Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:13 am

Colin smirked, "Figuratively speaking, Freddy. At any rate, my spotted dick has received high praise in the past."

At the store, Colin picked a carton of eggs and some assorted fruits, vegetables, spices, meats and hermetics, ending up with some three bags' worth of food. "Well, that should be all I need, as well as a few days' supplies for our new guests..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:21 am

Freddy burst out laughing.
"Well I just can't wait to see that."
The Virtual Adept giggled.

The walk to the store take about five minutes. There are not allot of other shoppers here, only a few teenagers buying beer, and two old ladies discussing what sponge cake they should buy for their their afternoon tea. Freddy filled her basket with milk, TV dinners, candy and a couple of comic book then he waited for you to be ready shopping for the guests.
"I have gotten all I need as well so as soon as we have paid we can head back."
Freddy said as she got in line behind the two old ladies who had finally decided on what cake they wanted.
"I will help you carry your stuff back since I only have enough groceries for one bag myself."
The Virtual Adept offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:13 am

"Thank you, hmmm... a little reshuffle here..."
Colin rebalanced the bags' contents so that one bag weighed about as much as Freddy's, and the other two roughly the same.
"There... you know, those TV dinners are rather dreadful things. You really should take the extra time to do some rudimentary cooking from scratch; it's both healthier and it tastes better."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:43 am

You get your groceries paid for and put into bags, Freddy takes one of the bags leaving you with two.
"Yeah I know, I know, I have just ever been any good at cooking, I can fry up an egg and make fried potatoes and tomato beans but that is about it. I mean it is just laziness on my part, I could look up how to do it online but there just never seam to be time for it and just sticking something in the microwave is just so practical."
Freddy said and sigh.
"I fear I would not make much of a housewife, it is more likely that I would end up setting the kitchen on fire rather than making something decent."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Colin smirked, "Well, good thing I know how to cook, then. Tonight, you'll get a mighty dinner made from the finest ingredients Danny's and my mother's care packages can provide."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:30 pm

"I will be looking forward to it then, and I am sure it will be a feast."
Freddy said then she grins.
"And I am looking forward to tasting that...what did you call it, spotted dick of yours."
You notice that one of the little old ladies that was within earshot looked rather shocked and she and her friend hurried out of the store. Freddy giggled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Colin chuckled, "Oh, dear, and here I could offer them recommendations for tea, too... Ah, well, I hope they weren't too badly scandalized. At the very least they didn't hear me say we'd have faggots for dinner. I'll admit, much of English cooking does seem ill-suited for polite conversation."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:34 pm

"It seamed I scared the two dear old ladies..."
Freddy said apologetically then she giggled again though.
"Some words just have gotten the wrong associations for food you know...faggots and spotted dick, well that sounds like an interesting meal, and yes I have actually heard what that dish is."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.
"There is this whole page online just for words that can never be used again...for anything..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Duncan nodded and sigh. "Very well, I am like I said a healer so being told to retreat is not uncommon for me, and I can see the logic of it, the group need the healer safe, still I do not like to leave others in trouble. Hopefully though things will go well."

"Don't get me wrong, we would want a healer as skilled as yourself in the event something should happen. Though it might be better to have a fallback position, like the car, or to get help than to stay in a battle that is overwhelming. But as you said, it depends on the situation."

"Well I guess we are here." Adjan said as he stepped out of the car.

When they close in on the bridge, Adley will make the same series of gestures and words that he had when they were checking out Tobias and Mr Lenoe, drawing the vesica pisces, giving the place a look over as he joined Adjan and waited for Duncan. "The spirit said it would meet us at the door. There is a possibility that due to it being bound it may not be able to come 'home' as she called it. But we shall see. If she does not appear, she has given me something to tell Danielle so she knows I spoke with her. Though it is less ideal."

// life/prime 1 scan checking for any hidden supernaturals that might show up with prime or people - Arete:8,8 Perception: 8, 2,7, 5, 5 - does Adley need to recast the spirit-sight/speak or does this count as the same scene?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Colin grinned, "And how large a share of that list is reserved for the English kitchen? Inquiring minds wish to know."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Adley:

"Don't get me wrong, we would want a healer as skilled as yourself in the event something should happen. Though it might be better to have a fallback position, like the car, or to get help than to stay in a battle that is overwhelming. But as you said, it depends on the situation."

"I agree Mr Roth Hicks it do depend on the situation."
Duncan said he glanced out the window but did not seam nervous, he had been in strange situations before.
"Let us just focus on getting this to go smoothly."

When they close in on the bridge, Adley will make the same series of gestures and words that he had when they were checking out Tobias and Mr Lenoe, drawing the vesica pisces, giving the place a look over as he joined Adjan and waited for Duncan.

You get the same feeling from something inside the hut as you got from Lenoe, about exactly the same, something animated, and yet dead...wrong in a way, this thing though is even more Entropic while the main force with Lenoe was Stasis. You can also feel something slightly magickal in the hut, that can be the cat, other than that there do not appear to be anyone around, right now though you feel the weak residue of a rote, probably the rote Duvalier used to bind Embra. If you have chosen to keep your Spirit sight active during th car ride you will see the fire elemental showing up outside the door to the hut after a few moments, though she seam weaker than before, less present as if she is struggling to be here. If you have not kept your spirit sight active you just feel her as something supernatural in the area.

"The spirit said it would meet us at the door. There is a possibility that due to it being bound it may not be able to come 'home' as she called it. But we shall see. If she does not appear, she has given me something to tell Danielle so she knows I spoke with her. Though it is less ideal."

Duncan steps out of the car a well and Adjan nods.
"We should probably not all three go in there, that might scare this person, what if you and Duncan knock on the door and I keep watch in case something happens?"
The Euthanatos suggest.

(OOC: It is not technically the same scene but since it have not gone long and there have just been a short drive I will say it is up to you, Adley could have kept his rote active but then he would have seen every Spirit on the road from Westchapel to the bridge and that could be a bit confusing and also increase the chance that they would notice him.)

Colin:

"Oh quite a bit though the biggest part of that list are the names of animals."
Freddy grinned as she walked beside you back to the Chantry.
"I can send you a link to the site with the list if you want."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:25 pm

"I agree Mr Roth Hicks it do depend on the situation." Duncan said he glanced out the window but did not seam nervous, he had been in strange situations before. "Let us just focus on getting this to go smoothly."

He nodded at that. "Very well."

Duncan steps out of the car a well and Adjan nods. "We should probably not all three go in there, that might scare this person, what if you and Duncan knock on the door and I keep watch in case something happens?" The Euthanatos suggest.

"Very well. It's also not the largest place of residence in the world. I do see something in there, similar to when I first saw a vampire. And another life form, might be the cat." He repeated the Words to bring the spirit world into view to see if Embra had managed to get to the hut, given the feeling he had, and then those that allowed him to speak with her.

// Good points, no he wouldn't want a bunch of curious spirits following them they have enough problems - and he already has a headache.
Arete rolls for the spirit effects: view: 6,9 & speak: 8,2

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:43 pm

"That sounds good... Now, I'm thinking, unless something more urgent comes up, dinner at my place, six o'clock? With a bit of luck, Chief Morgan won't call on us to make any assaults or rescue missions for the remainder of the day, after all the calamities of the past two days. Or is it three? I seem to be losing track of how many crises we've had to manage over how long a period of time..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Adley:

Adjan nodded.
"I will keep watch out here then in case there is any trouble. Also Risen are generally hard to distinguish from vampires, they use this to hide from their own kind among vampire society."
The Euthanatos explained.

Embra comes into view and she took a few steps towards you.
"I can be here but not fully and trying to fight the magick that binds me are taxing we should speak with Danielle now before I am forced back to that workshop."
The Umbrood said with some urgency in her voice.

Colin:

"Dinner at six works for me."
Freddy said and nodded.
"Well with our luck we will be ashing toilets at Mecha by then but there is always hoping."
The Virtual Adept said sarcastically.
"I think it is three days now Colin."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Colin snorted, "Ah, yes, infiltrating the Technocracy, Super Mario Brothers-style. I can think of better ways to get in, should it prove necessary."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:06 pm

"Getting into Mecha is not a problem Colin, find a Technocrat, wave around a rote or two and hope they do not shoot you, feed you to the Computer or some such other unpleasantries and boom you are on Mecha, it is leaving again that is the real issue."
Freddy said as you reached the Chantry doors.
"But I will let you tend to our guests and I will see you at dinner."
The Virtual Adept said and handed you your third shopping bag and gave you a kiss on the cheek before she headed towards her room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Embra comes into view and she took a few steps towards you. "I can be here but not fully and trying to fight the magick that binds me are taxing we should speak with Danielle now before I am forced back to that workshop." The Umbrood said with some urgency in her voice.

"Let's hurry then," he said, stepping to the door and knocking on it. He was careful to put himself in a protective stance to Duncan, just in case and waited to see if Danielle opened the door for them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Colin grinned and whistled to himself as he sorted out his groceries, and carried the rest upstairs to Micah's apartment. "Mister Gregario? Some food supplies for the weekend; a decent spread of all the finest comestibles Danny's on the corner can provide. Simple, but better than those dreadful ready-made meals."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Adley:

Danielle opened the door, or at least a woman you think is Danielle, she look to be around fifteen years old and is pretty with big brown eyes and short curly hair, the girl have a sweet face with freckles, though she i probably older than she look, the girl was earing jeans and a green blouse and she looked rather apprehensive when you knock on her door, she did probably not get many visitor but then Embra whispered in her ear and the Risen relaxed.
"Hello..."
Danielle said hesitantly.
"My friend tell me that you are here to help, but who are you?"

Colin:

Micah opened the door and took the groceries with a grateful smile.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I appreciate it, I am sorry for the trouble, how much to I owe you?"
The Mercere said as he motioned for you to come in as he carried the food to the kitchen. Susannah you see sit in the same chair she had been in when you left, staring into nothing.
"I prefer simple food Mr Wainwright, I always have."
Micah said as he begin to put things away in the fridge.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:44 pm

"Hello," Adley said to her. "We are here to help you, as your friend Embra said. Please call me Theo for now. I am here with my associates to heal your cat so it may live longer." He added, "May we come in and assist you?" He tried to sound as polite as he could, he did not wish to put her on edge.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellcheck)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:02 pm

"I am Danielle."
The girl said she regarded you and Duncan for a while then she nodded and stepped out of the way to let you into her tiny home. Against one wall of the shed was a simple bed, and beside it there stood a chest that probably served as he dresser, other than that there was a shelf filled with books, nick nacks, boxes of high quality cat food, some magazines and other things a young girl might want, along the other wall there where several car seats gathered around a table. In one of those car seats there lay a very old cat. There was also a TV, a old and worn one that stood on the floor, there was a carpet on the floor, and posters on the walls.

The cat was viably old, her fur was so thin you could see the pink skin under it, and the fur that once had been black had patches of gray, the animal's eyes where milky as it regarded you.
"If you can help I would be grateful..."
Danielle said as she smiles to Duncan and then to you.
"Berry is nearly 24 years old now, and have gotten ill, I do not know how much longer she can last."

Duncan moved to have a look at the sick cat and Danielle looked nervous as he did so, she did not seam like she liked to let a stranger near the animal, but she did not protect, not yet at least. The cat showed trust towards the mage that sat down beside it, probably it had been treated with much care and love through it's life and it had not reason to be shy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:15 pm

Colin shrugged, "I'm afraid I forgot to get a receipt for the food - and in any case, I'm not sure how much our respective shares of the shopping came to. Seeing as I brought you here to help save my friend's Avatar, why don't we just credit the groceries toward that, hmm?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:08 pm

"Very well then, in that case thank you Mr Wainwright."
The Mercere said as he finished putting his groceries away.
"As for your friend, I do hope Susannah is able to help her, for both of their case, if an Avatar can be cleansed that would be wonderful, and once my apprentice have...done the thing she wanted to live for, passing on her knowledge...then she can finally be granted peace."
Micah say and looks at Susannah sorrowfully.
"Heaven knows she have suffered long enough."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:33 pm

The cat was viably old, her fur was so thin you could see the pink skin under it, and the fur that once had been black had patches of gray, the animal's eyes where milky as it regarded you. "If you can help I would be grateful..." Danielle said as she smiles to Duncan and then to you. "Berry is nearly 24 years old now, and have gotten ill, I do not know how much longer she can last."

"Good to meet you, Danielle." She seemed...well, as much a normal person that was in the state she was in as anyone could be expected. Then he saw the cat, Berry. "Twenty four," he said, sounding impressed; it was now a bit sad looking, but it had reached a venerable age, certainly. He nodded to Duncan and then looked back through the door briefly from where he stood to let Adjan to let him know so far things were ok. He kept watch over Duncan as he sat with the cat and began to familiarize himself with it. "My associate is skilled with animals," he said to Danielle, trying to put her somewhat at ease. It was understandable that she was cautious of course, as they were as well.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite... Say, I don't suppose you've tried to commit her knowledge to the page? Try to get a few transcripted explanations or somesuch?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next