Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:17 am

Colin smoothly slipped a two-dollar bill under his teacup as a tip and picked up his little back of books, slowly rising to his feet and keeping an eye on the entrance, taking a little extra time to straighten his jacket to allow the others to start moving.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:30 am

"I don't think you want to throw away your chance like that," he said.

Hannah sigh she said nothing, to her being a Nephandus was the norm and it was her that was unusual as she did not see the world as they did, and yet it was very clear by the way she wrinkled her nose in disgust that she had no desire to have her Avatar twisted, she was concerned about the soul of her brother though.

"I understand," he said.

"He do not deserve to suffer any further, he even spared me once, when I was a child and he was newly formed and weak. My mother got me into the Caul, it was easy enough I was a child and easy to trick, but nothing happened, I just lay there, wrapped up in flesh, no pain, no new perception no portal to untold dimensions, just nothing, then I heard something shout no, and I was spat out, covered in slime but unchanged...my mother never tried to corrupt me again...until now as my bother have...what was left of his Avatar is gone now, he is a Caul, he will nto spare me a second time, but once there was love in him, he do not deserve to suffer any longer."
Hannah said sadly she turned her face away so Adley would not see the tears in her eyes, she did not like showing weakness before anyone at least of all before another mage.

"Good." He wrote out, We should leave now. He let her read the note and then put the notebook away, gestured for her to take the papers to translate towards her. He made it look like he was readying to leave, so that Colin would know what was going on.

Hannah nodded she read the note then took the papers and stood, she seamed nervous and uncertain, ready to bolt but at least she was cooperating for now.
"What about my car? It is parked in the garage under the mall five blocks from here, I have most of my needed belongings there."
Hannah said, apparently she had planned to spend the weekend in her car somewhere. Hannah kept her eyes on Colin as well but then she begun moving towards the exit.
"Well I guess none of it is absolutely needed."
The young woman muttered, though her eyes kept darting around, keeping a eye out for anything that could be a danger to her.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 pm

"He do not deserve to suffer any further, he even spared me once...my mother never tried to corrupt me again...until now as my bother have...what was left of his Avatar is gone now, he is a Caul, he will not spare me a second time, but once there was love in him, he do not deserve to suffer any longer."

"All the more reason for you to be safely elsewhere this weekend. But I agree that he has indeed suffered, far far more than he should have had to."

Hannah nodded she read the note then took the papers and stood, she seamed nervous and uncertain, ready to bolt but at least she was cooperating for now. "What about my car? It is parked in the garage under the mall five blocks from here, I have most of my needed belongings there." Hannah said, apparently she had planned to spend the weekend in her car somewhere. Hannah kept her eyes on Colin as well but then she begun moving towards the exit. "Well I guess none of it is absolutely needed."

"Better to pick it up out of the tow yard if need be or pay a ticket to get the boot off...your things can be replaced, you cannot." Unless there was something incriminating in there he didn't have the time to check her items and make sure they were safe. He began to walk towards the door of the bakery, keeping her in sight and close by and trusting Colin to have his back as they made their way towards the car. She looked like she was ready to be jumped at any point and Adley wouldn't be surprised, with the way things had gone, so he was trying to keep himself alert.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:26 pm

"All the more reason for you to be safely elsewhere this weekend. But I agree that he has indeed suffered, far far more than he should have had to."

Hannah nodded she seamed rather angry at the thought of what had happened to her brother but she did not say anything more about it.

"Better to pick it up out of the tow yard if need be or pay a ticket to get the boot off...your things can be replaced, you cannot."

"Yeah you are probably right about that."
The Orphan said and sigh.
"Luckily I dropped my pets of at the shop I work at earlier so my boss can take care of them over the weekend so I do not have to worry about them."
Hannah muttered as you where on your way out of the cafe.

He began to walk towards the door of the bakery, keeping her in sight and close by and trusting Colin to have his back as they made their way towards the car. She looked like she was ready to be jumped at any point and Adley wouldn't be surprised, with the way things had gone, so he was trying to keep himself alert.

You walk out of the cafe, Hannah looks around nervously there is that feeling in the air, the feeling of something about to happen that makes the hair stand up on your neck.

(Adley and Colin can you please give me an perception plus alertness roll.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Tane looked at her curiously. What an odd avatar to be there just being noise in the datta.

If she can't clean it... Will it take over her?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 pm

"Yes, most likely Beatrice's Avatar will one day win, and if not in this life, then in the next, that is the problem with the Fallen, when they die their Avatar just corrupt the new host that it is eventually reborn into."
Cita said and looked concerned.
"There is a reason why the Gilgul rite is used on her kind...it is just so hard when the widderslainte in question is sweet and innocent then it hardly seam right to hurt them so badly for what they will become in the future but are not at the present."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Tane Sighted Is that so? Tane looked upwards and denied with the head. It looked like it cared about her.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:41 pm

"I heard Adley Roth Hicks, Cheif Morgan's apprentice say the same that Beatrice's Avatar care about it's host, which is strange for what it is, I have never heard of that before, but it is Fallen, there is not doubt about that."
Cita said and sigh.
"But perhaps the fact that the Avatar care about it's mage that means there is a chance for it to be cleansed, it really all depend on finding out how that one girl who managed did it, and she is rather out of it I will presume, though I have not met her yet, well I have, I examined her Avatar but I have not talked with her after...her punishment..."
The Virtual Adept said sadly.
"But perhaps she can still give us some clues."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:24 am

Colin trod toward the exit a few steps behind Adley and Hannah Larson, monocle still in place and scanning the surroundings for trouble...

((OOC: Perception + Alertness... Gotta love a character with a large... dice pool. 3, 3, 6, 7, 9.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:15 am

I wouldn't relay on that. It's like asking "how did you ascended?" it's not sure that you'll get an answer. My people have a saying: If you walk another man's path, you'll find another man's destiny. I think it's clear enough.
I have an alternative, but i wish to use it only if there's no other remedy. It's asking the werewolves or weresharks to perform a ritual that it's used to clense their kind from the taint. It might as well work with us. THe problem is that if they do, it might gilgul her if it fails. AS i said, it's a risky option.

But, my wereshark friend has also sensed a little dot of purity inside Beatrice avatar. Maybe it was never completelly corrupted or maybe al witterslainds are born with something like that...
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:54 am

"Yeah you are probably right about that." The Orphan said and sigh. "Luckily I dropped my pets of at the shop I work at earlier so my boss can take care of them over the weekend so I do not have to worry about them."

He thought about Danielle's cat and asked, "Are they simply pets?" If they weren't, if they were a familiars, that could cause difficulty. They would surely possess a link, one that would have ramifications if something befell them. It was hard enough that her avatar twin had, to intents and purposes been killed as it was turned into a caul.

You walk out of the cafe, Hannah looks around nervously there is that feeling in the air, the feeling of something about to happen that makes the hair stand up on your neck.

It felt like before a thunderstorm, that sense that lightning was in the air, about to strike. Something was wrong...

//6,5,3,5,1 >.<

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:24 am

Colin and Adley:

He thought about Danielle's cat and asked, "Are they simply pets?" If they weren't, if they were a familiars, that could cause difficulty. They would surely possess a link, one that would have ramifications if something befell them. It was hard enough that her avatar twin had, to intents and purposes been killed as it was turned into a caul.

Hannah shook her head.
"No they are not simply pets, they are Nodes, weak ones yes but enough to get me by. Yes, yes I know Nodes are usually places but it can form in items and even in living entities as well and my pet snails, yes snails African Giant sails produce tass in their slime."
The young woman said and smiles a little, she was clearly very fond of her tass generating little friends.

Colin you notice tree men that seam to have been keeping watch on the cafe, and now that your group is walking down the street they slowly follow you though they try to stay hidden in the crowd, one of the men you have seen before, it is one of the group that attacked you and the retrieval team a few nights ago when you went to pick up Patrick Dale and he gave you a rather nasty look saying he recognized you as well.

Hannah suddenly stops walking.
"Someone are using magick."
She muttered and looked around nervously. Adley you do not notice anything wrong other than the feeling of something being wrong, but it was clear the young Orphan felt something.

Tane:

I wouldn't relay on that. It's like asking "how did you ascended?" it's not sure that you'll get an answer. My people have a saying: If you walk another man's path, you'll find another man's destiny. I think it's clear enough.

"There are likely to be personal variations for the path needed to be taken for each person but at least with this girl's advice we will have a place to start and a general outline."
Cita said as she glanced at Tane.

I have an alternative, but i wish to use it only if there's no other remedy. It's asking the werewolves or weresharks to perform a ritual that it's used to clense their kind from the taint. It might as well work with us. THe problem is that if they do, it might gilgul her if it fails. AS i said, it's a risky option.

The Virtual Adept raised an eyebrow.
"Whatever or not something like that world work with us depend on where this taint is cleansed from. Now here is what I know from examining werecreatures, in some ways they are similar to mages in their spiritual anatomy, what have to be their connection to well whatever make them what they are, is located in the same place of the soul as a mage's Avatar, we believe that is the reason why there have never been a report of such a creature Awakening, it is like a old computer with only one serial port and the printer is already attached. To me it seams like werecreatures share one huge Avatar while we have individual ones, so there are similarities...however I would need to know more about this ritual to know if it is actually an option and what it would do to Beatrice."
Cita said then she gave the door to the Verbena's room a concerned glance.
"Also after what she has been through, it is not likely that Beatrice will consent to such a treatment."
The technomancer said then she added in a serious tone of voice.
"Also Mr Karyak, if I where you I would not mention this option to Master Nassa, not if you value your life, he is rather protective of his apprentice."

But, my wereshark friend has also sensed a little dot of purity inside Beatrice avatar. Maybe it was never completelly corrupted or maybe al witterslainds are born with something like that...

"No they are born fully corrupted...however I have to admit that it is something different about Beatrice Alexander, I have seen a few of her kind, including those that hold back their destructive tendencies but there is a part of that girl that seams to be truly innocent, perhaps your friend is right...I have not been able to detect such a uncorrupted part in her though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:49 am

Colin stepped briskly up behind Hannah and Adley, "Bugger, three Nephandi following us; I recognize one from the Technocrat's apartment. Move, quickly!"
Then he fished up another monocle and made a quick scan for a Correspondence link from Hannah to the pursuers, "Conspectus nexu."

((OOC: WP, 8, 8 - I'm going to go with that; it should be a simple scan in any case, and I'm in a bit of a rush with it. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:57 am

You do not see a direct correspondence link, it was likely they had tailed her the old fashioned way. There are links between them but they are more vague, the bonds formed by knowing someone, growing up around someone, but no direct link.

Hannah looked angry.
"Damned it why will they not just leave me alone."
She muttered but she did pick up the pace and glanced over her shoulder.
"It must be one of them working magick."
The woman muttered and as she walked her pale hands begun to discretely form symbols of her own.
"Technocrat's apartment? Ah yes I heard something about that, the group sent to retrieve Dale...well they will be after a bit of payback then as that mission did not go to well."
Hannah muttered as she glanced around.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:19 am

Colin pocketed the monocle again, looking around and casually counting spectators, "I don't know about that; I thought the extraction went almost perfectly. Now, let me see, they don't seem to have a tracking spell up, so if we can find somewhere to get out of sight..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:05 am

"For your side it probably did go very well, my mother lost two of her men in addition to Dale himself, so she do not consider it be much of a win."
Hannah muttered.
"I do not care about the two who died though, but Dale getting caught by the Traditions that...is a shame, I liked him."
The young woman muttered then she gave Colin an angry glare.
"Is he even still complete?"
Hannah asked in a upset tone of voice.
"Now for out of sight...there is not allot of places around here that are so at this time of day, after all this is a pretty busy plaza, but there are some construction down that path there, it might and I do stress the word might here, be fewer people there."
Hannah suggested and pointed down one narrow street.

There are dozens of people on the street if not more, all entering shops or leaving or slowly walking in small groups talking, this was not a good place for a magickal conflict.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:20 am

Colin nodded, for a moment taking a bit of grim satisfaction in his marksmanship, "Dale is yet unharmed. And I'm sorry to say it, but he will most likely be... well, you know. At least we're going to show him mercy; he will not be forced to live as an empty shell, whereas the Union might make an example of him."
Glancing at Adley, he added, "So, call in the cavalry?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:35 am

"Yeah I know."
Hannah muttered angrily.
"The Traditions are not known for showing kindness to the Fallen, not that many of them deserve it, but him...he do not deserve such a fate. Well I guess there is some small mercy in that he will not be forced...suffer afterwards, still to the one I have grown up with being captured by your side is worse than the Union, the Technocracy might Gilgul you...the Traditions are almost sure to do so. I wonder do you ever stop to consider yourselves from the views of those who are not part of your faction?"
The young woman muttered, after all while she had no loyalty to her mother, she had many Nephandi friends, she knew their fears and concerns.
"Well this is perhaps not the time and place to discuss it though."
The Orphan muttered and glanced back.
"I can berate you about your justice system when we are not running from a trio of Nephandi."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:45 pm

Colin nodded, "I'd be all too glad to pas your berating directly on to our Chief of Security, if you would like; In fact, I rather expect to find you'd immediately outrank me, should you join the Chantry. So feel free to rant about the meritocratic system in place as well."
He gave a quick wink, "Sorry, bad habit from my military days; letting my mouth run when things are getting intense. I'll try to shut up."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Colin nodded, "I'd be all too glad to pas your berating directly on to our Chief of Security, if you would like; In fact, I rather expect to find you'd immediately outrank me, should you join the Chantry. So feel free to rant about the meritocratic system in place as well."

"I would not mind berating your Chief of Security either, I have never had a problem with telling older mages exactly what I think, rank means very little to me."
Hannah muttered.

He gave a quick wink, "Sorry, bad habit from my military days; letting my mouth run when things are getting intense. I'll try to shut up."

"Talk all you want...ehm Wainwright it do not bother me, but we might want to focus on the situation at hand, I mean one thing is what my mother want to do with me, but I doubt you want to find out what she will do to you and your friend here, the Nephandi are not known for being the most kind to their prisoners."
The Orphan muttered as she looked around and kept a careful watch of her environment so no one was going to be able to sneak up on her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:00 pm

IF it takes over and she's getting gilguled for it, and i tend to think many people will agree, then i will tell him. The problem is ¿what if we cleanse her avatar but she's already corrupted? We shouldn't let it get to it.

AS for the innocence you don't find... Maybe run a tomography and search for anomalies? Look deep, it is little but it is there, we are sure.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:25 pm

IF it takes over and she's getting gilguled for it, and i tend to think many people will agree, then i will tell him. The problem is ¿what if we cleanse her avatar but she's already corrupted? We shouldn't let it get to it.

"I understand the reason why trying such a method could be beneficial to try if the poor Mercere girl can can help Beatrice and if it is that or Gilgul...however without more knowledge of this method then even as a last ditch effort it will not by accepted by our judges, Mage society are not likely to just trust that werecreatures can do this, especially as we do not even know if it can work, however I would be willing to learn about it, just in case it ends up as the only chance Beatrice have and perhaps it can also be an alternative to others like her, if an Avatar can be saved by this then it is valuable knowledge."

AS for the innocence you don't find... Maybe run a tomography and search for anomalies? Look deep, it is little but it is there, we are sure.

"Hum...yes that could work but such a deep scan could scare and upset her Avatar and be painful for her so it will have to wait until she is recovered...but I fear that she will be so traumatized that she will be to scared of anything to do with examining or doing anything with her Avatar, we can not expect her to walk away from what happened last night without mental issues, she is not likely to let me do a deep scan of her Avatar."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:44 am

"No they are not simply pets, they are Nodes, weak ones yes but enough to get me by. Yes, yes I know Nodes are usually places but it can form in items and even in living entities as well and my pet snails, yes snails African Giant sails produce tass in their slime."

"Interesting," he remarked. It was but he was also glad they didn't have to deal with a familiar.

Hannah suddenly stops walking. "Someone are using magick."

Colin stepped briskly up behind Hannah and Adley, "Bugger, three Nephandi following us; I recognize one from the Technocrat's apartment. Move, quickly!" Then he fished up another monocle and made a quick scan for a Correspondence link from Hannah to the pursuers, "Conspectus nexu."

"Shit," he said by way of acknowledgement. He already had a tendency to walk fast but now he walked faster. "Behind us, six o'clock?" No, he surely didn't want to have any sort of conflict in this dense an area of sleepers but when Hannah pointed, projecting where to go, he knew that the people behind him would likely have seen it. And going down there meant a fight, one he'd rather not have, given the time of day and goal.

Glancing at Adley, he added, "So, call in the cavalry?"

"We might need some interference run to get out of here," he agreed. When they started talking about Mr Dale, he ignored them, concentrating instead on finding them a way to get to the car and out of there without having to take out three Nephandi, and well aware there could be others in the area.

// I wasn't under the impression they were far from the car in the lot from where they parked it - how close are the goons and the environs, by comparison and what direction are they coming at them from? Also, sorry for the late reply, long day and got up late is a bad combo!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:56 am

The car is oh give or take tree minutes away so getting to it will not take to long. You are walking down a busy shopping street so there are a road just wide enough for two cars to pass one another, a side walk on each side and buildings and shops along the road. The goons are not that far behind, though they are trying to stay hidden in the crowds, 20 meters give or take, and they are a bit spread out to avoid detection though they are now moving to get closer together, obviously realizing their cover is blown but they have not attacked yet, to use magick in this area would be extremely dangerous and even more so to the Fallen who are more affected by Paradox. The car is in a small parking lot just down the street. Whatever the three Fallen will think fuck Paradox and do something other than following if they think your group is getting away by car however that is another matter. The Nephandi are behind you down the street from your group, they seam to be gathering on the southern sidewalk which will be to your left, but generally with such a narrow area that meant about right behind you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:56 am

Colin fished up his phone and, to the casual observer, might look like he was taking a selfie while he walked. He actually tried to get a couple of tolerably good snapshots of the three Nephandi in pursuit, and sent them off to Narim with a short message, "3 Neph in pursuit, photos for ID; inform Morgan. May need some interference; heading for getaway car. Wainwright."
He then pocketed the phone again, keeping half an eye on the Nephandi, "Right, I sent Master Sharaya pictures of these three; might be useful. With luck, he or Chief Morgan can do some interception for us, but let us not expect too much right now."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next