Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

4 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Colin smiled thinly and stepped inside the laundry room, giving Diego a quick look-over. "So, Diego, was it? I have a simple question for you... How is Maya doing?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Adley Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:30 pm

"I will let the ward down for you, one moment." He said and begun to mutter several words...

"Thank you," he said.

Darrian took the paper and nodded he wrote down. "One of the Euthanatos I think, at two in the afternoon." The Solificati passed the note back to you.

He read it, nodded and put it into his wallet to burn later. No use leaving that sort of thing around if it could be helped, though it didn't help in switching guards for Raymond. It did remind him though to wonder when Diego's next injection should happen, however.

He went over to Darrian and Adley, "My pardon; it was an interesting topic of discussion... I should like to ask Diego a question; it shouldn't take long, but I rather need an answer for... further considerations."
"Well the ward is down and you are welcome to talk with the prisoner but I doubt you will get much but curses and insults out of me. He just threatened to dig up my Tradition founder's bones and do very inappropriate and quite unsanitary things with them, just to give you an idea of his mood." The Solificati said as he opened the door to the wash room so you and Adley could enter

He nodded to Colin and watched his back for him, ready to take action if it was needed, having heard all too well what Diego's mouth was like. It had been something of a relief to have knocked him out to shut him up but Colin seemed determined to try and perhaps he would have better luck.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:47 pm

In the wash room a ire bed had been placed and Diego lay tied down to it, he ha been given a pillow and some blankets though to make him more comfortable, the leaders of Steelhaven did not like to abuse a prisoner, though he was still in his old bloody clothes. The Nephandus turned his head when he heard the door open and spat.
"Oh great more fuckers who think I have anything to say to them."
Seeing Colin the Nephandus grinned.
"Ah the ugly one, did I not shoot you? Oh well no matter, so have you come to see if the big bad Nephandus have a tentacle to show up your ass?"
The prisoner asked and giggled.
"Why on earth should I tell you anything Traditionalist? You know your Arab friend tried to force me to talk, that did not do him any good, do you think you are any more scary. Tell you what why do you not just go and instead of bothering me use your mouth to..."
The rest of the sentence was a series of profanities and suggestions involving Colin's grandmother and what he could do with her instead of talking to Diego.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Colin shrugged and turned around, "And here I had the impression he was a lieutenant, instead of a slobbering lapdog. He's useless; I'm sorry you had to lower the wards for that."
Turning to Adley with a wink, he added, "Say, I think we should show him some generosity; perhaps provide him with a television. We should be able to get reception for CatholicTV here, shouldn't we?"

((OOC: Yes, CatholicTV is an actual 24-hour Bible channel operating in Boston, Massachusetts. I expect most Bostonites should be at least peripherally aware of its existence.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:47 pm

Diego grinned a little.
"My my do you think that if you apply to my vanity then I will immediately tell you everything you wanted to hear...I am not a second grade Marvel villain you mother fucking Traditionalist!"
He said and grumbled. Darrian glances into the room and says nothing though he have a look of disgust for Diego on his face.

When you talk about 24/7 Catholic TV Diego laugh.
"Well now that is a threat, however you do know that I do not have any particular problem with religion, I do not burst if I go into a Church so all your entertainment would do is possibly bore me to death."
The Nephandus said and sigh.
"You really do seam to have some odd ideas of what would affect me, don't you?"
He said.
"Listen Ugly there is very little you can say, do or offer that will make me want to tell you anything. I know what you fucking Traditionalists will do with me and any torture you do to me will just increase the chance I manage to die first...and I have no reason to want to cooperate so why do you not turn around and get the hell out of here and leave me alone."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:07 pm

I wouldn't, miss Day. I'm a defender, i don't like atacking if that doesn't mean i'm protecting somethign even more important. He said, nodding

He's an unpolite stubborn jackass but he's the best person i've ever met. IF we happen to be in the chantry with nothing more to do, i'll come, then
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:14 pm

"Well this Chantry needs a defender at least now when we have the fucking Nephandi breaching down our necks."
Henrietta said then she nodded.
"Well I will look forward to meeting him then."
She said and offered a smile.
"Is there anything else I can do for your Mr Karyak?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:22 pm

Adley sighed. This was not going well but he hadn't had much in the way of expectations. Colin's comment about the 24-hour religion channel seemed to amuse him though at least for a moment.  "It would spare the soap industry and us the trouble of applying that measure," he deadpanned. But he did not take his eyes from Diego, watching him carefully and waited to see if by some chance Colin would have the right leverage on him. Because it did not seem like the man was likely to budge and he did not have any time to waste.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Colin shrugged, looking at Adley and Darren, "No, he is truly useless. While I would honestly like to do nothing more than to let our Marauder into his cell to juggle fireballs for his entertainment, he isn't worth the effort. He's a vicious bundle of spite who wouldn't give us anything even if he could, since he knows what is coming. Of course..."
He glanced over his shoulder, "I could always confer with the Chief about whether or not execution would be included in the gilgul rite. That part is, after all, optional, and I'm not certain we're feeling particularly merciful right now."
He sighed and stepped outside again, "Ah, well, no use standing here... If you would be so kind as to reestablish the wards?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:55 pm

"Oh no not soap operas you have found our only weakness, the Nephandi just can not stand the pretentious acting of third rate Hollywood rejects whoring themselves out to a idiotic love triangles and unknown siblings showing up to try to commandeer the family business all the while squezing out babies for their maids to tend in order get the maximum drama and milk tears out of board housewives...it makes our brains melt, honest. One episode of Days of Our Lives and whole Labyrinths go up in flames."
Diego said and grinned.
"Or did you mean actual soap by that comment? Hey did I not shoot you to? Oh no that is right I missed, shame."
The Nephandus grumbled.

Diego who did not seam to be one to hold back on what words he used actually winced when Colin mentioned Gilgul.
"I am sure I will be able to kill myself....once such a thing is done."
He muttered and then quickly tried to hide his fear by spewing out some more profanity directed at both Adley and Colin this time.

Darrian nodded to Colin.
"Off course..."
He muttered and begun to work on the wards while Diego still shouted profanities and promises of quite reality defying ways he would abuse the three mages' privates from inside the cell.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Adley was pretty damn sure Diego's inverted avatar was indeed about as forfeit as they came and even a man as disgusting as he was would be -glad- to die, in all likelihood rather than live. He looked at his cabalmate with an entirely flat expression, one that probably said as much as if he'd said anything aloud to him about how much mercy he had for this prisoner, then moved to let him aside watching his back. He didn't say it had been a waste of time but instead looked at his friend and then said, "I think we should do something more productive than listen to this filth, waiting to see if a lotus is going to bloom in it." Once he was sure that Darrien had things back to sorts, he turned and checked over the other rooms as they passed and went upstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:17 pm

Darrian quickly set the ward back up then he sigh.
"I will be glad when this...creature is out of our hair. I hear we are shipping him out to Horizon as soon as possible, and I will be glad to see him gone."
The alchemist said.

There was only one more occupied cell, the only actual cell the Chantry had where Gloria could be found. Hildegaard sat guard outside the cell and there where no sounds from inside, the Marauder might be resting or meditating, she did not cause much trouble now that she had been convinced that the members of Steelhaven did not attack her gaggle of the mad.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Colin sighed and looked at Adley, "I'd hoped - not expected, of course - to learn whether Lady Ceris' friend, Maya, was still alive and relatively unscathed. We will, I suppose, have to try to find that much out in a more practical manner after all. Mind you, I'm still of half a mind to provide the television entertainment I mentioned; while I'm opposed to torture on principle, he does make making an exception tempting. Which, I suppose, is all the more reason to stand fast on principle."
He sighed again, "Well, then, you were calling a meeting?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:42 pm

He nodded to Hildegaard and then headed upstairs, to Narim's office first since he was relatively sure that the man was awake still.

Colin sighed and looked at Adley, "I'd hoped - not expected, of course - to learn whether Lady Ceris' friend, Maya, was still alive and relatively unscathed. We will, I suppose, have to try to find that much out in a more practical manner after all. Mind you, I'm still of half a mind to provide the television entertainment I mentioned; while I'm opposed to torture on principle, he does make making an exception tempting. Which, I suppose, is all the more reason to stand fast on principle." He sighed again, "Well, then, you were calling a meeting?"

"He does, but you are probably right. And besides, there's no use torturing the watchers as well. Bad enough they have to listen to his mouth." Then he added, "Not exactly," he said obscurely to his question. "Some things have transpired while you were occupied. I'm not sure how much you will be allowed to know about some of it or not until I ask but I'd rather not have to hunt you down, the way things are going. Besides, it sounds like you might have something to tell me too, if I'm not over-reaching." He turned the corner and then gave him a tired smile. "Congratulations by the way. I'm glad to see you...whole and well."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Colin nodded, "I'm sure I will be briefed on the particulars I need to know; I understand you and Chief Morgan had an adventurous night after I, hm, left this world, as it were? I'm terribly sorry I couldn't come to your aid, but I'm afraid Freddy was reluctant to summon a frozen Norwegian river to drop on me... Why, it's almost so a fellow could suspect she's fond of me."
He strolled alongside Adley with a half-sheepish smile, "At any rate, I'm sure you'll find the full transcript of my Seeking interesting... If it's not inconvenient, would you mind if we fetch a couple of sketches on the way? I promised Master Steelhaven I'd bring them along to supplement the transcript... some rather accurate details from a probable future; he said he'd get some copies made at Master Sharaya's office, so if that's not too much of a detour for you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:30 pm

"Yes...adventurous is one way to put it," he said with a frown. "At any rate, I hardly fault you. You were shot and then well, if your avatar saw fit then what can one do? It was important, I gather." Then he smiled more warmly as Colin talked about Freddie. "I hope you don't mind I told her, she volunteered to look after you which I was grateful for...yes, I think you might have a chance, there Colin." He listened again for a moment and nodded. "Since that's where we're going, not at all. Probable future? Hm..." he looked thoughtful and then nodded again. "Yes, well, if you don't mind me seeing it, of course..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:10 am

Colin smiled, "You're my Cabalmate, Adley, and I'd count you as a trusted friend. The occurrence of certain remembered future events this morning made it certain that there were prophetic elements to my Seeking, and I'm having it distributed in whole to our leadership, and in expurgated form to any... interested parties. I have no objection to you seeing the full story."
He stroked his chin thoughtfully, "Though certain events could yet happen differently, it seems we're yet on the same course. I expect Chief Morgan, once he wakes up, will have a few things to say about the outline of things to come, considering the letter that arrived for him this morning."
He lead the way to his apartment, and fetched the sketchbook, "It's rather astounding - I've seen a most remarkable ship in flight over Horizon, yet I've never set foot there, and the ship is not yet fully operational... but my drawing was remarkably accurate, according to the genius behind it."
He sighed, "Of course, I was also given the grand tour of a horrible abomination of mutated flesh, which I hope never to see again for the first time..."
Colin grimaced, "Also, I look forward to the point when I get the grammar sorted out properly."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:13 am

"Thank you, Colin that means very much to me," he said. "Still, some things are private and usually Seekings would count...prophetic? Dare I ask if what might come was beneficial or baneful, or wait until I see it and spare you having to go over it?" he asked, following him. "You saw a ship that has not yet been created yet?" He shook his head, not quite fitting everything together yet. "You have been busy..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:26 am

I have not known of any attacks from the nephandi, but i have known of masters of the art ripping avatars off. Personally, i'm mad to both and i'm protecting the people of this chantry from both of them. both overpowered him, though, but still...

Na, thanks for everything. I think i should go and give this spidergirl some blood.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:35 am

Colin and Adley:

As you leave prepare to leave the basement you see Henrietta Day leave the room where you had placed Dennis Lenoe, clearly the hedge wizard had checked up on the vampire, though right now he should be sleeping rather soundly. Henrietta gave you both a nod but she did not want to disturb your conversation so she say nothing she just hurry up the basement stairs towards her room.

As you walk and talk you see quite a few of the Chantry members walking to and from and going about their days. You see Antonio Riez go over an evacuation plan for those who just can not fight with his apprentice, Rosa and Mrs von Hess. The scribe seamed fairly well though he was not using his right hand yet, it was probably pretty sore. Most likely it was the Chief who had instructed the man to come up with a plan to get the youngest apprentices, the wounded, Julia von Hess and Mrs Danbrock out of harms way if the Chantry was attacked, since these could not fight. Well Hiledgard's little Jane could fight the girl was impressively talented in magick, but no one wanted a six year old on the front lines.

Other than that several people was leaving the common room after breakfast and as usual there was a regular stream of mages going to the library.

On your way to Colin's room you meet Cita who nodded to you both but she to did not want to disturb your conversation so she headed towards Tobias' room without saying anything. All over the Chantry while it was mostly business as usual there was this feeling of uneasiness, not everyone knew just how dire the situation with the Nephandi was but all knew there would be fighting and that it would come soon and the chatter in the hallways was low and took on concerned tones.

Tane:

"Well no one tell me anything but rumors say that the Nephandi are up to something and while they have not attacked us directly yet they are moving in the city and there have been fights, there is even rumors they got a Marauder Master to fight for them and attack a group of our people. I don't know what is true though but we certainly do have a lady prisoner in the basement."
Henrietta said and shrugged.
"As for what those Masters did, no I do not like that, Beatrice Alexander do not harm anyone, I do not care how some component of her soul look, she is a nice person and she did not deserve to be hurt. There are some insane laws in the Traditions to allow such to happen, then again I have friends of several supernatural groups, the ones you would call other Awakened, and most of them have insane laws as well."
The woman said and sigh.
"I you want to fight insane laws man that is fine by me."

Henrietta nodded then she smiles.
"Ok then, good luck with that werespider, I hope she makes it and give you the information you need. Oh and welcome to Steelhaven, you might be a incurable softie but we need a good shaman at this place."
The hedge wizard said.
"Have a pleasant day then and it was nice to meet you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:59 am

When she said the thing about softie, he smiled. One can thing whatever they wanted.

Thanks. I'll get her on her feet. Thanks for your help, maybe i bring her here, too. All the help we can get... He said and greeted her.

Now, off to see Morgan
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:44 am

Colin smiled wryly, giving the appropriate nods in greeting to the people they passed, "It was two decades in the future... Do you honestly believe everything in that time would be only beneficial or only baneful? And the ship has been built, it's just not yet in operation. I... can't in good conscience shed any further light on that right now; that's really not for me to tell. Suffice to say, it's on Horizon, though, where I can't have seen it yet."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:24 am

Adley nodded to Henrietta, Cita, and Antonio as well as anyone else he knew that he passed as they walked. He was glad to see that there was a contingency plan being gone over, just in case.

"It was two decades in the future... Do you honestly believe everything in that time would be only beneficial or only baneful?

"I suppose that is less realistic than optimistic or honestly true," he said. "I suppose things are rarely so clear."

"And the ship has been built, it's just not yet in operation. I... can't in good conscience shed any further light on that right now; that's really not for me to tell. Suffice to say, it's on Horizon, though, where I can't have seen it yet."

"I see, very well then," he didn't want to pry but the fact the ship was real, existed in fact in some way...well. Then he circled back to something he was complaining of a moment ago. "I can see the difficulty, by the way...there's the the argument amongst some lingusits that English has no future tense as it has no inflections for verbs in a future form as it does for verbs in the past tense, complicated enough without throwing in non-linear time." When he got to Narim's door he knocked on it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:48 am

Colin nodded, "Oh, English can certainly make do with speculations on the future - kludged together like most of the language with borrowed words and tacked-on phrases such as 'going to do something' and such... treating the future as the future, linguistically, isn't really any more difficult than treating the past as the past. It's when non-linearity enters the equation everything breaks down."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:53 am

Tane:

"I would check with the Chief before brining a werespider to the Chantry."
Henrietta warned then she nodded.
"But I am sure it would be an interesting person to meet."

You reach Jeffry Morgan's office and the old mage calls out to you when you knock on his door to come in.
"Ah Mr Karyak can I help you with something?"
The man said, his face was gruff and unreadable as usual but his voice betrayed that he was a bit stressed.
"You have to excuse me, I have just arrived back after a visit to Horizon and I do not have allot of time to spend right now, so what can I help you with?"
The old mage asked.

(OOC: This is Friday morning so it would be just after Morgan came back from Horizon and just before he sent Adley out to look for the kidnapped Spirit Masters.)

Adley and Colin:

Narim open his door and smiles to the both of you.
"Adley, Mr Wainwright, please do come in what can I do for you?"
The young Master of the Art said.
"Can I offer any of you a cup of tea? Oh and Adley a Mercere where here with some documents for your mentor, they are in my safe do you want to take them to his office or should I keep them here until Jeffry becomes available?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next