Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Adley Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:09 am

"Hum...no I do not think so, I trust everyone that will be invited to the meeting with the information that needs to be discussed."The old mage said.

He nodded at that and took out his notebook to write down the telephone numbers that he'd been given and the main points of information that his mentor had not missed while talking with Colin. "I'll go get them...Bergen gave me some phone numbers. He also used Skype on his phone to talk to Abigail and Solveig, there might be logs that the Virtual Adepts could dig up. He says he erased them but there might be something left." He passed the paper to his pater and then hurried towards the door to get the Euthanatos.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:22 am

He gave Julia a quick bow as she emerged from the office, "Ah, Mrs. von Hess, the pendulum seems to work properly, I trust?"

Julia gave you a friendly but nervous smile.
"Yes Mr Wainwright, the pendulum do seam to be exactly what I needed, now we will only have to see if my skills are good enough."
She said and looked down.
"I will do my best with it."
The hedge wizard said before she left.

As Morgan showed them into the office, he smiled, "I've sat for the better part of the past three hours, I'd rather stand right now... Helps the blood flow to my brain better, too. I'll accept the offered cup this time, though, Sir..."

Jeffry nodded he poured freshly made coffee in a white cup and handed it to you before he poured himself one as well.
"Very well, it seams I did not need to worry about the lack of chairs."
He said with a slight grin.

He absentmindedly adjusted the signet ring on his left hand, "Point of order, Sir - how far back do we start the outline of events, when we sum up the situation? For that matter, what IS the earliest point we know of of the chain of events?"

"If we are thinking about the events in Chicago the earliest point we know of is the kidnapping of Liv Bergen. We should give an outline of the situation, what is needed for this mission."
He said.
"But we should be quick about it for we need to act now while it is still day outside."

"I'll go get them...Bergen gave me some phone numbers. He also used Skype on his phone to talk to Abigail and Solveig, there might be logs that the Virtual Adepts could dig up. He says he erased them but there might be something left." He passed the paper to his pater and then hurried towards the door to get the Euthanatos.

Jeffry took the note and read it then he nodded.
"Yes just let Narim know to go over Mr Bergen's computer and see what he can dig up."
He said.
"Very well you get the Euthanatoi and I will call Miss Adlebloom."
He said then he made a quick call, when whoever was answering on the other end picked up he said.
"Miss Adlebloom have your replacement arrived yet?"
"Good if you would please then come to my office?"
"Thank you I will see you in a little while then."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:56 am

Colin smiled warmly at Julia, "I have total confidence in your skills, Mrs. von Hess. Oh, and give Mr. von Hess my regards."

Colin nodded to Morgan, "Yes, I know Liv Bergen was extricated from her Mentor's care - whether or not her Mentor was complicit remains unknown, or has that changed? At any rate, that was the point when Ulv Bergen was compromised; do we have a full tally of what he actually succeeded in doing before he got caught? I trust he still is none too happy about being corporeally apprehended by a lowly Orphan?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Colin smiled warmly at Julia, "I have total confidence in your skills, Mrs. von Hess. Oh, and give Mr. von Hess my regards."

"You are to kind Mr Wainwright."
Julia said and smiled.
"And I will certainly give my husband your regards, thank you."

Colin nodded to Morgan, "Yes, I know Liv Bergen was extricated from her Mentor's care - whether or not her Mentor was complicit remains unknown, or has that changed?

"No that have not changed, Mr Bergen do seam to think that his daughter's mentor had something to do with her capture or at least that he did not protect her well enough but we do not know anything more on whatever or not that assumption is correct or not."

At any rate, that was the point when Ulv Bergen was compromised; do we have a full tally of what he actually succeeded in doing before he got caught?

"No we do not but he have given some more details, including breaking into Miss Alexander's apartment and sending some of her hair to Lisa Larson and giving the Nephandi all the relevant information he know about the Chantry including names and appearance of our members, our security measures and everything else he knows that the Nephandi might like, so he have been able to do quite a bit of damage."
Jeffry said angrily.
"I sympathize with him about his daughter but he should have come to us for help and not betrayed us, who knows how many will die due to Mr Bergen's treachery."
The Hermetic said and it was clear that if he had any say in Ulv Bergen's fate then the Cultist would not live long.

I trust he still is none too happy about being corporeally apprehended by a lowly Orphan?"

"I do not think Mr Bergen is happy about any part of his current situation Mr Wainwright, but yes I am sure it do not exactly improve on his mood."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Colin's eyes widened briefly, "Miss Alexander's hair? Shit... can we sever the sympathetic link from here?"
He frowned, "He's given away our security measures, too... That would explain a little more of how they managed to smuggle in the Avatar Feeder, too... Now, Mr. Danbrock is able to set up magic-dampening zones, with the caveat that they seem to vanish with the rising and setting of the sun. He's also expressed a willingness to help defend the Chantry - to protect his son, of course. We might be able to use that to establish kill zones; luring any attackers into essentially controllable locations from which they'll be able to cast spells, and in which we can more easily pick them off. We'll need an urgent revision of our defenses, as well... Might I suggest you stay behind and go over the security arrangements with the Deacons while we go to save Liv Bergen?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:06 pm

He absentmindedly adjusted the signet ring on his left hand, "Point of order, Sir - how far back do we start the outline of events, when we sum up the situation? For that matter, what IS the earliest point we know of of the chain of events?
"If we are thinking about the events in Chicago the earliest point we know of is the kidnapping of Liv Bergen. We should give an outline of the situation, what is needed for this mission."

"Bergen said that his daughter was taken about three weeks ago. He held out some hope and trust that he would get her back because it's the girl's mother, a fellow Hagalaz and a member of his mentor's cabal, though the woman has become a Nephandi since. There are likely to be traps, very deadly ones." He frowned. "He also said that there was something 'nasty' coming to attack us, 'soon', it would be good if we knew how soon. Anyway I don't want to tell the tale twice."

"Yes just let Narim know to go over Mr Bergen's computer and see what he can dig up." He said. "Very well you get the Euthanatoi and I will call Miss Adlebloom."

"I will." He headed out the door at a hurried pace and then upstairs to Narim's office and then Adjan's room.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Colin's eyes widened briefly, "Miss Alexander's hair? Shit... can we sever the sympathetic link from here?"

"We can try, I have done so with Miss Marcov's blood, it gets a bit tricky though so I will need to rest before attempting such a working."
Jeffry said and sigh, it smarted him to admit how tired he was, he looked like he had not slept for days, and his usually golden skin was pale.

He frowned, "He's given away our security measures, too... That would explain a little more of how they managed to smuggle in the Avatar Feeder, too... Now, Mr. Danbrock is able to set up magic-dampening zones, with the caveat that they seem to vanish with the rising and setting of the sun. He's also expressed a willingness to help defend the Chantry - to protect his son, of course. We might be able to use that to establish kill zones; luring any attackers into essentially controllable locations from which they'll be able to cast spells, and in which we can more easily pick them off. We'll need an urgent revision of our defenses, as well... Might I suggest you stay behind and go over the security arrangements with the Deacons while we go to save Liv Bergen?"

"That our security measures have been compromised do explain quite a few things Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and sipped his coffee.
"Yes we will need to set up some new arangements, however them knowing of our wards do not mean they can get past them in mass but yes we will need new wards and some backup plans."
He agreed.
"Hum...that is a pretty good idea, I will have to discuss that with Mr Danbrock and see if we can get his cooperation in that endeavor."
The old Hermetic seamed thoughtful for a moment then he said.
"It was never my intention to go to Chicago Mr Wainwright, I would like to help you out but I am Chief of Security of this Chantry I can not leave it during a crisis, I will do what I can to prepare you but then you are on your own unfortunately though I have every confidence you can pull it off."

"Bergen said that his daughter was taken about three weeks ago. He held out some hope and trust that he would get her back because it's the girl's mother, a fellow Hagalaz and a member of his mentor's cabal, though the woman has become a Nephandi since. There are likely to be traps, very deadly ones." He frowned.

"We need to take out that trap maker, the last thing we need is a rune mage bolstering the Nephandi's defenses, once we move on the Labyrinth she will be a prime target but yes Mr Bergen thought old alliances would save his child, however the Nephandi can never be trusted."
Jeffry said as he sat down in his chair with a sigh, trying to hide how tired he was.

"He also said that there was something 'nasty' coming to attack us, 'soon', it would be good if we knew how soon.

"I agree, for now though all we know is that the attack is coming, not when, though I would guess it would be today or early tomorrow considering that they are planning on doing their big ritual Sunday evening, we do not have allot of time to figure this out."

Anyway I don't want to tell the tale twice."

"Agreed, let us wait until the Euthanatoi and Miss Adlebloom gets here."
Your mentor agrees.

"I will." He headed out the door at a hurried pace and then upstairs to Narim's office and then Adjan's room.

You find Adjan and Francesca waiting in the hallways outside of the former's room. Francesca looked a bit pale and drawn but other than that she was her old self again wearing a little black ruffle dress and a black bonnet over her dark curls.
"Mr Roth Hicks, I hear you got me safely back to the Chantry after our fight with the Nephandi."
The female Euthanatos say and smile.
"Thank you."
She said but there was concern in her eyes as well, concern over whatever or not it was right of her to survive. Adjan give you a nod in greeting.
"Are the Chief ready for us?"
He asks, he was clearly ready to go and even had his coat ready folded over one arm so he would not have to go back to his room for it, the same had Mandis, and she also had a small bag with her in the shape of a black teddy bear wearing a pink ballet dress and a spike collar, what she had in her bag however was unclear.

(OOC: Yes indeed what do a Euthanatos have in her teddy bear bag? Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:46 pm

"We can try, I have done so with Miss Marcov's blood, it gets a bit tricky though so I will need to rest before attempting such a working."Jeffry said and sigh, it smarted him to admit how tired he was, he looked like he had not slept for days, and his usually golden skin was pale

Adley frowned, looking worried. They had so little time, who knew what they were doing with that hair but if they did it wrong, it could tip the situation with Liv, or even kill Bee. "We need to get you some rest, a time bubble, however you need it to happen...before this shit goes down. Bee's hair...who knows what they're going to do with it, but it could be for their upcoming attack, try to take her," he said, sounding like a protective older brother.

"Mr Roth Hicks, I hear you got me safely back to the Chantry after our fight with the Nephandi."The female Euthanatos say and smile. "Thank you." She said but there was concern in her eyes as well, concern over whatever or not it was right of her to survive. Adjan give you a nod in greeting.

"It was of course a joint effort Mrs Mandis, we have some skilled healers. I am glad to see you up and about. Please, you do not need to thank me; I wish you had not come to any harm." He felt a fresh pang of regret and guilt over the fact she'd nearly died, perhaps -should- have died and yet was thanking him. Her troubled expression didn't go unnoticed. But he couldn't let the guilt eat him up, control him, or there would be nothing left to move forward with for the rest of the ordeals they had to face together.

"Are the Chief ready for us?"

"Yes, the Chief is waiting in his office. I'm going to drop something off and then I will be right back down myself, you go on ahead please."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:11 pm

Adley frowned, looking worried. They had so little time, who knew what they were doing with that hair but if they did it wrong, it could tip the situation with Liv, or even kill Bee. "We need to get you some rest, a time bubble, however you need it to happen...before this shit goes down.

Jeffry sigh and nodded.
"Agreed, I will have to ask one of our members of study Ars Temporis for help as soon as we are done with this meeting."
He said, he did not like to put more strain on the few they had with enough power to make a time bubble but he also knew that he had tasks to do if he wanted to protect the Chantry and if an attack came he was the best offensive willworker they had.

Bee's hair...who knows what they're going to do with it, but it could be for their upcoming attack, try to take her," he said, sounding like a protective older brother.

"I do not know, in her present state she might not be much to sacrifice, it is a horrid thing to say but...well I am more concerned for her life right now than her capture, the Nephandi clearly want her and the other different widderslainte out of the way."
Jeffry said and he did sound concerned.
"Also when they have an arcane connection to someone inside of our wards then that is a backdoor in so we have to do something about it and soon, I am concerned about her reaction to another Hermetic doing magick on her though."
The old mage said then he shook his head.
"Be that as it may we need to destroy that arcane connection for the safety of both Miss Alexander and the rest of the Chantry."

"It was of course a joint effort Mrs Mandis, we have some skilled healers. I am glad to see you up and about. Please, you do not need to thank me; I wish you had not come to any harm."

"It is war Mr Roth Hicks and war have casualties, I hear we did prevent that shipment of tass from getting to the Nephandi though, so we won, my injury was worth it."
Francesca said and gave you a little smile though she still looked troubled and drawn.
"Indeed, no one can claim Master Nassa is not a most excellent healer."
She agreed though that to troubled her, perhaps he was to good being able to save even those who should have died.

"Yes, the Chief is waiting in his office. I'm going to drop something off and then I will be right back down myself, you go on ahead please."

"Very well, I will see you there then."
Adjan said and gave you a nod before he and Francesca headed for the security office.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:15 pm

Colin pondered, and nodded, "So that's why I would get killed without... hm... Of course the Nephandi would supplement the vampires' wards like that... As for Miss Alexander's hair - does it seem plausible that Master Nassa might be able to break the connection? If necessary by shaving the girl's head? That might be less frightening to her than you doing the work..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:39 pm

I am concerned about her reaction to another Hermetic doing magick on her though." The old mage said then he shook his head. "Be that as it may we need to destroy that arcane connection for the safety of both Miss Alexander and the rest of the Chantry."

"If I can be there, it might help. Perhaps I can assist," he suggested. "But yes, we can't let them have something like that..." He shook his head. Bergen had really done a number on them.

"It is war Mr Roth Hicks and war have casualties, I hear we did prevent that shipment of tass from getting to the Nephandi though, so we won, my injury was worth it." Francesca said and gave you a little smile though she still looked troubled and drawn...

He nodded, but added, "Yes, but we should keep our tongues quiet in open places. I know it is war," he said and shook his head. They had placed their trust in him, in each other. And in turn...but no, they had to keep going. "We should not keep the others waiting."

"Very well, I will see you there then." Adjan said and gave you a nod before he and Francesca headed for the security office.

He nodded to them both before hurrying to Narim's office and knocked on the door with less patience than normal. There was never enough time, he thought again with a frown. It was like the Nephandi were destroying it too, the clock always hovering a few moments away from their desired oblivion. He found the image of the March Hare and Mad Hatter popping into his mind while he waited for the door to open. Always six o'clock and no time to wash the dishes, perpetually tea-time...Time destroyed by an out of joint tune.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:42 pm

Colin:

Colin pondered, and nodded, "So that's why I would get killed without... hm... Of course the Nephandi would supplement the vampires' wards like that...

Jeffry glanced at the Orphan.
"I am afraid you lost me there Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"This have to do with your vision of the future."

As for Miss Alexander's hair - does it seem plausible that Master Nassa might be able to break the connection? If necessary by shaving the girl's head? That might be less frightening to her than you doing the work..."

"Possibly Master Nassa is skilled with Ars Vim, but what he can and can not do depend on his own Paradigm."
The old Hermetic said then he shook his head.
"Shaving Miss Alexander's head would do nothing, that would not change the fact that the Nephandi have hairs that have grown out of her body, her not having any other hair would not make a part of her body less of an Arcane connection. However if Master Nassa can do something about that connection that will probably frighten the girl far less than my rituals."

Adley:

"If I can be there, it might help. Perhaps I can assist," he suggested. "But yes, we can't let them have something like that..." He shook his head. Bergen had really done a number on them.

"You being there would probably help yes...I will have to talk with one of the students of Time, if I can rest enough to reliable work complicated magick before your team leave for Chicago you can be there and keep Miss Alexander calm, however we can not delay the team's departure for long."
He said.
"I could try to do it as I am but...while I hate to admit weakness I am not sure I could pull it off."
Jeffry said regretfully, he was angry with himself over just how much dealing with the Ball of Abysmal flame had worn him out.

He nodded, but added, "Yes, but we should keep our tongues quiet in open places. I know it is war," he said and shook his head. They had placed their trust in him, in each other. And in turn...but no, they had to keep going. "We should not keep the others waiting."

Francesca sigh sadly.
"So it have gotten to the point where we can not even speak openly withing the walls of Steelhaven?"
She asked then she nodded and let the matter drop.
"You are right, we should not keep the others waiting, I and Adjan will go down to the security office right now."

He nodded to them both before hurrying to Narim's office and knocked on the door with less patience than normal. There was never enough time, he thought again with a frown.

Narim opened to door to his office and gave you a smile though he must have seen how much in a hurry you where for he dispersed with any pleasantries and simply said.
"Hello...what can I do for you Adley?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Colin nodded, "The vision, yes... A forewarning, if you will. Keeping that time loop stable is looking harder and more outrageous, yet I need to do what I can. Surviving the next few days by acting on that information would seem to be a good idea... I'll explain in more detail once the others arrive. They very much deserve to know what seems liable to happen."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:21 pm

"Hum...what information is it that you have gotten Mr Wainwright or do you want to wait until the rest of the Chicago team have arrived so you do not need tell the story twice?"
Jeffry asked.
"I agree this could be quite relevant for the others as well."
The old Hermetic agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:41 pm

Colin nodded, "I'll wait for the others."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:50 am

Jeffry nodded, he leaned back in his chair and used the few moments before anyone else arrived to rest for a few moments. After about two minutes though there was a knock on the door and Jeffty slowly stood and went to open it and let in Freddy. The Virtual Adept have you a warm smile then she said.
"Hello Colin...Master Morgan..."
The old Hermetic gave a slight smile.
"Miss Adlebloom, please come in." He said and showed her to a chair. Freddy was dressed in black pants with three large pockets down each leg, a neon green top and black leather jacket and she had taken the ribbon from the flowers you had given her and cut in half and up each half as a bow to decorate each of her cyber dread pigtails.

While Freddy was still sitting down a second knock on the door was heard and this time it was Adjan and Francesca. Jeffry let the two Euthanatoi in then he said.
"It is good to see you up and about Miss Mandis."
Francesca smiled.
"Thank you Master Morgan."
She said, though she still looked a little pale and she had a troubled look in her dark eyes. Both the death mages gave Colin polite nods in greeting as they entered the office and Adjan indicated the remaining chair for Francesca, with the six of you in the tiny office it was getting pretty crowded. Jeffry went to sit down behind his desk again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:59 am

Friday:

People don't belive. Come on, i think you have enough to worry about for now. It has a reason, but it's something you don't need to worry about now. You simply keep hidden that we are mages, where are we going and what you are. he wanted to save her the fear of the Technocracy, at least for now.

"Hum the form her Avatar show itself to her?"
Jeffry asked you.
"An animal spirit, most interesting."

I Sung her song, and i summoned it with the smoke and fire from within. It has the form of a black dog, a song pure and strong, almost wild. BOuntyful as and old earth spirit. Tane explained to her.

Saturday:

Ok, wait, ¿what's a Mercere? And what form does it take this creature? What kind of monster can eat avatars? He said, and he was angry with this asshole Tell me the traitor was Caught
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:38 am

Friday:

People don't belive. Come on, i think you have enough to worry about for now. It has a reason, but it's something you don't need to worry about now. You simply keep hidden that we are mages, where are we going and what you are. he wanted to save her the fear of the Technocracy, at least for now.

Lily sigh and shook her head.
"Ah so there are something terrible there you do not want to tell me?"
She said.
"For it really do not make sense, even with this Paradox thingy someone should have noticed a bunch a super powered folks running around, so what are the real reason Tane, we might as well get it out into the open."
The girl said sternly.

I Sung her song, and i summoned it with the smoke and fire from within. It has the form of a black dog, a song pure and strong, almost wild. BOuntyful as and old earth spirit. Tane explained to her.

Lily smiles at what you where saying.
"I have been seeing that black dog watching over me when I sleep or out of the corner of my eye at times."
She said. Jeffry nodded he found pen and paper then asked.
"Miss Gray was it? Would you mind if I had a look at this soul of yours, I assure you it will cause you no harm."
He said and Lily nodded though she looked a bit skeptically.
"I guess so, but it feels kind of private."
The old Hermetic nodded.
"I understand Miss Gray and I apologize but right now it is necessary."
Lily nodded.
"Ok so what do I do?"
Jeffry smiled.
"Nothing young lady just sit there and try to relax."
He said before he begun to make complex meteorological calculations on the paper, once done he nodded.
"Yes indeed beautiful, very strong, willful and completely clean. I am having a trouble determining if it is Dynamic or Primordial though but that really do not matter."
The old mage said and Lily turned to Tane.
"Dynamic? Primordial? What is that?"
She asked.

Saturday:

Ok, wait, ¿what's a Mercere?

"They are a Hermetic House, a few of them are mages but most of them are not. Mercere was one of the twelve original Hermetic founders, a powerful Cabalist but he lost his Avatar in an magickal accident and decided to continue to be a use to the fledgling Order of Hermes by serving as a messenger, a function the House still have to this day. In Mercere's honor his House begun accepting non magi members and so they remain to this day. About ten percent of them are Awakened or hedge wizards the rest is made up of Hermetic apprentices that never made it past their first degree who serve the Mercere rather than going back to their mundane lives, mundanes who get involved in mage society and want to help out and so on, but again in honor of their Founder the Mercere have always also taken in those who like him have lost their Gift and who want to try to survive...
Amadeus explained softly.
"Our two guests that was attacked are walking the Founder's path so to speak and one of them are the girl that they say managed to clean her Avatar before...well...she might be Beatrice's only hope."
The old Verbena added in a serious tone of voice.

And what form does it take this creature?

"You really do not want to know Mr Karyak, it is dead now thankfully."

What kind of monster can eat avatars?

"There are an island of these monstrosities up on Horizon, they consume Avatars and excrete tass. There was a scandal in the 1980's when several Tradition mages was found guilty of having kidnapped Orphans when fed them to these creatures to collect the tass from their souls. One of our Mercere guests Micah Gregario are the sole survivor of that travesty, his Avatar consumed he managed to swim across from the monstrosities' island to the mainland and alert the Traditions to what was going on, it is thanks to him the guilty was punished and the horrible crimes stopped but you can imagine that seeing such a creature again have had quite an effect on the poor man, and the problem is he is the girl who cleansed herself's mentor and without him she is not likely to survive for long."
Amadeus said in a grave tone of voice.

He said, and he was angry with this asshole Tell me the traitor was Caught

Master Nassa's eyes grew dark as he thought of Ulv Bergen's treachery.
"Yes he was caught and he will pay."
He said as a matter of fact.
"But due to this and due to him trying to get vampire blood from our guest, something one of our hedge wizards, Henrietta Day stopped to use on Beatrice if the monster failed in it's task."
The Verbena said as he shook in anger.
"We have been forced to increase security around those who was attacked."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:46 am

"You being there would probably help yes...I will have to talk with one of the students of Time, if I can rest enough to reliable work complicated magick before your team leave for Chicago you can be there and keep Miss Alexander calm, however we can not delay the team's departure for long." He said. "I could try to do it as I am but...while I hate to admit weakness I am not sure I could pull it off."

"I don't see any weakness in being exhausted after what happened earlier today. Yes, let's see what can be done...I'm wary that if we do it wrong, it might tip off those that made the spell, harm Bee or Liv."

Francesca sigh sadly. "So it have gotten to the point where we can not even speak openly withing the walls of Steelhaven?" She asked then she nodded and let the matter drop. "You are right, we should not keep the others waiting, I and Adjan will go down to the security office right now."

He didn't need to make a reply to Francesca but his face showed his displeasure at the fact that their home was not as safe as he wanted it to be, as he felt it should be. When she said she was ready to depart, he added, "Thank you." But he was thanking her for more than her current understanding.

Narim opened to door to his office and gave you a smile though he must have seen how much in a hurry you where for he dispersed with any pleasantries and simply said. "Hello...what can I do for you Adley?

"Can I come in for one moment?" he said with an apologetic look at him, digging out his notebook and a pen as if he literally meant one minute. He waited just long enough to be allowed in, writing the phone numbers down again for him along with an explanation. "I'm sorry about coming to your door with nothing but bad news or requests...I keep hoping next time, it's to continue all our half-started conversations, or to ask you to brunch..." he said, as he wrote. "I hope you are alright...you can tell us, me, if you're not. If we're asking too much...it's hard to tell sometimes, when there's so much that needs to be done." He sounded worried, a bit oblivious to his own state, a kind of tired agitation and restlessness coupled with the desire to protect them all, despite what Connie had said. Or because of it. "And yes I realise the irony of saying that..."

'We recovered these numbers from Bergen. Abigail G., in Chicago, from your recording. She has Bergen's child Liv hostage on trade to vampires. And Bergen's old cabal mate, the mother of his child, Solveig Brønnerud, respectively. The latter is a barrabus, but was a Hagalaz trapmaker like Bergen, now with Larson. Bergen said he overheard a conversation between Larson and Abigail over Skype last Fri but wiped all the files on his phone/computer. Be careful but if you think you can, see if you can pull something useful from these or his computer without tipping them off. We are trying to figure out what to do. Destroy this note when you are done with it. Thank you.'

He read over what he'd written to make sure it was in order and then said, "Got to go, let us know if you find or need anything, questions... I'm sure there will be more updates coming," he said offering the folded note out to him. He put everything away again, ready to run back downstairs. Soon...when the hell was soon...he hoped that it was not too soon and that they were not too late.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:13 am

"I don't see any weakness in being exhausted after what happened earlier today. Yes, let's see what can be done...I'm wary that if we do it wrong, it might tip off those that made the spell, harm Bee or Liv."

"I guess you are right, but it is still irritating I need to keep going not rest right now there are far to much that needs to be done."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Yes it would have to be done carefully, the arcane connection broken but not in a way that those who have that hair would feel, it will not be a easy working to do."
The old Hermetic confirmed.

He didn't need to make a reply to Francesca but his face showed his displeasure at the fact that their home was not as safe as he wanted it to be, as he felt it should be. When she said she was ready to depart, he added, "Thank you." But he was thanking her for more than her current understanding.

Francesca nodded, there was nothing more for her to say but she acknowledged the meaning behind your words with a nod of her head before she went with Adjan down to Chief Morgan's office.

"Can I come in for one moment?" he said with an apologetic look at him, digging out his notebook and a pen as if he literally meant one minute. He waited just long enough to be allowed in, writing the phone numbers down again for him along with an explanation.

"Yes...yes off course."
Narim said and stepped to the side so you could enter his office.

He waited just long enough to be allowed in, writing the phone numbers down again for him along with an explanation. "I'm sorry about coming to your door with nothing but bad news or requests...I keep hoping next time, it's to continue all our half-started conversations, or to ask you to brunch..."

"Times are what they are and we all must do our part."
Narim said and smiled.
"And I would like to continue those conversations over a nice cup of tea once things calm down."

he said, as he wrote. "I hope you are alright...you can tell us, me, if you're not. If we're asking too much...it's hard to tell sometimes, when there's so much that needs to be done." He sounded worried, a bit oblivious to his own state, a kind of tired agitation and restlessness coupled with the desire to protect them all, despite what Connie had said. Or because of it. "And yes I realise the irony of saying that..."

"I am tired Adley, so are we all, and I am afraid of what will happen if we can not manage to stop the Nephandi...not so much for myself but for everyone else."
Narim admitted.
"But I am no more tired than you, and right now we all just need to keep going and keep everyone safe and if my mentor managed to lead a strike team that delivered a decisive blow against MECHA and saved many of the Union's prisoners at seventeen years old, I can help out from the comfort of my own office."
The Virtual Adept said with a thin smile.
"But how are you holding up Adley?"
He asked in a concerned tone of voice.

'We recovered these numbers from Bergen. Abigail G., in Chicago, from your recording. She has Bergen's child Liv hostage on trade to vampires. And Bergen's old cabal mate, the mother of his child, Solveig Brønnerud, respectively. The latter is a barrabus, but was a Hagalaz trapmaker like Bergen, now with Larson.

The Virtual Adept took the note then replied in a precise, quite beautiful handwriting:
"Hum...Hagalaz that are the Norse rune mages are they not? The trap makers that are technically Cultists of Ecstasy but who are more a Craft than anything else, Lisa Larson having one of those are quite troublesome."
Narim said.
"I assume you want me to see what I can find out about these numbers.
"

Bergen said he overheard a conversation between Larson and Abigail over Skype last Fri but wiped all the files on his phone/computer. Be careful but if you think you can, see if you can pull something useful from these or his computer without tipping them off. We are trying to figure out what to do. Destroy this note when you are done with it. Thank you.'

"Just deleting files is not enough I should be able to find something. I will get right on it and ten let you know what I find."
One he was done writing and had shown you the note the Virtual Adept went to a shelf and found a lighter and burned the piece of paper over a glass bowl.

"Got to go, let us know if you find or need anything, questions... I'm sure there will be more updates coming," he said offering the folded note out to him. He put everything away again, ready to run back downstairs. Soon...when the hell was soon...he hoped that it was not too soon and that they were not too late.

"I will take care of it right away.
Narim said then he nodded.
"Thank you for the updates Adley and take care, I know you have to go now to do what have to be done, your House always do, but be careful, I would hate for anything to happen to you before we can have that talk over tea."
The young Master of the Art said with a smile.
"And good luck with whatever it is you are off to do now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:34 am

"I am tired Adley, so are we all, and I am afraid of what will happen if we can not manage to stop the Nephandi...not so much for myself but for everyone else." Narim admitted. "But I am no more tired than you, and right now we all just need to keep going and keep everyone safe and if my mentor managed to lead a strike team that delivered a decisive blow against MECHA and saved many of the Union's prisoners at seventeen years old, I can help out from the comfort of my own office...."But how are you holding up Adley?" He asked in a concerned tone of voice.

"I'm concerned about all the paradox also. Me?Things keep happening, piling up like dirty heirloom dishes except they are people's lives and well-being that I care about and I can only wash so much at any given time and then I find I missed a spot or cracked or broke one. And I keep finding things out, dishes hidden in cabinets I didn't know were there, a whole cabinet with every dish ever made, finding some that weren't done properly from a thousand years ago that I cannot fix. But like you said, we have to do what we have to do, and as long as I can get up and keep going I will."

Hum...Hagalaz that are the Norse rune mages are they not? The trap makers that are technically Cultists of Ecstasy but who are more a Craft than anything else, Lisa Larson having one of those are quite troublesome." Narim said."I assume you want me to see what I can find out about these numbers."

Adley nodded at his questions and then pointed from the word for Hagalaz to Bergen as well, warning him to watch out for traps. Then added a line to the bottom, 'Something nasty is coming soon to attack us but we're not sure when. Be on the lookout.'

"I will take care of it right away. Narim said then he nodded. "Thank you for the updates Adley and take care, I know you have to go now to do what have to be done, your House always do, but be careful, I would hate for anything to happen to you before we can have that talk over tea." The young Master of the Art said with a smile. "And good luck with whatever it is you are off to do now.

"We'll fill you in as soon as possible unless you find us first. And same to you...be careful and good luck, Narim." He turned and took the stairs at pace, trying to get back to the Security office quickly.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:13 am

"I'm concerned about all the paradox also.

"Well there have not been witnesses and I have not messed up the rotes so then opening portals is not to bad but there are some Paradox of course."
Narim said and sigh he touched the marks from the Paradox spirit's nails on the sides of his head for a moment absentmindedly, it was clear he to was worried about Paradox that spirit had scared him quite badly.

Me?Things keep happening, piling up like dirty heirloom dishes except they are people's lives and well-being that I care about and I can only wash so much at any given time and then I find I missed a spot or cracked or broke one. And I keep finding things out, dishes hidden in cabinets I didn't know were there, a whole cabinet with every dish ever made, finding some that weren't done properly from a thousand years ago that I cannot fix. But like you said, we have to do what we have to do, and as long as I can get up and keep going I will."

The Virtual Adept just nodded he looked for a moment like if he would want to put a hand on your shoulder just to give support but he remembers that you had never been one for much physical contact and touching people so he let his hand drop.
"Well tomorrow it is over one way or the other."
Narim said and sigh.
"Let us just hope that it will end in victory so we can rest and let our wounded, no matter where their wound are mend."

Adley nodded at his questions and then pointed from the word for Hagalaz to Bergen as well, warning him to watch out for traps. Then added a line to the bottom, 'Something nasty is coming soon to attack us but we're not sure when. Be on the lookout.'

Narim nodded at the warnings he did not look pleased to learn about an attack on the Chantry but he nodded he would stay alert.

"We'll fill you in as soon as possible unless you find us first. And same to you...be careful and good luck, Narim." He turned and took the stairs at pace, trying to get back to the Security office quickly.

The Virtual Adept gave you and encouraging smile as you left. You get back to the security office and find it quite crowded with the two Euthanatoi and Freddy having arrived. Your mentor looks up when you comes through the door.
"Good now we are all here, let us get started."
He said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:32 am

Colin smiled as Freddy arrived, "Hello, dear."
He nodded to Adjan and Francesca. "Mr. Terach, Miss Mandis."
As Adley returned, he gave yet another nod, and turned to Morgan, "So... who begins? You have the Union data I bartered out; I never had the time to study it in detail..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:57 am

Freddy gave you another big smile. The Euthanatos nodded to you as they settled down.

Jeffry nodded he leaned back in his chair.
"Much of what was found in that rapport for the mostly just supported what we have found out from other sources as well, it is always nice to have confirmation though. Basically what the rapport said in short was that the Union suspect that there are a Node in the Sears Tower and that the Nephandi have control over it and are cooperating with vampires."
The old mage begun.
"The Union also suspect that there are two Labyrinths in Chicago, and that they are at odds, one of these Labyrinths are associated with someone called the Jade Demon that seam to be on the Technocracy's hit list. There are also some rapports on clashes between the Union and the Fallen and notes that they fear that the Nephandi are getting more powerful in the city."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:21 am

Colin pondered momentarily, "So, from the top, then... Liv Bergen, daughter of Ulv Bergen, has been abducted from her Mentor, and is held hostage in Chicago, as leverage against Ulv Bergen, and as a gift to a high-ranking vampire there... We know where she is held, and we essentially have until sunset to get her out with the least amount of fuss. Luckily, Chicago is somewhat after Boston, giving us roughly one extra hour, give or take... The apartment where she is held is likely warded by Tremere vampires and by Liv Bergen's mother, who for unknown reasons decided to join the Nephandi instead. Those wards are bound to be lethal, if the wards on Ulv Bergen's windows are to be considered an indicator. Is that about right so far?"

((OOC: Hard to say how much I can post this weekend; hurricane in the area, so there's a chance power goes buh-bye...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next