Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 16 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:38 pm

"You should stay back Dr Lee, I know you can fight and if need be off course help defend the rest, but you are our best healer, if you get hurt anyone else who is injured is out of luck."
Adjan said and looked at the young Akashic.
"We need you alive and well and able to heal others."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 16 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Ashan101 Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:46 pm

"i will be fine Smile " Says Richard.... and stays at the back

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Colin glanced up at Freddy as she mentioned permanent scars, and scratched absentmindedly at his own face.
He smoothly fixed his Prime-aligned monocle into his eye socket, and mumbled a quick incantation, "Præcantatio conspecti."
He looked up at the Mr. Kimble, "I'm sorry, just a simple way of augmenting my sight - my monocle now renders the presence of, ah, deviancy visible; I should be well able to spot the wards from a distance if they extend outside the apartment. A simpler variant of your own scanning suite, I expect."

((OOC: Arete roll: 5, 8, 9 for a simple Watch the Weaving. That shouldn't trigger the wards, in any case, but should show where the edges of them run, if outside the walls...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:02 pm

"i will be fine Smile " Says Richard.... and stays at the back

Adjan nods he gave the healer a bit of a smile.
"Good."
He he simply said.

Colin glanced up at Freddy as she mentioned permanent scars, and scratched absentmindedly at his own face.

Freddy gave Colin a bit of an apologetic look if her words had given him any painful reminders, the point still stood though, they where creatures of will and mind, and when one's thoughts hung onto a memory or a injury and made it a part of one's pattern then affect it was much harder, when it became a part of your true form.

He smoothly fixed his Prime-aligned monocle into his eye socket, and mumbled a quick incantation, "Præcantatio conspecti."
He looked up at the Mr. Kimble, "I'm sorry, just a simple way of augmenting my sight - my monocle now renders the presence of, ah, deviancy visible; I should be well able to spot the wards from a distance if they extend outside the apartment. A simpler variant of your own scanning suite, I expect."

You fiddle with your monocle and chant your incantation, when you then look around you see the colorful threads of magick around Freddy's phone, her weaving was precise and delicate and there was allot of them, all the rotes she had prepared and stored as apps on her phone. Around Francesca there was the black, shimmering thread of Entropy, the rote she had made but not yet finished to make the eyes of others accidentally avoid her, the glowing, beautiful lines and threads of Primal forces could be seen around Adley, at least you knew your rote was working.

Mr Kimble as you had named the cyborg nodded.
"It would appear to be similar to my scanners yes."
He said, he to had lines and threads around him, but his was even more severe and precise than Freddy's and they where silver and gray like the metal inside of him.
"Well it seam that for now such deviancy is something I have to get used to."
The cyborg said and sigh.
"Well anyway I am ready, I will back up the theme accosting the Nephandi if they flee out of the vampire's apartment, understood."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:12 pm

"I mean I grew up with old horror movies and some of the weaknesses of mages in those are pretty bad, and then I meet people like Ra...well you know who I am talking about." She said suddenly deciding that the names she had already spoken in front of the cyborg might be something that could be used against their allies. "Anyway and she have those weaknesses so you got of easy..."I mean I grew up with old horror movies and some of the weaknesses of mages in those are pretty bad, and then I meet people like Ra...well you know who I am talking about."She said suddenly deciding that the names she had already spoken in front of the cyborg might be something that could be used against their allies."Anyway and she have those weaknesses so you got of easy."

"I do not consider it an injury but as you said part of what I am. It could have manifested in a more difficult to deal with manner I admit. At any rate, it appears that we will not need to be too concerned with proximity," he said, wishing to move on from talking about what others might see or exploit as a weakness.

"I doubt the Aegis expands beyond the apartment simply because there are so many lesser supernaturals out there that really know nothing about our society or anything else and an Aegis will push back anything with a hint of magick, so all you would need is for one of the construction workers to have a hint of psychic ability, be Wiccan or an lesser hedge wizard of some sort or for a curious tenant that likes to lay Tarot cards to get a bit to close and you would be in trouble." Freddy said. "That is the down side of an Aegis, at the Chantry I was trained in we once had it go of when we had Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on our door, turns out one of them had psychic flashes in her dreams and that was enough, it created quite a mess."

"True, though this might not be a permanent fixture. And if it were affecting the whole building we would have already had issues with it," he agreed.

"Well if we are worried about sound carrying to the vampire's apartment going up to the third floor but staying some distance from it should get us close enough to work our rote and at the same time being far enough away to not be affected by their wards, we have to keep in mind Nicolai's own ward as well after all."Adjan said."No need to take chances when we do not have to."

"Agreed."

"We should probably go and get going with the working though and let Miss Adlebloom work on the pipes."
He said.

"Yes, we should get started."

"So when we are done we move down the floors and try to assist the others in taking down the Nephandi and their allies?"

"We will try to provide backup support as needed. Liv is the primary objective here, to get her to safety, so what we do depends if she is with us or with others. But if there are people trying to stop us then we may have little choice but to engage."

// Hope you are feeling better Warp!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:20 pm

"I do not consider it an injury but as you said part of what I am. It could have manifested in a more difficult to deal with manner I admit. At any rate, it appears that we will not need to be too concerned with proximity," he said, wishing to move on from talking about what others might see or exploit as a weakness.

Freddy nodded then she smiles.
"Well then we do not need to worry about it if you and Adjan have found another solution."
She said nothing more about it though perhaps sensing the Hermetic's reluctance.

"True, though this might not be a permanent fixture. And if it were affecting the whole building we would have already had issues with it," he agreed.

"Not permanent no, but while it is up you do not want to explain to someone just what just happened to their dear old Tarot reading grand aunt."
Freddy muttered.

"Yes, we should get started."

Adjan nodded as there was little else to say he begun walking towards the door.
"Thank you for your hospitality Mr Kimble."
He said to the Cyborg before he left.

"We will try to provide backup support as needed. Liv is the primary objective here, to get her to safety, so what we do depends if she is with us or with others. But if there are people trying to stop us then we may have little choice but to engage."

Adjan nodded to that.
"Agreed."
He said simply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:36 am

Colin casually double-checked his pistol again, and gave Adley a hint of a grin, "Well, your lack of indoor voice is hardly a genuine problem, unless you happen to be trying to use a library or a confessional booth, is it? Sort of our own miniature Brian Blessed."
He rose from the chair and returned the pistol to the shoulder holster, "Right, then, I believe we are all set. Shall we go?"

((OOC: I seem to be surviving. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:45 am

He rose from the chair and returned the pistol to the shoulder holster, "Right, then, I believe we are all set. Shall we go?"

Freddy rose she took the chemicals that the Cyborg had collected from his kitchen and bath room and put them in her bag.
"Alright then I will be headed to the floor above Nicolai's apartment as well and work on blocking the drains and getting the chemicals ready, it will take me ten minutes or there about."
She said then she asked Adley before he and Adjan left.
"Ten minutes will that give you guys enough time?"

Kimble nodded.
"Very well then the rest of us should find a hiding place near the blasted vampire's apartment and get ready to act once they rush out of that apartment."
He said. Francesca also checked her gun and nodded.
"Yeah I am ready we should get going."
Kimble and Francesca started to head for the door as well.
"Stairs or the elevator? There are a few stairs to get to where we are going."
The cyborg asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:46 pm

"Not permanent no, but while it is up you do not want to explain to someone just what just happened to their dear old Tarot reading grand aunt." Freddy muttered

"No, not with the Technocrats next door," he agreed.

Colin casually double-checked his pistol again, and gave Adley a hint of a grin, "Well, your lack of indoor voice is hardly a genuine problem, unless you happen to be trying to use a library or a confessional booth, is it? Sort of our own miniature Brian Blessed."

"Not Catholic...anymore. Are you sure you didn't need any of this tass, Colin for what you're thinking to do?" he said, double checking as he got ready to leave.

"Alright then I will be headed to the floor above Nicolai's apartment as well and work on blocking the drains and getting the chemicals ready, it will take me ten minutes or there about." She said then she asked Adley before he and Adjan left. "Ten minutes will that give you guys enough time?"

"It rather depends. The longer and more successful the ritual of course the stronger the effect can be up to a point, but that does seem a reasonable amount of time."

"Stairs or the elevator? There are a few stairs to get to where we are going." The cyborg asked.

"Stairs would mean about ten floors climb," he said. "I generally would say use them to make sure they are clear but if you think it would tire us out needlessly..."

Adjan nodded as there was little else to say he begun walking towards the door. "Thank you for your hospitality Mr Kimble." He said to the Cyborg before he left.

"Yes. Thank you for your assistance," he added.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:59 pm

"No, not with the Technocrats next door," he agreed.

"No that could get awkward."
Freddy said and grinned.

"It rather depends. The longer and more successful the ritual of course the stronger the effect can be up to a point, but that does seem a reasonable amount of time."

"I can give you more time if you need it off course."
Freddy said.
"If not then I will just get to work and it will be just about ten minutes until I release the gas. Unless you want to set up your rote first and then give me a call when you are ready and I can just get the pipes blocked and hold of on releasing the gas until I get the signal from you and Adjan."

"Stairs would mean about ten floors climb," he said. "I generally would say use them to make sure they are clear but if you think it would tire us out needlessly..."

"I do not know how your constitution is Traditionalist, but I would think most of you will be able to ascend then stairs and still be fit for a fight, but off course it will take longer than using the elevators."

"Yes. Thank you for your assistance," he added.

Kimble grunted.
"It is not for you, it is for the girl, I do not care one way or another about you and your group, I left the Union but that do not mean I like Deviants but a small child do not deserve to suffer caught up in our wars."
He said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Colin nodded, "I have some in my system, and my little trick bases itself on siphoning off quintessence from something external - there should be more than enough."

He scratched his chin - "I think the stairs might be preferable. If they've set up some alarm system to signal them if someone Awakened comes along, we'll have no chance to catch it in time in a moving elevator. In the stairwell, we'll have a chance to spot it before crossing it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:21 pm

"Hum...setting up a ward that will give us prior notice if another mage comes up the stairs should not be to hard Mr Wainwright."
Adjan agreed.
"It need only be something the one who have performed the rote feels if someone where to cross their ward, hopefully the ones potentially heading towards us would not notice, off course they could be taking the elevator which make such a warning rote null and void unless we ward that as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:28 pm

"I can give you more time if you need it off course." Freddy said. "If not then I will just get to work and it will be just about ten minutes until I release the gas. Unless you want to set up your rote first and then give me a call when you are ready and I can just get the pipes blocked and hold of on releasing the gas until I get the signal from you and Adjan."

"Well, if we're in the same vicinity as you are then we can let you know. But let's say ten minutes, it's not as if we have all day but we want to make a good effort here."

Colin nodded, "I have some in my system, and my little trick bases itself on siphoning off quintessence from something external - there should be more than enough."

"Very well then."

"I do not know how your constitution is Traditionalist, but I would think most of you will be able to ascend then stairs and still be fit for a fight, but off course it will take longer than using the elevators."

He gave him a wry smile. "I can do ten flights of stairs, yes. Cardio is a very important part of being a magus."  

Kimble grunted. "It is not for you, it is for the girl, I do not care one way or another about you and your group, I left the Union but that do not mean I like Deviants but a small child do not deserve to suffer caught up in our wars." He said.

Unpeterbed, he said, "I don't need it to be for me to thank you."

He scratched his chin - "I think the stairs might be preferable. If they've set up some alarm system to signal them if someone Awakened comes along, we'll have no chance to catch it in time in a moving elevator. In the stairwell, we'll have a chance to spot it before crossing it."

"Good point. I'll put up a prime scan as well then while we're in here, since we'll be parting ways."

// Just fyi, I'm trying to finish up a bit of remodeling which of course has turned from a small weekend project into an annoying non-simple project. I'll be a bit spotty today until I finish it (and I hope I finish it before the Walking Dead airs lol).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:53 pm

"Well, if we're in the same vicinity as you are then we can let you know. But let's say ten minutes, it's not as if we have all day but we want to make a good effort here."

Freddy nodded.
"Very well."
She said.

He gave him a wry smile. "I can do ten flights of stairs, yes. Cardio is a very important part of being a magus."

"I think someone forgot to tell some of the old geezers up in Horizon that."
Freddy commented wryly. The Cyborg just nodded.
"Very well then the stairs is safer, we should get going."

Unpeterbed, he said, "I don't need it to be for me to thank you."

The cyborg just grunted at that.

"Good point. I'll put up a prime scan as well then while we're in here, since we'll be parting ways."

Adjan halted his hand on the door handle.
"Very well."
He said and paused as everyone was getting ready to head out.
"Then I guess we will go out of the apartment first so you have a chance to set up your rote. I will meet you right outside and then we head to the floor above the vampire's apartment."
He said before he opened the door and left, followed by Freddy, the two Euthanatoi and the cyborg.

(OOC: Not to worry the game is not running away just post when you have the time. Though if the game suddenly became a physical entity and did run away that would be quite interesting. Razz Oh Walking Dead, got to love some zombies.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Freddy nodded. "Very well." She said.

"If something occurs between then and now then we'll have to contact you. But ten minutes from us getting up eleven flights."

"Then I guess we will go out of the apartment first so you have a chance to set up your rote. I will meet you right outside and then we head to the floor above the vampire's apartment." He said before he opened the door and left, followed by Freddy, the two Euthanatoi and the cyborg.

He put up the prime scan rote to use for scanning over for traps or magick and headed out the door to meet up with Adjan. He nodded to him but didn't linger, wanting to make up any time they'd lost, an alert expression on his face.

//P1, Arete: 2,8

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:56 pm

"If something occurs between then and now then we'll have to contact you. But ten minutes from us getting up eleven flights."

The Virtual Adept nodded.
"Very well, ten minutes from getting to the correct floor, you got it."

He put up the prime scan rote to use for scanning over for traps or magick and headed out the door to meet up with Adjan. He nodded to him but didn't linger, wanting to make up any time they'd lost, an alert expression on his face.

Your rote takes shape and forms reality by your will, through the subtler layers of existence you would feel the presence of magick, though not strongly so, the rote take effect but just barely, even so it will do it's job.

Adjan gave you a nod then he, you and Freddy headed for the stairs. The young Virtual Adept was probably the one among the trio of mages who was is the worst physical shape and she would probably get up the ten flights of stairs slower then Adjan and Adley, however that just gave the two of them a bit more time for their ritual.

As you move up through the floors the building looks less and less finished, the contractors had sold apartments on the lower floors to cover the cost of finishing the building so as you reach the tenth floor not all the paint job on the walls was done, on the eleventh there where even work left to do, reaching Nicolai's floor it truly was only one apartment that was finished, and out in the hallway there where no paint on the walls and no lining on the floor as you ascend one more set of stairs you get to a floor where most of the unfinished apartments do not even have doors and the smell of freshly cut materials, metal and solvents, the smell that fill newly constructed buildings fill your nostrils. Adjan looks around then nods.
"We should find a proper spot for the ritual and get to work."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:10 pm

When they get to the floor... I want to do a life2/prime2 scan on the apartment area to determine where the girl is (roll 10 - 9 - 1) to also determine where they are.... wish to keep it up to see where they go

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:20 pm

You do your rote trying to feel life patterns, but there is nothing, it is as if at the edge of the apartment it is nothing, your magick just do not work to see anything inside of Nicolai's flat, this is probably the Aegis stopping all magick trying to penetrate into the apartment itself, luckily nothing else seams to happen, no one comes out of the apartment with weapons aiming to take you out and no effects manifest so it do not seam that the Aegis retorts to an attempt to probe inside with anything aggressive and hopefully no one inside noticed the attempt either.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:25 pm

Colin nodded, "Here we come to save the day... I'll prepare my, hm, tap and shield on the way up."

Colin concentrated on the way up the stairs, lips barely moving as he opened a tiny pocket of unreality in the signet ring, readying it to unfold into a large shield about an inch in front of the ring's face plate, holding it back to release it once the vampiric ward was tripped...

((OOC: Arete rolls on the way up - 3, 3, 0 - 3, 9, 0 - 3, 4, 0 - 2, 4, 6 - 2, 3, 8 - 3, 5, 0... I think that should be enough, taking it slow. Should suffice to get a goodly drain AND a decent shield, all at once...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:15 am

You work on your rote and prepare it, the cyborg and Francesca walks just behind you up the stairs. Once you reach Nicolai's floor you think your rote is complete, it feels that way that all you need do now is finish it and it will be ready to cast and should work quite well.

"Which apartment is it? We should find a nearby one and hide until the others are done with their parts."
Kimble said. Francesca pointed to one apartment furthest down the hall.
"That one there..."
She said and the cyborg nodded.
"That apartment over there then have it in clear line of sight while not being to close to it, I will break down the door."
Francesca shook her head.
"No wait, I think there is a good chance that my door key is the same as the one to that apartment."
She said and fished her bone rattle out of her teddy bear again and begun to gently shake it over her apartment keys.
"Do anyone have any objections to hiding in number 15 until our foes hopefully rush out of their well warded hiding place?"
Francesca said when she was done and put her bone away again.
"If not let us see if we are lucky with my apartment key."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:44 am

"By all means" Says richard

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:17 am

Friday:

The war is over, but we are not. That's a relief. We got technomancers, those are Virtual Adepts such as our Master Narim, and Sons of Aether as my teacher, so they might be the key to mesh both into one corpus that can bring magick to life again. The duty of all the others is to give them time and learn from them. So we do. he said. It was not much, and he was bargaining a lot, but... technomancers might be the answer after all.

Ryan gave a grin at that.
"I think perhaps Master Morgan would have a fit if you filled the Chantry with weresharks."

I think he would put them to guard the doors in their fighting shape. he gambled.

"Oh are you sure you would want young, innocent girls know about the Cult of Extasy?"

I have the Flower of Innocence in front of my eyes and you are modeling her not so bad. How bad can it be?

So, She's comming? Ok, i wanted her to talk Lily about her tradition too so, if you see her, tell her to seek me when she has the time.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:59 am

Richard:

Francesca nods and give you a bit of a smile then she walks over to the apartment she had selected and put her own key in the lock and turn it, but some odd twist of fate her apartment key fits and the door slide open, releasing even more of the freshly cut materials and dust smell that are so common in new buildings.

Tane:

The war is over, but we are not. That's a relief. We got technomancers, those are Virtual Adepts such as our Master Narim, and Sons of Aether as my teacher, so they might be the key to mesh both into one corpus that can bring magick to life again. The duty of all the others is to give them time and learn from them. So we do. he said. It was not much, and he was bargaining a lot, but... technomancers might be the answer after all.

Lily nodded she gave a bit of a sad smile.
"I do not understand much of what you are saying, but it seams to me that all people tend to attack one another when there is a difference in option and that is sad."
She said then she nodded.
"Hopefully then magick can come back and we can have both magick and technology for I kind of like them both."

I think he would put them to guard the doors in their fighting shape. he gambled.

Ryan gave a wry grin.
"Well with Nephandi coming down on our asses no matter where we turn I for one would welcome your finned friends guarding the doors."
He said.

I have the Flower of Innocence in front of my eyes and you are modeling her not so bad. How bad can it be?

The Cultist gave a laugh about that.
"That depends on whatever or not you want to listen to the stereotypes or the truth of my Tradition, in truth we are simply seers and mystics that use altered states of consciousness for our magick many however see us as little more than hedonists and drug addicts."
He said and gave a snort.
"As if mind altering substances have not been a part of magick since the beginning."

So, She's comming? Ok, i wanted her to talk Lily about her tradition too so, if you see her, tell her to seek me when she has the time.

"Yeah Hildegaard is coming back and should be here in not to long. I will tell her you are looking for her Tane but with her mentor and his Node cleansers here she might not have time for your new friend for a while."
The Cultist said.

(OOC: If you need anything from me to continue the Saturday storyline then let me know.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:13 am

Colin nodded, "Might as well lurk in an unready room until we are ready... Where's the light switch for this corridor?"
He gave Francesca a grin, "You know, at some point, you will bring Yale to their knees, when random people just happen to have matching keys and walk into each others' residences..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 pm

There are light on in the corridor from lamps that are placed over the door of each apartment they are all wired together it seams for all of them are on.
"I do not know, probably there are a central switch somewhere...if either of you can feel energy you might be able to feel where the electricity is running."
Francesca suggested.
"For a less deviant method I happen to know there is a circuit box on each floor right by the stairs."
The cyborg said and pointed to a small cabinet near the staircase.
"We can probably control the hallways lights from there."

He gave Francesca a grin, "You know, at some point, you will bring Yale to their knees, when random people just happen to have matching keys and walk into each others' residences..."

"Well you never know what fate and chance might bring you Mr ehm..."
Francesca looked at the Cyborg and dropped saying any name.
"My key fitting in this lock is hardly the strangest thing that have ever happened."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was out playing MtG with a friend.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum