Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

5 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Colin nodded, "I am not liable to approve of torture... It's proven to be too unreliable; far too often, the victim works out what the torturer wants to hear, and says anything, confesses to anything to end the pain, or they simply... expire."
He gave Adley a puzzled look, "You're not unconvinced... er, are you certain you got the right number of negatives there?"
He grimaced, "Likely, we were all too focused on Liv Bergen to think about what the prisoner might have..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Adley Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:13 pm

He gave Adley a puzzled look, "You're not unconvinced... er, are you certain you got the right number of negatives there?"

He blinked, thinking about what he said. "I meant I think she's...you know what I mean. But that is one too many negatives," he conceded. Shit, he was tired.

He grimaced, "Likely, we were all too focused on Liv Bergen to think about what the prisoner might have..."

"I took her items but didn't think of that. Let's make sure she's clean. If not, deal with it as best we can as soon as possible, if she has one we'll have to make it look like she's being moved and be ready in case." He hoped that was not the case, if they could get one break...nothing ever went smoothly and no matter how much he tried, even when he was reminded, it felt like there was always something he missed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:17 am

"You look look done in Adley, i could re arrange your chakra slightly... to fight off some exhaustion? " Richard asks?

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:17 am

"I tend to agree here. Also, I'm still not unconvinced she's not collecting information on us, which could disadvantage us aside from all the other ramifications."

"Very true."
Francesca said.
"But that leave us back with the question on whatever or not to torture her."

He told her his phone number, in case she needed to contact him.

Francesca wrote the number down on her phone then she gave everyone a nod and headed out of the room to watch over Liv Bergen as she played with her new friend.

"In our discussion it came up that our guest may have made some investments," he said, hoping he would get what he was talking about without having to detail it further.

"The marks on her arms right? Yes I suspect the same. We have an infernalist on the Chantry, unfortunately the Traditions do not outlaw that."
The Chief grumbled, for a Hermetic where infernalism even when not in association with the Nephandi where grounds for an execution or even Gilgul, other Traditions accepting the practice was nothing sort of infuriating.
"This time the little bastard get to earn his keep, I will have him inspect the marks see what he thinks."
The hedge wizard said.

"Good idea, Freddy can probably help with that too."

"I will talk with her when I see her, or I can give her a call."
Francesca said before she left.
"Or since she is headed here perhaps you want to ask if she have one."

"Yes, beheading is the least thing, of course. I don't want to do it," he said repeated. "Though we have an option to try something without much loss, I think that might be a good way to see if there's any profit in perusing the Martha situation."

"Well no I do not think any of us particularly want to be beheaded."
Adjan said with a slight smile.
"Though if the executioner is skilled and the blade sharp enough to take one's head of in one blow but it is not so sharp as to not knock you off I imagine it is a rather pain free way to go, as the shock will send you into immediate unconsciousness, it is like dipping a lobster in boiling water really which is also the best way to euthanize fish...however if the blade is to sharp the head might live on for a few moments which is probably not pleasant and if the blade is to dull or the executioner miss you might cause...."
He muttered seaming fascinated for a moment then he busied himself with the coffee.
"Ehm...sorry Jhor...I get morbid."
The Euthanatos muttered.
"Anyway yes, while as Mr Wainwright say Miss Cunningham is in Boston, that do not mean at least a phone call can not get us some vital information if we are lucky, it is worth giving a shot at least."

"Shit; I did not. I knew there was something," he grabbed his phone again.

You call up the Chief again and the man replies.
"Mr Roth Hicks, what can I help you with this time?"
He said sounding somewhat amused.

Colin nodded, "I am not liable to approve of torture... It's proven to be too unreliable; far too often, the victim works out what the torturer wants to hear, and says anything, confesses to anything to end the pain, or they simply... expire."

"It is unreliable however with magick to check if the woman is lying and to keep her alive it might be better than nothing."
Adjan said and glanced at Colin.
"Unless you can talk her into revealing what we want to know off course."
He said and seamed convinced that the Orphan could do just that.

He blinked, thinking about what he said. "I meant I think she's...you know what I mean. But that is one too many negatives," he conceded. Shit, he was tired.

Adjan looked at Adley with concern in his eyes and refilled his coffee, but what the Hermetic really needed was rest.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:51 am

"You look look done in Adley, i could re arrange your chakra slightly... to fight off some exhaustion? " Richard asks

He looked at him, frowning a little. If he looked that bad he probably was not bound to be making the best decisions he could and that was not good. "I need to rest," he admitted, though it was clear he thought that he should just get up and keep going no matter what happened without complaining. "Not all the tiredness is just lack of sleep though that is definitely part of it. I might take you up on discussing it though once we determine damage control, at least to see what's involved."

"The marks on her arms right? Yes I suspect the same. We have an infernalist on the Chantry, unfortunately the Traditions do not outlaw that." The Chief grumbled, for a Hermetic where infernalism even when not in association with the Nephandi where grounds for an execution or even Gilgul, other Traditions accepting the practice was nothing sort of infuriating. "This time the little bastard get to earn his keep, I will have him inspect the marks see what he thinks." The hedge wizard said.

He raised an eyebrow at that. This was certainly a...unqiue chantry. An infernalist, a Freedom Razor, a Verbena that had a vampire consort..."I don't like to talk much on the phone; I prefer to be succinct but I thought that you should know as soon as possible," he explained, in case the man thought he was being rude. "I am glad you will see to it."

"Well no I do not think any of us particularly want to be beheaded." Adjan said with a slight smile. "Though if the executioner is skilled and the blade sharp enough to take one's head of in one blow..."

"Adjan..." he said, giving him a look, one brow raised. He'd just had such a memory imparted to him, and he was in no mood to measure it up to other methods of dying or of if it had been a poor cut.

He muttered seaming fascinated for a moment then he busied himself with the coffee. "Ehm...sorry Jhor...I get morbid." The Euthanatos muttered.

"Adjan," he repeated, shaking his head a bit and then glad when he stopped. "Thank you." He scrubbed a hand over his face. It wasn't as if he'd caused some rather nasty deaths, but dwelling on it wasn't going to improve things.

"Mr Roth Hicks, what can I help you with this time?" He said sounding somewhat amused.

This man probably thinks I'm an idiot and a rude one at that; better an idiot than completely incompetent though and bringing woe to them by missing something. "Can you also provide a check for physical trackers, non-magickal ones?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:04 am

He raised an eyebrow at that. This was certainly a...unqiue chantry. An infernalist, a Freedom Razor, a Verbena that had a vampire consort..."I don't like to talk much on the phone; I prefer to be succinct but I thought that you should know as soon as possible," he explained, in case the man thought he was being rude. "I am glad you will see to it."

"I am glad you called it was the right thing to do as this need to be addressed."
The hedge wizard said.
"And no the phone is not the right way to discuss this so if there is nothing further I should go and see to it that the prisoner's marks are examined."

"Adjan..." he said, giving him a look, one brow raised. He'd just had such a memory imparted to him, and he was in no mood to measure it up to other methods of dying or of if it had been a poor cut.

There was a glint of something darker in the Euthanatos' eyes as he spoke about death, a dark fascination, his Tradition was in constant danger of Jhor and because of them few Euthanatoi became old, eventually the underworld energies and death magick they worked took over their bodies and mind.

"Adjan," he repeated, shaking his head a bit and then glad when he stopped. "Thank you." He scrubbed a hand over his face. It wasn't as if he'd caused some rather nasty deaths, but dwelling on it wasn't going to improve things.

"Ehm...yes...sorry..."
Adjan said and looked down. He looked rather embarrassed, he probably did not enjoy slipping up and letting others see how his dark Resonance affected him.
"Moving on to another topic then..."
He muttered.

This man probably thinks I'm an idiot and a rude one at that; better an idiot than completely incompetent though and bringing woe to them by missing something. "Can you also provide a check for physical trackers, non-magickal ones?"

"Hum...yes not a bad idea, I will do that."
Joakim said gruffly.
"I think I will have one of my female assistants strip her and perform a complete search, then burn her clothes and get her a fresh shift as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:43 am

"Ehm...yes...sorry..." Adjan said and looked down. He looked rather embarrassed, he probably did not enjoy slipping up and letting others see how his dark Resonance affected him. "Moving on to another topic then..." He muttered.

He sighed but didn't make any other issue of it, probably all that had happened was affecting him as well but he couldn't say he liked the look in his eyes. This shit was affecting them all, each in their own way. Or the way of his Tradition in his case...he hoped he could spare him (and all of them) having to deal with a torture situation on top of everything else. "Yes, moving along..." he said in a milder tone.

"Hum...yes not a bad idea, I will do that." Joakim said gruffly. "I think I will have one of my female assistants strip her and perform a complete search, then burn her clothes and get her a fresh shift as well."

"As you think is suitable sir," he said, not wanting to discuss things in too much detail again. Like before, he simply hung up and then looked at everyone. "Well, fingers crossed that this can be taken care of and that we don't have to worry about something else. As for what I think we should do, I think we should try to see if we can get to Martha. See if she will for some reason be able to give us something. Talk to my contact. We need to let the Chief know how things are doing as well. Then go from there, if we need to revisit some of other less desirable options...Not necessarily in that order, since something might crop up between though I hope not." At this point it was becoming almost expected that some monkey wrench or another would appear to derail things; if anything he was learning how to just deal with it, no matter what.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:32 am

"Yes, moving along..." he said in a milder tone.

Adjan gave the Hermetic a grateful look that the other mage did not make a big deal of it, he clearly was upset with himself for his slight outburst, he did not say anything else about it though.

"As you think is suitable sir," he said, not wanting to discuss things in too much detail again. Like before, he simply hung up and then looked at everyone. "Well, fingers crossed that this can be taken care of and that we don't have to worry about something else. As for what I think we should do, I think we should try to see if we can get to Martha. See if she will for some reason be able to give us something.

"Well torture should be a last resort and it seams we are not at the point of last resorts just yet."
Adjan said and nodded.
"Let us see if Freddy have a burner phone when she get here and try to talk with this woman, see what we can get out of here."
The Euthanatos agreed.

As she was spoken of the door opened and Freddy came into the room.
"Hi."
She said then she gave Colin a warm smile, her eyes lingering on him for just a moment before she dumped down into a chair.
"Francesca said she was going to play babysitter while we talk."
She said.
"Oh and she mentioned something about you guys needing a phone?"

Talk to my contact. We need to let the Chief know how things are doing as well. Then go from there, if we need to revisit some of other less desirable options...Not necessarily in that order, since something might crop up between though I hope not." At this point it was becoming almost expected that some monkey wrench or another would appear to derail things; if anything he was learning how to just deal with it, no matter what.

"Sounds like a plan, do you want me or Mr Wainwright to call the Chief while you talk with your contact, to be a bit more effective in getting our tasks done?"
Adjan asked and leaned back sipping his coffee, he gave Freddy a nod as she came into the room.
"If we call the hospital now before it get to late, then you deal with your contact and one of us call the Chief?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:27 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully to Adley, then gave Adjan an enigmatic smile, "I thank you for the vote of confidence... but I haven't had the time to observe this one; haven't had the opportunity to evaluate her in advance. With the Technocrat we captured, hell, even with Diego, and with Mr. Bergen and Mr. Kreshnic - that was what our cybernetic friend was named before the Union got him - I had something personal to go on, however small. I don't know enough with certainty about this lady... yet. After all, all I ever saw of her was her hurling spells at me, and then being hauled by Dr. Lee back to the car. And then examining her..."
He frowned, "Her items, I might work something out from those... Let's see, she had her ritual blade - disgusting, but good craftsmanship, she had that disgusting tass, a red lipstick, and... a keychain with car and house keys. Hmmm... That does have possibilities. We might not have the time to investigate that lead today, but the residents of Morningstar might find the time, after the hubbub at the apartment building has died down, to locate the Fallen's car and search it, before finding her apartment and checking the place out. It's a lead..."
He gave Adjan a small grimace, "Mr. Terach, I'm not sure how your Tradition handles this, but you might need a bit of a vacation after this one. Do something, I don't know, life-affirming, perhaps?"
He smiled warmly as Freddy strolled in, "There you are, luv... Did you get that picture for me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:19 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully to Adley, then gave Adjan an enigmatic smile, "I thank you for the vote of confidence... but I haven't had the time to observe this one; haven't had the opportunity to evaluate her in advance. With the Technocrat we captured, hell, even with Diego, and with Mr. Bergen and Mr. Kreshnic - that was what our cybernetic friend was named before the Union got him - I had something personal to go on, however small. I don't know enough with certainty about this lady... yet. After all, all I ever saw of her was her hurling spells at me, and then being hauled by Dr. Lee back to the car. And then examining her..."

"Mr Kreshnic...hum...well it is good to know his name, I still wonder what his story where, well he did seam like a good man, I hope he find some meaning in whatever is left of his life, leaving the Union was a couragous thing."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"I understand what you are saying Mr Wainwright but even so, the fact remains you are our best negotiator, and if any of us have a chance of getting information out of that woman without harming her it is you."
The Euthanatos said and sat his empty coffee mug down on the table.

He frowned, "Her items, I might work something out from those... Let's see, she had her ritual blade - disgusting, but good craftsmanship, she had that disgusting tass, a red lipstick, and... a keychain with car and house keys. Hmmm... That does have possibilities.

"And she had a phone that Freddy have now as far as I remember."
Adjan added.
"Hum...if we could find her house and car we might be able to learn something from that, but yes that will take time to find."

but the residents of Morningstar might find the time, after the hubbub at the apartment building has died down, to locate the Fallen's car and search it, before finding her apartment and checking the place out. It's a lead..."

"We should ask them for help in this matter then Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said and nodded.

He gave Adjan a small grimace, "Mr. Terach, I'm not sure how your Tradition handles this, but you might need a bit of a vacation after this one. Do something, I don't know, life-affirming, perhaps?"

The Euthanatos gave Colin a look.
"The way my Tradition handles Jhor in it's members, once and Euthanatoi have gotten to tainted by it, one of his or her loved ones in the Tradition give them the good death. I can assure you Mr Wainwright that I am not quite that far gone yet."
He said glumly.

He smiled warmly as Freddy strolled in, "There you are, luv... Did you get that picture for me?"

"Yes I did love."
Freddy said and carefully pulled the drawing out of her bag and handed it to Colin.
"Miss Willis also said that what she think it means is a coming war on Horizon, two allies will be fighting over a fallen comrade and that conflict will be a central part of what is happening. However there are many paths and an innocent will have to be sacrificed to save many more."
Freddy said and sigh.
"And that is what I could understand of what she said, there where more but for the life of me I could not get it I felt like a five year old trying to understand rocket science...I mean no offense to anyone, and Miss Willis are sweet as a plum but fuck Criamons are weird, if you want to try to understand more of what she had to say love I think you have to speak with her yourself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Colin nodded, "I will have to see what I can do... Those of you who have spoken with her, what's your take on her as a person? Aside from the likely investments, her being a Nephandi, and the sense that she was interrogating you as much as the other way around?"
He twitched, "I had nothing so severe in mind, just something to lighten your spirits - some rest looking at the other side of the circle, perhaps? If you don't mind the banality, maybe visit a zoo with newborns or something similar? No matter, it is hardly my place to intrude."
He accepted the drawing with a smile, and his eyes darkened a little, "A coming war on Horizon... that's likely the one in twenty years. Two allies fighting over a fallen comrade... Hard to say, with two women and a girl as the subjects in question. As for the innocent to be sacrificed... I have a nasty, sinking suspicion who that might be, and I don't like it. At all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:20 pm

Colin nodded, "I will have to see what I can do... Those of you who have spoken with her, what's your take on her as a person? Aside from the likely investments, her being a Nephandi, and the sense that she was interrogating you as much as the other way around?"

"She is proud and competent, she took some pains to not let us see her fear, though it still showed in her eyes. She is a calculating woman I think and worse she is not like that brute Diego, instead she is passionately loyal and quite possible one who truly believe in the Nephandi's agenda, something that makes her dangerous, oh and she is one who is willing to feed ten year olds to vampires so that says something about her character."
Adjan said sourly and shrugged.

He twitched, "I had nothing so severe in mind, just something to lighten your spirits - some rest looking at the other side of the circle, perhaps? If you don't mind the banality, maybe visit a zoo with newborns or something similar? No matter, it is hardly my place to intrude."

"I need to bleed of Resonance, so you might be right Mr Wainwright, but the rest that all of us need right now, will have to wait until this Nephandi situation is dealt with."
He muttered.
"It might not be a zoo with babies but I have been thinking about taking an apprentice when this is all over, if the Deacon Council approve my request, and I do appropriate your concern."
Adjan muttered he still did not sound like his Jhor situation was a preferred topic for discussion.

He accepted the drawing with a smile, and his eyes darkened a little, "A coming war on Horizon... that's likely the one in twenty years. Two allies fighting over a fallen comrade... Hard to say, with two women and a girl as the subjects in question.

"Yeah none of it is very clear it seams."
Freddy said and sigh.
"Not that I have never been a big believer in premonitions anyway, but off course then there is you and your mysterious friend from the future that quite possibly saved our butts today."
She had to admit.

As for the innocent to be sacrificed... I have a nasty, sinking suspicion who that might be, and I don't like it. At all."

"Do you feel like sharing with the rest of the class as to who you think this innocent might be love?"
Freddy asked and raised an eyebrow as she leaned back in her seat.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Colin stroked his chin thoughtfully, "Oh, I don't know how different she is from Diego as far as loyalty is concerned... She does sound significantly more intelligent and capable than that foul-mouthed wretch, though. Hmmm, sharp, dedicated and ruthless; a dangerous combination..."
He nodded to Adjan, dropping the subject without another word before looking closer at the drawing. Then he sighed, "You'll all be privy to most of this soon enough anyway - I'm having the expurgated transcript of it disseminated throughout the Chantry and beyond due to the presence of certain apparently highly accurate pieces of useful information. But whatever happens, I don't want you to pass this on just yet..."
He grimaced, remembering all too clearly, "As you likely all know, I had a Seeking... God, but it feels like weeks ago already. In any case, that Seeking consisted of a trip to the future, about twenty years from now, when I will be living in Horizon with... well," He glanced at Freddy with an odd smile, "my family. At any rate, the battle will take place on the 27th of August, though I remain slightly uncertain as to whether it will be in precisely twenty years, or perhaps nineteen or twenty-one. One important thing, though, is that I remembered a Technocracy attack on Steelhaven Hall shortly after the Nephandi tried - and failed - to take over Boston. Among the casualties of that battle was miss Alexander."
He grimaced, "In the battle for Horizon, however, I took a small fighter craft to support our capital ships against the Nephandi Battlecruisers - horrid Lovecraftian flesh-things - and enjoyed a rather pyrrhic victory in disabling one of their, er, cannons at the expense of one of my own engines. I managed to slip the dart through the pierced shielding and boarded the polyp. Then I made my way through the vessel in a manner similar to that video game series..." He glanced at Freddy, "You haven't told me about those games yet, but I expect you will soon enough; some Snake fellow who sneaks around and primarily tries to avoid detection. In any case, lucking out with a data panel - a bizarre flesh-harp thing for controls - I found the way to the thing's brain, hoping to take out the captain in a desperate attempt to remove at least one Battlecruiser from the fight. As it happens, I... got captured about halfway there, and I was dragged along by a very impolite Fallen who seemed a bit unhappy that the Handler wanted to see me out of curiosity instead of just having me killed on the spot. Seems they were curious as to how the hell I'd managed to gain entry in the first place..."
He pinched the bridge of his nose, details flowing across his inner eye, "The Handler was a little girl named Alice, maybe twelve years old, very much an Alice in Wonderland-look to her, except she had a green, lacy dress... and she was Beatrice Alexander reincarnated. Same posture, same way she held her dagger, everything. She was confused by how I recognized her Avatar; the weathered angel with broken wings and nothingness for eyes... She knew at some point one of her incarnations had been through the Caul, but when she was born, her Avatar was no longer fully inverted... I managed to pull at some part of her, of her Avatar, which remembered me, remembered the kindness I'd showed her. I made a paper replica of the rose I'd placed in Beatrice's hair when the Quaesitors came, and tucked it in between Alice's locks... And then, when she broke down in tears and hugged me, I picked up her dagger and murdered her. I never even hesitated. The last thing I remember is the polyp screaming as our capital ships let it have everything they could sent its way, and the world turning bright white... I don't know whether or not I'll survive, or even if there is any way I might. I will, of course, look for a way out, but... if there's an innocent sacrifice needed to save many others, my memories of the future imply it will have to be miss Alexander, as her reincarnation will be the polyp's weak link."
He sagged, looking closer to twice his age for a moment, "I don't know if there's any way to prevent the attack, but if we can use the foreknowledge to manipulate the Fallen's critical crewmembers..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Colin stroked his chin thoughtfully, "Oh, I don't know how different she is from Diego as far as loyalty is concerned... She does sound significantly more intelligent and capable than that foul-mouthed wretch, though. Hmmm, sharp, dedicated and ruthless; a dangerous combination..."

Adjan nodded.
"It is good her Paradigm seam to be fairly slow or we might have had even more of a problem during the fight but yes, her loyalty might be the same as Diego but she is smarter, which ban be a problem or not for us when it comes to getting something out of her depending on what strategy we use."

He nodded to Adjan, dropping the subject without another word before looking closer at the drawing. Then he sighed, "You'll all be privy to most of this soon enough anyway - I'm having the expurgated transcript of it disseminated throughout the Chantry and beyond due to the presence of certain apparently highly accurate pieces of useful information. But whatever happens, I don't want you to pass this on just yet..."

Adjan and Freddy nodded at that.
"It is your choice how the information is spread love."
The Virtual Adept said.

He grimaced, remembering all too clearly, "As you likely all know, I had a Seeking... God, but it feels like weeks ago already. In any case, that Seeking consisted of a trip to the future, about twenty years from now, when I will be living in Horizon with... well," He glanced at Freddy with an odd smile, "my family. At any rate, the battle will take place on the 27th of August, though I remain slightly uncertain as to whether it will be in precisely twenty years, or perhaps nineteen or twenty-one. One important thing, though, is that I remembered a Technocracy attack on Steelhaven Hall shortly after the Nephandi tried - and failed - to take over Boston. Among the casualties of that battle was miss Alexander."

Freddy gave a slight smile when Colin looked at her, she had heard the story before but Adjan paid close attention then he said.
"More trouble for Beatrice, poor girl she have been through enough, and this is a likely outcome of our current events? In that case we need to find a way to protect her."

He grimaced, "In the battle for Horizon, however, I took a small fighter craft to support our capital ships against the Nephandi Battlecruisers - horrid Lovecraftian flesh-things - and enjoyed a rather pyrrhic victory in disabling one of their, er, cannons at the expense of one of my own engines. I managed to slip the dart through the pierced shielding and boarded the polyp

"I have heard descriptions of the Nephandi battle cruisers, they are said to be horrors given from."
The Euthanatos muttered.
"Few have been able to take one down, one of them can hold thier own against one Technocracy Dreadnought."

Then I made my way through the vessel in a manner similar to that video game series..." He glanced at Freddy, "You haven't told me about those games yet, but I expect you will soon enough; some Snake fellow who sneaks around and primarily tries to avoid detection.

Freddy gave a big grin at that.

In any case, lucking out with a data panel - a bizarre flesh-harp thing for controls - I found the way to the thing's brain, hoping to take out the captain in a desperate attempt to remove at least one Battlecruiser from the fight. As it happens, I... got captured about halfway there, and I was dragged along by a very impolite Fallen who seemed a bit unhappy that the Handler wanted to see me out of curiosity instead of just having me killed on the spot. Seems they were curious as to how the hell I'd managed to gain entry in the first place..."

"Yes I can imagine they where not to happy to find a stranger in their ship."
Adjan said he had refilled his coffee cup and was giving full attention to what Colin was saying.
"What is a Handler but the way? I have never heard about such a thing."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, details flowing across his inner eye, "The Handler was a little girl named Alice, maybe twelve years old, very much an Alice in Wonderland-look to her, except she had a green, lacy dress... and she was Beatrice Alexander reincarnated. Same posture, same way she held her dagger, everything.

"Beatrice's reincarnation?"
Adjan muttered.
"Yes she do have an distinct way she holds her blades."
He said, he had fought against the young Verbena in sparring matches many times and knew well how she handled a knife.

She was confused by how I recognized her Avatar; the weathered angel with broken wings and nothingness for eyes... She knew at some point one of her incarnations had been through the Caul, but when she was born, her Avatar was no longer fully inverted...

Adjan glanced at Adley, he himself had never seen Beatrice's Avatar or heard it spoken about, it was a rather private thing after all, but if that really was the description of it that lead credence to Colin's future vision.

I managed to pull at some part of her, of her Avatar, which remembered me, remembered the kindness I'd showed her. I made a paper replica of the rose I'd placed in Beatrice's hair when the Quaesitors came, and tucked it in between Alice's locks... And then, when she broke down in tears and hugged me, I picked up her dagger and murdered her. I never even hesitated. The last thing I remember is the polyp screaming as our capital ships let it have everything they could sent its way, and the world turning bright white...

"The Nephandi lost control of the ship when the Handler died?"
Freddy asked. Adjan nodded.
"It can seam so yes, which give us a weakness about the battle cruisers to exploit, if all this checks out then that can turn the tide in Umbral battles, it is a shame about the little girl though, but sometimes it is impossible to save everyone."

I don't know whether or not I'll survive, or even if there is any way I might. I will, of course, look for a way out, but... if there's an innocent sacrifice needed to save many others, my memories of the future imply it will have to be miss Alexander, as her reincarnation will be the polyp's weak link."

Freddy looked concerned she reached out and touched Colin's hand with her own. Adjan nodded.
"You mean she is meant to die is a forthcoming attack on Steelhaven? It is possible, I do not feel a need for her death round Beatrice though...but that do not mean you are not right, I do not always feel it..."
The Euthanatos said then he sigh.
"But you need to be very, very sure that Bee is this needed sacrifice if you are going to let her die, for often premonitions are hard to read, and this innocent you speak of can be someone completely different."
He said softly.

He sagged, looking closer to twice his age for a moment, "I don't know if there's any way to prevent the attack, but if we can use the foreknowledge to manipulate the Fallen's critical crewmembers..."

"We will find a way to stop it, I am not letting you or for that matter Miss Alexander die without a fight."
Freddy said sternly.
"We have to find a way to prevent this."
She added. Adjan nodded again.
"What indications do you have this is more than just a Seeking Mr Wainwright, forgive me I do not mean to doubt you but I have to ask."
The Euthanatos said as he sipped his coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Colin nodded, "The Handler is bound to the Polyp - as I understand it, it's some sort of deliberate conjoining of their minds, possibly on the level of a link between their central nervous systems. It was a bit vague, but it seems only a few Fallen have the necessary ability for it - a predisposition of some sort."
He pinched the bridge of his nose again, "I've already taken measures to try to evacuate Beatrice if and when that attack comes, but if it is a necessary thing, or inevitable..."
He shook his head, "Anyway, yes, further indications that this was of a prophetic nature rather than just a Seeking... I clearly remembered the first vessel I trained in as an Umbral Pilot. A vessel Chief Morgan inherited out of the blue; a fairly cosy shuttlecraft; nothing designed for combat, but good for getting around the Umbra."
He waited until Adjan set down the coffee cup again, "This morning, there was a Mercere visiting with a letter for Chief Morgan. The apprentice of one of the Chief's old Cabalmates had passed away, and the Chief was the closest person left to inherit the man's Umbral Shuttle. The poor courier was as surprised as I was when I could tell him the contents of the letter almost in as much detail as he had been given about it before arriving... At that point, I helped the courier find the appropriate person to deliver the letter to in lieu of the Chief - he was catching up on some much-needed sleep in a time bubble at that time - and I made an immediate detour to Master Steelhaven, where his testimonial rote was applied to make a highly detailed and accurate transcript of my Seeking. Additionally, I made some illustrations of what I had seen - a drawing of Alice and her Avatar, which I gave to miss Alexander without the specifics of time mentioned - and drawings of the Heart of Horizon and St. Victoria's Blade, images which have been identified by people who have seen the actual vessels. In fact, the Heart of Horizon is not yet finished, but Mistress Telar could still recognize it at a glance. As a remarkably accurate likeness, even."
He sighed, "No offense taken, Mr. Terach; it is remarkably incredible on the surface, and even more so when I dig into the details."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:53 pm

Colin nodded, "The Handler is bound to the Polyp - as I understand it, it's some sort of deliberate conjoining of their minds, possibly on the level of a link between their central nervous systems. It was a bit vague, but it seems only a few Fallen have the necessary ability for it - a predisposition of some sort.

"Hum...I guess with a creature that alien a human translator of sorts might be needed to understand it."
Adjan said and nodded.
"It is an interesting if disturbing concept."

He pinched the bridge of his nose again, "I've already taken measures to try to evacuate Beatrice if and when that attack comes, but if it is a necessary thing, or inevitable..."

"Fate is seldom impossible to change Mr Wainwright but everything we do have consequences. However if it is Miss Alexander's fate to die so her reincarnation can be a weak spot that can be exploited in a future attack on Horizon, well then that needs to be discussed with her whatever she want to accept such a fate or fight it."
Adjan said softly.
"We can not decide her future for her and especially not when we do not know how much of this child artist's predictions are true and if they are true who the innocent that needs to be sacrificed is."

He shook his head, "Anyway, yes, further indications that this was of a prophetic nature rather than just a Seeking... I clearly remembered the first vessel I trained in as an Umbral Pilot. A vessel Chief Morgan inherited out of the blue; a fairly cosy shuttlecraft; nothing designed for combat, but good for getting around the Umbra."
He waited until Adjan set down the coffee cup again, "This morning, there was a Mercere visiting with a letter for Chief Morgan. The apprentice of one of the Chief's old Cabalmates had passed away, and the Chief was the closest person left to inherit the man's Umbral Shuttle.

Adjan raised an eyebrow.
"Well now, that is a pretty strong indication yes."
He muttered.
"And I assume this was out of the blue, that he Chief had not mentioned that this person was ill...that is most peculiar indeed."
He said and seamed somewhat taken aback.

The poor courier was as surprised as I was when I could tell him the contents of the letter almost in as much detail as he had been given about it before arriving... At that point, I helped the courier find the appropriate person to deliver the letter to in lieu of the Chief - he was catching up on some much-needed sleep in a time bubble at that time

"Well you probably shocked the Mercere alright. Well that is a pretty strong indication that what you saw during your vision was prophetic."

and I made an immediate detour to Master Steelhaven, where his testimonial rote was applied to make a highly detailed and accurate transcript of my Seeking.

"That was probably wise as this might help us out quite a bit in preventing the situations you saw."
Adjan said and picked up his coffee cup again and took a sip.

Additionally, I made some illustrations of what I had seen - a drawing of Alice and her Avatar, which I gave to miss Alexander without the specifics of time mentioned - and drawings of the Heart of Horizon and St. Victoria's Blade, images which have been identified by people who have seen the actual vessels. In fact, the Heart of Horizon is not yet finished, but Mistress Telar could still recognize it at a glance. As a remarkably accurate likeness, even."

"The names you mention Mr Wainwright, they are Umbra ships? I have never heard about the Heart of Horizon I think I have heard the Blade mentioned on Horizon, a war ship to protect us from Dreadnoughts...and what did Miss Alexander say about the pictures of her Avatar, not that I mean to pry but did she recognize it?"

He sighed, "No offense taken, Mr. Terach; it is remarkably incredible on the surface, and even more so when I dig into the details."

"Well I have found that nothing is impossible Mr Wainwright but some stories do need to be checked but it seams that allot of details from your vision fit with actual events..."
Adjan muttered.
"Which give us a completely new set of problems to worry about...was it this future vision that lead you to Mr Kimble...ehm Kreshnic was it? You seamed sure that he would be there."
The Euthanatos asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:51 pm

She said then she gave Colin a warm smile, her eyes lingering on him for just a moment before she dumped down into a chair.
"Francesca said she was going to play babysitter while we talk." She said."Oh and she mentioned something about you guys needing a phone?"

"Yes, we are considering that lead that you found on the phone but it might be prudent to have something that is not easily traced - something disposable - to see if we can get to Martha."

"Sounds like a plan, do you want me or Mr Wainwright to call the Chief while you talk with your contact, to be a bit more effective in getting our tasks done?" Adjan asked and leaned back sipping his coffee, he gave Freddy a nod as she came into the room. "If we call the hospital now before it get to late, then you deal with your contact and one of us call the Chief?"

"I'd like to see if anything pans out before calling the contact, unless it is getting late," he said, checking the time again. "But yes splitting tasks seems sensible."

He frowned, "Her items, I might work something out from those... Let's see, she had her ritual blade - disgusting, but good craftsmanship, she had that disgusting tass, a red lipstick, and... a keychain with car and house keys. Hmmm... That does have possibilities.

"I have also requested a sample of her hair and blood to be taken. I was thinking if someone could use ars to see where she'd been lately we might find something. I suppose the phone might be put to similar use. Was there anything on it? The chief here says that he might be able to assist us with that. And I have her items, in the event you can use them."

"Miss Willis also said that what she think it means is a coming war on Horizon, two allies will be fighting over a fallen comrade and that conflict will be a central part of what is happening. However there are many paths and an innocent will have to be sacrificed to save many more.

Adley frowned as the story unfolded again, this time more fully than what he'd been able to skim but he put out his hands to look at the picture for himself to examine. If what he said was true, then he would have failed in this life to save her avatar and Colin would kill her to prevent the ship from attacking. He caught Adjan's look as he talked about her avatar, and gave him a small nod, though the look on his face was if anything looking more stubborn as they talked about sacrificing her. "She already sacrificed herself once and come to harm from what has transpired in this life. Though I do believe your premonitions hold weight, that does not mean that we need to follow that path to the ends that you saw. Her current state is unique and I believe it is possible for her, perhaps others like her, to be saved. And I mean to find out how, even if it takes a very long time. Or beyond my lifetime. If fate could never be changed, we would not have true will. Now that we know there is something that is coming down the pipe, we might avoid it.

"As important as this is, we need to figure out what we're going to do right now. We know that group of Nephandi was to set off this evening, they've likely found there was trouble by now. I still think there is something that will go down with the node and I still want Abigail and of course any leads on that woman," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:07 pm

"Yes, we are considering that lead that you found on the phone but it might be prudent to have something that is not easily traced - something disposable - to see if we can get to Martha."

"Ah...well I always have a couple of burner phones on me, just in case you know."
Freddy said and dug around in her bag until she produced a cheap looking phone and handed it to Adley.
"It should not be traceable but get rid of it once you are done with it just to be sure."
She said and smiled.

"I'd like to see if anything pans out before calling the contact, unless it is getting late," he said, checking the time again. "But yes splitting tasks seems sensible."

Adjan just nodded at that.
"Then we wait and see what we can find out from the asylum and if Mr Wainwright can get anything out of the prisoner then?"

"I have also requested a sample of her hair and blood to be taken. I was thinking if someone could use ars to see where she'd been lately we might find something. I suppose the phone might be put to similar use. Was there anything on it? The chief here says that he might be able to assist us with that. And I have her items, in the event you can use them."

Freddy shock her head and pulled the Nephandus' phone out of her bag as well.
"Not much, she have not stored any numbers and been sure to delete anything relevant, with a bit of time I might be able to retrieve that data though the only thing on here are the number to a Indian restaurant, and one picture, just one."
The Virtual Adept pressed a few buttons on the phone and brought up a photo of a good looking, dark haired man in his mid twenties that was looking into the camera and smiling.
"There is nothing on the phone that indicate who he is though, but he have to be important since she have not left any other information actually in her phone."
She said and handed the phone back to Adley.

"She already sacrificed herself once and come to harm from what has transpired in this life. Though I do believe your premonitions hold weight, that does not mean that we need to follow that path to the ends that you saw. Her current state is unique and I believe it is possible for her, perhaps others like her, to be saved. And I mean to find out how, even if it takes a very long time. Or beyond my lifetime. If fate could never be changed, we would not have true will. Now that we know there is something that is coming down the pipe, we might avoid it.

Adjan looked at Adley as he spoke to Colin, then he nodded, Beatrice was his friend and he did not want to see her die, and if she really could be saved...if her Avatar could be cleaned then that was a hope worth holding onto.

"As important as this is, we need to figure out what we're going to do right now. We know that group of Nephandi was to set off this evening, they've likely found there was trouble by now. I still think there is something that will go down with the node and I still want Abigail and of course any leads on that woman," he said.

"Then I suggest we divide our efforts."
Adjan said.
"What if I go and speak with Morningstar's security Chief about getting help in finding the Nephandu' car and residence, Miss Adlebloom work on her phone to see what she can find out. Mr Wainwright have a talk with her, potentially bringing Dr Lee with him as back up in case of trouble and you call the hospital in Boston and see what you find and we meet back here once our respective tasks are done?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Colin scritched his chin, "The Chief was barely aware of the fellow, it seems - his inheritance was a bureaucratic formality; no living family, and thus his Mentor's Cabalmates were the closest thing to next of kin, as I understand it. And I agree, miss Alexander needs to be allowed to make the decision for herself, but at the moment, I fear she's not quite strong enough. I remember she was up and fighting during the battle for Steelhaven Hall - which means we have some time for her to recuperate."
He half-smiled, "As for the Heart of Horizon, I understand it is being built... She is or will be Mistress Telar's masterpiece, in many ways; a mighty battleship with a Phylactery at its heart. Her captain is supposed to come visit once it is safe; I look forward to presenting the original drawing of it then."
He scratched his nose, "My drawing of miss Alexander's Avatar was perhaps not completely accurate - I've never seen it, but I had it described to me... She recognized it. But that drawing is not applicable as evidence in this regard; I'd heard it described prior to the Seeking. As for Mr. Kreshnic... this is where time starts getting really complicated."
He paused for a moment, thinking back, "Earlier today, the Chief had me recruit the aid of one of our Chronomancers to set up a temporal bubble in my workshop, so I could make an important dowsing aid for Mrs. von Hess. I gave Fate a little nudge - I'm sure you understand precisely what I mean, Mr. Terach - and crossed paths with Deaconess Mara O'Connor, who consented to aid me in that matter. As we were leaving the Chantry, she noted that a dream of some sort was lingering around me. As I was working on the pendulum, inside the temporal bubble, I was on my porch in Horizon, two decades hence, as my old friend Patrick Dale was coming over for dinner. He commented on meeting our old friend, Liv Bergen, at the Security Office, and that that reminded him of how I'd told him I wouldn't have been able to rescue her if not for an old friend in the future reminding me of how I had found a renegade Iteration X cyborg in the apartment building. If I hadn't been able to convince him to aid us, we'd likely have been killed by the ward on the door. He also commented on how his brand was aching, and how that meant trouble was brewing..."
He shook his head, "And you are quite right, Adley - there ARE many paths, as was stated about the picture. And there are many ways to be sacrificed that don't mean death..." His eyes darkened momentarily again, "And there are many forms of innocence, as well..."
He pondered for a moment, "But, one thing at a time... One time at a time, even... Say, I don't suppose that Indian restaurant offers take-out? We ought to feed the prisoner, after all..."

Last edited by Warpmind on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ack, realized I'd used the wrong name for my old friend Patrick... :P)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Colin scritched his chin, "The Chief was barely aware of the fellow, it seems - his inheritance was a bureaucratic formality; no living family, and thus his Mentor's Cabalmates were the closest thing to next of kin, as I understand it.

"Well that is the law, your apprentices are your next of kin, then your mentor, secondary mentors if you have them and then Cabalmates and their apprentices."
Adjan said and nodded.
"If there where no magickal relatives left then yes while mundane property would have been sent to the man's sleeper family if he had any, magcikal property would go to Chief Morgan."

And I agree, miss Alexander needs to be allowed to make the decision for herself, but at the moment, I fear she's not quite strong enough. I remember she was up and fighting during the battle for Steelhaven Hall - which means we have some time for her to recuperate."

"I hear she can hold short conversations between falling asleep now, at least that is what Master Nassa said last I spoke to him, but being in fighting condition, that will be some time I fear."
Adjan said sounding concerned.
"Poor kid..."
He muttered.

He half-smiled, "As for the Heart of Horizon, I understand it is being built... She is or will be Mistress Telar's masterpiece, in many ways; a mighty battleship with a Phylactery at its heart. Her captain is supposed to come visit once it is safe; I look forward to presenting the original drawing of it then."

"Now that will be an interesting guest...a Phylactery at the heart of an Umbra ship...now that is something new."
Adjan seamed quite surprised.
"Must be one hell of a ship."

He scratched his nose, "My drawing of miss Alexander's Avatar was perhaps not completely accurate - I've never seen it, but I had it described to me... She recognized it. But that drawing is not applicable as evidence in this regard; I'd heard it described prior to the Seeking. As for Mr. Kreshnic... this is where time starts getting really complicated."

"Things get even more complicated...well not that is just perfect."
The Euthanatos muttered.
"But yes I agree if you had heard her Avatar described beforehand then it is not a good indication as to the accuracy of the vision."

He paused for a moment, thinking back, "Earlier today, the Chief had me recruit the aid of one of our Chronomancers to set up a temporal bubble in my workshop, so I could make an important dowsing aid for Mrs. von Hess. I gave Fate a little nudge - I'm sure you understand precisely what I mean, Mr. Terach

Adjan gave a little smile and nodded at that.
"Yes indeed Mr Wainwright."

and crossed paths with Deaconess Mara O'Connor, who consented to aid me in that matter. As we were leaving the Chantry, she noted that a dream of some sort was lingering around me. As I was working on the pendulum, inside the temporal bubble, I was on my porch in Horizon, two decades hence, as my old friend Robert Dale was coming over for dinner.

"Wait...Dale is not that the young New World Order Barrabus we captured, how is he still alive in twenty years, by Tradition law he would have been...well...and staying alive that long after...ehm...how? If this new vision is correct how could that be?"
The Euthanatos raised an eyebrow in suprise.

He commented on meeting our old friend, Liv Bergen, at the Security Office, and that that reminded him of how I'd told him I wouldn't have been able to rescue her if not for an old friend in the future reminding me of how I had found a renegade Iteration X cyborg in the apartment building. If I hadn't been able to convince him to aid us, we'd likely have been killed by the ward on the door. He also commented on how his brand was aching, and how that meant trouble was brewing..."

"So this Nephandus was Branded and not Gilgulled, became a member of the Traditions and warn us to findyour Cyborg friend in the past...you where right Mr Wainwright this is getting more and more complicated."
Adjan looked down into his coffee.
"Hum...I think I am getting a headache just by hearing about it."

He pondered for a moment, "But, one thing at a time... One time at a time, even... Say, I don't suppose that Indian restaurant offers take-out? We ought to feed the prisoner, after all..."

"It do have take out love."
Freddy said.
"Do you want me to send you the number?"
She muttered.
"But then is giving the Nephandus free hands to eat and a fork a good idea?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Colin nodded, slightly smugly, "The Heart of Horizon is magnificent... and I just realized I may well have been the first living person to see her in flight."
He shook his head, clearing off the smirk, "Yes, that very same Robert Dale... I don't yet know how that came to happen, but I shall most certainly attend the trial and testify on his behalf. It just might be enough... And if you think you are getting a headache, imagine what I am going through?"
He gave Freddy his sneakiest smile, "Now, I did say feed the prisoner; that might require a little more hands-on approach. But it might be beneficial if we use a familiar taste to get her... shall we say off balance?"
He frowned for a moment, "By the way, if I could have a look at that picture... Perhaps he works at the restaurant?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Colin nodded, slightly smugly, "The Heart of Horizon is magnificent... and I just realized I may well have been the first living person to see her in flight."

"Hum...well I hope I get to see the ship one day Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said and smiled.

He shook his head, clearing off the smirk, "Yes, that very same Robert Dale... I don't yet know how that came to happen, but I shall most certainly attend the trial and testify on his behalf. It just might be enough... And if you think you are getting a headache, imagine what I am going through?"

"Well if you can get a kid of Gilgul I wish you good luck in that Mr Wainwright even if I am not sure letting a corrupted Avatar be, at times one have to show compassion, I doubt it will be that easy though, when it comes to the Fallen the Traditions are not known for their leniency, I mean we have groups that hunt down widderslainte children and...well..."
The Euthanathos sigh.
"And yes I can only imagine your headache Mr Wainwright...in fact trying to is making mine worse."
He said with a grin.

He gave Freddy his sneakiest smile, "Now, I did say feed the prisoner; that might require a little more hands-on approach. But it might be beneficial if we use a familiar taste to get her... shall we say off balance?"

"Ah so you mean feed her like a grown ass corrupted baby, well I guess that is certain parts of your vision is true then you will need some practice in feeding babies."
Freddy said with a wink.

He frowned for a moment, "By the way, if I could have a look at that picture... Perhaps he works at the restaurant?"

"I gave the phone to Adley but I took a copy of the picture just in case...one moment..."
Freddy tapped at her phone then handed it to Colin, a man with dark hair and gray eyes smiled at you from the screen, he was handsome with fine features, he looked far more Italian than Indian though but he might still work in the restaurant in question."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:04 am

Friday:

How am i supposed to know how many beings with the power to bend reality (this is, scape from me) are there in the world? We're looking for just one of them in this city...

Never been to the other chantries, i just joined this one, in fact. But some are more mystical, some are more mundane.

"I do not know who Miss day are or what most of the names you just said are Tane but sure, let us go and speak with this woman."
Lily said.
"What are the Dreamspeakers by the way, are that your Tradition?"

Henrietta Day is a Hollow One, this is, mages that follow a wide paradigm made by most of the ideas of the new age magick culture. She's also a Hedge Witch, wich means, in her words, that she's half awaken and can perform rituals but not exactly magick like us.
As for Dreamspeackers... Dreamspeackers are mages that excell in the Spiritual knowledge: we are the masters of the other worlds beyond our own and their beings, transformation in a deep level and all that means. We are along with the Akhashick (asian Mages) one of the most fragmented traditions. Most of us are old way indigenous shamans from all over the world, and we have the boundaries and ways of our people, so everyone sees the world differently. What unites us is that we see the world from a spiritual view, this is, that everything that exists is simply a part of the body of a spirit. Every flower has it's spirit, as much as every table, person or landmass, and is the spirit within it that matters and lives truly. Without the spirit of this all, nothing could exist for the very essence and existence is the spirit within.
I myself see this spirits repressented as songs, but, yoou know, all of us is different

Saturday:

Will do, then. Hey, you know where our vampire guest is?

((OOC: Never had heard in or off role of the Westchapel or Five Sisters. FUCK THERE ARE A LOT OF FUCKING NEPHANDI)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:48 am

"Ah...well I always have a couple of burner phones on me, just in case you know." Freddy said and dug around in her bag until she produced a cheap looking phone and handed it to Adley. "It should not be traceable but get rid of it once you are done with it just to be sure."

"Thank you." He took the phone and then asked, "This hospital...I wouldn't think she'd be listed there as a patient as Martha,  probably. But she might have an admission record that coincides with the timeframe, listed under an alias. We know roughly when she was noticed to be missing," he said, repeating what they'd learned from Bergen.

"Not much, she have not stored any numbers and been sure to delete anything relevant, with a bit of time I might be able to retrieve that data though the only thing on here are the number to a Indian restaurant, and one picture, just one." The Virtual Adept pressed a few buttons on the phone and brought up a photo of a good looking, dark haired man in his mid twenties that was looking into the camera and smiling. "There is nothing on the phone that indicate who he is though, but he have to be important since she have not left any other information actually in her phone." She said and handed the phone back to Adley.

He glanced at the picture on the phone, wondering if this man was a red herring or not. He seemed...besides good looking to be happy. He tried to picture this person and their captive talking and was reminded of his conversations with Hannah. He checked to see if the picture was associated with any numbers and when it had been taken.

"What if I go and speak with Morningstar's security Chief about getting help in finding the Nephandu' car and residence, Miss Adlebloom work on her phone to see what she can find out. Mr Wainwright have a talk with her, potentially bringing Dr Lee with him as back up in case of trouble and you call the hospital in Boston and see what you find and we meet back here once our respective tasks are done?"

"I'm sure that man is tired of hearing me call him up and besides I'd rather not talk on the phone for long. As for the hospital, I do wonder if someone back home might know about it. I suppose I could check first. As well, there were some ideas about calling in as a debtor or a family member, it rather depends I think how involved most of the staff might be in her imprisonment, if that's what it is."

He shook his head, "And you are quite right, Adley - there ARE many paths, as was stated about the picture. And there are many ways to be sacrificed that don't mean death..." His eyes darkened momentarily again, "And there are many forms of innocence, as well..."

"Wouldn't that be nice," he muttered. "At any rate I'd like to see the drawing at some point, Criamon are rather...they keep to themselves, and for her to come to you with something is important. But interpreting such a thing is harder and I am not giving up my hope for Beatrice or her avatar. And I do not believe it to be an idle hope or one borne only of what I've learned lately, either."

"So this Nephandus was Branded and not Gilgulled, became a member of the Traditions and warn us to find your Cyborg friend in the past...you where right Mr Wainwright this is getting more and more complicated." Adjan looked down into his coffee.

[Colin] shook his head, clearing off the smirk, "Yes, that very same Robert Dale... I don't yet know how that came to happen, but I shall most certainly attend the trial and testify on his behalf. It just might be enough... And if you think you are getting a headache, imagine what I am going through?

"I'm also not sure how such a feat would be pulled, though I do find the boy's circumstances to be extremely regrettable, even if he was a Technocrat. But we are off topic."

When Colin asked about the restaurant he raised an eyebrow, not sure where he was going with it until he talked about feeding her and then asking to see the man in the picture. "That would certainly be humiliating. I got the impression she did not enjoy the fact that she failed, though was highly willing to sacrifice her team mate if it was necessary. She seemed proud of being able to summon her spirits and 'serve her master.' Do not give her your name or any of ours...I know you are good at talking but beware. She seems all ears."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:44 am

Tane:

Friday:

How am i supposed to know how many beings with the power to bend reality (this is, scape from me) are there in the world? We're looking for just one of them in this city...

"I guess I just thought there might be lists or something."
Lily said and scratched her head.
"But then I guess I was wrong."

Never been to the other chantries, i just joined this one, in fact. But some are more mystical, some are more mundane.

"Hum...Tane, why do mages form Chantries? Is it to learn from one another or for mutual protection? A sort of safety in numbers thing?"
The young woman asked.

Henrietta Day is a Hollow One, this is, mages that follow a wide paradigm made by most of the ideas of the new age magick culture. She's also a Hedge Witch, wich means, in her words, that she's half awaken and can perform rituals but not exactly magick like us.

"There is different kinds of magick?"
Lily asked and sounded surprised then she gave a bit of a frown.
"This is getting more and more complex."

As for Dreamspeackers... Dreamspeackers are mages that excell in the Spiritual knowledge: we are the masters of the other worlds beyond our own and their beings, transformation in a deep level and all that means. We are along with the Akhashick (asian Mages) one of the most fragmented traditions. Most of us are old way indigenous shamans from all over the world, and we have the boundaries and ways of our people, so everyone sees the world differently.

"So your Traditions are shamans Tane? That is cool. Is that why you know so much about spirits?"
Lily asked she looked at the Dreamspeaker as he spoke about his Tradition.
"It sounds like that for you, a name and the box of a Tradition is more well just that, a box since others need one to put you in rather than seeing a bunch of individuals."
She mushed.

What unites us is that we see the world from a spiritual view, this is, that everything that exists is simply a part of the body of a spirit. Every flower has it's spirit, as much as every table, person or landmass, and is the spirit within it that matters and lives truly. Without the spirit of this all, nothing could exist for the very essence and existence is the spirit within.
I myself see this spirits repressented as songs, but, yoou know, all of us is different

"There are spirits in everything? I know there are elemental spirits, I have met those, hell one of them saved my life, but in tables and things as well?"
Lily asked and her eyes darted around.
"Are you saying every little thing have a spirit? That...is...well I guess it makes sense but that is a odd concept to consider."
She muttered.

Saturday:

Will do, then. Hey, you know where our vampire guest is?

"Mr Lenoe? Yes if you go back to the intersection of corridors and go down the other one you will find a storage room three doors down, he is there, but what do you want with him? He is ehm...restrained and probably sleeping given the time of day."
Amadeus wondered and glanced at the Dreamspeaker.
"Also be careful with him, his kind can be unpredictable to deal with."
He muttered and there was a look of disgust on the Master of Life's face at the thought of something that was walking around yet not being alive.

Adley:

"Thank you." He took the phone and then asked, "This hospital...I wouldn't think she'd be listed there as a patient as Martha, probably. But she might have an admission record that coincides with the timeframe, listed under an alias. We know roughly when she was noticed to be missing," he said, repeating what they'd learned from Bergen.

"Let me see what I can find out."
Freddy said and fished out her phone and started tapping at it, after a few minutes she said.
"Hum...they have allot of patients coming and going, I mean this place is storage and not treatment and by what they do to these patients they must be making them worse not better...hum yes here we go..."
The Virtual Adept muttered and frowned.
"Patient admitted on September 2...a thirty year old female, Caucasian with hazel eyes and brown hair. Patient was brought to Greenvale Heights after police stopped her from committing suicide. The patient was found without identifying papers and have been unwilling to tell nursing staff anything other than that her name is Martha, she is unable or unwilling to give her last name."
Freddy said and read up from the patient files.
"What follows are some downright brutal treatment attempts that seams more like disguised punishments to me every time she did not follow orders, electro shock, fine that is actually effective against depression, but some of the other methods here, ice cold baths, spinal taps without anesthesia, repeated injections of drugs, isolation, restraints...these guys have no idea what they are doing but anyway they seam to be on a power trip towards their patients."
Freddy said angrily then she sigh.
"Anyway that do seam to be the name she had given Martha but no last name so she is registered as a Martha Doe."
The Virtual Adept looked away upset over what she had read about the hospital's treatment methods.

He glanced at the picture on the phone, wondering if this man was a red herring or not. He seemed...besides good looking to be happy. He tried to picture this person and their captive talking and was reminded of his conversations with Hannah. He checked to see if the picture was associated with any numbers and when it had been taken.

The picture had been taken three years ago, there where no associated phone number, just the one picture.

"I'm sure that man is tired of hearing me call him up and besides I'd rather not talk on the phone for long. As for the hospital, I do wonder if someone back home might know about it. I suppose I could check first. As well, there were some ideas about calling in as a debtor or a family member, it rather depends I think how involved most of the staff might be in her imprisonment, if that's what it is."

"I can ask him if you like, about checking up on our captive's car and residence."
Adjan offered then he frowned.
"Well it depends on how we are going to go about it, we could send someone back home to try to visit the hospital but off course if they are in league with the Nephandi we do not want to send someone into danger. Now to me from what Freddy read up from the woman's file that she probably got by illegal means."
The Euthanatos said and Freddy grinned.
"It sounds to me to be a shit hole cheap mental hospital who like allot of those places have not joined the modern era yet, and Martha was just placed there either injured, confused or worse and they have just kept her as a regular patient. I would guess the staff knows nothing but you never know, such a place of suffering would also be a place that would attract Nephandi."

"I'm also not sure how such a feat would be pulled, though I do find the boy's circumstances to be extremely regrettable, even if he was a Technocrat. But we are off topic."

"That we are one problem...scratch that a handful of problems at the time."
Freddy muttered.

(OOC: Yes indeed that is allot of fucking Nephandi. Westchapel have come into play, Adley have visited it and a regular NPC Duncan lives there. The Sisters are a Chorister Ancestral Chantry and have just been mentioned in conversation.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum