Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

5 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Adley Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:15 am

"Let me see what I can find out." Freddy said and fished out her phone and started tapping at it, after a few minutes she said. "Hum...they have allot of patients coming and going, I mean this place is storage and not treatment and by what they do to these patients they must be making them worse not better...hum yes here we go...

He listened to what she found out, brow furrowed in confusion. "That does not seem like a dump job...I'm not sure it makes sense with the reasoning I was ascribing before, now. Trying to commit suicide? Where did the police pick her up? Anything in their report...hell, this is like going down another rabbit hole." He rubbed his hands through his hair. "So much for simple."

Adley

Back to top Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:57 am

"There is nothing in the hospital records about where the police picked her up, but I can see what I can find out."
Freddy said and continued to tap at her phone.
"It is never simple."
She muttered as she worked.
"Do we still want to try to contact her?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:04 am

Colin frowned, "Actually, I might have a ghost of a chance to save Mr. Dale, if I am allowed to address the right individuals - I suppose it will depend a lot on who sits in judgment, though..."
He shook his head, "The humiliation factor was not at the forefront of my mind, but the loss of certainty should we get her dinner from her favourite restaurant, as it were. Hm, it might be prudent to bring backup to the restaurant, just in case it's a Nephandi hotspot."
He grimaced as Freddy described Martha's situation, "We should really get this Greenvale Heights place closed down, by the sound of it. If it is merely patient storage, they should not even have all the, hm, therapeutic means you described available... Now, the police prevented Martha from committing suicide, and she was brought there? That does... not sound like she has her magic to me..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:43 am

Colin frowned, "Actually, I might have a ghost of a chance to save Mr. Dale, if I am allowed to address the right individuals - I suppose it will depend a lot on who sits in judgment, though..."

"It can be anyone, for a Traditionalist two thirds of the Primi have to be in attendance for the trial in a Gilgul case, but Mr Dale is not a Traditionalist so he is not protected by our laws."
Adjan said as he regarded Colin.
"The question is also if you manage to save the kid, what then, no Chantry will accept him he will be on his own no faction will take him, so how will you solve that problem Mr Wainwright?"

He shook his head, "The humiliation factor was not at the forefront of my mind, but the loss of certainty should we get her dinner from her favourite restaurant, as it were. Hm, it might be prudent to bring backup to the restaurant, just in case it's a Nephandi hotspot."

"We can ask Morningstar's security Chief about that or I can go with you."
The Euthanatos suggested.
"I do think I get the point though, right now the Nephandus expects to be tortured and mistreated, she is mentally prepared for that...kindness however she is not prepared for."

He grimaced as Freddy described Martha's situation, "We should really get this Greenvale Heights place closed down, by the sound of it. If it is merely patient storage, they should not even have all the, hm, therapeutic means you described available...

"It is not officially patient storage, but many public clinics end up like that, they get to little funds and to many patients to do any goods and places like that, just like a few other jobs that put someone in charge over the lives of others at times attract the bad seeds and places like that just do not have the mean to weed out the bad orderlies and doctors and so there is a downward spiral of decay."
Freddy said and sigh.
"You know in Germany where my family come from...well some of it anyway they actually have a pretty decent public health care system, here however the poor and unclaimed are often left to rot."
She muttered angrily.
"Well anyway I am getting off topic, yes it should be closed down...being on the streets might be better than being locked up in that place."

Now, the police prevented Martha from committing suicide, and she was brought there? That does... not sound like she has her magic to me..."

"No it do not, however let us hope that is not a permanent thing...for Nephandi or not I do not like the idea of someone...well...that someone are dumped on the streets on Boston in such a condition if it is permanent and we do not know who and why for that is quite the scary thought and if that is the case it will cause panic among mage society...so let us hope it is a drug or something suppressing this Martha's magic."
Freddy said softly.
"Hum...ah yes I have what I think is the right police rapport here...she was found by the police in Mattapan trying to open her veins with a broken bottle, by the rapport she was dirty and confused with ligature marks on her wrists and ankles, she was unable to give anything but her name. According to the rapport she did not resist the police arresting her, but she started crying when put in handcuffs. One of the officers Helena Moss believed she might have been raped or in other ways abused and wanted to take her to a woman's clinic but her superior ehm...David Jacksonville refused and they took her to Greenvale instead."
Freddy muttered.
"There is little else in here...man I know she is a Nephandus and is the enemy but I can not help but feel sorry for her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:30 pm

Colin gave Adjan a shrug, "I have no idea. However, there should be some time yet, so I just might think of something. The simple fact that by all accounts, he will become instrumental in the success of the rescue operation we just undertook..." He twitched at the grammar, "might be enough to sway at least some of the judges in question. It... might be possible to try to undo the damage to his Avatar; it's not entirely unreasonable that given his personality and understanding of an Avatar's nature, or lack thereof, he might be willing to try to help us examine a possible restoration process. It's an insanely long shot, but with the aid of Mistress Telar and miss Florentine, it just might be possible to get started."
He smiled thinly, "Kindness is only part of it - we're trying to not give her solid information in case she's somehow trying some reverse interrogation method. If we were to subtly imply - without coming out and saying so - that we know a little more about her than we actually do, it might serve to put her off balance enough to let something slip."
He nodded sadly to Freddy, "The psychiatric health care system in the US was, as I hear it, hardly horrible until the Reagan administration axed funding... I do, as you probably realize, frequent the Veterans' Association. Well, I attend the occasional meeting and help out with assorted events; RAF service doesn't qualify for USVA benefits. One of the common gripes there is the lack of mental healthcare available."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Colin gave Adjan a shrug, "I have no idea. However, there should be some time yet, so I just might think of something. The simple fact that by all accounts, he will become instrumental in the success of the rescue operation we just undertook..." He twitched at the grammar, "might be enough to sway at least some of the judges in question. It... might be possible to try to undo the damage to his Avatar; it's not entirely unreasonable that given his personality and understanding of an Avatar's nature, or lack thereof, he might be willing to try to help us examine a possible restoration process. It's an insanely long shot, but with the aid of Mistress Telar and miss Florentine, it just might be possible to get started."

"Well you are good at talking people into things Mr Wainwright, but in this case...getting a Nephandus, not a apprentice that is later discovered to be a widderslainte, but a full fledged Nephandus and a former Technocrat at that of the hook will be no mean task."
The Euthanathos seamed doubtful.
"But to preserve the timeline you are seeing it might be worth the effort. Now as for cleansing the boy's Avatar, I am not so sure, we do not even know if it is possible, and Miss Florentine, looking at her I am not so sure she is in any state to help anyone or that she will live very much longer, but there is always hoping. However yes since his Avatar will be seen as expendable, some might see experimenting on it as an acceptable risk."
He said and sigh. Freddy gave the Euthanatos a sour look.
"Experimenting on Avatars..."
She muttered and shuddered, Adjan glanced at it.
"I only mentioned it might be a possible, if unlikely path to get Mr Dale out of his dark fate Miss Adlebloom, nothing more."

He smiled thinly, "Kindness is only part of it - we're trying to not give her solid information in case she's somehow trying some reverse interrogation method. If we were to subtly imply - without coming out and saying so - that we know a little more about her than we actually do, it might serve to put her off balance enough to let something slip."

"It might, but she might also just assume we have her phone...which we do."
Freddy commented.
"Well it is worth a shot at least."

He nodded sadly to Freddy, "The psychiatric health care system in the US was, as I hear it, hardly horrible until the Reagan administration axed funding... I do, as you probably realize, frequent the Veterans' Association. Well, I attend the occasional meeting and help out with assorted events; RAF service doesn't qualify for USVA benefits. One of the common gripes there is the lack of mental healthcare available."

Freddy nodded.
"Well it is often not taken as serious as physical health."
She muttered.
"But yes it is far to poor mental health care available unless you are wealthy enough to pay for it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Colin nodded, "At this point, it's only a faint possibility... but for want of something more tangible, well..."
He gave Freddy a smirk, "She likely knows we have her phone. The question is how much she realizes we have gleaned from it - or how much she'll suspect we've learned. Out of curiosity, did you see any call pattern to that number? Any regularity that might help us determine with whom she spoke?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Colin nodded, "At this point, it's only a faint possibility... but for want of something more tangible, well..."

Adjan nodded at that.

He gave Freddy a smirk, "She likely knows we have her phone. The question is how much she realizes we have gleaned from it - or how much she'll suspect we've learned. Out of curiosity, did you see any call pattern to that number? Any regularity that might help us determine with whom she spoke?"

"She called the Indian restaurant several times a week, especially at night, it seams out Nephandus friend are fond of spicy food for all nighters."
She said and gave a slight smile.
"Sometimes it is disturbing how...normal they are, that these monsters also order take out and watch movies and have phones, it makes you realize that they are not that different from us, you know other than in ideology."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:36 pm

Colin nodded, "Nephandi are Mages whose unifying trait is that they made one very bad decision at one point... Not all of them are outright evil, it would seem; Patrick Dale certainly seems to lack the malice so often seen, and June, the apprentice of Diego, seems to favor a path of personal Oblivion, as opposed to universal Oblivion. Almost a pity June managed to slip away at the Umbral Port; I should have liked to question her..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:48 pm

Colin nodded, "Nephandi are Mages whose unifying trait is that they made one very bad decision at one point... Not all of them are outright evil, it would seem; Patrick Dale certainly seems to lack the malice so often seen, and June, the apprentice of Diego, seems to favor a path of personal Oblivion

"Some of them where duped and have not yet given in to their inverted Avatars and some of them well...they are not evil as such they are just on a path to Oblivion but do not go out of their way to cause harm, most of them though...going through the Cauls changes a person..."
Adjan muttered and Freddy nodded and sigh.

Almost a pity June managed to slip away at the Umbral Port; I should have liked to question her..."

"We would all have liked to get information from her."
Adjan said.
"Then again if she had been caught, she would have been...well you know after that questioning and from what I have heard about her, that might...well while I do not want her Avatar to be reborn it would still be a hard ting to send a woman like her to such a fate."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:48 pm

"There is nothing in the hospital records about where the police picked her up, but I can see what I can find out." Freddy said and continued to tap at her phone. "It is never simple." She muttered as she worked. "Do we still want to try to contact her?"

"There would be an associated police record, if it was a legitimate arrest. I would like to but only if it looks like I won't make more of a mess by doing so," he said. "I really do need to nail down something on Abigail but if all I have is regarding the node then it will be difficult to get assistance."

"As long as it's not a waste of time Colin, it's not like we have an abundance."

Now, the police prevented Martha from committing suicide, and she was brought there? That does... not sound like she has her magic to me..."

"No it do not...

"That would support her being dealt with by someone in the know."

One of the officers Helena Moss believed she might have been raped or in other ways abused and wanted to take her to a woman's clinic but her superior ehm...David Jacksonville refused and they took her to Greenvale instead." Freddy muttered. "There is little else in here...man I know she is a Nephandus and is the enemy but I can not help but feel sorry for her."

He frowned. It reminded him of this morning, with Nico. "She was found trying to commit suicide on the streets? Hm..."

"Some of them where duped and have not yet given in to their inverted Avatars and some of them well...they are not evil as such they are just on a path to Oblivion but do not go out of their way to cause harm, most of them though...going through the Cauls changes a person..." Adjan muttered and Freddy nodded and sigh

"I would hazard to say that if they've been through the caul under kinds of duress or for a sacrifice of love, then it -may- in some cases take a few times through the cauls to shift them. The next time they are reincarnated the impulse may be there, but perhaps they can be spared...but if they go through again, and then again...this is only speculation at this point." Then he shook his head. "In any event, Colin it looks like you are going to deal with the guest or try to. Adjan you are going to see about the peripherals, the car and so forth, and perhaps see if you can have her items looked at, is that right? I have them here."

"Hrm, Doctor Lee, you work at the main hospital, do you have any knowledge regarding this mental hospital? Ever been there?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:12 pm

"There would be an associated police record, if it was a legitimate arrest. I would like to but only if it looks like I won't make more of a mess by doing so," he said. "I really do need to nail down something on Abigail but if all I have is regarding the node then it will be difficult to get assistance."

"Hum...I am looking into what information I can find now."
Freddy said as she worked.
"Well if this Martha is Abigail's apprentice would not she be the one to know all the dirt on her mentor, I mean if I wanted dirt on the Chief...well do not take it the wrong way but then you would be the one to club over the head and torture for information."
Freddy said and gave Adley a bit of a grin.

"That would support her being dealt with by someone in the know."

"Yes it do or that at least someone along the way knew."
Freddy agreed and nodded.

He frowned. It reminded him of this morning, with Nico. "She was found trying to commit suicide on the streets? Hm..."

"Yes according to the rapport she was found trying to commit suicide with a broken bottle."
Freddy frowned.
"What I wonder about is what happened between the point where the Nephandi last saw her and she tried to off herself in the slums with a make shift weapon..."

"I would hazard to say that if they've been through the caul under kinds of duress or for a sacrifice of love, then it -may- in some cases take a few times through the cauls to shift them. The next time they are reincarnated the impulse may be there, but perhaps they can be spared...but if they go through again, and then again...this is only speculation at this point."

"Well we have seen some friendly widderslaintes, and I mean Beatrice Alexander is as sweet as they come and she is Fallen...hard as that might be to believe, and there are probably others like her, but most Fallen...well they are more monster than human."
Freddy muttered.
"It is scary to think that a Caul could turn anyone of us into that..."

Adjan you are going to see about the peripherals, the car and so forth, and perhaps see if you can have her items looked at, is that right? I have them here."

"Yes that is my plan."
Adjan said simply.
"Though the personal items I think Colin wanted if you hand me the keys I will go from there."

"Hrm, Doctor Lee, you work at the main hospital, do you have any knowledge regarding this mental hospital? Ever been there?"

(OOC: Let us say that yes Richard have heard about this mental hospital but only by rumor, it is said to be of low quality and there have been several complaints of mistreatment of patients though nothing have been proven so far.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:03 am

"Well if this Martha is Abigail's apprentice would not she be the one to know all the dirt on her mentor, I mean if I wanted dirt on the Chief...well do not take it the wrong way but then you would be the one to club over the head and torture for information." Freddy said and gave Adley a bit of a grin.

"And I would trust you or the others would consider putting a bullet in my head before letting them grab me for interrogation, if you couldn't save me from it," he said giving her a look. "But it brings up the point that she would likely be loyal to Abigail, though Larson might be another matter." He ground a knuckle against his face.

"Yes according to the rapport she was found trying to commit suicide with a broken bottle." Freddy frowned. "What I wonder about is what happened between the point where the Nephandi last saw her and she tried to off herself in the slums with a make shift weapon..."

"Very good question...perhaps the Traditions did get her, if they found her bound up, but she managed to escape..." He frowned. "What slum was it?"

"Well we have seen some friendly widderslaintes, and I mean Beatrice Alexander is as sweet as they come and she is Fallen...hard as that might be to believe, and there are probably others like her, but most Fallen...well they are more monster than human." Freddy muttered. "It is scary to think that a Caul could turn anyone of us into that..."

"I did not say they were a great number, perhaps extremely rare. As well, if we're encountering any one of them, who knows how many times they've been reborn. I just don't know, it's speculation that has some merit based on what I've learned. But yes...it is disturbing, and I'm digressing."

"Yes that is my plan." Adjan said simply. "Though the personal items I think Colin wanted if you hand me the keys I will go from there."

"Ah, sorry..." He gave him the keys and then put out the rest of the items. "The chief here wants everything back after and see if someone can make use of the samples. That reminds me that he offered somewhere to store the tass, Colin until it can be taken care of."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:29 am

Colin nodded to Adley, "You are right, time is at a premium... Freddy, how far away is that restaurant, geographically?"
He pondered, "I'm not sure if a Caul can cause so great change in one go, actually... I would speculate that while the Avatar is, well, wrung, the Mage is not significantly changed by the process. Not right away, at any rate. Patrick Dale seems to be an indication of that. I would hazard, though, that the Fallen largely are rather messed up individuals to begin with; I'm afraid the Nephandi do not have monopoly on evil, after all."
He glanced over the Nephandus' belongings, "I've already seen them; I don't think I can make much use of them... Not much to go on, really, and I'd rather not get too familiar with that dagger of hers. As for the tass, I do have an idea for its disposal, though I need to test with, well, untainted tass first. In a secure location, at that; preferably some wide open space... I think I might be able to fashion some manner of grenade-like spell with it, without processing the tass through myself... Might prove a way to tactically dispose of it without drawing too much resonance personally. I'm not asking you to give me that leftover dram of tass, if you still have it, just airing the notion. I am not touching the tainted stuff without testing the hypothesis under safer circumstances, in any case."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:57 am

I would hazard, though, that the Fallen largely are rather messed up individuals to begin with; I'm afraid the Nephandi do not have monopoly on evil, after all."

"True enough. Anyway, speculate later."

He glanced over the Nephandus' belongings, "I've already seen them; I don't think I can make much use of them... Not much to go on, really, and I'd rather not get too familiar with that dagger of hers. As for the tass, I do have an idea for its disposal, though I need to test with, well, untainted tass first...I'm not asking you to give me that leftover dram of tass, if you still have it, just airing the notion. I am not touching the tainted stuff without testing the hypothesis under safer circumstances, in any case."

"Just be careful with it, Colin. He said he could store it if you had need, for now so take him up on it if you think you need to. And it's good you're not asking for the tass, because it's gone. Still, Liv is safe and so are alive so I consider the investment a good one. As for the rest of these things, can you take it to the chief when you see him, please?" he requested to Adjan.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:14 am

"And I would trust you or the others would consider putting a bullet in my head before letting them grab me for interrogation, if you couldn't save me from it," he said giving her a look. "But it brings up the point that she would likely be loyal to Abigail, though Larson might be another matter." He ground a knuckle against his face.

Freddy gave a bit of a grim look at that and nodded.
"Yes...I would shoot you before letting the Nephandi take you or any member of the Chantry."
She said calmly.
"Or before I let the Union take anyone..."
For a moment the cheerful look she usually had vanished from her eyes and she touched her head absentmindedly.
"Well ehm...we should focus on the matters at hand."
She muttered.

"Very good question...perhaps the Traditions did get her, if they found her bound up, but she managed to escape..." He frowned. "What slum was it?"

"It do not say, it only speaks of what part of the city, but that is a pretty bad part. Mattapan, most parts of it is a shit hole."

"I did not say they were a great number, perhaps extremely rare. As well, if we're encountering any one of them, who knows how many times they've been reborn. I just don't know, it's speculation that has some merit based on what I've learned. But yes...it is disturbing, and I'm digressing."

"It is also disturbing how many like Bee the Traditions might have found and...well yes focusing on what is right in front of us right now might be wise."
Freddy muttered.

Colin nodded to Adley, "You are right, time is at a premium... Freddy, how far away is that restaurant, geographically?"

"Hum...let me see."
Freddy tapped at her phone then muttered.
"Twenty minutes by car love."

He pondered, "I'm not sure if a Caul can cause so great change in one go, actually... I would speculate that while the Avatar is, well, wrung, the Mage is not significantly changed by the process. Not right away, at any rate. Patrick Dale seems to be an indication of that. I would hazard, though, that the Fallen largely are rather messed up individuals to begin with; I'm afraid the Nephandi do not have monopoly on evil, after all."

Both Freddy and Adjan shuddered.
"Ehm love I wish you would not describe doing to and Avatar what you would do to a wet shirt."
Freddy muttered.
"Well Mr Wainwright the problem is that the Caul the way I understand it distort time, it is not just that a Nephandus get's an inverted Avatar, but by the time they come out again they have spent a thousand years in essentially hell being tortured and that changes a person. I would rather say that there are a few individuals like Mr Dale that have some goodness survive in them against all odds, not that it is the norm."
Adjan said then he added softly.
"However you are right that the Nephandi are not the only evil in this world."

As for the tass, I do have an idea for its disposal, though I need to test with, well, untainted tass first. In a secure location, at that; preferably some wide open space... I think I might be able to fashion some manner of grenade-like spell with it, without processing the tass through myself... Might prove a way to tactically dispose of it without drawing too much resonance personally. I'm not asking you to give me that leftover dram of tass, if you still have it, just airing the notion. I am not touching the tainted stuff without testing the hypothesis under safer circumstances, in any case."

"Would it not be better to keep our own Tass and let the people at this Chantry deal with the corrupted Tass, there are after all ways to do it that do not require sacrificing resources."
Adjan said and he did not sound convinced.

"True enough. Anyway, speculate later."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Yes for now let us get some things done before full dark."

As for the rest of these things, can you take it to the chief when you see him, please?" he requested to Adjan.

"Off course just give them to me and I will take care of it."
He said and waited until Adley did so then he added.
"Ok then I should go and find our host and speak with him and then get on trying to find our prisoner's car and apartment, so if there is nothing further?"
The Euthanatos slowly stood, eager to get going."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:44 am

Colin grimaced, "Twenty minutes each way, add as much in plausible waiting time... Can't spare the hour for a snack."
He nodded to Adjan, "Oh, I don't necessarily think it's something that needs to be tested today, or even in the immediately foreseeable future; just considering tactical options down the road, not necessarily relating to this particular tass... After all, time and manpower are resources, too - so a small investment for testing today might turn a costly disposal process for enemy materials into a tactical weapon instead."
He set the bag of tass on the table with the other items, "However, if the Chief offers a safe storage for the remainder of our visit, I'll be glad to not have to keep this close for the next battle."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 am

Colin grimaced, "Twenty minutes each way, add as much in plausible waiting time... Can't spare the hour for a snack."

Freddy nodded at that.
"Well I am sure you will be able to work your charm without it love."
She said and grinned.

He nodded to Adjan, "Oh, I don't necessarily think it's something that needs to be tested today, or even in the immediately foreseeable future; just considering tactical options down the road, not necessarily relating to this particular tass... After all, time and manpower are resources, too - so a small investment for testing today might turn a costly disposal process for enemy materials into a tactical weapon instead."

"Testing your theories at some point yes, once the villa Node is cleansed you will probably be able to requisition a dram or two of Tass from Chief Morgan for your experiment, but right now our resources are pretty limited and we have to try to find a way to take out this Abigail to prevent her from sending more supplies and manpower to the Labyrinth back home."
Adjan said and then he smiled.
"Well who knows, perhaps one day you will be able to help those of my own Tradition by pulling Jhor out of our system...or anyone who have become to Resonated."
He said with a bit of a sad smile.
"Well a thought for a later day."

He set the bag of tass on the table with the other items, "However, if the Chief offers a safe storage for the remainder of our visit, I'll be glad to not have to keep this close for the next battle.

"I can take it to Morningstar's Security Chief."
Adjan said and nodded.
"Well then I will see you all later, stay safe."
He said before he picked up the Nephandus' belongings and the Tass which he handeled very carefully, and left the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:20 pm

"Well ehm...we should focus on the matters at hand." She muttered.

"Yes, pardon."

"It do not say, it only speaks of what part of the city, but that is a pretty bad part. Mattapan, most parts of it is a shit hole."

He frowned. "This has become something of a mystery..."

"It is also disturbing how many like Bee the Traditions might have found and...well yes focusing on what is right in front of us right now might be wise.

"Yes, one can see if no one looks. As for Martha, this is turning out to be complicated. I will call and check in, perhaps there is news and go from there. And perhaps Colin will find something." Of course, if they'd had the man that was in the tub...but there was no use thinking of what might have been.

"Well Mr Wainwright the problem is that the Caul the way I understand it distort time, it is not just that a Nephandus get's an inverted Avatar, but by the time they come out again they have spent a thousand years in essentially hell being tortured and that changes a person. I would rather say that there are a few individuals like Mr Dale that have some goodness survive in them against all odds, not that it is the norm." Adjan said then he added softly. "However you are right that the Nephandi are not the only evil in this world."

He sighed, nodding at that. No, they weren't the only evil...still, they were a clear and present evil.

"Off course just give them to me and I will take care of it." He said and waited until Adley did so then he added.

He gave the items to Adjan, careful with the dagger. "Thank you, Adjan."

After all, time and manpower are resources, too - so a small investment for testing today might turn a costly disposal process for enemy materials into a tactical weapon instead."

"That they are."

He set the bag of tass on the table with the other items, "However, if the Chief offers a safe storage for the remainder of our visit, I'll be glad to not have to keep this close for the next battle."

"That's probably wise."

"Well who knows, perhaps one day you will be able to help those of my own Tradition by pulling Jhor out of our system...or anyone who have become to Resonated." He said with a bit of a sad smile. "Well a thought for a later day."

It might be useful for him, later as well. He was supposed to keep some sort of balance of his resonances due to the shard but that was proving rather difficult, given the circumstances. "Could be useful," he agreed.

"Well then I will see you all later, stay safe." He said before he picked up the Nephandus' belongings and the Tass which he handeled very carefully, and left the room.

"Same to you," he said, nodding as he left. "Well, then. I should get to making some calls...any way to make them safer, Freddy? And are you and the doctor going with Colin?" he asked, glancing back to the rest remaining in the room.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Colin pondered for a moment, "Do you think you could get me a printed copy of the restaurant's takeout menu, luv? I might not have the time to bring any food with me, but I can at least permit the prisoner to pick an order."
He sighed, "And I am not so sure helping clear a person's resonance will be so easy for me; I don't seem to have the first hint of talent for the Spheres pertaining to living things - I don't know if I will need that sort of understanding to distinguish between the healthy and unhealthy energies in a living being. I do, however, have a rote I use to rinse my own system, simple though it is."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:16 pm

He frowned. "This has become something of a mystery..."

"It have at that but perhaps we can find some clues eventually and sort things out."
Freddy said and sigh.

"Yes, one can see if no one looks. As for Martha, this is turning out to be complicated. I will call and check in, perhaps there is news and go from there. And perhaps Colin will find something." Of course, if they'd had the man that was in the tub...but there was no use thinking of what might have been.

"Ok hopefully we will find out how to sort out this mystery eventually."
Freddy said and rubbed her eyes.
"I will continue digging unless you guys have something else you want me to do?"

He gave the items to Adjan, careful with the dagger. "Thank you, Adjan."

Adjan just nodded at that and put the items in his pockets and gave Adley a small smile.
"I will get these things taken care of."

"Same to you," he said, nodding as he left. "Well, then. I should get to making some calls...any way to make them safer, Freddy? And are you and the doctor going with Colin?" he asked, glancing back to the rest remaining in the room.

"Well yes actually I can, I can have your calls seam to come from a public phone booth in Arizona, both magickally and mundanely."
Freddy said.
"And Ward the calls against tracing, let me get right on that it should not take to long."
She said and tapped at her phone.

Colin pondered for a moment, "Do you think you could get me a printed copy of the restaurant's takeout menu, luv? I might not have the time to bring any food with me, but I can at least permit the prisoner to pick an order."

"I could if you got me a printer, I do not have one on me, I can however send the menu to your phone love, that might be more practical."
Freddy said and smiled.

He sighed, "And I am not so sure helping clear a person's resonance will be so easy for me; I don't seem to have the first hint of talent for the Spheres pertaining to living things - I don't know if I will need that sort of understanding to distinguish between the healthy and unhealthy energies in a living being. I do, however, have a rote I use to rinse my own system, simple though it is."

"You have a rote to cleanse yourself of Resonance? If so that is quite impressive Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said.
"Well perhaps your new rote will be able to help those suffering from to much Resonance at some point..."
He muttered sounding sad and hopeful.
"Ehm..well anyway I should go...we do not have enough time."
Adjan said and headed out, looking like if something had touched a soft spot and he looked rather uncomfortable until he was out of the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:22 am

Friday:

They might be, but better people than me have them.

"Hum...Tane, why do mages form Chantries? Is it to learn from one another or for mutual protection? A sort of safety in numbers thing?"

All of them, makes everything easier and lets us pool and share resourses and protect us fro another things, have people to help over with rituals, etc.

"There is different kinds of magick?"
Lily asked and sounded surprised then she gave a bit of a frown.
"This is getting more and more complex."

Yeah, it is. Well, we make dinamic magick, that is, we choose what to do and we do. Hedge wizards, vampires and werefolk perform static magick, that is, magick contained in rituals, grimoires, etc, just like medieval idea of magick. Obviously, this is a lot more limited, but not so bad: they got less paradox, or none, in some cases.

"So your Traditions are shamans Tane? That is cool. Is that why you know so much about spirits?"

More like i'm gifted. I can do things with spirits that no other can, no other that i know of, at least. THey seem to like me a lot and i have found i can channel them easily.
The idea of the tradition is to make our practices have a voice in the council of the traditions, not much more.

"There are spirits in everything? I know there are elemental spirits, I have met those, hell one of them saved my life, but in tables and things as well?"

Yeah, why is that so strange. Most are not awakened, but that does not mean that theya ren't there. You can learn to awaken those spirits and make them get a conciousness. It's in fact not that hard. But that means that, if they're not awaken, you can't see them like you see elementals.

Saturday:

The other boy, the one with the poisoned avatar asked me for a photo of him, i'll just take a picture and i'll give it to him, then i'll get to Narim and ask him for advise about the sick bay and then i'll get some goat's fur, that prevents bedsores from beatrice's restraints and back, i'll get them to her and then i'm talking to miss Day to see if she wants or can help with getting werefolk to help in the fight... too little hours in the day, my friend. Take care of the little one in the mean time.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:55 am

"Well yes actually I can, I can have your calls seam to come from a public phone booth in Arizona, both magickally and mundanely."
Freddy said. "And Ward the calls against tracing, let me get right on that it should not take to long." She said and tapped at her phone.

"Thank you...since we're calling outside the chantry, I don't want to bring more trouble to their doorstep."

"Well perhaps your new rote will be able to help those suffering from to much Resonance at some point..." He muttered sounding sad and hopeful. "Ehm..well anyway I should go...we do not have enough time." Adjan said and headed out, looking like if something had touched a soft spot and he looked rather uncomfortable until he was out of the door.

He watched him go, frowning a little in concern as he went. "Good luck," he said. Then he glanced up at Colin. "To you too. Anything you need me to tell the others if I get them on the line?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:04 am

Tane:

Friday:

Lily just nodded at that.

All of them, makes everything easier and lets us pool and share resourses and protect us fro another things, have people to help over with rituals, etc.

"Well it do make sense...and I guess it would be nice to at least visit a place like this, be with someone who do not think I am crazy all the time."
The girl said as she glanced around the library.
"I just never imagined that something like this actually existed."

Yeah, it is. Well, we make dinamic magick, that is, we choose what to do and we do. Hedge wizards, vampires and werefolk perform static magick, that is, magick contained in rituals, grimoires, etc, just like medieval idea of magick. Obviously, this is a lot more limited, but not so bad: they got less paradox, or none, in some cases.

"Ah...so static magick is more practiced, less free to do whatever you want kind of thing?"
Lily asked then she shook her head.
"And here I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea that there actually exist vampires."
She muttered.
"And about everything else from folklore."

More like i'm gifted. I can do things with spirits that no other can, no other that i know of, at least. THey seem to like me a lot and i have found i can channel them easily.

"Hehehe you are like a spirit whisperer."
The young woman said and gave a bit of a laugh.
"It is a nice gift to have though."
She added in case Tane thought she was laughing at him.

The idea of the tradition is to make our practices have a voice in the council of the traditions, not much more.

"There is a Council...ehm like the Jedi council or something?"
She said and blushed over how her question must sound.

Yeah, why is that so strange. Most are not awakened, but that does not mean that theya ren't there. You can learn to awaken those spirits and make them get a conciousness. It's in fact not that hard. But that means that, if they're not awaken, you can't see them like you see elementals.

"Not strange I guess but very different from what I have always thought about the world, it is a nice idea though."
Lily said and looked down-
"So when they awaken they become aware of us or something?"
She asked.

Saturday:

The other boy, the one with the poisoned avatar asked me for a photo of him, i'll just take a picture and i'll give it to him, then i'll get to Narim and ask him for advise about the sick bay

"Ah I see, well ok then, just do not harm the vampire he is more or less a guest here and I have to warn you that he is kept with a stake through his heart...the picture might be somewhat gruesome."
Amadeus warned.
"Do give Narim my best."

and then i'll get some goat's fur, that prevents bedsores from beatrice's restraints and back, i'll get them to her

"Ah yes I keep healing those but she..."
The old healer closed his eyes and looked pained.
"The agony she is in comes and goes, at times she just scream and trash around, she is always in some pain but it blossoms at times and there is nothing...nothing I can do but hold her down while she screams until she loose consciousness."
He said very softly.
"And then there are the nightmares and the panic attacks where she strain her wrists."
The Verbena's hands formed fists.
"Fuck I want to help her but there is nothing I can do but keep healing her wrists and trying to get her to eat and drink...I hate this."
He muttered.

and then i'm talking to miss Day to see if she wants or can help with getting werefolk to help in the fight... too little hours in the day, my friend. Take care of the little one in the mean time.

"Hum...Miss Day have contacts among the fera? Most interesting but yes I will take care of Bee and the Mercere, take care Tane and thank you."
The old mage said and gave a thin smile.

Adley:

"Thank you...since we're calling outside the chantry, I don't want to bring more trouble to their doorstep."

"Ok...one moment..."
Freddy said and she pressed several apps on her phone.
"There you go, the burner phone is now in Arizona for everyone who checks and the phone itself is warded."
She said she was obviously fast when it came to magick, well with what she had put up in advance, setting rotes up though took a long time.

He watched him go, frowning a little in concern as he went. "Good luck," he said.

"You as well my friend."
Adjan said before he closed the door behind him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:05 am

Tane:

Friday:

Lily just nodded at that.

"Well it do make sense...and I guess it would be nice to at least visit a place like this, be with someone who do not think I am crazy all the time."
The girl said as she glanced around the library.
"I just never imagined that something like this actually existed."

"Ah...so static magick is more practiced, less free to do whatever you want kind of thing?"
Lily asked then she shook her head.
"And here I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea that there actually exist vampires."
She muttered.
"And about everything else from folklore."

"Hehehe you are like a spirit whisperer."
The young woman said and gave a bit of a laugh.
"It is a nice gift to have though."
She added in case Tane thought she was laughing at him.

"There is a Council...ehm like the Jedi council or something?"
She said and blushed over how her question must sound.

"Not strange I guess but very different from what I have always thought about the world, it is a nice idea though."
Lily said and looked down-
"So when they awaken they become aware of us or something?"
She asked.

Saturday:

The other boy, the one with the poisoned avatar asked me for a photo of him, i'll just take a picture and i'll give it to him, then i'll get to Narim and ask him for advise about the sick bay

"Ah I see, well ok then, just do not harm the vampire he is more or less a guest here and I have to warn you that he is kept with a stake through his heart...the picture might be somewhat gruesome."
Amadeus warned.
"Do give Narim my best."

and then i'll get some goat's fur, that prevents bedsores from beatrice's restraints and back, i'll get them to her

"Ah yes I keep healing those but she..."
The old healer closed his eyes and looked pained.
"The agony she is in comes and goes, at times she just scream and trash around, she is always in some pain but it blossoms at times and there is nothing...nothing I can do but hold her down while she screams until she loose consciousness."
He said very softly.
"And then there are the nightmares and the panic attacks where she strain her wrists."
The Verbena's hands formed fists.
"Fuck I want to help her but there is nothing I can do but keep healing her wrists and trying to get her to eat and drink...I hate this."
He muttered.

and then i'm talking to miss Day to see if she wants or can help with getting werefolk to help in the fight... too little hours in the day, my friend. Take care of the little one in the mean time.

"Hum...Miss Day have contacts among the fera? Most interesting but yes I will take care of Bee and the Mercere, take care Tane and thank you."
The old mage said and gave a thin smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next