Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 Empty Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:19 pm

(OOC: Adley and Colin have just finished their conversation with Tyler. Tane is having dinner with Henrietta, Lily, Alessa and Coawa on Friday and are just about to ask Henrietta's help in Avatar shard picking. Happy gaming everyone.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Adley Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:49 pm

He pondered, "The holding cells - how far away are they from, say, the sewer mains, or any other similarly large subterranean passageways? Also, are they actually underground? You might want to hear with your latest guest whether he's able to quietly remove large chunks of concrete - he could be an asset to such an operation."
"Tian? Well I will ask him and see what he can do, however if he comes with us on this operation would not that mean your ehm...faction? You have factions the way I understand it, that your side would try to kill or capture him?"
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I would suggest you look up the underground areas as a possible access route, then. And yes, I'm afraid any of ours, if we were to cross his path, would be required to attempt to kill or capture the young man...but it can't hurt you to ask him, can it?"

Adley thought about the sewer angle and then enlisting Tian's help. He frowned a bit at that but once they resolved some of the ideas, he said, "One more thing, perhaps for your Nosferatu contact to use as a distraction. I heard that there was an exchange of peace hostages...and that the one given to Abigail was Nicolai's Childer being kept staked. I doubt that Nicolai or the Prince know of her condition, so they are unlikely to be pleased. Your guest and your ah, friend may know more about that, than I, if you choose to make use of that."

Anything more is idle speculation requiring conferring with others who have the answers we need. Godspeed, ma'am, and... I hope this works out, for both our cities' sakes."

"Good luck," he said as he ended the call. He could well understand Tyler's feelings. It was not as if rescuing an ancient Tremere (that is avatar recognized from its past) from his own society with a bunch of anarchists (who seemed far more honorable than he'd expected) exactly ranked up there with things he'd ever expected to deal with, but that was what happened when the Nephandi mixed everything together into a muddle in their pursuit of screwing thing up for everyone in existence. If anything this week was about expecting unexpected things to happen and working on making the unexpected work in their favor and not against it.

[quote]After the call was hung up, he quickly drew a circle on a page, sketching a ribbon of glyphs to match the energy flows he'd sensed from the hand gestures when Morgan had performed them, then placed the page over the bowl, and the folded pages inside the circle, waving his Chaos wand in a circular pattern over the papers, "Iunctiae disrumpo et diffugit"...He worn pages, unfolding them and looking them over, showing them to Adley, "I think I've got this figured out. And good grief, does it itch..."

He watched him do the working and tried to figure out ahead of time what he was up to. Soon enough though he saw the pages decay before his eyes. "Interesting. I would still burn it, looks like you got it though, or something like it," he agreed. He looked at him and smiled. "I'm glad to hear there's an itch, it means there's something there that wants to be scratched still. Well, it looks like we've got a lot of work to do and several tasks to handle. Perhaps we should find the Chief first as I don't know where to find his apprentice, and see if the younger one is safe...?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Adley thought about the sewer angle and then enlisting Tian's help. He frowned a bit at that but once they resolved some of the ideas, he said, "One more thing, perhaps for your Nosferatu contact to use as a distraction. I heard that there was an exchange of peace hostages...and that the one given to Abigail was Nicolai's Childer being kept staked. I doubt that Nicolai or the Prince know of her condition, so they are unlikely to be pleased. Your guest and your ah, friend may know more about that, than I, if you choose to make use of that."

"Hum...well Nicolai are fond of and protective of his Childer, I doubt the Prince will care much, but yes if our little Tremere where to catch wind of this that might indeed stir some things up, one more thing to talk with Tian about then, I should probably go and find him, and my friend, she will not be pleased to hear this either."
Tyler said.
"I will see what I can do with this Mr Roth Hicks."

Well, it looks like we've got a lot of work to do and several tasks to handle. Perhaps we should find the Chief first as I don't know where to find his apprentice, and see if the younger one is safe...?"

You did not have to go and look for Chief Joakim for he opened the door to the classroom and silently went inside, he noted that the call was over and sigh, he did not look pleased with himself.
"Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright, I do apologize, running out like that was not professional."
The hedge wizard said though he was still rather pale.
"How did the rest of the call go? Again I do apologize for my...behavior."
He muttered.
"It give a terrible impression of me and this Chantry."
He said sounding dismayed then he took a deep breath to steady himself.
"In either case I got a call from Miss Kelly, one of those who is driving the cars back, they will be here soon but they met some trouble among the way, apparently two unaffiliated Orphans where attacked or attempted recruited by the Nephandi but they got away and called for help, they are being brought here as we speak as we can not just leave them out there alone as targets...it do seam our Fallen friends are getting rather desperate for new members though."
He muttered.
"So did you learn anything else from the conversation?"
He said though he still seamed shameful for running out. You also see Kristina and Isabella right outside the door peeking in to see if it was ok for them to come back in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:15 pm

"Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright, I do apologize, running out like that was not professional." The hedge wizard said though he was still rather pale. "How did the rest of the call go? Again I do apologize for my...behavior." He muttered. "It give a terrible impression of me and this Chantry."

"Are you alright sir? I did not at first understand...the potential impact of what was said that distressed you in particular, not that much we heard was easy to hear of course. Have you checked up on everyone?" he asked, wondering if he'd tracked down the apprentice.

"In either case I got a call from Miss Kelly, one of those who is driving the cars back, they will be here soon but they met some trouble among the way, apparently two unaffiliated Orphans where attacked or attempted recruited by the Nephandi but they got away and called for help, they are being brought here as we speak as we can not just leave them out there alone as targets...it do seam our Fallen friends are getting rather desperate for new members though."

"I'm glad to hear that they were not harmed, though if the Nephandi are picking mages up off the street now things have gotten pretty bad. They'll have to be checked over in case the Nephandi managed to work them without their knowledge...yes, we did find out quite a bit and there are several things that need to be accomplished. We have details of Abigail's labyrinth as well as her plan to juice the node at the Tower. In fact, the builder of her new labyrinth seems to be the vampire that is over at Lavender, so if she is any state to speak she could be helpful, if she were so inclined. As well, my contact and her group have agreed to help free the vampire elder that they are planning to use to sacrifice in order to make tass for the node. That tass would then be sent to do the next ritual, I think you heard that much yourself. However, I need to finish arrangements back home for her first before she can maneuver directly. Also, we need to get Tian's family secured..." He looked over as he saw the others peering in and stopped talking for a moment. "Did you wish to talk about this with the others present, or get a briefing on it first then invite them back?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:46 pm

"Are you alright sir? I did not at first understand...the potential impact of what was said that distressed you in particular, not that much we heard was easy to hear of course. Have you checked up on everyone?" he asked, wondering if he'd tracked down the apprentice.

"I am...fine, thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim said a bit hesitantly.
"Well distressing or not I am the Chief of Security of this fine Chantry and I should not run off like an scolded apprentice even if something said hit a little to close to home..."
He said though he still sounded upset though he was holding a iron control of himself.
"Everyone at the Chantry are fine for now."
He informed you in reply to your question.

"I'm glad to hear that they were not harmed, though if the Nephandi are picking mages up off the street now things have gotten pretty bad. They'll have to be checked over in case the Nephandi managed to work them without their knowledge...

"Agreed and they will be examined. They managed to run for help, an powerful Orphan Master of the Art that lives in Gary and she is accompanying them here, we will have them checked out when they arrive, I just hope the venerable Madam Bachmier is not going to be a problem, she had some...trouble with the Traditions and her son some years ago and she have never trusted us and she is very protective of the Orphans that comes to her for aid...well be that as it may, we will deal with that issue when we get to it."
Joakim said and gave a tired sigh.

yes, we did find out quite a bit and there are several things that need to be accomplished. We have details of Abigail's labyrinth as well as her plan to juice the node at the Tower.

"Good, do we have enough information to move against the Labyrinth? Ah yes that Node something needs to be done about it, how are she planning to juice it up as you put it Mr Roth Hicks?"

In fact, the builder of her new labyrinth seems to be the vampire that is over at Lavender, so if she is any state to speak she could be helpful, if she were so inclined.

"I do not know what condition the vampire is in, I have ehm...bought her, and she is being transported here along with one of Lavender's Deacons who is taking part in the meeting about our construction yard Node and whatever or not it can be used to fight the Nephandi during our current crisis since well, unless we stop these two damned crazy Fallen bitches then there will be little point in arguing about the Node. I will let you know when the vampire prisoner is here."

As well, my contact and her group have agreed to help free the vampire elder that they are planning to use to sacrifice in order to make tass for the node. That tass would then be sent to do the next ritual, I think you heard that much yourself.

"Hum...good, I will need to organize a strike force then the last thing we need is for Abigail and Larson to get more power."
Joakim said then his eyes darkened.
"Yes indeed I heard as much myself."
He muttered.

However, I need to finish arrangements back home for her first before she can maneuver directly.

"Ah yes my filius are down in one of the ritual rooms right now setting up a spell for you to be able to communicate with your home Chantry safely. I can take you there once we are done here."
The Security Chief informed you.

Also, we need to get Tian's family secured..."

"We do at that, we should send a team to go and get them as soon as we have figured out who to send."

He looked over as he saw the others peering in and stopped talking for a moment. "Did you wish to talk about this with the others present, or get a briefing on it first then invite them back?"

"No, no by all means come in ladies, I do trust them."
Joakim said and indicated that the two women could come in. Kristina and Isabella walked back into the room, they gave the Chief a worried look but did not ask, instead they settled down on chairs to let you continue informing him on what had been discussed during the phone call.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Colin smiled smugly, "Perhaps I should have tossed a tass of the entropic tass into the equation and burned the whole thing with shard of primal energy? Remind me to teach you that trick. Or perhaps I'll show you when I get ranked next."
He picked up the page with the circle, looked at it for a moment, then wrapped it around the loose pages and pocketed the bundle until he could find a good place to burn it all.
He bowed slightly to Joakim when he returned, "No need to apologize, Sir; if I heard someone as close to me were... well, I doubt I would have done any different. How is he?"
He frowned, "Those salvaged Orphans could, as Adley pointed out, be... influenced. Sleeper agents, even. Then again, if that were the case, I'd hazard the story wouldn't mention the Fallen at all. Still, better safe than sorry..."
He arched an eyebrow, "Wait, Bachmeier? Greg Bachmeier's mother?"
He grimaced at Joakim's description of the vampire's sutiation, "After seventy years, there seems to me to be a good chance the poor thing is quite insane... However, we do have the address to the place, and the location where it would be safer to enter the building; in any case, I'd wager the Labyrinth has... changed somewhat since those days. Here, at least, is the laundry list we managed to get - numbers, rough locations of interest, that sort of thing."
He handed Joakim a short list of the numbers of denizens in the Labyrinth - the rough calculations of the Fallen who were alive, dead, off to Boston or otherwise, the werebears, the Other Things, and the nodes and stores. "I hope this helps for setting up the strike team - and whoever goes ought to have the blade, just in case, to befuddle those demonspawn."
He sighed, "Also, I suggested to the vampire that she might ask for the Fallen boy's help when it comes to breaching the defenses on the cells where the Elder they're to extract is kept. With the understanding that if any of us go along on that errand, we have no choice but to try to kill or capture Tian - but that it might be possible that he knows how to provide some quiet means of removing the concrete without being present; a held spell, or something similar. That should, I think, still be legal."
He pulled the little bundle of notes out of his pockets, "Oh, yes, I don't suppose there's a good place nearby to burn these?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Colin smiled smugly, "Perhaps I should have tossed a tass of the entropic tass into the equation and burned the whole thing with shard of primal energy? Remind me to teach you that trick. Or perhaps I'll show you when I get ranked next."

"I'm not as talented as you are with the arts of fate, at least not yet. I do not know the art other than in a general understanding. It seems you have a knack for it...though I understand the use of Prime. I'm sure by then you'll have a few tricks to show me," he said with a small smile.

I just hope the venerable Madam Bachmier is not going to be a problem, she had some...trouble with the Traditions and her son some years ago and she have never trusted us and she is very protective of the Orphans that comes to her for aid...well be that as it may, we will deal with that issue when we get to it."
e frowned, "Those salvaged Orphans could, as Adley pointed out, be... influenced. Sleeper agents, even. Then again, if that were the case, I'd hazard the story wouldn't mention the Fallen at all. Still, better safe than sorry..."

"It troubles me they in particular were found by the Nephandi..." He looked at Colin and then added, "Additionally, a general warning to keep children in, especially young awakened girls for the time being might be in order. Perhaps you said you were going to do that sir, forgive me if you had said already."

"Good, do we have enough information to move against the Labyrinth? Ah yes that Node something needs to be done about it, how are she planning to juice it up as you put it Mr Roth Hicks?"

"By turning one of the originally turned Tremere into, as my contact put it, a Duracell battery," he said with a scowl. "There are a few things that we should do before we move on the Labyrinth. And it should be stated that Abigail herself is extremely powerful in the ars mens, those she has...interacted with, and used often are left in a poor state. We should keep that..." He suddenly stopped talking and looked at Colin as something else clicked, or at least possibly. "She may have been influencing...certain people and we would not know, but it does seem like she has the power to destroy a mind entirely" he said, thinking of how D'Angelo had come back, according to Nico, 'drunken.' And then the woman had, it seemed tampered with potions. "If it is possible our would-be guests should be checked for disguising arts and mental primings...hopefully they will consent to such given the danger."

"I do not know what condition the vampire is in, I have ehm...bought her, and she is being transported here along with one of Lavender's Deacons who is taking part in the meeting about our construction yard Node and whatever or not it can be used to fight the Nephandi during our current crisis since well, unless we stop these two damned crazy Fallen bitches then there will be little point in arguing about the Node. I will let you know when the vampire prisoner is here."

"Getting it out of the open is going to be necessary and as soon as possible is best; if they find that place and decide to taint that one instead as a plan B, then it will not be good."

"Ah yes my filius are down in one of the ritual rooms right now setting up a spell for you to be able to communicate with your home Chantry safely. I can take you there once we are done here."

"Good, thank you," he said with an nod.

"No, no by all means come in ladies, I do trust them." Joakim said and indicated that the two women could come in...

Adley nodded at the pair of them as they came back and then listened as Colin provided him with the intelligence they'd managed to get from Tian.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:03 pm

He bowed slightly to Joakim when he returned, "No need to apologize, Sir; if I heard someone as close to me were... well, I doubt I would have done any different. How is he?"

Joakim seamed confused for a moment and raised an eyebrow.
"He? Oh You believe that the one the bloody would be world destroyer is after is my young apprentice...or that I suspect so, he is fine he is still playing chess with Jerome's boy, no my reaction was not over him..."
The hedge wizards said.
"Yes it is true the Nephandi according to Mr Silverberg is looking for a former mage, a old hedge wizard who lost his Avatar to a vampire...well my apprentice who is neither old nor is his condition due to vampires...he was placed with me however because...I might be the one person in the Traditions most suited to see if one such as he can learn hedge magic...for I was...well it do not matter I do not think Thomas is the one they are looking for but what the young Nephandus was saying hit a little close to home...please forgive me."
Joakim said and shuddered.

He frowned, "Those salvaged Orphans could, as Adley pointed out, be... influenced. Sleeper agents, even. Then again, if that were the case, I'd hazard the story wouldn't mention the Fallen at all. Still, better safe than sorry..."

"Yes they will have to be checked over, I do believe their story, I believe they where attacked and got away but as you say Mr Wainwright, better safe than sorry."
The hedge wizard said and drew a deep breath to get back to the topic at hand.

"Yes the very same, you have heard of her son then, poor boy, and his mother is a courageous woman to attack six fully trained Hermetic Masters to give her boy a chance to flee, she is quite the woman, now she fights for the rights of Orphans."
He said and nodded in approval over the Orphan Master of the Art.

He grimaced at Joakim's description of the vampire's sutiation, "After seventy years, there seems to me to be a good chance the poor thing is quite insane... However, we do have the address to the place, and the location where it would be safer to enter the building; in any case, I'd wager the Labyrinth has... changed somewhat since those days. Here, at least, is the laundry list we managed to get - numbers, rough locations of interest, that sort of thing."

"There is a good chance she is quite insane yes but I thought it worth a shot, a the very least we might be able to set the poor creature free or...if she is to far gone bring her some peace."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.
"Yes the information this builder have might no longer be relevant but still getting information from the one who built the place, if that part is true would be valuable, even so with an address we can start to plan our attack, so where is this Labyrinth located my good man?"

He handed Joakim a short list of the numbers of denizens in the Labyrinth - the rough calculations of the Fallen who were alive, dead, off to Boston or otherwise, the werebears, the Other Things, and the nodes and stores. "I hope this helps for setting up the strike team - and whoever goes ought to have the blade, just in case, to befuddle those demonspawn."

"I agree about the blade Mr Wainwright...hum we are going to need someone fast for the were...bears? Well why am I surprised I had a conversation with a mermaid yesterday evening, we need someone good at dealing with spirits...and someone to back them up...Knox...perhaps...and Bess...Kelly perhaps...hum..."
He muttered as he went over some ideas for the strike team in his head.
"This Cotta that is mentioned I have heard about before, he was captured a few years ago but managed to escape, seriously wounded two of my men in the process, she is a dangerous woman...the other names here I have never heard but that might be a good thing."
He said with a wry grin.

He sighed, "Also, I suggested to the vampire that she might ask for the Fallen boy's help when it comes to breaching the defenses on the cells where the Elder they're to extract is kept. With the understanding that if any of us go along on that errand, we have no choice but to try to kill or capture Tian - but that it might be possible that he knows how to provide some quiet means of removing the concrete without being present; a held spell, or something similar. That should, I think, still be legal."

"It is legal...in the gray area og legality but legal...however we have people at this Chantry capable of doing what you want to ask that little Fallen Verbena to do, that might be safer for everyone involved, but how will getting concrete out of the way help in freeing this creature you say will be sacrificed to further the Nephandi's goals?"
The hedge wizard said and frowned.

He pulled the little bundle of notes out of his pockets, "Oh, yes, I don't suppose there's a good place nearby to burn these?"

"Three doors down there is another classroom, it have a old fireplace, that should serve your purpose I think my good man."
Joakim said and pointed further down the hallway.

"It troubles me they in particular were found by the Nephandi..." He looked at Colin and then added, "Additionally, a general warning to keep children in, especially young awakened girls for the time being might be in order. Perhaps you said you were going to do that sir, forgive me if you had said already."

"It do trouble me that these Orphans where found Mr Roth Hicks, but they live on their own without the protection of a Chantry so they would be easy targets unfortunately. Now as for the warning about keeping our youngest inside and well guarded, I have sent a message about that by Mercere currier to all the Chnatries in the Tribunal, we can not let the Nephandi get their hands on any of our children."

"By turning one of the originally turned Tremere into, as my contact put it, a Duracell battery," he said with a scowl.

"I see, that is not good."
The Security Chief said and matched your scowl with one of his own.

There are a few things that we should do before we move on the Labyrinth. And it should be stated that Abigail herself is extremely powerful in the ars mens, those she has...interacted with, and used often are left in a poor state. We should keep that..."

"Hum...that can become a problem..."
Joakim said with a frown.
"We need some good protections then, we should move on the Labyrinth as soon as possible though..."
He added then raised and eyebrow as you trailed of.

He suddenly stopped talking and looked at Colin as something else clicked, or at least possibly. "She may have been influencing...certain people and we would not know, but it does seem like she has the power to destroy a mind entirely" he said, thinking of how D'Angelo had come back, according to Nico, 'drunken.' And then the woman had, it seemed tampered with potions. "If it is possible our would-be guests should be checked for disguising arts and mental primings...hopefully they will consent to such given the danger."

"I will ask Lady Crexia's assistance in the matter, if there is anything wrong with the minds of our guests she will be able to find it, after all the woman is a Archmaster of Mind, few can best her when it comes to that."
Joakim said then he sigh.
"Yes hopefully the Orphan girls and their guardian will agree and see the necessity."

"Getting it out of the open is going to be necessary and as soon as possible is best; if they find that place and decide to taint that one instead as a plan B, then it will not be good."

"Agreed, and I hope the Deacons will see it the same way."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:30 pm

"Yes it is true the Nephandi according to Mr Silverberg is looking for a former mage, a old hedge wizard who lost his Avatar to a vampire...well my apprentice who is neither old nor is his condition due to vampires...he was placed with me however because...I might be the one person in the Traditions most suited to see if one such as he can learn hedge magic...for I was...well it do not matter I do not think Thomas is the one they are looking for but what the young Nephandus was saying hit a little close to home...please forgive me."

Adley gave a confused look to them both. "Then, sir do forgive me for asking...but would you know who they might be looking for?"

"It do trouble me that these Orphans where found Mr Roth Hicks, but they live on their own without the protection of a Chantry so they would be easy targets unfortunately. Now as for the warning about keeping our youngest inside and well guarded, I have sent a message about that by Mercere currier to all the Chnatries in the Tribunal, we can not let the Nephandi get their hands on any of our children."

"It pains me to say, though I think you had sent such a note before we knew the extent of things, but until we know how the Mercere became infiltrated in the first place we should use caution employing it. Of course, I know the couriers themselves would be the first to want to secure their own system but we're still not sure how the post office came to be targeted so...acutely."

"I see, that is not good." The Security Chief said and matched your scowl with one of his own.

"The plan is thus: take this elder and turn him into a large amount of entropic tass by means of a ritual. The Prince's general course for executions seem to be that they take place at dawn, so it seems that is still on the timeline but it is being checked. For now he is being held staked at a ghoul's villa away from their Elysium, under guard of vampires and possibly some of Abigail's people and magick and ghouls. We need to get him out of there..."

"I will ask Lady Crexia's assistance in the matter, if there is anything wrong with the minds of our guests she will be able to find it, after all the woman is a Archmaster of Mind, few can best her when it comes to that." Joakim said then he sigh. "Yes hopefully the Orphan girls and their guardian will agree and see the necessity."

"I suggest that those go in, if they can have mental protections of some kind...there are also two outsider spirits and an aggressive fire elemental. Having encountered an outsider that seemed similar to the one described, I can say they are very disruptive. They prey on all the weaknesses you think you have, all your own doubts, things that were not clear...and pick you apart from the inside out and try to drown you in your own despair. Distractions of this type would be poor in combination with a mind mage and other offenses. The spirits attack anyone that cannot use Dragon's Tongue...and they have expected shielding over the place against us and our intrusion."

"Agreed, and I hope the Deacons will see it the same way."

"Given what the alternative will mean for us, I hope that they will not even need much persuasion. It is a tactical move..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:24 pm

Adley gave a confused look to them both. "Then, sir do forgive me for asking...but would you know who they might be looking for?"

For a for moments the hedge wizard did not reply then after a long while he muttered.
"Yes Mr Roth Hicks...I know who they might be looking for."
He said and sat down into a chair with a heavy sigh and glanced out the window.
"Me..."
He added softly.
"Long ago...centuries ago...I made the mistake of befriending a Tremere vampire...It was just before the Traditions formed, we did not really know what an Deamon...and Avatar was, only that more and more heard their Faunt talk to them...mine never did though...I was a proud war mage and he was the offspring and apprentice of Tremere I was sent to kill him but...through events that would take far to long to tell right now...we became friends instead and I thought him a good and loyal companion and he was...in his way but then I died...it was in a battle against the early Order of Reason, I took down my share of the bastards but one of their archers hit me in the stomach, hit me bad. I remember...pain first, and then numbness and then darkness...and then..."
Joakim drew a deep breath.
"Pain...far more pain than that arrow..."
He added softly and there was a few moments more before he managed to speak again.
"I do not know how Etrius found out, perhaps he was there to lend a hand, but I awoke in agony to the sound of angry voices...my Cabal shouting and asking what the vampire was doing, their horrified cries when they saw me, and then Etrius fighting for his life and fleeing. My Cabal took care of me, though I begged them to kill me, and they found this old Verbena witch or the Tradition was called the Old Faith back then, that where rumored to be able to raise the dead. I had been...dead for so long before Etrius gave me his blood, there was a chance they said that if these new ideas that the Faunt was a live and walked between lives where true perhaps it had left me, perhaps it was alive and would come back if I returned to life...I was willing to try anything and so the witch worked her magick, and it worked. They say it takes three days before the curse of vampireism fully set, perhaps that is what made the witch succeed for I was a vampire for only two, or perhaps she was simply that powerful...but I was returned to life but my Faunt...it never returned. I pray every day that my Faint left my body and is living in a new Host somewhere, that it was not shattered, I can not believe that it was shattered...but whatever had happened to it I...was left powerless and there was only one thing I wanted, one thought that kept me alive...I wanted revenge against the one I had called friend so I threw myself over the books, hoping that perhaps it was true what some had begun to speak about, that there where two types of mage, and if I had lost the ability to be one perhaps I could be the other. It was not easy but I learned...the magic I now learned was more static, there where more rules but it was powerful and I was initiated back into the Order and back into House Flambeau as a second degree...and all the time I continued to study to one day get powerful enough to kill Etrius and here I am...alive...seven hundred years later...so yes Sodalis I know who the damned Nephanda is looking for...I know all to well..."
Joakim ended his tale and for a while he looked out through the window then he said softly.
"So that is why they sent Thomas to me...so that I could see if I could teach another without an Avatar hedge magic, or if I am unique..."
There was pain in the old hedge wizard's voice as he looked out into the darkness beyond the window glass.
"I did not run out during the phone call due to fear...I ran because I was reminded of my past and my self control slipped for just a moment and I let my emotions bubble to the surface...it will not happen again."
He muttered harshly.

"It pains me to say, though I think you had sent such a note before we knew the extent of things, but until we know how the Mercere became infiltrated in the first place we should use caution employing it. Of course, I know the couriers themselves would be the first to want to secure their own system but we're still not sure how the post office came to be targeted so...acutely."

"Yes indeed we did not know at the time I sent the warning so I will also call to the Chntries to make sure they received the messages, but to even suspect the Mercere of not being loyal...or that they are infiltrated or corrupted in some way, this is a black day for our Order indeed Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim said sadly.
"Damnation take those Nephandi!"

"The plan is thus: take this elder and turn him into a large amount of entropic tass by means of a ritual. The Prince's general course for executions seem to be that they take place at dawn, so it seems that is still on the timeline but it is being checked. For now he is being held staked at a ghoul's villa away from their Elysium, under guard of vampires and possibly some of Abigail's people and magick and ghouls. We need to get him out of there..."

"Hum...agreed...we need to get that creature out."
Joakim said and the tale he had just told and the memories they brought forth did not make his non existent love for Clan Tremere any better.
"We can not allow him to be used to strengthen the Nephandi, very well what do we need to go and get him?"
He said eager to get things moving.

"I suggest that those go in, if they can have mental protections of some kind...there are also two outsider spirits and an aggressive fire elemental. Having encountered an outsider that seemed similar to the one described, I can say they are very disruptive. They prey on all the weaknesses you think you have, all your own doubts, things that were not clear...and pick you apart from the inside out and try to drown you in your own despair. Distractions of this type would be poor in combination with a mind mage and other offenses. The spirits attack anyone that cannot use Dragon's Tongue...and they have expected shielding over the place against us and our intrusion."

"Perfect...absolutely perfect...well then we need some mental defenses indeed. I will discuss this with Lady Crexia as well, and some wards to defend our people, do you have any good idea for how to deal with this Labyrinth gentlemen and ladies? How to get past these defenses? One of our first priorities would be to banish or kill those Outsider spirits...so we should bring a Master of Ars Spiritus with us..."
The hedge wizard mushed.

"Given what the alternative will mean for us, I hope that they will not even need much persuasion. It is a tactical move..."

"My fine young man you have had the good fortune I hear not to have had to deal with many stubborn old mages more concerned with their politics then reason or survival, yes giving the tass for the Node to the cause to stopping the Fallen's plan is the tactical thing to do, but that do not guarantee that the Chantry leaders will see it so."
The old linear mage said and he sounded quite frustrated.
"But we shall see and we shall hope for the best."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:47 am

((OOC: Fuckering post-eating son of a... Augh! Sad ))

Colin smiled, "The Arts of Fate aren't important to that little bit of... meta-magic, I suppose. It'll be a great benefit to us all if I can teach it to you; it would certainly save me a bit of work whenever Morgan gathers up another truckload of entropic tass... And it'll be handy whenever you need to soften the blow from a spell, if you can work quickly enough."
He nodded sagely, "Good catch, Adley - I'd guess Abigail has kept an eye on the two... others for some time now."
Colin listened quietly to Joakim, then nodded, "That's quite understandable, then... Best keep your personal history a secret, and... it's entirely possible Etrius acted out of compassion, trying to save a friend from death, from how you told the story. As I understand the Tremere - the original ones, at least - they are perhaps the loneliest of vampires; they remember having someone, something living with them inside their soul, and that is forever lost to them... His actions might be understandable, as such, even if they're not pardonable. I... gather you never found him, then? Oh, don't mistake my pity for agreeing with them; they made a horrible mistake; in fact, a series of them, but I still feel some measure of sympathy."
He nodded, "I've never met Greg Bachmeier personally, but I understand I have him to thank for saving my Cabalmate the other day... I believe I owe Madame Bachmeier a measure of gratitude for making it possible."
He sighed, "The Labyrinth is under 56th Street; a manhole in front of the old cinema. That's a kill zone, though. There's a steel door leading to a maintenance room a little ways east of there, though; that's where the entrance, and those Outsider guards are. As for the werebears, it's regrettable that I have neither the time nor the workshop access needed to fashion some silver bolts for Mrs. Knox - that would likely prove efficient... failing that, I suppose a machinegun or something similar should be efficient. And, of course, I can work my magic on the nodes and the tass stores; set them off in a blaze of... well, I'll probably accrue some Paradox, and anyone in those rooms is probably going to experience sudden and acute nonexistence, but we're not entirely weaponless."
His eyes darkened a little at Adley's description, "Those Outsider things... their effect can be fought; it's a simple thing, of sorts... it's just not easy. It's a lot like hopping in the cockpit for a strike mission when you've seen firsthand how a bomb site looks, before they've cleared it up and removed the bodies. I can do it without any difficulty, but... I still have to face myself after I land. I can delay the issues dealt, but not deny them."
He grinned wryly, "Sorry, I seem to have skipped a point or two; the Elder Tremere is held in a cell in a storm cellar. Adley's contact is investigating how close those cells are to the water and sewer mains. If it's possible to get into the cells from the side or below, it should be possible to abscond with the vampire without alerting the Prince's guards. That way, it might be possible to pull the situation off without having anyone the Prince can easily point fingers at - a lack of proof of treason, if you will. If the Fallen boy is able to provide that particular bit of assistance, it will simplify things for us - meaning that any aid we send won't necessarily need to include someone with that praticular skill, allowing for more... general support capability. And conservation of our resources, of course."
He pondered, "Best make sure Lady Crexia only looks for any implanted anomalies when examining those Orphans... I suspect if Abigail managed to put anything in there, it'll have a nasty bite when poked."
He grinned wryly, "You could always suggest to the Deacons that if they don't come to an agreement in regards to the Node, that will necessitate taking steps to ensure the Nephandi can't take advantage of its status of legal limbo to use it, either. No further details, just enough to impress on them how dire the situation is. I'm sure none of the Deacons want to be remembered for being the one who voted against an agreement, with the result being a Node being set to bleed itself dry for an indeterminate amount of time... Oh, no permanent damage, I'm sure, just no available power from the Node for a looooong time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:36 am

Colin smiled, "The Arts of Fate aren't important to that little bit of... meta-magic, I suppose. It'll be a great benefit to us all if I can teach it to you; it would certainly save me a bit of work whenever Morgan gathers up another truckload of entropic tass... And it'll be handy whenever you need to soften the blow from a spell, if you can work quickly enough."

"Well, I shall endeavor to be a good student then, as soon as we've got the opportunity to work on it. I look forward to it."

He nodded sagely, "Good catch, Adley - I'd guess Abigail has kept an eye on the two... others for some time now."

"Could be," he nodded.

"Yes Mr Roth Hicks...I know who they might be looking for." He said and sat down into a chair with a heavy sigh and glanced out the window. "Me...so yes Sodalis I know who the damned Nephanda is looking for...I know all to well..."

Perhaps it should have been obvious but it hadn't been. "I am...deeply sorry for your past suffering. And that this Nephandus seeks to use you so is damnable. It seems you are finding ways to teach hedge magick though," he said and frowned. "We will not let them use you so, sir. That they even know about this angle at all is bad enough."

Colin listened quietly to Joakim, then nodded, "That's quite understandable, then... Best keep your personal history a secret, and... it's entirely possible Etrius acted out of compassion, trying to save a friend from death, from how you told the story. As I understand the Tremere - the original ones, at least - they are perhaps the loneliest of vampires; they remember having someone, something living with them inside their soul, and that is forever lost to them... His actions might be understandable, as such, even if they're not pardonable. I... gather you never found him, then? Oh, don't mistake my pity for agreeing with them; they made a horrible mistake; in fact, a series of them, but I still feel some measure of sympathy."

"Etrius...yes, as Colin asked, did you find him?"

"Yes indeed we did not know at the time I sent the warning so I will also call to the Chntries to make sure they received the messages, but to even suspect the Mercere of not being loyal...or that they are infiltrated or corrupted in some way, this is a black day for our Order indeed Mr Roth Hicks."

"It's not known there is any individual that was disloyal nor would I point any figures. Rather, until there is any reason to think so, it may be that because some of the Nephandi know the system having been a part of it before they became barraus, they simply abused their past knowledge and the patterns that the network relies on to keep things running smoothly."

"Hum...agreed...we need to get that creature out." Joakim said and the tale he had just told and the memories they brought forth did not make his non existent love for Clan Tremere any better. "We can not allow him to be used to strengthen the Nephandi, very well what do we need to go and get him?" He said eager to get things moving.

"Something to fight vampires...and before you say fire, since we are having some assistance -from- vampires, throwing around fireballs might not be a good idea. Especially not if the villa sits on a civilian block. We should scope the location out as well..." he started, thinking back to their recent conflicts.

His eyes darkened a little at Adley's description, "Those Outsider things... their effect can be fought; it's a simple thing, of sorts... it's just not easy. It's a lot like hopping in the cockpit for a strike mission when you've seen firsthand how a bomb site looks, before they've cleared it up and removed the bodies. I can do it without any difficulty, but... I still have to face myself after I land. I can delay the issues dealt, but not deny them."

"Yes, you can hold it at bay but there is always the chance of it distracting you, or in combination with other magick...it would be better to get rid of them. Plus, they truly ought not to -be- here on this plane."

"Perfect...absolutely perfect...well then we need some mental defenses indeed. I will discuss this with Lady Crexia as well, and some wards to defend our people, do you have any good idea for how to deal with this Labyrinth gentlemen and ladies? How to get past these defenses? One of our first priorities would be to banish or kill those Outsider spirits...so we should bring a Master of Ars Spiritus with us...

"If it is an Aegis...well, I doubt you have on hand a large amount of premium," he said with a shake of his head and a glance at Colin. "Also, we need to keep this place secure. I know you think it is very secure already and likely under normal circumstances you'd be right but if we're out doing strikes, given what we know now, we could probably use a little extra defense. Also, if we hit the Labyrinth here, I admit concern that if Abigail escaped she'd go directly to Boston." He frowned.

"My fine young man you have had the good fortune I hear not to have had to deal with many stubborn old mages more concerned with their politics then reason or survival, yes giving the tass for the Node to the cause to stopping the Fallen's plan is the tactical thing to do, but that do not guarantee that the Chantry leaders will see it so." The old linear mage said and he sounded quite frustrated. "But we shall see and we shall hope for the best."

"Forgive me for being blunt but there won't be any 'board' for them to play their 'political games upon' if we don't stop this," he said, sounding frustrated as well. "And the fact that it could help the Fallen cause seems to me to imply that military intervention could be called upon if necessary?"

He grinned wryly, "You could always suggest to the Deacons that if they don't come to an agreement in regards to the Node, that will necessitate taking steps to ensure the Nephandi can't take advantage of its status of legal limbo to use it, either. No further details, just enough to impress on them how dire the situation is. I'm sure none of the Deacons want to be remembered for being the one who voted against an agreement, with the result being a Node being set to bleed itself dry for an indeterminate amount of time... Oh, no permanent damage, I'm sure, just no available power from the Node for a looooong time."

"That would be a terrible waste of resources," he said with a frown.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:37 am

Colin listened quietly to Joakim, then nodded, "That's quite understandable, then... Best keep your personal history a secret, and...

"I usually do, but for personal reasons, when I tell anyone I generally either get looked at like a zoo animal, like something strange and exotic, or worse they look at me with pity, thank you Mr Wainwright for reacting in neither of those two ways."
The hedge wizard said then he sigh and nodded.
"But yes keeping it a secret seams to be even more important now yes."

it's entirely possible Etrius acted out of compassion, trying to save a friend from death, from how you told the story. As I understand the Tremere - the original ones, at least - they are perhaps the loneliest of vampires; they remember having someone, something living with them inside their soul, and that is forever lost to them... His actions might be understandable, as such, even if they're not pardonable.

"He did act out of compassion, he did and to his credit at that point in time it was not known what an Avatar was, they where looked at as a Faunt, a magick organ if you want that gave you access to the Quintessence pool and little else, but even so I can not forgive him. That said though, it is not just for revenge that I want to kill him...yes I also want to bring him peace, for the friend he once was for yes he is lonely all the original Tremere are they paid a terrible price for their foolishness..."
Joakim said his eyes darkening as he spoke.

I... gather you never found him, then? Oh, don't mistake my pity for agreeing with them; they made a horrible mistake; in fact, a series of them, but I still feel some measure of sympathy."

"Finding him is not the problem Mr Roth Hicks...defeating him is, and no I have not yet been able to. Yes I do pity him and the rest of the original Tremere...though that is perhaps wrong of me, when I abhor to be given pity myself."

He nodded, "I've never met Greg Bachmeier personally, but I understand I have him to thank for saving my Cabalmate the other day... I believe I owe Madame Bachmeier a measure of gratitude for making it possible."

"I see, I am sure the good lady will be pleased to hear that, with her son being what he is, most are afraid of him, hearing kind words about him might lighten her mood."

He sighed, "The Labyrinth is under 56th Street; a manhole in front of the old cinema. That's a kill zone, though. There's a steel door leading to a maintenance room a little ways east of there, though; that's where the entrance, and those Outsider guards are.

"It sounds like it might prove to be difficult to get into that Labyrinth alive indeed...we need a good plan to take out Abigail's defenses or we will just be sending our men and women to die."
Joakim said with a concerned frown.

As for the werebears, it's regrettable that I have neither the time nor the workshop access needed to fashion some silver bolts for Mrs. Knox - that would likely prove efficient... failing that, I suppose a machinegun or something similar should be efficient.

"I can handle a crossbow Mr Wainwright I was a vampire hunter once, but Rosario is far better than me, she never misses, however the problem is having the time to use a slow weapon against a werecreature, a machine gun with enchanted ammunition will be more effective...that or time magick to slow them down."
Kristina said and raised and eyebrow. Isabella winced when she mentioned having been a vampire hunter and the Verbena gave her an apologetic look.

And, of course, I can work my magic on the nodes and the tass stores; set them off in a blaze of... well, I'll probably accrue some Paradox, and anyone in those rooms is probably going to experience sudden and acute nonexistence, but we're not entirely weaponless."

"I shall embrace the stereotype of my House and say that at times I am fond of a good blaze of hellfire however we need to get into the Laberynth first before you can set of the Nephandi's Nodes and other resources am I right?"
Joakim asked.
"At least we have a plan for what we can do to cause some damage once we are there."

"Hum...we need to send someone with combat experience then, someone strong of will."
Joakim muttered.

He grinned wryly, "Sorry, I seem to have skipped a point or two; the Elder Tremere is held in a cell in a storm cellar. Adley's contact is investigating how close those cells are to the water and sewer mains. If it's possible to get into the cells from the side or below, it should be possible to abscond with the vampire without alerting the Prince's guards. That way, it might be possible to pull the situation off without having anyone the Prince can easily point fingers at - a lack of proof of treason, if you will. If the Fallen boy is able to provide that particular bit of assistance, it will simplify things for us - meaning that any aid we send won't necessarily need to include someone with that praticular skill, allowing for more... general support capability. And conservation of our resources, of course."

"I would still feel better relaying on our own people than a Nephandus Mr Wainwright. Your plan however is a sound one, my only concern though is that they might have allied themselves with a mage from the Labyrinth, for if they have then well, that willworker will feel the attempt to alter the composition of the floor."
The Security Chief said and he sounded a bit doubtful.
"Hum...that being said I do like the idea of snatching the prisoner without anyone being the wiser and if joining us on this put Mr Roth Hick's contact in danger then perhaps we should handle it ourselves so she is not implicated in any plot against her own."

He pondered, "Best make sure Lady Crexia only looks for any implanted anomalies when examining those Orphans... I suspect if Abigail managed to put anything in there, it'll have a nasty bite when poked."

"Oh I would not dream to try to tell the good lady how to do her work Mr Wainwright. I am sure she will be cautious and careful."
Joakim said with a bit of a grin.

"That would be a terrible waste of resources as your Cabalmate said but yes I will tell them."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Well at least the politics here is not as bad as they are on Horizon so hopefully these upstanding lords and ladies will see reason and we can come to an agreement on how to use that tass to kick Abigail and her minions ass and send them back to hell where they belong."

Perhaps it should have been obvious but it hadn't been. "I am...deeply sorry for your past suffering. And that this Nephandus seeks to use you so is damnable. It seems you are finding ways to teach hedge magick though," he said and frowned. "We will not let them use you so, sir. That they even know about this angle at all is bad enough."

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks...and I have no intention to let myself be used as host or prison for a bloody Aswadim."
Joakim said sounding angry.
"I am no one's tool and especially not the Nephandi!"
He added then his eyes and voice softened a bit.
"Yes...Thomas learns slowly but he...learns and I saw a flicker of life in his eyes when he managed to conjure up a spark in his hands, just a spark but it was enough to give him hope. Hedge magic can not replace the loss...but it gives something back, something to be passionate about and live for..."
He said softly.
"But yes that the Nephandi know about this bother me, not many do, I do not like to announce it, as a hedge wizard I am looked down on, the least thing I would need is pity on top of that."
He said and frowned.
"They have to have agents withing the Traditions that have found out about it for them."

"Etrius...yes, as Colin asked, did you find him?"

"Oh yes a couple of times and I had my ever so static ass handed to me on a platter, he let me live after the fight though and even seamed...amused or pleased, perhaps he is hoping I one day will become powerful enough to end him."
The Security Chief said in a hard tone of voice.
"And one day I will."

"It's not known there is any individual that was disloyal nor would I point any figures. Rather, until there is any reason to think so, it may be that because some of the Nephandi know the system having been a part of it before they became barraus, they simply abused their past knowledge and the patterns that the network relies on to keep things running smoothly."

"Hum...yes you are right, we need to find out about this though. The Order needs to know it can rely on the Red Caps, they are our backbone."
Joakim said referencing the old saying that House Mercere was the backbone of the Order.
"For now though we will just have to be careful."

"Something to fight vampires...and before you say fire, since we are having some assistance -from- vampires, throwing around fireballs might not be a good idea. Especially not if the villa sits on a civilian block. We should scope the location out as well..." he started, thinking back to their recent conflicts.

"If we have the time I could give you both a quick lesson on how to deal with a vampire."
Kristina said.
"If there is not then know these things, do not try to use a stake as a meele weapon, unless you are extremely strong or know exactly what you are doing, it will not work. Now vampires heal but a destroyed body part still slow them down and break the concentration on their powers as they do feel pain. I recommend either high caliber bullets or machine guns and focus on taking out their arms and legs, then once they are down stake them before they get a chance to heal."
The Verbena said sounding like she talking about making toast for her kids. Isabella looked more and more uneasy.
"If you are good with a sword taking their head of works but that really get you to close to them unless you are very skilled, stick with bullets, oh and Prime enchant everything, it prevent their healing. Primium is good to if you can get your hands on it."
She said and patted one of her daggers.

"Yes, you can hold it at bay but there is always the chance of it distracting you, or in combination with other magick...it would be better to get rid of them. Plus, they truly ought not to -be- here on this plane."

"Spirit magick it is then."
Joakim said.
"I will ask one of our Masters to join the strike team, it will be useful as well if one of the Nephandi are to wounded to survive being taken back here to be sent to Horizon and needs to be dealt with on the spot."
He continued and this time it was Kristina's turn to look uneasy.
"Gilgul on the go...perfect."
She muttered.

"If it is an Aegis...well, I doubt you have on hand a large amount of premium," he said with a shake of his head and a glance at Colin.

"Well actually...funny you should mention that...the Deacon Prima of a small Chantry in town, well years ago she was kidnapped by the Union and converted, but the brain washing did not stick and she came back to our side, but her body...well let us just say there are some fairly large amounts of Primium there but as the Traditions have treated her like shit since she came back...the question is whatever or not she is willing to help."
Joakim informed you.
"But we could ask."

"Also, we need to keep this place secure. I know you think it is very secure already and likely under normal circumstances you'd be right but if we're out doing strikes, given what we know now, we could probably use a little extra defense. Also, if we hit the Labyrinth here, I admit concern that if Abigail escaped she'd go directly to Boston." He frowned.

"I agree, defenses on the Chantry have to be raised, in fact defenses on all the Chantries in Chicago and Gary should be improved just in case the Nephandi decide to strike. Also yes Abigail have to be killed or preferably captured or she will just be a greater problem later."
Joakim agreed and nodded.

"Forgive me for being blunt but there won't be any 'board' for them to play their 'political games upon' if we don't stop this," he said, sounding frustrated as well. "And the fact that it could help the Fallen cause seems to me to imply that military intervention could be called upon if necessary?"

"Don't I know it young man, but the Traditions are what they are and there is always politics. Now as I said I hope they will see reason. Lady Crexia for example is a reasonable woman, however there are nothing in the law that allow for military intervention as you put it, but it might be worth the forthcoming punishment to do it anyway, you know to save the world."

"That would be a terrible waste of resources," he said with a frown.

Joakim just nodded at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Colin grinned, "Well, they say the mark of a great teacher is a readiness to learn..."
He nodded to Joakim, "You have earned pity for your loss, but you compensate for your loss it in ways I simply cannot possibly match your ability - and for that you have earned as much respect as pity, if not far more. The Tremere, though... cope with their loss in less productive ways, it seems, so for them I can reserve pity first."
He smiled thinly, "Perhaps, also, Etrius is glad that someone finds him worth the emotional investment... That someone actually cares whether he lives or dies. Not everyone is so fortunate."
He grinned at Adley, "Sorry, I seem to be fresh out of renegade cyborgs... Though, Lady Crexia did mention the Deacon Prima who was... severely modified by the Technocrats. A highly skilled researcher and engineer, as I understand it, but as Chief Joakim here just said, her... other-than-human state has left her subjected to some contempt and distrust by the Traditions. It's entirely plausible that my approaching her with a petition for assistance may be our best bet, what with me not being... burdened with affiliations, as it were."
He nodded, "It's not a concern about the handling of a crossbow, Sir; my thought was in regards to the ammunition - being a silversmith, I could easily fashion bolts to serve against the Changing Folk - but there's no time for that. I'm given to understand the... silver allergy is rather consistent among Fera."
He flexed his fingers, "True enough, i need line of sight to the... reserves in question, so demolishing their logistics will be the easy part. Although, I suspect that I could as easily set up the equivalent of an automated prime bolt turret in any of the locations, creating a rather hostile work environment. It would be a little tricky to set up anything resembling aiming, but I think I could pull it off..."
Colin grimaced along with Kristina, "I really disapprove of that spell... I can have a cavalier attitude about my own brush with it, but I can't extend that attitude to others."
He shook his head, "True, setting the Node to run itself dry for a while would be a terrible waste of resources - but if the node stands without clear ownership, there's a greater chance the Fallen will tap into it, and as such, resource denial seems the best choice. It would in any case not be permanent, I think - nor necessarily vulgar, in fact."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:56 pm

He nodded to Joakim, "You have earned pity for your loss, but you compensate for your loss it in ways I simply cannot possibly match your ability - and for that you have earned as much respect as pity, if not far more.

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and sigh he looked out the window for a moment more before he collected himself to continue with the meeting.

The Tremere, though... cope with their loss in less productive ways, it seems, so for them I can reserve pity first."
He smiled thinly, "Perhaps, also, Etrius is glad that someone finds him worth the emotional investment... That someone actually cares whether he lives or dies. Not everyone is so fortunate."

"Yes had Tremere and his apprentices come to the Order when their experiment failed so horribly and told the other Houses what had happened the Founder and his brood would have been treated with great compassion, but when their reaction was to damn well near turn the entirety of House Tremere into vampires...well no that is nto a very good way to cope with it."
Joakim said then he gave a bit of a smile.
"Yes perhaps he do. I know I would have in his situation so you might be right Mr Wainwright, you might be right."

He grinned at Adley, "Sorry, I seem to be fresh out of renegade cyborgs... Though, Lady Crexia did mention the Deacon Prima who was... severely modified by the Technocrats. A highly skilled researcher and engineer, as I understand it, but as Chief Joakim here just said, her... other-than-human state has left her subjected to some contempt and distrust by the Traditions. It's entirely plausible that my approaching her with a petition for assistance may be our best bet, what with me not being... burdened with affiliations, as it were."

"I have heard young man that you are very skilled at getting others to see things your way, so indeed you might just be the one to send to speak with Deaconess Darnell, she might listen to you."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Yes indeed she is a skilled researcher and engineer but the Traditions have not been kind since she returned, now she run a small chantry of...outcasts, men and women the Traditions deem unworthy."

He nodded, "It's not a concern about the handling of a crossbow, Sir; my thought was in regards to the ammunition - being a silversmith, I could easily fashion bolts to serve against the Changing Folk - but there's no time for that. I'm given to understand the... silver allergy is rather consistent among Fera."

"It is rather common, but not all fera have silver as the metal they are sensitive to, most do seam to have that allergy as you call it though, but to a greater and a lesser degree, werewolves get weaker just by it's presence and can be burned by it's touch in some forms, other fera might react differently, then again there is not that many different kinds of fera I have met, wolves, two rats and a raven for the most part and foxes as they tend to gravitate towards mages since they for some reason can learn hedge magic..."
Kristina mushed.
"Oh and a Selkie...but they might not actually be fera, she did not feel that way. Anyway my mentor studied with a werebear master healer for a while through so she might know more about what they have an issue with."
The young Verbena continued.

He flexed his fingers, "True enough, i need line of sight to the... reserves in question, so demolishing their logistics will be the easy part. Although, I suspect that I could as easily set up the equivalent of an automated prime bolt turret in any of the locations, creating a rather hostile work environment. It would be a little tricky to set up anything resembling aiming, but I think I could pull it off..."

"A prime bolt turret, now that I like."
Joakim said and grinned.
"Mr Roth Hicks why have you not tried to recruit this gentleman to our House?"
He asked Adley with a wink.
"Anyway so what we need is to get you close to the Labyrinth's Node or Tass reserves then Mr Wainwright...that still leaves the problem of how to get in."
Joakim said as he looked thoughtful.
"We need a way to protect our people from the Labyrinth's defenses as we move in and also a way to make sure the Nephandi inside and especially Abigail do not escape...hum that reminds me, do we have any idea about how this woman look like?"

Colin grimaced along with Kristina, "I really disapprove of that spell... I can have a cavalier attitude about my own brush with it, but I can't extend that attitude to others."

"I am not to fond of it either Mr Wainwright. I kind of feel that we are children playing with matches, destroying beings we just do not understand."
Kristina said and frowned. Joakim's eyes grew hard.
"I do not appreciate it either but if it is that or letting Abigail or her like be reborn...there are few choices available."
The hedge wizard said darkly.
"I do however well understand how cruel it is."

He shook his head, "True, setting the Node to run itself dry for a while would be a terrible waste of resources - but if the node stands without clear ownership, there's a greater chance the Fallen will tap into it, and as such, resource denial seems the best choice. It would in any case not be permanent, I think - nor necessarily vulgar, in fact."

"Draining a Node do not destroy it, time will refill it, however I hate to waste vis in such a way."
Joakim said and looked dismayed.
"But it is better than letting our enemies have it, if a sensible solution can not be found."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:09 pm

Colin smiled, a bit sadly, "I've met enough people through the Veterans' Association to know that a lot of people who have been through quite figurative Hell don't feel they have anyone to care... One of the many great tragedies of the American military complex, I'm afraid."
He chuckled, "My skill at persuasion might just be aided by my predilection for trying to understand the viewpoint of the person with whom I am speaking. Most people, Sleeper or Awakened, are quite simple to figure out; everyone first wants a feeling of dignity and agency, and after that, kindness, respect, understanding, and so on. Everyone wants something - though not everyone wants something for themselves."
He grimaced, "I guess that merely shows that a lot of Traditionalists have some cabers thoroughly embedded up their..."
He cleared his throat, "Nevermind that. I'd be glad to go visit Deaconess Darnell, in any case."
He nodded, "Rokea... weresharks aren't fond of silver, either, but the one I've met did at least not object to the others' cutlery around the table, even if he had to be offered stainless steel instead."
He arched an eye, "Werefoxes, though? That sounds... rather like a hazardous prospect, considering how foxes always turn out to be tricksters of some sort in the stories, from Reynard the Fox to the Japanese Kitsune... Any truth to that stereotype?"
He let out a quick laugh, "I've been a Mage for 25 years, Sir... By the time I found the Traditions properly, I'd already figured out too much on my own to be easily put under someone's tutelage... In fact, there've been a few comments about anyone apprenticing me needing a weekly regimen of longevity draughts. And some suggestions of preferring to teleport into Mecha naked, with a big 'Kick Me' sign strapped to their backs... It seems I'm not good for the blood pressure of anyone trying to teach me what I can or cannot do."
He hemmed for a moment, "As for Abigail... we do know what she looks like. Well, partially, at least - we know her face is scarred; quite severely, apparently. Enough so that it's a distinct feature, just like mine."
He nodded thoughtfully and grimaced, "True, if the only alternative is to let her like be reborn to cause more havoc later... but we're on the precipice of figuring out how to revert an Avatar; I'm certain of it - if there's a chance widderslainte can be born, and then cleanse their Avatars of the damage from the Caul, do we really have the right to deny them that chance? Ah, but the Council won't see it that way, will they? Damn it all..."
He sighed, "Well, if we're lucky, that drainage will only be a threat never acted upon. But if scorched earth is the only available tactic for preventing the Fallen from accessing the quintessence, we don't really have much of a choice, do we?"
He pondered for a moment, "Hum, as a stray thought, I wonder if a Node could be Awakened, like some of Master Harris' computers?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Colin smiled, a bit sadly, "I've met enough people through the Veterans' Association to know that a lot of people who have been through quite figurative Hell don't feel they have anyone to care... One of the many great tragedies of the American military complex, I'm afraid."

"Yes this nation do not take good care of their veterans."
Joakim said and nodded.
"It is quite sad, even if I do not always agree with the wars this country engage in, these men and women do not deserve to be tossed aside like that."

He chuckled, "My skill at persuasion might just be aided by my predilection for trying to understand the viewpoint of the person with whom I am speaking. Most people, Sleeper or Awakened, are quite simple to figure out; everyone first wants a feeling of dignity and agency, and after that, kindness, respect, understanding, and so on. Everyone wants something - though not everyone wants something for themselves."

"Hum...it is not a unwise way to go about it Mr Wainwright, everyone want something and if you can figure out how to give them that, or at least give them a sense that they are respected and listened to, I imagine that many will be willing to do quite a bit for you."
The hedge wizard muttered.
"Well in either case I hear you are good at it."

He grimaced, "I guess that merely shows that a lot of Traditionalists have some cabers thoroughly embedded up their..."
He cleared his throat, "Nevermind that. I'd be glad to go visit Deaconess Darnell, in any case."

"Yes indeed many Traditionalist do seam to suffer from that affliction."
Joakim said and offered a bit of a grin.
"I will give you the address to Miss Darnell's Chantry, it is friendly but please do remember that everyone there have been mistreated by the Traditions in some way so they might be rather reserved."

He nodded, "Rokea... weresharks aren't fond of silver, either, but the one I've met did at least not object to the others' cutlery around the table, even if he had to be offered stainless steel instead."

"I have never met a Rokea but they are said to be magnificent warriors."
Kristina said and smiles.
"So it is silver with them as well...interesting."

He arched an eye, "Werefoxes, though? That sounds... rather like a hazardous prospect, considering how foxes always turn out to be tricksters of some sort in the stories, from Reynard the Fox to the Japanese Kitsune... Any truth to that stereotype?"

"To a certain degree, they are tricksters but they have honor and they will not betray their allies."
Kristina said.
"I find them to be quite wise and knowledgeable but yes the Kitsune, which are their name, will run a joke on you if they get the chance to."

He let out a quick laugh, "I've been a Mage for 25 years, Sir... By the time I found the Traditions properly, I'd already figured out too much on my own to be easily put under someone's tutelage... In fact, there've been a few comments about anyone apprenticing me needing a weekly regimen of longevity draughts. And some suggestions of preferring to teleport into Mecha naked, with a big 'Kick Me' sign strapped to their backs... It seems I'm not good for the blood pressure of anyone trying to teach me what I can or cannot do."

"Ha...well after some of the stunts you have pulled here Mr Wainwright, even if those stunts have indeed paid off I can see how such lavish compliments could be afforded you."
The old hedge wizard said and he seamed quite amused.
"That said you are a good warrior, and you think on your feet, all good qualities for a member of House Flambeau even if your magick is a little different."

He hemmed for a moment, "As for Abigail... we do know what she looks like. Well, partially, at least - we know her face is scarred; quite severely, apparently. Enough so that it's a distinct feature, just like mine."

"I see...hum...well then, and I hope you will not feel offended at my words Mr Wainwright, she might be easy to identify in the Labyrinth so targeting her if she is there should not be a problem...after all while we want the entire place gone, Abigail herself is our primary target for elimination."
Joakim said and gave Colin a look, he did not want to hurt the Orphan's feelings.

He nodded thoughtfully and grimaced, "True, if the only alternative is to let her like be reborn to cause more havoc later... but we're on the precipice of figuring out how to revert an Avatar; I'm certain of it - if there's a chance widderslainte can be born, and then cleanse their Avatars of the damage from the Caul, do we really have the right to deny them that chance? Ah, but the Council won't see it that way, will they? Damn it all..."

"No, the Council will not see it that way, at least not until this method to cleanse Avatars are there on the table and proven to work, and perhaps not even then."
Joakim said and sigh.
"So we have to use what tools are available to us."
The hedge wizard said sadly.
"Even when those tools are cruel and horrible."

He sighed, "Well, if we're lucky, that drainage will only be a threat never acted upon. But if scorched earth is the only available tactic for preventing the Fallen from accessing the quintessence, we don't really have much of a choice, do we?"

"No, we do not, and we have to do what we have to, but let us hope we are lucky and that our fighting leaders can be brought to see reason so we do not have to do anything drastic with the Node."
The Security Chief agreed.

He pondered for a moment, "Hum, as a stray thought, I wonder if a Node could be Awakened, like some of Master Harris' computers?"

"I suppose that it can Mr Wainwright. I have never heard about an awakened Node but everything have a spirit, this pen, the chair you are sitting on...everything and those spirits can in theory be made self aware, at least in some Paradigms."
Joakim said then he looked puzzled and raised and eyebrow.
"Why do you ask?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:29 pm

"But yes that the Nephandi know about this bother me, not many do, I do not like to announce it, as a hedge wizard I am looked down on, the least thing I would need is pity on top of that." He said and frowned. "They have to have agents withing the Traditions that have found out about it for them."

"Yes...Ah, that reminds me! I need to secure a drop off and pick up point for a deposition from Tian. He is providing some documentation for us."

"He did act out of compassion, he did and to his credit at that point in time it was not known what an Avatar was, they where looked at as a Faunt, a magick organ if you want that gave you access to the Quintessence pool and little else, but even so I can not forgive him. That said though, it is not just for revenge that I want to kill him...yes I also want to bring him peace, for the friend he once was for yes he is lonely all the original Tremere are they paid a terrible price for their foolishness..."Finding him is not the problem Mr Roth Hicks...defeating him is, and no I have not yet been able to. Yes I do pity him and the rest of the original Tremere...though that is perhaps wrong of me, when I abhor to be given pity myself."

"I see," he said with a frown. "Well sir you are still here and I admire, not pity, the fact that despite what happened to you, you found a way to still serve House Flambeau. It seems though that Etrius is not quite ready for your offer of peace..."

He glanced over at Isabella and then back to Joakim. "I think that I can understand...that." He still had no idea what it would be like to see Carmon as a vampire but he figured it would not be a welcome development for his avatar and himself to experience together. Nor did he have any idea what would happen after this, maybe he would hate him as much as Joakim hated Etrius, for similar reasons. "I'm not sure if it will make any immediate problems but...given your history, I feel I should tell you my avatar remembers this Elder from before the days of the House Fall. You will forgive me for hoping that he does not hold a grudge, should he recognize me, though it is possible he will not."

"It sounds like it might prove to be difficult to get into that Labyrinth alive indeed...we need a good plan to take out Abigail's defenses or we will just be sending our men and women to die." Joakim said with a concerned frown.

"The other option is to try to draw her out. It will need very specific bait..."

"Hum...that being said I do like the idea of snatching the prisoner without anyone being the wiser and if joining us on this put Mr Roth Hick's contact in danger then perhaps we should handle it ourselves so she is not implicated in any plot against her own."

"Yes, while she is willing to do that, I find that she seems to be an important counterpoint in vampire society. At least as far as I understand it...in other words, better her to be around than Lodin, for what my opinion on the matter is worth. At least right now."

"If we have the time I could give you both a quick lesson on how to deal with a vampire."
Kristina said.
"If there is not then know these things, do not try to use a stake as a meele weapon, unless you are extremely strong or know exactly what you are doing, it will not work. Now vampires heal but a destroyed body part still slow them down and break the concentration on their powers as they do feel pain. I recommend either high caliber bullets or machine guns and focus on taking out their arms and legs, then once they are down stake them before they get a chance to heal."
The Verbena said sounding like she talking about making toast for her kids. Isabella looked more and more uneasy.
"If you are good with a sword taking their head of works but that really get you to close to them unless you are very skilled, stick with bullets, oh and Prime enchant everything, it prevent their healing. Primium is good to if you can get your hands on it."

"We'll need stakes, some assault rifles or machine guns, armor piercing preferably premium or enchanted rounds, and enchanted blades, and some tass it seems. I can use a sword but as you said, in combination with very fast, powerful vampires it could make a difficult match," he admitted. He looked at Isabella and the Verbena. "I have...a question which might seem a bit odd and do forgive me if it seems somewhat unpleasant. Given the circumstances, though it might be good to know. When I have looked at vampires I can see there is prime that basically seems to have enchanted their blood, keeping them able to move. There is a rote someone told me about recently that causes extreme pain due to interference of the way that prime moves through the body. It won't kill someone but it is supposed to be quite agonizing. Would this work on vampires as well, as they can feel pain? Or werecreatures for that matter?"

"A prime bolt turret, now that I like." Joakim said and grinned. "Mr Roth Hicks why have you not tried to recruit this gentleman to our House?" He asked Adley with a wink

He laughed. "I have actually; well, at least I've asked him enough times if he was sure he was not actually a Flambeau," he teased. "I'm sure I'm not the only one. He remains stubbornly independent, and though that is a loss to the House I cannot complain as he does come up with unique ways of doing things."

"You know, my House is more forgiving than others when it comes to accepting older students but you are...ornery," he agreed, though he made it sound like a compliment.

"Well actually...funny you should mention that...the Deacon Prima of a small Chantry in town, well years ago she was kidnapped by the Union and converted, but the brain washing did not stick and she came back to our side, but her body...well let us just say there are some fairly large amounts of Primium there but as the Traditions have treated her like shit since she came back...the question is whatever or not she is willing to help."

He raised an eyebrow at that. "Hrm, well I do think that you would be the best candidate for the job, amicus. If she is willing, it could be the help we need."

"We need a way to protect our people from the Labyrinth's defenses as we move in and also a way to make sure the Nephandi inside and especially Abigail do not escape...hum that reminds me, do we have any idea about how this woman look like?"

He closed his eyes and thought of the pictures he'd seen and which one he thought was Abigail by the descriptions he'd heard from their various interactions. Any flicker of recognition he'd had over them, from where they'd found Molly in order to add to Colin's description.

"Don't I know it young man, but the Traditions are what they are and there is always politics. Now as I said I hope they will see reason. Lady Crexia for example is a reasonable woman, however there are nothing in the law that allow for military intervention as you put it, but it might be worth the forthcoming punishment to do it anyway, you know to save the world."

He looked a touch annoyed. "I've always thought myself a law abiding person but it seems wrong to punish someone who had to do something to save the world simply because those in power failed to do anything about it while it was in their court. Let's hope that your councils will see sense. Alright, so what are the tasks we need to see to right now..."

"I'm just wondering how illegal it is...if you are not allowed to tap into it given the state of it, would dispersing it count as node-raiding. Still, yes better than the Fallen using it," he sighed. "Let's hope they decide to do something with it that makes sense. If they will not turn it over to us to use against the Fallen, then perhaps they will consider splitting the current tass in half between your chantries." He shook his head.

"No, the Council will not see it that way, at least not until this method to cleanse Avatars are there on the table and proven to work, and perhaps not even then."Joakim said and sigh.

"If they remain blind to the importance of such a feat, then that is a very serious problem," Adley said after a moment. It already was a serious problem, with all the infiltrating going on and what had happened to his former Housemate.

"I suppose that it can Mr Wainwright. I have never heard about an awakened Node but everything have a spirit, this pen, the chair you are sitting on...everything and those spirits can in theory be made self aware, at least in some Paradigms."

"I think under the right circumstances, it could, yes."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:25 pm

Friday:
Na, i will be fine. Besides, i brought her, i'll leave her. Alone i can move more quickly. He said,

Saturday:

That i do not know, but i have recovered one shard, and it's inversed.

THat's true, but i think they don't need to come and go as we do. They got no problems with the Gauntlet as we do, and even if they had, i'll just ask him to stay in this world.

(IF he can touch spirits can't he touch a person soul? like a ghost? i know he can't touch avatars, but i only need to take the shards inside marbles and return. In any case, he has manipulated some avatars, showing them and recently moving them, so he might actually think he unlocked their basic secrets)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:48 pm

"Yes...Ah, that reminds me! I need to secure a drop off and pick up point for a deposition from Tian. He is providing some documentation for us."

"Hum...well the Chantry do have a post box at the local post office for mundane correspondences, if that is secure enough for you?"
Joakim said.
"He can deliver it there without to much risk of being seen or captured."

"I see," he said with a frown. "Well sir you are still here and I admire, not pity, the fact that despite what happened to you, you found a way to still serve House Flambeau. It seems though that Etrius is not quite ready for your offer of peace..."

Joakim looks at Adley and for a moment he says nothing then he nods.
"The damage was done, and while I still...feel the emptiness I live a valuable life, I make a difference, I will be content with that, I am thankful for your words Sodalis."
He said then he sigh.
"No...Etrius fear death to much...all vampires do..."
He said and Isabella nodded at that.

He glanced over at Isabella and then back to Joakim. "I think that I can understand...that." He still had no idea what it would be like to see Carmon as a vampire but he figured it would not be a welcome development for his avatar and himself to experience together. Nor did he have any idea what would happen after this, maybe he would hate him as much as Joakim hated Etrius, for similar reasons. "I'm not sure if it will make any immediate problems but...given your history, I feel I should tell you my avatar remembers this Elder from before the days of the House Fall. You will forgive me for hoping that he does not hold a grudge, should he recognize me, though it is possible he will not."

"I see...thank you for telling me Sodalis."
Joakim said then he was quiet for a moment again.
"Not many can tell for sure without the use of magick that someone is a reincarnation of someone they knew, sometimes there is telltale signs, Master Ir recognized the Diedne he once had taken pity on but still been forced to kill in Lady Arden, but usually all you can get is a sense of familiarity, unless magick is used to figure it out, even the Brotherhood with their practice of forcing complete reincarnations use a long time to find and verify their reborn dead...however if this vampire recognizes you, I do not know what part your former host had in this Elder's current existence...but from someone who..."
The hedge wizard drew a deep breath and his iron control failed for just a moment and you saw bottomless pain in his eyes before he regained his stoic composure.
"It is a hard thing to forgive...so yes it can complicate matters, but let us hope it do not."

"The other option is to try to draw her out. It will need very specific bait..."

"Well she want Entropic Quintessence...if we could get our hands on some literal good shit, perhaps we can use that to lure her out..."
Kristina suggested.
"Yes perhaps but getting something like that is neither easy nor that legal and it might be to obvious..."
Joakim said.
"Well we have her apprentice...and it have been said she cares about them...what if we use Miss Jerkins as bait?"
Isabella chimed in.

"Yes, while she is willing to do that, I find that she seems to be an important counterpoint in vampire society. At least as far as I understand it...in other words, better her to be around than Lodin, for what my opinion on the matter is worth. At least right now."

"I agree, we should handle this ourselves and leave your contact out of this, she is an important resource."
Joakim said.
"So we focus on that first, a strike team to get this damned Tremere Elder out of this villa, let us first see if we can snatch him through the Umbra and if that do not work, let us see what we can do about either going through the sewers and taking him from right bellow their feet...or storming the place."
He said and nodded.
"Is there anyone in particular you would want on that strike team gentlemen?"

"We'll need stakes, some assault rifles or machine guns, armor piercing preferably premium or enchanted rounds, and enchanted blades, and some tass it seems. I can use a sword but as you said, in combination with very fast, powerful vampires it could make a difficult match," he admitted.

"Stakes I have, in some variations."
Kristina said and Isabella shuddered again.
"I can get some rifles, I am not sure anyone at the Chantry have machine guns, but I will ask Theo the leader of my Sentinels he collects weapons so he might have one. We do not have much in the way of Primium ammunition though and it is hard to get."
Joakim said then he added.
"As for Prime enchanting things we will need some Tass but it can be done we are a big Chantry so getting someone to do the job should not be to hard."
Kristina nodded.
"Yeah I am still tired but it is a small job, I can start with that and take care of enchanting the equipment."

He looked at Isabella and the Verbena. "I have...a question which might seem a bit odd and do forgive me if it seems somewhat unpleasant. Given the circumstances, though it might be good to know. When I have looked at vampires I can see there is prime that basically seems to have enchanted their blood, keeping them able to move. There is a rote someone told me about recently that causes extreme pain due to interference of the way that prime moves through the body. It won't kill someone but it is supposed to be quite agonizing. Would this work on vampires as well, as they can feel pain? Or werecreatures for that matter?"

"That sounds like Rubbing the Bones."
Kristina said then she seamed to consider.
"Werecreatures it should work on with no issue, that would be exactly like casting it on a human being as they are alive, I do not know if it will work on vampires. I do not know if you study Life Adley, nor your Paradigm but I do and when I look at a living person I see their life patterns in a constant ebb and flow, consent dynamic movement, but looking at a vampire is like looking at a talisman, there is no life there, yes there is Quintessence but it is cold, and dead and static."
She said and gave Isabella an apologetic look and the vampire shrugged, it was what it was.
"I do not know what Rubbing the Bones would do to a vampire to be quite honest."
Kristina said.
"I am sorry."

He laughed. "I have actually; well, at least I've asked him enough times if he was sure he was not actually a Flambeau," he teased. "I'm sure I'm not the only one. He remains stubbornly independent, and though that is a loss to the House I cannot complain as he does come up with unique ways of doing things."

"You have to try harder then Sodalis."
Joakim said with a bit of a grin.
"Yes he would have been an assert to the House but yes, sometimes Orphans have some brilliant ideas that no one have thought of before, perhaps your friend there would be stifled in the confined of a Tradition or House but even so, he would have been a good Flambeau, or really to be honest with how good a negotiator he is, he would have been a good Quaesitor."
The old hedge wizard said with a thoughtful smile.

"You know, my House is more forgiving than others when it comes to accepting older students but you are...ornery," he agreed, though he made it sound like a compliment.

"It is also legal for a House, with the House leadership's permission to initiate someone who is not a student of Hermitism, it have been done at times when the Order have found particularly skilled Orphans or back in the day when non Hermetics where called hedge wizards."
He said with a sarcastic grin.
"The candidate where then given a short apprenticeship to learn House secrets and Hermetics laws and traditions but they would be allowed to keep their own Paradigm...the Order can be practical at times.I am sure the Prima of our House would be quite interested in Mr Wainwright here."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Quite interested indeed."

He closed his eyes and thought of the pictures he'd seen and which one he thought was Abigail by the descriptions he'd heard from their various interactions. Any flicker of recognition he'd had over them, from where they'd found Molly in order to add to Colin's description.

You feel a moment of anger from your Avatar, anger over what Abigail had done to it's former host, and you can see in your mind's eye a tall, shapely woman, with reddish long blond hair that would have been beautiful if it had not been for all the scars in her oval face, it looked like she had faced Freddy Kruger and lost, and one eye where dark, dark blue and the other was all but white as if it was blind...you also get a memory of this woman standing over you and using the same rote on you that you just had discussed with Kristina, the the flashback vanishes.

He looked a touch annoyed. "I've always thought myself a law abiding person but it seems wrong to punish someone who had to do something to save the world simply because those in power failed to do anything about it while it was in their court. Let's hope that your councils will see sense. Alright, so what are the tasks we need to see to right now..."

"I hope so to Sodalis, I hope so to, no one have ever claimed that our esteemed society is fair though."
Joakim said with a sigh.
"But it is what it is."
He muttered and begun ticking things off on his long, thin fingers.
"Let me see...We need to enchant weapons and gather supplies for the run on the vampire's prison cells, Miss Knox have said she will take care of that. I will ask Theo about a machine gun...we need to pick people for that mission, we need to ask the incoming Orphans what happened and have them checked out and see if we can get anything out of the vampire I bought...I need to get to that meeting and discuss the Node...and you need to check in with your mentor...those are the first on the list, there are more but those needs to happen first...Mr Wainwright need to talk with Deaconess Darnell about securing her aid...anything else?"
He asked you.

"I'm just wondering how illegal it is...if you are not allowed to tap into it given the state of it, would dispersing it count as node-raiding. Still, yes better than the Fallen using it," he sighed. "Let's hope they decide to do something with it that makes sense. If they will not turn it over to us to use against the Fallen, then perhaps they will consider splitting the current tass in half between your chantries." He shook his head.

"It would be considered Node raiding and carry the potential punishment of up until Branding, but censure, indentured servitude, lesser branding as in on the body not the Avatar or fines are more likely but I would pay any of those costs gladly to stop the Nephandi."
Joakim said then he sigh...
"Oh that have been suggested by our side, splitting what is in the Node 50/50 and then splitting what it generate from now evenly, the problem is that Lavender will not accept that, you see Morningstar used the Node for years before Lavender was founded so our dear rivals feel they deserve a greater cut and Martin our Deacon Primus will not agree to that."
The hedge wizard said and made fists of his hands in frustration.
"All the bloody politicians deserve a good kick in what they sit on when arguing if you ask me."

"If they remain blind to the importance of such a feat, then that is a very serious problem," Adley said after a moment. It already was a serious problem, with all the infiltrating going on and what had happened to his former Housemate.

"Yes...a serious problem indeed."
Joakim said.
"The Council of nine are slow to change their ways."

"I think under the right circumstances, it could, yes."

"The question is how would an awakened Node help us?"
Kristina asked and looked puzzled.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was out with friends having my ass handed to me in MtG and now I am STing Mage over chat. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Friday:

Coawa do not look convinced but he sigh and nods.
"As you will brother, but please be careful."
He urged you.
"I do not want to mourn you."

Saturday:

That i do not know, but i have recovered one shard, and it's inversed.

"Damn...that is not good."
Henrietta said.
"Still better it was a Nephandus and not one of ours right...well I guess we have clean up duty then, but if someone have freaking Gilgulled someone on the street then they are not kidding around, if we run into them it will be dangerous as fuck so we better come prepared."
She said and nodded.

THat's true, but i think they don't need to come and go as we do. They got no problems with the Gauntlet as we do, and even if they had, i'll just ask him to stay in this world.

"Hum...well I think it is safest if Coawa stay on this side, just to be sure. Now for all I know such splinters will not affect him at all, but it is better safe than sorry right, unless he have to step sideways."
Henrietta cautioned.
"Well I would like to get my gun and daggers, but other than that I should be good to go...meeting you in the lobby? Or do you prefer to meet somewhere else?"

(OOC: Ah you meant souls, not Avatars, yes those Tane can affect with Spirit 3 not a problem. He can touch Avatars but not do anything with them unless the Avatar agrees, he can see them and due to his special talent manifest them in smoke.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Colin nodded, "While I donate some time and money to the VA regularly, it always feels like there's more I could do..."
He smiled wryly, "If it's a house of outcasts and misfits, I'm sure they could assume me to be one of their own. At least long enough to start talking."
He smiled to Kristina, "I trust you'll not use that knowledge with cruelty..."
He turned serious, "In any case, I've on good authority that while I would have made a good fit for your esteemed House, I would have been even better as a Tremere. Perhaps I'll see if I can restore some of that House's ideals on my own, as an independent House?"
He grinned, "I'll not take offense unless someone decides that my scars mean I must be Abigail starts shooting at me."
He frowned, "I'm not convinced we should be using Jerkins as bait... She is presently, hm, resigned to her fate and at peace with what is coming, and she... knows my name. Our names are one of the things we exchanged to offer her a semblance of, well, a feeling of dignity and respect. That, and a promise to light a candle for her passing. I fear using her as bait would present an... unpalatable risk, both to me personally, and of her having a rather nasty change of attitude to the whole thing. However, there's an alternative, if we can get it - Abigail's favourite apprentice, Martha Cunningham, whom Steelhaven should be currently trying to extricate from a mental hospital in Boston. If we can get her here, she would likely prove a far better bait than miss Jerkins - and a lot safer one for us."
Colin pondered for a moment, "Actually, I think Master Harris might be perfect for the prisoner extraction. If that team is going underground, I'm sure he could establish a time bubble extending into the cells, allowing the party to take down the wall and fetching the vampire, and then make their escape pretty much before anyone in the villa would have the time to react... Or alternatively, portal the fellow out, if at all possible. As for the Labyrinth, I'm game... Freddie will probably give me a virtual flogging, in oh so many ways, but I'm up for it, despite a mild itch."
He frowned, "I have some spare tass, but that's pretty much a few drams of highly Entropic tass - the hideous stuff miss Jerkins had at her capture. I can weaponize it directly, and I could probably use it to help enchant ammunition, but I don't think that would be... healthy for the weapons."
He blinked slowly, "Vampires are full of quintessence... I can't be sure, but it might be possible for me to ignite that, too - it would be messy and, well, probably pretty damned flashy, but... it might work. If they aren't alive, then that quintessence might be just accessible enough for me to work with."
He smiled thinly, "I don't know that an awakened Node would be much use - it was an idle thought that crossed my mind. Though, I suppose awakening it could lead to a solution in the longer term - if it were aware enough to have a preference as to its, hm, ownership, that could certainly affect any agreements or disagreements between the chantries."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Colin nodded, "While I donate some time and money to the VA regularly, it always feels like there's more I could do..."

"You can not take it all upon yourself Mr Wainwright...it is this damned nation that needs to step up...that you do donate time and money though show that you have a kind heart and a good character...it is kind of you to do so."
Joakim said and gave you a warm smile.

He smiled wryly, "If it's a house of outcasts and misfits, I'm sure they could assume me to be one of their own. At least long enough to start talking."

"They might. Now be aware though that Darnell's second in command, Julaner Alabaster was once associated with the Nephandi to some degree, she is not Fallen, but she was sentenced for dealing with them and was partly an Infernalist within their ranks though she betrayed them and was shown mercy. Now since she came to this Tribunal Julaner have done nothing to make me doubt her dedication to the Traditions, still...given the current situation...I would not trust her, ask to speak with Miss Darnell alone if you can."
The hedge wizard advised.
"If I had gotten my way I would have preferred Miss Alabaster in magick dampening cuffs or under the influence of something else to hold her powers and in a cell until this whole mess was dealt with, but as she have done nothing wrong, such a demand would be out of place."

He smiled to Kristina, "I trust you'll not use that knowledge with cruelty..."

"Rip the Man Body...no Mr Wainwright I have used that rote but once since learning it and that was when a mage much stronger than I went into a violent Quiet and had to be stopped and it was that rote to take him down until I could knock him out, or kill him, I choose to take him down in the non fatal way, and he did not complain about that once he got out of the Quiet."
The Verbena said in a serious tone of voice.

He turned serious, "In any case, I've on good authority that while I would have made a good fit for your esteemed House, I would have been even better as a Tremere. Perhaps I'll see if I can restore some of that House's ideals on my own, as an independent House?"

"My my are you starting your own House now Mr Wainwright...gray hairs indeed..."
Joakim joked.

He grinned, "I'll not take offense unless someone decides that my scars mean I must be Abigail starts shooting at me."

"Now would not that be a twist of events."
The Security Chief said with a amused grin.
"But no, you my good man do not look that much like an Abigail..."

He frowned, "I'm not convinced we should be using Jerkins as bait... She is presently, hm, resigned to her fate and at peace with what is coming, and she... knows my name. Our names are one of the things we exchanged to offer her a semblance of, well, a feeling of dignity and respect. That, and a promise to light a candle for her passing. I fear using her as bait would present an... unpalatable risk, both to me personally, and of her having a rather nasty change of attitude to the whole thing.

"I see...so she knows your name...that complicates things Mr Wainwright, yes using her as bait then would be...quite dangerous. Miss Jerkins' peace of mind I care little about I do think we will be able to control her, however I do not want to risk you in the process, Jeffry Morgan would be most displeased if I let members of his Chantry be killed."
Joakim said and sigh.
"But what alternatives do we have if we are going to lure the she devil out of her nest?"

However, there's an alternative, if we can get it - Abigail's favourite apprentice, Martha Cunningham, whom Steelhaven should be currently trying to extricate from a mental hospital in Boston. If we can get her here, she would likely prove a far better bait than miss Jerkins - and a lot safer one for us."

"Well if we can get a hold of Miss Cunningham that would be perfect, however then we need to know Steelhaven's status on extracting her as we need to make a plan and move on this fairly soon we do not have allot of time after all."
The old linear mage said.
"Mr Roth Hicks if you could ask your esteemed mentor about that when you speak with him later?"
He asked Adley.

Colin pondered for a moment, "Actually, I think Master Harris might be perfect for the prisoner extraction. If that team is going underground, I'm sure he could establish a time bubble extending into the cells, allowing the party to take down the wall and fetching the vampire, and then make their escape pretty much before anyone in the villa would have the time to react... Or alternatively, portal the fellow out, if at all possible. As for the Labyrinth, I'm game... Freddie will probably give me a virtual flogging, in oh so many ways, but I'm up for it, despite a mild itch."

"Hum...I will ask him, though away from a Chantry what you suggest will cause allot of Paradox...allot of it...but Master Harris might be willing to make that sacrifice, and it would make the extraction easier."
Joakim said though he seamed quite concerned.
"Your skills are appreciated Mr Wainwright, thank you for volunteering."
Joakim said and gave you a big, friendly smile.
"You you do know it will be dangerous right?"

Isabella looked at the Chief and said.
"I volunteer for taking down the Labyrinth if you need me and if I can be of use, but for freeing the Elder...the problem is it might backlash on the Chantry if I a renegade vampire go against the Prince to much."
She warned. Kristina just nodded.
"I am sure we can do without you on that mission Izzy, do not worry, anyway I am in Chief, whatever you need me."
She said but the Chief shook his head.
"You need your rest Mrs Knox."

He frowned, "I have some spare tass, but that's pretty much a few drams of highly Entropic tass - the hideous stuff miss Jerkins had at her capture. I can weaponize it directly, and I could probably use it to help enchant ammunition, but I don't think that would be... healthy for the weapons."

"Corrupted Tass?"
Kristina said and sounded doubtful.
"I would not use that if I where you, or put in other words, do you want Jhor, for that is how you get Jhor, never mind the weapons, it is not healthy for you."

He blinked slowly, "Vampires are full of quintessence... I can't be sure, but it might be possible for me to ignite that, too - it would be messy and, well, probably pretty damned flashy, but... it might work. If they aren't alive, then that quintessence might be just accessible enough for me to work with."

"Nightmare fuel..."
Isabella muttered under her breath to no one in particular. Kristina raised and eyebrow then she nodded.
"Hum...that should be possible yes, they are full of Tass indeed, and some mages hunt vampires for that Tass, but like I said that is how you get Jhor...that is also how you get Jhor, and you do not want that, and just ti illustrate why not, you are a fantasy fan the way I understand it have you ever read this American, never ending series of brick sized books called Wheel of Time? Yeah read that for it have a pretty darn accurate depiction of Jhor, and you do not want that...anyway I am getting off topic...well the Quint in vampires are not free, but you might still be able to use that rote of yours against them, but unless you get to test it first, I would have a back up plan in combat..."
Kristina said as she patted Isabella on the arm.

He smiled thinly, "I don't know that an awakened Node would be much use - it was an idle thought that crossed my mind. Though, I suppose awakening it could lead to a solution in the longer term - if it were aware enough to have a preference as to its, hm, ownership, that could certainly affect any agreements or disagreements between the chantries."

"Perhaps...if the arguing parties would care much for what the Node itself wants that is."
Joakim said and shook his head.
"But it certainly would be interesting."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Colin nodded, "Avoid miss Alabaster, as a precaution... Got it."
He shook his head at Kristina, "I meant the silver weakness of the Rokea, not the... other thing. Rip the Man Body sounds like something I would never want to hear of again."
He grinned at Joakim, "A man can have some ambitions, can't he? Besides, the Traditions might be in dire need of a Tradition-independent mediator... A diplomat corps, if you will, to help unify us all a little better. If I can convince one old Diedne to grudgingly accept that not all Flambeau are murderous scum, I might stand a chance at the larger task."
He nodded, "I don't think I was careless in giving her my name, under the circumstances. She and I both knew she's not going to get out of this, and offering her that little comfort helped persuade her to give me more information... including the very precious detail about her dagger."
He grinned, "Raiding a Labyrinth, dangerous? Preposterous, they don't even have Jareth the Goblin King dancing around!"
He nodded to Kristina, "Oh, hell with it... if we're raiding the Labyrinth, I might be able to scrounge some more... allow me to demonstrate..."
He quickly drew up a circle on a page, and placed a pack of the tainted tass in the middle, then stepped back and aimed his ring at it, willing up a hanging shard of primal fire blooming from the little baggie, "Gladius ex malomagia!"
After the shard flared up, he extended his arms to the side, "Please, if you wish, confirm that I didn't accumulate any resonance from that little trick. And my apologies for the rather... disgusting appearance of that shard."
He grimaced as Isabella reacted, "Oh, God, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... ugh, in any case, Mrs. Knox is right, actually doing something like that would be inhumane to begin with, and the mark on my soul and conscience would be... ack, I'm so sorry... I voiced the wrong hypothesis there."
Colin cleared his throat, "In any case, if I go to petition Deaconess Darnell for assistance, and Adley goes to call home, and we reconvene at your office in... how long would the round trip take?"

((OOC: Arete roll, 3,6,0 - should be abundant to demonstrate the safety of the spell. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:21 am

(OOC: I just have to ask for clarification about one thing before replying since half the reply will depend on it. I will then reply as soon as possible afterwards which might be tonight or when I get up in the morning depending on whatever or not my cat intend to keep me up mauing with being in heat despite having been fixed fifteen years ago all night again...anyway, Colin's Prime Flame, it will be a version of a Prime Bolt...which is usually visible, normally such a flame will be seen as in this case a black and disgusting, corrupted flame, it is not actual fire but it will look and behave like it...now it can be a purely energetic construct but generally if it can affect the physical world it can also be seen and the problem here is that Colin sits right next to a vampire and if his effect is visible he just made a flame flare up about an arms length away from her. Do I need to start making courage rolls for Isabella for her to avoid Rötschreck? Is Colin's corrupted flame visible in the physical world?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next