Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

5 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 5 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Colin nodded, "I agree. I understand Master Porthos keeps pushing the idea that the leadership needs to be cycled towards the younger ranks, rather than remain with the centuries-old entrenched elite... It's the same problem as in Sleeper politics, really, only even more pronounced. But if it helps... change is coming. Hopefully for the better; one Seat will soon be replaced by a far more progressive one, and a Tradition will change its name to be more inclusive. It won't be overnight, and it won't be all at once, but it's coming closer all the same... provided we survive the next 48 hours."
He frowned, "I've got full confidence in the intelligence - notes and interrogations in combination have painted quite the unpalatable picture of a Fallen conspiring with... well, suffice to say, the Traditions have been infiltrated for some time, that's part of why I came to you. You would be difficult for the Fallen to sway to their cause; both from your morality, and the fact that you're nigh-impervious to their mind-affecting trickery. And, of course, that you're not trusted by much of the Traditions' leadership. Do I believe they plan to summon and bind an Aswadim? As sure as I breathe. Do I think they can pull it off? Well... I believe they are convinced they can do it, and I don't think we can afford to take the chance they are wrong; they certainly have been gathering tons of tass, too many human sacrifices to contemplate, and blackmailed several Traditionalists in key positions for long enough to make the threat more than credible. Enough energy to, should their attempt fail, likely blow up half the state of Massachusetts in the process."
He nodded, "Odds are they have an Aegis on the Labyrinth... That would mean that in an assault, you would be the only one protected from their spells; the only one who could wade in and stand a chance of surviving until we could unravel that ward."
He sighed, "Truth be told, if I thought it would have half a chance of not seeing repercussions, immediate or long-term, I'd be desperate enough to bait the Technocracy into assisting with the strike... but that would involve an unacceptable chance of their stabbing us in the back as soon as the Fallen were suppressed, and there are three nodes in the Labyrinth; gift-wrapping something like that would be an unbearable price to pay... You on the other hand are known to be loyal to us, despite the faltering reciprocation; you are nothing short of admirable, Ma'am."
He nodded and smiled, "Survival and the protection of your charges and the city at large is indeed the only objective... everything else is a bonus. But there's no reason to dismiss such a bonus. I... know how you feel; while my injuries were more... superficial than yours, I fear I'll never be able to walk in public without anyone staring with some degree of revulsion. Though at least I can walk around in public, I suppose. I gather Mr. Gerard has his... difficulties for good reason, too?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12 - Page 5 Empty Re: Mia's Mirror, Basement Cells and Node With a View IC Thread 12

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Colin nodded, "I agree. I understand Master Porthos keeps pushing the idea that the leadership needs to be cycled towards the younger ranks, rather than remain with the centuries-old entrenched elite... It's the same problem as in Sleeper politics, really, only even more pronounced. But if it helps... change is coming. Hopefully for the better; one Seat will soon be replaced by a far more progressive one, and a Tradition will change its name to be more inclusive. It won't be overnight, and it won't be all at once, but it's coming closer all the same... provided we survive the next 48 hours."

"I have heard rumors about that yes, that Master Porthos want the Council changed out with younger magi who might better be able to adapt to the modern world. I do hope he succeeds in that, currently the only fairly young member of the Council of Nine are the Verbena representative, Charlotte Quey."
Daisy said then she turned her head to look at Colin.
"Prophetic visions Mr Wainwright...well if you are right that is indeed good news."

He frowned, "I've got full confidence in the intelligence - notes and interrogations in combination have painted quite the unpalatable picture of a Fallen conspiring with... well, suffice to say, the Traditions have been infiltrated for some time, that's part of why I came to you. You would be difficult for the Fallen to sway to their cause; both from your morality, and the fact that you're nigh-impervious to their mind-affecting trickery. And, of course, that you're not trusted by much of the Traditions' leadership.

"So you have your information from several sources? Well that lend credence to them."
The Deaconess said then she cocked her head to the side and while there was no face to read her stance seamed concerned.
"The Traditions are infiltrated? That is not good."
She muttered.
"No affecting me with magick is not an easy task, I guess there is some benefit to this damned transformation I have gone through."
The cyborg grunted.
"But yes I would not be much worth in manipulating as I regarded at best as an inconvenience and by most little better than a Technocrat."

Do I believe they plan to summon and bind an Aswadim? As sure as I breathe. Do I think they can pull it off? Well... I believe they are convinced they can do it, and I don't think we can afford to take the chance they are wrong; they certainly have been gathering tons of tass, too many human sacrifices to contemplate, and blackmailed several Traditionalists in key positions for long enough to make the threat more than credible. Enough energy to, should their attempt fail, likely blow up half the state of Massachusetts in the process."

"Hum...well if all of this is true then it seams we are all in quite a bit of trouble indeed."
Daisy said and sigh.
"I assume this is why you insisted on speaking with me alone? You have heard about my friend Julaner's background with the Fallen and did not know if you could trust her?"

He nodded, "Odds are they have an Aegis on the Labyrinth... That would mean that in an assault, you would be the only one protected from their spells; the only one who could wade in and stand a chance of surviving until we could unravel that ward."

"So you plan on using me as a battering ram then is that it?"
Daisy asked.
"Well...it is not a bad idea as such, I should be able to withstand the effects of such a Ward, there is a reason why the bloody Union spend so much resources on their cyborg technology."
She said bitterly.

He sighed, "Truth be told, if I thought it would have half a chance of not seeing repercussions, immediate or long-term, I'd be desperate enough to bait the Technocracy into assisting with the strike... but that would involve an unacceptable chance of their stabbing us in the back as soon as the Fallen were suppressed, and there are three nodes in the Labyrinth; gift-wrapping something like that would be an unbearable price to pay... You on the other hand are known to be loyal to us, despite the faltering reciprocation; you are nothing short of admirable, Ma'am."

"My, my you know your way around flattery Mr Wainwright, then again there is not often I hear such praise from others than my little band of outcasts here."
The Deaconesse said then she nodded.
"So what you need are some of my Primium bullets and for me to help trigger the Fallen's wards when you strike at the Labyrinth and to work as a shield for you to protect the ones that go in from harmful magick?"
She asked.
"I would not recommend cooperating with the Union, they might call a truce to take out the Fallen but that do not mean like you said they will not stab you in the back just as soon as the job is done and with the resources they might gain from that many Nodes, they might become as big a threat as the Nephandi are."

He nodded and smiled, "Survival and the protection of your charges and the city at large is indeed the only objective... everything else is a bonus. But there's no reason to dismiss such a bonus. I... know how you feel; while my injuries were more... superficial than yours, I fear I'll never be able to walk in public without anyone staring with some degree of revulsion. Though at least I can walk around in public, I suppose.

"I did notice your scars Mr Wainwright...my scanners tell me they where caused by reconstructive surgery after damage from fire or an explosion, with damage all the way down to the bone...I can imagine it is quite a bother..."
Daisy said softly.
"No I would not refuse such a mercy, but I would rather have wished it for the others, I hate this body the Union gifted me with but at least I could be made to look fairly normal."
She muttered.

I gather Mr. Gerard has his... difficulties for good reason, too?"

"Yes he was punished for a crime, a crime that should be punished but the Tradition's methods are often nothing sort of barbaric, he was Branded and flogged but what broke him was fifteen years imprisonment in a pocket realm where he was completely isolated and only had food teleported in, once he was finally released he was placed on the streets to fend for himself and who knows what he have been through there, when one of my people found him he was hungry, dirty and bleeding. I do not know how to help him though, all I can do is give him a roof over his head."
The cyborg said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:47 pm

"I will do so, I am sorry I did not introduce you, but she knows who you are and I thought it more important that she check on the Orphans than engage in a chat right now, she would have introduced herself if she had something to say."

"I understand and agree."

"Yes it do seam your friend have been taking care of the Orphans...shall we go then?" Joakim said and continued to lead you towards the basement.

"In the interests of time..." he said, following him down to the basement, taking note of the layout of the chantry. It was strange but it reminded him of home, not too dissimilar in layout as it was but who knew maybe it was also because his avatar was familiar with it. Though he doubted an Etherite would be prone to using ritual rooms. He was eager to make contact with home though, between his Seeking and all that they had learned it felt as if decades had passed since he spoke to anyone there.

Derrick turned to Adley and handed him the candle. "You are the one that wanted to make a private phone call right?" He asked. "This should help."

"Yes, thank you." Curiously, he took the candle and looked over the inscriptions he'd dug into the wax. Then he asked him, "If you could please instruct me as how to best put this to use?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:11 am

"I understand and agree."

Joakim nodded at that.

"Yes, thank you." Curiously, he took the candle and looked over the inscriptions he'd dug into the wax. Then he asked him, "If you could please instruct me as how to best put this to use?"

The inscriptions was old Hermetic meaning they where in a mix of Greek and Latin with some Coptic, this is the kind of spell you might find in the Greek Magical Papyri.
"Ah yes off course."
Derrick said as he brushed some was of his hands.
"As such the candle will not stop anyone from listening in, but it will give you warning. You speak the name of the one you are going to call, or talk to through other means to the candle and then light it, keep your eyes on the flame while making your call, if there is anyone else in the room with the one you are contacting, or anyone listening in through mundane means then the flame will start to violently flicker. I do recommend not doing this outside or with a window open to avoid false positives. If anyone try to scry on your conversation using magic the candle will start to smoke, it will behave like old talc candles and it will smell quite horrendously so I recommend extinguishing it at that point and ending your conversation."
The hedge wizard said.
"Ah yes I remember that small from back in the day when that was all we had to light up a dark room during the nighttime hours."
Joakim muttered.
"The candle should last you several uses, it will burn for twenty hours give or take and you can light it and put it out and light it again as you need to as long as you do not disenchant it."
Derrick continued.
"So do you need anything else Sir? I have also prepared a general ward for your conversation in this room."
He said and pointed at a chalk circle on the floor.
"Between the two you should be fairly safe."

(OOC: I am sorry for my late reply I am GMing Mage with one of my gaming groups.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 am

Colin grimaced, "Prophetic indeed... Si vis pacem, para bellum. We have twenty years before war reaches Horizon. There will be change before then - a proper battlefleet will be in place. I just hope it will be enough..."
He nodded, "We know some of the... compromised individuals. The problem is, of course, getting the proof to the right hands without intervention. So no names..."
He shrugged, "Not entirely the reason... I was informed of her past, and warned as such, but personally, I would put that as a secondary concern; she seems to have your intimate confidence, and I suspect your sensory systems are quite capable of detecting if she were trying to hide something of such a nature from you. No, the reason I asked for this privacy was, well, there's an old saying that loose lips sink ships. For every person who knows, there's a drastically higher chance that someone slips up accidentally, and the wrong people overhear. If you were to refuse to aid us, that would be it now, and only you and I would know of the conversation. As it is... I trust you to inform only those you trust implicitly to join you for the raid, if anyone."
He sighed, "Battering ram... Indelicately put, but more like a light tank, really. While it is rather cynical, it's really the sort of plan that has the best chance of a good outcome for our side."
He smiled softly, "Madame, you ought to know, I do not rely on false flattery. Part of what makes my word as solid as it is, it seems, is that I speak with utter conviction. If I'm not confident in what I am about to say, I stutter and trip over my words; it's rather embarassing, really. Now, Primium ammunition is, frankly, secondary, but any you can spare will be appreciated. Providing frontline coverage until the anticipated Aegis is dealt with, and of course the equivalent of heavy support is the primary need. As compensation for any material loss, I have a novel rote I can teach you, and any one other member of the Chantry; I have recently devised a method for disposing of heavily resonated quintessence without contracting its resonance personally. Very useful if you sit on a sudden stockpile of highly Entropic tass, or for that matter have to drain resonated quintessence from a node for cleansing. This tutoring would, however, have to wait for up to a forthnight, simply so I can get the proper accreditation for it."
He ran a hand across his face, "Very astute... A surface-to-air missile caught me by surprise as I was flying a helicopter. Two passengers and my co-pilot - it was what you could call a rude awakening, but I was the only casualty, and, well... my face is the best Sleeper surgery could repair. To be honest, I wouldn't share the damage with the others in the helicopter if I could. They went on to quite stellar further careers in the RAF without me."
He frowned and paled a little, "Branding and flogging... Cruel, but those I can at least see as viable methods of punishment - those at least have enough of a dread factor to act as a strong incentive against committing crime, and they are of such a nature as to have an educational aspect, albeit a horribly harsh one. But fifteen years of isolation? That's little more than torture for torture's own sake... God, the poor man..."
He thought for a moment, "When I came to America, to Steelhaven Hall, I had Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. It was of varying severity, but it was quite troublesome; loud noises and bright lights could set me off for a long time. I believe it was Master George Steelhaven himself who helped me out with that - I can't be quite certain, since the work to separate the trauma from the memories of Awakening was excised from my memory along with the shock and pain that kept returning - but it is possible he can help Mr. Gerard, or direct him to someone who can. It... may be a bit tricky to arrange, though - Master Steelhaven is planning to become a Postulate soon, so he may not be with us for very long, but if you can reach him before he leaves, he may be able to direct the right sort of help to the poor fellow..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:46 am

"The candle should last you several uses, it will burn for twenty hours give or take and you can light it and put it out and light it again as you need to as long as you do not disenchant it..."So do you need anything else Sir? I have also prepared a general ward for your conversation in this room." He said and pointed at a chalk circle on the floor. "Between the two you should be fairly safe.""

"That is quite handy, thank you, sir, very much. For now, I intend to use it here, so I will put it where my breathing will not cause the flame to sputter," he said. "Direct the Name or Names I wish to contact to the candle, speaking them. Watch the flame for input on what's going on if it flickers someone is within earshot it will flicker or if magick is used it will smell bad and smoke. Just extinguish it to end the working? I don't believe I need anything else right now. Thank you again."

// no problem I was busy today too : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:01 am

Colin:

Colin grimaced, "Prophetic indeed... Si vis pacem, para bellum. We have twenty years before war reaches Horizon. There will be change before then - a proper battlefleet will be in place. I just hope it will be enough..."

"Hum...that do indeed sound like we have interesting times ahead of us."
Daisy said and nodded.
"Though war on Horizon, if you are right about that Mr Wainwright that is a scary thought."

He nodded, "We know some of the... compromised individuals. The problem is, of course, getting the proof to the right hands without intervention. So no names..."

"Yeah, don't I know of that issue. I have been trying for years to raise a case about some powerful individuals on Horizon concerning the treatment of some of those that live under my roof, but when they where attempted gunned down on the street I gave up...for their safety."
Daisy said with a metallic sigh.

He shrugged, "Not entirely the reason... I was informed of her past, and warned as such, but personally, I would put that as a secondary concern; she seems to have your intimate confidence, and I suspect your sensory systems are quite capable of detecting if she were trying to hide something of such a nature from you. No, the reason I asked for this privacy was, well, there's an old saying that loose lips sink ships. For every person who knows, there's a drastically higher chance that someone slips up accidentally, and the wrong people overhear. If you were to refuse to aid us, that would be it now, and only you and I would know of the conversation. As it is... I trust you to inform only those you trust implicitly to join you for the raid, if anyone."

"I do trust Julaner implicitly and not because my senors can detect what she might or might not be hiding."
Daisy said then she nodded.
"But I understand your reasoning Mr Wainwright and my assistant is still carrying two investment marks, she no longer serve the Nephandi, she betrayed them and scored our side a victory and she have never been Fallen, but escaping from demons or whatever those beings are...is not as easy so perhaps the decision is wise to not let her overhear this yet, but I hate to make her feel as if she is not appreciated or trusted, she get that enough from others."

He sighed, "Battering ram... Indelicately put, but more like a light tank, really. While it is rather cynical, it's really the sort of plan that has the best chance of a good outcome for our side."

"Ah a light tank...my my I do like that way to put it better...yes the plan is quite crude but it could work, hell it is something the Union do to breach the security of Chantries so our side might as well use it as well."

He smiled softly, "Madame, you ought to know, I do not rely on false flattery. Part of what makes my word as solid as it is, it seems, is that I speak with utter conviction. If I'm not confident in what I am about to say, I stutter and trip over my words; it's rather embarassing, really. Now, Primium ammunition is, frankly, secondary, but any you can spare will be appreciated. Providing frontline coverage until the anticipated Aegis is dealt with, and of course the equivalent of heavy support is the primary need.

"Well I can spare some, a HIT-Mark is made with allot of ammunition stored in our arm turrets."
Daisy said bitterly.
"Yes my scanners say that you are truthful or an extremely good liar. I do hope you excuse me though I see at the further spectrum than most, it is not my intention to invade your privacy."

As compensation for any material loss, I have a novel rote I can teach you, and any one other member of the Chantry; I have recently devised a method for disposing of heavily resonated quintessence without contracting its resonance personally. Very useful if you sit on a sudden stockpile of highly Entropic tass, or for that matter have to drain resonated quintessence from a node for cleansing. This tutoring would, however, have to wait for up to a forthnight, simply so I can get the proper accreditation for it."

"That would be quite ample payment Mr Wainwright, as you might guess my Chantry are not rich, we do not have a Node and what Tass we manage to get a hold of are seldom of the best quality, such a rote would be useful to get rid of what are to tainted or otherwise Resonated to use safely, The exact time for instruction though do not matter we can wait."
The cyborg said sounding rather pleased.

He ran a hand across his face, "Very astute... A surface-to-air missile caught me by surprise as I was flying a helicopter. Two passengers and my co-pilot - it was what you could call a rude awakening, but I was the only casualty, and, well... my face is the best Sleeper surgery could repair. To be honest, I wouldn't share the damage with the others in the helicopter if I could. They went on to quite stellar further careers in the RAF without me."

"Impressive landing a damaged helicopter is not easy, and especially when you yourself are injured, quite impressive. My father was a combat pilot, though he went missing when I was a child."
Daisy said and nodded.
"Your scars do not bother me, but I can see how it create some social issues for you. Many are vain and have a problem with anything they see as out of the ordinary."

He frowned and paled a little, "Branding and flogging... Cruel, but those I can at least see as viable methods of punishment - those at least have enough of a dread factor to act as a strong incentive against committing crime, and they are of such a nature as to have an educational aspect, albeit a horribly harsh one. But fifteen years of isolation? That's little more than torture for torture's own sake... God, the poor man..."

"Yes, I can see the point of Branding to a certain degree, though I do not agree with it being done on the Avatar. I mean let us say Mage A go out and do something bad, why should his Avatar be marked for all future generations? I can agree with making the mage him or herself, but I do think tattooing and not heat branding should be used as the point of the punishment is the scarlet letter, not to cause pain, as for flogging, I can see why it is used...but yes fifteen years os isolation...is harsh...very harsh and Gerard...well he is badly traumatized."
Daisy said sadly.

He thought for a moment, "When I came to America, to Steelhaven Hall, I had Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. It was of varying severity, but it was quite troublesome; loud noises and bright lights could set me off for a long time. I believe it was Master George Steelhaven himself who helped me out with that - I can't be quite certain, since the work to separate the trauma from the memories of Awakening was excised from my memory along with the shock and pain that kept returning - but it is possible he can help Mr. Gerard, or direct him to someone who can. It... may be a bit tricky to arrange, though - Master Steelhaven is planning to become a Postulate soon, so he may not be with us for very long, but if you can reach him before he leaves, he may be able to direct the right sort of help to the poor fellow..."

"I will do so though I am not sure if we can pay for help."
Daisy said and nodded.
"Thank you for telling me. Of those under my care Gerard is the one worst affected mentally, at least just mentally there are others that have more complicated issues but for him help to sort out his mind might actually help him, the others have more metaphysical issues."
The cyborg continued.
"I have traced down a vampire of all things, that apparently are a psychologist, an expert on trauma that hire out his services and are willing to work on other Awakened then just his own kind, but his prices are nothing my Chantry can meet, so I will contact this man you spoke of and see if anything can be arranged."
She said gratefully.

Adley:

"That is quite handy, thank you, sir, very much. For now, I intend to use it here, so I will put it where my breathing will not cause the flame to sputter," he said. "Direct the Name or Names I wish to contact to the candle, speaking them. Watch the flame for input on what's going on if it flickers someone is within earshot it will flicker or if magick is used it will smell bad and smoke. Just extinguish it to end the working?

"Yes that is how it works, it is a fairly simple spell I would teach it to you but as far as I am told you are not a linear mage Sir and probably would not understand my instruction and I understand that it is harder to make items carry magick for a long time for an Awakened mage due to the dynamic nature of your abilities. But yes you have the instructions down pat."
Derrick said and smiles.

I don't believe I need anything else right now. Thank you again."

"Very well I will leave you to it then Sir."
The hedge wizard said.
"If you need me for anything I will either be, probably in the common room watching over my little brother or in the library with my own student."
He said and gave you and nod of the head. Joakim nodded as well.
"I have some tasks to do and people to talk to Mr Roth Hicks. If you need me for anything you have my number."
He said and then the two hedge wizards left.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Colin frowned, "Assassination attempts? That doesn't just sound ruthless, it sounds sloppy as well... Perhaps the cleanup we're trying for will sort out some of your concerns as well, though."
He nodded, "I'm certain she understands the need for secrecy - besides, what with those investment marks, she might not be safe on such a strike mission, and safer yet being unaware of the plan until it is executed. I don't like displaying such callousness, eiher, but operational security must remain tight."
He smiled, "If any left to spare could be distributed among the strike team when we meet up, that would be excellent. And I take no offense; a stranger comes to your door, offering an almost insane story in privacy - anyone would want to use every tool at their disposal to confirm the visitor isn't trying to trick them."
He grinned, "That's the beauty of the rote - it is rather a meta-rote; it can be used to feed quintessence from any available source into any spell. Extremely resonated tass can be safely fueled into, say, a bolt of primal fire, though the spell will be highly... coloured by the tass' nature."
He fished out one of the packets from his pocket, "I managed to confiscate these from a Fallen captive. They make for quite efficient... unholy hand grenades, leaving me untouched. Obviously I won't be selling them, or keeping them past the immediate crisis, but while we're riding the storm, they can be tactically used instead of just being locked away for later disposal."
He grinned wryly, "To be honest, I think my Avatar was the one to actually land the helicopter. I was not quite conscious at the time, but it was able to use the full extent of my skills and essentially puppeteer my body. It's done something like that on one other occasion, in fact, but that's too... unpleasant a story to readily share. Suffice to say, the ornery fellow has a knack for doing the unprecedented whenever it deems it necessary."
He nodded somberly, "Branding the Avatar is a bit too harsh, but the merits of heat branding are there - greater pain than tattooing makes for a better reminder of why a crime was a bad idea, beyond merely leaving a visible mark. In the words of Robert Heinlein, punishment needs to be cruel and unusual to serve as a learning experience. Emphasis on learning. Driving someone mad is not educational..."
He smiled, "I'm sure something can be arranged; an exchange of favours is, I think, quite plausible. While I can't speak for the Deacon Primus - Heavens forbid, the man's a Hermetic Archmage several times over and I'm an Orphan, barely a double Initiate - he is a kindly old man who doesn't like to see needless suffering."
He glanced at his watch, "But, since we seem to have reached an accord, I really must be going - I have to retrieve some people and bring them to safety before I rejoin the strike team. I trust you can gather those you need to bring and get to Morningstar on your own? Security Chief Joakim will be anticipating your arrival."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:49 pm

Colin frowned, "Assassination attempts? That doesn't just sound ruthless, it sounds sloppy as well... Perhaps the cleanup we're trying for will sort out some of your concerns as well, though."

"Hum...yes well I guess there where those that felt that my Chantrymates was making to much noise, but yes anything that keeps them safe is a boon for me."
Daisy agreed.

He nodded, "I'm certain she understands the need for secrecy - besides, what with those investment marks, she might not be safe on such a strike mission, and safer yet being unaware of the plan until it is executed. I don't like displaying such callousness, eiher, but operational security must remain tight."

"She might not be safe yes on the other hand she knows how it feels to to be trusted or accepted."
Daisy said softly.
"But yes she will not be a part of this I only hope that she will understand."

He smiled, "If any left to spare could be distributed among the strike team when we meet up, that would be excellent. And I take no offense; a stranger comes to your door, offering an almost insane story in privacy - anyone would want to use every tool at their disposal to confirm the visitor isn't trying to trick them."

The Deaconess nodded, she hesitated then she turned a bit away from Colin, towards the window again and you see her pushing aside the layers of lace and removing her glove, you her a metallic clicking sound and even with her back to you it is possible to see something pop out of her left arms. Daisy removes something from her arm then replace her glove and pull the lace veils back into place before she hands you ten rounds of primium ammunition, the bullets where perfect with no scratch or tool mark and they should fit your gun.
"This is what I can spare, I need to reserve some to protect this Chantry and those within it...and I am glad I have not offended you Mr Wainwright."
Daisy said softly though how soft her metallic voice got was a matter of opinion.

He grinned, "That's the beauty of the rote - it is rather a meta-rote; it can be used to feed quintessence from any available source into any spell. Extremely resonated tass can be safely fueled into, say, a bolt of primal fire, though the spell will be highly... coloured by the tass' nature."

"Most interesting, well that do sound useful indeed."
The Deaconess said sounding quite interesting.

He fished out one of the packets from his pocket, "I managed to confiscate these from a Fallen captive. They make for quite efficient... unholy hand grenades, leaving me untouched. Obviously I won't be selling them, or keeping them past the immediate crisis, but while we're riding the storm, they can be tactically used instead of just being locked away for later disposal."

Daisy leaned a bit closer then she gave a soft sound of disgust.
"That really is some disgusting Tass Mr Wainwright...and you are saying that your rote allow you to turn that safely into a weapon against our enemies? My...my that knowledge is quite valuable indeed, tass is after all a most important resource in this war."

He grinned wryly, "To be honest, I think my Avatar was the one to actually land the helicopter. I was not quite conscious at the time, but it was able to use the full extent of my skills and essentially puppeteer my body. It's done something like that on one other occasion, in fact, but that's too... unpleasant a story to readily share. Suffice to say, the ornery fellow has a knack for doing the unprecedented whenever it deems it necessary."

"Well now that is a crafty soul you have? A Primordial then?"
Deaconess Darnell said then she shook her head.
"Ah forgive me, I should not ask such matters as they are most private. I have heard of Avatars speaking through their hosts but piloting a helicopter...now that is something new indeed."

He nodded somberly, "Branding the Avatar is a bit too harsh, but the merits of heat branding are there - greater pain than tattooing makes for a better reminder of why a crime was a bad idea, beyond merely leaving a visible mark. In the words of Robert Heinlein, punishment needs to be cruel and unusual to serve as a learning experience. Emphasis on learning. Driving someone mad is not educational..."

"Well there are benefits and drawbacks to using physical pain as punishment but yes if it was only a physical branding, and that is used at times as well, called a lesser branding without the capital B, then I have no great objection to there being some pain as long as the criminal have had a proper defense and a fair trial and are taken care of afterwards, but branding an Avatar, other than the extreme pain of such an act, I have never experienced it myself but I have three members of my Chantry that have and they always pale when talking about it, well other than that like I said, it is wrong to punish the soul for what the host do."
Daisy said then she sigh.
"And just driving someone mad as they did with Gerard...is serves no purpose, it is just cruel."

He smiled, "I'm sure something can be arranged; an exchange of favours is, I think, quite plausible. While I can't speak for the Deacon Primus - Heavens forbid, the man's a Hermetic Archmage several times over and I'm an Orphan, barely a double Initiate - he is a kindly old man who doesn't like to see needless suffering."

"I appreciate anything you can do and if Master Steelhaven can be asked to help Gerard you and him will have my gratitude."
Daisy said and nodded.
"Gerard deserves some peace of mind now, he have suffered enough."

He glanced at his watch, "But, since we seem to have reached an accord, I really must be going - I have to retrieve some people and bring them to safety before I rejoin the strike team. I trust you can gather those you need to bring and get to Morningstar on your own? Security Chief Joakim will be anticipating your arrival."

"Ah yes do not let me keep you Mr Wainwright. I will get myself to Morningstar yes but I can not bring many others to the fight, there are only eight members of this Chantry, and four of them are not someone I would bring into such a situation, they either are to frail like Gerard or have other...issues...there are three more I might ask though...one of those are a Rebis though...will that shock anyone, they are rather sensitive about being rejected for their nature."
The Deaconess said as she lead Colin to the door, her layers of yellow lace swishing around her as she moved.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Colin grimaced, "The nail that sticks up will be hammered down... An old, deplorable policy of stagnant power. And dangerous; it teaches the forces of change to be subtle before the tyrant is toppled."
He nodded, "I'm sure she will, so long as you tell her after. She might be a bit hurt until then, but I think she'll be quite willing to forgive when you tell her why."
He picked up the ten rounds, one by one, and looked at them, "I'll say this for the Union, they do very good mass production work... Should I ever crack the secret of making Primium, myself, I'm sure I could give you a good deal on additional munitions, but for now... do you have a box I could carry them in? I would rather not keep them loose in my pocket; general principle of the thing, you know."
He grinned almost savagely, "Yes, and imagine what might happen if a Fallen fishes out some of their favourite little magical snacks in the head of battle, only to have it literally blow up in their faces? It would severely affect their strategic options, since carrying around tass would become a liability all of a sudden."
He shook his head, "Pattern, actually... It would seem that pulling my strings and using my skills like that was the logical course of action. I suspect it's unwilling to do so while I'm at full faculties, since I can't quite seem to remember enough to learn from it - but surviving to piece together the clues later is still preferable to perishing prematurely."
He nodded thoughtfully, "A Rebis? They seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days... Sorry, I should clarify, we have one visiting at Steelhaven Hall right now; she'd been... very wrongly treated for, well, it pertains to the compromised individuals I mentioned. I believe my Cabalmate, Mr. Adley Roth Hicks, knows more about that, though. At any rate, I can't say whether anyone would be shocked; intrigued, most likely, but whether there will be any immediate reactions depends on how they present, I suppose."
He bowed and stepped out of the game room, and looked around for Mark.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Colin grimaced, "The nail that sticks up will be hammered down... An old, deplorable policy of stagnant power. And dangerous; it teaches the forces of change to be subtle before the tyrant is toppled."

"Yes indeed unfortunately this is all to common."
The Deaconess said and sigh.

He nodded, "I'm sure she will, so long as you tell her after. She might be a bit hurt until then, but I think she'll be quite willing to forgive when you tell her why."

"I hope she will. Julaner is a reasonable woman so I am sure she will eventually understand, though perhaps of her will probably take it as one more rejection, one more person that do not fully trust her because of her past."
She said sadly.

He picked up the ten rounds, one by one, and looked at them, "I'll say this for the Union, they do very good mass production work... Should I ever crack the secret of making Primium, myself, I'm sure I could give you a good deal on additional munitions, but for now... do you have a box I could carry them in? I would rather not keep them loose in my pocket; general principle of the thing, you know."

"Well no one have ever complained about the Union's skill or for that matter their efficiency, it is their ethics and goals I find lacking."
Daisy said as she walked over to a small desk that stood close to the window in one end of the room and rummaged around in it until she came up with a box that held refills for a pen, she emptied out the little containers of ink onto the desk and then walked over to Colin and handed him the small cardboard box.
"Will this do Mr Wainwright? And yes if you ever learn such secrets I would be most interesting."

He grinned almost savagely, "Yes, and imagine what might happen if a Fallen fishes out some of their favourite little magical snacks in the head of battle, only to have it literally blow up in their faces? It would severely affect their strategic options, since carrying around tass would become a liability all of a sudden."

"Once at the Chantry I was trained in, this slip of an Orphan girl got into an argument with one of the Deacons, a Master of the Art and he challenged her to a Duel Arcane, not a Certamen that have rules that would give her a chance but a all out magickal conflict, to teach the girl a lesson. The Orphan agreed, she was not magickally potent but she knew what to do with what she had, she had invented this simple rote that merely changed the placement of a ward, it did not dispel it, it only moved it...now this old Hermetic had this habit of casting an old Hermetic rote called the circular ward against...well insert whatever you want to be protected against, every time he went into a fight, and he did so this time as well, and the Orphan girl merely changed the ward she knew would be there so it was located right next to the old Master's skin, making his metal wand fly out of his hand...as well as the buttons on his jacket and buckle on his belt, then when he was confused for a moment she hit him over the head with a book, rendering him unconscious and winning the duel...seeing that taught me to be careful of creative Orphans who knows how to use what they got to the maximum effect."
The cyborg said sounding amused.

He shook his head, "Pattern, actually... It would seem that pulling my strings and using my skills like that was the logical course of action. I suspect it's unwilling to do so while I'm at full faculties, since I can't quite seem to remember enough to learn from it - but surviving to piece together the clues later is still preferable to perishing prematurely."

"Pattern I see, the same as me then...hum well your Avatar must really want to keep you alive for a while then, usually it is the Primordials that are the, if you excuse the term...peculiar ones, then again Avatars are not my specialty, it is good that it saved you Mr Wainwright."

He nodded thoughtfully, "A Rebis? They seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days... Sorry, I should clarify, we have one visiting at Steelhaven Hall right now; she'd been... very wrongly treated for, well, it pertains to the compromised individuals I mentioned. I believe my Cabalmate, Mr. Adley Roth Hicks, knows more about that, though. At any rate, I can't say whether anyone would be shocked; intrigued, most likely, but whether there will be any immediate reactions depends on how they present, I suppose."

"I have heard there where one of them living in Boston, Rebis are rare these days, well they always where but very few are born like that now in these days full of Paradox. The problem with my Chantrymate is that one of their halves where a Verbena before the joining and their Tradition have not reacted well, forcing them to flee from their home Chantry and Tribunal...they really are magnificent creatures though, and that the crimes of one of their kind still make all of his kind be looked at with suspicion to this day really are a shame."

He bowed and stepped out of the game room, and looked around for Mark.

You find Mark down the stairs in the hallway, he had a green coffee mug in one hand and was talking with Daria and another black haired young woman that looked so like her that the pair had to be sisters.
"Mr Wainwright are your meeting completed, are you ready to go?"
He asked as he saw you coming down the stairs, he quickly swallowed the rest of the coffee and handed the cup back to Daria.
"Thank you, both of you."
He said and the sullen young woman just shrugged while her sister, that was dressed pretty much the same way save that her black hoodie had print from a comic book on it and her hair was a bit longer and worn in a short ponytail, nodded she glanced over at Colin as well her gaze critical cut curious.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Colin nodded, "If I see her, I will apologize and tell her it was not out of suspicion, but for her own safety... She might accept that."
He neatly stacked the bullets in the box, and made sure they wouldn't bounce too much inside, "This should do nicely, thank you... Yes, I've seen the effect of the Union's regenerative serum. At the same time, I was informed of its origins. Magnificently effective, but cruel to its donors... the man who was saved by it was grateful, but some of his fellow Verbena who came a little too late to save him first were rather upset at what I'd allowed to save his skin. Ah, this was at the Boston Umbral Docks; the only physician in at the moment was a Technocrat. Neutral ground, that sort of thing."
He grinned, "Clever girl, that Orphan... I might want to meet her and exchange notes at some point. And hopefully that Deacon learned the lesson a few Masters I know of understand - an innovative Initiate is magnitudes more frightening than a stagnated Master..."
He nodded thoughtfully, "It would seem reasonable to assume my Avatar has some foreknowledge of the future, and has determined that keeping me intact is the logical thing to do, even if that requires seemingly irrational action from time to time - time and again I've picked up on things from it; piecing together what I already know quickly to build something new, sort of like building a bridge across a river, brick by brick."
He arched an eyebrow, "Half Verbena... what was the other half? Hermetic Flambeau?"

Colin nodded, "Quite ready to go. I'll call home about the arrangement in the car."
He bowed quickly to the girls, "Miladies, I'm sorry to abscond with your conversation, but I rather did employ his services as a chauffeur tonight."
He arched an eyebrow at the sister and grinned roguishly, "Yes, miss, they're real."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Colin nodded, "If I see her, I will apologize and tell her it was not out of suspicion, but for her own safety... She might accept that."

"Thank you...it might be something she will accept."
The Deaconess said but she did not seam convinced.

He neatly stacked the bullets in the box, and made sure they wouldn't bounce too much inside, "This should do nicely, thank you... Yes, I've seen the effect of the Union's regenerative serum. At the same time, I was informed of its origins. Magnificently effective, but cruel to its donors... the man who was saved by it was grateful, but some of his fellow Verbena who came a little too late to save him first were rather upset at what I'd allowed to save his skin. Ah, this was at the Boston Umbral Docks; the only physician in at the moment was a Technocrat. Neutral ground, that sort of thing."

"Yes I have heard about Boston's Umbral docks, though I have never been there."
Daisy said and nodded.
"The Union means well, at least that much can be said about them, they means well, but they do not care that much about who they hurt along the way to get there and that is the problem."
She muttered.
"Pray tell what are their regenerative serum made from? Also yes I can imagine the Verbena would not be to please at you letting a member of the Technocracy treat one of their own."

He grinned, "Clever girl, that Orphan... I might want to meet her and exchange notes at some point. And hopefully that Deacon learned the lesson a few Masters I know of understand - an innovative Initiate is magnitudes more frightening than a stagnated Master..."

"Yes she is, and I am sure she would love that if she where ever to cross your path."
The cyborg nodded in agreement.
"Yes he grumbled for a while but acted with honor and acknowledged the girl as the winner of the match, yes indeed a cleaver Initiate can be far more terrifying than a stagnated old Master who have never had to use his godlike powers for anything more than showing off."

He nodded thoughtfully, "It would seem reasonable to assume my Avatar has some foreknowledge of the future, and has determined that keeping me intact is the logical thing to do, even if that requires seemingly irrational action from time to time - time and again I've picked up on things from it; piecing together what I already know quickly to build something new, sort of like building a bridge across a river, brick by brick."

"Well who knows what Avatars know, some say they are all knowing and perfect and that is why they take human hosts so that they can become flawed and by that able to learn and grow. At least it seams that your soul want to keep you alive Mr Wainwright, perhaps there is some grand scheme to it or perhaps he just likes you."

He arched an eyebrow, "Half Verbena... what was the other half? Hermetic Flambeau?"

"Now that would be...quite a combination. No the other half is less surprising, House Solificati, and at least that side is overjoyed at the union, the Verbena side of relatives through not so much, after all the Verbena did manage to all but exterminate the entire Solificati Tradition back in the day, and the witches never forget a slight or insult."

Colin nodded, "Quite ready to go. I'll call home about the arrangement in the car."

Mark nodded at that.
"Let us go then...ladies it was nice talking with you again."
He said and smiled to the sisters, Daria though just gave a glum look in reply, the other young woman offered a smile though."

He bowed quickly to the girls, "Miladies, I'm sorry to abscond with your conversation, but I rather did employ his services as a chauffeur tonight."
He arched an eyebrow at the sister and grinned roguishly, "Yes, miss, they're real."

"Well don't let us keep you..."
Daria grumbled. Her sister cocked her head to the side then she gave an rather creepy grin.
"I can see that...did they hurt...your scars?"
She said and licked her lips. Mark all but groaned and gave you an apologetic look over the sister's behavior, one sullen and grumpy and the other...odd...just odd...
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Yes that is how it works, it is a fairly simple spell I would teach it to you but as far as I am told you are not a linear mage Sir and probably would not understand my instruction and I understand that it is harder to make items carry magick for a long time for an Awakened mage due to the dynamic nature of your abilities. But yes you have the instructions down pat."

"Yes, while I remember the previous degrees I've taken I would have to adjust it to my current understanding to make something like this work now. Though you're right, it would be much harder for me to make the effect last or be reused as many times as you have done."

"If you need me for anything I will either be, probably in the common room watching over my little brother or in the library with my own student." He said and gave you and nod of the head.
Joakim nodded as well. "I have some tasks to do and people to talk to Mr Roth Hicks. If you need me for anything you have my number." He said and then the two hedge wizards left.

He nodded respectfully to them both as they took their leave. Joakim had his hands full now that he knew what the hell was going on and they both knew what was at stake. Once the pair had left, Adley closed the door to the single ritual room and walked the circle before he entered it, acknowledging the quarters and aspects as he went. He then placed the candle on the end for fire and knelt down in front of it. "Master Jeffry Morgan," he intoned and directed internally as if he were calling a spirit in front of others other aspects of his relationship-Name to him: his pater of the House Flambeau. Then he lit the candle with his lighter and backed off towards the quarter for communication, settling into a meditative posture. Then he called the man up on the phone, urging himself to stillness so he could watch the candle's glimmering flame.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Colin nodded, "The Union has a... noble goal, back from their early days. The unpalatable part is when they added 'At Any Cost' to that goal... The regenerative serum is made from... people. Specifically, prisoners' bone marrow. As the Progenitor who administered it pointed out, the stuff grows back, even if it's a painful extraction process. No care for those under their heel..."
He pondered for a moment, "Perhaps it would be safe to hazard that the Solificati and the Verbena who joined themselves so... intimately intended to try to build a bridge over old grudges held by their, well, families? It would seem a strong motivator for such a rather extreme act."

He thought for a moment, "No, the scars didn't really hurt much... the missile that took my face off, on the other hand, was rather a bother."
He grinned, "I'm afraid I'm rather in a hurry, ladies, so we'll have to bid you goodnight."
He patted Mark on the back, and turned for the door, "Let's go, Mark, we'll talk a bit further on the way, hmm?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Adley:

"Yes, while I remember the previous degrees I've taken I would have to adjust it to my current understanding to make something like this work now. Though you're right, it would be much harder for me to make the effect last or be reused as many times as you have done."

"It is hard to nail down change and make it sit still as my mentor usually says."
Derrick said and Joakim smiles a little.
"You can make up what magick you need on the fly while I need a researched and planned out spell that will always give the same result, but my magic being static is easier to nail down."
The younger hedge wizard said and nodded.

He nodded respectfully to them both as they took their leave. Joakim had his hands full now that he knew what the hell was going on and they both knew what was at stake. Once the pair had left, Adley closed the door to the single ritual room and walked the circle before he entered it, acknowledging the quarters and aspects as he went. He then placed the candle on the end for fire and knelt down in front of it. "Master Jeffry Morgan," he intoned and directed internally as if he were calling a spirit in front of others other aspects of his relationship-Name to him: his pater of the House Flambeau. Then he lit the candle with his lighter and backed off towards the quarter for communication, settling into a meditative posture. Then he called the man up on the phone, urging himself to stillness so he could watch the candle's glimmering flame.

The candle flame burned bright and pure as you light it, when you called up your mentor though and the old Hermetic answered the phone you could see it begin to flicker and you also heard several voices around your mentor.
"Mea filius one moment let me step into my office so we can talk privately."
You heard the man say in a tired voice then he made his excuses to Ryan who was telling him some news, and Hildegard who was informing him on the progress on the villa Node from what you heard then you heard him open a door and step inside his office and close the door again and the candle stopped flickering.
"How are things in Chicago? Any news."
Jeffry asked and you hear him sitting down in his office chair heavily.
"We can talk now I am in my office alone."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The Union has a... noble goal, back from their early days. The unpalatable part is when they added 'At Any Cost' to that goal... The regenerative serum is made from... people. Specifically, prisoners' bone marrow. As the Progenitor who administered it pointed out, the stuff grows back, even if it's a painful extraction process. No care for those under their heel..."

"When any group add the at any cost to their goal there tend to be problems Mr Wainwright...eventually then even lofty goals can become corrupted."
Daisy said and sigh.
"No they have little regards for their prisoners...as I got to experience first hand."
You see one lace covered hand form into a first for a moment before she relaxed.
"One day we will take them down though...one day."

He pondered for a moment, "Perhaps it would be safe to hazard that the Solificati and the Verbena who joined themselves so... intimately intended to try to build a bridge over old grudges held by their, well, families? It would seem a strong motivator for such a rather extreme act."

"Oh it was never their choice Mr Wainwright, if it had been then I would be less critical of the Verbenas' reaction. There have only been one artificial Rebis as far as we know, Rebis as not created they are born, they are one person from birth but are born in two bodies sometimes far apart from one another. Usually these people Awaken young and have powerful Avatars but even if everything should suggest they will develop quickly magickally they do not, they linger around Apprentice and Initiate degrees in a few Spheres never moving past that...not until they feel the call, a call they can neither explain or resist, and when they eventually follow that calling they will find one another and merge together mind, body and soul...that is a true Rebis...Heylel Teomim Thoabath was never born a Rebis he recreated the phenomena using advanced alchemy, and no one have been able to do the same since."
The Deaconess explained.

He thought for a moment, "No, the scars didn't really hurt much... the missile that took my face off, on the other hand, was rather a bother."

"A missile? You are quite durable then...good...good I like durable men."
The black haired girl said and gave another creepy grin and Mark sigh again.
"And that is our cue to leave would you not say Mr Wainwright...good evening ladies."
He said and bowed and headed to the door then he whispered to you.
"Sorry the sisters are a bit...unusual."

He grinned, "I'm afraid I'm rather in a hurry, ladies, so we'll have to bid you goodnight."
He patted Mark on the back, and turned for the door, "Let's go, Mark, we'll talk a bit further on the way, hmm?"

Daria just grunted and turned on her heel and headed for another room, her sister though grinned at you.
"That is a shame...do come back if you ever feel lonely durable man."
She urged you before she headed after her sisters. Mark nodded and headed out of the Chantry and out to where he had left the car, he got in and waited for you to do the same.
"Where to now? Oh and I am sorry about the sisters they...are an unusual case. If you ever see them in a dark ally with none of their Chantrymates to keep them in line though...I would advice you to run."
He said and he did not look like he was joking.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Colin frowned, "That's a bit more... unplanned than I had previously understood it. I begin to understand more how magnificent a genius Teomim was. Tragic, really, how he was driven to his last, desperate act..."

He arched an eyebrow, "I'm sorry, miss, but I'm afraid that's rather out of the question; dibs have already been called and the future is set. I'm rather certain I'm not worth the Paradox..."

He got into the car and scratched his cheek, "I take it they have some rather... peculiar tastes in personal entertainment, then? I'll take your warning at face value, and let my girlfriend know."
He fished out his phone, "Now, I'll need to let Chief Joakim know Deaconess Darnell will assist us, in the meantime we need to get to Caroline Street in Galewood."
Calling Joakim, he waited for an answer, and simply said, "Darnell agreed to help, will be coming soon, possibly with extra help. Commencing to second objective. Let you know before we return."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:46 pm

"Mea filius one moment let me step into my office so we can talk privately." You heard the man say in a tired voice..."How are things in Chicago? Any news."Jeffry asked and you hear him sitting down in his office chair heavily. "We can talk now I am in my office alone."

Adley waited until his mentor was ready to hear what he had to say and the dancing flame settled itself again, taking a measure of comfort in hearing his voice. There was still the lingering feeling of having looked for him for ages and having missed him for as many years and then trudged on the long path...in many ways he felt like he was still walking on it and he thought that he probably was in a manner of speaking. "Things are busy, pater. I have a great deal of important things to relate. If you're in as secure an area as you can be that's for the better. And you might want to get your pen ready," he began, watching to see if he flame reacted to his voice, or if it seemed disturbed in other ways that should concern him. "Before I begin, how long did it take you to teach me the major rote I learned the last summer of my apprenticeship?" He waited a moment as he listened for the right answer.

// lol Colin's sense of humour - The scars didn't hurt but that rocket... xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned, "That's a bit more... unplanned than I had previously understood it. I begin to understand more how magnificent a genius Teomim was. Tragic, really, how he was driven to his last, desperate act..."

"Yes he was a genius, indeed and the jury is still out on whatever or not he was a hero or a villain, perhaps a bit of both, the fact still remains through that if he had not done what he did, the Traditions would have been vastly different, then again betraying your Cabal is one of the most dishonorable things one can do as a mage."

He arched an eyebrow, "I'm sorry, miss, but I'm afraid that's rather out of the question; dibs have already been called and the future is set. I'm rather certain I'm not worth the Paradox..."

The black haired woman made an exuberant sigh.
"That is a shame, you might be durable enough that I doubt not need a chaperone to be sure I did not kill you...well if you ever should change your mind, you know where to find me."
She said and grinned showing to much teeth and then walked away towards the door her sister had vanished into.

He got into the car and scratched his cheek, "I take it they have some rather... peculiar tastes in personal entertainment, then? I'll take your warning at face value, and let my girlfriend know."

"Yeah you can say that again...let us just say that Horizon royally screwed them up, Deaconess Darnell keep the pair on a short leash for a reason."
Mark said and started up the car.
"That is wise Mr Wainwright...that is indeed wise."

He fished out his phone, "Now, I'll need to let Chief Joakim know Deaconess Darnell will assist us, in the meantime we need to get to Caroline Street in Galewood."

"Very well, I will head in that direction while you make you call then."
The Hollow One said as he begun to drive away from the quiet little neighborhood and the villa with it's rather unusual residents.

Calling Joakim, he waited for an answer, and simply said, "Darnell agreed to help, will be coming soon, possibly with extra help. Commencing to second objective. Let you know before we return."

You get a reply from Chief Joakim.
"Yes..."
The man then listen to your rapport and replied.
"Excellent, let me know when you are coming back to the Chantry."

Adley:

"Things are busy, pater. I have a great deal of important things to relate. If you're in as secure an area as you can be that's for the better.

"I am in my office and have locked the door. I am in a secure place, though a small rote to prevent eavesdropping might not be a bad idea, give me one second mea filius."
The old Hermetic said and you can hear his soft muttering of Latin words and you can imagine how his hands would gracefully form the sigils he was fond of using for his magick, then he picked the phone back up.
"There we are, we should be able to talk as privately as these damned modern contraptions you call phones will allow."
He grumbled.

And you might want to get your pen ready,"

"Very well..."
Your Mentor says and you can hear him opening his notebook on his desk.

he began, watching to see if he flame reacted to his voice, or if it seemed disturbed in other ways that should concern him. "Before I begin, how long did it take you to teach me the major rote I learned the last summer of my apprenticeship?" He waited a moment as he listened for the right answer.

The flame was still, it did not seam like your voice disturbed it, nor did it seam to flicker more than a candle flame always did.
"After two months I gave up and asked your sister to teach you, thinking a younger mage might get it through your thick skull and she managed to teach you in one evening, a bit of a strike on my pride but at least you learned."
Your mentor said, there was a bit of fondness in his voice, for both you and Helena, yes indeed he had asked his other apprentice to help teach you the somewhat complicated Forces rote he had difficulty imparting to you himself, a rote he assumed you would find useful during your upcoming Gauntlet.
"And then for you then what where the first Paradox backlash you ever had. I remember you coming to me with it, quite concerned, the backlash was not serious all young mages experience it sooner or later and it only lasted a night, but what was a ailment?"
Your mentor asked, truth to be told he had probably been more upset and worried than you that night now years ago, he could be quite doting on his apprentices when he felt he needed to be.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:12 am

Colin nodded, "I think, perhaps, that he accepted the mantle of villain to save the Traditions - I've read The Fragile Path, and from what I can tell... I don't think he was motivated by Heroism, so much as the mere survival of the Traditions. He saw what was coming, and was desperate to find a way the others would see as well... so he did a horrible thing for the best of reasons, and stood tall to face the consequences. I hope I never have to make that sort of decision; I'm not sure I'd be quite up to that level of courage."

He grimaced, "I would not like to have to defend myself from that girl... I'm afraid I am very good at defense, to a permanent degree. And that would upset the good Deaconess, I fear..."
He listened to Joakim's reply, and nodded, "Will do, Sir. Good luck on your end."
Then he hung up, pocketed the phone with the Primium rounds, and leaned back in the seat, "Well, that part went exceedingly well... The Deaconess Darnell will visit Morningstar shortly to join a strike team. Hopefully, we will be able to take down the anticipated defenses quickly and provide additional tactical support quickly. As for us, we're going to number 23 Caroline Street to bring a woman and her daughter into protective custody. The child is Awakened, the mother, though... well, best be careful with the use of magic there, just in case. Might want to take a few moments to tidy up the back seat, too."

((OOC: Well, the rocket WAS the part that really hurt! He was mostly unconscious when they stitched him back together! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:47 am

"After two months I gave up and asked your sister to teach you...but what was a ailment?"

Despite himself he smiled a touch, wryly. Not his finest hour either, really. "The ailment was extreme embarrassment and bruised ribs. I had spontaneously magnetized a field around my hands and fingers, opposite poles and when I brought them too close together to do another rote, I found I could not part them again of my own accord. Also, it felt like I was squeezed bodily by an invisible giant's hand." Not to mention the humiliation of looking like he was perpetually congratulating himself in a handshake...thankfully it had only been temporary. Helena still teased him about the 'Finger Trap' spell.

Once the rote was in place he continued, keeping a careful eye on the flame as well as anyone casting shadows near the door and ready to end the call if anything alerted him. "We have determined the overall extent of the Nephandi's strategy between here and Boston. It is complicated but the pieces were fit together over the course of several years. There is set to be an execution of the vampire I previously mentioned to enrich the node there. It is as we feared, they will try to harvest him for the tass. They planned then to take that highly entropic tass and send it to Boston to help with the summoning of the Aswadim. They plan on -embodying- said Aswadim, I assume for the purpose of keeping him on this plane to do that woman's bidding." He frowned to himself. "There are a few things they need to do that, including a host with specific attributes, instructions, possibly for the purpose of how to bind it into a body, and a few sacrifices for their caul. As well, they have chosen a backup and need a stash of tass," he began, knowing he would want the specifics and that's when things would get 'interesting' but he started with the general plan first.

"We also have intelligence on the vampire situation as well as Abigail, her labyrinth and its membership - however the latter is fortified though they are down membership, dragging her out of there would be better than having to dig her out. In the matter of the vampire situation, I will need to set up the aformentioned escape plan. My contact is trying to get input on the matter so that we know which option to take. I implied it would be easier to get them all to take the same one. In the matter of Abigail, I did wonder if you had found anything of use with the intel we sent back earlier tonight. Also, there is a matter of moving some written testimony from somewhere and to a safe place...without using the mail system for the time being."

// true enough, I imagine it's delivery was dry though xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:43 am

Colin nodded, "I think, perhaps, that he accepted the mantle of villain to save the Traditions - I've read The Fragile Path, and from what I can tell... I don't think he was motivated by Heroism, so much as the mere survival of the Traditions. He saw what was coming, and was desperate to find a way the others would see as well... so he did a horrible thing for the best of reasons, and stood tall to face the consequences. I hope I never have to make that sort of decision; I'm not sure I'd be quite up to that level of courage."

"He was courageous that is for sure, he knew what he did would cost him dearly and it did. No it have to be a horrible position to be in, to see the Traditions crumble all around and and yet be powerless to do anything about it other than a terrible thing."
Daisy said and sigh
"I think few can imagine being faced with such a choice."

He grimaced, "I would not like to have to defend myself from that girl... I'm afraid I am very good at defense, to a permanent degree. And that would upset the good Deaconess, I fear..."

"That it would the Deaconess is very protective of her Chantrymates, then again part of that protection is that she do not let the sisters out of the Chantry without a chaperone, still be careful around them, you have clearly gotten their interest and that is never a good thing."

He listened to Joakim's reply, and nodded, "Will do, Sir. Good luck on your end."

"The same to you."
Joakim said to your wishes of good luck.

Then he hung up, pocketed the phone with the Primium rounds, and leaned back in the seat, "Well, that part went exceedingly well... The Deaconess Darnell will visit Morningstar shortly to join a strike team. Hopefully, we will be able to take down the anticipated defenses quickly and provide additional tactical support quickly.

"Hum...well that is good to hear."
Mark said but as he did not have the full story nor full information that was all he had to say about it, he did not ask though, with this much secrecy going on he did not expect to get an answer if he did.

As for us, we're going to number 23 Caroline Street to bring a woman and her daughter into protective custody. The child is Awakened, the mother, though... well, best be careful with the use of magic there, just in case. Might want to take a few moments to tidy up the back seat, too."

"Very well, I hope that will go as smoothly as the first part of this little expedition then."
He said and smiles.
"Yes I probably should clean out of the back seat before getting guests back there."
The Hollow One muttered as he drove up next to an apartment building.
"Well we are here, do you want me to come up with you or wait here Mr Wainwright?"

Adley:

Despite himself he smiled a touch, wryly. Not his finest hour either, really. "The ailment was extreme embarrassment and bruised ribs. I had spontaneously magnetized a field around my hands and fingers, opposite poles and when I brought them too close together to do another rote, I found I could not part them again of my own accord. Also, it felt like I was squeezed bodily by an invisible giant's hand." Not to mention the humiliation of looking like he was perpetually congratulating himself in a handshake...thankfully it had only been temporary. Helena still teased him about the 'Finger Trap' spell.

Jeffry gave a bit of a chuckle at that.
"Well you have to look at it as a lesson well learned about the dangers of Paradox."
He said though he had been far less amused about it at the time, and quite concerned about his young apprentice though the effect had only lasted for one night.

Once the rote was in place he continued, keeping a careful eye on the flame as well as anyone casting shadows near the door and ready to end the call if anything alerted him. "We have determined the overall extent of the Nephandi's strategy between here and Boston. It is complicated but the pieces were fit together over the course of several years. There is set to be an execution of the vampire I previously mentioned to enrich the node there. It is as we feared, they will try to harvest him for the tass.

"That is not good mea filius, I do not know much about vampires but one thing I know, there are an enormous amount of Tass inside of them, a fairly young one will house around twelve drams the more powerful ones it can be many times that, the only reason it have not become an issue of power hungry magi with little in the line of moral scruples hunting these creatures down for their magickal resources is that the Tass is so corrupted it is far from safe to use...for the Nephandi though that is only a bonus I would presume...such a sacrifice would be potent."
Jeffry said then he added sounding a bit concerned.
"And what about you mea filius, how do you feel about this situation that so closely touch on what is probably a past life of your Avatar?"

They planned then to take that highly entropic tass and send it to Boston to help with the summoning of the Aswadim. They plan on -embodying- said Aswadim, I assume for the purpose of keeping him on this plane to do that woman's bidding."

The old Hermetic was silent for a moment.
"That is...not good."
Was all he eventually said.
"We need to stop such a plan from being fulfilled at all costs..."

He frowned to himself. "There are a few things they need to do that, including a host with specific attributes, instructions, possibly for the purpose of how to bind it into a body, and a few sacrifices for their caul. As well, they have chosen a backup and need a stash of tass," he began, knowing he would want the specifics and that's when things would get 'interesting' but he started with the general plan first.

"I see, and how much of this do they already have?"
Your Mentor asked, then the line of questions came.
"What attributes do the host need to have, and what about the back up you mentioned? Do they have the instructions on how to do this? The sacrifices for their Caul is that a powerful student of Ars Temporis that have been after for a while?"
The old Hermetic asked to get a better picture of what was going on and how close the Nephandi where to completing their goals.
"Damn that woman, this could...spell the doom for us all, damn her."

"We also have intelligence on the vampire situation as well as Abigail, her labyrinth and its membership - however the latter is fortified though they are down membership, dragging her out of there would be better than having to dig her out.

"I agree that dragging this Abigail out is better than having to dig her out, the question is only how to do that with what little time we have, do you have any plans on that mea filius?"

In the matter of the vampire situation, I will need to set up the aformentioned escape plan. My contact is trying to get input on the matter so that we know which option to take. I implied it would be easier to get them all to take the same one.

"It is easier but not that much easier, if we are going to store them, we will need blood for them, and while that might be the safest option, it is far easier to get them out of Chicago and sent to some other city."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Let me know what your contact chooses for her...ehm, relatives."

In the matter of Abigail, I did wonder if you had found anything of use with the intel we sent back earlier tonight. Also, there is a matter of moving some written testimony from somewhere and to a safe place...without using the mail system for the time being."

"Yes I called one of the members of Riverside, the mentor of your Cabalmate the good doctor in fact, who is a physician by trade and he made some inquiries. There is a woman by that name admitted to the psychiatric hospital you specified, and from what he can find out it do not seam that the hospital is run by anything magickal, the cruelty that go on there are the sleepers' own doing, I have set plans in motion to get the woman out, worst case scenario we will fetch her through the Umbra."
Your mentor said and sigh.
"Our youngest Deacon have said himself willing to help deliver and bring correspondences until things settle down."
Your Mentor said, he was a little vary of names over the phone.
"But off course I do not want him to get to much Paradox, I do trust the kid though, even if he is a technomancer."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:35 am

Colin pondered for a moment, "I think I'd rather have you wait and keep the car ready, just in case. If we get unwanted company, let me know, here's my phone number," he handed Mark one of his business cards, "if there's trouble up there, you'll hear it quickly, I'm afraid... The child's father is a Fallen renegade; the child is one of us, as it were. There's no reason to assume that the Fallen leader knows about this place, but there's equally no reason to assume she doesn't, so stay on your guard. If you have a suitable surveillance rote or two in your repertoire - anything to spot magic, essentially - that might be useful about now."
He stepped out of the car and put his Prime monocle in his eye socket, "Magia conspectus... ack."
He grimaced, "Nothing to worry about, my Avatar just itches when I do things; I was attempted gilguled earlier tonight, and my Avatar is a little sore, even if undamaged. Bloody Nephandi..."

((OOC: Arete roll for the monocle, 5,7,7 - excellent, that should keep it going until he's back down again, I think...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Colin pondered for a moment, "I think I'd rather have you wait and keep the car ready, just in case. If we get unwanted company, let me know, here's my phone number," he handed Mark one of his business cards, "if there's trouble up there, you'll hear it quickly, I'm afraid...

"Very well, I can wait here for you to arrive back with our guests."
Mark said he quickly put the phone number from your card into his contact list on his phone.
"And here is mine in case you need help and I do not hear it."
He said and scribbled his own number on the back of the card you had handed him and gave it back to you.

The child's father is a Fallen renegade; the child is one of us, as it were. There's no reason to assume that the Fallen leader knows about this place, but there's equally no reason to assume she doesn't, so stay on your guard. If you have a suitable surveillance rote or two in your repertoire - anything to spot magic, essentially - that might be useful about now."

"Hum...more Nephandi business...well it is time we help this child then so he or she do not end up in their claws."
Mark said and sigh.
"I will keep my eyes open and yes I might have a rote or two for surveillance in my repertoire."
He said and then pulled out his deck of cards and flipped through them until he found some cards with blue borders.

He stepped out of the car and put his Prime monocle in his eye socket, "Magia conspectus... ack."

There do not appear to be much magick in the garage, the resonance of the place is old and dry with some fresh bits of Dynamism representing recent repair work. Mark leaned out of the car window and gave you a concerned look.
"Are you alright?"

He grimaced, "Nothing to worry about, my Avatar just itches when I do things; I was attempted gilguled earlier tonight, and my Avatar is a little sore, even if undamaged. Bloody Nephandi..."

The Hollow One just started at you for a moment as if he did not believe what he just heard.
"Excuse me what?"
He said then cough and tried again.
"You where what? Ehm...and you speak about it like if someone spilled their morning coffee on you and now you have a cold from walking around with wet clothes...seriously man...if that had been me I would have been hiding under a table and wetting my pants...are you sure you are ok I mean...shit!"

(OOC: Colin have a way with dry deliveries. Razz Sorry for my late reply I overslept and nearly missed an appointment and did not have the time to reply before now, busy day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Colin accepted the card back and tapped the number into his phone, "Good - at least one can warn the other to get clear, should the shit hit the fan."
He nodded, "Hopefully, it will be some time yet before the Nephandi leader realizes the child's father has gone rogue, and ideally, she doesn't know he had a kid..."
He grinned wryly, "Your expression was almost, but not quite worth the pain of it... One of the Nephandi at the post office tried to use me as a hostage. It... didn't work out too well for her; she's dead and my Avatar has, of all preposterous things, molted and become stronger. On the other hand, I was unconscious for two days in a time bubble afterwards, and using magic itches like nothing you could imagine, but yes... I can afford a cavalier attitude about it since I was unharmed by the magnificently failed attempt."
He chuckled softly at his incredible dumb luck and headed for the stairs, for apartment 74...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum