Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 5 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Colin sighed, "True, chances are you won't make it... Then again, stranger things have happened, even recently. Don't give up prematurely."
He nodded sagely, trying to not let on that she let something tactical slip, "Quite; I'm given to understand he's quite skilled at healing, though - saving your life like he did must have taken quite a bit out of him. Though I'll note it seems he has some problems getting quality tools and parts for his work, that gun of his looked rather... shoddy."
He smiled thinly, "Well, I suppose you'll get to hear it soon enough anyway... I'm Colin. And we really should have a name by which to call you, in lieu of anyone speaking that... rather unique language of yours."
He smiled, "No, it's not depression, perhaps - but thinking it's alright to make that decision on behalf of the world, without concern that others might not agree with such a drastic goal might qualify as any one of a number of... problems. It is, however, a subject for later debates, I think."
He grinned, "I think you are fortunate, then... One of those games almost put an end to the entire home console industry back in the day, on account of what a rushed, unplayable abomination it was. Another was as full of wrong as the South Park cartoon, only without the good taste and sharp wit... But that was thirty years ago, and the industry endured."
He frowned, "I don't know for sure, either... I only vaguely remember much of the nineties, in any case; recovering from my war wound, you know. The name of a children's game I never played is, alas, not something I recall easily."
He smiled, "You're kind to animals; that might speak in your favour when... Ah, here we go."
He nodded back to the Quaesitor, "Well met, Sir. I am Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall. This Fallen girl needs medical care before anything else, and... I should like to discuss a few matters in private, if that's alright with you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 5 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Adley Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Once you tell her that she can send Karl and the ghoul she replies. "Very well I am heading back and will tell them as soon as I am back, but where should I send them I still do not have an address."

"Good, thank you. Ring or text me when you're back then, pardon." After he hung up he pinched out the candle he got up and headed to the next task.

"I opened the envelope to check that it just contained documents." The Virtual Adept said. "But I did not read the content as that is not my business...did you need the phone that came with the papers? For if not, to avoid anyone tracing it here I am planning on sending it to burner phone hell." The Master of the Art gave a bit of a smile. "Ah sorry, that is what my apprentice Joe call the pocket realm I have made to dispose of electronic devices I no longer need and do not want to be traced in."

"Thank you, sir. I don't need the phone so feel free to send it to 'burner hell,' he said, with a small smile, though he looked as if he was in a bit of a rush and trying to remain polite. "I don't suppose I can impose on you further to keep these in a secure place until I can arrange the transfer?"

// Sorry I was essentially braindead yesterday after a stupidly busy day at work

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:19 pm

Colin:

Colin sighed, "True, chances are you won't make it... Then again, stranger things have happened, even recently. Don't give up prematurely."

The girl looked down.
"I will not give up...but I am scared...please just let me go."
She whimpered.

He nodded sagely, trying to not let on that she let something tactical slip, "Quite; I'm given to understand he's quite skilled at healing, though - saving your life like he did must have taken quite a bit out of him. Though I'll note it seems he has some problems getting quality tools and parts for his work, that gun of his looked rather... shoddy."

"His tools are rather odd but they work and yeah he is a pretty good healer, patching me up like that though would have cost him some Paradox, but then again if he had let me die my Mentor would have his hide...unless he really am dead like you say."
The girl said sadly.

He smiled thinly, "Well, I suppose you'll get to hear it soon enough anyway... I'm Colin. And we really should have a name by which to call you, in lieu of anyone speaking that... rather unique language of yours."

"Yeah...I guess...why can you not speak it by the way? Our language I mean."
The girl asked.
"What about Anna, that is a nice name, you can call me that."

He smiled, "No, it's not depression, perhaps - but thinking it's alright to make that decision on behalf of the world, without concern that others might not agree with such a drastic goal might qualify as any one of a number of... problems. It is, however, a subject for later debates, I think."

"I guess you might be right...that it might be selfish to make the decision for the rest of the world, but it is what my Mentor say is right and I have to listen to him."
The young girl said and sigh.
"But yeah we can discuss it later."

He grinned, "I think you are fortunate, then... One of those games almost put an end to the entire home console industry back in the day, on account of what a rushed, unplayable abomination it was. Another was as full of wrong as the South Park cartoon, only without the good taste and sharp wit... But that was thirty years ago, and the industry endured."

The young Nephandus just looked at you not really understanding what you where talking about.
"Ok..."

He frowned, "I don't know for sure, either... I only vaguely remember much of the nineties, in any case; recovering from my war wound, you know. The name of a children's game I never played is, alas, not something I recall easily."

Anna nodded at that.

He nodded back to the Quaesitor, "Well met, Sir. I am Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall. This Fallen girl needs medical care before anything else, and... I should like to discuss a few matters in private, if that's alright with you."

Min nodded and turned to Alex.
"Take the prisoner to the infirmary and treat her as good as you can...do not remove the restraints but treat her kindly. I would also like a sample of her blood to scry with in case she escapes."
He said and that made Anna uneasy.
"No...no more needles there was enough of that at the hospital."
She begged and became uneasy in your arms struggling and giving a slight whimper.
Min sigh as he looked at the girl with compassionate eyes.
"I am sure a sample of blood can be taken without causing any discomfort young Miss..."
He said then he turned to Joe.
"I see Granite is here that means Master Antonius is out walking somewhere, please go and find him and get him safely back to his chambers Mr Willis."
The older mage said and Joe nodded.
"Right away Sir."
He said and gave you a nod before he hurried into the Chantry, Granite seemingly understanding the young mage's mission jumped down from the old Ford and followed him.
Min then turned to you.
"As you will Mr Wainwright, if you will follow me to my office then while Mr Horton takes care of our young guest.

Adley:

"Good, thank you. Ring or text me when you're back then, pardon." After he hung up he pinched out the candle he got up and headed to the next task.

"Very well Mr Roth Hicks."
The vampiress said before you ended the phone.

"Thank you, sir. I don't need the phone so feel free to send it to 'burner hell,' he said, with a small smile, though he looked as if he was in a bit of a rush and trying to remain polite. "I don't suppose I can impose on you further to keep these in a secure place until I can arrange the transfer?"

"I can take care of the papers and keep them safe for now Mr Roth Hicks that is not a problem."
Hans said then he gave you a bit of a smile.
"Now you do seam to be in a hurry so please do not let me keep you from your duties."
He said.

(OOC: Oh not a problem at all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Colin shook his head, "Sorry, sweetie... I can't let you go. The punishment for aiding and abetting the Enemies of Creation are... harsh."
He smiled thinly, "I meant the mundane tools he uses to craft his magical tools; it looks like he's a skilled craftsman with a sub-par workshop. And I assure you, Gabriel is quite dead... I watched him breathe his last - no coming back from that one."
He grimaced, "For starters, I'm not sure anyone without a Fallen Avatar can speak that language, secondly, I'm fairly certain language lessons in that is as tricky to come by as lessons in Enochian for non-Hermetic Traditionalists. I'm afraid I'm pretty much stuck with English and Latin for now. Anna is a nice name, though."
He grinned at Anna's confusion, "I'm nearly four times as old as you, kid - I've seen some strange things over the years, both in popular culture and so-called serious business."
He frowned slightly at Min's orders as he gently handed Anna over to Alex, "If I may suggest, Anna here lost a lot of blood today when I shot her - perhaps it would be advisable not to stress her system with that right away, and settle for something less invasive, like hair and nail clippings for tonight?"
He turned to Adjan, "It might not be a good night for anyone to go alone... if Joe doesn't mind the company, perhaps you should help him look for the venerable Master?"
He then nodded to Min, "Very good, Sir, lead the way."

Last edited by Warpmind on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gack, error to fix. :P)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Colin shook his head, "Sorry, sweetie... I can't let you go. The punishment for aiding and abetting the Enemies of Creation are... harsh."

"But what if they...what if they Gilgul me...I...can not even think about it....please...let me go..."
The girl whimpered and her body shook.

He smiled thinly, "I meant the mundane tools he uses to craft his magical tools; it looks like he's a skilled craftsman with a sub-par workshop. And I assure you, Gabriel is quite dead... I watched him breathe his last - no coming back from that one."

"He...likes tools that are falling apart and badly affected by Entropy."
Anna explains then she sigh sadly and looks away.
"I...do not want Gabriel to be dead..."
She muttered.
"He is all I have..."
She said and tears rolled down her cheeks again.

He grimaced, "For starters, I'm not sure anyone without a Fallen Avatar can speak that language, secondly, I'm fairly certain language lessons in that is as tricky to come by as lessons in Enochian for non-Hermetic Traditionalists. I'm afraid I'm pretty much stuck with English and Latin for now. Anna is a nice name, though."

"Well the Fallen Avatar part can be fixed."
Anna said then she suddenly stiffened and looked confused for a moment.
"Is that so...that is odd."
She said to no one in particular then she looked at you again.
"Sorry my Avatar likes to butt in at times."
She muttered then she smiles.
"Yes I like Anna, it sounds nice."

He grinned at Anna's confusion, "I'm nearly four times as old as you, kid - I've seen some strange things over the years, both in popular culture and so-called serious business."

"Ok...well I guess those where bad games then...Call of Duty and the car games though where fun."
She said and smiles.

He frowned slightly at Min's orders as he gently handed Anna over to Joe, "If I may suggest, Anna here lost a lot of blood today when I shot her - perhaps it would be advisable not to stress her system with that right away, and settle for something less invasive, like hair and nail clippings for tonight?

Alex gently took over holding the young Nephandus. Min sigh and nodded.
"Very well, a lock of her hair will have to do...come to think about it at a modern hospital she would have gotten blood transfusions that would confuse any divination done with her blood, as it is not all hers yet...hair will do."
He said and Alex nodded. Anna calmed down though she still looked rather nervous as the Etherite carried her away, she looks at you for a moment as the healer carried her.

He turned to Adjan, "It might not be a good night for anyone to go alone... if Joe doesn't mind the company, perhaps you should help him look for the venerable Master?"

Adjan nodded.
"Off course."
Joe smiles.
"Thank you, I do not mind, well we should go, Master Antonius is powerful but at the same time rather helpless if he is in his confused state at the moment."
He said and the Euthanatos nodded and went with him.

He then nodded to Min, "Very good, Sir, lead the way."

Min nodded he took you into the main part of the Chantry and in to a small office on the first floor, three of the walls where covered with book cases filled with books on laws and lists of rulings, there where a green carpet on the floor, a small marble desk, and a window in the back of the office. The judge offered you a chair as he went to sit down behind his desk.
"Well then Mr Wainwright, what can I do for you?"
He asked.

(OOC: I will assume you mean you hand Anna over to Alex and not Joe. If not let me know and I will change my post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Colin sighed and stroked Anna's hair gently, "I'll do what I can for you... and for what it's worth, I'm sorry you've lost the one dearest to you."
He frowned, then grinned wryly, "So yours makes its opinion known, too, does it? If you don't mind my asking, what did it say? Something snarky about fixing my Avatar, or itself, perhaps?"
He nodded, "Those games were absolutely awful in most senses of the word. Best let them stay dead and buried."
He smiled cautiously at Anna as Alex carried her off, "Now you behave, alright?"

Colin glanced aroud the office with an approving nod and carefully sat down in the offered chair, "Obviously, Sir, it concerns the fate of young Anna, the Fallen girl... Mr. Terach, the Euthanatos who accompanied mr. Willis and myself on this retrieval mission agrees that she's in no condition to be shipped to Horizon, nor does it seem likely that she could survive the gilgul ritual for some time; seeing as she has already been magically healed, I would surmise her path to adequate recovery will take some time. As it happens, I don't think she's an entirely lost cause - she's certainly on the brainwashed side, what with being raised in the Labyrinth and all... but there might be a possible option available. What do you think of the possibility of restoring an Avatar to its pristine state as an alternative to, well... you know..."

((OOC: Yeah, my bad - fixed now.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:29 pm

Colin sighed and stroked Anna's hair gently, "I'll do what I can for you... and for what it's worth, I'm sorry you've lost the one dearest to you."

Anna nodded she lifted her chained hands to wipe her tears.
"I...never thought he would die, he is old you know, and powerful...I am going to miss him, I do not remember my parents, only him..."
She muttered.
"And with him gone, and you said Tian was on the run and Alberto might not survive there is no one to talk to left, everyone else only care what I can do, not about me."
She muttered sadly and fresh tears rolled down her cheeks.
"Are you sure Gabriel did not suffer when he died?"
She asked softly.

He frowned, then grinned wryly, "So yours makes its opinion known, too, does it? If you don't mind my asking, what did it say? Something snarky about fixing my Avatar, or itself, perhaps?"

"It said you can not be allowed into a Caul, that the sad lady like a broken glass doll in an egg will tear it asunder if we try...I do not know what that means."
The girl said confused.
"And yes it likes to talk...allot but then at least I have a friend in him."

He nodded, "Those games were absolutely awful in most senses of the word. Best let them stay dead and buried."

"O...ok..."
Anna said and nodded, still sounding confused.

He smiled cautiously at Anna as Alex carried her off, "Now you behave, alright?"

"Off course not, if given the chance I will escape no matter the cost."
The young Nephandus said honestly.
"But with these cuffs and the condition that is in, it is not likely that will happen."
She muttered.
"Would not you try to escape if you where captured by us?"

Colin glanced aroud the office with an approving nod and carefully sat down in the offered chair, "Obviously, Sir, it concerns the fate of young Anna, the Fallen girl... Mr. Terach, the Euthanatos who accompanied mr. Willis and myself on this retrieval mission agrees that she's in no condition to be shipped to Horizon, nor does it seem likely that she could survive the gilgul ritual for some time; seeing as she has already been magically healed, I would surmise her path to adequate recovery will take some time.

"Hum...the last thing we need is a dead Nephandus on an Umbral ship being sent to Horizon."
Min said and sigh.
"Well then I guess she will have to be given time to recover first, poor child, it hurts my heart to see what the Nephandi have done to someone so young."
The Guernicus said and shook his head.

As it happens, I don't think she's an entirely lost cause - she's certainly on the brainwashed side, what with being raised in the Labyrinth and all... but there might be a possible option available.

"Unfortunately when someone Fall that is just about it, there is no way I know of to bring them back, the girl might not be evil, not all Fallen are, but all of them are twisted and destructive and...dangerous."

What do you think of the possibility of restoring an Avatar to its pristine state as an alternative to, well... you know..."

"If it was possible then...nothing would be better."
Min said he gave a sad look.
"But as someone who once had a loved one who...Fell...I researched everything and found no way to save someone who have been through the Cauls...so unless you have proof of such a method...I would say it is a pipe dream Mr Wainwright."
He said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Colin nodded slowly, "Gabriel died... very quickly. He was clipped in two by a shotgun blast at point blank range - it was gruesome, but very, very quick."
He arched an eyebrow, "Broken glass doll in an egg... what? That... doesn't make any sense..."
He pondered for a moment, "No, that's probably wrong, it makes perfect sense, but neither of us knows the necessary reference."
He grinned at Anna, "Of course I would try to escape if captured; however, in your condition I would not struggle on account of the serious internal trauma - you would injure something. Plus, you would disappoint me, and that would be... saddening."

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "She was put through the Caul at a very early age, it seems, and has had very little experience with the outside world; she's been entirely under her mentor's thumb. He, however, has been reputedly a total monster to everyone except her - a fairly classic abusive relationship, really - and has kept her pretty much shackled to her studies her entire life. I think it might be possible to, hm, break her conditioning, to bring her around to the Traditions' ideals."
He nodded, "True, she is on the twisted side, but let's be honest, every Mage at Initiate level or higher can be destructive and dangerous. Besides, I know a couple of widderslainte who are about as violent and ferocious as a kitten on prozac; hardly the Fallen stereotype..."
He shook his head, "Derailing, sorry... I meant to reach this point sooner. At Steelhaven Hall, we've got... I suppose you could call it a project. We have Master Cita Telar visiting; she has proof of one widderslainte cleansing her Avatar. We have that former widderslainte visiting; unfortunately, there was a kangaroo court at Horizon, a miscarriage of justice that dismissed the scans because the Primi in session couldn't understand the reports... But the evidence still exists, and we're trying to piece together a way to duplicate the process. I believe Anna could be a brilliant opportunity to test the theory with a Fallen who has been through the Caul in person - a young, fresh and still quite malleable mind, not yet fully inclined to the cruelty to which the Nephandi are so prone. My sincere condolences for your loss, but I'm convinced this new revelation is more than a pipe dream, and potentially appliccable to recently Fallen. It's worth a try... besides, as a matter of the spirit of the law, would notshredding an Avatar that yet stands a chance at restoration be as much a crime against Creation as letting a Fallen Avatar go?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:50 am

Devon stares at the floor quietly , lost in thought

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:03 am

"I can take care of the papers and keep them safe for now Mr Roth Hicks that is not a problem." Hans said then he gave you a bit of a smile. "Now you do seam to be in a hurry so please do not let me keep you from your duties." He said.

"It's important if they're kept confidential; the Chief knows about them. I might ask my cabalmate Colin to pick them up later or we'll arrange something. Thank you sir, I appreciate everything you've done, very much. Hope to be in contact soon, sorry to rush," he said as he turned towards the door. He gave a bit of a start as he turned to go, realising that he might have forgotten something - keys to the apartment. He fetched out the car keys Joakim had given him, looking for door keys and got his phone out again as he walked outside the computer office.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:15 am

Colin:

Colin nodded slowly, "Gabriel died... very quickly. He was clipped in two by a shotgun blast at point blank range - it was gruesome, but very, very quick."

Anna winced at the description then she nodded.
"At least it was fast, though less of a blaze of glory than my Mentor would have liked to go out in. I am glad he did not suffer though."
She muttered sadly.
"W...what happened to his body?"

He arched an eyebrow, "Broken glass doll in an egg... what? That... doesn't make any sense..."
He pondered for a moment, "No, that's probably wrong, it makes perfect sense, but neither of us knows the necessary reference."

"Well you will have to take it up with my glass dragon I do not understand half the things he say at times."
Anna said sounding frustrated.
"Yeah probably he knows something that we do not."
She agreed.

He grinned at Anna, "Of course I would try to escape if captured; however, in your condition I would not struggle on account of the serious internal trauma - you would injure something. Plus, you would disappoint me, and that would be... saddening."

"I like you old man, but if it stood between escape, actual or through death and disappointing you, then my glass dragon have to come first."
The girl said though she did offer a bit of a smile as she was carried away.

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "She was put through the Caul at a very early age, it seems, and has had very little experience with the outside world; she's been entirely under her mentor's thumb. He, however, has been reputedly a total monster to everyone except her - a fairly classic abusive relationship, really - and has kept her pretty much shackled to her studies her entire life. I think it might be possible to, hm, break her conditioning, to bring her around to the Traditions' ideals."

"She is still Fallen Mr Wainwright and while I have heard about some young widderslainte that have been able to fight their corrupted nature, she is what she is, the Caul ripped their to pieces mind, body and soul and put her back together again, wrong."
Master Min said and sigh.
"It is a tragedy when the Fallen person is this young and perhaps you can get her to the point where she fight, but she will still be a Nephandus."

He nodded, "True, she is on the twisted side, but let's be honest, every Mage at Initiate level or higher can be destructive and dangerous. Besides, I know a couple of widderslainte who are about as violent and ferocious as a kitten on prozac; hardly the Fallen stereotype..."

"Yes it is possible to fight what they are and not every Nephandus fit the raving made evil mage stereotype that eat babies for dinner, you can have perfectly rational, even kind men and women, who are still working to end this existence, I would even say that the kind ones are more dangerous since it is easy to feel sympathy for them, to listen to what they have to say, but they are no less corrupted, no less Nephandi even if they help old ladies cross the street and feed lost cats, at the core they want the complete unmaking of all of reality that is where the danger of them lies."

He shook his head, "Derailing, sorry... I meant to reach this point sooner. At Steelhaven Hall, we've got... I suppose you could call it a project. We have Master Cita Telar visiting; she has proof of one widderslainte cleansing her Avatar. We have that former widderslainte visiting; unfortunately, there was a kangaroo court at Horizon, a miscarriage of justice that dismissed the scans because the Primi in session couldn't understand the reports... But the evidence still exists, and we're trying to piece together a way to duplicate the process.

"Proof that someone have cleansed their Avatar you say, well now I am listening."
The old hidge said.
"I have heard about Master Cita Telar...hum...I know there was a case a few years ago where a Barrabus from the Order of Hermes was sentenced, but with far to few Primi in attendance but the matter have been more or less covered up...is this the case you are referring to Mr Wainwright?"
He asked now clearly interested.

I believe Anna could be a brilliant opportunity to test the theory with a Fallen who has been through the Caul in person - a young, fresh and still quite malleable mind, not yet fully inclined to the cruelty to which the Nephandi are so prone.

"If what you say is true Mr Wainwright and please, I am not trying to be rude here, it is just hard to believe, and a way to cleanse a Fallen soul is found then yes trying it out on this child would be reasonable. Unfortunately it will not be up to me, I can offer legal advice but eventually it will be in the hands of the Primi."

My sincere condolences for your loss, but I'm convinced this new revelation is more than a pipe dream, and potentially appliccable to recently Fallen. It's worth a try... besides, as a matter of the spirit of the law, would notshredding an Avatar that yet stands a chance at restoration be as much a crime against Creation as letting a Fallen Avatar go?"

"If it was up to me Mr Wainwright we would stop using that ritual all together, when it was made even the great Bonisagus had little understanding of what his Gift, his Fount was, and my House Founder who made the rite who knew a bit more thought all it did was sever the link between a mage and his gift and send that spirit on, it was meant as a devastating, painful, punishment or errant mages but never meant to destroy Gifts permanently. I believe we know to little about Avatars to destroy them, combine that with the damage the ritual do to the soul renders themselves and the shards left in the Umbra...we should stop using Gilgul altogether, it is better to have a few more reborn Nephandi to deal with. However few will listen to me in this Mr Wainwirght."
Min said softly.
"I can see what I can do, and give advice but I can do nothing else in this matter, I am sorry."

Devon:

You stand there on guard for a while until you hear someone coming down the stairs, and you see several mages coming down there carrying a bloody man, his hand looked nearly cut in half and he was unconscious at the moment. Dion gasps when she sees him.
"It appear our young Dreamspeaker have managed to bag another Nephandus."
The tall, fair haired man who was carrying the front of the prisoner said.
"The question is where to put him."

Adley:

"It's important if they're kept confidential; the Chief knows about them. I might ask my cabalmate Colin to pick them up later or we'll arrange something. Thank you sir, I appreciate everything you've done, very much. Hope to be in contact soon, sorry to rush,"

"I will keep the papers safe and out of view of others. Very well then I will sit on them until one of you pick them up and do not mention it, I am glad to help. I am not a warrior Mr Roth Hicks, so I have to help out when the Chantry is in danger in whatever way I can."
Hans said and smiles.

he said as he turned towards the door. He gave a bit of a start as he turned to go, realising that he might have forgotten something - keys to the apartment. He fetched out the car keys Joakim had given him, looking for door keys and got his phone out again as he walked outside the computer office.

As you pick up the phone you get a message from Tyler simply saying.
"I am back, now where do I send Karl and Steve?"
The key chain do contain what looks to be an apartment key as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:35 am

Devon:

You stand there on guard for a while until you hear someone coming down the stairs, and you see several mages coming down there carrying a bloody man, his hand looked nearly cut in half and he was unconscious at the moment. Dion gasps when she sees him.
"It appear our young Dreamspeaker have managed to bag another Nephandus."
The tall, fair haired man who was carrying the front of the prisoner said.
"The question is where to put him."

Looks at dionb" umm.. do we have any spare accomadation ? "

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:36 am

// quick question, was the Cheif's office downthe hall from the computer lab? I've forgotten the layout of Morningstar >. <

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:28 am

Devon:

Dion sigh.
"Not allot...I guess we can put him in the vine cellar..."
She said.
"First it looks like he is needing medical attention, would you mind going and getting a healer, ask around for a man named Rush while I take care of getting this guy to a ehm...room?"
She asked.

Adley:

(OOC: Yes it is down the hall from the computer room or rather the computer room is by the stairs and the Chief's office is right across the hall from it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:57 pm

Colin frowned, "I'm not entirely sure as to how the bodies were disposed of - I was in a brief coma at the time, owing to your miss Warden trying to shred my Avatar... obviously, she failed magnificently and perished for the attempt, while my Avatar... molted and grew stronger, somehow. I don't quite understand how that could happen, but I'm scarcely complaining."
He gave Anna a small smile and a nod as she was carried off.

Colin pondered for a moment, "Actually, I have to wonder whether the mind of a child is really torn and twisted by the Caul, as such... I'll not dispute that widderslainte children are liable to be, hm, little hellspawn, but it seems, how to put it... the reason for willingly entering a Caul appears to have a significant impact on the personality not only of the Fallen who does it, but also on the first widderslainte incarnation of that Avatar. I don't have any written proof of this, but I've had the opportunity of speaking with a few such individuals, and there seems to be a pattern... More specifically, ones who went in to save someone dear to them seem to have retained a certain kindness of spirit, a sort of sweetness to their personality. I would postulate that the mind of whoever enters the Caul is in fact not significantly changed at all - their turning evil comes as an eventual consequence of years of abuse and psychological conditioning, which in turn leaves its mark on the Avatar. Cases in point, Sebastian Silverberg went into the Caul to spare his Mentor the continued torture the Nephandi were subjecting him to - he was allowed to perform a mercy killing for going through it. At the post office earlier, if you've seen reports of that, he had the opportunity to kill me - he had me dead to rights with a prime bolt - yet he dismissed the spell and ran instead; tried to cut his ties with the Nephandi. I... hope he succeeds at that. Second case, Beatrice Alexander, apprentice of Amadeus Nassa, is a widderslainte. In her previous incarnation, she went in to save her brother's life; the Labyrinth was raided and he killed her before she could be arrested, for which he was executed in quite short order. She remains about as ferocious as a sleepy kitten. And now the girl we just brought in, she was sent in at a very young age and has seen little in the way of the usual abuses, or even the rather harsh outside world; she's been sheltered and treated kindly by her now-dead mentor, and that... might work to our advantage; having been shackled to her studies means she is a strong Mage, certainly stronger than me, I think, but I didn't sense any cruelty or sadism in her. Smug confidence at most."
He leaned back, "I won't dispute that the Fallen are dangerous in their desire to unmake the world, but they are the ones it might be possible to... well, brainwashing is an ugly term for it, but I suppose it's rather accurate - I think they can be essentially brought around, taught a newfound appreciation for the world's continued existence."
He nodded, "The very same... though the cover is beginning to unravel like a cheap throw rug, and what is revealed does not seem to be pretty. Susannah Florentine was successful in restoring her Avatar, with some help from a member of House Criamon, but this was ignored at the trial because the Primi in attendance would not wait for the Seat of Correspondence who would be able to interpret the scans... and the most horrific thing about the trial is that there were two Primi in attendance. I believe the Seat of Forces was one of them; not certain about the other..."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I understand quite well that it is a difficult thing I ask you to believe and assist - but at least I see that we seem to be in agreement on the matter of the gilgul ritual... I expect this is as much of a chance as I could hope for, barring being summoned to testify before the Primi themselves on the girl's fate."
He smiled thinly, "Thank you for your time, Sir."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Devon:

Dion sigh.
"Not allot...I guess we can put him in the vine cellar..."
She said.
"First it looks like he is needing medical attention, would you mind going and getting a healer, ask around for a man named Rush while I take care of getting this guy to a ehm...room?"
She asked.

" ok... i will get a healer... see if i can find this Rush fellow" devon states.... he leaves the room.... and starts to inquire with people that he passes, "where Rush the healer is ?"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned, "I'm not entirely sure as to how the bodies were disposed of - I was in a brief coma at the time, owing to your miss Warden trying to shred my Avatar... obviously, she failed magnificently and perished for the attempt, while my Avatar... molted and grew stronger, somehow. I don't quite understand how that could happen, but I'm scarcely complaining."

Anna hesitates then she gave you a compassionate look and touched a finger to your hand for one moment.
"Warden is a bitch."
She commented then she sigh.
"It do seam that quite a number from my Labyrinth have died this day, Miss Abigail will not be pleased, did your Avatar attack her, I hear that can happen."

Colin pondered for a moment, "Actually, I have to wonder whether the mind of a child is really torn and twisted by the Caul, as such... I'll not dispute that widderslainte children are liable to be, hm, little hellspawn, but it seems, how to put it... the reason for willingly entering a Caul appears to have a significant impact on the personality not only of the Fallen who does it, but also on the first widderslainte incarnation of that Avatar.

"I have seen horrid Fallen children, then again they have been widderslainte but just like children can become violent and cruel I doubt they have any protection from the Caul Mr Wainwright."
"That the reason for selling one's soul to the Nephandi cause might have some effect on the outcome is possible, there is in this city the rumor of and ancient Master of the Art, The Jade Demon, who left the Nephandi and have formed his little rouge Chantry of sorts for other outcasts like himself, he is to powerful to openly attack and besides he causes little trouble, legend say he was an member of the Akashic Brotherhood who Fell to the Nephandi to save his Cabal, did this sacrifice make him less corrupted though? That is hard to know, but he is not with the Nephandi anymore, though off course there are no way to verify this."
He said as he regarded Colin.

I don't have any written proof of this, but I've had the opportunity of speaking with a few such individuals, and there seems to be a pattern... More specifically, ones who went in to save someone dear to them seem to have retained a certain kindness of spirit, a sort of sweetness to their personality. I would postulate that the mind of whoever enters the Caul is in fact not significantly changed at all - their turning evil comes as an eventual consequence of years of abuse and psychological conditioning, which in turn leaves its mark on the Avatar.

"Yes and no, the personality is still there, but the behavior of a person who is Fallen tend to be determined mostly in how much influence their Avatar have over them. Remember that most mages are not in perfect harmony with their spiritual self, that is why Seekings are usually such an harrowing ordeal. And just like there are frustrated Questing souls that is having problems getting their coach potato host to actually get out and do something, there are Fallen Avatars that have not yet fully corrupted their mages. Another thing to remember is that being Fallen in itself do not make someone cruel, that is more the culture and yes abuse Nephandi tend to inflict on one another. A Fallen Avatar is destructive, drawn towards decay and death and wish the end of the world, but that do not mean they necessarily want pain and suffering as well."

Cases in point, Sebastian Silverberg went into the Caul to spare his Mentor the continued torture the Nephandi were subjecting him to - he was allowed to perform a mercy killing for going through it. At the post office earlier, if you've seen reports of that, he had the opportunity to kill me - he had me dead to rights with a prime bolt - yet he dismissed the spell and ran instead; tried to cut his ties with the Nephandi. I... hope he succeeds at that.

"Hum...that Mr Silverberg actually betrayed his own is unusual indeed, but even so, even if he might be a kind man, I bet he desire to end the world, or at least see his own Entropic Decision."
The old judge said not sounding convinced.

Second case, Beatrice Alexander, apprentice of Amadeus Nassa, is a widderslainte. In her previous incarnation, she went in to save her brother's life; the Labyrinth was raided and he killed her before she could be arrested, for which he was executed in quite short order. She remains about as ferocious as a sleepy kitten.

"Mistress Madeline Rose's apprentice's young sister, yes I remember the case, so she have been reborn. Well like I said some widderslainte fight their nature and some embrace it but decide that their path towards oblivion do not have to include others or cruelty, that do not mean they are not a danger to Ascension, and to this entire world, not to mention even if they manage to stay kind and good in this lifetime, what about the next?"

And now the girl we just brought in, she was sent in at a very young age and has seen little in the way of the usual abuses, or even the rather harsh outside world; she's been sheltered and treated kindly by her now-dead mentor, and that... might work to our advantage; having been shackled to her studies means she is a strong Mage, certainly stronger than me, I think, but I didn't sense any cruelty or sadism in her. Smug confidence at most."

"Well if there where ever a candidate to try what you propose on it would be this child if she is as naive and protected as you say...the question is if what you suggest is even possible Mr Wainwright, and yes I know anything is in theory possible, but whatever or not is is withing our power to accomplish at this point and to that I have my doubts."
"But never the less it is an intriguing possibility."

He leaned back, "I won't dispute that the Fallen are dangerous in their desire to unmake the world, but they are the ones it might be possible to... well, brainwashing is an ugly term for it, but I suppose it's rather accurate - I think they can be essentially brought around, taught a newfound appreciation for the world's continued existence."

"Their minds might be brought around, but that sill leaves the Avatar's desires to contend with. Like I said it is possible for a Nephandus to be kind, but their Avatar still whispers corruption in their ears."

He nodded, "The very same... though the cover is beginning to unravel like a cheap throw rug, and what is revealed does not seem to be pretty. Susannah Florentine was successful in restoring her Avatar, with some help from a member of House Criamon, but this was ignored at the trial because the Primi in attendance would not wait for the Seat of Correspondence who would be able to interpret the scans... and the most horrific thing about the trial is that there were two Primi in attendance. I believe the Seat of Forces was one of them; not certain about the other..."

"The Seat of Prime, it was the Seat of Prime."
Min said as he stood and went to one of his book shelves and found a binder there that he pulled out.
"The law demand that a Fallen Traditionalist be tried before the Council of Nine themselves in a Gilgul case, unless the defendant's Tradition make a special claim to have the trial among themselves, and at least seven Council members have to be present with a two third majority for the sentence of Gilgul to be passed, there is a reason why it is rare among Traditionalists, though sadly not so rare when it comes to non Traditionalist widderslainte and Nephandi. In either case Miss Florentine's case where unlawful and her punishment constitute and unlawful Gilgul. I have what information I have been able to gather about it in this folder, like I said Mr Wainwright I am against that ritual and tend to scoop up what information I can that might one day help abolish it. You do not give a five year old a Ming vase and a hammer and let him destroy it."
The old Enforcer said and put the folder on his desk.
"Unfortunately any complaints in this case have been buried."

He nodded thoughtfully, "I understand quite well that it is a difficult thing I ask you to believe and assist - but at least I see that we seem to be in agreement on the matter of the gilgul ritual...

"I have been a part of performing that ritual once Mr Wainwright...I never shall again."
Master Min said and there was a faraway, sad look in his eyes then he continued.
"I have also seen how repeated used of that horrid rite have affected my own Pater, yes he was always a Traditionalist but now he is...cold and distant, lawful in the extreme but...well let us just say it have taken it's toll."
He muttered and sigh.
"I am not sure how I can assist you though, the law is clear when it comes to Nephandi, you have a few options to stall though."
He muttered and sat down. again.
"One is to get the girl apprenticed by someone, if she was widderslainte I would say get a Master of the Art as there is precedence for showing mercy when a widderslainte have a powerful mentor to protect them and keep them in line, but this is a Nephandus so that is a moot point, however being an apprentice to a Traditionalist will make her a member of the Traditions meaning that she will be protected by Tradition law, as it stands she do not even have the right to a trial, chances are she will be given one, but she have no right to one. I could if I had witnesses to show that she is Fallen go up to the infirmary and rip the soul out of her living flesh this instant and it would be lawful, so the first step is getting her protection from the law. Your second step is to stall, if the claims in the Florentine case can be proven you might have a chance at that point but you need to keep the law of the girl's back until then and that can be difficult."
Master Min tapped the folder in front of him as he considered.
"There is one possible course of action that will buy some time. I could examine her Avatar and claim it is to dangerous to attack, now when that is proven wrong eventually I will merely be wrong, but making the statement is not in an off itself illegal, it is a gray area but not illegal, that means more experts will have to be called in to examine her soul and her mentor if you get anyone talked into taking on that role, can fight each demand to examine her, yes eventually the demands to see her Avatar will win through in court, but by continued refusals and appeals you can draw the process out for months and there is one piece of precedence where two Nephandi...brothers, who left the Fallen and wanted to rejoin the Traditions where spared due to their Avatars literary being to dangerous to attack, which means even if she is sentence to Gilgul it can not be performed before that matter is sorted out and you can draw out that matter in the bureaucracy of the law for quite some time."
The old judge said.
"I am willing to make that claim on the girl's behalf, I have nothing against looking the fool that are terrified of a little girl's soul once my claim is proven wrong...it will give you a way to stall, perhaps until something can be done with the Florentine case, but that is all I can do and advice."
He said in a serious tone of voice.
"And mind you Mr Wainwright I do not believe in your claims, I mean no offense but I do not but I do not like Gilgul and I believe it is worth fighting to avoid one being performed on a child."

I expect this is as much of a chance as I could hope for, barring being summoned to testify before the Primi themselves on the girl's fate."
He smiled thinly, "Thank you for your time, Sir."

"Giving legal advice is why I am here Mr Wainwright, it is my job so you are quite welcome."

Devon:

You find a thin, slightly bent as he walks elderly man just as you get up from the cellar, the man looks at you for a moment since he have never seen you before then he says.
"Ah yes Ingmar Rush...I think I saw him in the kitchen brewing coffee, right through there..."
He said and pointed.
"A few minutes ago, he should still be there I think."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Friday:
No problem. I'll be doing the dishes. he said taking all to be cleaned. What he said surprised but not so much. Now it's not the time to think of that and in any case, if she's interested in someone else, there's nothing i can do to force myself into her heart.

Saturday:
Thank you, both. Ok, this might take some time, please be careful. he said as he sat, using rocks to make percusion for a song he knew that would armonize the lots of avatar shards' song into one bigger and that would allow him to work with all of them on one go to take them inside the rock he had inscribed his mark on.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:44 pm

Friday:

No problem. I'll be doing the dishes.

"Thank you Tane, I owe you one."
Amadeus said and nodded.

What he said surprised but not so much. Now it's not the time to think of that and in any case, if she's interested in someone else, there's nothing i can do to force myself into her heart.

"Force no off course not, but you can court her non the less but yes now is not the time, I just wanted you to know that I approve if it is a direction you wish to go."
The old Verbena said.
"And as for the man that have her heart, I have a feeling that love is something else, something she mistake for romantic love. Beatrice is young an in many ways naive, it is my fault I guess I have raised her so, perhaps in time she will open her heart to another. I only care about her happiness and safety Tane, nothing else."
The healer said before he went to go to bed on the sofa.

Saturday:

Thank you, both. Ok, this might take some time, please be careful. he said as he sat,

Coawa looks at you from the car.
"Be careful brother."
He said. The Solificato apprentice that had come to get you simply nodded.
"Good luck."
He said then he smiles a little.
"Ah and also forgive my manners I am Arn Woodhouse bani Solificati, forgive me I should have introduced myself as I arrived."
He said and gave an apologetic smile.
"Well we should be off nice to meet you, once things calm me down I will buy you a beer or something to apologize for my rudeness."

using rocks to make percusion for a song he knew that would armonize the lots of avatar shards' song into one bigger and that would allow him to work with all of them on one go to take them inside the rock he had inscribed his mark on.

You ready your song as you see Henrietta draw symbols in chalk on the asphalt, she was getting ready to fight if she had to to defend you.

(OCC: Please give me a roll diff 9 for your work with the shards, you can do this as an extended roll, let us say each roll takes about 10 minutes to keep track on how long Tane use, he will need five successes to collect all the Avatar shards.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:55 pm

Colin frowned, "I don't rightly know exactly what happened... for the second time in my life, I was not quite conscious while my Avatar took the puppet strings to save us both. I... would guess it used some variant of the spell I tried to cast at the apartments - a retributive shield that draws power from incoming spells - but I don't know for certain."

He nodded, "I've met one widderslainte who is... meticulously keeping his darker impulses at bay. A good kid, really, and making a damn good effort to be so."
He pondered, "I... suppose it might be possible to evaluate the Jade Demon in simple, polite conversation... Getting to the point where there's polite conversation without the threat of death or worse is, of course, the hard part... but when two people have a relaxed chat, masks tend to loosen up a little, revealing a glimpse of the person inside."
He smiled, "Mr. Silverberg does indeed harbor a desire for personal Entropic Descension... but more so than that, he wants the world to keep on ticking, so his darling daughter can grow up and thrive. His daughter and her mother are, by the way, safe and sound here at Morningstar; the little girl is Awakened already, while the mother is... well, I think she's coming around quite nicely, actually. The man is not a completely lost cause, since he's got an exceedingly good reason to want the world to keep existing."
He pondered, "Imbalanced souls... There was something... Susannah Florentine did receive help from a Criamon to accept her Avatar's nature; it was only then she was able to make great advances in restoring her Avatar, through exhausting Seekings... In other words, she wasn't able to heal her Avatar before she owned her shadow, to paraphrase... I think it was Carl Jung; I could be wrong about that."
He grimaced, "As for Beatrice Alexander's next incarnation, I'm afraid I know a little something about that... Memory of the future sort of thing, quite horrible, the Nephandi battlecruisers are uglier inside than outside, and less secure against intrusion than one might have suspected... Suffice to say, her next incarnation was found by the Nephandi, what progress she makes on restoring her Avatar undone, she was bound to the polyp... and that..." He looked at his hand, clenching it like he'd gripped Alice's dagger, "...that will turn the tide in our favour when the Nephandi attack Horizon in some twenty years' time..."
He closed his eyes, "It's... a bit of a long story, but it is a corroborated prophecy; there... will be copies available on request... The important thing to keep in mind is that memories linger; the Avatar does not forget people and places important to its previous hosts... and a simple act of kindness in one life can pay off in the next."
Colin rubbed his eyes for a moment, "True, restoring an Avatar might be impossible... but remember, we are Mages. The impossible is our bread and butter, little more. I am merely of Initiate rank in Entropy and Prime - the latter not even formally ranked yet - and barely dabbling in the Spheres that would come under the purview of the physical sciences, so there are a great may things I am unable to do... but that doesn't mean those things are impossible. I think perhaps... nothing is truly impossible, it's only a question of how much pain and strain you're willing and able to endure in the attempt..."
He nodded, "The Avatar still tries to guide the host... but it's a two-way path; the host also teaches and guides the Avatar..."
He stared at the binder for a few moments, halfway rising from his seat, "Oh, God... that's... would it be possible to have a copy sent to Steelhaven Hall? Obviously, I think we could be able to provide you with copies of our gathered evidence, as well... we might be able to fill in one another's blanks..."
He nodded, "I've seen more than a man ever should of it, too... I held up miss Alexander when they started to... well, fortunately, my Cabalmate managed to bring in case documents that overturned the ruling against miss Alexander before it was too late... Then there was that Fallen witch at the Mercere post office today who tried to gilgul me, as well... She failed magnificently, as it happened, and my Avatar... grew stronger, somehow."
He stroked a hand over the binder, almost reverently, then glanced up at Min, "Wait, Master Tolle was your mentor? I've met him, he was in charge of... well... the man is hard as steel; sort of like a magical Judge Dredd, if you are familiar with the character..."
He shook his head briefly, "As for getting the girl a Mentor, that might be a bit complicated... Not many available Masters who might be willing to take on a Fallen girl to save her like that... As for declaring her Avatar too dangerous to attack, well, her current medical state would add to that, I expect; I'm given to understand even a weak Avatar can pose a threat if it is exposed and the host suddenly dies. She... did describe it as a glass dragon; not sure if that has any bearing on the matter."
He pondered, "However, we might not have to wait for a breakthrough in the Florentine case... I'm... not privy to all the details, but there might be something on the immediate horizon..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Colin frowned, "I don't rightly know exactly what happened... for the second time in my life, I was not quite conscious while my Avatar took the puppet strings to save us both. I... would guess it used some variant of the spell I tried to cast at the apartments - a retributive shield that draws power from incoming spells - but I don't know for certain."

"You have a cool Avatar."
Anna said and grinned.
"My glass dragon is afraid of it though, he do not like it, not one bit. I am glad that you where not injured to badly Colin."
She muttered.

He nodded, "I've met one widderslainte who is... meticulously keeping his darker impulses at bay. A good kid, really, and making a damn good effort to be so."

"Hum...I have heard about it, but it requires a strong character to fight the darker impulses that comes with such a nature."
Master Min said softly.

He pondered, "I... suppose it might be possible to evaluate the Jade Demon in simple, polite conversation... Getting to the point where there's polite conversation without the threat of death or worse is, of course, the hard part... but when two people have a relaxed chat, masks tend to loosen up a little, revealing a glimpse of the person inside."

"I doubt many would want to sit down with the Jade Demon, currently he is to powerful to risk attacking since he is not causing to much trouble so such a polite conversation as you mention might take quite a time to take place Mr Wainwright."

He smiled, "Mr. Silverberg does indeed harbor a desire for personal Entropic Descension... but more so than that, he wants the world to keep on ticking, so his darling daughter can grow up and thrive. His daughter and her mother are, by the way, safe and sound here at Morningstar; the little girl is Awakened already, while the mother is... well, I think she's coming around quite nicely, actually. The man is not a completely lost cause, since he's got an exceedingly good reason to want the world to keep existing."

"Hum...well a personal Decision is a better desire than to want to destroy the world for everyone, that he love his child to such a degree though is rare for one of his kind."
The Enforcer said then he nodded.
"Yes I hear that we are guested by the two young Miss Brookes, the girl is clearly talented, good job getting them to safety Mr Wainwright."

He pondered, "Imbalanced souls... There was something... Susannah Florentine did receive help from a Criamon to accept her Avatar's nature; it was only then she was able to make great advances in restoring her Avatar, through exhausting Seekings... In other words, she wasn't able to heal her Avatar before she owned her shadow, to paraphrase... I think it was Carl Jung; I could be wrong about that."

"Hum...it would be interesting to find out which of House Criamon it was that assisted her if this claim is true. There is not that many members of House Criamon anymore so it should not be that hard to track this person down."
Min said and nodded.
"Hum...that actually reminds me of something Mrs Knox, a druidess of the Verbena Tradition living at this Chantry's husband said once, he is a vampire and is on some quest for salvation...quite interesting."
He mushed...

He grimaced, "As for Beatrice Alexander's next incarnation, I'm afraid I know a little something about that... Memory of the future sort of thing, quite horrible, the Nephandi battlecruisers are uglier inside than outside, and less secure against intrusion than one might have suspected... Suffice to say, her next incarnation was found by the Nephandi, what progress she makes on restoring her Avatar undone, she was bound to the polyp... and that..." He looked at his hand, clenching it like he'd gripped Alice's dagger, "...that will turn the tide in our favour when the Nephandi attack Horizon in some twenty years' time..."

"Even uglier...my my wonders never cease."
The Quaesitor said with a bit of humor in his voice then he turned serious.
"I see."
He said softly.
"That a reborn widderslainte would turn to the Nephandi are not unexpected but it is unfortunate."

He closed his eyes, "It's... a bit of a long story, but it is a corroborated prophecy; there... will be copies available on request... The important thing to keep in mind is that memories linger; the Avatar does not forget people and places important to its previous hosts... and a simple act of kindness in one life can pay off in the next."

"True the Avatar remember it's old hosts and are shaped by them."
The old judge said.
"A prophesy you say, it seams there are troubling times ahead then."

Colin rubbed his eyes for a moment, "True, restoring an Avatar might be impossible... but remember, we are Mages. The impossible is our bread and butter, little more. I am merely of Initiate rank in Entropy and Prime - the latter not even formally ranked yet - and barely dabbling in the Spheres that would come under the purview of the physical sciences, so there are a great may things I am unable to do... but that doesn't mean those things are impossible. I think perhaps... nothing is truly impossible, it's only a question of how much pain and strain you're willing and able to endure in the attempt..."

"Very true Mr Waonwright and probably what you talk about is possible the question however is if any mage of the Traditions have the power and wisdom to do so, something being possible in theory and possible in practice are two different things."
Master Min said.
"But I hope you are right, like I said I can not believe it yet, but I hope you prove me wrong and find a way to restore Fallen Avatars, that would be a great victory both for many individuals and for the war efforts against the Nephandi in general."

He nodded, "The Avatar still tries to guide the host... but it's a two-way path; the host also teaches and guides the Avatar..."

"Yes it is a two way path indeed and I believe that it might be the reason why Avatars incarnate, to learn and grow, something a perfect being can not do alone, but that would be a metaphysical debate for another day."

He stared at the binder for a few moments, halfway rising from his seat, "Oh, God... that's... would it be possible to have a copy sent to Steelhaven Hall? Obviously, I think we could be able to provide you with copies of our gathered evidence, as well... we might be able to fill in one another's blanks..."

"Yes off course, I do not mind sharing this information and it might be beneficial for both of us."
Master Min said and nodded.
"I will take care of it tomorrow morning."

He nodded, "I've seen more than a man ever should of it, too... I held up miss Alexander when they started to... well, fortunately, my Cabalmate managed to bring in case documents that overturned the ruling against miss Alexander before it was too late... Then there was that Fallen witch at the Mercere post office today who tried to gilgul me, as well... She failed magnificently, as it happened, and my Avatar... grew stronger, somehow."

"Hum...I heard that a Gilgul was attempted in Boston, I do hope Miss Alexander will recover, as for your encounter at the post office."
The old Hermetic raised an eyebrow.
"You speak about it with surprising calm Mr Wainwright I am most impressed, but yes that can not have been a pleasant experience, in either case, we should stop using that ritual...stop smashing Ming vases like idiot children with a hammer because we did not like the dirt on them."
He muttered softly.

He stroked a hand over the binder, almost reverently, then glanced up at Min, "Wait, Master Tolle was your mentor? I've met him, he was in charge of... well... the man is hard as steel; sort of like a magical Judge Dredd, if you are familiar with the character..."

"I am not familiar with the character but yes Master Tolle is my Pater, and he was not always like he is now, yes he was always a stern man, a strict Traditionalist but he had a heart, having rendered to many souls have made him a shadow of who he once was...he is just to...good...at it."
Min said sadly.
"But yes he is hard as steel, not cruel, but he do practice blind adherence to the law."

He shook his head briefly, "As for getting the girl a Mentor, that might be a bit complicated... Not many available Masters who might be willing to take on a Fallen girl to save her like that...

"An Adept will do, for a widderslainte a Master is needed if one want to go for a similar ruling as in earlier cases, for this girl however having a Master as a teacher will not make that much of a difference, she will be sentenced, all you need is an official membership in the Traditions to stall the legal process, as it is there might not be a legal process at all but yes it will not be easy."

As for declaring her Avatar too dangerous to attack, well, her current medical state would add to that, I expect; I'm given to understand even a weak Avatar can pose a threat if it is exposed and the host suddenly dies.

"They are powerful beings so yes, if you enter the Avatar's domain so to speak and touch it and it is freed from the host, yes it might touch you back and it need not be friendly. I agree the girl would need to rest for a while before the ritual was attempted, I guess it depend on how wounded she is, but as soon she will survive the ritual, she will have to be sent to Horizon for trial or it will be done...at some Chantry or another, most likely here at Motningstar."

She... did describe it as a glass dragon; not sure if that has any bearing on the matter."
He pondered, "However, we might not have to wait for a breakthrough in the Florentine case... I'm... not privy to all the details, but there might be something on the immediate horizon..."

"The shape of the Avatar is not relevant though dragons are often powerful. Hum...interesting, I guess we will have to see then, what this event you are talking about is, but unless it is pretty massive it will not change the young Nephandus's situation unfortunately."
Min said seriously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:40 pm

He raised a brow at the text from Tyler. That was fast, too fast. He'd have to get on the road, soon or the timing would not work out well. He hurried across the hall, not quite running, to the Cheif's office and knocked.

// Slept in so late...so, so late xD Worth it though after this week. And saw Star Trek, which was fun and had some good character moments. I was glad to see an original screenplay for the reboot : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:39 pm

it is to dangerous to attack, now when that is proven wron

Devon:

You find a thin, slightly bent as he walks elderly man just as you get up from the cellar, the man looks at you for a moment since he have never seen you before then he says.
"Ah yes Ingmar Rush...I think I saw him in the kitchen brewing coffee, right through there..."
He said and pointed.
"A few minutes ago, he should still be there I think."[/quote]

" Thanks " pauses to shake old mans hand" Miles ,Devon Miles, just arrived: thanks again" goes into the kitchen.. "i am looking for Ingmar Rush... we are in need of a healer upstairs" Devon inquires

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Adley:

He raised a brow at the text from Tyler. That was fast, too fast. He'd have to get on the road, soon or the timing would not work out well. He hurried across the hall, not quite running, to the Cheif's office and knocked.

The Chief opened the door and give you a nod.
"Mr Roth Hicks...what can I do for you?"
He asked, he had his well used phone in one hand and was obviously in the process of making calls and arranging other forms of logistics.
"Did you get things set up on your end?"

Devon:

Thanks " pauses to shake old mans hand" Miles ,Devon Miles, just arrived: thanks again" goes into the kitchen..

The old man give you a smile and shake your hand, he had a nervous look in his eyes though and bowed to you.
"Anton Von Hess, hedge wizard of the Sons of Ether, good to meet you Sir."
He said before he stepped aside so you could get to the kitchen.

"i am looking for Ingmar Rush... we are in need of a healer upstairs" Devon inquires

You get into a large common room, a yellow painted room with several small square tables, beyond that was a door that was probably leading to the kitchen, you see a man coming out of the kitchen with a sandwich and a cup of coffee he sigh.
"Yes, yes that is I...heaven forbid I get time to sit on my ass for five minutes and have a cup of coffee."
The blond man who came out of the kitchen, he spoke with a slight, German accent.
"Ah...sorry it have been that kind of weak...lead the way..."
He said after the initial burst of irritation.
"You have me at a disadvantage though, you know my name, but I do not know yours, who are you again?"
The Verbena said and gave you a suspicious look.

(OOC: Yeah get the rest you need. Oh I am looking forward to the new Star Trek movie, I do not go to the cinema to often though, to high sound and to many people.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:44 pm

Colin smiled to Anna, "I'm quite pleased I wasn't injured, as well. But I suppose that goes without saying."

He nodded, "Strong character is good, and he had some parental help as well... his father is an excellent counterspeller; a hedge wizard most Magi would be quite helpless against, I should think."
He grinned, "Well, I'd not dare suggest I would be the one foolhardy enough to try to chat the man up... I might be able to pull it off, but it does seem quite the needless risk, seeing as he seems to follow a live-and-let-live philosophy."
He smiled, almost a bit smugly, "I'm glad to have managed to save the two young ladies. I suppose it could be argued that you owe me a favour for bringing such a talented child to you... Not, of course, that I would press the issue, I'm just glad the two are safe from the Fallen."
He nodded, "I only skimmed the journal related to miss Florentine; it was a little shy on details here and there - it's entirely possible the Criamon member's name was mentioned and that I missed it... I'll make sure I get a second look at that. As for Mrs. Knox' husband, well... it seems that a vampire becoming human once again isn't... entirely unprecedented. Though, I expect it's quite the arduous journey."
He nodded grimly, "Unfortunate... perhaps. Then again, I think that was mostly a matter of who found the girl first... in any case, it will turn out to our benefit, so long as the future isn't changed. That said, I'd not object ot a future where miss Alexander survives and the Fallen refrain from attacking Horizon. But then again, I might get an unhealthy serving of Paradox if I change that future timeline, so... well.."
He sighed, "Troubling times, as well as good times, I suppose - I distinctly remember Horizon being attacked in a couple of months, though by assailants unspecified and from an angle uncertain, though it should be quite easy to draw a line from the Council Chambers past the Verbena Clinic and make preparations to evacuate the area when the attack comes... and the major strike in two decades, when we have the major support vessels to aid the zeppelins along the Heart of Horizon and St. Victoria's Blade to defend Concordia from a greater distance..."
He nodded, "Being able to revert the damage of the Caul would be so vast an asset to the Traditions, we might in time be able to unravel the Nephandi as a whole... ah, pipe dreams... I certainly believe it possible on an individual scale, but that's about the scope of it. I would love to be able to prove you wrong in this matter."
He grinned wryly, "I think part of the reason I'm able to raise the subject with such calm is that I was rather unconscious at the time... For the second time in my life, my Avatar seems to have grabbed hold of the marionette strings and used my abilities to the fullest... the first time was in Iraq, when I was shot down, Awoke and my Avatar managed to land the helicopter in such a manner as to save my copilot and passengers. My Avatar, it seems, is a tricky thing... hmm, Anna described it as a sad lady, like a broken glass doll in an egg... I've always simply see it as my own reflection without the scars. That... might be significant."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Master Tolle seems... well, for lack of a better term, fixed. He's quite an absolute; for good or ill, and it's fairly obvious he's lost some of his humanity along the way... though, I suppose he remains an invaluable asset as he is, and pragmatically speaking, a fixed point is a highly practical thing to have, especially in matters of law."
He sighed softly, "Well, I will just have to make an effort to hit that Adept ranking quickly, then... it's hardly the sort of thing I can entrust to just anyone. Unfortunately, I suppose my lack of a specific affiliation to an Order might be a problem, as such... but i'll see what can be done."
He grimaced, "If you could vouch for the... prisoner transfer, I'm sure the ritual would be held at Steelhaven Hall... not that that would be better, but still, it would be a burden off your shoulders. As it happens, we have a Dreamspeaker in residence who's quite the marvel when it comes to conversing with Avatars. Apparently, he can sing them right out into the open - I don't have any way of explaining how, but I know what i've seen."
He nodded, "Regardless, while the girl is recuperating, we have time to stall... with luck, it will be enough."

((OOC: Ladies and gents, I'm slightly drunk... a liter of beer at 10% alcohol by volume, over the span of an hour makes a man pleasantly buzzed; enough so to feel it. cheers Might not check in for a few hours... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next