Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 6 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Ashan101 Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:57 pm

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Adley:
Devon:

Thanks " pauses to shake old mans hand" Miles ,Devon Miles, just arrived: thanks again" goes into the kitchen..

The old man give you a smile and shake your hand, he had a nervous look in his eyes though and bowed to you.
"Anton Von Hess, hedge wizard of the Sons of Ether, good to meet you Sir."
He said before he stepped aside so you could get to the kitchen.

"i am looking for Ingmar Rush... we are in need of a healer upstairs" Devon inquires

You get into a large common room, a yellow painted room with several small square tables, beyond that was a door that was probably leading to the kitchen, you see a man coming out of the kitchen with a sandwich and a cup of coffee he sigh.
"Yes, yes that is I...heaven forbid I get time to sit on my ass for five minutes and have a cup of coffee."
The blond man who came out of the kitchen, he spoke with a slight, German accent.
"Ah...sorry it have been that kind of weak...lead the way..."
He said after the initial burst of irritation.
"You have me at a disadvantage though, you know my name, but I do not know yours, who are you again?"
The Verbena said and gave you a suspicious look.

"Miles, Devon Miles, and i wouldn't have gotten you. .had i no been asked and matter dire, sorry.. .Maybe you can take the coffee with you....not being a medical man i know some stuff looks superficial.. or can do?" Devon babbles a little..."in the meantime, would you care to accompany me, to your prospective patient"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 6 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:41 am

Friday:
then we agree. I'd like to know more of bae, there are questions i want to ask you... But i'll ask you some other time.

Saturday:
We should have a beer for nothing but this victory. But i'll accept. I'm Tane Karyak, a Koppa Loei becomed into Dreamspeacker.

(Have i regained some Willpower? Just to know if i could use it)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:28 am

The Chief opened the door and give you a nod. "Mr Roth Hicks...what can I do for you?" He asked, he had his well used phone in one hand and was obviously in the process of making calls and arranging other forms of logistics. "Did you get things set up on your end?"

"So far, I think you're already in progress with the other half. Just wanted to make sure these were the right ones?" he said, discreetly showing him the house keys on his key chain. He had the address but it would have been worse than embarrassing to get there and be locked out.

// sounds like a good afternoon to me Warp xD I ended up at Ikea again somehow, once you start storganizing...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:49 am

Colin:

Colin smiled to Anna, "I'm quite pleased I wasn't injured, as well. But I suppose that goes without saying."

The young girl nodded.
"Yes...let us hope I am as lucky as well."
She muttered bitterly.

He nodded, "Strong character is good, and he had some parental help as well... his father is an excellent counterspeller; a hedge wizard most Magi would be quite helpless against, I should think."

"A guide in life is always good, especially for the young and impressionable."
Min said and nodded.
"Still the problem is how long he might be able to keep his nature under control."

He grinned, "Well, I'd not dare suggest I would be the one foolhardy enough to try to chat the man up... I might be able to pull it off, but it does seem quite the needless risk, seeing as he seems to follow a live-and-let-live philosophy."

Master Min gave a grin to that.
"Yes indeed the Jade Demon is best left alone."

He smiled, almost a bit smugly, "I'm glad to have managed to save the two young ladies. I suppose it could be argued that you owe me a favour for bringing such a talented child to you... Not, of course, that I would press the issue, I'm just glad the two are safe from the Fallen."

"Within reason we might be willing to grant you a favor for your services Mr Wainwright, then again it is in everyone's interest that such talent do not fall into the hands of the Nephandi."
The old judge said sternly.

He nodded, "I only skimmed the journal related to miss Florentine; it was a little shy on details here and there - it's entirely possible the Criamon member's name was mentioned and that I missed it... I'll make sure I get a second look at that. As for Mrs. Knox' husband, well... it seems that a vampire becoming human once again isn't... entirely unprecedented. Though, I expect it's quite the arduous journey."

"Very well, if not then you might ask Miss Willis at this Chantry, she is of that House."
The Enforcer said then he shook his head.
"Strong magick can make a vampire human again, though overcoming so ancient a curse is not an easy task mind you, however that is not what the good man seeks. You see vampires much like Nephandi are plagued by an inner demon a Beast that drive them towards evil. Some say this Beast is the twisted version of our own Avatars, the lupines claim it is a powerful Entropic spirit, whatever it is, the being is self aware and drive a vampire towards becoming nothing but a beast themselves. Kristina's husband is on a path to find peace and in that no longer be driven by those impulses. I have to admit I do not understand all about it, but as he said, part of it includes accepting and embracing that inner darkness and not just hiding from it."

He nodded grimly, "Unfortunate... perhaps. Then again, I think that was mostly a matter of who found the girl first... in any case, it will turn out to our benefit, so long as the future isn't changed. That said, I'd not object ot a future where miss Alexander survives and the Fallen refrain from attacking Horizon. But then again, I might get an unhealthy serving of Paradox if I change that future timeline, so... well.."

"Hum...well I would not like the Fallen attacking Horizon either Mr Wainwright, let us try to find a way to avoid that, Paradox or not."

He sighed, "Troubling times, as well as good times, I suppose - I distinctly remember Horizon being attacked in a couple of months, though by assailants unspecified and from an angle uncertain, though it should be quite easy to draw a line from the Council Chambers past the Verbena Clinic and make preparations to evacuate the area when the attack comes... and the major strike in two decades, when we have the major support vessels to aid the zeppelins along the Heart of Horizon and St. Victoria's Blade to defend Concordia from a greater distance..."

"Hum...that is not good if this prophecy of yours is true Mr Wainwright, the Council need to be warned, that you know about a ship not yet completed is however an indication of the truth of it, now let me tell you that was a legal nightmare to get permissions for. Red tape, Horizon love their red tape."
The old judge said with a bit of a smile but really he looked troubled.
"You said there where transcripts of these visions available?"
He asked.

He nodded, "Being able to revert the damage of the Caul would be so vast an asset to the Traditions, we might in time be able to unravel the Nephandi as a whole... ah, pipe dreams... I certainly believe it possible on an individual scale, but that's about the scope of it. I would love to be able to prove you wrong in this matter."

"Indeed, well if you do prove me wrong Mr Wainwright I will buy you a nice port."
The old Quesitor said and smiled.
"Let us hope that you are as indeed it could unravel the Nephandi."

He grinned wryly, "I think part of the reason I'm able to raise the subject with such calm is that I was rather unconscious at the time... For the second time in my life, my Avatar seems to have grabbed hold of the marionette strings and used my abilities to the fullest... the first time was in Iraq, when I was shot down, Awoke and my Avatar managed to land the helicopter in such a manner as to save my copilot and passengers. My Avatar, it seems, is a tricky thing... hmm, Anna described it as a sad lady, like a broken glass doll in an egg... I've always simply see it as my own reflection without the scars. That... might be significant."

"Hum...it seams you Avatar is quite the crafty one then remind me to be sick that day if you ever get into trouble and get sentenced to Branding Mr Wainwright."
The old Enforcer joked.
"I am glad you where not injured though. Hum...the prisoner saw your Avatar?"
He asked.
"As for what she said, often it is only the host him or herself that that interpret such a message but eggs are used as a symbol in allot of religions, a symbol for hope and new life, and alchemists use it to symbolize the sacred hermaphrodite, for the Verbena it is one of the symbols of the masculine, to many options to just pick one."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Master Tolle seems... well, for lack of a better term, fixed. He's quite an absolute; for good or ill, and it's fairly obvious he's lost some of his humanity along the way... though, I suppose he remains an invaluable asset as he is, and pragmatically speaking, a fixed point is a highly practical thing to have, especially in matters of law."

"He have lost much along the way yes. Now do not get me wrong few know more about Tradition law than my Mentor, he is a great man, and if he is the judge in your case you know you will get a by the book, fair sentence but he have become rigid and fixed yes, and I...miss him the way he was...."
Min said softly then he sigh.
"Well that is not your problem Mr Wainwright, forgive the sentimental nature of this old man."

He sighed softly, "Well, I will just have to make an effort to hit that Adept ranking quickly, then... it's hardly the sort of thing I can entrust to just anyone. Unfortunately, I suppose my lack of a specific affiliation to an Order might be a problem, as such... but i'll see what can be done."

"The problem is that depending on how injured the girl is, we are looking at days to a month or so before she is healthy enough, are you close enough to reach Adept in that time?"
The old judge said then he seamed to consider.
"Aldough...you do not need to power of an Adept you need the title...how well documented are these visions of yours you say?"
He muttered.

He grimaced, "If you could vouch for the... prisoner transfer, I'm sure the ritual would be held at Steelhaven Hall... not that that would be better, but still, it would be a burden off your shoulders. As it happens, we have a Dreamspeaker in residence who's quite the marvel when it comes to conversing with Avatars. Apparently, he can sing them right out into the open - I don't have any way of explaining how, but I know what i've seen."

"I can...transport the girl myself, but it would be a burden on any Chantry and I would not want to just give that burden to someone else."
Master Min said softly.
"I will get into some hot water if it is done here though as I am required to provide such a...service to my House since I am a Master of Spirit, but I will refuse which will create a bit of a legal mess, but no matter it happens, I am more concerned about this child. As for your Dreamspeaker that sounds quite remarkable but how is it relevant when it comes to the fate of this Fallen girl?"

He nodded, "Regardless, while the girl is recuperating, we have time to stall... with luck, it will be enough."

The old mage just nodded at that.

(OOC: I am working on the other replies.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:57 am

Devon:

"Yeah I am taking my coffee with me, I am not exactly going to be using drugs and a stethoscope now am I? Now who is it that are hurt?"
He asked as he followed you down towards the basement.
"What have happened Mr Miles?"

Adley:

"Yes those are the right keys."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I put them on the car keys I gave you to have everything in one place."
He explained.
"Good, it seams other matters are progressing smoothly as well."

Tane:

Friday:

then we agree. I'd like to know more of bae, there are questions i want to ask you... But i'll ask you some other time.

Amadeus nodded at that.
"When things calm down I will buy you a beer and we can talk young man."
He said and gave you a smile as he settled down on the sofa.

Saturday:

We should have a beer for nothing but this victory. But i'll accept. I'm Tane Karyak, a Koppa Loei becomed into Dreamspeacker.

The Solificato nodded.
"It is nice to meet you and yes, we should have a beer for nothing, it is good to just enjoy life at times."
He said and smiles.
"Interesting group you are off, I have heard about your Craft."

(OOC: You regain willpower when you sleep, so Tane would have gotten some back for each night of sleep, and when he act in accordance to his nature, I generally expect players to keep track of that, but yes let us say he have gotten a few back that he can use.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:01 am

[quote="Anja Rebekka Schultze"]Devon:

"Yeah I am taking my coffee with me, I am not exactly going to be using drugs and a stethoscope now am I? Now who is it that are hurt?"
He asked as he followed you down towards the basement.
"What have happened Mr Miles?"

Devon goes on to explain " it appears one of your dreamspeakers caught a nephandi, and they are hurt.......out of curiousity.. .how many of them do we have"

(ooc after his reply)

"hmm Starting to feel like the trojan horse ... except its 1 at a time and we are bringing them here... not sneaking... .too much of a coincidence.... way too much..... i could just be paranoid tho

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:45 am

Colin smiled enigmatically, "Well, the kid has a damn good Mentor now; I'd say he might well keep control until the end of his days."
He nodded, "Like I said, I'm unlikely to press the issue - the chief concern is that the girl and her mother are safe."
He pondered, "Hum, from the descriptions I've heard and read, I would wager the vampires' Beast is not an Avatar, but something else that digs in and occupies the space the Avatar would have held. Sort of like a parasite; a demonic possession, perhaps."
He nodded, "Avoiding the assault would indeed be preferable... but it might not be possible; I have a nasty suspicion the attack will come no matter what we do... but we can prepare for it, strike it back..."
He smiled thinly, "The visions are... very well corroborated. The first vision, which was of my... stroll inside a polyp was a Seeking, taking place twenty years in the future. One thing I clearly remembered was getting Umbral piloting lessons in Jeffry Morgan's inherited shuttle; I did see the Heart of Horizon and St. Victoria's Blade during the all too short attack run I made in a small dart fighter captured from the Union, and as soon as I woke up, I drew a picture of the two ships, among other things. At this point, I had already met Master Cita Telar on an unrelated matter, and she is a guest at Steelhaven. I did send her a photo of my drawing, and she was impressed with the accuracy of it. Additionally, a little later that day, while I was still a bit rattled by some of the things I had seen, a Mercere courier came to give Chief Morgan a letter - a notification of inheritance. Believe you me, that poor messenger was quite unsettled that I knew the contents of the message before he had delivered it, made even more unsettling by the fact that it was, well... by way of complicated relation, someone the Chief had scarcely met. It was at that point I went to see your House brother, Master George Steelhaven. He's got a magnificent spell for transcribing memories. That transcript, amply illustrated and in both an expurgated and unexpurgated version, are available for interested parties... the expurgated version merely having some elements of... deeply personal interest removed."
He took a deep breath, "The second vision was working in a time bubble created by our Deaconess Mara O'Connor, who had noticed that a dream was following me, and was not done with me yet... In that vision, taking place a little before the first one, an old friend came visiting to remind me of a conversation I'd told him about in the past, where I'd mentioned how the rescue mission for Liv Bergen was made possible by my recruiting a renegade HIT-Mark in the apartment building where the girl was held, and how I'd commented on how if I'd not had that reminder, the mission might have failed... Suffice to say, the ex-Technocrat was indeed in the building and willing to help save a child from a fate worse than death, and I'm going to see that future old friend to tell him about how a remembered future conversation with an old friend saved my life... Yes, it's rather a befuddling time loop involved."
He frowned, "The third vision... I had that one here, while sleeping in a time bubble generously provided by Master Harris. In Concordia, a couple of months hence, just after a quite damaging attack which, unfortunately, I don't remember enough of to adequately warn against - a small assault which will plow through the city past the Verbena clinic and straight to the Council Hall; I don't recall who or how, but the structural damage seemed... more severe than the loss of life, I think. There might have been some almost-adequate evacuation preparations made. In any case, one of the pertinent details in that vision was a blue apatite rose I had acquired here to give to Beatrice Alexander upon my return to Boston. When I woke up from a two-day coma in Lady Crexia's time bubble later, Mrs. Knox had left me a little get well-present..."
He pulled the stone rose from his pocket and held it up for Min to see, "Suffice to say, I'm beginning to think I'll never get to enjoy a coincidence again..."
He smiled, "If we find the way, I'm not going to be the one most deserving of such celebrations... but any port in a storm, I guess - I just might hold you to it, even if it's five or ten years down the line."
He grinned, "Some have suggested it might be a matter of when rather than if... but having a sick day at the time might be advisable; I doubt they could hold me responsible for what my Avatar might decide to do... Hum, new life... it would add some further credibility to my hypothesis about... well, I'm sure Master Telar will be able to shed some light on that, one way or the other. I've recently come to suspect that shredded Avatars can come together again; congeal into new Avatars, as it were... and that mine might be such a one. It's only a hypothesis, mind. Also, the prisoner did not see my Avatar... her Avatar decided to pipe up, and she related what it said. Hmmm, she did warn that if I were put in a Caul, the sad lady like a broken glass doll in an egg would tear it apart... I should rather not test that claim, but it might be something worth keeping in mind should the situation turn plum-shaped."
He shook his head slowly, "No need to apologize for such sentimentality. I've got a few old friends from the military who have... changed in similar ways. Not exactly the same, certainly, but still marked by wha they've done..."
He pondered, "I've had Initiate ability in Entropy for years, though I only had a ranking a few days ago. I had a flash of enlightenment while in Epiphany only... yesterday? Anyways, a sudden understanding of Prime, letting me save Chief Morgan from processing too much resonated quintessence through his own system... Yes, I can burn off resonated quintessence, even tass without ill effects. As for hitting Adept ability... I don't know. I seem to be accelerating faster of late..."
He arched an eyebrow, "Only the first vision - the one of war in the sky above Horizon - is committed to paper. The other two... no. Though I do have a drawing of the streets of Concordia, where I have yet to tread, from the last vision. I'm sure I could get Master Steelhaven's help with the remaining visions, though - he can vouch for the one already written down. I believe his word would be quite... irrefutable. Are you suggesting I can get a battlefield promotion to save a child?"
He shook his head, "You misunderstand me, I'm afraid. By prisoner transport, I meant that we might bring her to Steelhaven to try to, hm, lead her back to the light as part of the restoration project, not that she could be shuffled over to us to be... well, that. And for the Dreamspeaker, he might work as well as the Criamon, if we can't find the one who aided miss Florentine; his unique knack for communicating directly with Avatars might be priceless."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:34 am

Colin:

Colin smiled enigmatically, "Well, the kid has a damn good Mentor now; I'd say he might well keep control until the end of his days."

"Hum...well let us hope so."
The old judge said but he did seam concerned about it.

He nodded, "Like I said, I'm unlikely to press the issue - the chief concern is that the girl and her mother are safe."

Min nodded.
"Very well..."

He pondered, "Hum, from the descriptions I've heard and read, I would wager the vampires' Beast is not an Avatar, but something else that digs in and occupies the space the Avatar would have held. Sort of like a parasite; a demonic possession, perhaps."

"Hum...you may be right about that Mr Wainwright and according to the lupines that is exactly what it is, a wyrm spirit, an aspect of one of the children of well, in effect the personification of Entropy, which is a disturbing thought in itself."

He nodded, "Avoiding the assault would indeed be preferable... but it might not be possible; I have a nasty suspicion the attack will come no matter what we do... but we can prepare for it, strike it back..."

"Well we are going to have to try to avoid the attack, but like you said Mr Wainwright, if avoiding it is not possible then we will need to try to minimize what damage we take, and make sure we make our enemies hurt for it."
Master Min said and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "The visions are... very well corroborated. The first vision, which was of my... stroll inside a polyp was a Seeking, taking place twenty years in the future. One thing I clearly remembered was getting Umbral piloting lessons in Jeffry Morgan's inherited shuttle; I did see the Heart of Horizon and St. Victoria's Blade during the all too short attack run I made in a small dart fighter captured from the Union, and as soon as I woke up, I drew a picture of the two ships, among other things. At this point, I had already met Master Cita Telar on an unrelated matter, and she is a guest at Steelhaven. I did send her a photo of my drawing, and she was impressed with the accuracy of it. Additionally, a little later that day, while I was still a bit rattled by some of the things I had seen, a Mercere courier came to give Chief Morgan a letter - a notification of inheritance. Believe you me, that poor messenger was quite unsettled that I knew the contents of the message before he had delivered it, made even more unsettling by the fact that it was, well... by way of complicated relation, someone the Chief had scarcely met. It was at that point I went to see your House brother, Master George Steelhaven. He's got a magnificent spell for transcribing memories. That transcript, amply illustrated and in both an expurgated and unexpurgated version, are available for interested parties... the expurgated version merely having some elements of... deeply personal interest removed."

The old judge listened as you spoke of your vision.
"Hum...that are indeed very well documented Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"I think I will have to get a copy of these transcripts, minus the more personal details off course and read it though, it could be quite interesting indeed, with your permission off course."

He took a deep breath, "The second vision was working in a time bubble created by our Deaconess Mara O'Connor, who had noticed that a dream was following me, and was not done with me yet... In that vision, taking place a little before the first one, an old friend came visiting to remind me of a conversation I'd told him about in the past, where I'd mentioned how the rescue mission for Liv Bergen was made possible by my recruiting a renegade HIT-Mark in the apartment building where the girl was held, and how I'd commented on how if I'd not had that reminder, the mission might have failed... Suffice to say, the ex-Technocrat was indeed in the building and willing to help save a child from a fate worse than death, and I'm going to see that future old friend to tell him about how a remembered future conversation with an old friend saved my life... Yes, it's rather a befuddling time loop involved."

"Hum...yes such time loops can indeed be confusing, but at least it turned out for the best Mr Wainwright and you managed to save Miss Bergen without great injury to any member of your party..."
Master Min said and leaded back in his chair regarding you.

He frowned, "The third vision... I had that one here, while sleeping in a time bubble generously provided by Master Harris. In Concordia, a couple of months hence, just after a quite damaging attack which, unfortunately, I don't remember enough of to adequately warn against - a small assault which will plow through the city past the Verbena clinic and straight to the Council Hall; I don't recall who or how, but the structural damage seemed... more severe than the loss of life, I think. There might have been some almost-adequate evacuation preparations made. In any case, one of the pertinent details in that vision was a blue apatite rose I had acquired here to give to Beatrice Alexander upon my return to Boston. When I woke up from a two-day coma in Lady Crexia's time bubble later, Mrs. Knox had left me a little get well-present..."
He pulled the stone rose from his pocket and held it up for Min to see, "Suffice to say, I'm beginning to think I'll never get to enjoy a coincidence again..."

"It do seam that Time have something to tell you indeed."
The old Quesitor said as he regarded the apatite rose.
"This attack on Horizon do worry me though, have they been warned about it Mr Wainwright?"

He smiled, "If we find the way, I'm not going to be the one most deserving of such celebrations... but any port in a storm, I guess - I just might hold you to it, even if it's five or ten years down the line."

Min gave a smile at that and nodded.
"It is a deal then young man."
He said though he looked to be about the same age as you, not that appearance of age mattered much.

He grinned, "Some have suggested it might be a matter of when rather than if... but having a sick day at the time might be advisable; I doubt they could hold me responsible for what my Avatar might decide to do... Hum, new life... it would add some further credibility to my hypothesis about... well, I'm sure Master Telar will be able to shed some light on that, one way or the other.

"Yes indeed, with a rather peculiar, if you do not mind the term, Avatar like yours, who knows what it would do if someone decided to try to adorn it against it's will, and whatever or not you are responsible for your Avatar's actions, that is actually a matter up for much legal debate Mr Wainwright, after all you are when it is incarnated one being, but it also have an ability to act on it's own, then again it can be punished for your cations, chances are it will be found legal that you may be punished for it's actions as well."
He said and gave you a look.
"Well I hope the meaning behind the symbolism will come to you one day Mr Wainwright."

I've recently come to suspect that shredded Avatars can come together again; congeal into new Avatars, as it were... and that mine might be such a one. It's only a hypothesis, mind. Also, the prisoner did not see my Avatar... her Avatar decided to pipe up, and she related what it said. Hmmm, she did warn that if I were put in a Caul, the sad lady like a broken glass doll in an egg would tear it apart... I should rather not test that claim, but it might be something worth keeping in mind should the situation turn plum-shaped."

"I have read a research paper on that topic once Mr Wainwright, as I told you I am against the use of Gilgul, and one paper that we got from a member of the Technocracy indicate another problem with the ritual, this man, a Research Director Reed theorize that if there are enough Avatar shards out there they might form a storm and mage the Umbra quite unpleasant...she also have the theory that if you drop a sleeper into said storm, Avatar shards will cling to them like sugar bits in a spun sugar machine and eventually form a new Avatar for them...hum...I have a copy of that paper somewhere..."
He said and stood and begun to look through his bookshelves.
"May I ask why you suspect you have such a soul? Also the girl's Avatar is worried your Avatar will harm their Caul...that could be a disturbing weapon, let us hope we do not have to use it...joking aside though if you ever get yourself into a Brandable amount of trouble, be sure to warn the court..."

He shook his head slowly, "No need to apologize for such sentimentality. I've got a few old friends from the military who have... changed in similar ways. Not exactly the same, certainly, but still marked by wha they've done..."

"Yes at times...our deeds in life can be haunting."
The old judge said sadly and looked out into nothing for a while.

He pondered, "I've had Initiate ability in Entropy for years, though I only had a ranking a few days ago. I had a flash of enlightenment while in Epiphany only... yesterday? Anyways, a sudden understanding of Prime, letting me save Chief Morgan from processing too much resonated quintessence through his own system... Yes, I can burn off resonated quintessence, even tass without ill effects. As for hitting Adept ability... I don't know. I seem to be accelerating faster of late..."

"Yes I heard some rumors of this rote of yours my good man...your ability in magick though I am sad to say it do not seam likely that even if you progress faster that you will be able to reach the rank of Adept normally at least in time to stall legal proceeding for that child. It usually take many years and you have at best a month, more likely a week or two."
Min said and sigh.

He arched an eyebrow, "Only the first vision - the one of war in the sky above Horizon - is committed to paper. The other two... no. Though I do have a drawing of the streets of Concordia, where I have yet to tread, from the last vision. I'm sure I could get Master Steelhaven's help with the remaining visions, though - he can vouch for the one already written down. I believe his word would be quite... irrefutable. Are you suggesting I can get a battlefield promotion to save a child?"

"To save the child not not officially but because of your visions and what good they can do, yes perhaps there are legal grounds to do just that."
The old mage said as he handed you one book and searched for another.
"It might be enough but I would have to search through the legal documentation but it is a possible solution."
He said as he pulled a large, green tome out of the shelf.
"And then you can choose to take a student, which then might save the child or at least buy her time."

He shook his head, "You misunderstand me, I'm afraid. By prisoner transport, I meant that we might bring her to Steelhaven to try to, hm, lead her back to the light as part of the restoration project, not that she could be shuffled over to us to be... well, that. And for the Dreamspeaker, he might work as well as the Criamon, if we can't find the one who aided miss Florentine; his unique knack for communicating directly with Avatars might be priceless."

"I see, well that do make more sense, but you will have to find a way to halt regular proceeding first."
Min said and nodded.
"Her restoration if such a thing is possible would probably take far longer than you have, your only hope is to stall things until you can get the Council to show mercy, if you can do such a thing, transporting her to your Chantry would be something that comes after that point. As for your Dreamspeaker yes he might be useful."

Devon:

Devon goes on to explain " it appears one of your dreamspeakers caught a nephandi, and they are hurt.......out of curiousity.. .how many of them do we have"

"I see, I am to save someone's bloody life so they can be interrogated and then have their Avatars ripped out, wonderful."
Rush grumbled as he followed you.
"How many do we have of what? Nephandi or Dreamspeakers, if the former then now two and two widderslainte, if the latter then exactly one last count."
The Verbena said and gave a bit of a smile.

"hmm Starting to feel like the trojan horse ... except its 1 at a time and we are bringing them here... not sneaking... .too much of a coincidence.... way too much..... i could just be paranoid tho

"Yeah...well hopefully we will get the prisoners shipped to Horizon soon and they will be out of our hair."
Ingmar said.
"The two widderslaintes though you do not need worry about, one is a Cabalmate of mine and you can trust her, the other, one of the prisoners is just a kid."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:49 pm

"So much bad stuff.. not that i know the whole piture... seems like something is going to happen" as he talks to Rush " i am a little blind on info here... not a good thing " Devon gives a tight smile.

Then Devon invites Rush to go through the door downstairs

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:58 pm

"Hum...I had not considered it but yes as our numbers of prisoners increase, there is a chance that is a trap of some sort."
The young Verbena said then he sigh, he walks down towards the cellar.
"Well I should get this guy healed up and then we can hear what he knows, or rather what we can get out of him, do you know if Master Morgan have been informed about this prisoner yet Mr Miles?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "The Changing Folk may well have the right of it... let's hope they're not too right, if that is the case."
He nodded, "The two capital ships help, but what will be crucial is a small series of carrier ships - hangar vessels for the zeppelins to support them at longer range. Those are not yet planned, but I remember some design specifications... I have a few drawings somewhere; I have a few people I mean to look up to confer with in that regard."
He smiled, "The expurgated version was intended for general distribution to anyone who asks. The unexpurgated version... slightly more restricted; mainly for research purposes. All you have to do is to request a copy from Master Sharaya at Steelhaven Hall."
He pondered, "Have they been warned... I'm not entirely sure. It's been quite hectic since I had that nap - I have discussed it with Master Harris and Lady Crexia; it's entirely possible they have passed the concerns on to the relevant authorities. In any case, I intend to get a proper transcript and testimony when I get back to Steelhaven and have a few minutes to spare."
He shrugged, "The hypothesis is based on a few small observations - first and foremost, it's quite small and seemingly fragile, but it has proven to be far better at pulling itself together than it ought to, secondly, it seems to behave like one would expect a Primordial Avatar to do... but mine is a Pattern Avatar. Recently, it has felt a little like... it has pieced itself together at least once, and is still learning how to do so better. There's nothing I can point to as solid evidence that my Avatar might be such a... reassembled Frankentar, but it does seem to possess a certain orneryness and hardiness one might expect from a bigger, older and stronger Avatar. And yes, obviously, should I ever find myself under arrest with such a potential outcome, I would have to warn whoever might decide to poke around that it doesn't take that sort of treatment sitting down."
He nodded, "It does seem like an impossibly short time, yes. I do believe I have the raw power necessary, though - it's just the understanding of the Spheres of magic that's yet a bit insufficient. And without a Mentor or Tradition of my own, well... it's astounding how much I've managed to cobble together from scratch."
He pondered, "Petitioning for an early or honorary advancement... I can't imagine that will be as simple as just asking someone to promote me. Then again, would that perhaps be within the purview of the Deacon Primus of my Chantry of residence?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "The Changing Folk may well have the right of it... let's hope they're not too right, if that is the case."

"Hum...yes indeed let us hope so. I am no expert when it comes to the changing folk or their stories though, other than that I know that when it comes to dealing with spirits they are very skilled since they are party spirit themselves. They are a noble people."
The old mage said and nodded.

He nodded, "The two capital ships help, but what will be crucial is a small series of carrier ships - hangar vessels for the zeppelins to support them at longer range. Those are not yet planned, but I remember some design specifications... I have a few drawings somewhere; I have a few people I mean to look up to confer with in that regard."

"I might be able to arrange for you a meeting with Alexis Hastings, a most talented young Etherite, she is the well...unofficial admiral of the Sons fleet of Umbral vessels, she might be most interested in such designs and she will not care if the plans comes from an Orphan."
Master Min offered.

He smiled, "The expurgated version was intended for general distribution to anyone who asks. The unexpurgated version... slightly more restricted; mainly for research purposes. All you have to do is to request a copy from Master Sharaya at Steelhaven Hall."

"I will have to do that then, thank you Mr Wainwright."
The old judge said and inclined his head.

He pondered, "Have they been warned... I'm not entirely sure. It's been quite hectic since I had that nap - I have discussed it with Master Harris and Lady Crexia; it's entirely possible they have passed the concerns on to the relevant authorities. In any case, I intend to get a proper transcript and testimony when I get back to Steelhaven and have a few minutes to spare."

"I am going to have to ask Lady Crexia then when she get out of the Council Chambers where they are discussing a Node issue...I am sure she will arrange for proper warnings to be delivered, she is a dependable woman."
Min said though he made a note of it in a small, black notebook he fished out of a pocket on his west.

He shrugged, "The hypothesis is based on a few small observations - first and foremost, it's quite small and seemingly fragile, but it has proven to be far better at pulling itself together than it ought to, secondly, it seems to behave like one would expect a Primordial Avatar to do... but mine is a Pattern Avatar. Recently, it has felt a little like... it has pieced itself together at least once, and is still learning how to do so better. There's nothing I can point to as solid evidence that my Avatar might be such a... reassembled Frankentar, but it does seem to possess a certain orneryness and hardiness one might expect from a bigger, older and stronger Avatar. And yes, obviously, should I ever find myself under arrest with such a potential outcome, I would have to warn whoever might decide to poke around that it doesn't take that sort of treatment sitting down."

"Hum...that is quite interesting indeed. I would not know I have never heard about such an Avatar other than in that research paper but it is a possibility."
The old judge said then he leaned over to tap at the small book he had handed you, a slim volume that was spiral bound.
"Dr Reed's hypothesis can be found in there, you are welcome to borrow it and read it if you so wish Mr Wainwright, if you do not mind reading the work of a Technocrat that is, the good doctor do seam like she know a thing or to about Avatar splinters."
He offered.
"Yes indeed there where a few years ago where a Primordial Avatar where to be Branded, it did not end well..."

He nodded, "It does seem like an impossibly short time, yes. I do believe I have the raw power necessary, though - it's just the understanding of the Spheres of magic that's yet a bit insufficient. And without a Mentor or Tradition of my own, well... it's astounding how much I've managed to cobble together from scratch."

"I used twenty five years to reach my first Adept degree Mr Wainwright and that was with an Archmage for a Mentor and a rich, resourceful Chantry to study at."
The old Hermetic said and sigh.
"Yes what you have been able to do is impressive and I have no doubt you will reach such understanding, but it will take time you do not have in this instance, the Traditions likes to deal with the Fallen in a speedy manner."
He muttered ruefully.

He pondered, "Petitioning for an early or honorary advancement... I can't imagine that will be as simple as just asking someone to promote me. Then again, would that perhaps be within the purview of the Deacon Primus of my Chantry of residence?"

"Yes your Deacon Primus can give such a honorary degree, just like non gifted Mercere sometimes get them, there is also the possibility of being declared an Adept by having enough lower degrees, it is a social rank after all, just like some Masters are declared Archmagi due to having several Masteries. Our Deacon Primus Martin Hermansønn have Mastered five Spheres and are Adept in three more, he is considered an Archmage even if he have not demostrated the ability in one area of reality to be considered an Archmage of that Sphere. Our own dear Mirri have reached Adept degree in four Spheres and are Disciple in three more if she where to press the issue chances are she would be recognized as a Master of the Art due to the volume of her knowledge even if she have not Mastered a single Sphere. This is not common to do for lower ranks, but it is never the less lawful. The easiest though perhaps is to talk with Master Steelhaven about an honorary rank."
The old judge explained, he talked as if he was quite used to giving legal advice and assisting quiets, indicating he was more familiar with the role of advisor and advocate than persecutor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:24 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"Hum...I had not considered it but yes as our numbers of prisoners increase, there is a chance that is a trap of some sort."
The young Verbena said then he sigh, he walks down towards the cellar.
"Well I should get this guy healed up and then we can hear what he knows, or rather what we can get out of him, do you know if Master Morgan have been informed about this prisoner yet Mr Miles?"

:i am not sure if Chief Morgan has been advised.. .i will go tell him after i journey with you to the "patient" Devon replies

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:30 pm

Colin nodded, "So I've gathered. We have a wereshark visiting at Steelhaven - the brother of our resident Dreamspeaker, in fact. I'm not, mind you, altogether certain whether that's a matter of blood or adoption..."
Colin perked up, "Ah, yes, the new Seat of Matter; she renamed her Tradition to the Children of Eth... no, wait, that's not happened yet."
He grinned sheepishly, "Yes, I know the name; she's rather on top of my list, as a matter of fact..."
He nodded, "The more lend their weight to the warning, the better the chance the right people take note of it."
He accepted the book carefully, "I'm familiar with the basics of science. I believe I shall manage just nicely - I might have to look up a few of the words, but that's another matter. For that matter, I might return it with a sheet of my own notes and thoughts on the subject. Would you mind if I copy the text, though?"
He smiled thinly, "Whereas I, with pretty much only only a vast library of Fantasy novels took a quarter century to reach my second Initiate level... and I pretty much started out with the first from the day I Awoke. And a slightly deeper understanding of the physical sciences than most, for that matter - I might not be able to manipulate space, time, materials or energy by direct magic, but I certanly have been able to notice when someone else does for a long time. Living things, by any definition of the term, though? Not so much - just can't seem to either understand it, or a part of me doesn't want me to force my will on other beings like that... I've built a broad base of understanding, but the height of the structure takes its time."
He nodded, "Wait, let me just make sure I recall the ranking system correctly - Apprentice level is limited to perception, Initiate is where you can start manipulation, and by increasing complexity it advances to Disciple, Adept and then Master, right? Hmmm, in any case, that means I would be urgently advanced two steps... though seeing as it appears to be me who has been sending my past self memories from the future, I suppose it could well be argued that time is just a minor formality in the matter... I will ask Master Steelhaven upon my return."

((OOC: Wait, I just discovered - Colin's a dual *Apprentice*, not *Initiate*, according to White Wolf's Wikia... http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Ranks_and_Titles_in_Mage:_The_Ascension - but I'll go with what's been used so far; see if it might be corrected later...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Devon:

Ingmar nods, you get down to the cellar corridor again where the unconscious prisoner have been laid on the floor, a pool of blood where gathering under his wounded hand. The Verbena sigh and kneel down by the wounded man's side.
"Have his magick been restrained in any way Arn?"
He asks one of those who dragged the man down and the young man asked shook his head.
"Hum...Mr Miles was it, if you would kindly inform Master Morgan of this prisoner and then request some way to contain his magick, the last thing we need is an angry mage loose in the building, tossing spells everywhere."
He muttered.
"I will tend to his hand in the meantime, but he have lost allot of blood.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "So I've gathered. We have a wereshark visiting at Steelhaven - the brother of our resident Dreamspeaker, in fact. I'm not, mind you, altogether certain whether that's a matter of blood or adoption..."

"Hum...and interesting relation. I do not think I have ever met a wereshark, I have met werewolves and Kitsune or werefoxes and a werecat at one point but not sharks, that sounds quite...formidable."

Colin perked up, "Ah, yes, the new Seat of Matter; she renamed her Tradition to the Children of Eth... no, wait, that's not happened yet."
He grinned sheepishly, "Yes, I know the name; she's rather on top of my list, as a matter of fact..."

The old judge looked quite confused for a moment then the raised an eyebrow.
"A female Prima of the Sons of Ether...that is...hum...well it is progress. I shall see if I can set up a meeting between the two of you then. Miss Hastings is a somewhat eccentric but still reasonable woman."

He nodded, "The more lend their weight to the warning, the better the chance the right people take note of it."

Master Min nodded.
"Indeed."

He accepted the book carefully, "I'm familiar with the basics of science. I believe I shall manage just nicely - I might have to look up a few of the words, but that's another matter. For that matter, I might return it with a sheet of my own notes and thoughts on the subject. Would you mind if I copy the text, though?"

"No by all means as long as I get the book back you may copy it as you please."
The old judge said.
"And it will be interesting to read your notes if you do include them."

He smiled thinly, "Whereas I, with pretty much only only a vast library of Fantasy novels took a quarter century to reach my second Initiate level... and I pretty much started out with the first from the day I Awoke. And a slightly deeper understanding of the physical sciences than most, for that matter - I might not be able to manipulate space, time, materials or energy by direct magic, but I certanly have been able to notice when someone else does for a long time. Living things, by any definition of the term, though? Not so much - just can't seem to either understand it, or a part of me doesn't want me to force my will on other beings like that... I've built a broad base of understanding, but the height of the structure takes its time."

"It is not that uncommon for one Sphere of Magick to be unavailable to one mage or another, or you might just have more talent in other areas or need to go through Seekings to gain understandings in the areas of living things. You do seam to have some talent though and have been able to do very well with the resources you have."
The old mage said and nodded.
"It is a shame a proper mentor never found you, then again if you had the rigidity of a Tradition you might progress faster but not have your inventiveness...which would be a shame."

He nodded, "Wait, let me just make sure I recall the ranking system correctly - Apprentice level is limited to perception, Initiate is where you can start manipulation, and by increasing complexity it advances to Disciple, Adept and then Master, right? Hmmm, in any case, that means I would be urgently advanced two steps... though seeing as it appears to be me who has been sending my past self memories from the future, I suppose it could well be argued that time is just a minor formality in the matter... I will ask Master Steelhaven upon my return."

"You will become an Archmage of Time one day then Mr Wainwright as the ability to send something back in time, messages, people or items are the gifts of the greatest among us, it seams you might become quite the mage one day. But yes Master Steelhaven should be able to use some of these things to argue for giving you a honorary Adept ranking, it should not be contested to much, especially given your future potential..."
Min said and nodden in acknowledgement.

(OOC: Yeah those two ranks have been switched about in the core books from the beginning, some using apprentice as the first rank and initiate as the second and some doing the reverse, I just choose one for this game as the books can not agree with themselves. The same way new information on the Tradition's legal systems will come out in Book of Secrets, up until now I have used what found in the Core books, Tradition Book Euthanatos, Horizon Stronghold of Hope and Guide to the Traditions as well and filling in with information from Ars Magica where Mage lack the information I need, however if the new book contradict anything I have used in this game, I will ignore it and just add what do not contradict it. World of Darkness books are notorious for contradicting one another and when that happens I just pick what I think fit best for the game I am running and go with it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:45 pm

Colin nodded, "Formidable indeed. The fellow looks as though he's able to throw a jeep with little exertion in his human form; I decided not to inquire too closely. He certainly is the big stick to his brother's soft speech."
He smiled, "I'm sure I can deal with the eccentricities of such a capable engineer. I've seen her flagship in flight over Horizon, after all, in the heat of battle... er, well, I will have seen... ah, the Cultists understand my grammatical frustrations, at least."
He smoothly pocketed the book, "I'll do my best to return it in the same condition you lent it to me. Hm, I really ought to have brought a small briefcase, really... my pockets seem to be filling up with all sorts of items, like in one of those old adventure games on the computer... The next thing you know, I'll be dragging along the Legendary Sword of Zork or something as well... next to the entropic tass and the broken handgun..."
He shrugged, "If I never learn how to control minds, bodies or spirits... I don't think i'll consider it a personal loss. I seem to be better with polite conversation than force of will in any case."
He grinned, "Well, Archmage rank is probably a lot farther off than twenty years, which does suggest I'll survive my little romp through the Nephandi battlecruiser... Oh, yes, that's another detail about the vision - the descriptions of the interior of the things, as well as the presence and nature of the Handler have been confirmed by a very confused Nephandus who wondered how the hell I knew about that. It appears the man is such an ass that even his own Mentor would prefer being shackled to a polyp for the rest of her life over dealing with her apprentice..."

((OOC: Well, then, that settles that - Apprentice advances to Initiate. That does make as much sense as the other way around, anyway. First you learn the absolute basics as an apprentice, then you start figuring out what you can actually do with it...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Colin nodded, "Formidable indeed. The fellow looks as though he's able to throw a jeep with little exertion in his human form; I decided not to inquire too closely. He certainly is the big stick to his brother's soft speech."

"It seams that Steelhaven Hall is quite the colorful Chantry Mr Wainwright, at least you have a powerful ally there."
Master Min said and nodded.

He smiled, "I'm sure I can deal with the eccentricities of such a capable engineer. I've seen her flagship in flight over Horizon, after all, in the heat of battle... er, well, I will have seen... ah, the Cultists understand my grammatical frustrations, at least."

"Well generally she respond well to politeness but not to booth licking, she value straight speech and intelligence, her mind do tend to wander and she have a great love for electricity, but yes she is a fine lady, one of the best the Sons of Ethers have produced."
The old mage said then he gave a slight smile.
"And yes indeed the Cultist might understand those frustrations better than most."

He smoothly pocketed the book, "I'll do my best to return it in the same condition you lent it to me. Hm, I really ought to have brought a small briefcase, really... my pockets seem to be filling up with all sorts of items, like in one of those old adventure games on the computer... The next thing you know, I'll be dragging along the Legendary Sword of Zork or something as well... next to the entropic tass and the broken handgun..."

"Zork I am afraid I do not understand Mr Wainwright?"
The Enforcer clearly where not getting your reference as he gave you a puzzled look.
"That being said I find that bringing a briefcase with me to often be of some use."

He shrugged, "If I never learn how to control minds, bodies or spirits... I don't think i'll consider it a personal loss. I seem to be better with polite conversation than force of will in any case."

"Well there are much that can be accomplished in those relevant areas of reality that do not involve enforcing your will on anything Mr Wainwright, healing for example, or getting to the point where one are able to have a polite conversation with an Umbrood, that being said we all have our individual talents and areas of expertise."

He grinned, "Well, Archmage rank is probably a lot farther off than twenty years, which does suggest I'll survive my little romp through the Nephandi battlecruiser... Oh, yes, that's another detail about the vision - the descriptions of the interior of the things, as well as the presence and nature of the Handler have been confirmed by a very confused Nephandus who wondered how the hell I knew about that. It appears the man is such an ass that even his own Mentor would prefer being shackled to a polyp for the rest of her life over dealing with her apprentice..."

"It usually takes centuries to reach Archmage degree yes, there are those like Master Dante or Mistress Morninglade who have managed to master such advanced magick at so tender a age, but for most it takes lifestimes, if they ever are able to accomplish it. I do hope that is a good sign for you Mr Wainwright then again it can be a future incarnation that give you these visions, or an alternate version of you from a parallel timeline."
Master Min said then he nodded.
"Hum, interesting, is the information about the interior of the Nephandi Battle Cruisers also to be found in the transcripts of your visions? That might give us a tactical advantage."
He said sounding quite interested.
"This Nephandus you spoke to sounds like a most ehm...charming man, I will assume he is a prisoner or dead then?"

(OOC: Yes it makes more sense to me but I guess both works. It is a bit like when I played in a Dune RPG. In the Books the most mutated, most powerful Navigators are first stage and the ones that are still humanoid and live outside of a tank are third stage, in the Lynch film this is reversed, and Herbert gave his ok to everything about the Navigators in that film so both are cannon so for the game we just had to choose one and went with the most advanced ones being third stage as it made more sense.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:49 pm

"Yes those are the right keys." Joakim said and nodded. "I put them on the car keys I gave you to have everything in one place." He explained. "Good, it seams other matters are progressing smoothly as well."

He tried to come inside the office while the man was talking, his phone in his hand too. For a moment he looked at them both, a sudden thought that once they both would have had wands or speaking stones or a spirit messenger as at hand and now they had...Nokias. He said, "Right, got to go then, sir," he said pocketing the keys again. "Got to beat them to the place..." he said, as he brought the message up.

// and aside from the core book version differences, to make it more confusing (and because the Order loves lists, hierarchy and structure) the OoH have /their own ranking system/ (pretty sure this is the same list as in the 2nd ed splat somewhere) that includes ranks for unawakened magii as well which makes me wonder what they used before they differentiated them that way http://crownandtower.wikidot.com/order-of-hermes

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Joakim stepped out of the way so you could get into his office.
"Very well, it would be a boon to get there before the Massassa indeed, Mrs Knox and Miss Cardell the Sentinel should be ready and waiting for you in the lobby, so all should be ready, please do be careful and call for help if you end in in trouble."
The Security Chief said he looked a bit tired it had been a long day.
"Good luck."

(OOC: All the Traditions have their own ranks. Before the Order of Hermes separated between Awakened and Unawakened depend on what source you look at. As for the ranks in Order of Hermes yeah that are the one that are in the splat book I think. Yes for the first two degrees they are thought only lesser hedge magic, a few Awaken before this and are directly taken as Awakened apprentices but most go through the entire line. It seams I have forgotten a degree there though, I thought it was the first degree that practiced the Geotica and similar lesser hedge magic system and it was second degree that where accomplished hedge wizard, Joakom for example then would be third degree, a fully developed and initiated hedge wizard not second, my mistake.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:15 pm

"Very well, it would be a boon to get there before the Massassa indeed, Mrs Knox and Miss Cardell the Sentinel should be ready and waiting for you in the lobby, so all should be ready, please do be careful and call for help if you end in in trouble." The Security Chief said he looked a bit tired it had been a long day. "Good luck."

"Thank you," he said "I'll take all the good luck that we need and same to you, sir. May I call them back from here?" He wanted to contact Tyler back with the address while still safely under the protections of the chantry. He didn't want the woman to get antsy but he needed time to get everyone there.

// Yeah, that's true - it depends how much a group like formality when it comes to ranking, some are much less elaborate iirc.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:21 pm

Colin grinned, "Colourful, yes... we certainly have a diverse cast of characters, almost to the point where one might suspect the Chantry was the setting for an absurdist situational comedy."
He nodded, "She certainly had a no-nonsense attitude over the comms in the Battle for Horizon... In fact, hers was the last voice I heard before ramming into the polyp. She makes an excellent commander, by the sound of it."
He shook his head, "Sorry, reference to an old series of video games. The sort where one could lug around the equivalent of two IKEA stores in one's pockets."
He smiled, "I might gain some understanding of those topics of magic, but for the time being, I will settle for that which I do have a basic grasp of."
He grimaced, "Oh, please God, don't let it be an alternate timeline... I hate those, they always muck up the continuity, and when things try to bleed through, it always ends with some horrible alien invasion kerfuffle... I really am going to have to build me a Police Box..."
He shook his head, "Ah, sorry, pop-cultural reference again. Yes, what I saw of the polyp's interior is also included. Mostly a vast variety of sensory organs and genitalia on the walls, but a very important point is that they seem to have sloppy security. Few guard patrols and more importantly, any lucky idiot can fiddle with the, er, computer consoles and get something good; no proper security checkpoints or anything."
He grinned wryly, "The man's called Diego... Yes, he's a captive; he's... the sort of person for whom the deplorable ritual might be appropriate. Even other Nephandi think he's an ass. Still, he was distractible enough to let slip some useful information."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:37 pm

Adley:

"Thank you," he said "I'll take all the good luck that we need and same to you, sir. May I call them back from here?"

"Yes off course."
Joakim said and indicated a chair.
"Make whatever calls you need young man."

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Colourful, yes... we certainly have a diverse cast of characters, almost to the point where one might suspect the Chantry was the setting for an absurdist situational comedy."

"Well we have our own collection of unusual suspects right here at Morningstar."
Min said and smiles.
"I suspect this is often the case at a Chantry.

He nodded, "She certainly had a no-nonsense attitude over the comms in the Battle for Horizon... In fact, hers was the last voice I heard before ramming into the polyp. She makes an excellent commander, by the sound of it."

"Yes indeed she is an excellent commander Mr Wainwright, she have won several important Umbral battles in her life, she is quite a woman."
The old judge said with admiration in his voice.
"And yes she certainly is a no nonsense person."

He shook his head, "Sorry, reference to an old series of video games. The sort where one could lug around the equivalent of two IKEA stores in one's pockets."

"Interesting, I have never played such a game though and I have no apprentices so I have not anyone young in my life to bring such entertainment into it either."

He smiled, "I might gain some understanding of those topics of magic, but for the time being, I will settle for that which I do have a basic grasp of."

"That might be a wise way to go about it Mr Wainwright. Focusing on where one have talent often is the better course to choose."

He grimaced, "Oh, please God, don't let it be an alternate timeline... I hate those, they always muck up the continuity, and when things try to bleed through, it always ends with some horrible alien invasion kerfuffle... I really am going to have to build me a Police Box..."

Master Min looked rather confused.
"I am afraid you have lost me Mr Wainwright, and building a police box? I am sure some metal sheets, wood and glass can be come by but what on earth would you do with one?"

He shook his head, "Ah, sorry, pop-cultural reference again. Yes, what I saw of the polyp's interior is also included. Mostly a vast variety of sensory organs and genitalia on the walls, but a very important point is that they seem to have sloppy security. Few guard patrols and more importantly, any lucky idiot can fiddle with the, er, computer consoles and get something good; no proper security checkpoints or anything."

"Hum...let us hope our enemies do not learn that we know about this interior of their ships then so they do not up their security, but certainly that is an weakness that can be exploited."
Master Min said and gave a slight smile.
"And yes the Nephandi do seam to have a rather...ehm...peculiar sense of interior design."

He grinned wryly, "The man's called Diego... Yes, he's a captive; he's... the sort of person for whom the deplorable ritual might be appropriate. Even other Nephandi think he's an ass. Still, he was distractible enough to let slip some useful information."

"Sounds like a troublesome man, well while I do not like that...ritual...I suspect that will be his fate and there few then that will grieve his passing."
The judge said and shook his head.

(OOC: Yes and some have things far more confusing than the Order of Harmes, the Verbena place allot of importance on lineage, magickal and bloodline and age, while the Hollow Ones have popularity contests to determine rank for example.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Friday:
Rest then, i'll remember that. he said with a nod as he went to wash the dishes.

Saturday:
We're not many, i'm surprised you know of us. I have not met as many hermétics as i'd like, maybe we could chat more another time. he offered

((Ok then, i'll use some.
Arete 3
4 2 8 + 1 Willpower

7 6 0 + 1 Willpower

6 2 3

1 7 9

7 2 0

0 9 1

That was close...))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Friday:

Amadeus stayed with Beatrice until the dishes was taken care of, he clearly did not like the thought of his wounded apprentice being left alone for a moment, once you came back to the young Verbena's bedroom he went to lay down on the sofa to get a bit of sleep.

Saturday:

"Well we are pretty much in the same boat Mr Karyak, the Solificati to is a former Craft that is now a member of a Tradition, that is why I learned about your group and besides it is nice to know about other magickal groups than just the Traditions."
The alchemist said then he nodded.
"Yes I would like that having a chat one time when we are not in the middle of all this craziness, well then I should get going and you two stay safe."
The Solificato said and gave you a polite nod and got into the driver seat of his car and drove of.

It is not an easy job, herding the Avatar shards into the stone you had prepared was dangerous and complicated and at times it felt as if your song would fail, but then finally the last of the shards where in, all the time they screamed and shouted and cried for their lost hosts, a discordant chorus of the damned, you hear distant names, "Martha...Alexa, Johnny, Bill, Marvin..." the names of lost hosts, then finally the last shard was in the stone and the the voices ended...and there was silence.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite; possibly less so at a single-Tradition Chantry, though. There is something to be said for having a broad range of methods and abilities available; conformity tends to foster a certain... inflexibility."
He smiled, "I look forward to speaking with Madame Hastings again for the first time."
He grinned, "I'm sure Master Harris could show you how to get started - though I expect you are rather too busy much of the time to indulge in such entertainment."
He chuckled softly, "The Police Box is only the most iconic time machine in television history - it first appeared over fifty years ago now, and is known for appearing in unexpected places at unexpected times... It also happens to be significantly larger on the inside, so it's very much a complex means of travel. And usually a bit of a bumpy ride, come to think of it..."
Colin snorted, "Well, I suppose they have easy ways to see how the mood of the Labyrinth or battlecruiser is at any given time... It's the sort of thing you don't want to be too happy, I suppose. I've... been on the internet; I would prefer not to speculate further..."
He sighed, "Quite... The man seems to be firmly dedicated to being an expendable minion, but unlike someone such as Jodelle Jerkins in your own cells, he makes an effort to irritate his guards. There are few people who manage to aggravate me without leaving a shred of sympathy or compassion... essentially, he's it. Even... hum, that's also something I'm wondering about, actually... Let us say that a Tradition member is made a victim of Fallen extortion and cooperates under the erroneous assumption they will let the person dearest to him out alive and unharmed, and he assaults a Linear Mage, steals hair samples from another Mage, passes information to the Fallen and helps summon an Avatar Eater into his own Chantry to drive a former victim of the same creature to commit suicide from sheer panic and despair... on a scale from one to ten, where one is 'purchasing a ticket to the Titanic's maiden voyage' and ten is 'camping out in Pompeii to watch the volcanic eruption', how much of a chance to get out alive does he have?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next