Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 16 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:02 pm

At first all you feel are your Dynamism being eaten by the ward, it is as if it had never been, your efforts unmade, this ward, this nothingness was what the Nephandi wanted word the world, only more, where it was just a purposeless nothing, yes at first nothing happens but then you feel some of your efforts sort of...sticking to the ward, making it in a way more real, less manifested destruction here and there. Cara was still weakening the wall of nothingness, infusing creation into it, holding back the flow of it with much greater skill and power than you could manifest on your own, but her battling the foul spell gave you and opening and suddenly as you work you can see the rote's weak points, you can see the heart of nothing, if such a thing could be said to be, the little seed of ill will that had destroyed the chance that there would be anything but a ward there, destroyed any other possibility, a mockery of the dynamic willworking you yourself worked, and now it lay before you, the dark, still heart of the spell, the anchor point of the ward to this reality, Cara had laid it bare and your own magick revealed it so there was a chance you would be able to take it out, though it would not be easy, whoever had woven this ward had power and finesse and in a way, in it's horridness the ward was elegant, but now you had it like a hunter with a deer in the crosshair of his rifle and all that remained was to deliver the finishing blow, if you could muster enough raw power to do so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 16 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Colin frowned, briefly contemplating the possibility of gripping the core of the spell and holding it for later - perhaps something to be attempted at a higher level of understanding; he couldn't quite see how he could hold it for now... What he could try to do, however, was to puncture it; to wring it inside out and reestablish the presence of potential that was supposed to be...
the angular grinder of his will turned into a great spear, stabbing straight at the heart of darkness...

((OOC: Right, last Arete roll... Gott im Himmel, I had to have my fiancée look at it to confirm: 0,0,0. Um... did I make it? Shocked Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:23 pm

You form your Awakened will into a great spear an thrust it at the core of Matty's ward, infusing the foul spell with the possibility which had been destroyed by it's creation, there was a moment when the ward wobbled, and then it collapsed not unlike a house of card, reality itself flushing back into the empty space it had created like air filling a vacuum with possibility and being. Cara gasped as the rote she had been holding back to let you get at the heart of the ward suddenly vanished then she nodded to you.
"Good word Mr Wainwright."
She said, a bit out of breath and pale from effort.
"Deaconess, gentlemen, the ward is down."
She declared, and it was, there was no longer any barrier other than physical stone and concrete separating your group from the Prince's prison basement.

(OOC: That is quite a roll, Entropy was in play I see and yes he makes it the ward is down.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:42 pm

"Dammit that is not good, not unexpected but not good." Daisy swore softly. "The spirit you are feeling do you think it is friendly Mr Roth Hicks? Or something the Nephandi have sent after us?"
Colin frowned, "Better not be the same sort of little bastard that we encountered in the marshes... See if you can dispose of it, Adley."

The 'unsweet nothings' being whispered towards him increased with the proximity of the spirit. His concern was how close it needed to be before he could blast it with the banishing they'd made earlier. While the decidedly dark and threatening 'feeling-words' crept towards his spiritual senses and left him feeling dizzy, he concentrated on his shields to keep his focus. "Not friendly, destructive, aggressive, sadistic. I think the group will be coming from the north," he added quickly. "Will do," he added at Colin's request.

// wow dude!! Colin comes through like a boss. Orphans, don't back baby into a corner. xD
FYI Adley is trying to see how 'far' that awful spirit is, so he knows if he can use that banishing yet to get rid of it. I'll reply to the second post re: the ward after that (it just came through).

In other news, my team won, whee! Now to do it again, twice.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:51 pm

"North I see...I will be ready Mr Roth Hicks."
Daisy said and adjusting her stance and lifted her right arm, it was chilling in a way, you could see the gatling gun that had come out of her lower arm as the fabric of her lace veils draped over it, how many mages had not died from a Hit-Mark doing just that and unleasing a torrent of pain and destruction. You see Cara shiver slightly at the sight as she was catching her breath after her work on the ward.

You think the spirit is fairly close and it should be affected by a banishing, for now all you hear are whispers od death and destruction, of horrible things that it wish to do with your flesh and soul, and the slightly overwhelming atmosphere of it's presence but it was hard to get a proper reading on it, as if it was still in some other plane of existence, a deeper region of the Umbra perhaps and only it's ill will penetrated the Gauntlet to try to torment you...for now.

(OOC: Good job Colin, yes never underestimate Orphans. Wee good for your team. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:37 pm

Colin blinked for a long, slow moment, "Well, that certainly worked... Seems Matty's work was more fragile than it looked. Okay, let's get this done quickly; can you get the brothers in to deliver the payload and message Master Harris about which stone was used?"
He smoothly drew the gun from his pocket and checked the slide for obstructions, and fished out a pack of the tainted tass with his other hand, "The three vampires should be the easier thing to deal with - let's see who tries to stick their head down the hole first..."
He looked up at the manhole, preparing to hurl the dram of tainted tass at the second vampire to come climbing down...

((OOC: Waiting for that other shoe to drop... Wink Hope your team is as much on a roll as Colin. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:47 pm

"If they are coming from the north they will not be coming from the manhole, they will be coming from the sewers."
Cara said as her hand gestures picked up again and she begun to prepare a more offensive rote.
"While I am more concerned about this Matty than the Massassa it is good not remember that those being can move at frightening speed and their blood is poison."
She warned.
"There are movement in the sewers, footsteps, four or five individuals."
Cara said though the rest of you could not hear what she was referring to yet.
"I will assume Mr Terach will inform us if any of them are heading for the manhole, he did stay topside as a lookout after all."
She continued before adding.
"Mrs Knox says she saw them heading into a sewer entrance just up the street, she is talking to my nanites, she also says that she feels something off about the woman that might be the Nephandus and that there is a presence in the area of a hostile spirit but that she can not really get a grip on it."
The cyborg informed you.
"I advice you all make preparations, trouble is coming fast."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:59 pm

I'm here to protect anyone that needs and deserves it. Good people, no matter their race, will see that. he said simply.

i'll be. Be swift. He said before getting out. He headed then towards steelhaven and entered, looking for the security chief's quarters
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:12 pm

I'm here to protect anyone that needs and deserves it. Good people, no matter their race, will see that. he said simply.

Alessa just looked at you as you spoke then she sigh and nodded.
"I just want to end my traitorous sister...but you are a good man Tane, you are, better than most, even if you are dumb as a brick at times as well."
The Ananasi muttered.

i'll be. Be swift. He said before getting out.

Again Alessa simply nodded.

He headed then towards steelhaven and entered, looking for the security chief's quarters

Jeffry's quarters you had never been in and did not know where are, his office though was easier to find, you knock on the door and are let in, you see that Chief Morgan are talking to a small group of mages, probably the ones he planned on sending to rescue the ones taken by the Nephandi. The group consisted of the tall black man you had seen earlier looking for the escaped Nephandi woman, The dark haired Hermetic you had been told was named Antonio Riez, a young man in his late teens and a fair haired man who stood there with a big, black dog looking a bit uncomfortable.
"Ah Mr Karyak do come in."
Jeffry said.
"We where discussing a plan of approach for freeing the prisoners the bloody Fallen have nabbed from among our midst."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:21 pm

Hahahah! Fuck you, i'm a genius! HE said in a good mood. I'm not naive, Alessa. Someone that belives that he can get something good out of distrust and fear is naive to think that can meet something good. To receive, you must give, and thats just how the world works: in Balance.

Tane entered and greeted everyone generally with a nod Is this all the team? If they grabbed some mages they must be many or really powerful... wouldn't you prefer that i call upon some shifters? He looked especifically at the boy I don't want to underestimate no one, but... the lad's a bit young to be put in such danger. This all looked odd and dangerous.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:04 am

Colin spun and squinted down the passage, "Oh, from the north, right... Well, then, I might as well try to set up a little barrier..."
He flicked the packet of tass a short distance down into the darkness, visualizing a portcullis of primal fire barring the way for the incoming vampires and Fallen, to spring it once they appeared in the field of view, "Murum gladii ex malomagia..."

((OOC: Basically, using the tass to fuel a huge prime blade - the damage is unimportant, so long as he can get the visible crisscrossing structure up between the party and the vampires and hold it there for a while. First Arete roll - 3,9,0. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:10 am

Tane:

Hahahah! Fuck you, i'm a genius! HE said in a good mood. I'm not naive, Alessa. Someone that belives that he can get something good out of distrust and fear is naive to think that can meet something good. To receive, you must give, and thats just how the world works: in Balance.

"Yes balance...through often balance is more cruel than that, but yes, to create we have to give, very seldom something comes from nothing."
Alessa said with a grin then she regarded you for a moment.
"Hum...well perhaps you can create something good mage, perhaps you can make the world a little bit better."

Tane entered and greeted everyone generally with a nod Is this all the team? If they grabbed some mages they must be many or really powerful... wouldn't you prefer that i call upon some shifters?

"Yes Mr Karyak this is all I could spare at the moment, so clearly you will not go in guns blazing, this mission will require some finesse."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"They are powerful, do not underestimate this Labyrinth, however we do believe that the prisoners are held at a secondary location and as such it might be possible for a small team to get a drop on them and free the prisoners, though be advised that we do not know how many guards are in this location or their nature so I am sending you all into danger, I will not therefore order any of you to go."
Jeffry said then he waited to see if any wanted to leave, none of the gathered group did though, then he continued.
"I am hesitant to involve other Awakened Mr Karyak, this war is on our heads, not theirs and other beings are a wild card that often can create more problems than good but I am open to suggestions and aid at this point, what did you have in mind? Though we are also sending people from Steelhaven, mages to deal with mages."

He looked especifically at the boy I don't want to underestimate no one, but... the lad's a bit young to be put in such danger. This all looked odd and dangerous.

"He is, but Andrew is my apprentice meaning he will come quite in handy for any rotes I need to cast as our Paradigms are all but identical. I would not want to put the boy in danger Mr Karyak but if we want there to be a world once tomorrow have come and gone, we all need to pitch in, our resources are stretched thin with one theme dealing with the Labyrinth's allies in Chicago, prisoners to guard and this Chantry to protect, we can not afford to let anyone who is powerful enough to fight sit on the wayside."
Antonio said softly he gave the boy a concerned look though. Andrew gave his Mentor a nervous smile then he looked down a bit embarrassed to be the center of attention.

Colin:

You begin to work your rote, setting it up to burn of the packet of corrupted Tass and the working do seam to go fairly smoothly as such, you can feel reality bending to your will and your magick starts to take hold.
"Just please make sure to stay behind me Mr Wainwright I am not sure what you are planning but when our enemies get through whatever you are setting up I will do as much damage as I can before they reach up."
Daisy said grimly as she stood waiting with her turret gun ready.

(OOC: Very well, I am thinking one or two more successes should do it. I will let Strife react before I let any shit hit the fan though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:51 am

THat "maybe" is the strife. He said with a grin

TO destroy demonic agents is the sole purpose of the changing breeds. I could ask my brother if he's ready, or maybe some other of their people. They are using spirits and zapping their way into the Umbra. They're as pissed off as we do. He suggested. in the end, it may not work that smoothly, but he knew they might help.

I understand. That's shitty, but ok. What were you discussing?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:59 am

When he felt like there was enough 'presence' for the banishing to be used on the spirit, he brought the correct bead up close to his lips and delivered the remaining Word, trying to put himself in a similar body position as he released the time-locked vibration they'd gathered earlier.

"Good word Mr Wainwright." She said, a bit out of breath and pale from effort. "Deaconess, gentlemen, the ward is down."

That was good news. He instructed the elementals, "The One with the stone can join us now and go through the wall to place the stone on the man in the basement - he is lying down with wood in his physical form. Please be careful there may be others in the room, or traps. The other One come to help aid us and your sibling please.' He gave them his best approximation of how far away through the wall Carmon was from where he was standing using Colin's earlier estimate.

Colin blinked for a long, slow moment, "Well, that certainly worked... Seems Matty's work was more fragile than it looked. Okay, let's get this done quickly; can you get the brothers in to deliver the payload and message Master Harris about which stone was used?"

"On it," he said, as he quickly texted Harris and Knox in a joint message with the stone used and letting them know to be ready to move him on his mark with a request to confirm. He then queued up another message as the other one was being sent so he could press the message button when the spirit had done its work, instructing them to take the him to the car - and if an emergency transpires to 'forward' him back home. He stuck the phone on vibrate and put it away when that was done.

"Mrs Knox says she saw them heading into a sewer entrance just up the street, she is talking to my nanites, she also says that she feels something off about the woman that might be the Nephandus and that there is a presence in the area of a hostile spirit but that she can not really get a grip on it."

In preparation of the enemy advance he tried to keep Cara and Colin's safety in mind and readied himself to counter what the Nephandus had up her sleeve. "If she is willing to die she might be willing to take us with her as a bomb or is invested," he said, recalling what they'd done with June.

Colin spun and squinted down the passage, "Oh, from the north, right... Well, then, I might as well try to set up a little barrier..."
"Just please make sure to stay behind me Mr Wainwright I am not sure what you are planning but when our enemies get through whatever you are setting up I will do as much damage as I can before they reach up." Daisy said grimly as she stood waiting with her turret gun ready.

"That is the direction I think from what the others said. I'm going to pull up the blanket," he warned, giving them a second to reply if they were going to and then released the silence rote, the last Word leaving his lips, breathing across the other bead. With any luck, some of the vampires might freak out thinking they were about to be killed by vampire assassins and think twice about their current unlife choices.

// my team blew a 3 run lead in the last inning ;_; We're out. But no terminal paradox effects so there's that ; ) I like baseball but not enough to spend eternity begging dox spirits to let me go and that I will be a good magus forevermore xD

I think I caught up from the posts before the shit hits it (thanks for waiting), though there's a few loose ends depending on responses in there I reckon.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:02 am

Colin nodded and crouched down, lowering his target profile drastically as he continued his work. He kept up his incantation softly, giving Adley a quick thumbs up before falling silent, only repeating the incantation in the back of his head. Flame of Anor, indeed... "Wait, there were six, now there's four or five?"
He squinted through his monocles, trying to spot any magically infused individuals moving up on the other side of Daisy.

((OOC: Second roll for setting up the barrier: 3,3,7. Going to make one more roll, most likely, as the incoming assailants come into sight.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:42 am

Tane:

THat "maybe" is the strife. He said with a grin

"Hum...yes it is unfortunately."
Alessa said and nodded.

TO destroy demonic agents is the sole purpose of the changing breeds. I could ask my brother if he's ready, or maybe some other of their people. They are using spirits and zapping their way into the Umbra. They're as pissed off as we do. He suggested. in the end, it may not work that smoothly, but he knew they might help.

"Well in this case destroying the Nephandi are not the goal Mr Karyak, rescuing the prisoners are. Now nothing please me more than a dead Nephandus, other than perhaps a captured Nephandus on their way to Horizon for trial, however right now I think we need stealth, the last thing we need is for the Labyrinth to notice the secondary site is under attack and to send aid."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Well if you think your friends can put rescuing prisoners before death and mayhem by all means I will not refuse aid at this point, but if not, well then there is better to not involve them."

I understand. That's shitty, but ok. What were you discussing?

"It is indeed shitty."
Antonio agreed.
"We where discussing what we know. We managed to get a location on one of the prisoners by examining arcane connections left on Miss Alexander, so we know where they are but that is about it. So far we know of three prisoners being held, one is an Master Etherite, he was captured to apply pressure on his apprentice who work in the Umbral Dock's security team, we know he is wounded as a piece of his very soul was cut of and sent to his student, we have also heard from the team in Chicago who have rescued a young girl the Nephandi was holding that she was held together with a old, wounded man and an insane young women. This lead me to the second prisoner, a Marauder, we know little of her other than that her name is Maya and she is fairly young. Her safety is a secondary concern, the only reason I would want her freed and brought here is that we hold her friend and we might get that friend to cooperate with us if she can see Maya free and safe for the effort, also I would not like to leave anyone in Nephandi captivity if I can help it, rescuing the two Traditionalists are more important than this Marauder though. The third captive is a Hermetic, a member of House Guernicus, he is the most important target as he is skilled with the Sphere of Time and our intelligence indicate that he is going to become a sacrifice during the ritual the Fallen are planning tomorrow, a ritual we desperately need to stop."
Jeffry said then he shook his head.
"Unfortunately this is also all that we know so I will be sending you in nearly blind, and I do not like it."

Adley and Colin:

When he felt like there was enough 'presence' for the banishing to be used on the spirit, he brought the correct bead up close to his lips and delivered the remaining Word, trying to put himself in a similar body position as he released the time-locked vibration they'd gathered earlier.

There was a odd feeling of vertigo as the spell released, the spell that was cast now and yet had been cast in the past, it felt...odd and yet as the banishment swept through the area the oppressive presence did vanish after a series of rather foul protests that proved that yes you could curse in Enochian, the spirit was gone but the question off course remained how long until it came back. The odd thing was that from the direction that Daisy claimed to hear footsteps from, there was a woman's scream just as the spirit was banished.

Cara looked up.
"What was that?"
She muttered.
"A scream from my analysis female, the outburst being in shock or pain Miss Willis."
Daisy informed the young Hermetic.
"What did you do Sodalis?"
Cara asked you sounding a bit surprised.
"Did you hit one of those that are coming for us?"

That was good news. He instructed the elementals, "The One with the stone can join us now and go through the wall to place the stone on the man in the basement - he is lying down with wood in his physical form. Please be careful there may be others in the room, or traps. The other One come to help aid us and your sibling please.' He gave them his best approximation of how far away through the wall Carmon was from where he was standing using Colin's earlier estimate.

"A static man on the floor, with wood in his body, we like trees, they grow out of the earth, but wood are not usually inside human bodies, that can be harmful unless it is very little as human are very soft, we have touched one when manifested, it is most peculiar."
Allassor said.
"I will place the stone, my brother will come to your aid carrier of the beacon inside, he will perverse you."
Innanon said and you felt their emotions that turned to words like a touching a slate of perfect marble in a cool autumn afternoon, and then you could feel Allassor near, he was not manifested but he was in the room ready to fight if need be.

"On it," he said, as he quickly texted Harris and Knox in a joint message with the stone used and letting them know to be ready to move him on his mark with a request to confirm.

You quickly got messages of confirmation from both Kristina and Master Harris. Kristina just sent.
"I will be ready."
The Virtual Adept Master sent.
"I will transport the vampire to the van on your mark, but will you and the rest be ok or do you need a pick up as well?"

He then queued up another message as the other one was being sent so he could press the message button when the spirit had done its work, instructing them to take the him to the car - and if an emergency transpires to 'forward' him back home. He stuck the phone on vibrate and put it away when that was done.

Soon you got contacted by Innanon.
"I am inside the stone rooms and I see the man with wood in him on the ground, he is very still and do not move. There is another creature that is very static here, but he is moving around, he do not see me, I have put the stone in the strange woven fibers of plants that physical beings wrap around them since they are so soft that they might fall apart otherwise on the man on the floor."
He spirit said, clearly finding clothes to be a very strange thing.

In preparation of the enemy advance he tried to keep Cara and Colin's safety in mind and readied himself to counter what the Nephandus had up her sleeve. "If she is willing to die she might be willing to take us with her as a bomb or is invested," he said, recalling what they'd done with June.

"It would not surprise me, then again if I was up against the Nephandi and it was capture or death I would have wanted to take as many of them with me as I could when I went."
Cara said.
"So I guess we can not blame her. But we need to be ready to stop something like that if we can."
She said nervously.

"That is the direction I think from what the others said. I'm going to pull up the blanket," he warned, giving them a second to reply if they were going to and then released the silence rote, the last Word leaving his lips, breathing across the other bead. With any luck, some of the vampires might freak out thinking they were about to be killed by vampire assassins and think twice about their current unlife choices.

Cara and Daisy nodded, you released the stored rote and again there was a feeling of vertigo as what had been cast before was cast now as if time had no meaning, then the narrow corridor got quiet, very quiet and there was no sound...before you heard the mad whispers of the spirit you had banished again, normally a Umbrood could not come back like that, not that quickly there where rules, and once something was banished, it was banished, this little fucker did not seam to like those rules though and it was back, with a vengeance.
"Your flesh will taste like sweet vine,"
It said then you felt your Avatar getting annoyed and uneasy and you realized the spirit was staring straight at it, not the soft of sensing there where some spiritual part of you that the Brothers seamed to be able to do, but straight at it hungrily.
"A flame...a flame to consume...how delicious..."
You heard, the spirit's voice sounding in your head even if the room was quiet.
"This is most strange...in this now there are another one that we can not touch here, but we have never seen one not inside a human we are such that they can see us."
Allassor suddenly said and he felt, surprised and confused.
"Most confusing...this one is not beautiful, it is destruction, it will preserve nothing, it's presence is not appreciated."
The spirit complained sounding distressed or as distressed as the rather static Brothers got.

Colin nodded and crouched down, lowering his target profile drastically as he continued his work. He kept up his incantation softly, giving Adley a quick thumbs up before falling silent, only repeating the incantation in the back of his head. Flame of Anor, indeed... "Wait, there were six, now there's four or five?"
He squinted through his monocles, trying to spot any magically infused individuals moving up on the other side of Daisy.

You continue your work, and the magick completes, it is ready to be unleashed now at your will, but strengthening it might make it more powerful. As you lift your monocle though indeed you see a tall man with pale skin and short black hair, blue eyes and dressed in black try to move past Daisy, he was impossible to see through with the naked eye though your magick revealed him, several symbols in blood was painted on his skin, and his resonance felt both static and foul, the man did stop for a moment and got an oh shit look on his face when everything went quiet though and he looked like he did not want to be there, but he continued anyway and drew a knife and carefully not to make to much splashing sounds moved towards Cara.

(OOC: The spell will work with three successes but one more roll will strengthen it. Also good catch, Daisy would have seen through Obfuscate but the Tremere have their means to stay invisible as well, not that Colin knows that.)

(OOC: I do not think a Paradox Spirit would ever believe a mage will stay good, but yes it is a shame your team lost, no more blowing up from Dox. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:12 am

Colin gave one last push of will and released the blazing portcullis with a grimace, "Daisy, invisible guy next to you, eight o'clock sharp and advancing on miss Willis! Looks like a vampire."
He raised his pistol and took aim at the invisible vampire's head.

((OOC: Strictly speaking, Colin is *wearing* his monocles in his right eye socket - but it's entirely plausible the invisible vampire was outside his field of view due to looking the other way before now. Last Arete roll comes to 3,4,8 and the grid of tainted fire is up for a while. No time to shoot right no, though, right?)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:34 am

Colin gave one last push of will and released the blazing portcullis with a grimace,

You release your spell and a disgusting black flame born from the corrupted Tass spring to life. The rather sneaky vampire you have detected have a rather surprised, scarred yelp as the flame flared up, but he did not loose control of himself, at least he was heard though. but at about this time Adley's effect took hold and the corridor fell silent. The north corridor would be blocked by your raging Primal fire for a while. The Consensus was less pleased with your efforts than you yourself was though, and you can feel the sickening, constricting sensation of Paradox bearing down on you.

"Daisy, invisible guy next to you, eight o'clock sharp and advancing on miss Willis! Looks like a vampire."

You call out to Daisy but at this time Adley's sound banishing effect was already up so she heard nothing.

He raised his pistol and took aim at the invisible vampire's head.

The vampire was pretty busy looking terrified at the primal fire behind him so yes you get a pretty good aim at his head. Cara looks surprised when you suddenly aim at something she can not see then she do a few hand gestures and mouths "oh my" though you can not hear her.

(OOC: Ah I though he was carrying the monocle, yes let us say he have looked at other thing to not have to redo anything, sorry about that. Yes Colin's rote is up and here is a point of Paradox for you courtesy of the Consensus, enjoy. Razz. No he can shoot the next post though as the vampire is a bit distracted by the fire though he do not loose control over himself.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:43 am

Colin frowned as the words failed to leave his mouth, and if not for the silence field, his next few utterances would have blistered the concrete. He grimaced and gripped the handgun in both hands, and squeezed off a carefully aimed shot at where the vampire's head would be.

((OOC: Ah, the timing of silence... And Paradox, yay... Neutral As for the shot - 1,1,2,4, and there goes my last reroll, 2,4,9,0. Can we cinematically say that was a ricochet off the wall? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:54 am

The you squeeze of your shot and you are not completely sure what went wrong but you are way of target, the bullet blasting past the vampire's head and hitting the wall, it felt unreal, you saw the shot fire but heard nothing, then the undead creature crumpled to the ground and he looses control over whatever he was doing to stay hidden from sight so suddenly there where a writhing vampire on the floor, it was hard to see how much damage had been done yet as the side of his head that had been hit was down but you see some dark blood trickling out of him, though allot less than you would expect if he had been human. You realize that the bullet had hit the wall and ricochet back towards the vampire hitting the right side of his head and sending him to the ground.

(OOC: Off course Entropy are involved after all...please feel free to roll damage.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Colin shrugged and stepped over to place a second bullet in the vampire's brain - just to make sure he was going to stay out of it for the rest of the fight. No ill will or anything, as he'd been told a bullet to the brain worked to knock a vampire out for an extended period of time.

((OOC: First shot's damage comes to 1,6,9,0, plus an 8 if hit by one success, and a 7 if hit by two successes. Do I really have to roll for the second shot with the pistol at the poor guy's temple? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:55 pm

The vampire was rolled up into a ball on the floor twitching, the first bullet had hurt him, badly, but he was not out yet, you as a rather large hole in the side of his head where the bullet had him him, and a bit of dried up brain had fallen out. Vampires looked human unless you look at them with magick or focus on details as them not breathing and their flesh being room temperature but now that you could see a bit of his insides it was made more clear that these beings where not human, his brain looked like a nature sponge that had been forgotten behind the bathtub for a few months so it was now just a dried up and moldy lump which had then been soaked in blood which had clotted and clung to the long dead tissue. The vampire looked up at you it was clear he was scared now and in pain and if there had been sound in the room he would have been mewling. You put your gun to the side of his head and pull the trigger, blowing chucks of what had once been a brain out of the creature's damaged skull, the little bits of flesh turning to dust on the ground, even so it was clear the dead organ did something for now the vampire was still, his eyes was closed and he only sort of jerked now and again, he was not dead, a human would have been dead from the first shot, this creature would get up after a while and would heal but for now he was knocked out and would not be a problem for a while.

(OOC: No you do not need to roll for the second shot. I once had a GM demand that we roll to find pebbles on a rocky road and find a large staff dropped into a bit of shrubbery...I tend to avoid that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Colin grimaced at the disabled vampire, then quickly frisked him, checking his pockets for anything of tactical or strategic value, including ID or magical items, as well as a handkerchief or similar to place over the guy's face.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:33 pm

You find a phone, a Galexy S5, a handgun, another knife in addition to the one he lost when he was shot, a pen, a notebook which did contain notes on magic in addition to a shopping list, an address and some doodling, a small vial of what could be blood, and it felt like some form of Tass, a wallet with about 200 dollars and change in it and a drivers license that said Joshua Till though it was no telling if that was his real name or not. You do not find a handkerchief though.

You see that Cara look rather pale as if she was about to get sick at the sight of the wounds in the now still vampire's head, and it was not a pleasant sight either, but it had done the job.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Colin swiftly noted down the address from the driver's license and put the pen and the wallet back in the vampire's pocket before collecting the rest and leaving the vampire a small note saying "Will try to return most of your items after examination - sincerely, Scrappy Orphan."
Then he gently removed the vampire's jacket and placed it over the guy's rather mangled head.

((OOC: Notebook to be examined, gun and knife to be kept away from him for now, the phone to be checked, and the vial to be studied under safer circumstances, if possible.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next