Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:55 am

"Tomorrow works for me, or when you have gotten some rest Mr Wainwright, I would like to try the method on the boy as soon as possible though if it is viable, though he is not continuing to deteriorate at the speed I had first feared so we might have a little time."
Colin smiled, "I'm afraid you will have to go over the details with me at that time, since the specifics are somewhat beyond my comprehension. While I did come up with the rote, I can only guess at a fraction of what it may be used for; sort of like extrapolating the complete range of consumer electronics from the design of an AA battery. To be honest, Master Harris' specific suggestion has rather slipped my mind; it's been a chaotic few days for me since I arrived here a few hours ago."

"Well Beatrice is place in the Node now and the presence of Quintessence and Tass here is having a soothing effect on her, but it is not enough, I had not thought about drying corrupted Quintessence though, that might work even better but I have to ask Master Steelhaven's advice about the legality of it so I do not get her into further problems."
He nodded, "I suspected that notion might have slipped you by. It only just occurred to me, as well - a little more Static tass feels better than Dynamic, or even balanced. Considering Beatrice is a widderslainte, it would seem plausible she could feel more comfortable with Entropic tass... and if I recall, the manor Node was freshly corrupted, but it's not very heavily resonated. But yes, checking with Master Steelhaven first is likely wise, though I think you would be safe so long as you don't start trading it or absorbing it."

"Magical hand grenades? Well now that sounds...ehm...dangerous.
He chuckled softly, "Well, they're essentially safe for me, since I don't detonate them except in the face of the enemy - more or less literally. Simply put, I can fuel tass directly into a spell - the simplest of which being converting it directly into the most disgusting bolt of primal fire you've ever seen. As a benefit, and as verified by others, that process seems to balance out the tass' resonance; no Jhor lingering for anyone."

"Well I am glad you made it with no serious injuries Mr Wainwright, one badly wounded and one sick Avatar to tend to is enough. I am looking forward to find out some more about this though but I will probably need to do some scans as I have never before heard about what you are describing."
He sighed, "Yes, it seems this week is the first time for a lot of things. Hopefully, a lot of things that won't be repeated for a long time..."

"I would not like to use you as a bomb to blow up a Caul Mr Wainwright but that is a curious statement, you have captured quite a few Fallen I hear, you and your group, and they are all nervous around you and your soul?"
He grimaced, "It is a curious statement... but we've only captured two Fallen here yet. The third I'd conversed with was the one who got away with the detachable Avatar. Well, and then there's the charmer in the laundry room, of course. I'd like a word with him when I get back, too, see what he thinks about me now... In any case, I must speak with the first of our Chicago captives after we hang up, to see if she notices anything."

"That is just horrible, who would do such a thing? I mean MacGyver want a weapon all the time he generally use duct tape and pencil sharpeners not souls, not that the matter are really fitting for levity...yes a Avatar that is changed, it is hard to keep the pure essence, I have had issues with that during my work on the Heart..."
He grinned wryly, "Mostly concussive blasts, disguises and escape routes rather than weapons, actually - that was kind of the point of the series; he hated violence. I really liked that part of it, even if the actual science was usually a step or two short of the formula..."

"Yes exactly or just the good old fashioned grabbing that thing and pining it down."
He grimaced, "Well, that sounds about as pleasant as wrestling with a drunken badger who's just crawled out of a sewage pipe... I hope we can find someone willing and able to do that."
He pondered, "By the way, if I do come back for a quick round trip, would it be trouble to have you retrieve four people instead of just one? If Adley wants to come home as well, and we ought to bring Liv Bergen and miss Adelbloom back to Boston, as well - the latter is... slightly concussed at the moment."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:12 am

Adley:

"Certainly, thank you," he said with a tired and reserved smile. "There might be some paper twists to start it up. We can take care of anything we've got in our pockets from the mission," he said.

"I agree, I do not think I have allot though."
Cara said as she helped you stack some firewood and then she looked around and found some twists of old newspapers.
"Will this do Mr Roth Hicks."

"There is another reason I am concerned about a backlash in the field even beyond those we'd normally consider, which are bad enough." He frowned a little.

"I am not going to pry Sodalis is it is a private reason, it is up to you to make the decision on whatever or not it is a good enough reason to risk the method I mentioned."

"That's a good question...and a good suggestion. I have not even had time to take proper stock or meditate yet but I could employ that method to adjust it once I determine the imbalance. My general guess is though that I am lacking mostly in static, comparatively and have an excess of dynamic resonances with entropy somewhere in the middle."

"I think that then banishing fire might be a good idea, but it get a bit tricky with Entropy. Some would assign Entropy to water since it is from the primordial waters that life began, but Uriel is the Archangel most often associated with death and he rules earth...but fire is very much associated with the Dynamic so using the banishing fire pentagram during the ritual might help."
The young Criamon suggested.
"I get imbalanced towards the Entropic often myself since I am Primordial and it is a harder Resonance to balance that the other two which can be evened out against each other. I generally banish with water but then again that is only half of it."

He looked thoughtfully at her. "Well, I suppose then trying that out first would be the best thing to do rather than to take a drastic measure unless I feel the need."

"It is what I would recommend Sodalis. Let us finish starting the fire and then I can see what I can do to help you get a better balance right now and you can see if varying the banishing pentagrams can help you maintain it."

Colin:

Colin smiled, "I'm afraid you will have to go over the details with me at that time, since the specifics are somewhat beyond my comprehension. While I did come up with the rote, I can only guess at a fraction of what it may be used for; sort of like extrapolating the complete range of consumer electronics from the design of an AA battery. To be honest, Master Harris' specific suggestion has rather slipped my mind; it's been a chaotic few days for me since I arrived here a few hours ago."

"It is fairly simple and two fold Mr Wainwright. I want to go in and drain the poison from the vampire out of his body, and then out of the Avatar itself without having to go in and do it in an invasive way which that sick soul might not be able to survive at the moment, but rather just burn it of harmlessly."
Cita said.
"That is the very basic explanation of what I want it to do."

He nodded, "I suspected that notion might have slipped you by. It only just occurred to me, as well - a little more Static tass feels better than Dynamic, or even balanced. Considering Beatrice is a widderslainte, it would seem plausible she could feel more comfortable with Entropic tass... and if I recall, the manor Node was freshly corrupted, but it's not very heavily resonated.

"Entropic Tass is one thing, Beatrice's Avatar is Primordial so it is likely to feel the most comfortable around that, but Tass being Entropic do not mean it is corrupted in any way, it is just Entropic, corruption is Entropy gone made to where it is just destruction, and not the completion and drifting towards chaos that comes before new birth."
The Spirit Master explained.
"But yes Beatrice's Avatar is Fallen so corrupted Quintessence might be the most natural for it."

But yes, checking with Master Steelhaven first is likely wise, though I think you would be safe so long as you don't start trading it or absorbing it."

"I would be safe other than the Jhor issue. I can play with the stuff all day if I want to, not that I want to, as long as I do not trade it but Bee is in a bit of in between legal status right now and I do not know if her old sentencing still apply to any degree or what her legal situation is now before the new sentencing so I do not want to expose her to anything that could get her into trouble."

He chuckled softly, "Well, they're essentially safe for me, since I don't detonate them except in the face of the enemy - more or less literally. Simply put, I can fuel tass directly into a spell - the simplest of which being converting it directly into the most disgusting bolt of primal fire you've ever seen. As a benefit, and as verified by others, that process seems to balance out the tass' resonance; no Jhor lingering for anyone."

"Hum...That is certainly practical Mr Wainwright, but I would still be very careful when handling corrupted Quintessence if I where you."

He sighed, "Yes, it seems this week is the first time for a lot of things. Hopefully, a lot of things that won't be repeated for a long time..."

"Agreed..."
Cita muttered with a bit of sadness in her voice.

He grimaced, "It is a curious statement... but we've only captured two Fallen here yet. The third I'd conversed with was the one who got away with the detachable Avatar.

"Bomb, poison pill both will do, that is what it sound like that Nephandus said about your soul. Hum...I see, well getting two of them is rare enough, Horizon will be a busy place soon."
She said and you could almost hear her frown.

Well, and then there's the charmer in the laundry room, of course. I'd like a word with him when I get back, too, see what he thinks about me now... In any case, I must speak with the first of our Chicago captives after we hang up, to see if she notices anything."

"We have another one to add to the collection here, Mr Karyak brought one in, so now we really have more prisoners than we know what to do with. Yes speaking with that prisoner is wise...and when you get here assuming Jeffry allow it you might want to pay his new apprentice a visit as well, just to see how widderslainte react to you now, I do not want to scare the boy but it is important for the research and it is important to do so before you visit Beatrice again we do not want to upset her Avatar right now."

He grinned wryly, "Mostly concussive blasts, disguises and escape routes rather than weapons, actually - that was kind of the point of the series; he hated violence. I really liked that part of it, even if the actual science was usually a step or two short of the formula..."

"He would have been a good Son of Ether but yes you are right it was not that many weapons. It was a good show though."
Cita said sounding amused.

He grimaced, "Well, that sounds about as pleasant as wrestling with a drunken badger who's just crawled out of a sewage pipe... I hope we can find someone willing and able to do that."

"Ah yes it is a joy, imagine doing that to a huge, cranky Pattern Avatar while trying to get little bits of something from the Umbra out that are sticking out of it if it had been sitting on a porcupine...and at the same time dealing with a hysterical host and his entire Cabal and half of his extended magical family, sometimes I hate my job."

He pondered, "By the way, if I do come back for a quick round trip, would it be trouble to have you retrieve four people instead of just one? If Adley wants to come home as well, and we ought to bring Liv Bergen and miss Adelbloom back to Boston, as well - the latter is... slightly concussed at the moment."

"It should not be a problem Mr Wainwright I would simply then set up a portal rather than just switching your location in space...and yes I heard about Miss Adlebloom, how is she doing? I also agree getting Liv Bergen out of Chicago is probably wise."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:17 am

"We have been lied to by those with what we can not touch inside many times as many of them wish to use us."
One of the Umbroods said.
"Yes there is two more who have something that we can not touch inside, and like the one that do not continue in the now their inner flame is dark, one is what you would call female, she might be sick, humans get sick we hear and water leak down her face, but even if she is leaking there is no mold inside like it might be if she was a wall, we checked."
The other one said before continuing.
"The other is a man like the one on the floor, if we have understood human genders right, he do not leak but he is dangerous, and older than these two."
The second Umbrood said then the first chimed in again.
"Good, we do not like being bothered, we want to decay these walls in peace."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:50 am

Colin grinned, "What's a battle-brother for?"

He gave Colin a big smile back. It was good to be reminded of something like that after what had happened to them. "I suppose that makes me the younger brother by default." Then after a beat, he said, "Though I can see you fitting the crazy uncle role in additionally, out of the battlefield," he teased.

"I agree, I do not think I have allot though." Cara said as she helped you stack some firewood and then she looked around and found some twists of old newspapers. "Will this do Mr Roth Hicks."

"That looks like just the thing." He took one. "I think that's enough. I don't want to leave it unattended, so I don't want to make it too big. Just to get it hot enough to take care of a few things and then extinguish it."

"I am not going to pry Sodalis is it is a private reason, it is up to you to make the decision on whatever or not it is a good enough reason to risk the method I mentioned."

"Well, if we did help me to do that, it would only be right to explain to you since you would be working magick on me."

"I think that then banishing fire might be a good idea, but it get a bit tricky with Entropy. Some would assign Entropy to water since it is from the primordial waters that life began, but Uriel is the Archangel most often associated with death and he rules earth...but fire is very much associated with the Dynamic so using the banishing fire pentagram during the ritual might help." The young Criamon suggested. "I get imbalanced towards the Entropic often myself since I am Primordial and it is a harder Resonance to balance that the other two which can be evened out against each other. I generally banish with water but then again that is only half of it."

He listened to her explanation thoughtfully. "Well, some of what we have been exposed to is not natural, we've been wading through a lot of the aftermath of the Nephandi's handiwork. But that does make sense," he agreed. "That should help ground me somewhat."

"It is what I would recommend Sodalis. Let us finish starting the fire and then I can see what I can do to help you get a better balance right now and you can see if varying the banishing pentagrams can help you maintain it."

"Good, let's do that," he agreed. "And thank you." He stood back up to light the fire. "

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:47 am

"That looks like just the thing." He took one. "I think that's enough. I don't want to leave it unattended, so I don't want to make it too big. Just to get it hot enough to take care of a few things and then extinguish it."

"I agree, very well then let us get rid of the things we do not want others to get their hands on."
Cara said and handed you a box of matches from the nearby shelf.

"Well, if we did help me to do that, it would only be right to explain to you since you would be working magick on me."

"If it is relevant to the working yes, I do not want to make mistakes due to circumstances I do not know about, but if it is not relevant to the working itself, whatever or not you tell me is up to me if you decide you want the magick done, I respect your privacy Sodalis."

He listened to her explanation thoughtfully. "Well, some of what we have been exposed to is not natural, we've been wading through a lot of the aftermath of the Nephandi's handiwork. But that does make sense," he agreed. "That should help ground me somewhat."

"A greater banishing might be a good idea as well if you think you might have attracted Jhor or something else nasty and it might help settle things down, other than that I often find that for cleansing pathworking are often effective. As for grounding work I hear working with earth elementals have that effect but as I do not study much spirit I would not know."

"Good, let's do that," he agreed. "And thank you." He stood back up to light the fire. "

"That is ok, we are all in the same boat here and we need to be in a condition to actually be able to take the Nephandi out."
She said and smiled and stood a bit back as you lit the fire.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:17 am

He gave Colin a big smile back. It was good to be reminded of something like that after what had happened to them. "I suppose that makes me the younger brother by default." Then after a beat, he said, "Though I can see you fitting the crazy uncle role in additionally, out of the battlefield," he teased.
Colin grinned, "I hope that would be the awesome-crazy uncle who tells wild stories of adventure and shows the kids bizarre photos and party tricks at family gatherings?"

"It is fairly simple and two fold Mr Wainwright. I want to go in and drain the poison from the vampire out of his body, and then out of the Avatar itself without having to go in and do it in an invasive way which that sick soul might not be able to survive at the moment, but rather just burn it of harmlessly."
He frowned, "Yes, the quintessence funnel could in principle be applied to extricate quintessence from a person... You would have to be cautions, of course, but I expect you knew that already."

"Entropic Tass is one thing, Beatrice's Avatar is Primordial so it is likely to feel the most comfortable around that, but Tass being Entropic do not mean it is corrupted in any way, it is just Entropic, corruption is Entropy gone made to where it is just destruction, and not the completion and drifting towards chaos that comes before new birth."
He nodded, "Of course, of course, a slip in terminology. I must be a little more fatigued than I realized. But yes, I did mean corrupted Tass, not merely Entropic."

"I would be safe other than the Jhor issue. I can play with the stuff all day if I want to, not that I want to, as long as I do not trade it but Bee is in a bit of in between legal status right now and I do not know if her old sentencing still apply to any degree or what her legal situation is now before the new sentencing so I do not want to expose her to anything that could get her into trouble."
He frowned, "I believe Master Tolle explicitly stated that Beatrice's original sentencing was in violation of precedent, and thus invalid - that would apply to the whole thing, not just parts of it. But again, best double-check that with Master Steelhaven."

"Hum...That is certainly practical Mr Wainwright, but I would still be very careful when handling corrupted Quintessence if I where you."
He smiled, "I avoid skin contact with the stuff, and try not to lug it around any more than necessary for a mission, sealed packaging or not... but my rote does allow me to process the Tass into a spell without going through my Avatar; which is pretty much as safe as it can get."

"Bomb, poison pill both will do, that is what it sound like that Nephandus said about your soul. Hum...I see, well getting two of them is rare enough, Horizon will be a busy place soon."
He frowned back, "Yes... we will have to try for live captures at the Labyrinths, too... The coming weeks will be ugly."

"We have another one to add to the collection here, Mr Karyak brought one in, so now we really have more prisoners than we know what to do with. Yes speaking with that prisoner is wise...and when you get here assuming Jeffry allow it you might want to pay his new apprentice a visit as well, just to see how widderslainte react to you now, I do not want to scare the boy but it is important for the research and it is important to do so before you visit Beatrice again we do not want to upset her Avatar right now."
He blinked, "Another prisoner? Oh, joy... Or would the new prisoner be Martha Cunningham, the... former Nephandus? And yes, I would most certainly not want to accidentally frighten Beatrice any more now..."

"Ah yes it is a joy, imagine doing that to a huge, cranky Pattern Avatar while trying to get little bits of something from the Umbra out that are sticking out of it if it had been sitting on a porcupine...and at the same time dealing with a hysterical host and his entire Cabal and half of his extended magical family, sometimes I hate my job."
He grimaced, "Oh, dear... I'm a vet, but not that kind of vet... I'd rather not try to imagine that..."

"It should not be a problem Mr Wainwright I would simply then set up a portal rather than just switching your location in space...and yes I heard about Miss Adlebloom, how is she doing? I also agree getting Liv Bergen out of Chicago is probably wise."
He sighed, "Miss Adelbloom is recovering; she suffered a bit of traumatic blindness, but her sight is returning. She was... shot in the head; fortunately, we had a healer on hand for her and the shooter was... manually dealt with in fairly short order."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 am

He frowned, "Yes, the quintessence funnel could in principle be applied to extricate quintessence from a person... You would have to be cautions, of course, but I expect you knew that already."

"Yes I would have to be very careful, the boy's Avatar is very fragile right now, but something like that might just be the thing to save him."
Cita said.
"I just need to work out the details and there is where I could need your help Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Of course, of course, a slip in terminology. I must be a little more fatigued than I realized. But yes, I did mean corrupted Tass, not merely Entropic."

"Sorry to be pedantic about it Mr Wainwright, anyway I think your suggestion stand a chance of helping, as it stand the only thing that have really helped is Mr Karyak who managed to calm her down enough to sleep earlier in the evening, the kid really have a gift with Avatars...Tradition customs through...hum...well anyway some corrupted Quintessence might help calm Bee's Avatar down a little."

He frowned, "I believe Master Tolle explicitly stated that Beatrice's original sentencing was in violation of precedent, and thus invalid - that would apply to the whole thing, not just parts of it. But again, best double-check that with Master Steelhaven."

"I agree, I do think that Beatrice's entire sentence was declared invalid but it is better to proceed with caution and make sure as the last thing we need right now are more trouble."

He smiled, "I avoid skin contact with the stuff, and try not to lug it around any more than necessary for a mission, sealed packaging or not... but my rote does allow me to process the Tass into a spell without going through my Avatar; which is pretty much as safe as it can get."

"Well there are some delicious irony in using the resources of the enemy to give them a kick in the behind, and it do sound like you have it well in hand, just be careful with the stuff, there is a reason why it is illegal to trade it."
Cita cautioned.

He frowned back, "Yes... we will have to try for live captures at the Labyrinths, too... The coming weeks will be ugly."

"Yes incredibly ugly, Horizon will not be a pleasant place for a while. At least this might better the chances for Jeffry's new apprentice, after all those Nephandi are...well...you know no one want to see a fifteen year old sent to the scaffold to say it like that so letting the Chief keep the boy might be considered to be politically sound."
The Spirit healer said though she still sounded dismayed.

He blinked, "Another prisoner? Oh, joy... Or would the new prisoner be Martha Cunningham, the... former Nephandus? And yes, I would most certainly not want to accidentally frighten Beatrice any more now..."

"Ah yes...we have her as well, make that two new prisoners then, I am not sure how Steelhaven will be able to handle all of these prisoners they might have to ask the other Chantries in the Tribunal for help the question is who to trust."
Cita said and sigh.
"No Beatrice needs peace and quiet right now, hopefully it will not be a problem..."

He grimaced, "Oh, dear... I'm a vet, but not that kind of vet... I'd rather not try to imagine that..."

"I am not so sure my patient would be so pleased about the suggestion that his Avatar needed a vet but just between you and me, that is a bit what it felt like."
Cita said sounding amused.

He sighed, "Miss Adelbloom is recovering; she suffered a bit of traumatic blindness, but her sight is returning. She was... shot in the head; fortunately, we had a healer on hand for her and the shooter was... manually dealt with in fairly short order."

"I see...I am glad she is recovering and that she survived head injuries can get bad quickly...things have not been a dance on roses over in Chicago have it? Well in either case I am going to prepare a portal for you and you just give me a text when you need it. I doubt I will be working with Morningstar's Hermes Portal though, I know they have one but it is to far from my own Paradigm I would not know how, so I will just set up a standard link between two locations."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:47 pm

I thank you both, spirit. This informatión is important and maybe it will sabe lives. Go in peace. Tañe said setting back to the others.
The spirits were deceived by the nephandus, they have gone on their way, but they told me there are two more nephandus: one is a girl, she'd probably with a flu or some other light illness, and the other is a grown man, this one is dangerous so i suppose it's out main goal. Tañe said as he returned to the others How should we proceed?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:15 pm

"I just need to work out the details and there is where I could need your help Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "I will provide what instruction I can, and practical assistance if that is viable."

"Sorry to be pedantic about it Mr Wainwright, anyway I think your suggestion stand a chance of helping, as it stand the only thing that have really helped is Mr Karyak who managed to calm her down enough to sleep earlier in the evening, the kid really have a gift with Avatars...Tradition customs through...hum...well anyway some corrupted Quintessence might help calm Bee's Avatar down a little."
He smiled wryly, "Far be it from me to complain about the pedantry of others... Ah, when he calmed her, that would be when he caused mr. Gregario and miss Florentine some distress, wouldn't it? The fellow seems remarkably gifted, if a bit rash."

"Well there are some delicious irony in using the resources of the enemy to give them a kick in the behind, and it do sound like you have it well in hand, just be careful with the stuff, there is a reason why it is illegal to trade it."
Colin grinned wryly, "Well, yes, knowing fully well how arrogant this makes me sound, the reason for its illegality is in part that the Traditions didn't have my Rote for disposing of the stuff... But yes, if there is any left after the fighting is done, I will make sure to destroy any remaining supply of the vile stuff - I'll keep it around while the battle rages, but once the dust settles, I have no desire to keep it around any longer; the risk of long-term exposure, or worse, accidentally poisoning someone else with it is too great..."

"Yes incredibly ugly, Horizon will not be a pleasant place for a while. At least this might better the chances for Jeffry's new apprentice, after all those Nephandi are...well...you know no one want to see a fifteen year old sent to the scaffold to say it like that so letting the Chief keep the boy might be considered to be politically sound."
He nodded, "Not just Chief Morgan's apprentice... I... well, I have to face a bit of a shitstorm of my own in that respect, but I may have another willing candidate for trying to cleanse her Avatar, if she is allowed to live. I'll... tell you more about that later."

"Ah yes...we have her as well, make that two new prisoners then, I am not sure how Steelhaven will be able to handle all of these prisoners they might have to ask the other Chantries in the Tribunal for help the question is who to trust."
He frowned, "It seems most likely we'll have to keep them overnight and get a prison ship, or the equivalent thereof, to retrieve the lot for shipping to Horizon... Make a round trip to Boston and Chicago, and get everyone. Well, almost everyone..."

"No Beatrice needs peace and quiet right now, hopefully it will not be a problem..."
He sighed, "Hopefully, both she and her Avatar will remember and trust me, though - the Fallen who have been concerned so far have been declared enemies, after all... and they did use the word 'Hope' to describe my Avatar. Beatrice could do with a little of that..."

"I am not so sure my patient would be so pleased about the suggestion that his Avatar needed a vet but just between you and me, that is a bit what it felt like."
He smiled, "Quite; it was just in between the drunken badger and the porcupine that the association emerged... but no, I do not envy you the demands of your specialization. The esteem for your skills - perhaps a little, but not the burden of the work..."

"I see...I am glad she is recovering and that she survived head injuries can get bad quickly...things have not been a dance on roses over in Chicago have it?
He shrugged, "Actually, things have been surprisingly in our favour. Abundant information, only two casualties with longer-term consequences - that would be miss Adelbloom and myself - and no fatalities yet, each individual mission here has been a victory, and while a Mercere Chantry here is lost, that was essentially just an empty building that was abandoned for the Fallen and a few HIT-Marks to fight over. And we managed to bring in a new Mage; a precious little girl who is already Awakened... All in all, we've been shamelessly lucky. Hopefully, that will keep up for the next mission, too; the last one here, it seems..."

Well in either case I am going to prepare a portal for you and you just give me a text when you need it. I doubt I will be working with Morningstar's Hermes Portal though, I know they have one but it is to far from my own Paradigm I would not know how, so I will just set up a standard link between two locations."
He nodded, "I will pass that along, and let you know how many come with on that trip. Right, I think that was all I had at this moment, just give me a moment to think..."

((OOC: Straight up Int roll: 4,6,7,0. Does Colin remember anything I've forgotten? Smile ))

((OOC2: Great work, Strife! Good to get more logs for offline searching! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Tane:

I thank you both, spirit. This informatión is important and maybe it will sabe lives. Go in peace. Tañe said setting back to the others.

"What are lives?"
One of the spirits asked sounding confused.
"We will go and do what we are, be well carrier of what we can not touch within."
The other Entropic spirit said before the pair vanished.

The spirits were deceived by the nephandus, they have gone on their way, but they told me there are two more nephandus: one is a girl, she'd probably with a flu or some other light illness, and the other is a grown man, this one is dangerous so i suppose it's out main goal. Tañe said as he returned to the others

"Well I am glad we do not have to deal with the spirits then."
Helga said.
"The female Nephandus are probably the one you cut down, the one Antonio knows...this man however do worry me quite a bit."
She added.

How should we proceed?

"We move forward, once we meet resistance if you two can provide me with a distraction, I will take care of it..."
Darrian said and flicked up one of his vials from his pockets.
"It is risky but we need to move quickly, one Nephandus we can handle, but we do not want him to call for help or harm the hostages."
The alchemist announced.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I will provide what instruction I can, and practical assistance if that is viable.

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I am much obliged."

He smiled wryly, "Far be it from me to complain about the pedantry of others... Ah, when he calmed her, that would be when he caused mr. Gregario and miss Florentine some distress, wouldn't it? The fellow seems remarkably gifted, if a bit rash."

"No he came back to see her earlier this evening, a blind man could see that Mr Karyak...ehm...likes your young Cabalmate to say it like that. From how I understood it he did not do so much this time, but his Avatar did, Bee said it felt like as if his soul touched and soothed hers...which is unusual but not unheard of, Avatars exist on the same plane as one another and at times they will interact with one another and in this instance to a beneficial effect."
Cita said then she sigh.
"It was even earlier that he scared the Mercere, there is no malice in the young Dreamspeaker but he fail to think his actions through at times, seeing a to put it bluntly wounded and cut up Avatar in front of them did not do wonders for the mental well being of a pair of already traumatized Red Caps on the Founder's path, and I am concerned about them, I do not think Tane intended any harm though."

Colin grinned wryly, "Well, yes, knowing fully well how arrogant this makes me sound, the reason for its illegality is in part that the Traditions didn't have my Rote for disposing of the stuff... But yes, if there is any left after the fighting is done, I will make sure to destroy any remaining supply of the vile stuff - I'll keep it around while the battle rages, but once the dust settles, I have no desire to keep it around any longer; the risk of long-term exposure, or worse, accidentally poisoning someone else with it is too great..."

"Your rote is a very fine discovery Mr Wainwright and such discoveries by Orphans are important, if enough of them happens it will force Traditionalists to acknowledge Orphans and members of Crafts to a greater degree. I am glad you will destroy what remains of the corrupted Tass when you are done though, it is dangerous but yes, you seam to have found a use for it, perhaps your rote will change the laws one day."

He nodded, "Not just Chief Morgan's apprentice... I... well, I have to face a bit of a shitstorm of my own in that respect, but I may have another willing candidate for trying to cleanse her Avatar, if she is allowed to live. I'll... tell you more about that later."

"Don't tell me you have found another widderslainte Mr Wainwright?"
Cita said though she sounded concerned.
"Things are getting more and more complicated I see."

He frowned, "It seems most likely we'll have to keep them overnight and get a prison ship, or the equivalent thereof, to retrieve the lot for shipping to Horizon... Make a round trip to Boston and Chicago, and get everyone. Well, almost everyone..."

"Jeffry have sent a Mercere to Horizon to request a prisoner transport and told them that there are also Fallen to pick up over in Chicago...hopefully though it will not be necessary to send his young apprentice along at the same time, the Security Council on Horizon have quite a reputation to be brutal with prisoners. In any case if we get any more captives Steelhaven will have a problem...Riverside might be willing to help though and they have shown themselves to be trustworthy thus far."

He sighed, "Hopefully, both she and her Avatar will remember and trust me, though - the Fallen who have been concerned so far have been declared enemies, after all... and they did use the word 'Hope' to describe my Avatar. Beatrice could do with a little of that..."

"Beatrice's Avatar knows you so even should it be shown that your soul have the ability to harm Fallen Avatars, hers are likely to know you would never hurt her, it do not seam to fear me for example even if it have to know I could hurt it if I wanted to, I unfortunately have to know how to harm to know how to heal, and yes Bee could need some hope...she really could."

He smiled, "Quite; it was just in between the drunken badger and the porcupine that the association emerged... but no, I do not envy you the demands of your specialization. The esteem for your skills - perhaps a little, but not the burden of the work..."

"Yes...well for the most part I remove stagnant Paradox and deal with the minor injuries that come with those damned Core Wars..."
The spirit healer muttered darkly.
"And help a few born with Avatar abnormalities, but yes at times this job gets to me, but it is what I have chosen to do, and I do manage to help so yes...as for what esteem I get, I am sure you will get the same Mr Wainwright when you find something to specialize in...oh yes that reminds me, Jeffry will probably take it up with you later but he have found a teacher for you to instruct you how to pilot the shuttle he inherited, I just thought you would like to know that."

He shrugged, "Actually, things have been surprisingly in our favour. Abundant information, only two casualties with longer-term consequences - that would be miss Adelbloom and myself - and no fatalities yet, each individual mission here has been a victory, and while a Mercere Chantry here is lost, that was essentially just an empty building that was abandoned for the Fallen and a few HIT-Marks to fight over.

"How did the Hit-Marks get involved in this whole mess?"
Cita asked then she added.
"I am glad to hear that things are going well, hopefully it will continue that way."

And we managed to bring in a new Mage; a precious little girl who is already Awakened... All in all, we've been shamelessly lucky. Hopefully, that will keep up for the next mission, too; the last one here, it seems..."

"Good luck...and a new mage...wonderful, we need as many Awakened in the Traditions as we can get."

He nodded, "I will pass that along, and let you know how many come with on that trip. Right, I think that was all I had at this moment, just give me a moment to think..."

You do not think it was anything else to discuss with Cita at the moment, unless you wanted to mention that Adley had said that it was not wise to use Avatar material from another on Beatrice under any circumstance, or mention anything about him possibly being one of Heylel's heirs, and Bee likely being another, but that might not be wise to discuss over the phone.

(OOC: Unless there is something I have forgotten, Colin might be smarter than I am.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Colin grinned, "I hope that would be the awesome-crazy uncle who tells wild stories of adventure and shows the kids bizarre photos and party tricks at family gatherings?"

"That is exactly the one. The one that told stories about safaris and the Red Baron and brought back gifts as proof. The one that teaches you how to juggle when you are six and how to play poker when you are ten."

"If it is relevant to the working yes, I do not want to make mistakes due to circumstances I do not know about, but if it is not relevant to the working itself, whatever or not you tell me is up to me if you decide you want the magick done, I respect your privacy Sodalis."

"Given it concerns primal ars, and the nature of the situation it might be but thank you."

"A greater banishing might be a good idea as well if you think you might have attracted Jhor or something else nasty and it might help settle things down, other than that I often find that for cleansing pathworking are often effective. As for grounding work I hear working with earth elementals have that effect but as I do not study much spirit I would not know."

"The latter is most helpful, that I can attest to though I cannot ask them here to hang out with me. Though it does remind me of something very important I still need to take care of...at any rate, as for jhor...I have had to deal with a number of deadly situations and there is one more to come that I need to do."

That is ok, we are all in the same boat here and we need to be in a condition to actually be able to take the Nephandi out."
She said and smiled and stood a bit back as you lit the fire.

He gave a nod to her and took out his lighter, running it over the scrap of newspaper and carefully placing it near the small bundle of kindling. He gently blew a little air over it and watched for the sparks as it lit up, then began to get all the scraps of notes, clothing, and medical waste he had to dispose of, frowning a bit at the bag. "I'm not sure how to deal with a syringe but I would assume running the business end into the fire will do the trick for the most part...hrm, perhaps you could assist me, if I work a rote with primal ars, can you have a look to determine how the magick flows and the resonances seem to be acting? That could help focus what resonances I should work on the most, though I am pretty sure that my assessment is correct. It's more a question of magnitude." He then proceeded to unweave anything left of the materials he added to the fire as they burned, with the rote that his pater showed him, just to be sure there would be nothing usable left behind.

// P2: 8,6,3

No prob, glad I could help. Search is the most useful function : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:38 pm

"Given it concerns primal ars, and the nature of the situation it might be but thank you."

"Very well, when and if you decide to ask me to help with your Paradox for a while you can decide then whatever it is something you want to share or not, until you decide me to try to do the working to manifest your Paradox there is no point in dwelling on the choice however."
Cara said and smiled.

"The latter is most helpful, that I can attest to though I cannot ask them here to hang out with me. Though it does remind me of something very important I still need to take care of...at any rate, as for jhor...I have had to deal with a number of deadly situations and there is one more to come that I need to do."

"Chief Joakim's marble knights? I have never seen them but I have heard about them, they are Umbrood Lords are they not? They might not appreciate being called just to as you say hang out, but you might be able to find some lesser Umbroods that will be willing to work with you and help you balance your Resonance for some small reward."
The Criamon suggested.
"Ah, well let us get the balancing I can do quickly then so I do not keep you from your important task."
She added.
"A situation being deadly should not create Jhor, murder might, but generally destruction will attract regular Entropic Resonance not Jhor, generally you are safe from the death taint unless you use corrupted Tass, work Necromancy or really mess up Entropic magick so I would not worry to much about it unless you have been doing any of those things."

He gave a nod to her and took out his lighter, running it over the scrap of newspaper and carefully placing it near the small bundle of kindling. He gently blew a little air over it and watched for the sparks as it lit up, then began to get all the scraps of notes, clothing, and medical waste he had to dispose of, frowning a bit at the bag. "I'm not sure how to deal with a syringe but I would assume running the business end into the fire will do the trick for the most part...hrm, perhaps you could assist me, if I work a rote with primal ars, can you have a look to determine how the magick flows and the resonances seem to be acting? That could help focus what resonances I should work on the most, though I am pretty sure that my assessment is correct. It's more a question of magnitude."

"Hum...I should have taken the medical supplies used on me with me to burn as well...it would be the wisest, as for the metal in the needle, any traces of blood will be destroyed by the fire so you should be fine as long as you do not have any strong emotions about the needle itself that can tie it to you, someone with a strong phobia for needles for example with from arcane connections with the needle itself, just like someone who have arachnophobia might form a arcane connection with the little house spider that scared them, but if it was just routine fire should do the trick."
Cara said and opened the window when she saw the plastic bag.
"It is best to air things out if it are any smells."
She explained then she nodded.
"I can do so Sodalis."
She said and got ready by forming her hands into the start position for a spell, her hand movements quick and elegant.
"I am ready proceed at will please."

He then proceeded to unweave anything left of the materials he added to the fire as they burned, with the rote that his pater showed him, just to be sure there would be nothing usable left behind.

You work your rote and demand that the link between you and the items you burn will be severed, the notes and cotton swab burn to ash, the plastic around the needle melt but the steel needle itself just get hot, you manage to banish any arcane connections for you on it though, it should be safe enough to dispose of once it cools down.

Cara muttered in Latin as her hands formed crisp, elegant gestures then she lifted both hands and formed a triangle at her forehead as she looked at you then she closed her eyes and nodded.
"You are correct Sodalis, you have Entropic and Dynamic Resonance, the Entropic part is nothing to worry about it is healthy and weak, the Dynamic Resonance though are somewhat more worrisome, it is aggressive and explosive, like a wildfire, it is not out of control yet but it is strong enough that it have to start to affect you mentally if you excuse me for saying so..."
Cara said softly trying not to offend.
"It might help your Ignam magick but if you attract more of it then it might affect your decision making unless you balance it out."

(OOC: Yeah we have written at least enough to fill a couple of novels, the search function of PDFs are awesome. Thank you again Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:11 pm

"That is exactly the one. The one that told stories about safaris and the Red Baron and brought back gifts as proof. The one that teaches you how to juggle when you are six and how to play poker when you are ten."
Colin grinned, "I wouldn't teach poker, probably... More probably some strategic board game without a random factor. Knowing the random factors in advance makes for a pretty one-sided game..."

"No he came back to see her earlier this evening, a blind man could see that Mr Karyak...ehm...likes your young Cabalmate to say it like that. From how I understood it he did not do so much this time, but his Avatar did, Bee said it felt like as if his soul touched and soothed hers...which is unusual but not unheard of, Avatars exist on the same plane as one another and at times they will interact with one another and in this instance to a beneficial effect."
He grinned broadly, "Well, good for them. Beatrice could use some more affection in her life... I will have to give him the appropriate warnings a loving uncle should once I see him again."

"It was even earlier that he scared the Mercere, there is no malice in the young Dreamspeaker but he fail to think his actions through at times, seeing a to put it bluntly wounded and cut up Avatar in front of them did not do wonders for the mental well being of a pair of already traumatized Red Caps on the Founder's path, and I am concerned about them, I do not think Tane intended any harm though."
He nodded, "No, I don't think there's any malice in him, either... If I were to sumarize him in a single term, he is young. He'll learn some restraint, some... awareness of his surroundings soon enough, I expect. Still, I do hope he was properly chastised for that bit of short-sightedness."

"Your rote is a very fine discovery Mr Wainwright and such discoveries by Orphans are important, if enough of them happens it will force Traditionalists to acknowledge Orphans and members of Crafts to a greater degree. I am glad you will destroy what remains of the corrupted Tass when you are done though, it is dangerous but yes, you seam to have found a use for it, perhaps your rote will change the laws one day."
He nodded, "It has incredible potential - but I actually hope it doesn't change the laws much. As I understand, the legal ban is presently on the trade of corrupted Tass, not the possession of it; if that ban were lifted, I fear there would be an unacceptable amount of Jhor on my conscience. I would rather see my rote being widely distributed as an instructive tool to display how heavily resonated tass affects even the simplest of spells, and how that same effect would be detrimental to a Mage... But that's neither here nor now."

"Don't tell me you have found another widderslainte Mr Wainwright?"
Cita said though she sounded concerned.
"Things are getting more and more complicated I see."
He hesitated for a moment, "...No, she's not a widderslainte... But yes, things are getting more complicated; she's twelve... and too fragile to go through the... usual process, courtesy of a good shot and a bad healing..."

"Jeffry have sent a Mercere to Horizon to request a prisoner transport and told them that there are also Fallen to pick up over in Chicago...hopefully though it will not be necessary to send his young apprentice along at the same time, the Security Council on Horizon have quite a reputation to be brutal with prisoners. In any case if we get any more captives Steelhaven will have a problem...Riverside might be willing to help though and they have shown themselves to be trustworthy thus far."
He frowned, "Two labyrinths in one weekend; potentially, we could be looking at a substantial number of prisoners... it's quite plausible that Chief Morgan can get away with omitting one non-hostile individual like that..."

"Beatrice's Avatar knows you so even should it be shown that your soul have the ability to harm Fallen Avatars, hers are likely to know you would never hurt her, it do not seam to fear me for example even if it have to know I could hurt it if I wanted to, I unfortunately have to know how to harm to know how to heal, and yes Bee could need some hope...she really could."
He smiled, "Precisely... As it happens, I've picked up a little something for her; a stone that will help soothe her Avatar. Perhaps not as much as Tass, but it's pleasant to the touch and won't be accidentally consumed."

oh yes that reminds me, Jeffry will probably take it up with you later but he have found a teacher for you to instruct you how to pilot the shuttle he inherited, I just thought you would like to know that."
He smiled, "Ah, excellent. I've already arranged a bit of tutelage in basic Umbral navigation, but that's rather independent of a vessel... I look forward to it."

"How did the Hit-Marks get involved in this whole mess?"
He grimaced, "That's... actually less complicated than it might seem, suffice to say there was a brief truce with a couple of Union agents who agreed to call in their strike team only after we had evacuated... I'm liable to receive some sort of reprimand from the Chicago Tribunal for that, of course, but I'm fairly certain I can completely justify it."

He snapped his fingers, "Oh, yes, Adley did suggest it would be unwise to use Avatar material from anyone else to stitch up Beatrice... I'm inclined to agree with his reasoning for that, but I'm afraid the reason is something the three of you should discuss in private. Right, I think that was it, so if you will excuse me, I will take care of the other few matters before I get back to you..."

Hanging up, he quickly licked his fingertips and pinched out the candle flame, letting the wax cool and harden before picking the candle up. In the meantime, he took a few moments to skim the bookshelves in the room...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:34 pm

"Quite, I think I have an idea to follow up on later, regarding some workings that will assist me. For now though, it looks like I really need to attend to this before anything else occurs. And do not apologize, I did ask your professional opinion and it's appreciated." He finished up with the waste and brushed his fingers together, moving so Cara could use the fire. "Do you think that you should assist me or my regular banishong techniques asjusted to focus on the imbalnce will be sufficient to remedy it somewhat?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:25 pm

Colin:

He grinned broadly, "Well, good for them. Beatrice could use some more affection in her life... I will have to give him the appropriate warnings a loving uncle should once I see him again."

"That might be a good idea Mr Wainwright though I think a loving teacher with ample magickal powers and a fondness for knives also help keep a young suitor on his best behavior."
Cita said sound amused.
"And yes Beatrice needs something good happening in her life, we are going to have to see though if she will return the young man's affections, but if she do he would be good to her I think."

He nodded, "No, I don't think there's any malice in him, either... If I were to sumarize him in a single term, he is young. He'll learn some restraint, some... awareness of his surroundings soon enough, I expect. Still, I do hope he was properly chastised for that bit of short-sightedness."

"Not yet, I suspect Chief Morgan will want to do that when there is time for it, things have been rather hectic here as well. On that note though one thing you as a member of his Cabal might want to talk with the young man about is his tendency for over familiarity, most Adepts and Masters do not appreciate a younger mage using their first name as if they had been pals since kindergarten. Again I do not think Mr Karyak are meaning anything ill by it, and for me it do not matter I prefer to be called by my first name, Jeffry though do not appreciate such informality from others than those he is close to, and there are other elder magi who will do more to chastise the young man than just grumble about it, our society are what it are like it or not and if Mr Karyak do not follow the rules he might end up in hot water."

He nodded, "It has incredible potential - but I actually hope it doesn't change the laws much. As I understand, the legal ban is presently on the trade of corrupted Tass, not the possession of it; if that ban were lifted, I fear there would be an unacceptable amount of Jhor on my conscience.

"That is correct, you may own and use corrupted tass if you want to, an individual Chantry might refuse you to do so or refuse you to bring it into the Chantry, and most do but Tradition laws says nothing about it. Trading corrupted tass however are illegal and you may be right Mr Wainwright, it might be better to keep that law in place to avoid more Jhor issues for no one want Jhor issues...well other than the Nephandi and some already quite nuts necromancers."

I would rather see my rote being widely distributed as an instructive tool to display how heavily resonated Tass affects even the simplest of spells, and how that same effect would be detrimental to a Mage... But that's neither here nor now."

"That is a good goal, and I think it would be useful indeed."

He hesitated for a moment, "...No, she's not a widderslainte... But yes, things are getting more complicated; she's twelve... and too fragile to go through the... usual process, courtesy of a good shot and a bad healing..."

"Twelve...shit that is just tragic."
The spirit healer said sadly.
"But if she is a Nephandus and have worked with them the usual loophole and precedent that have saved some widderslainte will not help her much if she is to frail to survive...well...that might let you stall things though, no one want the host dying in the middle of that ritual as that would usually mean the executioners have to fight for their lives and pray to whatever they place their faith in that they can win...beyond a stall though...I do not know how much of a chance this child will have."

He frowned, "Two labyrinths in one weekend; potentially, we could be looking at a substantial number of prisoners... it's quite plausible that Chief Morgan can get away with omitting one non-hostile individual like that..."

"Well by legal status the boy is Jeffry's student making him a member of the Order of Hermes and Chantry Steelhaven Hall and he is not technically a prisoner, not yet, Jeffry just keep his apprentice locked up, which is his full right to do so I guess he could play it that way, the boy would need to be officially charged as a widderslainte before Horizon could demand to take over custody of him, and Horizon will have it's hands full of Nephandi so to speak it might now want to deal with a non hostile widderslainte kid right now, I mean they only have six shielded cells, they will be pretty much filled to capacity as it is up there..."
Cita said.
"Well not up really, more sort of to the side of our space and plane but you get my point anyway Mr Wainwright."

He smiled, "Precisely... As it happens, I've picked up a little something for her; a stone that will help soothe her Avatar. Perhaps not as much as Tass, but it's pleasant to the touch and won't be accidentally consumed."

"I see, well healing stones are not my forte, but whatever works and give the girl some peace will help and it will be interesting to see the effects of this stone you are bringing her."

He smiled, "Ah, excellent. I've already arranged a bit of tutelage in basic Umbral navigation, but that's rather independent of a vessel... I look forward to it."

"Good, good I just thought that I would mention it."

He grimaced, "That's... actually less complicated than it might seem, suffice to say there was a brief truce with a couple of Union agents who agreed to call in their strike team only after we had evacuated... I'm liable to receive some sort of reprimand from the Chicago Tribunal for that, of course, but I'm fairly certain I can completely justify it."

"Well if it worked and none of our our people got hurt in the process I say let the Technocracy risk their own personnel and resources to take out our enemies, that is a win, win or us even if that might be a cynical way to look at it. Yes you might get a reprimand, but I doubt it will be more than that if it was necessary."

He snapped his fingers, "Oh, yes, Adley did suggest it would be unwise to use Avatar material from anyone else to stitch up Beatrice... I'm inclined to agree with his reasoning for that, but I'm afraid the reason is something the three of you should discuss in private.

"I see, using donor material might be necessary for Bee to survive if other ways to ease her suffering can not be found, however her life is not in any immediate danger so I will do nothing until we have spoken...well I do not even have a donor at the moment as the match have to be pretty good, in addition I do not want to hurt someone like that, I would prefer if another option was found."

Right, I think that was it, so if you will excuse me, I will take care of the other few matters before I get back to you..."

"Very well, take care until then Mr Wainwright."

Hanging up, he quickly licked his fingertips and pinched out the candle flame, letting the wax cool and harden before picking the candle up. In the meantime, he took a few moments to skim the bookshelves in the room...

There are a few books about birds, some romance novels, a few detective novels, two quiz book and a book titled 200 card games. The enchanted candle harden after a few moments and you leave the sitting room.

Adley:

"Quite, I think I have an idea to follow up on later, regarding some workings that will assist me. For now though, it looks like I really need to attend to this before anything else occurs. And do not apologize, I did ask your professional opinion and it's appreciated."

"I see, well good luck on that idea Sodalis, and yes in my professional opinion your Resonance should be seen to, you will not become a raving lunatic for quite some time, it is not to those levels but it might make you less clear headed."
Cara said and nodded then offered a small smile.

He finished up with the waste and brushed his fingers together, moving so Cara could use the fire. "Do you think that you should assist me or my regular banishong techniques asjusted to focus on the imbalnce will be sufficient to remedy it somewhat?"

Cara sat down and burned some notes and a bit of cloth.
"I do think that should help yes and should address the problem for now, for you to truly balance your Resonance though I would recommend also working with matters of a more static nature as a regular practice for a while to counteract your tendency towards Dynamism. However yes I can help you adjust your regular banishing techniques to help balance your energies."
She said and glanced up at you from where she sat hunched down carefully putting things into the fire careful not to burn herself."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Ok, let me entre, please. I'm not great with magic, other than spirits and avatars, but i'm strong and resilient, and Atonga's gift protects me even from the worst injuries. I can do the muscle, and you should try to cover me with gunfire and mágica. I'll try to be tour shield, you cover me and act your thing.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Ok, let me entre, please. I'm not great with magic, other than spirits and avatars, but i'm strong and resilient, and Atonga's gift protects me even from the worst injuries.

"Very well, that is agreeable Mr Karyak."
Darrian said.
"I will be right behind you, if you can engage the Nephandus or in other ways give me the chance to use my magick on hum that would be most excellent."

I can do the muscle, and you should try to cover me with gunfire and mágica. I'll try to be tour shield, you cover me and act your thing.

"I will cover you both, let us just make it snappy gentlemen."
Helga said and Darrian nodded.
"We have a general plan...lead the way Mr Karyak."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:59 pm

"Well that is good to know, but I would not wish to go into a battle without the best frame of mind I can muster, given circimstances. All finished?" he asked, before starting to smother the flames so it would go out. "Then if you don't mind, we could go downstairs to one of the available rooms. Or if we stay here, just know I am a bit loud when I work, I don't want to wake your student or anyone nearby. I understand if you wish to stay close by however."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks you for listening. Ok... he got point in front of the door and asked Ready, people? after their confirmation, Tañe kicked the door to entered with a warcry UTU!

((REVENGE in maorí))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:19 pm

You kick down the door and enter what look more or less like an office, there is a desk there with some papers and a coffee mug on it, another door lead from the office into the main storage area of the storehouse, and it is probably in this section the prisoners are held, as you kick the door open you hardly have the time to think before a blinding light blur your vision and you hear a deep, loud boom, the next you know you are thrown backwards as flames engulf yours body and you land several feet back, knocking Darrian over in the process, you do not know if someone tossed a fireball at you or if it was some sort of trap but whatever it was it had some kick. You hear Darrian cry out in surprise and Helga fire her gun as you land and then slide on the old wood floor several more feet backwards before coming to a halt.

(OOC: You stepped right into it so no chance of a dodge, thanks to your sword that I will assume Tane is still holding onto though you do get to try to soak some damage, 6 bashing from the impact and 1 aggravated from flames, roll well, and Tane better get his clothes put out quickly.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:00 pm

"That might be a good idea Mr Wainwright though I think a loving teacher with ample magickal powers and a fondness for knives also help keep a young suitor on his best behavior."
Colin grinned, "Very true - but I have the advantage of being more easily able to deter the young man's brother - the wereshark. Of course, I don't think Master Master Nassa would draw steel on the fellow, when an accident with a shrubbery would be more painful and convenient..."

"Not yet, I suspect Chief Morgan will want to do that when there is time for it, things have been rather hectic here as well. On that note though one thing you as a member of his Cabal might want to talk with the young man about is his tendency for over familiarity, most Adepts and Masters do not appreciate a younger mage using their first name as if they had been pals since kindergarten. Again I do not think Mr Karyak are meaning anything ill by it, and for me it do not matter I prefer to be called by my first name, Jeffry though do not appreciate such informality from others than those he is close to, and there are other elder magi who will do more to chastise the young man than just grumble about it, our society are what it are like it or not and if Mr Karyak do not follow the rules he might end up in hot water."
"Good idea - I will have a word with him about just that. When it's likely we'll be visited by some fairly senior Magi from Horizon soon enough for prisoner transport, they might not think twice about using an extra seat for impudence, intentional or not..."

"Twelve...shit that is just tragic."
The spirit healer said sadly.
"But if she is a Nephandus and have worked with them the usual loophole and precedent that have saved some widderslainte will not help her much if she is to frail to survive...well...that might let you stall things though, no one want the host dying in the middle of that ritual as that would usually mean the executioners have to fight for their lives and pray to whatever they place their faith in that they can win...beyond a stall though...I do not know how much of a chance this child will have."
Colin sighed, "There is precedent for the induction of a Nephandus who is deemed too dangerous to attempt... well, who is deemed safer to keep alive and friendly, at least. So long as the girl's health is frail, that may be enough... but great breakthroughs in bringing her Avatar back to the light will be necessary in the longer run. It's cynical of me to put it like this, but she's the perfect lab rat for this; young, and she has led a sheltered life thanks to a surprisingly overprotective Mentor. She is in many ways far less damaged goods than I would have expected from someone who grew up in a Labyrinth..."

"Well not up really, more sort of to the side of our space and plane but you get my point anyway Mr Wainwright."
He grinned, "Space, Time and alternate sets of Dimensions... Good thing Doctor Who has inoculated me against the worst confusion, so long as I don't have to explain it for someone uninitiated..."

"I see, well healing stones are not my forte, but whatever works and give the girl some peace will help and it will be interesting to see the effects of this stone you are bringing her."
"I think it should work fine - I got it from a resident Verbena, actually; Mrs. Knox. I believe the two are acquainted."

"Well if it worked and none of our our people got hurt in the process I say let the Technocracy risk their own personnel and resources to take out our enemies, that is a win, win or us even if that might be a cynical way to look at it. Yes you might get a reprimand, but I doubt it will be more than that if it was necessary."
"Well, even if I were to be given more than a reprimand, I don't expect it to exceed some participation in helping the Mercere acquire a new building."

"I see, using donor material might be necessary for Bee to survive if other ways to ease her suffering can not be found, however her life is not in any immediate danger so I will do nothing until we have spoken...well I do not even have a donor at the moment as the match have to be pretty good, in addition I do not want to hurt someone like that, I would prefer if another option was found."
"This... may sound slightly on the insane side, but I'm hardly well versed in this... I just had a thought; would it be possible to use Beatrice's Avatar to patch itself up? Sort of like how surgeons can take a patch of skin from someone's thigh and graft it onto a bad burn like a lattice, to help the skin grow back seemingly normal?"

Colin skimmed the book on card games briefly, then pocketed the candle and headed down to Jodelle's cell, pondering.

((OOC: Woe is my schnookums... She got an allergy vaccine today, and had a bad case of hives when she got home... so she went to the local clinic and got a double shot of epinephrine and an ambulance ride to the hospital for an overnight stay. Sad ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:55 am

((He's bare chest, since it is intimidating to show your Moko -traditional warrior's tatoos- to the enemy, and is dishonorable to not do so -since it implies your enemy has no right to know who he is fighting- so he has some pants. He's probably bald now, if his hair is on fire.))

Soak 6
i roll 6 for the bashing, 6 for the fire? since one was the explotion and the other was the flying fuck.
7, 2, 9, 8, 4, 2

6, 3, 5, 6, 5, 2

worst case scenario, use the first one and i'll spent one willpower anyway to go and face the fucker
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:47 am

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Very true - but I have the advantage of being more easily able to deter the young man's brother - the wereshark. Of course, I don't think Master Master Nassa would draw steel on the fellow, when an accident with a shrubbery would be more painful and convenient..."

"Never upset a Verbena Master when there are plants around."
Cita advised.
"Having a talk with him is wise though I do think he will treat Beatrice right anyway."

"Good idea - I will have a word with him about just that. When it's likely we'll be visited by some fairly senior Magi from Horizon soon enough for prisoner transport, they might not think twice about using an extra seat for impudence, intentional or not..."

"Yes indeed they might, so having a talk with your new Cabalmate might be able to save both him, and the rest of the Chantry from some trouble, I understand it can be frustrating for him, but the Traditions are what they are."

Colin sighed, "There is precedent for the induction of a Nephandus who is deemed too dangerous to attempt... well, who is deemed safer to keep alive and friendly, at least. So long as the girl's health is frail, that may be enough... but great breakthroughs in bringing her Avatar back to the light will be necessary in the longer run.

"Ah Master Ir, I know about him, he is well not to sound arrogant here, but almost as skilled with Avatars as I am. But yes what was the outcome for him do make sense and the Traditions see it as a lesser evil, he is not currently hostile, so giving him a limited membership makes sense when killing him would just create a very powerful widderslainte and his soul is to dangerous to destroy. Yes the little girl you speak of might be spared for as long as she is to frail to survive the duration of the ritual, but I do assume her helt might eventually improve and then...well..."

It's cynical of me to put it like this, but she's the perfect lab rat for this; young, and she has led a sheltered life thanks to a surprisingly overprotective Mentor. She is in many ways far less damaged goods than I would have expected from someone who grew up in a Labyrinth..."

"The child have grown up in a Labyrinth? Are you sure this is wise Mr Wainwright? Then again you are right a child would be a perfect lab rat, cynical as that might be indeed, if it is possible to bring a Nephandu back it would be a child, but yes you would have to show and be able to prove considerable progress if the Council are going to even entertain letting you keep her."

He grinned, "Space, Time and alternate sets of Dimensions... Good thing Doctor Who has inoculated me against the worst confusion, so long as I don't have to explain it for someone uninitiated..."

Cita gave a delighted laugh at that.
"Yes well, as long as you understand the basics at least that will be enough I think."

"I think it should work fine - I got it from a resident Verbena, actually; Mrs. Knox. I believe the two are acquainted."

"Ah yes lovely young woman, she is a very promising healer, I am sure the stone would be effective then."
The Spirit Master said.
"Do wish her the best from me if you see her."

"Well, even if I were to be given more than a reprimand, I don't expect it to exceed some participation in helping the Mercere acquire a new building."

"Well such a punishment are likely, both the Michigan Tribunal's Preaco Master Martin Hermansønn and it's Senior Quesitor Master James Alister Min have some of the same ideas about what fitting and practical punishments should be as Jeffry do to my understanding."
Cita said sounding a bit amused.
"So you might indeed be going house hunting with the Red Caps.

"This... may sound slightly on the insane side, but I'm hardly well versed in this... I just had a thought; would it be possible to use Beatrice's Avatar to patch itself up? Sort of like how surgeons can take a patch of skin from someone's thigh and graft it onto a bad burn like a lattice, to help the skin grow back seemingly normal?"

"It would be if the point was to heal the soul itself, but it will heal slowly but surely the problem is that injuries to the Avatar is extremely painful as you yourself have had the misfortune to...ehrm...discover, so cutting a piece of her soul to patch of the damaged parts might end up just hurting her more...it could potentially help but the pain during the operation itself would be horrendous and she might not make it through that. I have performed such operations in the past, I had a patient with a large hole in his Avatar, he did not know where it was from, he had been born with it, the missing part prevented him from advancing magickally though and I slowly over time removed small bits of Ephimara from his soul, stored them and then once I had enough used them to repair that hole, but that is a bit of a different situation."

Colin skimmed the book on card games briefly, then pocketed the candle and headed down to Jodelle's cell, pondering.

The book contained a bunch of simple games one could play with a regular card deck and was just the kind of book to bring along for a vacation at a cabin or something like that.

You walk down to the basement. A young woman is on guard duty outside of Jodelle's cell this time, she was tall and fit with short, dark brown hair and a pretty face, wearing a pair of jeans and a tshirt with a band logo, she might be of Latin decent and she nodded to you as you came down.
"My I help you Sir?"
She asked politely but suddenly slightly on guard when there was a person she did not know coming towards the cell.
"Ehm...are you a part of the delegation from Boston?"

(OOC: I am sorry to hear that Warp, I hope she feels better soon.)

Tane:

(OOC: Very well Tane's hair is on fire and his pants have a few flames here and there but bare skin do not burn that easily so at least you do not have to worry about flames on your upper body. Thank you for the information.)

You land hard you are rather bruised and your scalp hurt after you have gotten the fire out, you are not bald but not that far from it, your right shoulder hurt a bit when you move it but you seam to have gotten the fire out in time and do not take to much serious damage. You can get up and fight.

(OOC: Well then you do not get any aggravated damage but do get two bashing, Tane is getting rather bruised and tender but he is not seriously hurt.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:21 am

"Well that is good to know, but I would not wish to go into a battle without the best frame of mind I can muster, given circimstances. All finished?" he asked, before starting to smother the flames so it would go out. "Then if you don't mind, we could go downstairs to one of the available rooms. Or if we stay here, just know I am a bit loud when I work, I don't want to wake your student or anyone nearby. I understand if you wish to stay close by however."

"Yes I am all finished."
Cara said and stood up.
"I agree when your life is one the line...and the lives of others one need to be able to think straight."
You smother the flames in the fireplace and Cara looks towards the direction of her student's room.
"She is so small and helpless...I..."
She begun then she shook her head.
"No that is ok, I am still influenced by that...that thing that came after us and I worry for the little girl and her room mate to but I am fine we have wards and guards I know she is safe, we can go to one of the ritual rooms in the basements, it is best not to wake those sleeping in the nearby rooms Sodalis and I take it from how I heard you when you dampened the sound in the sewers that your voice have certain unique qualities not easily quieted."
The Criamon said and begun to walk towards the door, though she again glanced towards her student's room.

(OOC: I am so sorry for missing your post Strife I am not sure how I managed to do that. :O )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:14 pm

((My hair is fucking important!

I like getting tender, though XD))

Come here, you! he said and launched towards the nephandus, head first and ready to attack

Dex + melee: 6
6 4 1 8 9 4

Damage
6 8 6 3 8 2
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next