Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 3 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:28 pm

You get though the door, you see the door frame is scorched the Nephandus are no longer standing where he was though you see someone rushing around a corner, he is clearly planning on keeping you at a distance while taking you out. Helga fired in that direction and was rewarded with a new ball of flame heading your direction but it miss.
"Cheeky bastard."
Helga muttered.
"We have to try to corner him, and are you alright Mr Karyak?"
She asked and gave you a concerned look as she ran down a short corridor towards the main storage area of the building, you see a tall, powerfully built man running ahead of you. Helga shot at him again but the bullet stopped inches from his body as if the air would not let the bullet touch the Nephandus.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 3 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:10 pm

"Having a talk with him is wise though I do think he will treat Beatrice right anyway."
Colin grinned, "I should hope so, for his sake. I might take him outside and rough him up a little, or just shoot him at the most. Master Nassa and Adley, though, would be liable to get nasty."

"Yes indeed they might, so having a talk with your new Cabalmate might be able to save both him, and the rest of the Chantry from some trouble, I understand it can be frustrating for him, but the Traditions are what they are."
"The law is the law, and more senior Magi would probably be quite liable to consider anything short of a deferential attitude a brutal stomp on the first law... and deserving of a counterstomp."

"Ah Master Ir, I know about him, he is well not to sound arrogant here, but almost as skilled with Avatars as I am. But yes what was the outcome for him do make sense and the Traditions see it as a lesser evil, he is not currently hostile, so giving him a limited membership makes sense when killing him would just create a very powerful widderslainte and his soul is to dangerous to destroy. Yes the little girl you speak of might be spared for as long as she is to frail to survive the duration of the ritual, but I do assume her helt might eventually improve and then...well..."
He grinned, "Well, Master Ir apparently says so, as well, so that's hardly arrogant, then, so long as you don't rest on your laurels. But yes, using him as precedent would probably only hold until she's well enough for a retrial. A stalling tactic. Which is why she would need to make some progress early on..."

"The child have grown up in a Labyrinth? Are you sure this is wise Mr Wainwright? Then again you are right a child would be a perfect lab rat, cynical as that might be indeed, if it is possible to bring a Nephandu back it would be a child, but yes you would have to show and be able to prove considerable progress if the Council are going to even entertain letting you keep her."
He sighed, "Wise? Most certainly not. It is, however, a fairly well calculated and contemplated gamble; she has already lost her Mentor and Protector, and her Labyrinth is about to fall. She is convinced I am her best chance to survive and keep her magic - an assessment which might well be true - and she's rather, well, desperate. It's almost unethical to exploit that, but when there's this much to gain, including for her..."

"Do wish her the best from me if you see her."
"I will, though there is a chance she's retired to bed now. She might be standing guard over... a rescue. Long, complicated story; might get back to it when we're back for good."

"Well such a punishment are likely, both the Michigan Tribunal's Preaco Master Martin Hermansønn and it's Senior Quesitor Master James Alister Min have some of the same ideas about what fitting and practical punishments should be as Jeffry do to my understanding."
"Quite; Master Min is a sympathetic man, I don't think he will judge me too harshly for obtaining results like that."

"It would be if the point was to heal the soul itself, but it will heal slowly but surely the problem is that injuries to the Avatar is extremely painful as you yourself have had the misfortune to...ehrm...discover, so cutting a piece of her soul to patch of the damaged parts might end up just hurting her more...it could potentially help but the pain during the operation itself would be horrendous and she might not make it through that. I have performed such operations in the past, I had a patient with a large hole in his Avatar, he did not know where it was from, he had been born with it, the missing part prevented him from advancing magickally though and I slowly over time removed small bits of Ephimara from his soul, stored them and then once I had enough used them to repair that hole, but that is a bit of a different situation."
"Quite. And mine was not even actually injured, it seems, just... forced out of its shell. The idea was not a bad one, just not applicable in this case."

He bowed politely to the guard, "Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall. Yes, I am with the Boston group, and I was part of the mission that arrested the Nephandus in the cell... I should like another word with her, by Chief Joakim's suggestion, miss...?"

((OOC: My schnookums is home safe. On allergy drugs for a week, but functional again. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Colin grinned, "I should hope so, for his sake. I might take him outside and rough him up a little, or just shoot him at the most. Master Nassa and Adley, though, would be liable to get nasty."

Cita chuckled a little at that.
"You make Mr Roth Hicks sound like an over protective elder brother Mr Wainwright."
She said sounding amused.

"The law is the law, and more senior Magi would probably be quite liable to consider anything short of a deferential attitude a brutal stomp on the first law... and deserving of a counterstomp."

"Yes many Masters of the Art get egos to match their magick prowess and that is not always a good thing when the law side with them in this issue, now one can think what one want about the rule about respecting those of greater knowledge but it is there and can lead to allot of problems if it is broken."
The spirit master said she did not sound to fond of that law herself, but things where what they where.

He grinned, "Well, Master Ir apparently says so, as well, so that's hardly arrogant, then, so long as you don't rest on your laurels. But yes, using him as precedent would probably only hold until she's well enough for a retrial. A stalling tactic. Which is why she would need to make some progress early on..."

"Oh I am not planning to...one day I will be able to put humpty dumpty back together again and be able to help those like Mr Gregario have a life again...that is quite some time of though...but one day..."
The spirit master muttered.
"But yes it is a stalling tactic you are speaking of and it will only work for as long as the girl is to weak to survive an attempt on her Avatar so time will not be on your side to do the impossible Mr Wainwright."

He sighed, "Wise? Most certainly not. It is, however, a fairly well calculated and contemplated gamble; she has already lost her Mentor and Protector, and her Labyrinth is about to fall. She is convinced I am her best chance to survive and keep her magic - an assessment which might well be true - and she's rather, well, desperate. It's almost unethical to exploit that, but when there's this much to gain, including for her..."

"Yes well she might have no other choice than to work with you...however over time if you more or less adopt this child Mr Wainwright you will become fond of her, and then you will be in her trap as well and might loose some perspective...and how will you then deal with it when the most...likely scenario happens?"
Cita asked sounding concerned.

"I will, though there is a chance she's retired to bed now. She might be standing guard over... a rescue. Long, complicated story; might get back to it when we're back for good."

"Yes there is little time for stories right now Mr Wainwright, and it is not important but should you run into Mrs Knox please be kind enough to tell her that I hope she is well."

"Quite; Master Min is a sympathetic man, I don't think he will judge me too harshly for obtaining results like that."

"I have met Master Min a few times he is a good man, he tend to prefer the role of advocate to that of judge though and have gotten some reputation to be good at both that and settling disputes between magi, no I doubt you will get more than a lecture and perhaps the task of helping the Mercere find a new home for their Chantry."

"Quite. And mine was not even actually injured, it seems, just... forced out of its shell. The idea was not a bad one, just not applicable in this case."

"It is not a bad idea can can be used for some things, but in this case it is likely to do more harm than good."
The spirit healer said and sigh.

He bowed politely to the guard, "Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall. Yes, I am with the Boston group, and I was part of the mission that arrested the Nephandus in the cell... I should like another word with her, by Chief Joakim's suggestion, miss...?"

"I see, there should be no problem then Mr Wainwright I was told someone from your group might come to see her again."
The woman said and nodded.
"I am Patricia Tavo third degree member of House Tytalus at your service."
She said politely and inclined her head to you before she opened the door to let you into the cell.

You see that Jerkins is sleeping, she was still tied down to the bed and gagged, her head turned slightly to the side.
"She have been remarkably quiet, she asked for water a while a go and was given something to drink...otherwise she have been mostly just quiet, she would be a heard nut to crack that one."
Patricia muttered about the sleeping Nephandus.
"Good luck Mr Wainwright.

(OOC: That is good to hear Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:25 pm

"You make Mr Roth Hicks sound like an over protective elder brother Mr Wainwright."
Colin grinned, "You would be surprised. Actually, i rather expect you will be surprised... I'll leave that one to Adley, though."

"Yes many Masters of the Art get egos to match their magick prowess and that is not always a good thing when the law side with them in this issue, now one can think what one want about the rule about respecting those of greater knowledge but it is there and can lead to allot of problems if it is broken."
He sighed, "I think that law is ripe for a minor revision, really... Not a fundamental change, but perhaps a rephrasing acknowledging that senior Magi don't necessarily have all the answers, or are necessarily always in the right..."

"Oh I am not planning to...one day I will be able to put humpty dumpty back together again and be able to help those like Mr Gregario have a life again...that is quite some time of though...but one day..."
"Don't be too certain it's far off... I am steadily more inclined to believe my Avatar already did... Granted, there's a difference between restoring a lost Avatar in a living Mage, and reassembling... well... a grim topic..."

"But yes it is a stalling tactic you are speaking of and it will only work for as long as the girl is to weak to survive an attempt on her Avatar so time will not be on your side to do the impossible Mr Wainwright."
"Time might not be on my side, but perhaps my future self will... Ah, that's... where things get more complicated than a Gallifreyan family tree..."

"Yes well she might have no other choice than to work with you...however over time if you more or less adopt this child Mr Wainwright you will become fond of her, and then you will be in her trap as well and might loose some perspective...and how will you then deal with it when the most...likely scenario happens?"
He grimaced, "I will... fight it within the law until the bitter end, like I did for Beatrice... and when the proverbial axe falls, I will be there to hold her hand. I don't expect I'll be able to save her, but she won't go friendless..."

"I have met Master Min a few times he is a good man, he tend to prefer the role of advocate to that of judge though and have gotten some reputation to be good at both that and settling disputes between magi, no I doubt you will get more than a lecture and perhaps the task of helping the Mercere find a new home for their Chantry."
"Actually, after meeting Master Min and Master Tolle, I find it odd to see how far the apple has fallen from the tree in many ways... Yet their dedication to the law seems quite equal, even if their personal inclinations differ greatly. A legal debate between the two would be... interesting."

"I am Patricia Tavo third degree member of House Tytalus at your service."
He smiled, "Ah, a Hermetic, then."

"She have been remarkably quiet, she asked for water a while a go and was given something to drink...otherwise she have been mostly just quiet, she would be a heard nut to crack that one."
He shrugged, "Only if you keep hammering away at the thickest part of the shell. Some nuts are more easily opened by slipping the point of a knife into the seam and gently prying it open..."

He slipped into the room and carefully untied the gag, sitting down beside her, "Hello, Jodelle. Are you awake?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Colin grinned, "You would be surprised. Actually, i rather expect you will be surprised... I'll leave that one to Adley, though."

"I see mysterious now are we not Mr Wainwright. You have got me curious now."

He sighed, "I think that law is ripe for a minor revision, really... Not a fundamental change, but perhaps a rephrasing acknowledging that senior Magi don't necessarily have all the answers, or are necessarily always in the right..."

"Indeed and there also need to be an adjustment in the degree of punishments applicable for breaking the law, to have it as good form to be respectful of more powerful magi I agree with and that you can be scolded or hit over the head with a wet sock for being rude sure, but that a young mage found guilty of being rude to a Master of the Art can be punished with up until Branding, that is far to extreme."

"Don't be too certain it's far off... I am steadily more inclined to believe my Avatar already did... Granted, there's a difference between restoring a lost Avatar in a living Mage, and reassembling... well... a grim topic..."

"A grim topic indeed...I..."
Cita said and trailed of then she was quiet for a moment before asking.
"You suspect it is a splinter cluster then...but you where never thrown into the Umbra before you Awoke did you Mr Wainwright?"
She asked sounding confused.

"Time might not be on my side, but perhaps my future self will... Ah, that's... where things get more complicated than a Gallifreyan family tree..."

"You are hoping for another vision then Mr Wainwright? Something that will give you pointers on how to help the poor child?"

He grimaced, "I will... fight it within the law until the bitter end, like I did for Beatrice... and when the proverbial axe falls, I will be there to hold her hand. I don't expect I'll be able to save her, but she won't go friendless..."

"Well you have proven to be a man that often win your fights Mr Wainwright but I am not so sure in this case, it is a difficult situation. I do hope you succeed in finding a way for the girl to cleanse herself, I do hope that and if not then...well having someone there that do not hate her might be able to offer her some comfort...And if she is this young, perhaps the Mercere will be willing to take her after...though I do not know if that is any kinder than killing her once it is done."

"Actually, after meeting Master Min and Master Tolle, I find it odd to see how far the apple has fallen from the tree in many ways... Yet their dedication to the law seems quite equal, even if their personal inclinations differ greatly. A legal debate between the two would be... interesting."

"Ah yes, those two men do in many ways embody the conflict that have been a part of House Guernicus from way back in the middle ages. Originally the House thought personal judgment shown by each Quesitor had to prevail in a Tribunal and in solving disputes but one respected magus Master Simprim advocated that there had to be a strict adherence to the letter of the law, that only by that could there be fairness in a judgment. House Guernicus split into those who supported Master Simprim's view and those who held the older view that it was the spirit of the law that should be upheld and that cases had to be judged on an individual basis. Master Simprim's faction being the Traditionalists and those who wanted to adhere to Guernicus' original intent of the law being a tool for freedom being the Transitionalists. Master Tolle is a strict adherer to the Traditionalist faction and their philosophies while Master Min is a Transitionalist and yes a legal debate between them would be quite interesting.

He smiled, "Ah, a Hermetic, then."

"Yes that is correct Sir I am a Hermetic."
Patricia said proudly.

He shrugged, "Only if you keep hammering away at the thickest part of the shell. Some nuts are more easily opened by slipping the point of a knife into the seam and gently prying it open..."

"Perhaps so Sir, the woman is a warrior though, she is the enemy though and the Nephandi creep me out so I will be glad when she is sent to Horizon but I can not help but admire her strength, not many would be that calm in her situation."
The hedge wizard said as she opened the door.

He slipped into the room and carefully untied the gag, sitting down beside her, "Hello, Jodelle. Are you awake?"

Jodelle opened her eyes, you saw fear in them but she controlled it and opened and closed her mouth a few time you hear the joints protesting, the gag not exactly beneficial to her jaw, not when kept in this long and she gave a bit of a wince before she gave you a slight smile.
"I am now Mr Wainwright, so to what do I owe this visit?"
She asked then her gaze darkened.
"Are they sending me up to Horizon, is that why I am being woken?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm

I'm alright. Let me tackle him. He said and started to get some speed to try and tackle him.

dex 3 + athletics 1= 4
8, 4, 6, 8

Let me catch the bastard and slit his throat! Tane had rugby in the school, as all new zealanders XD

how much it is to upgrade my Arete?

Last edited by Tane Karyak on Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:59 pm

"Listen, if it is a matter of making those adjustments you mentioned, I am able to do that myself and there is no need to trouble you. It is good to stay with them, given what has been going on, I agree. I'll walk you back to her room," he decided, walking right over to it. "If it turns out we need more assistance we can find someone to watch over them."

// no prob Anja, and that is good new Warp glad she is ok

Last edited by s7trif3 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Adley:

"Listen, if it is a matter of making those adjustments you mentioned, I am able to do that myself and there is no need to trouble you. It is good to stay with them, given what has been going on, I agree. I'll walk you back to her room," he decided, walking right over to it.

Cara hesitated then she gave you a bit of a grateful smile.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks, things being what they are I...I feel silly but I feel the need to protect Meg, protect them both, if you find you need the help do not hesitate to come back and get me, I know it is just an after effect of what that thing...did, but if you think you would be alright making the adjustments on your own I would like to watch over Meg for a little while at least..."

"If it turns out we need more assistance we can find someone to watch over them."

"Thank you I...well do come back if you need my help I know it is just in my mind but she is so small and she is autistic, sometimes I worry for her in this damned war of ours."
Cara muttered softly.

Tane:

I'm alright. Let me tackle him. He said and started to get some speed to try and tackle him.

You start running to catch up to the Nephandus and he tries to outrun you but you manage to catch up to him, he was a handsome man, tall and dark of eye and hair but there was something wrong in those eyes, something just wrong. You do manage to tackle the Nephandus while running, he had not expected that from another mage, and while he stands a good head taller than you, you are far heavier and do bring him to the ground. The Nephandus let out a grunt as he hit the floor then he shouted something in a language that sounded like someone was murdering a drunk cat, and then you felt stings all over your body as if invisible fists where pounding on you all over.

(OOC: Please roll soak for the pounding Tane is taking from the air itself. Also Arete are usually raised by paying exp when one roleplay a Seeking, a sort of internal test where the Mage's understanding grows. I usually do not require exp for it though I rather just have the player focus on playing through the Seeking.We can hold a Seeking for Tane soon, it might not happen right way but he hae been through quite a bit that can lead to further enlightenment so we can have him enter one soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:02 pm

"It is understandable, sodalis. "And it is good to keep an eye on them right now, protect them," he said and waited at the door for her to go back inside. He wanted to make sure all was well before going downstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Cara nodded and gave you another smile.
"I...thank you Sodalis I think I will do that for a while, watch over the girls and protect them, but do make sure you come back if you need my help."
She urged you before she gave you a polite nod and headed into the two small magi's bedroom to sit and watch over them for a while to make sure they where safe as they slept and she closed the door behind her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:32 pm

"I will do so," he agreed. He waited until Cara had gone inside, peering into the rooms to make sure the children were there, that nothing had happened, nothing looked out of place. Then, if it was so, he nodded as the door closed and went downstairs to the ritual rooms.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:38 pm

You see the two little mage girls still sleeping peacefully in their beds, hopefully not knowing that Monday might never come if the Nephandi was not stopped.

You get down to the ritual rooms, the set up of the basement was similar to the one you know from Steelhaven, with the magickal section separate from the practical sections of the basement, there are several ritual rooms down in the stone corridor you now find yourself in, there do not seam to be anyone here so it is likely the small room you have already used are available.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:46 pm

He didn't want Cara to see that her concern had also worried him - or at least set off a reminder of their risk. But he did feel a breath of both relief and renewed purpose seeing them. It was difficult, not feeling safe in one's own home. But safety was to an extent variable and sometimes an illusion. He put stock in Cara's feelings, not that the spirit had not affected her as well. But her House was given to mysteries such as gut feelings and mother's intuition, not to be ignored.

He checked around as he went downstairs for Daisy or any of her crew as he went through the different floors, meaning to send her a note if he didn't see her regarding the vampire's phone.

At the basement, he turned into the ritual room nearest the node and then went over Cara's suggestions. And then for a brief moment he just stood there, took a deep breath and let it out. There was no one watching him, at least other than the normal complement of spirits that resided at the chantry (that had been a bit of a shock, when he first realised that spirits could be everywhere, had always been there and he'd just not been able to tell until he awakened, but he'd gotten used to it and now found many of their presences reassuring ). His avatar was upset, wanted to burn Carmon's former mentor, now sire (who was it? What was his former host's name that knew Carmon so well)...and Abigail...and now Matty was added to a list of people that needed to be dealt with. The little spirit shard inside of them was still there, a tiny bit of hope. But it was a lot to manage at once, all that had happened and needed to be done - he needed to ground himself.

He began the banishing ritual as he had before but considering the added resonances that were affecting him, and also his upset spirit(s), he added Cara's suggestions in to allow those parts of himself to integrate better and balance. That way, they could focus on the next challenges, banishing down some of the fiery dynamism to a level he could cope with, settling his spiritual center.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:10 pm

He checked around as he went downstairs for Daisy or any of her crew as he went through the different floors, meaning to send her a note if he didn't see her regarding the vampire's phone.

You find Deaconess Darnell in the dining room, she sat with a tall, man with uncertain eyes and a beautiful person with both male and female qualities to their gender in long flowing pale robes, this person looked nervous like if they expected others to do them harm.

He began the banishing ritual as he had before but considering the added resonances that were affecting him, and also his upset spirit(s), he added Cara's suggestions in to allow those parts of himself to integrate better and balance. That way, they could focus on the next challenges, banishing down some of the fiery dynamism to a level he could cope with, settling his spiritual center.

You go through the Lesser Banishing Ritual but adjust it to use it to balance your energies, banishing fire instead of earth trying to calm the Dynamism within. Again the gentle flow of Quintessence as you perform the simple ritual seam to calm your Avatar a little but she was still pissed, and she was despairing over Carmon and borrowing your emotions to do so, you do feel more clear headed though, at least a little, more balanced out, even if that grief and anger is still there but you do feel like you manage to balance yourself better though as long as you are carrying that Umbrood shard and as long as your soul is this upset balancing your Resonances was probably going to be a task that needed to be attended to frequently.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:30 pm

You find Deaconess Darnell in the dining room, she sat with a tall, man with uncertain eyes and a beautiful person with both male and female qualities to their gender in long flowing pale robes, this person looked nervous like if they expected others to do them harm.

He ducked into the dining room and glanced at the newcomer with curiosity, though he did not wish to make them uncomfortable so he did not stare, especially as they seemed on edge to boot. "Pardon me, Deaconess, and...I am sorry I do not know your preferred address," he said to the person she was seated with, in an apologetic tone. Still, considering everything he had found out he didn't feel the arrival of this newcomer to be a coincidence.

After he had completed the ritual, he gave himself a minute to settle all the feelings that were brought up from the past. He didn't try to push them away this time though not run amok either, just allowed them to be acknowledged and then plan for what might be done about it, considering Carmon's request and where they were at in the many complications that had been thrown at them. Then he checked on the time or to see if anyone had contacted him to come back to talk to the elementals, before seeing if he had time to check in with Adjan or the nosferatu vampire that had been transferred over.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

He ducked into the dining room and glanced at the newcomer with curiosity, though he did not wish to make them uncomfortable so he did not stare, especially as they seemed on edge to boot.

The man looked at you as you came over, he was tall and thin with mouse gray hair the most unusual part of his look though was that he had one gray and one blue eye, the man at least seamed somewhat curious about you as well if uncertain, while the other person who's gender you cold not fully place halfway hid behind Daisy. The Deaconess looked up as you came over though and inclined her head to you.
"Mr Roth Hicks what can I do for you?"
The cyborg asked politely.

"Pardon me, Deaconess, and...I am sorry I do not know your preferred address," he said to the person she was seated with, in an apologetic tone. Still, considering everything he had found out he didn't feel the arrival of this newcomer to be a coincidence.

"Ah yes, forgive me, these are members of my Chantry, please allow me to introduce Rodger Bryne Hermes bani Tytalus."
She said and the tall man with the mouse brown hair stood and offered his hand in greeting though he still looked nervous.
"I am pleased to meet you."
He said and glanced at you and offered a hint of a smile. Daisy waited for a moment then she indicated the other person at the table, this one was a woman...perhaps, in either case they where of exquisite beauty looking almost frail and ethereal with long, fair hair and soulful blue eyes.
"And this is Anat Levine bani Verbena and Hermes bani Solificati."
She said and the frail looking creature that was half hiding behind her looked at you and nervously extended a thin hand towards you to greet you.
"How do you do..."
She if she was a she whispered, you notice that around her wrist she had tattoos of vines that tried to hide the scars after ligature marks.

After he had completed the ritual, he gave himself a minute to settle all the feelings that were brought up from the past. He didn't try to push them away this time though not run amok either, just allowed them to be acknowledged and then plan for what might be done about it, considering Carmon's request and where they were at in the many complications that had been thrown at them. Then he checked on the time or to see if anyone had contacted him to come back to talk to the elementals, before seeing if he had time to check in with Adjan or the nosferatu vampire that had been transferred over.

No one had contacted you yet. The time was 03 05 in the night, probably both Colin and Chief Joakim would be busy with their own tasks for a while so you probably had the time to speak with Adjan and perhaps also to try to communicate with the Nosferatu as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:55 pm

(OOC: Tane can not get into the forum on his phone and asked me to post this reply from him on here for him. I will mark the text from him in italics than my own reply to him to avoid confusion.)

Tane tried to ignore the pounding and with a grunt he tried to use his weight to prevent him from running as he used his sword to stab the man in the side.
No more talking for you, fucker Tañe said as he reached for the man's throat.

Anja, i want to know if i can:
-Stab him as i bite him in the throat
-Bite his throat so he can speak no more (and maybe he bleeds out to death)
-Kick him in the groin
I don't know if it's posible, or even between the grunting if i can move,. If not, then he would just start strangling him so he can't talk.

I asked because many people ask you to play, you enter the seeking and if you don't pass then you lose the xp. What i want to do is advance with that and start learning spirit 4 and start helping cita (and anyone) with avatar healing. I'd like to learn life toó to get a familiar to help me
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:56 pm

Tane:

Tane tried to ignore the pounding and with a grunt he tried to use his weight to prevent him from running as he used his sword to stab the man in the side.

You are more or less laying over the Nephandus now after you tackled him to the floor. You manage to stab your sword into the man's side and the Nephandus cry out in pain as the teethed sword go in and the blows pummeling you grow weaker as the mage conjuring them lost concentrating for a moment due to pain.
"Fuck!"
The Nephandus exclaims ever so eloquently though it did express exactly his thoughts about the situation.
"Fucking Traditionalist!"

"No more talking for you, fucker" Tañe said as he reached for the man's throat.

You try to actually bite though the Nephandus' throat to stop him from using his verbal focus to channel his magick, human skin and musculature and sinew are though though and human beings just do not have teeth intended to rend flesh, breaking skin yes, ripping out his windpipes though that is more of a feat.

(OOC: You are on top of the man so I will allow Tane to both try to bite the Nephandus to shut him up and stab him at the same time yes. I would require a Strength plus brawl roll for the bite through diff 8. I will assume you manage to stab the man you are right there on top of him so it is not like he can dodge much so you can just go ahead and roll damage for that. Kicking him in the groin as well might be stretching it a bit far, if you want to take three actions as once I will need a Dex plus brawl roll as well just to see if Tane's coordination can pull it off.)

(OOC 2: I tend to not require an exp expenditure for Arete it require roleplaying through the seeking not points. A Seeking can still be failed and then there is generally some time before the mage will enter into one again and if he fails badly there might be psychological or worse consequences but no he will not loose exp. His plans for Sphere development sounds reasonable to his character though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:13 pm

"Mr Roth Hicks what can I do for you?" The cyborg asked politely.

"Forgive me for interrupting, but I was told to pass on the Chief's accolades as well as ask if you had found out anything further regarding our last mission. If you have, could you please let the Chief know what you found out? I don't want to discuss it out here, in open," he explained. "No offense meant to your associates meant, of course."

"Ah yes, forgive me, these are members of my Chantry, please allow me to introduce Rodger Bryne Hermes bani Tytalus."
She said and the tall man with the mouse brown hair stood and offered his hand in greeting though he still looked nervous.
"I am pleased to meet you."

"Well met, sodalis," he said and looked at the proffered hand and then reached out to return the gesture.

"And this is Anat Levine bani Verbena and Hermes bani Solificati." She said and the frail looking creature that was half hiding behind her looked at you and nervously extended a thin hand towards you to greet you. "How do you do..." She if she was a she whispered, you notice that around her wrist she had tattoos of vines that tried to hide the scars after ligature marks.

He gave a nod of his head to Anat and then reached out an open hand towards her, allowing her to take his hand only if she wanted to do so, palm upwards. "Unfortunately quite busy; do forgive me if I cannot stay overlong," he said apologetically.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:28 pm

"Forgive me for interrupting, but I was told to pass on the Chief's accolades as well as ask if you had found out anything further regarding our last mission. If you have, could you please let the Chief know what you found out? I don't want to discuss it out here, in open," he explained. "No offense meant to your associates meant, of course."

"Not much other than having some copied information from a phone, I will bring it to Chief Joakim at once, and I do understand your caution Mr Roth Hicks. I trust my Chantrymates with my life but you do not know them so being careful where information is shared only makes sense."
Daisy said and nodded.

"Well met, sodalis," he said and looked at the proffered hand and then reached out to return the gesture.

"Well met."
Rodger said and took your hand, his grip was firm but he looked uneasy, his eyes had an expression in them not unlike that of a dog that expected to be beaten.

He gave a nod of his head to Anat and then reached out an open hand towards her, allowing her to take his hand only if she wanted to do so, palm upwards. "Unfortunately quite busy; do forgive me if I cannot stay overlong," he said apologetically.

Anat took your hand but only briefly and very lightly before nervously stepping back again giving you a bit of an uncertain smile.
"Off course Mr Roth Hicks to not let me keep you and please do forgive my Chantrymates for their behavior they are not used to being outside Flamingo and among other mages."
Daisy said apologetically.
"I will get that information to Chief Joakim at once."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:39 pm

(OOC: Again Tane's player can not get into the forum properly on his phone so I am copy pasting his post for him.)

(No groin then XD
Strenght ⁴+brawl 0
7 9. 1 8

Sword damage 7
9 10 6 2 3 4 3 7)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:42 pm

You are not sure how much damage you do on the Nephandus with the sword but you do manage to get it rather far into his midsection. The man do not expect you to try to bite at his windpipe to stop hum from uttering magickal words, and it is not exactly easy and you crush more than you tear, but you do manage to do a fair bit of damage and you hear no more chanting from the man though he do try to get his arms up so he can reach for you wish his hands as he do his best to grab you, get you away from his throat and then headbutt you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:54 pm

"Not much other than having some copied information from a phone, I will bring it to Chief Joakim at once, and I do understand your caution Mr Roth Hicks. I trust my Chantrymates with my life but you do not know them so being careful where information is shared only makes sense."

"Thank you," he said.

"Well met." Rodger said and took your hand, his grip was firm but he looked uneasy, his eyes had an expression in them not unlike that of a dog that expected to be beaten

"Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau," he said, giving his hand a shake in return. He could not imagine what had given a Tytalus a look in his eyes like that - they were a House known for pure force of will. It was disconcerting, likewise Anat's scars that he noticed as he took her hand gently and then released it. Whatever had happened to them had been traumatic.

"Off course Mr Roth Hicks to not let me keep you and please do forgive my Chantrymates for their behavior they are not used to being outside Flamingo and among other mages."

"There is nothing to apologize for, ma'am, with regards to their behavior," he said. Then he glanced at them and gave them each a nod as he was about to leave. "If you'll excuse me," he said. "Do take care of one another, stick together" he added and then headed back on his way.

After he'd settled himself he debated which needed to be attended to and decided that he would try to speak with Adjan first. At least if he had a clear plan perhaps his avatar would relax or come to some understanding. Also, he wanted to keep whatever he might find out with the vampire fresh in his mind when he went back to see the Chief.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:10 pm

"I see mysterious now are we not Mr Wainwright. You have got me curious now."
Colin grinned, "Patience, doctor... I'm sure Adley will elaborate in due time."

"You suspect it is a splinter cluster then...but you where never thrown into the Umbra before you Awoke did you Mr Wainwright?"
"No, I don't believe so. In fact, I do believe the first time I actually stepped through to the other side was this past week... but I think it is more than just a cluster; it has a consciousness at its core - a... sad lady, apparently."

"You are hoping for another vision then Mr Wainwright? Something that will give you pointers on how to help the poor child?"
He smiled wryly, "I haven't ruled out actual time travel yet... Future me may well decide that bodily abducting the girl from the present will be worth the consequences then... I imagine the judicial hearings over such a stunt would become a thing of legend, though... But yes, a future memory might be an asset, one way or the other. In any case, it is just as plausible she won't survive the week... Pattern damage to internal organs; that's not going to make it easy..."

"Well you have proven to be a man that often win your fights Mr Wainwright but I am not so sure in this case, it is a difficult situation. I do hope you succeed in finding a way for the girl to cleanse herself, I do hope that and if not then...well having someone there that do not hate her might be able to offer her some comfort...And if she is this young, perhaps the Mercere will be willing to take her after...though I do not know if that is any kinder than killing her once it is done."
He smiled wryly, "I have no reason to believe I will always win, but I hope I will never simply lay down my weapons and bend over to wait for defeat. On any battlefield of any scope and scale."

"Ah yes, those two men do in many ways embody the conflict that have been a part of House Guernicus from way back in the middle ages. Originally the House thought personal judgment shown by each Quesitor had to prevail in a Tribunal and in solving disputes but one respected magus Master Simprim advocated that there had to be a strict adherence to the letter of the law, that only by that could there be fairness in a judgment. House Guernicus split into those who supported Master Simprim's view and those who held the older view that it was the spirit of the law that should be upheld and that cases had to be judged on an individual basis. Master Simprim's faction being the Traditionalists and those who wanted to adhere to Guernicus' original intent of the law being a tool for freedom being the Transitionalists. Master Tolle is a strict adherer to the Traditionalist faction and their philosophies while Master Min is a Transitionalist and yes a legal debate between them would be quite interesting.
"So Master Min explained... I must admit, I favour the Transitionalist view, as that allows for extenuating circumstances, although it's quite clear that it was the Traditionalist interpretation that saved Beatrice..."

"Perhaps so Sir, the woman is a warrior though, she is the enemy though and the Nephandi creep me out so I will be glad when she is sent to Horizon but I can not help but admire her strength, not many would be that calm in her situation."
He nodded, "I think, perhaps, she's glad to have found a compassionate kindred spirit here, just before the end... She knows what is coming, and she's found a silver lining to it. That does help calm the mind, I suppose... and, yes, it's quite plausible that she has some sneaky escape planned, so we mustn't lower our guard."

"I am now Mr Wainwright, so to what do I owe this visit?"
She asked then her gaze darkened.
"Are they sending me up to Horizon, is that why I am being woken?"
He smiled thinly, "No, it is not yet time for that. It's more of a personal visit, actually. I just met Matty; she's got the most peculiar little Avatar, and it seemed... afraid of me. So I would like to know, what does your Avatar say? What sort of perception does it have of mine?"
He glanced around, "Admittedly, it might be hard to get a clear word in in here, but another of your Labyrinth was able to comment on it, too, despite being cuffed with Primium at the time..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:50 pm

Adley:

"Thank you," he said.

Daisy nodded.
"It is no bother Mr Roth Hicks."

"Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau," he said, giving his hand a shake in return. He could not imagine what had given a Tytalus a look in his eyes like that - they were a House known for pure force of will. It was disconcerting, likewise Anat's scars that he noticed as he took her hand gently and then released it. Whatever had happened to them had been traumatic.

"Flambeau is a strong, noble House Sodalis."
Rodger said and nodded a bit in recognition, you notice that he places himself so he could always get between you and his two Chantrymates if there where any trouble, this man knew how to fight, despite the nervous look in his eyes."

"There is nothing to apologize for, ma'am, with regards to their behavior," he said. Then he glanced at them and gave them each a nod as he was about to leave. "If you'll excuse me," he said. "Do take care of one another, stick together" he added and then headed back on his way.

"We will stick together Mr Roth Hicks, and you take care as well and be safe."
Daisy said and the two other mages gave you slight nods. Anat again hiding behind Daisy and Rodger having that half fearful, half frightened look in his eyes. Flamingo was a Chantry of outcasts and it did seam like life had not treated these two willworkers kindly.

After he'd settled himself he debated which needed to be attended to and decided that he would try to speak with Adjan first. At least if he had a clear plan perhaps his avatar would relax or come to some understanding. Also, he wanted to keep whatever he might find out with the vampire fresh in his mind when he went back to see the Chief.

You go to look for your Euthanatos friend and find him on his way up the stairs with a coffee pot in his hands.
"Ah Adley, I was just bringing some more coffee up to Dr Lee who is watching over Miss Bergen at the moment so Fran can get some more rest, she needs it."
He said and it was clear he was concerned about the other death magus.
"How are you holding up after that...spirit...attacked us?"
He asked in a softer tone of voice and shuddered his eyes getting darker.
"Bloody thing..."

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Patience, doctor... I'm sure Adley will elaborate in due time."

"Oh he better."
Cita joked again sounding amused.

"No, I don't believe so. In fact, I do believe the first time I actually stepped through to the other side was this past week... but I think it is more than just a cluster; it has a consciousness at its core - a... sad lady, apparently."

"A sad lady you say...interesting."
Cita said.
"Well it really do no good to speculate what you describe about your Avarar seams...fantastical, we will know more once I have had a chance to examine it."

He smiled wryly, "I haven't ruled out actual time travel yet... Future me may well decide that bodily abducting the girl from the present will be worth the consequences then... I imagine the judicial hearings over such a stunt would become a thing of legend, though...

"I bet that would give some poor Enforcer a headache yes. Time travel while possible are dangerous though, it upsets reality to a great degree, the Paradox from such a feat are often quite unpleasant and most mages who have tried significant backwards time travel have not survived the attempts, at least their sanity have not survived."

But yes, a future memory might be an asset, one way or the other. In any case, it is just as plausible she won't survive the week... Pattern damage to internal organs; that's not going to make it easy..."

"Pattern damage that will soon manifest as wounds or illness in the afflicted area, that means there is indeed a good chance the young lady will die before her legal status becomes an issue, poor girl...how is she doing now?"
Cita muttered.

He smiled wryly, "I have no reason to believe I will always win, but I hope I will never simply lay down my weapons and bend over to wait for defeat. On any battlefield of any scope and scale."

"That is an good attitude to have Mr Wainwright and no, you will not always win, but you are a resourceful man and that always better your chances."

"So Master Min explained... I must admit, I favour the Transitionalist view, as that allows for extenuating circumstances, although it's quite clear that it was the Traditionalist interpretation that saved Beatrice..."

"I more believe in a balance between the two, a law completely open to interpretation leaves the door wide open for injustice and judgments bases more on the ego and preferences of the judge than at the law that have been violated, but a to strict view with no room to suit punishments to the circumstances of the individual become to cold and there is then a risk that punishments will be doled out where they are not needed. Let us take an imagined example of a Hermetic who are trying to cross the road and a demon step up in front of her, she tell it to get out of her way and the demon complies, a Traditionalist will then say, this woman have dealt with demons as strictly speaking she have, and a Traditionalist will then not see any difference between telling a demon to get out of the way and it complying and sacrificing babies to make a demonic pact, both are dealing with demons and carry the same punishment. A Transitionalist however will say that the exchange between our imagined Hermetic and a demon in the street was not what was the intention behind the law against diabolism...there have to be a balance between the two."

He nodded, "I think, perhaps, she's glad to have found a compassionate kindred spirit here, just before the end... She knows what is coming, and she's found a silver lining to it. That does help calm the mind, I suppose... and, yes, it's quite plausible that she has some sneaky escape planned, so we mustn't lower our guard."

"No we must not lower our guard not for a moment."
Patricia agreed then she looked into the cell.
"She knows? Poor woman, still it makes it more impressive that she is managing to stay calm, I am just a linear mage but I know that if someone where going to try to snuff out my Gift I would be in a complete panic and I suspect a Awakned mage will fear it even more...well she is a tough cookie indeed...if only she had been on our side eh Sir..."

He smiled thinly, "No, it is not yet time for that. It's more of a personal visit, actually. I just met Matty; she's got the most peculiar little Avatar, and it seemed... afraid of me. So I would like to know, what does your Avatar say? What sort of perception does it have of mine?"

"Ah Matty...what sort of trouble have she gotten herself into? Is she head or captured?"
Jodelle asked and glanced at you then she pondered your question for a moment.
"My Avatar is...afraid, I feel him less in here with the magick dampening wards on this room, but he is afraid...and and the same time he is elevated, he think you are here to consume him, and he would rather be eaten than to ripped apart in front of a leering crowd."
Jodelle said and paused to get her emotions under control her eyes full of fear for a moment.
"And I agree with him..."
She muttered.
"That would be better and more appropriate."

He glanced around, "Admittedly, it might be hard to get a clear word in in here, but another of your Labyrinth was able to comment on it, too, despite being cuffed with Primium at the time..."

"Well our Avatars are still there inside of this room, this place blocks Quintessence, preventing magick from being used and it is claustrophobic and quite frankly frustrating, but my Avatar is still there inside of me, it is like this you still feel your legs even if you are laid in irons and are unable to run."
The Nephandus said.
"So why do my soul think you are going to eat him Mr Wainwright...and are you?"
She asked fearfully.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next