Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

4 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 16 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Colin cackled softly, "Nothing harmful, unless there are any bad allergies I should be made aware of..."

"No allergies that I know of. I do not think Ty drinks milk but I think he can eat milk products."
Ingmar said though he still was looking at you a bit skeptically.
"I guess we have to wait and see what this mystery dessert is then..."

He smiled, "Well, I am a quite skilled silversmith, after a couple of decades... And I do offer discounts on work for Chantry members; I do commissions. And there's nothing wrong with single-purpose Foci - they would be better for honing a singular spell than something more generally-purposed, I suppose."

"Hum...I think I will have to employ your services then for some engraving work for some of my own foci, some conjure talismans are made in metal and then engraved, I have a engraving machine, but my skills are nowhere near yours. I do get that at times attuning a spell to a foci works very well, though it might not have the same practicality as a more general one."
Dion said and nodded.

He nodded, "I suppose it would be rude to just cheerfully mess around with the immediate realities of someone else's apartment unbidden..."

"It would indeed be rude Mr Wainwright."
Dion said and nodded.

He grinned and stood at attention, saluting sharply, "For the honor of the Queen, miss. The Empire may have fallen, but that's no reason to let standards slip."

Dion grinned and followed up with your joke by making a deep curtsy, done perfectly, probably she had gone to charm school or some dance academy. Jane giggled a little at your display. Dion smiled again.
"Off course kind Sir, we do need some standards."
She said.

(OCC: I am not sure I would want Nephandi perfume even if my husband would probably have been a widderslainte if the World of Darkness had been real. Razz I am glad to hear you are both safe yes, the weather is not perfect in Bergen right now I hear.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 16 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:26 pm

"I guess we have to wait and see what this mystery dessert is then..."
Colin smirked, "Indeed, I'm ever looking forward to it."

"Hum...I think I will have to employ your services then for some engraving work for some of my own foci, some conjure talismans are made in metal and then engraved, I have a engraving machine, but my skills are nowhere near yours. I do get that at times attuning a spell to a foci works very well, though it might not have the same practicality as a more general one."
Colin shrugged, "What you might lose in flexibility, you gain in power and precision. It's a trade-off one needs to consider in advance; no more, no less."

"Off course kind Sir, we do need some standards."
"Quite; that said, I must be off. Fallen to capture, Labyrinths to tear apart, Cauls to reduce to puddles of gun, that sort of thing... Good night, and sleep well."
He gave a quick bow, and headed off to the ritual room, sitting down to meditate and wait for Adley...

((OOC: I suppose the Euthanatos Eau de Mort would be rather disturbing, as well... Wink The weather when leaving Bergen was a bit meh. An hour out, in a bit more open sea, that was when it started getting wrinkly.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:46 am

"There are other bad spirits?" The tiny umbrood asked and looked up fearfully. "Rolly do not like bad spirits, he do not like bad spirits at all."

"I don't see any right now nor do I think that particular one is coming back, but there may be others. Be careful, friend."

"He said her name is Martha, physical beings have so strange names, and that all the ones with fire Rolly can not touch inside in the same house where Curly lives have her captive, he wanted Rolly to find her and tell him where she was exactly, but Rolly did not do it for he thinks Mistress would not like it."

Adley frowned. If that was true, he felt bad for the spirit caught up in the middle of it. "I see. I am glad that you did not help the dark eyed one. Can you describe his physical form? what his leaves looked like, for example," he said, patting at his hair.

"Rolly was scared and the man had a summoning circle, he would force Rolly and Rolly do not like it when those with fire inside do that, but he got sloppy and there was a opening in the circle where a stone broke the line and so Rolly ran as fast as he could and hid where it felt like home..."
The little spirit said and started crying compost tears again, he had not idea of time so remembering something traumatic was the same as experiencing it the first time. "Rolly do not like that now..."

"That was not very good of him to do to you," he agreed. "I am glad you got away, that was smart of you to hurry away when you got the opportunity, you are not in that now though it has passed and you are not in that circle," he reminded him gently so he would be a little less distressed.

"Rolly call her Mistress and she feed him and pet him and give him good compost to make into earth and fertilizer...but those with fire inside that live in the same house call her Dorothy or Deaconess, I do not know her true name." The gaffling said still with it's twig thumb in it's mouth. He was speaking about Dorothy Haven then probably, the Deacon Prima of Chantry Riverside.

"I am sure you are very good at making compost," he said, trying to cheer the gaffling up. "I will see if I can tell her. But first you may have to be looked over to make sure the grey spirit did not poison you or anything else bad, so we can help you get well again."

// glad you got home safe, have a great holiday and hopefully the boat ride home is smoother sailing!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:26 am

Colin:

Colin smirked, "Indeed, I'm ever looking forward to it."

Ingmar just gave you a bit of a look.
"I see...well I should get this ritual going so I will talk with you later Mr Wainwright."
He muttered.

Colin shrugged, "What you might lose in flexibility, you gain in power and precision. It's a trade-off one needs to consider in advance; no more, no less."

"Agreed."
Dion said and nodded.
"In my path though I often create a specific focus for a specific spell to work with a specific saint, it is just how things are done."

"Quite; that said, I must be off. Fallen to capture, Labyrinths to tear apart, Cauls to reduce to puddles of gun, that sort of thing... Good night, and sleep well."
He gave a quick bow, and headed off to the ritual room, sitting down to meditate and wait for Adley...

"I would say stay safe Mr Wainwright but what you are doing is hardly safe now is it?"
Dion said and sigh.
"So I will say I hope you return uninjured and good luck Mr Wainwright."
She added. Jane smiles to you and waved goodbye.
"Good night Sir, thank you for lending me your book."
The little girl said as you left.

You got down to the ritual room, there was no one there yet, though you did see some of the mages on guard duty on the way, specifically Arn and Ty who both gave you polite nods. There was silence in the ritual room and having a few moments just to meditate and be in peace would probably do you good.

Adley:

"I don't see any right now nor do I think that particular one is coming back, but there may be others. Be careful, friend."

"Rolly will be careful, Rolly is always careful for he is small."
The little ball of compost said and nodded in agreement.

Adley frowned. If that was true, he felt bad for the spirit caught up in the middle of it. "I see. I am glad that you did not help the dark eyed one. Can you describe his physical form? what his leaves looked like, for example," he said, patting at his hair.

"His leaves where withered by illness so they would not make good compost to nourish new life, but you could not see this when looking at him. He was white on the outside and wore plants spun into threads like you do. His eyes where blue pebbles and the grass on his head was the same color hay have before Rolly can degrade it. He had marks on him from when the spirit of all the humans had punished him, it is a cruel spirit and will hurt those that act against it."
Rolly said sucking on his twig thumb.
"He scared Rolly...scary man..."

"That was not very good of him to do to you," he agreed. "I am glad you got away, that was smart of you to hurry away when you got the opportunity, you are not in that now though it has passed and you are not in that circle," he reminded him gently so he would be a little less distressed.

"It is all part of the now...Rolly are in that circle...Rolly is scared, Rolly want Mistress...Mistress do not hurt Rolly or try to force him to do things."
The little spirit wept and looked up at you compost rolling down his cheeks.
"Many of those with fire inside would hurt those like Rolly, force us to do things against our will, we do not like that."

"I am sure you are very good at making compost," he said, trying to cheer the gaffling up.

That did cheer the little umbrood up and he stopped crying.
"Rolly is very good at making compost, it is what he is. He is the compost heap behind Mistress' house, it is good, he makes good compost that make's Mistress' roses grow, old life for new life, that is how it should be."
He said proudly.

"I will see if I can tell her. But first you may have to be looked over to make sure the grey spirit did not poison you or anything else bad, so we can help you get well again."

"Rolly do not mind being looked at. Many of those that look at Rolly think he is cute, that often makes treats appear, cuteness create treats like roses grow from the earth, it is the way things are."
The little ball of dead leaves declared.
"Rolly do not feel sick but he can be looked at it do not disturb what Rolly is...you will tell Mistress so Rolly can get back home, Rolley got so scared he forgot the way."
The little gaffling said sounding dismayed.

(OOC: Happy holidays all of you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:37 am

"In my path though I often create a specific focus for a specific spell to work with a specific saint, it is just how things are done."
Colin nodded, "There's a reason why the separate saints have their own coins, medallions and icons, I expect - it wouldn't do to pray to St Jude while fidgeting with a St. Christopher, after all. In a mundane sense, I suppose it would be like calling a member of Riverside Chantry to speak with someone at Lux Itineris..."

"I would say stay safe Mr Wainwright but what you are doing is hardly safe now is it?"
Dion said and sigh.
"So I will say I hope you return uninjured and good luck Mr Wainwright."
He shrugged, "I'll try to stay relatively safe; preferably more relative to the Nephandi than the people by whose side I'll be fighting. We do have some cards up our sleeves, and possibly even the element of surprise."

"Good night Sir, thank you for lending me your book."
He smiled and waved back, "You're welcome. And a bright girl like you might even write up a little book report on it after, hmm?"
He gave Dion a wink, "Always good to stimulate learning by doing, after all."

You got down to the ritual room, there was no one there yet, though you did see some of the mages on guard duty on the way, specifically Arn and Ty who both gave you polite nods. There was silence in the ritual room and having a few moments just to meditate and be in peace would probably do you good.
He nodded back to Arn and Ty, and sat down in the ritual chamber, taking the time to build a mental map of the Labyrinth in Chicago, based on the maps, directions and descriptions he'd been given, taking careful note of where Nodes and storage rooms were located, as well as which personal rooms would be more or less likely to be empty due to dead or worse residents...

((OOC: Happy holidays!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Colin nodded, "There's a reason why the separate saints have their own coins, medallions and icons, I expect - it wouldn't do to pray to St Jude while fidgeting with a St. Christopher, after all. In a mundane sense, I suppose it would be like calling a member of Riverside Chantry to speak with someone at Lux Itineris..."

"Yes though the talismans use specific symbolism associated with the saints and what they do and then magick is used to contact them and ask for their aid through those talismans, when there is better time I can show you some examples of such talismans Mr Wainwright."
Dion said and smiled.
"But yes using the wrong symbols and medallions is indeed like dialing the wrong number, you are correct in that."

He shrugged, "I'll try to stay relatively safe; preferably more relative to the Nephandi than the people by whose side I'll be fighting. We do have some cards up our sleeves, and possibly even the element of surprise."

"I wish I could help you Sir but other than a curse or two I am not much of a combat mage so I might be more useful helping out here at Steelhaven. I do wish you the best of luck. May the saints watch over you Mr Wainwright."

He smiled and waved back, "You're welcome. And a bright girl like you might even write up a little book report on it after, hmm?"

"I can do that Mr Wainwright."
Jane promised and smiled as she climbed into bed and looked over her choice of plush toys before selecting a white plush spider toy and laid down in bed.
"Good night Sir."
She said and smiled to you.

He gave Dion a wink, "Always good to stimulate learning by doing, after all."

"Indeed Mr Wainwright and I am sure her Mentor will approve."
Dion said and nodded.

He nodded back to Arn and Ty, and sat down in the ritual chamber, taking the time to build a mental map of the Labyrinth in Chicago, based on the maps, directions and descriptions he'd been given, taking careful note of where Nodes and storage rooms were located, as well as which personal rooms would be more or less likely to be empty due to dead or worse residents...

(OOC: Can you give me a roll for this please just to see just how well Colin will be able to memorize the bits of information. Let us say Intelligence plus Investigation or unless you think another stat is more appropriate. Diff 8.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:21 pm

"Yes though the talismans use specific symbolism associated with the saints and what they do and then magick is used to contact them and ask for their aid through those talismans, when there is better time I can show you some examples of such talismans Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "I'd like that - any opportunity to expand my craft; mundane or magical..."

"I wish I could help you Sir but other than a curse or two I am not much of a combat mage so I might be more useful helping out here at Steelhaven. I do wish you the best of luck. May the saints watch over you Mr Wainwright."
"If there were none left behind to take care of home and hearth, what would the warriors be left fighting for? Thank you."

((OOC: Int+Investigation seems the most appropriate for organizing information like this. 2,2,8,9,0... Oooooo. Very Happy By the way, would it be okay to pick up another Merit - a Parlor Trick - at this stage, or is that frowned upon? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Colin nodded, "I'd like that - any opportunity to expand my craft; mundane or magical..."

Dion nodded and gave you smile.
"I will come by your shop as soon as things calm down around here then."
She promised.

"If there were none left behind to take care of home and hearth, what would the warriors be left fighting for? Thank you."

Dion nodded then she sigh.
"I just wish I could be of more help, but I guess things are what they are and all I can do is what I can do."

(OOC: You manage to memorize all the bits and pieces of information. You get a pretty good idea about the layout of the outer part of the Labyrinth.)

(OOC 2: It depends, what would be the in game reason for this merit popping up, alternatively if you want it I can make some scene or mini plot to explain it, or it could be a new quirk Colin picks up during the game.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:22 pm

"I just wish I could be of more help, but I guess things are what they are and all I can do is what I can do."
Colin nodded, "There's no shame in not being a warrior. As a veteran, I'd put the lives of couriers, healers, carers and everyone else back home above my own. Being able to fight is good, but having something or someone to fight for is even more important."

((OOC: I'm thinking of some subtle Correspondence-based trick - "Perfect Image" or similarly named trick, which basically lets Colin always get the scale and measurements right in freehand when he draws something he's seen - to the point of drawing fractals or whole cityscapes without more tools than a stable sheet of paper and a pen. It would basically be a simple progression from what he largely already has been doing, and would not extend to more than photo-accurate reproductions of already observed things, rather than creative works. So no using it to, say, create a perfectly balanced pendant in the workshop, though it could be used to create a perfect graven image in a medallion. It would probably be most suitable to pick it up alongside Correspondence 2.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:33 pm

"His leaves where withered by illness so they would not make good compost to nourish new life, but you could not see this when looking at him. He was white on the outside and wore plants spun into threads like you do. His eyes where blue pebbles and the grass on his head was the same color hay have before Rolly can degrade it. He had marks on him from when the spirit of all the humans had punished him, it is a cruel spirit and will hurt those that act against it." Rolly said sucking on his twig thumb. "He scared Rolly...scary man..."

"I see, that is a good description."

"It is all part of the now...Rolly are in that circle...Rolly is scared, Rolly want Mistress...Mistress do not hurt Rolly or try to force him to do things."
The little spirit wept and looked up at you compost rolling down his cheeks. "Many of those with fire inside would hurt those like Rolly, force us to do things against our will, we do not like that."

He sighed. "I know it feels like now when you think of that now. But now we are talking in a different now."

"Rolly is very good at making compost, it is what he is. He is the compost heap behind Mistress' house, it is good, he makes good compost that make's Mistress' roses grow, old life for new life, that is how it should be."

He smiled a little. "That sounds very good."

"Rolly do not mind being looked at. Many of those that look at Rolly think he is cute, that often makes treats appear, cuteness create treats like roses grow from the earth, it is the way things are." The little ball of dead leaves declared. "Rolly do not feel sick but he can be looked at it do not disturb what Rolly is...you will tell Mistress so Rolly can get back home, Rolley got so scared he forgot the way."

His smile grew a little bit at the statement about being cute and how it produced treats as the 'way that it was'. "You are very cute," he agreed. "I will see if it is good to tell your Mistress, if I can do so. And we will see if you are sick or bad things have been done to you first so it is safe. For this now though be careful of the dark eyed ones and bad spirits. Be well friend," he said.

// lol @ Colin's 'questionable' culinary choices used to tease people.  This cartoon reminded me of Colin's misadventures with temporal grammar: [url=https://scontent.fsnc1-5.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/15622529_10211455814014372_1936841764016212874_n.jpg?oh=d787c671248d5694bd5cda8edca8a51a&oe=58E50448]click link here[/url]

Happy holidays everyone I hope that you all have a lovely night and day : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Colin:

"Perhaps you are right Mr Wainwright, well at least I can help keep the Chantry safe we need lookouts and guards, and my conjure can be useful at time...right now all I can do though is play babysitter for Jane so my superior can do more important tasks."
Dion said and smiled a little.

(OOC: Well that would be Corr 1 so Colin can already do this he just need to fit it into his Paradigm and fashion a proper foci for it. Corr 1 can let a mage know exactly how long something is, the exact dimensions of something, how deep a engraving is and so on. To remember that though is something else that is more the eidetic memory merit, or Mind.)

Adley:

"I see, that is a good description."

Rolly looked up and smiled and rocked a bit back and forth on his round rump.

He sighed. "I know it feels like now when you think of that now. But now we are talking in a different now."

"Different now...yes...different..."
The little spirit said and seamed to calm down a little.
"Different now."
He repeated.

He smiled a little. "That sounds very good."

Rolly nodded.
"It is what Rolly do...Rolly make compost, and compost is good, it is good for the roses."
He agreed proudly.

His smile grew a little bit at the statement about being cute and how it produced treats as the 'way that it was'. "You are very cute," he agreed.

Rolly nodded and smiled.
"Yes Rolly is cute so he gets many treats, Mistress says so."
He said and smiled up at you.

"I will see if it is good to tell your Mistress, if I can do so.

"Rolly want to go home to Mistress, he wants to..."
The spirit said.
"Mistress is kind."

And we will see if you are sick or bad things have been done to you first so it is safe.

Rolly nodded but it was clear that this he just did not understand and as such he started to play with his own little twig toes instead of really listening.

For this now though be careful of the dark eyed ones and bad spirits. Be well friend," he said.

Rolly will stay hidden until he can get back to Mistress, he will stay here in this trash can since it feels like home."
The little entropic spirit agreed.
"He will be careful and run away if there is danger."

(OOC: I am having a good time though it is far to much food. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:18 pm

"Perhaps you are right Mr Wainwright, well at least I can help keep the Chantry safe we need lookouts and guards, and my conjure can be useful at time...right now all I can do though is play babysitter for Jane so my superior can do more important tasks."
Colin smiled, "Keeping an eye on the wards of the front line fighters is quite as important as what the front can do in the knowledge that their loved ones are attended."

((OOC: Actually, Parlor Trick is sort of outside the Paradigm, as such - just something the Mage does without any real effort, like how Colin can already predict the draw of a card or roll of a die without using active magic, with the Entropy Parlor Trick. I don't have the right book at hand here, but I imagine a comparable level of Correspondence parlor trick would be pretty much what I described. I'll have to double-check the Merits & Flaws chapter, though.))

((OOC2: Ah, sentence diagrams... I've never touched one of those, actually. I've no idea where they first showed up, or where they're used, precisely, but it seems to be something that went out of style years ago...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:08 am

"Rolly will stay hidden until he can get back to Mistress, he will stay here in this trash can since it feels like home." The little entropic spirit agreed. "He will be careful and run away if there is danger."

"Very good," he said to Rolly and then he nodded to Bruce. "You can put the lid back on now." He gave the dog a scratch between the ears. "Good work, let's get your buisness done, shall we?"

// My house smells like Christmas cookies : ) Diagramming sentences used to be a big deal on the East Coast US when they taught a whole year of just English grammar - I have no idea if they still do that. I just remember that was the first year I also started to learn another language (French), and while I thought gendered objects/nouns was weird, the grammar was much more consistent than English xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:07 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Keeping an eye on the wards of the front line fighters is quite as important as what the front can do in the knowledge that their loved ones are attended."

"You may be right Mr Wainwright."
Dion said and smiled.
"Well I shall not keep you any longer."

(OOC: I know what the merit do but what you describe is a bit much for that merit. Parlor trick would be something like always winning a dice roll, or producing a flame from your fingertip to light your cigarette, something small, being able to always know the dimensions of any item or place and being able to draw it perfectly afterwards are Corr 1 and either Mind 1 or the merit eidetic memory, that is a pretty big thing. A corr parlor trick would be always knowing the right direction to get to where you are going, or always guessing right on how big a container are something along those lines.)

Adley:

"Very good," he said to Rolly and then he nodded to Bruce. "You can put the lid back on now." He gave the dog a scratch between the ears. "Good work, let's get your buisness done, shall we?"

Rolly smiled at you and then Bruce put the lid back on the can.
"Is there really something in there, something you talked to?"
He asked as Mundi wagged his tail and continued to do just that, sniffing out places worthy of having his mail sprayed on.

(OOC: No cookies here but the house do smell like food.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:19 am

"Thank you," he said to Bruce as he put the lid back. "I certainly hope so, because if not we have a much bigger problem than previously thought," he said to him in a wry tone of voice. "But yes, yes I do believe there 'really was something in there.' I'm wondering why you keep questioning it though after you admitted that such are real," he replied. "Perhaps sometime I will have an opportunity to show you..."

He realised he hadn't even known that they'd gotten Martha, at least not for sure. Or if he did know, he'd forgotten at the moment. Well, that was one point against him having started slipping into Quiet, not that he doubted that he had been talking to a spirit and not just the inside of the garbage can. He kept an eye out for anyone and didn't really stray too far, he wanted to get that information back.

"Alright, let's finish up, if you don't mind," he requested to the familiar. "I know it's not much of a stretch and I'm sorry for that. I'm sure it will be made up to you for your good behavior though when times are better."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:33 am

"Thank you," he said to Bruce as he put the lid back. "I certainly hope so, because if not we have a much bigger problem than previously thought," he said to him in a wry tone of voice. "But yes, yes I do believe there 'really was something in there.' I'm wondering why you keep questioning it though after you admitted that such are real," he replied. "Perhaps sometime I will have an opportunity to show you..."

"I guess it is the same problem many magi have with places like Horizon, you know they exist for you know people who have been there, but the thought of a world in another dimension or in the spirit world or something that is hard to believe in when you have not laid eyes on it yourself."
Bruce said and offered a small smile.
"I know that spirits exisit but even so their existence are hard to accept you know."
He added.
"Show me? How could you show me?"

He kept an eye out for anyone and didn't really stray too far, he wanted to get that information back.

You saw no one else on the street right now, give it two more hours and the place would be buzzing with activity but right now all was quiet and still as almost everyone in the neighborhood was asleep in their beds.

"Alright, let's finish up, if you don't mind," he requested to the familiar. "I know it's not much of a stretch and I'm sorry for that. I'm sure it will be made up to you for your good behavior though when times are better."

Mundi looked at you and he clearly did not want to go back just yet but he did finish up answering nature's call and went with you back to Steelhaven wagging his tail slightly at you though he clearly would have liked a longer walk, he was a large dog he needed to stretch those muscles.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:03 am

"I guess it is the same problem many magi have with places like Horizon, you know they exist for you know people who have been there, but the thought of a world in another dimension or in the spirit world or something that is hard to believe in when you have not laid eyes on it yourself." Bruce said and offered a small smile. "I know that spirits exisit but even so their existence are hard to accept you know..."Show me? How could you show me?"

"Seeing is believing, hrm?" he gave him a small smile. "I don't think I could explain the 'how' in any exact way that would be meaningful to you, at least not right now. The closest gross metaphor that comes to mind would be something like...having a door opened for you that you didn't realise was there all along. I can open the door for I know how and show you what I see through it as I see it, if you allow me to do so. Perhaps then, you might be more inclined to accept it is possible that there is another whole plane of reality that goes about it's business with so many of us unaware."

Mundi looked at you and he clearly did not want to go back just yet but he did finish up answering nature's call and went with you back to Steelhaven wagging his tail slightly at you though he clearly would have liked a longer walk, he was a large dog he needed to stretch those muscles.

After he took the dog around a little while, though it seems that he was well used to much longer walks, and was heading home, he said to Bruce, "Thank you for coming for this walk with me. I appreciate it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:01 am

"Seeing is believing, hrm?" he gave him a small smile. "I don't think I could explain the 'how' in any exact way that would be meaningful to you, at least not right now. The closest gross metaphor that comes to mind would be something like...having a door opened for you that you didn't realise was there all along. I can open the door for I know how and show you what I see through it as I see it, if you allow me to do so. Perhaps then, you might be more inclined to accept it is possible that there is another whole plane of reality that goes about it's business with so many of us unaware."

"I would like that, if you could show me these spirits when there is time for it Adley. And yes seeing is believing, or at least it is to me."
The Orphan said and nodded.
"I guess I at times are to practical, magick to me is a science not yet discovered by mainstream society and I know that is an opinion to close to what the Technocracy thinks for most mages to be comfortable with it. I guess I am to much of an artificer."
He said and shrugged.
"But yeah I would like to see spirits."

After he took the dog around a little while, though it seems that he was well used to much longer walks, and was heading home, he said to Bruce, "Thank you for coming for this walk with me. I appreciate it."

"Ah don't worry about it, and besides who knows when the next chance for some fresh air would come along anyway."
Bruce said with a small smile.
"It seams like the troubles are never ending, solve one and up pops another, getting out of the house if only for a little while have been refreshing."
He added after a little while.

The two of you and Mundi got back to Steelhaven, you see Duncan's owls sitting on the roof looking down at you as you made your way into the Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:48 pm

"Well I shall not keep you any longer."
Colin smiled and gave a slight bow before getting on his way.

((OOC: Okay, that's fair - as I said, I don't have the book at hand, so I can't cross-reference the scope of the various Merits. He's a pretty steady hand as it is, but working out a rote for automatic perfection would make more sense than just being able to do it, I guess. Drawing from memory, though - yeah, that'd be a little trickier, but just Correspondence 1 should be just fine for drawing intricate patterns or pictures of something he's looking at while drawing.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:37 pm

You sit down in the ritual room meditating when you hear Cita coming into the room and seeing you meditate she makes to quickly leave and wait outside not saying anything she she will not disturb you.

(OOC: I am sure we can work something out if you really want it but it would be a pretty big merit and then I think we should play out Colin getting it in game. A rote would work fine though and he can do that on Corr 1 if we take out the drawing from memory bit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:50 pm

You sit down in the ritual room meditating when you hear Cita coming into the room and seeing you meditate she makes to quickly leave and wait outside not saying anything she she will not disturb you.
Colin briefly acknowledged Cita's presence with an arched eyebrow and gave her a nod, quietly finishing his mapping before stepping outside to see what she wanted, "Yes, Cita, was there a problem? I was just preparing for the battlefield while waiting for Adley..."

((OOC: I'll get back to you when I've checked the power level of the Parlor Trick Merit. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:57 pm

"I am sorry to disturb you Mr Wainwright. I just came to take a better picture of the room that helps me when activating the program that handle the teleportation rote, the one I have is a bit fuzzy, I had a few minutes and thought I would get it done I did not think anyone would be here, do forgive me. I waited as I did not want to run off without explaining."
The Virtual Adept said apologetically.

(OOC: Ok )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:47 pm

"I guess I at times are to practical, magick to me is a science not yet discovered by mainstream society and I know that is an opinion to close to what the Technocracy thinks for most mages to be comfortable with it. I guess I am to much of an artificer." He said and shrugged. "But yeah I would like to see spirits."

"Well, I admit to a certain amount of self-interest in that endeavor," he said, teasing. "After all, it would break you of the illusion that I have lost my mind and speaking in tongues to an empty garbage bin."

"Ah don't worry about it, and besides who knows when the next chance for some fresh air would come along anyway." Bruce said with a small smile. "It seams like the troubles are never ending, solve one and up pops another, getting out of the house if only for a little while have been refreshing." He added after a little while.

"Too true by half," he agreed. He didn't feel as if he got a chance to really enjoy the air though, not as much as he would normally...he wanted to keep everyone safe on the little jaunt. Still, speaking withspirits was not the worst way to spend a few moments, especially if it were true what it had told him. Once inside, he shut the door behind them and then said to Bruce, "I'm going to the security office, if you want to drop in with me before your shift." Then he led Mundi that way.

// Since you all seemed to have escaped the clutches of Krampus this year, I hope your stockings are overfilled with good cheer!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:11 pm

"Well, I admit to a certain amount of self-interest in that endeavor," he said, teasing. "After all, it would break you of the illusion that I have lost my mind and speaking in tongues to an empty garbage bin."

"Well considering we have a widderslainte in the Cabal a man who speak with trash cans would not be so bad."
The artificer joked.
"But no I know you spoke to something it is just it is so hard to wrap my head around it you know."

"Too true by half," he agreed. He didn't feel as if he got a chance to really enjoy the air though, not as much as he would normally...he wanted to keep everyone safe on the little jaunt. Still, speaking withspirits was not the worst way to spend a few moments, especially if it were true what it had told him.

Bruce nodded and gave you a smile.
"Well it was not a long time to stretch our legs but it is better than nothing eh?"
He said as you walked towards the Chantry.

Once inside, he shut the door behind them and then said to Bruce, "I'm going to the security office, if you want to drop in with me before your shift." Then he led Mundi that way.

"Yeah that might be a good idea."
The Orphan said and went with you to the security office. You knock on the door and Jeffry opens after a short while. You see Darrian sitting on a chair in the office and Mundi's tail wagged faster when he saw his bondsmate.
"Ah Adley...Mr King...please come in..."
Your Mentor said and lead the way into the tiny room which was rather full with four mages and a large dog inside.

(OOC: Oh yes I got some goodies indeed. Including the three core books for D&D 5 edition and the core book for the Dragon Age RPG. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:36 pm

"Well considering we have a widderslainte in the Cabal a man who speak with trash cans would not be so bad." The artificer joked. "But no I know you spoke to something it is just it is so hard to wrap my head around it you know."

"Probably not something we should speak about outside, you never know who is listening. Though I don't see anything..."

"Well it was not a long time to stretch our legs but it is better than nothing eh?" He said as you walked towards the Chantry.

"Better than nothing, certainly."

"Yeah that might be a good idea." The Orphan said and went with you to the security office. You knock on the door and Jeffry opens after a short while. You see Darrian sitting on a chair in the office and Mundi's tail wagged faster when he saw his bondsmate. "Ah Adley...Mr King...please come in..."

"Thank you, sir." After he shut the door behind him and nodded in greeting to the two Masters, he gave Mundi a last pat. "He is a very good boy, he found someone interesting as a matter of fact. I may have found out what that grey spirit was after..."

// good haul!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next