Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 2 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Adley Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:35 am

"Thank you...if you need anything from me once the sun is up you can always try to call, you might be able to wake me Mr Roth Hicks but it will not be easy and I might not be in as alert condition as you might like...oh and good morning to you as well."

"Understood." He shut the call down.

As he came up to the first floor he zoned in on the group, going from one person to the next, seeing as best he could how bad it it looked. He saw Adjan and Fran, then to the others that he did not yet know and finally the still figure under the sheet. Someone had died on the mission, at least one person. That explained some of the Chief's demeanor. His face looked grim as he glanced back to his chantrymates with sympathy but then he continued onward, time was pressing for something else unfortunately, he could not stop.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 2 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:22 am

Adjan looked at you and gave you a grim look. Fran gave you as smile as the Etherite healer worked, she did not appear to be seriously injured. You got to the Chief's door and knock on it. Joakim opens after a short while and he looked haggard and pale with sad tired eyes, as if all the weight of his centuries of life just have come crashing down on him.
"Sodalis...please, come on in."
He said in a dry, hoarse voice then he looked at Colin who was also on his way towards his office and nodded to the Orphan.
"You as well Mr Wainwright..."
He muttered, in some ways he looked older than when you had first seen him, and he looked so very tired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:52 am

Adley looked over at Colin with a frown. "Situation did not look good down there," he said, waiting for the door to open.

"Sodalis...please, come on in." He said in a dry, hoarse voice then he looked at Colin who was also on his way towards his office and nodded to the Orphan. "You as well Mr Wainwright..."

He walked in, giving the Chief a concerned look and then moving over to make room for Colin and then see the door shut. He took out the notebook with his notes, took the number and wrote it out the right way on the paper with the address, crossing out anything else and offered the paper with the address out to Joakim. "Sir. This is what we discussed a moment ago. I'd like the note back after but it's best your team. I would take care with the number while they are...probably working on the issue but it should help if they need it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:56 am

Joakim nodded and took the note.
"This is the emergency location? I have to get it to Mr Willis so he can familiarize himself with it in case he needs to use it."
He said and sigh and sat down heavily.
"At least everything else is arranged and on it's way."
He informed you.
"Hopefully it will lead to us getting that cat."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:24 am

"Ah yes off course, forgive me Colin I did not mean to overstep any bounds of familiarity."
Francesca said quickly.
"Just do not drag Freddy into something crazy ok."
He smiled wryly, "A bit too late for that, I'm afraid. Now I'm going to have to have dinner with mr. Rush and the others, as well..."

"Ah well then I understand what you might be needing the sample for, and dealing with wards in such a way should not affect me and mine in any way, though I do warn you that many of our wards are keyed into the individual caster's blood, not the bloodline as a whole."
He nodded, "It would be foolhardy to think just holding a thermos of blood would suffice to pass through such a ward, but it might help single out the threads to unravel the weave..."

"My kind do not do well with the things that can...kill us. It is like something live inside of us, Kristina says there is a spirit there, living in the core of our being, a corrupted spirit that was once a great hunter, now it care just for self preservation and when we encounter that which can destroy us, or we get to hungry sometimes it takes over and we become...nothing but beasts. If we loose ourselves to much we will become beasts permanently it is frankly terrifying..."
He nodded, "My Avatar has done something similar on a couple of occasions... Not exactly the same thing; my Avatar is a meticulous creator rather than a hunter - but it's still unsettling to realize you've been puppeteered by the spirit inside you..."

"I trust Kristina and she knows what she is doing so yes, she probably would be Sir."
The vampire said softly and nodded.
"Very well at least you know you can get more if you need it."
He smiled thinly, "Let us hope we don't need more - it's a dangerous enough substance as it is."

"Well to ease your fears it have to get to your lips for the curse to have any chance of...well turning you upon your death, my blood getting into your wounds will do little but perhaps increase the chance you will live. A vampire or a ghoul can get blood that will work, through an IV or poured into a wound yes, but for someone to be Embraced they have to die and then taste our blood. Ours is a powerful curse yes but still a static one, and static magic do tend to be specific Sir, so you should be mostly fine, I would be more worried about shrapnel from the thermos, unless splatter reach your lips...do keep in mind though that any amount reaching the lips will work, yes more is better as the new vampire will be less hungry and less likely to go amok and the transformation might be a little less unpleasant but one drop is enough so I would wrap the thermos in some cellophane to reduce the chance of splatter if something should happen to it."
He nodded thoughtfully, "That's a bit reassuring, at least - I expect it would still be poisonous to the Avatar, though... I'll see about the cellophane wrapping, though; that's a good idea."

Isabella went back into her apartment. You get up the stairs. You see the two Verbena, Kristina and her Mentor sitting on the floor exhausted in a bloody mess, they did not look to pleased. Horton had gotten to Francesca and was checking on her shoulder, while Crexia was helping a young, dark skinned man with short black hair to his feet, fresh, pink skin showing in patches around his face, neck and shoulders where he had healed but the new tissue had not yet grown in and developed enough pigment, his shirt just a shredded mess.
He looked in on the cafeteria, then looked to Kristina and her Mentor, "So... will she live, or...?"

"Sodalis...please, come on in."
He said in a dry, hoarse voice then he looked at Colin who was also on his way towards his office and nodded to the Orphan.
"You as well Mr Wainwright..."
He muttered, in some ways he looked older than when you had first seen him, and he looked so very tired.
He turned and nodded to Joakim, and followed into the office.

Adley looked over at Colin with a frown. "Situation did not look good down there," he said, waiting for the door to open.
He shook his head and replied softly, "No, things went... badly. I've got plan V here, and hope to God someone can come up with plans B to U before we move on the Labyrinth..."

He looked at Joakim, a bit like a beaten dog, "I have a... measure. I'll need some help keeping it fresh until the time comes; it's apparently only good for an hour or so, so we'll need someone to stretch that hour a bit, just in case. On a related note, miss Mandis made some observations about miss Carlyle - namely that the girl conjured up some spirits to aid her, and then hid without using any more magic while her Avatar was out. It might seem likely that miss Carlyle is severely limited in power without her Avatar at home. That might be exploited; her defenses might not be as good as normal. But, as always, we need more time, and we don't have..."
He blinked slowly, "Well, bugger me, I think I have a plan B... What if we don't have to deal with miss Carlyle today? What if we can deal with her in, say, a week? A month? A year? Do we have a Chronomancer capable of, well, shunting the young lady forward in time, to a point where we've had a chance to prepare?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:48 am

He smiled wryly, "A bit too late for that, I'm afraid. Now I'm going to have to have dinner with mr. Rush and the others, as well..."

"Ah well you better make sure you do not make the Verbena upset then, they can be rather difficult to deal with when angry and protective."
Francesca said then she gave you a smile.
"I am sure you will do fine Colin."

He nodded, "It would be foolhardy to think just holding a thermos of blood would suffice to pass through such a ward, but it might help single out the threads to unravel the weave..."

"That do make sense Mr Wainwright."
Isabella said and nodded.

He nodded, "My Avatar has done something similar on a couple of occasions... Not exactly the same thing; my Avatar is a meticulous creator rather than a hunter - but it's still unsettling to realize you've been puppeteered by the spirit inside you..."

"Yes that is indeed unsettling. I guess your Avatar do not urge you to kill and feed on everything around with a pulse."
The vampiress said and sigh.
"But yes there are some similarities there between our Beasts and your Avatars which would have been interesting to study further."
She said and gave you a curious look.

He smiled thinly, "Let us hope we don't need more - it's a dangerous enough substance as it is."

"That it is, at least for you, so yes let us hope so."
Isabella agreed.

He nodded thoughtfully, "That's a bit reassuring, at least - I expect it would still be poisonous to the Avatar, though... I'll see about the cellophane wrapping, though; that's a good idea."

"The way I understand it yes it would be, our blood is poison to that which live inside of yours, but just like with a regular poison and a body, getting a few droplets into your body should not be to dangerous unless it is the lips and you are dying. However if it can be avoided off course that is best."

He looked in on the cafeteria, then looked to Kristina and her Mentor, "So... will she live, or...?"

"She...will live, but not as she was, it is doubtful she will ever wake up again."
Kristina said sounding dead tired.
"Perhaps it would have been better if she had died, now her apprentices will have a hard choice to make."
She continued and her Mentor nodded sadly.
"We did what we could Mr Wainwright but there was not much to work with."
She said in a thin voice.

He looked at Joakim, a bit like a beaten dog, "I have a... measure. I'll need some help keeping it fresh until the time comes; it's apparently only good for an hour or so, so we'll need someone to stretch that hour a bit, just in case.

Joakim nodded sadly he looked at the thermos with a mixture of regret and grief and sigh.
"Lady Crexia or Master Harris should be able to help with that."

On a related note, miss Mandis made some observations about miss Carlyle - namely that the girl conjured up some spirits to aid her, and then hid without using any more magic while her Avatar was out. It might seem likely that miss Carlyle is severely limited in power without her Avatar at home. That might be exploited; her defenses might not be as good as normal. But, as always, we need more time, and we don't have..."

"Hum...that would make sense, Virtual Adepts when they send their Avatars into a computer program for their, if you excuse my negative opinion on the customs of another tradition, insane dueling are completely unable to work magick until their Avatars return to where they belong in their souls...it might be that when her soul manifests that means Miss Carlyle is defenseless as well but...like you said we do not have much time to find out what we can do with that and at that point we will already have her rampaging Avatar to deal with..."

He blinked slowly, "Well, bugger me, I think I have a plan B... What if we don't have to deal with miss Carlyle today? What if we can deal with her in, say, a week? A month? A year? Do we have a Chronomancer capable of, well, shunting the young lady forward in time, to a point where we've had a chance to prepare?"

Joakim looked like he perked up a little at the thought of another solution than turning Matty into a vampire.
"That...might work and yes Lady Crexia can work a spell like that, the problem is that the Paradox from such massive manipulation of time will be quite uncomfortable so asking the good lady to take such a risk will not be easy, though it might still be better than our...other option."
He said and shuddered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 am

"Ah well you better make sure you do not make the Verbena upset then, they can be rather difficult to deal with when angry and protective."
Francesca said then she gave you a smile.
"I am sure you will do fine Colin."
He grinned, "I should hope I will - I have a rare rose bush in my apartment. I'm quite fond of that bush..."

"Yes that is indeed unsettling. I guess your Avatar do not urge you to kill and feed on everything around with a pulse."
The vampiress said and sigh.
"But yes there are some similarities there between our Beasts and your Avatars which would have been interesting to study further."
She said and gave you a curious look.
He smiled wryly, "Well, to be precise - in both cases when it happened, I was essentially not conscious myself; someone had to take the controls. In aviation terms, I have a very good copilot - but I prefer to do my own flying."

"She...will live, but not as she was, it is doubtful she will ever wake up again."
Kristina said sounding dead tired.
"Perhaps it would have been better if she had died, now her apprentices will have a hard choice to make."
She continued and her Mentor nodded sadly.
"We did what we could Mr Wainwright but there was not much to work with."
She said in a thin voice.
He nodded slowly, "Severe head trauma, then..."
He frowned, "Perhaps it would have been more of a mercy, indeed... miss Carlyle's little attack dog is a menace..."

"Hum...that would make sense, Virtual Adepts when they send their Avatars into a computer program for their, if you excuse my negative opinion on the customs of another tradition, insane dueling are completely unable to work magick until their Avatars return to where they belong in their souls...it might be that when her soul manifests that means Miss Carlyle is defenseless as well but...like you said we do not have much time to find out what we can do with that and at that point we will already have her rampaging Avatar to deal with..."
He pondered, "She said the thing focused on the Spirit Masters exclusively, dismissing the others almost with contempt. Someone capable of mind control might be able to interfere with miss Carlyle's leash."

"That...might work and yes Lady Crexia can work a spell like that, the problem is that the Paradox from such massive manipulation of time will be quite uncomfortable so asking the good lady to take such a risk will not be easy, though it might still be better than our...other option."
He nodded, "It's a dangerous idea, but... it should still be less risky than sending her backwards, and less morally indigestible than... plan V."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 pm

He grinned, "I should hope I will - I have a rare rose bush in my apartment. I'm quite fond of that bush..."

"Will you be as fond of your rosebush when it tries to eat you Colin?"
Francesca said trying for humor but it never reached her eyes.
"I am sure you will do well at the dinner though, everyone can see that you care about Freddy."
She said and gave you a soft smile.

He smiled wryly, "Well, to be precise - in both cases when it happened, I was essentially not conscious myself; someone had to take the controls. In aviation terms, I have a very good copilot - but I prefer to do my own flying."

"The problem is my co pilot is a ball of teeth and claws...and hunger."
Isabella said and sigh.
"But yes it is what it is, yours sound like it is more practical though, and far more plesant Mr Wainwright."

He nodded slowly, "Severe head trauma, then..."
He frowned, "Perhaps it would have been more of a mercy, indeed... miss Carlyle's little attack dog is a menace..."

"Yes, her skull was...crushed and allot of...her brain just plain missing, we did what we could but...it was not enough."
Kristina said softly.
"She might wake up, but it is not likely and if she do, she will not be the same person who went on that mission...I can not tell you want sort of life she will be able to have..."
She muttered and her Mentor patted her on the shoulder.
"All we can do now is keep her warm and comfortable and let her family decide."
Lady Arden said as she struggled to her feet.
"Come on mea filia we have more wounded that needs our aid."
She told her apprentice and offered her hand down to the younger Verbena and helped the raven haired young druidess up to her feet.

He pondered, "She said the thing focused on the Spirit Masters exclusively, dismissing the others almost with contempt. Someone capable of mind control might be able to interfere with miss Carlyle's leash."

"It might work...but then again it might also just enrage her soul further, Miss Carlyle's Avatar is capable of acting independently of it's host, chances are it can act regardless of whatever control we might get over Miss Carlyle herself."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I am not sure we could risk it..."

He nodded, "It's a dangerous idea, but... it should still be less risky than sending her backwards, and less morally indigestible than... plan V."

"It is not a bad idea Mr Wainwright and it is far better than...ehm plan V...I am going to have to speak with Lady Crexia and hear what she have to say, perhaps if we can send Miss Carlyle forward in time we will get the chance to...figure out some way to contain her soul in a less...barbaric way."
The Security Chief said, his eyes now and again darting to the thermos you was holding, looking uneasy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:01 pm

"Will you be as fond of your rosebush when it tries to eat you Colin?"
Francesca said trying for humor but it never reached her eyes.
"I am sure you will do well at the dinner though, everyone can see that you care about Freddy."
Colin snorted, "I've been enough on the internet to know that being eaten by animated plants is the least undignified of my worries..."

"The problem is my co pilot is a ball of teeth and claws...and hunger."
Isabella said and sigh.
"But yes it is what it is, yours sound like it is more practical though, and far more plesant Mr Wainwright."
He grimaced, "I don't know if I'd call having my face shot off with a Stinger missile, or having my soul held in the equivalent of a wood chipper anything near 'pleasant' - I've been taken over under very extreme circumstances, none of which I should like to ever get close to again... But yes, mine is more benevolent. And a bit more willing to communicate with me under more peaceful circumstances."

"Yes, her skull was...crushed and allot of...her brain just plain missing, we did what we could but...it was not enough."
Kristina said softly.
"She might wake up, but it is not likely and if she do, she will not be the same person who went on that mission...I can not tell you want sort of life she will be able to have..."
Colin's expression went blank, and he traced a hand down his face, whispering, "There but for the grace of helmet go I..."

"Come on mea filia we have more wounded that needs our aid."
She told her apprentice and offered her hand down to the younger Verbena and helped the raven haired young druidess up to her feet.
Colin gave Lady Arden and Kristina a quick bow, "Don't let me delay you, Lady Arden, mrs. Knox... I'll see you later, I expect."

"It might work...but then again it might also just enrage her soul further, Miss Carlyle's Avatar is capable of acting independently of it's host, chances are it can act regardless of whatever control we might get over Miss Carlyle herself."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I am not sure we could risk it..."
Colin shrugged slightly, "True, it's a risk, but giving the thing severely conflicted priorities might at least confuse it... Still, it's a dangerous gamble."

"It is not a bad idea Mr Wainwright and it is far better than...ehm plan V...I am going to have to speak with Lady Crexia and hear what she have to say, perhaps if we can send Miss Carlyle forward in time we will get the chance to...figure out some way to contain her soul in a less...barbaric way."
The Security Chief said, his eyes now and again darting to the thermos you was holding, looking uneasy.
He nodded, "Depending on how far we can send her, it could give Master Telar the time to develop a... trap or cage. Pretty much nothing would please me more today than to be able to pour this out on the sunny sidewalk and watch it burn..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Colin snorted, "I've been enough on the internet to know that being eaten by animated plants is the least undignified of my worries..."

"Ah yes, well there are worse ways to go I guess."
Francesca said with a hint of a smile.
"Not that I think you have anything to worry about as long as you are kind and decent to Freddy."

He grimaced, "I don't know if I'd call having my face shot off with a Stinger missile, or having my soul held in the equivalent of a wood chipper anything near 'pleasant' - I've been taken over under very extreme circumstances, none of which I should like to ever get close to again... But yes, mine is more benevolent. And a bit more willing to communicate with me under more peaceful circumstances."

"Ehm...no I do...not imagine either of those would be plesant Mr Wainwright...forgive me I meant that your Avatar is a more plesant being than my Beast but I guess benevolent is another way to put it...though what live in side of me is not evil...it just want to survive at any cost.."
Isabella said sounding apologetic then she sigh.
"Well it do...speak to me, angry whispers at the back of my mind and I can feel it there, lurking...waiting to rip the mask of humanity from me and leave me an beast an little else, always waiting...whispering and I do my best not to listen, only that I know that one day I will lose this eternal dance we are engaging in, him and me, he will claim me one day and all I can do, bar myths and fables of my kind of a blessed state where such will no longer be a concern, is to stave it off and hope for a long life before I loose myself..."
The vampiress said and looked away into nothing for a moment then she sigh again and gave you a smile.
"Well...nothing to dwell on before bed I suppose."

Colin's expression went blank, and he traced a hand down his face, whispering, "There but for the grace of helmet go I..."

Kristina said nothing she just gave you a bit of a look and then patted your shoulder gently for a moment, there was nothing much to say you could have easily ended up as the unfortunate maga on the floor.

Colin gave Lady Arden and Kristina a quick bow, "Don't let me delay you, Lady Arden, mrs. Knox... I'll see you later, I expect."

Philippa gave you a polite nod.
"Take care Mr Wainwright."
She said before she bent over one of the hedge wizard girls you had heard joking about the size of the fireballs of another student when you passed her and her friends in this very room a few hours ago, now she sat pale and covered with blood with a wounded arm and deep scratched in her pretty face.
"Well then Lorna, let me see your arm first and I will take care of it...there we go..."
Philippa told the hedge wizard gently, the girl did not protest the old maga tending to her but nor did she speak. Kristina nodded to you as well before she went over to Mark Jennings who was sitting on the floor to care for an injury to his back. Mark as well gave you a nod, something he regretted as he grabbed his head with one hand and winced.

Colin shrugged slightly, "True, it's a risk, but giving the thing severely conflicted priorities might at least confuse it... Still, it's a dangerous gamble."

"Hum...well from what I understand this twisted soul want to do anything to protect it's host, but it is aware of how it have been changed and are not happy about it, there is a chance that it would not attack if it thought Matty was safe if she could be controlled to just leave the battle...but it is like you said a dangerous gamble Mr Wainwright...perhaps to dangerous for us to risk it."
Joakim said and frowned.

He nodded, "Depending on how far we can send her, it could give Master Telar the time to develop a... trap or cage. Pretty much nothing would please me more today than to be able to pour this out on the sunny sidewalk and watch it burn..."

Joakim looked at the thermos with a mixture of despair and hatred and nodded.
"Me as well young man...I would have to ask good Lady Crexia how far she might be able to send Miss Caryle into the future...if it would give Master Telar the time she needs to find a better solution...well nothing would please me more as you said, I will have to talk with the good lady first though..."
He said sounding a bit more hopeful.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:25 pm

He shook his head and replied softly, "No, things went... badly. I've got plan V here, and hope to God someone can come up with plans B to U before we move on the Labyrinth..."

He frowned a bit more. "Let's see what we can figure out then."

"This is the emergency location? I have to get it to Mr Willis so he can familiarize himself with it in case he needs to use it."
He said and sigh and sat down heavily. "At least everything else is arranged and on it's way." He informed you. "Hopefully it will lead to us getting that cat."

"Yes, as soon as you can, sir. Forgive me, but time is short as you know," he agreed.

He looked at Joakim, a bit like a beaten dog, "I have a... measure. I'll need some help keeping it fresh until the time comes; it's apparently only good for an hour or so, so we'll need someone to stretch that hour a bit, just in case...."

"Did someone make a charm for you to use?" he asked, having no idea what he was talking about yet.

On a related note, miss Mandis made some observations about miss Carlyle - namely that the girl conjured up some spirits to aid her, and then hid without using any more magic while her Avatar was out. It might seem likely that miss Carlyle is severely limited in power without her Avatar at home. That might be exploited; her defenses might not be as good as normal. But, as always, we need more time, and we don't have..."

"Well, we can try to prevent her from trying that again..."

He raised an eyebrow. "Technomantic certamens...I have a thought to with yours, Colin." He wrote down a short note and handed it to him. 'What about using the gauntlet against her? Banishings have some effect so it is likely spirit magick would. What if we tried to use that, in augment? AJ said something about a gauntlet trap before. Don't know if they got to try it.'

"That sounds highly vulgar....I wonder if it would work." He scratched down again and this time handed it to the Chief.'Would that affect her avatar...the spirit is eternal and does not seem to clock time the way materialised forms do, save that they are with us their hosts. If it is separated from her...?'

"What is this you're talking about?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 pm

"Yes, as soon as you can, sir. Forgive me, but time is short as you know," he agreed.

"I would call but I think it is safer to just go and find him and give Mr Willis the information...we can discuss strategy when I come back but yes I agree time is not on our side."
Joakim said and moved towards the door.

"Did someone make a charm for you to use?" he asked, having no idea what he was talking about yet.

"No...not a charm Mr Roth Hicks...a poison."
The old hedge wizard said and eyed that thermos his voice was soft and sad.

"We can however it is not Miss Carlyle's own magick which is the biggest issue Sodalis, her abomination of an Avatar is the true danger and I am not sure preventing the girl from using her powers will help us much and I have no idea how to stop her from letting her soul leave her body to act as an attack dog."
The Security Chief said and shook his head.
"It is quite a bit of a mess..."

He raised an eyebrow. "Technomantic certamens...

"Yes they have them, but where our Certamens are a magickal contest in a spiritually prepared space or in older times combat in a created mindscape, the Adepts bind their very Avatars to a computer program and send them to do battle with one another, it sound far to dangerous to me, one thing is risking life and limb but...well I hear serious wounds are rare but even so I find it...distasteful."
Joakim said and gave a look of disgust at the thought of the Core Wars while he waited for Colin to read Adley's note and then perhaps pass it to him as well.

"That sounds highly vulgar....I wonder if it would work." He scratched down again and this time handed it to the Chief.'Would that affect her avatar...the spirit is eternal and does not seem to clock time the way materialised forms do, save that they are with us their hosts. If it is separated from her...?

Joakim read the note then handed it to Colin.
"There is a risk there yes. Avatars like other spirits are likely timeless and we do not know how something that can leave it's host and act on it's own would be affected by being displaced in time, but I at least find it likely that it would trap it along with the host."
He said then he sigh.
"But I am not sure and the only other alternative we have to deal with it is..."
Joakim drew a deep breath.
"Quite morally questionable..."
He sounded quite desperate to find any other solution than whatever he and colin had been discussing.

"The problem...is that we do not have the time to perform the Gilgul rite, it gives that Avatar to much of a chance to act...there is only one quicker way I know of to destroy and Avatar..."
He said but he seamed unable to finish the explanation, his hand had been on the doorknob as he got ready to go and find Joe but now he seamed to be more leaning on the door for support than standing by it as if talking about it took all his strength.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:12 pm

"Ah yes, well there are worse ways to go I guess."
Francesca said with a hint of a smile.
"Not that I think you have anything to worry about as long as you are kind and decent to Freddy."
Colin sighed, "You know, I rather hate secrets, more so when they are mine; they do give me things to worry about - but so long as Freddy accepts it, yes, I suppose I should be safe."

"Ehm...no I do...not imagine either of those would be plesant Mr Wainwright...forgive me I meant that your Avatar is a more plesant being than my Beast but I guess benevolent is another way to put it...though what live in side of me is not evil...it just want to survive at any cost.."
He nodded, "Yours is just a little more ruthless, I suppose - more liable to kill and maim to protect you, where mine might prioritize just getting me clear of danger in the shortest amount of time, even if that means letting a threat live to another day..."

"Well it do...speak to me, angry whispers at the back of my mind and I can feel it there, lurking...waiting to rip the mask of humanity from me and leave me an beast an little else, always waiting...whispering and I do my best not to listen, only that I know that one day I will lose this eternal dance we are engaging in, him and me, he will claim me one day and all I can do, bar myths and fables of my kind of a blessed state where such will no longer be a concern, is to stave it off and hope for a long life before I loose myself..."
The vampiress said and looked away into nothing for a moment then she sigh again and gave you a smile.
"Well...nothing to dwell on before bed I suppose."
He inclined his head, "Ah, sorry, I wouldn't wish to give you daymares... er, if you even dream anymore? I'd surmise you do, since that seems to be a necessity to sort memories and stay, well, sane..."

Philippa gave you a polite nod.
"Take care Mr Wainwright."
He smiled wryly back, "Ah, if it were only that easy - I'll be sticking assorted body parts into two separate lions' dens today, if I'm lucky... If I'm really lucky, I'll come out unscathed from both..."

She said before she bent over one of the hedge wizard girls you had heard joking about the size of the fireballs of another student when you passed her and her friends in this very room a few hours ago, now she sat pale and covered with blood with a wounded arm and deep scratched in her pretty face.
"Well then Lorna, let me see your arm first and I will take care of it...there we go..."
Philippa told the hedge wizard gently, the girl did not protest the old maga tending to her but nor did she speak. Kristina nodded to you as well before she went over to Mark Jennings who was sitting on the floor to care for an injury to his back. Mark as well gave you a nod, something he regretted as he grabbed his head with one hand and winced.
Colin gave Mark a sympathetic wince and nodded back.

"Hum...well from what I understand this twisted soul want to do anything to protect it's host, but it is aware of how it have been changed and are not happy about it, there is a chance that it would not attack if it thought Matty was safe if she could be controlled to just leave the battle...but it is like you said a dangerous gamble Mr Wainwright...perhaps to dangerous for us to risk it."
He nodded, "It might be worth it to distract the abomination if it should prove necessary to... do that. A last, desperate gambit."

"Me as well young man...I would have to ask good Lady Crexia how far she might be able to send Miss Caryle into the future...if it would give Master Telar the time she needs to find a better solution...well nothing would please me more as you said, I will have to talk with the good lady first though..."
He smiled, "It's a far better plan than what we had - and one I'd be a lot happier to see enacted."

"No...not a charm Mr Roth Hicks...a poison."
He frowned, "A curse in a bottle... The worst kind..."

"We can however it is not Miss Carlyle's own magick which is the biggest issue Sodalis, her abomination of an Avatar is the true danger and I am not sure preventing the girl from using her powers will help us much and I have no idea how to stop her from letting her soul leave her body to act as an attack dog."
"The problem is that she'll likely once again summon help and send out her Avatar before she runs and hides, but this time she'll have the advantage of home turf and probably forewarning... Unless her Avatar hurts too much right now."

He raised an eyebrow. "Technomantic certamens...I have a thought to with yours, Colin." He wrote down a short note and handed it to him. 'What about using the gauntlet against her? Banishings have some effect so it is likely spirit magick would. What if we tried to use that, in augment? AJ said something about a gauntlet trap before. Don't know if they got to try it.'
Colin arched an eyebrow to Adley as he accepted the note, "Now what? Are you cruising for a bruising, as they say?"
He read the note, frowning, "It... might; I'm not so familiar with that aspect of magic - but I wouldn't wager on it; she seems quite capable with the realm of spirits, so she might manage to wriggle her way out of that..."
He handed the note to Joakim, "It is a thought, though, and I'm not qualified to evaluate its merit."

"Yes they have them, but where our Certamens are a magickal contest in a spiritually prepared space or in older times combat in a created mindscape, the Adepts bind their very Avatars to a computer program and send them to do battle with one another, it sound far to dangerous to me, one thing is risking life and limb but...well I hear serious wounds are rare but even so I find it...distasteful."
"All things considered, I'm glad I'm not a Virtual Adept, though - it might have led to very unpleasant lines of query with the wrong spectators..."

"That sounds highly vulgar....I wonder if it would work." He scratched down again and this time handed it to the Chief.'Would that affect her avatar...the spirit is eternal and does not seem to clock time the way materialised forms do, save that they are with us their hosts. If it is separated from her...?'
Joakim read the note then handed it to Colin.
"There is a risk there yes. Avatars like other spirits are likely timeless and we do not know how something that can leave it's host and act on it's own would be affected by being displaced in time, but I at least find it likely that it would trap it along with the host."
Colin read that note, too, "I'm inclined to believe that her Avatar would follow her like a loyal dog to see her safe in another time, rather than to stay separated and suddenly only have itself to try to protect. It would, after all, not be so much a matter of trapping miss Carlyle as it would be a matter of sending her away from the battle. And yes, it would be quite vulgar... but it would follow the regular flow of time rather than go against it, so the cost might be significantly less than if it were a question of sending someone into the past..."

"But I am not sure and the only other alternative we have to deal with it is..."
Joakim drew a deep breath.
"Quite morally questionable..."
"No... there's nothing questionable about it, it's just wrong in every way... Possibly a necessary desperation move, but no less wrong..."

"The problem...is that we do not have the time to perform the Gilgul rite, it gives that Avatar to much of a chance to act...there is only one quicker way I know of to destroy and Avatar..."
He said but he seamed unable to finish the explanation, his hand had been on the doorknob as he got ready to go and find Joe but now he seamed to be more leaning on the door for support than standing by it as if talking about it took all his strength.
"I'll... explain while Chief Joakim is debriefing the ambush team... We lost Master Jameson, and one woman whose name I was not given is... likely to spend the rest of her days in a coma, and even if she should come to, she won't be... herself anymore... But aside from that, it appears there are only... well, what passes for superficial injuries when you have skilled and powerful magical healers in the room. It does appear that everyone was injured, but mostly to the tune of flesh wounds and broken or dislocated limbs... Lady Arden and mrs. Knox are working their fingers off, and mr. Horton has his hands full as well... but it seems almost everyone will survive..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Colin sighed, "You know, I rather hate secrets, more so when they are mine; they do give me things to worry about - but so long as Freddy accepts it, yes, I suppose I should be safe."

"We all have secrets Colin there is nothing wrong with that, and I think you and Freddy will be good for one another, we live in a war that have lasted for six hundred years already, with no end in sight, our lives are not always easy, if we can find a bit of happiness as we walk our paths, so much the better."
Francesca said and glanced at Jameson under the white sheets.
"You never know when it will all be over, so we should try to get the most out of life while we have it, and find love if we can."
She muttered softly.

He nodded, "Yours is just a little more ruthless, I suppose - more liable to kill and maim to protect you, where mine might prioritize just getting me clear of danger in the shortest amount of time, even if that means letting a threat live to another day..."

"The Beast will do what it have to in order to survive, it do not kill for sport but it will gladly drain an infant or a defenseless grandmother without a second of remorse, it seeks only to live."
Isabella explained, looking a little uneasy.

He inclined his head, "Ah, sorry, I wouldn't wish to give you daymares... er, if you even dream anymore? I'd surmise you do, since that seems to be a necessity to sort memories and stay, well, sane..."

"I...have had my share of nightmares Mr Wainwright, and yes I do dream. I even move during my day sleep and might kick of the covers, this will change as I get older and...more jaded but we all do dreams and yes I do suspect we would go insane if we did not."
The vampiress said and nodded.

He smiled wryly back, "Ah, if it were only that easy - I'll be sticking assorted body parts into two separate lions' dens today, if I'm lucky... If I'm really lucky, I'll come out unscathed from both..."

"Ah yes...try to stay safe then good Sir."
Philippa said said smiled.
"Try to come back with as little work for me to do as possible."

He nodded, "It might be worth it to distract the abomination if it should prove necessary to... do that. A last, desperate gambit."

"Yes...if we need an distraction...it might work, but it might also risk enraging the thing further."
Joakim said and looked uneasy.

He smiled, "It's a far better plan than what we had - and one I'd be a lot happier to see enacted."

Joakim just nodded at that, his eyes far away for a moment.

"The problem is that she'll likely once again summon help and send out her Avatar before she runs and hides, but this time she'll have the advantage of home turf and probably forewarning... Unless her Avatar hurts too much right now."

"We can hope that Miss Carlyle's soul is to damaged to fight, that would solve our immediate problem, however we can not base our plans on that and if the girl is able to fight the scenario you are laying out is a likely one Mr Wainwright and she did just take out an entire strike team, including six Masters of the Art...and that is...a problem."

He read the note, frowning, "It... might; I'm not so familiar with that aspect of magic - but I wouldn't wager on it; she seems quite capable with the realm of spirits, so she might manage to wriggle her way out of that..."
He handed the note to Joakim, "It is a thought, though, and I'm not qualified to evaluate its merit."

"We can hope that using banishing magick will help. I am going to have to debrief the strike team and hear what they used against her. It is something to look into though, but we do not have allot of time to figure out our plan of attack but if banishing worked before that might be able to buy us a few moments in battle at least."

"All things considered, I'm glad I'm not a Virtual Adept, though - it might have led to very unpleasant lines of query with the wrong spectators..."

"Yes I think you might want to avoid Core Wars Mr Wainwright with your particular condition, that might just prove to be...unpleasant for everyone involved."
The hedge wizard muttered.

Colin read that note, too, "I'm inclined to believe that her Avatar would follow her like a loyal dog to see her safe in another time, rather than to stay separated and suddenly only have itself to try to protect. It would, after all, not be so much a matter of trapping miss Carlyle as it would be a matter of sending her away from the battle.

"I tend to agree that Miss Carlyle's soul are likely to stay with it's host, then again I think the question is more, what is staying with it's host to it, we see time as a progressive line, through we know it is possible to view and even go forwards and back, most spirits do not see this, so to it the point in time where the fight takes place and the point in time where we send Miss Carlyle might just be the same, letting it continue to act like if nothing had happened and still be with it's beloved host."
Joakim said and frowned.

And yes, it would be quite vulgar... but it would follow the regular flow of time rather than go against it, so the cost might be significantly less than if it were a question of sending someone into the past..."

"Sending someone into the future causes less Paradox the way I understand it than doing the same to the past, but that do not mean it is not still very vulgar...and very costly, reality do not like such manipulation of time, so the mage that will be doing that rote if we where to go for such a plan, will suffer for it."
The Security Chief muttered and frowned.
"There are no bloody good solutions here!"
He exclaimed in a sad and frustrated tone of voice.
"Damn the Nephandi...and damn this war!"

"No... there's nothing questionable about it, it's just wrong in every way... Possibly a necessary desperation move, but no less wrong..."

Joakim nodded at that and his eyes got a faraway look in them.
"Yes Mr Wainwright you are right...it is wrong, in every way wrong but we might have to resort to it anyway."
He muttered sadly.

"I'll... explain while Chief Joakim is debriefing the ambush team...

"First I am going to have to speak with Mr Willis but yes please do explain things to your Cabalmate while I am out and I will talk with the strike team at the same time."
Joakim said.

We lost Master Jameson, and one woman whose name I was not given is... likely to spend the rest of her days in a coma, and even if she should come to, she won't be... herself anymore...

The old hedge wizard looked at Colin then gave a sad sigh.
"Master Jameson was a good man, he will be missed...as for the woman, her name is Asmira Ferir...I will inform their fili and other relatives about what have happened."
He said straightening up a little there where things to do, he could not just wallow in his own dark emotions.

But aside from that, it appears there are only... well, what passes for superficial injuries when you have skilled and powerful magical healers in the room. It does appear that everyone was injured, but mostly to the tune of flesh wounds and broken or dislocated limbs... Lady Arden and mrs. Knox are working their fingers off, and mr. Horton has his hands full as well... but it seems almost everyone will survive..."

"It makes me glad to hear the others will survive and I will go and look in on them, the loss of two Masters of the Art though...that is a hard blow to this Tribunal, a very hard blow..."
Joakim said softly.
"That thing must have attack with extreme force...well in either case I must speak with Mr Willis there are...coffee in the pot if you want any, and cups on the shelf...I will be back shortly."
Joakim said and pointed towards his coffee pot before he gave the two younger magi a nod and headed out of the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 pm

"We all have secrets Colin there is nothing wrong with that, and I think you and Freddy will be good for one another, we live in a war that have lasted for six hundred years already, with no end in sight, our lives are not always easy, if we can find a bit of happiness as we walk our paths, so much the better."
Francesca said and glanced at Jameson under the white sheets.
"You never know when it will all be over, so we should try to get the most out of life while we have it, and find love if we can."
She muttered softly.
Colin smiled thinly, "Not all secrets are equal... but yes, sage advice. Hum... on the note of getting the most out of life, you might wish to have a word with young mr. Willis - he's taken it rather hard that he was part of the capture of a twelve-year-old Nephandus whose fate is... looking outright dark. You might have some insights that can help put him at ease..."

"I...have had my share of nightmares Mr Wainwright, and yes I do dream. I even move during my day sleep and might kick of the covers, this will change as I get older and...more jaded but we all do dreams and yes I do suspect we would go insane if we did not."
He nodded, "Well, then, miss Jarden, I hope you sleep easy today."

"Ah yes...try to stay safe then good Sir."
Philippa said said smiled.
"Try to come back with as little work for me to do as possible."
He gave her a roguish grin, "While I'd consider it a privilege to have you work on me, I suppose that's a privelege I would prefer to postpone indefinitely. Ah, by the way, there was a message sent to Senex earlier - I do hope you don't mind that I namedropped you as a reference of character?"

"We can hope that Miss Carlyle's soul is to damaged to fight, that would solve our immediate problem, however we can not base our plans on that and if the girl is able to fight the scenario you are laying out is a likely one Mr Wainwright and she did just take out an entire strike team, including six Masters of the Art...and that is...a problem."
He nodded, "I don't think her Avatar is greatly impeded - she might be, but she herself is not the danger, as such..."

"Yes I think you might want to avoid Core Wars Mr Wainwright with your particular condition, that might just prove to be...unpleasant for everyone involved."
He nodded, "As things stand, I should rather risk a Caul than that sort of public disclosure..."

"I tend to agree that Miss Carlyle's soul are likely to stay with it's host, then again I think the question is more, what is staying with it's host to it, we see time as a progressive line, through we know it is possible to view and even go forwards and back, most spirits do not see this, so to it the point in time where the fight takes place and the point in time where we send Miss Carlyle might just be the same, letting it continue to act like if nothing had happened and still be with it's beloved host."
He frowned and nodded thoughtfully, "That... is a risk. I still think it's the safest bet unless someone can come up with a lockdown for the Avatar..."

"Sending someone into the future causes less Paradox the way I understand it than doing the same to the past, but that do not mean it is not still very vulgar...and very costly, reality do not like such manipulation of time, so the mage that will be doing that rote if we where to go for such a plan, will suffer for it."
He pondered, "I suppose the fact that this will be done in a Labyrinth might soften the impact a little..."

"First I am going to have to speak with Mr Willis but yes please do explain things to your Cabalmate while I am out and I will talk with the strike team at the same time."
He nodded, "I hope they have some useful insights... Even if each of them only has a single piece to the puzzle."

"That thing must have attack with extreme force...well in either case I must speak with Mr Willis there are...coffee in the pot if you want any, and cups on the shelf...I will be back shortly."
Joakim said and pointed towards his coffee pot before he gave the two younger magi a nod and headed out of the room.
Colin looked up at the coffee pot and shook his head, "Thanks, but no thanks... I feel sour and bitter enough as it is..."
He waited for Joakim to close the door, and held up the thermos in front of himself, "Adley, this contains the most evil, immoral and unethical weapon I've ever contemplated... If we have to use it, we'll never be able to scrub the stain off our consciences..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:48 am

"I would call but I think it is safer to just go and find him and give Mr Willis the information...we can discuss strategy when I come back but yes I agree time is not on our side." Joakim said and moved towards the door.

"I agree, sir," he said, nodding to him.

Did someone make a charm for you to use?" he asked, having no idea what he was talking about yet. "No...not a charm Mr Roth Hicks...a poison."
He frowned, "A curse in a bottle... The worst kind..."

He frowned back at them, glancing from one to the other. It wasn't like them to be so reticent...

Colin arched an eyebrow to Adley as he accepted the note, "Now what? Are you cruising for a bruising, as they say?"

"Certainly not," he said with a touch of a smile.

He read the note, frowning, "It... might; I'm not so familiar with that aspect of magic - but I wouldn't wager on it; she seems quite capable with the realm of spirits, so she might manage to wriggle her way out of that..." He handed the note to Joakim, "It is a thought, though, and I'm not qualified to evaluate its merit."

"Hm....well we know that it can be affected and that is something." He looked thoughtful, looking around the room for inspiration or maybe he was just looking around the contents of his own mind, trying to piece together what they'd found out.

"I'm inclined to believe that her Avatar would follow her like a loyal dog to see her safe in another time, rather than to stay separated and suddenly only have itself to try to protect. It would, after all, not be so much a matter of trapping miss Carlyle as it would be a matter of sending her away from the battle. And yes, it would be quite vulgar... but it would follow the regular flow of time rather than go against it, so the cost might be significantly less than if it were a question of sending someone into the past..."

"True...hmmm..."

"The problem...is that we do not have the time to perform the Gilgul rite, it gives that Avatar to much of a chance to act...there is only one quicker way I know of to destroy and Avatar..." He said but he seamed unable to finish the explanation, his hand had been on the doorknob as he got ready to go and find Joe...

"Please do not let us keep you from that task, I am sure my amicus here can explain and fill me in..."

"I'll... explain while Chief Joakim is debriefing the ambush team... We lost Master Jameson, and one woman whose name I was not given is... likely to spend the rest of her days in a coma, and even if she should come to, she won't be... herself anymore... But aside from that, it appears there are only... well, what passes for superficial injuries when you have skilled and powerful magical healers in the room. It does appear that everyone was injured, but mostly to the tune of flesh wounds and broken or dislocated limbs... Lady Arden and mrs. Knox are working their fingers off, and mr. Horton has his hands full as well... but it seems almost everyone will survive..."
First I am going to have to speak with Mr Willis but yes please do explain things to your Cabalmate while I am out and I will talk with the strike team at the same time. "That thing must have attack with extreme force...well in either case I must speak with Mr Willis there are...coffee in the pot if you want any, and cups on the shelf...I will be back shortly."

"Yes sir." His shoulders dropped a notch and he shook his head gravely and began to pace a little once the Chief had left and he looked back at Colin. He folded his arms and then unfolded them, reaching for the coffee pot more for the act of doing something than circling his thoughts. "That...what you said of that one woman is not survival. Dire...what she did that to the team..."

He waited for Joakim to close the door, and held up the thermos in front of himself, "Adley, this contains the most evil, immoral and unethical weapon I've ever contemplated... If we have to use it, we'll never be able to scrub the stain off our consciences..."

Holding the pot in one hand and his mug in the other, he stopped stock-still with his back to him. "So much so that you will not even voice it..." He put the pot back down and turned to look at him, a distant look in his eyes and his posture was tense, expecting something he didn't want to hear but was intent on hearing it anyway, shoulders set and jaw tight.

// I'm gonna have to assume that Adley didn't try to whisk the Chief out or start doing his hurry up dance again, though I think he would have waited for him to come back to continue some of that strategy-talk lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:57 am

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "Not all secrets are equal... but yes, sage advice. Hum... on the note of getting the most out of life, you might wish to have a word with young mr. Willis - he's taken it rather hard that he was part of the capture of a twelve-year-old Nephandus whose fate is... looking outright dark. You might have some insights that can help put him at ease..."

"Yes you are right Mr Wainwright not all secrets are equal off course, even so sometimes there are things no one else needs to know and that is perfectly fine."
Francesca said then she frowned.
"That is a heavy burden to bare. I can have a talk with the young man but I am not sure what I can say that will make it better, that such a capture was necessary might not help that much but yes, I will do what I can."

He nodded, "Well, then, miss Jarden, I hope you sleep easy today."

"I will try Mr Wainwright, and thank you, though with the Chantry in danger, it feels wrong to sleep safely while my friends fight."
Isabella said with a frown.
"There is nothing for it though, so I will try."

He gave her a roguish grin, "While I'd consider it a privilege to have you work on me, I suppose that's a privelege I would prefer to postpone indefinitely. Ah, by the way, there was a message sent to Senex earlier - I do hope you don't mind that I namedropped you as a reference of character?"

Philippa gave a bit of a smile.
"Well yes while I would gladly apply my gifts to aid you kind Sir, I prefer that such was not needed."
She said then she nodded.
"I do not mind Mr Wainwright, not at all."
She said but when Master Senex was mentioned she did look a bit concerned.

He nodded, "I don't think her Avatar is greatly impeded - she might be, but she herself is not the danger, as such..."

"Indeed and that is a problem, if Miss Carlyle is wounded and in pain that might just spur that soul of hers to grater effort."
Joakim said and he looked rather concerned.

He nodded, "As things stand, I should rather risk a Caul than that sort of public disclosure...

"Yes well let us try to avoid both shall we."

He frowned and nodded thoughtfully, "That... is a risk. I still think it's the safest bet unless someone can come up with a lockdown for the Avatar..."

"It might be the only ethical choice we have at least, sending her forwards in time, but like I said there is a risk that might be as dangerous and if we do so we loose access to Miss Carlyle and have no way of dealing with the host, then we have to deal with her soul if it is still able to attack us, though off course there is a chance it will not want to once the host is out of immediate danger."

He pondered, "I suppose the fact that this will be done in a Labyrinth might soften the impact a little..."

"If the labyrinth is located within the Umbra then yes that might lessen the impact though the caster of such a rote will still take a heavy hit of Paradox, there is nothing to help that, not with that kind of time manipulation."

He nodded, "I hope they have some useful insights... Even if each of them only has a single piece to the puzzle."

"I hope so as well."
Joakim said and nodded.

Colin looked up at the coffee pot and shook his head, "Thanks, but no thanks... I feel sour and bitter enough as it is..."

Joakim looked up at the coffee put and looked sadly at Colin.
"No, you are right Mr Wainwright no need to marinade ourselves in more bitterness at the moment."
He muttered is a soft, strange tone of voice before he regarded the two magi for a moment before leaving the room to speak with Joe and the survivors from the strike ill fated strike team.

Adley:

"Hm....well we know that it can be affected and that is something." He looked thoughtful, looking around the room for inspiration or maybe he was just looking around the contents of his own mind, trying to piece together what they'd found out.

"It can be affected and we might find some way to use some sort of banishing, I pray to the Gods we find some other way to deal with it than...our last resort."
Joakim muttered and shivered again, looking pale and tired.

"Please do not let us keep you from that task, I am sure my amicus here can explain and fill me in..."

The old hedge wizard just nodded at that before he left the room to see to his tasks.

(OOC: Yes probably, Joakim had a short talk with Adley and Colin before hurrying out to speak with Joe.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 am

"Yes you are right Mr Wainwright not all secrets are equal off course, even so sometimes there are things no one else needs to know and that is perfectly fine."
Francesca said then she frowned.
"That is a heavy burden to bare. I can have a talk with the young man but I am not sure what I can say that will make it better, that such a capture was necessary might not help that much but yes, I will do what I can."
Colin smiled, "You can tell him that there's a willing Mentor for the girl, so long as that man's Chantry accepts it..."

"I do not mind Mr Wainwright, not at all."
She said but when Master Senex was mentioned she did look a bit concerned.
He nodded, "Good... I was a bit concerned about that, but the message was of such an urgent nature, we needed someone to vouch for us, in whole or in part..."

"If the labyrinth is located within the Umbra then yes that might lessen the impact though the caster of such a rote will still take a heavy hit of Paradox, there is nothing to help that, not with that kind of time manipulation."
"All we can hope for is a softened blow..."

"Certainly not," he said with a touch of a smile.
He grinned, "Well, I'd be glad to test innovation against formal training any day we've had at least a week's peace and quiet..."

"Yes sir." His shoulders dropped a notch and he shook his head gravely and began to pace a little once the Chief had left and he looked back at Colin. He folded his arms and then unfolded them, reaching for the coffee pot more for the act of doing something than circling his thoughts. "That...what you said of that one woman is not survival. Dire...what she did that to the team..."
He shook his head, "No, it's not survival... according to Lady Arden and mrs. Knox, the poor woman's head was crushed. Not cracked, but crushed... God knows what sort of raw kinetic power that thing can muster... or maybe it was one of miss Carlyle's other summoned spirits that did that, I don't know..."

"No, you are right Mr Wainwright no need to marinade ourselves in more bitterness at the moment."
"I don't suppose you have an Alka-Selzer or something, though?"

Holding the pot in one hand and his mug in the other, he stopped stock-still with his back to him. "So much so that you will not even voice it..." He put the pot back down and turned to look at him, a distant look in his eyes and his posture was tense, expecting something he didn't want to hear but was intent on hearing it anyway, shoulders set and jaw tight.
He sighed deeply, "This thermos contains plan V... if miss Carlyle's Avatar can't be stopped in any other way, we will be forced to kill her... and feed her a mouthful of Tremere blood. It goes against every moral fiber in my body, but it's a method that should work, at least... Miss Jarden does not know what we needed a sample of her blood for, and I would rather she never finds out..."

((OOC: "On a scale from an assassin's dagger in the back to a bomb on the subway, how wrong is this?" "Approximately Auschwitz." "...Fuck." Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 am

Colin smiled, "You can tell him that there's a willing Mentor for the girl, so long as that man's Chantry accepts it..."

"That is one brave mage to take on such a child as a apprentice but yes it might ease Mr Willis' mind as then at least by law she should have a chance...I think I am no expert in our laws."
Francesca said and nodded.
"I will tell him."

He nodded, "Good... I was a bit concerned about that, but the message was of such an urgent nature, we needed someone to vouch for us, in whole or in part..."

"As long as you do not expect more than my honesty Mr Wainwright, I will be happy to say that I do not know you well but from what I have seen you are a good man, with good values."
Philippa said as she examined her patient.

"All we can hope for is a softened blow..."

"Yes...that is indeed all we can hope for."
Joakim said and sigh.

"I don't suppose you have an Alka-Selzer or something, though?"

Joakim looked at you and raised and eyebrow.
"No...I do have some bottled water it that cabinet over there."
He said and pointed before he left not really getting your joke.

(OOC: DIY vampires...hum...well yes not the most kind thing to do.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 am

"That is one brave mage to take on such a child as a apprentice but yes it might ease Mr Willis' mind as then at least by law she should have a chance...I think I am no expert in our laws."
"I will tell him."
Colin grinned wryly, "Brave... or stuck with a sense of obligation..."

"As long as you do not expect more than my honesty Mr Wainwright, I will be happy to say that I do not know you well but from what I have seen you are a good man, with good values."
Philippa said as she examined her patient.
He smiled, "I would not dare to presume anyone might lie on my behalf. I would trust any reference I name to give their sincere opinion of me - even if that should prove to be unfavourable."

Joakim looked at you and raised and eyebrow.
"No...I do have some bottled water it that cabinet over there."
He said and pointed before he left not really getting your joke.
He nodded and helped himself to a small bottle, "Thank you - not quite the same, but it should rinse the taste out of my mouth..."

((OOC: Alka-Seltzer wasn't a joke - it's an antacid. Rather like Samarin or Nyco.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "Brave... or stuck with a sense of obligation..."

"That is one hell of an obligation Colin and taking a young Fallen for an apprentice are sure to end in a tragedy, but yes it might at least give Mr Willis a sense of peace knowing the girl will not just be thrown into some cell."

He smiled, "I would not dare to presume anyone might lie on my behalf. I would trust any reference I name to give their sincere opinion of me - even if that should prove to be unfavourable."

Philippa gave a approving nod.
"Well said Mr Wainwright and under those conditions I do not mind at all speaking my honest opinion."
She said politely as she worked.

He nodded and helped himself to a small bottle, "Thank you - not quite the same, but it should rinse the taste out of my mouth..."

You find several small bottles of water on the shelf.
"I for one think I will need more than water to cleanse the foul taste of this night out of my mouth when everything is said and done, providing we are all still here at that point."
Joakim grumbled before he left.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply me and my husband bought a movie and watched it over lunch.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:31 pm

He sighed deeply, "This thermos contains plan V... if miss Carlyle's Avatar can't be stopped in any other way, we will be forced to kill her... and feed her a mouthful of Tremere blood. It goes against every moral fiber in my body, but it's a method that should work, at least... Miss Jarden does not know what we needed a sample of her blood for, and I would rather she never finds out..."

Adley's hand tightened on the mug, white-knuckled as he stared...then glared at Colin. His eyes glanced down at the thermos with more than distaste, or discomfort. Suddenly he understood the Chief's behavior. It had been more than people had died on a mission, bad as that was. He'd been about to ask where he'd gotten it from, but he wasn't sure he appreciated the answer he got all that much more than if it had come from Carmon. The girl didn't even know. "You took...no, I don't condone this. At all. I agree that they need to be stopped but this..." He scowled, looking away. "Sometimes I wish you were a little less creative, amicus," he said and tried to get a hold on his temper before it started getting away again. Not that destroying an avatar was something he generally desired to do, no matter how it was done. In this case he saw no option and the gilgul had failed. There had to be something! "Nothing good is going to come out of that plan, so let's think of another. Right now. There has to be another way."

// >. <

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:07 pm

"That is one hell of an obligation Colin and taking a young Fallen for an apprentice are sure to end in a tragedy, but yes it might at least give Mr Willis a sense of peace knowing the girl will not just be thrown into some cell."
Colin nodded, "Tragedy, yes... but if the girl's life is a little less unbearable in the interim, it'll put my soul at ease, at least..."

You find several small bottles of water on the shelf.
"I for one think I will need more than water to cleanse the foul taste of this night out of my mouth when everything is said and done, providing we are all still here at that point."
Joakim grumbled before he left.
He sighed, "True enough... but right now, every little bit helps."

Adley's hand tightened on the mug, white-knuckled as he stared...then glared at Colin. His eyes glanced down at the thermos with more than distaste, or discomfort. Suddenly he understood the Chief's behavior. It had been more than people had died on a mission, bad as that was. He'd been about to ask where he'd gotten it from, but he wasn't sure he appreciated the answer he got all that much more than if it had come from Carmon. The girl didn't even know. "You took...no, I don't condone this. At all. I agree that they need to be stopped but this..." He scowled, looking away. "Sometimes I wish you were a little less creative, amicus," he said and tried to get a hold on his temper before it started getting away again. Not that destroying an avatar was something he generally desired to do, no matter how it was done. In this case he saw no option and the gilgul had failed. There had to be something! "Nothing good is going to come out of that plan, so let's think of another. Right now. There has to be another way."
Colin nodded slowly, "I did not take it by force, I asked politely - and as a mild consolation, it might be of use if the Tremere have volunteered some protections in the Labyrinth, but... no, you are absolutely right in not condoning it. You heard the idea for a timeskip instead; I'd be glad to do that - almost extatic, even - because as much as I thought of this plan V, I hate it with a passion. But without any working alternatives... we need to deal with miss Carlyle. And I pray we can find a means that will not so permanently leave a black mark on my soul... I agree, nothing good will come of doing this, but without a better solution - any solution - with something close to reliable odds before we assault the Labyrinth, we have to fall back on this as an absolutely last resort if miss Carlyle decides to fight. If we're lucky, she's gone to ground elsewhere, and won't present a problem, and I can pour this filth out in the sunlight instead... If."

((OOC: And this goes to prove: A desperate Colin is the last thing you want on the battlefield... because when pressed, he WILL come up with a way to accomplish the objective, and it just might be a horrible way, however effective... :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Colin nodded, "Tragedy, yes... but if the girl's life is a little less unbearable in the interim, it'll put my soul at ease, at least..."

"I hope so, her most likely fate is so...horrible, if she can have some happiness before that...I think it would be good if she got a chance to, even if she is a Nephandus."

He sighed, "True enough... but right now, every little bit helps."

Joakim sigh and gave a bitter nod to that then he closed the door behind him.

(OOC: Well there is a reason why Jodelle want to recruit him. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:30 am

Colin nodded slowly, "I did not take it by force, I asked politely - and as a mild consolation, it might be of use if the Tremere have volunteered some protections in the Labyrinth, but... no, you are absolutely right in not condoning it. You heard the idea for a timeskip instead; I'd be glad to do that - almost extatic, even - because as much as I thought of this plan V, I hate it with a passion. But without any working alternatives... we need to deal with miss Carlyle. And I pray we can find a means that will not so permanently leave a black mark on my soul... I agree, nothing good will come of doing this, but without a better solution - any solution - with something close to reliable odds before we assault the Labyrinth, we have to fall back on this as an absolutely last resort if miss Carlyle decides to fight. If we're lucky, she's gone to ground elsewhere, and won't present a problem, and I can pour this filth out in the sunlight instead... If."

"It's the exact -opposite- of a mild consolation." He shook his head and put the cup down only to pick it right back up again and start pacing, holding his tongue on several things in light of the time it would waste. "Let's get started on working alternatives before I throw that into the nearest fire to give us the necessary impetus." He turned back to him, "Because no, we do not -have to- and because no, any solution is not better than none at all." He stopped short again, put the cup down on the edge of the desk and sat down to write, swatting his hair out of his face. "Let's go over what we know, the perceived arena of the battle...what we highly speculate..." he said, as he started back on the page he'd been working on earlier, with the notes about Matty.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next