Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 26 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Cara's eyes widened.
"Oh my the Nephandi child, we that will be a challenge, do you think it is safe to take her in? I guess it is better than her waiting in a cell though...I assume with a heart condition dealing with her the...ehm regular...way will be difficult."
Colin nodded, "Safe? Not... the right term, I think - though I don't believe she will be a danger to me. Is it the right thing to do, however? Without even the shadow of a doubt. Still... there's little chance of a happy outcome. Not the same as no chance, though..."

"True enough, a game that have you at the edge of your seat can be rather fun at times though."
The Hermetic said and grinned. Crexia gave you both a bit of a stern look for discussing computer games at a time like this.
He coughed lightly, "Ah, yes, timing."

'Yes, it could be. So I was told that a sacrifice would plant the pine cone; but for the person overwhelmed, not everyone could handle the light of hope. I do not know precisely who the latter will be, but it seems that the state of them will help in determining the difference. 'We will need to figure a way to keep that all hidden until the right moment though, don't you think? What is our transport method, by ground I assume? If so, we should make sure the car has enough fuel. What else do we need to do before we go?'
He sighed, whispering softly, "That... will probably be miss Carlyle."

"Yes I would like you to have the main responsibility to keep our healer and our two guides alive down there, as well as backing up your Cabalmate and if we need to, work with the rest of us in Concert."
The archmaga said.
"Well if there is nothing further we should go, there is little time to drive now so I will be making a portal to a nearby area and we will go on foot from there and approach the Labyrinth from the sewers."
She declared Cara gave you a slight wry grin.
"Jay more sewers."
She muttered.
His eyes widened for a moment, "Portal? That won't... cause difficulty with carried Quintessence, will it? Because teleporting with those tanks was... unpleasant. Very, very unpleasant."

He felt himself give her a small smile back. "In that case, boots are recommended."
He frowned, "Quite... Where did I put mine, again?"

((OOC: Yeah, where DID Colin leave those boots, again?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 26 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Adley Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:28 pm

"Well I am your memory of me when I was a little girl even if we never met back then, so perhaps you are the one ahead..." She said and giggled. "Sometimes a father is an egg but not the one you boil and eat...no that would be bad..."

"You are an enigmatic child. Sometimes a father is an egg. Sometimes an egg is a father...hum, I have heard that some children are born of eggs."

He sighed, whispering softly, "That... will probably be miss Carlyle."

"Perhaps, but keep an open mind."

Cara smiled and showed you her feet who had on the boots Daisy had made for her. "I thought we would be going through the sewer entrance so I come prepared, but that do not mean I have to like it Sodalis."

"I wouldn't impose the notion," he agreed. Then he looked at Crexia, more seriously. "Ma'am I had thought we were taking other means." He wrote to her, 'How far away are we starting from, and have we discussed our approach? Should I make the last preparations in here, before we leave? I am loud, if we are sneaking it might give us away.'  Then he ripped out the pages of his notebook and took out his lighter, and made a gesture at the pages Colin had written on in his notebook, an offer to get rid of the wad of papers before they left.

He looked down at Colin's feet, surprised. And then remembered about the bites. "Infirmary is my guess, if not the van."

// when you think you hit enter an hour or so ago, but didn't >. <

Last edited by s7trif3 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some of my post got doubled)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 pm

Colin nodded, "Safe? Not... the right term, I think - though I don't believe she will be a danger to me. Is it the right thing to do, however? Without even the shadow of a doubt. Still... there's little chance of a happy outcome. Not the same as no chance, though..."

The Criamon nodded and gave you an approving look.
"It is the right thing to do, she might be a Nephandus but she is also a child and she deserve better than aviating such a fate in a cold cell, even so I guess trusting her will be hard, at least at first."

He coughed lightly, "Ah, yes, timing."

James looked a little embarrassed.
"Ehm...yeah sorry...a discussion for a later time Mr Wainwright, a later time when we are not so pressed for time."

His eyes widened for a moment, "Portal? That won't... cause difficulty with carried Quintessence, will it? Because teleporting with those tanks was... unpleasant. Very, very unpleasant."

"Opening a portal should not work the same as teleporting directly...even so I admit to not being completely sure Mr Wainwright...but we have little chance if we are to get to the Labyrinth in time."
Crexia said and frowned.
"I think it should be fine though, I will merely be bringing two places together in space."

"I think you left them in Mirri's car Mr Wainwright."
Cara suggested.

"You are an enigmatic child. Sometimes a father is an egg. Sometimes an egg is a father...hum, I have heard that some children are born of eggs."

The little girl grinned and nodded.
"Yes some children are born of eggs but never alone and yet they are one."
She said and nodded.
"I am merely the spiritual memory of your sister's childhood, I speak as plain as I can."

"I wouldn't impose the notion," he agreed.

The young Criamon gave you a good natured smile in return.

Then he looked at Crexia, more seriously. "Ma'am I had thought we were taking other means." He wrote to her, 'How far away are we starting from, and have we discussed our approach? Should I make the last preparations in here, before we leave? I am loud, if we are sneaking it might give us away.'

"I would have preferred to go by car but I do not think we can make that in time."
He said but then Leon spoke up.
"I might be able to help with that my Lady, usually driving to the location of the Labyrinth will take twenty minutes but I can make sure that all conditions are on our side and that the road will just seam...shorter, that will cut down on travel time drastically."
He offered and Crexia nodded.
"That is not a bad idea Sodalis, it might be safer. I had intended that we would appear in one of these side streets here just a few buildings from the manhole we have to go down but using cars would cause less attention."
The archmaga agreed.
"And be less dangerous considering the Quintessence tanks..."
She said and glanced at Colin before she turned her attention to you again.
"If we go by car Mr Roth Hicks can you do your final preparations in the vehicle?"

(OOC 1: Mirri's van or the infirmary take your pick I do not think it was specifically stated, so right now they are in forgotten RPG equipment hell.)

(OOC 2: Sorry for my late reply I was at a local psychic fair today, it was fun but I had to sit on my hands not to start protesting when a lady doing a Tarot lecture well let us just say, she have clearly learned hers from new agey angle decks and that is fine if she do not present that as the core system, anyway that is why I have not been posting.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:08 pm

The Criamon nodded and gave you an approving look.
"It is the right thing to do, she might be a Nephandus but she is also a child and she deserve better than aviating such a fate in a cold cell, even so I guess trusting her will be hard, at least at first."
Colin nodded, "She'll have to earn trust, yes... I do know, though, that she's a clever and desperate child, so it's going to take a while to determine whether she's decided to play it straight, or pretend to be trustworthy so she gains a bit more freedom... I have faith."

"Opening a portal should not work the same as teleporting directly...even so I admit to not being completely sure Mr Wainwright...but we have little chance if we are to get to the Labyrinth in time."
Crexia said and frowned.
"I think it should be fine though, I will merely be bringing two places together in space."
He nodded, "Well, if needs must be... I can swiftly dismiss any bleedover before it can... settle. Assuming, of course, I don't lose my breakfast first. It's a pretty vile sensation."

"I think you left them in Mirri's car Mr Wainwright."
Cara suggested.
He looked down at Colin's feet, surprised. And then remembered about the bites. "Infirmary is my guess, if not the van."
He pondered momentarily, "I believe you're right - I forgot them there after taking them off to check the rat bite... the little bastards."

Then he ripped out the pages of his notebook and took out his lighter, and made a gesture at the pages Colin had written on in his notebook, an offer to get rid of the wad of papers before they left.
He nodded and tore out the couple of pages from his own notebook, handing them over with a smooth folding gesture.

"I would have preferred to go by car but I do not think we can make that in time."
He said but then Leon spoke up.
"I might be able to help with that my Lady, usually driving to the location of the Labyrinth will take twenty minutes but I can make sure that all conditions are on our side and that the road will just seam...shorter, that will cut down on travel time drastically."
He offered and Crexia nodded.
"That is not a bad idea Sodalis, it might be safer. I had intended that we would appear in one of these side streets here just a few buildings from the manhole we have to go down but using cars would cause less attention."
The archmaga agreed.
"And be less dangerous considering the Quintessence tanks..."
"If we go by car Mr Roth Hicks can you do your final preparations in the vehicle?"
He raised his hand with a nod, "I vote for Mr. Tallweller's idea, even acknowledging that this is not a democracy. Taking a vehicular shortcut seems significantly less risky than a portal - both in terms of Paradox and accidental Resonance exposure."

((OOC: Yeah, I think it was the van, where he took the boots off to check the rat bite, not the infirmary where he got the tetanus shot..."

((OOC2: Well, it's not like you were the only one to attend the conference. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:59 am

He nodded and tore out the couple of pages from his own notebook, handing them over with a smooth folding gesture

"Pardon," he said and looked for a decent place to light them, away from the quint, just in case.

"Yes, just let me know how much time I have. We should also prepare the the latter a bit before we leave," he said, glancing at Colin.

// not a problem, I hope you had fun. Went to IKEA today. Now I have projects xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:26 am

Colin nodded, "She'll have to earn trust, yes... I do know, though, that she's a clever and desperate child, so it's going to take a while to determine whether she's decided to play it straight, or pretend to be trustworthy so she gains a bit more freedom... I have faith."

"I think often it can be a bit of both, and yes I suppose she will be desperate I assume she knows the most likely...outcome for her."
Cara asked and looked down.
"Poor child."

He nodded, "Well, if needs must be... I can swiftly dismiss any bleedover before it can... settle. Assuming, of course, I don't lose my breakfast first. It's a pretty vile sensation."

"I can deal with vile sensations Mr Wainwright but yes it would be most impractical."

He pondered momentarily, "I believe you're right - I forgot them there after taking them off to check the rat bite... the little bastards."

"They where rather nasty however if the Nephandi got a vampire to summon that swarm then hopefully that critter is sleeping like a baby right now."
Cara muttered.

He raised his hand with a nod, "I vote for Mr. Tallweller's idea, even acknowledging that this is not a democracy. Taking a vehicular shortcut seems significantly less risky than a portal - both in terms of Paradox and accidental Resonance exposure."

"Hum...yes you might be right Mr Wainwright in which case we are going now, we can not afford to wait any longer unless there are any other points that needs to be addressed?"
Crexia asked.
"And while it is not a democracy suggestions are accepted gladly."

"Pardon," he said and looked for a decent place to light them, away from the quint, just in case.

Well there was a mostly empty metal trashcan up by the desk, it could be moved anywhere it was practical to burn the notes.

"Yes, just let me know how much time I have. We should also prepare the the latter a bit before we leave," he said, glancing at Colin.

"It will be a about five minute drive."
Leon said and Crexia nodded.
"Yes we should oh and Mr Roth Hicks..."
She said and handed you one of the fly swatters and three of the beads.
"Usually I would leave this with the more experienced magi but things happen around your Cabal young man so I have a nagging feeling you will be in the thick of it."
She muttered as she begun to hand beads and fly swatters out to the other Hermetics.

(OOC: Wee IKEA where you buy frustration. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:48 pm

"I think often it can be a bit of both, and yes I suppose she will be desperate I assume she knows the most likely...outcome for her."
Cara asked and looked down.
"Poor child."
He frowned, "I should like to confiscate a few items from some of the personal quarters in the Labyrinth, though; Anna's personal items - that's the girl - and there's a game console and a few games of which she's fond. Naturally, not without checking them for magical residue before removal, but... I should at least have some creature comforts ready for her if she accepts my taking her in."

"I can deal with vile sensations Mr Wainwright but yes it would be most impractical."
He grimaced, "As can I, and I can get rid of it quite quickly, too, but it is quite disruptive nonetheless."

"They where rather nasty however if the Nephandi got a vampire to summon that swarm then hopefully that critter is sleeping like a baby right now."
Cara muttered.
He nodded, "Commanding swarms of rats, bats or packs of wolves does seem to fall under the traditional purview of vampires; especially considering I don't recall seeing any taint on the rats."

"Hum...yes you might be right Mr Wainwright in which case we are going now, we can not afford to wait any longer unless there are any other points that needs to be addressed?"
Crexia asked.
"And while it is not a democracy suggestions are accepted gladly."
"Well, I shall need a very quick detour by Mirri's van to fetch a most excellent pair of boots. But I gather if we're to drive after all, that won't be a problem."

"It will be a about five minute drive."
Leon said and Crexia nodded.
"Yes we should oh and Mr Roth Hicks..."
She said and handed you one of the fly swatters and three of the beads.
"Usually I would leave this with the more experienced magi but things happen around your Cabal young man so I have a nagging feeling you will be in the thick of it."
She muttered as she begun to hand beads and fly swatters out to the other Hermetics.
He gave Adley a small grin, "Well, from experience, I should say we could do well with earplugs, as preparation work in a small, confined space tends to get rather loud... but I don't know that the time constraints should be much of a problem, should it? And yes, we do seem to get into the strangest of situations of late."

((OOC: IKEA is also a good place to get Swedish Meatballs. Wink Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7uK7VQCA3I Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:29 pm

He frowned, "I should like to confiscate a few items from some of the personal quarters in the Labyrinth, though; Anna's personal items - that's the girl - and there's a game console and a few games of which she's fond. Naturally, not without checking them for magical residue before removal, but... I should at least have some creature comforts ready for her if she accepts my taking her in."

"That sounds reasonable enough Mr Wainwright though you will have to ask Lady Crexia for permission for that and as you say check the items for residue and arcane connections, but yes if the child can be made a little more comfortable that is good, for life will not be easy for her the coming months..."
Cara said with a sigh and nodded.

He grimaced, "As can I, and I can get rid of it quite quickly, too, but it is quite disruptive nonetheless."

"Yes let us try to avoid that Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Commanding swarms of rats, bats or packs of wolves does seem to fall under the traditional purview of vampires; especially considering I don't recall seeing any taint on the rats."

"It is a vampire power, one of their more common linear powers allow them to do such a thing, or so I have heard, though off course magick also allow one to perform such a feat."
Olamide said and nodded in your direction.
"Well let us hope a vampire did it ma'am for that mean the guy is sleeping right now."
Cara muttered and shuddered.
"I do not want to meet another pack of rats."

"Well, I shall need a very quick detour by Mirri's van to fetch a most excellent pair of boots. But I gather if we're to drive after all, that won't be a problem."

"No since it seams we are going to drive fetching those boots from the van should not be a problem, we should start moving towards the garage though."
Crexia said.

He gave Adley a small grin, "Well, from experience, I should say we could do well with earplugs, as preparation work in a small, confined space tends to get rather loud... but I don't know that the time constraints should be much of a problem, should it? And yes, we do seem to get into the strangest of situations of late."

"Earplugs will also make it harder to hear your allies but yes it might not be a bad precaution if you have some on hand."
Crexia said.
"Yes if there are much preparation work needed that can not be done in the car then making a time bubble might be worth it though I do not fancy attracting more Paradox than need be...and yes it seams the gods have their eyes on your Cabal Mr Wainwright..."
The old Hermetic said and narrowed her eyes a little.
"For good or for bane..."

(OOC: Yeah the meatballs at IKEA are delicious. We always pick them up when we are there and cook them up with spaghetti.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 pm

"Hum...yes you might be right Mr Wainwright in which case we are going now, we can not afford to wait any longer unless there are any other points that needs to be addressed?" Crexia asked.

"None at this time, ma'am." He grabbed the trashcan and moved it away from Colin, lit the papers with his lighter and incinerated them as carefully as he could.

It will be a about five minute drive." Leon said and Crexia nodded.

"Thank you."

She said and handed you one of the fly swatters and three of the beads. "Usually I would leave this with the more experienced magi but things happen around your Cabal young man so I have a nagging feeling you will be in the thick of it."

"Indeed, thank you," he said and took it. He glanced at Colin, then stowed it for the time being.

"If we have the time or capacity..." he said.

"Earplugs will also make it harder to hear your allies but yes it might not be a bad precaution if you have some on hand."
Crexia said

"I believe he is making fun of me, ma'am." He gave his cabalmate a mock-glare, then said with a head tilt, "We all know you love my dulcet tones, amicus. Don't tempt me to sing a rousing rally song." He stood up and seemed ready to be out the door at Crexia's word.

// LOL I forgot about that scene Laughing Laughing I hope I didn't buy too much frustration - I don't know, there's something masochistic about assembling flatpacks, isn't' there? I love going to Ikea, I love thinking about what it will look like, putting it together not so much!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:40 pm

"None at this time, ma'am." He grabbed the trashcan and moved it away from Colin, lit the papers with his lighter and incinerated them as carefully as he could.

Crexia nodded.
"Good."
Was all she said, the flames flared up around the small pile of notes and while they did not reduce them to dust they did make them gray, curled up and unreadable.
"I really need to get you that tablet..."
Crexia muttered as she glanced at the trashcan.
"I really do."

"Indeed, thank you," he said and took it. He glanced at Colin, then stowed it for the time being.

The old archmaga gave you a nod.

"I believe he is making fun of me, ma'am." He gave his cabalmate a mock-glare, then said with a head tilt, "We all know you love my dulcet tones, amicus. Don't tempt me to sing a rousing rally song." He stood up and seemed ready to be out the door at Crexia's word.

"Well as long as you help me take care of the Labyrinth you can sing all you want Mr Roth Hicks."
Crexia said with a small smile then she nodded and made a gesture with her hand.
"Very well then ladies and gentlemen, let us go."
She said and left the classroom and headed for the stairs and then the garage.
"We will take three cars, mine, Jacob's and Miss Willis' will that work for your rote Sodalis?"
She asked adressing Leon and the Fortunae nodded.
"Yes my Lady, that will work just fine."

(OOC: Yeah well there are always some screws missing or extra. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:57 pm

"That sounds reasonable enough Mr Wainwright though you will have to ask Lady Crexia for permission for that and as you say check the items for residue and arcane connections, but yes if the child can be made a little more comfortable that is good, for life will not be easy for her the coming months..."
Cara said with a sigh and nodded.
Colin shrugged, "It's a simple request - it would in any case be wasteful to simply destroy everything in the Labyrinth. Certainly, there's bound to be things of at least monetary value there that's not hopelessly tainted, which can be confiscated and divvied up between Morningstar and her allies in this assault."

"If we have the time or capacity..." he said.
He nodded, "I think there should be a few minutes available for calling dibs during the cleanup after the fight is done."

"It is a vampire power, one of their more common linear powers allow them to do such a thing, or so I have heard, though off course magick also allow one to perform such a feat."
Olamide said and nodded in your direction.
"Well let us hope a vampire did it ma'am for that mean the guy is sleeping right now."
Cara muttered and shuddered.
"I do not want to meet another pack of rats."
He grimaced, "Indeed... I'm still a bit worried about the invisible vampire we were forced to leave behind incapacitated under the swarm..."

Crexia said.
"Yes if there are much preparation work needed that can not be done in the car then making a time bubble might be worth it though I do not fancy attracting more Paradox than need be...and yes it seams the gods have their eyes on your Cabal Mr Wainwright..."
The old Hermetic said and narrowed her eyes a little.
"For good or for bane..."
"Well as long as you help me take care of the Labyrinth you can sing all you want Mr Roth Hicks."
Crexia said with a small smile then she nodded and made a gesture with her hand.
"Very well then ladies and gentlemen, let us go."
She said and left the classroom and headed for the stairs and then the garage.
"We will take three cars, mine, Jacob's and Miss Willis' will that work for your rote Sodalis?"
She asked adressing Leon and the Fortunae nodded.
"Yes my Lady, that will work just fine."
He grinned roguishly, "I only half-joked - Mr. Roth Hicks' voice, while pleasant, does cut through even magical silence, and rather does swell to fill the room when he works. So far, it's generally been a boon, though."
He tilted his head, meeting Crexia's gaze, "Everyone is the protagonist of their own story, Milady... And it's not the ones who hunker down to let events run them over with impunity of whom the gods take notice, is it? Even more reason to make sure one's motivations, ideals and choices match the intended outcome, since we'll all be judged... eventually."

((OOC: Yeah, well, I'm quite pleased with my bed, though whenever my schnuckums and I move, I'm probably going to sell it to the landlady. Dismantling it is one thing, but I don't have the equipment to compress and roll up that humongous mattress again. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Colin shrugged, "It's a simple request - it would in any case be wasteful to simply destroy everything in the Labyrinth. Certainly, there's bound to be things of at least monetary value there that's not hopelessly tainted, which can be confiscated and divvied up between Morningstar and her allies in this assault."

"I would not want anything from the Labyrinth, even mundane artifacts at this Chantry but I am not going to deny anyone from taking something that have been properly examined and where we are sure the Fallen can not use those things to get a foot in the door."
Crexia said.
"If there is time."

He grimaced, "Indeed... I'm still a bit worried about the invisible vampire we were forced to leave behind incapacitated under the swarm..."

"Yes I hope he was not eaten..."
Cara said and looked down.
"That would not be a good way to go."
She muttered.
"I doubt rodents would eat a vampire, even if they where controlled they would not eat dead meat...as long as he was either left in a state to get up on his own before dawn or protected from sunlight the Massassa you speak of should be fine Mr Wainwright."
Olamide commented.

He grinned roguishly, "I only half-joked - Mr. Roth Hicks' voice, while pleasant, does cut through even magical silence, and rather does swell to fill the room when he works. So far, it's generally been a boon, though."

"I am sure we will be fine with your Cabalmate's voice even in a confined space."
Crexia said and nodded.

He tilted his head, meeting Crexia's gaze, "Everyone is the protagonist of their own story, Milady... And it's not the ones who hunker down to let events run them over with impunity of whom the gods take notice, is it? Even more reason to make sure one's motivations, ideals and choices match the intended outcome, since we'll all be judged... eventually."

The old archmaga looks at you for a moment then she nodded.
"Well said Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"Well we all have a purpose here, to have the world keep spinning."
She added before she turned and went to the door to lead the first floor, our the door and to the secondary building and the garage. As you passed the lobby there where allot less chatter from the cafeteria, it seamed one of the teams had already left.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:00 pm

"I would not want anything from the Labyrinth, even mundane artifacts at this Chantry but I am not going to deny anyone from taking something that have been properly examined and where we are sure the Fallen can not use those things to get a foot in the door."
Crexia said.
"If there is time."
Colin nodded, "It's safe, I think, to presume they've got some stash of cash there, at least - likely no more tainted than any other money - just for disposable... representation funds. Probably some amounts of mundane materials or resources which a Chantry like Flamingo could put to good use, as well."

"Yes I hope he was not eaten..."
Cara said and looked down.
"That would not be a good way to go."
She muttered.
"I doubt rodents would eat a vampire, even if they where controlled they would not eat dead meat...as long as he was either left in a state to get up on his own before dawn or protected from sunlight the Massassa you speak of should be fine Mr Wainwright."
Olamide commented.
He nodded to Olamde, "Indeed; most likely the fellow suffered no more than a few nibbles as he lay there. Not sure if he could recuperate from the headshot before dawn, but at that location in the storm drain, sunlight should not be able to reach him anyway."

"I am sure we will be fine with your Cabalmate's voice even in a confined space."
Crexia said and nodded.
He nodded, "Quite so."

The old archmaga looks at you for a moment then she nodded.
"Well said Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"Well we all have a purpose here, to have the world keep spinning."
She added before she turned and went to the door to lead the first floor, our the door and to the secondary building and the garage. As you passed the lobby there where allot less chatter from the cafeteria, it seamed one of the teams had already left.
He nodded to Crexia, then picked up the tanks again, pulling the straps over his shoulders before following the others, keeping a wary eye on the surroundings on the way to the garage. This was going to be... an unpleasant mission, probably the worst to date...

((OOC: Ooog, too much pizza. Again... But it was sooo gooood... So overly stuffed and tired now... Sleep ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:18 pm

"I really need to get you that tablet..." Crexia muttered as she glanced at the trashcan. "I really do.

"It would be handy," he said.

"Well as long as you help me take care of the Labyrinth you can sing all you want Mr Roth Hicks." Crexia said with a small smile then she nodded and made a gesture with her hand. "Very well then ladies and gentlemen, let us go."

At the last part of Colin's statement he merely glanced at the trash can. Sometimes it happened to be a boon, other times it had turned out awkward. "Yes, let's."

He nodded to Crexia, then picked up the tanks again, pulling the straps over his shoulders before following the others, keeping a wary eye on the surroundings on the way to the garage. This was going to be... an unpleasant mission, probably the worst to date...

He walked out the door, glancing back at his friend as he went. He noted that the place seemed emptier and frowned to himself but didn't break his silence unless addressed.

// mmm pizza Very Happy

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:14 am

Colin nodded, "It's safe, I think, to presume they've got some stash of cash there, at least - likely no more tainted than any other money - just for disposable... representation funds. Probably some amounts of mundane materials or resources which a Chantry like Flamingo could put to good use, as well."

"Yes they might indeed have that and if it is time for us to gather such resources and also scan them and do needed banishments then I do not mind if anyone do so."
Crexia said and looked at Colin.
"But raiding the place is not why we are going and it falls bellow all other priorities."

He nodded to Olamde, "Indeed; most likely the fellow suffered no more than a few nibbles as he lay there. Not sure if he could recuperate from the headshot before dawn, but at that location in the storm drain, sunlight should not be able to reach him anyway."

"I am not sure how quickly they would recover from such a injury Mr Wainwright but whatever or not they are safe in a storm drain depend how far in, they are injured by indirect sunlight, if a vampire is to hide in the bathroom of a hotel room for example they have to cover the small crack under the door to be safe. Unless the creature was so far into the sewers that no sunlight reach him or reflected off the water and reach him than if he is there he will burn, though it might not be enough to kill him."
Olamide commented.

"It would be handy," he said.

"I will get it for you as soon as we are back from the mission."
The archmaga said and nodded.

He walked out the door, glancing back at his friend as he went. He noted that the place seemed emptier and frowned to himself but didn't break his silence unless addressed.

Crexia lead the group of magi down to the garage there where no one else there now, she went to her own old, gray BMW who while old where in good condition and well kept.
"Allright, Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright and Miss Scott ride with me please."
She said and unlocked the car and got into the driver's seat as the other magi arranged themselves into the other two cars.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:46 pm

"Yes they might indeed have that and if it is time for us to gather such resources and also scan them and do needed banishments then I do not mind if anyone do so."
Crexia said and looked at Colin.
"But raiding the place is not why we are going and it falls bellow all other priorities."
Colin nodded, "Obviously, that would be in the aftermath of combat - while sorting through the Labyrinth to make sure there's nothing nasty lurking in the corners after all the combatants are dealt with. No looting before the last shot is fired."

"I am not sure how quickly they would recover from such a injury Mr Wainwright but whatever or not they are safe in a storm drain depend how far in, they are injured by indirect sunlight, if a vampire is to hide in the bathroom of a hotel room for example they have to cover the small crack under the door to be safe. Unless the creature was so far into the sewers that no sunlight reach him or reflected off the water and reach him than if he is there he will burn, though it might not be enough to kill him."
Olamide commented.
He nodded, "Going by the location of the manhole, and the distance into the drain... and direction... I think the fellow will be safe-ish. Unless someone goes down to move him, of course."

Crexia lead the group of magi down to the garage there where no one else there now, she went to her own old, gray BMW who while old where in good condition and well kept.
"Allright, Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright and Miss Scott ride with me please."
She said and unlocked the car and got into the driver's seat as the other magi arranged themselves into the other two cars.
He nodded, striding toward Mirri's van to fetch the boots he'd left there, "That arrangement works for me - would you mind opening the boot so I can stow the tanks there? I believe that would be significantly more comfortable than keeping them with me in the seat."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Colin nodded, "Obviously, that would be in the aftermath of combat - while sorting through the Labyrinth to make sure there's nothing nasty lurking in the corners after all the combatants are dealt with. No looting before the last shot is fired."

"Very well Mr Wainwright on those conditions you can loot to your hearts content, though be aware that before I leave that Labyrinth I intend to see it in an uninhabitable condition so a new infestation can not just move right in to fill Abigail's shoes."
Crexia said then her eyes narrowed.
"Make sure you are done with your looting before such assurances are performed."

He nodded, "Going by the location of the manhole, and the distance into the drain... and direction... I think the fellow will be safe-ish. Unless someone goes down to move him, of course."

"That is good for him, being slowly burned is not comfortable for anyone."
Olamide said and nodded.
"And I would like to leave as few outside victims of our war as possible."

He nodded, striding toward Mirri's van to fetch the boots he'd left there, "That arrangement works for me - would you mind opening the boot so I can stow the tanks there? I believe that would be significantly more comfortable than keeping them with me in the seat."

You find your own boots as well as Adley's on the floor of the mind green van where you had left them when you came back with Carmon. Crexia nodded and unlocked the trunk of her car.
"Just make sure you store them safely Mr Wainwright."
She said out the window.
"But yes I think all of us would prefer not to have them in the car with us no."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:04 pm

"I will get it for you as soon as we are back from the mission." The archmaga said and nodded.

He nodded at her and then reached down to crush any remaining bits of paper in the can.

Crexia lead the group of magi down to the garage there where no one else there now, she went to her own old, gray BMW who while old where in good condition and well kept. "Allright, Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright and Miss Scott ride with me please."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Just make sure you store them safely Mr Wainwright." She said out the window."But yes I think all of us would prefer not to have them in the car with us no."

"Are mine in there somewhere?" he asked Colin hopefully. He went towards the truk of the car to see if he could help find something to keep the tanks from jostling about.

// I forgot if he took his boots off or not - I think he did though, to check for bites. Damn rattos xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:12 pm

"Very well Mr Wainwright on those conditions you can loot to your hearts content, though be aware that before I leave that Labyrinth I intend to see it in an uninhabitable condition so a new infestation can not just move right in to fill Abigail's shoes."
Crexia said then her eyes narrowed.
"Make sure you are done with your looting before such assurances are performed."
Colin nodded, "Realistically, the purging should take some time to prepare - including making sure there are no explosives and the like ready to go off, as well?"

"That is good for him, being slowly burned is not comfortable for anyone."
Olamide said and nodded.
"And I would like to leave as few outside victims of our war as possible."
He nodded, "There's one - and only one - vampire I should like to see put to death right now, and it's not the poor fellow in the storm drain."

You find your own boots as well as Adley's on the floor of the mind green van where you had left them when you came back with Carmon. Crexia nodded and unlocked the trunk of her car.
"Just make sure you store them safely Mr Wainwright."
She said out the window.
"But yes I think all of us would prefer not to have them in the car with us no."
"Are mine in there somewhere?" he asked Colin hopefully. He went towards the truk of the car to see if he could help find something to keep the tanks from jostling about.
He picked up one pair of boots in each hand, and jostled the door shut with his elbow, "I've got them, Adley... If you don't mind, I'll use them to steady the tanks."
He smoothly hoisted the tanks into the trunk and stacked a boot on either side of the tanks, and pulled one over each nozzle, to protect the valves from accidentally opening.

((OOC: Yeah, the rats are annoying, but so cute! ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:44 pm

He nodded at her and then reached down to crush any remaining bits of paper in the can.

You easily crush the burned paper into a fine, gray dust that stick to your fingers like paint.

There where a spare tire, a picnic basket and a blanket in the trunk.

Colin nodded, "Realistically, the purging should take some time to prepare - including making sure there are no explosives and the like ready to go off, as well?"

"It will take some time, but not very much, but yes we have to look for explosives and the like, you have a few minutes ones we are done Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and gave you a level look.
"But you do not have much time."

He nodded, "There's one - and only one - vampire I should like to see put to death right now, and it's not the poor fellow in the storm drain."

"No I heard what...happened to poor Mr Valiant."
Olamide said and looked down.
"He did not deserve that.

He picked up one pair of boots in each hand, and jostled the door shut with his elbow, "I've got them, Adley... If you don't mind, I'll use them to steady the tanks."
He smoothly hoisted the tanks into the trunk and stacked a boot on either side of the tanks, and pulled one over each nozzle, to protect the valves from accidentally opening.

You also have a blanket in the trunk, a basket and a spare tire.
"Are you finding everything you need?"
Crexia asked from the driver's seat.

(OOC: That gray stuff that are left when one burn paper is impossible to get off. Razz Yes I think Adley took his boots of in the van.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:30 pm

You easily crush the burned paper into a fine, gray dust that stick to your fingers like paint.

He glanced at his hands and now looked annoyed, like a cat that had accidentally stepped into a water puddle and found it to be wet. Next glance he was looking for a discarded cup of something preferably water-like to get it off. Pen ink, paper ash...Crexia's tablet was looking better all the time.

"As long as they don't make the boots filthy," he said, with a slight face. He ducked into the car backseat so that he could work on finishing off his rotes.

// pet rats are cute, they're smart things.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 pm

"It will take some time, but not very much, but yes we have to look for explosives and the like, you have a few minutes ones we are done Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and gave you a level look.
"But you do not have much time."
Colin nodded, "I should be able to make good time of it while the cells are checked and evacuated. It's not as though I'd be making complete searches of every room in the structure. As for rendering the place uninhabitable - what do you intend to do with the Nodes? If they could be cleansed over time, that might prove beneficial, to us as well as the health of the city block..."

"No I heard what...happened to poor Mr Valiant."
Olamide said and looked down.
"He did not deserve that.
He nodded slowly, "Death... would have been an acceptable outcome, as such. Undeath... that was where Nicolai crossed the line. Defending his home is one thing, but he went much too far..."

You also have a blanket in the trunk, a basket and a spare tire.
"Are you finding everything you need?"
Crexia asked from the driver's seat.
"As long as they don't make the boots filthy," he said, with a slight face. He ducked into the car backseat so that he could work on finishing off his rotes.
He shifted the blanket around a bit, using it to pad the nozzle end of the tanks a little better, "I believe the tanks should be amply secured - still, best try not to pull off some Hollywoodesque car chase maneuvers, just in case. There's probably a limit to how much of an accidental beating the valves can take, even if they're made of Primium. And your boots are the safest of them Adley - I used them to steady the sides of the tanks, not the... business end."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:33 pm

"I believe the tanks should be amply secured...And your boots are the safest of them Adley - I used them to steady the sides of the tanks, not the... business end."

"Thanks...I do realize the irony. They've already been in a sewer, and yet.."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 am

He glanced at his hands and now looked annoyed, like a cat that had accidentally stepped into a water puddle and found it to be wet. Next glance he was looking for a discarded cup of something preferably water-like to get it off. Pen ink, paper ash...Crexia's tablet was looking better all the time.

There where no discarded cups of water laying around but Cara handed you a handkerchief with a slight smile, though that would only take some of the gray powder of, that stuff was really persistent.

Colin nodded, "I should be able to make good time of it while the cells are checked and evacuated. It's not as though I'd be making complete searches of every room in the structure. As for rendering the place uninhabitable - what do you intend to do with the Nodes? If they could be cleansed over time, that might prove beneficial, to us as well as the health of the city block..."

"Very well that should give you some time to search indeed."
Crexia muttered then she sigh.
"I was thinking about destroying the Nodes, I am not sure we have the manpower to protect them while they are cleansed, thought that we are going to have to see when we get there and can evaluate how strong they are and how badly they are corrupted."

He nodded slowly, "Death... would have been an acceptable outcome, as such. Undeath... that was where Nicolai crossed the line. Defending his home is one thing, but he went much too far..."

"Yes defending oneself and one's home is acceptable but the vampire went to far, it can not be tolerated."
Olamide muttered angrily.
"This Nicolai will regret that deeply."

He shifted the blanket around a bit, using it to pad the nozzle end of the tanks a little better, "I believe the tanks should be amply secured - still, best try not to pull off some Hollywoodesque car chase maneuvers, just in case. There's probably a limit to how much of an accidental beating the valves can take, even if they're made of Primium. And your boots are the safest of them Adley - I used them to steady the sides of the tanks, not the... business end."

"I will try to restrain myself."
Crexia muttered dryly.
"However yes it is best to get the things secured I doubt Primium will be damaged easily though, but just to be sure."

"Thanks...I do realize the irony. They've already been in a sewer, and yet.."

"There are worse things than sewers in this world Sodalis."

Crexia said, she waited for you, Nancy and Colin to get in then started the car and drove after the other two vehicles. The drive would feel a bit odd, the road looked normal and the cars passing by and yet timing and speed felt a bit out of wack and there where never any reason to stop, no red lights, no car jams no nothing just smooth driving.
"I suggjest you work your rotes Mr Roth Hicks you have about five minutes."
Crexia said as drove, seemingly not bothered by the strange way time currently flowed.

(OOC: Pet rats are awesome. Oh and sorry for not posting I fell asleep on the sofa last night. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:26 am

((Jajajaj, i read badly and understand "the game is not running", not i read again better))

Really, i know you need a ton of magick to do what i do effortlessly, so i got no problem in helping you. I will be talking with the werewolves in the morning so i should not sleep before, in case i'm too tired to rise up afterwards. So, it's up to you, it's not a concern for me to lend a hand, and i might learn something: don't you forget i'm trying to learn to treat avatars. I'd like to develop healling magick too, just to add that to my repertoire and better serve people-
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next