Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Colin nodded, "His chances are better than anywhere or anywhen else... but it's not guaranteed. He's the one who has to do the heavy lifting."

Richard looked at Kyle for a moment and nodded.
"If what you say about that scale from your future apprentice's Avatar is correct then I have to believe that such a thing is possible, at the same time a Fallen turning back to the light, that seams to...good to be true."
He muttered.

He pondered for a moment, "You know, I am going to make a memorial for the nameless lost to a foul Labyrinth Node - might even be able to clean up the last remaining piece of the thing. Does the hospital have a chapel, and does it accept donations of items for it?"

"We do have a chapel yes and I do believe there is a good chance that the hospital board of directors would accept an item donated to it as long as it is appropriate off course."
The Akashic said then he looked at you for a moment.
"I take it that Node was pretty bad, the one in the Labyrinth?"

He arched an eyebrow at the vials, "Er... I thought one needed something to the tune of a three-year education for this? I can certainly be as delicate as possible, of course, but..."

"For swapping vials? No that is not particularly hard, especially not when using a butterfly needle, actually inserting a needle into a vein and not hitting nerves or damaging the vein itself that takes longer to learn, just call me over if the needle slips out, or if there is any trouble an be as gentle as you can."
Richard said and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

He shook his head and, with the delicate touch for filigree silverwork, held the needle steady as he swapped the vials as they filled up.
He glanced over at Richard, "Does the serum and catalyst interact as expected, or in a completely unanticipated manner?"

Kyle never made a sound or moved during the whole procedure, he slept peacefully and did not seam to be in any discomfort his bony chest rising and falling evenly. Richard looked up from the microscope and nodded.
"The serum do react to the catalyst...but it might be reacting stronger than I have anticipated, I am going to have to adjust the dosage for the experiment not to put the boy at risk, then he turned to the nurse and said.
"Mona can you go by the supply room and get two lumbar needles, choose a fairly fine gauge...then go by the pharmacy and get 1% strength lidocaine...I think I have syringes to use with it, get some bandages as well and a quick acting sedative in case the boy starts fighting..."
Richard said and Mona made a node of this.
"On the down low as always Dr Lee?"
The Akashic nodded and Mona headed for the door.

You where just about done filling the final vial Richard had laid out with Kyle's blood when you suddenly saw a little blond child hanging onto Mona's leg and trying to prevent her from leaving.
"Nooo don't go...don't go...the bad man is there he...will hurt you!"
The child said, you where pretty sure it was a little boy but at that age with no gender identifying clothes it was at times hard to know, and the boy was wearing a white tshirt and blue pants and he might be about five or six years old, the thing is Richard and Mona never seamed to notice that the boy was there, and the nurse just continued to the door to complete her errand.

(OOC: Kyle is sleeping like a corrupted baby. Also Happy Birthday Warp. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 2 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:02 pm

"I have lived this this woman Mr Yager so I am afraid it would take some time to list all the magick I have ever seen her perform, however I have seen her communicate with spirits, create fire, manipulate Quintessence directly, move with great speed and create impossible materials, just to mention a few."
Hannah said.

"That's quite a list of skills. But it makes sense considering she is one of the higher-ups." Serge said, understanding why Hannah had mentioned the fact that magick was limitless.

"That is no problem, and when you begin to fight in this war if you want to do it in a fancy way off course be my guest, I more react when someone come in here and start an interrogation and then doubt my works because what I tell them my mother's allies tend to do with their magick is not fancy enough to fit said imagination."
Hannah said quite frankly and looked at you before she sipped her tea again.

Serge had stopped eating altogether, having lost his appetite after the constant irritated sighs and raised eyebrows from Hannah.

"Heh. This wasn't supposed to turn into an interrogation. I guess curiosity got the better of me." Serge thought humorously.

"Their's just one more question that's really eating away at me and you don't have to answer it if you don't want to. Your mother....what was she like?" Serge asked politly, curious to know what Hannah thought of her mother.

(OOC: Happy birthday Warp!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Nicole swore to herself. Outgunned, outnumbered and only some shitty trashcans between her and the promise of critical lead poisoning. Kept herself as low as possible, hoping to minimise the amount of flesh presented for firing at.

Evaluating situation. The original target was clearly a threat, but these two new ones? Working out range vs weapons used. And if there was any better cover nearby. Lastly, that thrown thing apparently vanished or failed. Look a quick look behind to see if she had help.

[Sorry... was at work yesterday. And Birthdays are better than Christmas, due to the fact you get presents but don't give them. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Serge:

"That's quite a list of skills. But it makes sense considering she is one of the higher-ups." Serge said, understanding why Hannah had mentioned the fact that magick was limitless.

"It is, all the Prelati are powerful magi, that is how they reached that position in the first place."
Hannah said.
"Any of the Prelati will be extremely dangerous to encounter."

"Their's just one more question that's really eating away at me and you don't have to answer it if you don't want to. Your mother....what was she like?" Serge asked politly, curious to know what Hannah thought of her mother.

Hannah looked away for some time then she sigh.
"To me, she was like most mothers, she was always a bit on the stern side, but she treated me well, she taught me magick and I always believed she cared for me, perhaps in some way she do. She always wanted me to Fall but never pushed me towards it to harshly however towards other people...she is a cold, efficient monster to revel in her power over others, oh and well she turned my twin brother into a giant agina that will take you to a hell dimension so she is not winning any mother of the year awards."
The Orphan said bitterly.

Nicole:

Evaluating situation. The original target was clearly a threat, but these two new ones? Working out range vs weapons used. And if there was any better cover nearby. Lastly, that thrown thing apparently vanished or failed. Look a quick look behind to see if she had help.

There where few other sources of cover in the ally, there where a parked car some distance away but that would involve getting up and running for it and that was a good way to get shot. When you turn around you see Adley there working some magick, Adjan stood with a gun covering the Hermetic as he worked. Master Morgan was on his way towards you, a few bullets flew towards him from the men in the back but they seamed to stop some distance away from the old Hermetic and turn to nothing. A younger man you had not met yet with a gun in one hand an a vial of strange liquid in the other was seeking cover just around the corner, and some distance back stood an elderly woman with steel gray hair wearing a business suit, this woman opened her mouth and started singing hymns in a strong, beautiful voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm

"It is, all the Prelati are powerful magi, that is how they reached that position in the first place."
Hannah said.
"Any of the Prelati will be extremely dangerous to encounter."

"Well I'll just have to hope that I never meet one. Especially Jace. If he's truly connected to his pets than I don't think he would appreciate what I did to them." Serge said wondering if the spinal fluid Prelati could feel the effects of the spell he had cast on his pets.

Hannah looked away for some time then she sigh.
"To me, she was like most mothers, she was always a bit on the stern side, but she treated me well, she taught me magick and I always believed she cared for me, perhaps in some way she do. She always wanted me to Fall but never pushed me towards it to harshly however towards other people...she is a cold, efficient monster to revel in her power over others, oh and well she turned my twin brother into a giant agina that will take you to a hell dimension so she is not winning any mother of the year awards."
The Orphan said bitterly.

"I see....thanks for sharing that with me. I know it can't have been easy remembering that" Serge said slowly, not expecting an answer like that. How could Lisa Larson, the big bad boss of the Nephandi, somehow be motherly. Serge wanted to ask more, but at the same time he didn't want to pry too deep into Hannah's past. He had come to her to have the drawings confirmed and he had done just that.

"Well I think I've annoyed you for long enough." Serge said standing up and dusting the cookie crumbs off of himself. "Thanks for all of your help. Hopefully we can talk about something more pleasant in the future."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Richard looked at Kyle for a moment and nodded.
"If what you say about that scale from your future apprentice's Avatar is correct then I have to believe that such a thing is possible, at the same time a Fallen turning back to the light, that seams to...good to be true."
He muttered.
Colin shrugged, "It is correct - but look at it from the other side: Avatars are eternal beings of infinite capacity, why would the abuses of a Caul be irreversible? If it is possible to take an Avatar apart, and to put the fragments back into place for healing it, why would it not be possible to straighten out the wrung pieces of it, as well?"

"We do have a chapel yes and I do believe there is a good chance that the hospital board of directors would accept an item donated to it as long as it is appropriate off course."
The Akashic said then he looked at you for a moment.
"I take it that Node was pretty bad, the one in the Labyrinth?"
He frowned, "The centerpiece was a rack - the torture kind - and it had been in constant use to amplify the Node for some seventy years. It was pretty much as bad as you think... and as disgusting as the primal fire looked, it was deeply satisfying in its way to set the whole thing ablaze..."

"For swapping vials? No that is not particularly hard, especially not when using a butterfly needle, actually inserting a needle into a vein and not hitting nerves or damaging the vein itself that takes longer to learn, just call me over if the needle slips out, or if there is any trouble an be as gentle as you can."
Richard said and gave you a pat on the shoulder.
He nodded, "Very well, I will let you know if there's a problem."

Kyle never made a sound or moved during the whole procedure, he slept peacefully and did not seam to be in any discomfort his bony chest rising and falling evenly. Richard looked up from the microscope and nodded.
"The serum do react to the catalyst...but it might be reacting stronger than I have anticipated, I am going to have to adjust the dosage for the experiment not to put the boy at risk, then he turned to the nurse and said.
"Mona can you go by the supply room and get two lumbar needles, choose a fairly fine gauge...then go by the pharmacy and get 1% strength lidocaine...I think I have syringes to use with it, get some bandages as well and a quick acting sedative in case the boy starts fighting..."
Richard said and Mona made a node of this.
"On the down low as always Dr Lee?"
The Akashic nodded and Mona headed for the door.
He nodded, "Good thing you tested it under the microscope first, then - and even better that we persuaded Freddy from being the first recipient."

You where just about done filling the final vial Richard had laid out with Kyle's blood when you suddenly saw a little blond child hanging onto Mona's leg and trying to prevent her from leaving.
"Nooo don't go...don't go...the bad man is there he...will hurt you!"
The child said, you where pretty sure it was a little boy but at that age with no gender identifying clothes it was at times hard to know, and the boy was wearing a white tshirt and blue pants and he might be about five or six years old, the thing is Richard and Mona never seamed to notice that the boy was there, and the nurse just continued to the door to complete her errand.
He looked up from Kyle's arm, "Nurse Cager, I think I'm about done here, could you... bugger... step away from the door, now. There's a blond boy, preschool age or so, trying to stop you; possibly a ghost, there's a bad man there who will hurt you..."

((OOC: Thankee, thankee, I feel so old and creaky everywhere. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Much like taking down a ward, he could feel that he'd put his foot in the door so to speak but hadn't yet gotten enough power to overcome the working yet. As Adjan stepped in closer to cover him, he continued to work on the woman's shield, trying to make it give way under the weight of reality itself.

// ooc 1 - Happy birthday Warp! Birthdays are also better than Xmas because there is cake. And that cake can literally have your name on it xD Also, that game sounds awesome. Being temporarily an ettin? Wicked. I'll put Thor on the list, I was waiting for a few reviews to pop in before it opens here on the 2nd.

ooc2: NP Anja, I just thought you were waiting on Nicole-p anyhow. Plus I was out for the evening, so all good! (and thanks Jeremy, appreciated)

ooc3: Arete for continuing to work at that shield: 6, 9, 7 - also, can Adley see/has noticed the additional people behind her from their angle?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Anja's Post:

She took heart from this; the situation was not as bad as it first appeared. Readied herself to fire a round or two quickly at the easiest of targets; if anything else to keep the enemy somewhat distracted...

[Well, she's not many other options on what to do. Well, except 'get shot' or 'run away and get shot'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:40 pm

"Well I'll just have to hope that I never meet one. Especially Jace. If he's truly connected to his pets than I don't think he would appreciate what I did to them." Serge said wondering if the spinal fluid Prelati could feel the effects of the spell he had cast on his pets.

"That might be wise Mr Yager, not all the biomass Mr Jace use for his experiments and spells are his own, and you have a whole body of raw material for him to play with."
Hannah said and shrugged.
"Well I guess someone are going to have to face him sooner or later if the Labyrinth is going down.

"I see....thanks for sharing that with me. I know it can't have been easy remembering that" Serge said slowly, not expecting an answer like that. How could Lisa Larson, the big bad boss of the Nephandi, somehow be motherly. Serge wanted to ask more, but at the same time he didn't want to pry too deep into Hannah's past. He had come to her to have the drawings confirmed and he had done just that.

"The memories are...not the problem my conflicted emotions about them is Mr Yager but no you are right it is not my favorite topic of discussion at the moment."
The young Orphan commented softly and she studied the bottom of her teacup intently.

"Well I think I've annoyed you for long enough." Serge said standing up and dusting the cookie crumbs off of himself. "Thanks for all of your help. Hopefully we can talk about something more pleasant in the future."

"I would appreciate that Mr Yager, good day for now."
Hannah said with a reserved politeness. Bianca stood and gave you a door.
"I will walk you to the door cutiepie."
She said and giggled.

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "It is correct - but look at it from the other side: Avatars are eternal beings of infinite capacity, why would the abuses of a Caul be irreversible? If it is possible to take an Avatar apart, and to put the fragments back into place for healing it, why would it not be possible to straighten out the wrung pieces of it, as well?"

"Well I guess you have a point in that Colin but it still seamed to me to be a possibility, a remote possibility rather than something one could do in actual practice, though I suspect that if we can figure out how to cleanse Avatars that would deal the Nephandi a powerful blow, then again if Avatars can be cleansed would not that lead more people to the Caul if they knew there where a way out afterwards?"
The Akashic asked.

He frowned, "The centerpiece was a rack - the torture kind - and it had been in constant use to amplify the Node for some seventy years. It was pretty much as bad as you think... and as disgusting as the primal fire looked, it was deeply satisfying in its way to set the whole thing ablaze..."

"Fuck that...is horrible, damn Nephandi!"
Richard muttered angrily.
"But that dreadful Node is gone now other than what you intend to make a monument out of you said? You set the rest ablaze? How can anyone be that cruel to other living beings?"

He nodded, "Very well, I will let you know if there's a problem."

"Thank you for your aid, I really need Mona to assist me and this is a simple enough task, just let me know if there is any issues."
The Akashic said and smiled.

He nodded, "Good thing you tested it under the microscope first, then - and even better that we persuaded Freddy from being the first recipient."

"If we had given Freddy the doze I intended to test on Kyle it would have killed her."
Richard said flatly and frowned.
"Well I think I can dilute this until it is safe to test on the kid."

He looked up from Kyle's arm, "Nurse Cager, I think I'm about done here, could you... bugger... step away from the door, now. There's a blond boy, preschool age or so, trying to stop you; possibly a ghost, there's a bad man there who will hurt you..."

Mona stopped and looked surprised.
"A blond boy? I don't understand I do not see...a ghost...oh my!"
She muttered and she looked around a bit confused.
"A bad man who want to hurt me?"
She asked. The boy looked at you.
"Mona gave me candies when I was scared and read to me I don't want her to be hurt, the bad man go to the room with all the boxes with stuff and takes things and he is cruel, and sometimes he takes the other spirits here as well and no one sees them again."
The boy said and his lower lip started trembling.
"He is a very, very bad man!"
He muttered. Richard looked up from the microscope.
"What is going on?"
He asked.

Much like taking down a ward, he could feel that he'd put his foot in the door so to speak but hadn't yet gotten enough power to overcome the working yet. As Adjan stepped in closer to cover him, he continued to work on the woman's shield, trying to make it give way under the weight of reality itself.

Adley and Nicole:

You could feel that kinetic shield trembling under your will as you tried to restore reality to what it should be, it was not quite down yet but it was weakened considerably and you should be able to take it down with a little more effort, straight up physical attacks on it should be able to shatter it as well. The Nephanda noticed what you where doing and she gave you a pretty sour look as she tossed another of her small devices towards you, Adjan reacted quickly though he had his dice in the other hand from his gun and he rattled them in his hand and then kicked the small device, actually kicking it into the Umbra, you could feel the explosion from the other side of the Gauntlet but it did no damage to the physical world at least, but had that thing gone of in your face that would have been it and the fire angle would be on her way to her next host.

You can see the two well armed men inside the alleyway who where providing cover fire for the Nephanda, and one of them where the very one you had overheard talking about wanting to have his way with Nico and then beating them up when he discovered that they where not a woman, this man was now leveling a salvo at Nicole.

Nicole:

You took aim at the woman in the hoodie and this time the bullet went through her shield, the impact where greatly reduced and hit the girl like if it where a rubber bullet, ut it did get though and she cried out in pain and grasped at her left thigh where she had been hit. You heard another blast of bullets be fired from the back ally, most of them missed you, but one of them dug into your lower leg, you could still stand but damn that stung.

You felt a blast of heat and one of the gun men was just gone, he had died in a blast of fire that flew from Jeffry's hands, leaving nothing but ashes behind. You saw the other man shot at the old Hermetic but the bullets where deflected of his kinetic shield.

You felt the pain in your leg begin to dim, as if the flesh where knitting itself together, the bullet still needed to come out but it hurt far less now, you have a feeling it might have something to do with the old woman signing. The young man with the glass vial threw it at the gun man and there where an explosion but he seamed to have missed and all he could do was dive for cover to avoid getting shot himself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 pm

"Well I guess you have a point in that Colin but it still seamed to me to be a possibility, a remote possibility rather than something one could do in actual practice, though I suspect that if we can figure out how to cleanse Avatars that would deal the Nephandi a powerful blow, then again if Avatars can be cleansed would not that lead more people to the Caul if they knew there where a way out afterwards?"
The Akashic asked.
Colin smiled wryly, "Actually, the greatest motivator for Magi to enter the Caul, as it is, is that they'll have their Avatars flayed anyway if they've associated with the Fallen, whether actually Fallen or not. Prove that Avatars can be restored, and you provide an incentive to do away with that bloody gilgul ritual almost entirely... and fewer Magi will enter the Caul as the only way to save their Avatar from being destroyed."

"Fuck that...is horrible, damn Nephandi!"
Richard muttered angrily.
"But that dreadful Node is gone now other than what you intend to make a monument out of you said? You set the rest ablaze? How can anyone be that cruel to other living beings?"
He frowned, "The Node is burned out, drained... with the Labyrinth gone, it might never gain strength of that flavour again. As for how... well, the Fallen believe the world is an irredeemably shitty place, and they go out to make doubly sure it is so..."

"Thank you for your aid, I really need Mona to assist me and this is a simple enough task, just let me know if there is any issues."
The Akashic said and smiled.
He nodded, then frowned, "This is where I wish I'd refreshed the military first aid course..."

"If we had given Freddy the doze I intended to test on Kyle it would have killed her."
Richard said flatly and frowned.
"Well I think I can dilute this until it is safe to test on the kid."
He nodded, "And if that had happened, I'd be rather compelled to subject you to a rather horrible demise... and if that had happened to Kyle, Chief Morgan would have done so to both of us... Dilution sounds like a very good idea, yes."

Mona stopped and looked surprised.
"A blond boy? I don't understand I do not see...a ghost...oh my!"
She muttered and she looked around a bit confused.
"A bad man who want to hurt me?"
She asked. The boy looked at you.
"Mona gave me candies when I was scared and read to me I don't want her to be hurt, the bad man go to the room with all the boxes with stuff and takes things and he is cruel, and sometimes he takes the other spirits here as well and no one sees them again."
The boy said and his lower lip started trembling.
"He is a very, very bad man!"
He muttered. Richard looked up from the microscope.
"What is going on?"
He asked.
He nodded, "Long story short, I see spirits just as easily as I see other people in the same room. There... was a boy, wasn't there? Five or six years old, blond, and you gave him candies and read to him when he was scared... He says there's a bad man who goes to the room with... ah, the stockroom, of course... and he's cruel and takes the other spirits here away, never to be seen again..."
He frowned, reaching down to the boy, "It's alright, kid, Dr. Lee and I will protect Mona from the bad man, but we might need you to point him out... What's your name?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Actually, the greatest motivator for Magi to enter the Caul, as it is, is that they'll have their Avatars flayed anyway if they've associated with the Fallen, whether actually Fallen or not. Prove that Avatars can be restored, and you provide an incentive to do away with that bloody gilgul ritual almost entirely... and fewer Magi will enter the Caul as the only way to save their Avatar from being destroyed."

"Hum...perhaps you are right, and that ritual that they tried...to put Bee through...I would not want that on anyone, I will never forget her screams..."
Richard muttered darkly.
"PerhapsAvatars being restored is just for the good then..."
He muttered though he still sounded a bit doubtful.

He frowned, "The Node is burned out, drained... with the Labyrinth gone, it might never gain strength of that flavour again. As for how... well, the Fallen believe the world is an irredeemably shitty place, and they go out to make doubly sure it is so..."

"Well we are going to hand them their own corrupted asses on a platter and serve it with butter!.."
Richard muttered even darker.
"I am glad that Node you speak of is gone though, good riddance!"

He nodded, then frowned, "This is where I wish I'd refreshed the military first aid course..."

"Well while you are not going to learn to draw blood at first aid courses we offer you will learn to bind wounds, CPR and other forms of first aid and we offer the classes free here at the hospital, everyone should know first aid it can be the difference between life and death."
Richard suggested.

He nodded, "And if that had happened, I'd be rather compelled to subject you to a rather horrible demise... and if that had happened to Kyle, Chief Morgan would have done so to both of us... Dilution sounds like a very good idea, yes."

The Akashic swallowed hard and glanced at you as if to determine if you where joking or not.
"Eh...yes...diluting the formula now..."
He muttered and fiddled with his chemicals.

He nodded, "Long story short, I see spirits just as easily as I see other people in the same room. There... was a boy, wasn't there? Five or six years old, blond, and you gave him candies and read to him when he was scared... He says there's a bad man who goes to the room with... ah, the stockroom, of course... and he's cruel and takes the other spirits here away, never to be seen again..."

Mona paled a little.
"Ehm...yes there was a little boy, Tommy Bridges, he was born with a serious heart condition and spent allot of time here I tried to...cheer him up...we...we could not save him he died while waiting for a transplant heart...he was five years old at the time."
She muttered.
"Is...is he here?"

He frowned, reaching down to the boy, "It's alright, kid, Dr. Lee and I will protect Mona from the bad man, but we might need you to point him out... What's your name?"

The little boy reached out his hand to you, it felt like touching a cold cobweb.
"I am Tommy I like in St. Mike street 35 with my mom and my dad and Sonia and Bon Bon I am turning six in five months."
The boy said proudly.
"I can point out the bad man but he scared me...I don't want him to harm Mona and I don't want him to take me away Sir."
He said and big tears welled up in his eyes.
"He is a mean, mean man!"
He said clearly scared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:20 pm

"Hum...perhaps you are right, and that ritual that they tried...to put Bee through...I would not want that on anyone, I will never forget her screams..."
Richard muttered darkly.
"PerhapsAvatars being restored is just for the good then..."
He muttered though he still sounded a bit doubtful.
Colin nodded, "Gilgul detracts from the whole... it can only serve the Fallen's ends. Bringing the Fallen Avatars back to the light - home to us - serves to strengthen our numbers while theirs are diminished, both for the present and future incarnations."

"Well we are going to hand them their own corrupted asses on a platter and serve it with butter!.."
Richard muttered even darker.
"I am glad that Node you speak of is gone though, good riddance!"
He smiled darkly, "The Labyrinth where than Node stood is fallen, and most of its denizens dead or captured... a few individuals - some of which were not entirely without good sides, in fact - managed to escape while we sought to secure the real threats, namely the leadership, but aside from those, all that's left of Abigail's scheming is a little mopping up, and ensuring a certain uppity vampire gets a nice tan..."

"Well while you are not going to learn to draw blood at first aid courses we offer you will learn to bind wounds, CPR and other forms of first aid and we offer the classes free here at the hospital, everyone should know first aid it can be the difference between life and death."
Richard suggested.
He nodded, "Perhaps I should order the entire Cabal to attend a course..."

The Akashic swallowed hard and glanced at you as if to determine if you where joking or not.
"Eh...yes...diluting the formula now..."
He muttered and fiddled with his chemicals.
He quietly kept his attention on the blood drawing, holding the needle as perfectly still as he could, leaving Richard to guess. (He was, of course, mostly serious about avenging Freddy, and absolutely serious about Morgan's likely fury.)

Mona paled a little.
"Ehm...yes there was a little boy, Tommy Bridges, he was born with a serious heart condition and spent allot of time here I tried to...cheer him up...we...we could not save him he died while waiting for a transplant heart...he was five years old at the time."
She muttered.
"Is...is he here?"
He nodded, "I think you left quite an impression on him... he really doesn't want you to get hurt."

The little boy reached out his hand to you, it felt like touching a cold cobweb.
"I am Tommy I like in St. Mike street 35 with my mom and my dad and Sonia and Bon Bon I am turning six in five months."
The boy said proudly.
"I can point out the bad man but he scared me...I don't want him to harm Mona and I don't want him to take me away Sir."
He said and big tears welled up in his eyes.
"He is a mean, mean man!"
He said clearly scared.
He smiled sadly to the ghost, "I'm guessing Sonia is your sister, and Bon Bon is the... dog or cat? Hm, you might not have to point him out, actually; we won't let him just take you away, but... did you see if the bad man is like me or Dr. Lee there, or does he seem more rotten, perhaps?"
He looked up at Richard, "I suspect either a Fallen or a Technocrat is working in this hospital, and is capturing the spirits he finds here... As he's described as cruel, I'd say it's about three to one it's a Nephandus... and he's in the stockroom right now. I left both gun and Tass at the Chantry, to avoid trouble with it here - you don't want that Tass near patients or medical gear, trust me - but I still have my Foci. Hm, think you can prepare a shot of the serum for this fellow, and we go get him?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:27 pm

"That might be wise Mr Yager, not all the biomass Mr Jace use for his experiments and spells are his own, and you have a whole body of raw material for him to play with."
Hannah said and shrugged.
"Well I guess someone are going to have to face him sooner or later if the Labyrinth is going down.

"Yay....I've always wonders what it was like to be a lab rat." Serge said sarcastically.

"The memories are...not the problem my conflicted emotions about them is Mr Yager but no you are right it is not my favorite topic of discussion at the moment."
The young Orphan commented softly and she studied the bottom of her teacup intently.

Serge nodded at that but chose not to respond.

"I would appreciate that Mr Yager, good day for now."
Hannah said with a reserved politeness. Bianca stood and gave you a door.
"I will walk you to the door cutiepie."
She said and giggled.

Serge seemed taken back by Bianca sudden teasing, but he smiled all the same.

"Sure thing. You know I've been called a lot of things in my life, but 'cutiepie' has never been one of them." Serge said with a light-hearted chuckle as he followed the Verbana to the door.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:01 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Gilgul detracts from the whole... it can only serve the Fallen's ends. Bringing the Fallen Avatars back to the light - home to us - serves to strengthen our numbers while theirs are diminished, both for the present and future incarnations."

Richard nodded at that.
"It do make allot of sense what you say and I realize I sound a bit like those who where against finding workable medications to treat HIV since they feared that would lead to kids sleeping around more, which is a nidicolous stance, so I will just stand back and agree that if a Fallen Avatar can be cleansed that would be for the best."
He muttered.

He smiled darkly, "The Labyrinth where than Node stood is fallen, and most of its denizens dead or captured... a few individuals - some of which were not entirely without good sides, in fact - managed to escape while we sought to secure the real threats, namely the leadership, but aside from those, all that's left of Abigail's scheming is a little mopping up, and ensuring a certain uppity vampire gets a nice tan..."

"Hum...good, I wish I could have joined you but the Chief wanted the Chantry's healers home and safe where they could be useful and that included me but good work."
He said then he raised and eyebrow.
"Vampire? Ah Nicolai then we are taking him down? What about Abigain herself is she dead?"

He nodded, "Perhaps I should order the entire Cabal to attend a course..."

"That would be quite life and it could save any of our lives, or that of one of our Chantrymates or someone else so it is a good way to spend a couple of evenings."
Richard agreed and smiled.

He quietly kept his attention on the blood drawing, holding the needle as perfectly still as he could, leaving Richard to guess. (He was, of course, mostly serious about avenging Freddy, and absolutely serious about Morgan's likely fury.)

Richard had turned a little pale an you got the feeling he paid even more attention to making the test injection as safe as possible.

He nodded, "I think you left quite an impression on him... he really doesn't want you to get hurt."

Mona smiled warmly and hunched down to whereshe would be on eye level with the boy, if she could actually see him.
"He left an impression on me as well, one have to keep a balance between caring and detachment for one's own mental well being in this job, to not get burned out, but some patients break that barrier and Tommy was one of them, he was such a sweet little boy."
She muttered then she said out in the air.
"Hi Tommy."
The little ghost child waved to her and giggled not that she saw or heard that.

He smiled sadly to the ghost, "I'm guessing Sonia is your sister, and Bon Bon is the... dog or cat?

"Yes Sonia is my big sister she is ten years old and she like barbies and computer games and math. Bon Bon is a cat he is big and fluffy and have green eyes."
The boy informed you enthusiastically.

Hm, you might not have to point him out, actually; we won't let him just take you away, but... did you see if the bad man is like me or Dr. Lee there, or does he seem more rotten, perhaps?"

"He is like you and Dr Lee but not like you. Inside of you there are something perfect, like if where was a land full of candy, and radio controlled cars and cats, and they took a piece of that land and put it inside of you, the scary man have that to but his as not perfect."
The boy explained his eyes wide.

He looked up at Richard, "I suspect either a Fallen or a Technocrat is working in this hospital, and is capturing the spirits he finds here... As he's described as cruel, I'd say it's about three to one it's a Nephandus... and he's in the stockroom right now.

"There is a Technocrat working her, Mr Veleword down in Hematology, I would not say he is cruel, a little cold but not cruel. I have already informed the Chief about him and I have nothing to do with him other than the odd water cooler talk and I have been told that is acceptable to maintain my sleeper job."
Richard said and frowned.
"There are a few hedge wizards here as well, mostly they know nothing of our war and Mrs Holler the chief nurse read Tarot Cards, I also think we have a vampire working in the morgue and there are a few who are something but I have no idea what."

I left both gun and Tass at the Chantry, to avoid trouble with it here - you don't want that Tass near patients or medical gear, trust me - but I still have my Foci. Hm, think you can prepare a shot of the serum for this fellow, and we go get him?"

"I am already on it."
Richard said and handed you a filled syringe of green goo.
"Mona stay here, tend to Kyle's arm and then watch over him and lock the door!"
Richard ordered as he handed you the vial of Crexia's blood.
"You did not want this out of your sight my friend...ok let us go."
He said. Mona looked a little scared but she nodded and went over to Kyle to take care of him. Richard turned to you.
"Tell the spirit to stay here where it is safe as well Colin."

Serge:

"Yay....I've always wonders what it was like to be a lab rat." Serge said sarcastically.

"You can be a lab rat for my cookie recepies I think you would prefer that to being captured by a sadistic Nephandus."
Bianca offered and grinned.

Serge seemed taken back by Bianca sudden teasing, but he smiled all the same.

This made Bianca giggle even more.

"Sure thing. You know I've been called a lot of things in my life, but 'cutiepie' has never been one of them." Serge said with a light-hearted chuckle as he followed the Verbana to the door.

"Why not, you are cute, and sweet and seam kind."
The Verbena said as she opened the door for you.
"Since you are this shy I guess the girls are not all over you but they could be."
She commented.
"Well I am not going to keep you from your work, but do come again."
She said and gave you a friendly smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:39 am

Richard nodded at that.
"It do make allot of sense what you say and I realize I sound a bit like those who where against finding workable medications to treat HIV since they feared that would lead to kids sleeping around more, which is a nidicolous stance, so I will just stand back and agree that if a Fallen Avatar can be cleansed that would be for the best."
He muttered.
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, due to legislation, the situation is a little more complicated than the ambulance down in the valley... Hm, if you're not familiar with that poem, I suggest you look it up. It's kind of funny, and pokes fun at extremely conservative politics."

"Hum...good, I wish I could have joined you but the Chief wanted the Chantry's healers home and safe where they could be useful and that included me but good work."
He said then he raised and eyebrow.
"Vampire? Ah Nicolai then we are taking him down? What about Abigain herself is she dead?"
He shook his head, "We can probably trust Morningstar to handle Nicolai, but yes... and Abigail lives, though not for her lack of trying. And she might never wake up again... but I don't think Horizon cares whether a Nephanda is conscious or not for her trial."

"That would be quite life and it could save any of our lives, or that of one of our Chantrymates or someone else so it is a good way to spend a couple of evenings."
Richard agreed and smiled.
He nodded, "If you could help me find the course schedule, then, perhaps starting next month or so?"

Richard had turned a little pale an you got the feeling he paid even more attention to making the test injection as safe as possible.
He smiled thinly.

Mona smiled warmly and hunched down to whereshe would be on eye level with the boy, if she could actually see him.
"He left an impression on me as well, one have to keep a balance between caring and detachment for one's own mental well being in this job, to not get burned out, but some patients break that barrier and Tommy was one of them, he was such a sweet little boy."
She muttered then she said out in the air.
"Hi Tommy."
The little ghost child waved to her and giggled not that she saw or heard that.
He nodded and smiled, "He seems a sweetie, yes... and he waves back to you."

"He is like you and Dr Lee but not like you. Inside of you there are something perfect, like if where was a land full of candy, and radio controlled cars and cats, and they took a piece of that land and put it inside of you, the scary man have that to but his as not perfect."
The boy explained his eyes wide.
He nodded, "The thing inside him is like if someone took a toy car and broke it, and glued it back together in the wrong order, is it?"

"There is a Technocrat working her, Mr Veleword down in Hematology, I would not say he is cruel, a little cold but not cruel. I have already informed the Chief about him and I have nothing to do with him other than the odd water cooler talk and I have been told that is acceptable to maintain my sleeper job."
"There are a few hedge wizards here as well, mostly they know nothing of our war and Mrs Holler the chief nurse read Tarot Cards, I also think we have a vampire working in the morgue and there are a few who are something but I have no idea what."
He frowned, "Do you think it's possible Dr. Veleword could be Fallen? Not all of them are cartoonish caricatures of evil, and only show their true colours when it is useful to them..."
He paused for a moment, "A vampire in the morgue - that reminds me, we ought to try to bring some blood back, too, for our guests in the basement, they were hurt by the hostage taker and need a bit more to heal themselves... but we can talk about that after."

"I am already on it."
Richard said and handed you a filled syringe of green goo.
"Mona stay here, tend to Kyle's arm and then watch over him and lock the door!"
Richard ordered as he handed you the vial of Crexia's blood.
"You did not want this out of your sight my friend...ok let us go."
He said. Mona looked a little scared but she nodded and went over to Kyle to take care of him. Richard turned to you.
"Tell the spirit to stay here where it is safe as well Colin."
He nodded and put the vial back in the pen case and pocketed it, "If you hold on to the syringe - it seems less conspicuous if a member of staff carries a syringe around than a visitor, and you might be better at administering it to, hm, an unwilling individual in any case... I need a few moments to prepare."
He slipped on his signet ring and put the Prime monocle into place, muttering a quick "Magia spectare."
He smiled down to the ghost, "Tommy, would you stay and watch over Mona, and if the bad man comes, you come running to get me, alright?"

((OOC: Arete roll for a simple magic scan, 3,7,7 - should be enough to detect whether a person is a Mage or not, and perhaps a bit about the flavor of their power, for the duration of the scene at least.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, due to legislation, the situation is a little more complicated than the ambulance down in the valley... Hm, if you're not familiar with that poem, I suggest you look it up. It's kind of funny, and pokes fun at extremely conservative politics."

"I can not say to have ever read such a poem no."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow looking confused.

He shook his head, "We can probably trust Morningstar to handle Nicolai, but yes... and Abigail lives, though not for her lack of trying. And she might never wake up again... but I don't think Horizon cares whether a Nephanda is conscious or not for her trial."

"I see, well as long as we got her that should do and no I doubt Horizon much care whatever she is awake or not no. As for Nicolai yes Morningstar can probably handle him, the question is if taking out a powerful member of vampire society is wise even if he very much deserve it."
The doctor commented.

He nodded, "If you could help me find the course schedule, then, perhaps starting next month or so?"

"I will have the course schedule delivered to your room by tomorrow evening."
Richard agreed.

He nodded and smiled, "He seems a sweetie, yes... and he waves back to you."

Mona wiped a tear from the corner of her eye and smiled.
"Aww...but why is he here should not ghosts move on to...you know heaven or something Mr Wainwright?"
The nurse asked.

He nodded, "The thing inside him is like if someone took a toy car and broke it, and glued it back together in the wrong order, is it?"

"I don't know...but when I look at you and Dr Lee Sir I see a bright light and when I look at the mean man I see only darkness, he scares me."
The little boy said and he put his thumb in his mouth.

He frowned, "Do you think it's possible Dr. Veleword could be Fallen? Not all of them are cartoonish caricatures of evil, and only show their true colours when it is useful to them..."

Richard sigh.
"I don't know, I guess it is possible but like I said I do not know Dr Veleword well, I have tried to stay away from him for obvious reasons."

He paused for a moment, "A vampire in the morgue - that reminds me, we ought to try to bring some blood back, too, for our guests in the basement, they were hurt by the hostage taker and need a bit more to heal themselves... but we can talk about that after."

"We can discuss it later yes Colin, I might be able to arrange for it but we are always short on blood, we might not have much to spare."

He nodded and put the vial back in the pen case and pocketed it, "If you hold on to the syringe - it seems less conspicuous if a member of staff carries a syringe around than a visitor, and you might be better at administering it to, hm, an unwilling individual in any case... I need a few moments to prepare."

The Akashic just nodded at that and hid the syringe in his pocket.
"Very well."

He slipped on his signet ring and put the Prime monocle into place, muttering a quick "Magia spectare."

The leftover bits of Crexia's blood left on the slide of the microscope light up like a flare, you Richard and Tommy also shone with magick, so did Kyle but currently his light was muted.

He smiled down to the ghost, "Tommy, would you stay and watch over Mona, and if the bad man comes, you come running to get me, alright?"

Tommy looked at you still with his thumb in his mouth and he nodded.
"I can do that Sir."
He muttered.
"I will watch over Mona and the big boy who is dark like the mean man but he don't seam to be cruel."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:02 am

"I can not say to have ever read such a poem no."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow looking confused.
Colin grinned, "It's an old poem - 19th century, I think - about the ounce of prevention versus a pound of cure, or a fence on the cliff versus an ambulance in the valley. And people start arguing that a fence on the cliff would put the ambulance out of work..."

"I see, well as long as we got her that should do and no I doubt Horizon much care whatever she is awake or not no. As for Nicolai yes Morningstar can probably handle him, the question is if taking out a powerful member of vampire society is wise even if he very much deserve it."
The doctor commented.
He frowned, "Nicolai is actively trying to get Magi into his household, child brides or not. Presented correctly to Lodin, it can be framed as our having a severe grievance with Nicolai, and Nicolai alone, and that we don't want war, just to remove an embarrassment to Lodin's order. If it is framed to serve Lodin's interests rather than an attempt to bruise his ego, much trouble could be avoided."

Mona wiped a tear from the corner of her eye and smiled.
"Aww...but why is he here should not ghosts move on to...you know heaven or something Mr Wainwright?"
The nurse asked.
He shrugged, "I honestly don't know... Not all who are lost wander; I think perhaps there's something he won't let go just yet."

"I don't know...but when I look at you and Dr Lee Sir I see a bright light and when I look at the mean man I see only darkness, he scares me."
The little boy said and he put his thumb in his mouth.
He nodded, "I know what to look for, then. Thank you; you're a clever lad."

Richard sigh.
"I don't know, I guess it is possible but like I said I do not know Dr Veleword well, I have tried to stay away from him for obvious reasons."
He nodded, "Let us hope it's not him - it would make for some very awkward explanations..."

"We can discuss it later yes Colin, I might be able to arrange for it but we are always short on blood, we might not have much to spare."
He nodded, "There's always something of a shortage, I know - but I'm given to understand medical blood has an expiration date, so what I propose would be essentially dumpster diving."

Tommy looked at you still with his thumb in his mouth and he nodded.
"I can do that Sir."
He muttered.
"I will watch over Mona and the big boy who is dark like the mean man but he don't seam to be cruel."
He nodded, "The dark boy is named Kyle, and he's a good kid, with a few dark influences. He can't see or hear you, though... and Mona can't, either, so if the bad man comes, you come running to get me."

He sighed and nodded to Richard, "Right, the fellow should be in the stockroom... I can start preparing something quick while we walk... Malomagia reverbero..."
He raised his ring and started working, mentally designing a parabolic dish, ready to throw out in front of a hostile mage to bounce a spell right back at its source, ready to release at a moment's notice...

((OOC: So, Prime 2, basically - for practical purposes an attempt to hijack the targeting of the first incoming spell and point it back at the origin. Arete rolls: 9,9,0 - 3,5,7 - 3,7,0... that's as many successes as can be attained, but I don't know if there's going to be time for all three rolls on the way to the stockroom; the second roll would be after Colin and Richard entered the hallway, and I don't know how far off it is. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a snarl as the pain shot up her leg; immediately using her free hand to rip a bit off her trouser to inspect. Wasn't no medic, but wound not in centre - hopefully missing the bone - and not enough blood for an artery hit. Hopefully. Too busy to notice that the wound was staunching itself, she took a peek in time to see the gunman aiming at one who wasn't her - and instinct kicked in. Leveled her pistol and began to fire rapidly.

[Attempting 'Deadaim']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:01 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned, "It's an old poem - 19th century, I think - about the ounce of prevention versus a pound of cure, or a fence on the cliff versus an ambulance in the valley. And people start arguing that a fence on the cliff would put the ambulance out of work..."

"I see now how this is relevant to the conversation, I assume I will have to read the poem at some time then when there is time for it."
Richard said and nodded he was not a man who often took the time for poetry.

He frowned, "Nicolai is actively trying to get Magi into his household, child brides or not. Presented correctly to Lodin, it can be framed as our having a severe grievance with Nicolai, and Nicolai alone, and that we don't want war, just to remove an embarrassment to Lodin's order. If it is framed to serve Lodin's interests rather than an attempt to bruise his ego, much trouble could be avoided."

"Perhaps, then again what do you think the Chief would have done if a vampire had contacted him about a mage that cause trouble for them, and said that they did not want war but they would kill this mage and save the Chief the embarrassment, do you think that Master Morgan where very likely to react well to such an message?"
Richard asked and he raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged, "I honestly don't know... Not all who are lost wander; I think perhaps there's something he won't let go just yet."

"Can we...can we help Tommy in any way? Is not that what they do in the ghost hunting shows, send them over to the light?"
Mona asked and Tommy shook his head.
"I do not want to go yet, I never got to give Bon Bon her birthday present, I have to find it and give it to her, and in addition have playmates here, the other children, they smile when they see me, I can take away some of their pain, I never got to do anything when I was flesh but now I can help...and I have to find my gift for Bon Bon...I am in the hospital so much that she forgets me...but Saturday I get to go home and it is her birthday."
The boy said he only seamed to be partly aware that he was dead.

He nodded, "I know what to look for, then. Thank you; you're a clever lad."

"My sister gets A's in math and she take books with her to visit me and teach me how to do it to...do you know what 35 plus 30 are Sir?"
The boy said proudly.

He nodded, "Let us hope it's not him - it would make for some very awkward explanations..."

"So it would and he is a damn good hematologist, it would be a great loss for the hospital."

He nodded, "There's always something of a shortage, I know - but I'm given to understand medical blood has an expiration date, so what I propose would be essentially dumpster diving."

"There is indeed and also if a donor calls us within five days telling us they have gotten the flue or some other illness we have to discard the blood, not to mention at times we discover things in testing, drugs or infections that means we have to discard it, I will make some inquiries with the blood bank and see what I can arrange."
The Akashic agreed.

He nodded, "The dark boy is named Kyle, and he's a good kid, with a few dark influences. He can't see or hear you, though... and Mona can't, either, so if the bad man comes, you come running to get me."

"Ok...if the bad man comes here I will go and find you Sir..."
Tommy agreed.
"Kyle is a nice name...and most can't see me but many of the children can."

He sighed and nodded to Richard, "Right, the fellow should be in the stockroom... I can start preparing something quick while we walk... Malomagia reverbero..."
He raised his ring and started working, mentally designing a parabolic dish, ready to throw out in front of a hostile mage to bounce a spell right back at its source, ready to release at a moment's notice...

"Richard started walking down one of the white and green hallways of the hospital.
"This way Colin but please remember that we are in the middle of a very public hospital, we can not put any of the patients or staff in danger and even if we manage to take this man down how are we going to be able to take him out of here, and killing him, if we are seen there will be...questions..."
The Akashic said and he sounded concerned.
"We can't just fling spells around and let us say I inject this man with the serum and he start screaming assault then I am done, I doubt that the police will believe me when I tell them that he is an evil mage."
He said then he rounded a corner and pointed at a door that said: Storeroom, staff only on a little metal sign.
"Ok so how do you want to do this my friend?"

Nicole:

You moved on instinct, aimed at the remaining man in the ally and pulled the trigger, the gunman screamed and sank down to his knees, you had hit him in the guts, and hit him good, the man lifted his hands and fired wildly but he was in to much pain to focus so most of the bullets just went everywhere. You heard one of your allies the mage who had tossed a vial at the men cried out as one of the stray bullets hit him in the shoulder. There was allot of noise now, surly the police was called and even with Narim slowing the boys in blue down time was running out.

(OOC: Nicole you did 5 Lethal that is a good shot.)

(OOC 2: Sorry for my late reply I have been out at bellydancing class. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Quickly took a peek at the situation; gave a smile on seeing the man's injuries, which vanished on seeing the boy hit. Time to finish this shit. Aimed quickly at the man again, and fired.

[We all need hobbies, do we not?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:14 pm

"You can be a lab rat for my cookie recepies I think you would prefer that to being captured by a sadistic Nephandus."
Bianca offered and grinned.

"Deal!" Serge said enthusiastically.

"Why not, you are cute, and sweet and seam kind."
The Verbena said as she opened the door for you.

"Sure....I guess. Most of the people I've met in my life just found me weird and naive....or just outright crazy. Some other adjectives are nice to hear so thanks for that." Serge said with a smile.

"Since you are this shy I guess the girls are not all over you but they could be."
She commented.

"Most of the girls I've met tended to avoid me at all costs. I remember them thinking about me as a creepy, introverted weirdo who always seemed to know what they were thinking. That always seemed to drive people off." Serge said with a laugh as he remembered his high school days.

"Well I am not going to keep you from your work, but do come again."
She said and gave you a friendly smile.

"Sure thing! Perhaps at a better time I can show you some of my drawings and we can drink magick tea." Serge said with a friendly smile.

As Serge left the room he was at a lost of what to do. Technically speaking, unless something drastic happened, confirming the drawing of Lisa Larson was his last task to do until Master Morgan came back. If he wanted too he could go back to his room and just do nothing (his favorite task). However after seeing all of the mages working so hard and suffering so much it didn't feel right to just sit around and do nothing.

He remembered the Deaconess's oil cat and how Master Morgan had asked him to retrieve it from her. It wasn't going to be easy, but Serge had nothing else to do, so he headed towards the cafeteria in search of Deaconess O'Conner.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Nicole:

Quickly took a peek at the situation; gave a smile on seeing the man's injuries, which vanished on seeing the boy hit. Time to finish this shit. Aimed quickly at the man again, and fired.

Arn was on the ground trying to grab another flask from his belt as Jeffry grabbed him by his uninjured arm and tossed him behind him, the boy hitting the ground with a pained grunt. You aimed at the man in the ally again and you saw the bullet hit the man's head, he jerked, dropped his gun and then collapsed and was still.

Serge:

"Deal!" Serge said enthusiastically.

Bianca smiled.
"Good, good I have this idea for blueberry tarts you might like, once I have been to the woods and harvested the berries."
She mushed.

"Sure....I guess. Most of the people I've met in my life just found me weird and naive....or just outright crazy. Some other adjectives are nice to hear so thanks for that." Serge said with a smile.

"By the time I was fourteen I was addicted to just about every drug on the streets, selling them to...and myself, I have no right to judge anyone, and especially not for being a bit unusual."
Bianca said unapologetically.
"If we are going to live at the same Chantry let us be friends Serge."
The Verbena witch said and smiled happily.

"Sure thing! Perhaps at a better time I can show you some of my drawings and we can drink magick tea." Serge said with a friendly smile.

"Sounds wonderful, perhaps you can draw me."
Bianca said and she winked at you.
"I am not going to keep you then, I am watching over Hannah and you probably have chores we all have to pitch in during this crisis after all."

He remembered the Deaconess's oil cat and how Master Morgan had asked him to retrieve it from her. It wasn't going to be easy, but Serge had nothing else to do, so he headed towards the cafeteria in search of Deaconess O'Conner.

You found the Deaconess in a chair out in the hallway outside the cafeteria, the two oil kittens were on the floor trying to get a hold of a string of deeply colored blue pearls that she was dangling in front of them. The woman smiled as you approached.
"The young artist wish to speak with me?"
She asked and cocked her head to the side.

(OOC:Well that and I really need some exercise. I have aspergers syndrome and as such I have a social worker who helps me out with some tings that are hard for me and she asked me if there was any kind of exercise I was willing to do, I said bellydancing and she arranged it for me.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:39 pm

You found the Deaconess in a chair out in the hallway outside the cafeteria, the two oil kittens were on the floor trying to get a hold of a string of deeply colored blue pearls that she was dangling in front of them. The woman smiled as you approached.
"The young artist wish to speak with me?"
She asked and cocked her head to the side.

"Yeah! I didn't get to properly introduce myself back in the fight. My name is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said cheerily with a polite nod to the women.

"I just wanted to say thanks again for saving me from....them." Serge said glancing at the kittens playing on the ground. "That seriously was one of the coolest things I've seen. I much prefer those oil-men looking like that."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Hardly time to thank Adjan for his A+ soccer move any more than his pater’s but he was grateful for not being incinerated all the same. Picking out where the sudden burst of gunfire came from, he almost couldn’t believe it – the same man, someone he didn’t think he’d run into again. That was, of course, the /other/ reason Mattapan had been put on their radar recently. He scowled as Nicole returned fire and continued working on the shield before the woman recovered enough to try hucking another bomb at them. He still hadn't seen the Technos, nor Narim, but this fight had been going on long enough that at some point they'd have to deal with the police, even in Mattapan. He hoped there was some other more pressing "emergency" the locals were having to deal with...

// sorry I was so peopled out, I needed the only cure that I knew - Netflix binge of Stranger Things.
Arete: 6, 6, 7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Serge:

"Yeah! I didn't get to properly introduce myself back in the fight. My name is Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said cheerily with a polite nod to the women.

"So you are, so you are my boy. Well a name for a name I am Mara O'Connor Hermes bani Merinita, or at least I am in this world, this illusion, so many broken pieces of a dream."
Mara said and smiled.

"I just wanted to say thanks again for saving me from....them." Serge said glancing at the kittens playing on the ground. "That seriously was one of the coolest things I've seen. I much prefer those oil-men looking like that."

"Perception is reality young artist, what you see, what you imagine you create."
The large woman said as she continued to play with the kittens.
"Are you here because you want something from me then child, do Jeffry think a boyish face and innocent eyes will convince me where his reason and strong words will not?"
The Deaconess cooed.

Adley:

Hardly time to thank Adjan for his A+ soccer move any more than his pater’s but he was grateful for not being incinerated all the same. Picking out where the sudden burst of gunfire came from, he almost couldn’t believe it – the same man, someone he didn’t think he’d run into again. That was, of course, the /other/ reason Mattapan had been put on their radar recently. He scowled as Nicole returned fire and continued working on the shield before the woman recovered enough to try hucking another bomb at them. He still hadn't seen the Technos, nor Narim, but this fight had been going on long enough that at some point they'd have to deal with the police, even in Mattapan. He hoped there was some other more pressing "emergency" the locals were having to deal with...

You got the spell in by the skin of your teeth, your whole body was aching, all you wanted to do was lay down, ease that pain and it messed with your concentration, your spellwork was messy and unfocused but it did work, and the Nephanda gave a desperate sort of whimper of fear when with the sound of fine crystal shattering her protective shield went down, quickly she turned her attention from her smarting leg and threw another of her devices in your direction, this time as well Jeffry shouted in Latin and the explosion sort of never happened, the old Hermetic then changed his chanting, you recognized the Greek words he was using he was trying to cut the Nephanda off from her magick for a while, but she was fighting him tooth and nail it seamed, she was alone now though and unprotected and things did not look good for her and slowly she backed away fear in her eyes.

(OOC: Perfectly understandable. I am going to be slow to post tomorrow, first of all it is Halloween and I have ritual work to do, secondly I have finally convinced my doctor that my joint issues is not just me being fat so I am having xrays taken, then in the evening I am going to a Aspergers support group meeting so I might not be able to post allot tomorrow.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum