Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:29 pm

"Ok that is ok I guess I do not like going back there but it is ok."
Kyle said a bit hesitantly. Freddy nodded.
"We could bring him to the hospital cafeteria just to eat as well Colin to get him used to being in the building."
She said.
Colin nodded, "No pressure, Kyle - and no false pretenses, either. It would just be going there to deliver an item, and to get lunch in the cafeteria. Possibly to speak with a spirit or ghost while we're there. No tests, no examinations, no need for you to interact with a doctor or nurse, just to see if you can handle being in the building without any problems."

"Yeah he is good at that alright."
Freddy said wryly and he grinned at you. Kyle glanced at you and gave you an uncertain smile.
He nodded sagely, "He was quite upset the other day, when I sent the rest of my, hm, adventuring party home without me, and left my gun with them, while I went to ground after ensuring they were no longer pursued... It was the tactical choice to make, owing to the car being full and my gun being loaded with Primium rounds - I still don't have my carry permit, and that ammunition would have been like a beacon to the Union had I been arrested - and I was quite able to vanish into a pub for a while until the immediate hubbub died down before returning... but he still was not pleased with that. And there's the time a few years back where he had me polish ALL the silver owned by the Chantry. Believe you me, the house has a lot of elaborate candlesticks..."

"Thank you for that Sir I appreciate it and I do not want to disappoint Master Morgan though there are some things I am not sure I will be able to do willingly."
He said and he looked down at his pale hands.
"It might not be shame in crying out but when it makes those around sad I can not do it."
He said and sigh.
He nodded, "I think he will be more sad if fear keeps you from doing something, than if you cry out when something gets painful... And I told him you've got some serious issues with having your hands held or restrained, too. He understands, and will probably not call for interfering with them unless it is absolutely necessary in the future."

"Fear me not them."
Freddy said a bit disturbingly happily and she hugged you again."
He grinned and winked, "You do realize that I will use you as fair warning, should I be captured by a Fallen - whatever he will do to me, you will do worse to the both of us in retribution? There's not much he could threaten me with after that..."

Darrian nodded and opened the door. Inside Ulv still sat bound to a shelf he looked to be in allot better mood now then before though and you saw a very well done drawing of Liv sit leaned against another shelf where he could see it. Ulv looked up at you and scowled.
"Wainwright."
He muttered.
He nodded back to Ulv, "Bergen."
He glanced over at the drawing, "Impressively lifelike... Mr. Yager has come to speak with you, too? Hum... has Liv come to see you yet, though?"
He shook his head and lowered his voice a little, "Ah, I am in something of a hurry... I'm going to soften the Fallen's defenses - butter up a key component of their security, if you will. I needed to confiscate your unopened block of margarine for that. I will, of course, compensate you for the cost of purchase later; I'd like to see your receipt for it after I come back. And... as I understand legal precedent, owing to your poor choice of actions and the fact that your Avatar is not actually Fallen, it seems that execution is the most likely fate for you... For Liv's sake, I am going to ask for some favours from a few fairly powerful and respected people, to have your sentence suspended - I, or more precisely they, might be able to get you off with one hell of a Branding and lifelong probation... You would spend some time in quite a bit of pain, and you would never be fully trusted, I suppose... but you would be alive and able to spend time with your daughter. The question is, will you let your pride and anger over being arrested like that by an Orphan get in the way of an outstretched hand?"
He smiled thinly, "Make no mistake, i am quite angry for what you did to the Chantry I live in and love... but I can't fault the reason for why you did it, and I am prepared to consider that a saving grace. We all make mistakes; great, horrible mistakes with potentially terrible consequences for others... but your mistake swiftly countered, with quite minimal consequences, all things considered, and so there may yet be hope for you. You may yet prove a valuable asset to the Traditions in this life."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 am

Nicole:

Gave a critical eyebrow to the retreating woman, then it seemingly passed from Nicole's mind. 'Welcome party?' she said to the air in general.

"Miss Main works in the dock's logistics department it is her job to now which ships are docked where and who they belong to."
Rodger said and he gave you a bit of a weird look.
"It do seam she was scared of though hum...well for now let us do our jobs and see what sort of vessel old man Morgan have managed to get himself shall we dear madam?"
The older Etherite said as he begun to walk towards hangar nine.

Adley:

Your Mentor spoke the names of the magi currently not at Steelhaven and important guests first, then each Umbrood that where here, using descriptions where their name was not known then he spoke about your lodger in the words you had written up and then Uragi's children, once the list of invitations where done the older Hermetic spoke to you again.
"We will finish up with the Golden Dawn rituals they are young but effective. The Hexagram ritual to banish unwanted astrological influences from this working and seal it and then the Lesser Invoking Pentagram ritual...let us got with standard earth to finish our task and invoke the finished ward into being fully, then once our task is done we will ground and center ourselves again."
He said and he entered the first position and waited for you to do the same.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "No pressure, Kyle - and no false pretenses, either. It would just be going there to deliver an item, and to get lunch in the cafeteria. Possibly to speak with a spirit or ghost while we're there. No tests, no examinations, no need for you to interact with a doctor or nurse, just to see if you can handle being in the building without any problems."

Kyle gave you a little relieved smile.
"O...ok that should be fine then Sir."
He said, still a little nervous but he seamed to be calmed down by your reassurances.

He nodded sagely, "He was quite upset the other day, when I sent the rest of my, hm, adventuring party home without me, and left my gun with them, while I went to ground after ensuring they were no longer pursued... It was the tactical choice to make, owing to the car being full and my gun being loaded with Primium rounds - I still don't have my carry permit, and that ammunition would have been like a beacon to the Union had I been arrested - and I was quite able to vanish into a pub for a while until the immediate hubbub died down before returning... but he still was not pleased with that. And there's the time a few years back where he had me polish ALL the silver owned by the Chantry. Believe you me, the house has a lot of elaborate candlesticks..."

"The Chief prefer educational punishments over physical ones, some say he wanted to be a teacher before the collage Chantry Mus was taken by the Technocracy that he hoped to one day retire and spend his remaining years teaching young mages the ropes, and I can kind of see him in that role."
Freddy said and she smiled a little.
"I was to vulgar once, with magick...an got a pretty nasty Paradox weakness he had me assist Dr Lee for a week digging out information on obscure Paradox illnesses from books that Horizon had sent over so he could treat a patient of his, let us just say I have been ore careful since then."
The Virtual Adept said and grimaced.
"As for silverware well Hermetics like their candles."
She added and Kyle grinned a little at that he took another cookie and held the box out to offer you and Freddy some as well.

He nodded, "I think he will be more sad if fear keeps you from doing something, than if you cry out when something gets painful... And I told him you've got some serious issues with having your hands held or restrained, too. He understands, and will probably not call for interfering with them unless it is absolutely necessary in the future."

"I have a problem with being restrained in general it is just that it is worse when it is my hands."
Kyle said and he looked down at his thin fingers.
"I just do not like being held down."
He added then he smiled a little.
"I will try not to let fear rule me though Sir but it is not easy."

He grinned and winked, "You do realize that I will use you as fair warning, should I be captured by a Fallen - whatever he will do to me, you will do worse to the both of us in retribution? There's not much he could threaten me with after that..."

Freddy grinned happily at that.
"Good you do that but preferably I would rather you avoid being captured."
She commented.

He nodded back to Ulv, "Bergen."
He glanced over at the drawing, "Impressively lifelike... Mr. Yager has come to speak with you, too? Hum... has Liv come to see you yet, though?"

"Yes Mr Yager came by to offer me food but I will not be fed like a helpless infant."
Ulv grumbled and he nodded towards the now cold bowl of soup that Serge had forgotten on the floor.
"He is a most plesant young man though and he made that drawing for me. Liv have not been here and I am not sure I want her to see me like this either I have sent a message to her with Mr Yager though."
The Hagalaz mage said and grimaced.

He shook his head and lowered his voice a little, "Ah, I am in something of a hurry... I'm going to soften the Fallen's defenses - butter up a key component of their security, if you will. I needed to confiscate your unopened block of margarine for that. I will, of course, compensate you for the cost of purchase later; I'd like to see your receipt for it after I come back.

"Do I even want to know what you are using a block of margarine for in order to lower the defenses of the bloody Labyrinth?"
Ulv asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"It is fine, it is not like it is an expensive item, don't worry about it."
He said and shook his head.

And... as I understand legal precedent, owing to your poor choice of actions and the fact that your Avatar is not actually Fallen, it seems that execution is the most likely fate for you..

The rune mage got a dark look in his eyes.
"This is what I have heard as well. My crime is conspiring with the enemies of Asencion with the Nephandi and that can give Gilgul..."
He gulped at that and was silent for a moment.
"But with the circumstances execution is a more likely outcome for me."

For Liv's sake, I am going to ask for some favours from a few fairly powerful and respected people, to have your sentence suspended - I, or more precisely they, might be able to get you off with one hell of a Branding and lifelong probation... You would spend some time in quite a bit of pain, and you would never be fully trusted, I suppose... but you would be alive and able to spend time with your daughter. The question is, will you let your pride and anger over being arrested like that by an Orphan get in the way of an outstretched hand?"

Ulv cringed when you mentioned the Branding but he said nothing for a while he looked at you with rage in his eyes then his expression mellowed out and he sigh.
"No I suppose not, Liv will need her father and I do not particularly want to die my religion do not have a realm of punishment for the dead like Christianity have, not as such but for a traitor there is little in store for him after death than slow oblivion."
He grumbled.
"So I will accept your offer...thank you."
That last part looked like it physically hurt to say.

He smiled thinly, "Make no mistake, i am quite angry for what you did to the Chantry I live in and love... but I can't fault the reason for why you did it, and I am prepared to consider that a saving grace. We all make mistakes; great, horrible mistakes with potentially terrible consequences for others... but your mistake swiftly countered, with quite minimal consequences, all things considered, and so there may yet be hope for you. You may yet prove a valuable asset to the Traditions in this life."

Ulv glared and you and muttered something in Norwegian you did not really need translated then he sigh and nodded.
"I am sorry for betraying Steelhaven the Chantry have been good to me, but at the time it seamed like I had no other choice."
He explained softly.
"I am glad no one got hurt, including that widderslainte girl and the messengers, and I am sorry I struck that damned Goth hedge wizard."
He muttered.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I was rather busy yesterday and ended up falling asleep on the sofa.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 am

"We will finish up with the Golden Dawn rituals they are young but effective. The Hexagram ritual to banish unwanted astrological influences from this working and seal it and then the Lesser Invoking Pentagram ritual...let us got with standard earth to finish our task and invoke the finished ward into being fully, then once our task is done we will ground and center ourselves again."

There quite possibly were astrological influences that were not necessarily in their favor - he recalled someone had been working on it and it jogged his memory that perhaps it could be relevant to see if anything came of that lead, especially now that they knew more about the plans. He put a mental bookmark on that and nodded to his mentor as he continued his instructions. As he had when he was learning, he didn't speak during a ritual unless he had a necessary question and in this case he did not. It was as another lesson the way he described what they were about to do but it was also a declaration and check-in that they were to proceed in a particular way. When he was in ritual, he too liked the 'instructions' up front even if he knew them, even if he were only speaking to himself. No doubt after all of this a bit of a rest would be wise but they were most of the way there and so he focused on finishing the task while the area was still humming with proper energies. Banishing the unwanted influences, then invoke the protective forces - start with the quabbalistic cross. Vibrate the godNames and the Powers for the planets according to their zodiac positions to charge them, drawing contrary to the course of the sun for banishing the hexagram as two triangles and the correct zodiac sign in the center of it, seal each from causing harm or untoward disruptions. The invoking ritual then naturally dovetailed as they proceeded along from start and finish of the one to the start of the next - the complement of the microcosm. Then their home would warded and protected from any destructive force, the feeling resonated with him and within him as his mind went through each step as he took up the correct position, signalling he was ready as according to the outlined instructions.

// no worries

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 am

"Thought forms are when someone create a being from their imagination, many cultures and religions have had the idea, some think that the Gods themselves are the thought forms of their believers, the most recent interaction is tulpas found online today where many young people create real imaginary friends for themselves."
Ulv explained.

Serge's eyes widened at the thought of beings spawned from his imagination. Real actual creatures spawned from his own belief in them.

"That's sounds fucking awesome! Although don't you need a bunch of people to create a thoughtform? Like...the collective belief from hundreds of people to breathe life and power the thoughtform? I might be remembering that wrong. Could the belief from one person be strong enough to create a thoughtform?" Serge asked.

"Well you are welcome to come in Serge I was asked to watch over the girls so I put on a show for them."
Rosa said and moved out of the way so you could come in.
"Liv Bergen is here together with Jane...ehm just find yourself a seat oh and I have some popcorn if you would like."
The young Cultist offered. Her apartment where the same as most of the other a living room and kitchen in one and a door to a bed room and a bath room, there where book shelves full of CDs, books and movies, a nice TV and stereo. The furniture looked second hand and there where band posters on the wall, the living room table was painted a bright purple and there was a colorful rug on the floor. There was a note stand to one side of the room and a violin case. Jane and Liv sat in a large armchair watching an episode of Pokemon with a bowl of popcorn in their lap. Both girls looks up at you and wave at you.

Serge waved excitedly at the girls as he talked to Rosa. "Thanks. Sorry for dropping in unexpectedly. I probably won't be here long."

"So while we're watching Pokemon....who's your favorite? Pokemon I mean." Serge asked with a smile as he made small talk as he waited for the show to end.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 am

Adley:

The rituals where ones you had done many times, when you where a first degree before you even Awakened these rituals and the Grimoire magic of the Renaissance where your first steps into mysticism. Later during the second degree they where used for focusing and centering and now your Mentor still used them to banish unfortunate influences before the finished ward where conjured and sealed into place.

There where some difference between how you and your Mentor cast these tried and true rituals, Jeffry did not vibrate the God and Planetary names, vibrating sounds while a part of several Asian practices only came into Western occultism with the Golden Dawn and while these rituals where also created by them Jeffry clearly did not see the point he spoke with authority and force instead and you could feel the power radiating through him as you worked side by side of him.

The ward casting had summoned a massive amount of force a it made you feel almost intoxicated and yet at the same time very clear, the Hexagram rituals done and the Invoking Pentagram Ritual started you felt the ward snapping into place and as the last syllable fell with the final intonation Ateh the ward sprang into being as the Cabalistic Cross established you as the center of your own universe.

With the ritual done it was silence, full silence for just a moment, the silence was needed for it marked the end of the working, you felt the energies swirl around you and in you, the creative working had lessened the ache in your Avatar, there was comfort in the silence, peace. The finally Jeffry begun his own working to ground and center himself, he kicked his shoes off and put his feet on the floor and made the modern sigil for Terram with his right hand and held the other parallel to the floor as he drew a deep breath and closed his eyes, leaving you to choose your own way to center yourself and come back to the real world after the holy space you had visited.

(OOC: I did the rolls since Jeffry where leading the ritual after the rules for working in concert but I realized I used the Second edition rules instead of M20 ones do you want to make the rolls or do you want me to re roll. In all with this roll we got up to 11 successes on the extended rolls so that is quite a ward but we can do the rolls differently if you will, sorry for not asking first I did not think.)

Serge:

Serge's eyes widened at the thought of beings spawned from his imagination. Real actual creatures spawned from his own belief in them.

"That's sounds fucking awesome! Although don't you need a bunch of people to create a thoughtform? Like...the collective belief from hundreds of people to breathe life and power the thoughtform? I might be remembering that wrong. Could the belief from one person be strong enough to create a thoughtform?" Serge asked.

"With all magick group workings are easier but that do not mean one person can't do it, and there are a whole movement of kids doing this, though it can be argued that the movement itself with it's message boards and Facebook groups is the group needed for the thought form creation even if it's manifestation in this case is individual."
Ulv commented and nodded.
"It might be worth looking into for you at least."

Serge waved excitedly at the girls as he talked to Rosa. "Thanks. Sorry for dropping in unexpectedly. I probably won't be here long."

"Oh do not worry about it Serge I am glad for company."
Rosa said and smiled.

"So while we're watching Pokemon....who's your favorite? Pokemon I mean." Serge asked with a smile as he made small talk as he waited for the show to end.

"I like Dragonite best Sir."
Jane said before she turned to Liv to translate for her Liv smiled and said.
"Gothita,"
She said before she held the bowl of popcorn out towards you as if to ask if you wanted some as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Kyle gave you a little relieved smile.
"O...ok that should be fine then Sir."
He said, still a little nervous but he seamed to be calmed down by your reassurances.
Colin smiled, "Not to worry; I'll ask if you feel up to coming along when the time comes. No need to commit to it this far in advance."

"The Chief prefer educational punishments over physical ones, some say he wanted to be a teacher before the collage Chantry Mus was taken by the Technocracy that he hoped to one day retire and spend his remaining years teaching young mages the ropes, and I can kind of see him in that role."
Freddy said and she smiled a little.
"I was to vulgar once, with magick...an got a pretty nasty Paradox weakness he had me assist Dr Lee for a week digging out information on obscure Paradox illnesses from books that Horizon had sent over so he could treat a patient of his, let us just say I have been ore careful since then."
The Virtual Adept said and grimaced.
"As for silverware well Hermetics like their candles."
She added and Kyle grinned a little at that he took another cookie and held the box out to offer you and Freddy some as well.
He nodded and accepted a cookie, "The punishment for going solo and sending the others home ahead was to make a memorial plaque to every member of this Tribunal who died fighting the Ascension War... to put into perspective how frail we are alone."

"I have a problem with being restrained in general it is just that it is worse when it is my hands."
Kyle said and he looked down at his thin fingers.
"I just do not like being held down."
He added then he smiled a little.
"I will try not to let fear rule me though Sir but it is not easy."
He smiled, "The important things are never easy. Simple, perhaps, but never easy..."

Freddy grinned happily at that.
"Good you do that but preferably I would rather you avoid being captured."
She commented.
He grinned, "So would they, even if they might not realize that just yet."

"Yes Mr Yager came by to offer me food but I will not be fed like a helpless infant."
Ulv grumbled and he nodded towards the now cold bowl of soup that Serge had forgotten on the floor.
"He is a most plesant young man though and he made that drawing for me. Liv have not been here and I am not sure I want her to see me like this either I have sent a message to her with Mr Yager though."
The Hagalaz mage said and grimaced.
He nodded, "No, I suppose you're a little too proud to let your daughter see you like this. Hm, Mr. Yager seems a good kid, though, even if his Latin is... rather inadequate."

"Do I even want to know what you are using a block of margarine for in order to lower the defenses of the bloody Labyrinth?"
Ulv asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"It is fine, it is not like it is an expensive item, don't worry about it."
He said and shook his head.
He smiled wryly, "It's not the margarine, it's the name. I already succeeded with this maneuver in the future; repeating the brazen gambit should be quite possible..."

Ulv cringed when you mentioned the Branding but he said nothing for a while he looked at you with rage in his eyes then his expression mellowed out and he sigh.
"No I suppose not, Liv will need her father and I do not particularly want to die my religion do not have a realm of punishment for the dead like Christianity have, not as such but for a traitor there is little in store for him after death than slow oblivion."
He grumbled.
"So I will accept your offer...thank you."
That last part looked like it physically hurt to say.
He nodded, "So be it. I will make the pleas on your behalf, up to the Council of Nine, if needs be."

Ulv glared and you and muttered something in Norwegian you did not really need translated then he sigh and nodded.
"I am sorry for betraying Steelhaven the Chantry have been good to me, but at the time it seamed like I had no other choice."
He explained softly.
"I am glad no one got hurt, including that widderslainte girl and the messengers, and I am sorry I struck that damned Goth hedge wizard."
He muttered.
He nodded, speaking softly, "I know that desperation all too well... and while you should have had the insight to realize that the Fallen, even if they had the same training as you, are under no obligation to keep their end of any bargain; they seek only the unmaking of everything - and keeping a deal and let someone go unscathed is anathema to them - I can't reasonably fault you for being deceived. Not with what you had at stake..."
He shook his head, "As for your apology... tell Miss Alexander, Mister Gregario, Miss Florentine and Miss Day. The three former are not quite up for coming here right now, I think, but I can ask Miss Day to come see you."

((OOC: You needed your sleep. It's fine.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Colin smiled, "Not to worry; I'll ask if you feel up to coming along when the time comes. No need to commit to it this far in advance."

"Thank you Sir."
Kyle said and he seamed a bit relieved that you where not pressuring him.

He nodded and accepted a cookie, "The punishment for going solo and sending the others home ahead was to make a memorial plaque to every member of this Tribunal who died fighting the Ascension War... to put into perspective how frail we are alone."

"Sounds like an effective punishment."
Freddy said and grinned.
"And a potentially rather uncomfortable one."

He smiled, "The important things are never easy. Simple, perhaps, but never easy..."

Kyle gave a solemn nod at that.

He grinned, "So would they, even if they might not realize that just yet."

"Indeed so would they."
Freddy said with a grin and she reached out to pat you on the shoulder.

He nodded, "No, I suppose you're a little too proud to let your daughter see you like this. Hm, Mr. Yager seems a good kid, though, even if his Latin is... rather inadequate."

"I do not think it would be good for Liv to see her father like this either."
Ulv commented.
"Yes Mr Yeger is a good kid, I like him as for his Latin skills yes those might be lacking."

He smiled wryly, "It's not the margarine, it's the name. I already succeeded with this maneuver in the future; repeating the brazen gambit should be quite possible..."

"The name of it Melange? I do not understand Wainwright...ehm I see you can see into the future then, I guess that can be a useful skill."
Ulv said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "So be it. I will make the pleas on your behalf, up to the Council of Nine, if needs be."

The Hagalaz looked at you for a moment and he grunted he had thanked you once he did not have another one in him right now.

He nodded, speaking softly, "I know that desperation all too well... and while you should have had the insight to realize that the Fallen, even if they had the same training as you, are under no obligation to keep their end of any bargain; they seek only the unmaking of everything - and keeping a deal and let someone go unscathed is anathema to them - I can't reasonably fault you for being deceived. Not with what you had at stake..."

Ulv grunted sourly again not replying.

He shook his head, "As for your apology... tell Miss Alexander, Mister Gregario, Miss Florentine and Miss Day. The three former are not quite up for coming here right now, I think, but I can ask Miss Day to come see you."

"Very well I can apologize to the widderslainte girl the two Mercere and Day, you can send Day down and I will apologize to her even how much I don't want to."
Ulv grumbled and looked like he was just about to shit bricks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:47 pm

"Sounds like an effective punishment."
Freddy said and grinned.
"And a potentially rather uncomfortable one."
Colin nodded, "It will be... rough reading, going through the extensive list he gave me."

"I do not think it would be good for Liv to see her father like this either."
Ulv commented.
"Yes Mr Yeger is a good kid, I like him as for his Latin skills yes those might be lacking."
He nodded, "On the other hand, better here than in a cell on Horizon. Some of the guards are outright malicious bastards - one of them might call her in to see you out of spite..."

"The name of it Melange? I do not understand Wainwright...ehm I see you can see into the future then, I guess that can be a useful skill."
Ulv said and raised an eyebrow.
He smiled wryly, "It's a mixed blessing... and I guess you aren't familiar with the Dune series, then. In that setting, Melange is a spice which enhances psychic abilities - along with other, hm, effects."

"Very well I can apologize to the widderslainte girl the two Mercere and Day, you can send Day down and I will apologize to her even how much I don't want to."
Ulv grumbled and looked like he was just about to shit bricks.
He grinned wryly, "Baby steps, Mr. Bergen. I'm not asking you to embrace a philosophy of universal love and friendship just yet. I'll leave that task to Liv."
He nodded and casually brushed a few imaginary specks of dust off his suit before turning toward the door, "Very well, then. If there's nothing else you would ask of me before I go... I'll see you when we've won the battle."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Colin nodded, "It will be... rough reading, going through the extensive list he gave me."

Freddy nodded and that and gave you a sad look.
"So it will be...there are allot of good people on that list, good people that should have still been here."
She said softly. Kyle looked at her for a moment but said nothing.

He nodded, "On the other hand, better here than in a cell on Horizon. Some of the guards are outright malicious bastards - one of them might call her in to see you out of spite..."

"True enough I am not exactly looking forward to going there but I doubt they have the authority to call on someone's apprentice from a Chantry here on Earth to bring them to Horizon to see a prisoner."
Ulv said sourly.

He smiled wryly, "It's a mixed blessing... and I guess you aren't familiar with the Dune series, then. In that setting, Melange is a spice which enhances psychic abilities - along with other, hm, effects."

"I think I have watched a movie by that name fuck yeah that is the name of their spice is it not but what do that have to do with the Nephandi?"
The Hagalaz mage asked and he looked rather confused.

He grinned wryly, "Baby steps, Mr. Bergen. I'm not asking you to embrace a philosophy of universal love and friendship just yet. I'll leave that task to Liv."

"Universal love and friendship my ripe ass."
Ulv grumbled.
"But this is my Chantry so I can apologize even to a hedgie."

He nodded and casually brushed a few imaginary specks of dust off his suit before turning toward the door, "Very well, then. If there's nothing else you would ask of me before I go... I'll see you when we've won the battle."

"Yeah there is one thing Wainwright, listen that kid Yager he was kind to me and I wanted to repay him. In the top drawer of my nightstand I have a collection of ruse sets, can you get them for him and let him choose one of them for himself without him having to go into my apartment unless someone have dispelled my traps?"
Ulv asked.
"I ehm...would appreciate the favor."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Having a moment of peace was a boon in such a chaotic time as this had turned out to be. It was even nice not to have to talk or say anything, or think anything else but what had been accomplished - just for a moment. He was glad for the respite but he knew he had probably take a real rest for a moment - he felt as fine as he normally would, possibly a bit better but that was the trick of the medicine. He sank to the ground facing north in a meditative posture to ground himself, focusing on the feeling of the energy drawing from above all the way down to his feet: malkuth - The clay of the body, as one had put it - the roots of the tree grew and likewise the body of the universe, and earth, the kingdom where she was the queen, and all gross and heavy, condensed matter, physicality, framework. Foundation. When he felt more grounded, he realised he wanted something to eat. Again. He sighed, stood up slowly. "Do you think we can spare a moment to stop by and say a word to my brother?" he asked his mentor. They were on the ground floor, it wouldn't be much to at least say hello. "I need to eat something," he added, more to himself than anything.

// it's fine to go by the 2nd ed rules, if that's what you want to do. I don't mind either way as I said, since Adley's not leading the ritual.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Jeffry begun to pull his shoes on again then he nodded and pulled two muesli bars out of his coat pocket and handed one to you.
"I assumed you would, eating is a good way to ground your energies."
He said as he opened his own bar and took a bite of it.
"I was planning on visiting your brother I am concerned over what happened at the hospital and you are welcome to come along, like you said we are on the same floor as where he is kept so saying hello will not take much time."
The older Hermetic said and he begun to walk in the direction of the practical part of the basement.
"At least this new ward should hold well."
He added.
"It will help keep Steelhaven safe while we are out."
He said he did not praise your work, he expected you to perform well, you where his student after all and your Mentor had faith in your ability.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:12 pm

"Oh good," he said, taking the food and pulling the wrapper open. "I need to remember to bring food and water," he said. "One other thing, speaking of conjunctions, I know we had someone working on something like that, didn't we?" he asked him, picking the slate out and clearing it to write, 'I remember something about a dowser, and something about astrology, I fear I cannot recall details. Only that it may be important, considering what we learned. Also, is there more to do to ready Ms Knox for her return?'

"I was planning on visiting your brother I am concerned over what happened at the hospital and you are welcome to come along, like you said we are on the same floor as where he is kept so saying hello will not take much time."

"Good are you ready, sir?" he asked, taking a big bite out of the food and chewing it.

"At least this new ward should hold well." He added. "It will help keep Steelhaven safe while we are out."He said he did not praise your work

He nodded. "Should we clear up here?" he asked. He realised that had been one of his duties - clear up things after, tip out the censor burners, and so on. Never leave a mess.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 pm

"Oh good," he said, taking the food and pulling the wrapper open. "I need to remember to bring food and water," he said.

"I usually make sure I have a small snack with me when casting, it is actually a problem for those of us who eventually choose to use magick to sustain themselves and stop eating, they loose an important tool for grounding."
Jeffry said never being able to resist an opportunity for a lesson.

"One other thing, speaking of conjunctions, I know we had someone working on something like that, didn't we?" he asked him, picking the slate out and clearing it to write, 'I remember something about a dowser, and something about astrology, I fear I cannot recall details. Only that it may be important, considering what we learned. Also, is there more to do to ready Ms Knox for her return?'

"Astrology I am afraid do not ring a bell right now but I could have forgotten something I will check my notes. The dowser however is Mrs Von Hess who managed to get some intel on Larson's Labyrinth for us as she managed to scry past the Labyrinth's wards."
Your Mentor said.
"I will go into details on what she found out when we form the strike team and make final preparations."
He added then he nodded.
"A Master Harris should by now have picked Mrs Knox up and returned her to Steelhaven so no there is no more that needs to be done in that matter."

"Good are you ready, sir?" he asked, taking a big bite out of the food and chewing it.

"Yes I am."
Jeffry said as he headed for the door.

He nodded. "Should we clear up here?" he asked. He realised that had been one of his duties - clear up things after, tip out the censor burners, and so on. Never leave a mess.

The older Flambeau hesitated for a moment then he nodded.
"While we are pressed for time it is never a good idea to leave a mess in the ritual chambers they are meant to be places for holy work, if you clear the Resonances again I will tidy up the altar."
He said as he turned and headed toward the small stone table, usually a younger mage would be given the entire task of cleaning up but time was short and Jeffry had never been particularly snobbish.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod to this. 'And who's payroll is she on?' following the two men towards the hangar.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:53 pm

"She is a Void Engineer, so yes if you see her anywhere else you may shoot her then again since the Engineers do not take a part in the Pogrom usually it is best to leave them alone if they don't act hostile."
The older Etherite said as he entered hangar nine, there where two ships here, a sleek white thing that looked like it would fit in a modern Star Trek movie an a some what worn, rectangle box with plates and panels every which way, it stood on four thin legs and it looked like a landing ramp might be extendable from a main entrance to the ship.
"Ah here we are, Master Morgan's shuttle."
Roger said and pointed at the odd looking ship in plot four.
"Well I guess we best get to work dear collogues."
He said and Miles sigh.
"Off course it is not the sleek new looking ship we have to get working."
He muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Nicole eyed up the ship with a professional air, moving around it to get a better look. Such as possible age, whether it was a variant of a standard design she'd seen in training [if only as pictures], and naturally what condition it was in.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:09 pm

"I usually make sure I have a small snack with me when casting, it is actually a problem for those of us who eventually choose to use magick to sustain themselves and stop eating, they loose an important tool for grounding."

"I don't know that I realised it until now but I am always hungry after rituals," he said in an agreeable tone.

"Astrology I am afraid do not ring a bell right now but I could have forgotten something I will check my notes. The dowser however is Mrs Von Hess who managed to get some intel on Larson's Labyrinth for us as she managed to scry past the Labyrinth's wards."
Your Mentor said.
"I will go into details on what she found out when we form the strike team and make final preparations."
He added then he nodded.
"A Master Harris should by now have picked Mrs Knox up and returned her to Steelhaven so no there is no more that needs to be done in that matter."

"Maybe I confused the first with the second, but good," he said with a nod. He finished the food, put the wrapper away and then cleared what he'd written on the tablet.

"While we are pressed for time it is never a good idea to leave a mess in the ritual chambers they are meant to be places for holy work, if you clear the Resonances again I will tidy up the altar."

It wasn't just a matter of being tidy for him, though that habit had no doubt become embedded by now as its own safety measure. And it would take longer to ask someone to help than it would to just do it themselves, so he promptly set to clearing the place. Anyone trying to grab any stray traces from their working would find it harder to do. Not that he liked to think that way, but they could not afford to do otherwise. After he was finished, he helped his pater with anything left if he needed it so they could clear out faster. "Starting to see how helpful apprentices can be," he said as he headed towards the door. Just a quick hello to his brother, so he knew that they had not forgotten him...

// 3, 5, 6 - 0, 6 ,5

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 am

Freddy nodded and that and gave you a sad look.
"So it will be...there are allot of good people on that list, good people that should have still been here."
She said softly. Kyle looked at her for a moment but said nothing.
Colin nodded, "And of course, I have to check each one, since the list is of all the Magi who have died, and the task is to pick out the ones who died to the war..."

"True enough I am not exactly looking forward to going there but I doubt they have the authority to call on someone's apprentice from a Chantry here on Earth to bring them to Horizon to see a prisoner."
Ulv said sourly.
He nodded, "Let's just say I would not put it past some of them to forge a request from a prisoner, just to cause grief... You mentioned a rot in one House; I've seen evidence of more than just the one..."

"I think I have watched a movie by that name fuck yeah that is the name of their spice is it not but what do that have to do with the Nephandi?"
The Hagalaz mage asked and he looked rather confused.
He grinned, "Everyone needs a hobby... and knowing someone's hobby offers an angle of influence. I'll explain when I get back."

"Universal love and friendship my ripe ass."
Ulv grumbled.
"But this is my Chantry so I can apologize even to a hedgie."
He chuckled softly, "No, I didn't think that would be so appealing to you."

"Yeah there is one thing Wainwright, listen that kid Yager he was kind to me and I wanted to repay him. In the top drawer of my nightstand I have a collection of ruse sets, can you get them for him and let him choose one of them for himself without him having to go into my apartment unless someone have dispelled my traps?"
Ulv asked.
"I ehm...would appreciate the favor."
He looked at Ulv for a long moment, then nodded, "When I look at those runes, I'm only going to see trace resonances from your work with them, and no curses or traps, or anything of that sort, I presume? Very well, that's not much trouble; I'll do that on my way back upstairs."
He smiled wryly as he left, "Now, don't go anywhere, Mr. Bergen."
He gave Darrian a quick nod as he left, and headed over to where he'd last seen Henrietta.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:54 am

"With all magick group workings are easier but that do not mean one person can't do it, and there are a whole movement of kids doing this, though it can be argued that the movement itself with it's message boards and Facebook groups is the group needed for the thought form creation even if it's manifestation in this case is individual."
Ulv commented and nodded.
"It might be worth looking into for you at least."

"Sounds interesting." Serge said with a curious look in his eyes.

"I might look into it when I have more time. I wonder what kind of beings those guys are manifesting. What would it look like? I wonder what kind of powers a being created from the imagination of facebook kids would have?" Serge wondered curiously.

"I like Dragonite best Sir."
Jane said before she turned to Liv to translate for her Liv smiled and said.
"Gothita,"
She said before she held the bowl of popcorn out towards you as if to ask if you wanted some as well.

"Now those are some awesome choices!" Serge said, happy to be talking about something other than death or war.

Serge reached out with his rune-marked hand and took some popcorn and munched on it happily, "Thanks!"

"I've always liked Eevee and it's evolutions. So many different forms...and they all look so cool. Than again Rayquaza pretty awesome too. Ahhh but Solgaleo...a giant metal fire lion is pretty awesome too. It's hard to decide on just one!" Serge said with a smile. "I've always wanted to use pokemon in my magick."

"What about you Rosa? What's your favorite pokemon? Come on, share with the class!" Serge said with a chuckle noticing Rosa was being quiet.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:00 am

Nicole:

Nicole eyed up the ship with a professional air, moving around it to get a better look. Such as possible age, whether it was a variant of a standard design she'd seen in training [if only as pictures], and naturally what condition it was in.

The ship was not in that bad condition but it was old and clearly repaired a few times. You think it was hand made by the person Jeffry inherited it from probably, it was a small shuttle craft but beyond that there was little standard about it. Rodger moved to try to find the mechanism to open the hatch, he pressed some buttons an a small ramp fell down with a thump and a set of inner doors opened.
"We should have a look inside ma'am."
The older Etherite suggested.

Adley:

"I don't know that I realised it until now but I am always hungry after rituals," he said in an agreeable tone.

"You use allot of energy on concentrating and contacting such powers takes it's toll mostly though I think it is a natural instinct that we need grounding into such work. We are lucky enough that we get to talk to our inner Gods and visit with beings of higher planes but we should never forget that we are also flesh and blood."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"And engaging in fulfilling our bodies's physical need help remind us of that."

"Maybe I confused the first with the second, but good," he said with a nod. He finished the food, put the wrapper away and then cleared what he'd written on the tablet.

Jeffry just nodded at that.

It wasn't just a matter of being tidy for him, though that habit had no doubt become embedded by now as its own safety measure. And it would take longer to ask someone to help than it would to just do it themselves, so he promptly set to clearing the place. Anyone trying to grab any stray traces from their working would find it harder to do. Not that he liked to think that way, but they could not afford to do otherwise. After he was finished, he helped his pater with anything left if he needed it so they could clear out faster.

You cleared the space as before, but this time it went allot easier and you smoothly banished the Resonance of the working, clearing out the heavy, protective feeling in the room until it again felt fresh and clean, like something was right after washing. Jeffry was done with his tasks as well, he had put his own materials away and tidied the rest back into a nearby shelf.
"Thank you mea filius, we should go to other tasks then."
The older Hermetic said."

"Starting to see how helpful apprentices can be," he said as he headed towards the door.

Jeffry smiled a little at that.
"Indeed that is the reason why many took apprentices in the past to have an assistant, that and to bring on their knowledge, however originally when the Order was formed we did not have a system of degrees put into place where young, promising children are taught first simple hedge magic, then more advanced hedge magic and then perhaps they will Awaken, instead each mage found their own students, like some still do today. Apprenticeships had a set length of fifteen years where by law the student where entitled to at least one season of instruction each year, though most got more, the rest of the time they learned by assisting their Mentors. At the end of those fifteen years they could demand to take their Gauntlets, and only if they failed could they be kept as apprentices for another year."
Jeffry explained as you walked down the cellar hallway with him.

Just a quick hello to his brother, so he knew that they had not forgotten him...

You got to the practical section of the cellar you saw that Dr Lee had arrived and he was checking on Sierra, gently examining her. Richard gave you a nod and Sierra gave you a weak, tired smile. Ty, Helga and Darrian was on guard duty in the corridor.
"I would like to see my new student."
Jeffry said and Ty gave him a bow and opened the door. You saw Freddy sitting in Kyle's room and keeping an eye on the boy. Kyle was awake now but he looked rather pale and he was laying in his bed, covered in blankets other than his left foot which still had the IV in it.
"Hi..."
Kyle said when he saw you and Jeffry. Freddy gave you and the Chief a smile and moved to the side so you could have room by the boy's bed. You saw that Colin had been there already with some books and some cookies for the young mage and they stood on a table next to his bed. Jeffry frowned when he saw how pale Kyle was.
"How are you doing child?"
He asked and Kyle smiled a little.
"I am better now Master Morgan."
He said and Jeffry smiled a little.
"That is good child...that is good."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "And of course, I have to check each one, since the list is of all the Magi who have died, and the task is to pick out the ones who died to the war..."

Freddy nodded solemnly at that.
"Not an easy task love."
She said simply.

He nodded, "Let's just say I would not put it past some of them to forge a request from a prisoner, just to cause grief... You mentioned a rot in one House; I've seen evidence of more than just the one..."

"That is not good news. Yes I have seen some indication that something is very wrong with the Janissary I just can not fully put my finger on it."
Ulv said.
"Well I am going to assume that the guards on Horizon will not try to get Liv there under false pretenses, and that Master Boz is smart enough not to fall for it if they try."

He grinned, "Everyone needs a hobby... and knowing someone's hobby offers an angle of influence. I'll explain when I get back."

"A Nephandus with a hobby just sounds weird."
The Hagalaz complained.
"Unless it is the fucked up hobbies of my ex wife."

He chuckled softly, "No, I didn't think that would be so appealing to you."

Ulv just scowled at you at that and called you a few things in Norwegian you did not need a translation for.

He looked at Ulv for a long moment, then nodded, "When I look at those runes, I'm only going to see trace resonances from your work with them, and no curses or traps, or anything of that sort, I presume? Very well, that's not much trouble; I'll do that on my way back upstairs."

"No the runes are not cursed they are my working tools, but feel free to scan them before touching them if that makes you feel safer Wainwright."
The rune mage scoffed.
"And them...thank you I guess."
He muttered again it seamed like it was physically painful to say such a thing to you.

He smiled wryly as he left, "Now, don't go anywhere, Mr. Bergen."

"Oh ha ha, is there a law that says that someone have to make that joke every time someone is tied up?"
Ulv grumbled.

He gave Darrian a quick nod as he left, and headed over to where he'd last seen Henrietta.

Darian gave you a nod in return and Mundi wagged his tail at you. The last place you had seen Henrietta would be the cafeteria but only Andrew was there now he was preparing a tray with a coffee mug and cups as you came in, the young Hermetic stopped what he was doing and he gave you a polite bow when you entered before he continued with the cups.
"Hello Mr Wainwright."
He said.

Serge:

"Sounds interesting." Serge said with a curious look in his eyes.

"I might look into it when I have more time. I wonder what kind of beings those guys are manifesting. What would it look like? I wonder what kind of powers a being created from the imagination of facebook kids would have?" Serge wondered curiously.

"From what I can see mostly manga inspired furries but I think it depend on you and what you yourself want to manifest. From what I have read most of them seam to have the power to help their creators in small ways but nothing to impressive but still interesting."
Ulv commented.

"Now those are some awesome choices!" Serge said, happy to be talking about something other than death or war.

Serge reached out with his rune-marked hand and took some popcorn and munched on it happily, "Thanks!"

Liv looked at you and said something in Latin and Jane translated.
"Liv says that she likes the one that look like little humans best Sir."
The young Chorister explained before she took a bit more popcorn herself and ate.

"I've always liked Eevee and it's evolutions. So many different forms...and they all look so cool.

"They are adorable Mr Yager."
Jane agreed.

Than again Rayquaza pretty awesome too. Ahhh but Solgaleo...a giant metal fire lion is pretty awesome too. It's hard to decide on just one!" Serge said with a smile. "I've always wanted to use pokemon in my magick."

Jane translated what you where saying for Liv and and young Hermetic made another comment that her friend translated back.
"She says it is like Pokemons are spirits, that is how she sees it and the trainers are summoners and in fact she saw a spirit that looked just like an Onix at Chantry Morningstar."

"What about you Rosa? What's your favorite pokemon? Come on, share with the class!" Serge said with a chuckle noticing Rosa was being quiet.

Rosa smiled a little at that.
"While I have to admit that Pokemon was never my favorite cartoon growing up and I am having a bit of trouble remembering the names, I do think the large one that ate and slept all the time is cute."
The young Cultist commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 am

After looking around the externals, Nicole gave a sigh. 'Shit... looks like a custom-job. Might just be the frame, though. Is it like anything you've seen before?' looking at Rodger and moving to enter.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:35 am

"You use allot of energy on concentrating and contacting such powers takes it's toll mostly though I think it is a natural instinct that we need grounding into such work. We are lucky enough that we get to talk to our inner Gods and visit with beings of higher planes but we should never forget that we are also flesh and blood."
Jeffry said and nodded. "And engaging in fulfilling our bodies's physical need help remind us of that."

He gave him a nod as he bit another bite out of the bar. It was not going to last long at that rate.

"Thank you mea filius, we should go to other tasks then." The older Hermetic said."

"Agreed."

"Indeed that is the reason why many took apprentices in the past to have an assistant, that and to bring on their knowledge, however originally when the Order was formed we did not have a system of degrees put into place where young, promising children are taught first simple hedge magic, then more advanced hedge magic and then perhaps they will Awaken, instead each mage found their own students, like some still do today. Apprenticeships had a set length of fifteen years where by law the student where entitled to at least one season of instruction each year, though most got more, the rest of the time they learned by assisting their Mentors. At the end of those fifteen years they could demand to take their Gauntlets, and only if they failed could they be kept as apprentices for another year."

"Fifteen years?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I would like to see my new student."
Jeffry said and Ty gave him a bow and opened the door. You saw Freddy sitting in Kyle's room and keeping an eye on the boy. Kyle was awake now but he looked rather pale and he was laying in his bed, covered in blankets other than his left foot which still had the IV in it.
"Hi..."

As Adley passed by Dr Lee and the others he gave him a nod, and another to Ty as well. He was surprised to see Freddie there, but smiled and her and Kyle when he saw them. "Hello," he returned. His eyes scanned the books and then noted the IV in his foot with a small frown. He remembered what Colin had said earlier to them about what had happened at the hospital, some of what he had learned.

"How are you doing child?" He asked and Kyle smiled a little.
"I am better now Master Morgan."
He said and Jeffry smiled a little.
"That is good child...that is good."

"I'm glad that you've returned, I was...concerned," he added. "I am glad to see you are feeling better." He reached out to adjust the blanket, but minding the IV so he would not accidentally bump it, fussing somewhat despite himself. He sighed. "We cannot stay long but I wanted you to know...I wanted to say thank you." He stood back up and nodded to Freddy as well. "And I am glad to see you as well."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:41 am

Nicole:

After looking around the externals, Nicole gave a sigh. 'Shit... looks like a custom-job. Might just be the frame, though. Is it like anything you've seen before?' looking at Rodger and moving to enter.

"I agree this is a custom job ma'am however so are a majority of small ships like this so I am not suprised, few of them come out of out factories."
Roger said as he pulled something that looked pretty much like a calculator with anntennae out of one of his coat pockets and slipped his Ether googles of his hat dnw placed them over his eyes and studied the screen of his device.
"The hull seams sound though, good quality steel plates over a Primium core that indicate that the ship can fly in the deeper layers of the Ether."
He said before he moved further into the ship.

Once you enter you stand in a small cockpit and passanger erea in one, there where the controls up front set up for one or two pilots and four passanger seats in brown leather, in the back there was a door to what had to be the endine room and in the floor where hatches for cargo storage.
"We might as well start in here and then move to the engine room."
Rodger said as he made his way past the passanger chairs to get to the ship controls. Miles followed you in and looked around.
"Someone could earn a tidy profit shipping folks to and frow Horizon and other realms with this."
He commented.
"If it works that is."

Adley:

He gave him a nod as he bit another bite out of the bar. It was not going to last long at that rate.

"Would you like another bar mea filius I have another on me."
Jeffry asked and he pulled another of the musli bars out of his pocket and offered it to you.

"Fifteen years?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Fifteen years indeed. Now a days this is less rigid and a student are trained until they are reay but even so most spend longer before their Gauntlet than you mea filius. Myself I Awakened when I was five, first my mother tried to apprentice me, and she taught me for two years but I never really took to her art."
He said with a bitter sweet look in his eyes as he spoke about his mother.
"After two years she sent me to Mus for my training in the Hermetic arts then after twelve years I spent a few years with an old Flambeau to learn the secrets of my chosen House before I was allowed to attemnt my Gauntlet, I was twenty two when I was initiated and shed my apprentice name."

As Adley passed by Dr Lee and the others he gave him a nod, and another to Ty as well. He was surprised to see Freddie there, but smiled and her and Kyle when he saw them.

Richard gave you a smile but he focused on his patient. Ty and the other guards nodded to you and gave your Mentor respectful bows. Freddy seamed to see your suprise for she quickly said.
"Richard said someone should stay with Kyle until we are sure he will not have any negative reactions and he have had a bit of a shock and should not be left alone and since I can not see well enough to pogram or use a gun yet...and he went through this to help me...I said I would stay with him I hope that is ok."
She said as she gave Kyle a concerned look.

"Hello," he returned. His eyes scanned the books and then noted the IV in his foot with a small frown. He remembered what Colin had said earlier to them about what had happened at the hospital, some of what he had learned.

The books where a collection of fantasy books. Kyle smiled at you an Jeffry.
"Would you two want some cookies Mr Wainwright gave me some."
He said and he indicated the cookie jar on the table. Jeffry smiled.
"No that is ok Kyle but thank you they are to sweet for my tastes."

"I'm glad that you've returned, I was...concerned," he added. "I am glad to see you are feeling better." He reached out to adjust the blanket, but minding the IV so he would not accidentally bump it, fussing somewhat despite himself. He sighed. "We cannot stay long but I wanted you to know...I wanted to say thank you."

Kyle nodded.
"Thank you for coming by I appriciate it and I understand that you can not stay long you have to take Larson out."
He said.
"I am ok, my back hurts when I move, Dr Lee says I should stay still on my back for several hours to let it heal and I guess I will do what he says."
The boy commented he looked down at his foot.
"I will be glad to be rid of that thing though Dr Lee had to try five times to get it in and it really hurt!"
He told you and sigh, you noticed that around the bandage supporting the IV there where quite a bit of bruising and the boy's foot where rather swollen.
"I was allowed to choose myself though and could have said no so it is ok, usually when my parents take me to the hospital when I get sick from my magick I am held down I was not not held down and my hands where not touched so I am fine."
Kyle said and smiled.
"And this is something I could do to help, I can not do much else right now but I could do this."
He said. Jeffry frowned a little and sigh he patted the boy's shoulder.
"You where brave child, good, now you shoudl do what Dr Lee have told you and get some rest."
Kyle shook his head.
"I was not brave Sir I screamed and nearly started crying."
He muttered shamefully. Jeffry smiled.
"There is no shame in that child, you still did what you had decided to do to help another that is being brave, there is no shame in making a bit of sound when something hurts."

He stood back up and nodded to Freddy as well. "And I am glad to see you as well."

Freddy grinned.
"And you Adley, well see and see I hear your voice and see the foggy outline of you. I can leave though if you and Master Morgan wanted to talk with Kyle in private I am just here to keep an eye on his health and to keep him company until he feels better."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:51 am

"That is not good news. Yes I have seen some indication that something is very wrong with the Janissary I just can not fully put my finger on it."
Ulv said.
"Well I am going to assume that the guards on Horizon will not try to get Liv there under false pretenses, and that Master Boz is smart enough not to fall for it if they try."
Colin nodded, "I actually can put my finger on it... and the warning has been passed on. That's enough for now... but don't worry too much - Liv should not be caught in the fallout."

"A Nephandus with a hobby just sounds weird."
The Hagalaz complained.
"Unless it is the fucked up hobbies of my ex wife."
He frowned, "A Prelate in Chicago had recreational torture and lobotomy for a hobby... I really, really prefer the ones who prefer reading."

"No the runes are not cursed they are my working tools, but feel free to scan them before touching them if that makes you feel safer Wainwright."
The rune mage scoffed.
"And them...thank you I guess."
He muttered again it seamed like it was physically painful to say such a thing to you.
He smiled thinly, "I think I can trust you in this, under the circumstances. Of course, there's no reason to stop scanning in the middle of navigating that minefield of an apartment you have. You do solid work, I'll grant you that."

"Oh ha ha, is there a law that says that someone have to make that joke every time someone is tied up?"
Ulv grumbled.
He nodded, "Third Geneva Convention, Part 3, Section 2, Chapter 1, Article 21 - Restriction of liberty of movement."
He watched Ulv's expression for a few seconds, then chuckled, "No, that's not actually listed under the Geneva Conventions. Though if it had been, that's where it would be."

Darian gave you a nod in return and Mundi wagged his tail at you. The last place you had seen Henrietta would be the cafeteria but only Andrew was there now he was preparing a tray with a coffee mug and cups as you came in, the young Hermetic stopped what he was doing and he gave you a polite bow when you entered before he continued with the cups.
"Hello Mr Wainwright."
He said.
He nodded to Andrew, "Hello again, Mr. Callahan, would you know where Miss Day is right now? I have a message for her..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Colin nodded, "I actually can put my finger on it... and the warning has been passed on. That's enough for now... but don't worry too much - Liv should not be caught in the fallout."

"I hope you are right about that Wainwright the last thing I would want is for Liv to get herself into trouble."
Ulv muttered and he looked quite concerned.

He frowned, "A Prelate in Chicago had recreational torture and lobotomy for a hobby... I really, really prefer the ones who prefer reading."

"Well or you know stamp collection or just about anything else but hey who am I to judge I make traps as a hobby."
The Hagalaz said wryly.

He smiled thinly, "I think I can trust you in this, under the circumstances. Of course, there's no reason to stop scanning in the middle of navigating that minefield of an apartment you have. You do solid work, I'll grant you that."

"Yeah by all means scan away that do not bother me."
Ulv said and he smiled a little.
"Yeah I do but the worst traps in there is not mine they are my ex wife's magick."

He nodded, "Third Geneva Convention, Part 3, Section 2, Chapter 1, Article 21 - Restriction of liberty of movement."
He watched Ulv's expression for a few seconds, then chuckled, "No, that's not actually listed under the Geneva Conventions. Though if it had been, that's where it would be."

The rune mage gave you a rather odd look then he raised and eyebrow.
"I see is there where it would be now is there."

He nodded to Andrew, "Hello again, Mr. Callahan, would you know where Miss Day is right now? I have a message for her..."

"Yeah she is down in the basement taking care of the vampires so they will not have to be alone Mr Wainwright."
The young Hermetic said.
"I heard her mention that is where she was going a little while ago."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next