Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Nicole:

On feeling the attack from the rear, Nicole will attempt to dart forward and then swivel around, so she will be able to have enough space to take a shot at the culprit.

You turned around, out of the wall behind you there was this creature made out of a black mass, it felt wrong to look at it as if it should not be, nor was it really black, it was not like the oil slick men who looked like oil, this looked like just darkness given form, a from that was roughly humanoid, stood head and shoulder over you and with two arms that ended in long, clawed fingers. You aim and take a shot at the creature and it grunted as it advanced towards you not seaming to mind the bullets to much.

From the side room one of the Nephandi took a shot at Antonio but the bullet hit his kinetic shield and fell to the ground harmlessly, the other uninjured Nephandus had started chanting in his horrid language again and Antonio made a few quick notes in his book, scribbling the pen over the page hurriedly.

Serge:

"You should never let age act as a boundary. Or dismiss anything before you try it. But I will concede that you are in some ways right." Serge replied politely with a smile.

"Off course Sir and I have a few dolls at home that I play with now and again even if I am now thirteen, but drawing cat towns is not that fun for me anymore though I would have loved it when I was six."
Yu Die said a bit hesitantly.

"If you don't want to do something than you shouldn't have to do it. But now I'm curious. What activities do you use to gain meaning in your life? What do you do in your spare time?" Serge asked.

"Well I do not have allot of spare time between school work, learning magick and duties at the Chantry but I like music, and hanging out with friends, watching movies and I like running and taking walks in nature and such. I also like to play a computer game every now and again."
The teenager said and she smiled a little.

"Of course! Movies, tv shows, books, video games. Their probably the whole reason I awakened. JUst entire worlds and stories created in the minds of writers and brought to life in the hands animators and directors." Serge said lovingly.

"I like movies and TV shows to Sir and I like reading."
Cava said and nodded.
"What is your favorite movie Sir?"

"Well we can put those on the list. I still need to draw the spaceship. How is everything going on your end girls'?" Serge said with a laugh as he went back to his paper and continued his work and the very feline looking space exploration device.

The girls giggled and showed you drawings of a monster forest, a town, cat guards and everything else Princess Katie would need for her kingdom.
"Perhaps she should have a cat ear moon and sun on her planet."
Jane suggested and Cava nodded and giggled.
"Yeah and the planet have rings around it and the rings have cat ears and the planet is pink!"
She announced.

(OOC: That is one happy corridor. Oops sorry yes that is a typo. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Swearing under her breath, Nicole will try to keep the distance from this shitty shadow-monster; mainly in the hope that Antonio can think of something to get rid of it. If she manages to open a large enough gap between the shadow and herself, she'll then take another shot at it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:45 pm

"Well I do not have allot of spare time between school work, learning magick and duties at the Chantry but I like music, and hanging out with friends, watching movies and I like running and taking walks in nature and such. I also like to play a computer game every now and again."
The teenager said and she smiled a little.

"I know how that feels. I was learning magick while I was going to college. Not the easiest thing to do" Sereg said with a knowing laugh.

"So what kind of magick do you learn? Can you like....I dunno...light your fists on fire and start punching dudes?" Serge asked, the stereotypical magick martial arts of the Akashic Brotherhood creeping into his mind.

"I like movies and TV shows to Sir and I like reading."
Cava said and nodded.
"What is your favorite movie Sir?"

"I dunno it's hard to choose. I've felt that their's always something to enjoy in every single thing you watch or do. You should never look for the bad in something. Look for the good and what you enjoy about it." Serge said more or less dodging the question.

"But if I'd have to choose something right now. With all the talk of animals and pets I'd have to say the kung fu panda trilogy. Just the sheer amount of creativity to come up with the idea of a panda becoming a kung fu master. Not too mention how beautiful it looks and how amazing the fight scenes are. Just watching each of the animals fighting with their own unique style." Serge said perhaps too enthusiastically.

The girls giggled and showed you drawings of a monster forest, a town, cat guards and everything else Princess Katie would need for her kingdom.
"Perhaps she should have a cat ear moon and sun on her planet."
Jane suggested and Cava nodded and giggled.
"Yeah and the planet have rings around it and the rings have cat ears and the planet is pink!"
She announced.

"We can call the ring planet......Caturn!" Serge said making a portmanteau of saturn and cat.

"What kind of aliens live on this cat ear moon? Do you think they would be cat aliens. Or another animal entirely?" Serge wondered.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:54 pm

"No I did not know Sir, but yes it is probably best to know about it the Umbrood was the guardian my Mentor had protecting his apartment after all. Poor spirit...or you think spirits are afraid of death or do they go anywhere when they die?" The young mage asked sadly

He tilted his head a little. "I'm not sure," he answered thoughtfully. "As for fear, they wish to fulfill their duty. Though they do not want to perish, and some may understand better than others about danger and loss, they live in the now to fulfill what they are. In some ways I think that may mean they have less fear of for a bad future than we do, generally. But that is painting with rather a broad stroke. But we will remember them, and that is important."

"I have no problem accepting that you understand Sir after all you have had more of this shit than me. I just...all I want to do is hide under my bed you know and yet I have to help out I can not be a burden to the Chantry and while I can't do much I have to do what I can but at the same time I feel like a coward you know for I want to run and hide and not come out until it is all over."

"I think you're underestimating how crucial your help actually is; you are doing things that otherwise other people would do, or would not get done. You're not a burden, you're an asset and we can use all the help we can get right now. The fact that you want to hide doesn't make you a coward."

"Perhaps you are right Sir, but I do not feel brave, I feel scared and tired. I do not want to die, I do not want my loved ones to die and I feel like I am sort of going on autopilot, just doing what I am told will help, just going but if I ever stop for just one second I will collapse."

"It seems contradictory, but being brave isn't the same as feeling brave. A lot of the time, when you might be called brave later, you're scared, exhausted, and worried when you're doing what you have to do...all these other things you don't think of when you hear 'brave.' Training and experience helps us but it doesn't mean that it makes it all go away."

"You are right Sir, we have to keep doing what we can in order to try to make things better, perhaps there will be time to crawl under the bed and cry when we have made sure our loved ones and everyone else get a tomorrow and if things go badly I would rather die knowing I did all I could, die on my feet you know...but it is still so scary. "I guess what I can do right now is enchant bullets and then help protect the Chantry while the more powerful mages are busy with the real fight eh...at least I can do that...but it is so hard you know.""

He nodded to him. "It is still scary and it is very hard," he acknowledged with a small nod. "Maybe it would be comforting to hear that it will be alright, but if we don't do all we can, it may not be and that's what keeps us going. When I feel overwhelmed, I try to remember to keep to my tasks and path, one foot in front of the other, or at least hold my ground. Try to stay focused on that. Sometimes my avatar helps me," he added. "Hm, perhaps that's not much different than how spirits exist...in that eternal now of what they are doing. It feels forever that I have and will protect us...that I fight," he said as they walked quickly downstairs to give the maps to the dowser. "But you are still part of the real fight, we all do all that we can together - in that turn, I thank you for your help," he said with a small smile.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:00 pm

"That is good then, the girl have a good future with you as her teacher."
Dalisse said.
"Poor child she deserves a chance in life."
He nodded, "That she does... And much as Gabriel's enthusiastic attempts to teach her his hobbies were damaging, he did train her commendably as a counterspeller."

"I was more thinking that I myself are not the best at modern technology, I know they have their uses, many of them do make life better but I find it hard to keep up, changes happens so quickly."
The Handler said and sigh.
"But you are right historically women have been at the mercy of men and have had to learn to adapt, female magi tend to have been a bit more fortunate though in that regard."
He nodded, "I suppose there might also be an element of men mastering a limited range of tools with which they excel, but without any pressure to expand their range of competences, they never learn new, different tools and methods. I saw it in the Air Force, where a few of the older officers were no longer qualified to operate an aircraft because the controls were so radically more advanced than what they had last used thirty years earlier."

You got a reply back from Jeffry.
"To: Mr Wainwright
Topic: Understood
I understand Mr Wainwright. I will take my phone and ask my student to look at this letter and turn the paper clip into a map, he will understand how. Keep your wits about you the Handler might be friendly but she also are a Nephanda. The information so far have been useful though please keep me apraised. Do she know if the one who are injured are on our side or theirs?
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."

Dalisse looked at you an she took a deep breath.
"All this damage around the portal makes my ship nervous."
She announced.
He arched an eyebrow, "Do you know which side the one injured by the blast was on? And... I am sorry it unnerves the ship. I don't think we can avoid collateral damage altogether, but I do hope the warning of being careful with the surroundings sank in properly."
He reached out a hand again, "I don't know if you can pass on my sentiments, but... I'd like to apologise to the ship, let it know that I'm sorry that it will be hurt in the fight, but that I genuinely bear it no ill will."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 am

Colin:

He nodded, "That she does... And much as Gabriel's enthusiastic attempts to teach her his hobbies were damaging, he did train her commendably as a counterspeller."

"I see, well having a good counter speller on one's side can be quite useful."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He nodded, "I suppose there might also be an element of men mastering a limited range of tools with which they excel, but without any pressure to expand their range of competences, they never learn new, different tools and methods. I saw it in the Air Force, where a few of the older officers were no longer qualified to operate an aircraft because the controls were so radically more advanced than what they had last used thirty years earlier."

"I can see that one, well I have found it difficult myself to get used to new things, I still like to explore though, see new things, and I long for the endless travel of the deep."
The Handler said softly.

He arched an eyebrow, "Do you know which side the one injured by the blast was on? And... I am sorry it unnerves the ship. I don't think we can avoid collateral damage altogether, but I do hope the warning of being careful with the surroundings sank in properly."

"I...let me see what I can find out."
Dalisse said and she closed her eyes and leaned back in her chair.
"Our side, the wounded are among the Nephandi, one of the three working a ritual my ship hear her screaming."
She said then she sigh.
"I know this battle will wound my ship but once we get to the deep he will heal, they are durable creatures."
She said but she did seam concerned.

He reached out a hand again, "I don't know if you can pass on my sentiments, but... I'd like to apologise to the ship, let it know that I'm sorry that it will be hurt in the fight, but that I genuinely bear it no ill will."

"He can understand that you mean him no ill and that I can pass on, but concepts like being regretful and sorry are harder, he act and do, he remember and experience but and action is an action complicated reasons for why it is done is hard for him to understand."
Dalisse explained.

Adley:

He tilted his head a little. "I'm not sure," he answered thoughtfully. "As for fear, they wish to fulfill their duty. Though they do not want to perish, and some may understand better than others about danger and loss, they live in the now to fulfill what they are. In some ways I think that may mean they have less fear of for a bad future than we do, generally. But that is painting with rather a broad stroke. But we will remember them, and that is important."

"I think I saw him once, or felt him at least, my Mentor's guardian spirit. I was sick with my first Paradox backlash and I was so scared so my Mentor let me stay in his room, I was sleeping on the sofa but my teacher had to go out for a mission, he could not get out of it and he told the Umbrood to watch over me. I was pretty out of it at the time and I thought I saw someone standing by my side the whole time until my Mentor returned, it felt...safe to have him here."
Andrew said then he sigh.
"Yes we will remember them, I will remember this Umbrood he was not human but he was a good person you know."

"I think you're underestimating how crucial your help actually is; you are doing things that otherwise other people would do, or would not get done. You're not a burden, you're an asset and we can use all the help we can get right now. The fact that you want to hide doesn't make you a coward."

The young mage smiled a little at that and he looked down.
"Thank you Sir...that means allot."
He said then he added.
"I want to help out Sir, I want to make my Mentor proud of me even if the situation is shit right now."

"It seems contradictory, but being brave isn't the same as feeling brave. A lot of the time, when you might be called brave later, you're scared, exhausted, and worried when you're doing what you have to do...all these other things you don't think of when you hear 'brave.' Training and experience helps us but it doesn't mean that it makes it all go away."

Andrew listened to your words and he nodded.
"I think I understand Sir and I will keep that in mind, but it is not easy I just...want to curl up under my bed but there are other young magi here now for me to help though things others far worse of than me, Dion have lost so much for example I know I can't just lie down but I so want to."
He muttered then he got a determined look on his face.
"More than that though I want to kick the Nephandi's ass."

He nodded to him. "It is still scary and it is very hard," he acknowledged with a small nod. "Maybe it would be comforting to hear that it will be alright, but if we don't do all we can, it may not be and that's what keeps us going. When I feel overwhelmed, I try to remember to keep to my tasks and path, one foot in front of the other, or at least hold my ground. Try to stay focused on that.

Andrew nodded at that.
"Yes I do think that helps actually Sir, doing something to help even when what I can do is not much, but doing something, anything to make it better do make me feel better and right now what I can do is help enchant bullets, assist older Hermetics when they need it and later to help keep the Chantry safe, and I will do my part for as long as it needs doing!"
He said with new conviction.
"You know there is this kick ass lady who is a Master in my House, she knows so many languages and she also have a sword and can kick some ass. I would like to be like her some day."
He said and smiled a little.

Sometimes my avatar helps me," he added. "Hm, perhaps that's not much different than how spirits exist...in that eternal now of what they are doing. It feels forever that I have and will protect us...that I fight," he said as they walked quickly downstairs to give the maps to the dowser. "But you are still part of the real fight, we all do all that we can together - in that turn, I thank you for your help," he said with a small smile.

"My Avatar speaks to me at times in dreams, or at least I think she do and sometimes when I sit down with a pen and paper I write things I do not really understand, words that are not mine but when I get the time to think about it they make sense in a way."
He said and smiled.
"I will help with what I can. And you are very welcome Sir and thank you for the talk, it did really help."
The teenager said then he added.
"You will be a good big brother for Kyle Sir, if you will premit me saying so."
He said then he looked towards the kitchen.
"Well I guess I should get back to enchanting bullets Sir."
He commented.

You saw there where fewer magi in the cafeteria now many teams had already been sent out. Mrs Von Hess here still dowsing by a table though and you saw your Mentor on his way towards you.
"Mea filius do you have a moment?"
He older mage said his phone in his hand.

Serge:

"I know how that feels. I was learning magick while I was going to college. Not the easiest thing to do" Sereg said with a knowing laugh.

Yu Die made a knowing nod at that.
"Well it is worth it but it is allot of work Sir."
She said and smiled.

"So what kind of magick do you learn? Can you like....I dunno...light your fists on fire and start punching dudes?" Serge asked, the stereotypical magick martial arts of the Akashic Brotherhood creeping into his mind.

"Not exactly, I know some Martial Arts and one day I might use them to fight but right now I use them to develop myself, control my own mind that sort of things. Right now I am learning the small things, sensing and seeing things you know. It is not that long since I...Awakened."
She muttered and she looked down as if the memory bothered her.
"I can feel energies, and I can sense heat and wind and all sort of forces you know, that is pretty fun...I...can not get my grip on my Tradition's main Sphere though that..."
She just trailed of and sigh.
"Perhaps discussing your cat city would be better Sir."

"I dunno it's hard to choose. I've felt that their's always something to enjoy in every single thing you watch or do. You should never look for the bad in something. Look for the good and what you enjoy about it." Serge said more or less dodging the question.

Cava just nodded at that.
"Looking for good things are good Sir."
She agreed looking a bit confused.

"But if I'd have to choose something right now. With all the talk of animals and pets I'd have to say the kung fu panda trilogy. Just the sheer amount of creativity to come up with the idea of a panda becoming a kung fu master. Not too mention how beautiful it looks and how amazing the fight scenes are. Just watching each of the animals fighting with their own unique style." Serge said perhaps too enthusiastically.

"I like that one to Sir it is fun and the panda is very cute."
Cava said and she smiled happily.
"My favorite is My Little Pony: Equestria Girls it is really fun."
The little Hermetic said and Jane chimed in.
"I like the Harry Potter movies but my Mentor only let me see the first three of them."
She said and she said a few things to Liv and then added.
"Liv says her favorite movie is the Nutty Professor."
She announced and Liv smiled.

"We can call the ring planet......Caturn!" Serge said making a portmanteau of saturn and cat.

"Caturn is an awsome name Sir!"
Cava said and she clapped her hand together enthusiastically.

"What kind of aliens live on this cat ear moon? Do you think they would be cat aliens. Or another animal entirely?" Serge wondered.

"There will be cat aliens and other cute animal aliens, and wast forests with magical animals and enchanted groves and such."
Cava said and smiled.
"And it is all really pretty."

Nicole:

Swearing under her breath, Nicole will try to keep the distance from this shitty shadow-monster; mainly in the hope that Antonio can think of something to get rid of it. If she manages to open a large enough gap between the shadow and herself, she'll then take another shot at it.

Antonio made the last few notes on his spell and the chanting Nephandus cried out as he was ripped apart by wind who thore him to shreds. The second Nephandus emptied his clip into Antonio's kinetic sheld and the last bullet got through and it hit the Hermetic in the tight making the man scream though he still continued to make notes in his book.

The shadow creatures continued towards you, taking another swing at you allmost getting though Antonio's shield. You fired at it again and it grunted again but it did not stop it, at least there where one less Nephandus to worry about but that creature ket coming.

(OOC: Please forgive my late reply I where GMing for a chat game yesterday and when done I felt so tired I did not have the energy to write up a post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:24 am

"I can see that one, well I have found it difficult myself to get used to new things, I still like to explore though, see new things, and I long for the endless travel of the deep."
The Handler said softly.
Colin nodded, "One of my teachers, decades ago, told me that the day I don't see or learn anything new, I might as well put on the pine suit...

"I...let me see what I can find out."
Dalisse said and she closed her eyes and leaned back in her chair.
"Our side, the wounded are among the Nephandi, one of the three working a ritual my ship hear her screaming."
She said then she sigh.
"I know this battle will wound my ship but once we get to the deep he will heal, they are durable creatures."
She said but she did seam concerned.
He nodded, and typed back to Morgan, 'One N. wounded by explosion, further details as and when available.'

"He can understand that you mean him no ill and that I can pass on, but concepts like being regretful and sorry are harder, he act and do, he remember and experience but and action is an action complicated reasons for why it is done is hard for him to understand."
Dalisse explained.
He nodded, slowly withdrawing his hand again, "I see... His intellect is very much comparable to that of, say, a dog, then."

((OOC: Not a problem, far as I'm concerned. I was largely fatigued all day yesterday, and then the wind took my internet. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Colin nodded, "One of my teachers, decades ago, told me that the day I don't see or learn anything new, I might as well put on the pine suit...

"Your teacher where right in many ways, one of the joys in life is learning new things though I have found that doing so gets harder and harder as I grow older."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He nodded, and typed back to Morgan, 'One N. wounded by explosion, further details as and when available.'

You got a reply back that said.

Thank you, very well keep me appraised of the situation please.
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."

Dalisse looked up at you.
"Something have happened I sense death."
She muttered.

He nodded, slowly withdrawing his hand again, "I see... His intellect is very much comparable to that of, say, a dog, then."

"Not like a dog...it is hard to explain but he is not like a human either. I could let you communicate with him if you please Colin, though it might be hard to understand."
Dalisse offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Anja's Post:

'It's all going to shit.' Nicole thought, seeing the deteriorating situation. If she can target another Fallen shooting at them, she'll send a few rounds at them. If not, she'll rapid-fire at the shadow-monster. All the while attempting to evade their attacks. Antonio will clearly spot that Nicole's is attempting to pull off a "fighting withdrawal", back into the shop.

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:24 pm

"Your teacher where right in many ways, one of the joys in life is learning new things though I have found that doing so gets harder and harder as I grow older."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Colin shrugged, "I can believe that... and it is a damned shame that you've been forced to stay here where so few new things are to be found."

You got a reply back that said.

Thank you, very well keep me appraised of the situation please.
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."

Dalisse looked up at you.
"Something have happened I sense death."
She muttered.
He arched an eyebrow, "Could you tell whose?"

"Not like a dog...it is hard to explain but he is not like a human either. I could let you communicate with him if you please Colin, though it might be hard to understand."
Dalisse offered.
He hesitated, ever so briefly, then nodded, extending his hand again, palm up, "I would be interested in trying that... An alien mind, yet a kindred spirit of sorts... He might not understand apologies as such, but... I'd be willing to try, all the same."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:41 pm

"Not exactly, I know some Martial Arts and one day I might use them to fight but right now I use them to develop myself, control my own mind that sort of things. Right now I am learning the small things, sensing and seeing things you know. It is not that long since I...Awakened."
She muttered and she looked down as if the memory bothered her.
"I can feel energies, and I can sense heat and wind and all sort of forces you know, that is pretty fun...I...can not get my grip on my Tradition's main Sphere though that..."
She just trailed of and sigh.
"Perhaps discussing your cat city would be better Sir."

Serge listened politely to Yu Die and smiled.

"If that's what you want than all right. But don't be too bummed out about struggling with your Tradition's main sphere. I have a similar problem myself." Serge said with a sympathetic tone, remembering Ryan's glare during his interrogation.

"I'm sure you'll get it in time." Serge said encouragingly.

"I like that one to Sir it is fun and the panda is very cute."
Cava said and she smiled happily.
"My favorite is My Little Pony: Equestria Girls it is really fun."
The little Hermetic said and Jane chimed in.
"I like the Harry Potter movies but my Mentor only let me see the first three of them."
She said and she said a few things to Liv and then added.
"Liv says her favorite movie is the Nutty Professor."
She announced and Liv smiled.

"Ahh some excellent choices." Serge said with an encouraging smile.

Not wanting her to be left out, he then turned to Yu Die and said, "And how about you? Any movies you can claim to be your favorite?"

"There will be cat aliens and other cute animal aliens, and wast forests with magical animals and enchanted groves and such."
Cava said and smiled.
"And it is all really pretty."

"I bet it is. Do you think their would be any dogs or wolves in those forest? And if their are, do the dogs and cats get along." Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Serge:

Serge listened politely to Yu Die and smiled.

"If that's what you want than all right. But don't be too bummed out about struggling with your Tradition's main sphere. I have a similar problem myself." Serge said with a sympathetic tone, remembering Ryan's glare during his interrogation.

"I'm sure you'll get it in time." Serge said encouragingly.

"I do love studying what is called Forces and Prime. I do not see it quite as that, as two neat categories you know but that is what the Traditions call it, I really enjoy learning about that and magick really is fun...that is how my Mentor..."
She hesitated then she sigh and continued.
"Got me to start eating again, every time I ate he would show me something teach me some trick or let me read some pages in a book, it got me out of my shell you know. As for Mind....I am not sure I want to learn that."
Yu Die said and sigh.

"Ahh some excellent choices." Serge said with an encouraging smile.

Not wanting her to be left out, he then turned to Yu Die and said, "And how about you? Any movies you can claim to be your favorite?"

The young girls giggled. Yu Die thought for a moment then she said.
"My favorite is Gone with the Wind I think, I really like old black and white movies there is something old timy and magical about them and the women are so glamorous."
The young girl said and smiled.

"I bet it is. Do you think their would be any dogs or wolves in those forest? And if their are, do the dogs and cats get along." Serge asked.

"Yeah there can be dogs and wolves in the forest, dogs and cats can go together just fine."
Cava said and nodded then she sigh.
"Wolves would probably eat both dogs and cats though."
Yu Die grinned a little at the young Hermetic's comment.
"Yeah probably."

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "I can believe that... and it is a damned shame that you've been forced to stay here where so few new things are to be found."

Dalisse looked sad for a moment and she nodded at that.
"Yes...yes it is."
She agreed.

He arched an eyebrow, "Could you tell whose?"

"I can try...but everything is so close together now it is hard to tell for sure...I felt Qlipothic forces being raised though and then they where suddenly cut of so it could have been one of ours."
The Handler said and frowned.

He hesitated, ever so briefly, then nodded, extending his hand again, palm up, "I would be interested in trying that... An alien mind, yet a kindred spirit of sorts... He might not understand apologies as such, but... I'd be willing to try, all the same."

Dalisse gently touched your hand and then you felt something there, something wast and alien, you felt the ship's unease and his great despair, all he wanted was to go back to the Deep Umbra where he belonged, he was neither angry nor hateful but he longed and now with the fighting going on this close he was scared, and then he was aware you you sensing him and his mind turned towards you in a curious manner as he looked at you through Dalisse's eyes.

Nicole:

'It's all going to shit.' Nicole thought, seeing the deteriorating situation. If she can target another Fallen shooting at them, she'll send a few rounds at them. If not, she'll rapid-fire at the shadow-monster. All the while attempting to evade their attacks. Antonio will clearly spot that Nicole's is attempting to pull off a "fighting withdrawal", back into the shop.

You spotted the last remaining unharmed Nephandus, he was a tall man with graying hair, just a bit of plumpness and sharp, brown eyes, you fired of a few rounds at him and you hit a shield similar to the one that Antonio used to protect you and the Nephandus gave you an ugly grin as the bullets fell to the floor harmlessly.
"What the fuck!"
You hear Ty's voice, he and Fran had made their way through the main building and had gotten to the corridor, the shadow thing got distracted for a moment by these new enemies which gave you a chance to fall back, Antonio backing of as well.

From inside your mind, perhaps a bit of insanity at the situation or perhaps it was like the Union men said that there was a Genius there, a bit of gray matter that let you have the brilliance to create what sleepers could not but which came which the price of schizophrenic tendencies, there was a voice.
"Would this spirit fight if it had no masters, or no symbols or rituals to bind it."
Where the simple message, it could be just your imagination to though, who knows but it did make sense after all mystics had a peculiar way of working and if this cryptid was called, something held it here and it probably would not give two fucks about you or your allies or this whole fight unless compelled to do so in some way.

(OOC: One success on the Avatar roll, he decided to give some running commentary. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:46 pm

"I do love studying what is called Forces and Prime. I do not see it quite as that, as two neat categories you know but that is what the Traditions call it, I really enjoy learning about that and magick really is fun...that is how my Mentor..."
She hesitated then she sigh and continued.
"Got me to start eating again, every time I ate he would show me something teach me some trick or let me read some pages in a book, it got me out of my shell you know. As for Mind....I am not sure I want to learn that."
Yu Die said and sigh.

"Mind Magick huh. What do you know that's my specialty. I can agree that it might not be for everyone though." Serge said with a confidant smile.

He noticed her hesitation as well as the peculiar thing she had said. That magick was what got her to start eating again. Serge kept his thoughts hidden underneath his positive demeanor but he knew about the troubles many young people faced and could even sympathize with her a little. After all, magick had helped him to break out of his own shell and start to talk to people.

"I know exactly how you feel. Magick helped me break out of my shell as well. I was always a shy scared little kid and my mind was where I would go to retreat from reality. I would always have these delusions that everyone hated me and that they thought I was weird. My mentor helped me to improve on some of those problems and learning mind magick helped clear my mind of those delusion and understand other people better." he informed the Akashic girl.

"It also allowed me to show other's what was going on in my head. To show them the vast worlds I created right up here. That is probably my favorite part." Serge said with a smile tapping the side of his head.

"I've already shown the girls how I view the stuffed animals. As real life characters moving and talking and asking for more tea." Serge said with a sly smile.

The young girls giggled. Yu Die thought for a moment then she said.
"My favorite is Gone with the Wind I think, I really like old black and white movies there is something old timy and magical about them and the women are so glamorous."
The young girl said and smiled.

"I can understand that. The mystifying nature of older movies. Their's something mystical about the past in general." Serge agreed, glad that Yu Die was at the very least smiling.

"Yeah there can be dogs and wolves in the forest, dogs and cats can go together just fine."
Cava said and nodded then she sigh.
"Wolves would probably eat both dogs and cats though."
Yu Die grinned a little at the young Hermetic's comment.
"Yeah probably."

"No worries. That's what the royal cat knights are for! To protect the fine citizens and animals of Princess Katie's empire!" Serge said with a grin.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:18 pm

"I can try...but everything is so close together now it is hard to tell for sure...I felt Qlipothic forces being raised though and then they where suddenly cut of so it could have been one of ours."
The Handler said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Qlippothic, then odds are it was one of Larson's..."

Dalisse gently touched your hand and then you felt something there, something wast and alien, you felt the ship's unease and his great despair, all he wanted was to go back to the Deep Umbra where he belonged, he was neither angry nor hateful but he longed and now with the fighting going on this close he was scared, and then he was aware you you sensing him and his mind turned towards you in a curious manner as he looked at you through Dalisse's eyes.
He closed his eyes and tried to send a sense of calm and patience to the immensely larger mind - a memory of idly scratching himself as he prepared to board a helicopter and go through the preflight checklist, the slight discomfort of the sunlight's glare, and a few stinging insects near the edge of the airfield...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:21 pm

"I think I saw him once, or felt him at least, my Mentor's guardian spirit. I was sick with my first Paradox backlash and I was so scared so my Mentor let me stay in his room, I was sleeping on the sofa but my teacher had to go out for a mission, he could not get out of it and he told the Umbrood to watch over me. I was pretty out of it at the time and I thought I saw someone standing by my side the whole time until my Mentor returned, it felt...safe to have him here." Andrew said then he sigh. "Yes we will remember them, I will remember this Umbrood he was not human but he was a good person you know."

He nodded at that.

"Thank you Sir...that means allot." He said then he added. "I want to help out Sir, I want to make my Mentor proud of me even if the situation is shit right now."

"You are doing a fine job of it."

"I think I understand Sir and I will keep that in mind, but it is not easy I just...want to curl up under my bed but there are other young magi here now for me to help though things others far worse of than me, Dion have lost so much for example I know I can't just lie down but I so want to." He muttered then he got a determined look on his face. "More than that though I want to kick the Nephandi's ass."

He gave a slight grin. "That's the spirit."

"Yes I do think that helps actually Sir, doing something to help even when what I can do is not much, but doing something, anything to make it better do make me feel better and right now what I can do is help enchant bullets, assist older Hermetics when they need it and later to help keep the Chantry safe, and I will do my part for as long as it needs doing!" He said with new conviction. "You know there is this kick ass lady who is a Master in my House, she knows so many languages and she also have a sword and can kick some ass. I would like to be like her some day."

"Perhaps when I do sword training you can join me if your mentor allows. Knives are easier to carry, but there's no sharper sword than ."

"I will help with what I can. And you are very welcome Sir and thank you for the talk, it did really help." The teenager said then he added. "You will be a good big brother for Kyle Sir, if you will premit me saying so."

"I hope so," he said with a smile.

Mrs Von Hess here still dowsing by a table though and you saw your Mentor on his way towards you. "Mea filius do you have a moment?" He older mage said his phone in his hand.

"Yes, sir?" he asked, holding up the maps so he knew he had them as he was walking to Von Hess's table to deposit them - unless it looked like he wanted to talk to him in private.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Adley:

"You are doing a fine job of it."

Andrew beamed for a moment.
"Thank you Sir."

He gave a slight grin. "That's the spirit."

The young Scribe gave a determined smile, he was going to try to do his part no matter how scared the situation made him.

"Perhaps when I do sword training you can join me if your mentor allows. Knives are easier to carry, but there's no sharper sword than ."

"Than you Sir I would like that, I will ask my Mentor if I am do so, if you are sure it is ok with you that is."
The teenager said eagerly the prospect of learning to use a sword clearly making him forget his fear, if only for a moment.

"I hope so," he said with a smile.

"I am sure you will be Sir and Kyle said he was happy to have a brother as he had wanted siblings all his life."
Andrew said then he said.
"By your leave then I will go back to the kitchen and enchant more bullets, I do not think I have ever cast this many spells in one day before, it sort of makes me wonder if Avatars can get tired you know or if it just happily working away up there churning out Quintessence like a spiritual hamster in a generator wheel."
The kid said and scratched his head.

"Yes, sir?" he asked, holding up the maps so he knew he had them as he was walking to Von Hess's table to deposit them - unless it looked like he wanted to talk to him in private.

Jeffry walked with you and he held out his phone to you with a somewhat helpless look as he glanced at it.
"Mr Wainwright have sent me a picture of a paper clip that he says will turn into a map the Handler of the Battle Cruiser have drawn of the auto shop entrance to the Labyrinth and what is currently going on there. Would you kindly make it turn into such a map and if possible sent it to ether Mr Riez, Miss Bouchard, Miss Mundis or Mr Smithson?"
The old Hermetic requested he clearly did not understand how a file sent over a text message worked, it was not Greek to him for Greek he could have read.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Qlippothic, then odds are it was one of Larson's..."

"That would be my guess yes."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He closed his eyes and tried to send a sense of calm and patience to the immensely larger mind - a memory of idly scratching himself as he prepared to board a helicopter and go through the preflight checklist, the slight discomfort of the sunlight's glare, and a few stinging insects near the edge of the airfield...

You got an image in your mind of a realm seen from the outside, a realm with massive mountains and wast, lush plains that met a wild, almost green ocean with equally green skies overhead and small, red clouds dotting the horizon. The massive mind seamed amused at the images you sent him though as he responded with images of his own.

Serge:

"Mind Magick huh. What do you know that's my specialty. I can agree that it might not be for everyone though." Serge said with a confidant smile.

He noticed her hesitation as well as the peculiar thing she had said. That magick was what got her to start eating again. Serge kept his thoughts hidden underneath his positive demeanor but he knew about the troubles many young people faced and could even sympathize with her a little. After all, magick had helped him to break out of his own shell and start to talk to people.

"It is powerful, the magick of the Mind but...it terrify me."
Yu Die said and she sounded quite uneasy.

"I know exactly how you feel. Magick helped me break out of my shell as well. I was always a shy scared little kid and my mind was where I would go to retreat from reality. I would always have these delusions that everyone hated me and that they thought I was weird. My mentor helped me to improve on some of those problems and learning mind magick helped clear my mind of those delusion and understand other people better." he informed the Akashic girl.

"I am glad it helped you Sir and you know even if you are weird, not that I am saying that you are, there are nothing wrong with that. I would rather be weird that just one more face in the crowd you know."
The young Akashic said.
"But yeah my Mentor have...helped me as well. I like him, he is a good person, and I think he really do care about me you know..."
She said and she smiled a little.

"It also allowed me to show other's what was going on in my head. To show them the vast worlds I created right up here. That is probably my favorite part." Serge said with a smile tapping the side of his head.

"I've already shown the girls how I view the stuffed animals. As real life characters moving and talking and asking for more tea." Serge said with a sly smile.

"That sounds like a good thing to do with Mind magick Sir but not everything done to affect the minds of others are...good."
The young Akashic said darkly and she looked out into nothing for a while and nervously scratched at her arms.
"Ehm...yeah...we where discussing movies where we not?"
She asked to try to change the topic away from one that clearly made her feel uneasy.

"I can understand that. The mystifying nature of older movies. Their's something mystical about the past in general." Serge agreed, glad that Yu Die was at the very least smiling.

"Yeah...I mean I know the past was not really like that I have read history books there where more illness and everything was harder but still there is something beautiful and romantic about the ideal of the past that makes it feel larger than life you know and more glamorous then our own plain world you know."
Yu Die said and she smiled a little again.

"No worries. That's what the royal cat knights are for! To protect the fine citizens and animals of Princess Katie's empire!" Serge said with a grin.

Cava nodded again.
"Yeah that is what the royal cat knights are for. And the animals are citizens they should get to vote as well don't you think Sir?"
She asked happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 pm

You got an image in your mind of a realm seen from the outside, a realm with massive mountains and wast, lush plains that met a wild, almost green ocean with equally green skies overhead and small, red clouds dotting the horizon. The massive mind seamed amused at the images you sent him though as he responded with images of his own.
Colin grinned and conjured up a memory of performing various aerobatics over the years - soaring and tumbling gracefully through the air, almost as playful as a dolphin in the water.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:06 pm

The strange, massive mind followed your memories, joining in on the maneuvers sliding around joyfully, you got a feeling it reminded him of being free and moving through the unformed plains of the Deep Umbra with others massive beings of his kind and you could feel the floor ever so slightly tremble as the polyp shifted in his captivity, eager to be free and just fly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 pm

"It is powerful, the magick of the Mind but...it terrify me."
Yu Die said and she sounded quite uneasy.
"That sounds like a good thing to do with Mind magick Sir but not everything done to affect the minds of others are...good."
The young Akashic said darkly and she looked out into nothing for a while and nervously scratched at her arms.
"Ehm...yeah...we where discussing movies where we not?"
She asked to try to change the topic away from one that clearly made her feel uneasy.

"That we were." Serge said following Yu Die's lead and changing the subject quickly, noticing the subject of mind magick was incredibly troubling for the young women and not wanting to stress her out unnecessarily.

"Yeah...I mean I know the past was not really like that I have read history books there where more illness and everything was harder but still there is something beautiful and romantic about the ideal of the past that makes it feel larger than life you know and more glamorous then our own plain world you know."
Yu Die said and she smiled a little again.

"Yup. I always thought our current reality was so boring. No dragons, no chimeras, and nothing creative. Just same old thing everyday....at least before I awakened." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I liked learning about history because of all of the amazing things you hear from the past. The idea of adventure, the tales of wars and war heroes, and the millions of inventions that kept revolutionizing the world. You get to see how everything sort of...came to be and all of the events that led us here. How famous people quite literally changed and shaped the world into their own image. It's like watching the worlds highlight reel." Serge said with a smile.

"Like you said a lot of those tales are probably glamorized or exaggerated though. I'm sure if you looked at the reality of it, it's not as interesting. Though I've never been a person who was too concerned with the reality of things."

Cava nodded again.
"Yeah that is what the royal cat knights are for. And the animals are citizens they should get to vote as well don't you think Sir?"
She asked happily.

"Of course they can get a vote in. It's probably hard to vote with their paws though." Serge joked as he continued to draw the spaceship, outfitting it with a pair of cat claw rocket thrusters.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:54 am

"Than you Sir I would like that, I will ask my Mentor if I am do so, if you are sure it is ok with you that is." The teenager said eagerly

"My brother will likely have to learn some basics also," he said. "Time permitting, of course." Who knew how busy they would all be, but if he was helping with training, then may work out with more than one student at a similar level.

"I am sure you will be Sir and Kyle said he was happy to have a brother as he had wanted siblings all his life." Andrew said then he said. "By your leave then I will go back to the kitchen and enchant more bullets, I do not think I have ever cast this many spells in one day before, it sort of makes me wonder if Avatars can get tired you know or if it just happily working away up there churning out Quintessence like a spiritual hamster in a generator wheel."

"Of course," he said with a nod to him, as he realised that the kid wanted a proper dismissal. Then as he talked about casting so much magick he tilted his head. "I think we tend to get tired before our avatars get a chance."

Jeffry walked with you and he held out his phone to you with a somewhat helpless look as he glanced at it. "Mr Wainwright have sent me a picture of a paper clip that he says will turn into a map the Handler of the Battle Cruiser have drawn of the auto shop entrance to the Labyrinth and what is currently going on there. Would you kindly make it turn into such a map and if possible sent it to ether Mr Riez, Miss Bouchard, Miss Mundis or Mr Smithson?"

Adley's face crumpled in confusion a moment until he realised what the problem was with the 'paper clip.' "Got it," he said with a nod of understanding as it clicked. Attachments. "If you can give these physical maps to the dowser then?" he said, ready to trade him for his phone and get the information opened and to the right people.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:03 am

Adley:

"My brother will likely have to learn some basics also," he said. "Time permitting, of course." Who knew how busy they would all be, but if he was helping with training, then may work out with more than one student at a similar level.

"It would be fun to train swords with Kyle, he is a few years younger than me, but he is nice you know, I think he and I could become good friends."
Andrew said and he smiled happily.

"Of course," he said with a nod to him, as he realised that the kid wanted a proper dismissal. Then as he talked about casting so much magick he tilted his head. "I think we tend to get tired before our avatars get a chance."

"Thank you Sir...and good luck today."
Andrew said then he nodded.
"You are probably right Sir, they are pretty durable critters I think and that is good."
He commented before he gave a respectful bow and headed for the kitchen to continue his work there.

Adley's face crumpled in confusion a moment until he realised what the problem was with the 'paper clip.' "Got it," he said with a nod of understanding as it clicked. Attachments. "If you can give these physical maps to the dowser then?" he said, ready to trade him for his phone and get the information opened and to the right people.

"Off course and thank you mea filius I will never understand the infernal things."
Your Mentor said as he handed you his phone and took the papers, giving the phone a hateful glare before he took the maps over to Mrs Von Hess.

Serge:

"That we were." Serge said following Yu Die's lead and changing the subject quickly, noticing the subject of mind magick was incredibly troubling for the young women and not wanting to stress her out unnecessarily.

"So ehm...do you like James Bond movies Sir? I like James Bond movies but I like the old ones best, the ones who did not take itself to seriously and was just meant to be a fun spy romp and not some sort of action drama."
Yu Die said clearly very happy to change the subject.

"Yup. I always thought our current reality was so boring. No dragons, no chimeras, and nothing creative. Just same old thing everyday....at least before I awakened." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Well with Awakening comes interesting thing, did you know that one of my friends at Riverside, the Chantry I live at says that her Mentor knows werewolves?"
The young Akashic said finally warming up a little but still being somewhat reserved.

"I liked learning about history because of all of the amazing things you hear from the past. The idea of adventure, the tales of wars and war heroes, and the millions of inventions that kept revolutionizing the world. You get to see how everything sort of...came to be and all of the events that led us here. How famous people quite literally changed and shaped the world into their own image. It's like watching the worlds highlight reel." Serge said with a smile.

"Yeah I have it the same way I always would dream myself away in history, though it s a bit annoying that just about any history book in school might have a few pages to other cultures but otherwise it is just European history or Europeans meeting other cultures, while things have been happening other places as well you know."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"I think I would like to cosplay you know, learn to make historical dresses and such to prance around in and pretend I live in a different time, or a different world."

"Like you said a lot of those tales are probably glamorized or exaggerated though. I'm sure if you looked at the reality of it, it's not as interesting. Though I've never been a person who was too concerned with the reality of things."

"It was as interesting I think Sir but harder, it is like the Victorians had arsenic in their wallpapers because they did not know better, and in the middle ages there was so much disease and unless you where rich not light in the evening that sort of thing, and no computers and internet and central heating."
Yu Die said and sigh.

"Of course they can get a vote in. It's probably hard to vote with their paws though." Serge joked as he continued to draw the spaceship, outfitting it with a pair of cat claw rocket thrusters.

"That is not a problem Princess Katie have animal telepaths who know what the animals think and that way they can communicate, an machines that you and run over where a dog have peed and such and you will know what the markings mean."
Cava said as if it where the most obvious thing in the world, after all off course there would be animal telepaths.
"By the way can my other paper dolls live in Princess Katie's castle as well Sir?"
The young Hermetic asked happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:06 am

"Off course and thank you mea filius I will never understand the infernal things." Your Mentor said as he handed you his phone and took the papers, giving the phone a hateful glare before he took the maps over to Mrs Von Hess.

He nodded and took the phone from him. Then he got to work looking for the attachment on the message so he could send it to the people mentioned.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 am

You saw the conversations back and forth with Colin and the attachment. You also found the four people mentioned on the contacts lists of the old phone, it would have a problem opening the attachment, it was to old, but the four magi mentioned should have a bit newer models.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 am

The strange, massive mind followed your memories, joining in on the maneuvers sliding around joyfully, you got a feeling it reminded him of being free and moving through the unformed plains of the Deep Umbra with others massive beings of his kind and you could feel the floor ever so slightly tremble as the polyp shifted in his captivity, eager to be free and just fly.
Colin grinned, then mentally settled down on solid ground again, and giving the ship the equivalent of a pat on the side, trying to show it to sit down and be patient, just a little longer...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:56 am

The great polyp settled down and the slight tremors subsided, though from what you felt it did not understand what a little while longer or patience was, it just wanted to go to the deep but without Dalisse's direction it would not tear it's moorings and flee, the ship felt sad and impatient.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next