Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 30 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Tane Karyak Sun May 06, 2018 2:09 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

"Hopefully your friends will get out of this one safely regardless eh."

Fera seldom die of old age. A fact...

"Someone is coming, a group but they look more like fleeing non combatants than anyone out to get us but even so we shoudl stay alert."
Ok, but Nephandi are manipulative, they could be carrying something like a trap spell, or maybe are nephandi disguised. I would be really surprised if they were hostages that could free themselves. This woman was a trap master, after all.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 30 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Adley Sun May 06, 2018 8:14 am

The Avatar looked at you for a moment then she just stood there by the side of her host, clearly she was not able to return just yet, probably some time had to pass for the damage done to heal properly.

"Hrm...she is not yet returning to him, it might take some while," he said to the other mages after Glada had done her work. "I'll try to keep an eye out."

"Understood...I would prefer to live...if it is true that my brain will heal and my Genious return as the woman that just brought me out of the lab said...but I am grateful for getting out of here...in either case." The Technocrat said sadly and he sort of curled up a little and his terrified eyes glanced at the wall intently.

He remembered that Technocrats seemed to think avatars...genius? was tied to their brain, the pineal gland or something, if he was remembering right. "I think that is the way that you would see it."

The hedge wizard accepted the rope and the tape careful not to touch you then she walked over to the Technocrat. "I am going to secure your hands Sir please don't resist, I am not going to hurt you, if anything gets to uncomfortable let me know and I will adjust it." She said as she gently led the man's arms behind his back and set to the task at hand. Tom did not reist he just looked at the wall his eyes full of shock and pain. "We need to get them some clothes, cover them up in some way." Theodora said. "I will take care of that Miss." Darrian said. "For now we need to make sure they survive first."

While she was dealing with Tom, he kept watch on how things were going in case someone decided now was a good time for an ambush or to pull a fast one. That, and if he needed to jump in to help.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 9:52 am

[Colin] (Speaking with Dalisse at the Labyrinth 3 in the afternoon.)

Colin shook his head, "Modern machines may make things a lot easier in many ways, but to an extent, they need to be programmed - given instructions, as it were. Those instructions are found in a simple manual that comes with the devices - and yet the vast majority of such devices are left blinking on their default settings, without even the clock set and ticking... Whether that comes from incompetence or laziness remains disputed."

"I see, well that sounds quite impractical."
Dalisse seamed to still be somewhat confused still.
"Perhaps the instructions for the machines should be written better."

He shook his head, "No, I suspect that would probably be negligible as such - but it does affect the spell. Suffice to say, a prime bolt made with Qlippothic Quintessence will be very, very dirty, and you most certainly would not want to use highly Entropic Tass to power healing spells, or highly Static Tass to power a fireball, for example..."

"But how do you aboid the Resonance from the Tass Sir?"
Heather asked then she smiled a little.
"Ah forgive me Sir I should not ask to much before you have gotten the rote registered, I will keep my curiosity in check."

(OOC: Goat stampede! )

[Serge] (In the make shift infirmary at 3 in the afternoon.)

"We are....special." Serge said being very careful with his words. He glanced every once in a while at Dr. Lee and Allison to make sure he wasn't going over the line. "The exact details are a bit too much to go into right now. But just think of us like the police. Jace was doing something against the law and we stopped him."

This only seamed to make the woman be more scared to be told there where a secret police of special pepole who did not even want to tell her what is going on.
"Let me go...I want to go home, go to a regular hospital...let me go!"
She screamed and started trying to get up again, clearly not accepting your deflection not even a little bit.

"Right now Jace is unconcious, bound, and his strange powers are gone. Without those powers he doesn't stand a chance of getting out. If by some miracle he managed to escape that then we'll protect you." Serge said indulging in the women's hypotheical question, assuring her that she was safe as long as she was with them. "We will make sure that he never harms you or anyone else. But like I said before the chance of him escaping is next to impossible."

"Why should I trust anything you say when I am treated like a child and told to not bother my little head with it!"
The woman hissed as she fought to try to get up. Richard sigh.
"Please Ma'am you are going to hurt yourself."
He said but the woman where not setteling down.
"Tell me what is going on, what the fuck are you guys?"

"Hi Jen!" Serge said in a cheery voice. "You've been through a lot. Let's try and focus on something else. You said your brother was on artist right? Remember how I mentioned that I was an artist as well. Well here are some of the pictures I created."

Serge flipped through his sketchbook and showed the women several of the drawings he had made today. Including the dragon, the Steelhaven castle, flowers, as well as the random assortment of doodles he had made in his spare time.

"How do they look? Are they as good as your brothers?" Serge asked curiously.

"Mr Yager...I do not want to talk about something else...I want to know what is going on, and I want to know what you all are, why on earth should I accept your claim I am safe when you do not tell me the truth."
The woman said she glanced at your drawings for a moment but did not stop her struggle.
"They are quite good, but I will not be managed, tell me the truth or let me go please that man might come back and who knows what you bastards might do to me!"
She screamed.

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 3)

A small wry smile at Fran's comment. 'Think I would have shot you on principle if you'd trotted out the "but you must forgive!" line.' body language making it clear the larger woman was joking.

"Well it is a good thing I did not say that then for I have allready been shot twice this week I do not feel like repeating the experience, being shot fucking hurts!"
Fran said and grinned.

On hearing her tale, Nicole was silent for a long moment, seemingly focused on getting a sheet and doing a repeat move to make a makeshift stretcher. 'Yeah... that's rather hardcore. But... they weren't really keeping him alive... just stopping death, weren't they? From the sounds of it, all you did was... shuffle the date a bit. Suspect he was the only one thinking straight about it too.'

The young Euthanathos looked down and nodded.
"When I...helped him, my brother could no longer eat, he had to be fed through a tube, he could bearly talk, and that to would soon be gone, if I had not done what I did he would have been kept alive for some time by machines a captive in his own bodies and then he would have horrible death slowly suffocating, I do not regret what I did, I wish I would not have had to, I wish my brother would have been healthy and that he had gotten to live a long and happy life but he wanted to die with dignity and I gave him that it was the only thing I could do for him."
She said softly.
"But yeah granting the good death to a sibling makes family get togethers...akward."
She said with a wry smile but there where not really any humor in it.

"Hrm...she is not yet returning to him, it might take some while," he said to the other mages after Glada had done her work. "I'll try to keep an eye out."

"That is troublesome, but I have heard that with a Lesser Gilgul the soul return to the host in one week so it might be it takes that long."
Darrian said and frowned.
"Yes please do."

He remembered that Technocrats seemed to think avatars...genius? was tied to their brain, the pineal gland or something, if he was remembering right. "I think that is the way that you would see it."

The technocrat looked up at you for a moment and nodded he did not talk but your words seamed to reassure him.
"If his Paradigm says his Avatar is in his brain then perhaps some regular painkiller can help him. The Virtual Adept in my Cabal takes headache pills when he gets Paradox and it helps."
Theodora said as she looked at the wounded technocrat.

While she was dealing with Tom, he kept watch on how things were going in case someone decided now was a good time for an ambush or to pull a fast one. That, and if he needed to jump in to help.

Everything seamed to be rather calm. You heard Theodora say to Darrian.
"Master H, I do not think we need to use magick to get something to cover the private bits of those we are rescuing I can ask the other team to bring some blankets."
She said and Darrian looked confused for a moment his first thought had been to use magick to fix the problem then he nodded and Theodora pulled her phone out and asked.
"Do anyone have the number of anyone on that team."
Darrian nodded he pulled out his phone and showed several numbers to the Tytalus who then called Nicole since she was the one she had spoken with the most.

Nicole as you are making a stretcher your phone rings.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 10:00 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

Fera seldom die of old age. A fact...

"That may be so Mr Karyak but that do not mean some effort should not be made to make sure your frinds live as long as possible."
Amadeus said and raised an eyebrow.

Ok, but Nephandi are manipulative, they could be carrying something like a trap spell, or maybe are nephandi disguised. I would be really surprised if they were hostages that could free themselves. This woman was a trap master, after all.

"Hostages very unlikely but they could be pawns, the Nephandi's servants who flee like rats fleeing a burning building."
Alphonse said and frowned.
"However yes stay on your toes and do not let your guard down."

Soon you heard the footsteps and then you saw a group of around 11 men and women round a corner, they stopped when they saw your group and a man of middle years stepped forward, he held his hands out to the side indicating non agression.
"Please let us pass we mean you no ill will, we are servants of the Labyrinth, pawns and hedge wizards, we just want to survive, please."
The man said, his eyes where big and full of fear and his group looked scared and tired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 06, 2018 10:44 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 3PM]
"I see, well that sounds quite impractical."
Dalisse seamed to still be somewhat confused still.
"Perhaps the instructions for the machines should be written better."
Colin shrugged, "That's hard to say... I almost always found the instructions quite straightforward and easy to understand, but it does seem as though people have an odd disinclination towards reading the manual."

"But how do you aboid the Resonance from the Tass Sir?"
Heather asked then she smiled a little.
"Ah forgive me Sir I should not ask to much before you have gotten the rote registered, I will keep my curiosity in check."
He smiled slyly, "The spell bypasses the Avatar - the raw Quintessence is fueled unfiltered into the spell."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 11:29 am

[Colin] (Speaking with Dalisse at the Labyrinth 3 in the afternoon.)

Colin shrugged, "That's hard to say... I almost always found the instructions quite straightforward and easy to understand, but it does seem as though people have an odd disinclination towards reading the manual."

"That do not seam to be very wise, if there are instructions available then familiarizing oneself with them seam to be a good idea."
Dalisse said.
"It seams the world have developed a few odd customs since I left it."

He smiled slyly, "The spell bypasses the Avatar - the raw Quintessence is fueled unfiltered into the spell."

"Oh my that is very clevar Sir, please allow me to say that I am most impressed that would be insanely useful."
Heather said and she did indeed sound impressed.
"Now I look even more forward to learning about this rote Sir."
She said sounding exited.
"You must be a genious with magick Sir."
She added then she said proudly.
"My Mistress have created two rotes as well and gotten them registered to her name."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 3:37 pm

(OOC: Well then we are at 30 pages again and it is time for a bit of a recap and a new IC thread.

Tane's group managed to defeant the Hagalaz rune master, and Tane took her hand to eat for the mana which caused some protests, his group have continued further into the Labyrinth where they have encountered a group of fleeing pawns who begs safe passage out of the Labyrinth.

Serge recovered from his Seeking and tried out his new control over his magick making illusions to amuse the mage girls. Later they sat down to make beaded bracelets. The result of his Mentor's MRI was in revealing that she had six broken ribs and several other injuries but she would be ok as there where no lasting brain damage. Later Serge was asked to help out in the makeshift infirmary in the attic and he did so helping out Able a Dreamspeaker with a wounded leg, getting Arn to calm down and now he is dealing with a sleeper girl, one of Jace's victims.

Nicole and Adley made their way further into the Labyrinth taking down more and more of the Nephandi, eventually Dalisse could confirm tat only a few where left but these where holed up in the armory. Dalisse teleports some of Jace's gas from the lab to the armory and this takes down Larson, the great Nephanda being brought low by her egg allergy preventing her from getting vaccinated against the effects of the gas. Colin talks the remaining three Nephandi into surrendering, and they do so after they are promised a chance to survive, a horrible chance where their hands where broken a deed Adley are forced to performed.

This leaves the situation with the ward on the Caul chamber and how to get inside, after a while it is discovered that the blood of a Fallen mage is needed, and Colin by accident teleports the vials of blood taken from Kyle earlier in the day into his hands, this he sends to Master Morgan's group who arrive at the Caul chamber doors. Jeffry stays behind to help the rest of the strike teams who have congregated there to get through thr wards while two teams are sent out to help the various captives escape. Nicole and Adley are sent to Jace's lab to try to rescue his reserch subjects. The gad had been neutrlized by Dalisse however it now lay over everything as the liquid. Adley had made friends with the captive Umbrood held in the Labyrinth, an ari elemental and got her to help the group get the liquid off while Ann-Marie a Hermetic Hedge Wizard went to collect the captives.

Nivole and several others are sent to search the Nephandi living quarters for anything that can be made into stretchers while Ann-Marie bring the horribly abused test subjects of of the lab. One of them where Awakened by force and Adley have a talk with his young Avatar when he seees her standing eside her wounded host.

Colin talks with Dalisse and Brandon before harmony calls to say that her wife had been kidnapped. With the aid of Dalisse Clin manage to rescue Heather and bring her to safety in the Handler's quarters. He learns however that in saving Anna from spendng months on the serum chances are another will take her place as time correct itself and there is a good chance that this someone else is Cecilia.

So we have a bit of an anticlimatic end for Larson unless she manage to escape but as she have been teleported to Steelhaven that do not seam likely, great Nephanda brought low by allergy to eggs. Great gaming everyone. 2 exps for everyone.

Here are the link to the next IC thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t156-a-return-to-the-deep-loose-ends-in-chicago-and-hanna-s-sorrow-ic-thread-27#21302 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30