Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 07, 2018 11:54 am

'Are we done or are you going to claim the wardrobe as "spoils of war"?' Nicole replied with a raised eyebrow to Fran. 'If so, please say now so we can work out a way to get it out of here.'

'We'll need to visit a couple of other rooms for the stretchers, so should be able to find more sheets.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 12:04 pm

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "At least in that, you are not alone. The technological revolution accelerated pretty hard the last hundred years or so. Not everyone was able to keep up, even if they grew up with the advances."

"I can understand that and if I where more a part of the world I would probably get modern technology more."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"I do hear it is very useful."

He nodded soberly, "The man who made it is indeed skilled. He tried to throw up another in the Chicago Labyrinth, too, but we managed to bleed it dry and shunt it off into a wider space so as to render it harmless, fortunately. Poor chap, he apparently went into a Seeking or somesuch after that, and somehow I don't think his Avatar had many nice things to say to him..."

"I think I saw him, one of the prisoners right? Dark hair, looked kind of out of it? That is harsh Sir ending up in a Seeking in the middle of a battle."
Heather said and nodded.
"It would have been bad if his spell had gone of though."

He smiled thinly, "There's always a disaster that almost takes out half the planet, isn't there? The only reason the Sleepers can be happy is that they don't know about it... I guess it is our lot in life, along with the Union, to run damage control against the Fallen's antics."

"I guess you are right at that Sir."
Heather said and nodded.
"I guess it is the price we pay for our powers, being one of those who knows and who have to do what we can to stop the Fallen from getting their way, and it is a price I pay gladly."
She said and smiled a little before turning serious again.

[Adley and Nicole] (Jeffry's strike team at the Labyrinth, 3 in the afternoon)

'Are we done or are you going to claim the wardrobe as "spoils of war"?' Nicole replied with a raised eyebrow to Fran. 'If so, please say now so we can work out a way to get it out of here.'

"I am done, do I want a couple of the dresses yes but it would not feel right to steal something I do not need from a dead woman...because more likely than not the one who lived in this room are dead."
The Euthanatos said and sigh.
"The Chief would not like it if I brought anything anyway."

'We'll need to visit a couple of other rooms for the stretchers, so should be able to find more sheets.'

"Very well we should get going then, unless there where anything else in here you wanted to have a look at?"
Fran said with a last longing look at the dress that had caught her eye before she left it and headed for the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 07, 2018 12:30 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 3PM]
"I can understand that and if I where more a part of the world I would probably get modern technology more."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"I do hear it is very useful."
Colin nodded, "It does have advantages, and disadvantages... I would recommend you read George Orwell's '1984' and Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World' - the two form a quite accurate picture of far too many aspects of the 21st century... I'll try to get a copy of each to, ah, accidentally misplace on an upcoming trip through the Umbra."

"I think I saw him, one of the prisoners right? Dark hair, looked kind of out of it? That is harsh Sir ending up in a Seeking in the middle of a battle."
Heather said and nodded.
"It would have been bad if his spell had gone of though."
He nodded, "That would be the one... and the spell did go off; it's a testament to the former Tremere Archmaga's skill that she could swiftly enough wrap the ball in a spatial bubble a few miles across before the explosion..."

"I guess you are right at that Sir."
Heather said and nodded.
"I guess it is the price we pay for our powers, being one of those who knows and who have to do what we can to stop the Fallen from getting their way, and it is a price I pay gladly."
She said and smiled a little before turning serious again.
He nodded, "Well, more pleasant matters, then... How would you like to return to Chicago? We might be able to get a teleporter to send us back and forth, though it be taxing. Alternatively, I have a shuttle on standby a short walk from the ship; it should be more than capable of the little round trip, and I could probably justify it to the shuttle's owner as an impromptu piloting lesson, as well. We would need a ride back to the Chantry in that case, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 07, 2018 1:36 pm

"So you are like Wiccans but with more omph, so that instead of healing headaches and hands sore from to much drawing you can do some really funky shit?"
Jen asked her eyes wide.

"Basically. Funky shit is actually a really good way to describe what I do." Serge said with a smile. "Although we got our fair share of healers that help fix headaches and the like as well. But they can do a lot more. Regenerateing limbs and stuff like that."

"So you have to hide? I guess that makes sense and I guess some would go after you if they knew you existed, my best friend always get shit from those who dislike her religious choices who know what they would do to someone who can do fantasy book level stuff."
Jan muttered and nodded seaming to accept your information as to why she had not heard about mages on the news.

Serge nodded, "Yup. To protect us and our loved ones we have to hide what we are to the world. We are vastly outnumbered and their's only so many bullets we can shield ourselves from. Broadcasting ourselves to the world is the fastest way to get us killed."

Jen smiled ever so slightly and nodded.
"So...that man will not be able to get out of ehm...magick jail? Are you sure?"
She asked nervously then she smiled a little again.
"Good, he deserves to be locked up and magick jail that is spooky...is it guarded by soul sucking, joy stealing skinny dudes in robes?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe! Man that would actually be really cool! I mean it'd kinda suck for the criminal but some of them deserve it. I actually haven't been to magick jail myself considering I'm neither a criminal nor a guard. It's not exactly an easy place to get too or leave from. But from the stories I've heard I can definitely believe a dementor guarding it. That or some other type of monstrosity." Serge said with a smile, enjoying the harry potter reference.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 07, 2018 3:12 pm

"I have some." Thorn said and he grabbed his water bottle and helped the Technocrat drink a bit.

"Thank you."

Darrian gave you a kind smile he lifted one hand as if he wanted to pat you on the shoulder but then let it fall he had never been one much for physical contact with others. "None of us are oracles Sodalis, there will always be unknown risks but you made a good point, there might be information we can use in there and our Sodalis in there knows how to watch her steps."

"Well, of us I think you might be the closest currently present, sir," he said with a sheepish smile.

"I had a second apprenticeship with a member of House Thing so I know a bit about technomagick so if I find something that looks like advanced levels of Ars Spiritus I will stop reading and if it is written in the Nephandi language then that might be ugly but it will make no sense to me Sodalis, you where right there might be something useful in there." Ann-Marie said and smiled a little. "I will be careful. And we have them out, now we just need to stabalize them and get them teleported out."

"Just be careful, that man is unfortunately very creative. His last security system was...rather terrifying."

Theodora put her phone away. "Our second team says they will return in about five minutes or so, and hey will see if they can find some blankets." The Tytalus informed the group.

"Good," he said. "Should we try to free my spirit friend here before we get those in the prison cells, sir?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 3:30 pm

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "It does have advantages, and disadvantages... I would recommend you read George Orwell's '1984' and Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World' - the two form a quite accurate picture of far too many aspects of the 21st century... I'll try to get a copy of each to, ah, accidentally misplace on an upcoming trip through the Umbra."

"I have read the first book, it was a gift from a captured Technocrat I had a chance to ehm...acidentally have amalfunction with the doors she he managed to flee before he was tortured and lead him out of the Labyrinth, he had the book on him and left it for me as a gift."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"I would love to read the other book you mentioned though Colin."

He nodded, "That would be the one... and the spell did go off; it's a testament to the former Tremere Archmaga's skill that she could swiftly enough wrap the ball in a spatial bubble a few miles across before the explosion..."

"Yeah Archmistress Crexia then I assume Sir, she is one powerful mage."
Heather said sounding impressed.

He nodded, "Well, more pleasant matters, then... How would you like to return to Chicago? We might be able to get a teleporter to send us back and forth, though it be taxing. Alternatively, I have a shuttle on standby a short walk from the ship; it should be more than capable of the little round trip, and I could probably justify it to the shuttle's owner as an impromptu piloting lesson, as well. We would need a ride back to the Chantry in that case, though..."

"Whatever is most practical for you Sir, taking a Umbral shuttle and getting a ride from the Umbral docks and back to Lavender is not a big problem, if nothing else I can take the bus, thy did not take my wallet I have enough for bus fare or a taxi there."
Heather said and smiled.
"I can take a plane back to Chicago as well if that is more practical for you Sir I am not picky."

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3 in the afternoon.)

"Basically. Funky shit is actually a really good way to describe what I do." Serge said with a smile. "Although we got our fair share of healers that help fix headaches and the like as well. But they can do a lot more. Regenerateing limbs and stuff like that."

"That is quite impressive Mr Yager...regenerate limbs that...it is a shame you can't share that with the world then for itwould have been allot of pepole who could have benefitted from that."
Jen said hald amazed and half disbelieving.

Serge nodded, "Yup. To protect us and our loved ones we have to hide what we are to the world. We are vastly outnumbered and their's only so many bullets we can shield ourselves from. Broadcasting ourselves to the world is the fastest way to get us killed."

"That do make allot of sense actually, you have to stay safe."
The woman said.
"But...are there many like this Jace out there what if there are more like him that will come for me, do you and your frind take down men like him?"

"Maybe! Man that would actually be really cool! I mean it'd kinda suck for the criminal but some of them deserve it. I actually haven't been to magick jail myself considering I'm neither a criminal nor a guard. It's not exactly an easy place to get too or leave from. But from the stories I've heard I can definitely believe a dementor guarding it. That or some other type of monstrosity." Serge said with a smile, enjoying the harry potter reference.

"Quite similar being do exist Ma'am but our side do nto tend to be the ones dealing in them, other magick users are the guards in magick jail and they are quite good at it."
Richard said and the woman nodded.
"Well I hope Jace gets put away for a very, very long time he is a monster...a complete monster."
She muttered darkly her eyes going dull as she thought about her ordeal.

"Well, of us I think you might be the closest currently present, sir," he said with a sheepish smile.

"Well that is quite a compliment my young Sodalis but I am very far from an Oracle, that is for those like our Primus...those who ahve both wisdom and power, however since neither of us are Oracles all we can do is our best with what knowledge and insights we might have.

"Just be careful, that man is unfortunately very creative. His last security system was...rather terrifying."

"Security system like alarms and such?"
Ann-Marie said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well in either case I will be careful I promise Sodalis."

"Good," he said. "Should we try to free my spirit friend here before we get those in the prison cells, sir?"

"Yeah we might as well try to use what time we have available wisly and since right now we have to wait anyway we should put the time to good use."
Darrian said and then he gave you a bottle containing a clear liquid.
"Can you ask your friend to blow some wind into this bottle and then write her name on it with your finger, on the outside of the bottle I mean and then give it back to me and I will see what I can do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Anja's Post:

'Suit yourself.' Nicole replied to this, giving a look and shrug which made it clear that she didn't share such hang-ups.

Anja's Post:

A short pause. 'Nah; we need to get on. And I want a chance to look in that armoury before we go.' gathering up her stuff and the stretcher.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 6:57 pm

'Suit yourself.' Nicole replied to this, giving a look and shrug which made it clear that she didn't share such hang-ups.

Fran nodded solenly and went for the door.

A short pause. 'Nah; we need to get on. And I want a chance to look in that armoury before we go.' gathering up her stuff and the stretcher.

"Agreed and the armory as the weapons in there would not be personal items I have no problem looting."
Fran said as she headed outside. Antonio and Ty where waiting.
"Did all go well?"
Antonio asked.
"We have another stretcher I see, any work on how many we need?"
The scribe asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 07, 2018 7:15 pm

"That is quite impressive Mr Yager...regenerate limbs that...it is a shame you can't share that with the world then for it would have been allot of pepole who could have benefitted from that."
Jen said hald amazed and half disbelieving.

"It is a shame. If I could share the gift of magick with the world I would've had a lot more friends as a kid." Serge said with a smile.

"That do make allot of sense actually, you have to stay safe."
The woman said.
"But...are there many like this Jace out there what if there are more like him that will come for me, do you and your frind take down men like him?"

"No he was a special case. A once in a lifetime monster who caused a lot of damage on his own. And yes my group find people like that. People who break the law and try to hurt other and brings them to justice. And it's not just us. Their are people like us scattered all over the city and even the world. We'll protect you and everyone else in the city." Serge explained.

"Quite similar being do exist Ma'am but our side do nto tend to be the ones dealing in them, other magick users are the guards in magick jail and they are quite good at it."
Richard said and the woman nodded.
"Well I hope Jace gets put away for a very, very long time he is a monster...a complete monster."
She muttered darkly her eyes going dull as she thought about her ordeal.

"We all want that. We've all been hurt by him to some extent." Serge said sadly remembering Beatrice's sorrow and his own mentor. "And that's what we're going to get. We won't be hearing off him for a long time."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 pm

'Armouries often do contain weapons. In my experience.' Nicole quipped to Fran with a smile. 'Not gonna turn away a chance to refill my crate, me.'

'Yeah, fine. We need four stretchers and some blankets.' she replied to the question in the hall. Placed the second makeshift stretcher beside the first one, clearly starting a "loot pile".

'If you can find another open room, I'll quickly go back and get that laptop.'

[Gotta steal all the things!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 8:57 pm

'Armouries often do contain weapons. In my experience.' Nicole quipped to Fran with a smile. 'Not gonna turn away a chance to refill my crate, me.'

"Well at times we do need to be practical and with some good scans and a few spells to dissolve Resonances it should be safe enough."
Fran said and smiled.

'Yeah, fine. We need four stretchers and some blankets.' she replied to the question in the hall. Placed the second makeshift stretcher beside the first one, clearly starting a "loot pile".

Antonio just nodded at that.

'If you can find another open room, I'll quickly go back and get that laptop.'

"I will have a room or two ready for you once you return."
The Scribe said as he pulled his notebook out and started scribbeling something.

(OOC: Looot! )

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3 in the afternoon.)

"It is a shame. If I could share the gift of magick with the world I would've had a lot more friends as a kid." Serge said with a smile.

"Well perhaps...or the other children would be jealous or scared of you which is also a possiblity."
Jen said.
"So you started...using these powers as a child then Mr Yager?"

"No he was a special case. A once in a lifetime monster who caused a lot of damage on his own. And yes my group find people like that. People who break the law and try to hurt other and brings them to justice. And it's not just us. Their are people like us scattered all over the city and even the world. We'll protect you and everyone else in the city." Serge explained.

The woman gave you a skeptical look.
"However if what you say is true Mr Yager and there are a whole society of well wizards ready and willing to take down the bad wizards, how did Jace slip through the cracks and how do you know others like him will not do the same in the future?"
She asked nervously.
"A system that have failed once are likely to fail again."

"We all want that. We've all been hurt by him to some extent." Serge said sadly remembering Beatrice's sorrow and his own mentor. "And that's what we're going to get. We won't be hearing off him for a long time."

"I hope you are right Mr Yager I really do."
Jen said but she still sounded scared.
"But what if he escapes?"
Richard sigh.
"He will not escape Ma'am I assure you of that, he killed one of our own and he will pay."
Jen looked at the Akashic then she nodded but her eyes still darted around nervously as if she expected to find Jace hiding behind every furniture and in any shadow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 07, 2018 9:01 pm

Gave a nod, then went back to the first room they'd gone into, to grab the laptop. And see if there was anything which jumped out at her which they'd missed last time.

[Not actually search, merely if she notices anything new second time around]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 07, 2018 9:35 pm

"Well perhaps...or the other children would be jealous or scared of you which is also a possiblity."
Jen said.
"So you started...using these powers as a child then Mr Yager?"

"Nah I was just joking around. I wasn't like some young kid. I started when I was like 16 or 17." Serge said with a smile.

The woman gave you a skeptical look.
"However if what you say is true Mr Yager and there are a whole society of well wizards ready and willing to take down the bad wizards, how did Jace slip through the cracks and how do you know others like him will not do the same in the future?"
She asked nervously.
"A system that have failed once are likely to fail again."

"No system is perfect." Serge admitted. "Every once in a while some maniac gets loose but that's the case in both of our worlds, magickal or not. But we can always learn from our errors. Find the weak points in our system and make improvements to the system and try to find and stop the bad guys before they do too much harm."

"I hope you are right Mr Yager I really do."
Jen said but she still sounded scared.
"But what if he escapes?"
Richard sigh.
"He will not escape Ma'am I assure you of that, he killed one of our own and he will pay."
Jen looked at the Akashic then she nodded but her eyes still darted around nervously as if she expected to find Jace hiding behind every furniture and in any shadow.

"If you keep worrying about that you'll sooner die of stress. What you need right now is bed rest." Serge said calmly. "You've been through a lot and right now you need time to recover."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 07, 2018 10:02 pm

"I have read the first book, it was a gift from a captured Technocrat I had a chance to ehm...acidentally have amalfunction with the doors she he managed to flee before he was tortured and lead him out of the Labyrinth, he had the book on him and left it for me as a gift."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"I would love to read the other book you mentioned though Colin."
Colin nodded, "I will see what can be done, then... and perhaps I can find a few other books on the same themes and from the same era."

"Yeah Archmistress Crexia then I assume Sir, she is one powerful mage."
Heather said sounding impressed.
He nodded, "But, remember Hermetics and names... I would be careful with namedropping someone of her seniority and power carelessly. She might hear it."

"Whatever is most practical for you Sir, taking a Umbral shuttle and getting a ride from the Umbral docks and back to Lavender is not a big problem, if nothing else I can take the bus, thy did not take my wallet I have enough for bus fare or a taxi there."
Heather said and smiled.
"I can take a plane back to Chicago as well if that is more practical for you Sir I am not picky."
He nodded, "Yes, well, I need to pick up my apprentice as well today, so I'll have to make the round trip, too. The shuttle, then, and I'll let my Security chief know when it's time to leave."
He looked up at Dalisse, "How long, do you think, until the prisoner extraction and destruction of the Caul is done?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 08, 2018 3:35 am

"Well that is quite a compliment my young Sodalis but I am very far from an Oracle, that is for those like our Primus...those who ahve both wisdom and power, however since neither of us are Oracles all we can do is our best with what knowledge and insights we might have.

"And hard win some more wisdom in the process, I suppose."

"Security system like alarms and such?"
Ann-Marie said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well in either case I will be careful I promise Sodalis."

"No, much worse. Though there could be something like that too, but this was a defense he created using his own mind...and body. Given his...predilections, it seems he might use some kind of biological security systems. Though that particular one was...deactivated, as it was linked to him and his magick, which was shut down by the serum."

"Yeah we might as well try to use what time we have available wisly and since right now we have to wait anyway we should put the time to good use."
Darrian said and then he gave you a bottle containing a clear liquid.
"Can you ask your friend to blow some wind into this bottle and then write her name on it with your finger, on the outside of the bottle I mean and then give it back to me and I will see what I can do."

"Well, I meant after she returned since she will need to be cleared again. As well, anything she decides to bring out, if anything. But yes, I can ask her to do that and cap it until you use it, if that is what you meant sir?" he said, taking the bottle and peering at it curiously.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue May 08, 2018 4:27 am

"That may be so Mr Karyak but that do not mean some effort should not be made to make sure your frinds live as long as possible."
Obviously, but... I can't fool myself and spect them to duck and cover their hole lives. Tane shoots a glance at his friends all working and bloodied to stop the fight. I can only be there with them, and be careful

the Nephandi's servants
Those we should cut on the spot, least we get stained by their foulness. But i would spect human bombs first.

Seeing the people Tane showed a face o disgust You served a monster? YOu have done her horrid biding... what merit can cleanse you of all the sins you have commited in the name of cowardice?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 08, 2018 8:35 am

Colin nodded, "I will see what can be done, then... and perhaps I can find a few other books on the same themes and from the same era."

"I would really appriciate that Colin."
Dalisse said and she gave you a warm smile.

He nodded, "But, remember Hermetics and names... I would be careful with namedropping someone of her seniority and power carelessly. She might hear it."

Heather looked down.
"I am so sorry Sir, I did not mean any offence at all, I will be more careful in the future I am sorry."
She said quickly.

He nodded, "Yes, well, I need to pick up my apprentice as well today, so I'll have to make the round trip, too. The shuttle, then, and I'll let my Security chief know when it's time to leave."

"As you will Sir, thank you."
Heather said and smiled.

He looked up at Dalisse, "How long, do you think, until the prisoner extraction and destruction of the Caul is done?"

"It is hard to say really but I would estimate about twenty minutes or so."
Dalisse said after a moment to consider.

Gave a nod, then went back to the first room they'd gone into, to grab the laptop. And see if there was anything which jumped out at her which they'd missed last time.

There where nothing more of great value or interest in the room, you got the laptop though and it seamed to be a rather high end and good quality one from Dell.

"And hard win some more wisdom in the process, I suppose."

"That is often the case Sodalis, but let us try to make our lessons as harmless as possible, but we are here to learn, and sometimes we have to try something even if it might not be completely safe to do that."
Darrian said softly.

"No, much worse. Though there could be something like that too, but this was a defense he created using his own mind...and body. Given his...predilections, it seems he might use some kind of biological security systems. Though that particular one was...deactivated, as it was linked to him and his magick, which was shut down by the serum."

"It seamd the serum was useful this time then."
Ann-Marie said and Cecilia shuddered at that. Ann-Marie nodded.
"No traps or security sytems where activated when I was in the lab the last times but I will be careful."

"Well, I meant after she returned since she will need to be cleared again. As well, anything she decides to bring out, if anything. But yes, I can ask her to do that and cap it until you use it, if that is what you meant sir?" he said, taking the bottle and peering at it curiously.

"Our third degree friend will need to be cleansed yes after she is out of that room but you can ask your spirit friend if she will still do us that favor even if we break the bonds that mind her."
Darrian said.
"Yes I will just the connecton to the Umbrood to break the magick that binds her here. I do not much use words and gestures Sodalis, I use the outer temple alchemy to affect the world around me."

"Nah I was just joking around. I wasn't like some young kid. I started when I was like 16 or 17." Serge said with a smile.

"That is still pretty young Mr Yager, what was it like to get powers like that as a teenager?"
Jen asked and she looked at you.

"No system is perfect." Serge admitted. "Every once in a while some maniac gets loose but that's the case in both of our worlds, magickal or not. But we can always learn from our errors. Find the weak points in our system and make improvements to the system and try to find and stop the bad guys before they do too much harm."

"I guess you are right about that. But it just seam so...odd to me that you have a group of wizards policing other wizards who may or may not be engaged in evil activities...do your society have laws and such since you have jails?"
The woman asked looking curious.

"If you keep worrying about that you'll sooner die of stress. What you need right now is bed rest." Serge said calmly. "You've been through a lot and right now you need time to recover."

"I know...you are right but I...am scared I can see that man everywhere and hear him and and...I am just scared."
The young woman said and Richard sigh.
"I know Ma'am, you are safe here but I know that is not easy to accept, but you really need to sleep, would you agree to letting us help you sleep, we will not do anything unless you consent to it."
He asked and the woman looked nervous.
"I but...what if...I would be helpless if I sleep and...and..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 08, 2018 8:43 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

Obviously, but... I can't fool myself and spect them to duck and cover their hole lives. Tane shoots a glance at his friends all working and bloodied to stop the fight. I can only be there with them, and be careful

"That is all any of us can do Mr Karyak but I would urge you to be careful about this entity you say you are sensing aroun your home, that pressence makes me uneasy."
Amadeus said and frowned. You saw Alessa and Coawa walking side by side they where tired, Alessa had healed her wounds and was only lacking the arm she had turned into spiders to scout for the group but Coawa where hurt not that it would stop him.

Those we should cut on the spot, least we get stained by their foulness. But i would spect human bombs first.

"I am hesitant to cut down unarmed servants and besides many of them will have some sort of powers they are going to slow us down, sometimes it is better to live and let live."
Amadeus said and frowned again.
"Human bombs are possible, we should keep our distance for now."

Seeing the people Tane showed a face o disgust You served a monster? YOu have done her horrid biding... what merit can cleanse you of all the sins you have commited in the name of cowardice?

The man who had spoken gave you an angry look.
"You judge what you do not understand, you know nothing Traditionalist. We are not after your approval the question is more how much time do you want to spend on us? You are mages and will be able to kill us however we are not going to just lay down and die, so how much blood do you want on your hands and how much time do you want to waste, all we want is to survive."
The man said in a tired tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 08, 2018 10:05 am

Heather looked down.
"I am so sorry Sir, I did not mean any offence at all, I will be more careful in the future I am sorry."
She said quickly.
Colin smiled, "I am not a Hermetic; it is not me to whom you should apologize. It is an easy slip, though, and it's often easy to forget how much power there can be in a name carelessly spoken..."

"It is hard to say really but I would estimate about twenty minutes or so."
Dalisse said after a moment to consider.
He nodded, "Sounds about right... That will be when we run down the corridors and out the same way I entered, then."
He picked up the phone and called Rodger, "Sir, we're coming out in a little over twenty minutes, unless another crisis occurs - we've essentially won, and have entered the mop-up stage. I hope you don't mind a detour to Chicago before coming home, though - we'll have another passenger both ways."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 08, 2018 11:50 am

Colin smiled, "I am not a Hermetic; it is not me to whom you should apologize. It is an easy slip, though, and it's often easy to forget how much power there can be in a name carelessly spoken..."

"Well when I tell my Mistress about such a slip up on my part I suspect I will not be sitting for a while."
Heather muttered wryly.
"I will apologize to the lady in question though."
She promised.

He nodded, "Sounds about right... That will be when we run down the corridors and out the same way I entered, then."

Dalisse nodded at that.

He picked up the phone and called Rodger, "Sir, we're coming out in a little over twenty minutes, unless another crisis occurs - we've essentially won, and have entered the mop-up stage. I hope you don't mind a detour to Chicago before coming home, though - we'll have another passenger both ways."

"That is wonderful news my good man."
Rodger said.
"I will be ready to pick you up when you come out and going to Chicago sould not be a problem."
He confirmed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 08, 2018 1:21 pm

"Well when I tell my Mistress about such a slip up on my part I suspect I will not be sitting for a while."
Heather muttered wryly.
"I will apologize to the lady in question though."
She promised.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, I will not be the one to pass word of the little slip."

"That is wonderful news my good man."
Rodger said.
"I will be ready to pick you up when you come out and going to Chicago sould not be a problem."
He confirmed.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Good, I will let the Chief know of the slight adjustment of plans necessitated before we leave - and you will get to meet my little apprentice today, as well. The polyp will not shoot at you, so you can come a little closer this time, before it leaves for the Deep."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, I will not be the one to pass word of the little slip."

"I did not expect that you would Sir but it is my slip up to make right and I will have to ask my Mistress to be allowed to apologize to the arch maga and then she will learn the reason."
Heather said and smiled.
"It is not a big matter Sir and I do like to make up for my mistakes."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Good, I will let the Chief know of the slight adjustment of plans necessitated before we leave - and you will get to meet my little apprentice today, as well. The polyp will not shoot at you, so you can come a little closer this time, before it leaves for the Deep."

"If you say so my good man, that the polyp will not fire on my ship, I will land close to where I let you off then."
Rodger said.
"As for your apprentice I will be delighted to mee the little mademoiselle. Well then I will let you contact the Chief and have things arranged and I will pick you and your guest up."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 08, 2018 2:23 pm

"I did not expect that you would Sir but it is my slip up to make right and I will have to ask my Mistress to be allowed to apologize to the arch maga and then she will learn the reason."
Heather said and smiled.
"It is not a big matter Sir and I do like to make up for my mistakes."
Colin nodded, "Quite; it is as it should be... besides, I rather expect your punishment would be harsher if she heard it from someone else first..."

"If you say so my good man, that the polyp will not fire on my ship, I will land close to where I let you off then."
Rodger said.
"As for your apprentice I will be delighted to mee the little mademoiselle. Well then I will let you contact the Chief and have things arranged and I will pick you and your guest up."
He smiled wryly, "That sounds quite good. And my little girl is quite magnificent; you might find her something of a surprise, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite; it is as it should be... besides, I rather expect your punishment would be harsher if she heard it from someone else first..."

"It would be, but worse it would disapoint her and I do not want to disapoint my Mistress, I want her to be proud of me Sir."
Heather said and smiled.

He smiled wryly, "That sounds quite good. And my little girl is quite magnificent; you might find her something of a surprise, though."

"Well suprise is the spice of life my good man, and as you are an exceptional gentleman yourself I expect nothing less of your young student."
Rodger said good naturedly.
"I will see you then my good man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 08, 2018 2:58 pm

"It would be, but worse it would disapoint her and I do not want to disapoint my Mistress, I want her to be proud of me Sir."
Heather said and smiled.
He nodded, "Quite so. I most certainly can appreciate that sentiment... Disappointment can sting so much worse than anger, after all, and the British are very good at expressing disappointment when upset."

"Well suprise is the spice of life my good man, and as you are an exceptional gentleman yourself I expect nothing less of your young student."
Rodger said good naturedly.
"I will see you then my good man."
He grinned broadly, "And the spice must flow, I suppose. But yes, my young apprentice is quite brilliant, and she has a far brighter future today than she did yesterday. It is a long story... might have time to cover parts of it in transit. I'll see you in some twenty-twentyfive minutes."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next