Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 Empty More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm

(OOC: Nicole is in the old Nephandi auto shop waiting for supplies to send the rescued Technocrat on his way, Adley is in Steelhaven's Council Chambers talking with Darrian. Tane is considering attacking Dalisse's ship. Colin is at Morningstar talking with Udella and Serge is at Steelhaven helping the rescuees there. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"True American beers are usually quite horrid. A heavier, nuttier drink do fit better for colder nights though, that I do agree with Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled.
Colin nodded and grinned, "There are exceptions to the adage, though - I found a marvelous new American brew not five ago: it's aptly named Arrogant Bastard Ale. Very much a winter ale, and one with a devilish attitude at that. Every now and then, an American brewery does appear with something that doesn't need an apology."

"Thank you Sir that is quite a relief to hear...ehm you can see the future then?"
Allison asked.
He nodded, "Increasingly so, this week... The future, the past, not all of it good, nor all badm but at the very least I can wrestle the undesirable futures onto a better path, if only incrementally at a time. Of course, one day that bill will come due... but from what I have seen so far, whatever happens to me will be worth it."

"That do not matter Master D'Angelo are the Senior Quesitor of Boston and while demanding another Enforcer do the arrest is viable, going against her wishes that you be arrested and letting you run of to tie up loose ends are not. You are still guildy of running away and refusing the orders of the Tribunal's Senior Enforcer."
Udella said and sigh.
He nodded, "Yes, well... she was quite irrational at the time, demanding the whole of the strike teams go against the armistice I'd arranged with the Handler and try to bring her in, as well... which obviously would not be pleasant for anyone, considering the vast amounts of unpleasantness Dalisse and I had managed to prevent already."

"Well it will be interesting to see what you can do with it Mr Wainwright."
The old Enforcer said and smiled.
He smiled, "The defensive properties of the mountain are nice enough, but so cold and isolated... Better, I think, to blend in a chaotic obfuscation pattern to avoid targeting rather than merely hiding deep behind the defenses..."

Udella was quiet for a while then she said.
"That is horrible, how often would this treatment have to be done in order for Allison to be on the serum safely. I would not want harm to come to her and nor do I wish to cause her more pain than what is neccesary."
She said sounding rather worried.
He shook his head, "I don't know... All I know is that Allison will - unless we can change that drastically by for example revealing long-term effects of the serum - be kept suppressed for far longer than is medically advisable. How efficient the treatment is, I don't know - all I know is that a drop of lich blood draws out the Primium, particle by particle, instead of pulling loose large clumps at a time that might rupture something."

"Yes he was sentenced to being on the serum for a year and he was in a pretty bad state by the time that year was over. I do worry about him he is still rather sick I doubt I can talk him into seeking medical attention though, but you did recomend me a Dr ehm...Mossly was it? On Horizon you said she might be able to help my client."
He nodded, "Dr. Helen Mossly; she's a most capable Verbena Etherite - a dual-tradition physician - who might be able to help him... alternatively, there's a very good psychiatrist in Boston - a Cultist named Dr. Boudavich - who may be able to help the poor fellow across the first few hurdles toward seeking medical assistance."

((OOC: The significance of the date is not in a historical event on that date - the key is a 16th century Pope. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Adley Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:00 pm

"Any time Adley and sometimes will alone is enough, wanting to do good is enough and knowing you have done all that you can even if the situation is not always ideal."
Fran said and and she gave you a small smile.

"Good thing I'm really stubborn then when I want to be."

"At least the poor wounded woman will get to reincarnate and we can pray that her next like will be better, and for the others, perhaps with time and care they can get back on their feet." The death magus said softly then she shook her head. "The Nephandi have done so much harm."

"Over many lifetimes. I hope...my hope is that we will find a way, someday to stop them for good without it being the way they want to stop everything. We're fighting fire with fire, which ironic as that is coming from a Flambeau, still means the whole world is getting scorched. The thing is, fire can engender life, burn out the corruption and allow new green to flourish. But it has to be done the right way or there is nothing left. It's a delicate balance...destruction for it's own sake versus destruction to clear out stagnation and corruption..." he ruminated aloud.

"Think nothing of it." The Master alchemist said, he asked his familliar to stay and then he went out into the common room and asked Francis better to look affter the pots, something the Flambeau agreed to. Darrian then went with you to the still empty Council Chambers and closed the door. "What was it you needed to discuss with me Mr Roth Hicks?"

He nodded to Francis and then went into the room with Darrian. "First, I was asked if Mr Karyak had apologized to you yet over certain transgressions. I imagine you've both been busy, but I was asked to check in...and he's not here to do that yet, which is another worry altogether. Second, I would like your input on a sensitive matter. The magick-confining serum that the Technocracy developed that we've been using has potentially deadly unwanted side effects in the long term, it seems to harm the brain of awakened mages if used more than three days. Additionally, it is a rather painful injection to take. There is a hedge wizard woman that may require long term use of this serum. However, she is quite traumatized due to...the fact she was experimented upon and naturally anything medical terrifies her and I am not sure if this will harm her in the long term or if the injury is only for awakened magii. It stands to reason, caution is prudent. However, if she must use this serum until we find another alternative, is there a way to make something like it, or to transform it so it does not need to be taken as an injection? A potion, or something to inhale, for example?"

// what is Nicole's bday, it's not listed on her character sheet and now I'm curious. Hrm, 16th century Pope...Pope Pius VIII?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:05 pm

"Hum it sounds like your Avatar is pretty smart, you seam to be doing allot to help out here, and besides it is never a good idea to put oneself down, that helps no one."
Paul said and nodded.

"Yeah I know that now. Still, sometimes I slip back into that bad habit from time to time." Serge said with a nervous smile.

Allison looked at you and swrote something down in the note app on her phone and showed you.
"He have several not yet healed punctures in his spine, to little but not critically low levels of spinal fluid which will lead to massive heaches, two healing surgery wounds and a hole drilled into his head not yet healed, ligature markes on his wrists, bruises from injections over most of his body. He have been forcefully Awakened against the will of his Avatar and that Avatar have then been thorn out of his soul though it have now returned, I think laying down is probably a good idea for him right now Mr Yager, please leave the medical advice to the healers and doctors."

Paul looked at you and sigh.
"Perhaps so Serge but it all fells so...so wrong and overwalming, as if I am seeing something I should not be seeing."
The wounded man whispered.

Serge read through it carefully and nodded to show that he understood. He hadn't actually realized how hurt Paul was and was a little surprised by the amount of injuries he possessed.

He then looked back at Paul and said, "Seeing the emotions of others can get a bit annoying after a while. If you don't want to see it then you don't have to. Remember, your in control of your own magick. The way you want to view the world is how you'll view it. Your thoughts will shape your perceptions. Just concentrate on how you want to view the world."

"Are you sure? Are you sure that man is gone? Are you sure he will not coome back...are you sure?"
Paul wept terrified, he looked so tired.
"What could possibly be a suitable punishment for all he have done, to me and others? That man is a monster!"
The wounded man sobbed.

"His magick will be taken from him permanently and then....well....after all the things he's done....he'll probably be sentenced to death." Serge said honestly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:48 pm

[Colin] (At Morningstar 6 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded and grinned, "There are exceptions to the adage, though - I found a marvelous new American brew not five ago: it's aptly named Arrogant Bastard Ale. Very much a winter ale, and one with a devilish attitude at that. Every now and then, an American brewery does appear with something that doesn't need an apology."

"Well that is certinly an interesting name for an beer. I have to admit though that while I can drink some brews I still find wine more to my taste but I might try the one you recomend."
Udella said and smiled.

He nodded, "Increasingly so, this week... The future, the past, not all of it good, nor all badm but at the very least I can wrestle the undesirable futures onto a better path, if only incrementally at a time. Of course, one day that bill will come due... but from what I have seen so far, whatever happens to me will be worth it."

"That sounds like something that will earn you allot of Paradox one day."
Allison said and sigh.
"But I guess seeing the future can be really useful."

He nodded, "Yes, well... she was quite irrational at the time, demanding the whole of the strike teams go against the armistice I'd arranged with the Handler and try to bring her in, as well... which obviously would not be pleasant for anyone, considering the vast amounts of unpleasantness Dalisse and I had managed to prevent already."

"That is not how any Tribunal will see it Mr Wainwright they will see a Quesitor doing her job in hunting down a Nephanda not someone who is irrational, making this claim will hurt your case not help it and you can not mention having made a deal with this Handler as that would be illegal, very illegal, that you happened to talk her into helping that is in a legal gray area but making the claim Master D'Angelo acted irrationally in attacking a Nephandus you had made a deal with, well you can yourself hear how that will sound."
Udella said sternly.

He smiled, "The defensive properties of the mountain are nice enough, but so cold and isolated... Better, I think, to blend in a chaotic obfuscation pattern to avoid targeting rather than merely hiding deep behind the defenses..."

"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright, then again, an old and powerful rote that while simple have been perfected over the centuries might not be as easy to modify as you think without loosing some of what makes it such a good spell that the Order of Hermes was formed around it's invention."
The old Quesitor commented and she sounded a bit skeptical.

He shook his head, "I don't know... All I know is that Allison will - unless we can change that drastically by for example revealing long-term effects of the serum - be kept suppressed for far longer than is medically advisable. How efficient the treatment is, I don't know - all I know is that a drop of lich blood draws out the Primium, particle by particle, instead of pulling loose large clumps at a time that might rupture something."

"I will have to look into other ways to hold her magick supressed then...perhaps a binding oath as that might give her the chance to stretch her wings a bit when given premission, I might be able to sell that in as an alternative. All the same though do you know anyone I can contact to learn more about how this cure against the damage the serum do works?"
She asked and frowned.

He nodded, "Dr. Helen Mossly; she's a most capable Verbena Etherite - a dual-tradition physician - who might be able to help him... alternatively, there's a very good psychiatrist in Boston - a Cultist named Dr. Boudavich - who may be able to help the poor fellow across the first few hurdles toward seeking medical assistance."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I will contact these two induviduals and then give my client their names and recomend that he contact them. I do hope the man will get better poor man he...have gotten quite traumatized by his experience."
Udella said then she raised an eyebrow.
"A Verbena/Sons of Ether dual Tradition member? Now that is rare."

[Adley] (At Steelhaven 4 in the afternoon.)

"Good thing I'm really stubborn then when I want to be."

Fran smiled a little at that.
"Well stuborness can be quite useful Adley."
She agreed.

"Over many lifetimes. I hope...my hope is that we will find a way, someday to stop them for good without it being the way they want to stop everything. We're fighting fire with fire, which ironic as that is coming from a Flambeau, still means the whole world is getting scorched. The thing is, fire can engender life, burn out the corruption and allow new green to flourish. But it has to be done the right way or there is nothing left. It's a delicate balance...destruction for it's own sake versus destruction to clear out stagnation and corruption..." he ruminated aloud.

Fran listened to your words and then when you where finished speaking she nodded.
"That makes allot of sense actually Adley, and one day we will stop them, we will stop their corruption for good and the world while it will not be perfect, it can never be perfect but it will become better for it, we will stop them and for now, today while costly we won...we won and the world get to continue spinning until the time we can stop them for good."
The death magus said soldemnly.

He nodded to Francis and then went into the room with Darrian. "First, I was asked if Mr Karyak had apologized to you yet over certain transgressions. I imagine you've both been busy, but I was asked to check in...and he's not here to do that yet, which is another worry altogether.

"No Mr Karyak have not apologized and while I do not wish to be rude Mr Roth Hicks I am very skeptical about working with the man again in the future, he is rash, impulsive and ruls only by his emotions and not his head."
The alchemist said and sigh.
"I can however perhaps relieve your worries a little Sodalis I got a call from one of the Deacons at Westchapel, Miss Bouchard and the two Verbena healers have made a pit stop in the old Nephandi auto shop, the rescued Tecnocrat did not want to return to his own due to fear of what the other Union men would do to him since he had been captured by the Nephandi for some time, so our allies ae setting him up to give him a chance to try to run. I have not heard from Mr Karyak or the werewolves though, I just spoke with one of his shapeshifter friends and they are quite worried."

Second, I would like your input on a sensitive matter. The magick-confining serum that the Technocracy developed that we've been using has potentially deadly unwanted side effects in the long term, it seems to harm the brain of awakened mages if used more than three days. Additionally, it is a rather painful injection to take. There is a hedge wizard woman that may require long term use of this serum. However, she is quite traumatized due to...the fact she was experimented upon and naturally anything medical terrifies her and I am not sure if this will harm her in the long term or if the injury is only for awakened magii.

"I would have to examine the serum to be able to give you a good reply Mr Roth Hicks but I can say as much that I doubt it is only Awakened magi that would be at risk, I briefely spoke with Dr Lee and it seams byproducts from the serum collect at the pineal gland I do believe this will happen to anyone you i ject with the foul stuff, hedge wizard, sleeper, even an animal and that is quite concerning. I do believe that if Dr Lee's initial findings is that using the serum for only three days are safe then that is probably true, he said that build up had already happend in the brain of your young brother though not fatally so."
Darrian said and frowned.

It stands to reason, caution is prudent. However, if she must use this serum until we find another alternative, is there a way to make something like it, or to transform it so it does not need to be taken as an injection? A potion, or something to inhale, for example?"

"I could make something like it which are safer given time, material and someone willing to let me test it on them, however this will take time as keeping a mage from their magick without having to constantly keep a spell on them is not easy. Again I would have to examine th serum to be able to tell for sure but generally if something is designed around one particular delivery method it is not easy to make it work with another and even if I where to find a way modifying the serum would likely take just as long as developing a new potion...have you considered a Binding Oath though? It is a permanent enchantment if done right and with enough power behind it and if worded wisely should both give you the same control over this hedge wizard and you can let her use her magic now and again to keep her from feeling quite so trapped."
The alchemist continued.
"You said she had been experimented on though Sodalis, do we know what was done to her?"

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah I know that now. Still, sometimes I slip back into that bad habit from time to time." Serge said with a nervous smile.

"I think that if we are going to improve on ourselvves Serge we must go slowly, chaing the way we think is not easy."
Paul said and he smiled.
"Despite being top of his class at a prestigious collage studing two complicated fields, being a high ranking MtG tournament player and generally being a good person my borther often feels worthless since he is a little plump, we all have our issues."

Serge read through it carefully and nodded to show that he understood. He hadn't actually realized how hurt Paul was and was a little surprised by the amount of injuries he possessed.

He then looked back at Paul and said, "Seeing the emotions of others can get a bit annoying after a while. If you don't want to see it then you don't have to. Remember, your in control of your own magick. The way you want to view the world is how you'll view it. Your thoughts will shape your perceptions. Just concentrate on how you want to view the world."

"Consentrating on how I want to view the world? I do not understand...and I do not understand how I see these colors either...how can I change the way I do something I do not even know how I did in the first place, you say I have control of this but it sure do not feel like it."
Paul said and he sounded confused, tired and frustrated.

"His magick will be taken from him permanently and then....well....after all the things he's done....he'll probably be sentenced to death." Serge said honestly.

"So one can loose one's magick as well?"
The wounded man asked.
"Also ehm...magick users have their own society and execute one another? Would not that be considered murder if the police found out?"
He asked nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:24 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"That sounds like something that will earn you allot of Paradox one day."
Allison said and sigh.
"But I guess seeing the future can be really useful."
Colin nodded, then frowned, "Actually, I'm not sure if I get Paradox for doing things in timelines that no longer happen... There were at least four future timelines, I think, that I have thoroughly changed without actually using magic in the present, but in the futures in which those timelines took place before I acted on foreknowledge... Agh, I had best not think too hard on it - I'll only get a headache."

"That is not how any Tribunal will see it Mr Wainwright they will see a Quesitor doing her job in hunting down a Nephanda not someone who is irrational, making this claim will hurt your case not help it and you can not mention having made a deal with this Handler as that would be illegal, very illegal, that you happened to talk her into helping that is in a legal gray area but making the claim Master D'Angelo acted irrationally in attacking a Nephandus you had made a deal with, well you can yourself hear how that will sound."
Udella said sternly.
He nodded, then held up Dalisse's Tass, "A mostly fair assessment, however... the Handler is not Fallen, and this piece of Tass is proof - directly from the fair lady herself. And I would not suggest in a trial that the Quaesitor was irrational in attacking a suspected Fallen individual, though I might question her willingness to violate the armistice I'd arranged for us to clean out the Labyrinth. Of course, I would not be surprised to find she'd already have ample arguments ready for why she would overrule the agreement made by a mere Orphan, even if that would force a breaking of his word... And she'd probably use that to put me on trial for breaking the Third Protocol, as well."

"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright, then again, an old and powerful rote that while simple have been perfected over the centuries might not be as easy to modify as you think without loosing some of what makes it such a good spell that the Order of Hermes was formed around it's invention."
The old Quesitor commented and she sounded a bit skeptical.
He nodded, "Absolutely, I am quite aware that whatever I might come up with on short notice will be significantly weaker. I am also aware of that most such diminuition in power will be a trade-off in pursuit of masking the underlying spell. Also, I am under the impression that the newer version is a fair bit more potent, but also more complex, whereas the variant I was taught is, well, still powerful, but far simpler in structure. I did not mean to dismiss the genius of Bonisagus, by any means."

"I will have to look into other ways to hold her magick supressed then...perhaps a binding oath as that might give her the chance to stretch her wings a bit when given premission, I might be able to sell that in as an alternative. All the same though do you know anyone I can contact to learn more about how this cure against the damage the serum do works?"
She asked and frowned.
He nodded, "Today, there's only one person, really - my Cabalmate, Dr. Lee. He's the only medically trained person to date who has performed the experimental treatment. And, for that matter, the necessary scans using lich blood in the contrast fluid."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I will contact these two induviduals and then give my client their names and recomend that he contact them. I do hope the man will get better poor man he...have gotten quite traumatized by his experience."
Udella said then she raised an eyebrow.
"A Verbena/Sons of Ether dual Tradition member? Now that is rare."
He smiled wryly, "She is indeed rare. Ah, perhaps I ought to mention, Dr. Mossly is not physically a woman, shall we say... she just lives as one. Some people might be a little confused by that... The first time she and I meet, after the good Mr. D'Angelo pulls a dirty trick to try to 'accidentally' have Anna die in the clinic during an unannounced examination, I really didn't have the time to look twice or worry about it. And there was never a need to pry into the matter later."
He frowned, "Speaking of that little maneuver, when the time comes, we will need you to come straight to the clinic, spitting fury and hellfire over the quite illegal and improper medical examination of my apprentice."

((OOC: Alright, I'll give another hint - the Pope in question was Gregory XIII. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:34 am

Fran listened to your words and then when you where finished speaking she nodded. "That makes allot of sense actually Adley, and one day we will stop them, we will stop their corruption for good and the world while it will not be perfect, it can never be perfect but it will become better for it, we will stop them and for now, today while costly we won...we won and the world get to continue spinning until the time we can stop them for good." The death magus said soldemnly.

"Like I said, I think your Tradition understands that aspect...better is better than worse, even if it's not perfect. Well, I'm sure I'm missing some things, too...anyway, I hope we can have time to talk when things are calmer, when we've had some rest."

"No Mr Karyak have not apologized and while I do not wish to be rude Mr Roth Hicks I am very skeptical about working with the man again in the future, he is rash, impulsive and ruls only by his emotions and not his head." The alchemist said and sigh.

"Being honest isn't the same as being rude, sir. Do let me know if he tries to make amends...if he comes back, at least." He tipped his head.

"I can however perhaps relieve your worries a little Sodalis I got a call from one of the Deacons at Westchapel, Miss Bouchard and the two Verbena healers have made a pit stop in the old Nephandi auto shop, the rescued Tecnocrat did not want to return to his own due to fear of what the other Union men would do to him since he had been captured by the Nephandi for some time, so our allies ae setting him up to give him a chance to try to run. I have not heard from Mr Karyak or the werewolves though, I just spoke with one of his shapeshifter friends and they are quite worried."[/quote]

"That is some good news, at least we know where some of them are...a runaway Technocrat, hrm? He is not in a good state, but if he is deserting I suppose he is no longer our enemy."

"I would have to examine the serum to be able to give you a good reply Mr Roth Hicks but I can say as much that I doubt it is only Awakened magi that would be at risk, I briefely spoke with Dr Lee and it seams byproducts from the serum collect at the pineal gland I do believe this will happen to anyone you i ject with the foul stuff, hedge wizard, sleeper, even an animal and that is quite concerning. I do believe that if Dr Lee's initial findings is that using the serum for only three days are safe then that is probably true, he said that build up had already happend in the brain of your young brother though not fatally so."

He sighed. "That is what I was afraid of; in that case, I need some solution in haste."

"I could make something like it which are safer given time, material and someone willing to let me test it on them, however this will take time as keeping a mage from their magick without having to constantly keep a spell on them is not easy. Again I would have to examine th serum to be able to tell for sure but generally if something is designed around one particular delivery method it is not easy to make it work with another and even if I where to find a way modifying the serum would likely take just as long as developing a new potion...have you considered a Binding Oath though? It is a permanent enchantment if done right and with enough power behind it and if worded wisely should both give you the same control over this hedge wizard and you can let her use her magic now and again to keep her from feeling quite so trapped."
The alchemist continued. "You said she had been experimented on though Sodalis, do we know what was done to her?"

"Someone to test on is bound to be a problem fraught with ethical concerns, of course. Hrm, maybe developing something safer then but either case it takes time that I simply do not have." He looked unhappy a moment, and a bit frustrated. "Jace, that's what was done to her, and that is really all that needs to be said. That and her being a slave in that Labyrinth." He glanced up. "No, I don't know if such a thing has been discussed...or would be allowed but I will bring it up for consideration, it is a thin line and I am trying to minimize suffering. Can you tell me about it please?"

// lol, thanks!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:07 am

Anja's Post:

'Which is a bit of a problem if the Mirrorshades link it to you.' Nicole replied. 'They really should issue fake ID's to every person as routine.' giving a nod to Violet.

'Here's the problem. I want to take this car back to my place. But the other car here is also mine. And you two need to get back to wherever your place is. Going to have a little chat with Mr Shade, I am.' picking up her rifle, checking the action out of habit . 'Oh, and keep an eye out for the drop off.' grabbing the two wads of cash intended for the Technocrat and Thorn's chantry and shoving them in different pockets.

[It says so on her profile: 14th August.]

[I really have no idea... you've utterly lost me with Popes...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:26 am

Colin nodded, then frowned, "Actually, I'm not sure if I get Paradox for doing things in timelines that no longer happen... There were at least four future timelines, I think, that I have thoroughly changed without actually using magic in the present, but in the futures in which those timelines took place before I acted on foreknowledge... Agh, I had best not think too hard on it - I'll only get a headache."

"I suspect you or future you would still get the Paradox, you have still changed things."
The young mage said
"But it is not like I am an expert on the matter."
Allison commented.

He nodded, then held up Dalisse's Tass, "A mostly fair assessment, however... the Handler is not Fallen, and this piece of Tass is proof - directly from the fair lady herself.

"Neither is Allison and neither are quite a fw Infernalists that do not mean that when they work with Nephandi as part of the Nephandi then that is how they will be seen. That Dalisse is not Fallen and decided to help the Traditions might help you if someone ever accuse you of working with the Nephandi as you can claim she where leaving her former faction and you where helping her to do that, it will however give nothing to any claim that Master D'Angelo acted wrong in any way in attacking her."
Udella said and shook her head.

And I would not suggest in a trial that the Quaesitor was irrational in attacking a suspected Fallen individual, though I might question her willingness to violate the armistice I'd arranged for us to clean out the Labyrinth. Of course, I would not be surprised to find she'd already have ample arguments ready for why she would overrule the agreement made by a mere Orphan, even if that would force a breaking of his word... And she'd probably use that to put me on trial for breaking the Third Protocol, as well."

"Dalisse where working with the Nephandi she is not a suspected Nephandus she is a Nephandus and while her not being Fallen might put you working with her enough into a legal gray area that you will not be sentenced for it, no fault can be found for any Traditionalist deciding to attack her, in this you have no argument that will hold Mr Wainwright."
She said and sigh.

He nodded, "Absolutely, I am quite aware that whatever I might come up with on short notice will be significantly weaker. I am also aware of that most such diminuition in power will be a trade-off in pursuit of masking the underlying spell. Also, I am under the impression that the newer version is a fair bit more potent, but also more complex, whereas the variant I was taught is, well, still powerful, but far simpler in structure. I did not mean to dismiss the genius of Bonisagus, by any means."

Udella just nodded at this.
"Well it will be interesting to see what you can come up with Mr Wainwright."
She said simply.

He nodded, "Today, there's only one person, really - my Cabalmate, Dr. Lee. He's the only medically trained person to date who has performed the experimental treatment. And, for that matter, the necessary scans using lich blood in the contrast fluid."

"I am going to have to contact Dr Lee then and ask for his aid for my apprentice and for my client."
Udella said though she still looked rather concerned.

He smiled wryly, "She is indeed rare. Ah, perhaps I ought to mention, Dr. Mossly is not physically a woman, shall we say... she just lives as one. Some people might be a little confused by that...

"While it might confuse me a little why she as a Verbena do not change her body to fit with the gender she live as, it really is none of my concern and whatever makes her happy about herself."
The old Enforcer said and nodded.

The first time she and I meet, after the good Mr. D'Angelo pulls a dirty trick to try to 'accidentally' have Anna die in the clinic during an unannounced examination, I really didn't have the time to look twice or worry about it. And there was never a need to pry into the matter later."

Udella frowned at that.
"I understand, and there is no way you can change this future and protect your student? Hum...no I suppose an attack you know will happen and where you might get more rope to hang the twins with is better than an attack you will not see coming, even so it must be hard knowing this will happen and not...protecting her against it."

He frowned, "Speaking of that little maneuver, when the time comes, we will need you to come straight to the clinic, spitting fury and hellfire over the quite illegal and improper medical examination of my apprentice."

"Spitting fury is something I can do, especially when an Enforcer abuse their power, being a judge should be a service offered the Traditions, not something to hide behind to treat others badly."
The old Quesitor said angrily.
"If what you describe happens to Anna I will make sure the guilty party pays for it."

"Like I said, I think your Tradition understands that aspect...better is better than worse, even if it's not perfect. Well, I'm sure I'm missing some things, too...anyway, I hope we can have time to talk when things are calmer, when we've had some rest."

"Yes better than worse is always better."
Fran said and she smiled sadly.
"And you are correct Euthanathoi have to learn that lesson in order to do what we do."
She added then she smiled a little.
"Yes a talk when we have had the time to rest would be nice."

"Being honest isn't the same as being rude, sir. Do let me know if he tries to make amends...if he comes back, at least." He tipped his head.

"Well I hope the young man have not gotten himself into to much trouble. I will let you know if he apologizes and if I hear from him. I have asked Mundi to keep an eye out for him and the werewolves so he might spot them before we do."
Darrian said and ndoded.

"That is some good news, at least we know where some of them are...a runaway Technocrat, hrm? He is not in a good state, but if he is deserting I suppose he is no longer our enemy."

"I think the thought was that if the man want to defect we have no obligation to deliver him back to the Union and if we give him a fighting chance to get away perhaps one day he will become an ally, it is worth a shot at least."
The alchemist commented.

He sighed. "That is what I was afraid of; in that case, I need some solution in haste."

"I am sorry I could not bring better news Sodalis."
Darrian said and sigh.

"Someone to test on is bound to be a problem fraught with ethical concerns, of course.

"I do not see this as an etical problem Sodalis, I am not this Wallace Jace person, when I ask for help to test the efficiency of a potion or concoction first of all I would have already determined that it is physically safe to drink, and I would as for an volenteer to do so after they had been told about any risks that might be involved. At worst a failed potion would taste horrible and give a bit of a stomach ache or other minor symptom at best it would work and would block the person taking it from their magick for a few hours."
The alchemist defended himself.
"I force no one I ask for assistence."

Hrm, maybe developing something safer then but either case it takes time that I simply do not have." He looked unhappy a moment, and a bit frustrated.

"I am an achemist Sodalis my Paradigm are rather slow I am afraid and to create something usable I need to refine and destroy and refine again substances many time utnil the desired purity are achieved."
Darrian said sadly.

"Jace, that's what was done to her, and that is really all that needs to be said. That and her being a slave in that Labyrinth." He glanced up.

"Please forgive me for saying so Sodalis but Jace happened to her is not much of a diagnosis if she collapse from her old injuries. By finding out what was done to her my intent was to find out if she have some condition that should be treated before it develop further and also know if anything done to her could pose a danger to the rest of us. If you find me in my laberatory unconsious he had a lab accident might be a fair assessment but it will help little in treating my injuries, you would want to know if I where posioned by some gas, where thrown against the wall in some expolosion or if I have just slipped into Quiet from Paradox to know what to do next."
The Solificato said patiently.
"It is the same with whatever injuries young Cecilia might have, seeing the others we rescued...who knows what her condition might be."

"No, I don't know if such a thing has been discussed...or would be allowed but I will bring it up for consideration, it is a thin line and I am trying to minimize suffering. Can you tell me about it please?"

"The Binding Oath are an old Hermetic spell though other Traditions have versions of it as well, it was developed by House Guernicus, it was to vis costly to be used to restrain prisoners but it was often used as a lesser punishment when an alternative to Wizard's March had to be found often paying the cost of the spell where part of the punishment."
Darrian begun.
"Basically The Binding Oath force a Geas onto the target, usually the price of breaking it was death but it could be anything, Verbena often invoke a similar rote to bring bad fortune to anyone who betray their Coven. My suggjestion would be a Binding Oath on Miss Cecilia preventing her from using magick or leaving the Chantry, perhaps with a few other added restrictions, without leave from you or whoever else will be responsible for her and the Deacon Council. this way she will be able to be allowed to study magic and enjoy her powers when you deam it safe but she can not use it in harmful ways and also she can help defend the Chantry if need be. Depending on how the Binding Oath are cast there should be no pain, and you can have the spell kill her, knock her unconcious or anything else you deam needed if she should break it. The only problem is that such an enchantment cost allot of Tass to create, then again using the serum long term is costly as well."

[Nicole] (At the old auto shop 4 in the afternoon.)

'Which is a bit of a problem if the Mirrorshades link it to you.' Nicole replied. 'They really should issue fake ID's to every person as routine.' giving a nod to Violet.

"But...I am a nursing student I need my id to be a student Miss. I guess that the Union could trace me but I am just a nursing student."
The young Verbena protested confused.

'Here's the problem. I want to take this car back to my place. But the other car here is also mine. And you two need to get back to wherever your place is. Going to have a little chat with Mr Shade, I am.' picking up her rifle, checking the action out of habit . 'Oh, and keep an eye out for the drop off.' grabbing the two wads of cash intended for the Technocrat and Thorn's chantry and shoving them in different pockets.

"You live at Steelhaven right Miss? I could drive one of the cars back there and then take the buss back to Riverside."
She said and thorn shook his head.
"You are coming back to Westchapel with me but we can take the bus or if anyone else from there are at Steelhaven we can ask for a ride."
The Verbena said then he nodded.
"I will keep a look out."
He agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 am

Anja's Post:

'No, you're a Reality Deviant and a threat to everyone around you.' Nicole replied to Violet, body language making it clear this wasn't her own opinion. 'A fatal weakness, it is; we're still people who do normal shit and the Union has their claws in the big databases. Now cops are starting to use things like facial rec-on-ition-' this pronounced slowly, as though unfamiliar '-technology. So sure as hell the Union's got much better shit.' ending with a shrug, making it clear the large woman didn't have any ideas on what to do about this.

Anja's Post:

'I'll have a think about it.'
she said, giving a nod and going into the store to talk to their prisoner-rescuee...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:49 am

'No, you're a Reality Deviant and a threat to everyone around you.' Nicole replied to Violet, body language making it clear this wasn't her own opinion. 'A fatal weakness, it is; we're still people who do normal shit and the Union has their claws in the big databases. Now cops are starting to use things like facial rec-on-ition-' this pronounced slowly, as though unfamiliar '-technology. So sure as hell the Union's got much better shit.' ending with a shrug, making it clear the large woman didn't have any ideas on what to do about this.

"But it is so unfair I do not hurt anyone, I am a normal person, yeah sue I can work magick but all in all I am a person I need and education and a job, it is not like with some Awakened who can just sign out of society we are all still human or at least most of us are."
Violet protested.
"I know you are right off course Miss but what...what can we do about it?"

'I'll have a think about it.' she said, giving a nod

"Ok let me know then Miss."
Violet said and nodded.

and going into the store to talk to their prisoner-rescuee...

The Technocrat had fallen asleep leaned against one of the walls, he had been through so much and even if he had been healed he as still exchausted and when he could relax a little bit with the promise of freedom is fatuige had overwealmed him and he had fallen asleep.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:34 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"I suspect you or future you would still get the Paradox, you have still changed things."
The young mage said
"But it is not like I am an expert on the matter."
Allison commented.
Colin shrugged, "I guess I will find out..."

"Neither is Allison and neither are quite a fw Infernalists that do not mean that when they work with Nephandi as part of the Nephandi then that is how they will be seen. That Dalisse is not Fallen and decided to help the Traditions might help you if someone ever accuse you of working with the Nephandi as you can claim she where leaving her former faction and you where helping her to do that, it will however give nothing to any claim that Master D'Angelo acted wrong in any way in attacking her."
Udella said and shook her head.
He nodded, "And D'Angelo made some quite sharp assertions regarding that. I don't think she attacked the Handler, though - unless she fancied risking finding herself on board a great polyp speeding into the Deep Umbra under its own power before she could evacuate."

"Dalisse where working with the Nephandi she is not a suspected Nephandus she is a Nephandus and while her not being Fallen might put you working with her enough into a legal gray area that you will not be sentenced for it, no fault can be found for any Traditionalist deciding to attack her, in this you have no argument that will hold Mr Wainwright."
She said and sigh.
He nodded, pocketing the Tass again, "Hence my reason for securing this piece of Tass, to prove the Handler's Resonance for that argument... and, of course, I will heed my solicitor's advice."

Udella just nodded at this.
"Well it will be interesting to see what you can come up with Mr Wainwright."
She said simply.
He smiled thinly, "Masking it first, trying to improve on it second."

"I am going to have to contact Dr Lee then and ask for his aid for my apprentice and for my client."
Udella said though she still looked rather concerned.
He nodded, "I'm sure we can find time for introductions tonight."

"While it might confuse me a little why she as a Verbena do not change her body to fit with the gender she live as, it really is none of my concern and whatever makes her happy about herself."
He nodded, "Perhaps she is not comfortable with causing radical physical changes in anyone. But yes, not our concern."

Udella frowned at that.
"I understand, and there is no way you can change this future and protect your student? Hum...no I suppose an attack you know will happen and where you might get more rope to hang the twins with is better than an attack you will not see coming, even so it must be hard knowing this will happen and not...protecting her against it."
He shook his head, "Not without risking a similar sneaky maneuver I cannot react to as quickly... Besides, in addition to the aforementioned rope, the incident will ascertain her safety - proving that her health is not anywhere near strong enough to... make an attempt on her Avatar. And... it is painful, knowing this will happen. Fortunately, I also know a bit about which guards will be responsible for the illegal handover, so I fully well intend to bottle a few interesting punishments for them. Nothing that will harm their Avatars, of course, just making them think that's what's happening... over and over..."

"Spitting fury is something I can do, especially when an Enforcer abuse their power, being a judge should be a service offered the Traditions, not something to hide behind to treat others badly."
The old Quesitor said angrily.
"If what you describe happens to Anna I will make sure the guilty party pays for it."
He smiled darkly, "I think perhaps that day would be the perfect day to hand Master Tolle the entire dossier on the Italians and the Florentine case, wouldn't you say? The straw that broke the camel's back, as they say?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Colin shrugged, "I guess I will find out..."

"I guess you will Sir when the time comes."
Allison said and shrugged.

He nodded, "And D'Angelo made some quite sharp assertions regarding that. I don't think she attacked the Handler, though - unless she fancied risking finding herself on board a great polyp speeding into the Deep Umbra under its own power before she could evacuate."

"Well I guess Master D'Angelo wisened up a little then before she got herself stuck on an Umbral ship, she would have survived the Deep Umbra though, most of the team though would not."
Udella said and nodded.

He nodded, pocketing the Tass again, "Hence my reason for securing this piece of Tass, to prove the Handler's Resonance for that argument... and, of course, I will heed my solicitor's advice."

"That will be useful if accusations about you dealing i Nephandi are made what we can hope though is that Master Tolle will look at th scans of your Avatar and a sample of her core if needed and come to a ruling that is favorable without involving a trial at a tribunal as such a thing could be dragging on quite a bit."

He smiled thinly, "Masking it first, trying to improve on it second."

Udella just nodded at that.

He nodded, "I'm sure we can find time for introductions tonight."

"Ah good good I will leave it to you then."
She said and smiled.

He nodded, "Perhaps she is not comfortable with causing radical physical changes in anyone. But yes, not our concern."

"Perhaps to her being a woman is more than her physical body but yes it feels rude to discuss this woman's physiology it is an intimate thing after all."
Udella said and nodded.
"So let us change the topic."

He shook his head, "Not without risking a similar sneaky maneuver I cannot react to as quickly... Besides, in addition to the aforementioned rope, the incident will ascertain her safety - proving that her health is not anywhere near strong enough to... make an attempt on her Avatar. And... it is painful, knowing this will happen. Fortunately, I also know a bit about which guards will be responsible for the illegal handover, so I fully well intend to bottle a few interesting punishments for them. Nothing that will harm their Avatars, of course, just making them think that's what's happening... over and over..."

"You are probably right Mr Wainwwright that if Anna's life is put in danger by this episode then she would never survive...that...meaning a angry, quite powerful Avatar will have been pulled out of a host and then be free to act, that could get us a favorable ruling, as for your intended punishment for the guards that hand her off though you might get into some legal trouble for that, unless done in self defense attaching someone and inplanting such memories would be considered quite aggrevated assult."
Udella said and she raised an eyebrow.

He smiled darkly, "I think perhaps that day would be the perfect day to hand Master Tolle the entire dossier on the Italians and the Florentine case, wouldn't you say? The straw that broke the camel's back, as they say?"

"Ah yes...a perfect time indeed. Let us make sure the dossier is good and full by that time then."
The old Enforcer said with a bit of a sly smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:11 pm

"I am sorry I could not bring better news Sodalis." Darrian said and sigh.

"Just puts more fire under the pan so to speak. Have to figure something out."

"I do not see this as an etical problem Sodalis, I am not this Wallace Jace person, when I ask for help to test the efficiency of a potion or concoction first of all I would have already determined that it is physically safe to drink, and I would as for an volenteer to do so after they had been told about any risks that might be involved. At worst a failed potion would taste horrible and give a bit of a stomach ache or other minor symptom at best it would work and would block the person taking it from their magick for a few hours." The alchemist defended himself. "I force no one I ask for assistence."

"Pardon, I didn't mean to imply otherwise sir," he said with his hands up.

"I am an achemist Sodalis my Paradigm are rather slow I am afraid and to create something usable I need to refine and destroy and refine again substances many time utnil the desired purity are achieved." Darrian said sadly.

"If you destroy it, how do you refine it into something else?" he asked. "We'll need a stopgap in the meantime..."

"Please forgive me for saying so Sodalis but Jace happened to her is not much of a diagnosis if she collapse from her old injuries. By finding out what was done to her my intent was to find out if she have some condition that should be treated before it develop further and also know if anything done to her could pose a danger to the rest of us. If you find me in my laberatory unconsious he had a lab accident might be a fair assessment but it will help little in treating my injuries, you would want to know if I where posioned by some gas, where thrown against the wall in some expolosion or if I have just slipped into Quiet from Paradox to know what to do next."
The Solificato said patiently.
"It is the same with whatever injuries young Cecilia might have, seeing the others we rescued...who knows what her condition might be."

"The problem is that she's terrified of doctors or anything resembling the lab or any similar situation which would trigger her. I might be able to see if she'll allow on of the Verbena to see if she's alright, but Jace's experimentation upon her...even speaking about it sends her back to that experience and further traumatizes her."

"The Binding Oath are an old Hermetic spell though other Traditions have versions of it as well, it was developed by House Guernicus, it was to vis costly to be used to restrain prisoners but it was often used as a lesser punishment when an alternative to Wizard's March had to be found often paying the cost of the spell where part of the punishment." Darrian begun. "Basically The Binding Oath force a Geas onto the target, usually the price of breaking it was death but it could be anything, Verbena often invoke a similar rote to bring bad fortune to anyone who betray their Coven. My suggjestion would be a Binding Oath on Miss Cecilia preventing her from using magick or leaving the Chantry, perhaps with a few other added restrictions, without leave from you or whoever else will be responsible for her and the Deacon Council. this way she will be able to be allowed to study magic and enjoy her powers when you deam it safe but she can not use it in harmful ways and also she can help defend the Chantry if need be. Depending on how the Binding Oath are cast there should be no pain, and you can have the spell kill her, knock her unconcious or anything else you deam needed if she should break it. The only problem is that such an enchantment cost allot of Tass to create, then again using the serum long term is costly as well."

"It's something to try. How much tass are we talking about here? And who would know how to weave such a powerful spell, sir?"

// @Nicole: ah, missed it. Victory Day then? RI has the most holidays of any state I think
ooc2: time magick, where you get 'dox and don't even remember why because the whole timeline was negated xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:58 pm

"Just puts more fire under the pan so to speak. Have to figure something out."

"Well the last week have not given us much time to take something in a laisury pace."
Darrian agreed and sigh.

"Pardon, I didn't mean to imply otherwise sir," he said with his hands up.

"I ehm...please forgive my outbust Sodalis I might be tired...it have been a long day."
The alchemist said apologetically.

"If you destroy it, how do you refine it into something else?" he asked. "We'll need a stopgap in the meantime..."

"For many plants the first step is to let it decay or burn it and then continue the refining process."
The Solificato said.
"Agreed we need to find an stopgap the problem is what?"

"The problem is that she's terrified of doctors or anything resembling the lab or any similar situation which would trigger her. I might be able to see if she'll allow on of the Verbena to see if she's alright, but Jace's experimentation upon her...even speaking about it sends her back to that experience and further traumatizes her."

"Ah I see that do complicate matters, it is probably best not to traumatize the young woman further."
Darrian said and sigh.
"I would recomend seeing if one of the Verbena might be able to examine her without it scaring her but perhaps the most important thing is trying to win her trust."
He shook his head.
"Damn that Jace...what he have done to...so many and who know how many he have tortured to death with his experiments before he was taken down."

"It's something to try. How much tass are we talking about here? And who would know how to weave such a powerful spell, sir?"

"Primus Steelhaven would have been taught the rote due to his House and he is powerful enough to cast it, perhaps your Mentor as well and Mara O'Conner. I am not sure of the exact amount but I am thinking ten drams or perhaps more."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:14 pm

"I ehm...please forgive my outbust Sodalis I might be tired...it have been a long day." The alchemist said apologetically.

"No, it's alright it was my fault."

"For many plants the first step is to let it decay or burn it and then continue the refining process." The Solificato said. "Agreed we need to find an stopgap the problem is what?"

"Huh, that reminds me of something I just said a few minutes ago."

"Ah I see that do complicate matters, it is probably best not to traumatize the young woman further." Darrian said and sigh. "I would recomend seeing if one of the Verbena might be able to examine her without it scaring her but perhaps the most important thing is trying to win her trust." He shook his head. "Damn that Jace...what he have done to...so many and who know how many he have tortured to death with his experiments before he was taken down."

"Even being in the infirmary freaked her out really badly," he said. "I will see if someone can look her over, but right now she's got so much going on I'm not sure if it would do more harm than good to push the matter. Yes, he...was truly terrible but we did get him."

"Primus Steelhaven would have been taught the rote due to his House and he is powerful enough to cast it, perhaps your Mentor as well and Mara O'Conner. I am not sure of the exact amount but I am thinking ten drams or perhaps more."

"That is a lot of tass...especially considering how much we just used and our standing wards. Well, I guess I should start learning how to make my own but that will take time too. But at least it is an idea, one that will hopefully not cause the damage the serum would. Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:29 pm

"No, it's alright it was my fault."

"Ah...let us just leave it at us both being tired and on edge and then at times words come out wrong Sodalis."
Darrian said with a slight smile.

"Huh, that reminds me of something I just said a few minutes ago."

"Really? Now you have me intruiged and if there where more time I might have asked you to tell me about it."
The Solificato said.

"Even being in the infirmary freaked her out really badly," he said. "I will see if someone can look her over, but right now she's got so much going on I'm not sure if it would do more harm than good to push the matter. Yes, he...was truly terrible but we did get him."

"I see, perhaps getting her a safe place to rest for now then might be more beneficial for her heath if she is that scared."
Darrian agreed.
"Poor woman, I hope a solution can be found that do not involve scaring her more. As for Jace yes we got him but there was as you know a great cost to that...I will admit to breathing easier though when he is out of our Chantry and have been sent to Horizon to be...dealt with...there are few who deserve the horrible fate that await him but Jace Wallace is one of them."
He said darkly.

"That is a lot of tass...especially considering how much we just used and our standing wards. Well, I guess I should start learning how to make my own but that will take time too. But at least it is an idea, one that will hopefully not cause the damage the serum would. Thank you."

"I might be able to provide a few drams I have a little buffer stored up, for Mundi you know he is a powerful familliar it would not do to leave him to starve if something happened, but I can not cover such a cost alone."
Darrian said and shook his head.
"Making Tass takes times and it means you need accsess to raw Quintessence which is far rarer than the ability to crystalize it into vis. Anyway it is one idea, the only one I can come up with if you think restraining her magick is needed. I mean she is one hedge wizard who are dependant on us to protect her and give her a place to stay and from what she said when she surrendered to protect her child, I doubt she will cause trouble, if it was up to me, which it is not, I would just keep an eye on her but not restrain her I do not se the need."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm

"I think that if we are going to improve on ourselvves Serge we must go slowly, chaing the way we think is not easy."
Paul said and he smiled.
"Despite being top of his class at a prestigious collage studing two complicated fields, being a high ranking MtG tournament player and generally being a good person my borther often feels worthless since he is a little plump, we all have our issues."

"I guess we do all have our own unique little quirks. Anyways your brother plays in tournaments? Wow! That makes him infinity cooler than me. Has he ever won any tournaments?" Serge said changing to topic to something else besides his issues.

"Consentrating on how I want to view the world? I do not understand...and I do not understand how I see these colors either...how can I change the way I do something I do not even know how I did in the first place, you say I have control of this but it sure do not feel like it."
Paul said and he sounded confused, tired and frustrated.

"Don't get frustrated. There's no rush for you to do this. If you keep saying you can't than it'll be impossible for you to change anything. Half the battle in magick is believing that you can do it. That belief and imagination is what fuels all of what we do." Serge said.

"You know that you did it and you know what the world looked like before you did it. You began to see these colors by accidentally piercing the illusion that hides all of this information from us. Now you need to bring that illusion back. Now close your eyes, take small deep breath, and remember how you viewed the world before all of this craziness. The simplicity of life, feeding your turtles and watching the fish. It's as simple as remembering a memory. No colors, just you and the perception of the world that you were born with. Unaltered and unchanged. Concentrate and focus solely on wanting to see that world and when you open your eyes you should see it."

"So one can loose one's magick as well?"
The wounded man asked.
"Also ehm...magick users have their own society and execute one another? Would not that be considered murder if the police found out?"
He asked nervously.

"If you abuse your magick and hurt innocent people on purpose then yes you can lose your magick." Serge confirmed.

"And we do have our own little society where we police each other. We follow normal laws and laws we make for ourselves. I'm sure it would be considered unethical by police that we have the death penalty. Hell, even some people in our little magickal society hate it and want to change it. But it isn't something that's handed down lightly and imprisoning someone as powerful as that guy could cause some problems."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:54 pm

"Ah...let us just leave it at us both being tired and on edge and then at times words come out wrong Sodalis."
Darrian said with a slight smile.

"Thanks."

"Really? Now you have me intruiged and if there where more time I might have asked you to tell me about it."
The Solificato said.

"I'd like to talk to you about it later, then."

"I see, perhaps getting her a safe place to rest for now then might be more beneficial for her heath if she is that scared." Darrian agreed. "Poor woman, I hope a solution can be found that do not involve scaring her more. As for Jace yes we got him but there was as you know a great cost to that...I will admit to breathing easier though when he is out of our Chantry and have been sent to Horizon to be...dealt with...there are few who deserve the horrible fate that await him but Jace Wallace is one of them."
He said darkly.

"Yes, it will be better when they've been removed from here."

"I might be able to provide a few drams I have a little buffer stored up, for Mundi you know he is a powerful familliar it would not do to leave him to starve if something happened, but I can not cover such a cost alone." Darrian said and shook his head. "Making Tass takes times and it means you need accsess to raw Quintessence which is far rarer than the ability to crystalize it into vis. Anyway it is one idea, the only one I can come up with if you think restraining her magick is needed. I mean she is one hedge wizard who are dependant on us to protect her and give her a place to stay and from what she said when she surrendered to protect her child, I doubt she will cause trouble, if it was up to me, which it is not, I would just keep an eye on her but not restrain her I do not se the need."

He spread his fingers in a gesture of frustration. "She is also an infernalist who was a pawn of them. These choices are not strictly mine, either of course, but more options to suggest are better than one terrible one on top of the one bad one that already seems to have to happen. The safety of the chantry is paramount we know but we can try..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:17 pm

"I'd like to talk to you about it later, then."

"I will look forward to it Sodalis."
The alchemist said and nodded.

"Yes, it will be better when they've been removed from here."

"It will make me a whole lot less jumpy at least I do not like to think about how many Nephandi we currently have under our roof."
Darrian said with a concerned frown.

He spread his fingers in a gesture of frustration. "She is also an infernalist who was a pawn of them. These choices are not strictly mine, either of course, but more options to suggest are better than one terrible one on top of the one bad one that already seems to have to happen. The safety of the chantry is paramount we know but we can try..."

"This is true then again having someone under our roof that are constantly being hurt and traumatized until she finally snaps might be more dangerous than if she can cast a spell or two."
Darrian said.
"But I agree more options are always good I hope a good option can be found for her, she seams to be a sweet girl, only misguided."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"I guess we do all have our own unique little quirks. Anyways your brother plays in tournaments? Wow! That makes him infinity cooler than me. Has he ever won any tournaments?" Serge said changing to topic to something else besides his issues.

"He do play in tournaments, got a sponsor for the last one. He win smaller tournaments all the time but for the big ones he have not won any of them but have finished in the top eight in a few."
Paul said and nodded.
"He is pretty good, perhaps it is due to him being so good with numbers and math, it makes him really good at building decks."

"Don't get frustrated. There's no rush for you to do this. If you keep saying you can't than it'll be impossible for you to change anything. Half the battle in magick is believing that you can do it. That belief and imagination is what fuels all of what we do." Serge said.

"I do not understand, how can imagination change reality?"
Paul said he still sounded frustrated.

"You know that you did it and you know what the world looked like before you did it. You began to see these colors by accidentally piercing the illusion that hides all of this information from us. Now you need to bring that illusion back. Now close your eyes, take small deep breath, and remember how you viewed the world before all of this craziness. The simplicity of life, feeding your turtles and watching the fish. It's as simple as remembering a memory. No colors, just you and the perception of the world that you were born with. Unaltered and unchanged. Concentrate and focus solely on wanting to see that world and when you open your eyes you should see it."

The wounded man did as you asked and he closed his eyes.
"I...I will try..."
He said and he was quiet for a while, consentrating then he opened his eyes again cautiously.
"I...I think it works I do not see the colors anymore."
He muttered then she sigh.
"My life before all this craziness seams so...so...far away though...like if it have never been."

"If you abuse your magick and hurt innocent people on purpose then yes you can lose your magick." Serge confirmed.

"Well more precicely Mr Fletcher our society will for some very few, rare crimes destroy the magick of another mage."
Allison said since she liked precicion and did not want to leave Paul with the impression that if he was a bad boy his new found magick would vanish on it's own.

"And we do have our own little society where we police each other. We follow normal laws and laws we make for ourselves. I'm sure it would be considered unethical by police that we have the death penalty. Hell, even some people in our little magickal society hate it and want to change it. But it isn't something that's handed down lightly and imprisoning someone as powerful as that guy could cause some problems."

"So ehm...it is a secret society then that police itself without the knowledge of the goverment?"
Paul asked.
"How have you managed to stay hidden?"
He asked.
"Magick."
Allison replied simply.
"Being careful Mr Fletcher and allot of magick."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:28 pm

"This is true then again having someone under our roof that are constantly being hurt and traumatized until she finally snaps might be more dangerous than if she can cast a spell or two." Darrian said. "But I agree more options are always good I hope a good option can be found for her, she seams to be a sweet girl, only misguided."

He sighed, looking quite conflicted over the whole situation. Then he said, "Thank you for your counsel; at least I have another idea to present. Which I should do now, I believe. Besides, I wouldn't want to keep dinner waiting with this many hungry magii," he added, standing to give Darrian a bow of his head.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:02 pm

He sighed, looking quite conflicted over the whole situation. Then he said, "Thank you for your counsel; at least I have another idea to present. Which I should do now, I believe. Besides, I wouldn't want to keep dinner waiting with this many hungry magii," he added, standing to give Darrian a bow of his head.

Darrian looked at you and sigh there was only so much he could do to help.
"You are quite welcome Sodalis I hope the situation will solve itself in a favorable way."
The alchemist said then he smiled a little.
"Ah no keeping this many hungry magi waiting would not be good as you said the safety of the Chantry is paramount. I should get back to the kitchen then, good luck with your problem Mr Roth Hicks."
He said and he returned the bow before heading back to the pots.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:50 pm

Anja's Post:

'And what gave you the idea that life was fair?' the large woman replied, raising an eyebrow. 'It's a game which is rigged by those in charge, always has been. Same deal with the Mirrorshades; they rig the game against us the best they can.'

Anja's Post:

Seeing he was having a well-needed nap, Nicole left him be; instead headed into the office. Goal; to find a couple of envelopes which she could put the wads of cash into.

[The old Victory Day, back when it was still tied to V-J Day. Felt it was slightly apt, as it's the only state which still celebrates it]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Darrian looked at you and sigh there was only so much he could do to help. "You are quite welcome Sodalis I hope the situation will solve itself in a favorable way."
The alchemist said then he smiled a little. "Ah no keeping this many hungry magi waiting would not be good as you said the safety of the Chantry is paramount. I should get back to the kitchen then, good luck with your problem Mr Roth Hicks." He said and he returned the bow before heading back to the pots.

"Thanks," he said and headed out after him, going back to his pater's office. If all seemed clear enough this time, he tapped on the door.

// I have a close then an opening shift, so I might not get another post till tomorrow afternoon. Just FYI

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:52 pm

'And what gave you the idea that life was fair?' the large woman replied, raising an eyebrow. 'It's a game which is rigged by those in charge, always has been. Same deal with the Mirrorshades; they rig the game against us the best they can.'

"I guess you are right Miss even so that is a pretty sad way of looking at it but I guess it is true, the Union wants us all dead, just for being mages. I heard that one of the Chief at Steelhaven's apprentices got grunned down on the street and he was my age."
Violet said and sigh.
"And that really sucks."

Seeing he was having a well-needed nap, Nicole left him be; instead headed into the office. Goal; to find a couple of envelopes which she could put the wads of cash into.

You did find a pack of envelopes in a drawer in the office, it was unused and still wrapped in plastic so it was even nice and clean.

"Thanks," he said and headed out after him, going back to his pater's office. If all seemed clear enough this time, he tapped on the door.

You saw Theodora standing outside the office alone now looking at her phone, she looked up when she saw you though.
"Ah Sodalis I was just sending you a message, your Mentor asked me to tell you to come in when you came back here, I sent Cecilia into the office ahead of you, he also gave me your number so I could let you know to come and see him."
The Tytalus said and showed you the half written message on her phone which said exactly what she had just told you.

(OOC: Ok thank you for letting me know but do not worry about it real life comes first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next