Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:37 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Well I guess Master D'Angelo wisened up a little then before she got herself stuck on an Umbral ship, she would have survived the Deep Umbra though, most of the team though would not."
Udella said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Survive the Deep Umbra, perhaps. Survive a hangry polyp, perhaps not so much."

"That will be useful if accusations about you dealing i Nephandi are made what we can hope though is that Master Tolle will look at th scans of your Avatar and a sample of her core if needed and come to a ruling that is favorable without involving a trial at a tribunal as such a thing could be dragging on quite a bit."
The old Enforcer said and nodded.
He nodded, "I fully expect that accusation to come up. I don't know if Master Tolle can understand Master Telar's scans unaided - worst case scenario, I guess he will have to take a look on his own. Though convincing Mia to behave might be a little tricky; she's a bit upset. But yes, I hope he can come to a swift favourable ruling without having to resort to a trial."

"You are probably right Mr Wainwwright that if Anna's life is put in danger by this episode then she would never survive...that...meaning a angry, quite powerful Avatar will have been pulled out of a host and then be free to act, that could get us a favorable ruling, as for your intended punishment for the guards that hand her off though you might get into some legal trouble for that, unless done in self defense attaching someone and inplanting such memories would be considered quite aggrevated assult."
Udella said and she raised an eyebrow.
He glowered, "Who said I would assault said guards? I would bloody well sue for it - that memory embedded as punitive response for illegally handing over my apprentice, and threatening to assault prisoners in every way after gilgul - the latter likely a threat that had been acted upon in the past, given the ease with which it had been made..."

"Ah yes...a perfect time indeed. Let us make sure the dossier is good and full by that time then."
The old Enforcer said with a bit of a sly smile.
He nodded, "There might be a... well, an affidavit delivered at the Boston Umbral Point, detailing a grievance against the pawns known as the Italians, over the fate of the Boston Labyrinth's Gilledian - I had to prioritize weakening Larson and rescuing a captive over trying to kill or capturing a Prelate, the latter of which would have been far less likely to succeed; I hope that decision will not be deemed illegal... Then there are several other sets of testimonies and case files - we need to compile and distribute copies to safe locations, I think... After I've spoken with Lady Crexia, I'm going to have a word with Master Min about a couple of items - mostly unrelated to this. Then, that should be it before picking up Anna, a couple of items from Lady Arden, and heading back to the Umbral Port."

((OOC: Visited my gran today. Took all day, basically, but was cozy. ))

((OOC2: Ah, Paradox from a timeline that never was. A lovely prospect, and under most circumstances, might be considered a dick move from the Storyteller. Wink ))

((OOC3: Still nothing? Alright, it's what Pope Gregory XIII started on October 5th, 1582. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Adley Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 am

"Ah Sodalis I was just sending you a message, your Mentor asked me to tell you to come in when you came back here, I sent Cecilia into the office ahead of you, he also gave me your number so I could let you know to come and see him." The Tytalus said and showed you the half written message on her phone which said exactly what she had just told you.

"Thank you," he said to her and gave her a nod. He knocked on the door and then waited to be admitted, then shut the door behind him again.

// Or, I suppose since the new calendar skipped it, it would be the 15th, 1582 and Friday. In the Faction Paradox series (offshoot of Dr Who's Eight Doctor Series) the Faction effectively purchased the 'lost days' in London during that time through the Gregorian Compact and so created their 11 Day Empire.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:57 am

[Colin] (At Morningstar 6 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "Survive the Deep Umbra, perhaps. Survive a hangry polyp, perhaps not so much."

"That is a good point."
Udella said sounding amused.

He nodded, "I fully expect that accusation to come up. I don't know if Master Tolle can understand Master Telar's scans unaided - worst case scenario, I guess he will have to take a look on his own. Though convincing Mia to behave might be a little tricky; she's a bit upset. But yes, I hope he can come to a swift favourable ruling without having to resort to a trial."

Udella nodded to that but Mia said.
"I will not let the Soul Render touch me. Our son's Mentor though I might let him touch me but not a Soul Render not again, not ever."
Your Avatar said and you saw her folding her arms over her chest.

He glowered, "Who said I would assault said guards? I would bloody well sue for it - that memory embedded as punitive response for illegally handing over my apprentice, and threatening to assault prisoners in every way after gilgul - the latter likely a threat that had been acted upon in the past, given the ease with which it had been made..."

"Acted on are you sure Mr Wainwright?"
The old Enforcer said.
"Even so I think it might b vary hard for you to get anyone sentenced to such a punishment since having that meemory running on repeat on their head will traumatize them to the point of breaking them handing of a prisoner where the paperwork might not be completely in order and threathening a prisoner would give minor Cencure not an ordeal of that magnitude."
She said calmly.

He nodded, "There might be a... well, an affidavit delivered at the Boston Umbral Point, detailing a grievance against the pawns known as the Italians, over the fate of the Boston Labyrinth's Gilledian - I had to prioritize weakening Larson and rescuing a captive over trying to kill or capturing a Prelate, the latter of which would have been far less likely to succeed; I hope that decision will not be deemed illegal...

"This is legal it is not a demand that a Nephandus be captured whn doing so might jepordize the current mission or just be impossible."
Udella confirmed.
"Evidence given from a Nephandus might not be worth much but we can add it to the dossier."

Then there are several other sets of testimonies and case files - we need to compile and distribute copies to safe locations, I think... After I've spoken with Lady Crexia, I'm going to have a word with Master Min about a couple of items - mostly unrelated to this. Then, that should be it before picking up Anna, a couple of items from Lady Arden, and heading back to the Umbral Port."

"That might be wise indeed to have the information placed in a few safe locations, and we should make sure we collect everything we can before presenting it before a Tribunal."
Udella said then she nodded.
"Very well I will be ready when you are, though I want to be here when Allison is given the second dose of the serum, I know she says she is okey with it but she is a teenager and it is painful, I do not want it to just be done by a guard."

(OOC: Sound nice.)

(OOC 2: If Paradox comes from a character destroying one time line then they would still be affected by the Paradox from all the sleepers of that timeline. Paradox is not some universal punishment it is the energy that comes when your will go against the will of the consensus and that will happen even if that timeline no longer exist.)

[Adley] (At Steelhaven 4 in the afternoon.)

"Thank you," he said to her and gave her a nod. He knocked on the door and then waited to be admitted, then shut the door behind him again.

"Come in!"
You heard your Mentor call. You saw that Cecilia and Henrietta where sitting in the chairs in front of Jeffry's desk. Henrietta stood and offered her chair to you when you entered the office. Cecilia turned slightly and gave you a tired, scared smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:07 am

"Come in!" You heard your Mentor call. You saw that Cecilia and Henrietta where sitting in the chairs in front of Jeffry's desk. Henrietta stood and offered her chair to you when you entered the office. Cecilia turned slightly and gave you a tired, scared smile.

"Oh, please, it's quite alright if you wish to remain sitting. Standing is probably better for me at the moment," he said to Henreitta. "So, I have run a few things by the Master alchemist to see if we might find a better solution. He felt it would be probably easier to make a wholesale new potion that would restrain magick rather than transform that serum and in either case, such an act would take some time. But he did have an alternative suggestion. How did things go here?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 am

"Oh, please, it's quite alright if you wish to remain sitting. Standing is probably better for me at the moment," he said to Henreitta.

The hedge wizard nodded and gave you a bit of a smile and sat back down.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks please let me know if you change your mind."

"So, I have run a few things by the Master alchemist to see if we might find a better solution. He felt it would be probably easier to make a wholesale new potion that would restrain magick rather than transform that serum and in either case, such an act would take some time. But he did have an alternative suggestion. How did things go here?"

"I suspected as much mea filius I guess that a liquid one can inject directly into the body would be different from one that one can drink."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Stopping Miss Day from working magic here and now is not so hard, if she excuse me saying so, but it can get quite costly to keep the spell going for hours or days, after all our magick is dynamic so to make our spells last is dificult and costly. But I guess re casting such a spell a few times a day is possible though not a desierable solution."
The old mage said.
"I guess there is a reason why in the old days the Order often took drastic measures to keep a mage captured...stopping someone from using magick in the here or now, in a combat situation for example is not dificult, and it is about time I teach you about that, but keeping them trapped without enchanting some item can be hard our magick want to flow and change."

Henrietta turened to look at you.
"Your Mentor kicks butt he could cut of my spells like they where never there!"
She said sounding impressed and Jeffry gave just a bit of an amused smile at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:33 am

"He do play in tournaments, got a sponsor for the last one. He win smaller tournaments all the time but for the big ones he have not won any of them but have finished in the top eight in a few."
Paul said and nodded.
"He is pretty good, perhaps it is due to him being so good with numbers and math, it makes him really good at building decks."

"Those math geniuses are a special kind of wizards." Serge said with a humorous frown. "I never managed to wrap my head around math. Always terrible at it in school. It was always too dull for me."

The wounded man did as you asked and he closed his eyes.
"I...I will try..."
He said and he was quiet for a while, consentrating then he opened his eyes again cautiously.
"I...I think it works I do not see the colors anymore."
He muttered then she sigh.
"My life before all this craziness seams so...so...far away though...like if it have never been."

"Our past always seems so far that it can be hard to believe that it existed. Yet we have proof that it existed.  Proof in our memories. What's more what seems crazy now can sometimes appear normal in the future. And similarly what seemed scary to us in the past can appear normal now. You just need to take the time to get used to it." Serge said earnestly thinking that he sounded like a preachy Ecstatic who may have had one too many drinks.

"Anyways now that we fixed your senses we should probably get to fixing your injuries." Serge commented looking around to see if the healers had anytime to fix Paul's injuries.

"Well more precicely Mr Fletcher our society will for some very few, rare crimes destroy the magick of another mage."
Allison said since she liked precicion and did not want to leave Paul with the impression that if he was a bad boy his new found magick would vanish on it's own.
"So ehm...it is a secret society then that police itself without the knowledge of the goverment?"
Paul asked.
"How have you managed to stay hidden?"
He asked.
"Magick."
Allison replied simply.
"Being careful Mr Fletcher and allot of magick."

"Funnily enough, a lot of questions about our society can be answered by just saying 'magick'." Serge said with a chuckle enjoying Allison straightforward answer.

"What's protecting us right now? Magick."
"What do we use to fight? Magick."
"What's the origin of magick? Magick....probably." he said in quick succession.

"But yeah that's the gist of it. Magick and being careful."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:55 am

"I suspected as much mea filius I guess that a liquid one can inject directly into the body would be different from one that one can drink." Jeffry said and nodded. "Stopping Miss Day from working magic here and now is not so hard, if she excuse me saying so, but it can get quite costly to keep the spell going for hours or days, after all our magick is dynamic so to make our spells last is dificult and costly. But I guess re casting such a spell a few times a day is possible though not a desierable solution." The old mage said. "I guess there is a reason why in the old days the Order often took drastic measures to keep a mage captured...stopping someone from using magick in the here or now, in a combat situation for example is not dificult, and it is about time I teach you about that, but keeping them trapped without enchanting some item can be hard our magick want to flow and change."

"I will of course take any instruction you deem worth of passing on to me, sir. I am grateful to do so. So, it is possible to constrain hedge magick but may take more than one casting. Like in the old days, casting in the morning and evening to refresh it. Or impermanent enchantments. And a contingency plan should be in place, just in case, someone else who might be trusted to cast such a spell..."

"Your Mentor kicks butt he could cut of my spells like they where never there!" She said sounding impressed and Jeffry gave just a bit of an amused smile at that.

"He is quite formidable," he agreed. "The other suggestion is also costly and perhaps more permanent in nature. He suggested a Binding Oath as a possibility. I feel utmost caution would be necessary of course in ensuring it was well worded. Such would take some time and consideration, skill and tass to craft it well but less time than creating a potion or a permanently enchanted object." It also wouldn't have the potential probable deadly drawback to the woman's brain either but after what had happened with Bee's stay, he felt naturally cautious of unintended consequences. "Perhaps in the interim, the recasted spell you tried just now would be workable stopgap. That is something."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:52 am

"I will of course take any instruction you deem worth of passing on to me, sir. I am grateful to do so.

"Hum...it seams the majority of what I want to teach you fall within the purview of Ars Vim or Prime if you wish, I will arrange for some lessons and in return perhaps you can teach some basics to your new brother, learning to teach will be good for you for the time when you are ready to take your own apprentice mea filius."
Jeffry said and smiled.

So, it is possible to constrain hedge magick but may take more than one casting. Like in the old days, casting in the morning and evening to refresh it. Or impermanent enchantments. And a contingency plan should be in place, just in case, someone else who might be trusted to cast such a spell..."

"Mornings and evenings would be a good interval for it, and I might be able to adjust the spell so that it can be raised and lowered allowing Miss Sinclair to use her magic now and again under supervision...so yes it is doable. As for who might be able to cast it, any number of Chantry members really I will have a talk with a few of them."
Your Mentor said and nodded.

"He is quite formidable," he agreed.

Jeffry gave a slight smile at this.

"The other suggestion is also costly and perhaps more permanent in nature. He suggested a Binding Oath as a possibility. I feel utmost caution would be necessary of course in ensuring it was well worded. Such would take some time and consideration, skill and tass to craft it well but less time than creating a potion or a permanently enchanted object." It also wouldn't have the potential probable deadly drawback to the woman's brain either but after what had happened with Bee's stay, he felt naturally cautious of unintended consequences. "Perhaps in the interim, the recasted spell you tried just now would be workable stopgap. That is something."

"A Binding Oath is a possibility but it is also a rather permanent solution so yes the wording would have to be perfect. To be honest I feel more comfortable recasting a binding spell twice a day than permanently enforcing such a will. I do not want us to take on a permanent prisoner but rather someone that for now have to be guarded but that one day might be able to live among us freely."
Your Mentor said and Cecilia looked from you to Jeffry.
"S...so the serum will not have to be used Sir?"
She asked and Jeffry sigh and shook his head.
"No Miss Sinclair, only if none of those capable of casting the spell in question where available and neither where anyone to keep watch over you while restrained by the magick dampening cuffs able to do so will the serum be used, so only if we are all busy with something in some crisis situation, you should be quite safe."
He said and Cecilia sort of slumped into her chair, relief making her allmost collapse in the chair.
"T...thank you Sir..."
She said.
"Thank you."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Those math geniuses are a special kind of wizards." Serge said with a humorous frown. "I never managed to wrap my head around math. Always terrible at it in school. It was always too dull for me."

"I was never to good with math either Serge, I did ok but I never found it fun, I know enough to run my store and my etsy shop and calculate out how much material I need for the things I make, but other than that I leave the math to my brother."
Paul said and he smiled a little.

"Our past always seems so far that it can be hard to believe that it existed. Yet we have proof that it existed. Proof in our memories. What's more what seems crazy now can sometimes appear normal in the future. And similarly what seemed scary to us in the past can appear normal now. You just need to take the time to get used to it." Serge said earnestly thinking that he sounded like a preachy Ecstatic who may have had one too many drinks.

"I guess there is some truth to that, but I...I...just want to go back to how my life was before I got captured by that horrible man but at the same time I feel like I could not just go back, I am so different now and who would even understand...understand...what have happened to me."
The wounded man said sadly.

"Anyways now that we fixed your senses we should probably get to fixing your injuries." Serge commented looking around to see if the healers had anytime to fix Paul's injuries.

"I...I guess so..."
Paul said nervously. You saw that one of the Veerbena healers where free, a German man you had not met yet, he wandered over to you when he saw you looking around.
"Did you guys need help?"
He asked gruffly.

"Funnily enough, a lot of questions about our society can be answered by just saying 'magick'." Serge said with a chuckle enjoying Allison straightforward answer.

"What's protecting us right now? Magick."
"What do we use to fight? Magick."
"What's the origin of magick? Magick....probably." he said in quick succession.

"But yeah that's the gist of it. Magick and being careful."

Allison grinned a little.
"What do we argue over? Magick, What do we measure like to macho men measuring their dicks? Magick, Yeah most things can be answered with magick."
She said and Pail smiled a little as well looking amused.
"Well I guess if you have it flaunt it."
He said with a grin.

(OOC: It is funny because it is true. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:43 am

Udella nodded to that but Mia said.
"I will not let the Soul Render touch me. Our son's Mentor though I might let him touch me but not a Soul Render not again, not ever."
Your Avatar said and you saw her folding her arms over her chest.
Colin frowned, "Oh, dear, Mia's protesting..."
He thought to her, 'Now, dear, what about Master Telar, the one who took a look at you earlier? And will you please at least let the Soul Render take a look at you, on his word that he will not lay a proverbial finger on you?'

"Acted on are you sure Mr Wainwright?"
The old Enforcer said.
"Even so I think it might b vary hard for you to get anyone sentenced to such a punishment since having that meemory running on repeat on their head will traumatize them to the point of breaking them handing of a prisoner where the paperwork might not be completely in order and threathening a prisoner would give minor Cencure not an ordeal of that magnitude."
She said calmly.
He shrugged, "I cannot say for absolutely certain, and I have no proof except a vision of a future point where I will visit a Nephanda in her cell before her sentencing... but the way the guard in question mocked, taunted and threatened her was... unsettling, and did very little to suggest he had not previously taken his entertainment out of former prisoners who had been cast aside as soulless husks in the past..."
He grimaced, "Well, to have a chance for any approval of such a punishment, I would need some quite solid proof of wrongdoing far beyond merely handing over Anna improperly... and I would need some support among the Primi. I know what must be done to gain a favour from one, at least - and that's going to prove difficult, but I'm already working on it. And obviously, I would not be able to lean on that favour to get the guilty verdict, but it might be enough to leverage the exact punishment following a guilty verdict. Mind, the chat I had with the prisoner certainly lent credence to the suggestion that the guards were more loyal to an Italian's paycheck than their obligation to law and justice... But until that chat has happened, which will be after Anna's trial and... the scare, I won't have that witnessed testimony."

"This is legal it is not a demand that a Nephandus be captured whn doing so might jepordize the current mission or just be impossible."
Udella confirmed.
"Evidence given from a Nephandus might not be worth much but we can add it to the dossier."
He nodded, "On that note, the D'Angelos have in their possession a gilguled Gilledian - the Labyrinth equivalent to a Deacon Primus, I believe - by the name of Griga. He was the Boston Labyrinth's leader until Larson betrayed him, handed him over to the Italians and had them send video tapes of the man giving orders to the Labyrinth, placing Larson in charge as his acting replacement while he was in the Deep Umbra to bleed off Paradox and Resonance... The problem is, I don't know where they're keeping him."

"That might be wise indeed to have the information placed in a few safe locations, and we should make sure we collect everything we can before presenting it before a Tribunal."
Udella said then she nodded.
"Very well I will be ready when you are, though I want to be here when Allison is given the second dose of the serum, I know she says she is okey with it but she is a teenager and it is painful, I do not want it to just be done by a guard."
He pondered, "Perhaps three or four copies entrusted to the Mercere, to be sent in different directions immediately and delivered on specific days to separate specific locations, and a few others secreted away elsewhere..."
He nodded, "The next necessary dose of the serum should not be until sometime tomorrow, in any case, and what with the suppressant cell, probably not until she is ready to be moved... I'll do what I can to make sure you are back here before then, even if speaking with Master Tolle takes long enough to necessitate spending the night. Just in case, you might want to ask someone you trust to be gentle and careful, on the off chance you wind up a little delayed."

((OOC: On the bright side, the Paradox for shifting a timeline like that might not be too bad, since there's not a Sleeper in the world who would actually notice. Some of the supernaturals around might, though... Razz ))

((OOC: Getting warmer, S7trif3 - now consider how the corrections between Julian and Gregorian are calculated back and forth. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:43 pm

Colin frowned, "Oh, dear, Mia's protesting..."
He thought to her, 'Now, dear, what about Master Telar, the one who took a look at you earlier? And will you please at least let the Soul Render take a look at you, on his word that he will not lay a proverbial finger on you?'

"Master Telar might examne me but the Sould Render no I will not let him look at me, being near him makes me hear the screams of all he have destroyed."
Mia said and to make her point that she would not change her mind she just withdrew into your soul not saying anything more. Udella looked at you.
"Well that might be a complication can you talk her into cooperating Mr Wainwright?"

He shrugged, "I cannot say for absolutely certain, and I have no proof except a vision of a future point where I will visit a Nephanda in her cell before her sentencing... but the way the guard in question mocked, taunted and threatened her was... unsettling, and did very little to suggest he had not previously taken his entertainment out of former prisoners who had been cast aside as soulless husks in the past..."

Udella folded her hands in her lap and seamed to consider for a moment finally she said.
"I took a case a few years back, a young Virtual Adept who had been Branded for failing to show respect to a Master of the Art. The young woman could not afford to bring her Cabal or any caretaker with her to Horizon or pay for medical care so after the Branding she was just taken back to her cell, with the door opened until he recovered enough to get herself to the Umbral port and take a ship home. When she came out of the pain filled daze though she felt unwell and when she returned to her Chantry an Etherite friend of her examined her and she found pink, freshly healed tissue in...ehm...private places. The Virtual Adept asked for me to sue the Security Council on Horizon but they claimed she had strained several muscles during the Branding and that the traces of healing magick was from there, I could not prove any wrongdoing had happened but your story now makes me...wonder."
She said darkly and frowned.

He grimaced, "Well, to have a chance for any approval of such a punishment, I would need some quite solid proof of wrongdoing far beyond merely handing over Anna improperly... and I would need some support among the Primi. I know what must be done to gain a favour from one, at least - and that's going to prove difficult, but I'm already working on it. And obviously, I would not be able to lean on that favour to get the guilty verdict, but it might be enough to leverage the exact punishment following a guilty verdict. Mind, the chat I had with the prisoner certainly lent credence to the suggestion that the guards were more loyal to an Italian's paycheck than their obligation to law and justice... But until that chat has happened, which will be after Anna's trial and... the scare, I won't have that witnessed testimony."

"The thing is Mr Wainwright you are talking about quite severe torture, about making someone think they are being Gilgulled again and again. If this guard or guards get convicted they will loose their jobs, Ocastrism or imprisonment might happen, perhaps you can get them flogged, perhaps cut in ways that will ensure they can not exploit someone like that again, however what you suggjest, it would be seen as an extreme and unfair punishment so you would not only need a Primi on your side you would need one willing to loose their reputition for your sake and that is nto easy to achieve."
Udella said calmly.
"They might deserve what you have in mind but for most it would be considered to strict a punishment."

He nodded, "On that note, the D'Angelos have in their possession a gilguled Gilledian - the Labyrinth equivalent to a Deacon Primus, I believe - by the name of Griga. He was the Boston Labyrinth's leader until Larson betrayed him, handed him over to the Italians and had them send video tapes of the man giving orders to the Labyrinth, placing Larson in charge as his acting replacement while he was in the Deep Umbra to bleed off Paradox and Resonance... The problem is, I don't know where they're keeping him."

"Well then it go beyond saying that if we could find this Griga alive that would be an enormous boon for our case though I suspect the Italians will be smart and kill him now that he is no longer useful."
The old Enforcer said and frowned.

He pondered, "Perhaps three or four copies entrusted to the Mercere, to be sent in different directions immediately and delivered on specific days to separate specific locations, and a few others secreted away elsewhere..."

"That is not a bad idea I can have that arranged for you."
Udella said and nodded.

He nodded, "The next necessary dose of the serum should not be until sometime tomorrow, in any case, and what with the suppressant cell, probably not until she is ready to be moved... I'll do what I can to make sure you are back here before then, even if speaking with Master Tolle takes long enough to necessitate spending the night. Just in case, you might want to ask someone you trust to be gentle and careful, on the off chance you wind up a little delayed."

"Well the Labyrinth mission was early this morning so it should not be neccesary to give Allison another dose before early tomorrow morning. I would really like to be back before it is done though, but yes I might ask Mr Horton to do it if need be he knows what he is doing and he knows to be gentle and careful. Very well I will go and talk with him and then with Allison to say that I will be back later, I can meet you in the lobby later."
Udella suggjested.

(OOC: The problem is that first of all a witness do not need to keep existence to have witnessed magick, secondly some magick are so vungear that even if there are not witnesses the Paradox will still be quite severe, changing an entire timeline are one of those things.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:59 pm

"Hum...it seams the majority of what I want to teach you fall within the purview of Ars Vim or Prime if you wish, I will arrange for some lessons and in return perhaps you can teach some basics to your new brother, learning to teach will be good for you for the time when you are ready to take your own apprentice mea filius."
Jeffry said and smiled.

"That seems quite fair sir."

"Mornings and evenings would be a good interval for it, and I might be able to adjust the spell so that it can be raised and lowered allowing Miss Sinclair to use her magic now and again under supervision...so yes it is doable. As for who might be able to cast it, any number of Chantry members really I will have a talk with a few of them."
Your Mentor said and nodded.

"I see. Well, that is some better news, perhaps then."

"A Binding Oath is a possibility but it is also a rather permanent solution so yes the wording would have to be perfect. To be honest I feel more comfortable recasting a binding spell twice a day than permanently enforcing such a will. I do not want us to take on a permanent prisoner but rather someone that for now have to be guarded but that one day might be able to live among us freely."

He nodded to his mentor - it would be his and the Deacon Council's choice, but he felt much the same way. Permanent prisoner, nor the other state either.

"S...so the serum will not have to be used Sir?" She asked and Jeffry sigh and shook his head. "No Miss Sinclair, only if none of those capable of casting the spell in question where available and neither where anyone to keep watch over you while restrained by the magick dampening cuffs able to do so will the serum be used, so only if we are all busy with something in some crisis situation, you should be quite safe." He said and Cecilia sort of slumped into her chair, relief making her almost collapse in the chair. "T...thank you Sir..." She said. "Thank you."

"I am glad we could find something safe for everyone and that was less harmful," he said. "Very well, so that matter has been settled at least. Thank you for your help," he said to Ms Day.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:15 pm

"That seems quite fair sir."

"We will set up time for lessons once we have all gotten some rest and other tasks have been seen to."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"I see. Well, that is some better news, perhaps then."

"Well it is a kinder solution than the serum at least."
Your Mentor said.
"At least my spell will not cause Miss Sinclair any pain."

He nodded to his mentor - it would be his and the Deacon Council's choice, but he felt much the same way. Permanent prisoner, nor the other state either.

"Have you considered having her apprenticed to a Traditionalist hedge wizard gentlemen? I mean sometime when we find magi who have lost their way they are made into apprentices to be guided by their teachers until they are considered able to and safe to be on their own."
Henrietta said.
"Just a thought really."

"I am glad we could find something safe for everyone and that was less harmful," he said. "Very well, so that matter has been settled at least. Thank you for your help," he said to Ms Day.

"It was no bother it is not often I get the chance to go all out with my magic...and I might not get to many more chances so it was a fun challange."
She said and sigh as she explained.
"I am...Awakening and I do not know how to stop it which means for me starting from scratch most likely...anyway Miss Sinclair needs rest, what if I take her with me to my room and let her sleep on the sofa for a bit until it have been decided which room she should stay in."
The Hollow One offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'But at very least you can see the strings being pulled and the hand doing it.' she retorted.

Anja's Post:

Nicole filled the two envelopes, trying to remember if there were any car lots nearby. Vague idea; to load up the Subaru with the bench and stuff, stash it in the lot for later pick-up. Was a good chance the place would be swarming with others later on.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:55 pm

[Nicole] (At the old auto shop 4 in the afternoon.)

But at very least you can see the strings being pulled and the hand doing it.' she retorted.

"Yeah I guess there is that Miss, I know of the Union and that they want to control everything."
Violet said and nodded.

Nicole filled the two envelopes, trying to remember if there were any car lots nearby. Vague idea; to load up the Subaru with the bench and stuff, stash it in the lot for later pick-up. Was a good chance the place would be swarming with others later on.

There was a few little stores that had parking lots in front of them and a larger building, a factorty perhaps that also had one. These parking lots where rather small though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 pm

'That they do.' Nicole commented to Violet, going out to check the Mirrorshade [which she's already done, merely closing the IC fork].

'Had an idea. Load up the Subaru, park it somewhere nearby. I'll swing past here later on and pick it up.' she announced to Thorn and Violet, re-entering the shop, clutching a pair of envelopes as well as her rifle.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:51 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Master Telar might examne me but the Sould Render no I will not let him look at me, being near him makes me hear the screams of all he have destroyed."
Mia said and to make her point that she would not change her mind she just withdrew into your soul not saying anything more. Udella looked at you.
"Well that might be a complication can you talk her into cooperating Mr Wainwright?"
Colin frowned, "Well, then, she intends to be hostile if Master Tolle even looks at her... she claims his presence makes her hear all... well... he echoes with the grisly work, it seems. I don't think I can persuade her, though she may permit Masters Telar and Morgan... perhaps I can convince her to let a couple others examine her, as well, but... hopefully, Master Tolle will accept that I can not prevent Mia from smacking his fingers should he get too close, and allow the actual examination to be done by others..."

Udella folded her hands in her lap and seamed to consider for a moment finally she said.
"I took a case a few years back, a young Virtual Adept who had been Branded for failing to show respect to a Master of the Art. The young woman could not afford to bring her Cabal or any caretaker with her to Horizon or pay for medical care so after the Branding she was just taken back to her cell, with the door opened until he recovered enough to get herself to the Umbral port and take a ship home. When she came out of the pain filled daze though she felt unwell and when she returned to her Chantry an Etherite friend of her examined her and she found pink, freshly healed tissue in...ehm...private places. The Virtual Adept asked for me to sue the Security Council on Horizon but they claimed she had strained several muscles during the Branding and that the traces of healing magick was from there, I could not prove any wrongdoing had happened but your story now makes me...wonder."
She said darkly and frowned.
He nodded, "I would suggest the suspicions were quite on point. There's a guard there, Victor Reynolds, who is quite... innocent; he had some trouble believing that House Guernicus could in any way be corruptible. Contacting him with a warning that some of his colleagues should be observed to make note of improper treatment of prisoners might be useful, he's a bright kid, and a decent man. In contrast, Averio Nilda is the name of the fellow who I will catch making threats against a prisoner on the day of her sentencing - though that sentencing might be delayed owing to giving testimony to Master Tolle against the Italians and their minions and conspirators, though I cannot say so for certain. The prisoner in question, though, miss Sierra Bluehill, was at Steelhaven last I saw, and she will be the one to let me know Anna had been taken to Dr. Weris. Regarding the two, Chief Morgan was informed of Nilda an Weris right after I had the vision, and he will file his complaints on the matter after Anna's trial. Again, the enough rope to hang themselves with principle at work. There's also an Ivan Hedil in the Security Council who is compromised, it seems... but with all these, I would ask for clandestine surveillance, rather than making an actual move on them yet. No proof against them yet, after all..."

"The thing is Mr Wainwright you are talking about quite severe torture, about making someone think they are being Gilgulled again and again. If this guard or guards get convicted they will loose their jobs, Ocastrism or imprisonment might happen, perhaps you can get them flogged, perhaps cut in ways that will ensure they can not exploit someone like that again, however what you suggjest, it would be seen as an extreme and unfair punishment so you would not only need a Primi on your side you would need one willing to loose their reputition for your sake and that is nto easy to achieve."
Udella said calmly.
"They might deserve what you have in mind but for most it would be considered to strict a punishment."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I can think of one way of framing it that would not necessarily risk their reputation on my behalf... Lady Mariana of Balador. The Prima of the Cultists of Ecstasy may well be willing to turn such a case into making an example that they were serious when they had sexual misconduct legislation added to the protocols for prisoner treatment. It might be voted down by the other Primi, of course, but of all the Nine, she might be the one for whom it would not be deemed unreasonable or out of character to support so harsh a punishment... I will admit, though, that is partly speculative, and I will likely not be voicing the idea again."

"Well then it go beyond saying that if we could find this Griga alive that would be an enormous boon for our case though I suspect the Italians will be smart and kill him now that he is no longer useful."
The old Enforcer said and frowned.
He nodded, "What with Vittoria D'Angelo having been present at the battle in the Labyrinth, she knows Griga's usefulness is ended. I doubt he will see another sunrise..."

"Well the Labyrinth mission was early this morning so it should not be neccesary to give Allison another dose before early tomorrow morning. I would really like to be back before it is done though, but yes I might ask Mr Horton to do it if need be he knows what he is doing and he knows to be gentle and careful. Very well I will go and talk with him and then with Allison to say that I will be back later, I can meet you in the lobby later."
Udella suggjested.
He nodded, "Mr. Horton would likely be a good choice, yes. Assuming, of course, that we're unable to get you back here in the morning."
He smiled, "Right, then - I've got a couple more quick meetings, then I will bring Anna to the lobby and order a taxi. I've got a shuttle and pilot waiting at the Umbral Port."

He rose and stepped over to the door, and opened it for Udella. "Ladies first, then?"

((OOC: Well, that does make it a bit more of a pain, I guess. The question is how much Paradox we're talking for each hit, then - and how long Colin waits between each shunting incident. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Colin frowned, "Well, then, she intends to be hostile if Master Tolle even looks at her... she claims his presence makes her hear all... well... he echoes with the grisly work, it seems. I don't think I can persuade her, though she may permit Masters Telar and Morgan... perhaps I can convince her to let a couple others examine her, as well, but... hopefully, Master Tolle will accept that I can not prevent Mia from smacking his fingers should he get too close, and allow the actual examination to be done by others..."

"Hum...I see no legal requirement for Master Tolle to examine your Avatar directly, my guess is he will accept Masters Telar and Morgan's findings in this but if not can you ask her if she will allow me to examine her I have...as I said taken part in two such rituals but not to the degree that Master Tolle have."
Udella said as she regarded you.

He nodded, "I would suggest the suspicions were quite on point. There's a guard there, Victor Reynolds, who is quite... innocent; he had some trouble believing that House Guernicus could in any way be corruptible. Contacting him with a warning that some of his colleagues should be observed to make note of improper treatment of prisoners might be useful, he's a bright kid, and a decent man.

"This might be a good idea indeed then again if he is having trouble believing our House could be corrupted, show do we convince him to work with us and not just run to his fellow guards and tell them we are suspicious of them?"
The old Quesitor asked.

In contrast, Averio Nilda is the name of the fellow who I will catch making threats against a prisoner on the day of her sentencing - though that sentencing might be delayed owing to giving testimony to Master Tolle against the Italians and their minions and conspirators, though I cannot say so for certain. The prisoner in question, though, miss Sierra Bluehill, was at Steelhaven last I saw, and she will be the one to let me know Anna had been taken to Dr. Weris.

"Dr Weris are you sure about that name? Dr Weris?"
Udella said and she looked at you intently.
"Hum...I have heard complaints on Mr Nilda from other clients of mine that he have treated them more rougly than need be and he have been put on warning for it a few times, catching him in the act though will be useful in getting him sentenced for his deeds. Also this Sierra Bluehill is she a captured Nephanda then? From Boston?"
The old Guernicus asked.

Regarding the two, Chief Morgan was informed of Nilda an Weris right after I had the vision, and he will file his complaints on the matter after Anna's trial. Again, the enough rope to hang themselves with principle at work. There's also an Ivan Hedil in the Security Council who is compromised, it seems... but with all these, I would ask for clandestine surveillance, rather than making an actual move on them yet. No proof against them yet, after all..."

"Hum...I can see what surveliance I can manage but do remember that the Order of Hermes have strict rules against scrying on fellow members of the Order, but I can ask around and see what information I can uncover."
Udella said and frowned.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I can think of one way of framing it that would not necessarily risk their reputation on my behalf... Lady Mariana of Balador. The Prima of the Cultists of Ecstasy may well be willing to turn such a case into making an example that they were serious when they had sexual misconduct legislation added to the protocols for prisoner treatment. It might be voted down by the other Primi, of course, but of all the Nine, she might be the one for whom it would not be deemed unreasonable or out of character to support so harsh a punishment... I will admit, though, that is partly speculative, and I will likely not be voicing the idea again."

"If any of the Nine where to support you in this it would be Lady Marianna of Balador her Tradition takes sexual misconduct quite seriously, and if you get Marianna on your side you might get Quey, maybe as th Verbena have often gotten involved in cases involving women's rights, I still think an execution is a more likely outsome of a trial if these guards are found guilthy though than that kind of torture."

He nodded, "What with Vittoria D'Angelo having been present at the battle in the Labyrinth, she knows Griga's usefulness is ended. I doubt he will see another sunrise..."

"No unless Master D'Angelo is stupid she will get rid of the man...well if man he can still claim to be old Nephandi tend to be terribly mutated. For this Griga though that is probably a relief to meet his end but damnation I would have loved to have that man alive as a witness!"
Udella grumbeled.

He nodded, "Mr. Horton would likely be a good choice, yes. Assuming, of course, that we're unable to get you back here in the morning."

"He is a good healer and a kind man...I will talk with him about it. Allison do not suffer from your apprentice's fears and I want to keep it that way by making sure the serum is administered with as little trauma as possible."

He smiled, "Right, then - I've got a couple more quick meetings, then I will bring Anna to the lobby and order a taxi. I've got a shuttle and pilot waiting at the Umbral Port."

Udella nodded at that and stood.
"Very well, I will see you then Mr Wainwright."

He rose and stepped over to the door, and opened it for Udella. "Ladies first, then?"

"Ah a gentleman, so few are left."
The old Hermetic said and she gave a warm smile and inclined her head to you before she headed down the hallway towards the infirmary to find Mr Horton.

(OOC: Well it should be survivable if future Colin take the time to let it bleed of between each time, but it will hurt.)

'That they do.' Nicole commented to Violet, going out to check the Mirrorshade [which she's already done, merely closing the IC fork].

Violet just nodded solemnly as you wandered of.

'Had an idea. Load up the Subaru, park it somewhere nearby. I'll swing past here later on and pick it up.' she announced to Thorn and Violet, re-entering the shop, clutching a pair of envelopes as well as her rifle.

"That works for me Miss, just loading up the loot pile, or whatever we should call it then into the Subaru?"
He asked and Violet spoke.
"Are you going to find a place to park it then Miss? Or should I?"
The young Verbena asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:29 pm

"I guess there is some truth to that, but I...I...just want to go back to how my life was before I got captured by that horrible man but at the same time I feel like I could not just go back, I am so different now and who would even understand...understand...what have happened to me."
The wounded man said sadly.

"Your right in that you can't go back. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing. This is just another chapter in your story. Make the best of it. And it's not like everything is different. You still have your shop. Your brother. Some things are still the same." Serge reasoned.

"I...I guess so..."
Paul said nervously. You saw that one of the Veerbena healers where free, a German man you had not met yet, he wandered over to you when he saw you looking around.
"Did you guys need help?"
He asked gruffly.

"Do you think you can fix him up?" Serge said nodding towards Paul. "He's not a fan of medical stuff but agreed to more magickal forms of healing."

Allison grinned a little.
"What do we argue over? Magick, What do we measure like to macho men measuring their dicks? Magick, Yeah most things can be answered with magick."
She said and Pail smiled a little as well looking amused.
"Well I guess if you have it flaunt it."
He said with a grin.

"If I flaunted my magick you guys would end up hearing random cartoon theme songs playing in your heads over and over again." Serge joked with a smile enjoying the brief respite from depressing topic beforehand.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Anja's Post:

'Was planning to take the papers with us next, after all can't be 100% that the car won't vanish for some reason.' Nicole replied, moving over to the workbench to see if it was both small enough to get into the car [after the rear seats are put down] and if the legs can be removed easily.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:04 am

"We will set up time for lessons once we have all gotten some rest and other tasks have been seen to." Jeffry said and nodded.

"Yes, sir."

"Well it is a kinder solution than the serum at least." Your Mentor said. "At least my spell will not cause Miss Sinclair any pain."

"Good."

"Have you considered having her apprenticed to a Traditionalist hedge wizard gentlemen? I mean sometime when we find magi who have lost their way they are made into apprentices to be guided by their teachers until they are considered able to and safe to be on their own." Henrietta said. "Just a thought really."

He glanced at his mentor. "Would that work, with the current difficulties? Or perhaps something for later, if she is so inclined?"

"It was no bother it is not often I get the chance to go all out with my magic...and I might not get to many more chances so it was a fun challange." She said and sigh as she explained. "I am...Awakening and I do not know how to stop it which means for me starting from scratch most likely...anyway Miss Sinclair needs rest, what if I take her with me to my room and let her sleep on the sofa for a bit until it have been decided which room she should stay in." The Hollow One offered.

"I see...I know it must be hard to have to start over after all this time but would you really wish to stop awakening if you could?" he wondered. Then he said, "That is very kind of you." He looked at his pater, it was his decision after all what should be done since she was still a prisoner but at least she would have someone to watch her and facilities to use if need be. Much better than being cuffed to a chair.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 am

'Was planning to take the papers with us next, after all can't be 100% that the car won't vanish for some reason.' Nicole replied, moving over to the workbench to see if it was both small enough to get into the car [after the rear seats are put down] and if the legs can be removed easily.

"Yeah that makes sense, perhaps take the weapon you found with us as well then Miss?"
Violet asket. The good quality work bench was luggable, the legs could be unscrewed and then folded up and then it would fit into the Subaru if you laid the passanger seats down.
"Do you need any assistence Miss?"
Thorn asked.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Your right in that you can't go back. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing. This is just another chapter in your story. Make the best of it. And it's not like everything is different. You still have your shop. Your brother. Some things are still the same." Serge reasoned.

"I think the problem is not that others are different Serge, but that I am so different, but yes I guess I have my turtles and my parents and my brother."
Paul said and he smiled a little.
"But...how can I even relate myself, much less how can others relate to what have happened to me?"

"Do you think you can fix him up?" Serge said nodding towards Paul. "He's not a fan of medical stuff but agreed to more magickal forms of healing."

"Yeah...I think I probably can, it depends though sometimes trauma set an injury, let me see what I can do."
The German Verbena said gruffly, then he said to Paul.
"I am going to carve a rune into my own arm, but I am not going to hurt you ok?"
Paul nodded at that and the German proceded to do just that, he frowned and then put his hand gently on Paul's abdomen and the other on his forehead.
"It might feel odd while the healing happens, just try to relax."
He said and the wounded man nodded. After a few minutes the German pulled his hands away.
"I have done what I can, he should be okey now, but he needs rest and food."
He informed you gruffly sounding like he was anoyed.

"If I flaunted my magick you guys would end up hearing random cartoon theme songs playing in your heads over and over again." Serge joked with a smile enjoying the brief respite from depressing topic beforehand.

"Well then I can flaunt it and you can try to avoid doing so Mr Yager."
Allison said sounding amused.
"I mean I already have a problem getting the Ducktales teamsong out of my head and I have not watched that show since I was a child."

He glanced at his mentor. "Would that work, with the current difficulties? Or perhaps something for later, if she is so inclined?"

Jeffry considered.
"Well ehm...yes it would, she is not Fallen nor a Technocrat so if a Traditionalist hedge wizard where to apprentice her then she would have rights and Master D'Angelo would have no claim on her, she would no longer be a prisoner to be interrogated she would be a student, perhaps she can demand Miss Sinclair stand before a Tribunal though and that could create...issues but yes, that would work."
He said and nodded.
"And would be far better than her being an indentured slave, the question is if any of our hedge wizards are willing to take her on."

"I see...I know it must be hard to have to start over after all this time but would you really wish to stop awakening if you could?" he wondered.

"I...don't know, I just don't know I want to develop further but at the same time I have spent my life developing these powers...I...just don't know."
Henrietta said and she ran her hand through her hair then cursed.
"Ehm...sorry Sirs I found I still have some Nephandi in my hair."
She muttered.
"There is a woman at Lux Itineris a Master Aurora Miletti, she is the headmistress in their school for...ehm what do you call it...third degrees? Your hedge wizards? She have been studying how to let Awakening hedge wizards keep their powers after Awakening, I have a meeting with her tomorrow...eh ehm...not relevant right now sorry for babbeling."

Then he said, "That is very kind of you." He looked at his pater, it was his decision after all what should be done since she was still a prisoner but at least she would have someone to watch her and facilities to use if need be. Much better than being cuffed to a chair.

Jeffry nodded.
"Very well Miss Day, I will leave Miss Sinclair into your care for now then."
He said and Henrietta stood and nodded.
"Ok...if you come with me Cecilia we can get you a meal and a place to sleep."
Cecilia nodded but she gave you a bit of a nervous look, clearly still afraid.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Hum...I see no legal requirement for Master Tolle to examine your Avatar directly, my guess is he will accept Masters Telar and Morgan's findings in this but if not can you ask her if she will allow me to examine her I have...as I said taken part in two such rituals but not to the degree that Master Tolle have."
Udella said as she regarded you.
Colin nodded, then frowned, "I think she'll be able to accept you... she's withdrawn for now, though. She didn't like the idea of strangers poking at her without her permission - never mind my permission. Can't really fault her for it..."

"This might be a good idea indeed then again if he is having trouble believing our House could be corrupted, show do we convince him to work with us and not just run to his fellow guards and tell them we are suspicious of them?"
The old Quesitor asked.
He pondered, "That is a good point... Might be better served by asking him if he has observed any goings on that have not been completely noble or according to protocol, and see where that question leads. I don't think he is willfully ignorant of such things, even if he has never reported it - more likely he's never been, hm, invited to partake, and hasn't really seen any clear way to report any deviations he's seen..."

"Dr Weris are you sure about that name? Dr Weris?"
Udella said and she looked at you intently.
"Hum...I have heard complaints on Mr Nilda from other clients of mine that he have treated them more rougly than need be and he have been put on warning for it a few times, catching him in the act though will be useful in getting him sentenced for his deeds. Also this Sierra Bluehill is she a captured Nephanda then? From Boston?"
The old Guernicus asked.
He nodded, "Quite certain about it, yes. But don't move in on him before, well... Removing him will endanger Anna further, as I now know who will be the one used to make the attempt on her. And Miss Bluehill is a captured Nephanda, yes, though while she was captured in Boston, I do believe she is from out of state."

"Hum...I can see what surveliance I can manage but do remember that the Order of Hermes have strict rules against scrying on fellow members of the Order, but I can ask around and see what information I can uncover."
Udella said and frowned.
He nodded, "True, true - but do those anti-scrying laws extend to having someone directly watching within the same room, or through a pair of binoculars? I'm assuming electronic surveillance is counted on par with magical scrying, of course."

"If any of the Nine where to support you in this it would be Lady Marianna of Balador her Tradition takes sexual misconduct quite seriously, and if you get Marianna on your side you might get Quey, maybe as th Verbena have often gotten involved in cases involving women's rights, I still think an execution is a more likely outsome of a trial if these guards are found guilthy though than that kind of torture."
He nodded, "Oh, it is likely to be considered an excessive punishment... However, suggesting it to Nilda in the future was... most satisfying, even if it was only borderline legal for being padded in oh-so-many conditions, and not specifically aimed at any one named person..."

"No unless Master D'Angelo is stupid she will get rid of the man...well if man he can still claim to be old Nephandi tend to be terribly mutated. For this Griga though that is probably a relief to meet his end but damnation I would have loved to have that man alive as a witness!"
Udella grumbeled.
He pondered, "...It is quite plausible that Griga may carry a grudge, or feel he has unfinished business. Would the testimony of a ghost be admissible in a trial, if summoned as a witness?"

"He is a good healer and a kind man...I will talk with him about it. Allison do not suffer from your apprentice's fears and I want to keep it that way by making sure the serum is administered with as little trauma as possible."
He nodded, "And best be careful with letting on about the potential long-term harm, too... that'll only serve to frighten her further, even if it can be avoided."

"Ah a gentleman, so few are left."
The old Hermetic said and she gave a warm smile and inclined her head to you before she headed down the hallway towards the infirmary to find Mr Horton.
He smiled wryly, "It's not necessarily that there are few of us left, but we're increasingly forced into hiding by misguided expressions of feminism... Apparently, holding the door open for a woman is now deemed patriarchal, as is any of a number of small, polite gestures. Except paying for everything, it seems, regardless of who actually has a job with a steady income. There are a few logical inconsistencies in current feminism, it seems... Ah, well, it's a vocal minority; it'll devour itself soon enough, I think..."

He strolled down to Crexia's office and gently knocked on the door.

((OOC: Ah, yes, twelve years from now, Colin suddenly turns green (much to Freddy's delight), and is irritated that the time travel actions of another timeline come to bite him in the ass in the current timeline. Sounds about as just as getting fined because your neighbour hasn't paid his taxes or TV license... Razz ))

((OOC2: Man, you don't know what you got until it's gone... My internet dropped out last night. Not fun. :/ Back now. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 am

Colin nodded, then frowned, "I think she'll be able to accept you... she's withdrawn for now, though. She didn't like the idea of strangers poking at her without her permission - never mind my permission. Can't really fault her for it..."

"That is quite understandable, very few Avatars like to be interacted with by anyone but their hosts, and with yours she have good reason to be skeptical. Hopefully none but the ones she find acceptable will have to look at her."
Udella said and nodded.

He pondered, "That is a good point... Might be better served by asking him if he has observed any goings on that have not been completely noble or according to protocol, and see where that question leads. I don't think he is willfully ignorant of such things, even if he has never reported it - more likely he's never been, hm, invited to partake, and hasn't really seen any clear way to report any deviations he's seen..."

"I do believe that is a safer course of action indeed Mr Wainwright."
The Quesitor said and nodded.
"Should we try to talk with the man the next time you are on Horizon then or should I try to do so when I return? I live there after all."

He nodded, "Quite certain about it, yes. But don't move in on him before, well... Removing him will endanger Anna further, as I now know who will be the one used to make the attempt on her. And Miss Bluehill is a captured Nephanda, yes, though while she was captured in Boston, I do believe she is from out of state."

"I was not intending to move on Dr Weris before we are ready I just had to mark the quite...remarkable concidence, Dr Waris was the one who got the recepie for the magick dampening serum from the Union and first presented it to the Traditions."
Udella said then she nodded about the information about Sierra.

He nodded, "True, true - but do those anti-scrying laws extend to having someone directly watching within the same room, or through a pair of binoculars? I'm assuming electronic surveillance is counted on par with magical scrying, of course."

"No watching someone physically would be legal Mr Wainwright but it would also be easilly discovered and would be considered to be in rather bad form without good, provable cause. Sending someone to physically watch a member of the Security Council would be noticed."
Udella said and frowned.
"As for electronic surveilance that is in a gray area legally."

He nodded, "Oh, it is likely to be considered an excessive punishment... However, suggesting it to Nilda in the future was... most satisfying, even if it was only borderline legal for being padded in oh-so-many conditions, and not specifically aimed at any one named person..."

"Well threathening with it is not illegal just doing it without a sentence, but yes it would likely be considered rather excessive, also you would need the memories from somewhere and you might not want to tell anyone that your Avatar is made from bits that have been Gilgulled."
The old Enforcer commented.

He pondered, "...It is quite plausible that Griga may carry a grudge, or feel he has unfinished business. Would the testimony of a ghost be admissible in a trial, if summoned as a witness?"

"Yes this have been done many times and are perfectly admissable as testimny at a Tribunal."
Udella said and nodded.
"My House do not learn Ars Vim just to destroy."

He nodded, "And best be careful with letting on about the potential long-term harm, too... that'll only serve to frighten her further, even if it can be avoided."

"Agreed I will avoid mentioning it to her, I do not want Allison scared, she is suffering from the effect of a pretty bad bout of Paradox and she is already scared being captured by the Traditions, I do not want to add to that."
Udella said and she nodded in agreement.

He smiled wryly, "It's not necessarily that there are few of us left, but we're increasingly forced into hiding by misguided expressions of feminism... Apparently, holding the door open for a woman is now deemed patriarchal, as is any of a number of small, polite gestures. Except paying for everything, it seems, regardless of who actually has a job with a steady income. There are a few logical inconsistencies in current feminism, it seems... Ah, well, it's a vocal minority; it'll devour itself soon enough, I think..."

"I have noticed this thrend and the real shame of it is that it invalidates the real struggle for equality, when you see someone complain that a man opened a door for her it is hard to realize that others are fighting for far more important causes."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.

He strolled down to Crexia's office and gently knocked on the door.

You heard the old archmage reply from inside her office.
"Yes...come in."

(OOC: Well Freddy will like him green. Razz )

(OOC 2: I hate it when the internet go down, I am so addicted. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"That is quite understandable, very few Avatars like to be interacted with by anyone but their hosts, and with yours she have good reason to be skeptical. Hopefully none but the ones she find acceptable will have to look at her."
Udella said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Let us hope both she and Master Tolle will be... reasonable about it."

"I do believe that is a safer course of action indeed Mr Wainwright."
The Quesitor said and nodded.
"Should we try to talk with the man the next time you are on Horizon then or should I try to do so when I return? I live there after all."
He smiled thinly, "I think it might be best if a Quaesitor, a senior member of his own House, spoke with him about it. He took some offense in the future when I suggested not every member of House Guernicus was entirely... clean. Unfortunate, but understandable."

"I was not intending to move on Dr Weris before we are ready I just had to mark the quite...remarkable concidence, Dr Waris was the one who got the recepie for the magick dampening serum from the Union and first presented it to the Traditions."
Udella said then she nodded about the information about Sierra.
He frowned, "Hum... that does bring up some unpleasant implications... did he ever satisfactorily explain how he obtained the formula?"

"No watching someone physically would be legal Mr Wainwright but it would also be easilly discovered and would be considered to be in rather bad form without good, provable cause. Sending someone to physically watch a member of the Security Council would be noticed."
Udella said and frowned.
"As for electronic surveilance that is in a gray area legally."
He nodded, "Most likely it would be noticed, yes... I don't suppose sending in an invisible observer would be particularly well received, either? Still, keeping half an eye on his movements might yet be viable, even if close scrutiny is out of the question."

"Well threathening with it is not illegal just doing it without a sentence, but yes it would likely be considered rather excessive, also you would need the memories from somewhere and you might not want to tell anyone that your Avatar is made from bits that have been Gilgulled."
The old Enforcer commented.
He nodded, "I would not dream of doing something like that without explicit legal authorization, obviously. As for where the memories would come from, I imagine there might be a number of... gilgul victims that might carry enough presence of mind and sufficient grudge against Nilda and his peers to gladly provide such a memory... As for what Mia is assembled from... her being a shard cluster likely makes that all too obvious, I'm afraid. My explicitly remembering whose shards, now that is a far more dangerous prospect..."

"Yes this have been done many times and are perfectly admissable as testimny at a Tribunal."
Udella said and nodded.
"My House do not learn Ars Vim just to destroy."
He grinned darkly, "Well, then, Griga just might get the last laugh against the Italians after all..."

"I have noticed this thrend and the real shame of it is that it invalidates the real struggle for equality, when you see someone complain that a man opened a door for her it is hard to realize that others are fighting for far more important causes."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
He nodded, "It's hard to take someone offended by having a door opened for them seriously, when young women are attacked with acid to the face merely for wanting an education... I can and do sympathize with a lot of the equality issues, but the professionally offended do make it difficult to see their point of view."

You heard the old archmage reply from inside her office.
"Yes...come in."
He slipped inside and closed the door quietly, "Milady. I hope your meeting was peacefully concluded... ah, Taliesin told me you were speaking with someone, so I made the detour to speak with Master Adimari first."

((OOC: Freddy likes anything green, it seems. With the possible exception of fresh vegetables. And hopefully, fuzzy meat. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Colin nodded, "Let us hope both she and Master Tolle will be... reasonable about it."

"We can only hope Mr Wainwright."
Udella said then she gave a conspirational grin.
"Then again I know what sort of Tass she likes."

He smiled thinly, "I think it might be best if a Quaesitor, a senior member of his own House, spoke with him about it. He took some offense in the future when I suggested not every member of House Guernicus was entirely... clean. Unfortunate, but understandable."

"I will have a talk with my young Housemate then."
The old Enforcer said and nodded.

He frowned, "Hum... that does bring up some unpleasant implications... did he ever satisfactorily explain how he obtained the formula?"

"No what he said was that he and his Cabal had been attempted captured but got away, but a woman in his Cabal had been injected with the serum, and he reconstructed it from a sample of her blood, well it is an explination at least but now I am starting to wonder."
Udella said and frowned.

He nodded, "Most likely it would be noticed, yes... I don't suppose sending in an invisible observer would be particularly well received, either? Still, keeping half an eye on his movements might yet be viable, even if close scrutiny is out of the question."

"Sending an invisible observer would be considered scrying. I will see what can be done, but observing this man unseen will not be easy."
The Enforcer said and nodded.

He nodded, "I would not dream of doing something like that without explicit legal authorization, obviously. As for where the memories would come from, I imagine there might be a number of... gilgul victims that might carry enough presence of mind and sufficient grudge against Nilda and his peers to gladly provide such a memory... As for what Mia is assembled from... her being a shard cluster likely makes that all too obvious, I'm afraid. My explicitly remembering whose shards, now that is a far more dangerous prospect..."

"There are not that many Gilgul victims alive, other than on Nephandi the punishment is quite rare and most Nephandi are executed afterwards but I suppose someone might be found, but yes I do think you are aiming to high for a punishment and no you should not share your memories with anyone Mr Wainwright that would be quite dangerous."
Udella adviced.

He grinned darkly, "Well, then, Griga just might get the last laugh against the Italians after all..."

"Indeed so he might."
Udella said and grinned.
"Indeed so he might."

He nodded, "It's hard to take someone offended by having a door opened for them seriously, when young women are attacked with acid to the face merely for wanting an education... I can and do sympathize with a lot of the equality issues, but the professionally offended do make it difficult to see their point of view."

"You find the same in all areas, one of my Cabalmates is a Bonisagus from Kongo, he have been treated quite badly when we visit USA a few times and there is a real problem with racial inequality, but then you have some who take great offense at a white practitioner using Hoodoo or wearing their hair in small braids and then they loose me."
The old Quesitor said and frowned.
"And the problem is that the profesionally offended takes away attention fro the real problems."

He slipped inside and closed the door quietly, "Milady. I hope your meeting was peacefully concluded... ah, Taliesin told me you were speaking with someone, so I made the detour to speak with Master Adimari first."

Crexia sat at a old esk, her office had high quality furniture but they where all quite old. The curtains where dark blue and made of velvet, the desk had a marble top and oak bottom, the blue and purple carpet was finelly woven, there where bookshelves filled with old books along the walls. The archmaga herself sat looking over some papers, before her stood a cup of tea she did not drink, she had told you she enjoyed the small.
"Ah Mr Wainwright please come in, yes my guest have departed."
She confirmed and indicated a chair.
"Please take a seat, would you like a cup of tea?"
She offered.

(OOC: Plants are ok if someone else prepare them but fuzzy meat not so much, everything else green is greeat. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum