Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 Empty Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 am

(OOC: This will be a thread for the scenes we want to roleplay during the downtime between the first story and the second in the campaign. We are starting with a Cabal meeting to discuss Serge and Nicole entering the Cabal. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:15 am

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

You where all gathered at Colin's apartment. Anna was out with Freddy to get some stationary supplies the young mage would need for her studies. Jeffry had made the suggestion that Serge and Nicole might be a good fit for your Cabal and asked that you discuss it. Outside it was raining so it would be a boring drive for Adley when he want back to the university later for his afternoon classes.

Beatrice where still to weak to attend though when hearing about the meeting she had entrusted Adley with her vote as she trusted him to vote with her wishes in mind and trusted his wisdom. Jon had been sent on some job for Narim and where unable to attend and Richard where still working at the hospital, he was performing a surgery and could not leave, neither the Akashic Brotherhood nor the Virtual Adepts ha the tradition of transferring votes to others though so no one had their votes they just trusted their friends to make the right choice.

Jarath Colin's own friend where sitting on a shelf looking curiously at the gathered mages looking a bit confused about what the fuss was about as everyone settled down for the meeting. Bruce sat down at the kitchen table an grunted to indicate he was ready to get things underway.

(OOC: Warp I hope it is ok that I just used Colin's apartment for the meeting it had to be placed somewhere so I picked a room at random.)

(OOC 2: Tane we can finish up the scenes he is in in this thread here as they are just about done, both the ones with the NPCs and the ones with Colin but he shoul also be a part of the Cabal meeting.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:35 am

((OOC: Quite alright. Has Colin and Richard swapped pads yet? Razz ))

Colin cleared his throat as he looked around the table at the gathered members of his Cabal, as well as Tane, Nicole and Serge; first formal meeting since he'd been put in charge of it... perhaps it was overdue. Having everyone present would have been preferable, but between Beatrice's... recovery, and demands of the service, they'd just have to make do...
"Right, as appointed leader of this Cabal of ours, I will lead this meeting, but we'll take things to a vote in the proper time - I have no intention of being a despot here... We have our first two points of order: a formal name for the Cabal, and the discussion of additional members; we've had Mr. Tane Karyak assigned to us, and Mr. Serge Yager and Miss Nicole Bouchard have been recommended to our midst. The three have, as you can see, been invited for the proceedings, to provide their own opinions on joining us. Any other matters of concern that anyone would like to raise can be taken up after we've settled on the two first points of order... is that acceptable to everyone?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:57 am

(OOC: Yes you have swapped apartments, getting some help from Jon and Freddy to get things moved, so now Anna have her own room. Jarath though preferred your old windowsill.)

Bruce nodded as he leaned back in his seat making the chair creak.
"Sure that works, I have not really talked to any of those two though Miss Bouchard looks like she can be handy in a fight and I hear she have petitioned to build a workshop of the unused space in the garage which I approve of."
The Orphan artificer said as he glanced at Colin and then settled down to hear what everyone else had to say.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Right on the appointed time, Nicole entered the room; dressed in beat-up sneakers, a set of marginally over-snug athletic clothes which made her toned body obvious and plain steel jewellery.

'Is this gonna take long?' was her first question on entering the room, either sitting down or propping herself up against a handy wall or counter. Letting the others get their complaints in first, look on her face as though she was expecting resistance.

[Jarath?]

[Can we start PC-PC threads now?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:17 pm

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"It is quite likely that yes it will take some time."
Bruce said plainly as he glanced over to Nicole, he was a large man, built like an ox wearing a pair of jeans that had been washed to many times, and a plain black tshirt, he wore no jewelry or adornments of any kind.

The owl sitting on a shelf glanced over at you, and for some reason there was this twinge inside of you, I mean surly you where not afraid of the fluffy looking bird, that was impossible, but there was this little twinge of something deep inside your psyche, like when most humans see a snake or a wild predator, that twinge of alarm.

(OOC: Colin's "pet" owl so Nicole having a somewhat different ancestry might feel something on seeing him.)
(OOC2: Yeah sure just mark them so the scenes can be kept apart.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:36 pm

[Cabal Meeting, Colin's apartment, Wednesday morning]
Right on the appointed time, Nicole entered the room; dressed in beat-up sneakers, a set of marginally over-snug athletic clothes which made her toned body obvious and plain steel jewellery.

'Is this gonna take long?' was her first question on entering the room, either sitting down or propping herself up against a handy wall or counter. Letting the others get their complaints in first, look on her face as though she was expecting resistance.
Colin smiled and gestured to the available chairs around the table, "Welcome, Miss Bouchard. It should not take very long, though we do have a few things to discuss. I hope you will find it to your interest. I would have served cookies, but it seems my cookie jar went missing either this weekend, or during the move. No matter, it will probably return... in the meantime, I'm afraid I'm reduced to offering Ritz crackers and a small selection of ham and cheese. And, of course, I just put the kettle on, so if anyone has any tea preferences, I can most likely accommodate."
He followed Nicole's glance up to the little owl, "Ah, don't mind Jareth, he's a fluffy little bundle of mischief, perhaps, but he understands quite well what he can and cannot get away with. Hollywood would love him, I think..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm

"Whatever how stuff in a cup that you have will do."
Bruce said though the offer of snacks seamed to interest him more.
"Crackers with ham and cheese works pretty well."
The other Orphan commented, the man enjoyed eating.

Jareth where looking at Nicole you notice with an unusual fascination but when you said his name he cooed and turned his attention to you and the snacks tray, he enjoyed eating as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:10 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja's Post:

Nicole stared at Jareth for a moment, gave a tiny shudder and then shifted her position - one which meant she could not see the bird.

Colin's Post:

'Nah, okay for now. Just that I've got my interview in an hour...' stretching out her arms a bit, causing her shirt to ripple, then a small stifled yawn. 'Wouldn't say no to coffee, mind.'

[Serge's Apartment, mid-October]

Nicole wandered the hallway in the chantry, clad in what the others would recognise as her "workwear", grime-covered coveralls, heavy scuffed boots and a buttoned-up old Army jacket. This time, however she seemed to be either preoccupied or anxious about something.

She'd been around long enough now to know the Ecstatic's habits, and that Serge should be at home right now. Halted at his door, gave a deep breath and knocked.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:16 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

A few minutes after Nicole's arrival, Serge arrived as well. He entered into Colin's apartment wearing what appeared to be a red t-shirt emblazoned with the symbol of the Flash, some worn out jeans, and clutching a small notepad in his hand, quite different from the large one he had held on his first day.

"Hey everyone. Hope I'm not late." Serge said as he glanced nervously at everyone in the room.

[Serge's Apartment]

She'd been around long enough now to know the Ecstatic's habits, and that Serge should be at home right now. Halted at his door, gave a deep breath and knocked.

The knocks went unanswered for a few moments. Eventually the sound of rustling paper and jostled bottles could be heard from inside the followed by a groan. "Fuck is it morning? Or the afternoon? What time is it?" was what Nicole heard coming from inside Serge's room.

After a hearty yawn, Serge said "Is someone knocking? Wait, I'm coming. I'm coming. Don't open the door unless you want to be trapped in a picture. Or do cause I really want to if it works."

After what seemed like a few minuted and several more sound of rustling paper, Serge finally opened the door slightly. He wore a green t-shirt with the teenage mutant ninja turtles posing heroically on it and some sweatpants, both of which were heavily wrinkled. His hair was a mess and his eyes were bloodshot as if he had been up the whole night.

"Oh hey Nicole." Serge said with a smile, despite looking like an absolute wreck. "How's it going?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:40 pm

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

Serge will find Nicole leaning on the wall opposite the door, face in a slight frown. 'If I answer the last question, will you be able to work out the first by yourself?' ending with a little chuckle which sounded forced.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:56 pm

A few minutes after Nicole's arrival, Serge arrived as well. He entered into Colin's apartment wearing what appeared to be a red t-shirt emblazoned with the symbol of the Flash, some worn out jeans, and clutching a small notepad in his hand, quite different from the large one he had held on his first day.

"Hey everyone. Hope I'm not late." Serge said as he glanced nervously at everyone in the room.

Bruce turned slightly and glanced at Serge and grunted as he nodded towards a chair, that was as much of a greeting that the Cultist got from the Orphan artificer.

On one of the shelves filled with books there sat an rather round and fluffy owl, it still had some of it's baby feathers and his large, round eyes kept watch of every new arrival, after all you never knew who might bring a treat or something to play with.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:11 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Bruce turned slightly and glanced at Serge and grunted as he nodded towards a chair, that was as much of a greeting that the Cultist got from the Orphan artificer.

On one of the shelves filled with books there sat an rather round and fluffy owl, it still had some of it's baby feathers and his large, round eyes kept watch of every new arrival, after all you never knew who might bring a treat or something to play with.

Serge took his assigned and then look back at the owl. He smiled, flipped open his notepad and began doodling away while he waited for the meeting to begin, taking quick glances at the owl making it no surprise what he was drawing.

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge will find Nicole leaning on the wall opposite the door, face in a slight frown. 'If I answer the last question, will you be able to work out the first by yourself?' ending with a little chuckle which sounded forced.

"Yeah sure. I don't really care what time it is anyways." Serge said with a shrug before repeating the question, "So how's it going?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:59 pm

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

'What, my weekend away? New Bedford ain't much to shout about.' Nicole replied, crossing her arms in front of her, her left hand in Serge's direct view - and now sporting a new tattoo. 'Going to be heading over to the shop in a bit, thought I'd drop in on you first.'

[Realised the 'plot point' requires her to have gone away for a couple of days - sorry!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:22 pm

[Serge's Apartment]

'What, my weekend away? New Bedford ain't much to shout about.' Nicole replied, crossing her arms in front of her, her left hand in Serge's direct view - and now sporting a new tattoo. 'Going to be heading over to the shop in a bit, thought I'd drop in on you first.'

"Oh shit, is that new?" Serge said pointing towards her left hand. "Kinda reminds me of indian Mehndi. Anyways glad your trip went well. I've just been here drinking gatorade, drawing, and bingeing netflix."

Another yawn came from Serge again and he quickly brought his own hand to cover his mouth. "Ahhhhhh, sorry. I've been awake for way too long. Why are you going to the shop? Making something cool? A laser gun? Hope it's a laser gun."

(OOC: No problem)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Adley sat attentively in his chair for the most part but every now and then shifted as if something irritated him; he couldn't quite sit still or get comfortable. He was wearing his work clothing, a battered jacket and jeans and his bag was next to him. Either he had just been at work early in the morning or more likely was going to go soon.

Right on the appointed time, Nicole entered the room; dressed in beat-up sneakers, a set of marginally over-snug athletic clothes which made her toned body obvious and plain steel jewellery. 'Is this gonna take long?' was her first question on entering the room, either sitting down or propping herself up against a handy wall or counter. Letting the others get their complaints in first, look on her face as though she was expecting resistance.
"It is quite likely that yes it will take some time."
Bruce said plainly as he glanced over to Nicole, he was a large man, built like an ox wearing a pair of jeans that had been washed to many times, and a plain black tshirt, he wore no jewelry or adornments of any kind.

"Ms. Bouchard, that depends in part on you. If you'd like it to be shorter, you're welcome to leave now. That would shorten the agenda considerably."

Colin smiled and gestured to the available chairs around the table, "Welcome, Miss Bouchard. It should not take very long, though we do have a few things to discuss. I hope you will find it to your interest. I would have served cookies, but it seems my cookie jar went missing either this weekend, or during the move. No matter, it will probably return... in the meantime, I'm afraid I'm reduced to offering Ritz crackers and a small selection of ham and cheese. And, of course, I just put the kettle on, so if anyone has any tea preferences, I can most likely accommodate." He followed Nicole's glance up to the little owl, "Ah, don't mind Jareth, he's a fluffy little bundle of mischief, perhaps, but he understands quite well what he can and cannot get away with. Hollywood would love him, I think..."

"Tea would be nice, but don't trouble yourself, amicus."

'Nah, okay for now. Just that I've got my interview in an hour...' stretching out her arms a bit, causing her shirt to ripple, then a small stifled yawn. 'Wouldn't say no to coffee, mind.'

"Ah, where are you applying to, may I ask?"

A few minutes after Nicole's arrival, Serge arrived as well. He entered into Colin's apartment wearing what appeared to be a red t-shirt emblazoned with the symbol of the Flash, some worn out jeans, and clutching a small notepad in his hand, quite different from the large one he had held on his first day. "Hey everyone. Hope I'm not late." Serge said as he glanced nervously at everyone in the room.

"Mr Yager."

"Right, as appointed leader of this Cabal of ours, I will lead this meeting, but we'll take things to a vote in the proper time - I have no intention of being a despot here... We have our first two points of order: a formal name for the Cabal, and the discussion of additional members; we've had Mr. Tane Karyak assigned to us, and Mr. Serge Yager and Miss Nicole Bouchard have been recommended to our midst. The three have, as you can see, been invited for the proceedings, to provide their own opinions on joining us. Any other matters of concern that anyone would like to raise can be taken up after we've settled on the two first points of order... is that acceptable to everyone?"
Bruce nodded as he leaned back in his seat making the chair creak.
"Sure that works, I have not really talked to any of those two though Miss Bouchard looks like she can be handy in a fight and I hear she have petitioned to build a workshop of the unused space in the garage which I approve of."
The Orphan artificer said as he glanced at Colin and then settled down to hear what everyone else had to say.

"I have one additional consideration. Resource management, obviously we're inclined to share with one another but some equipment we might want to work on in common. Like communications. It would have been good to have our communications more secure, like our telephones. We never quite got the time to work on that when shit hit the fan, but we can be better prepared next time and be more self sufficient. Mr Yager has useful skills in the art of the mind, he has helped us several times to diffuse situations and comfort those who were injured, including Beatrice. Miss Bouchard is quite good in a fight and readily gave blood to Richard, which may have saved his life. However, I have some reservations due to her attitude and conduct in a few situations. Fewer concerns than some of our current membership, though." He frowned.

// Better than Adley's room - unless they got to go to Ikea, they'd be sitting on the floor lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Serge took his assigned and then look back at the owl. He smiled, flipped open his notepad and began doodling away while he waited for the meeting to begin, taking quick glances at the owl making it no surprise what he was drawing.

Jareth did notice that you looked at him and he also noticed your colorful pencils and Colin will be able to see that he wanted them, the really wanted them after all they where nicely shaped to hold in his beak so he could toss them all over the place and he finally took his attention of Nicole and where keeping an close eye on those pencils to see if he could steal a few.

"I have one additional consideration. Resource management, obviously we're inclined to share with one another but some equipment we might want to work on in common. Like communications. It would have been good to have our communications more secure, like our telephones.

"There are things that can be done to enchant phones to make them more secure, but we we are discussing phones we really should run it by Jon e is the one who knows how to fiddle with them."
Bruce grunted.

We never quite got the time to work on that when shit hit the fan, but we can be better prepared next time and be more self sufficient.

"We should make a list of what we need and then decide how to get it."
The Orphan agreed.

Mr Yager has useful skills in the art of the mind, he has helped us several times to diffuse situations and comfort those who were injured, including Beatrice. Miss Bouchard is quite good in a fight and readily gave blood to Richard, which may have saved his life. However, I have some reservations due to her attitude and conduct in a few situations. Fewer concerns than some of our current membership, though." He frowned.

"I have barely spoken with the kid so with him I don't care either way he seams nice enough."
Bruce said indicating Serge.
"Miss Bouchard is good at what she do, I could do someone else who knows how to build things, it do not matter to me that she is not the world's greatest diplomat."
He said and shrugged.

(OOC: The Ikea trip was the day before.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:13 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja's Post:

'Auto shop Roxbury ways.' Nicole replied, ignoring Adley's previous comment.

Anja's Post:

'"Reservations"? Shit, I'd like to know what I'm accused of first, me.' she replied, crossing her arms and giving a "didn't do nothing wrong" look.

[Serge's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'That it is. Why I went to Bedford in a hurry; artist had a cancellation and offered to slip me in. Still stings like fuck, though.' looking down and flexing the hand out; Serge will see the pattern continued around the other side, only the palm being clear.

Anja's Post:

'Nothing interesting; just taking Fran's car to get the underside rust-proofed.' giving a little shrug.

'Well... you gonna invite me in or not?' the large woman's anxiety clearly rising.

[I've noticed Adley sometimes uses 'Ms' and other times 'Miss' - is this OOC typos or Adley switching between the two?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:59 pm

"Good luck."

"There are things that can be done to enchant phones to make them more secure, but we we are discussing phones we really should run it by Jon e is the one who knows how to fiddle with them."
Bruce grunted.

"Yes, likely Jon would be able to deal with them."

"We should make a list of what we need and then decide how to get it."
The Orphan agreed.

"Good."

"Miss Bouchard is good at what she do, I could do someone else who knows how to build things, it do not matter to me that she is not the world's greatest diplomat."
He said and shrugged.

"It matters to me, seeing as how there are some delicate...political issues that we're in the midst of dealing with, and forsee in the coming months."

"Reservations"? Shit, I'd like to know what I'm accused of first, me.' she replied, crossing her arms and giving a "didn't do nothing wrong" look.

"I recall you having an overabundance of ill-placed curiosity while we were dealing with vampire prisoners and...guests in the basement, last week. You insisted on watching them be staked, and the motivation did not seem to be to cover our backs in case something went awry. Would you care to explain what was going on?"

// typo, unless he knows for sure she's married or not, he'd use Ms, much like with his students or anyone he's not on a first name basis with

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:11 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"Mr Yager."

Serge nodded respectfully at the elder mage, a little unnerved by the stoic greeting.

Jareth did notice that you looked at him and he also noticed your colorful pencils and Colin will be able to see that he wanted them, the really wanted them after all they where nicely shaped to hold in his beak so he could toss them all over the place and he finally took his attention of Nicole and where keeping an close eye on those pencils to see if he could steal a few.

"Let's see...rocket jet pack...or human arms?" Serge muttered to himself as he drew the picture of the owl.

Adley wrote:Mr Yager has useful skills in the art of the mind, he has helped us several times to diffuse situations and comfort those who were injured, including Beatrice. Miss Bouchard is quite good in a fight and readily gave blood to Richard, which may have saved his life. However, I have some reservations due to her attitude and conduct in a few situations. Fewer concerns than some of our current membership, though." He frowned.
"I have barely spoken with the kid so with him I don't care either way he seams nice enough."
He said and shrugged.

Serge stayed silent and listened as the others discussed him and Nicole, figuring that it wasn't his place to judge himself. He could still barely believe that Master Morgan had recommended him to a Cabal and that Mr. Wainwright was seriously considering letting him join. He didn't want to say anything that could ruin his chances.

[Serge's Apartment]

'That it is. Why I went to Bedford in a hurry; artist had a cancellation and offered to slip me in. Still stings like fuck, though.' looking down and flexing the hand out; Serge will see the pattern continued around the other side, only the palm being clear.

"Yeah doesn't getting a tattoo hurt... like a lot? Jamming you with that freaky needle thing tattoo artists use." Serge asked as he leaned in closer to get a better look at the design.

'Nothing interesting; just taking Fran's car to get the underside rust-proofed.' giving a little shrug.

'Well... you gonna invite me in or not?' the large woman's anxiety clearly rising.

Serge looked a little surprised by the question. "Uhh, well...." he stammered before turning his head to get a better look at the room behind him.

"That is....probably not a good idea. I haven't cleaned in like...ever. How about we go to the common room instead? I still haven't had breakfast." he suggested.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Adley's Post:

'First of all, it was to watch your backs, 'cos vampires are nasty, dangerous things.' Nicole replied firmly. 'Second, to solve an argument I had a while back back - whether vampires just look like a dead body or if they mimic someone sleeping when crashed out.' ending with a dismissive wave of the hand.

'Shit. If that's what's caused the sour face for the last week, you could have simply asked.'

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

'Depends where it is. Hands are one of the worst, 'cos all the nerves.' turning it around so he could get a better look. 'Took around ten hours in total.'

Serge's Post:

'Er... really ain't the conversation I can do in public.' Nicole replied, looking uncomfortable. 'Look, if it's such an issue, we can go to mine.' A place which was likely to be even worse, if what little he knew about her was anything to go by.

[Well, I can't visualise Nick being a "Mrs".]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:09 am

[Cabal meeting 10 AM Wednesday September 30th, 2015]
"Whatever how stuff in a cup that you have will do."
Bruce said though the offer of snacks seamed to interest him more.
"Crackers with ham and cheese works pretty well."
The other Orphan commented, the man enjoyed eating.

Jareth where looking at Nicole you notice with an unusual fascination but when you said his name he cooed and turned his attention to you and the snacks tray, he enjoyed eating as well.
Colin nodded, "Just mind the owl - he's not really supposed to have human food, but he's quick to sneak a snack when nobody's watching."

Nicole stared at Jareth for a moment, gave a tiny shudder and then shifted her position - one which meant she could not see the bird.
He arched an eyebrow ever so slightly, "Ah, not fond of birds, Miss Bouchard? Hum, I'm afraid it's going to take some persuasion to move him from his comfy perch there..."

He nodded, "I'm afraid I only have instant, will that be quite acceptable? Also, I'm sure we can round up things in time for that - where is this interview?"

"Ms. Bouchard, that depends in part on you. If you'd like it to be shorter, you're welcome to leave now. That would shorten the agenda considerably."
He arched an eyebrow at Adley, then looked down at the couple of pages of notes he had prepared.

"Good luck."
He nodded, "Quite, good luck. We'll try to wrap up the discussion of your invitation to join the Cabal fairly quickly, then; it's not necessarily a long drive, but traffic being occasionally tricky in Boston, best not take needless chances."

"Tea would be nice, but don't trouble yourself, amicus."
He nodded, "As I said, I do believe I have some instant coffee, as well. But the kettle's not come to boil yet."

He smiled, "Do come in, you're not late yet."

He glanced over at Serge, "Mr. Yager, mind your writing implements, my feathered friend likes to drop things that might make interesting noises."

"I have one additional consideration. Resource management, obviously we're inclined to share with one another but some equipment we might want to work on in common. Like communications. It would have been good to have our communications more secure, like our telephones. We never quite got the time to work on that when shit hit the fan, but we can be better prepared next time and be more self sufficient. Mr Yager has useful skills in the art of the mind, he has helped us several times to diffuse situations and comfort those who were injured, including Beatrice. Miss Bouchard is quite good in a fight and readily gave blood to Richard, which may have saved his life. However, I have some reservations due to her attitude and conduct in a few situations. Fewer concerns than some of our current membership, though." He frowned.
Bruce grunted.
He nodded, noting down a couple of points on a blank page, and a few doodles in the margins, "The resource management can be postponed to after we've determined who's in and who's out, to put it bluntly - no point in assigning responsibilities to someone who is not invested in our mutual upkeep. As for reservations, yes, those should be addressed during the discussion of invitations."

'"Reservations"? Shit, I'd like to know what I'm accused of first, me.' she replied, crossing her arms and giving a "didn't do nothing wrong" look.
He said and shrugged.
"It matters to me, seeing as how there are some delicate...political issues that we're in the midst of dealing with, and forsee in the coming months."
He nodded thoughtfully, "A valid point. And part of the purpose for the meeting in the first place. Miss Bouchard thinks well on her feet. While being told to avoid hurting the ship, and then throwing in an oversized jury-rigged fragmentation grenade might not be the best strategic decision, I will not deny that it was a most efficient and ultimately successful tactical judgment call. It was, however, very fortunate that I was able to help the Handler, hm, siphon off some of the pain the ship felt at the blast; otherwise, the situation might have turned sour with a giant polyp in a blind rage..."
He glanced directly at Nicole's left arm, "That said, from what I've seen, she does appear solid and dependable, and with... some interesting tricks up her sleeve. No need to get into specifics beyond that, though."

"I recall you having an overabundance of ill-placed curiosity while we were dealing with vampire prisoners and...guests in the basement, last week. You insisted on watching them be staked, and the motivation did not seem to be to cover our backs in case something went awry. Would you care to explain what was going on?"
'First of all, it was to watch your backs, 'cos vampires are nasty, dangerous things.' Nicole replied firmly. 'Second, to solve an argument I had a while back back - whether vampires just look like a dead body or if they mimic someone sleeping when crashed out.' ending with a dismissive wave of the hand.

'Shit. If that's what's caused the sour face for the last week, you could have simply asked.'
He arched an eyebrow, doodled a few symbols in the margin of one page, then nodded thoughtfully.

Serge stayed silent and listened as the others discussed him and Nicole, figuring that it wasn't his place to judge himself. He could still barely believe that Master Morgan had recommended him to a Cabal and that Mr. Wainwright was seriously considering letting him join. He didn't want to say anything that could ruin his chances.
He glanced over at Serge, "You've not said anything yet, Mr. Yager, just drawn a very good portrait of Jareth. No observations or opinions you would care to share? Keep in mind, this is not a reality show where people are voted out and the last remaining contestant wins a seat, we'll consider you on your own merits individually."

((OOC: Sorry, guys, thought I'd remembered to mention going to a party today. Looks like that slipped away in the last post. Razz Was good party, though.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:26 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin's Post:

'I... don't know. Just creeps me out, it does, with those big eyes and little sharp beak...' she muttered, giving another little shudder, a little confused to why she felt like this.

Colin's Post:

Nicole gave a nod, showing instant was fine. 'Should be okay, if I can leave here by half-past.'

Colin's Post:

'Was not told to avoid ship damage, me.' Nicole replied, firmly and bluntly. 'The portal was a perfect kill-zone, which needed either an explosive or poison for us to press forward. The biggest explosion happened 'cos the Hermetic who gave me it said okay to "drop it in" when he really meant "a drop of it in".'

['Special sleeve' is her right, btw]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:36 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He glanced over at Serge, "Mr. Yager, mind your writing implements, my feathered friend likes to drop things that might make interesting noises."

"Oh that's why he's looking at my pencil." Serge said looking back up at the tricky owl. "Don't think I could stop it if he really wanted it. Don't worry though, I got like 5 drawing utensils on me. Losing one isn't so bad."

Colin wrote:He glanced over at Serge, "You've not said anything yet, Mr. Yager, just drawn a very good portrait of Jareth. No observations or opinions you would care to share? Keep in mind, this is not a reality show where people are voted out and the last remaining contestant wins a seat, we'll consider you on your own merits individually."

"Well, I just don't really have much to say. I've met with most of you and you all seem like amazing people. I'd love to join the cabal and would do anything I could to help you guys." Serge said looking up from his notepad to look at Colin. "I've wanted to join a cabal for forever. A group of magickal friends taking care one another. Striving towards a common goal. That'd be a dream come true for young me."

[Serge's Apartment]

'Depends where it is. Hands are one of the worst, 'cos all the nerves.' turning it around so he could get a better look. 'Took around ten hours in total.'

"10 hours? Doesn't look like a design like this would take 10 hours....on paper." Serge said. "But I guess, drawing on an actual person probably requires a bit more grace and finesse."

'Er... really ain't the conversation I can do in public.' Nicole replied, looking uncomfortable. 'Look, if it's such an issue, we can go to mine.' A place which was likely to be even worse, if what little he knew about her was anything to go by.

Surprise turned to curiosity as Nicole mentioned the discrete nature of her desired conversation. "Damn, well now I'm curious. Fine step in. Just don't say I didn't warn you..." he said standing to the side to let Nicole in.

Serge's room looked like a mixture between a young child's and a serial killer's. The floor was an endless sea of paper, both crumpled into balls or just lying flat on the ground. The walls were similarly decorated with drawings, each one depicting a character, setting, monster, item, or scene with intense focus on detail. They were all drawn in pencil but the art style seemed to differ with each one. Some of the characters were recognizable from mainstream popular media while others appeared to be original characters of Serge's own creation.  

His desk was equally as messy as it held large piles of these drawings as well as an array of pencils, pens, markers, and other artistic tools. Empty bottles of gatorade and cans of monster energy drink could also be see strewn around his desk with his sketchbook lying flat in the middle of the mess.

"Sorry for the mess. Not many people come in here." Serge said nervously leaning against a wall near the door. "You can sit anywhere. So, what'd you want to talk about?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:17 am

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

'Paper's not likely to complain the inks' gone in the wrong depth, threaten illness if you hit a vein or be unable to erase if you slip.' Nicole stated calmly; having picked up a few things about the art from many an hour on their chairs or tables.

Serge's Post:

Nicole ran an eye over the room, produced a raised eyebrow, then ended with a shrug - whether she "saw no problem", "can't complain" or "don't care" was unclear.

'Yes...' she began, uncharacteristically nervous. 'I... need to ask you for a favour.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next