Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 27 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:13 am

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

A another silence, as the large woman processed this. 'So, let me get this right... you shelled out all that green, all that effort and time... getting good at something which you didn't even know would be practical or wanted in the wider world?' tone making it clear she thought that was insane.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Will still get chickified. Can be the "gal from the wrong side of tracks" but still need to be soft and girly enough. Plus, I'll get a scrubbed up version of a past which was no worse than "growing up lower middle class".' ending with a sneer.

Serge's Post:

'So, if you're the star, we're all the sidekicks.' Nicole retorted. 'Therefore, you'll have your personality completely scrubbed, so kids can identify with you - like Harry Potter.'

Serge's Post:

'Won't call it anything... will simply be "that woman who can fix or make almost anything" who shows up in town for a week or two.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 27 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Adley Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 am

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

A another silence, as the large woman processed this. 'So, let me get this right... you shelled out all that green, all that effort and time... getting good at something which you didn't even know would be practical or wanted in the wider world?' tone making it clear she thought that was insane.

"I spent all that time and money pursuing something that I enjoyed, that I felt was important to me, that made me understand myself better. That enables me to understand that wider world better too, even if I am not likely to be rolling in cash any time soon. You could have the same attitude for many pursuits, any art, including magick. You were lucky enough that something you enjoy and are skilled at is also fairly lucrative and usually in demand but if it had not been, would you have just given up on something that was important to you if you could find a way to make ends meet and still pursue it? I would rather not have a lot of money but know myself better than before than be rich and ignorant of who I truly am, or to have stayed asleep my entire life."

[Chicago, talking with Carmon]

"Thank you Sodalis, I do not need to remove the knowledge, your word is enough."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Like I said it is a private matter but not illegal or something that would harm other than my pride if it became known."

"As you wish," he said with a nod of his head.

"If you have a question I will ask them."
Crexia said as she put the candles down and then took a small pouch from her belt, inside was iron filings which she used to form the planetary sigil of Mars with the candles inside the symbol. "You do not need to do anything but do not turn your back to the spirit while He is here and do not turn your back to the South." She instructed.

"I do not believe it is my place to question you about this matter, I just am concerned that we could make things worse somehow. I...I know that is my fear speaking. After what I did, and the regret and..." he stopped, looking at what she was drawing on the ground and recognizing the sigil. "And the grief I share..." he finished. Then he moved over so that he would stand in a proper place. "My only other question would be what sort of stance should I take when they make their appearance other than your instructions...would this be appropriate?" he asked, standing so that he was facing the South with his gaze slightly lowered.

"He was a good friend, and you gave him the only mercy you could." Crexia said and sigh. "When I tell you to can you speak his name to the Celestine, I will cast a spell so I do not hear it as his name was a gift for you, it should not be shared with other than with the spirit who might be able to help your friend." The archmage instructed. "Any questions before I start the ritual."

"Thank you," he said, and then waited quietly, in a deferential posture but quiet. "No, I do not think I have any questions..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:59 am

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Would I have gone a different path if the one I do right now had no offerings? Yes. Know what it's like to have literally nothing, to be hungry and cold. If a hobby don't pay, you have to leave it as that and go and find a gig that does pay.' Nicole's confusion clear, like she was being Master of the Obvious. 'Anyways, have done lots of jobs in my time; it's just something folk have to do. You're lucky if you don't hate the thing.' ending with a little shrug.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 am

"I never said not to get some other job so that you could make ends meet. I just asked if you would have given it up, if you could manage to do what you cared about, even if you had to find something else. But what I do is not a hobby and it is more even than a career to make me money, is what I am saying. It is part of my lifepath. At any rate, at the moment we're both fortunate, we have jobs that use our skills. If I should have to lose this one, I will find another way and hopefully will be lucky enough not to 'hate the thing' as you say." He was quiet a moment, then added, "I'm sorry to hear that you spend time in that situation, having nothing...perhaps Boston will have more opportunities than that, at least."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:43 am

"I do not believe it is my place to question you about this matter, I just am concerned that we could make things worse somehow. I...I know that is my fear speaking. After what I did, and the regret and..." he stopped, looking at what she was drawing on the ground and recognizing the sigil. "And the grief I share..." he finished. Then he moved over so that he would stand in a proper place. "My only other question would be what sort of stance should I take when they make their appearance other than your instructions...would this be appropriate?" he asked, standing so that he was facing the South with his gaze slightly lowered.

"I doubt it will make it worse, Celestines seldomly attack one another, so if my...grandfather can not talk the Creator God into releasing your friend's soul, he will stay where he is and that is pretty much it."
Crexia said.
"That works but I think that he would appriciate it more if you behaved around him like a soldier would around their general."
She instructed.

"Thank you," he said, and then waited quietly, in a deferential posture but quiet. "No, I do not think I have any questions..."

Crexia drew a deep breath that she did not need and then she started chanting in Latin, calling out to the Celestine, her voice steady and proud.
"Father of my father hear me and grace you with my pressence, I am Aurelia Cassia daugther of the venerable Cassia Liviana who won the right to her own name by service most eccelent, and your son, the father of Roe Romulus, I call you here tohear my request o most honored God of fire and swords."
The archmage chanted and the flames on the candles danced an you started feeling...something, a pressence most grand.
"I give sacrifice to you to invite you to appear before me!"
Crexia sai and she took a smal vial of what smelled like flower oil and poured it on the floor.
"Oh lord of the battle, ruler of flames hear me, welcome!"
She declared and then you saw him, there was a man in the room and in one way he looked more human than any spirit you had ever seen, he was a percet male specimen of unearthly beauty, his hair was short and practical, ecorated with golden laurals, he wore armor with a mighty sword at his side, fire danced around his feet, but oter than that he looked human, but the way he felt, there was an imense feeling of power, as if you where an ant before this mighty being, just as the spirit appeared you felt you Avatar fill with Quintessence, it was a rush and all at once, not painful but clearly overwealing and it was nothing the spirit had done, it had just happened by his sheer pressence, your soul burned with power inside of you as your eyes laid upon the pressence of Mars, God of war and agriculture and second only to Jupiter Himself. The whole room fileld with power an a feling of holiness as if the chamber was sancifed by the pressence of the God. Mars did not speak, perhaps his words was so powerful that they woul tear feeble moral minds apart but he gave Crexia a fond look as she bowed before him.
"Grandfather I have never asked your favor before but now I feel the need to ask your aid, a man died in this room moments ago, a man cursed by the Christian Creator God, my request is that you speak on his behalf and take him to the blessed underworld of my forefathers, he is invited to go there by me, the daugther of Romulus."
The archmage declared and the God looked at her saying nothing but Crexia looked at you.
"Speak Carmon's name please Sodalis."
She said in a hushed tone of voice as the God's gaze turned to you, threanthening to press you through the stone floor with it's weight. There where more than one manifestation of Mars off course, one inside of your own personal Three of Life for example but this was the spirit representing His qualities this was the spirit worshippe as a God, and he stood before you looking at you with waiting, beautiful eyes that burned with a deep inner fire.

(OOC: You can check of every box on your Quintessence wheel not filled with Paradox, and also for three months Andly will get one minues difficuty on all rolls involving fire or calling on the power of Mars.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:51 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Hum...perhaps I have to redefine my pan to tossing gummy bears at you until you move, I would not want to piss of a Deaconess and a Master of the Art at that if I do not remember it all wrong."
Bruce said with mock disappointment.

"I approve of the gummy bears." Serge said giving Bruce a thumb's up.

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"She sounds cool. I am glad she was able to help you. I hear she was pretty kick ass in the fight against the Nephandi as well. I guess you have to expect that of a Deaconess."
The young mage said and nodded.
"I hope I get to meet her one day."

"She's resting in the infirmary. You can meet her anytime." Serge said with a smile. "She loves having visitors. Probably bored out of her mind just waiting around for her wounds to heal."

Anja wrote:"Ehm...it is...a bit embarashing."
Kyle said and he scratched his head a little.
"Ehm you know how Dr Lee want everyone at the Chantry to get vaccinated? Well I have most of mine but there is a few I am missing, and I do not want to get sick and I definively do not want to get sick and then make Mr Wainwright's kid apprentice sick, so I asked Master Morgan if I could get those vaccines and he said yes. But the thing is this, I generally do not like needles and after that serum and the hospital...I mean my back still hurts, and in addition Miss Rozzo have been saying some things which is a bit disturbing, I ehm...I would prefer if someone came with me for my appointment an I do not want my Mentor and my brother to think I am weak by asking one of them to come with for such a small thing."
He said nervously.
"So yeah ehm...yeah would you come with me to the infirmary to get this done tonight? My appointment is quarter to eight."
He asked and he was clearly nervous and a bit uneasy about the whole thing.
"Well ehm anyway did you want to get some more books while we are here? Think I want to see if I can find something on correspondences."

Serge looked up from his book and gave Kyle an understanding smile. "Sure thing. And I'll make sure not to mention it to your brother or Mentor." he said kindly trying to ease hie nerves.

Knowing the Kyle didn't want to dwell on the subject for too long he said "Yeah, let's go get some more books."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Will still get chickified. Can be the "gal from the wrong side of tracks" but still need to be soft and girly enough. Plus, I'll get a scrubbed up version of a past which was no worse than "growing up lower middle class".' ending with a sneer.

"If I could rewrite people's past I'd be on the Deacon's council myself." Serge said with a chuckle. "And there's plenty of female tropes we can pick and choose from to suit your needs. And I doubt your backstory would get scrubbed. Lot's of kids show characters have really messed up backstories when you really think about it."

Nicole wrote:'So, if you're the star, we're all the sidekicks.' Nicole retorted. 'Therefore, you'll have your personality completely scrubbed, so kids can identify with you - like Harry Potter.'

"I"m cool with that." Serge said with a smile. "A blank personality is the best. Since you can easily place yourself in his shoes. The main character can be molded to your exact specifications in your head. He can be whatever you needed him to be. And in turn I can be whatever I need to be in a certain situation. Always loved character's like that. Generic heroic attitude made it really easy to imagine myself in the show, either as the main character or as a friend of the main character."

Nicole wrote:'Won't call it anything... will simply be "that woman who can fix or make almost anything" who shows up in town for a week or two.'

"Pffft. That's boring." Serge said rolling his eyes. "You gotta have a little pizzazz if you want to attract the people. To get them to spread your story across town. You should be something like....'the repairing phantom' oOoOoOoh." Serge said making vaguely scary ghost noises.

"Give an offering of money and you'll find all of your machines magickally fixed."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:11 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"I approve of the gummy bears." Serge said giving Bruce a thumb's up.

"So you consent to the gummy bears then."
Bruce said sounding amused.

[Going to the Library]

"She's resting in the infirmary. You can meet her anytime." Serge said with a smile. "She loves having visitors. Probably bored out of her mind just waiting around for her wounds to heal."

"Yeah just laying in bed waiting to get better is really boring, I can drop by an say hi to her, I am sure your Mentor would be even happier with a visit from you though Serge."
The young mage said with a smile.
"And I hope she gets better soon."

Serge looked up from his book and gave Kyle an understanding smile. "Sure thing. And I'll make sure not to mention it to your brother or Mentor." he said kindly trying to ease hie nerves.

"Thank you, I owe you one."
Kyle said, he looked hesitant as if he was really, really not looking forward to his appointment.

Knowing the Kyle didn't want to dwell on the subject for too long he said "Yeah, let's go get some more books."

Kyle smiled relieved to think about something else and he went back in amoung the shelves of books.
"Can you see if you find a enxyclopedia of correspondences?"
He asked as you heard Hildegaard came into the room, the Chorister had on a so pale pink it was allmost white, a streight black shirt that reached to below her knees, black stocking and black shoes, she was wearing a pair of pear earrings and a pearl necklace.
"Kyle Mr Yager good morning."
The Chorister said politely as she crossed out something the the log book and then went to put three books back on the shelves before she went looking for another book to borrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:25 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"So you consent to the gummy bears then."

"Hell yeah. Gummy stuff is delicious. If you threw them at me I'd probably move around to see if I could get any into my mouth." Serge said, equally as amused.

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah just laying in bed waiting to get better is really boring, I can drop by an say hi to her, I am sure your Mentor would be even happier with a visit from you though Serge."
The young mage said with a smile.
"And I hope she gets better soon."

"I'll probably visit her right after this. Along with a couple other people." Serge said remembering that today was also the day he was to meet with his Grandmentor.

Anja wrote:Kyle smiled relieved to think about something else and he went back in amoung the shelves of books.
"Can you see if you find a enxyclopedia of correspondences?"
He asked as you heard Hildegaard came into the room, the Chorister had on a so pale pink it was allmost white, a streight black shirt that reached to below her knees, black stocking and black shoes, she was wearing a pair of pear earrings and a pearl necklace.
"Kyle Mr Yager good morning."
The Chorister said politely as she crossed out something the the log book and then went to put three books back on the shelves before she went looking for another book to borrow.

"Good morning Ms. Gottschalk. Is there anything your looking for? I can help you find it." Serge offered with a polite nod, as he searched for an encyclopedia on Correspondence magick for Kyle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:26 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"Hell yeah. Gummy stuff is delicious. If you threw them at me I'd probably move around to see if I could get any into my mouth." Serge said, equally as amused.

"Well at least then you would be moving."
Bruce joked.
"It might be worth it."

[Going to the Library]

"I'll probably visit her right after this. Along with a couple other people." Serge said remembering that today was also the day he was to meet with his Grandmentor.

"Sounds good, I am sure your Mentor will appreciate the visit."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Good morning Ms. Gottschalk. Is there anything your looking for? I can help you find it." Serge offered with a polite nod, as he searched for an encyclopedia on Correspondence magick for Kyle.

You found a huge, leather bound book named Sigs, Symbols and Correspondences of Western Magick by Vanessa Tripton. Hildegaard gave you a slight smile.
"Oh I would not wish to inconvenience you Mr Yager, I am looking for a book about souls and spirits from a Theurgical point of view."
The Chorister commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:12 pm

"I doubt it will make it worse, Celestines seldomly attack one another, so if my...grandfather can not talk the Creator God into releasing your friend's soul, he will stay where he is and that is pretty much it."
Crexia said.
"That works but I think that he would appriciate it more if you behaved around him like a soldier would around their general."
She instructed.

He looked back down at the sigil on the ground and his eyes widened and then he glanced at her. He shifted his posture to one he was much more used to giving anyway, one Crexia had probably seen often enough in her lifetime, standing at attention in front of a superior officer.

"Father of my father hear me and grace you with my pressence, I am Aurelia Cassia daugther of the venerable Cassia Liviana who won the right to her own name by service most eccelent, and your son, the father of Roe Romulus, I call you here tohear my request o most honored God of fire and swords."
The archmage chanted and the flames on the candles danced an you started feeling...something, a pressence most grand.
"I give sacrifice to you to invite you to appear before me!"
Crexia sai and she took a smal vial of what smelled like flower oil and poured it on the floor.
"Oh lord of the battle, ruler of flames hear me, welcome!"

Momentarily, his entire body swam in Quintessence and he struggled to keep his composure rather than simply gape in sheer awe and give an appropriate acknowledgement, one that was silent. He'd cast the rote of Shield of mars about a hundred times, had invoked Mars to banish cowardice and fear in his heart. It was another thing entirely for an aspect of that being to /be right there/ in the same spiritual space. He felt supercharged, the energy coursing around and here was Mars, not a messenger, or a servitor but an actual Celestine who had been worshiped. The being was absolutely beautiful but more than that, he represented a powerful and undeniable force. If Truth had made him feel as a child at a grown up's table had, then this being made him feel like a tiny flame, as if his previous spell had been a lit match, no nothing but the magnitude of difference was undeniable. The room's previous sensation of fear, death and corruption felt instantly diminished in his presence, banished.

"Grandfather I have never asked your favor before but now I feel the need to ask your aid, a man died in this room moments ago, a man cursed by the Christian Creator God, my request is that you speak on his behalf and take him to the blessed underworld of my forefathers, he is invited to go there by me, the daugther of Romulus." The archmage declared and the God looked at her saying nothing but Crexia looked at you. "Speak Carmon's name please Sodalis." She said in a hushed tone of voice as the God's gaze turned to you, threanthening to press you through the stone floor with it's weight. There where more than one manifestation of Mars off course, one inside of your own personal Three of Life for example but this was the spirit representing His qualities this was the spirit worshippe as a God, and he stood before you looking at you with waiting, beautiful eyes that burned with a deep inner fire.

It was not the sort of look lions gave prey, but rather the feeling it looking at you and roaring at evening that announced their dominion...it was a weight of sheer being-ness he'd never experienced before that compelled action with his glance. "His given name was Cresconio Perero, originating from the coast of Spain, O Unwearying Defender; he later took the Name Carmon for himself."

// : o

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : : o)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:23 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:You found a huge, leather bound book named Sigs, Symbols and Correspondences of Western Magick by Vanessa Tripton. Hildegaard gave you a slight smile.
"Oh I would not wish to inconvenience you Mr Yager, I am looking for a book about souls and spirits from a Theurgical point of view."
The Chorister commented.

"It's no inconvenience at all." Serge said kindly. "I'm already here and we'll find something faster if the two of us look."

He began to look for a book that met the Chorister's specifications. Scanning through the bookselves with a careful trying to find something related on the Theurgical point of view on souls and spirits.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:23 pm

He looked back down at the sigil on the ground and his eyes widened and then he glanced at her. He shifted his posture to one he was much more used to giving anyway, one Crexia had probably seen often enough in her lifetime, standing at attention in front of a superior officer.

Crexia gave you a slight nod before she returned to her preparations.

It was not the sort of look lions gave prey, but rather the feeling it looking at you and roaring at evening that announced their dominion...it was a weight of sheer being-ness he'd never experienced before that compelled action with his glance. "His given name was Cresconio Perero, originating from the coast of Spain, O Unwearying Defender; he later took the Name Carmon for himself."

Mars looked at you as you spoke Carmon's name then you sort of got a feeling of a communication in your mind, not words spoken, this spirit where to powerful his words where not for mortal ears or at least not your ears before you had gone through many more Seekings, and yet thre where a powerful thought in your mind.
"This man will be escorted by the Messenger to the river Styx, as my flesh and blood wish it so it shall be, you can be sure of it little sword."
And then the God left though his presence remained, still filling the room with a feeling of Divinity. Crexia spoke her words of gratitude and thanks.
"Most honored grandfather, I give thanks for your blessings and give my solemn wow to sacrifice wine and honey in your honor and sing your praises."
She said as she snuffed out the candles and turned towards you again, fatuige on her face, though she di not speak yet, the feeling of holiness and divinity in the room still quite overwhelming. You felt like a flame among a bonfire, protected and yet small compared to the raging inferno the God's presence had left.

[Going to the Library]

"It's no inconvenience at all." Serge said kindly. "I'm already here and we'll find something faster if the two of us look."

"Very well Mr Yager, I thank you for your help and your kindness."
Hildegard said as she continued to browse the book cases.

He began to look for a book that met the Chorister's specifications. Scanning through the bookselves with a careful trying to find something related on the Theurgical point of view on souls and spirits.

You found one book called Ancestral Spirit and Homestead Deities in Modern Greek Polytheism by Kya Valen and Songs so Soothe the Soul by Brother Ingus.
"Ah also thank you again for your kindness towards Jane Yesterday Mr Yager you made sure the time of the battle passed without her or the other children getting scared or traumatized."
The Chorister said as she picked up a small red book and she read the title as she spoke.

(OOC: Crexia's family get togethers are not quite the same as for everyone else. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:47 pm

"This man will be escorted by the Messenger to the river Styx, as my flesh and blood wish it so it shall be, you can be sure of it little sword." And then the God left though his presence remained, still filling the room with a feeling of Divinity. "Most honored grandfather, I give thanks for your blessings and give my solemn wow to sacrifice wine and honey in your honor and sing your praises." She said as she snuffed out the candles and turned towards you again, fatuige on her face, though she di not speak yet, the feeling of holiness and divinity in the room still quite overwhelming. You felt like a flame among a bonfire, protected and yet small compared to the raging inferno the God's presence had left.

"Thank you," he said, an intense feeling of gratitude, that something could be done for his friend. In the wake of the celestine's departure, he felt relieved and hopeful. At least they had done everything they could and his passing could be not just mourned but also remembered as a passage out of his horrible state that he had endured. He also felt an almost dizzying high from that much quintessence in his system and coupled with Crexia's spell and the lingering traces of the Celestine, he felt like he could fly, fight, or accomplish almost anything, and the drag of pain and suffering from what they'd all been through was bearable.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:26 pm

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"He have a family? Well as long as he is with us and is not an enemy that is fine."
Bruce said with a slight nod then he shrugged.
"Well I associate with Bee so I guess I will get that stigma anyway."
Colin smiled wryly, "There is that - though, I suppose a Fallen Master of the Art, who willingly surrendered to us after attaining his rank would be subject to more suspicion than a slip of a girl whose state as a widderslainte was discovered in yet youth, after she was raised in the Traditions from the start..."

Anja wrote:"I do not need something to be quite so interesting."
Bruce announced wryly.
He nodded, "Well, here I am in any case, so I suppose we'll just have to deal with it..."

Anja wrote:The Orphan got a dark look in his eyes then he shook his head.
"Fuck fate, no entity or prophecy is going to tell me not to protect my Cabalmates, I will do all in my power to protect Beatrice for as long as it is needed!"
The large man declared.
S7trif3 wrote:"Indeed, I know. But...well, let us not overthink this now, we are going to have to try to deal with it as best we can at any rate." He sounded upset at the thought of Beatrice dying in January - or that if they prevented it, who knew what else might happen to whom instead.
Anja wrote:Bruce gave a nod at that but he did not look like he liked the situation much.
"We have to find a way to protect her."
He grumbled.
He nodded, "We'll do everything we can... and pray it will be enough."

Anja wrote:"I like the new plants at least."
Bruce said.
"It is nice you know."
He grinned, "Perhaps I should post the lyrics to 'Carrot Juice is Murder' on the greenhouse door, just to encourage people to not eat the plants carelessly."

Anja wrote:"A little bit of both."
The Orphan said with a chuckle.
"And besides I have been looking for an hobby."
Jeremy wrote:"Typically in the Cult of Ecstatsy your suppose to get consent before stuff like that but you do you do." Serge said with a grin.
Anja wrote:"Now what would be the fun in that, and besides I am not a Cultist."
Bruce joked with a grin.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley gave them an amused look. "As they say, you just have to run faster than the person next to you to get away, not the person with the riding crop."
Anja wrote:"So you are thinking I will just run around the Chantry and randomly hit people with a riding crop Adley?"
He pondered for a moment, "I think I would be more liable to expect that from Freddy... possibly Miss Mandis... Not, of course, that I would suggest either of them would be likely to do so, merely less unlikely than you, Bruce."

S7trif3 wrote:"Just whomever is slower than Serge. With my luck that will be me for a while, so don't hit me too hard."
Anja wrote:"I will try."
Bruce said and grinned.
"Well the problem is that when you are dealing with mages the old and slow ones are generally the ones you least want to make pissed at you."
The Orphan commented wryly.
Jeremy wrote:"So you plan on beating me without my consent? Ooooh my mentor's gonna love hearing about that." Serge said with a smile. "Have fun with the nightmares."
S7trif3 wrote:"I'll take a hard pass on nightmares. I suppose you won't be giving your consent then? Ah well."
He grinned, "Well, we could always ask for her approval in advance to apply some more... unconventional motivational techniques to get her apprentice... whipped into shape. That would stave off the threat of nightmares."

Anja wrote:"Hum...perhaps I have to redefine my pan to tossing gummy bears at you until you move, I would not want to piss of a Deaconess and a Master of the Art at that if I do not remember it all wrong."
Bruce said with mock disappointment.
Jeremy wrote:"I approve of the gummy bears." Serge said giving Bruce a thumb's up.
Anja wrote:"So you consent to the gummy bears then."
Jeremy wrote:"Hell yeah. Gummy stuff is delicious. If you threw them at me I'd probably move around to see if I could get any into my mouth." Serge said, equally as amused.
Anja wrote:"Well at least then you would be moving."
Bruce joked.
"It might be worth it."
He pondered, "Hum, have you ever considered the size of gummy worms next to gummy bears, though? There's the Shai-Hulud for you... In any case, baiting with gummy candy should be viable enough; I think I have a telescopic fishing pole stashed away somewhere. That should get the job done..."

S7trif3 wrote:"This is worse than when I busted some ribs," he complained.
He smiled sympathetically, "Ah, sorry, Adley. I didn't mean to aggravate your injuries..."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:The young woman looked around as you cast your simple spell then she gasped.
"Ohhh look at them all...look at the doggie it is so cute!"
She declared as Trina's guardian turned in your direction and wagged it's tail again, none of the other spirit took much heed though as the blond girl looked around.
"This is so cool!"
She declared happily.
He smiled, "I wasn't entirely certain it would work - thank you for letting me test it."
He glanced around, "Now, I think this should hold until I let go your hand - but the sight might linger for maybe half an hour to an hour instead, I'm not sure. And yes, it's rather a neat gift... an inheritance from a fallen foe, you could say."

Nicole wrote:'Rather not get hit at all.'
He grinned, "Well, true. But it feels a lot less insulting when there's deliberate will behind the impact, rather than anyone's stupidity."

Anja wrote:"I see, well that sucks for them, I always felt bad for uncle Steve, he was much nicer than his brother and his wife who where my foster parents for a while."
Trina muttered.
He nodded, "It's... not a nice thing to do to them, but I can't deny how effective it can be."

Nicole wrote:'And the idea is to throw so much at once, from all sides that they simply don't know who to attack first.' Nicole repeated, handing over the cash she'd earmarked.
Anja wrote:Trina took the money and then collected the change from their friends as well as she nodded.
"That could work."
They agreed.
Nicole wrote:'Thinking... if one of you lot-' nodding towards the trio '-get a couple of flare guns, the other two can watch the other people here. See if they try to leave, call someone or shit. I'll get back to base, to pick up the cavalry and tool up. If it's possible for someone to rig up something like night-vision goggles, that would help.' turning to Colin for confirmation, realising that technically this wasn't her call to make.
Anja wrote:"Yeah goggles I can't help with but I can run and get the flares and James and Karin can try to get the others to one end of the junkyard."
Trina said and James nodded.
"Leave it to us."
He said.
"Any other messages before we get going with our tasks?"
Nicole wrote:'Only move the others to the back just before dusk. Don't want anybody getting wind that we're making a move against those fuckers until the last moment.' Nicole's tone making it clear she suspected that one or more of the people here may actually be a spy for the vampires.
Anja wrote:"Yeah I can make some excuse to get everyone up in the North corner."
James agreed.
"It should not be to much trouble, I will do so on your signal."
He said and Trina nodded.
"Ok I am off then."
They said and they wanted to see if anyone had something to add before she quickly headed towards the nearest store that might carry the flares.
He pondered, "With Bruce's help at the forge, I can probably fashion some crude frames for glasses to temporarily grant a... wider visual spectrum - infrared, night vision, magical signatures, pretty much everything. Setting up some barrels and such with firewood and some accelerants for quick ignition could be good - try to herd the scared vampires into a kill zone... And I'll petition Oscar the Grouch over there for assistance, too," he pointed his thumb toward where the big spirit was resting.

((OOC: My arm still aches after work. A thousand tri-fold sheets of paper. Manually folded, because the paper's too thick for the folding machine. Yay. :/ ))

((OOC2: And now Adley knows what it's like to speak with ancient, powerful gods in person. Not quite the same as an Aswadim, but all the same... Wink Can Adley come to the junkyard and play with us? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:35 am

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Yeah... "lifepath".' Nicole echoed thoughtfully, almost tailgating the clapped out Oldsmobile in front, clearly aching to overtake it. 'Heard that kind of thing before... kinda alien, really. Noticed that when I started meeting folks who went to college and shit - much quicker to ask "oh, what do you do?", like. More used to the idea that work was just a thing you did to pay the bills and meant fuck all to you apart from that.' On Adley's comment about her past, the large woman gave a little snort.

'What I went through was hardly rare for us Woonies. And learned that wasn't rare for the country either. finally getting to overtake. 'And while I get why you said sorry for it, would prefer you to ask why it had to be that way and what is to be done to stop others going through it now.'

[Junkyard]

Colin's Post:

'Erm... why not simply torch the fucking car when they pull up? Coat parking space with shit like engine oil, gas and paint, lob a lit Molotov [cocktail] when they kill the engine and shoot down any survivors?' Nicole replied, utterly devoid of emotion.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Have to take your word for that one... the last kids shows I remember watching was The Tick, Earthworm Jim and Pinky and the Brain... ' giving a little chuckle at the last one. 'Unless you count stuff like Simpsons and Futurama as "for kids"...'

Serge's Post:

'But on the minus, you'd be a really boring character to talk to as you'd have no opinions on anything. And generic heroic types usually put my back up.'

Serge's Post:

'By that logic, all repairpeople are actually doers of magic. As the offering of money makes things fixed.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:50 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Well, we could always ask for her approval in advance to apply some more... unconventional motivational techniques to get her apprentice... whipped into shape. That would stave off the threat of nightmares."

"My mentor did have a method for getting me into shape. It was called, 'ask my apprentice if he'd like to go on a fun adventure that may or may not involve lots of excercise'. Doubt she'd appreciate the unconventional methods being suggested when she knows the conventional methods work just fine." Serge said with a grin.

Colin wrote:He pondered, "Hum, have you ever considered the size of gummy worms next to gummy bears, though? There's the Shai-Hulud for you... In any case, baiting with gummy candy should be viable enough; I think I have a telescopic fishing pole stashed away somewhere. That should get the job done..."

"Hmmm...you make a good point." Serge said pondering the observation for a moment. "Gummy worms have more mass and thus more candy goodness...but gummy bears are bite-sized which always improves tastiness. Which to choose, which to choose..."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:You found one book called Ancestral Spirit and Homestead Deities in Modern Greek Polytheism by Kya Valen and Songs so Soothe the Soul by Brother Ingus.
"Ah also thank you again for your kindness towards Jane Yesterday Mr Yager you made sure the time of the battle passed without her or the other children getting scared or traumatized."
The Chorister said as she picked up a small red book and she read the title as she spoke.

"Happy to help. It's the least I could do. And I had a lot of fun hanging out with those kids." Serge said with a smile as he pulled out the two book and showed it to the elder chorister. "Are these the type of book your looking for?"

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Have to take your word for that one... the last kids shows I remember watching was The Tick, Earthworm Jim and Pinky and the Brain... ' giving a little chuckle at the last one. 'Unless you count stuff like Simpsons and Futurama as "for kids"...'

"That's some old shows you've watched there. I was born in the same year Pinky and the Brain came out." Serge said with a grin.

"Not sure how you'd like them today, but you should give some kid's shows a try. There're definitely trying to shake up the formula or mocking it entirely. Phineas and Ferb, Young Justice, Avatar. I'm sure you'd love Toph." he said listing off a few random tv shows. "Granted I'm not the best person to get show recommendations from. I can't bring myself to dislike something someone worked so hard to make. I could watch 'The Room' and say it was a masterpiece unironically."

Nicole wrote:'But on the minus, you'd be a really boring character to talk to as you'd have no opinions on anything. And generic heroic types usually put my back up.'

"I don't care what I 'really' am. That sorta stuff changes on a whim based on who you talk too." Serge said dismissively waving away Nicole's argument. "Nothing is set in stone. What my character 'really' is changes based on who you talk too. That's why people spend endless hours arguing on the internet, defending or bashing character with other people who just don't see them the same way they do."

Nicole wrote:'By that logic, all repairpeople are actually doers of magic. As the offering of money makes things fixed.'

"I'm cool with that logic. That would make us all magicians. Which in a certain way...we all are. We all have the capabilities of doing something amazing. Only problem is that some people just can't see it yet."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:58 am

"Thank you," he said, an intense feeling of gratitude, that something could be done for his friend. In the wake of the celestine's departure, he felt relieved and hopeful. At least they had done everything they could and his passing could be not just mourned but also remembered as a passage out of his horrible state that he had endured. He also felt an almost dizzying high from that much quintessence in his system and coupled with Crexia's spell and the lingering traces of the Celestine, he felt like he could fly, fight, or accomplish almost anything, and the drag of pain and suffering from what they'd all been through was bearable.

Crexia looked at you and finally she foun her voice again and she spoke, giving you a concerned look.
"Perhaps Sodalis you should come with me to my office, I have a nice brandy there for guests, a glass of that might do you good and you can have the room alone for a while to let your experiences settle?"
The archmage offered.
"It might do you good to be alone for a few moments in a place where you can sit down."

Colin smiled wryly, "There is that - though, I suppose a Fallen Master of the Art, who willingly surrendered to us after attaining his rank would be subject to more suspicion than a slip of a girl whose state as a widderslainte was discovered in yet youth, after she was raised in the Traditions from the start..."

"That is all good points Colin, well for whatever reason I do think I will keep my distance from this archmage."
Bruce agreed and he nodded.

He nodded, "Well, here I am in any case, so I suppose we'll just have to deal with it..."

Bruce just grunted at that.

He nodded, "We'll do everything we can... and pray it will be enough."

Bruce gave a solemnly nod at that.

He grinned, "Perhaps I should post the lyrics to 'Carrot Juice is Murder' on the greenhouse door, just to encourage people to not eat the plants carelessly."

"I am more thinking that if someone want to just eat things at random from a Verbena's garden then that might be a good lesson for them."
Bruce commented dryly.

He pondered for a moment, "I think I would be more liable to expect that from Freddy... possibly Miss Mandis... Not, of course, that I would suggest either of them would be likely to do so, merely less unlikely than you, Bruce."

The Orphan gave a wry smile at that.

He grinned, "Well, we could always ask for her approval in advance to apply some more... unconventional motivational techniques to get her apprentice... whipped into shape. That would stave off the threat of nightmares."

"Now that idea I am in full favor of."
The other Orphan said and grinned.
"Perhaps I will get my new hobby after all."

He pondered, "Hum, have you ever considered the size of gummy worms next to gummy bears, though? There's the Shai-Hulud for you... In any case, baiting with gummy candy should be viable enough; I think I have a telescopic fishing pole stashed away somewhere. That should get the job done..."

"Gummy sand worms indeed."
Bruce commented.
"Well dangling sweets in front of Serge until he moved might work, could put little bowls of gummy worms on top of the stairs to get him to walk them."

"My mentor did have a method for getting me into shape. It was called, 'ask my apprentice if he'd like to go on a fun adventure that may or may not involve lots of excercise'. Doubt she'd appreciate the unconventional methods being suggested when she knows the conventional methods work just fine." Serge said with a grin.

"But conventional methods are much less fun."
Bruce joked.
"But sure would you like to go on the fun adventure of running in the morning? We might see a dragon, it could happen."
He asked with another grin.

"Hmmm...you make a good point." Serge said pondering the observation for a moment. "Gummy worms have more mass and thus more candy goodness...but gummy bears are bite-sized which always improves tastiness. Which to choose, which to choose..."

"Gummy bears can also ride gummy words and pretend they are Fremen."
Bruce anounced with a slight smile.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He smiled, "I wasn't entirely certain it would work - thank you for letting me test it."
He glanced around, "Now, I think this should hold until I let go your hand - but the sight might linger for maybe half an hour to an hour instead, I'm not sure. And yes, it's rather a neat gift... an inheritance from a fallen foe, you could say."

"I wish I could see spirits all the time, they might be nicer than human beings."
The young blond girl said as she looked around with wonder.
"Ok...I will not keep you any longer, thanks again."
She said and she let go of you hand.

He nodded, "It's... not a nice thing to do to them, but I can't deny how effective it can be."

"They are not doing nice things to us."
Trina said darkly.

He pondered, "With Bruce's help at the forge, I can probably fashion some crude frames for glasses to temporarily grant a... wider visual spectrum - infrared, night vision, magical signatures, pretty much everything. Setting up some barrels and such with firewood and some accelerants for quick ignition could be good - try to herd the scared vampires into a kill zone... And I'll petition Oscar the Grouch over there for assistance, too," he pointed his thumb toward where the big spirit was resting.

"I have some nice glass pieces from Nico, and I can clear way my own project and you can work on it Colin."
Bruce commented.
"Anything else you need?"

'Erm... why not simply torch the fucking car when they pull up? Coat parking space with shit like engine oil, gas and paint, lob a lit Molotov [cocktail] when they kill the engine and shoot down any survivors?' Nicole replied, utterly devoid of emotion.

"I have some cans of chemicals over in my work area they might work, but we should probably make sure that we are actually burning the right car and such before we set fire to anyone."
Bruce commented and he pointed towards said work area.

[Going to the Library]

"Happy to help. It's the least I could do. And I had a lot of fun hanging out with those kids." Serge said with a smile as he pulled out the two book and showed it to the elder chorister. "Are these the type of book your looking for?"

"Well you are very good with children Mr Yager, the girls had allot of fun."
Hildegard said wth a smile.
"You will make a wonderful teacher for a young mage one day."
She continued then she looked at the books you held up.
"Ah yes, just something like that indeed, thank you I do think these will be most interesting to read."
The Chorister said as she took the books.
"Thank you Mr Yager, and now I need to find something for Jane, she is soon done with the book Mr Wainwright loaned to her...something with an adventure perhaps and something simple in Latin."
The elderly woman said mostly to herself as she examined the shelves looking for books for her apprentice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 am

He smiled sympathetically, "Ah, sorry, Adley. I didn't mean to aggravate your injuries..."

"That was a good one, though."

Yeah... "lifepath".' Nicole echoed thoughtfully, almost tailgating the clapped out Oldsmobile in front, clearly aching to overtake it. 'Heard that kind of thing before... kinda alien, really. Noticed that when I started meeting folks who went to college and shit - much quicker to ask "oh, what do you do?", like. More used to the idea that work was just a thing you did to pay the bills and meant fuck all to you apart from that.' On Adley's comment about her past, the large woman gave a little snort.

"It can be, but it's hard to write down 'profession: wizard' and get away with it nowadays except in storybooks."

'What I went through was hardly rare for us Woonies. And learned that wasn't rare for the country either. finally getting to overtake. 'And while I get why you said sorry for it, would prefer you to ask why it had to be that way and what is to be done to stop others going through it now.'

"I see no reason why I can't both wish for it not to have happened and consider the circumstances as well. But I hardly know yours and I'm not going to pry either. We've gotten all this way without arguing much, it's a new record and I'd like to keep it on its roll." He sighed and glanced out the window at the car the just passed and then back again.

[Chicago]

Crexia looked at you and finally she foun her voice again and she spoke, giving you a concerned look.
"Perhaps Sodalis you should come with me to my office, I have a nice brandy there for guests, a glass of that might do you good and you can have the room alone for a while to let your experiences settle?"
The archmage offered.
"It might do you good to be alone for a few moments in a place where you can sit down.

"That was quite...incredible...I feel humbled and small but also stronger, like I can go on, knowing now that he has a chance...and...my god...I can't thank you, I cannot thank you enough." He turned to her and looked confused at her suggestion and still quite a bit awetruck and feverish, seething with the quintessence he'd gotten, hair plastered to his face with sweat. "A glass of brandy? That could be welcome, ma'am; I don't drink much but sometimes it is fortifying. But I would like to speak of a few other matters before we leave this space, since it has spells on it to prevent us being overheard, but much has happened, so quickly again...and I can still feel it, all around..."

// ugh, manually folding that much paper sucks I've done that before, for certain jobs. Also collate by hand. Lol, pretty sure that Adley would rather hang out with Mars than an Aswadim. He's be up for a fight now I bet but alas

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:57 am

[Chicago]

"That was quite...incredible...I feel humbled and small but also stronger, like I can go on, knowing now that he has a chance...and...my god...I can't thank you, I cannot thank you enough." He turned to her and looked confused at her suggestion and still quite a bit awetruck and feverish, seething with the quintessence he'd gotten, hair plastered to his face with sweat.

"It was not for you Sodalis, I remember Carmon as a good and dutiful soldier he deserve a chance at a good afterlife."
Crexia said.
"If you want to thank someone, give a libation of wine and honey to my grandfather, after all he is the one doing the most of the work here, an yes being close to him is...awe inspiring his power are quite overwhelming."
She said and she smiled a little.

"A glass of brandy? That could be welcome, ma'am; I don't drink much but sometimes it is fortifying. But I would like to speak of a few other matters before we leave this space, since it has spells on it to prevent us being overheard, but much has happened, so quickly again...and I can still feel it, all around..."

"Very well, you wanted to speak with me Soalis?"
The old Hermetic asked.
For if so I should probably teleport in a chair for you first so you can sit down."
She offered kindly.

(OOC: Folding that much paper can be really tedious.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:13 am

Anja wrote:"I am more thinking that if someone want to just eat things at random from a Verbena's garden then that might be a good lesson for them."
Bruce commented dryly.
Colin grinned, "Well, that too, but the song I had in mind rather leans toward a far more... extreme position on plants' rights and their ability to feel pain."

Anja wrote:"Now that idea I am in full favor of."
The other Orphan said and grinned.
"Perhaps I will get my new hobby after all."
Jeremy wrote:"My mentor did have a method for getting me into shape. It was called, 'ask my apprentice if he'd like to go on a fun adventure that may or may not involve lots of excercise'. Doubt she'd appreciate the unconventional methods being suggested when she knows the conventional methods work just fine." Serge said with a grin.
Anja wrote:"But conventional methods are much less fun."
Bruce joked.
"But sure would you like to go on the fun adventure of running in the morning? We might see a dragon, it could happen."
He grinned, now clearly no longer serious, "Now, now, I'm sure we could convince Dr. Boudavich that letting Serge experience new sensations as we take him out for a run is quite the beneficial idea."

Anja wrote:"Gummy sand worms indeed."
Bruce commented.
"Well dangling sweets in front of Serge until he moved might work, could put little bowls of gummy worms on top of the stairs to get him to walk them."
Jeremy wrote:"Hmmm...you make a good point." Serge said pondering the observation for a moment. "Gummy worms have more mass and thus more candy goodness...but gummy bears are bite-sized which always improves tastiness. Which to choose, which to choose..."
Anja wrote:"Gummy bears can also ride gummy words and pretend they are Fremen."
He chuckled, "So, who splurges on a 5-pound bag of gummy bears, then?"

S7trif3 wrote:"That was a good one, though."
He smiled, "It's rather a classic."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"I wish I could see spirits all the time, they might be nicer than human beings."
The young blond girl said as she looked around with wonder.
"Ok...I will not keep you any longer, thanks again."
She said and she let go of you hand.
He nodded and let go, then arched an eyebrow, "So, do you still see them, or did it pass right away? And... spirits aren't really nicer than humans, as such - they are mostly quite alien; even the ones who can communicate meaningfully with a human are... very much different in their mindsets."

Anja wrote:"They are not doing nice things to us."
Trina said darkly.
He nodded, "True, and these ones are earning the fire... but not all of them are quite as terrible, really. Still, they are what one would consider an apex predator, even if some try to maintain a level of decency about it."

Anja wrote:"I have some nice glass pieces from Nico, and I can clear way my own project and you can work on it Colin."
Bruce commented.
"Anything else you need?"
He shrugged, "I need a few rings of metal for the frames, but not actually the glass. Basically, I need the frames to hold the rings in place so the wearer can see through them, but that's all I need for it."

Nicole wrote:'Erm... why not simply torch the fucking car when they pull up? Coat parking space with shit like engine oil, gas and paint, lob a lit Molotov [cocktail] when they kill the engine and shoot down any survivors?' Nicole replied, utterly devoid of emotion.
Anja wrote:"I have some cans of chemicals over in my work area they might work, but we should probably make sure that we are actually burning the right car and such before we set fire to anyone."
Bruce commented and he pointed towards said work area.
He nodded to Bruce, "Verify target, then execute. We want to make sure we get them all encircled, and that they don't have any others lurking in the periphery..."

((OOC: It is tedious. I've had worse.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:32 am

Colin grinned, "Well, that too, but the song I had in mind rather leans toward a far more... extreme position on plants' rights and their ability to feel pain."

Bruce chuckle a bit at that.

He grinned, now clearly no longer serious, "Now, now, I'm sure we could convince Dr. Boudavich that letting Serge experience new sensations as we take him out for a run is quite the beneficial idea."

"Well we could always try to bribe the good Deaconess, bring her cake perhaps, here is cake please let me whip your apprentice."

He chuckled, "So, who splurges on a 5-pound bag of gummy bears, then?"

"I made Jon a five pound gummy bear for Christmas last year, that made for one big candy."
The other Orphan said with a slight grin.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He nodded and let go, then arched an eyebrow, "So, do you still see them, or did it pass right away? And... spirits aren't really nicer than humans, as such - they are mostly quite alien; even the ones who can communicate meaningfully with a human are... very much different in their mindsets."

The blond girl looked around then she nodded.
"yeah I can still see them."
She said.
"What do you mean they are alien?"
She asked then she said.
"What are your name by the way? I can't continue calling you that British Guy after all."

He nodded, "True, and these ones are earning the fire... but not all of them are quite as terrible, really. Still, they are what one would consider an apex predator, even if some try to maintain a level of decency about it."

"Yeah sure I meant these vampires, those that don't bother me, I have no problems with, live and let live, but the ones that come here are assholes!"
Trina commented darkly.

He shrugged, "I need a few rings of metal for the frames, but not actually the glass. Basically, I need the frames to hold the rings in place so the wearer can see through them, but that's all I need for it."

"Hum...let me see what I got."
Bruce said and he wandered over to a crate kept near his forge and he begun to rummage around it and then returned with a selection of steel rings.
"Will any of these do Colin?"

He nodded to Bruce, "Verify target, then execute. We want to make sure we get them all encircled, and that they don't have any others lurking in the periphery..."

"I have made a measuring instrument which might be able to tell vampires from humans if I calibrate it."
Bruce said and he pulled a small box full of wires, dials and crystals out of his pocket and started fiddling with it.
"That might be helpful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Anja wrote:"Well we could always try to bribe the good Deaconess, bring her cake perhaps, here is cake please let me whip your apprentice."
Colin paused for a moment, "While the idea is amusing, I somehow suspect phrasing it like that would meet with some degree of disfavour..."

Anja wrote:"I made Jon a five pound gummy bear for Christmas last year, that made for one big candy."
The other Orphan said with a slight grin.
He grimaced, "So that's why the plumbing was shot throughout the building in January..."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:The blond girl looked around then she nodded.
"yeah I can still see them."
She said.
"What do you mean they are alien?"
She asked then she said.
"What are your name by the way? I can't continue calling you that British Guy after all."
He grinned, "I'm not sure how long the effect will last, but it should be for a little while, then; but you know what they say, if it lasts for more than three hours..."
He turned serious, "They are alien, as in they have a very different perspective than we do; they don't see the passage of time, just an endless Now, and they are almost entirely unable to learn and change - everything they will ever know, they have always known, whether it is a thousand years ago, today, or a thousand years in the future. Spirits can come into existence, and disappear from it again, within a finite span of time, but they are essentially the same for the entire duration, usually unless someone or something powerful or clever manages to inflict change upon them. And they almost always have a very distinct theme or subject to which they are bound - like the spirit of a weapon, doing its best to make the weapon always function as best it can, with little or no judgment on the wielder, so long as the wielder treats the weapon right. They can be understood and negotiated with, of course, but... it takes some empathy and training to do so safely. Well, relatively safely."
He bent down and looked the dog spirit in the eyes for a moment, "And then there is this little guy, who I suspect may be just a little more than he seems... but we can talk about that later, after we've sorted out the immediate problem."

Anja wrote:"Yeah sure I meant these vampires, those that don't bother me, I have no problems with, live and let live, but the ones that come here are assholes!"
Trina commented darkly.
He nodded, "Well, the British military has centuries-old traditions for what to do with assholes."
He paused for a moment, "Well, in several ways, I suppose. Though we've had a few of our own, as well."

Anja wrote:"Hum...let me see what I got."
Bruce said and he wandered over to a crate kept near his forge and he begun to rummage around it and then returned with a selection of steel rings.
"Will any of these do Colin?"
He looked the rings over and nodded, picking out the ones between one and two inches across, "These should do - all we need now is some means so people can wear them... hm, might have to settle for a single ring per person, with some creative, quick way to hook them onto a person's head and hold them in place. Any ideas?"

Anja wrote:"I have made a measuring instrument which might be able to tell vampires from humans if I calibrate it."
Bruce said and he pulled a small box full of wires, dials and crystals out of his pocket and started fiddling with it.
"That might be helpful."
He nodded, "Could work, and I can get a decent aerial view of the area, to make sure they don't have anyone waiting in the wings."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:22 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Gummy sand worms indeed."
Bruce commented.

"If I saw a mysterious bowl of candy on top of the stairs. I won't lie I'd go up and eat them." the ecstatic said with a grin.

Anja wrote:"But conventional methods are much less fun."
Bruce joked.

"You got that right."

"Hell yeah!" Serge said enthusiastically. "Now your speaking my language. Let's go see a dragon!"

Anja wrote:"Gummy bears can also ride gummy words and pretend they are Fremen."

"Yes! Make some Gummy Cavalry and take back the gummy kingdom from those damn black licorice assholes! For the gummy revolution!" Serge said clutching his fist with sheer determination.

Colin wrote:He grinned, now clearly no longer serious, "Now, now, I'm sure we could convince Dr. Boudavich that letting Serge experience new sensations as we take him out for a run is quite the beneficial idea."
Anja wrote:"Well we could always try to bribe the good Deaconess, bring her cake perhaps, here is cake please let me whip your apprentice."
Colin wrote:Colin paused for a moment, "While the idea is amusing, I somehow suspect phrasing it like that would meet with some degree of disfavour..."

"Ah yes. Bribe the mind-reader while thinking about how your going to whip me. That'll work out great for you." Serge said with a smirk.

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Well you are very good with children Mr Yager, the girls had allot of fun."
Hildegard said wth a smile.
"You will make a wonderful teacher for a young mage one day."
She continued then she looked at the books you held up.
"Ah yes, just something like that indeed, thank you I do think these will be most interesting to read."
The Chorister said as she took the books.
"Thank you Mr Yager, and now I need to find something for Jane, she is soon done with the book Mr Wainwright loaned to her...something with an adventure perhaps and something simple in Latin."
The elderly woman said mostly to herself as she examined the shelves looking for books for her apprentice.

"No problem Ms. Gottschek. Hope you find something fun for Jane. I should probably go back to Kyle. Still need to give him his book." Serge said with a polite nod as he left to the Chorister to search for the young widderslainte flambeau.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Colin paused for a moment, "While the idea is amusing, I somehow suspect phrasing it like that would meet with some degree of disfavour..."

"Perhaps so Colin then again cake is the perfect bribe."
Bruce said and grinned.

He grimaced, "So that's why the plumbing was shot throughout the building in January..."

"Yeah that might be the fault of the doom of the giant gummy bear."
The Orphan said, he was unusually talkative and friendly today, usually he said what he had to and nothing more.

"If I saw a mysterious bowl of candy on top of the stairs. I won't lie I'd go up and eat them." the ecstatic said with a grin.

"See my master plan would work."
Bruce said in an amused tone of voice.

"You got that right."

The Artificer grinned at that.

"Hell yeah!" Serge said enthusiastically. "Now your speaking my language. Let's go see a dragon!"

"Well...whatever works then Serge we will get you running in no time."
Bruce said wryly.

"Yes! Make some Gummy Cavalry and take back the gummy kingdom from those damn black licorice assholes! For the gummy revolution!" Serge said clutching his fist with sheer determination.

"I am afraid that the gummy sandworm will simply eat them all."
The Artificer said wryly.
"They will eat just about anything."

"Ah yes. Bribe the mind-reader while thinking about how your going to whip me. That'll work out great for you." Serge said with a smirk.

"I will bribe her with cake, bribing someone with cake always works kid."
The large man said in a good natured tone of voice.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He grinned, "I'm not sure how long the effect will last, but it should be for a little while, then; but you know what they say, if it lasts for more than three hours..."
He turned serious, "They are alien, as in they have a very different perspective than we do; they don't see the passage of time, just an endless Now, and they are almost entirely unable to learn and change - everything they will ever know, they have always known, whether it is a thousand years ago, today, or a thousand years in the future. Spirits can come into existence, and disappear from it again, within a finite span of time, but they are essentially the same for the entire duration, usually unless someone or something powerful or clever manages to inflict change upon them. And they almost always have a very distinct theme or subject to which they are bound - like the spirit of a weapon, doing its best to make the weapon always function as best it can, with little or no judgment on the wielder, so long as the wielder treats the weapon right. They can be understood and negotiated with, of course, but... it takes some empathy and training to do so safely. Well, relatively safely."
He bent down and looked the dog spirit in the eyes for a moment, "And then there is this little guy, who I suspect may be just a little more than he seems... but we can talk about that later, after we've sorted out the immediate problem."

The young woman listened to your explanation but she did not really look like she understood it very well.
"They do not understand time? That is really odd."
She commented.
"How do they know when to do things and such and how to they relate to the world if they can not learn and also you said relatively safely? Do that mean spirits can be dangerous?"
She asked as the little dog spirit started dancing around and jumping up and down, wagging his tail in excitement when he noticed you looking at him.

He nodded, "Well, the British military has centuries-old traditions for what to do with assholes."
He paused for a moment, "Well, in several ways, I suppose. Though we've had a few of our own, as well."

Trina nodded at that.
"Yeah you did sort of conquer everything."
They commented with a sigh.
"But yeah those vampires need to be dealt with."

He looked the rings over and nodded, picking out the ones between one and two inches across, "These should do - all we need now is some means so people can wear them... hm, might have to settle for a single ring per person, with some creative, quick way to hook them onto a person's head and hold them in place. Any ideas?"

You found some rings in the right size.
"I think I have some fairly stiff, steel wire."
Bruce commented.
"Will that do?"

He nodded, "Could work, and I can get a decent aerial view of the area, to make sure they don't have anyone waiting in the wings."

"How are you going to get an aerial view Colin? You could climb some of the towers of tires and parts I guess but other than that we would need a drone or something."
The Artificer commented sounding skeptical.

[Going to the Library]

"No problem Ms. Gottschek. Hope you find something fun for Jane. I should probably go back to Kyle. Still need to give him his book." Serge said with a polite nod as he left to the Chorister to search for the young widderslainte flambeau.

"I am sure I will and thank you young man, yes off course go and find your friend."
Hildegard said as she continued browsing the shelves. You found kyle behind another set of shelves he was reading a small, green, cloth bound book.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:49 pm

[Cabal meeting]

He smiled, "It's rather a classic."

"Indeed, you're 'Dad jokes' will become legendary, since they are actually amusing. At least to me."

"I made Jon a five pound gummy bear for Christmas last year, that made for one big candy."
The other Orphan said with a slight grin

"I know what to get the rest of you for Christmas then, complementary trips to the dentist," he teased. Then he said to Colin, "Amicus, speaking of presents there is one I want to get for Beatrice, I think I told you before, but it seems I should give it to her before Christmas. Let me know how much it would cost to make a small charm on a silver chain, and I will find some funds for it."

"How are you going to get an aerial view Colin? You could climb some of the towers of tires and parts I guess but other than that we would need a drone or something."
The Artificer commented sounding skeptical.

"There are other ways. Correspondence magick, using a scrying mirror or ball, or water or a crystal or shewstone, there are many options for appropriate surfaces to enchant. You could also probably use mental ars with life magick to literally see what a scout sees, though it might be dangerous or confusing without preparation, and you an ask a friendly spirit to assist you in doing something similarly."

[Chicago]

"It was not for you Sodalis, I remember Carmon as a good and dutiful soldier he deserve a chance at a good afterlife."
Crexia said.

"Of course, it was not for me. But we are grateful anyway, for so long my avatar has carried Erjne's grief and now Carmon has been laid to rest with more than we could have hoped for, though what came between still saddens us...I am glad that you remember him that way and offered this chance for him."

"If you want to thank someone, give a libation of wine and honey to my grandfather, after all he is the one doing the most of the work here, an yes being close to him is...awe inspiring his power are quite overwhelming." She said and she smiled a little.

"This I will do, on Tuesdays...first I'll have to get some wine an honey though...yes, He was magnificent, inspiring."

"Very well, you wanted to speak with me Soalis?"
The old Hermetic asked.
For if so I should probably teleport in a chair for you first so you can sit down."
She offered kindly.

He frowned slightly, looking over to where Carmon had been. He was gone, and the pillow and most every bit of dust around him. The memory of it lept up in his mind again and he took a few steps rapidly backward. "That was the first creo ignem I cast...I did not expect to use such on my friend," he said, soberly. Then he moved over away from that part of the room a bit further. "I would not ask you to trouble yourself so, ma'am. I can sit on the floor, if it does not bother you. Aside from taking care of my old friend, which was paramount, there was another who needed to be laid to rest. Dylan's daughter...we had discussed briefly getting her a tombstone, and this I would like to do, though I would ask for assistance since I am not familiar with Chicago. Also, I do not know her Name, or even if she had been given one for sure. Certainly I cannot think Dylan got an opportunity but perhaps before...the poor girl was changed horribly, she was given one if only to have it taken away again." He frowned sadly. "Also I would ask how the Mercere fare, I hope they are doing better.There is something I will need to follow up with there regarding the reason their chantry was attacked, also but perhaps I can visit some of them if they are still here. I would like to see my sodalis Cara as well if she is here. And my...cabalmate, Colin sends his best regards to you, ma'am. Lastly, I found a book in our chantry library that you wrote, and it is quite fascinating but has led me to a number of perplexing questions...these last few things we can discuss elsewhere, but the first is private and I am not sure how many should know of that...after that perhaps that glass of brandy is a good idea."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next