Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 Empty Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 pm

(OOC: Nicole and Colin is in the car deciding where to go next when investigating the sickly Cyborgs, Adley is with Narim trying to figure out what happened with that strange message, Serge is playing Jumanjii with Kyle, Bee and Anna and Tane is in his house with the shapachangers. Happy gaming all.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:32 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be pretty fun Sir."
Anna said and grinned.

"Sounds like a tv show that I would've watch as a kid. We need a team name and a theme song." Serge mused humorously.

Anja wrote:Anna moved her piece and Kyle picked up his die and rolled landing on a seven. Moving his piece he said.
"It seams I am also on a seven or five space."
He commented.
"I guess you are the one that have to roll to see if I get out of it Serge."

"Let's see how screwed you are Kyle." Serge said shaking the d8 in his hands quite vigorously before letting it loose onto the board. The die rolled around before eventually landing on a 6

"Ok so Kyle moves one back and now Anna has roll to see if she can break Kyle out of it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:42 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

"Sounds like a tv show that I would've watch as a kid. We need a team name and a theme song." Serge mused humorously.

"Was there not a Lassie spin off back in the day which was animated and was named Lassie and the Rescue Rangers? I think I saw that on some old vhs tames my dad had."
Beatrice asked.

"Let's see how screwed you are Kyle." Serge said shaking the d8 in his hands quite vigorously before letting it loose onto the board. The die rolled around before eventually landing on a 6

"Ok so Kyle moves one back and now Anna has roll to see if she can break Kyle out of it."

"Oh dang it!"
Kyle said and he moved his piece back. Anna giggled she took her die and rolled an 3.
"Do that do anything Sir?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:59 pm

[Umbrial Port]

Colin's Post:

'Ha ha...' Nicole muttered, getting into the car.

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'You don't use a hammer as a screwdriver.' Nicole replied, buckling up her seat-belt. 'I'm about as stealthy as a B-52 bombing run, you've got a face for the radio and anyway, both places denied they had such a person on staff so will know little to fuck all. Nor do they have any reason to talk to us. Think we'll get a better result by getting someone to hack their camera footage - we know the location, we know the time and as both attacks have only been a few hours they should still be saved.'

'Was planning to call Hadermann anyway; he might want us to do something else. I say start heading towards Westchapel anyway, we can always change direction during it...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:22 pm

[Umbra Port]

You don't use a hammer as a screwdriver.' Nicole replied, buckling up her seat-belt. 'I'm about as stealthy as a B-52 bombing run, you've got a face for the radio and anyway, both places denied they had such a person on staff so will know little to fuck all. Nor do they have any reason to talk to us. Think we'll get a better result by getting someone to hack their camera footage - we know the location, we know the time and as both attacks have only been a few hours they should still be saved.'

"Perhaps if their camera are digital."
Adjan said.
"But you know I have some experience with Mr Wainwright being surprisingly good at talking people into doing what they originally do not want to do. I am not sure where stealth comes into the picture I was more thinking w would ask for their camera footage."
The death magus commented.

'Was planning to call Hadermann anyway; he might want us to do something else. I say start heading towards Westchapel anyway, we can always change direction during it...'

"If you do not think following up on the clinic is time sensitive then yes we can do that."
The death magus said.
"It have probably been to many hours to hope to find the fake nurse anywhere near the clinic anyway."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:05 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Was there not a Lassie spin off back in the day which was animated and was named Lassie and the Rescue Rangers? I think I saw that on some old vhs tames my dad had."
Beatrice asked.

"I remember hearing about that. Don't think I ever watched it though." Serge said thinking back. "Man I remember VHS. That was so long ago. Used to watch a ton of old shows and movies on those things."

Anja wrote:"Oh dang it!"
Kyle said and he moved his piece back. Anna giggled she took her die and rolled an 3.
"Do that do anything Sir?"
She asked.

"It means Kyle's even more screwed." Serge said chuckling. "He has to move one more space back and then Beatrice now holds tries to break him out of the loop. This keeps going until one of us gets a 5 or an 8."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 pm

[Colin's Room]

"I remember hearing about that. Don't think I ever watched it though." Serge said thinking back. "Man I remember VHS. That was so long ago. Used to watch a ton of old shows and movies on those things."

"Yeah my dad brought down a box full of old tapes from the attic one summer when it was raining allot outside so I would have something to do."
Beatrice said and smiled.
"I could not have been more than seven or eight or so."

"It means Kyle's even more screwed." Serge said chuckling. "He has to move one more space back and then Beatrice now holds tries to break him out of the loop. This keeps going until one of us gets a 5 or an 8."

"Oh man..."
Kyle sigh as he moved his pieced back. Bee took the die and rolled.
"Well I got a five so you are safe for now...and then I think it is your turn Serge..."
The young Verbena said and nodded.
"Thanks."
Kyle said with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:12 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Oh yes many, many times mea filius. When I was a student at Mus paper was still extremely expensive, large assignments where done on paper hand handed in but notes in class was done on a tablet much like this one and ou teachers instructed us to use magick to clean the tablets to teach us finesse and control, making us do it until we could get the wax out in one sheet."
Jeffry said

"That would make good practice for me," he said thoughtfully.

"I can use magick to cool it quicker but it should not be to long and the wax will be better if it cools at it's own pace." The old mage commented. "Now you are not quite there yet for Flames of Purification but I still want to show you how it is done when we get rid of the old wax, I still feel responsible for your education you know mea filius."

"I am fortunate that you are still willing to provide me education, sir. I am always willing to learn, watching you do things that I cannot yet do has helped me for when I was ready to try it myself. The Flames of Purification sound useful."

[Narim's room]

"No it should be fine I can take the ward down afterwards."
Narim said and he tapped at a app icon on his phone.
"There we are the scrambler is up. I keep one prepared on my phone just in case."

He nodded.

"I can use magick to cool it quicker but it should not be to long and the wax will be better if it cools at it's own pace." The old mage commented. "Now you are not quite there yet for Flames of Purification but I still want to show you how it is done when we get rid of the old wax, I still feel responsible for your education you know mea filius."
"I will be careful."
He said as his long fingers started dancing over the keyboard.
"My computer is warded."

'I didn't mean to imply you weren't careful. I'm a worry-wart."

"But...this makes no sense."
He protested at what his machine showed him.
"It makes no sense at all."
He sigh and continued typing.

He looked over at him with a raised eyebrow but didn't say anything, since he wasn't really addressing him, and waited for him to elaborate.

"The message was sent from your phone to your Mentor's phone at that time and yet this also show that no message was sent from your phone at the given time, this makes no sense. One moment let me check our wards to see if there is anything...no according to this nothing have come in that should not be here and the one thing that have tried is that little dust devil who is trying to woe your Mentor's Imp, he tries all the time to get in...other than that nothing is irregular....I can see the data here but they make no sense."

"Wait, so /my phone/ shows that I sent the message, that I clearly did not send. But also that I did not send it, which is true?" he narrowed his eyes.

He said and turned around to you. "I ehm...don't know what to tell you Adley, your pone both sent and did not send the message in question, the only thing I have seen create such paradoxes are ehm...Paradox and places where time have been worn thin in a way. We are going to have to take this to the Primus..."

"Well, crap," he said, sitting forward a little. "Is his room safe? There's people in there." He frowned and stood up, taking the tablet and phones unless Narim took them. "Let's go, then..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"That would make good practice for me," he said thoughtfully.

"It would, perhaps you would like to try it, when there is no urgency and the wax in your tablet need cleaning to get it out of the frame intact, sometimes finesse with magick can be more useful than power."
Your Mentor agreed.

"I am fortunate that you are still willing to provide me education, sir. I am always willing to learn, watching you do things that I cannot yet do has helped me for when I was ready to try it myself. The Flames of Purification sound useful."

"It is a most useful rote but it need to be used with care as it destroys the very patterns a thing is build up of, do you remember the basic theory of the Spheres and how they weave the patterns of manifested reality? This rote burns that pattern releasing it's potential back into the primal forces of creation. Now the thing that is tricky with this particular spell is that it uses two Techniques both creation and destruction, while usually a spell might use several forms but have one technique, for example if I where to make a gust of hot wind flow over the city to warm a cold autumn day I would use Creo Auram with an Ignem requisite, however for Flames of Purification we are using two forms that is true, Vim as the main and Ignem as the requisite but we are controlling it with both Creo and Perdo...you are with me thus far I assume?"
Your Mentor lectured as he put the wax to be destroyed on the desk and moved random papers away from it and he put a metal tray he found in a drawer under his desk under it. The old Hermetic paused to see if you had any questions before continuing.

[Narim's room]

'I didn't mean to imply you weren't careful. I'm a worry-wart."

"It is ok Adley it is nice to have someone worry for me, just don't worry yourself sick."
Narim said and smiled.

"Wait, so /my phone/ shows that I sent the message, that I clearly did not send. But also that I did not send it, which is true?" he narrowed his eyes.

"According to my data here, both are true, you both did send and did not send that message, and yes that is quite a paradox."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

"Well, crap," he said, sitting forward a little. "Is his room safe? There's people in there."

"I do not know what have happened so I can never be sure, but I do not think they are in any danger."
He said and shook his head.

He frowned and stood up, taking the tablet and phones unless Narim took them. "Let's go, then..."

The phones and the tablet where still on the table. Narim nodded and stood up as well.
"Agreed let us see if the Primus have the time to see us, I regret to say I can not make heads or tail with the conundrum you have brought me here."
He said and headed for the door and opened for you and smiled a little to you when doing so despite clearly being somewhat concerned about what was going on.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 am

[Umbra Port]
Nicole wrote:'Ha ha...' Nicole muttered, getting into the car.
Colin chuckled softly.

Anja wrote:"Would it not be better to call up Master Hadermann on the phone, that way he can decide if he want us to look further into this while we are driving towards the clinic."
The Euthanathos suggested.
Nicole wrote:'You don't use a hammer as a screwdriver.' Nicole replied, buckling up her seat-belt. 'I'm about as stealthy as a B-52 bombing run, you've got a face for the radio and anyway, both places denied they had such a person on staff so will know little to fuck all. Nor do they have any reason to talk to us. Think we'll get a better result by getting someone to hack their camera footage - we know the location, we know the time and as both attacks have only been a few hours they should still be saved.'
Anja wrote:"Perhaps if their camera are digital."
Adjan said.
"But you know I have some experience with Mr Wainwright being surprisingly good at talking people into doing what they originally do not want to do. I am not sure where stealth comes into the picture I was more thinking w would ask for their camera footage."
The death magus commented.
He smiled wryly, "Why thank you, I was not aware of my career potential. But Adjan is right, I seem to have a certain charisma that makes people actually stop and listen when I speak to them. And it's astounding what a little gentle persuasion in the right ear can do; the clinic's administrator would probably not be entirely too keen on, say, the authorities being informed that an unauthorized individual had free reign to wander around and give unidentified injections to patients under false pretenses. Or even worse, someone might leak the information to the local news... Extortion is an ugly word, but under the circumstances, it just might be the quickest, smoothest way to a bit more intel."

Nicole wrote:'Was planning to call Hadermann anyway; he might want us to do something else. I say start heading towards Westchapel anyway, we can always change direction during it...'
Anja wrote:"If you do not think following up on the clinic is time sensitive then yes we can do that."
The death magus said.
"It have probably been to many hours to hope to find the fake nurse anywhere near the clinic anyway."
He frowned, "The false nurse is probably not there, but there might be a time limit for how long the surveillance footage is stored locally."

Anja wrote:"Very well I can do that. And I vote we call in to Westchapel to avoid loosing time if they want us to proceed, the sooner we can check things out there the better."
Adjan agreed as he pulled out his dice.
He nodded, "I agree; we don't really have anything physical to hand over to Westchapel, in any case."

Anja wrote:"I will take care of it, just keep driving in the direction we came from and I will get the portal open."
Adjan said and he rolled his dice in his hand.
He put the car into gear and rolled out, at a smooth speed for now, but ready to gun it once he hit the streets Earthside, "Oh, and we have to swing by the University hospital, too, on our way home, for that hair sample Dino is getting me. But that can wait."

((OOC: Well, Starfinder was good. Everyone survived. Mostly because we did not have a combat encounter. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:50 am

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah my dad brought down a box full of old tapes from the attic one summer when it was raining allot outside so I would have something to do."
"I could not have been more than seven or eight or so."

"My Dad used to bring me VHS movies every now and again. Every time he'd bring me one I'd watch it to death. I remember watching the lion king trilogy every single day for like a week. Managed to memorize most of the lines in those before my dad brought another one. Loved those movies." Serge said with a smile as he remembered the fond memory.

Anja wrote:"Oh man..."
Kyle sigh as he moved his pieced back. Bee took the die and rolled.
"Well I got a five so you are safe for now...and then I think it is your turn Serge..."
The young Verbena said and nodded.
"Thanks."
Kyle said with a grin.

"Awesome! Time for the adventures of Jimbo the Monkey." Serge said as he picked up his die and rolled it across the board.

When it stopped moving it showed a number 5. "Jimbo treks through the dark jungles of jumanji, unafraid of what he will come to face. For the sheer exhilaration of adventure is the thing that fuels his very being! That and bananas." Serge said in story teller's voice as he moved his piece over 5 spaces to see where it landed.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:59 am

[Driving in Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... almost all cameras are digital these days.' Nicole replied with a little frown. 'Anyway, as pointed out the attackers are long gone. Looking for new targets, I bet.'

Colin's Post:

The large woman blinked, clearly a little puzzled. 'Wait... they'll not simply tell you to fuck off? Or threaten to sic the lawyers on you if you dared to "slander" them?'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Erm... was going to do that anyway. Which is why I asked Colin to drive.' the Etherite replied, a little irritably. 'Anyway, I do have something to hand over. This.' taking the serum the Progenitor had given her from her pocket and placing it on the dashboard. 'Oh, fuck... could have trackers in it. Anyone know how to check for that shit?'

Colin's Post:

'The Hospital... cool. They'll be camera'd up to fuck. We'll surely get excellent images of the attacker.' Nicole replied with a little smile. 'Look... let me put in the calls, and we can decide then, m'kay?'

[Nicole's Phone]

First, for Hadermann at Westchapel. Nicole dials his number to report on their findings...

Once done, Nicole will call Baynes in Detroit. He needs to know her working theory...

She'll also log in to the transhuman forum she mainly lurked on, to see if there was any updates worth reading...

Lastly, she'll check her email. See if anything critical had dropped into her Inbox...

[Is Adjan going to call Steelhaven or is that going to be for Nicole too?]

[PM Reply: Thanks! And congrats for fixing the typo... twice. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:59 am

[Jeffry's Office]

"It is a most useful rote but it need to be used with care as it destroys the very patterns a thing is build up of, do you remember the basic theory of the Spheres and how they weave the patterns of manifested reality? This rote burns that pattern releasing it's potential back into the primal forces of creation. Now the thing that is tricky with this particular spell is that it uses two Techniques both creation and destruction, while usually a spell might use several forms but have one technique, for example if I where to make a gust of hot wind flow over the city to warm a cold autumn day I would use Creo Auram with an Ignem requisite, however for Flames of Purification we are using two forms that is true, Vim as the main and Ignem as the requisite but we are controlling it with both Creo and Perdo...you are with me thus far I assume?" Your Mentor lectured as he put the wax to be destroyed on the desk and moved random papers away from it and he put a metal tray he found in a drawer under his desk under it. The old Hermetic paused to see if you had any questions before continuing.

"So...is the ignem part associated with the perdo, and vim the creo or is it both at the same time? That sounds difficult in either case..."

[Narim's room]

"According to my data here, both are true, you both did send and did not send that message, and yes that is quite a paradox."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

"Pretty much a definition of the word." He frowned.

"I do not know what have happened so I can never be sure, but I do not think they are in any danger." He said and shook his head.

"Great. Well, let's go make sure..."

"Agreed let us see if the Primus have the time to see us, I regret to say I can not make heads or tail with the conundrum you have brought me here." He said and headed for the door and opened for you and smiled a little to you when doing so despite clearly being somewhat concerned about what was going on.

"At this point we just have to try to narrow things down, we can't have this sort of thing happening at random..." he said and left Narim's room to head with him to see the Primus. "This is turning out more complicated than I thought..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:39 am

[Umbra Port]

He smiled wryly, "Why thank you, I was not aware of my career potential. But Adjan is right, I seem to have a certain charisma that makes people actually stop and listen when I speak to them. And it's astounding what a little gentle persuasion in the right ear can do; the clinic's administrator would probably not be entirely too keen on, say, the authorities being informed that an unauthorized individual had free reign to wander around and give unidentified injections to patients under false pretenses. Or even worse, someone might leak the information to the local news... Extortion is an ugly word, but under the circumstances, it just might be the quickest, smoothest way to a bit more intel."

"Did you not talk the Handler of an Nephandi Battle Cruiser into helping out in taking her Labyrinth down?"
Adjan said then he nodded.
"I agree trying to talk the clinic into cooperating might be far more effective than sending someone in to try to sneak in and get the information."
The death magus agreed.

He frowned, "The false nurse is probably not there, but there might be a time limit for how long the surveillance footage is stored locally."

"That is true, in either case we should probably not dally to much to get to the clinic and see what we can find out."
Adjan said and nodded.

He nodded, "I agree; we don't really have anything physical to hand over to Westchapel, in any case."

The Euthanathos nodded at that.

He put the car into gear and rolled out, at a smooth speed for now, but ready to gun it once he hit the streets Earthside, "Oh, and we have to swing by the University hospital, too, on our way home, for that hair sample Dino is getting me. But that can wait."

Adjan rolled his dice and you sort of just glided the car out of the back window of the car rental shop, feeling the slightly cold sensations, like jumping into a lake in spring, as you passed through the Gauntlet and was yet again in physical reality.
"Ah yes we must remember that."
Adjan said and he rolled his bone dice one more time to close the portal and then he nodded.

'Erm... almost all cameras are digital these days.' Nicole replied with a little frown. 'Anyway, as pointed out the attackers are long gone. Looking for new targets, I bet.'

"That might be so Miss Bouchard but what exactly are we doing at Westchapel that we can not do over the phone?"
Adjan asked.
"And leads should be checked out as soon as possible."

Erm... was going to do that anyway. Which is why I asked Colin to drive.' the Etherite replied, a little irritably. 'Anyway, I do have something to hand over. This.' taking the serum the Progenitor had given her from her pocket and placing it on the dashboard. 'Oh, fuck... could have trackers in it. Anyone know how to check for that shit?'

"What is that thing?"
Adjan asked and he looked at the small packaged wrapped in silvery material.
"I can check for magickal trackers."
He offered.
"For more mundane tracking we might want to call one of the Adepts."

The Hospital... cool. They'll be camera'd up to fuck. We'll surely get excellent images of the attacker.' Nicole replied with a little smile. 'Look... let me put in the calls, and we can decide then, m'kay?'

"That is true, the university hospital will have modern, top of the line cameras, perhaps we have to contact the Adepts for that though, then again Mr Wainwright are friends with one of the doctors who might be able to get us access."

[Nicole's Phone]

First, for Hadermann at Westchapel. Nicole dials his number to report on their findings...

Dr Hadermann picked up the phone after two rings, he usually did.
"Yes this is Hadermann how may I help you."
His crisp voice said over the phone.

Once done, Nicole will call Baynes in Detroit. He needs to know her working theory...

Baynes picked up the call and said.
"Ah Nicole it is me, anything new?"

She'll also log in to the transhuman forum she mainly lurked on, to see if there was any updates worth reading...

For the most parts none of the topics where related to what was going on, some of them where interesting, articles on the work to make more genetic works legalized for example but none of it was to interesting other than one post from the poster Parrotdollie which said.

"This is really odd, I have written about the chip I got implanted in Sweden last summer, I really find that to be an interesting project and I have used it for all sort of things around the house, I have programmed keys for it so I can unlock my phone and computer and stuff with it and my coffee maker will start up when I wave my hand over it, anyway today none of the keys worked, the chip appear to be dead which is odd it was supposed to work for at least five years, now the area around it is really swollen and sore, far more than when I had it injected and I don't feel to good, should I go and see a doctor, have anyone else in the Swedish study had any problems like this with their chip?"

Lastly, she'll check her email. See if anything critical had dropped into her Inbox...

There was nothing in your inbox.

[Jeffry's Office]

"So...is the ignem part associated with the perdo, and vim the creo or is it both at the same time? That sounds difficult in either case..."

"It is associated with both."
Jeffry replied.
"This off course makes it more complicated with the hand gestures and there are several opinions but I prefer to keep the techniques done with my dominant hand and move from Creo to Perdo and then back to Creo since while the item is destroyed the essence of it is released to be part of new creation, then I keep the forms to my non dominant hand. Others prefer to do both techniques so do one with the dominant hand and one with the non dominant but I prefer both techniques to me signaled with the dominant hand."
Your Mentor explained as he flashed the and signals, the modern ones to illustrate his point.

[Narim's room]

"Pretty much a definition of the word." He frowned.

"Yes indeed so..."
Narim said and he sigh.
"It is rather odd."

"Great. Well, let's go make sure..."

"Yes would you like to check in on those in Mr Wainwright's room before we head up to the Primus?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

"At this point we just have to try to narrow things down, we can't have this sort of thing happening at random..." he said and left Narim's room to head with him to see the Primus. "This is turning out more complicated than I thought..."

"Agreed we need to learn what is going on at least, odd things happens at a Chantry now and again, but we need to find out what this is."
He said as he begun walking towards either the stairs to get to George's room, or towards Colin's room depending on where you said you wanted to go first.

[Colin's Room]

"My Dad used to bring me VHS movies every now and again. Every time he'd bring me one I'd watch it to death. I remember watching the lion king trilogy every single day for like a week. Managed to memorize most of the lines in those before my dad brought another one. Loved those movies." Serge said with a smile as he remembered the fond memory.

"Yeah odd thing about kids that really is it not Serge when we are kids we can watch a movie again and again, I remember watching my favorites so many times, I am sure I wore out some of my favorites and I mean I spent more time playing outside or reading books or crafting than I did watching TV but once I liked a movie I would watch it allot."

"Awesome! Time for the adventures of Jimbo the Monkey." Serge said as he picked up his die and rolled it across the board.

When it stopped moving it showed a number 5. "Jimbo treks through the dark jungles of jumanji, unafraid of what he will come to face. For the sheer exhilaration of adventure is the thing that fuels his very being! That and bananas." Serge said in story teller's voice as he moved his piece over 5 spaces to see where it landed.

Anna giggled at that.
"It seams you have landed on a blank space so you have to draw a card and decode it."
Kyle said and pointed to the board.
"I have a feeling it is not bananas which are in store for your monkey."
He commented dryly.

(OOC: Yes I did manage to write the title of the thread wrong twice.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 am

[Umbra Port]
Nicole wrote:The large woman blinked, clearly a little puzzled. 'Wait... they'll not simply tell you to fuck off? Or threaten to sic the lawyers on you if you dared to "slander" them?'
Anja wrote:"Did you not talk the Handler of an Nephandi Battle Cruiser into helping out in taking her Labyrinth down?"
Adjan said then he nodded.
"I agree trying to talk the clinic into cooperating might be far more effective than sending someone in to try to sneak in and get the information."
The death magus agreed.
Colin smiled, "Well, I've had some modest successes in persuasion. The clinic administrator might react so negatively to suggestions of letting the word out, but honestly, they couldn't afford the scandal. Far easier for them if we simply get a few snapshots of the culprit to make the whole problem... disappear. Keep in mind, we are doing them a favour by sorting their security breach, too."

Nicole wrote:'Erm... was going to do that anyway. Which is why I asked Colin to drive.' the Etherite replied, a little irritably. 'Anyway, I do have something to hand over. This.' taking the serum the Progenitor had given her from her pocket and placing it on the dashboard. 'Oh, fuck... could have trackers in it. Anyone know how to check for that shit?'
Anja wrote:"What is that thing?"
Adjan asked and he looked at the small packaged wrapped in silvery material.
"I can check for magickal trackers."
He offered.
"For more mundane tracking we might want to call one of the Adepts."
He arched an eyebrow at the packet, "What the... Have you been pilfering medical supplies, now?"

Anja wrote:Adjan rolled his dice and you sort of just glided the car out of the back window of the car rental shop, feeling the slightly cold sensations, like jumping into a lake in spring, as you passed through the Gauntlet and was yet again in physical reality.
"Ah yes we must remember that."
Adjan said and he rolled his bone dice one more time to close the portal and then he nodded.
Nicole wrote:'The Hospital... cool. They'll be camera'd up to fuck. We'll surely get excellent images of the attacker.' Nicole replied with a little smile. 'Look... let me put in the calls, and we can decide then, m'kay?'
Anja wrote:"That is true, the university hospital will have modern, top of the line cameras, perhaps we have to contact the Adepts for that though, then again Mr Wainwright are friends with one of the doctors who might be able to get us access."
He nodded, the hairs on the backs of his hands briefly standing up as they crossed the Gauntlet,, "I do believe Dino would be able to easily get the footage, seeing as the afflicted girl is his patient. So... wait, Westchapel and the skin clinic would be in roughly the same direction, wouldn't they? Closest first, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:23 am

[Umbra Port]

Colin smiled, "Well, I've had some modest successes in persuasion. The clinic administrator might react so negatively to suggestions of letting the word out, but honestly, they couldn't afford the scandal. Far easier for them if we simply get a few snapshots of the culprit to make the whole problem... disappear. Keep in mind, we are doing them a favour by sorting their security breach, too."

"Agreed the thing is people are often easy to lead, they want god things to happen and do not want bad things to happen, understandable enough, so if one offer to take away a problem, for them doing something that will cost them nothing and have a veiled threat in the background of trouble if they do not comply very many will be quite reasonable."
Adjan said.

He nodded, the hairs on the backs of his hands briefly standing up as they crossed the Gauntlet,, "I do believe Dino would be able to easily get the footage, seeing as the afflicted girl is his patient. So... wait, Westchapel and the skin clinic would be in roughly the same direction, wouldn't they? Closest first, then?"

"Hum...yes they are...so let me see the clinic should be that direction and if we just continue along towards the industrial area a little further towards the edge of town we get to Westchapel."
Adjan agreed and he nodded to what he said about the hospital and Dino.
"Well then I should probably take that call to the Chief while you drive then Mr Wainwright?"
The Euthanathos asked.
"Anything in particular I should remember to mention to Master Morgan?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:25 pm

[Umbra Port]
Anja wrote:"Hum...yes they are...so let me see the clinic should be that direction and if we just continue along towards the industrial area a little further towards the edge of town we get to Westchapel."
Adjan agreed and he nodded to what he said about the hospital and Dino.
"Well then I should probably take that call to the Chief while you drive then Mr Wainwright?"
The Euthanathos asked.
"Anything in particular I should remember to mention to Master Morgan?"
Colin pondered briefly, "Tell him... that there's a new faction gathering, an as-yet unknown, which looks disturbingly plausible as the culprit here. Tell him that right now, our best lead is a certain summer child Adley spoke with when the Chief and I saved the Umbral Port. Those exact words. He'll figure it out."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 pm

[Driving in Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Records won't be wiped for ages.' Nicole replied, looking at her phone. 'They'll need to keep 'em at least 'till the end of the day. Y'know, in case the cops come to ask for 'em.'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'An anti-poison serum. Which I... found. While tidying up.' she quipped, then gave a smile. 'Nah, the Doctor gave it to me.'

Anja's Post:

'Which is why I'm calling Westchapel. For all we know, they might have a few Adepts sitting around, waiting for a target to launch their keyboards at.'

[Nicole's Phone]

Anja's Post:

'Professor - Bouchard here. We've been to the port, have updates.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes, sir. Evidence that this is an attack is growing. At least three cases here in Boston confirmed after being injected by something. Have you got any new red dots on your distribution map?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole frowned for a moment, wondering whether to respond, and if so how. In the end, she compromised; replied with a link to the thread she'd seen this morning with a 'You think this might be related?' line below it.

While she was at it, she found the username to the one who she'd messaged this morning. 'Think this is an attack, not a disease. Tell folk to avoid going outside and places where they might be stabbed with a needle.'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 pm

[Umbra Port]

Colin pondered briefly, "Tell him... that there's a new faction gathering, an as-yet unknown, which looks disturbingly plausible as the culprit here. Tell him that right now, our best lead is a certain summer child Adley spoke with when the Chief and I saved the Umbral Port. Those exact words. He'll figure it out."

"As you will."
Adjan said and he flipped his phone open and called the Chief, he did give the older mage the exact message you said and then the phone Chief appeared to be quiet for a while. Adjan nodded when the man started speaking again.
"He says he is going to get good use of the hair tonic you got him. He asks if there was any more information about this new faction and that you are going to have to discuss this at the Chantry later."

Records won't be wiped for ages.' Nicole replied, looking at her phone. 'They'll need to keep 'em at least 'till the end of the day. Y'know, in case the cops come to ask for 'em.'

"That is good to know."
The Euthanathos agreed and nodded.

'An anti-poison serum. Which I... found. While tidying up.' she quipped, then gave a smile. 'Nah, the Doctor gave it to me.'

"Interesting, but is not this doctor a Progenitor, why would she help you?"
Adjan asked.

Which is why I'm calling Westchapel. For all we know, they might have a few Adepts sitting around, waiting for a target to launch their keyboards at.'

The Euthanathos nodded at that.

'Professor - Bouchard here. We've been to the port, have updates.'

"Ah excellent Scientist Bouchard, please give me the update."
Dr Hadermann replied simply.

'Yes, sir. Evidence that this is an attack is growing. At least three cases here in Boston confirmed after being injected by something. Have you got any new red dots on your distribution map?'

"I have unfortunately, sleepers, three cases in DC so far, a peacemaker and two cochlear, and one in Boston a little girl with a peacemaker at the university hospital."
The Etherite said.
"The situation is getting dire."
He said sounding nervous.
"Do you have any indication about who is doing this?"

Nicole frowned for a moment, wondering whether to respond, and if so how. In the end, she compromised; replied with a link to the thread she'd seen this morning with a 'You think this might be related?' line below it.

While she was at it, she found the username to the one who she'd messaged this morning. 'Think this is an attack, not a disease. Tell folk to avoid going outside and places where they might be stabbed with a needle.'

You got a reply from the user you had talked with this morning.
"An attack, but how...why? Who is doing it? I will spread the word but shit, you really think is is an attack?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:34 pm

[Umbra Port]
Nicole wrote:'Records won't be wiped for ages.' Nicole replied, looking at her phone. 'They'll need to keep 'em at least 'till the end of the day. Y'know, in case the cops come to ask for 'em.'
Anja wrote:"That is good to know."
The Euthanathos agreed and nodded.
Colin nodded, "True - but we might want to make sure we get there before the police do; the Union's got an easier time of getting access to police records as such, but they've got a bit more red tape to contend with."

Nicole wrote:'An anti-poison serum. Which I... found. While tidying up.' she quipped, then gave a smile. 'Nah, the Doctor gave it to me.'
Anja wrote:"Interesting, but is not this doctor a Progenitor, why would she help you?"
Adjan asked.
He arched an eyebrow, then grinned wryly, "And here you expressed doubts about her morals and ethics... An antitoxin just might be the ace we need up our sleeve."
He glanced sideways at Adjan, then flicked a look at Nicole in the rearview mirror, "I think she's a doctor first and Progenitor second... On the streets, we would have to exchange shots, but in the clinic back there... she'll provide medical treatment to anyone who needs it. That extends, it seems, to an emergency kit we can try to save a life with, if we cross paths with the culprit at an inopportune moment..."

Nicole wrote:'Which is why I'm calling Westchapel. For all we know, they might have a few Adepts sitting around, waiting for a target to launch their keyboards at.'
He nodded.

Anja wrote:"As you will."
Adjan said and he flipped his phone open and called the Chief, he did give the older mage the exact message you said and then the phone Chief appeared to be quiet for a while. Adjan nodded when the man started speaking again.
"He says he is going to get good use of the hair tonic you got him. He asks if there was any more information about this new faction and that you are going to have to discuss this at the Chantry later."
He grinned briefly, "I suppose he will, at that... No new information on the new faction itself, but the summer child is part of a new Chantry of refugees from all factions, including the new mystery group. Hence if I locate them, I might be able to gain some intel on the new faction from a non-Fallen source. The problem is that I need to find them through a Fallen woman, however... not-awful persons she and her brother are."

((OOC: Off to play Pathfinder. My character, Miles Prower, is a two-tailed Kitsune. Oh, the face on the group member who realized what I was doing... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:44 pm

[Driving in Boston]

Colin's Post:

'Why would the cops get involved with this?' Nicole replied, with a raised eyebrow. 'Just mean they keep the camera footage for if the cops ask for it. Or to look later to see if one of the wage-slaves has been, like giving themselves a... perk by taking stuff from the supply closet home with them.'

Colin's Post:

'Will continue to do so if I used it and it had a tracer in it which meant every Mirrorshade knew where I was.'

[Nicole's Phone]

Anja's Post:

'The Union is being attacked too; three cases in the med-bay, another died at the helm of a transport coming in from DC. Two confirmed they'd been jabbed by something just before the failure and fever. Can't ask the third due to being dead. Slow on the uptake, they are; hadn't even considered this being an attack. Of course, they think we're behind this.'

'I have three solid leads, sir; a coffee-shop, a doctor's and a hospital within the city. Have fair "time of attack" for two of these. I am sure all three will be camera'd up, which means we need an Adept to simply hack the systems, pull up the footage and get a visual ID on our enemy. Well... that's how I'd do it, sir.' adding the last bit apologetically.

'One of the Unionists gave me an anti-poison kit or something. Would like someone to give it the once-over. Orders, sir?'

Anja's Post:

'Good.' Nicole replied. 'Sorry sir. Not good for them. Good in the respect that none of these are in new cities. This means this could be the actions of a small cell, it does. No indications yet on the attacker, sir - though I'll happily report Mirrorshades are targets too. More confirmations of possible-jabs being done. You reported one case in London... had they been on the East Coast the day before, sir? After all, it's the afternoon in Europe and we've had only that one attack reported. Doesn't fit the MO.'

Anja's Post:

'Only theory that currently fits the evidence. Far too many of the victims are reporting having mysterious jabs, being "scraped" or "stung" just before the shit hits.' she messaged back.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:44 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah odd thing about kids that really is it not Serge when we are kids we can watch a movie again and again, I remember watching my favorites so many times, I am sure I wore out some of my favorites and I mean I spent more time playing outside or reading books or crafting than I did watching TV but once I liked a movie I would watch it allot."

"That was a fun time. I had way to much free time on my hands." Serge said smiling fondly. "Although thanks to netflix I don't think rewatching things over and over again is going to be a kid thing any more. You keep seeing people talking about how their on their one-millionith viewing of the Office and stuff like that."

Anja wrote:Anna giggled at that.
"It seams you have landed on a blank space so you have to draw a card and decode it."
Kyle said and pointed to the board.
"I have a feeling it is not bananas which are in store for your monkey."
He commented dryly.

"Jimbo laughs in the face of danger!" Serge said picking up a card and enthisiastically placing it into the decoder to see what the deck had on store for his monkey friend.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:15 pm

[Umbra Port]

Colin nodded, "True - but we might want to make sure we get there before the police do; the Union's got an easier time of getting access to police records as such, but they've got a bit more red tape to contend with."

Why would the cops get involved with this?' Nicole replied, with a raised eyebrow. 'Just mean they keep the camera footage for if the cops ask for it. Or to look later to see if one of the wage-slaves has been, like giving themselves a... perk by taking stuff from the supply closet home with them.'

"It depends on whatever or not news of this illness or rather attacks will lead out to sleeper law enforcement, and chances are sooner or later it will."
Adjan said and frowned.
"I guess it is more of an issue of finding the guilty party as soon as possible before they can do more harm."

He arched an eyebrow, then grinned wryly, "And here you expressed doubts about her morals and ethics... An antitoxin just might be the ace we need up our sleeve."
He glanced sideways at Adjan, then flicked a look at Nicole in the rearview mirror, "I think she's a doctor first and Progenitor second... On the streets, we would have to exchange shots, but in the clinic back there... she'll provide medical treatment to anyone who needs it. That extends, it seems, to an emergency kit we can try to save a life with, if we cross paths with the culprit at an inopportune moment..."

"This may be so Colin but she IS a Technocrat so I would feel better doing what Miss Bouchard suggested and get the package checked for tracers or anything else which might be a problem."
The death magus said clearly not completely trusting the Progenitor's good intentions.

He grinned briefly, "I suppose he will, at that... No new information on the new faction itself, but the summer child is part of a new Chantry of refugees from all factions, including the new mystery group. Hence if I locate them, I might be able to gain some intel on the new faction from a non-Fallen source. The problem is that I need to find them through a Fallen woman, however... not-awful persons she and her brother are."

Adjan relayed the message then he said.
"Master Morgan say the issue of this Chantry you speak of are complicated legally so we should discuss it when we return, though information on this new faction would be a good idea. Was there then anything else I should tell him?"

'Will continue to do so if I used it and it had a tracer in it which meant every Mirrorshade knew where I was.'

"That would not be good."
Adjan agreed.

[Nicole's Phone]

'The Union is being attacked too; three cases in the med-bay, another died at the helm of a transport coming in from DC. Two confirmed they'd been jabbed by something just before the failure and fever. Can't ask the third due to being dead. Slow on the uptake, they are; hadn't even considered this being an attack. Of course, they think we're behind this.'

"That more or less confirm that we are talking about hostile actions and yes the Union are well organized but they are to beurocratic, not allowing individual agents to act meaning that yes they can be slow on the uptake as you say Scientist."
Dr Hadermann said.

'I have three solid leads, sir; a coffee-shop, a doctor's and a hospital within the city. Have fair "time of attack" for two of these. I am sure all three will be camera'd up, which means we need an Adept to simply hack the systems, pull up the footage and get a visual ID on our enemy. Well... that's how I'd do it, sir.' adding the last bit apologetically.

"The hospital should have ample security system so finding a camera feed should not be a problem if you now where and when this happened, I will get one of our Adepts on it."
The Deacon agreed.
"What sort of doctor's office and which coffee shop, the coffee shop will be the place least likely to have cameras so someone will have to go there to investigate, perhaps at the doctor's to depending on what security they have."

'One of the Unionists gave me an anti-poison kit or something. Would like someone to give it the once-over. Orders, sir?'

"Do you have anyone with you who can give the kit a check? Bringing it to a Chantry is not a good idea if there are any tracers on it. Well depending on how easy it would be to get information from this doctor's office remotely either your group should check that place out or the coffee shop but for that I need to know a bit more about these two locations."
Hadermann replied.

'Good.' Nicole replied. 'Sorry sir. Not good for them. Good in the respect that none of these are in new cities. This means this could be the actions of a small cell, it does. No indications yet on the attacker, sir - though I'll happily report Mirrorshades are targets too. More confirmations of possible-jabs being done. You reported one case in London... had they been on the East Coast the day before, sir? After all, it's the afternoon in Europe and we've had only that one attack reported. Doesn't fit the MO.'

"I see what you mean...and that there are no new cities are good even if it is not good with new cases. I agree this could be a small cell causing this, the question remains why, especially if the Union are hit as well then it is doubtful that it is them which are the problem. I will get someone to investigate if the afflicted person in London had been on the East Coast the day before."
Baynes agreed.

Only theory that currently fits the evidence. Far too many of the victims are reporting having mysterious jabs, being "scraped" or "stung" just before the shit hits.' she messaged back.

"That is some scary shit, I will send the word out."
You got as an reply.

[Colin's Room]

"That was a fun time. I had way to much free time on my hands." Serge said smiling fondly. "Although thanks to netflix I don't think rewatching things over and over again is going to be a kid thing any more. You keep seeing people talking about how their on their one-millionith viewing of the Office and stuff like that."

"Well certainly some of it was lack of options, if it was a rainy Saturday afternoon and your parents rented a movie for you that was your entertainment for the weekend, now there are so much there right at one's fingertips, then again kids do like repetition so I do not think it is impossible many kids watch things again and again today either."
Beatrice said and nodded.

"Jimbo laughs in the face of danger!" Serge said picking up a card and enthisiastically placing it into the decoder to see what the deck had on store for his monkey friend.

The issue seamed to be a school of piranas, exactly how that happened on the path was another matter but little fishes with allot of teeth it was.
"So no you set the timer then Sir and we try to save you?"
Anna asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:53 pm

[Nicole's Phone]

Anja's Post:

'Have the addresses with me, sir. It's...' Nicole replied, giving the probable times of attack and their names '...And I think the coffee shop would have cameras too; to watch the baristas so they don't steal from the register. Only problem, only us two know what the victims look like, which means one of us will have to watch the footage. Felt it was pushing it too far by asking for photos.'

Anja's Post:

'Already plan to check for that. I was more talking about taking a look at it. Not often we get a peek at Union gear, is it?'

Anja's Post:

'Yes, sir. Has anyone else made any progress in trying to nail this yet?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:09 pm

[Nicole's Phone]

'Have the addresses with me, sir. It's...' Nicole replied, giving the probable times of attack and their names '

"Good."
The Deacon Primus said and you heard the sound of a pen on paper as he wrote the information down.
"I will see what the Adepts can do with the cameras for these two locations, that is probably the simplest solution."

'...And I think the coffee shop would have cameras too; to watch the baristas so they don't steal from the register. Only problem, only us two know what the victims look like, which means one of us will have to watch the footage. Felt it was pushing it too far by asking for photos.'

"Some cafes have cameras but by far not all. I will ask the Adepts to have a look the place and see if there is anything, if you can just give me the address to the coffee shop as well."
Hadermann replied.
"Let me see what we can get and I can have the video sent to your phone."

'Already plan to check for that. I was more talking about taking a look at it. Not often we get a peek at Union gear, is it?'

"We get some from captures agents now and again but yes if the kit is not bugged please bring it around to Westchapel when you have the time I would love to have a look at it."
The Elder Etherite replied.

'Yes, sir. Has anyone else made any progress in trying to nail this yet?'

"No not yet. We have a few teams on it though."
Baynes replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next