Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

5 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:43 pm

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'Are there any signals coming from that apartment in general?'

Anja's Post:

'Okay.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:18 pm

[Roxbury]

'Are there any signals coming from that apartment in general?'

"Nothing relevant, the man left his Netflix on when he left the apartment, it is checking now and again for the show it was left on pause on."
Narim commented.
"Other than that nothing but the usual."

Okay.'

"I will talk with you later then Miss Bouchard."
The Virtual Adept said and h waited to see if you had anything to add before he hung up on the call.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:22 pm

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'Thanks. I'll keep you in the loop.' Nicole replied. Once the call was done, the two women will continue back to the apartment block...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:51 pm

[Roxbury]

You got back to the apartment block, you saw the garage door open to let out a freshly polished red BMW and the the garage gate closed again.
"Well let us see if this works."
Helena said.
"Did you find the button to open the garage doors?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:00 pm

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'That I did.' Nicole replied. 'Well, here goes...' driving to enter the garage and pressing the button on the clicker she'd found...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:19 pm

[Fenway]

Helena nodded. You pressed the button you found in the ghoul's car and the garage door swung open revealing a large open area filled with rows of expensive cars. In one corner area stood less fancy cars probably this was where the housekeepers and other servants parked.
"Well we are in. Now to look for a service lift."
Helena commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:33 pm

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'That we are.' Nicole commented, looking to see if each apartment had designated spaces, or whether it was a free-for-all. 'What's our cover story if stopped on the way?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:43 pm

[Fenway]

Each apartment had a designated parking spot.
"Hum we could say we are delivering something."
The Flambeau said.
"Perhaps indicate it is something that need delivering discretly. That could work."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:47 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"This is likely yes, however until we know how this illness spreads there are likely to be a full stop of travel to Horizon."
Dr Hadermann said and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:"I understand it's a good precaution, it just...complicates some things."
Anja wrote:"I am sorry to hear that Mr Roth Hicks but I fear we can not risk all of Horizon's safety in order not to...complicate things."
Dr Hadermann said and he raised an eyebrow.
S7trif3 wrote:"I am not suggesting you should, but it means we have to figure some things out though. Would spirits would still be allowed to travel there?"
Anja wrote:"I see no reason why non corporal being would not be allowed, they would not be able to spread a physical illness."
Dr Hadermann replied.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "So we can at least try to get messages through with trusted spirits... perhaps even send some on a practical errand."

Anja wrote:"That is understandable, at least with the hyperspray vaccinations should not be painful which would reduce stress in young or sensitive members. As for your apprentice...I guess it would scare her as well then to agree to being lulled to sleep for injections, hum...it should be possible to do most procedures with the hyperspray and...checking her vitals with magick and when you have to draw blood...have using suction been considered? With the right device it should be possible to draw a fair amount of blood through the skin, without breaking it, a regular vacuum tube could then be used for collection from the vacuum device, such a device would bruise her but should not hurt."
The old Etherite mushed.
He frowned, then nodded, "A vacuum device... we've not tried that. I'll ask Dr. Lee about it when I get home."

Anja wrote:"Well that is a fine mess."
Freddy said as she pulled up her shirt a little to reveal the UFO tattoo she had on her lower back.
"Are we sure the attempt at your apprentice's life are unrelated Mr Wainwright?"
Dr Hadermann asked while he finished gathering his supplies.
S7trif3 wrote:"We still don't know why, but it could be as simple as sowing discord. With our eyes on figuring this out, and keeping us all separated, they could be planning something else. Or it could be an end unto itself." He frowned.
Anja wrote:"Well it is pointless to speculate as for motivation of our adversaries, we need to stop them regardless of their reasons."
The Etherite said.
"We will learn why soon enough right now we have to focus on finding them."
S7trif3 wrote:"If we happen to find out more of their motivation, it might be good to know why; of course we need to stop them, and this...thing from spreading."
Anja wrote:"It would be good to know their motivation indeed Mr Wainwright."
The Etherite said.
"But wasting time on nothing but speculation is seldom fruitful."
He frowned, "There's been nothing to suggest a connection between the attempt on my daughter's life, and the plague. For now, it seems more likely the attempt on my daughter is connected to the little kerfuffle we sorted out two months ago. As for divining the culprits' motivations regarding the plague - knowing their motives and reasons would help immensely in guessing their next moves, and preparing counters to them."

S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, I do plan on it. I was thinking of having Richard take care of me, though as he understands how particular I am with any samples of my blood hanging around."
Anja wrote:"Dr Lee is a skilled doctor Sir, so you should do whatever you are comfortable with. We do have Hermetics here as well though, we know how sensitive members of your Order are about their so called Arcane connections and I assure you all samples are destroyed with primal fire as soo as they are analyzed."
Alicia said.
S7trif3 wrote:"That is a good protocol."
Anja wrote:"It is Sir, my Mentor have a Primal flame incinerator in his lab for getting rid of bio material that are no longer needed."
Alicia agreed with a nod.
He nodded, "Perhaps we should ask Miss Bouchard if she can rig up one of those for the infirmary?"

Anja wrote:"Could not magick be used to remove your scars? I know old injuries are often hard to heal but after all it can be done."
The apprentice said as she went to the sink to wash her hands.
He smiled and shrugged, "They're... reluctant to change. Besides, I am quite involved in Sleeper society as a craftsman - people would take note if my face suddenly changed. Plus, I think my Avatar rather likes it like this, as does my girlfriend."

Anja wrote:"Yes...I was sent to help out at the university hospital a bit back I saw allot of...lack of compassion, especially when it came to children."
The young mage said with a sigh.
"Where it was just easier to hold scared children down than trying to convince them to cooperate, in fact in children under twelve it is the standard procedure, they are held down for any potentially painful procedure unless the parents insist they are not treated so. Once I saw one of the doctors...this werewolf go between and stop things, that created quite a stir."
She said as she sat down at the table.
"Ok then Sir if you will let me have a look at your arms...I have never tried this with someone who got jhor before though."
He grinned and took off his jacket, rolling up his shirtsleeve, "Ah, Dino... I hope he didn't show off too much fur at the time? And consider it an educational moment, then, since there's a fair chance you'll encounter patients far worse afflicted with Jhor than me."

Anja wrote:"I am going to have to test myself again as well after touching you Sir."
Alicia said.
He nodded, "At least if I test positive, right? If I test negative, well... better safe than sorry anyways, right?"

Anja wrote:"I am afraid I don't understand Sir."
Alicia said and she sounded confused.
"Having your helicoper shot down sounds really scary though."
He smiled wryly, "I made an effect without the cause - the old gent doesn't like that. So I had to make a compromise with him for the cause... as for getting shot down, it was the third most painful and scary moment of my life. You don't want to know about the two worst..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:04 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"Yes she looks pretty cool."
Stephen agreed.
"And she is a good guardian for the Chantry to."
He added. But you know if you want to learn to see spirits Sir then it is fairly simple magick it would only tak a bit of time and effort to learn.

"Easy for you to say. You've already learnt it " Serge said with a chuckle. "Plus I got a bunch of stuff on my plate already."

Anja wrote:"Ah forgive me Sir...I spoke to freely."
The young Hermetic said but he gave you another look clearly thinking you goal where pretty unrealistic.

"You can speak as freely as you want around me. I don't mind." Serge said, noticing the young Hermetic look.

Anja wrote:"I have spent so much time in our own library, libraries do tend to be cool so I am sure I will love it."
Stephen said as he headed down the stairs with you.
"So you said you where fairly new at Steelhaven? When did you movie in?"

"3 months ago. So yeah, I'm fairly new here." Serge replied,  maintaining a brisk pace towards the library.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'Packages would be left with the front desk. Plus, we don't have no package.' Nicole replied, pulling into the designated parking spot. 'How about we're the slave's cousins or something coming to visit?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:02 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "So we can at least try to get messages through with trusted spirits... perhaps even send some on a practical errand."

"Yes that should be possible Mr Wainwright, I can not add much to the question though as I really have little knowledge of such interdenominational entities."
Dr Hadermann said and nodded.
"I do believe Master Morgan are quite skilled with such beings though."

He frowned, then nodded, "A vacuum device... we've not tried that. I'll ask Dr. Lee about it when I get home."

"Yes I noticed it being mentioned in a medical magazine I read, it is being developed for use on children who have conditions requiring frequent blood tests, and if sleepers can build something to get to the test stage I am sure we can develop something that actually works."
The Etherite said.

He frowned, "There's been nothing to suggest a connection between the attempt on my daughter's life, and the plague. For now, it seems more likely the attempt on my daughter is connected to the little kerfuffle we sorted out two months ago. As for divining the culprits' motivations regarding the plague - knowing their motives and reasons would help immensely in guessing their next moves, and preparing counters to them."

"Hum...more trouble with the Fallen."
Dr Hadermann said sigh a sigh.
"I guess there is good reasons why they would want your young daughter dead? And that your Hermetic Security Chief is doing what he can to keep her safe. As for finding out the plague spreaders' intentions I am not disputing that would be a boon, I am however stating that idle speculation is a waste of time. If we can capture someone who knows more or otherwise find out more information that would be very good indeed."

He nodded, "Perhaps we should ask Miss Bouchard if she can rig up one of those for the infirmary?"

"I am sure my Mentor would be willing to trade for the schematics to the incinerator it can be a very practical machine Sir."
Alicia said and smiled.
"I do not have his abilities yet, and mostly I work with organic tissue, though I have made a ray gun of sorts, but it need to be charged between uses."
She said proudly.
"It runs on a sort of yeast."

He smiled and shrugged, "They're... reluctant to change. Besides, I am quite involved in Sleeper society as a craftsman - people would take note if my face suddenly changed. Plus, I think my Avatar rather likes it like this, as does my girlfriend."

"That is...inspiring I guess Sir to be able to accept one's own appearance as different. One of my friends are quite plump and I do not understand how she can just be happy with herself, I on the other hand look in the mirror and see every blemish and flaw."
The young girl admitted.
"But I guess if you accept yourself as you are there are no reason to change."

He grinned and took off his jacket, rolling up his shirtsleeve, "Ah, Dino... I hope he didn't show off too much fur at the time? And consider it an educational moment, then, since there's a fair chance you'll encounter patients far worse afflicted with Jhor than me."

"No fur but the kid's parents rather quickly stopped what they where doing and the medical staff as well, the doctor is a kind man but when he is angry, shit you do not want to stand against him."
Alicia said and she gently placed the tourniquet and started examining your arms with her fingertips looking a bit frustrated.
"I know there are veins there, they have to be but I see nothing...my Mentor says that with jhor all blood vessels get smaller which lead to pallor, and to make things more difficult skin, particularly white skin gets an almost translucent look to it, allowing one to see all the tiny little capillaries. You would think it would make it easier when the skin gets so pale, but no you see the spider web of capillaries an they actually make it harder to see...anything. How on earth do someone with more jhor get medical aid Sir?"
The girl asked the she looked down and sigh.
"Sorry Sir, that was unprofessional of me. Nurse Jennitt my instructor at the university hospital says one should never comment on how hard a patient are to stick as that can make them feel bad, one should do one's best to find a vain and if one can not do it leave to job to someone else."

He nodded, "At least if I test positive, right? If I test negative, well... better safe than sorry anyways, right?"

"Better safe than sorry and besides I need all the practice I can get, so drawing from myself is an opportunity I should use, after all better I do all the mistakes when working on myself than on patients at the hospital."
Alicia said and shrugged.

He smiled wryly, "I made an effect without the cause - the old gent doesn't like that. So I had to make a compromise with him for the cause... as for getting shot down, it was the third most painful and scary moment of my life. You don't want to know about the two worst..."

"Only the third! What could be more painful than such injuries?"
The young Etherite exclaimed.
"No I suspect I do not want to know, I broke my arm once and cried like a baby until my Mentor knitted the bone back together again...and you are saying...shit...eh sorry about the language Sir."
Alicia seamed rather shocked.

[Steelhaven]

"Easy for you to say. You've already learnt it " Serge said with a chuckle. "Plus I got a bunch of stuff on my plate already."

"I guess you will have to put it on your to do list then Sir."
The young Hermetic said.

"You can speak as freely as you want around me. I don't mind." Serge said, noticing the young Hermetic look.

"Thank you Sir, but I was not polite and for that I am sorry."
Stephen said apologetically.

"3 months ago. So yeah, I'm fairly new here." Serge replied, maintaining a brisk pace towards the library.

You got to the library, you found your uncle and Helga there, they stood by the small table discussing something over a book. Ryan gave you a wave of his hand when he saw you though Helga looked as grim as always.
"I guess that it is not a long time no."
The Hermetic said before he bowed to the two older magi.
"What was it like moving to a new Chantry?"

[Fenway]

Packages would be left with the front desk. Plus, we don't have no package.' Nicole replied, pulling into the designated parking spot. 'How about we're the slave's cousins or something coming to visit?'

"Yeah...I guess you are right about that. Very well we are Fio's relatives come here for a visit then, that works."
Helena said as she stepped out of the car.
"Hopefully we will not have to explain ourselves to anyone here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:18 pm

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'Shouldn't need to explain - simply making sure we don't give different stories.' the Etherite replied, getting out and locking the door. 'Now, what floor do you wish to start on looking for the apartment?' walking towards the doors, into the building proper.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:31 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir, but I was not polite and for that I am sorry."
Stephen said apologetically.

"Relax, it's all right. Like I said, I don't mind." Serge said with a small chuckle at the overly polite Hermetic.

Anja wrote:You got to the library, you found your uncle and Helga there, they stood by the small table discussing something over a book. Ryan gave you a wave of his hand when he saw you though Helga looked as grim as always.
"I guess that it is not a long time no."
The Hermetic said before he bowed to the two older magi.
"What was it like moving to a new Chantry?"

He waved at his Uncle and Helga when he saw them.

"It was a bit nerve-wracking. I was new, I was nervous, I knew no one, on my first day the Nephandi were attacking." Serge said to Stephen nonchalantly.

"Behold! The library!" Serge said with a sweeping gesture.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:37 pm

[Fenway]

"Yes we should have the same story."
Helena agreed. You found the door quickly, there where both a door into the main building itself that residents would take and also a service elevator at the back wall.
"Did you get the full address? If so the apartment number should be on it, if so that should give us a clue as to where in the building it was located."
The Hermetic said and she joined you towards the doors to the main part of the building.

[Steelhaven]

"Relax, it's all right. Like I said, I don't mind." Serge said with a small chuckle at the overly polite Hermetic.

"Very well as you wish Sir."
Stephen said and nodded.

He waved at his Uncle and Helga when he saw them.

"It was a bit nerve-wracking. I was new, I was nervous, I knew no one, on my first day the Nephandi were attacking." Serge said to Stephen nonchalantly.

"Behold! The library!" Serge said with a sweeping gesture.

"I can understand that, I was pretty nervous when I moved in to Chantry Talana as well. I spend the first two years of my apprenticeship still living home with my parents but when I Awakened I moved in to my Mentor's Chantry."
Stephen said as he begun looking around the rows of books.
"There are some great titles here Sir."
He said happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:44 pm

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, it's [address].' Nicole replied, striding into the main building like she had every right to be there, the backpack slung over one shoulder. 'Your guess is as good as mine.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:52 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"I can understand that, I was pretty nervous when I moved in to Chantry Talana as well. I spend the first two years of my apprenticeship still living home with my parents but when I Awakened I moved in to my Mentor's Chantry."
Stephen said as he begun looking around the rows of books.

"I lived with my parents for most of my awakened life. I had to go to the chantry my mentor was staying at to train. Serge commented looking through some of the books as well.

Anja wrote:"There are some great titles here Sir."
He said happily.

"Yeah, I always find something new every time I come here. Hey, you wanna play a little game?" he asked. "5 minutes. You and I both try and look for the most obscure, interesting, or weird book that we can find."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:13 pm

[Fenway]

"There could be a map here somewhere of where the various apartments are located...other than that, well I could see if I could find some of Fio's hairs in his car to scry with or we might just start at a floor...I doubt he have one of the cheapest apartments, if any of them could be called cheap, on the lowest floors so if we try on the third floor...hum or I could try to scry with the keys again to see if it will work with the door key as well."
Helena said.

[Steelhaven]

"I lived with my parents for most of my awakened life. I had to go to the chantry my mentor was staying at to train. Serge commented looking through some of the books as well.

"I was to young when I started my apprenticeship my parents would not let me move out but when I got a little older my Mentor convinced them. I am not sure how but she did."
Stephen said and smiled.

"Yeah, I always find something new every time I come here. Hey, you wanna play a little game?" he asked. "5 minutes. You and I both try and look for the most obscure, interesting, or weird book that we can find."

"The parameters of the game seam a bit off though. I mean what is interesting or strange is very individual, my Mentor for example would find a book about the history of football to be really interesting, me not so much. The same for what is weird, from someone born on Horizon having one sun in the sky is really odd while for us it is perfectly normal."
The young Hermetic said and he raised an eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:41 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"I was to young when I started my apprenticeship my parents would not let me move out but when I got a little older my Mentor convinced them. I am not sure how but she did."
Stephen said and smiled.

"Same here. My mentor wanted to wait until I graduated college before popping the question. I'm not sure how she convinced my parents either but she did it and now I'm here."

Anja wrote:"The parameters of the game seam a bit off though. I mean what is interesting or strange is very individual, my Mentor for example would find a book about the history of football to be really interesting, me not so much. The same for what is weird, from someone born on Horizon having one sun in the sky is really odd while for us it is perfectly normal."
The young Hermetic said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Your thinking too much into this. Just do 'strange and interesting' from your perspective." Serge said, as he searched for a bestiary on the creatures that lived within Horizon. He figured they would both consider the strange and alien bygones that lived in Horizon to be interesting.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:45 pm

"I see no reason why non corporal being would not be allowed, they would not be able to spread a physical illness."
Dr Hadermann replied.

"Good."

"No fur but the kid's parents rather quickly stopped what they where doing and the medical staff as well, the doctor is a kind man but when he is angry, shit you do not want to stand against him."
Alicia said and she gently placed the tourniquet and started examining your arms with her fingertips looking a bit frustrated.
"I know there are veins there, they have to be but I see nothing...my Mentor says that with jhor all blood vessels get smaller which lead to pallor, and to make things more difficult skin, particularly white skin gets an almost translucent look to it, allowing one to see all the tiny little capillaries. You would think it would make it easier when the skin gets so pale, but no you see the spider web of capillaries an they actually make it harder to see...anything. How on earth do someone with more jhor get medical aid Sir?"
The girl asked the she looked down and sigh.
"Sorry Sir, that was unprofessional of me. Nurse Jennitt my instructor at the university hospital says one should never comment on how hard a patient are to stick as that can make them feel bad, one should do one's best to find a vain and if one can not do it leave to job to someone else."

The exchange didn't seem to improve Adley's desire to let the girl stick him in the arm any, and a slight frown appeared on his face. Then he turned away, picked out his phone to check messages, hovering close by without touching anything.

// I can see Helena convincing the parents now. You know how kids are sort of unpredictable and emotional? Well, now add the ability to shoot fireballs : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:58 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Same here. My mentor wanted to wait until I graduated college before popping the question. I'm not sure how she convinced my parents either but she did it and now I'm here."

"I have not graduated collage, it is not likely I will use a sleeper education much. But my Mentor wanted me to be well into my teens before leaving my parents."
Stephen said and nodded.

"Your thinking too much into this. Just do 'strange and interesting' from your perspective." Serge said, as he searched for a bestiary on the creatures that lived within Horizon. He figured they would both consider the strange and alien bygones that lived in Horizon to be interesting.

"Ehm...ok sure I guess I can do that but then not as a game, a game one should try to win, and there is no way to try to win without clear boundaries and rules."
Stephen said, he clearly did not see the point of this activity but he went along with it to be polite and he started looking among the books. You found a book named the Fauna of Horizon Mainland. That might contain what you where looking for.

[Westchapel]

The exchange didn't seem to improve Adley's desire to let the girl stick him in the arm any, and a slight frown appeared on his face. Then he turned away, picked out his phone to check messages, hovering close by without touching anything.

You had gotten two messages one was from your sister.

"Brother I have gone with Miss Bouchard to see what we can find in Fio's apartment, I have asked Mr...ehm Yager was it to spend some time with my apprentice while I am gone, I just wanted to let you know."

The second message was from Narim.

"A I have made progress with the prisoner's phone. I have let Miss Bouchard know but I wanted to make sure you where kept in the loop as well. I have informed the Chief as well."

(OOC: Adley go nope to letting the half trained Etherite poke him with needles. Razz )

(OOC 2: Yeah well that is a pretty goo argument to let the baby Flambeau come to live at one's Chantry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:40 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"Ehm...ok sure I guess I can do that but then not as a game, a game one should try to win, and there is no way to try to win without clear boundaries and rules."
Stephen said, he clearly did not see the point of this activity but he went along with it to be polite and he started looking among the books. You found a book named the Fauna of Horizon Mainland. That might contain what you where looking for.

"That's kinda a narrow definition of a game. Alright then, how about a......fun exercise? Just to find some of the lesser explored topics in the library. There's so many books here and some are probably are less looked through than others." Serge replied, looking through the pages of the book to see what sorts of creatures it described. He was less interested in the written words and more so on the pictures that depicted the creatures.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:49 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Off course there is games like kids playing house and so that are not a competition, but for a game meant to be a completion there should be clear rules."
Stephen said and he gave you another odd look.
"Sure I can see if I find a book on a narrow topic if you wish Sir but if you do not intend to read these books then what is the point?"
He asked and he gave you another strange look before continuing with his task. The book you had picked up had very little pictures there was allot of descriptions of allot of different creatures that lived on the mainland of Horizon though, all from rats and mice and mundane animals to dragons and unicorns.
"Hum..I have found a work about the use of metal to partition candles for multiple uses in spellwork...will that work as something narrow Sir?"
Stephen asked and he waved a little, black book with a picture of a burning candle on the cover.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:32 pm

[Fenway]

Anja's Post:

'Or we can simply try a random level and go from there... third sounds as good as any to start.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug. 'Might be written on the elevator buttons or something...'

[I can't remember... Serge and Nick did meet on the first day, didn't they?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:42 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"Off course there is games like kids playing house and so that are not a competition, but for a game meant to be a completion there should be clear rules."
Stephen said and he gave you another odd look.
"Sure I can see if I find a book on a narrow topic if you wish Sir but if you do not intend to read these books then what is the point?"
He asked and he gave you another strange look before continuing with his task. The book you had picked up had very little pictures there was allot of descriptions of allot of different creatures that lived on the mainland of Horizon though, all from rats and mice and mundane animals to dragons and unicorns.

"Who says I don't intend to read them? The point is to find something new. Something exotic. Something that most people don't tend to look for." Serge explained. "You don't learn new things by sticking with what your familiar with. You have to try and explore the unknown and find new things to broaden your horizons. So many books here. We might find our newest interests amongst these shelves. Interests that we would've never thought about otherwise."

Anja wrote:"Hum..I have found a work about the use of metal to partition candles for multiple uses in spellwork...will that work as something narrow Sir?"
Stephen asked and he waved a little, black book with a picture of a burning candle on the cover.

"Hold up, what did you say. That sounds interesting! What sorts of metals do they use. Any cool symbolic metals?" Serge said showing a keen amount of interest into the esoteric topic.

(OOC: We did. I believe the first time they met was on the first day when we were fighting the escaped frenzying vampires.)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum