Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

5 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 30 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:11 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Hum...Quintessence that was the energy which was at the center of everything right? The basic building block of reality?"
Shawn asked.
"I would love to see that spirit, but only if it is ok for it...if that is fine with you Sir. I know what it feels like to just be used for what one can do, I would not want to do that to the spirit."
Colin smiled, "Ah, there's a difference there, the spirit isn't simply used for what it can do - the spirit is, in essence, the console having gained a measure of awareness. It has relatively little consciousness beyond the game, though given time and effort, it might be strengthened. I suppose careful upgrades to the machine might feed it, too. And potentially, you could find a game with an awakened spirit, too, and the two would be able to play together."
He shrugged, "The easiest way would be to share my sight with you, let you see it as I do without it being lured into the manifest world."

Anja wrote:The young boy thought for a moment then he nodded.
"That makes sense Sir."
He said.
"So you have to be careful with your magick but if you are careful you will be okey? Also it sounds like there are some really powerful mages out there."
He added sounding impressed.
He nodded, "There are some insanely powerful Magi out there. And then there are some Magi with less power, who can apply a great deal of finesse and cleverness to what power they have... I like to think I belong in that latter category, actually. Raw power is overrated, really."

Anja wrote:"We do Sir, if the group consist of only vampires of the same ehm...family like those Embraced by the same Sire then it is called a Brood but we do form groups across Clans as well and then it is called a Cotorie Sir. I always wished to be a member of one but who would want to bring a Thin Blooded into their Cotorie, that is like inviting the end to come."
Shawn muttered sadly.
He nodded, "Then a Cabal would be like a Coterie, then..."

Anja wrote:Shawn nodded again.
"I will stay right here Sir."
He promised.
He nodded and headed from the living room, first looking down by the Node, then upstairs, checking around for Hildegard, "Madame Gottschalk? I just got word back from the Chief."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 30 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:49 pm

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'Thought it was anyway...' she replied, looking a bit confused.

Anja's Post:

'She's solo.' Nicole replied, holding the speaker to her chest and looking to Colin.

[Nicole's anarchistic, but not an anarchist. If you'd like to be technical, her political views are roughly syndicalist. This could attract an older Brujah from said movement's heyday. 'Blackjack' in Chicago, I'm looking at you...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:01 pm

[Villa]

Colin smiled, "Ah, there's a difference there, the spirit isn't simply used for what it can do - the spirit is, in essence, the console having gained a measure of awareness. It has relatively little consciousness beyond the game, though given time and effort, it might be strengthened. I suppose careful upgrades to the machine might feed it, too. And potentially, you could find a game with an awakened spirit, too, and the two would be able to play together."
He shrugged, "The easiest way would be to share my sight with you, let you see it as I do without it being lured into the manifest world."

"So it is like the Japanese concept of things getting spirits if you care enough about them then?"
Shawn said and nodded.
"I will keep that in mind and take even better care of the machine and perhaps find a game like you spoke of as well at some point so they can be friends and yes I would love to see that little spirit but I do not want to be to any bother Sir."

He nodded, "There are some insanely powerful Magi out there. And then there are some Magi with less power, who can apply a great deal of finesse and cleverness to what power they have... I like to think I belong in that latter category, actually. Raw power is overrated, really."

"I guess it is like with debates of who would win of Superman and Goku from DragonBall Sir at some point in how powerful something then it is no longer important really and all that matters is who can use what they got in the most clever way."
The young vampire said then he looked down.
"Sorry Sir bad example I will try not to be such a kid."

He nodded, "Then a Cabal would be like a Coterie, then..."

"Ah ok Sir I get it now."
Shawn replied with a nod.

He nodded and headed from the living room, first looking down by the Node, then upstairs, checking around for Hildegard, "Madame Gottschalk? I just got word back from the Chief."

You got down to the basement and found the well, it felt like normal down here now, the only difference was a small plaque marking the death of Ojan's apprentice, the child had been Fallen but he had also just been a little boy, a little boy with hopes, dreams and parents and someone had thought it right to place a small wooden sign including a tiny shelf with a few toys on it there for him as it was doubtful anyone else would remember his passing. Someone had gotten the boy's name as well, probably from one of the prisoners as the plaque said:
"Kiran age four, loyal apprentice died here, victim of the Ascension War."
What was not in the basement though was Hildegard. Here you found outside, now that Adley was awake and she no longer had to stand guard you found her checking on the condition of her much loved apple trees in the garden. The Chorister turned when she heard you say her name.
"The Chief had good news I hope Mr Wainwright?"
She asked when she had fully turned around from the tree she was inspecting to face you.

(OOC: Well Nicole is probably the character in our game most likely to be Embraced, and then by a Brujah as she would fit them perfectly. While Serge would make a good Toreador I think the faries really would love to get their hands on him.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:59 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"It is a sign of trust among us as well but not the kind of trust you give everyone around you. Look at it like this Sir, let us say you have some horrible experience, sharing that by telling a good friend is trust but if you just lay it on a stranger it will just be weird. Also among vampire no one would want others to know what they are thinking Sir."
The boy explained.
Colin wrote:Colin smiled wryly and nodded to Serge, "I'm inclined to agree with you, you could probably not assert dominance by looking someone in the eye... And there are few quicker ways to get attacked than being perceived as threatening someone's sense of superiority."

"I see. Vampires really are paranoid. Makes sense though, considering what they have to go through. Well the more you know. I'll remember that for the future." he said with a nod.

Anja wrote:Shawn nodded and did as instructed, as you cast your spell he looked around and gasped, he almost smiled against as he looked around at something none but he and Serge could see.
"Ohh...they are right there, like being in the game, they look like I could reach out and touch one."
He exclaimed happily.
"They are so cute...thank you Sir."
The boy said and he did the hand gesture usually used to try to get a cat to come over towards one of the slimes before he reminded himself they where not real and looked a bit embarrassed and stopped.
"So real."

"You can try and touch them. Try to imagine what they feel like and then reach out. They'll feel like how you want them to feel." he said, taking in a few deep breaths and glanced around the room. "If I had a bit more time I could get them to do a bunch more stuff."

The Slimes were just moving around the living room, minding their own business but acknowledging the two boys. Beyond the blue ones they were many other colors, such as orange, pink, and even a metallic slime. He glanced around at the room full of new friends and directed one to jump on to his shoulder like a parrot on a pirates shoulder.

Anja wrote:"There was this Toreador Elder, a Primogen of her city who had plotted against her Prince and lost, she was to be executed but because of her status she was allowed to choose the method, she choose sunlight and to be allowed to see her favorite painting one last time, she stood by the window admiring the painting, she was not restrained though the Prince's ghouls was ready to do so if need be, and she got lost in the painting until the sun came up and claimed her, a bit of ash from her dying form got stuck on the painting and they never got it of as if she became a part of her favorite piece of work in death."
Shawn said his eyes glossed over as if he was not aware of what he was saying.

"Shawn, it's a neat story but stay with us man." he said snapping his fingers in front of the boy to get him to come to attention.

Anja wrote:"But if this Paradox that Mr Wainwright spoke about is dangerous Sir...I would not want you to be in danger for me Sir even if I want my games back."
Shawn said but he never the less closed his eyes and focused on his games, he had memories of each one, he had played through all of them several times as he could not afford to get new ones all the time.
Colin wrote:He nodded, then smiled to Shawn, "The risk is small, and I actually do agree with my Cabalmate. His approach is better to assert the connection to the game collection than mine, and he stands a better chance of getting all the games than I do."

"Paradox is temporary, but the bond you had with these games is forever. It's not a like I'm gonna get these games one at a time. I'm gonna try all at once. That means I get slapped by reality only once." he said placing the final picture of a tokyo drifting Shawn on the ground completing the circle.

"Alright, time to see if I know what I'm doing. Keep remembering those feeling and place your PSP in the centre of the circle."

(OOC: Serge would ooze glamour Razz. Not to mention I think he may have a connection with the dreaming. I remembering reading in the C20 book that cult of ecstasy members have a special relationship with the fae and their glamour.)

(OOC2: Also, if the website is right, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!!!!!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:34 pm

[Villa]

"I see. Vampires really are paranoid. Makes sense though, considering what they have to go through. Well the more you know. I'll remember that for the future." he said with a nod.

"Most are paranoid yes Sir that is how our society works."
Shawn replied softly.

"You can try and touch them. Try to imagine what they feel like and then reach out. They'll feel like how you want them to feel." he said, taking in a few deep breaths and glanced around the room. "If I had a bit more time I could get them to do a bunch more stuff."

The Slimes were just moving around the living room, minding their own business but acknowledging the two boys. Beyond the blue ones they were many other colors, such as orange, pink, and even a metallic slime. He glanced around at the room full of new friends and directed one to jump on to his shoulder like a parrot on a pirates shoulder.

Shawn reached out with a hand hesitantly and touched one of the blue slimes.
"Jello...they feel like my mother's jello."
The boy exclaimed and he almost smiled as he observed the slimes ooze around the living room.
"They are so cute Sir."

"Shawn, it's a neat story but stay with us man." he said snapping his fingers in front of the boy to get him to come to attention.

Shawn took a step back and he shook his head.
"I am so sorry Sir...that just happens sometimes...I am so sorry, please don't punish me...please!"
The boy said clearly in a near panic again thinking he had displeased you and he looked terrified.

"Paradox is temporary, but the bond you had with these games is forever. It's not a like I'm gonna get these games one at a time. I'm gonna try all at once. That means I get slapped by reality only once." he said placing the final picture of a tokyo drifting Shawn on the ground completing the circle.

"Alright, time to see if I know what I'm doing. Keep remembering those feeling and place your PSP in the centre of the circle."

Shawn gave you a fascinated look but he did as he was told and put the PSP in the center of the circle, a bit hesitant to let go of it now that he had it back but he obeyed.
"If you are sure Sir like I said I do not want to be a bother and I have nothing to repay you with."
He said.

(OOC: Serge would be connected to the dreaming pretty strongly which is why the fay would love him, he might be kidnapped by the fairies, which Serge would probably think was fun. He should be able to see Mara's Chimerical unicorn as well.)

(OOC: Happy Birthday Nicole.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:34 pm

[Villa]

He glanced over at Hildegard and then gave her the phone back. "Thank you," he said again. Then he dug out the writing board and started on what he wanted to tell Colin, so he wouldn't have to wait for him to write it out.

He frowned and stalked out while Nicole was on the phone, "You're awake... what's the situation?"

An important but needfully vague update," he replied as he saw Colin come out. He handed him the tablet:

'Dr W from Rvrsd called with an update re: person I rescued. Awake now, but in danger from someone or ones at the chantry. He could not say much but was on his way to our home to talk to my pater about what she told him. She has a watcher for a little while but she needs protection and extraction and to retain her testimony, it seems asap. Coordinate with the Chief to help? Make some reason to be there? Only trustworthy people; not everyone knows that is in our group at the moment. Beware being overheard, only secure systems. I would go but I wait for N. You can take my car if you want once you get home, I can give you my key.'

// needless to say, Adley would not make a good Tremere, he'd be sulkier than Louis in Interview with the Vampire (movie) ALWAYS WHINGING LOUIS!!
// Happy birthday Nic-p!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:39 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:Shawn reached out with a hand hesitantly and touched one of the blue slimes.
"Jello...they feel like my mother's jello."
The boy exclaimed and he almost smiled as he observed the slimes ooze around the living room.
"They are so cute Sir."

"Not a bad comparison. Don't think they taste as good though." Serge said with a smirk, observing the slimes alongside Shawn. "And they are fun little guys aren't they. Let's see if I can make the do tricks."

He concentrated and took control of the illusion once again. The slimes began to jump on top of one another, forming a totem pole that stretched precariously up towards the ceiling.

Anja wrote:Shawn took a step back and he shook his head.
"I am so sorry Sir...that just happens sometimes...I am so sorry, please don't punish me...please!"
The boy said clearly in a near panic again thinking he had displeased you and he looked terrified.

"It's all right. It's all right. I'm not mad and no ones going to punish you." Serge said hastily. "Everyone around me seems to do that. My friend this morning had a freaky trance as well and he acted exactly like you. Just wanted to make sure you were all right."

Anja wrote:Shawn gave you a fascinated look but he did as he was told and put the PSP in the center of the circle, a bit hesitant to let go of it now that he had it back but he obeyed.
"If you are sure Sir like I said I do not want to be a bother and I have nothing to repay you with."
He said.

"Getting a chance to do magick is it's own repayment." he said kneeling down towards the circle and observing each of the pictures one by one. 10 pictures corresponding to 10 games. All surrounding the beloved console that connected them all together.

He concentrated on the power of the node around him, focused his mind through the pictures, and reached out into the world, using Shawn's emotional connections to the games that he had loved so dearly. To find them and bring them back to their rightful owner.  

(OOC: Mind 2 Correspondence 2 Effect. Finding and using Shawn's emotional connections and memories to find and teleport the 10 games from wherever they were onto to the tops of their respective pictures in the circle.

Arete Roll: 3, 8, 2, 6 - 3, 6, 9, 5 - 8, 1, 6, 3 - 3, 7, 2, 4 - 6, 2, 4, 3

May have over rolled again but Serge is attempting to teleport 10 games all at once.)

(OOC2: Serge would find a fae kidnapping fun.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:58 pm

[Villa]

He glanced over at Hildegard and then gave her the phone back. "Thank you," he said again. Then he dug out the writing board and started on what he wanted to tell Colin, so he wouldn't have to wait for him to write it out.

Hildegard accepted her phone back and nodded.
"If you are awake now Mr Roth Hicks would you mind if I just check on the condition of my apple trees while we wait?"
The Chorister said and she nodded towards the many trees growing about the somewhat overgrown garden.

"Not a bad comparison. Don't think they taste as good though." Serge said with a smirk, observing the slimes alongside Shawn. "And they are fun little guys aren't they. Let's see if I can make the do tricks."

He concentrated and took control of the illusion once again. The slimes began to jump on top of one another, forming a totem pole that stretched precariously up towards the ceiling.

"I would not even be able to eat jello anymore Sir."
Shawn said regretfully. The boy could not help but chuckle a a ittle as he watched the slimes play and do tricks.
"They are so lifelike, they are the best illusions I have ever seen Sir."
He said as he watched with fascination.

"It's all right. It's all right. I'm not mad and no ones going to punish you." Serge said hastily. "Everyone around me seems to do that. My friend this morning had a freaky trance as well and he acted exactly like you. Just wanted to make sure you were all right."

Shawn still looked scared, but he calmed down when you assured him you would not hurt him and that you was not angry with him.
"O...ok Sir I...did not mean to do that, I go intro trances sometimes Sir, they do not harm me, though I guess they could if it happens just as I am about to run away from something but they have not harmed me thus far. Sometimes I just know things and I remember them and other times I just go into trances and I do not even know what I said when i get back to my senses."
The boy explained.
"I am so sorry it is just how I am sorry Sir."
He said still nervous.

"Getting a chance to do magick is it's own repayment." he said kneeling down towards the circle and observing each of the pictures one by one. 10 pictures corresponding to 10 games. All surrounding the beloved console that connected them all together.

He concentrated on the power of the node around him, focused his mind through the pictures, and reached out into the world, using Shawn's emotional connections to the games that he had loved so dearly. To find them and bring them back to their rightful owner.

You reached out, all the games was together in one place, in an shoe box, along with some other stuff, using Shawn'ss emotions as a ink you got the box from where it had been stored and into the circle to rest beside the PSP. The box was dusty so it was clear the games the ghouls had taken from their rightful owner had just been stowed in a box and forgotten about. Shawn gave the box a hopeful look but he dared not open it without leave.

(OOC: Yes that roll should do it.)
(OOC 2: Well it would be fun until the dark side of the fay came out to play. Changelings can be some of the scariest and creepiest critters in WoD. I would love to run a straight up horror Vhangeling game once. I think it would be fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:01 am

(OOC: Ok we are again at 30 pages so it is time for a new thread. This summary will be a bit short as I have allot to do today hopefully I will not miss to many important things.

Nicole and Colin finished up their talk. Nicole have also been looking into the missing Ratkin and their Kinfolk she asks Henrietta to help finding out what is going on.

The group prepare for the mission to go and save Shawn. During the car ride to Mattapan there is an argument between Nicole and Hildegard. The group of mages get to the apartment building, they get in ok and thanks to Serge they manage to get the ghoul guard to go to sleep and get in without a problem.

Inside the apartment they find Shawn, the boy have been badly tortured and is traumatized. Colin have had a throwback to being Heylel Teomin and remembers a ring that Akrites gave him and that he left with his son when he put the child at the door of a convent, he finds out that Shawn is a descendant of this child and he have the ring or rather had the ghoul guard have taken it, the ring is quickly taken back and it is proven to contain over 30 drams of Tass.

There is a hedge wizard in the apartment building where Shawn is kept, the group lean that the Giovanni plan to ask a Trremere to make her into a vampire to get her out of their hair. Colin talk with her and get her to go and visit her sister in Maine.

The group gets out of the apartment just in time as the Giovanni are coming, they have to fight some Hellhounds but get out without more than minor scratches and then go towards Steelhaven's villa since Jeffry would not allow Shawn to be taken to Steelhaven itself without staking the boy first before his blood have been examined to see if it pose any danger to mages. The gaggle of mages get to the villa, they get Shawn a bath which he really need and begin to win the boy's trust.

Adley do not do well with seeing the villa again so he stay in the car. He takes a nap and have a nice memory of Dylan. He also meet the villa's new Guardian spirit. Michael calls with grave news, the Enforcer at Riverside is in grave danger. The plan is for Nicole and Adley to go to Mattapan and examine the disappearances of the ratkin while the rest go back to Steelhaven. Henrietta have found a rat they are meeting but now they might have to take a pit stop at Riverside, at least Adley might.

Colin retrive Shawn's loved PSP and find the machine have an awakened spirit. Now Colin is talking with Adley about the situation with the Enforcer. Serge got Shawn's games for his PSP, teleporting them back to him. He have also been caring for and befriending the young vampire. Cita found that Shawn's blood is perfectly safe there is not enough curse left in his blood to harm an Avatar so now Jeffry have sent a car to get the group back to Steelhavven where Shawn will become a Custos. Rescue operation successful. Serge have also told Colin telepathically that he have been chosen to be Akrites's replacement in the new First Cabal.

Everyone get 2 exp for this thread. Due to Shawn's comments and the things he says everyone also get 1 free dot of Vampire Lore.

Good gaming all here is the link to the next thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t214-danger-in-the-shadows-angry-mages-and-a-rotten-branch-ic-thread-39#31864 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum