Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:06 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Yeah...hopefully she can do something."
Anna sigh, she hesitated for a moment then she took out the blue cat paw print notebook you had gotten her, the girl had noticed how Adley and the Chief always had a notebook to write in so she wanted one of her own, she scribbled something down tore out the page and handed it to you.
"I don't want to die. If I die either the Nephandi find my reincarnation and I will become a Nephandus again or the Traditions find me and...well...so here, so that you don't have to worry about loosing my trust if I ever get close to dying and there is no other choice...so you don't have to face the same choice that my friend's parents do. But only if there is no other choice to keep me alive okey, not for anything preventative or...if there is other options or anything only if it is getting treatment with needles or I die."
She muttered the note said.
"If I am about to die or something my dad can overrule my wishes and get me whatever treatment is necessary but if there is needles involved that is only if it is absolutely necessary to keep me alive. I do not want to die so I give my consent. Anna Wainwright."
Anna looked at you then she picked nervously at her socks again.
Colin smiled and folded the note up and put it in his wallet, "I'm glad you've got this much faith in me... It's good that I have your consent to this, should it ever be necessary."

S7trif3 wrote:"It would have been easier to kill them but perhaps it will yield something important though."
Anja wrote:"Let us hope it dos mea filius."
Jeffry agreed.
He nodded, "That's the thing, in the prior timeline, we never got any answers as to who sent him, why he targeted Anna - or even who specifically was his target. For all we knew, it could have been Miss Qen who was his primary target. This time, we might be able to get a few answers."

Anja wrote:Anna smiled a little at the food dye joke then looked at the Hermetics to see if they knew but none of them spoke up either.
"Perhaps I should ask Lady Crexia."
Your apprentice commented.
"Perhaps she know why it is blue."
S7trif3 wrote:"Speaking of him..." He shook his head and wrote out something for his pater and Colin, not for the least the content might be upsetting for Anna to hear. 'He was found by the Technocrat, dumped there by Nephandi, and he kept him in a storage area instead of turning him over to his people. But, he had many wounds as if he were drained of his lichdom potion. I hope they are not making something else.'
Anja wrote:This made your Mentor scowl. Looking at Anna and deciding the conversation should be done in writing he flipped up his notebook and wrote out in neat script.
"What could they possibly want with lichdom potion that is not their own? Other than Tass. It will not work for others than the mage it is made by."
He then showed what he had written to Colin and Adley.
His eyes darkened a bit as he wrote in an equally neat script under Morgan's question, 'It is the base for the bloody serum.'
He then handed the notebook back with a frown.

S7trif3 wrote:"He expressed some...discomfort with the direction that his group is currently taking. I do not know if it would be a good idea though, she is just a child. And it may be upsetting to her and also him, who has had rather a lot to deal with as is. Perhaps we should talk about this later though." Slowly, he was starting to sound more like himself and less like he had woken up on the wrong side of every bed in existence.
Anja wrote:"You have spent more time with the boy then the rest of us mea filius, do you think he would not handle seeing his ehm...sister and it would be better if the two did not meet? As for her I think we can leave that up to her Mentor to decide if seeing a man bound is acceptable for the child."
Your Mentor replied, as you spoke one of Colin's cherry tomatoes jumped out of his basket and rolled across the floor on it's own.
"Attack of the Killer Tomatoes."
Helga commented with a rare smile.
He arched an eyebrow at the escaping tomato, "I hope not, Madame Gottschalk; if so, I shall have to write a letter most cross to the grocer."
He turned back to Morgan and Adley, "I'll only discuss the possibility with Master Haagen; we're not bringing Cava down tonight, that'd be... ungainly."
He frowned, "Bugger, have we made sure Cecilia is not going anywhere near Mr. Griffith? If she sees him..."

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:The potion tasted exactly as Jeffry had described, like chalk dissolved into a liquid that was horribly bitter, it was not exactly a nice taste the juice and the sour candies helped to make your mouth feel less chalky and eventually the taste started going away.
"Are you sure you should bring Anna into a combat situation Colin? Yes she is capable but she is also a twelve year old girl with a weak heart."
Richard said with a frown.
"I take it there is something she need to do only she can...wait...what Yu Die...oh no no she is not going anywhere near a Labyrinth not if I have to lock her in my room, she is just a kid, there is no way I let her go into combat and definitively not into a Labyrinth not until she is adult and preferably not even then."
He nodded with an ever so slight grimace, "She needs to see the place, to draw the maps we'll be using; another time loop. God, that potion was foul... And no, I believe I said we're not going to bring your sister with us. Which is rather why I warned you now, so you can sit on her if necessary. She is the sword to Anna's shield, though, so the day they do go into battle together will be glorious... but it is not this day. Well, night."

Anja wrote:"We can always hope."
Richard said with a sigh.
"I can not imagine she will be up here for long, I am just taking care of the swelling in her hand before healing it, doing a few mundane bits of first aid can make magickal healing easier later, then she should be fine to return to her group, and good luck with the prisoner."
He replied.
"Well I should attend to my patients and make sure the infirmary is ready in case we get wounded tonight."
He frowned and nodded, "Well, then, I should ask her now, then... If you'll permit?"

((OOC: Now, which particular opinion is it I should be careful expressing, Nick? Keep in mind, I'm not decrying academia as a whole, just the excessive lauding of academia - any academic study - as the One True Build, at the expense of the trades and the students' future ability to pay of student loans. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:08 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"I believe it was Miss Williams who mentioned your ward on her way up to the chapel to get some rest she said."
Your Mentor said.
"Hum...interesting way to work, that suit you well."
She added approvingly.
"I am proud of you kid. Now as for the ward we will need for tomorrow you where thinking more in general that we need a mind and spirit shield about us? Yes we can do that I think."
Anja wrote:"I am thinking we work out how to do the working today but then cast the spell tomorrow."
Ryan said and Ange nodded.
"Yes that is probably wise so it is as fresh as possible."
Ange replied.

"If I'm making a mind shield, I'm probably gonna draw something. As per usual." Serge said, producing a pen from his pocket and spinning it in between his fingers. "Either on the people I'm protecting or a sort of central grand illustration to represent the mission as a whole. With everyone participating as characters within the illustration."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:19 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Well, the question is one which many millions of humans had died fighting about.' Nicole replied, tone making it clear she viewed it as a complete waste of life.

Anja's Post:

'Surely not all of them think that.'

Anja's Post:

'Might do, might not do. Might be a different similar. That's what science is; that you constantly test your ideas against reality and change the idea when you learn more things. A logical person is perfectly happy to admit that they don't know everything, that they don't have an answer for everything.'

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'Just don't get into a firefight. SOP says to never get into close quarters with any shapeshifter. Therefore, you do it.'

Anja's Post:

'Okay... what's so special about spider kinfolk?' Nicole replied, looking rather concerned.

[Well, Nick does have the issues that magick excepting, her "worklife" will be shorter due to physical issues. Many mechanics/electricians/etc are pensioned off in their 50s, while academia often has professors lecturing into their 70s (which is part of Adley's problem - tenured academics don't have a set retirement age, so they can simply go on and on like politicians of the Eastern Bloc). She'll also have higher 'professional costs'. As for it 'being useless', it's the simple culture-clash. She quite literally sees the middle-class idea of 'study what you love' as utterly insane. As she said to Serge in the 'Intermission'.]

[Speaking of which, what does Serge actually *do*? As in, a job or studying.]

[Just realised; it's possible Nick can take over some of Tane's duties as "Fera liaison officer". That is unless Great One fully converts him into an NPC.]

[You're 'decrying sections of human study'. Yes, that's a direct quote. Those progressive bigots don't wish to sully their elevated minds with something as tawdry as facts. Or even common sense. Similar to what happened with Great One and Brucato, save the fact I'm more stubborn and sarky-bitchy.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:34 am

[Chapel]

"Yeah I got him in the guts but it was sloppy, I should have hung back and focused on what I am good at, countermagick allowing those with more offensive potential to take him down while I restricted his magick Sir."
Anna evaluated her performance matter of factly.

"While not making yourself an easy target," he said with a nod. "I used a new kind of countering so he wouldn't teleport out as easily. I think it slowed him some."

"I am sorry you got Dox Sir, it sucks, I grew a tentacle out of my butt once from Dox they had to cut it off."

He looked at her with raised brows. "I count myself lucky..."

"That's the thing, in the prior timeline, we never got any answers as to who sent him, why he targeted Anna - or even who specifically was his target. For all we knew, it could have been Miss Qen who was his primary target. This time, we might be able to get a few answers."

"Hmm..." He frowned.

"What could they possibly want with lichdom potion that is not their own? Other than Tass. It will not work for others than the mage it is made by."
He then showed what he had written to Colin and Adley.
His eyes darkened a bit as he wrote in an equally neat script under Morgan's question, 'It is the base for the bloody serum.'
He frowned then replied, 'So, are they trying something else? Or making more serum?'

"Yes it is, if you are feeling up to it mea filius."
The Chief replied.

"Very well, what should I bring? I have the potion..."

"You have spent more time with the boy then the rest of us mea filius, do you think he would not handle seeing his ehm...sister and it would be better if the two did not meet? As for her I think we can leave that up to her Mentor to decide if seeing a man bound is acceptable for the child."

"I'm not sure, I didn't tell him everything I could have, he was very upset and I wanted to try to calm him down a little and distract him." He eyed the runaway tomato with a scowl.

"I hope not, Madame Gottschalk; if so, I shall have to write a letter most cross to the grocer."
He turned back to Morgan and Adley, "I'll only discuss the possibility with Master Haagen; we're not bringing Cava down tonight, that'd be... ungainly."
He frowned, "Bugger, have we made sure Cecilia is not going anywhere near Mr. Griffith? If she sees him..."

"We should probably tell others that room is off limits for now," he suggested to his pater.

Yes I believe Miss White where driving to the airport to pick her up."
Helena replied she took the tablet and read it.
"Off course brother whatever you need let us discuss it inside."

He nodded. "If you give the word, then...?"

as you got to your apartment door you saw Yu Die Qen there waiting for you, she curtsy to you and your sister and said.
"Mr Roth Hicks do you have just a moment?"

"Certainly, is it private?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:50 am

[Chapel]

While not making yourself an easy target," he said with a nod. "I used a new kind of countering so he wouldn't teleport out as easily. I think it slowed him some."

"Ohh cool, what sort of countering is that Sir?"
Anna asked suddenly very interested.

He looked at her with raised brows. "I count myself lucky..."

"Yeah it was not fun, they had to cut it of."
The young Orphan replied.
"But don't worry tentacles is sort of a Nephandi thing I think."

He frowned then replied, 'So, are they trying something else? Or making more serum?'

"Both would be bad."
Jeffry wrote in his notebook and showed you.

"Very well, what should I bring? I have the potion..."

"Weapons, Tass, take the potion to protect you against the gas, take the gear you would use for a combat mission."
The war mage replied.

"I'm not sure, I didn't tell him everything I could have, he was very upset and I wanted to try to calm him down a little and distract him." He eyed the runaway tomato with a scowl.

The tomato still rolled around on the floor happily. Your Mentor nodded at that.
"What state of mind was he in when you left him?"
He asked.

"We should probably tell others that room is off limits for now," he suggested to his pater.

"That is a good idea mea filius I will post a notice in the common room about it."
Your Mentor agreed.

[quote][He nodded. "If you give the word, then...?" /quote]

"Give my word? That I will not bring what you say to anyone else? Off course brother I promise."
Helena said.

Colin smiled and folded the note up and put it in his wallet, "I'm glad you've got this much faith in me... It's good that I have your consent to this, should it ever be necessary."

Anna looked at you an nodded.
"I trust that you would only do so if there where no other choice."
She said.
"And I do really trust you dad."
She added with a small smile.

He nodded, "That's the thing, in the prior timeline, we never got any answers as to who sent him, why he targeted Anna - or even who specifically was his target. For all we knew, it could have been Miss Qen who was his primary target. This time, we might be able to get a few answers."

"Indeed, hopefully we can get something out of him."
Jeffry said. Anna looked at you and she looked rather concerned.
"You think he was after Yu Die dad?"

The old war mage frowned when he read your reply.
"You could make allot of serum from the fluid from a whole lich."

He arched an eyebrow at the escaping tomato, "I hope not, Madame Gottschalk; if so, I shall have to write a letter most cross to the grocer."

Helga glanced at you.
"There is this trashy but fun old horror movie about killer tomatoes it just reminded me of that."

"Very well discuss it with Master Haagen."
Jeffry agreed.
"Hum...no we have not someone is going to have to warn Miss Day about that so she can make sure her apprentice stay out of the basement, it would stress the young woman much if she where to see our guest."

[Infirmary]

He nodded with an ever so slight grimace, "She needs to see the place, to draw the maps we'll be using; another time loop. God, that potion was foul... And no, I believe I said we're not going to bring your sister with us. Which is rather why I warned you now, so you can sit on her if necessary. She is the sword to Anna's shield, though, so the day they do go into battle together will be glorious... but it is not this day. Well, night."

"My sister is a member of the Akashic Brotherhood Colin one day she will be a warrior for justice. But she is thirteen years old right now, she is a child and even in this bloody war I do not want to send a child out to war."
Richard said and he frowned clearly not approving of taking Anna or any child to the Labyrinth.

He frowned and nodded, "Well, then, I should ask her now, then... If you'll permit?"

"Certinly, you can ask her."
Your Cabalmate said with a nod.

[Common Room]

"If I'm making a mind shield, I'm probably gonna draw something. As per usual." Serge said, producing a pen from his pocket and spinning it in between his fingers. "Either on the people I'm protecting or a sort of central grand illustration to represent the mission as a whole. With everyone participating as characters within the illustration."

"What if you draw your picture to my music?"
Ryan said and your Mentor nodded.
"And I can go into a trance looking at it that way we can all participate with our own foci into the working."

[Boston]

'Well, the question is one which many millions of humans had died fighting about.' Nicole replied, tone making it clear she viewed it as a complete waste of life.

"Humans are strange."
Strawberry declared.

Surely not all of them think that.'

"Some like Charlie who was born to humans do not think like that but they are pretty rare, most Ratkin hate humans."
The little shapechanger said with a sigh.

Might do, might not do. Might be a different similar. That's what science is; that you constantly test your ideas against reality and change the idea when you learn more things. A logical person is perfectly happy to admit that they don't know everything, that they don't have an answer for everything.'

"Sounds like magick."
Strawberry said happily.

[Roxbury]

'Just don't get into a firefight. SOP says to never get into close quarters with any shapeshifter. Therefore, you do it.'

"I prefer to strike from the shadows and not be seen."
Gerda said simply.
"I am still a rat."

'Okay... what's so special about spider kinfolk?' Nicole replied, looking rather concerned.

"I don't know they are related to the spiders and the spiders are not happy they are gone."
Coawa said with a shrug.
"I guess the spiders like to spawn with them, I understand that spawning is good."

[Adley's Room]

"Certainly, is it private?"

"No not at all Sir."
Yu Die replied.
"I just wanted to tank you for saving me and Anna and I wanted to give you this."
She said and she handed you a wooded stylus for your tablet set in a rubber, ergonomically correct handle.
"I notice you use your wax tablet all the time and I thought this might make your hands ache less. I used a wooded clay sculpting tool I smoothed it on the sanding machine in the basement and glued it into a crochet hook handle Sir."
The young Akashic explained and she gave you a big smile.
"The glue might need a little bit of time to get completely hard through."

(OOC: Sure Nicole can take over Tane's role as contact for shapehcnagers that work.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:17 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'And what did they do to get that hate, exactly?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a look as though she was about to respond, but then simply shook her head, clearly giving up.

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'You know you best. Simply pointing out that nobody wants to be at the business end of either claws or large teeth. And it might be a bonus to be seen if we're all hitting the target in different directions... throwing the enemy off-balance and overwhelming their bosses' brain.'

'But the choice will be the Chief's. Well, in your case more a suggestion.'

Anja's Post:

'I... see. And you want to come in on the attack?' giving the Rokea a slightly suspicious look.

[It's not really a job Nicole *wants* and so wouldn't 'spend much time on it' (aka spend XP) but it at least provides a work-around solution if you decide to fade-out the former PC rather than turn them into an NPC.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:57 am

[Boston]

And what did they do to get that hate, exactly?'

"Because we are meant to kill of a big part of humanity if it get to numerous I guess or it could be because humans go eek and scream and shout when they see rats, it gets very annoying."
Strawberry said with a shrug.

[Roxbury]

'You know you best. Simply pointing out that nobody wants to be at the business end of either claws or large teeth. And it might be a bonus to be seen if we're all hitting the target in different directions... throwing the enemy off-balance and overwhelming their bosses' brain.'

'But the choice will be the Chief's. Well, in your case more a suggestion.'

Gerda nodded at that.
"Our teeth and claws is not as impressive as with the wolves."
She commented.
"But they can do enough damage. I will hear what this Chief have to say then."

'I... see. And you want to come in on the attack?' giving the Rokea a slightly suspicious look.

"I like to kill things that are wyrm infested and my friend will be happy if her kinfolk are returned so yes."
Coawa said with a nod.

(OOC: It is up to you I am not going to make Tane vanish but he is doing his own things as well so it might be useful to have a PC contact for the city's shapechangers.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:06 pm

[Chapel]
S7trif3 wrote:"While not making yourself an easy target," he said with a nod. "I used a new kind of countering so he wouldn't teleport out as easily. I think it slowed him some."
Anja wrote:"Ohh cool, what sort of countering is that Sir?"
Anna asked suddenly very interested.
Colin arched an eyebrow at Adley, looking mildly amused and intrigued.

Anja wrote:"Indeed, hopefully we can get something out of him."
Jeffry said. Anna looked at you and she looked rather concerned.
"You think he was after Yu Die dad?"
He shrugged, "I don't know... She could have been targeted for attempted capture after Dahl failed, or you could have been the primary target. Or even Mr. Yager could have been the target, and the man wanted the bodyguards out of the way first."

Anja wrote:The old war mage frowned when he read your reply.
"You could make allot of serum from the fluid from a whole lich."
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned then replied, 'So, are they trying something else? Or making more serum?'
Anja wrote:"Both would be bad."
Jeffry wrote in his notebook and showed you.
He frowned, "My money would be on more serum... assuming it is more or less directly connected to our situation. Jace would not be choosing this time to top up his supplies for experimental or development work, he'd have plenty in stock for that already. No, this sounds more like, hm, routine production, to use so crass a term."

Anja wrote:Helga glanced at you.
"There is this trashy but fun old horror movie about killer tomatoes it just reminded me of that."
He grinned, "I know, I've seen all four of them... If my cherry tomatoes for the sandwiches turned out to be killer tomatoes, I would be quite displeased with my grocer."

S7trif3 wrote:"I'm not sure, I didn't tell him everything I could have, he was very upset and I wanted to try to calm him down a little and distract him." He eyed the runaway tomato with a scowl.
Anja wrote:The tomato still rolled around on the floor happily. Your Mentor nodded at that.
He asked.
He frowned, glancing at Adley again.

Anja wrote:"Very well discuss it with Master Haagen."
Jeffry agreed.
"Hum...no we have not someone is going to have to warn Miss Day about that so she can make sure her apprentice stay out of the basement, it would stress the young woman much if she where to see our guest."
S7trif3 wrote:"We should probably tell others that room is off limits for now," he suggested to his pater.
Anja wrote:"That is a good idea mea filius I will post a notice in the common room about it."
Your Mentor agreed.
He nodded, "Ah, which room did you leave him in, again?"

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"My sister is a member of the Akashic Brotherhood Colin one day she will be a warrior for justice. But she is thirteen years old right now, she is a child and even in this bloody war I do not want to send a child out to war."
Richard said and he frowned clearly not approving of taking Anna or any child to the Labyrinth.
He nodded, "As I said, you'll have to sit on her if that proves necessary."

Anja wrote:"Certinly, you can ask her."
Your Cabalmate said with a nod.
He nodded and turned on his heel, stepping over to the woman, "Hello, Ma'am, my name is Colin Wainwright, adoptive father of the seeming intended victim of your husband's imposter... I'll be questioning the man in a bit, but first, if it's alright, I'd like to ask you a few questions about your husband, if you'd permit?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm

[Chapel]

Anna looked like she was just about to jump into a new series of questions for Adley, perhaps more than the pained Hermetic could handle at the moment, she did get really eager at times when something was of interest to her.

He shrugged, "I don't know... She could have been targeted for attempted capture after Dahl failed, or you could have been the primary target. Or even Mr. Yager could have been the target, and the man wanted the bodyguards out of the way first."

"Well the Nephandi can not have Mr Yager, he would make a really bad Nephandus and they sure as hell can not have Yu Die...I will make sure of it, and we where good body guards we kept him all safe dad."
Anna said now suddenly more nervous as she was more worried about her friends being hurt than herself.

He frowned, "My money would be on more serum... assuming it is more or less directly connected to our situation. Jace would not be choosing this time to top up his supplies for experimental or development work, he'd have plenty in stock for that already. No, this sounds more like, hm, routine production, to use so crass a term."

"We need to be on the guard for there might be plenty of the stuff in our enemies hands."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"And make sure everyone bring mundane weapons as well, just in case."
He added under his first note then showed Adley and Colin.

He grinned, "I know, I've seen all four of them... If my cherry tomatoes for the sandwiches turned out to be killer tomatoes, I would be quite displeased with my grocer."

"I did not know it was more than two. I watched them a few years back I found them funny."
Helga commented though she looked just as angry as she usually did.

He nodded, "Ah, which room did you leave him in, again?"

"The hobby room in the basement."
Jeffry replied.
"Since the pawn is in our actual cell the hobby room is the most comfortable room we have in the basement other than Shawn's room. He is just a kid I would prefer if he was as comfortable as possible while he is our guest."

[Infirmary]

He nodded, "As I said, you'll have to sit on her if that proves necessary."

"Oh I plan to."
Richard assured you.

He nodded and turned on his heel, stepping over to the woman, "Hello, Ma'am, my name is Colin Wainwright, adoptive father of the seeming intended victim of your husband's imposter... I'll be questioning the man in a bit, but first, if it's alright, I'd like to ask you a few questions about your husband, if you'd permit?"

The woman turned around to face you, she was quite pretty though she had a hard look in her eyes and the small scars you saw here and there witnessed that she had seen plenty of action through the years. Her hair was a mass of red curls and she was wearing a long flowing dress, her eyes was red from tears she was trying to hold back though and she looked worried.
"Ehm...I hope your kid is okey Mr Wainwright."
The woman said and she sigh.
"I am Millicent Roseplume bani Verbena, what did you wish to know about my husband Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:15 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'And who's there to kill the rats if they get too numerous?' Nicole retorted. 'And folk shout at 'em when we see 'em in places that they shouldn't be. Once found a nest under a car hood, nestled beside an air-vent.'

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... okay.' Nicole replied, a little unsure whether this was a good thing or not. 'Strawberry, can you shuffle to the back seat? He'll need to sit up front.'

[So, you'll put Tane on a bus, then? Well, it's either that, convert to NPC or remove... Though it's somewhat likely Nick will run into Bone Gnawers soon enough.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:19 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"What if you draw your picture to my music?"
Ryan said and your Mentor nodded.
"And I can go into a trance looking at it that way we can all participate with our own foci into the working."

"That works for me. Everyone stands in a circle and we all fall into a simultaneous trance to Ryan's music." Serge agreed with a nod. "I'll go around to each person and draw a symbol on the back of their neck, setting up the ward to protect their minds."

(OOC: Right now Serge is just doing commissions online, drawing whatever people request of him. That's currently how he's making most of his money. He's also just drawing random pieces of fanart or comics for fun and posting it online to see popular it gets, slowly building up a following. In the future he's might do some freelance work for actual companies or even start his own web comic series.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:30 pm

[Common Room]

"That works for me. Everyone stands in a circle and we all fall into a simultaneous trance to Ryan's music." Serge agreed with a nod. "I'll go around to each person and draw a symbol on the back of their neck, setting up the ward to protect their minds."

"That is a possibility but the thing is Ange do not use music for her trances she uses meditation, symbolism and drugs. I mostly use music, my own and listening to the music of others...I was more thinking I make a piece of music for my part of the spell, you then do your drawings on paper we can carry with us to that music to connect you to it and then Ange can do her part using the symbolism in the drawings as a focus for her part of it."
Your uncle replied.
"That way we can all work with our preferred foci."

[Boston]

'And who's there to kill the rats if they get too numerous?' Nicole retorted.

"The wercats, wersnakes and werravens, they all eat rats."
Strawberry replied.

'And folk shout at 'em when we see 'em in places that they shouldn't be. Once found a nest under a car hood, nestled beside an air-vent.'

The little werrat nodded.
"Charlie said that inside of cars are bad places to hide as you could end up being cooked when it turn on, and one do not want to be cooked."
She replied sagely.

[Roxbury]

'Erm... okay.' Nicole replied, a little unsure whether this was a good thing or not. 'Strawberry, can you shuffle to the back seat? He'll need to sit up front.'

"Ok."
Strawberry said and she turned back into a rat and ran to the back seat. Coava climbed into the car, it sort of bounced with his weight as he settled down and Strawberry jumped into his lap and curled up there she was clearly perfectly comfortable with the giant man.
"Nice car...Tane said for me to say that to you as it would make you happy, I do not really know anything about cars."
The Rokea tried to compliment you.

(OOC: I have not considered what to do with Tane yet really I wanted to give his player the maximum amount of time possible to see if his life situation changed and he wanted to come back, he got involved with the newly formed Disperates just before the player left so I assume he is still working on that along with trying to find a way to save Miss Clearwater. Probably I will make him an NPC is Mariano do not return to the game. Yes it is likely that Nick will run into Bone Gnawers sooner or later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:01 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:Anna looked like she was just about to jump into a new series of questions for Adley, perhaps more than the pained Hermetic could handle at the moment, she did get really eager at times when something was of interest to her.
Colin grinned and laid a hand gently on Anna's shoulder, "Easy now, let the poor man swallow."

Anja wrote:"Well the Nephandi can not have Mr Yager, he would make a really bad Nephandus and they sure as hell can not have Yu Die...I will make sure of it, and we where good body guards we kept him all safe dad."
Anna said now suddenly more nervous as she was more worried about her friends being hurt than herself.
He nodded, "And that's how it's going to be."

Anja wrote:"We need to be on the guard for there might be plenty of the stuff in our enemies hands."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"And make sure everyone bring mundane weapons as well, just in case."
He added under his first note then showed Adley and Colin.
He sighed, "The serum is unpleasant at the best of times... but keeping a clear head might help fight off the nausea quicker and allow us to keep fighting by mundane means, even if they manage to nail us with the disgusting stuff. Hum, might be a good time to break out any magical weapons that don't require the wielder to channel Quintessence to operate; things that can be triggered by anyone who knows the command word or whatever trigger might be involved? If we have any, of course."

Anja wrote:"I did not know it was more than two. I watched them a few years back I found them funny."
Helga commented though she looked just as angry as she usually did.
He nodded, "They made the sequels pretty much back-to-back, though I do believe the third and fourth movie went straight to video, rather than having theatrical releases. 'Killer Tomatoes Eat France' was... a little strange, though."

Anja wrote:"The hobby room in the basement."
Jeffry replied.
"Since the pawn is in our actual cell the hobby room is the most comfortable room we have in the basement other than Shawn's room. He is just a kid I would prefer if he was as comfortable as possible while he is our guest."
He nodded, "That should be adequately out of the way. I'll have a word with him after I've spoken with Master Haagen and questioned the would-be assassin, then."

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:he woman turned around to face you, she was quite pretty though she had a hard look in her eyes and the small scars you saw here and there witnessed that she had seen plenty of action through the years. Her hair was a mass of red curls and she was wearing a long flowing dress, her eyes was red from tears she was trying to hold back though and she looked worried.
"Ehm...I hope your kid is okey Mr Wainwright."
The woman said and she sigh.
"I am Millicent Roseplume bani Verbena, what did you wish to know about my husband Mr Wainwright?"
He nodded, "She was well protected, though she had a bit of a scare. I would like to know if you can make an educated guess as to when the switch was made? Presumably, you know your husband quite well, so if there's any odd behaviours that might cross your mind that might indicate when the assassin assumed the role? And of course, his name could be useful, too..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:27 pm

[Chapel]

Colin grinned and laid a hand gently on Anna's shoulder, "Easy now, let the poor man swallow."

"But he is talking about a new way to do countermagick...I have to know about it."
Anna replied eagerly.

He nodded, "And that's how it's going to be."

"Yeah the Nephandi can not have them."
The young Orphan declared.

He sighed, "The serum is unpleasant at the best of times... but keeping a clear head might help fight off the nausea quicker and allow us to keep fighting by mundane means, even if they manage to nail us with the disgusting stuff. Hum, might be a good time to break out any magical weapons that don't require the wielder to channel Quintessence to operate; things that can be triggered by anyone who knows the command word or whatever trigger might be involved? If we have any, of course."

"We do not have allot of that...we can enchant some weapons temporarily before we leave though and they should stay that way even after the caster are no longer using their magick...I fear though that many would be in quite a bit of a shock if their ability to willwork suddenly was bound and that might slow them down more than the nausea. if they where hit by the Serum."
Jeffry wrote before he showed you and Adley the note.

He nodded, "They made the sequels pretty much back-to-back, though I do believe the third and fourth movie went straight to video, rather than having theatrical releases. 'Killer Tomatoes Eat France' was... a little strange, though."

"Well now...that is quite the title."
Helga said sounding a bit amused.
"I guess I have to try to hunt down the two movies I have not seen in the series."

He nodded, "That should be adequately out of the way. I'll have a word with him after I've spoken with Master Haagen and questioned the would-be assassin, then."

"Very well that sounds like a plan Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied.

[Infirmary]

He nodded, "She was well protected, though she had a bit of a scare.

"I am relieved to know she was not injured."
The Verbena woman said with a nod.

I would like to know if you can make an educated guess as to when the switch was made? Presumably, you know your husband quite well, so if there's any odd behaviours that might cross your mind that might indicate when the assassin assumed the role? And of course, his name could be useful, too..."

"It must have been last night. My husband went out into the nearby woods to our Chantry along with two members of our Coven, by the time he returned we had gotten Steelhaven's request for help, and I have not had time to say more than a few words to him since then as I came home from work shortly before we left for here. I am a nurse in my day job and I worked last night, then slept for some hours then we left, I noticed that Karloff was acting a bit strange, forgetting small things like the name of my apprentice's pet cat, but I just assumed he was tired."
Millicent said.
"Now it turns out he was not my husband at all. His name off course Karloff Schwarz. I never took his last name, it is not common among the Verbena. We usually promise to stay together as long as love lasts and not necessarily for life so such changes in name seams wrong."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:36 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"That is a possibility but the thing is Ange do not use music for her trances she uses meditation, symbolism and drugs. I mostly use music, my own and listening to the music of others...I was more thinking I make a piece of music for my part of the spell, you then do your drawings on paper we can carry with us to that music to connect you to it and then Ange can do her part using the symbolism in the drawings as a focus for her part of it."
Your uncle replied.
"That way we can all work with our preferred foci."

"Oh yeah....that does work much better." Serge agreed with a nod. "I'm cool with that. Anything else we need to think about for the working? A practice run or something? Or should we move on to the next bit of planning?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 pm

[Common Room]

"Oh yeah....that does work much better." Serge agreed with a nod.

Ryan just nodded at that.

"I'm cool with that. Anything else we need to think about for the working? A practice run or something? Or should we move on to the next bit of planning?"

"Well for the next bit of planning I think I will have to contact our Mentor to ask her what she can do about the situation."
Ange said and her brother frowned when Master Babu was mentioned. About that time you got a text message from Master Telar which said.
"I am back at Steelhaven, so when you have time to discuss the favor I need Mr Y let me know."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:47 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"But he is talking about a new way to do countermagick...I have to know about it."
Anna replied eagerly.
Colin chuckled, "Of course, but let the man breathe."

Anja wrote:"We do not have allot of that...we can enchant some weapons temporarily before we leave though and they should stay that way even after the caster are no longer using their magick...I fear though that many would be in quite a bit of a shock if their ability to willwork suddenly was bound and that might slow them down more than the nausea. if they where hit by the Serum."
Jeffry wrote before he showed you and Adley the note.
He nodded, "It... can be managed, if you're prepared for it. That's not the same as it being easy... Might want to consider giving fair warning so everyone can mentally prepare for the possibility."

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"I am relieved to know she was not injured."
The Verbena woman said with a nod.
He nodded, "It looks like she may have been the primary target, though we don't know that yet... This time, though, we caught the would-be assassin alive; we were not so lucky in a prior timeline."

Anja wrote:"It must have been last night. My husband went out into the nearby woods to our Chantry along with two members of our Coven, by the time he returned we had gotten Steelhaven's request for help, and I have not had time to say more than a few words to him since then as I came home from work shortly before we left for here. I am a nurse in my day job and I worked last night, then slept for some hours then we left, I noticed that Karloff was acting a bit strange, forgetting small things like the name of my apprentice's pet cat, but I just assumed he was tired."
Millicent said.
"Now it turns out he was not my husband at all. His name off course Karloff Schwarz. I never took his last name, it is not common among the Verbena. We usually promise to stay together as long as love lasts and not necessarily for life so such changes in name seams wrong."
He frowned, "So, there's a decent chance your husband is still alive, I'd wager... Unfortunately, there's an equally high likelihood he's being... meticulously compelled to join the Fallen; hopefully, we can get him back before that. Do you know who accompanied Karloff, though? We've... got reason to believe the Fallen have managed to infiltrate the Verbena of Boston at a high level. No name, though, but it would explain a few conundrums..."
He shook his head and extended his hand, mirroring her good hand, "Thank you, that at least helps establish something of a timeline. I'm sure we'll do everything in our power to bring your husband home unscathed."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:22 pm

[Chapel]

"Ohh cool, what sort of countering is that Sir?" Anna asked suddenly very interested.
"But he is talking about a new way to do countermagick...I have to know about it."
Anna replied eagerly.

"Hm, at this point, I don't think I could teach it to you...but perhaps someday. Your father knows a variation on it, of his own." He did not yet have the energy or patience to work up a good explanation. "I appreciate your enthusiasm, though."

"Yeah it was not fun, they had to cut it of."
The young Orphan replied.
"But don't worry tentacles is sort of a Nephandi thing I think."

He grimaced. He really didn't want to think about tentacles, not in the morning, not while he felt this way, not at all, preferably. Especially not ones that reached out to touch him. He repressed a whole body shudder.

He frowned and wrote: 'The serum makes it more likely to become a ghost, correct? What if he is trying to top off his army, with recruits?'

"We do not have allot of that...we can enchant some weapons temporarily before we leave though and they should stay that way even after the caster are no longer using their magick...I fear though that many would be in quite a bit of a shock if their ability to willwork suddenly was bound and that might slow them down more than the nausea. if they where hit by the Serum."

'I think that the Enforcer was hit with a dart with that stuff. We still need to help them.'

"Weapons, Tass, take the potion to protect you against the gas, take the gear you would use for a combat mission."
The war mage replied

He nodded.

He asked.

He shrugged. "He seemed okay, watching a show."

"Give my word? That I will not bring what you say to anyone else? Off course brother I promise."
Helena said.

"Well, that's not quite what I meant..." He was requesting an affirmation of her codeword, having inscribed the request at the top.

[Adley's Room]

"No not at all Sir."
Yu Die replied.
"I just wanted to tank you for saving me and Anna and I wanted to give you this."
She said and she handed you a wooded stylus for your tablet set in a rubber, ergonomically correct handle.
"I notice you use your wax tablet all the time and I thought this might make your hands ache less. I used a wooded clay sculpting tool I smoothed it on the sanding machine in the basement and glued it into a crochet hook handle Sir."
The young Akashic explained and she gave you a big smile.
"The glue might need a little bit of time to get completely hard through."

"Ah, you made this already? Well, thank you..." he said, taking it curiously. "Hm, this should work. Do us a favor though, as we're still unsure what's going on and do try to keep with someone...just in case, for now."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:58 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Really? Is there a type of animal out there which doesn't have some shapeshifters?' a combination of surprised and worried.

Anja's Post:

'Well, the car had spent a couple of months on cinderblocks. Utterly chewed through the electrics, they did...'

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'Lever under the seat.' Nicole commented on seeing Coava try to get comfortable in the seat. 'And thanks... though it looks like a total POS. Which is exactly how I want it.' checking the time to see if the deadline had passed yet.

[Well, it's a decent amount of time before you'll have to make a final call on Tane. Personally, I'd be more tempted to shove the PC on a bus than turn them into an NPC on the off-chance the player comes back and you've changed the character and/or gotten them involved in new shenanigans they may not like.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:20 pm

[Chapel]

"Well I guess he have to breathe if he is going to tell me his new method."
Anna reluctantly agreed.

He nodded, "It... can be managed, if you're prepared for it. That's not the same as it being easy... Might want to consider giving fair warning so everyone can mentally prepare for the possibility."

"I plan to, what about your apprentice? Is it wise to bring her along if using that Serum is a possible tactic our enemies will have against us in the Labyrinth Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry wrote out then showed you and Adley the note.

"Hm, at this point, I don't think I could teach it to you...but perhaps someday.

"But why not Mr Roth Hicks? I am pretty good at what the Traditions call Prime I am sure I could learn."
Anna said with a pout she was very good at pouting.

Your father knows a variation on it, of his own." He did not yet have the energy or patience to work up a good explanation. "I appreciate your enthusiasm, though."

"He do...really?"
Anna asked and she looked up at Colin.
"What variation is that dad?"
She asked then she smiled to Adley.
"Learning magick is fun Sir."

He grimaced. He really didn't want to think about tentacles, not in the morning, not while he felt this way, not at all, preferably. Especially not ones that reached out to touch him. He repressed a whole body shudder.

"Yeah exactly."
The young Orphan said thinking the shudder was a gesture of sympathy for her prior troubles.

He frowned and wrote: 'The serum makes it more likely to become a ghost, correct? What if he is trying to top off his army, with recruits?'

"From What Mr Wainwright have said yes it seams that heavy use of the Serum drastically increase the chance that the person it is used on become a ghost after death, so yes that is a disturbing possibility."
Jeffry wrote and he showed you and Colin the reply.

'I think that the Enforcer was hit with a dart with that stuff. We still need to help them.'

"Yes we do, allot have been happening though but I am still trying to get on top for their situation."
Your Mentor wrote out as a reply in his notebook.

He shrugged. "He seemed okay, watching a show."

Your Mentor nodded at that.
"Good then if Master Haagen agree he should be fine meeting his sister."

"Well, that's not quite what I meant..." He was requesting an affirmation of her codeword, having inscribed the request at the top.

[Adley's Room]

Helena still looked confused for a moment then she seamed to get what you where asking as she wrote her code word on your tablet after asking for it and then scraping it out again once you had read it.

"Ah, you made this already? Well, thank you..." he said, taking it curiously. "Hm, this should work. Do us a favor though, as we're still unsure what's going on and do try to keep with someone...just in case, for now."

"Yes Sir it was pretty quick to do as the crochet hook had come loose so it only needed a little twisting to get loose from the handle and then I had a piece of wood of about the right shape so I only needed a little bit of sanding to smooth it out and then I only needed to glue it into the handle and apply some oil to the wood to preserve it and make it look shiny."
Yu Die explained.
"Mr ehm...Rush I think he is named was in the workshop while I was there and I asked Mr Darehill if I could go out there."
The young Akashic explained to make it clear she had not meant to do anything wrong.

[Infirmary]

He nodded, "It looks like she may have been the primary target, though we don't know that yet... This time, though, we caught the would-be assassin alive; we were not so lucky in a prior timeline."

"Do that mean we can get some information from this would be assassin? Also about what have become of Karloff?"
The Verbena asked hopefully.

He frowned, "So, there's a decent chance your husband is still alive, I'd wager... Unfortunately, there's an equally high likelihood he's being... meticulously compelled to join the Fallen; hopefully, we can get him back before that. Do you know who accompanied Karloff, though? We've... got reason to believe the Fallen have managed to infiltrate the Verbena of Boston at a high level. No name, though, but it would explain a few conundrums..."

"My husband would never join the Nephandi"
Millicent declared.
"I hope he is alive though but I fear what they are doing to him if he is. Ehm I am not a member of the Boston Coven we have our own in Worechester, I believe he did a working with two hedge wizards, two lesser members of our Tradition, Alivia Delamire and Mirella Cottonbridge."

He shook his head and extended his hand, mirroring her good hand, "Thank you, that at least helps establish something of a timeline. I'm sure we'll do everything in our power to bring your husband home unscathed."

The Verbena woman shook your hand.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright. Well if the Nephandi have harmed my Karloff I will have their heart's blood."
She said darkly.
"Oh and sorry about your wall...I did not intend to...do that."
She said and looked down at her sore hand.
"I lost control of my temper and had to punch something...you know how it is."

[Boston]

'Really? Is there a type of animal out there which doesn't have some shapeshifters?' a combination of surprised and worried.

"Probably allot. I have never heard of we cows for example. Oh and there are werseals Coawa says but they are not really Fera they are fairies, I am not sure how that works though."
Strawberry replied.

'Well, the car had spent a couple of months on cinderblocks. Utterly chewed through the electrics, they did...'

"Did the cinnderblocks eat the electrics?"
The little werrat asked wide eyed.
"I hear wires makes for good eating, they are nom nom."
She declared.

[Roxbury]

'Lever under the seat.' Nicole commented on seeing Coava try to get comfortable in the seat. 'And thanks... though it looks like a total POS. Which is exactly how I want it.' checking the time to see if the deadline had passed yet.

"Ah thanks."
Coawa said as he found the lever and made sure he had more leg space. Gerda squeaked and now you had two rats in the back seat to save space.
"Oh sorry."
The Rokea muttered. The time had arrived when it was about time to get moving to meet the others.

(OOC: For now I will just keep Tane in the background later I will ask his player what he want me to do with him.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:33 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, imagining various shape-changing animals...

Anja's Post:

'No... the rats did. Oddly enough, they never ate the upholstery... perhaps they never found a way in to the cabin.'

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

Giving a nod, Nicole stubbed out her cigarette and fired up the engine; pulling out of the lot and heading towards their agreed meeting point. As she did so, took her cell and scrolled through to see if she had the spider-woman's number...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:26 am

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess he have to breathe if he is going to tell me his new method."
Anna reluctantly agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Hm, at this point, I don't think I could teach it to you...but perhaps someday. Your father knows a variation on it, of his own." He did not yet have the energy or patience to work up a good explanation. "I appreciate your enthusiasm, though."
Anja wrote:"But why not Mr Roth Hicks? I am pretty good at what the Traditions call Prime I am sure I could learn."
Anna said with a pout she was very good at pouting.
Anja wrote:"He do...really?"
Anna asked and she looked up at Colin.
"What variation is that dad?"
She asked then she smiled to Adley.
"Learning magick is fun Sir."
Colin nodded sagely, "Ah, yes, no, I'm afraid you cannot learn that trick just yet, Anna. It works precisely counter to qlippothic magic, by reinforcing the infinite possibilities that qlippothic magic seeks to destroy - so a Fallen Mage cannot use the method. One day, though..."

Anja wrote:"I plan to, what about your apprentice? Is it wise to bring her along if using that Serum is a possible tactic our enemies will have against us in the Labyrinth Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry wrote out then showed you and Adley the note.
He frowned, writing back, 'She made no mention of it in the future, but we'll need her to draw the maps of the place. If someone dares hit her with the serum, though, they will learn the meaning of "angry god", and I will be the one who enthusiastically makes the introduction.'

S7trif3 wrote:He frowned and wrote: 'The serum makes it more likely to become a ghost, correct? What if he is trying to top off his army, with recruits?'
Anja wrote:"From What Mr Wainwright have said yes it seams that heavy use of the Serum drastically increase the chance that the person it is used on become a ghost after death, so yes that is a disturbing possibility."
Jeffry wrote and he showed you and Colin the reply.
He pondered, then wrote back, 'Somewhat less likely, as I understand the risk to only really rise after extended use - when buildup is beginning to occur. Though I did have a conversation with the remnants of Jodelle Jerkins while I slept; the serum is only part of it, the combination with gilgul and execution seems to play a significant part in creating more powerful, wrathful ghosts such as the ones Jace brought with him.'

S7trif3 wrote:He shrugged. "He seemed okay, watching a show."
Anja wrote:Your Mentor nodded at that.
"Good then if Master Haagen agree he should be fine meeting his sister."
He nodded, "But not until morning, I think. The poor girl needs her sleep."

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"Do that mean we can get some information from this would be assassin? Also about what have become of Karloff?"
The Verbena asked hopefully.
He nodded, "I suspect your husband is in the Labyrinth we're going to strike later. Hopefully..."

Anja wrote:"My husband would never join the Nephandi"
Millicent declared.
"I hope he is alive though but I fear what they are doing to him if he is. Ehm I am not a member of the Boston Coven we have our own in Worechester, I believe he did a working with two hedge wizards, two lesser members of our Tradition, Alivia Delamire and Mirella Cottonbridge."
He nodded, "I am afraid he's not being treated with kindness, but he may be valuable enough they'll try to... persuade him for some time yet. And a rot in the Coven here may reach to others... Someone should reach out to check on the two Linear members you mentioned."

Anja wrote:The Verbena woman shook your hand.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright. Well if the Nephandi have harmed my Karloff I will have their heart's blood."
She said darkly.
"Oh and sorry about your wall...I did not intend to...do that."
She said and looked down at her sore hand.
"I lost control of my temper and had to punch something...you know how it is."
He smiled wryly, "I'll be happy to help with the punishment; your life tree might drink well tonight. As for the wall, we had to mend our basement after one Nephandus exploded there earlier; not sure if we still have his remains in a couple of buckets down there... I'm sure the little earth spiders we have scuttling about are quite happy mending whatever damage a mere fist can do to the wall."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:17 am

[Boston]

No... the rats did. Oddly enough, they never ate the upholstery... perhaps they never found a way in to the cabin.'

"Oh yummy Charlie said that upholstery are delicious."
Strawberry replied with a nod.

[Roxbury]

Giving a nod, Nicole stubbed out her cigarette and fired up the engine; pulling out of the lot and heading towards their agreed meeting point. As she did so, took her cell and scrolled through to see if she had the spider-woman's number...

You did indeed have her number.

[Chapel]

Colin nodded sagely, "Ah, yes, no, I'm afraid you cannot learn that trick just yet, Anna. It works precisely counter to qlippothic magic, by reinforcing the infinite possibilities that qlippothic magic seeks to destroy - so a Fallen Mage cannot use the method. One day, though..."

"Oh..."
Anna muttered sounding disappointed.
"How do that work though? Reinforcing possibilities?"

He frowned, writing back, 'She made no mention of it in the future, but we'll need her to draw the maps of the place. If someone dares hit her with the serum, though, they will learn the meaning of "angry god", and I will be the one who enthusiastically makes the introduction.'

Jeffry nodded and he wrote back.
"Likely your visions do not see everything, there are free after all. We will try to keep Anna safe through."

He pondered, then wrote back, 'Somewhat less likely, as I understand the risk to only really rise after extended use - when buildup is beginning to occur. Though I did have a conversation with the remnants of Jodelle Jerkins while I slept; the serum is only part of it, the combination with gilgul and execution seems to play a significant part in creating more powerful, wrathful ghosts such as the ones Jace brought with him.'

The old war mage replied in neat script.
"You did mention that there had been an increase of ghosts from elderly magi put on the serum as well. The thing is a horrible, violent, traumatic death do increase the chance of a ghost as well, and you do not get much more traumatic than Gilgul."

He nodded, "But not until morning, I think. The poor girl needs her sleep."

"Agreed but we are not going to keep the boy captive longer than necessary. I did plan to release him when the threat we are facing is over."
Jeffry replied.
"So we can not wait to long if we are going to introduce them to one another."

[Infirmary]

He nodded, "I suspect your husband is in the Labyrinth we're going to strike later. Hopefully..."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright and that he is alive."
Millicent said with a worried frown.

He nodded, "I am afraid he's not being treated with kindness, but he may be valuable enough they'll try to... persuade him for some time yet. And a rot in the Coven here may reach to others... Someone should reach out to check on the two Linear members you mentioned."

"The Nephandi are not known for being kind."
The Verbena said with a frown.
"But I hope that Karloff is still alive, if he is alive then he can be nursed back to health. As for our Coven I can not imagine there is traitors among them."
She said then she pulled out her phone.
"I will call the girls though."
Millicent said and she proceeded to do so, she tried several times then she frowned.
"Neither of them are answering their phone..."
She said looking even more concerned now.

He smiled wryly, "I'll be happy to help with the punishment; your life tree might drink well tonight. As for the wall, we had to mend our basement after one Nephandus exploded there earlier; not sure if we still have his remains in a couple of buckets down there... I'm sure the little earth spiders we have scuttling about are quite happy mending whatever damage a mere fist can do to the wall."

"Indeed our Life Tree might drink well tonight."
The Verbena said darkly.
"And I would welcome the help Mr Wainwright. Ah yes the little spider spirits I noticed them scurry around they are adorable, so they help maintain the Chantry? How practical."
She added with a weak smile though she mostly looked concerned.
"Even so I do apologize for damaging your walls...ehm why did the Nephandus explode by the way, they do not usually just explode."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:01 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Well for the next bit of planning I think I will have to contact our Mentor to ask her what she can do about the situation."
Ange said and her brother frowned when Master Babu was mentioned. About that time you got a text message from Master Telar which said.
"I am back at Steelhaven, so when you have time to discuss the favor I need Mr Y let me know."

"We'll also have to figure out how to handle that art student." Serge said as he felt the buzz of his phone notifications. "Wilda's not gonna appear if he's not there. So we can't exactly warn or deter him away. Disguising someone to look like him might be risky as well if she see's through it. So our best play might be too keep him oblivious until she appears. But once she appears and we trap her, he's gonna be a little more than freaked out about the several people that randomly appeared in his room. We'll need some way of ensuring of putting him out of commi...."

Serge cut himself off as he finally opened his phone and read the text. "Looks like Master Telar's here. Is it all right if I quickly go and handle her issue?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:14 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Wait... thought they only did that to like create bedding...' giving a frown.

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

While driving, Nicole called the woman...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum