Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 Empty The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:17 pm

(OOC: Continuation from the first thread. I am working on a summary of all that have happened in the first thread and such details now but thought it best to just get thread 2 started. So currently Beatrice is putting wards on already warded windows, Jon is in his room, Adley is visiting Colin in his workshop, Richard and Bruce is on their way out of Jeffry's office, Tane is speaking with Jeffry and Bianca is in a Thai restaurant having lunch with Rose. So just continue posting here as there are no skip in time, I am just moving it to a new thread to avoid a mile long IC thread that is difficult to search through. So well post to your little gamer heart's content.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:06 pm

Tane sat and with him and smiled.
What would you want to know?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Jeffry nods he sits down behind his desk and say.
"Well, who this person you say is a fomori is, how you know he is here in Boston, do you know any potential contacts he or she might have her, in short do you have any details that can be relevant for me when it comes to forming a picture of what level of threat this creature poses to this Chantry, and also to get an idea if he or she might be able to lead us to the Nephandi here in Boston."
The old mage said.
"I would also like to know why you are hunting this creature, and how long you have been after it."
The Security Chief said before he poured himself some more coffee and held the pot out towards Tane.
"Would you like a cup Mr Karyak?"
Jeffry asks before he continues his near interrogation.
"Also I shall admit I do not know much about the fomori save that they are sometimes found as allies of the Nephandi, though for me it is hard to tell the difference between a fomori, a corrupted Hedge Wizard or psychic or just a regular sleeper who have been imbued with some power or another by their dark masters...not that the difference matter that much but I like to be as informed as I can, so if you would please tell me about the fomori Mr Karyak and also how the fates have twisted to make you a hunter of these creatures."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Thanks. Said Tane and accepted the coffee. Always liked it without sugar.
You'll forgive me if i'm straightforward with you: It's too long a story, but i'll tell you.
First of all, let me tell you i'm a Dreampeaker, that is, i'm higly in contact with spirits in all their form. I was tasked by one of them, a legendary heroe called Atonga, to protect those in need and fight evil wherever i find it. Now, i awakened when i saw the birth of a friend, Coawa he's called. He's a wereshark, that's why it made me Awaken. SInce i saw it, i'm a friend of him and his people. New Zealand, i'm from there, has a great number of weresharks, so when someone started corrupting their tumuls, they all started looking for the guilty. I helped since that bothered spirits and made some of my friends turn crazy. Frenzied. We tracked the Fomorian down and ambushed him, but it escaped. He came here, for what his bank records show, and some mails and things we found makes us think he has a contact here and that they have a plan, but we got no idea who it might be. Knowing there's a Nephandi, i think they could be related.
Well, now, a Fomorian is a monster corrupted by some form of Entropy spirit that's eating the creation's spirit, forcing a disbalance, the Wereshark say. This one in particular can adopt a war form and a human form and has terrible power in both cases.
We decided to come and warn the others weresharks in the region, and we came here about 4 months ago We started this fight one year ago.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Jeffry haded Tane a cup of black coffee and sat back in his chair listening to the younger mage speak.
"Dreamspeaker you see, so our Chantry have finally attracted one, I have somewhat of a fondness for spirits myself, though I generally communicate with High Umbral beings, nature spirits also have their...charm. Primordial spirits like what you speak about though...I have never had much to do with them."
The old mage muttered more or less to himself.
"A wereshark you say, I can not say I have ever met such a creature, I have met some shapechangers, but not one of those, and I have certainly not heard of one as a catalyst for Awakening but yes I guess such a sight might just shake a sleeper up enough to Awaken."
The Hermetic said as he drank some more coffee.
"You have to slow down a bit though Mr Karyak, what is a tumul?"
Jeffry asked before he let the younger mage continue.
"Ah mail and bank records, now I am not technological genius, I have figured out how to use a cell phone, however if you give that information to Narim, he might be able to find out something more from the records, the bloody technomancer must be good for something."
The Hermetic grunted before he leaned back to listen to the Dreamspeaker's information of what a fomori was.
"Hum...I think I do not like these fomori...yes they do sound like good allies for the Nephandi, we will have to deal with this create but first things first, our Chantry is looking for a Nephandus, a woman, I want you to help out with that effort and perhaps by that come closer to this fomori you are hunting."
The old mage said then he looked sternly at Tane.
"Now as for your finned friends, you can fill the city with them for all I care, but supernaturals you travel with, by mage law, they are your Custos, and you are responsible if they cause trouble for our society, you will be held responsible, am I clear?"
The all war mage said in a tone of voice that made it very clear that one of them that Tane would answer to if his so called finned friends caused trouble for Tradition mages was Jeffry himself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:18 am

A tumul is a node, but a much more spiritual one, around which the shapeshifters gather. All changing breeds get to those, i think. Tane explained, although he didn't know any details.
Of course, but htey stay in the sea, they won't cause trouble. What are Custos?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:29 am

"Ah yes, the werewolves have them to, we have had run ins with them, since we share the same resources that can at times be a problem, however if your weresharks stay in the sea, I do not think there is a problem, Riverside, another Chantry might have Nodes or magickal resources in the water however, just make sure your friends do not hurt any of our city's mages."
Jeffry sand then he shrugs.
"Custos means servant, but do not let the term throw you off, look at it like a mage society plus one, mages who harm your Custos can be punished as if it where you yourself that had been harmed, while if your Custos commit crimes against members of the Traditions you would be punished as if their actions where yours. Generally the term Custos is used on any close, non mage ally of a Tradition member."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:35 am

"Good afternoon Sir, are you by any chance a Mr Adley Roth Hicks? You fit the description of such a gentleman that my employer Mr Wainwright said might come calling. Please Sir right this way."

Adley looked around the shop and then nodded to the woman. "Yes. I'm here to see him."

"If you just go down the set of stairs behind the counter here you will get to Mr Wainwright's workshop, and do let me know if there is anything I might be of service with." The clerk say as give a friendly smile and point to a set of stairs behind a door right behind the shop's counter.

He nodded to her. "Thank you,' he said, walking towards the door and then down the stairs.

// Thanks for the time-update, I figured it was around 2pm but then I wasn't sure either

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:57 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:(OOC: Continuation from the first thread. I am working on a summary of all that have happened in the first thread and such details now but thought it best to just get thread 2 started. So currently Beatrice is putting wards on already warded windows, Jon is in his room, Adley is visiting Colin in his workshop, Richard and Bruce is on their way out of Jeffry's office, Tane is speaking with Jeffry and Bianca is in a Thai restaurant having lunch with Rose. So just continue posting here as there are no skip in time, I am just moving it to a new thread to avoid a mile long IC thread that is difficult to search through. So well post to your little gamer heart's content.)
(OOC I am so sorry, started a new job this week then have had a lot of home time things to do, hardly been on and not caught up.. .will try to in the next day or 2 )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:45 am

Colin was quietly finishing the application forms, neatly stacked on a small desk, while a tray of freshly-cast silver rings was laid out to cool on the workbench. A small monitor above the desk showed the view from the store's security cameras. Aside from the expected tools, workbenches and shelves of materials, a two foot wide silver circle was embedded in the floor.
"Do come in, Adley, I've just got to finish these forms while the spell persists. Please do not cross the summoning circle."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 am

(OOC: Ashan, let me know if you want me to write up a summary of what Richard have seen and heard while you where gone so it is easier for you to catch up. Oh and no need to apologize real life comes first and I have just assumed Richard have just sat in Jeffry's office and not added to much to the discussion and now he and Bruce is leaving, so no problem. Oh and congratulations on your new job.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:00 pm

I should contct that Riverside Chantry. Might you help me?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Jeffry nodded and scribbled down and address and a telephone number on a piece of paper.
"Yes you can find their Chantry here, they do not involve themselves much in Awakened affairs though, they just live together since it is less tempting for the Union to attack eleven mages in a collective than to pick off eleven mages one by one, this is the phone number of their Deacon Primus Jackie Sullivan bani Cult of Ecstasy."
The old mage said then he handed the note to Tane before giving the young shaman a stern look.
"If you plan to even mention that you are from Steelhaven though Mr Karkyak, do remember to mind your manners, a unpolitical Chantry they may be, but they are another Traditionalist Chantry non the less, we do not want to appear undignified to other mages of the Traditions now do we?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:50 pm

He nodded, skirting the engraved circle and walking around it as if he was used to doing so. He waited quietly as Colin finished his work without interrupting him, looking around curiously but not touching anything.

//congrats on your new job Ashan! = )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:

Rosa giggle and crack a big smile.
"I guess we will both be under a table then if the Technocrats ever come knocking on the Chantry door, we can throw tableware at them."
The young mage said then she added.
"Not that I have ever met one of them, I have only be told they are dangerous as shit and will shoot me on sight if I am lucky...and do horrible, horrible things if I am not, and apparently they have cyborgs or some such shit...damned my world have gotten weird, well I will go and order the food."
Rosa went to make the order and when she came back she said.
"Now as for drugs I do not care if you deal or not, I do not use allot of drugs but I do not mind what others do, their bodies, their choice, and yes natural things are more healthy than chemicals, that go for everything."
The newly Awakened girl said then she sat down.
"The food will be brought over when it is done."
She said then she asked.
"So what brings you to Steelhaven? I heard you where a former apprentice of Amadeus Nassa? Is that true?"

Bianca nods and giggles at her. "Yeah, I guess so. At least we'll have each other then, right? If they dare to brave under the table, I'll have a surprise ready for them. I'm not entirely defenseless, I have some tricks that should keep us safe if it comes to that." she says and grins, all proud that she can defend her newest friend. Her smile fades a little as the technocrats are mentioned. "Yeah, I heard about them. That's one more reason I miss the woods. Though, from what I hear, as long as we keep it to ourselves, they can't find us, right? I can't do any of the flashy stuff my mentor does so we should be fine." she smiles again and nods as Rose leaves the table to make the order.

"Thanks, Rose." she says as soon as the other girl returns. "Yeah, natural stuff is nowhere as addictive as the rest, so you don't have to worry about that. Having a small trip every now and then is fun. The problem is when someone's reality sucks so badly they want to replace it." she says softly and grins at her. "Good! After smelling the food here I feel like I'm starving!"

As Rose asks about why she moved, she pauses a moment and shrugs. "Well, I'm not quite sure how to put it. It's kinda like when I spent time in isolation with my mentor I was in an egg, and now I'm out of the egg. I felt it's time to get to know the world on my own, you know?"
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Adley it is pretty clear to you that Colin use this place to work his magick, the room just have that feel, the feel of a place where continuous magickal workings have weakened the reality of the consensus and created a safe harbor for the mage who's Paradigm reign here, now since Colin's Paradigm is at least in the same ballpark as your own, no it is not the same, but the fantasy literature the Orphan seamed to get his Paadigm from often used ideas, concept and imagery from the watered down Hermetic ideas available to occultists and weaker Hedge Wizards and which had made it into mainstream media, and those ideas came from Hermetic magick so through allot of twists and turns you can relate to Colin's Paradigm, at least on some levels, which meant the reality of this Sanctum felt comforting and calming to you as well, as if the looming axe of Paradox that hung over every mage's head was lifted at bit, just in this one room. This feeling also meant you know this is a Sanctum.

Rosa grins when Bianca said she could fight attackers of and where not defenseless.
"And I could tell them exactly on the second what time it was...and how long they had used finding us under there."
The young mage grins.
"I Awakened last month, I really can not do jack shit yet, other than well...knowing what time it is...very, very accurately."
Rosa mutters then she add.
"But give me a few years and I might be able to give them a nasty bit of a surprise myself."
Rosa's smile fades when Bianca ask if the Technocracy can find them.
"Yes...they can find us."
The Newly Awakened Cultist said then she paused as a short, Asian woman came to their table and placed two bowls of sweet smelling stew and two large bowls of rice, and a large glass of soda before the two magic users.
"I hope you will enjoy it."
The woman said before she left to serve another table. Rosa thanked the woman before she left and then she took up her fork to eat, she preferred a fork to chopsticks, though the latter was provided as well, the food did not seam as tempting as it had before Bianca's question though and the young mage sigh.
"They hunt us Bianca."
Rosa said when she was sure they again where alone and out of earshot.
"Every time one of us step out of a Chantry alone, we are a target, and sometimes one of us get hunted down, they say that a few years ago, an apprentice like me from our Chantry was gunned down on the street like a dog by the Technocracy, he died. Being careful with where we say what and not to have our magick seen makes us safer, but there is always the chance that they will come for us no matter where we are, we are never completely safe, and in a way, neither are they for many from the Traditions also hunt them, my mentor say that even if things appear normal and we are not wearing armor or crawling around in the bushes, we must never forget that every one of us are soldiers in a war, no matter if we like it or not."
Rosa sigh and give Bianca an apologetic smile.
"Sorry, I did not mean to get that gloomy, perhaps my mentors attitude is rubbing off on me, he is Mr Serious all the time..."

Rosa nods to what Bianca say about natural drugs.
"Yeah people have been doing it for as long as there have been people."
The young mage said then she smiles to the reason Bianca gave to why she was leaving her home and coming to Boston.
"That seams like a good reason, I am sure the time will come also when I have to leave my mentor and learn to make it on my own in this world."
Rosa said as she ate a bit of stew and rice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:47 pm

If theyre apolitical, ¿why wouldn't they be a branch of this chantry? Asked Tane, who was also apolitica for now.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Jeffry leaned back and regarded the younger mage.
"Because we are not apolitical Mr Karyak."
The Hermetic said.
"And we do not have the resources to spend on guarding and taking care of elven mages who have as their only desire to stay as much out of mage politics and the Ascension war as they can, now Steelhaven is not a war Chantry, but we are just more active in Tradition politics, and in the war, if we offered Riverside our protection we might gain some Quintessence from their Node and some skilled researchers, but ultimately making them a branch of Steelhaven would be a drag on our resources for little gain, and besides I doubt they would want to be under our authority, they seam perfectly happy in that old mansion of theirs, if they where under us they would have to take part in politics, and they have no desire to do that. Now do not get me wrong if they where really in trouble we would help them out, so would Lux Itineris, Three Maidens and Westchapel also, and probably some of the Chantries in nearby cities as well, we are all members of the Traditions after all, however for day to day operations, Riverside just have a completely different focus than Steelhaven."
The old Hermetic patiently explains.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:15 pm

HMN... I undertand. Ok then, i think we have already said everything it was to be said. I just need to know how can i help you chase this Nephandi.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:30 pm

"Well I am going to send a Cabal investigating the Nephandi presence, the Hermetics of Chantry Lux Itineris will also be doing a separate investigation on this, however if you want to help you can work with the Cabal I am sending, they are of your age and you might like them, be aware though that they also have...other concerns on their minds as well, the two young men who just left my office are a member of that Cabal, so are a Verbena woman who should be around here somewhere creating wards on our windows at the moment, as well as two other men, one of them my own student, if you wish to work with them on hunting the Nephandi in Boston I am sure they would welcome the help."
Jeffry said as he leaned back in the seat.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:33 pm

Colin smoothly signed and initialed the last form, put it into an envelope with the necessary copies of various IDs, and swiveled the chair around to face Adley, smiling warmly.
"Welcome to my little slice of almost unreality, Adley. I believe we have a few matters to discuss?"

((OOC: And yes, congratulations on new job, Ashan! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:20 pm

"Forgive me for arriving while you were working," he said, relaxing a little as he concluded his work and turned to him. He seemed comfortable enough standing where he was, though if there is a chair available he will make a motion towards it to ask if he can sit down as well. The quality of the area also made him feel more secure and less guarded than he had before he walked in.

He nodded. "There have been rather a number of revelations in a short period of time. But first I would like to thank you for your input during our earlier negotiations; though the circumstances were hardly ideal your suggestions greatly improved our outcome, I feel." He looked thoughtful. "You are a gifted speaker, Colin and while it may not have been easy for you I was extremely impressed with most everything you said. The second matter is of course regarding Beatrice, though this ties into another matter, that of the functioning of the cabal itself. These aren't thoughts I won't share with the others but I wanted to speak with you first.

"I'd rather avoid any confusions as we had this morning before we set out. With the way things have escalated, we would benefit from knowing one another's strengths, capabilities, and needs better than we do currently and pool our resources so we can work more effectively towards our goals. It would also be good to have a general understanding of what kind of workings we do and how we do them. At some point soon we should have a strategy meeting to discuss that more in depth. Perhaps you all know one another more readily than I do; I know that I have a tendency to observe and keep to a distance but you are my cabal mates." He looked at him. "Perhaps I should not have been so surprised at your comportment if I knew you better. Then again, one doesn't always know someone so well as they do after they've been in a conflict together."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite alright - I took a little longer on filling in those forms than I thought - I merely added a little touch of magic to make the bureaucracy go smoother; nothing you would notice at a glance, I'm sure. But once started, one should finish without interruption, wouldn't you say?"
He pondered a moment, gesturing to the other, slightly higher chair by the workbench. "As for me being a gifted speaker - that's not entirely accurate. I make an effort to be succinct, to be decisive, certain and confident in what I say, though public speeches are not my strong suit. If, however, I have to address multiple people at once, I falter and stumble; I lose my focus and start blithering. It's more common than you might think - I understand a number of artists, politicians and actors have similar problems, in fact; Freddie Mercury among them. In the negotiations, you were the voice, the commanding officer - and I naturally had to provide what counsel I could without taking center stage."
He carefully steepled his fingers.
"It is fairly easy to see, for someone with a background like mine, why Chief Morgan is fond of you. You have the potential to be a remarkably fine officer, but you are yet a gem in the rough. I would say, though, you have an advantage most intelligent aspiring officers only dream of... an older, more experienced sergeant, as it were, who does not want the command position, but who is prepared to go as far as necessary to support his commanding officer."
He half-smiled, "As for the second matter, you are correct - and a good leader does make sure they know the full strengths and weaknesses of their crew. As for my workings, I believe they are quite... similar to your Hermetic methods, though the little distinctions are as numerous as the similarities, I suppose. Suffice it to say, at present, my magical abilities are mainly limited to manipulating chance, and some analysis. The others - I sincerely don't understand how Richard does his 'warm hands' trick, but it seems to serve him well; Bruce is an excellent craftsman, though I'm not certain how he works his magic. Jon... I don't pretend to even begin to understand his rapport with electronics, but it is quite impressive. And Beatrice... well, I can make a few guesses as to how the, hm, 'blood witches' do their magic, based on various fantasy novels, including some of the works from the so-called Lovecraft Circle, but it is certainly somewhat alien to me."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:51 pm

"Quite alright - I took a little longer on filling in those forms than I thought - I merely added a little touch of magic to make the bureaucracy go smoother; nothing you would notice at a glance, I'm sure. But once started, one should finish without interruption, wouldn't you say?"

"Most definitely. Paperwork does seem to take more time than it should." He took a seat on the chair Colin indicated.

"As for me being a gifted speaker - that's not entirely accurate. I make an effort to be succinct, to be decisive, certain and confident in what I say, though public speeches are not my strong suit. If, however, I have to address multiple people at once, I falter and stumble; I lose my focus and start blithering. It's more common than you might think - I understand a number of artists, politicians and actors have similar problems, in fact; Freddie Mercury among them. In the negotiations, you were the voice, the commanding officer - and I naturally had to provide what counsel I could without taking center stage."

He listened to the full explanation and then nodded. "I think I understand - it can be hard to concentrate when there are many targets. However, I still find your efforts to be most appreciated. Your counsel was, as I said, quite invaluable to me." Yes, this made sense...why it had worked for both of them.

"It is fairly easy to see, for someone with a background like mine, why Chief Morgan is fond of you. You have the potential to be a remarkably fine officer, but you are yet a gem in the rough. I would say, though, you have an advantage most intelligent aspiring officers only dream of... an older, more experienced sergeant, as it were, who does not want the command position, but who is prepared to go as far as necessary to support his commanding officer."

Adley was quiet a moment; he knew he was 'green' in the field and being put into a command position. Colin's offer of support reminded him of the feeling he'd had back at the office when he was about to report the bad news to his mentor, of having someone that had his back. "Your insight and practical knowledge is a distinct advantage that I cannot deny. I am not used to working in a group this diverse though I believe it has advantages even though there are challenges as well. Nor am I particularly used to relying on others. But I find that I can rely on you. That means a great deal to me."

He half-smiled, "As for the second matter, you are correct - and a good leader does make sure they know the full strengths and weaknesses of their crew. As for my workings, I believe they are quite... similar to your Hermetic methods...

"I would also say you have skills as a negotiator, perhaps because you run a business - or perhaps you are naturally shrewd. But strengths include more than ars, of course. I believe you would say that I have a great deal of book learning. I am a linguist and know several languages, which has assisted me on my path. Perhaps due to my mentor, I am more prone to thinking defensively and like to know what I'm fighting against. However, I have combat skills with both a gun and melee and the use of Forces - these are skills that every Flambeau would know. Additionally, I am interested in Umbrood and the nature of prime reality, which are likely less commonly thought of as skills of my House. As for my weaknesses, I think you have already hit upon some of them. But there are others. Although I have combat skills, it would benefit me to have more defenses at the ready. This might be true for more than one of us.

"Concerning Beatrice..." Adley frowned slightly. "Colin, I know you were not there when Beatrice first told me of her affliction but the knowledge greatly disturbed me and that you did see. You must understand that part of my...path is to protect people from evil and destroy it if need be. And so I was quite angry to find that such a thing had been hidden...that I had trusted not to check on any of you before confirming my membership with the cabal...seeing as how we had just been hit by a Nephandi and everywhere around me was...tainted, and what happened with the Umbrood...these are not excuses but I was quite upset. My first instinct was to banish the threat.

I am not sure what you know or believe about avatars; they are mysterious at any rate and everyone has their own opinion. Nor I do not expect everyone to carry the same beliefs as I do, though to me they are very important and personal. To find out that my cabalmate had a corrupted avatar was...and still is...unacceptable to me. Her avatar as it is poses a threat whether later in our lives or in her next one. Unless something else can be done, gilgul is the way that is known currently to stop an avatar from coming back again. She is aware of this, yet wishes to keep her magick. She is afraid and I cannot blame her for that but there is the possibility that the pull of the abyss will drag her down, which is not something that I can ignore. Added to that is the issue of the judge that we met today, which was the cause of my second upset." He frowned and then seemed to change track entirely.

"I had an interesting conversation with our Deacon Primus...there -may be- options regarding Beatrice, however they vary from exceptionally challenging and upwards from there. I was warned that even if we attempted any of these, that the political entanglements may prevent any of it from manifesting before she has come before judgement again. I would not want to get her hopes up only to have that stolen and yet I believe it is worthwhile to make an attempt. I have also learned that the judge...and her brother, lost their mentor due to Nephandi. The details of what occurred are horrifying; the mentor in question suffered greatly before he died, having had his avatar destroyed. Some of the Nephandi have learned the same technique that we would use against them. Such is war."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:18 am

Colin nodded, "I would not say I am naturally shrewd, or that my skills as a negotiator come foremost from my operating a business. I believe it to be more a matter of training - every RAF pilot is an officer, after all, and rapid situational analysis is an integral part of that training; for someone operating an airborne combat craft, even more so. It is the matter of keeping alert, of paying attention to openings and fallback positions under any and all circumstances, not only to stick to a plan, but to be able to throw the plan out the window in parts or in its entirety as the situation demands. I would, in fact, propose reading Sun Tzu's Art of War in that respect - the processes can easily be applied to almost any type of situation."
He smirked a little, "As for my direct combat skills, I am of, shall we say middling proficiency with the pistol and in a brawl. But give me an armed helicopter, and I can do things that one normally only sees in a Hollywood action movie. Since we seem to be lacking such a helicopter, I propose we simply do our best to dive for cover and return fire as called for by the situation."
Frowning, he continued, "Regarding Avatars - I initially considered them to be the Mage's soul, reflecting their ideal form. This thought was corroborated by how I would occasionally see my unscarred face in the mirror. Since moving here, however, I have been informed that the matter is somewhat... more complex. In particular, the reincarnation aspect does raise a few questions I can't quite answer at this time - but perhaps I will understand it later. What is perhaps more important is the fact that an Avatar can become corrupted and twisted by some malicious process - and that it is apparently considered irreversible, a stance I find conspicuous. One cannot prove a negative, and all that... Now, it seems Master Steelhaven elaborated on his faint optimism a little more to you than he did me, but I did note that he seemed to be in agreement that we ought to help Beatrice rise from her unfortunate... inheritance. I have developed a certain fondness for the poor girl; rather similar to that of an uncle, I suppose."
"Your immediate response to her revelation is understandable - you have been more conditioned toward such a disposition than me - though under the circumstances regrettable. It is reassuring to see you are not quite as... inflexible as Madam D'Angelo; while I can sympathize with her loss, casting anything as an absolute binary is ungainly."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next