Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Colin nodded and carefully placed the token in the box with his monocles - the several layers of velvet should provide more than adequate padding - and placed the lot in his inner pocket. "Then after we are adjourned here, I shall wander slightly indirectly down to the tass reserve and give it a once-over before straying back here.

Narim nodded.
"Very well just keep it discreet Mr Wainwright and do not look to closely any anyone, we are walking a tightrope here, we do not want to trip. At least this way if things go sought it will come back to me and not the whole Council and also like you said yourself most would just think you are testing out your new rote and would think nothing much of it, but in either case do be careful.
Th Virtual Adept warned.

Hm, come to think of it, this will be an endurance challenge for me, to boot - to see how long I can keep the spell going.

"Well good luck then, it will be interesting to see how it go."
Narim say and give a friendly smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Colin nodded, "If there's nothing more, then, we have some quick thinking to do, all of us. Oh, before I go, Adley, I still have that one question from last night... Why did Robert Dale defect, do you know?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:43 pm

"Yes of course and I should get going with the things I need to take care of this morning as well."
Narim and then he closed his eyes for a moment and looked away as Patrick Dale came up in conversation. The Deacons had been informed by Jeffry Morgan about the young Barrabus' interrogation, and the boy's reason for falling to the Nephandi did not exactly make it easier to think of what would happen to him on Horizon. Narim said nothing though, Colin had been part of brining Mr Dale in, it was better he heard from his own Cabalmate what the Fallen Technomancer had fled from, his plight where not likely to get him any mercy from the Traditions though and Narim hoped Colin would not feel guilty for brining the young mage in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:56 pm

I am pretty sure the man who owned it was a Sons of Ether Barabbi, I do not think that the device itself could have done this I was careful and put wards on it before examining it." Narim said and he seamed fairly puzzled. "Yes we do have wards which should have stopped something coming with us into the Chantry, at least if it is on any frequency our wards are meant to detect and stop."

"I suppose I could try to take a look to see if I can note anything that might remain but it might be better to have someone more skilled do so," he offered.

He smiled thinly, "And seeing as I am not a member of the Order of Hermes, and especially not in a position of command, why, it would hardly be a Council-level betrayal of trust if I were to walk around and spot something out of the ordinary as I wander around in a sort of bewildered bliss. Does that sound about correct, according to the letter and precedent of Hermetic law?"

"The Chief however and the Primus are; while I dare not speak for the Primus, I will say that though the Chief does not yet know about this plan of yours, I do and though I don't of course have his authority it should be said that he may not approve of this plan, on the grounds we have spoken about. Likewise, I will not participate in further conversation about this as I don't want to be considered a conspirator in an attempt to circumvent the Code under false pretenses. I will not be able to lie about anything we have discussed if it comes to that either, not that either of you would have expected me to do so. I know that it makes it harder, as our enemies are versed it our ways and are using them to tie our hands but I believe that there is good in those Words that I swore to - and any information we gather should be as clear as we can get, especially if we are dealing with issues within the system. As for the letter and full precedent, as I said, I am not fully versed on hundreds of years of rulings..."

Colin nodded and carefully placed the token in the box with his monocles - the several layers of velvet should provide more than adequate padding - and placed the lot in his inner pocket. "Then after we are adjourned here, I shall wander slightly indirectly down to the tass reserve and give it a once-over before straying back here. Hm, come to think of it, this will be an endurance challenge for me, to boot - to see how long I can keep the spell going. Unrelated, Adley, have you ever considered joining the SCA? You look like a natural with sword and shield - and my apologies for prying."

Adley looked confused a moment. "SCA?" It took him a several moments to realise what he was speaking about, in conjunction with is next words. "Oh...well, I am able to use a sword and shield. I hardly ever have time for amusements like that though, why play at war when you have a real battle? Such armaments are not very easy to carry around in modern times however, unfortunately. Is that how my primal 'fingerprint' is looking to you?"

"Very well just keep it discreet Mr Wainwright and do not look to closely any anyone, we are walking a tightrope here, we do not want to trip. At least this way if things go sought it will come back to me and not the whole Council and also like you said yourself most would just think you are testing out your new rote and would think nothing much of it, but in either case do be careful. Th Virtual Adept warned.

Adley did not look glad to be put into a position for hearing about any of this. He looked at Narim. "Very well, then I will give my statement to the Primus, now then if you and Colin wish to discuss things. I can meet you to speak with Raymond's parents, Colin in a few minutes. See if we can bring Raymond something to eat and some good news. And then I will see if I can find Cita and work with the jagglings. At least that is the plan, barring the next thing to fall into our laps."

Colin nodded, "If there's nothing more, then, we have some quick thinking to do, all of us. Oh, before I go, Adley, I still have that one question from last night... Why did Robert Dale defect, do you know?"

Adley frowned, looking at him. "Mr Dale was a Technocratic apprentice in a Construct that was targeted by the Nephandi. He was picked as one of the ways to get on the inside because he was being raped by the Director." Adley shook his head; it was clear he did feel bad for the young man, Technocrat or not. "He did not even know what had happened to him, when he went through the caul, as they do not teach anything about avatars. Only that his song from within that had comforted him was gone afterward, but he was free from that torture and joined the ranks of Nephandi. I wish I didn't have to be the one to tell him what he'd lost, when he did not even know...but we needed to know what happened and once he understood a bit more, he began to talk with me. Yet he was a Nephandi an a Technocract beforehand, even if he was young and taken advantage of...I think that is the worst thing about the Nephandi, is how they take someone's needs, weaknesses, or desires and use them like that, people that need to be protected by those that can do so, making the offer of a way out looks like hope. I do not blame him for wanting to be away from such treatment and he did not know what he was trading away..." he repeated sadly. "I wish there was a way for him to hear that song again."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:32 pm

"I suppose I could try to take a look to see if I can note anything that might remain but it might be better to have someone more skilled do so," he offered.

"I would appreciate it."
The Virtual Adept said he pointed to a shelf where he had left the device after examining it.
"I left it there I will dispose of it later, however if you want to have a look at it, that should be perfectly safe."

"The Chief however and the Primus are; while I dare not speak for the Primus, I will say that though the Chief does not yet know about this plan of yours, I do and though I don't of course have his authority it should be said that he may not approve of this plan, on the grounds we have spoken about. Likewise, I will not participate in further conversation about this as I don't want to be considered a conspirator in an attempt to circumvent the Code under false pretenses. I will not be able to lie about anything we have discussed if it comes to that either, not that either of you would have expected me to do so.

"I would not expect you to lie Adley and I am sorry to be party to putting you in a difficult position."
Narim said regretfully, then he sigh.
"Politics and laws between Traditions really are complicated."
He muttered, Narim was a Virtual Adept used to the freedom of information and information gathering that his own Tradition had in so high regard, he had to find this situation frustrating, but he did not say anything about it.

I know that it makes it harder, as our enemies are versed it our ways and are using them to tie our hands but I believe that there is good in those Words that I swore to - and any information we gather should be as clear as we can get, especially if we are dealing with issues within the system. As for the letter and full precedent, as I said, I am not fully versed on hundreds of years of rulings..."

Narim sigh then he said.
"I am not that well versed in Hermetic law myself, just enough to be able to deal with Hermetics as a Deacon of this Chantry. I would say though that there are a reason for the laws we have, and often the laws of our various Tradition are strict. We are powerful beings, and perhaps we need the guidance of laws to be able to keep our own hubris in check. I might now fully agree with the Code of Hermes but I do see where it have it's uses."
The Virtual Adept said.

Adley did not look glad to be put into a position for hearing about any of this. He looked at Narim. "Very well, then I will give my statement to the Primus, now then if you and Colin wish to discuss things. I can meet you to speak with Raymond's parents, Colin in a few minutes. See if we can bring Raymond something to eat and some good news. And then I will see if I can find Cita and work with the jagglings. At least that is the plan, barring the next thing to fall into our laps."

Narim looked regretful at having put the Hermetic in a difficult spot.
"Do give my regards to George."
He said and then he nodded as Adley and Colin made some arrangements between themselves about what to do and when to meet up.

The Virtual Adept looked sad as Adley spoke about Mr Dale and what ha happened to him, he had heard it before but it was still not an easy thing to hear, especially since the Traditions would not help the kid or offer comfort, he would be thrown in a dark cell to suffer alone until a trial was held and then...he would be hurt worse than any faction had done before and any hope that he would hear that Avatar of his sing to him or do anything else ever again would be lost, the end of the line for him would be loneliness, then pain and then nothingness."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:25 am

Colin smiled, "Actually, if you were to look closer, you might see that the Scadians who duel with actual steel are quite the formidable fighters; it's not just a matter of playing at war, but when they show up at renaissance fairs, it's not just to play at war, they're actually fighting to test themselves and see who is the superior martialist. It is entirely comparable to regular martial arts tournaments, only generally with better armour. And yes, your... warrior's nature does shine through, and shine true, when I look at you now."
He frowned at Adley's protests, "Fair enough - prior discussion and your status does muddy this in an inconvenient manner. You have my word that any inspection on the way to the tass reserves will be limited as far as possible to the corridors on the way, and perhaps common rooms, in the sense of walls and furniture; I'll make an effort not to study our residents, or what they carry."
As Adley related Robert Dale's backstory, Colin's expression just... faded, revealing nothing.
"Indeed, the tragedy of young Robert Dale is only compounded by what he'd been through beforehand... Unfortunately, that sort of abuse will happen in any organization beyond a certain size, regardless of the organization's nature, and does little to nothing to change the fact that he made the worst possible choice. The consequences of which are... hmmm... I can think of one possible way to let him hear a remnant, at least, of his song... Tane, the recently arrived Dreamspeaker has some pretty impressive ability with Avatars and song; if I were to hazard an uneducated guess, I would say he has the same delicate touch with Avatars as does Mistress Telar, though yet neither as powerful or experienced, obviously... It appears he can sing to manifest not only his own Avatar, but that of any Awakened Mage, so long as neither the Mage nor the Avatar are hostile toward him, presumably. I'm not sure if we can arrange a seance, to use the term, but if we could, it might be a kindness; the next to last he might experience."
He sighed, "I would like nothing more than to see his damage undone, but that seems impossible within the timeframe for his trial, does it not?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:20 am

"I would appreciate it." The Virtual Adept said he pointed to a shelf where he had left the device after examining it. "I left it there I will dispose of it later, however if you want to have a look at it, that should be perfectly safe."

"I meant the radiator and so on, but...well, if there is time for that too. I'll drop in if I can..."

"I would not expect you to lie Adley and I am sorry to be party to putting you in a difficult position." Narim said regretfully, then he sigh. "Politics and laws between Traditions really are complicated."

"It probably won't be the first time that this happens. I'm just trying to navigate the best course I can as you are, since our actions will impact not just myself but others. I know we both want the chantry to be safe."

Narim looked regretful at having put the Hermetic in a difficult spot. "Do give my regards to George."

"Certainly, I will."

Colin smiled, "Actually, if you were to look closer, you might see that the Scadians who duel with actual steel are quite the formidable fighters; it's not just a matter of playing at war, but when they show up at renaissance fairs, it's not just to play at war, they're actually fighting to test themselves and see who is the superior martialist. It is entirely comparable to regular martial arts tournaments, only generally with better armour..."

"Hmm...like a certamen but without magick. It sounds interesting but I hardly have time for hobbies. At least right now I cannot even comprehend thinking about it."

He frowned at Adley's protests, "Fair enough - prior discussion and your status does muddy this in an inconvenient manner. You have my word that any inspection on the way to the tass reserves will be limited as far as possible to the corridors on the way, and perhaps common rooms, in the sense of walls and furniture; I'll make an effort not to study our residents, or what they carry."

"Thank you Colin. I know it it's difficult; I won't repeat my reasoning. At any rate you can discuss it with my pater later when he wakes up. He might see some wiggle room somewhere that I do not."

The consequences of which are... hmmm... I can think of one possible way to let him hear a remnant, at least, of his song... Tane... It appears he can sing to manifest not only his own Avatar, but that of any Awakened Mage, so long as neither the Mage nor the Avatar are hostile toward him, presumably. I'm not sure if we can arrange a seance, to use the term, but if we could, it might be a kindness; the next to last he might experience." He sighed, "I would like nothing more than to see his damage undone, but that seems impossible within the timeframe for his trial, does it not?"

He frowned. "I don't know if it might make him more upset, what you suggest...he's been through the caul...I suppose we can consider it after Sunday...but no, it would not be much time."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:34 am

"I meant the radiator and so on, but...well, if there is time for that too. I'll drop in if I can..."

"Ah forgive me I misunderstood. If there is time there is no need to worry."

He frowned. "I don't know if it might make him more upset, what you suggest...he's been through the caul...I suppose we can consider it after Sunday...but no, it would not be much time."

"The only thing I can do for Mr Dale is that my mentor have resources and are owed favors, I am sure he can arrange for a good attorney for the young man. This will not save him, I have never heard of a Fallen Nephandus being spared Gilgul in a Tradition trial, in fact him not being Barabbi of any Tradition he is not even owed a trial though on Horizon he will get one. Some widderslainte are spared as you well know, often with the reasoning that while Fallen the current incarnation have not committed a crime but a Nephandus no. However a good advocate might be able to give him more time. However this is a double edged sword, the more time the trial take the longer time Mr Dale will have to live in fear. Also if Mr Karyak where able to somehow manifest the man's Avatar, changes are now that it have been through the Cauls it will be twisted and foul, not to mention it might upset a Technocrat to see a spirit, at the same time it could give him some peace and perhaps make him find some acceptance for what will happen to him."
Narim said and sigh.
"Furthermore an good attorney might be able to get the boy treated better, the Security Council on Horizon can be...brutal to prisoners while they will not try to torment them, they often require little reason to resort to force and long hours alone in a shielded cell is probably not the best for Mr Dale, perhaps an attorney can be a support. In addition there is the tradition of those sentenced to...Gilgul...being paraded into the Main Sentencing Hall naked, this might be quite traumatizing especially for someone who have been abused so badly. It is possible an advocate can be able to talk the Council into letting the boy have some dignity, though I can not promise anything. He will get a public defender in either case but with someone hired in who are good at their job they might be able to make it easier for Mr Dale, but that is also all I can do for him."
Narim said he sounded regretful and looked down.
"I wish there where some other way, that we could show the boy kindness and not more cruelty."

Narim drew a deep breath and sigh then he continued.
"Now as for swords, my mother used to fight with one and she was quite skilled a blade can be a powerful weapon, just look at our Verbena. However often in our day and age a long range weapon wins out, often a gun is more practical if one is going to fight with a mundane weapon."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:49 am

Colin nodded and sighed, "Alas, I pretty much realized this would be the sadly inevitable reality for poor Mr. Dale when I offered Agent Kessinger I would take care of him... As did she, I suppose. The poor kid never deserved what happened to him."
He pondered for a moment, and cracked a small smile at Narim, "So you're saying a sword is an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:35 am

Narim sigh and shake his head.
"Sometimes our justice system do not feel like justice but then, it would be be no more just to let the boy's inverted Avatar be reborn into an innocent. Perhaps in the future if Miss Florentine manage to impart her knowledge of how she cleansed her own Avatar there might be a happier outcome for unfortunates like Mr Dale, but for now there is little hope for him, unfortunately. But like I said I might be able to get him an advocate who might at least make his last days a bit more comfortable and give him some dignity.
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.

Narim blinked at your question about swords a bit confused then he took the reference and chuckled a bit.
"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright, perhaps so indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:31 pm

"Ah forgive me I misunderstood. If there is time there is no need to worry."

"Nothing to forgive, though I believe your equipment should be checked over for traces of tampering that you can't detect. I'm not saying that I could find anything but I will try."

"The only thing I can do for Mr Dale is that my mentor have resources and are owed favors, I am sure he can arrange for a good attorney for the young man...

"Thank you Narim," he sighed. "I can't say I've enjoyed watching the fates of several young people and teenagers touched by the Nephandi unfold."

Colin nodded and sighed, "Alas, I pretty much realized this would be the sadly inevitable reality for poor Mr. Dale when I offered Agent Kessinger I would take care of him... As did she, I suppose. The poor kid never deserved what happened to him."

"I am sorry to have to confirm your suspicions."

"Now as for swords, my mother used to fight with one and she was quite skilled a blade can be a powerful weapon, just look at our Verbena. However often in our day and age a long range weapon wins out, often a gun is more practical if one is going to fight with a mundane weapon."

"Sometimes our justice system do not feel like justice but then, it would be be no more just to let the boy's inverted Avatar be reborn into an innocent. Perhaps in the future if Miss Florentine manage to impart her knowledge of how she cleansed her own Avatar there might be a happier outcome...

Adley nodded. "That reminds me. Colin, I have yet to have time to visit them but Beatrice asked me to greet them for her and tell them she is grateful they are here. If I don't have time to do that, and you happen to see them before me, may I ask you to deliver that message?" Then as the conversation began to turn, he said,"As much as I'd enjoy a discussion about weaponry, I really should see Master Steelhaven," he said apologetically.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:43 pm

"Nothing to forgive, though I believe your equipment should be checked over for traces of tampering that you can't detect. I'm not saying that I could find anything but I will try."

"Yes they probably should, and thank you."
Narim said and gave a little smile before he sipped his tea.

"Thank you Narim," he sighed. "I can't say I've enjoyed watching the fates of several young people and teenagers touched by the Nephandi unfold."

"That is what the Nephandi do unfortunately they twist and corrupt and they especially like to do so to the innocent and those in need, that is why we can not let them win in this city or there will be many more young men and women like Mr Dale who will fall prey to their ways."
Narim said angrily.
"The Technocracy want to kill us and have complete control over reality, but the Nephandi just want to corrupt and destroy they are by far a worse foe."

Then as the conversation began to turn, he said,"As much as I'd enjoy a discussion about weaponry, I really should see Master Steelhaven," he said apologetically.

Narim nodded and stood to show you to the door, it was not like you could not find it, the office was not big, you could probably reach it from where you sat if you stretched a bit, but the Virtual Adept liked to be polite.
"Yes off course...of course. I have things to do myself."
He said.
"I will talk with you later, and do take care."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Colin shook his head, "Nothing to apologize for, Adley. I would have taken it far worse if you tried to gloss it over or misdirect. Some people inevitably end up with the short end of the stick, and Robert Dale is one of them. The worst tragedy is not that we're forced to condemn him like we do, but that he was driven to the worst decision of his life by a person in a position of trust. If only he could have voiced his problems to someone like Agent Kessinger instead, we might have avoided the whole problem, but... he made the wrongest choice, and the world is lessened by it."
He pinched the bridge of his nose, "In any case, perhaps you'd like to accompany me next time I visit a ren fair? My clerk and I usually go, in the guise of a humble jeweller and his attendant; it's a nice way to relax and watch the crowds without having to deal with a lot of people at once. Anyways, I'll pass along the message if I see Mister Gregario and Miss Florentine before you do."
He rose from the chair, "Now, that said, I'll be making a quick inspection of the stores... I'll be back in, oh, twenty minutes or so, most likely. See you around then."
He then adjusted his monocle, focused a little harder on keeping the effect going, and strolled down the corridors in a fairly straight path, looking mostly at the walls, skimming across wards and looking at the residue where various spells had touched the walls...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:51 pm

"Yes they probably should, and thank you." Narim said and gave a little smile before he sipped his tea.

He ran a hand through his hair and eyed the radiator. "Let me take a look while I'm here," he decided. "I can't seem to promise where I might be, in minutes after and then at least I'll have tried and talking about scheduling it would take as much time as having a look."

"That is what the Nephandi do unfortunately they twist and corrupt and they especially like to do so to the innocent and those in need, that is why we can not let them win in this city or there will be many more young men and women like Mr Dale who will fall prey to their ways."
Narim said angrily. "The Technocracy want to kill us and have complete control over reality, but the Nephandi just want to corrupt and destroy they are by far a worse foe."

"Yes," he agreed. He had no love for the Technocracy it was true, nor what they were trying to do to reality but they did not corrupt avatars. If one of them died, their avatar might come back to different circumstances, a Virtual Adept or Etherite instead.

Colin shook his head, "Nothing to apologize for, Adley. I would have taken it far worse if you tried to gloss it over or misdirect. Some people inevitably end up with the short end of the stick, and Robert Dale is one of them. The worst tragedy is not that we're forced to condemn him like we do, but that he was driven to the worst decision of his life by a person in a position of trust. If only he could have voiced his problems to someone like Agent Kessinger instead, we might have avoided the whole problem, but... he made the wrongest choice, and the world is lessened by it."

"I am sorry that it happened," he clarified and then let the matter stand. There was not much he could do there and though it saddened him there were others that had somewhat more hope that needed attending to at the moment.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "In any case, perhaps you'd like to accompany me next time I visit a ren fair? My clerk and I usually go, in the guise of a humble jeweller and his attendant; it's a nice way to relax and watch the crowds without having to deal with a lot of people at once. Anyways, I'll pass along the message if I see Mister Gregario and Miss Florentine before you do."

"Certainly, I think I would enjoy that, Colin. And thank you. It was important to her and I would like to give my greetings myself but time has been short."

He rose from the chair, "Now, that said, I'll be making a quick inspection of the stores... I'll be back in, oh, twenty minutes or so, most likely. See you around then.

"I will see what I can get done before now and then," he said.

"Yes off course...of course. I have things to do myself." He said. "I will talk with you later, and do take care."

"You as well; thank you Narim," he said, smiling at him. His polite manners made him feel somehow better, even if thing were as chaotic seeming as ever. He gave him a short bow and then set over to see the Primus.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:13 pm

He rose from the chair, "Now, that said, I'll be making a quick inspection of the stores... I'll be back in, oh, twenty minutes or so, most likely. See you around then."
He then adjusted his monocle, focused a little harder on keeping the effect going, and strolled down the corridors in a fairly straight path, looking mostly at the walls, skimming across wards and looking at the residue where various spells had touched the walls.

Colin Narim give you a nod as you leave.
"Take care Mr Wainwright."
He said. You begin to move through the Chantry, you do see resonances everywhere. Beatrice's wards on the windows, it had to be hers looked odd to you, different from the rest but difficult to put your finger on, as if her wards though preservative like the stronger rotes the Chief and Adley put up at regular intervals beside them, they seamed to also have a destructive quality about them, as if they twisted reality in a far different way than regular magick. Other than that you find nothing really out of the ordinary. Someone had been amusing themselves by bouncing a ball of energy against the walls you see, but other than that there was not that much magick that had touched the walls themselves, you see individual wards on some of the apartments but other than that not that much. But there really are energies and Resonances everywhere and of all types, but other that Beatrice's window wards none of them really stand out to you as anything out of the ordinary. The whole experience is in fact rather confusing for there is so much information all at once, it makes your head spin a little. All the colors, symbols and forms you see are beautiful though and certainly make walking through the hallways of Steelhaven interesting.

You get down into the basement, you do meet some of the Chantry's inhabitants along the way but most of them only give you a polite nod. None of those you see look suspicious though. Antonio was still discussing the evacuation plan with Andrew, Mrs Van Hess and Rosa. Andrew looked like Narim, Static and Dynamic, little scrolls and books floating about his aura, his apprentice Andrew had little colorful explosions in his showing his Dynamic youthful enthusiasm, Rosa had very little in the way of Resonance which was not strange given that a month ago she was a sleeper and Julia did not had Resonance the way a mage had at all.

You get down into the basement, there was one corridor to take if you wanted to get to the practical rooms like the wash room, which was now a cell and the more mundane part of the basement and another to get to the ritual chambers, the lab and the Node as well as the Tass storage. There where no one in this part of the Chantry right now but you can feel the heat and light of the Node as soon as you get down there. The ritual chamber where Beatrice had be attempted Gilgulled had been cleansed but where you do see destructive Resonance. There was just blackness lingering in that ritual chamber. The you stand before the Tass storage, a unassuming little blue door and here to you can feel the tidal waves of energy coming from the Tass inside and what you see through your monocle becomes just white with a bright light.

He ran a hand through his hair and eyed the radiator. "Let me take a look while I'm here," he decided. "I can't seem to promise where I might be, in minutes after and then at least I'll have tried and talking about scheduling it would take as much time as having a look."

"Very well, thank you Adley."
Narim said and smiles.
"Yes I know these last few days have been insane for us all, and for you and your Cabal more than most I reckon."
The Master of the Art said and sigh and then he moves out of the way so you can get to the radiator unhindered.

"You as well; thank you Narim," he said, smiling at him. His polite manners made him feel somehow better, even if thing were as chaotic seeming as ever. He gave him a short bow and then set over to see the Primus.

You leave Narim's office and walk to George's chambers. As usual the ancient mage opens the door before you have had the time to knock, as if he knew the younger Hermetic would come to see him.
"Mr Roth Hicks, please come in."
Master Steelhaven said in a pleasant tone of voice and moved to let the young Flambeau into his living room.
"What can I do for you young man?"

(OOC: If you are checking the radiator in Narim's office please make a simple Arete roll for that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:47 pm

"Very well, thank you Adley." Narim said and smiles. "Yes I know these last few days have been insane for us all, and for you and your Cabal more than most I reckon." The Master of the Art said and sigh and then he moves out of the way so you can get to the radiator unhindered.

"Please put some of the other items together so I can look at them as a set. I want to see if there is anything between them as well..." Then he set to work instead examining the batch for any traces of spiritual or primal resonances, any traces that something had happened that he could detect...though it occurred to him that ars temporalis might easily have been involved. Still, nothing to do but what he was capable of and so he set himself to that, the air filling with words.

"Mr Roth Hicks, please come in." Master Steelhaven said in a pleasant tone of voice and moved to let the young Flambeau into his living room. "What can I do for you young man?"

"I would like you to take a witness account, much as you did for Beatrice; once you see it, you will understand Primus. Narim said he will see you shortly about it as well, though I would like you to have this account while it is still fresh," he explained, once inside and the door closed.

// Adley's Arete roll for the Spirit and Prime scan is 7, 6

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:09 pm

"Please put some of the other items together so I can look at them as a set. I want to see if there is anything between them as well..." Then he set to work instead examining the batch for any traces of spiritual or primal resonances, any traces that something had happened that he could detect...though it occurred to him that ars temporalis might easily have been involved. Still, nothing to do but what he was capable of and so he set himself to that, the air filling with words.

Narim nodded he found several phone batteries, some cables and a keyboard and put them on a table near the radiator.
"This should be most of it."
The Virtual Adept said as he found the dead Nephandus' strange device an put that in the pile with the rest of the ruined electronics.

You find nothing wrong when it comes on Quintessence low among the items but you do sense a spiritual presence or...well it is hard to say, it is a spirit there you think but it is unlike any other spirit you have ever felt or communicated with as if it is not the same as other Umbroods, you half feel it's presence and half not, if you had not been looking closely at the energies and spiritual nature of the broken items you would probably not have noticed it. The spirit do not feel threatening or malevolent but it was extremely Entropic and it would make sense that it's destructive Resonance could break down electronics and other items around it.
"Do you see anything Adley?"
Narim asked in a curious tone of voice.
"I have examined the items with Prime but found nothing out of the ordinary then."

"I would like you to take a witness account, much as you did for Beatrice; once you see it, you will understand Primus. Narim said he will see you shortly about it as well, though I would like you to have this account while it is still fresh," he explained, once inside and the door closed.

"It seams my old mentor's rote have found much use of late."
George said and gave a fond smile as if he remembered his teacher for a moment then he indicated a chair.
"Do sit down Mr Roth Hicks I will get parchment and ink. There are some tea in the pot on the table if you would like some."
The Deacon Primus said and pointed to the table where a blue porcelain teapot as well as a couple of unused cups stood in addition to what must be the cup the old mage currently used. Chantry members where in and out of the Primus' chambers so he usually had some tea and cups ready.

George came over to the table and sat down with a little sigh and suddenly he looked old for just a moment before he again appeared like a fairly young man, he poured some tea in his own cup and in a fresh one for you if you indicated that he wanted some then he poured ink into his own cup and swallowed the liquid down.
"Just relax and think about your account in as much detail as you can Mr Roth Hicks."
The old mage said kindly and he carefully placed his hand against the side of your head, remembering how you had tensed when he had touched you last time he did this, then he put his other hand on the parchment and ink begun bleeding out of his fingers forming words in your own handwriting on the thick, whitish parchment. George frowned as he looked down on the words that where forming under his hand.
"This is most serious."
He muttered.
"I will need to call a meeting of Steelhaven's Deacons to discuss this matter as soon as possible."
The ancient mage was clearly troubled by what he was seeing and once the witness account was taken he removed his hand from your head and wiped his other hand on a napkin.
"I am glad you saved young Miss Marcov's life though but if there is corruption in the heart of Lux Itineris, then we are all in even greater danger than we previously assumed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Colin made mental notes of the more powerful-looking or just plainly interesting glyphs and symbols on the way. As he reached the door to the tass storage, he swallowed hard for a moment, and pondered, then tried to place a second effect in the monocle, next to the other. "Lux medeis obvolvere," he mumbled, trying to darken the lens for the glow of Quintessence.

((OOC: Basically, still a Prime 1 effect - adjusting the "brightness" of the Prime Sight lens, much like those glasses that darken in bright light. Arete rolls are 8, 9, 9 and 7, 8, 0... Dayum, I'm using up all my good Arete rolls outside of combat, for coincidental effects. Razz Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:29 pm

His eyes narrowed as he worked, as if he were trying to discern something out of the corner of his eye, like looking at something just in his peripheral vision. "Yes...there is...and is not...something there of a spiritual nature. As if it were half-there almost...but it is of an entropic nature. Not outright malignant I do not think, as it stands anyway but the nature of it would be sufficient to break things in its presence, I would say. It is not easy for me to see it... I would take care with these items in conjunction with anything else until someone can banish it properly. That might include your pocket realms...if you're putting everything 'in one spot' then that spot might be subject to its presence. Cita might be able to help with that, while the Chief is resting. I would be concerned that if I tried to request it to away it might just move onto something else and chasing down something like this would be a time-waster - but I would try to take care of it soon and have all your devices looked over carefully," he suggested. "And how it got in here, well that is a matter of concern as well, Narim."

"It seams my old mentor's rote have found much use of late." George said and gave a fond smile as if he remembered his teacher for a moment then he indicated a chair. "Do sit down Mr Roth Hicks I will get parchment and ink. There are some tea in the pot on the table if you would like some."

Adley did not respond the same way he had the first time. He knew what to expect and moreover, his concern for what was going on overrode his sense of needing to preserve boundaries. He did not take any of the tea though, having just had some and declined politely. "No thank you."

"This is most serious." He muttered. "I will need to call a meeting of Steelhaven's Deacons to discuss this matter as soon as possible."
The ancient mage was clearly troubled by what he was seeing and once the witness account was taken he removed his hand from your head and wiped his other hand on a napkin. "I am glad you saved young Miss Marcov's life though but if there is corruption in the heart of Lux Itineris, then we are all in even greater danger than we previously assumed."

"Yes, but I would speak with Narim about this first; forgive me I did not know if you were available. We had a conversation just previous and turned over some of the implications, such as keeping Mrs Marcov's presence here on a need to know basis in order to protect her and other matters of security. The Chief required rest after this, as it had been some while, but I am sure that he will want to be caught up straight away when he wakes."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:52 pm

Colin you manage to adjust your effect so that you see less of the raw power behind you and manage to get the brightness of the Tass down to manageable levels where you can see more than just brightness. You reach for the door and enter a small room. The room had shelves along each wall though they where far from filled, there where two boxes of carefully packaged, milk white crystals. The Node was a darkened bit of ground, a scar from a magickal battle that had been fought long ago and for some reason when this building had been erected as a school for affluent young ladies that piece of ground had been left untouched in a locked room in the basement, every now and again these crystals grew on the walls of that room an those crystals where full of tass. The tass's resonance was Dynamic in nature and there might be thrifty five or so drams of it packed away in boxes here for when it was needed. None of it looked out of place, you see flame dance around the crystals that is all.

Other than the Tass you see a few talismans on the shelves, two swords that both looked Entropic, and old sextant which was clearly static, several boxes of herbs, tinctures and other ingredients for potions and rituals which had versus Resonances and a strongly Dynamic, dusty old book. None of what was here where corrupted in the least.

His eyes narrowed as he worked, as if he were trying to discern something out of the corner of his eye, like looking at something just in his peripheral vision. "Yes...there is...and is not...something there of a spiritual nature. As if it were half-there almost...but it is of an entropic nature. Not outright malignant I do not think, as it stands anyway but the nature of it would be sufficient to break things in its presence, I would say. It is not easy for me to see it... I would take care with these items in conjunction with anything else until someone can banish it properly.

"Hum...a Umbrood then, I wonder why our wards did not stop it or at least alert us to it's presence."
Narim said then he nodded.
"Thank you Adley, I will isolate those items and then ask Jeffry to look into it when he becomes available, your mentor have always been skilled with spirits, perhaps he can banish my new friend for me before it can cause further mischief."

That might include your pocket realms...if you're putting everything 'in one spot' then that spot might be subject to its presence. Cita might be able to help with that, while the Chief is resting.

"Hum yes...well I can ask Master Telar I just do not want to take her away from her patients, but I will ask her if she have the time and if not wait for your mentor to be available an ask him, it do not seam like this spirit is a immediate threat then but it's elusiveness do worry me. I have a somewhat Technocratic if you will, view on the Sphere of Spirits so that I do not see it is not strange but that the protections on this Chantry have not picked it up are of a greater worry."
Narim said in a slightly concerned tone of voice.
"In either case I owe you a favor Adley for at least discovering the cause of my malfunctioning equipment, I do take it as a point of pride to have my tools in perfect order and I do not like it when they fail on me for no apparent reason. It is frustrating."

I would be concerned that if I tried to request it to away it might just move onto something else and chasing down something like this would be a time-waster - but I would try to take care of it soon and have all your devices looked over carefully," he suggested. "And how it got in here, well that is a matter of concern as well, Narim."

"Yes well I can put the broken equipment in one spot in one of my pocket realms and see if that will keep my new roommate occupied, and yes I do tend to have it taken care of as soon as possible, and I would like to know how it got here and why, but yes I guess that are questions that will have to wait until I can get someone to have a proper look at the spirit and figure out what it is."

"Yes, but I would speak with Narim about this first; forgive me I did not know if you were available. We had a conversation just previous and turned over some of the implications, such as keeping Mrs Marcov's presence here on a need to know basis in order to protect her and other matters of security. The Chief required rest after this, as it had been some while, but I am sure that he will want to be caught up straight away when he wakes."

"Hum...very well then I will have a talk with Narim about this first, if he know more about it and have already gone over some of the possibilities that will save time. I also agree we need to keep Miss Marcov's presence here on a need to know basis for now. Which reminds me how are her injuries now?"
The ancient mage asked then he nodded.
"Yes your mentor have a tendency to over work himself, he always have. If he is getting some rest now then that is something he sorely needs."
George said and nodded.
"Thank you for brining this to my attention young man."
The Deacon said and gave you a smile before he filled himself a new cup of tea and gulped some down to wash away the taste of ink.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Colin sighed with relief, gave the swords a hairy eyeball, and very carefully picked up the old book, fished up his handkerchief and very gently brushed off the dust, trying to find a title on the front or the spine. "At least that's not tampered with, that's good. As expected, but still good. Now, I wonder what this is, since it's in storage here instead of the library..."

((OOC: Ooops, we brought home Schroedinger's Gremlin - the destructive machine spirit that's there and not there? Razz Also, Colin's not going to *open* the book unless it seems safe, and even then not more than crack open the cover to find the title page. He's curious, but not completely reckless; a book stored here is probably stored here for a good reason, after all. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:20 pm

"Hum...a Umbrood then, I wonder why our wards did not stop it or at least alert us to it's presence." Narim said then he nodded. "Thank you Adley, I will isolate those items and then ask Jeffry to look into it when he becomes available, your mentor have always been skilled with spirits, perhaps he can banish my new friend for me before it can cause further mischief."

"That would be good...even so I would take care...I cannot tell you much more. I'm not familiar with this type of umbrood, I''m not sure if I'm explaining adequately."

"Hum yes...well I can ask Master Telar I just do not want to take her away from her patients, but I will ask her if she have the time and if not wait for your mentor to be available an ask him, it do not seam like this spirit is a immediate threat then but it's elusiveness do worry me. I have a somewhat Technocratic if you will, view on the Sphere of Spirits so that I do not see it is not strange but that the protections on this Chantry have not picked it up are of a greater worry."

"I wouldn't be sure...if it becomes stronger, then it might be. Or, it might allow other spirits in, since it is here, with conjunction with other spheres. But yes, it concerns me that it came in without notice...perhaps it followed one of us through somehow I don't know but our wards should be checked."

"In either case I owe you a favor Adley for at least discovering the cause of my malfunctioning equipment, I do take it as a point of pride to have my tools in perfect order and I do not like it when they fail on me for no apparent reason. It is frustrating."

"You do not owe me anything Narim. I am helping to protect the chantry and you need your tools to do the same. And anyway, I rather think I owe you, not the other way around." He stood back up and then looked at him. "At least we have an idea what it is so we can take care of it."

"Yes well I can put the broken equipment in one spot in one of my pocket realms and see if that will keep my new roommate occupied, and yes I do tend to have it taken care of as soon as possible, and I would like to know how it got here and why, but yes I guess that are questions that will have to wait until I can get someone to have a proper look at the spirit and figure out what it is."

"I'm sorry that I can't tell you more or banish it...it's troubling that it is here at all."

"Hum...very well then I will have a talk with Narim about this first, if he know more about it and have already gone over some of the possibilities that will save time. I also agree we need to keep Miss Marcov's presence here on a need to know basis for now. Which reminds me how are her injuries now?"

"She was healed save for the whipping, thankfully. Someone had tried to heal them before and so they will need further care and antibiotics, at least until she is stronger. I wonder who that was..."

George said and nodded. "Thank you for brining this to my attention young man."

"Certainly, Primus. I would like my pater to see the full account, of course. If there is anything more then please do let me know how I can assist." He stood back up. "There are several things to attend to, unfortunately and I'm sure with this news you'll be more busy than ever."

// lol Schrodinger's gremlin xD. Careful, you never know when you might accidently Necronomicon Ex-Mortis ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:49 pm

Colin:

Colin sighed with relief, gave the swords a hairy eyeball, and very carefully picked up the old book, fished up his handkerchief and very gently brushed off the dust, trying to find a title on the front or the spine. "At least that's not tampered with, that's good. As expected, but still good. Now, I wonder what this is, since it's in storage here instead of the library..."

The book have no title, it is large, heavy and bound in red leather with yellowed pages that once was gilded. It is not much more that you can say about it, it is just an old, dusty book but it do look to be a talisman of some sort though and Quintessence swirl inside of it, however the book do not appear to be corrupted it is Dynamic and Static you notice.

Adley:

"That would be good...even so I would take care...I cannot tell you much more. I'm not familiar with this type of umbrood, I''m not sure if I'm explaining adequately."

"I think I understand, you are saying there is something spiritual there that do not appear like other spirits? Well that can be almost anything then. And yes I will be careful around it thank you."
Narim said as he glanced in the direction of the pile of broken equipment without seeing much.

"I wouldn't be sure...if it becomes stronger, then it might be. Or, it might allow other spirits in, since it is here, with conjunction with other spheres. But yes, it concerns me that it came in without notice...perhaps it followed one of us through somehow I don't know but our wards should be checked."

"I will ask Mr Terach to check our wards until your mentor become available, and yes you are right I should probably speak with Master Telar, this entity should be dealt with sooner rather than later."
Narim said and nodded.
"You where going to speak with her about the little spider Umbroods? If so could you ask her if she have time to come and have a look at our guest once she is done, though again I do not want to take away time from her patients."

"You do not owe me anything Narim. I am helping to protect the chantry and you need your tools to do the same. And anyway, I rather think I owe you, not the other way around." He stood back up and then looked at him. "At least we have an idea what it is so we can take care of it."

"Well returning a favor is a gesture of politeness and I do like to be polite and you have helped me out."
The Virtual Adept said and smiles.
"Yes we do now have an idea of what the problem is, which means we are well on our way to solving it, hopefully this is simply some spirit that is at the wrong place and one of our members with more knowledge of Umbroods than me can help it back where it belongs. I mean it nothing ill, but I can not have it here breaking my equipment."

"I'm sorry that I can't tell you more or banish it...it's troubling that it is here at all."

"Yes it is troubling indeed. You however have been of great help and I am sure I can get someone to deal with the problem, now we just need to make sure other Spirits can not just wander in here."

"She was healed save for the whipping, thankfully. Someone had tried to heal them before and so they will need further care and antibiotics, at least until she is stronger. I wonder who that was..."

George nodded he sipped his tea.
"It is good that she is better at least."
The he got a concerned look in his eyes.
"I hate to say it but the one who healed her enough to set her wounds probably wanted her out of the way, it is a simple enough thing to do, to do a healing rote weak enough that it will do no good but still set the target's life patterns preventing others from healing them, cruel yes but most effective."
The Ancient mage said and bridged his fingers.
"Something is rotten in this Tribunal."

"Certainly, Primus. I would like my pater to see the full account, of course. If there is anything more then please do let me know how I can assist." He stood back up. "There are several things to attend to, unfortunately and I'm sure with this news you'll be more busy than ever."

"Yes off course I will make sure Jeffry get to see it."
George said as he stood to walk you to the door.
"Yes I suspect we will all be busy today and you are correct with these news there are things I must attend to indeed."
The old mage said and for a moment he looked old and tired again before he again appeared young.
"The same to you please come back to see me if there is anything you need Mr Roth Hicks."
The kindly old mage said.

(OOC: Well Call of Cthulhu players know that strange old books it is best to run from. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:12 am

Colin gently placed the old book back, and took out his monocle, smoothly severing the effect to rub gently at his eyeball. "Oh, dear, I'm getting something of a headache... Not doing that again for a bit."
With a soft sigh, he walked out of the room again, and firmly closed the door behind him, before heading over to Gloria's cell.

((OOC: Well, Colin's never played Call of Cthulhu. He's read his Lovecraft, though, as well as several of the other authors in that particular circle. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:34 am

"I think I understand, you are saying there is something spiritual there that do not appear like other spirits? Well that can be almost anything then. And yes I will be careful around it thank you."

"Not like others I've seen, though I have recently encountered a different type of entropic spirit, an outsider spirit, something that should not have been here. Quite nasty...it had a tendency to...bring out the worst thoughts within a person, just by its presence." He frowned.

"You where going to speak with her about the little spider Umbroods? If so could you ask her if she have time to come and have a look at our guest once she is done, though again I do not want to take away time from her patients."

"I will do so, yes," he agreed.

"Well returning a favor is a gesture of politeness and I do like to be polite and you have helped me out." The Virtual Adept said and smiles.

"Then I will consider a small part of my debt to you to have been settled, if you wish," he said. "However I do not see this outside my own duties."

"Yes we do now have an idea of what the problem is, which means we are well on our way to solving it, hopefully this is simply some spirit that is at the wrong place and one of our members with more knowledge of Umbroods than me can help it back where it belongs. I mean it nothing ill, but I can not have it here breaking my equipment."

"Certainly not."

"I hate to say it but the one who healed her enough to set her wounds probably wanted her out of the way, it is a simple enough thing to do, to do a healing rote weak enough that it will do no good but still set the target's life patterns preventing others from healing them, cruel yes but most effective." The Ancient mage said and bridged his fingers. "Something is rotten in this Tribunal."

"My pater was quite cautious in this matter; he did not name anyone specifically even after he came back, though he did not hear all of the account as I did. But yes, it is very troubling indeed," he said with a frown.

"The same to you please come back to see me if there is anything you need Mr Roth Hicks." The kindly old mage said.

"I will do so," he said, as he was dismissed. Then he went to go see if Cita had a moment to speak with him, checking her room first then that of her patients.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum