Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:03 am

Colin nodded to Hildegaard, "That would be excellent, Ma'am. Thank you."

The Chorister nodded and begun to walk towards the bedroom.
"I will get the pictures right away Mr Wainwright."

He turned to Adjan again, "Yes, I'm well aware - Stewards of Fate, not of Death. I admit, I understand it a bit further than that, too; Initiate of Entropy, with a preference for the Fate and Chance aspects. Oh, I understand enough of the... other aspect to use it with some finesse, as well, I just find it personally unpleasant. It's an admirable dedication your Order has, to posit yourselves in the balance like that; I can't honestly say I would have the endurance for it in the long run."

"No one have the endurance for it in the long run Mr Wainwright, not without loosing a part of oneself."
Adjan said his eyes darkening for a moment then he sigh.
"Your kind words for my Tradition are appreciated though many think us nothing but murderers and assassins, but we are neither, we take lives to maintain balance...but even so it is a heavy duty to bare, and when it becomes easy, than is the point when you are that imbalance that needs to be removed. Very few Euthanatoi grow to become old men."
The death magus said, then he shook his head.
"But ehm...yes that is not your problem Mr Wainwright...so you study the ways of fate? A most interesting part of reality that, I doubt we share a Paradigm, but let me know if you need any pointers anytime."

He frowned at the windows, "Reap the Man Body, eh? Which means Mr. Bergen quite indubitably had guests here... Which means... Excuse me for a moment..."

"Yes he definitively do...ah yes off course take your time."
Adjan said politely.

Colin turned away and fished up his phone, tapping out a message to Narim, "Mr. Bergen's windows had defenses well above his ability. He must have had guests in his apartment; do we have a record of any visitors he might have entertained?"

You get a message back from Narim.
"Yes there are probably some lists of visitors, but we have been generally open, I will dig around and see what I can find."
Just as soon as you get that message your phone rings and you see that it is from Adley.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:32 am

Colin nodded to Adjan, "I just might take you up on that offer... Ah, excuse me, yes, Adley?"
Colin arched an eyebrow as he answered the phone, wondering what the heck could be this urgent...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Adjan nodded to your acceptance of his offer then he went back to keeping watch, until this apartment had been properly searched he would not let anyone who did not have business in it near it. As you stand there on the phone with Adley you see Hildegaard come back from the bedroom, she have two framed photographs with her, both was of a sweet looking young girl, the girl had jaw length, red hair, bright green eyes, in one she was holding up a fish she had caught to the camera and in the other she appeared to be dressed om some sort of national dress with white bows in her hair. Hildegaard just handed you the pictures and said nothing as she saw you where on the phone.

(OOC: Lisa Larson kicking party, I think the sleepers might need an explanation as to why all of Boston should be kicking a little Swedish woman.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Kyle looked rather frightened but he nodded. "Don't let them all get killed..." He muttered.

He nodded, reaching out towards him to give him a pat on the shoulder. 'Don't let them all get killed,'...why were the simplest sounding things bound to be so damned difficult?

"We can...but chances are that she will activate the ball the moment she feel threatened or even that she have it on a dead man's handle, she seam to be fond of those."

He accepted that as a real possibility and moved on to the next issue. "How are we going to find her?"

"I am not coming up with to many ideas either mea filus, and thank you, but I know we have to do something, anything we can not let all those Sleepers die because of our war...we just can not." Jeffry said and looked at you for a moment. "I do know I do not have to order you Adley...but I also want you to know you have the choice not to go."

"If you think I'm best used with you on this mission, that I will not be a liability, then I will go," he repeated. What else could he do? Yes, he wanted to protect the chantry that would never stop being a feeling he had, a desire - and if he'd been ordered to stay and do that he would have. Equally true, he was exhausted in ways he didn't even understand, but so was everyone and that couldn't be the only deciding factor, unless he was making mistakes.

Ah, excuse me, yes, Adley?" Colin arched an eyebrow as he answered the phone

"We need you back in the Chambers. Right now. Hurry," he said shortly.

"Miss Larson...do you think there is any chance can can talk this June down over the phone? I do not want to put her in danger, not while she is in our custody..."

"I don't know. It could go either way, I think...she could blame us in the end, or maybe it would help. I do think if anyone, she would listen to her...unless whatever they did to her has corrupted even that." With that he fell quiet as they came toward the busier areas of the chantry.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:39 pm

He nodded, reaching out towards him to give him a pat on the shoulder. 'Don't let them all get killed,'...why were the simplest sounding things bound to be so damned difficult?

Kyle looks up at you for a moment and give you a bit of an encouraging smile, though it was clear that he was pretty upset over what he had just heard.
"Don't you get killed either."
He muttered.

He accepted that as a real possibility and moved on to the next issue. "How are we going to find her?"

"Scry for corruption and if that do not work, scry with her name, unless you have a better idea...and if all else fails try to get Narim to find her phone..."
Jeffry said and grimaced in distaste.

"If you think I'm best used with you on this mission, that I will not be a liability, then I will go," he repeated. What else could he do? Yes, he wanted to protect the chantry that would never stop being a feeling he had, a desire - and if he'd been ordered to stay and do that he would have. Equally true, he was exhausted in ways he didn't even understand, but so was everyone and that couldn't be the only deciding factor, unless he was making mistakes.

"If I thought you would be a liability I would not bring you, I am brining you for two reasons, you know my Paradigm and have one hell of an Avatar so if we need to contain the blast you will be very useful as an assistant...and you know what this woman look like and can spot her, that and I trust you Adley, if I tell you to take someone with you and run, then I know you will do just that. You have also spoken with this Nephandus before and talked her down, that give us the best shot we have, that you or Colin can manage to talk her down."

"I don't know. It could go either way, I think...she could blame us in the end, or maybe it would help. I do think if anyone, she would listen to her...unless whatever they did to her has corrupted even that." With that he fell quiet as they came toward the busier areas of the chantry.

"It could go either way...it might give June a heads up as well and have her detonate the ball earlier, damnation..."
Jeffry muttered.
"We should probably include her though as it is a chance she can stop June."
The old mage stopped one of those you and him walk pass, Henrietta Day.
"Miss Day, please go and collect Miss Larson, tell her I have sent for her so it is ok to leave her room and the wards I have placed on it and bring her to the Council chambers, quickly Miss Day...quickly."
When a Flambeau tell you to run...you run and Henrietta meerly nodded before she turned and sprinted towards Hannah's room to do as she was told.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Colin accepted the photos and frowned at his phone. "Well, that sounded urgent... I have to go. Thank you again, Madame Gottschalk, and I will likely see you later, Mr. Terach."
He ran back up to the Council Chamber, and damn the torpedoes.

((OOC: Why would the sleepers need an explanation? The Mind 3-equivalent of a "Kick Me" note taped to her back while she's under the serum should do. And then the Technocrats would eventually notice her, see what she is, and feed her to a machine. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Kyle looks up at you for a moment and give you a bit of an encouraging smile, though it was clear that he was pretty upset over what he had just heard. "Don't you get killed either." He muttered

Time to put on the brave face in front of the apprentice...then he was walking upstairs, trying to shake the feeling that he'd just been kicked in the head, without having been touched.

"Scry for corruption and if that do not work, scry with her name, unless you have a better idea...and if all else fails try to get Narim to find her phone..." Jeffry said and grimaced in distaste.

"Not right now...not yet."

"If I thought you would be a liability I would not bring you...

"Yes, sir."

"Miss Day, please go and collect Miss Larson, tell her I have sent for her so it is ok to leave her room and the wards I have placed on it and bring her to the Council chambers, quickly Miss Day...quickly."

Well that settled that...mentally he crossed his fingers and focused on his avatar's willingness to fight - this would be one, for certain, with many lives on the line even if it were not the sort of battle necessarily won at gunpoint.

// all I have to say is - Boston airport and surrounding is confusing enough as it is without any additional impromptu (de)construction...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Colin:

"Off course Mr Wainwright."
Hildegaard give you and odd and slightly worried look as you hurry off towards the Council chambers but she do not say anything.

On the way to the Council chambers you see Adley and Jeffry both are moving at some speed.
"Mr Wainwright good...come with us into the chambers themselves."
The old Hermetic said though he waited until you where inside of the Council chambers before he gave a very short explanation of what was going on.
"The Nephandi is sending Diego's tortured apprentice, a woman that spared Adley's life yesterday, with a in effect magickal bomb to take out the Umbra port, this will result in the airport and several nearby blocks being destroyed as well, we do not know if she have the effect on a dead man's handle...I want you to come with us to the airport to try ti find her and stop her...however I will not order you to put your life in danger. I do need a reply immediately however."
The old Hermetic said and looked at you.

Adley:

"Not right now...not yet."

"Let me know if you get any ideas..."
He said as he hurried through the corridors.

Well that settled that...mentally he crossed his fingers and focused on his avatar's willingness to fight - this would be one, for certain, with many lives on the line even if it were not the sort of battle necessarily won at gunpoint.

Shortly after you and Colin have entered the Council chambers Hannah come running together with Henrietta.
"Thank you Miss day."
Your mentor say before he close the door behind Hannah, the Orphan looks confused.
"What is wrong?"
She asked.
"What have happened?"

(OOC: A ball of abysmal flame would not make Logan's more confusing it would make it into a glass surfaced crater.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Colin strafed into the room and spent a couple of seconds catching his breath while Morgan summed up the situation, "You could try stopping me... When do we... Leave?"
He straightened up and took a deep breath, steadying himself, "How long do we have to... Oh, hello, Miss Day, Miss Larson. My compliments to you pugilistic skills, Miss Day."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Henrietta looks at Colin and grins.
"Well thank you Mr Wainwright."
She said and smiles.
"It do seam like Master Morgan want me out the door though so I will have to talk with you later."
The hedge wizard said before she left.

Jeffry checked his watch.
"We have less than thirty minutes Mr Wainwright and thank you, I appreciate your help, you have proved to have a knack for talking others into and out of things so perhaps you can talk this Nephandus down."
He said then he added.
"And I am sorry for cutting your complimenting Miss Day short but we do not have the time right now and I do not want this information to spread beyond these chambers before we have dealt with this situation."
The old Hermetic said.

Hannah looks at Jeffry, then at Adley and at Colin.
"What on earth is going on...oh and yes hello Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:01 pm

Colin grimaced, "Thirty minutes... Teleportation, then? No way of getting there in time by car... So, are we going straight from here to the Umbral docks, or do we go in two steps?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:14 pm

"I will make a portal"
Narim said, he had not gotten a proper explanation himself yet, he did not need it from what little he had heard he knew it was urgent.
"It will be two steps, I am not secure enough in my abilities with the spirit world to risk teleporting you right into a pocket realm, the way I understand it Adley here can testify how wrong that can go, and Cita is better than me in that regard, only Archmagi can safely teleport from flesh to spirit and back. I have seen my mentor do it many a time, but then again he is Desmond Collingworth or as he is better known Dante...and I can not hope to copy his effects so I will send you right outside the gateway to the Umbra docks and Jeffry will take you from there."
The young Master of the Art said as he tapped a few commands on his mobile phone.
"The portal is ready when the lot of you are."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:24 pm

Colin nodded, "Right. Before we go, does the Umbral dock have the same security theater as the TSA offers, or is it quite alright to be armed?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:29 pm

"You can be armed but since it is unofficial natural ground with the Union, do not draw your weapon or make threatening moves without a good reason, remember Mr Wainwright mundane weapons are useful tools...but we as mages...we are the weapons, disallowing a gun on a ship full of Masters of the Art would make little sense."
Narim explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:38 pm

Colin nodded, "I would never draw my weapon unless I were prepared to immediately use it, as I am certain Mr. Bergen can attest to - I only asked since I should like to know in advance whether it would be confiscated on arrival."
He smiled, "Misunderstandings with the bureaucracy are such an insufferance, after all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:53 pm

"Then I would say having a weapon with you is a good idea, many of the others and especially the Technocrats will be armed."
Narim said.
"It was a sensible question though, and some Umbra ships might not allow weapons, that is up to the captains of that ship but the Umbral docks do not have such a policy."
The Virtual Adept gave a little smile.
"Yes indeed we should avoid such misunderstandings.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:00 pm

(OOC: Well we are at 50 pages again so time for a new IC thread. Here is the summery of this thread, I hope I have not forgotten anything since I am still visiting my mom for Christmas so I have not had the time to check everything.

Adley, Jeffry, Colin and Narim is very concerned about what Lux Itineris' treatment of Nico means, after all the rebis seeing Vittoria D'Angelo tampering with Alphonse's longevity potions means there might be several mages of their allies Chantry that they can not trust.

Colin gets a bit of a shock when a Mercere show up with documents for Jeffry telling the old mage that he have inherited a Umbra shuttle just like in his Seeking. There is trouble with a Cult of Ecstasy member of the Chantry, Ulv Bergen who is an ass to everyone he considers inferior to himself, hedge wizards, prisoners, Mercere and so on, things turn to a boil when he hits Henrietta Day and scares young Raymond when he is put on guard duty for the boy. Jeffry orders Ulv Bergen arrested for hitting Henrietta.

Jeffry takes Raymond as his apprentice and rename him Kyle. When Ulv is arrested suddenly there are scream from the third floor and it is discovered that a island creature from Horizon is loose up there. Jeffry, Adley and a few of the others handle the creature and Adley saves Beatrice and the Mercere. Micah is devastated since his Avatar was eaten by such creatures but Adley do manage to calm him down. Everyone from the third floor seek refuge in the common room.

Colin knocks Ulv Bergen out since it is clear that he have something to do with the island creature, he takes him to Harold Danbrock to get help in binding the Cultist's powers. A phone is found in Ulv Bergen's possession and on it are a message conversation where it becomes clear that he have placed the island creature in the Mercere's room to try to drive Micah to suicide which would lead to the death of Susannah as well, he hoped the creature would eat Beatrice's weakened Avatar, he also hoped that Raymond would get so scared by his threats that he would take his own life, he even hid a knife in the boy's cell. Jeffry orders the widderslainte to hide in the Node room as it is the safest place in the Chantry until everything is figured out as it is clear someone have it in for them.

Ulv Bergen is interrogated it becomes clear that someone have his daughter Liv, an Awakened girl apprenticed by a Hermetic named Boz, the kidnappers are threatening to have Liv turned into a vampire unless Ulv do their bidding, other than that Ulv is not willing to talk, he do mention that there is something rotten in the Janissary, he says nothing more about it though.

Adley, Colin, Jeffry and Narim have a bit of a strategy meeting for how to save Liv Bergen. Ravenblood Dawn do a rote with Ulv's blood and finds out that he have a child in Chicago. Some more discussion continues but the group just do not know enough yet to come up with a good plan. The discussion go to the Nephandi and Colin suggests using gas to erode the fleshy part of the labyrinth to create confusion, something Jeffry think is a good idea. Narim say he have found a conversation in the Dragon's Tongue as background noise on Ulv's phone and Adley and Jeffry go to ask Raymond to translate, and then they plan to ask Hannah what the name of the Caul is. A strategy meeting is planned a few minutes later.

Kyle do translate the background conversation and it becomes clear that the Nephandi are planning to use a ball of abysmal flame on the Umbra port, and create an explosion bad enough that it also will take out Logan's airport. Adley and Jeffry rush to stop the Nephandi's plan but they only have half an hour to do so and their only possible boon in the situation is that the one sent to detonate the bomb is June, Diego's tortured apprentice, perhaps she can be talked into not following the orders of her fellow Nephandi.

Tane get a call from Coawa who have saved a werespider who might know something about the fomori they are after and together they bring the creature the blood she needs to recover. The werespider, Alessa say that she is after her sister Agatha who have joined with the Fomori and forsaken their queen. Alessa want to kill Agatha. Alessa stays with Tane and Coawa and the next day she agree to stay with the Node while Tane go in to Steelhaven to live there. He also gets a phone call from Narim who is calling on behalf of Amadeus who want to talk with him.

Amadeus seams to know Susannah from somewhere and he seams shocked to see her. Tobias is doing poorly and Cita worry that the young Orphan will not make it.

Great job with the thread everyone. Adley, Colin and Tane get 3 exp each for this thread.

Happy gaming and happy New Years.

Here is the link to the new IC thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t69-june-in-autumn-sinister-plans-and-chicago-ic-thread-7#5033 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30