Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Adley Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:59 am

"I...fine...it is Yfantá fotiá, Woven Fire..." The young woman said then she looked down. "Damned it, now if that is used against her and she is captured I will have a life of June's Avatar on my conscience, I hate this fucking war!"

He nodded, looking over at his mentor. He hoped that it helped him to find her. His House was supposed to relish battles, at least that was how it was supposed to look to others. But nothing about these last few days had been anything other than grim.

""Why...if i had been shown this last night perhaps I could have saved her...perhaps I could...have done something...You and I are going to have words assuming we survive this..." Hannah said

"Why? Because she wanted you to be happy and live through this and so did I; she had a chance not to go back, to escape. You may give me all your Words, assuming we live to hear them but know that I didn't want her to be tortured for what happened between us." There wasn't time to say anything else, he just shoved the phone in his pocket. Maybe not the best time to hear news like that, but when would it ever be? Yes, he hated this war too, what it did to people...

Jeffry nods and you and the pair of you hurry towards the large sphere of roots...

He frowned, looking cautiously around for signs of whomever had killed or maimed the Verbena, anyone about to take aim on them. Why would this man be dead? And why hadn't anyone noticed yet...nothing was adding up.

Adley

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:38 am

He nodded, looking over at his mentor. He hoped that it helped him to find her. His House was supposed to relish battles, at least that was how it was supposed to look to others. But nothing about these last few days had been anything other than grim.

Jeffry just nodded, he knew what Hannah had given him, and with it probably sealed June's fate for even if the Nephandus ran now, he could find her, his Umbrood friends could locate her and eventually she would be caught. The old mage whispered something in Enochian to a Umbrood that was which him, probably "Poodle" as the little imp was rarely far from it's Master.
"Yfantá fotiá, find her..."

"Why? Because she wanted you to be happy and live through this and so did I; she had a chance not to go back, to escape. You may give me all your Words, assuming we live to hear them but know that I didn't want her to be tortured for what happened between us." There wasn't time to say anything else, he just shoved the phone in his pocket. Maybe not the best time to hear news like that, but when would it ever be? Yes, he hated this war too, what it did to people...

"I...I just wanted to protect her Adley, just like I wanted to protect Felix...but in the end I can not protect anyone, can not help anyone and it seams like everyone I love is..."
Hannah sigh and shook her head, this was not the time for this.
"Let us just deal with the issue at hand and then...if we are alive, ah fuck I do not know what to do then either, let us just go an save some lives."
The Orphan muttered before she hurried after Colin.

He frowned, looking cautiously around for signs of whomever had killed or maimed the Verbena, anyone about to take aim on them. Why would this man be dead? And why hadn't anyone noticed yet...nothing was adding up.

Jeffry cautiously moved towards the man on the ground, looking around, he bent down and felt for a pulse.
"He is alive but have a nasty bump on his head."
The old Hermetic said, he was about to say something else but then the hatch...if you could call it that, to the Verbena ship opened, several of the roots fulling apart and creating and opening and a dark haired woman dressed in glaringly colored flowing robed with a small boy of perhaps eight who was dressed in similarly eye popping colors came sprinting out of the ship as if fleeing for their lives.
"Come...Fernando run!"
The woman shouts to the small boy, the child was crying bun kept on his feet and ran beside the woman. As the dark haired female saw you and your mentor and the man on the ground she stopped and released her grip on the small, blond boy's hand and told him.
"Run Fernando, you will get to a place with benches and kiosks...right over there, stay there and I will come and we will get out of here."
Then she ran towards the man on the ground and knelt down next to him and quickly looked at the bruise on his head.
"I do not know if you two are Traditionalist or Technocrat Sirs, but please help me, it will take some time to heal this man, there is a offensive rote at the Umbra docks, this whole place will go sky high, please help me get this man to safety."
The woman said as she looked up at you and your mentor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:40 am

Colin got into a steady run; thankful for the regular morning practice now, "Miss Larson, please try to keep up, if you can; if not, I'll be waiting at the entrance; there should be a map there..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:10 pm

"I will try."
Hannah said and she ran as well, she was not as fit as you but she did manage to keep up fairly well,even in high heels, indicating that she was ridiculously used to wearing them. As you near the entrance to the main building you see a small group of people, one was a pretty woman in her 40's with long curly copper colored hair in a ponytail, she was wearing rough pants that looked like they would fit in a workshop and a white tshirt, she was pointing and directing two men that was wearing slick, plain gray uniforms and something that had to be a HIT Mark, a huge man with a shaved head wearing blue jeans and a tshirt.
"Go around to the boarding area for the Technomagickal ships Clive, you should be able to see it from there, me and Francis will go around from the front, I have put the rest of security on alert...oh and take 37-5912B here with you for protection, if I see you outside of this dock I will gladly put a bullet in your head but right here I be damned if you get hurt on my watch Technocrat...go..."
The woman said and one of the uniformed men and his hulking friend turned to begin to walk off towards some part of the main building.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:46 pm

Colin halted next to the redheaded woman and lowered his voice, to avoid panicking any bystanders nearby, "Pardon me, ma'am, but are you perchance trying to prevent a large, um, event from happening? Possibly involving the... rather wrong thing upstairs?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:06 pm

The woman turned to look at Colin and raised an eyebrow.
"I am not really sure what we are trying to prevent or that there is anything wrong at all Sir, however we got a warning phone call from Chantry Steelhaven some time ago warning us not not let any more ships dock for now and then we noticed something corrupted in the middle of our docking hall...do you know anything else about this?"
The red haired woman said as her eyes sized you up as if to try to determine who you where and what you had to do with all of this.
"For now we are just checking things out just to be sure."
She said.

There was not allot of bystanders, the Umbral docks where large because the real world location it was modeled after was large, but while mages did come here from surrounding cities in quite a radius to travel to other worlds very few cities had more than one hundred magi of each faction, and most had far less so the number who would be at the Umbral docks at any given time was limited. You see a older woman walking out of the main building and a Mercere sitting on a bench eating what looked like a beg of roasted chestnuts as well as another person, this time a woman dressed in the same gray uniform as Clive and Frances stopping just outside the main building to check something on her tablet computer, other than that there was no one else immediately around.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Colin nodded, "Less than I should like to, ma'am, but I'm trying to stop it. Which is the shortest way to the docking hall?"
He looked toward the building, "It appears a powerful Nephandus has been making a bomb, of sorts... we've got to find and stop the trigger."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:00 pm

"A bomb? Are you sure?"
The copper haired woman said sounding a bit alarmed.
"And what sort of bomb?"
The woman asked then she looked a bit skeptical.
"You should stay away Sir I am head of the Boston Umbra Dock's security team, you should not put yourself in harm's way, and who are you anyway?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Colin grimaced, "I believe the term was 'abyssal fireball'. And while your crews no doubt have the ability to locate and dismantle it, I'm afraid - with all due respect - you don't have a chance at stopping the one chased out to sacrifice herself to detonate it... we, however, do. As for who I am, suffice to say we're on the same team here and now."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:44 pm

"A ball of abyssal flame? Are you sure? Fuck...that is just what we need."
The copper haired woman said.
"We might be able to evacuate the Umbral dock, but if it is a ball...then oh heavens...the airport...it will kill thousands..."
The woman said and paled.
"Locating it yes, we can locate it but such a rote, due to it's nature is not easy to dismantle...but where do you have this information from Mr...ehm?"
Then she sigh.
"Fine follow me I will take you to the docking hall, but who is this woman you are talking about?"
The copper haired woman say as she and Frances begins to move and she motions for you and Hannah to follow her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:58 pm

Colin nodded grimly, "Suffice to say, I can't reveal the source. However, my... associates and I have been fighting the Nephandi infestation recently, taking prisoners, denying them key resources and personnel, and thwarting their plans in general... We got this," he thumbed toward the building, "from the recovered evidence, and lucky we did, too."
He cast a glance at Hannah, "As for names, you can call us... John Steed and Emma Peel, for want of something better."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:18 pm

"Yes I have heard that there are some trouble with Nephandi in Boston, even us that live in the nearby smaller cities are worried about it."
The copper haired woman said.
"Now normally I would not let someone who would not give me their names help out with an operation but given our Technocratic friends here it is understandable. I am Lori Birmar bani Sons of Ether."
The woman said as she lead the way.

You get into a large building, it seams to be sectioned in two and be mostly hollow, along the walls where ticket offices, storage areas, shops, offices and waiting rooms. One side of the hall appeared allot more mystical, there where arcane symbols on the walls and floors and the ship that was docked down at the first floor looked like a 1700's sail boat. The other side was more sterile and practical, it had no ships in dock but you see machinery and computers embedded in the walls.
"The disturbance we sensed is over there Mr ehm...Steed."
Lori said and pointed towards the technomagickal section of the huge hall.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Colin smiled, "A wise general precaution... seeing as you did not immediately identify your allegiance, either. That said, I'm with Steelhaven; an Orphan in residence. I'll give you my card afterwards, if you like."
He looked up where Lori pointed and squinted through his monocle. "So, that spot is visible from pretty much everywhere in the hall, is it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:15 pm

"I would like that, to have your card to know who I am dealing with."
Lori said as she walked.
"And yes it is a wise precaution."
The Etherite nodded.
"Yes you can see it there, right over at the cargo area of the technomagickal side of the hall."
Lori said she pointed and yes you can see the Resonance there now, destructive, wrong and massive.
"Should we check it out?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:19 pm

Colin frowned, reached into his pocket and tore the note neatly in two, and then those pieces in half. "I think we had best not touch it... At least, not anyone who can't match the power of the guy who made that thing."
He looked over at Hannah with a wry smile, "So, ah, Mrs. Peel, where would you think June might be?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:42 pm

There was a slight...vibration in the air as the magick of the note activated and Lori gave you a questioning look then she sigh.
"No we should not touch it and probably not get to close but we have to do something."
Hannah glanced in the direction of the Resonance.
"We should check if she is there where the ball is but she could have gone somewhere else to hide until she is ready to activate it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:54 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, she probably would be lurking someplace close... somewhere she can see inbound and outbound traffic, probably, and with a decent view of the floor here."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:12 pm

"Yes...either that or somewhere she can find Quintessence to use to defend herself if need be..."
Hannah said and sigh.
"She can probably feel if someone go close to the ball and can activate it, if it is a hanging spell handed to her than activating it will just take the blink of an eye..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:19 pm

but in the end I can not protect anyone, can not help anyone and it seams like everyone I love is..." Hannah sigh and shook her head, this was not the time for this. "Let us just deal with the issue at hand and then...if we are alive, ah fuck I do not know what to do then either, let us just go an save some lives.

"Yes, let's go save some lives..." Damn...damn damn....

Jeffry cautiously moved towards the man on the ground, looking around, he bent down and felt for a pulse. "He is alive but have a nasty bump on his head."

Adley took a moment to work up his rote to sense spirits, just in case there was more happening with the ship than he could understand. "What about the ball, is it here?" he asked, just before a tumble of people came out of the ship.

"I do not know if you two are Traditionalist or Technocrat Sirs, but please help me, it will take some time to heal this man, there is a offensive rote at the Umbra docks, this whole place will go sky high, please help me get this man to safety."

"What happened to him?" he asked. This still wasn't adding up. He looked at the ship, trying to find the source of the Qlippothic taint or some trace of June. Trying seeing if this was a ruse to slow them down or collateral damage as part of their plan, something they could use to find the spell. He felt a sinking feeling as the woman begged for their help. If the place went up there wasn't going to be time to save him anyway, unless they could manage to get out of the regio and even then it might get them. That was the horrible truth of it. But they couldn't stop to save just one man, though maybe they could find him some help along the way...He looked at the Chief,  a grim expression on his face.

// Sp 1 : 6,0 - Sense spirits.  

BTW - I'll be busy at work like I was yesterday, because I'm getting ready to take some vaca time (yay) and it's New Years Eve, so I will be busy later but will post as I can so I don't slow you guys down too much. Happy New Year!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:54 pm

Adley took a moment to work up his rote to sense spirits, just in case there was more happening with the ship than he could understand. "What about the ball, is it here?" he asked, just before a tumble of people came out of the ship.

"I...do not know...but as close as we are now...I do not think so, Ignem is my specialty and I do not sense...what the hell?"
The old Hermetic said as a opening appeared in the mass of roots and two people came rushing out.

"What happened to him?" he asked. This still wasn't adding up. He looked at the ship, trying to find the source of the Qlippothic taint or some trace of June. Trying seeing if this was a ruse to slow them down or collateral damage as part of their plan, something they could use to find the spell.

"A woman Sir, she cam rushing in here...it was just me and my apprentice in the ship and...Matt...ehm Matthias Glover from Chantry Riverside where working on repairs for our ship on the outside of it, the rest of our party is in the main building getting something to eat...that woman must have gotten to Matt out here before she came into the ship...she...she was after our tass, she blocked of my magick and told me to take my apprentice and run for she was blowing the place up...please Sir...help my Tradition brother."
The woman said, she sounded quite frightened.

Jeffry looked at the brightly dressed woman.
"Is the woman you saw still inside your ship Ma'am, and was it a tall, Asian woman with one bad eye?"
He asked and the Verbena nodded.
"Y...yes..."
She said nervously.
Your mentor nodded.
"Ma'am...take your apprentice and run, get out of the Umbra and as far away as you can...if we can we will help Mr Glover but right now we have to focus on stopping this catastrophe from happening, you however have a duty to that little boy, so run!"
The Verbena woman looked hesitant.
"I can not leave Matt like this..."
Jeffry raised his voice and looked straight at the woman.
"If I and my team can not stop this...we all die, but you have a chance to save your apprentice if you run...so run NOW!"
With that the Verbena woman ran...as fast as she could towards her young apprentice and the entrance to the regio.

You do feel spirits around, in fact the Verbena ship is part spirit, there are Umbroods everywhere but you notice none that are out of the ordinary, you see "Poodle" on his way into the ship looking for June as he was told, the little imp turns to you and grins before he continue with his task.

Jeffry suddenly looks towards the main building.
"Mr Wainwright just ripped up the note I gave him, either he is in trouble or he have found something."
He announced then he glanced at the ship.
"If Miss Summers are in there...we need to talk with her, but if we just rush in we might scare her..."

(OOC: Vacation time is good. Do not worry about it, post when you can, no stress. And Happy new Years to both of you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Colin grimaced, and tore the note a few more times, reducing it to tiny pieces. Then, he fished out his Chaos Wand and drew a circle in the air over the fragments, mumbling a quick incantation in some fairly crude Latin naming Hannah Larson and June Summers, and threw the fragments into the air, to let them fall in a vaguely arrow-like shape pointing in the right direction.

((OOC: That's an Entropy 2 on an Entropy 1 effect; to make the little bits of paper randomly fall to indicate where we need to get Hannah Larson quickly. Arete roll: 4, 9, 9 + WP, since this Has To Work, Fast.))

OOC 2: Edit: Awshit, running low on Willpower again. Razz
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:51 pm

The little pieces of paper flutter slightly then fall in a rough arrow pattern pointing towards the field with the odd, ship made of trees and roots. Hannah glances at your arrow.
"And what do this mean Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
"Is it the direction we have to go? Are we not checking out the disturbance in the docking area to see if June is there?"

(OOC: Colin do like to spend his willpower.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Colin grimaced and scraped up the bits of paper, pocketing his wand and fishing out a business card, "Bugger... seems she is at the huge shrub after all... We best get over there right away; I'm not sure how well the Chief can talk her down, and I don't think we can do anything about the bomb... Miss Birmar, here's my card... I would recommend an evacuation attempt, if possible. Right now, we have an abuse victim to stop from detonating that thing."
Colin gave Lori a quick bow, then started out the door again, "Why is it always so much running?"

((OOC: So he does. He needs to get some back soon. Preferably some rest before we go for the Labyrinth. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Hannah glanced in the direction of the Verbena ship.
"Hum...it is a good enough strategy place the ball in a fairly central location and then find a place to hide until you are ready to detonate it, and I guess that mass of shrubbery is as good a hiding place as any, and if it is a Umbra ship, then there will be allot of tass in there."
The young woman said then she sigh.
"I am not so sure if the Chief can talk her down either, Adley though do tend to be good with people, but I should get there...perhaps I can talk her into not doing this."
Hannah shook her head.
"I at least can do nothing about the ball of abysmal flame...we better get going then."
The Orphan said and begun to walk towards the exit of the main building again after she had given Lori a slight nod.

Lori glanced at your card and nods.
"Thank you...we will try to evacuate the Umbra docks, but I can not promise anything."
She said then she signaled to Frances.
"Ok let us get going, we need to get people out of here...hurry we do not have much time."
The Son of Ether said and gave you a polite nod before she started ordered her men around.

Hannah runs beside you out of the building.
"Perhaps the universe think you need to loose a few pounds."
She said with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:34 pm

"A woman Sir, she came rushing in here...

Damn...His pater told the poor Verbena to get the hell clear of the place with her apprentice and he had to agree. There wasn't anything she could do, and maybe just maybe she might clear it if...but no, they had to stop her.

Jeffry suddenly looks towards the main building. "Mr Wainwright just ripped up the note I gave him, either he is in trouble or he have found something." He announced then he glanced at the ship. "If Miss Summers are in there...we need to talk with her, but if we just rush in we might scare her..."

"You might want to call your imp back close, all we need is him startling her...it seems as if he's got a trail in there now," he said, watching 'Poodle' carefully. He hoped that Colin and Hannah were alright. "I will tell her that there is someone that wants to talk to her, Hannah. I should not need to go inside, since the door is open now, my voice should carry. Maybe that will pause her hand a moment," he suggested. "We need to get Hannah over here though."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next