Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 30 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Colin grinned, "I don't know about the ones sold in Norway, but when I grew up, there was a Turkish man who owned a specialty shop; food imported from Turkey. He often had Turkish Delights in stock, and would sell little pieces for a couple of pennies apiece to the children in the neighbourhood. A good man; I don't know if he's still around, though - I haven't been back in decades..."

"I guess the ones you can get in specialty stores are good, but the ones you get wrapped in plastic in supermarkets just taste like sugar and nothing else."
The little girl said and made a grimace.
"Perhaps you should go and see your old home again Sir."

He nodded thoughtfully, "I'm familiar with the sort. I've had a few officers like that; stern but just, and unless you had made a dangerous mistake, never raised their voice above normal conversation. In fact, there was one Colonel, I rather suspect he may have been a Mage, in retrospect - when he got angry, his voice became even calmer than before, and you could feel the temperature drop. I saw one man push his luck farther when the Colonel didn't raise his voice... I never saw that soldier again. But a few of the others swore there were traces of actual frost in the area... in the Iraqi summer.

"Many become mages and do not realize it and there is something called ehm...ehm..."
The little girl tapped her nose as she tried to remember.
"A gradual Awakening that is it, that is when someone do not Awaken all at once but slowly become more and more Awake...or perhaps your boss was a mage and just did not tell anyone."
She said and smiles.
"My Master to seldom raise his voice, unless he is watching sports and is cheering on his teams, but you know very well not to cross him...not that he have ever hurt me, some of the others will hit their apprentices but my Master never do, he send me to do chores, boring things and think about my mistakes but he have never hurt me."

As for your father, well... We'll bring you home, and we'll have a word with him. He needs some help in that respect, I think."

"My father is a good man I know there is a good man in him, but he...is just so angry all the time and he think everyone is inferior to him."
Liv said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 30 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Colin nodded, "Perhaps I should go see my parents again... It's been a little awkward, I suppose, since I Awakened, but I guess I ought to do more than write letters telling them I'm doing well... I don't think they would understand if I brought them here and showed them around the Chantry. Might be grounds for some... unpleasantries for everyone."
He smiled, "It's indeed possible that he was gradually coming into his power. He certainly never seemed to notice anything odd about my survival. No matter; I doubt I'd be easily able to locate him nowadays. And he might not want the attention."
He frowned, "Your father is... temperamental and arrogant; whether that is something he was taught by his Mentor, or something that came natural to him, I can't say, but I'm afraid that he'll someday have to face the consequences of that mindset. I only hope, for both of your sakes, that it will not be too harsh..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:37 pm

Colin nodded, "Perhaps I should go see my parents again... It's been a little awkward, I suppose, since I Awakened, but I guess I ought to do more than write letters telling them I'm doing well... I don't think they would understand if I brought them here and showed them around the Chantry. Might be grounds for some... unpleasantries for everyone."

"I do not have sleeper family members so I do not have that problem Sir, but I know that for many of my friends that is a problem, that their parents just do not understand what it is like to be a mage."
She said and nodded.
"I can see how it can be awkward, but then perhaps your parents really want to see you?"
Liv suggested.

He smiled, "It's indeed possible that he was gradually coming into his power. He certainly never seemed to notice anything odd about my survival. No matter; I doubt I'd be easily able to locate him nowadays. And he might not want the attention."

Liv just nodded at that.

He frowned, "Your father is... temperamental and arrogant; whether that is something he was taught by his Mentor, or something that came natural to him, I can't say, but I'm afraid that he'll someday have to face the consequences of that mindset. I only hope, for both of your sakes, that it will not be too harsh..."

The little girl nodded and looked down and seamed sad.
"I hope so to Sir, I worry for my father so much that he will one day piss off the wrong person..."
She said in a serious tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Colin nodded, "I shall have to see about a small vacation trip, once the current issues are dealt with. First, though, I have to help save Boston, and make a trip to Horizon. Oh, that is right..."
He turned to Anita, "I suddenly remembered, would you be a darling and find Cara Willis, of House Criamon? Her apprentice Meg had a picture for me. Miss Willis kept it to meditate upon while we were out saving miss Bergen here, in case she could see some clarification of the motive while I was out. If she hasn't discerned anything, that is perfectly fine, too, but I think I ought to have the picture to contemplate for myself."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Colin nodded, "I shall have to see about a small vacation trip, once the current issues are dealt with. First, though, I have to help save Boston, and make a trip to Horizon. Oh, that is right..."

"Save Boston, is it in danger?"
Liv asked sounding concerned.

He turned to Anita, "I suddenly remembered, would you be a darling and find Cara Willis, of House Criamon? Her apprentice Meg had a picture for me. Miss Willis kept it to meditate upon while we were out saving miss Bergen here, in case she could see some clarification of the motive while I was out. If she hasn't discerned anything, that is perfectly fine, too, but I think I ought to have the picture to contemplate for myself."

Anita stood and nodded.
"Sure no problem."
She said the young apprentice was probably getting bored of the conversation in Latin that she could bearly follow anyway.
"Meg is my roommate, I will find Cara for you."
She said and then she weaved to Liv and the little Janissary waved back before Anita ran out of the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:25 pm

"Well then I will give your group some privacy Mr Roth Hicks, do you require anything else?" The tall slender hedge wizard asked.
"I have had a pot of coffee sent up, it should be in the shelf over there, I thought your group might need it." Joakim said and pointed at a large pot of coffee and some white mugs that stood in the bookshelf.

"Thank you again. There are two more things, the spirit entity that was left behind. We requested some assistance with it, as we could not banish it. And one of my colleagues has taken some corrupted tass that needs to be dealt with, I thought you should know it was on the premises temporarily. I also have the prisoner's tools, if you should have need of them. May I have your phone number in case I need to call you directly?" he requested.

He took the cup of coffee from Fran. "Thank you." He stood up to fetch some sugar to add to it.

"Yeah well it should not take to long...but still why would a guy who risk everything to get away from Boston be getting calls from a loony bin in well Boston?" Freddy said and held out the boy's phone to Adley and pointed at the number in question.

"That is very strange, indeed," he agreed, taking the phone and looking at the number. "Who would he risk calling when he was trying to get out of the city, so desperate he asked help from a cyborg? Good work Freddy, perhaps it is something useful, though I do not know what it could be, not yet." He took a sip of the coffee.

"Liv is with Colin and she is safe, he sent me to get some fresh clothes to Francesca." Freddy said. "I have not called the Chief at least, I can if you want me to, but since he is your mentor I assumed you would do it.

He nodded. "Good. Alright, well let's get the story straight between us and figure out some options, then call in. I have a contact that I need to call soon to move on something with us and I'd rather not show up empty handed, as it were. I'll explain further when we're all here."

Then he looked over at Francesca and Adjan, with a frown on his face. "I believe you were both there when the subject of torturing one of our prisoners came up. We decided not to take that path, though we might have found out something useful. Having already been accused of being severe with our current prisoner, I would like your input on the matter while we wait. The reasoning for me leaving her bound and blindfolded, unable to hear could be nothing more than paranoia. I do not pretend that I am not more tired than I ever have been and that now I have a personal state in matters in addition to the rest but..." He shook his head. "I got the feeling that she was learning more about us than vice versa. That said, these measures are reversible and though disorienting should not present much harm for a short duration. Torturing someone for information, or attempting to remove information by force with ars mens on the other hand, I do not want to even consider unless there are no other options. But we need to know where Abigail is...and if we want the help that I have managed to procure, it would be best to know before I make that call to my contact after dark falls."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:09 pm

Adley:

"Thank you again. There are two more things, the spirit entity that was left behind. We requested some assistance with it, as we could not banish it. And one of my colleagues has taken some corrupted tass that needs to be dealt with, I thought you should know it was on the premises temporarily. I also have the prisoner's tools, if you should have need of them. May I have your phone number in case I need to call you directly?" he requested.

"We have already sent someone to deal with the spirit that was left behind after your fight Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Ah yes, we have a safe room for storage of magickal items if you wish to use it for the corrupted tass, if not then just be careful with it. Yes the Nephandus' tools might be useful, I would like to have them until we can deliver her to Horizon."
He said then he took a small note book from his pocket and scribbled down a phone number.
"Yes certainly, I can be reached at this number Mr Roth Hicks."
He said and tore loose the page from the note book and handed it to you.

He took the cup of coffee from Fran. "Thank you." He stood up to fetch some sugar to add to it.

Francesca nodded. You found a glass bowl filled with sugar cubes in the shelf that Fran had taken the coffee from.

"That is very strange, indeed," he agreed, taking the phone and looking at the number. "Who would he risk calling when he was trying to get out of the city, so desperate he asked help from a cyborg? Good work Freddy, perhaps it is something useful, though I do not know what it could be, not yet." He took a sip of the coffee.

"Well this was an incoming call rather than a call he himself made, so it might have been someone calling with a warning or something but even so it is most odd."
Freddy said and glanced at the phone.
"Well it was just a irregularity, it might be nothing but I thought I would mention it. In either case I should probably go and get Colin."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled a little at the praise for her work.

He nodded. "Good. Alright, well let's get the story straight between us and figure out some options, then call in. I have a contact that I need to call soon to move on something with us and I'd rather not show up empty handed, as it were. I'll explain further when we're all here."

Freddy just nodded at that then she hurried out of the room to go and get Colin.

Then he looked over at Francesca and Adjan, with a frown on his face. "I believe you were both there when the subject of torturing one of our prisoners came up. We decided not to take that path, though we might have found out something useful. Having already been accused of being severe with our current prisoner, I would like your input on the matter while we wait.

Adjan sigh and leaned back in his seat, he accepted a cup of coffee that Francesca filled for him.
"The question of torture is always a hard one, how far is to far to go with a prisoner."
He said before he sipped his coffee.
"On one side we want to make sure that in dealing with the Nephandi we do not become like them, on the other hand we are in a situation where we are quite frankly backed into a corner and if this prisoner of ours knows something that can help us we need that information and she do not seam willing to part with what she knows willingly, if we had some way of taking...ehm you know what of the table as a reward for her cooperation we might get her to talk but since we can not I do not see that we have any other option than to try to force the information out of her."
The Euthanatos said. Francesca nodded.
"Torture is not a good way to get information, eventually given enough pain anyone will talk to make it stop, but whatever or not they give truthful information that is another matter, you can just look at the confessions from the witch hunts of Europe to see just what someone would be willing to say under duress...however sometimes you are in the situation where it is the only option to get information and the question is then...do we do something morally wrong, to be able to do something right?"
She said and sigh.

The reasoning for me leaving her bound and blindfolded, unable to hear could be nothing more than paranoia. I do not pretend that I am not more tired than I ever have been and that now I have a personal state in matters in addition to the rest but..." He shook his head. "I got the feeling that she was learning more about us than vice versa.

"I agree with your reasoning my friend."
Adjan said and nodded.
"The woman was learning more about us than we did about her and we do not know what her capabilities are, keeping her like that over a long period of time might be a problem but currently the only part of her restraints that are painful are the thin thread binding her fingers and that can be loosened later. No if the cell is secure then it will not matter that much what she learns but for now I do not see that blindfolding her is a problem."
He said calmly.

That said, these measures are reversible and though disorienting should not present much harm for a short duration. Torturing someone for information, or attempting to remove information by force with ars mens on the other hand, I do not want to even consider unless there are no other options. But we need to know where Abigail is...and if we want the help that I have managed to procure, it would be best to know before I make that call to my contact after dark falls."

"I would not recommend using magick to rip the information from her mind, I know many mages boobytrap their minds for that very reason."
Francesca warned and Adjan nodded.
"The way I see it we have three options to try to get information from this woman."
He said and crossed each option off on his long, bony fingers.
"We lie and try to convince her we can spare her from Gilgul, if she believe us, she might talk, however there is always a pretty big chance that she will not believe what we are saying and then we stand on even weaker grounds when it comes to her than if we where never caught in a lie."
Adjan said then continued.
"We can torture her, since we need the information fast though and we are talking about a Nephandus who are likely somewhat used to pain that means being extremely brutal about it, just slapping her around will not help. If we had time we could use sleep and sensory deprivation but there is no time for that meaning we have to overwhelm her with raw pain and hope her will break before her mind or body do so she is willing to speak to make it stop, however in that case we are talking about broken bones, seared flesh and well it will be a brutal, bloody affair and the stain of such an action will never leave our souls."
The Euthanatos continued.
"The third option is the scare the living shit out of her and try to get her to talk to not carry out said threats, that will be less brutal and more likely to get reliable information but is also harder to make work."

Colin:

As you sat there talking with Liv and waiting for Anita go find Care Willis you hear the door open and Freddy steps in.
"Adley have called a general meeting to discuss what we are going to do now and especially about our prisoner love."
She said.
"Ehm...let us find some of the Chantry members of Morningstar to watch over Miss Bergen while we go and attend the little pow wow."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:17 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Danger, well, yes - but nothing we cannot manage... In fact, rescuing you was a part of that. You were to be sold as a favour for a favour. We managed to prevent that. And we saved your Avatar, your Scroll in the process. And most importantly," he flicked a fingertip down Liv's nose with a grin, "we saved you."
Colin lit up a little as Freddy came through the door, "Ah, good; I was rather waiting for that... Er, Anita, the girl who brought the clothes, ran out on a little errand for me, to retrieve the picture I got from Meg, the Criamon Apprentice. I'm sure she could watch over her new friend while we're at the meeting, unless you would rather someone older and stronger stand guard?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:35 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Danger, well, yes - but nothing we cannot manage... In fact, rescuing you was a part of that. You were to be sold as a favour for a favour. We managed to prevent that.

"It makes me angry that someone would sell me as if I where a thing, it makes me very angry, the next time I see those people I am going to kick them very hard."
Liv muttered and pouted.

And we saved your Avatar, your Scroll in the process. And most importantly," he flicked a fingertip down Liv's nose with a grin, "we saved you."

The little girl smiled up at the Orphan.
"Thank you."
She said and then she hugged him for a moment before letting him go.
"Sorry..."
She muttered, she was trying so hard not to show that she had been scared, to behave in a way that would impress her teacher but at the heart of it she was just a child who had been held captive and while she was not harmed she knew very well she could have been.

Colin lit up a little as Freddy came through the door, "Ah, good; I was rather waiting for that... Er, Anita, the girl who brought the clothes, ran out on a little errand for me, to retrieve the picture I got from Meg, the Criamon Apprentice. I'm sure she could watch over her new friend while we're at the meeting, unless you would rather someone older and stronger stand guard?"

Freddy nodded and gave first Colin and then Liv a little smile.
"I think that should be fine, after all we are at a large, powerful Chantry. If you go up to the third floor, the seventh room on the right...the right corridor as well then you might be able to add more to the discussion about tactics and what to do with a prisoner than me, and I will stay here with Liv until this Anita comes back."
Freddy offered.
"I should have some translation software on my phone so I can talk with her...badly but still talk with her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Colin smiled and hugged her back, lightly, "It's quite all right, dear. It is perfectly fine to acknowledge fear, so long as you learn to master it. Those who accept their fear and recognize it as a real thing are better able to overcome it. This is true whether the fear is of a real thing or something imaginary. And for a Mage, it could easily be both."
He gave Freddy a grin, "Google Translate is a bit suspicious for conversations, you know..." He nodded, "Right, bring the picture, and any notes attached, please. I'll see you there - and give me a call if something should happen."
He turned to Liv again, "Well, I need to go to a meeting; another of those tedious adult things. I'll see you in a little bit."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:00 pm

Colin smiled and hugged her back, lightly, "It's quite all right, dear. It is perfectly fine to acknowledge fear, so long as you learn to master it. Those who accept their fear and recognize it as a real thing are better able to overcome it. This is true whether the fear is of a real thing or something imaginary. And for a Mage, it could easily be both."

Liv nodded and smiled.
"My Master say the same things. I think you would be a good teacher for someone one day Sir."
The little mage said she seamed more determined but still rather scared.

He gave Freddy a grin, "Google Translate is a bit suspicious for conversations, you know..."

"Oh yes, I have seen some of the things translated into Germen, it get funny at times, but it is better than nothing, and between a little English and google translate I am sure we will get by for a little bit."
The Virtual Adept said.

He nodded, "Right, bring the picture, and any notes attached, please. I'll see you there - and give me a call if something should happen."

"Will do."
Freddy said and nodded.
"I will head over to the meeting as soon as I can.

He turned to Liv again, "Well, I need to go to a meeting; another of those tedious adult things. I'll see you in a little bit."

Liv nodded and smiled.
"Ok I will see you then Sir."
She said and sat down on the carpet again as Freddy smiles to the girl.
"Well I do not speak Latin but I am sure we will make do."
She said to the little girl, who clearly did not understand her but she nodded anyway and smiled at least she understood that Freddy was friendly and would watch over her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:52 pm

Colin smiled to Liv, "Perhaps so, perhaps so... Not before I gain a few more ranks under my belt, though."
He scratched his chin, turning to the door, "Oh, and miss Bergen, I'm afraid Freddy here does not speak Latin well... but she will use her telephone to translate, or try to do so. Don't make too much fun of her, would you? If possible... see if you can find a common language?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:35 pm

"We have already sent someone to deal with the spirit that was left behind after your fight Mr Roth Hicks."Joakim said and nodded.

"Good...though that area, there is much danger, I wish we had been able to dispatch it but I will welcome when your people come back safely."

"Ah yes, we have a safe room for storage of magickal items if you wish to use it for the corrupted tass, if not then just be careful with it. Yes the Nephandus' tools might be useful, I would like to have them until we can deliver her to Horizon." He said then he took a small note book from his pocket and scribbled down a phone number. "Yes certainly, I can be reached at this number Mr Roth Hicks."

"I will tell him the room is available when he gets here. As for the tools, I may need them to determine where she has been, it depends, but if not I will turn them over to you as soon as I know. The point of the samples was to see if we could find where she has been recently, if there are patterns we might determine from that. If you happen to know of anyone that could make use of such, or have another idea, that would be appreciated." If not, well they would try to figure something out. He took the number, read it twice and then added the number to his notebook with another obscure marking as to whom it belonged to. Then he added the paper to the small pile he had to get rid of as soon as he could.

"Well this was an incoming call rather than a call he himself made, so it might have been someone calling with a warning or something but even so it is most odd." Freddy said and glanced at the phone. "Well it was just a irregularity, it might be nothing but I thought I would mention it. In either case I should probably go and get Colin."

"An incoming call...I wonder if from someone he knew on the staff, or a patient."

"...do we do something morally wrong, to be able to do something right?"...She said and sigh

"That is the crux of it. Though I have heard there are ways of seeing if someone is being truthful or not. There is also the fact that torture is a skill, not one that I have much experience with directly. In a fight, my objective is clear enough and the application of force from reading a situation is different than in a situation such as that. Aside from the matter of virtue, which I do not discount, there is the pragmatic concern it will not yield anything much and waste our time."

"I agree with your reasoning my friend." Adjan said and nodded. "The woman was learning more about us than we did about her...

"She troubled me, the way she watched me as I wrote things down. Understandably she is afraid; I too would be observant and aware, ready to get out if I could, yet..." He shook his head, still not quite able to determine if it was paranoia (even then, understandably, given all that had occurred in the week) or a gut feeling. Erring on the side of caution, as it were. There was something else too, that caught his attention. Adjan said he was his friend. Well...after this week, what they'd been through he thought that was true, as well.

"I would not recommend using magick to rip the information from her mind, I know many mages boobytrap their minds for that very reason." Francesca warned

"That is true," he agreed. "And anything in the mind of a dedicated Nephandi like her, I cannot say I would like to touch with my mind even if I could do so."

"The way I see it we have three options to try to get information from this woman." He said and crossed each option off on his long, bony fingers...

Adley watched as he spoke, counting off the main branches of what might happen if they took that particular course and their potential impacts as he saw them. It was not a decision all up to him, he knew but it was important to know where he would stand on it. Some things it was hard to know without being in the moment and this was one of those. "There are also different compounds that could be used, if anyone had any available. The first point I do not think will work, simply as we have already told her twice and she knows what will happen. The second...I honestly do not know if I could do that nor do I wish to condone it," he admitted. "And I'm not sure we could do anything worse than what the caul has already done to her, aside from gilgul which she will be facing. Again though I am less experienced in these matters than the Chiefs so they are likely to think otherwise. Except for her to live afterward. So the third...she is already afraid but what would anyone fear more than the rite but living through it?" He shook his head again, distressed at having to consider such bleak options.

"I'd rather instill fear, than the other two options of those...though it is hard to be intimidating when I sound like Kermit the frog and harder still to make someone afraid of something else when the most fearsome thing already lay ahead," he said. "And of course, option three can lead to option two." He put the mug down. "Colin has been known to squeeze blood from some dry stones, perhaps he will have another idea. And there is always the fact that the Chief here, or ours, will override my concern. But I did wish to consider it carefully, even given our short time," he said, appreciative of their Words.

Even so, he found himself trying to envision applying such a method and found it disturbing...as it should be, he supposed. Even his pater would not want to do it, but he thought under certain conditions, he would do it. If he felt he had to. If there was not any other choice. But he was not his pater. The problem with thinking there was no other option was that it left very little room to consider another option. He dropped his hands onto his knees and leaned over, allowing himself a few precious moments to try to clear his mind and see what his 'very soul' as Adjan had put it, felt about it, given what it had been through.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:39 am

Richard looks... ."well? I will torture her... but you may not like the results"

(OOC between computer and personal viruses Sad )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:03 am

He looked at Richard. "Aren't you a doctor?" he asked, shaking his head with a frown on his face. "Anyway, what you did to bring her in here was bad enough...I'm still not entirely sure what you were thinking but now she is here and we have to deal with her."

// awe I hope your computer and sick go a away soon Ashan

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:21 am

"yes i am a Doctor, which means i know where her nerves go for maximum pain with minimum intrusion... these creatures deserve it, i was trying to stop the thing that was summoned" Richard states

(OOC thanks man)

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:26 am

Colin:

Colin smiled to Liv, "Perhaps so, perhaps so... Not before I gain a few more ranks under my belt, though."

Liv smiled a little.
"Yes I meant when you where an Adept or more Sir."
She said and nodded.

He scratched his chin, turning to the door, "Oh, and miss Bergen, I'm afraid Freddy here does not speak Latin well... but she will use her telephone to translate, or try to do so. Don't make too much fun of her, would you? If possible... see if you can find a common language?"

The little girl giggled at that.
"I will be good."
She said and nodded.
"I am sure we will find some way to communicate."

Adley and Richard:

"Good...though that area, there is much danger, I wish we had been able to dispatch it but I will welcome when your people come back safely."

"So will I but I have every confidence in the ones I sent went it comes to dealing with spirits."

"I will tell him the room is available when he gets here. As for the tools, I may need them to determine where she has been, it depends, but if not I will turn them over to you as soon as I know.

"Very well, then you should keep them until you are done with them Mr Roth Hicks."

The point of the samples was to see if we could find where she has been recently, if there are patterns we might determine from that. If you happen to know of anyone that could make use of such, or have another idea, that would be appreciated." If not, well they would try to figure something out.

"Several of our Masters have the ability to do so, I will ask one of them to help...I think a few of our Adepts can do it as well."
Joakom said and nodded.

If not, well they would try to figure something out. He took the number, read it twice and then added the number to his notebook with another obscure marking as to whom it belonged to. Then he added the paper to the small pile he had to get rid of as soon as he could.

Joakim looked at Adley then he nodded to himself.
"Very well then, let me know if you need anything else Mr Roth Hicks, you or your group."
He said and turned to leave.

"An incoming call...I wonder if from someone he knew on the staff, or a patient."

"We should ask Colin about it, he spoke with the man, perhaps the tub boy mentioned something to him."
Freddy suggested.

"That is the crux of it. Though I have heard there are ways of seeing if someone is being truthful or not. There is also the fact that torture is a skill, not one that I have much experience with directly. In a fight, my objective is clear enough and the application of force from reading a situation is different than in a situation such as that. Aside from the matter of virtue, which I do not discount, there is the pragmatic concern it will not yield anything much and waste our time."

"Hum...yes there are such methods, the best is probably the Hermetic rote, frosty breath of the spoken lie since it do not directly affect the mind of the one you use it one there is less of a chance of it triggering any potential booby traps as Adjan mentions while it is quite effective, I do not know how to work that rote though."
Freddy said. Adjan nodded.
"I guess any of us can hurt the Nephandus but luckily none of us are really trained to torture, however I have some experience in forcing information out of someone though I have never had to go so far as to actually torture them."
He said.
"I am willing to do it but I do not like the thought of it."

"She troubled me, the way she watched me as I wrote things down. Understandably she is afraid; I too would be observant and aware, ready to get out if I could, yet..." He shook his head, still not quite able to determine if it was paranoia (even then, understandably, given all that had occurred in the week) or a gut feeling.

"We do not know her capabilities for example she might have investments that we do not know about."
Adjan said.
"And I do not know if that cell would stop those, the mouth on her neck is from Paradox I think but the marks on her arms are investment brands I think, not that I can be sure about it, taking precautions are wise."

"That is true," he agreed. "And anything in the mind of a dedicated Nephandi like her, I cannot say I would like to touch with my mind even if I could do so."

Adjan wrinkled his nose in disgust.
"Yes you are certinly right about that Adley."
He said and nodded.

"There are also different compounds that could be used, if anyone had any available. The first point I do not think will work, simply as we have already told her twice and she knows what will happen. The second...I honestly do not know if I could do that nor do I wish to condone it," he admitted.

"I agree about the first point."
Adjan said.
"What compounds are you talking about by the way?"
He asked then he added.
"Now as for torturing the Nephandus, I am willing to do so, but only as a last resort and only if someone is willing to offer her some care afterwards, she is a human being...a mage like us and while she have stepped tremendously wrong and is our enemy...we should never forget that."
The Euthanatos said softly then looked down.

"And I'm not sure we could do anything worse than what the caul has already done to her, aside from gilgul which she will be facing. Again though I am less experienced in these matters than the Chiefs so they are likely to think otherwise. Except for her to live afterward.

"Well it do not work exactly like that, even if you have broken your leg do not mean that smashing your hand in the car door no longer hurt, we do not need to cause her the worst pain she have ever experienced, only enough to force her to talk."
Adjan said and sigh.
"However she is likely to be rather hardened so if we do it, we can not have a soft touch about it, which make it far more difficult for there is a thin line between forcing someone to cooperate and breaking them to the point of just being a blabbering mess we can get nothing out of...or killing her."

So the third...she is already afraid but what would anyone fear more than the rite but living through it?" He shook his head again, distressed at having to consider such bleak options.

"The way I see it we have two threats we can use which might be effective, they would scare the crap out of me at least."
The Euthanatos admitted.
"One is to threaten to force her to live after the rite is done, I mean there is a limit to how long you can keep someone alive but with healing and forcing her to eat she can be kept in that...state for quite some time."
Adjan said and he looked rather pale as he spoke.
"The second option is to...well threaten to harm her Avatar here and now, I am not able to do that, but I am sure someone here is and she is not protected by our laws...she know she will be Gilgulled but the thought of having her Avatar badly hurt before that might scare her enough to speak...but it is not exactly kind threats to make."
The death magus said in a serious tone of voice.

"I'd rather instill fear, than the other two options of those...though it is hard to be intimidating when I sound like Kermit the frog and harder still to make someone afraid of something else when the most fearsome thing already lay ahead," he said. "And of course, option three can lead to option two." He put the mug down.

Adjan nodded at that.
"True..."
He muttered.

He put the mug down. "Colin has been known to squeeze blood from some dry stones, perhaps he will have another idea. And there is always the fact that the Chief here, or ours, will override my concern. But I did wish to consider it carefully, even given our short time," he said, appreciative of their Words.

"I do not like it but yes torture is an option we have to consider given the circumstances."
Francesca agreed.
"Hum...well Mr Wainwright have shown himself to have a remarkable skill in talking others into doing what he want, perhaps his silver tongue can solve our problem."
Adjan said and nodded.
"It is worth considering at least."

He dropped his hands onto his knees and leaned over, allowing himself a few precious moments to try to clear his mind and see what his 'very soul' as Adjan had put it, felt about it, given what it had been through.

You can feel your Avatar inside of you, observing but it did not speak, the shard in it's just anger probably had nothing against torturing the Nephandus for the right course but your Avatar would let you make up your own mind, and take the consequences of it, you feel the normal anger from it, but also sadness, a sadness over the situation and old memories, but that was all you felt from it.

Richard looks... ."well? I will torture her... but you may not like the results"

Francesca looked doubtful.
"But Dr Lee, you are a healer, do you really want that on your conscience?"
She asked.

"yes i am a Doctor, which means i know where her nerves go for maximum pain with minimum intrusion... these creatures deserve it, i was trying to stop the thing that was summoned" Richard states

"No!"
Adjan said, raising his voice a little his gray eyes darkening.
"If we are doing this we are not doing it because she deserve it, we are not sinking to her level, if we are doing it we do it with compassion in our heart and we do it because we have no other choice. When I kill Dr Lee I weep for my victims, but I kill because I have no other choice, it is a thing that have to be done, if we are going to torture this woman, not creature, this woman when we do it because we have no choice and when it is done I will weep for her."
He said darkly then he added.
"And it is not about causing her the most amount of pain, if that was the point while as I said I can not harm her Avatar I can give it a good smack, something which is likely to hurt far more than your pins and needles and her nervous system can do, the point is to force her to talk, not to make her delirious with pain, the main point though is that if we do this, the one who do it need to be able to feel compassion for the prisoner...not look at her as some creature that deserve it, no human...or no creature for that matter deserve to be tortured...even if it might at times be necessary."
The Euthanatos said his eyes on Richard before he sank back into his seat.
"Fuck! I can not believe we are contemplating this."
He muttered sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:31 am

Richard statres back "My apologies, my blood is hot at the thought of the "innocent" these people hurt, and tried to help fall under sway with the girl..... i ABHOR the abuse of a child"

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 am

Adjan looked at the doctor then he nodded.
"I know and it angers me to, what they have done, what they continue to do, it is just that in our anger we must take care not to become like them, for even the most horrid monster usually originally thought they where right, and where only acting on justified anger or for a just cause, many monsters still think so."
The Euthanatos said then he looked away and his voice got even softer.
"Eventually as an Euthanatos get more and more Jhor, killing get more and more easy, eventually we enjoy it and we become nothing but the same as those we remove from the world, I would not want that fate for your Dr Lee."
He muttered sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:34 am

(OOC: Well then we are at 50 pages again and it is time for a new summary of what have happened in this thread. I hope I am not forgetting to much, if I have forgotten something important let me know and I will add it. Thank you for allot of fun gaming this thread guys and as a added bonus Richard is back jay.

Adley, Colin, Richard, Adjan, Freddy and Francesca left for the Chicago mission to try to save Liv Bergen, after some discussion the party get teleported to Chantry Morningstar and are there met by Madeline of of Morningstar's Deacons and Joakim the Security Chief. During the talk with Madeline Adley recognize a picture on her wall and she tell him of her apprentice who was captured by the Nephandus Abigail together with his sister so gave herself to the Cauls to save her brother. When the Traditions got to the Labyrinth the dead apprentice broke his sister's neck to save her from Gilgul, and as a result he was exacted. There is allot that indicate that this dead Sons of Ether is Adley's former incarnation and that the sister is Beatrice. Madeline agree to find the papers and letters her apprentice wrote before his execution so Adley can read them and have them ready for him once he return with Liv.

Madeline give the group access to cars and they are of to the apartment building, before they get going though the strange little Criamon apprentice Meg give Colin a drawing and her mentor Cara agree to try to interpret it for him. The group get to the apartment building and get in, they find the cyborg they are looking for, a man that Colin nicknames Kimble, he have been squatting in the apartment of a hospitalized older woman. Kimble agree to help the group of mages on account of not wanting a child to get hurt. He also tell the group that he had captured a Nephandus earlier in the day, a young man who had been afraid to be sent to the Boston labyrinth and asked for help to escape, instead Kimble broke the boy's fingers to keep him from working magick and tied him up.

Colin and Richard go to talk with the Nephandus and he tell them how many guards are up in Nicolai's apartment, he also say that the reason he so desperately did not want to go to Boston was that he had gotten a strange phone call from his mentor Martha, the same woman that Ulv had said he had head Abigail and Lisa Larson argue about, the same Nephandus that appear to be missing. Martha had warned her apprentice from going to Boston but then the phone had been taken from her and she had not been heard from again. Due to his cooperation and also because a wounded prisoner would not be easy to deal with right there the mages agree to kill the wounded Nephandus rather than bringing him in, and so Adjan takes care of that.

The party spend some time discussing between themselves how to be get Liv out of Nicolai's apartment, eventually they agree on sending gas into the apartment to get them out of their wards and then attacking them. The group execute the plan more or less, mostly less, by the plan, they manage to get Liv but one of the Nephandi also manage to call on a strange shadow creature that she manifests, repeated attempts at banishing it do not work and worse it eats magick. Richard go in and toss one of the Nephandi out to the creature that immediately starts to eat the Quintessence in her system, he also beats up and takes captive another Nephandus. As for the rest several ghouls get killed in the confrontation but the mages from Steelhaven get out of the situation with just minor injuries. The group drive back to Morningstar after Richard got rid of a tracker implanted in Liv's back. They get some fresh clothes and Adley and Richard takes care of the Nephandus with the help of a Verbena healer named Kristina, the Nephandus is then taken to a cell. The Nephandus had a pouch of corrupted Tass on her and this tass Colin now have and are planning to find a way to deal with safely.

Adley got the prisoner Jodelle Jerkins to a cell with the help of Morningstar's Security Chief and tried to get something out of her, but the Nephandus was unwilling to offer any information willingly so now he have called in to a meeting between the magi visiting from Steelhaven to discuss whatever or not to torture the Nephandus and the moral implications of doing so, none of the magi want to resort to torture but at the same time they need to know where Abigail as and as much as they can about Lisa Larson and her plans.

Tane on Friday bring Lily to Steelhaven and show her around, he also introduce her to several mages and get her familiarized with the various Traditions for when she where to get an mentor and start learning. On Saturday he wakens the spirit of his home a Grandfatherly spirit that agree to look after the Node and also Coawa and Alessa while Tane lives at Steelhaven. Amadeus asks Tane for help since his secondary Avatar seams so interested in Susannah, after some talk they decide to discuss it with Cita if it is possible that Susannah is a potential host for the secondary that Amadeus call the lady in white. Later Tane talks with Cita and convinces her to let him check up on Beatrice, which he do finding that her Avatar is healing nicely. Beatrice tell Tane that she is having dreams about one of the Spirit Masters that hurt her are screaming, Tane takes this to mean he is trying to hurt her though Amadeus is not convinced. Tane also want to build an infirmary down by the Node, none of those he talks to about it seams convinced that is a good idea though. Tane suggests getting the fera to help with the Nephandi and Amadeus agree but he warn that they have to be tactical about their attack.

Tane examines Beatrice's Avatar, which involves manifesting it in smoke for all to see right in front of the two Mercere, something that have less than stellar effect on their state of mind, especially after seeing the Avatar Eater that morning.

Adley, Colin, Richard and Tane get 2 exp each for this thread. Good gaming everyone. Very Happy

Link to the next thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t74-a-difficult-choice-martha-and-missing-widderslaintes-ic-thread-9#6602
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30