Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

5 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 29 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Friday:

Certainly! Please, do!

Saturday:

Rokea, she's all soaked and has a silver cut on the side
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 29 Empty Re: A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 pm

Friday:

Certainly! Please, do!

"I will do so then."
Henrietta said then she continued.
"Now where was I...as yes more of the changers...Bastet, I do not know them very well, they are werecats, strange and mystical, but quick as you would not believe and beautiful...then we have the Rokea but I think you know them better than me, I have ever only seen one."

Saturday:

Rokea, she's all soaked and has a silver cut on the side

"Silver? Shit then someone know what she is...how badly hurt is she? For if it is bad then she should go back to the sea to heal, silver burns do not heal well outside of the shape we where born in."
The wereshark said sounding worried.
"I assume she is not a part of my slew? So a new one then, that is interesting, do you have any idea of what sort of shark she is?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:22 pm

"It's undifferentiated dark, dark that had never and will never see light, without potential for creation, that is different than some primordial states, where the destruction can beget growth." Then he leaned forward towards Adjan as he sounded pained. "Are you alright? Damn...I hate how much everything costs us," he said, frowning. He just wanted it not to be a waste. If anything, he knew there was more cost to come. Someone was going into the room. This girl, Adjan, someone else...he knew there had to be a decisive choice and soon, but it couldn't be one that was made without care. Otherwise, why would he have to make it in the first place? He looked at Molly, sitting next to him, and then at each of his friends in the car that were there with him, sitting with him on the decision. Despite the fact there was still so many other things that needed to happen, and all of it now, he tried to clear out his tired mind. Not waiting for Embra, not exactly or only, but building a path to the decision for who this right one was, or could be. It had settled that the choice was unfair - and that was part of the point about it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:36 pm

"It's undifferentiated dark, dark that had never and will never see light, without potential for creation, that is different than some primordial states, where the destruction can beget growth."

"Hum...yes well the Nephandi have a more twisted view of a primordial state that is true."
Adjan agreed, Molly gave a bit of a smile at what you where saying, and there was a bit of longing in her dark blue eyes.

Then he leaned forward towards Adjan as he sounded pained. "Are you alright? Damn...I hate how much everything costs us," he said, frowning. He just wanted it not to be a waste. If anything, he knew there was more cost to come.

"Yeah I am fine, it is just Paradox...you know the feeling when you get more than just a hint of it at once and it feels like reality is just trying to strangle you where you sit...it is nothing to worry about, I should not have attracted so much that it should be dangerous...not yet."
The death magus said and relaxed his grip on his bone dice and gave a thin smile.
"The cost of being a mage in this day and age, nothing more."
He added.

He looked at Molly, sitting next to him, and then at each of his friends in the car that were there with him, sitting with him on the decision. Despite the fact there was still so many other things that needed to happen, and all of it now, he tried to clear out his tired mind. Not waiting for Embra, not exactly or only, but building a path to the decision for who this right one was, or could be. It had settled that the choice was unfair - and that was part of the point about it.

Molly glanced back, folding her hands in her lap she looked frightened and drawn. As you sit there thinking trying to come to some conclusion you see a flame outside the car, a small, warm light and then you see Embra looking into the car though the window at you. Colin and the rest to would be able to see her now that you where in the spirit world, was in her world. The Umbrood did not speak yet she only glanced in then she lifted one hand and waved at Adley.

Molly looked rather shocked at the elemental.
"Is that...an Umbrood?"
She asked, not needing magick to see her in this place.
"Is she friendly?"

Colin what you see is a roughly humanoid figure made of smoke and flame and had bent down to peer in the window of the car at the mages inside, she...it did look like a she from the way her chest was shaped seamed to be waving in at you, seaming quite amused to find you in the Umbra.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:13 am

Friday:

Well, rokea are simpler than others: they fight their enemy, they are strong and they prevail. In their minds, little else has enough importance to mind them. IN any case, they are great friends and strong allies.

Saturday:

She is not like you, she's not cold at all... and it's not reeeeeal bad, but maybe she's lost or maybe there's a guy with silver in the water so that doesn't seem a good idea.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:18 am

Colin thought quietly about the nature of the Nothingness before everything, as Adley and Adjan discussed it, trying to piece together an explanation for the puzzle and seeing the rough shape of it, at least, filing the different descriptions and explanations alongside various religious descriptions and Fantasy descriptions for later contemplation. When Molly spoke up, he glanced outside and arched an eyebrow, tilting his head slightly to get a better view of the flame spirit.
"...Adley? Is she a friend of yours, or is she just trying to get our attention before setting fire to the car and killing us all?"

((OOC: Ah, Kung Fu game night. Wuz good. Flame Atronach outside the car, perhaps not so good. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:31 am

"Yeah I am fine, it is just Paradox...you know the feeling when you get more than just a hint of it at once and it feels like reality is just trying to strangle you where you sit...it is nothing to worry about, I should not have attracted so much that it should be dangerous...not yet."

He nodded a little, relaxing a little bit now that it did not seem to be anything immediately worse than that. For now.

...The Umbrood did not speak yet she only glanced in then she lifted one hand and waved at Adley.
Molly looked rather shocked at the elemental. "Is that...an Umbrood?" She asked, not needing magick to see her in this place. "Is she friendly?"
"...Adley? Is she a friend of yours, or is she just trying to get our attention before setting fire to the car and killing us all?"

"Yes that is an Umbrood, a fire elemental," he said to Molly, as if this was an expected consequence. "I know her; she is the one I have been waiting for to return. She is wary of mages but so far she has been friendly as I have been in turn. Still, it would not do to insult or taunt her, especially here, on her own turf," he warned. "Excuse me," he said, raising a hand to wave back. Then he opened the door so that he could talk to Embra and see if she had a message to impart. "Greetings; I am glad you have returned safely," he said to her in Enochian.

// sounds like a fun game = )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:02 am

Tane:

Friday:

Well, rokea are simpler than others: they fight their enemy, they are strong and they prevail. In their minds, little else has enough importance to mind them. IN any case, they are great friends and strong allies.

"And they are weresharks right?"
Lily asked.
"As in they turn into actual sharks? It is so hard for me to grasp that such beings actually exist."

Saturday:

She is not like you, she's not cold at all... and it's not reeeeeal bad, but maybe she's lost or maybe there's a guy with silver in the water so that doesn't seem a good idea.

"Hum...strange, most of my kind react badly to cold, well bringing her home then so we can patch her up, to bad she is not someone I can spawn with. Anyway lunch is almost ready so let us see if she will tell us who she is once she have some food in her belly."
Coawa said and you hear him clattering with plates as he set the table.

Adley, Colin and Richard:

"Yes that is an Umbrood, a fire elemental," he said to Molly, as if this was an expected consequence. "I know her; she is the one I have been waiting for to return. She is wary of mages but so far she has been friendly as I have been in turn. Still, it would not do to insult or taunt her, especially here, on her own turf," he warned.

"I have no interest in taunting or insulting anyone...perhaps with the exception of Technocrats."
Molly said and shook her head.
"She is fascinating though, it is as if she is made of flame itself."
She muttered.

"Excuse me," he said, raising a hand to wave back. Then he opened the door so that he could talk to Embra and see if she had a message to impart. "Greetings; I am glad you have returned safely," he said to her in Enochian.

"I was not in any danger during my travels the mages of the Chantry you sent me to where friendly enough."
Embra said to that.
"I was taken to speak with an old man with skin the color and texture of old tree bark and hair as white as snow, he did reply to your message and sent the reply with me, but his apprentice was there and they argued over the message, do you want to know what they said?"
Embra asked then she glanced at the car.
"You brought your car with you into the Umbra, very practical."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:26 am

Friday:

I saw a megalodon once, it's frightening. Tane said with a smile.

Saturday:

Comming! said tane and cutted the call. He kept dragging the girl to his home so that Coawa could see her.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:10 am

"I have no interest in taunting or insulting anyone...perhaps with the exception of Technocrats." Molly said and shook her head. "She is fascinating though, it is as if she is made of flame itself."

"I didn't mean to imply any of us would purposefully but spiritual beings sometimes take offense to things that would not seem like they might do so to us, at first at least. She is quite unique in her own personification. So yes, she certainly is," he agreed. Though it seemed as if he might like to say more, he needed to see what she had to say so they could figure out what to do, and Embra could be on her way.

"I was taken to speak with an old man with skin the color and texture of old tree bark and hair as white as snow, he did reply to your message and sent the reply with me, but his apprentice was there and they argued over the message, do you want to know what they said?...Embra asked then she glanced at the car. "You brought your car with you into the Umbra, very practical."

"Needs sometimes must," he said with a nod to the car. Getting it mobile in the umbra might be more practical but it still worked well enough to conceal it. Hm...well, it seemed like it had found the right person. That they'd argued surprised him a little though he certainly had been doing a lot of that himself lately with his own mentor. And besides, if someone was well enough to argue, then that was probably a boon in their favour. He looked around for anything or one that might put off listening to the message - if all seemed clear enough to him, he said, "Yes, please."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:43 am

Tane:

Friday:

I saw a megalodon once, it's frightening. Tane said with a smile.

"That is their war form is it not?"
Henrietta asked.
"A thirty foot shark? No I would not like to encounter that while swimming."

Lily raised an eyebrow.
"How can something man shaped get that large?"
She asked and Henrietta gave a little, secretive grin.
"Well there are those spellcasters who can turn into dragons."
She muttered and Lily looked like if she did not completely believe the hedge wizard.

Saturday:

Comming! said tane and cutted the call. He kept dragging the girl to his home so that Coawa could see her.

Well dragging and dragging, she moved at the speed she felt like moving, which was slow and measured, she did not let herself be urged to go faster though she did willingly follow Tane. Luckily it do not take you that long to get back to your house, from within you smell fried fish. As you enter the home you see Alessa cutting up a salad and Coawa putting a plate of fried potatoes and fish on the table, the Rokea turned to give his friend a grin then he looked curiously at the girl.
"Yes she is Rokea alright."
He said and Alessa turned to glance at him.
"How can you tell?"
She asked and he shrugged.
"I can smell her and also I have no desire to mate with her, mating between two Rokea do not happen, it never happen there are no desire there..."
Alessa cut up an tomato as she asked.
"Wait...so you are saying you have a desire to mate with every other female?"
Coawa nodded as if it was the most natural thing in the world.
"Every fertile one yes..."
He said as he approached the girl Tane had brought carefully.
"She should be cold..."
He muttered and was completely oblivious to the angry look at Alessa sent him.

Adley:

"I didn't mean to imply any of us would purposefully but spiritual beings sometimes take offense to things that would not seem like they might do so to us, at first at least. She is quite unique in her own personification. So yes, she certainly is," he agreed.

"Well let me know if there is anything I should, or should not do around her."
Molly said as she glanced at the Umbrood.
"She looks so...alive, it is strange to think she is a spirit."

"Needs sometimes must," he said with a nod to the car. Getting it mobile in the umbra might be more practical but it still worked well enough to conceal it. Hm...well, it seemed like it had found the right person.

"Yes...well whatever one must do..."
Embra said as she looked at the car, careful not to touch it as that would leave burn marks.

He looked around for anything or one that might put off listening to the message - if all seemed clear enough to him, he said, "Yes, please."

"I do not know the language they argued in, but I remember the words."
Embra said then she continued.
"A tall human female with pale hair came in and when she saw me she asked the old man what I was doing there, the white haired one said I was there with a message, a plea for help for someone like her and then this conversation happened."
Embra lifted a hand and a flame begun to play a scene of a young, tall woman talking with a stout looking older gentleman, they where speaking in Greek, the sound low but audible as the scene was shown in Embra's flames.
"So the Traditions will destroy another like me, another that just did not have the privilege of being protected by an Archmage."
The woman said sounding angry.
"It is likely, I will offer sanctuary but the girl's friends must get her here."
The old man replied.
"I can not stand by this any longer, every few years they find a child like me...or arrest someone and while most of them are monsters...so am I, only your teachings keep me sane...let me go get this girl mentor..."
The tall woman pleaded but the old man shook his head.
"No I will not risk it Amanda, in the current climate the Traditions might forget their fear of me and arrest you and I will not have that."
Amanda shook her head.
"If I go to trial mentor, chances are I will survive, I have you, what do this girl who have sent you a plea have, how is it fair that I get to live in safety while others of my kind that have done less harm get..."
She said angrily.
"And besides, perhaps I should get arrested, perhaps if the Traditions saw the apprentice of one of it's most powerful Archmages stand there they would be forced to think about what they are doing, I am tired of hiding."
She continued but the old man shook his head.
"I have made my decision Amanda, if this group of mages want their friend to have safety they have to get her here...I might go as far as offer to sponsor her if she is spared, that I can be the one to keep an eye on her if her mentor is deemed to inexperienced, that might give her a chance in a trial at least, but I am not risking you my dear."
He said firmly and Amanda just turned and left, stomping away with angry steps.

Embra glanced at Adley.
"That is what they said though I do not understand it...do you want to see the old mage's message as well?"
She offered.
"He sent one with me to give to you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:19 am

"Well let me know if there is anything I should, or should not do around her." Molly said as she glanced at the Umbrood. "She looks so...alive, it is strange to think she is a spirit."

"She has a spiritual existence. She is personable though, lively," he said, sounding agreeable. "I should not keep her waiting."

"I do not know the language they argued in, but I remember the words." Embra said then she continued...Embra glanced at Adley.
"That is what they said though I do not understand it...do you want to see the old mage's message as well?" She offered. "He sent one with me to give to you."

Adley listened and watched what was going on raptly, peering into the flames with growing dismay. He remembered what Adjan had said only a little while ago reflected as Senex's angry apprentice turned and walked out. His eyes stared at the space the woman had just vacated in Embra's flickering flames. Slowly he drew back slightly, a frown tugging at the ends of his mouth. Then nodded to her. "Thank you," he said. "Yes, please. I should hear it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:35 am

Colin smiled and nodded in greeting to the fire spirit, then glanced back at Molly, "As you said, she's a spirit... Why wouldn't she look alive? We're highly evolved fleshy bags of water, suited for living in the material world, she's just as suited for living here in the spirit world."

((OOC: But seriously, I keep picturing this... A Difficult Choice, Martha and Missing Widderslaintes IC Thread 9 - Page 29 Latest?cb=20121030022003 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:20 am

"She has a spiritual existence. She is personable though, lively," he said, sounding agreeable. "I should not keep her waiting."

Molly just nodded at that.

Colin smiled and nodded in greeting to the fire spirit, then glanced back at Molly, "As you said, she's a spirit... Why wouldn't she look alive? We're highly evolved fleshy bags of water, suited for living in the material world, she's just as suited for living here in the spirit world."

"I guess you are right at that Mr Wainwright."
Molly said as she glanced at the elemental.
"I have just never seen an Umbrood before."

Embra looked at Colin for a moment and nodded to him but she looked a bit skeptical, it took time for her to trust any mage and not just expect them to want to use her for their own purposes.

Adley listened and watched what was going on raptly, peering into the flames with growing dismay. He remembered what Adjan had said only a little while ago reflected as Senex's angry apprentice turned and walked out. His eyes stared at the space the woman had just vacated in Embra's flickering flames. Slowly he drew back slightly, a frown tugging at the ends of his mouth. Then nodded to her. "Thank you," he said. "Yes, please. I should hear it."

"He said to tell you this."
The elemental begun then she gave the message verbatim in Latin.
"Mr Roth Hicks.
I am sorry to hear about Miss Aydogan's circumstances. If you can get her to Cerberus I will give her sanctuary here, it is not likely the Traditions will claim this Chantry so as long as she harms no one here she can live and study as she please and will be safe. I can not directly intervene and come and get her through, I assume you are contacting me because you know about my student Amanda, I am tip toing a tight rope with her, and if I where to directly go and pick up a widderslainte it might just be one straw to many making the Traditions turn their eyes towards me, towards Amanda and I will not see her harmed. Off course bringing Miss Aydogan here will be illegal, but offering sanctuary is far less of a crime in the eyes of the Council than going out and collecting her. On more legal notes I am willing to sponsor her, offering to act as guardian, it is not without prescience for young mages to have a guardian not their own mentor, but in a trial like this it have not been done so I would not bet on the outcome, but at least it will give the young lady a chance. Please forgive an old man, but I have to protect my own first, and this is all I can offer.
My best wishes and regards.
Senex Deacon Primus of Cerberus"
Embra stopped talking then returned to Enochian.
"Human languages are so hard to pronounce and so limited."
She complained.

(OOC: Well about exactly like that but not with the strange shape of the head and also Embra was "born" in a house fire so there will be more black smoke mixed with flame but still yes something like that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:14 pm

"He said to tell you this." The elemental begun then she gave the message verbatim in Latin...Human languages are so hard to pronounce and so limited." She complained.

The message following was much what he was expecting, especially following the argument he'd already heard. The choice seemed to have gotten simpler to him - Amanda fit all the points he thought were important. She was strong, a fighter that wanted to fight this, had someone to fight -for- her, if she got brought in. She seemed a good champion for the cause. Not that he wanted anything to happen to her, and there was 'the wise old man,' saying he would not push the issue. At the same time, how to do it (was it even a wise thing to do? Was she the right one?) had gotten complicated, murky, and very, very dangerous.

"Thank you," he said to Embra. "I may have another message if you would be willing to take it. I just need a moment. This has been very helpful," he assured her. What he was thinking about was daunting, even for a Flambeau and he was not sure if it was wise. It would certainly come with a large cost, that there was no doubt of, but who else would pay was less clear. He took his notebook out and quickly wrote down a message, turned around and tapped on the windshield and gestured to Adjan.

// Legit. That is a cool looking fire-elemental model!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:37 pm

"Thank you," he said to Embra. "I may have another message if you would be willing to take it. I just need a moment. This has been very helpful," he assured her.

Embra sigh, a strangely human gesture for a spirit then she nods.
"Very well, fine I can play messenger one more time."
She muttered.
"At least you thank me, many of your kind do not...I will wait until you are ready with the message you want me to deliver."

What he was thinking about was daunting, even for a Flambeau and he was not sure if it was wise. It would certainly come with a large cost, that there was no doubt of, but who else would pay was less clear. He took his notebook out and quickly wrote down a message, turned around and tapped on the windshield and gestured to Adjan.

Adjan nodded he got out of the car, careful not to spook the elemental who was waiting nearby and glanced at Adley.
"What did you learn from the Old Man's reply?"
He asked as he waited for you to hand him a message or ask him anything about it.
"Can he help Miss Molly?"

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Colin grinned, "It is the first time I've seen one, too. Well, I think it's the first time, at least... There was that tentacular thing that ate magic; I'm not sure what that was, aside from very, very hungry... Frankly, I'm mostly just glad she doesn't seem hostile. I don't know that I could effectively defend me against, well, sentient fire. Nor do I think I could communicate with her, for that matter."

((OOC: Bethesda gets a lot right in designing their monsters. Smile Flame Atronachs are from The Elder Scrolls - in that particular case, Skyrim. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:23 pm

"A thing that eats magick, that do sound quite horrifying."
Molly muttered.
"Where on Earth have you encountered such a monstrosity Mr Wainwright and how can one use magick against something that eats the stuff."
The Cultist said as she glanced out the window.
"I have never seen a elemental before, not with my own eyes but I have seen the effect of them, we have one as a guardian at my Chantry, I am not sure either how to communicate with one though...this one do seam friendly though, let us hope it...or should I say she stay that way."
She continued as she looked at Embra then she sigh.
"Do you think she brings good news Mr Wainwright?"
She asked sounding nervous.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:41 am

Colin grimaced, "An apartment at Daley Plaza earlier today, actually. To be honest, I'm not sure if it can be beaten, rather than just being distracted by a snack until Reality catches up with it... Hazarding a guess, its diet is directly linked to how long it can stay corporeal, actually; I'd wager it only has so much time between meals before it is forced to depart again. Or at least, I hope so..."
He looked out at the fire elemental again, "I don't know if she brings good news... but by the looks of it, she's not the bearer of outright bad news."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:52 am

Friday:

Yes, at sea. THe Hybrid Gladius form is their battle form on land. They look like japanese Wanizame.

Jajajja and they shout flames of paradox and burn to death. Don't try it, place. ANy of you. Tane said with a wide smile.

Saturday:

But i think she isn't. That's the most curious thing. She was moving slowly, taking care of every step, so i say it's her first turn. Tane waved to alessa, trying to calm her.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:56 am

Adley:

Colin grimaced, "An apartment at Daley Plaza earlier today, actually. To be honest, I'm not sure if it can be beaten, rather than just being distracted by a snack until Reality catches up with it... Hazarding a guess, its diet is directly linked to how long it can stay corporeal, actually; I'd wager it only has so much time between meals before it is forced to depart again. Or at least, I hope so..."

"Well shit, remind me not to go there anytime soon."
Molly muttered then she sigh and lifted her hands, looking at the cuffs and wincing.
"It do not look like that where I do will be a problem though I doubt I will be allowed to go anywhere."
She muttered then she sigh again and look out the window.
"How could a creature like what you describe ever get into our reality Mr Wainwright?"
Molly asked.
"It sounds like it is an affront to just about anything."

He looked out at the fire elemental again, "I don't know if she brings good news... but by the looks of it, she's not the bearer of outright bad news."

"I hope she brings some hope with her."
The Cultist said softly.
"I could use some right about now."

Tane:

Friday:

Yes, at sea. THe Hybrid Gladius form is their battle form on land. They look like japanese Wanizame.

"Yes, they are formidable warriors on land, still, I would rather face one here on land than in the ocean."
Henrietta said with a bit of a wry smile.

Jajajja and they shout flames of paradox and burn to death. Don't try it, place. ANy of you. Tane said with a wide smile.

"Yes a true mage trying this would probably explode from Paradox, for a hedge wizard it is more a question of being able to pull it off, as it is not easy to cast obvious magic in front of disbelievers."

Saturday:

But i think she isn't. That's the most curious thing. She was moving slowly, taking care of every step, so i say it's her first turn. Tane waved to alessa, trying to calm her.

"Hum...I think you are right, unlike most fera we do not have a first change as such, our spirit friends help us through that slowly during our great swim, but it do appear to be her first time on land."
Coawa said as he observed the woman.
"I guess we feed her, tend to her wound and then try to google what kind of shark she comes from, let us see if there are some sharks large enough for a Rokea to spawn with in colder waters."
He suggested.

Alessa gave Tane a bit of a smile then she nods.
"I will get the first aid kit."
She said simply.
"You two are making a habit of bringing wounded fera home like stray puppies do you not?"
She said with a bit of a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:18 am

"Very well, fine I can play messenger one more time." She muttered. "At least you thank me, many of your kind do not...I will wait until you are ready with the message you want me to deliver."

"If I don't thank you, I would hazard to say it's because there's something dire happening and I don't have the chance as I believe there's danger, rather than out of lack of gratitude."

Adjan nodded he got out of the car, careful not to spook the elemental who was waiting nearby and glanced at Adley. "What did you learn from the Old Man's reply?" He asked as he waited for you to hand him a message or ask him anything about it. "Can he help Miss Molly?

"You know, his name means wise old man. Literally," he began as he wrote. "I was told to make a wise decision," he mused.

He handed the note over to Adjan, his handwriting looking as if it was trying to keep pace with his thoughts. 'Sometimes conversations overheard are more interesting than the ones you were supposed to hear. In the attempt to prevent the same I'm writing it down then destroying it...in short, I don't think Molly is the one. I don't believe you are the one nor my cabal or brother - but I was told that the fate of someone going was unavoidable and there needed to be a judgement and decision. In the reply back he said he would accept her if she was brought to him, offer to sponsor her though he did not think it would pan out in court but will not intervene directly because he is afraid it will lead the Traditions to turning on him and his own if he does. While I understand that and agree there is real danger of that, I find it hard not to consider making a mountain come to Muhammad.

'I saw an argument unfold, seen from my friend's perspective between him and his student. She wanted to go get Molly; she understands what will probably happen to her. But has been told not to leave the mountain. How long will she kept there, without acting? There have been others, she said. Every couple of years. So many people have suffered in that room...There is a dangerous option of trying to directly talk to her and there are the other options confirmed that we already knew, plus a small chance of sponsorship. There are a few reasons why I'm telling you this. 1 - I need to know if I have lost my mind, no I am not kidding;  2 - someone will still need to bring Molly somewhere, once this wise decision is made 3 -  You might know something that I don't that makes this a poor choice.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:03 am

"If I don't thank you, I would hazard to say it's because there's something dire happening and I don't have the chance as I believe there's danger, rather than out of lack of gratitude."

Embra looked at the Hermetic for a moment, surprised then she said.
"You are not like most of your kind mage."

"You know, his name means wise old man. Literally," he began as he wrote. "I was told to make a wise decision," he mused.

"Yes, his name is always the Old Man, in any language, no one knows how old he is, it seams he have always been here, and have always been old."
Adjan said before he nodded.
"Making a wise decision is indeed the goal, and I have every confidence that you will be able to reach one, the rest of us will help but it seams that the cycle have chosen you in this."
He said and offered the young Hermetic a slight smile.

He handed the note over to Adjan, his handwriting looking as if it was trying to keep pace with his thoughts. 'Sometimes conversations overheard are more interesting than the ones you were supposed to hear. In the attempt to prevent the same I'm writing it down then destroying it...in short, I don't think Molly is the one. I don't believe you are the one nor my cabal or brother - but I was told that the fate of someone going was unavoidable and there needed to be a judgement and decision.

Adjan narrowed his eyes as he tried to make out his friend's hasty scratches, he nodded at the point that a overheard conversation often could tell more than one that was intended, indeed that was quite true, so he begun to jut down a reply bellow the Hermetic's message.

"If the Cycle have chosen someone to be sent to judgment that may be the thing that can right wrongs and make fate go as intended, still it is not an easy choice to make, to send someone to suffer is neither a light decision nor should it be."

In the reply back he said he would accept her if she was brought to him, offer to sponsor her though he did not think it would pan out in court but will not intervene directly because he is afraid it will lead the Traditions to turning on him and his own if he does. While I understand that and agree there is real danger of that, I find it hard not to consider making a mountain come to Muhammad.

"I understand his decision, he is in effect sheltering a fugitive, and for now the Traditions accept it and are not willing to take the losses that would come with disciplining him for that and taking Amanda by force, but if he started interfering in other cases then that might change and his own apprentice might have to face judgment, I can understand a mage protecting the safety of their student.

'I saw an argument unfold, seen from my friend's perspective between him and his student. She wanted to go get Molly; she understands what will probably happen to her. But has been told not to leave the mountain. How long will she kept there, without acting? There have been others, she said. Every couple of years. So many people have suffered in that room...

"Well widderslaintes are found ever so often, most are not even brought to trial...it is done in their homes and their parents find their children in a terrible state the next morning...usually unable to tell what happened and those who can describe six strangers entering their room...well it is dismissed as the ramblings of a mentally ill child, I can imagine that for Amanda knowing what is going on is hard, knowing what is going on and not acting on it."

There is a dangerous option of trying to directly talk to her and there are the other options confirmed that we already knew, plus a small chance of sponsorship. There are a few reasons why I'm telling you this. 1 - I need to know if I have lost my mind, no I am not kidding;

"No I do not think you are insane my friend, tired yes, but not insane. I think talking with Amanda can work, if you can be able to get to her without her mentor knowing, imagine if it was Chief Morgan and you where the one in danger, I would not want to cross paths with him if I had any idea in mind that could do you any harm."

2 - someone will still need to bring Molly somewhere, once this wise decision is made

"I am still willing to do so."

3 - You might know something that I don't that makes this a poor choice.

"Like I said in the car, if what you are looking for is a trial to expose some of the corruption and perhaps open some eyes, paving a way for an attempt to cleanse some widderslainte, then the right choice is not Miss Molly, she would be just one more name to the list...number seventy six, noted down in the annals somewhere. Did you hear about Bee's trial three years ago? No and neither did I, we had no idea a young Verbena, little more than a child at the time was fighting for her Avatar, why? Because in the grand scheme of things she is just one more young Verbena. Master Nassa while powerful is not one of the cornerstones of the Traditions, Master Senex is. Most have heard the name of Senex, and that of his apprentice, the wisdom of not turning Amanda over for judgment have been hotly debated. Trust me the young magi at our Chantry they will know Amanda's trial is happening, it will put the spotlight on the judges involved, and the system involved and...damn it, this is cruel to say but...if she is sentenced, and you know she will be she is what she is, the question is just if the punishment will be Branding or Gilgul, then Traditionalists will flock to the Main Sentencing Hall to see the Blade of Senex face her fate, and they will see a young woman scream until to hoarse to scream anymore while convulsions from pain make her shit and piss herself and they will see the apprentice of one of the Traditions's most important leaders suffer and they will know it could happen to anyone...to their apprentice...to themselves...to their mentors and siblings, had all their loved ones had their Avatars checked? Could it be they at some point would do some crime that would give them Branding...it will be a shock, and right now a shock might be just what the Traditions need to clean up the justice system. During the French revolution no one complained over the executions as long as the noblemen and women stockily and proudly went to their deaths, but one of the king's concubines she screamed, she begged and cried as she was dragged to her execution and her reaction combined with the fact that she was just a concubine, she was not a part of royalty that started protests, now off course that time of terror did not stop, the ball was rolling to fast and heads continued to be taken until anyone could fall victim to the blade, still the concubine's deaths caused reactions. In the Traditions we do not expect a archmage's apprentice to be so treated...young Amanda's cries might give fuel to change things, make it easier to get the justice system to consider what we do to all widderslainte, Miss Molly's scream will do nothing but bring more sadness, she is one more for the list, Amanda's name by virtue of being the Blade of Senex is one for the history books."

Adjan handed his written replies back to Adley, he did not look like if he liked what he himself ha written and he had a dark, serious look in his eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:15 am

Colin rubbed his eyes slowly, "I'm not sure how something like that could exist in our world - then again, in the past couple of days, I've encountered a spirit that attacked my mind by making me question... well, things I was already questioning, actually, I've met a wereshark and seen an Avatar manifested outside its host, I have memories of things to come twenty years from now, including pop cultural references and Umbral Ship training I haven't learned yet. I've held a dear friend as she was attempted - and unsuccessfully - gilguled, I have assisted in dismantling a ripe ball of Abysmal flame, and developed what appears to be an entirely novel method for draining away quintessence, I barely missed out on an Avatar Eater loose in this world, I've visited a vampire's apartment next to a Technocratic Construct, enlisted a former Technocrat's aid in saving a child, I faced that horrid magic-eating blob, and now there's the problem of figuring out how to save you without damning us all in the process... It has been one hell of a weekend. At this rate, I'm going to need a vacation and a strong drink... Once, of course, I have finished a large memorial plaque and a set of four silver horseshoes. Some days I wonder if I didn't suffer more severe head trauma than previously assumed when my face was blown up..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:51 am

Colin rubbed his eyes slowly, "I'm not sure how something like that could exist in our world - then again, in the past couple of days, I've encountered a spirit that attacked my mind by making me question... well, things I was already questioning, actually, I've met a wereshark and seen an Avatar manifested outside its host,

"A were what now? I have heard about werewolves, but wereshark...as in the fish?"
Molly's eyes went big.
"An Avatar manifested outside of it's host? Is that even possible?"
She asked with a surprised look in her eyes.

I have memories of things to come twenty years from now, including pop cultural references and Umbral Ship training I haven't learned yet.

"Time travel? My my you do seam to have had a busy few days then Mr Wainwright."
Molly said and smiles though she looked rather impressed.
"Twenty years into the future...so ehm...how do the Traditions look in two decades from now? Also you fly Umbra ships? That is very impressive, I have never even been on one."

I've held a dear friend as she was attempted - and unsuccessfully - gilguled,

Molly shivered as you spoke of Gilgul and she shook slightly and muttered.
"Shit...that...that was that friend you spoke of...that is like me?"
She asked.
"It must have been terrible...I hear it...that the process is...bad..."
The Cultist muttered and looked away.
"I am glad...your friend did not get...well you know..."
She muttered, still shivering as if she was cold.

I have assisted in dismantling a ripe ball of Abysmal flame, and developed what appears to be an entirely novel method for draining away quintessence,

"That must have been quite nerve wrecking, I hear a Ball of Abysmal Flame can blow up a city block if it is left to draw in juice for long enough, perhaps an entire city..."
Molly said, she was still shivering but she looked back towards Colin seaming fascinated by his tale.

I barely missed out on an Avatar Eater loose in this world,

"A...a...Avatar Eater...as in eats...holy fuck! Do they even exist...I have heard rumors that they exist on Horizon, that they attacked some Orphans a long time ago...but I thought I was just a horror story told to scare young apprentices into behaving."
Molly said seaming horrified.
"E...ehm where is this monster now."
She asked looking quite terrified.

I've visited a vampire's apartment next to a Technocratic Construct, enlisted a former Technocrat's aid in saving a child, I faced that horrid magic-eating blob, and now there's the problem of figuring out how to save you without damning us all in the process... It has been one hell of a weekend.

"You saved a child...that is good..."
She said then she looked serious.
"I...do not want anyone to get into trouble over me."
She muttered and looked down sadly.
"I...I...am sorry that you got dragged into this."

At this rate, I'm going to need a vacation and a strong drink... Once, of course, I have finished a large memorial plaque and a set of four silver horseshoes.

The young Cultist looked rather confused at that and he raised an eyebrow at Colin.

Some days I wonder if I didn't suffer more severe head trauma than previously assumed when my face was blown up..."

Molly glanced over at Colin's face and his scars and gave him a sympathetic look.
"That must have hurt..."
She said softly.
"Your head seam fine to me though, but your life sure sound hectic."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next