Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

4 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 Empty Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:14 pm

(OOC: Tane have just finished speaking with Raven outside of his apartment and is now on the phone with Alessa. Tane and Colin are talking with Jeffry down in the basement as the old Flambeau is planning on checking on the Chantry's wards. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:43 pm

((OOC: Woohoo, XP! Very Happy ))

"It might be doable if everyone pitched in and it is a good idea but it is probably something that should be dealt with when we are not fighting for our survival...for reality's survival. However assuming we win as soon as we have gotten back on our feet then I will bring the matter before the other Deacons and we will see what can be done about it."
Colin nodded, "All in due time, but it would be wise to consider the matter carefully before the next crisis."

"Well Mr Darehill do seam to favor silver rings Mr Wainwright, he certainly wear enough of them perhaps you can arrange for a trade of services, but yes to read lists do tend to pile up, they always do. I do think getting some rest after all of this is done is a good idea at least."
He nodded, "I'm sure I can work something out. Or just take a few days off in normal time; it's amazing how much two days can do if you can avoid any more stress than fixing dinner..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Colin nodded, "All in due time, but it would be wise to consider the matter carefully before the next crisis."

"Agreed, and there will be time to consider this but it is not presently that time, but yes I will keep it in mind."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded, "I'm sure I can work something out. Or just take a few days off in normal time; it's amazing how much two days can do if you can avoid any more stress than fixing dinner..."

"I doubt that will be possible for you Mr Wainwright, you have requested to bring the Nephandi girl you have taken under your wing here, a Nephandi child, do you propose to let Morningstar care for her for two days? That matter will not wait."
The old mage said and raised an eyebrow sternly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:03 pm

"I doubt that will be possible for you Mr Wainwright, you have requested to bring the Nephandi girl you have taken under your wing here, a Nephandi child, do you propose to let Morningstar care for her for two days? That matter will not wait."
Colin sighed, "After the dust has settled... All the dust. I might not get started before the weekend, but I could be lucky in that regard."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Cadence looked at you and nodded she said nothing just looked down. Hildegard nodded and went over to the prisoner to help her over to the sofa so she could lay down.

"I will take care of her until Mr Karyak is back Mr Roth Hicks." She said then she said to Cadence. "Say down on your side Miss Getwater, here let me help you, this will probably be the most comfortable and not put much strain on your side...yes I know sleeping with your hands bound behind you are award but it is what it is." The Chorister said sternly but kindly and Cadence obeyed her and laid down on her uninjured side as Hildegard put a blanket over her.

"Thank you," he said to the elder Chorister. "Please mind the windows...I would suggest a perimeter alarm to be put on the area, if Mr Karyak allows it or knows how to fashion one. Mrs Getwater," he said, giving her a nod before he took the recorder and went to drop it off with the Chief.

Later:

"Well no I can strengthen them alone but another mage of a similar Paradigm is always a boon to a working, however if you would rather continue with what you where doing before this little body part hunt became an issue then that is fine as well, asking...Master Telar if she have found something would be useful though."

"In the interest of time then I will continue with what I was about to do, though if you should have need of me please let me know sir."

"That sounds interesting. How did you manage to do that? Return some of the potential to the area perhaps, restoring the potential of the air to be gaseous? That is a strategy that will work against Nephandic magick but which can be tricky to pull off."
He nodded, "Pretty much - basically we gave Reality a gentle push, with a twist of flux to, hm, remind the air of what its natural state is supposed to be. Adley might not have much grasp of Entropy, but he gave a very commendable boost to the fundamental part of the work. He catches on to ideas quickly; you've taught him well. We didn't get it all, though... most of the air wall still felt like pushing through gelatin... but the underlying spontaneous idea worked; now we just have to formalize the theory."

"If by fundamental you mean prime ars..." Then he gave a nod of thanks as he was complimented, adding to Colin, "I have to keep up with you, don't I?"

"There are a book about counteracting Qlipothic magick in the library if you take an interest in reading about it Mr Wainwright...in either case as long as you got what needed to be done accomplished you both did well, even if the result was not perfect."
He smiled, "It seems my reading list is just piling up. It's been a while since that happened with nonfiction; I look forward to taking a vacation in a couch fortress with a stack of books for about a month next week. I might have to bribe someone for a time bubble, though..."

"We can split the difference on the cost of the time bubble if you don't mind me joining you," he said wryly. "At any rate, we really should get going to our tasks. I will go talk with Master Telar and see if there is anything to report to you pater, with your leave?"

// Forgot Cadence again, whups. Yay, xp.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:47 pm

Tane's apartment:

"Thank you," he said to the elder Chorister. "Please mind the windows...I would suggest a perimeter alarm to be put on the area, if Mr Karyak allows it or knows how to fashion one.

"Hum...such an alarm is an good idea Mr Roth Hick I will be sure to take it up with Mr Karyak and yes I am minding the windows."
Hildegard said and nodded.

Mrs Getwater," he said, giving her a nod before he took the recorder and went to drop it off with the Chief.

The Nephandus looked at you for a moment.
"Please....don't tell my Mentor..."
She muttered since you had not said whatever or not the old maga had been told then she sigh.
"Good evening..."
She muttered.

You find Jeffry outside of his office, gesticulating with his coffee mug instructing the Akashic Brother  Tyrone Smithson about some of the security concerns ofthe Chantry. The olf Hermetic turn to you as you approach.
"Mea filius, anything I can do for you?"
He asked as Tyrone bowed to him and then gave you a smile and a nod of the head before he left.

Later:

"In the interest of time then I will continue with what I was about to do, though if you should have need of me please let me know sir."

"Off course, I will speak with you later then mea filius..."
The old mage said and nodded.

"If by fundamental you mean prime ars..." Then he gave a nod of thanks as he was complimented, adding to Colin, "I have to keep up with you, don't I?"

"Ah some friendly competition, that never go amiss to get someone to want to advance faster."
Jeffry said sounding like he approved.

"At any rate, we really should get going to our tasks. I will go talk with Master Telar and see if there is anything to report to you pater, with your leave?"

"Off course...I will be working on the wards just to be sure, just drop me a note at my office if I am not back there yet when you have spoken with Cita...ehm Master Telar."
Your Mentor said and smiled.

Colin sighed, "After the dust has settled... All the dust. I might not get started before the weekend, but I could be lucky in that regard."

"It will take a good long time before that bit of dust settles I think Mr Wainwright, unless the girl dies you will be responsible for that one for some time."

(OOC: Hum...I have not made more than basic stats for Cadence yet since I do not think she will stay around that long unless someone get soppy...but perhaps I should give her Arcane since she keep being forgotten. Smile I had a player who had a Cultist once and he kept calling the mage's Mentor sire and his Cabal his Coterie so during his next Paradox backlash I gave him fangs. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:19 pm

"Ah some friendly competition, that never go amiss to get someone to want to advance faster."
Colin nodded to Adley, then grinned, "Competition, or maybe his pride's survival instinct has kicked in and doesn't like him standing like a deer caught in headlights... But probably the former, I should think. In fact, how DID you manage to share your spiritual perception with me through merely holding my hand? That's a... most useful trick; a lot more convenient than passing a monocle around."

"It will take a good long time before that bit of dust settles I think Mr Wainwright, unless the girl dies you will be responsible for that one for some time."
He nodded, "This is true. Though I do suppose that the legal... debates on the issue and the subsequent retrieval of the girl - assuming a favourable decision - could be expedited and sorted out within a week; having a... dependent around while taking a couple days off could well constitute settled dust, as opposed to still running back and forth doing damage control and fighting Nephandi and negotiating with Deacons and Guernici. Guernicae?"

"We can split the difference on the cost of the time bubble if you don't mind me joining you,"
He smirked, "While I'm not sure Freddy would mind, are you sure you'd wish to endure the awkwardness of being the fifth wheel?"
He turned serious, "Actually, a time bubble for the whole apartment, a decent stock of food, I suppose that could be arranged - it's still big enough to allow privacy while entertaining guests. Barely. And you just might enjoy the contents of my bookshelves; the notebooks of my own theoretical work in particular. I've assembled quite a number of ideas and experimental notes on Ars Fati, as you call it, for example."

((OOC: Turn her a bright glowing hot pink and give her an SEP Field. Wink))

((OOC2: Just realized I have The Fragile Path in the digital stockpile I procured. I think I should read it. But, probably best if I print and bind it; it's a bit hard to read on screen...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Colin nodded to Adley, then grinned, "Competition, or maybe his pride's survival instinct has kicked in and doesn't like him standing like a deer caught in headlights...

"My student have always been resourceful, I knew from the time he learned his first working of lesser hedge wizardry as a first degree apprentice that he would Awaken...hum..."
Jeffry said with a fond smile then his expression hardened.
"It seams our hard times are getting me sentimental I really should get going and see to those wards...I will speak with you later gentlemen."
The old mage said and inclined his head before he headed for the ritual room.

He nodded, "This is true. Though I do suppose that the legal... debates on the issue and the subsequent retrieval of the girl - assuming a favourable decision - could be expedited and sorted out within a week;

Jeffry stopped his hand on the room to the ritual door and he turned towards Colin again and nodded.
"Yes the legal issue about whatever or not you get to keep the girl until she is strong enough to stand trial might be sorted out fairly quickly and so might the matter on whatever or not the Deacon Council will allow you to keep her here."

having a... dependent around while taking a couple days off could well constitute settled dust, as opposed to still running back and forth doing damage control and fighting Nephandi and negotiating with Deacons and Guernici. Guernicae?"

"And who will make sure she is fed and get what she need in her cell, who will make sure the doses of the magick suppressant will be administered regularly and who is going to keep her calm when she is scared and panicking, we are talking about a wounded child here Mr Wainwright, Nephandi or not and if you are taking on the responsibility for her that mean you can not just abandon her for two days, not if you plan to build up any kind of trust with her, believe me I know I have taken students at much younger ages than Adley was when he came to me."

(OOC: I think we will not turn the Nephandus bright pink Razz The Fragile Path is a good read but yes unless you like reading PDFs printing it out is a good idea.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 pm

"And who will make sure she is fed and get what she need in her cell, who will make sure the doses of the magick suppressant will be administered regularly and who is going to keep her calm when she is scared and panicking, we are talking about a wounded child here Mr Wainwright, Nephandi or not and if you are taking on the responsibility for her that mean you can not just abandon her for two days, not if you plan to build up any kind of trust with her, believe me I know I have taken students at much younger ages than Adley was when he came to me."
Colin smiled thinly, "Taking two days off in normal time would be referring to work, not necessarily meaning going away. I can very well spend a couple of days in my apartment and still leave it enough to take care of a little girl. In fact, that would be easier in normal time than in a time bubble. I have no intention of shirking my duties, even if I mean to enjoy a few days of peace and quiet in a couch fortress, but miss Jones can well manage the shop without me for a little while without my involvement."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:20 pm

"Well as long as you see to her needs, if you bring her here and if the Deacon Council agree to you keeping her you will be taking care of her as well, but taking time of your work that is not my business or concern, and probably we can all need some rest after the last week."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Well then if there is nothing further?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:43 am

"Hum...such an alarm is an good idea Mr Roth Hick I will be sure to take it up with Mr Karyak and yes I am minding the windows."
Hildegard said and nodded.
"Please....don't tell my Mentor..." She muttered since you had not said whatever or not the old maga had been told then she sigh.
"Good evening..."

"Very well. if you'll both excuse me please." The truth was he had no idea if her mentor knew, but she would soon and the girl likely knew it. It wasn't as if it were going to be kept secret. Like it or not, it was out of his hands and he didn't wish to distress her further.

You find Jeffry outside of his office, gesticulating with his coffee mug instructing the Akashic Brother Tyrone Smithson about some of the security concerns ofthe Chantry. The olf Hermetic turn to you as you approach. "Mea filius, anything I can do for you?" He asked as Tyrone bowed to him and then gave you a smile and a nod of the head before he left.

"Mr Smithson," he said, returning the nod and then turned to the Chief. He gestured towards his office door. "If I might have a quick word?"

Later:

Colin nodded to Adley, then grinned, "Competition, or maybe his pride's survival instinct has kicked in and doesn't like him standing like a deer caught in headlights... But probably the former, I should think. In fact, how DID you manage to share your spiritual perception with me through merely holding my hand? That's a... most useful trick; a lot more convenient than passing a monocle around."

"The same way I would if you were my apprentice. Hrm, how to explain swiftly...do you know those nesting dolls that fit inside one another? Like those dolls, we have more than one body or selves yet they are all our body. We have a lower manifested self, a sort of default that is gross matter, which is what we are used to seeing as the body in the world. But that is not all that we are for we have different emanations at other, non-material levels of existence. Holding your hand provided an easy bridge between us, between our lowest level of manifestation on the material plane and allowed me to share my spiritual perceptions, those levels of vibrations that you are not sensitized towards perceiving on your own yet. Further than that would be a rather longer winded conversation we don't have time for just now but that is the gist of it."

"My student have always been resourceful, I knew from the time he learned his first working of lesser hedge wizardry as a first degree apprentice that he would Awaken...hum..." Jeffry said with a fond smile then his expression hardened. "It seams our hard times are getting me sentimental I really should get going and see to those wards...I will speak with you later gentlemen."

He gave his mentor a smile and then a nod, acknowledging the compliment.

He smirked, "While I'm not sure Freddy would mind, are you sure you'd wish to endure the awkwardness of being the fifth wheel?" He turned serious, "Actually, a time bubble for the whole apartment, a decent stock of food, I suppose that could be arranged - it's still big enough to allow privacy while entertaining guests. Barely. And you just might enjoy the contents of my bookshelves; the notebooks of my own theoretical work in particular. I've assembled quite a number of ideas and experimental notes on Ars Fati, as you call it, for example."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "Fifth? I'm sure I don't want to know. At any rate, as it happens I already have a list of books and things I think I might need to...study, though I am curious about your magickal workings, certainly. But yes, let's focus on what we need to do..."

It was probably telling that Adley did not say much, if anything during the entirety of the conversation about the Nephandi girl. But at the last comment he looked at his mentor a moment. It wasn't as if he didn't know he was somewhat 'older' by Hermetic standards to awaken but it didn't bear scrutiny just now.

"Off course, I will speak with you later then mea filius..." The old mage said and nodded.

He gave him a nod and went into the ritual room to see if Cita had found any more trouble for them.

// More like Adley's player is brain-drained from sick but lol...bright pink Nephandi, poor girl has gone through enough hasn't she xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:06 am

"The same way I would if you were my apprentice. Hrm, how to explain swiftly...do you know those nesting dolls that fit inside one another? Like those dolls, we have more than one body or selves yet they are all our body. We have a lower manifested self, a sort of default that is gross matter, which is what we are used to seeing as the body in the world. But that is not all that we are for we have different emanations at other, non-material levels of existence. Holding your hand provided an easy bridge between us, between our lowest level of manifestation on the material plane and allowed me to share my spiritual perceptions, those levels of vibrations that you are not sensitized towards perceiving on your own yet. Further than that would be a rather longer winded conversation we don't have time for just now but that is the gist of it."
Colin scratched at his neck, "Nesting dolls... No, sorry, I don't quite see it. I get the use of such a simple tactile link, but that doesn't mean I quite get how to use it to share perceptions... But, that's a longer lecture for a later day, I think."

"Fifth? I'm sure I don't want to know.
He grinned, "I'm quite certain you don't."

"Well as long as you see to her needs, if you bring her here and if the Deacon Council agree to you keeping her you will be taking care of her as well, but taking time of your work that is not my business or concern, and probably we can all need some rest after the last week."
He smiled thinly, "No, aside from the memorial plaque, I don't imagine you have much concern about my work hours... Never fear; I've got a few design ideas in the works, I'm not attempting to duck out on that obligation."

((OOC: Strictly speaking, with Tane's swordsmanship, the poor girl has had enough go through her, too. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:22 am

Colin scratched at his neck, "Nesting dolls... No, sorry, I don't quite see it. I get the use of such a simple tactile link, but that doesn't mean I quite get how to use it to share perceptions... But, that's a longer lecture for a later day, I think."

"Perhaps a different metaphor would be more useful to you, since even that one relies on a previous knowledge base...ah well, we'll talk about it later when there are less pressing matters."

He grinned, "I'm quite certain you don't."

He looked at him and then shook his head. "Well, -now- I'm -sure- I don't...especially if it concerns your strange purportedly English cooking," he teased.

// true that >.<

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:32 am

"Well, -now- I'm -sure- I don't...especially if it concerns your strange purportedly English cooking,"
Colin chuckled, "Very much so. Let's get back to work, shall we? I believe we were almost up to bringing Master Nassa over for a brief, er, briefing?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:07 am

Well, remember the pieces i took from the corrupted mages? Well, tell Coawa that i took them to get their mana, so he should go to burn them some place away oír home ir eat them, whatever he líkes. They seam to be magick links the corrupted mages can use to track them, so he should make the ritual to dedicate it to our ancestors and burn them and get the ashes underground away from home.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:43 am

Adley and Colin:

Earlier:

"Very well. if you'll both excuse me please." The truth was he had no idea if her mentor knew, but she would soon and the girl likely knew it. It wasn't as if it were going to be kept secret. Like it or not, it was out of his hands and he didn't wish to distress her further.

Cadence looked at you sadly for a moment then she lay back down on the sofa.
"Off course...good night..."
She muttered, she knew that her Mentor probably knew or would be told shortly and that saddened her.

Tane you see Adley come out of your apartment, his interview with Cadence probably complete.

"Mr Smithson," he said, returning the nod and then turned to the Chief. He gestured towards his office door. "If I might have a quick word?"

"Off course..."
Your Mentor said he gave the Akashic a polite nod as the younger mage left and then let you into his office and closed the door behind you.
"Please have a seat mea filius."

Later:

He gave him a nod and went into the ritual room to see if Cita had found any more trouble for them.

Cita sat typing on her computer she looked up when you came into the room.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks...everything seam normal to me, now I do not have a list over every spirit that is supposed to be here, but none of the code is out of the ordinary."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Was ehm...the Nephandi parts recovered?"

He smiled thinly, "No, aside from the memorial plaque, I don't imagine you have much concern about my work hours... Never fear; I've got a few design ideas in the works, I'm not attempting to duck out on that obligation."

Jeffry nodded.
"Good."
Was all he said before he went into the small ritual room to check on the wards.

Tane later:

Well, remember the pieces i took from the corrupted mages? Well, tell Coawa that i took them to get their mana, so he should go to burn them some place away oír home ir eat them, whatever he líkes.

"Very well, I will set Coawa on it I think he should be able to do both of that fairly easily yes."
Alessa said without batting an eye at the idea of eating those body parts.

They seam to be magick links the corrupted mages can use to track them, so he should make the ritual to dedicate it to our ancestors and burn them and get the ashes underground away from home.

"I will let him know Tane, and I have heard about that idea that blood can be used to track someone by spiritual means, I can have a look if you like, connections is what my kind do...but yes I will set Coawa on the task immediately."
The werespider agreed.

(OOC: Pinkandus let us avoid that, though that do make me wonder what would happen if you threw a my little pony into a Caul... Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:41 am

Colin sighed and followed Adley into the ritual chamber again, taking a deep breath, "Alright, so the immediate crisis seems to be averted for us. I just home mr. Karyak is bright enough to actually evacuate his home, instead of just having the body parts disposed of... Anything else we need to take up now, or should we have the chat with Master Nassa?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:21 pm

Cita looks up at Colin and gave the Orphan a relieved smile.
"So Mr Karyak sent his...body parts home? Well at least they are not here endangering Steelhaven but everyone living in his home will be in some danger."
The Virtual Adept said as she finished her scan and stopped typing.
"No I do not think there is anything else that needs doing right now. Mr Roth Hicks if you would go and ask Master Nassa to come in here and speak with us and then Mr Wainwright and myself will try to explain things for him in as best we can."

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I got a bit caught up in a TV series I have been watching.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:06 pm

"So Mr Karyak sent his...body parts home? Well at least they are not here endangering Steelhaven but everyone living in his home will be in some danger."
Colin nodded darkly, "Hopefully he's actually able to follow instructions and have them evacuate immediately... I would hate to have to send him to a funeral in the morning... There's a high risk there'll be enough of those shortly."

((OOC: Not a problem. Which series? Also, throwing My Little Ponies into a Caul would probably become... The Mane 6 in MLP:FIM S2E1 - Return to Harmony part 1. Slightly off-color and mirrors darkly of themselves...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:29 pm

Earlier: How did it go? he asked Adley

Later: You can try, but i killed the owners. Ley me know if you get some info, alright? I'll calle you once the dagger is analized and i get some data.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:37 pm

Colin:

"I hope so as well Mr Wainwright, every time a Awakened being in this world bites the dust the Technocrazy get a little closer to victory, but yes hopefully Mr Karyak either get his friends out of danger or the Nephandi decide they do not want to attack the shapechangers and make enemies of their kind right in the middle of a war."
Cita said and sigh then she looked sadly at you for a moment.
"Yes...not all of us are going to get out of this alive...or at least the chances are we will loose someone...we do not need more funerals than we have to hold."
She muttered.

Tane:

"I will see what I can find out Tane, hopefully nothing if the owners of those body parts are dead. I will keep you updated though, and I will set Coawa on the job of disposing of the body parts as soon as I am done talking with you on the phone."
Alessa said.
"Was there anything else then?"

(OOC: The Legend of Chusen it is a Chinese wuexia series, pretty good, two actions of magick users having themselves a little war, with some drama and a few love stories added in.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Tane you see Adley come out of your apartment, his interview with Cadence probably complete.
Earlier: How did it go? he asked Adley

"As well as could be expected, though someone might like to speak more with her later. I will bring this to the Chief and request someone stay with her while you attend your other chores."

"Off course..." Your Mentor said he gave the Akashic a polite nod as the younger mage left and then let you into his office and closed the door behind you. "Please have a seat mea filius."

"Mr Karyak and I have taken two interview accounts from Mrs Getwater that are recorded on this device," he said, sitting down. "I have yet to listen to his though in mine she did name the Labyrinth's security person and gave some other small details. She is reluctant, I think to tell us much and I did not wish to push further right now due to her state. However, she believes her only hope is not Mr Karyak but that the Labyrinth will save her. I suggest a perimeter alarm put on the area. Also, my discussion with Mr Karyak...well, I do not know how much of an impression I made. Though I told him she must be watched at all times under lock, a moment later he was talking about taking her with him to see to her case...in the end I told him that if he was leaving he needs a guard with Mrs Getwater. So that will need to be arranged, right now Mrs Gottschalk is with her..."

Colin chuckled, "Very much so. Let's get back to work, shall we? I believe we were almost up to bringing Master Nassa over for a brief, er, briefing?"

"Yes of course, let me just give that check in to Cita and if there's nothing untoward we'll continue as we were. I'll meet you over there?"

"Ah Mr Roth Hicks...everything seam normal to me, now I do not have a list over every spirit that is supposed to be here, but none of the code is out of the ordinary." The Virtual Adept said."Was ehm...the Nephandi parts recovered?

"That is something at least. Thank you."

Colin sighed and followed Adley into the ritual chamber again, taking a deep breath, "Alright, so the immediate crisis seems to be averted for us. I just home mr. Karyak is bright enough to actually evacuate his home, instead of just having the body parts disposed of... Anything else we need to take up now, or should we have the chat with Master Nassa?"
"No I do not think there is anything else that needs doing right now. Mr Roth Hicks if you would go and ask Master Nassa to come in here and speak with us and then Mr Wainwright and myself will try to explain things for him in as best we can."

"Very well, if you will excuse me," he said and went over towards the node room. He gave another nod to Jon and told him, "I'm going to go inside again," so he could record it into the book before he did so.

// I've been watching season 2 of Penny Dreadful. No spoilers, but the main antagonists are creepy. Basically imagine Verbena turned barrabi Infernalists with some very dark focii...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Earlier:

"Mr Karyak and I have taken two interview accounts from Mrs Getwater that are recorded on this device," he said, sitting down. "I have yet to listen to his though in mine she did name the Labyrinth's security person and gave some other small details.

"Hum...well the name of their security person might be useful, I will listen to the tape...that is what it is called right?"
Jeffry said and took the recorder but then looked rather helplessly at the buttons.
"Ehm...how do I listen to it mea filius?"

She is reluctant, I think to tell us much and I did not wish to push further right now due to her state.

"That is probably wise, we do not want Miss Getwater's injury to get worse, we can interrogate her further once she have gotten some rest."
Your Mentor agreed.

However, she believes her only hope is not Mr Karyak but that the Labyrinth will save her. I suggest a perimeter alarm put on the area.

"She is probably right and that is starting to worry me, we now have three of the Labyrinth's members in captivity in addition to Kyle, that might be enough to make Larson take action and send someone to try to rescue her people...I agree about the perimeter alarm, one should probably be put up where Miss Getwater is to be kept."

Also, my discussion with Mr Karyak...well, I do not know how much of an impression I made. Though I told him she must be watched at all times under lock, a moment later he was talking about taking her with him to see to her case...in the end I told him that if he was leaving he needs a guard with Mrs Getwater. So that will need to be arranged, right now Mrs Gottschalk is with her..."

"I do not like to hear that fili mi, it seams Mr karyak might not have understood the danger in the situation. I will see if I can find someone to relieve Miss Getwater and a delegation from Westchapel, including Miss Getwater's teacher should arrive in not to long. One of the reasons why I let Mr Karyak tend to the prisoner was that we do not have more people to put put as guards but if the alternative is having him drag her along I have to let her own Chantry take her."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"I am looking forwards to telling Elena Danielson that her apprentice have sold herself to the Nephandi."
He muttered.
"Poor old Chorister I can think of few messages that would be worse."

Later:

"That is something at least. Thank you."

Cita gave you a smile and nodded.
"It was no problem."
She said.

"Very well, if you will excuse me," he said and went over towards the node room. He gave another nod to Jon and told him, "I'm going to go inside again," so he could record it into the book before he did so.

Jon made a quick note of your name in the log and nodded to you.
"Ok go right in Adley..."
The Virtual Adept said but he looked towards the Node room looking worried.
"I hate seeing her like that..."
He muttered.

Inside the Node room, you saw that Beatrice was awake again, she really did not sleep long at a time and she was twisting and whimpering while Amadeus tried to calm her down as he wiped sweat of his forehead with a wet cloth. The old Verbena looked up as you came into the room.
"Hello again child."
He said sounding a bit tired.

(OOC: I love Penny Dreadful, yes those ladies do have some creepy foci indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:05 pm

"Hum...well the name of their security person might be useful, I will listen to the tape...that is what it is called right?"
Jeffry said and took the recorder but then looked rather helplessly at the buttons.
"Ehm...how do I listen to it mea filius?"

"Yes, she named a few others and said they were trying to recruit an Orphan as well though she did not know whom. She was blackmailed...one of them pretended to be... friendly with her and got her into compromising situations, upon which were later used to coerce her into the caul a few months ago. This is the rewind button, this the playback button. Don't push them at the same time...and do keep it safe," he explained.

"Ido not like to hear that fili mi, it seams Mr karyak might not have understood the danger in the situation. I will see if I can find someone to relieve Miss Getwater and a delegation from Westchapel, including Miss Getwater's teacher should arrive in not to long. One of the reasons why I let Mr Karyak tend to the prisoner was that we do not have more people to put put as guards but if the alternative is having him drag her along I have to let her own Chantry take her."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"I am looking forwards to telling Elena Danielson that her apprentice have sold herself to the Nephandi."
He muttered.
"Poor old Chorister I can think of few messages that would be worse."

"I am not sure how he will react when they come for her, he seems to think without her present he will have a harder time with the case. At any rate, Mrs Getwater was concerned her mentor would find out, but there is not much to be done to avoid that."

Later:

Inside the Node room, you saw that Beatrice was awake again, she really did not sleep long at a time and she was twisting and whimpering while Amadeus tried to calm her down as he wiped sweat of his forehead with a wet cloth. The old Verbena looked up as you came into the room.
"Hello again child."
He said sounding a bit tired.

"Mr. Wainwright would like a wordvwith you. He is in the room across. I will stay with Beatrice," he said, walking over to them and kneeling down to take her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:41 pm

Earlier:

"Yes, she named a few others and said they were trying to recruit an Orphan as well though she did not know whom. She was blackmailed...one of them pretended to be... friendly with her and got her into compromising situations, upon which were later used to coerce her into the caul a few months ago.

Your Mentor gave a deep sigh and shook his head.
"It is a tragic case, and unfortunately it is a story I have come to expect from the Nephandi, I wish something could be done for Miss Getwater but...I doubt it. I will take note of those names she mentioned at least, if we take these bastards down at lest they will not get the chance ensnare someone else into their web."
He muttered angrily.

This is the rewind button, this the playback button. Don't push them at the same time...and do keep it safe," he explained.

Jeffry paid attention as you showed him which buttons to press.
"That do not seam...to complicated..."
He muttered though he still looked a bit confused.
"And off course I will keep it safe, you do not need to remind me to do my job mea filius."
The old mage said and gave you a bit of a stern look.

"I am not sure how he will react when they come for her, he seems to think without her present he will have a harder time with the case.

"Mr Karyak may very well be right about that fili mi, Miss Getwater is well trained by a respected Traditionalist Mentor she is sure to know more about our laws than your new Cabalmate do, that might be why she do not hae much faith in his plan to save her...however do make sure he do not attack any guests from Westchapel, for that just will not do."

At any rate, Mrs Getwater was concerned her mentor would find out, but there is not much to be done to avoid that."

"I can understand why she do not want her Mentor to be told what have happened but no, there is nothing that can be done to avoid that, and it is better her teacher learn now than later when she will not have the chance to say goodbye to her student."
The Flambeau said and looked down at his coffee mug and muttered a few choice words in Latin about what he thought about the situation.

Later:

"Mr. Wainwright would like a wordvwith you. He is in the room across. I will stay with Beatrice," he said, walking over to them and kneeling down to take her.

Amadeus nodded.
"Very well, thank you for letting me know."
He said and very gently placed Beatrice into your arms.
"Try to get her to rest if you can."
He muttered in a concerned tone of voice as he stood and stretched out tired joints. Beatrice looked up at you for a moment, sweat made hair stick to her pale forehead.
"Hi..."
She managed weakly before she cried out and twisted in your arms clearly in pain and distressed.

Amadeus gave his apprentice a sad look before he went over to the nearby room where he had been told he could find Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum