Serge Yager

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Serge Yager

Post by Warpmind on 12.02.18 7:13

I like these, bit a couple of questions - presumably "See Auras" strictly refers to emotions and not something like their magical ability or magical influences laid upon them? And would it seem prudent that "In The Zone" carries with it a matching penalty to Perception-based rolls to notice anything going on around the caster, such as someone armed and hostile showing up, or someone urgently trying to make contact with them? Smile
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on 12.02.18 9:59

Those works, I think that Serge can probably make a more complicated rote to see auras that will tell him more about a person's magickal powers and the like if he adds Prime 1.

Good job Jeremy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on 12.02.18 16:20

See Auras refers to auras that the M20 book can allows him to see. This is mostly just emotions but I think Serge can also learn when someone is magickal, supernatural, or a nephandus (he doesn't get any specific details though and he needs to be able to discern the colors).  Serge has used this before and was able to see Sierra and Cadence were fallen.  

But Serge definitely wouldn't be able to tell when magick is being used on his target or what type of magick they have.

And Yeah 'In the Zone' would definitely have a penalty Razz . Probably not just for Perception but also to react to anything that isn't what he's focusing on. He is quite literally ignoring everything around him just to hyper focus on one task.

Thanks Anja!

Serge's Mind 2 and Mind 3 art mental illusion would also probably be rotes but I couldn't think of a good name/description for them at the time.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on 13.02.18 13:54

Yes whatever or not someone is a magick user will be visible in the aura, so will several other supernatural conditions Mage use the same chart for colors and symbols that Vampire do I think, but off course Serge would not know what black Diablerie stripes in the aura means or the pale aura of an undead but if he looks at the aura of a Fay that will probably be amusing he have seen the black disturbances that indicate someone is Fallen. He can not tell when magick is used or what it is used for but mages have rainbow hues in their auras for example so when he have seen that enough times then he should be able to identify that.

Just write up the mental illusions rote and change the name when you think of a good name for it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on 22.04.18 7:14

I've been wanting to get another dot in Entropy and I think I have enough of a reason to justify getting another dot in it or at least arrange for Serge to have further study in it.

-Serge already knows how to sort through and view the chaotic strands of karmic fate [he has 1 dot in Entropy]

-He's talked about fate and luck with both Master Sharaya and Liv's father in the past. Liv's father in particular told him about the fickle nature of luck (He even taught Serge a rote only to find out that he can't use it yet Razz)

-Also after seeing his Mentor badly injured Serge may be wanting a bit more control over over the cycle of good and bad luck. To help control and prevent bad things happening to those he care about. Not a big reason but can serve as motivation for learning it.

-And here's the big one. Among the many lessons in his seeking, Serge was told about the importance of small actions. How little seemingly insignificant actions can have enormous consequences or benefits. This can be interpreted as Karma [one way the Cult of Ecstasy view the Entropy Sphere]. Taking small selfless actions will lead to good luck in the future whereas taking bad selfish actions will lead to bad luck and large consequences in the future. By accepting that small helpful actions are just as important as any other he is furthering his understanding of the karmic cycle.

Is that enough of a reason for Serge to gain the next level of the Entropy Sphere or at the very least to arrange for him to have further study of it?

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on 22.04.18 17:11; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on 22.04.18 8:43

That works and seams a very well tought out rationale for getting Entropy. I will let Serge get it and get a 1 exp bonus for this explination.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on 08.08.18 2:41

Here's my attempt at making the temporary dot spell. Let me know if it makes sense.

Skillshare - Mind 3 optional: Correspondence 3

Tool: Art, Symbols, Language, or Eye Contact. Optional: Meditation [only when Correspondance is used]

Description: Their are many skills in the world and many experts of those skills. Everyone is good at something and bubbling within their heads is the knowledge of how to do those skills to the best of their abilities. Not only just knowledge on how to do those skills but the muscle memory that comes from repeated practice. After all, muscle memory is stored within the subconscious mind. If someone were to gain access to all of that knowledge it's feasible they could bypass all of the years of training some of those skills normally require....

Serge learned early that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So many shows or games featured such an episode or character, one that could mirror and copy the moved of the protagonist. Rogue, Kirby, Dark Link, Megaman, and so many other power copiers whose purpose was to mirror the abilities of the heroes and enemies.

This spell is inspired by those tales. By concentrating on a connection between himself and a target, Serge can enter into the mind of his target and borrow knowledge regarding a certain ability. By incorporating this knowledge into his own and imagining himself doing the feats he's trying to copy and embodying the person he's copying, Serge can gain sudden talent and proficiency in certain abilities.

System: Before using this spell Serge needs to know that his target possess the ability he wishes to copy and some kind of connection to his target. This can things such as a picture of the two of them (Art), items or clothing from the target (Symbols), or imitating his targets speech patterns (Language). Eye contact can also be used as a connection in certain face to face match-ups (like a boxing match or a heated game of chess).

Once a connection has been established the player rolls arete. The number of successes determines the amount of temporary dots that Serge's gains. These dots go beyond just simple knowledge of an ability, but also the muscle memory and subtle optimization that come with long-term practice. This spell can never give more dots than the target has. If the target has 3 dots in firearms than that is the maximum amount of dots in firearms that Serge can ever gain from that person.

These temporary dots last for a scene or for whenever they've served their purpose. After the fight, the performance or the event in which he uses the action passes, Serge will forget everything he learned and will have no recollection of how he performed those feats.

By adding Correspondance to the mix, Serge can reach out into a wide area and gain knowledge from someone on the other side of town/world. A connection is still required but can be mitigated/avoided by using Entropy, entering into the mind's of random people in an area and using their emotional connections to find the most probable path to the one person who can provide him with the knowledge he needs. This can be handy when Serge needs to know how to lockpick and their's a thief on the other side of town breaking into a house.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on 08.08.18 19:25; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammer fixes)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on 08.08.18 15:09

That works very well and nice write up of the rote. Give yourself a free EXP point for the job.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on 08.08.18 19:23

Thanks Anja! Razz
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on 08.08.18 20:00

My pleasure I like rotes with some details to them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum