Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About my spelling errors.

Go down

About my spelling errors. Empty About my spelling errors.

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:14 pm

It have gotten to my attention comments about the spelling errors I make. Let me explain that A I have dyslexia, B I was bullied in school to the point of really have big holes in my education as I fled school for long periods of time and C English is not my first language, there will be spelling errors when I write. And yes I use a spell checker, however A they do not fix grammar and B they do not fix actual words that might be the wrong ones like the difference between with and wit for example, so while I do my best there will be spelling and grammar errors.

Now if something I have written is completely impossible to understand or if what I have written get a completely new and different meaning, House Mercere being the Massages of the Order or someone getting lost in a dessert then feel free to point that out to me so I can fix it, or if I should make a error with a NPC name or something which at times happens it is a big game by now. However unless itis one of these two I would prefer not to be corrected on my spelling and let me explain why.

Those of us who have dyslexia have heard it so many times, our points in debates being ignored just to be made fun of because we have two Ts in a word with only one or generally nagging about our spelling and frankly I am tired of it. I play this game for fun, not for it to be English class and like I said I do as good as I can. Also I often spend an hour or more on a post and that is not taking into account the time spent making NPC backstories, planning out storylines, researching background in the books and other work I do with the game meaning when I have written a hour long post I do not have the time to proof read it. If you want one post from me a week then sure I can drop my activity down to that and see when my husband have the chance to go over my posts with a fine tooth comb looking for spelling errors but I will make the guess most of you would prefer more posts to perfect grammar and spelling. I am not writing a novel I am writing to have fun and I do not have fun if I have to worry constantly about every line being scrutinized for errors.

I know when you offer spelling and grammar advice you mean well however when I explain that it is not really appreciated then please stop. I have stopped posting on fanfiction.net, not because I do not enjoy writing stories I do but because all the feedback I ever got was bitching about my spelling. I know some have this as a pet peeve and that is why I am writing this post to make it perfectly clear that this game will have spelling errors.

When my spelling is constantly nagged on I get nervous and uncertain when I write and the game go from being fun to being a chore and I do not want that. The thing with pet peeves is that they can actually be kept inside and please do for to have dyslexia is to have heard it all before and sometimes when we are writing for a hobby activity we do not want to have to watch every word for errors. When someone constantly nag on these it is hurtful and drain all creativity out of me.

So fair warning to all who might want to join the game have a look at the IC posts. Your ST have dyslexia and there will be spelling errors only come in to play if you can deal with that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down