Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 8 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Nicole:

"Continue left and then take a right and we should be on the freeway."
Arn said and pointed. Narim smiled a little.
"Well let us hope our insistent friends will be more busy taking their care for service than being a bother for us."
He commented before he continued going over the items in the bag.

Colin:

He frowned and shook his head slowly.

"Oh my the poor child, it is no wonder he is afraid."
Mona muttered horrified and glanced over at Kyle.

He shook his head, "Think further ahead, son. Much further ahead. Your trial is but one speed bump in the near future, but if you pursue grief and misery, you will get that, whereas if you pursue contentment and comfort, that's what you will find."

"I...get it I think Sir...I will try to make good choices then so my parents and Master Morgan can be proud of me."
The young mage said and he smiled a little.
"If you think I will...get off the hook during my trial."

He smiled thinly, "Who knows? Perhaps someday I will learn to build new, untwisted Avatars from the discarded remains of others... but I would not want to become a vulture, hanging around to profit from that abominable ritual. Not seeing it done to you, nor anyone else..."

"Making new Avatars would be a good idea, I mean that would be more magick organs floating around to make new mages or perhaps you with that can save some of those who have been...well you know..."
He muttered softly and sigh.

He frowned, "I've already informed the Chief about a coming attack - what I know of date, who's attacking, the outcome - but I don't know enough to prevent it. In the original timeline, Bee dies in that attack, but that can be changed yet, if she wishes it. But here's the crucial thing - would she want to be shuffled away for her own protection while Steelhaven Hall is besieged? Would you? Would anyone else in the Chantry? She'll fight like a tigress in that future... and she'll pay the price if she does, but she saves so many others... In any case, I've started recruiting reinforcements; that might swing the battle differently, since in the original timeline it was a surprise attack..."

"No I would not run if the Chantry where in trouble and I doubt Bee will either but when we know the attack is coming and we...have reinforcements the battle might go differently we can protect her."
The Akashic said and frowned.
"We can not just let her die after all she have suffered Colin, she deserve better than that, even if she is not willing to run and hide."
Richard drew a deep breath.
"Do anyone else die under that attack?"
He asked in a concerned tone of voice.

He smiled thinly, "The full truth and nothing but? No, of course not. But fantasy novels often rely heavily on the same sources - the fairy tales, the folklore, the Sleepers' warnings against the things that go bump in the night. Fairy tales were not made to make children afraid of monsters, so much as to show them that monsters can be fought. Look for the kernel of truth in the tales; chances are it's there. Sometimes hidden in allegory and metaphor... For example, I found a variant on the Princess and the Pea, implying it was not about neither a princess nor a pea... but a Fearie Queen and a ball of iron. The latter version could very well have happened, in fact..."

"Hum...well yes Deaconess O'Conner have a problem with iron that much is true. I have treated a burn on her hand once, where she had accidentally touched an iron pan, she was burned as if by acid and what's more the metal scare here, large steel objects often have to be removed before she will step into a room unless there is dire need, it seams also that allot of myths and legends have a core of truth in them...hum...I will be careful with requesting anything from the Deaconess then..."

He smiled wryly, "I hope your Latin is up to snuff, then. Hm, I should like a word, as well..."

"I ehm...Latin I guess I managed to cobble it together to ask Liv Bergen if I could take that tracker out of her shoulder if I made it numb, though she needed you to truly understand what I was saying. I am afraid my Latin skills are more suited to make simple conditions sound complicated and terrifying than at conversation...you are welcome to come along when I go to have a talk with the Marauders though, truth to be told I am a little nervous I have never seen one of the Mad Ones up close before."
Richard said and scratched his head.

(OOC: Or House Flambeau's yearly meet up event. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 8 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:47 pm

"Very well thank you, why don't you then go to the basement and see if you can arrange for a space for our prisoner, talk with the guards there and find some blankets for her, and I will make a meal for both her and for our guards down there they can need some as well and as any adventurer know s a tired, hungry guard is the first who slips up."
The large woman said and smiled.

"All right. I'll see if I talk to the guards about arranging a room. And I'm sure the guards will be happy to know that food is on the way. " Serge said with a nod.

He left the cafeteria and began to walk downstairs to the basement wondering to himself about the prisoner. Was it the shadow lady that they had seen in the attic or another Nephandi?
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:03 pm

"All right. I'll see if I talk to the guards about arranging a room. And I'm sure the guards will be happy to know that food is on the way. " Serge said with a nod.

"Thank you young artist."
Mara said as she headed towards the kitchen with the kittens following her.

He left the cafeteria and began to walk downstairs to the basement wondering to himself about the prisoner. Was it the shadow lady that they had seen in the attic or another Nephandi?

You saw that Helga, Darrian and Ty was still down in the basement keeping guard, the door to Kyle's room was open though and the young widderslainte was not there. Darrian nodded to you.
"What can I do for you ehm...Mr...ah forgive me I fear I have not yet learned your name."
The Solificato said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:31 pm

You saw that Helga, Darrian and Ty was still down in the basement keeping guard, the door to Kyle's room was open though and the young widderslainte was not there. Darrian nodded to you.
"What can I do for you ehm...Mr...ah forgive me I fear I have not yet learned your name."
The Solificato said.

"Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge s aid introducing himself.

"Deaconess O'Conner told me that Master Morgan and his group are bringing back a Nephandi prisoner. She asked me to talk to you guys about arranging a room for the prisoner." Serge said recounting the instructions that the fay mage had left for him.

"Oh yeah she's also bringing food for you guys." Serge said with a smile, wondering what kind of food a half-fairy half mage women would make.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:42 pm

"Serge Yager bani Cult of Ecstasy." Serge s aid introducing himself.

"Darrian Haagen Hermes bani Solificati."
The older mage said and he gave you a polite bow.
"A pleasure to formally meet you Mr Yager."

"Deaconess O'Conner told me that Master Morgan and his group are bringing back a Nephandi prisoner. She asked me to talk to you guys about arranging a room for the prisoner." Serge said recounting the instructions that the fay mage had left for him.

"Another one...we do not have much more room, we got Miss Clearwater down here as well now, and this really is not a place for a wounded woman, I am sure we can arrange for something but with Miss Clearwater we have had to place her in the same room as one of the other prisoners and have had to gag them both to prevent them discussing escape, it really is not a humane long term solution, and now with another one."
The Solificato said and frowned.

Oh yeah she's also bringing food for you guys." Serge said with a smile, wondering what kind of food a half-fairy half mage women would make.

"Ah that is very welcome Mr Yager us three here and Mrs Knox who is still with the vampires have been down here for some time now, a bit of food will do us good, please do thank the Deaconess from me."
Darrian said and his black dog barked happily clearly expecting to be fed as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Anja's Post:

'Excellent.' she replied, following the directions to the freeway. One on, she'll quickly accelerate as quickly to the speed limit, knowing that a car with a dead ECU wouldn't be able to cope - for it would be on "limp home" mode. That and they were in an ex-interceptor in perfect condition. Watching all the while to see if they pick up any other tails.

[Remember remember, the 5th of November... most events happened yesterday.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 pm

You did not seam to see anyone else following you. Narim looked up from the box of various items.
"Did we loose them Miss? If we did we should find a place to stop, I have copied the data from the phones and the tablet and while there are no great attachments to these items other than the electronics, we should still destroy them, and clean the arcane connections of the weapons if you wanted to keep those."
The Virtual Adept said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:19 pm

'I think we might have.' Nicole replied, lazily overtaking an old boating Plymouth as she stumped out her finished cigarette - her confidence and ease being behind the wheel clear. 'But better do a junction or two more, just to make sure. Any clue on the car? Fallen, Union or something worse?'

'I have no real need for the guns. But someone might.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:27 pm

"Darrian Haagen Hermes bani Solificati."
The older mage said and he gave you a polite bow.
"A pleasure to formally meet you Mr Yager."

Serge nodded his head politely and said, "Nice to formally meet you as well."

"Another one...we do not have much more room, we got Miss Clearwater down here as well now, and this really is not a place for a wounded woman, I am sure we can arrange for something but with Miss Clearwater we have had to place her in the same room as one of the other prisoners and have had to gag them both to prevent them discussing escape, it really is not a humane long term solution, and now with another one."
The Solificato said and frowned.

"Well that doesn't sound good at all." Serge said. He didn't really like the thought of Cadence being gagged or Nephandi prisoners being forced together.

"Do you have any ideas as to where to put the new prisoner? I'm still not familiar with all of the rooms or the layout of the chantry yet." Serge asked wanting to know what Darrien had in mind.

"Ah that is very welcome Mr Yager us three here and Mrs Knox who is still with the vampires have been down here for some time now, a bit of food will do us good, please do thank the Deaconess from me."
Darrian said and his black dog barked happily clearly expecting to be fed as well.

"I'll be sure to tell her that the next time I see her." Serge said, glancing at the black dog who was happily barking.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Serge nodded his head politely and said, "Nice to formally meet you as well."

Darrian smiled and nodded politely to that.

"Well that doesn't sound good at all." Serge said. He didn't really like the thought of Cadence being gagged or Nephandi prisoners being forced together.

"No it is not good, probably we are going to have to send some of the prisoners to Lux Itineris, they have room but they will also be treated far more harshly but we have little choice."

"Do you have any ideas as to where to put the new prisoner? I'm still not familiar with all of the rooms or the layout of the chantry yet." Serge asked wanting to know what Darrien had in mind.

"I am not sure, place him or her in on of the other rooms perhaps together with some of the other prisoner or chain them to that radiator over there, we really are not equipped for this, we have one cell down here, only one the rest have been put in storage rooms and the wash room but we are running out of places to put the prisoners..."

"I'll be sure to tell her that the next time I see her." Serge said, glancing at the black dog who was happily barking.

The dog looked at you and wagged his tail. Darrian nodded.
"Thank you Mr Yager I appreciate it."
He said then he looked down at the dog.
"Hum...it seams to me Mundi is hungry as well."
He said and patted the large animal on the head with a fond smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:09 pm

"I...get it I think Sir...I will try to make good choices then so my parents and Master Morgan can be proud of me."
The young mage said and he smiled a little.
"If you think I will...get off the hook during my trial."
Colin smiled, "I'm sure you will... but more importantly than making your parents and Mentor proud, make sure you can face the mirror with confidence. You yourself will be a far harsher critic of your actions than anyone else ever can."

"Making new Avatars would be a good idea, I mean that would be more magick organs floating around to make new mages or perhaps you with that can save some of those who have been...well you know..."
He muttered softly and sigh.
He frowned, "Ah, rebuilding Avatars might be a good idea, but trying to direct them... no. The consequences of one being having that sort of power would be... ehh, I wish I could call them unimaginable, but I'm cursed with quite the imagination. Suffice to say, mortal Magi should not try to control other Avatars."

"No I would not run if the Chantry where in trouble and I doubt Bee will either but when we know the attack is coming and we...have reinforcements the battle might go differently we can protect her."
The Akashic said and frowned.
"We can not just let her die after all she have suffered Colin, she deserve better than that, even if she is not willing to run and hide."
Richard drew a deep breath.
"Do anyone else die under that attack?"
He asked in a concerned tone of voice.
He frowned, "We can't just let her die, but there's another... element, twenty years down the line... If she dies this winter, she'll be reborn to let me find her and save Horizon from one of two attacking Nephandi battlecruisers. If she lives, that attack may not come, or the circumstances will be very different; enough so that that little victory I acquired might become either impossible, or very much more difficult. Who are we to dictate away her choice in the matter? As for others dying... I don't remember. The future vision, the memory was quite particular in the details I was allowed to remember, and seemingly as cautious with the details I could not recall right away... Future me, it seems, is a sneaky git."

"Hum...well yes Deaconess O'Conner have a problem with iron that much is true. I have treated a burn on her hand once, where she had accidentally touched an iron pan, she was burned as if by acid and what's more the metal scare here, large steel objects often have to be removed before she will step into a room unless there is dire need, it seams also that allot of myths and legends have a core of truth in them...hum...I will be careful with requesting anything from the Deaconess then..."
He nodded, "She was concerned enough with visiting my workshop a couple of days ago, to help me speed up the process of making an urgently needed Focus for Mrs. von Hess - there's little steel excepting my tools and the safe in the workshop, but it put her on edge all the same. And my presence seems to have a slightly unnerving effect on the Changing Folk, as well - silver seems as harmful to them as iron to Fae. Wooden stakes and sunlight are bad for vampires. I would go so far as to suggest that folklore and fairy tales ought to be the first place to look when you encounter something you don't recognize, but by no means the last."

"I ehm...Latin I guess I managed to cobble it together to ask Liv Bergen if I could take that tracker out of her shoulder if I made it numb, though she needed you to truly understand what I was saying. I am afraid my Latin skills are more suited to make simple conditions sound complicated and terrifying than at conversation...you are welcome to come along when I go to have a talk with the Marauders though, truth to be told I am a little nervous I have never seen one of the Mad Ones up close before."
Richard said and scratched his head.
He grinned, "Lady Ceris is pleasant enough, so long as you make sure to avoid concepts that only appeared after the eleventh century or so... She was quite impressed with the newfound trade routes to the east that made exotic spices so affordable as to allow even prisoners so richly flavoured meals. Fortunately, I have some pretty old recipes using more traditional seasonings, so I could prepare something more familiar to her palate. Just make sure to avoid potatoes and rice for starch..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:32 pm

"You make no sense!" Sierra muttered angrily.

"It makes logical sense."

"No...he did not before, he spoke of endless flow and creation before, flowing though the electrical currents...he was beautiful, so beautiful." The Nephanda said an sigh. "But...but what I saw...in the Caul it have...have to be the truth it have to." She muttered desperately.

"The endless flow of creation is the way your avatar is supposed to communicate to you, they are beautiful...what happened...tore that apart, annihilated it and put back what was left. That is why you crave nothingness, it has lost its connection," he said in a sorrowful tone.

"No...I did not hurt him I could not have...I would never!" Sierra shouted then she gave you a hurt look. "Why don't you just torture me instead of saying these things to confuse me." She whimpered.

"I am not confusing you, quite the opposite. That's why you are so angry right now..."

"I was ordered to find out why Larson is so bloody interested in your Chantry so I hung around all night trying to figure something out, when I felt Qlipothic magick from inside of the apartment building I confused your Umbrood so I could travel along the electrical wiring to try to gather intel while the wards where weakened." Sierra said with a sigh. "That is why I was outside.

He raised an eyebrow at her. Well, maybe that was in part the source of the weird code..."I see. So, your Labyrinth has been keeping tabs on us and hers..."

"I can't my superiors would not want me to tell such things to a Traditionalist." She said and shook her head.

"From what you're saying, they also don't want that woman to succeed..."

// Happy fireworks day Nicole-p!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:03 pm

"No it is not good, probably we are going to have to send some of the prisoners to Lux Itineris, they have room but they will also be treated far more harshly but we have little choice."

"Lux Itineris? That's the name of another chantry here in Boston right?" Serge said remembering that their were many chantries within Boston.

"That does make sense. If we don't have space here then sending them to our allied chantries who have the space seems like a smart idea." Serge reasoned.

"They'll be treated more harshly at Lux Iternis? Really?" Serge asked, still not too familiar with the other chantries of Boston.

"I am not sure, place him or her in on of the other rooms perhaps together with some of the other prisoner or chain them to that radiator over there, we really are not equipped for this, we have one cell down here, only one the rest have been put in storage rooms and the wash room but we are running out of places to put the prisoners..."

"Chaining them to a radiator is also an option if no better options presents itself." Serge said, more so trying to convince himself that it was a fine option.

"I assume we would want to keep the prisoner down here right? Rather than.... literally anywhere else in the chantry." Serge said wondering if it was possible to keep the prisoner chained up in one of the apartments.

The dog looked at you and wagged his tail. Darrian nodded.
"Thank you Mr Yager I appreciate it."
He said then he looked down at the dog.
"Hum...it seams to me Mundi is hungry as well."
He said and patted the large animal on the head with a fond smile.

"Man, I never mentioned it before, but your dog is really cool." Serge said picturing Darrien wielding a bow and arrow and imagining him as a beastmaster ranger that so often appeared in fantasy novels.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "I'm sure you will... but more importantly than making your parents and Mentor proud, make sure you can face the mirror with confidence. You yourself will be a far harsher critic of your actions than anyone else ever can."

Kyle nodded.
"I...suspect I will, I want to be a person who is not a danger to animals and kids or anything so my parents can have another child."
The young widderslainte said solemnly.

He frowned, "Ah, rebuilding Avatars might be a good idea, but trying to direct them... no. The consequences of one being having that sort of power would be... ehh, I wish I could call them unimaginable, but I'm cursed with quite the imagination. Suffice to say, mortal Magi should not try to control other Avatars."

"You could not place an Avatar into a mage Sir? it would have to choose for itself?"
Kyle asked then he scratched his head.
"What are they Sir? Avatars I mean, where are they from and what are they made of and why do they live in people's souls?"

He frowned, "We can't just let her die, but there's another... element, twenty years down the line... If she dies this winter, she'll be reborn to let me find her and save Horizon from one of two attacking Nephandi battlecruisers. If she lives, that attack may not come, or the circumstances will be very different; enough so that that little victory I acquired might become either impossible, or very much more difficult. Who are we to dictate away her choice in the matter?

"Presenting it like you just did is also a way to direct Bee's choice telling her she can choose to just die in the fight even if we now have the chance to change the battle and safe her or put Horizon in danger, she should not be given that choice. I am not much for prophecy, not when life and death are involved or rather not when you plan on letting a loved one died because you have seen some benefit to her death in a vision that is not ok, one thing is for example doing a medical check because one have foreseen illness for is one is wrong then at worst one have wasted a little money and time but saying Bee should be told she should let herself be killed to make your vision progress as you have seen is not acceptable, we have twnty years we will find some other way to stop that attack, if it ever comes!"
Richard said and he sounded quite irritated.

As for others dying... I don't remember. The future vision, the memory was quite particular in the details I was allowed to remember, and seemingly as cautious with the details I could not recall right away... Future me, it seems, is a sneaky git."

"I have no doubt that he is...well we are just going to have to make sure no one dies when the attack on Steelhaven comes then, we can not just stand back and let that happen."
The Akashic said with determination in his voice.

He nodded, "She was concerned enough with visiting my workshop a couple of days ago, to help me speed up the process of making an urgently needed Focus for Mrs. von Hess - there's little steel excepting my tools and the safe in the workshop, but it put her on edge all the same. And my presence seems to have a slightly unnerving effect on the Changing Folk, as well - silver seems as harmful to them as iron to Fae. Wooden stakes and sunlight are bad for vampires. I would go so far as to suggest that folklore and fairy tales ought to be the first place to look when you encounter something you don't recognize, but by no means the last."

"You made a pendulum then for Mrs Von Hess?"
Richard asked.
"You know she might also be able to help you with Anna's healthcare, she is if I do not remember it wrong rather excellent at medical dowsing. Now as for supernatural creatures you may be right though I at times wonder if the myths are based on truth or if these creatures gets these strengths and weaknesses because the sleepers believe they have them, very much like a mage might gain Echos."
He mushed.

He grinned, "Lady Ceris is pleasant enough, so long as you make sure to avoid concepts that only appeared after the eleventh century or so... She was quite impressed with the newfound trade routes to the east that made exotic spices so affordable as to allow even prisoners so richly flavoured meals. Fortunately, I have some pretty old recipes using more traditional seasonings, so I could prepare something more familiar to her palate. Just make sure to avoid potatoes and rice for starch..."

"Lady Ceres do not like rice and potatoes? Well I will be checking on her friend's health after her captivity I am not going to be cooking for them, you make it sound like the woman is stuck in the middle ages though?"
Richard said and raised and eyebrow.
"What about the girl, Maya I think her name was, do you know what her madness is based around?"

Adley:

"It makes logical sense."

"No it do not and you are a dick!"
Sierra grumbled and shot you an angry glare.

"The endless flow of creation is the way your avatar is supposed to communicate to you, they are beautiful...what happened...tore that apart, annihilated it and put back what was left. That is why you crave nothingness, it has lost its connection," he said in a sorrowful tone.

"I...but...no I do not want to hear this...I have not harmed him I have not! Please just stop talking!"
The Nephanda cried and tears welled up in her eyes.
"Just stop talking!"

"I am not confusing you, quite the opposite. That's why you are so angry right now..."

"No that is not true it is not!"
Sierra shouted at you but she sounded less sure than she tried to sound and she shook her head several times.
"You are just talking intellectual bullshit!"

He raised an eyebrow at her. Well, maybe that was in part the source of the weird code..."I see. So, your Labyrinth has been keeping tabs on us and hers..."

"We have tried to find out what Larson is up to yes but our only interest in your Chantry is that she seam so interested in it and that she had a spirit attack it."
Sierra explained.
"Traditionalists in general are best avoided unless one is trying to recruit new members to our ranks."

"From what you're saying, they also don't want that woman to succeed..."

"Hell no she is an abomination and what she want to do can only bring pain and destruction on us all, not nothingness just pain and destruction not to mention it is bloody offensive!"
The prisoner exclaimed.
"Fuck Larson and her plans!"

Serge:

"Lux Itineris? That's the name of another chantry here in Boston right?" Serge said remembering that their were many chantries within Boston.

"That it correct it is a Hermetic Ancestral Chantry and it is the Domus Magna of this Tribunal."
Darrian confirmed.

"That does make sense. If we don't have space here then sending them to our allied chantries who have the space seems like a smart idea." Serge reasoned.

"Agreed we might have no other choice, but Lux Itineris...well there have been some issues with them this week not that it is something I want to get into here but yes we might have to send some prisoners to them until we can get them sent to Horizon for trial."

"They'll be treated more harshly at Lux Iternis? Really?" Serge asked, still not too familiar with the other chantries of Boston.

"Well if how they treat their own members who have stepped wrong according to their Chantry rules are any indication then yes the prisoners will be treated far more harshly there than with us."
The alchemist commented and he frowned.

"Chaining them to a radiator is also an option if no better options presents itself." Serge said, more so trying to convince himself that it was a fine option.

"It is not a good option, they should be treated better, no matter what a prisoner have done or who they are it reflect on our honor how we treat them Mr Yager but we might have no other choice at the moment then to take such measures."
Darrian said and he frowned again.

"I assume we would want to keep the prisoner down here right? Rather than.... literally anywhere else in the chantry." Serge said wondering if it was possible to keep the prisoner chained up in one of the apartments.

"The rooms upstairs have windows our prisoners can escape out of our shout out of and draw the attention of sleeper authorities to us, no it have to be the basement that is the safest Mr Yager."
Darrian said and sigh.

"Man, I never mentioned it before, but you having a dog companion is really cool." Serge said picturing Darrien wielding a bow and arrow and imagining him as a beastmaster ranger that so often appeared in fantasy novels.

"Why thank you young man Mundi is my familiar spirit."
The alchemist said fondly as he scratched the dog behind the ear.
"Would you like to pet him, he is friendly."
He offered. Mundi continued to wag his tail slowly back and forth happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:17 pm

"No it do not and you are a dick!" Sierra grumbled and shot you an angry glare.

"It makes intuitive, spiritual sense also."

"I...but...no I do not want to hear this...I have not harmed him I have not! Please just stop talking!" The Nephanda cried and tears welled up in her eyes. "Just stop talking!"

"You may not want to hear it, least of all from me, but it is true. You can call me a dick if you want to do so, but it does not change it. There is still a part of you that recognizes it is so."

"No that is not true it is not!" Sierra shouted at you but she sounded less sure than she tried to sound and she shook her head several times. "You are just talking intellectual bullshit!"

"Far from it, this is not some theory, nor some mental exercise in academics. I am speaking about avatars and spirit. What once desired to ascend has been corrupted and lost its way."

"We have tried to find out what Larson is up to yes but our only interest in your Chantry is that she seam so interested in it and that she had a spirit attack it." Sierra explained. "Traditionalists in general are best avoided unless one is trying to recruit new members to our ranks."

He frowned a bit as they walked along and she explained her purported reason to be at their home. It seemed to confirm that there was indeed another active labyrinth cell involved, if peripherally - though he wasn't sure if she was from Boston yet.

"Hell no she is an abomination and what she want to do can only bring pain and destruction on us all, not nothingness just pain and destruction not to mention it is bloody offensive!" The prisoner exclaimed. "Fuck Larson and her plans!"

"So why not tell us what you heard, if you think it's such a mistake?" he asked. "Listen, you've got a few minutes here to make a difference - you really want to have said that at any point you protected your chantry and mentor then this is your shot, though I cannot stress enough saving them from these plans only for you to still want to utterly annihilate them is still very wrong. I believe you and your avatar should examine that and what I've said. But why not tell us what you've heard about her plans? How did you even know that she had a spirit attack, hrm?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Kyle nodded.
"I...suspect I will, I want to be a person who is not a danger to animals and kids or anything so my parents can have another child."
The young widderslainte said solemnly.
Colin nodded, "Thus we proceed, then - a little guidance and a lot of work, and we'll see what the future brings to the mix."

"You could not place an Avatar into a mage Sir? it would have to choose for itself?"
Kyle asked then he scratched his head.
"What are they Sir? Avatars I mean, where are they from and what are they made of and why do they live in people's souls?"
He scratched his head, "What are Avatars... You know, that's still a matter of some dispute, it seems, but from what I can gather, the general consensus is that they are perfect spirits, extremely powerful, but in being perfect they lack the ability to learn and grow... so they make themselves imperfect by latching on to mortals, giving us the ability to use magic while they learn mortal perspectives and expand their understanding of everything in a wonderful symbiosis. I'm not sure how they choose their hosts, though I think there's some conscious decision on their part - they don't see time as we do, so they pick a human they think they'll be compatible with. Mine chose me because we're both broken, and we both put ourselves together again afterwards... we're both incredibly stubborn, both survivors against all odds..."

"Presenting it like you just did is also a way to direct Bee's choice telling her she can choose to just die in the fight even if we now have the chance to change the battle and safe her or put Horizon in danger, she should not be given that choice. I am not much for prophecy, not when life and death are involved or rather not when you plan on letting a loved one died because you have seen some benefit to her death in a vision that is not ok, one thing is for example doing a medical check because one have foreseen illness for is one is wrong then at worst one have wasted a little money and time but saying Bee should be told she should let herself be killed to make your vision progress as you have seen is not acceptable, we have twnty years we will find some other way to stop that attack, if it ever comes!"
Richard said and he sounded quite irritated.
He nodded, "Presenting it like that would be doing her a disservice, yes... and there are other ideas, other possibilities unfolding even now. Nevertheless, from my visions of the future, two things stand out on this matter: The first, the Union will attack us on January 2nd. I don't think that can be changed. The second, in the future where Bee died in that attack, her reincarnation enabled me to take down the defenses on a Nephandi Battlecruiser over Horizon, so our own ships could take it out entirely. Here's the rub on that particular detail - without Bee's reincarnation on that battlecruiser, the attack might not happen. She was crucial to its operation, and without her... the Fallen might not gather the strength for the attack."
He scratched his cheek, "There are a few knowns, and a lot of unknowns... When New Year's comes along, she will be the one to decide whether she stays to fight or runs and hides - and we will support her decision whatever it will be. And we will protect her as best we can."

"I have no doubt that he is...well we are just going to have to make sure no one dies when the attack on Steelhaven comes then, we can not just stand back and let that happen."
The Akashic said with determination in his voice.
He nodded, "Like I said, I've already started fishing for reinforcements. Knowing the day, we can prepare our defenses far better."

"You made a pendulum then for Mrs Von Hess?"
Richard asked.
"You know she might also be able to help you with Anna's healthcare, she is if I do not remember it wrong rather excellent at medical dowsing. Now as for supernatural creatures you may be right though I at times wonder if the myths are based on truth or if these creatures gets these strengths and weaknesses because the sleepers believe they have them, very much like a mage might gain Echos."
He mushed.
He nodded, "She was quite pleased with the result, too - a beautifully balanced piece made from inherited silver. Quite the potent tool, and with containment space for sympathetic agents."
He smiled wryly, "Spirits and magic don't work on linear time like we do. Perhaps vampires in the middle ages developed a weakness to wooden stakes, because in the 19th century, Bram Stoker wrote that they did? Belief is a powerful agent, and there are a lot of Sleepers to believe, however much or little they consciously believe..."

"Lady Ceres do not like rice and potatoes? Well I will be checking on her friend's health after her captivity I am not going to be cooking for them, you make it sound like the woman is stuck in the middle ages though?"
Richard said and raised and eyebrow.
"What about the girl, Maya I think her name was, do you know what her madness is based around?"
He shook his head, "She might like them just fine, the problem is neither of them was available in medieval Europe. She believes it's the tenth or eleventh century, and she's quite in awe of the enchanted crossbow bolt I took her down with - a Primium round from my pistol. She knows she is insane, but aside from being temporally dislocated mentally, she's remarkably rational and pleasant. And quite remorseful for being duped by Larson."
He pondered, "I think someone mentioned the girl is stuck in a fairy tale, or something like that... I'm not too certain about the details, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 am

((Oh, so we are all around the same hour! Great!))

Probably, indifference. I suppose it depends on the people guarding, but we don't mistreat prisoners. Our chief of security was greatly troubled by having little option but extract information by force out of a full fledged nephandus, so i don't belive they'll have much problem with you.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:36 am

"That it correct it is a Hermetic Ancestral Chantry and it is the Domus Magna of this Tribunal."
Darrian confirmed.
"Agreed we might have no other choice, but Lux Itineris...well there have been some issues with them this week not that it is something I want to get into here but yes we might have to send some prisoners to them until we can get them sent to Horizon for trial."
"Well if how they treat their own members who have stepped wrong according to their Chantry rules are any indication then yes the prisoners will be treated far more harshly there than with us."
The alchemist commented and he frowned.

Serge seemed surprised at how Darrien described the other chantry, but chose not to delve too much deeper into it.

"It is not a good option, they should be treated better, no matter what a prisoner have done or who they are it reflect on our honor how we treat them Mr Yager but we might have no other choice at the moment then to take such measures."
Darrian said and he frowned again.

"Of course we should treat them nicely. We're mages not monsters." Serge agreed.

"Still it's a shame that their is no other option."

"The rooms upstairs have windows our prisoners can escape out of our shout out of and draw the attention of sleeper authorities to us, no it have to be the basement that is the safest Mr Yager."
Darrian said and sigh.

"Yeah I figured...." Serge said grumbling to himself. In the back of his mind he could hear Kyle's voice screaming about using magickal solution. A spell to keep the binded or to make them quiet or to just put them to sleep for a long time? But he knew the mages of Steelhaven were smarter than him and if they didn't want to us magick it was likely for a good reason.

"Are you sure their isn't any rooms that we're not using upstairs. We could...I dunno.....board up the windows and gag her so she doesn't yell for help. Sorry I might be grasping at straws here though."

"Why thank you young man Mundi is my familiar spirit."
The alchemist said fondly as he scratched the dog behind the ear.

"Oh yeah he's a spirit!' Serge said remembering how the dog showed up as one on the map.

"Would you like to pet him, he is friendly."
He offered. Mundi continued to wag his tail slowly back and forth happily.

"Ehh....why not. I've played with cats today. Wouldn't be fair if I left the dog alone." Serge said as he accepted Darrien's offer. He gently brought his hand forward and petted Mundi.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:33 am

Nicole:

'I think we might have.' Nicole replied, lazily overtaking an old boating Plymouth as she stumped out her finished cigarette - her confidence and ease being behind the wheel clear. 'But better do a junction or two more, just to make sure. Any clue on the car? Fallen, Union or something worse?'

"I agree we should give it a few more junctions to make sure we are not still followed, as for the car I suspect Union, my guess is the suits back there called someone to follow us but it is hard to be sure, all I know it was magi inside of it."
Narim said and he frowned.
"Hopefully they are not able to pick up the chase, just what we need in this mess the Technocracy as well."

'I have no real need for the guns. But someone might.'

"True enough we can take them to the Chantry and ask, though if you have no real desire for them it will probably ease the Chief's mind if we just destroy them."
Narim said.
"He is not fond of us bringing effects from prisoners home."

Adley:

"It makes intuitive, spiritual sense also."

Sierra did not reply she just glowered at you.

"You may not want to hear it, least of all from me, but it is true. You can call me a dick if you want to do so, but it does not change it. There is still a part of you that recognizes it is so."

"No I...I...no...you are wrong!"
The Nephanda protested she looked down at her bound feet.
"Leave me alone I don't want to hear anymore!"

"Far from it, this is not some theory, nor some mental exercise in academics. I am speaking about avatars and spirit. What once desired to ascend has been corrupted and lost its way."

"But he...have to be happy he have to I do not want him...to have been hurt by what I did and..."
Sierra muttered but she was running out of arguments.

"So why not tell us what you heard, if you think it's such a mistake?" he asked. "Listen, you've got a few minutes here to make a difference - you really want to have said that at any point you protected your chantry and mentor then this is your shot, though I cannot stress enough saving them from these plans only for you to still want to utterly annihilate them is still very wrong. I believe you and your avatar should examine that and what I've said. But why not tell us what you've heard about her plans? How did you even know that she had a spirit attack, hrm?"

"Why should I examine anything with my Avatar you guys are going to kill it!"
Sierra said bitterly and tears welled up in her eyes.
"I ok listen I can tell you what I know about Larson's plan, but only her I will tell you nothing that can lead you bastards to my own Labyrinth got it? And also just for the record no seeking non existence is not wrong it is beautiful!"
She grumbled.
"I knew Larson had a spirit attack for since I was outside your Chantry all night watching it like I said trying to figure out what Larson want with you."
She replied then she continued.
"Ok this is what the rumors are saying that Larson is working with one Labyrinth in Chicago and one in San Francisco to try to contact an Aswadim, that are our version of an Oracle, the plan is then to shackle this being and force him or her to actually act in the physical world, which they never do they just advice. Her plan is then to use the might of that Oracle to destroy all her enemies before she sent him or her to draw Quintessence from the Qlippothic Shade Realm of Prime, draw all of it and then go to the center of our world and inject all of that Corruption right into the tree at the center of the world, the symbol of the consciousness that started reality or some other such shit. Now firt of all this is like you take the God of any religion and piss at it, we don't like it at all, however most likely Larson's plan is not going to work and all you will have is a pissed of Oracle going on a rampage, but draining one of the Qlipothic Shade Realms, our former Hermetics are completely terrified about that, they say that it might shatter the Qlipothic tree, I have no idea what that mean but it have our Hermetics crewing her robes. Larson have also threatened our Labyrinth, they have said they will attack us unless we give them one of our widderslainte's I don't understand why would they want one of our widderslaintes and two of our guys are just missing. Larson is delusional and she needs to be stopped and also while they are stuck up assholes, unfortunatly when the Hermetics are agitated it is usually a good idea to listen."
Sierra said and sigh.
"I heard them talk among themselves if a message should be sent to the other factions about it."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Thus we proceed, then - a little guidance and a lot of work, and we'll see what the future brings to the mix."

Kyle smiled at that and nodded.

He scratched his head, "What are Avatars... You know, that's still a matter of some dispute, it seems, but from what I can gather, the general consensus is that they are perfect spirits, extremely powerful, but in being perfect they lack the ability to learn and grow... so they make themselves imperfect by latching on to mortals, giving us the ability to use magic while they learn mortal perspectives and expand their understanding of everything in a wonderful symbiosis.

"That is really nice actually, it is a beautiful idea. Do you think my ghost woman have done the same, she is perfect and have come to me to learn?"
Kyle said and he smiled a little.

I'm not sure how they choose their hosts, though I think there's some conscious decision on their part - they don't see time as we do, so they pick a human they think they'll be compatible with. Mine chose me because we're both broken, and we both put ourselves together again afterwards... we're both incredibly stubborn, both survivors against all odds..."

The boy looked at you for a while then he smiled a little and nodded.
"I see, that makes sense. I wonder why my Avatar choose me, all I know of her is that I see her when I got to sleep in night she stands next to me and watch over me when I sleep."
He commented.

He nodded, "Presenting it like that would be doing her a disservice, yes... and there are other ideas, other possibilities unfolding even now. Nevertheless, from my visions of the future, two things stand out on this matter: The first, the Union will attack us on January 2nd. I don't think that can be changed. The second, in the future where Bee died in that attack, her reincarnation enabled me to take down the defenses on a Nephandi Battlecruiser over Horizon, so our own ships could take it out entirely. Here's the rub on that particular detail - without Bee's reincarnation on that battlecruiser, the attack might not happen. She was crucial to its operation, and without her... the Fallen might not gather the strength for the attack."

"I see, well then we should work to make the attack on our Chantry as little damaging as possible, we are going to protect Bee and then worry about the future when it gets here."
Richard said and frowned.
"I am not going to just let her die when we can change that outcome."

He scratched his cheek, "There are a few knowns, and a lot of unknowns... When New Year's comes along, she will be the one to decide whether she stays to fight or runs and hides - and we will support her decision whatever it will be. And we will protect her as best we can."

The Akashic nodded and he sigh.
"Very well but if she stays and fights which you know she will, we have to keep her safe somehow, we just have to."

He nodded, "Like I said, I've already started fishing for reinforcements. Knowing the day, we can prepare our defenses far better."

The Akashic nodded at that and he smiled grimly.
"We will be ready, I will speak with my Mentor about reinforcements as well."

He nodded, "She was quite pleased with the result, too - a beautifully balanced piece made from inherited silver. Quite the potent tool, and with containment space for sympathetic agents."

"That sounds like a beautiful tool, well Mrs Von Hess is a very skilled dowser."
Richard said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "Spirits and magic don't work on linear time like we do. Perhaps vampires in the middle ages developed a weakness to wooden stakes, because in the 19th century, Bram Stoker wrote that they did? Belief is a powerful agent, and there are a lot of Sleepers to believe, however much or little they consciously believe..."

"Hum it is a possibility, belief do form reality so it might be sleeper belief that give the vampires their weaknesses or it might have been with them all the time or both...it also make me wonder if we will all have Echos in the future and melt if someone throws water on us."
The Akashic says and frowns.

He shook his head, "She might like them just fine, the problem is neither of them was available in medieval Europe. She believes it's the tenth or eleventh century, and she's quite in awe of the enchanted crossbow bolt I took her down with - a Primium round from my pistol. She knows she is insane, but aside from being temporally dislocated mentally, she's remarkably rational and pleasant. And quite remorseful for being duped by Larson."

"No potatoes or rice then it is not good for you anyway, I get so tired of having to argue with diabetes patients about rice and potatoes, such food are cheap and where used by the poor to fill their bellies if one can afford to live of good vegetables and meat if you eat it then that is better...but yes I am going out on a tangent."
The Akashic muttered.
"Hum...I am going to need a translator then to speak with the good lady."

He pondered, "I think someone mentioned the girl is stuck in a fairy tale, or something like that... I'm not too certain about the details, though."

"Stuck in a fairytale, oh my how will I even communicate with the girl?"
Richard declared.

Serge:

"Of course we should treat them nicely. We're mages not monsters." Serge agreed.

"Still it's a shame that their is no other option."

"We try to give the two of them a bit of relief when we can but the situation is difficult and our only option are to try to be kind but deal with the limitations we have as well."
Darrian said and sigh.

"Yeah I figured...." Serge said grumbling to himself. In the back of his mind he could hear Kyle's voice screaming about using magickal solution. A spell to keep the binded or to make them quiet or to just put them to sleep for a long time? But he knew the mages of Steelhaven were smarter than him and if they didn't want to us magick it was likely for a good reason.

"Are you sure their isn't any rooms that we're not using upstairs. We could...I dunno.....board up the windows and gag her so she doesn't yell for help. Sorry I might be grasping at straws here though."

"That would mean setting up another guard team somewhere else, we do not have enough people for that."
Darrian said and he shook his head sadly.

"Oh yeah he's a spirit!' Serge said remembering how the dog showed up as one on the map.

"He is at that, a spirit in the body of a dog that have agreed to join with my very being."
The alchemist said and nodded.

"Ehh....why not. I've played with cats today. Wouldn't be fair if I left the dog alone." Serge said as he accepted Darrien's offer. He gently brought his hand forward and petted Mundi.

The dog seamed happy to be petted and he wagged his tail and pressed his large head towards you.
"Cats have we gotten cats at the Chantry now Mr Yager?"
Darrian asked and he raised an eyebrow.

Tane:

Probably, indifference. I suppose it depends on the people guarding, but we don't mistreat prisoners. Our chief of security was greatly troubled by having little option but extract information by force out of a full fledged nephandus, so i don't belive they'll have much problem with you.

Cadence seamed a little scared but she nodded.
"O...ok..."
She muttered then she took a few steps and winced.
"Will you be by to visit me later?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:49 am

Tane's heart was soft as snow in spring, and her fear weakened his resolve to let her there. Even then, and feeling sorry for everyone at that faen war, he steeled his heart and proceeded. I will go with you through this all, i promise. After i do the things i need to do, i'll come back and to your side. I have come to live here so i'll never be far away.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:47 am

"No I...I...no...you are wrong!" The Nephanda protested she looked down at her bound feet. "Leave me alone I don't want to hear anymore!"

"The Lady doth protest too much. Think about it..." he said with a sigh.

"But he...have to be happy he have to I do not want him...to have been hurt by what I did and..." Sierra muttered but she was running out of arguments.

"I'm very sorry," he replied, shaking his head at her protests.

"Why should I examine anything with my Avatar you guys are going to kill it!" Sierra said bitterly and tears welled up in her eyes.

He sighed. "You should at least be honest with yourself..."

"I ok listen I can tell you what I know about Larson's plan, but only her I will tell you nothing that can lead you bastards to my own Labyrinth got it? And also just for the record no seeking non existence is not wrong it is beautiful!"

He gave a small shrug. "I'm not trying to strike some deal here, that's not happening. I'm merely pointing out that since you don't agree with these plans, then why not say? And no, it's not beautiful to want to annihilator your friends, loved ones, and even strangers that you don't know..." He glanced at her a moment as she began to speak and then back to keeping watch on how close they were getting to home.

"I knew Larson had a spirit attack for since I was outside your Chantry all night watching it like I said trying to figure out what Larson want with you." She replied then she continued.

He frowned at that. Dammit...how could they not have seen her for hours...all night long!

"Ok this is what the rumors are saying that Larson is working with one Labyrinth in Chicago and one in San Francisco to try to contact an Aswadim, that are our version of an Oracle, the plan is then to shackle this being and force him or her to actually act in the physical world, which they never do they just advice. Her plan is then to use the might of that Oracle to destroy all her enemies before she sent him or her to draw Quintessence from the Qlippothic Shade Realm of Prime, draw all of it and then go to the center of our world and inject all of that Corruption right into the tree at the center of the world...Larson is delusional and she needs to be stopped and also while they are stuck up assholes, unfortunatly when the Hermetics are agitated it is usually a good idea to listen." Sierra said and sigh. "I heard them talk among themselves if a message should be sent to the other factions about it."

Some of what she said he already knew but the context around it, the part about the qlippothic shard realm...his face paled even further than it already had from all the exertion. For a moment he couldn't even speak as he was digesting all of that and he shook his head. He took  breath and asked, "Anything else...?" Not that wasn't too much already...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:28 am

"That is really nice actually, it is a beautiful idea. Do you think my ghost woman have done the same, she is perfect and have come to me to learn?"
Kyle said and he smiled a little.
Colin nodded, "Perhaps she picked you because she thought you could restore her - undo what your previous incarnation did."

The boy looked at you for a while then he smiled a little and nodded.
"I see, that makes sense. I wonder why my Avatar choose me, all I know of her is that I see her when I got to sleep in night she stands next to me and watch over me when I sleep."
He commented.
He smiled wryly, "One may simply wonder what it is she sees at that time..."

"I see, well then we should work to make the attack on our Chantry as little damaging as possible, we are going to protect Bee and then worry about the future when it gets here."
"I am not going to just let her die when we can change that outcome."
He smiled, "There we are in agreement, then. I cannot deny her the right to choose to stay and fight, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let her simply get killed on the barricades, either. I would feel a lot better if she hid in the Umbra for the day and came back to help heal the wounded afterwards... but I don't think she'll be satisfied with that."

The Akashic nodded and he sigh.
"Very well but if she stays and fights which you know she will, we have to keep her safe somehow, we just have to."
He frowned, "There's no 'safe' on the battlefield, believe me - the best we can do is stay alert and try to pick off all attackers, to run interceptions for her. But that might be enough..."

The Akashic nodded at that and he smiled grimly.
"We will be ready, I will speak with my Mentor about reinforcements as well."
He nodded, "Good... and coordinate with the Chief. As will I."

"That sounds like a beautiful tool, well Mrs Von Hess is a very skilled dowser."
Richard said and nodded.
He nodded, "I am professionally pleased with the result, and she is very much so."

"Hum it is a possibility, belief do form reality so it might be sleeper belief that give the vampires their weaknesses or it might have been with them all the time or both...it also make me wonder if we will all have Echos in the future and melt if someone throws water on us."
The Akashic says and frowns.
He shook his head, "I don't necessarily we'd all melt from water, that's rather a silly weakness. I think there was this ridiculous aliens movie who did the same moronic twist, too... But that we all might have some strange, identifying trait - quite possible. Heh... I'm sure Adley would look quite dashing if he suddenly grew a great wizardly beard at work... in class."

"No potatoes or rice then it is not good for you anyway, I get so tired of having to argue with diabetes patients about rice and potatoes, such food are cheap and where used by the poor to fill their bellies if one can afford to live of good vegetables and meat if you eat it then that is better...but yes I am going out on a tangent."
The Akashic muttered.
"Hum...I am going to need a translator then to speak with the good lady."
He shrugged, "I was under the impression we needed some starches in the diet, but yes, there are too many carbohydrate sources in most easily available food today... Hm, if I have the time to spare, I'd be glad to help translate."

"Stuck in a fairytale, oh my how will I even communicate with the girl?"
Richard declared.
He shrugged, "I don't know, honestly - I'd have to speak with the girl to see how it manifests."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:28 am

Tane:

Tane's heart was soft as snow in spring, and her fear weakened his resolve to let her there. Even then, and feeling sorry for everyone at that faen war, he steeled his heart and proceeded. I will go with you through this all, i promise. After i do the things i need to do, i'll come back and to your side. I have come to live here so i'll never be far away.

Cadence smiled a little.
"Do not worry about me Tane you seam to be worried about me, but don't be you have treated me kindly, I can take some time being locked up in the cellar, just do what you have to do and do not let your mind stay with me, give your tasks full attention my friend."
The Nephanda said and she smiled a little though she still looked afraid as she walked beside you down to the basement, she seamed to be limping a little and walking hurt her wound.

You got down into the basement, you saw allot of words had had been written on the wall all of a sudden. Darrian with his dog, a gruff looking blond woman you had just barely met that you think are named Helga, she was part of the group that you went with to safe the Traditionalist with the Nephandi controlled warehouse, as well as a tall black man you did not know stood there on guard duty. Darrian Haagen walked over to you.
"Good morning Mr Karyak what can I do for you?"
He asked sounding a bit skeptical.

(OOC: I will reply to the rest as well but I have to reboot my computer first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:50 am

Adley:

"The Lady doth protest too much. Think about it..." he said with a sigh.

"I am sure...what I do is right it have to be."
The Nephanda said but she did not sound sure.

"I'm very sorry," he replied, shaking his head at her protests.

Sierra looked away.
"Ok...let us say you are right then...what can I do to...make him happy again?"
She asked.

He sighed. "You should at least be honest with yourself..."

"What do it matter if they are going to do...that to me...what do anything matter then?"
The young Nephanda said and shivered she looked rather terrified.

He gave a small shrug. "I'm not trying to strike some deal here, that's not happening.

"I am not dealing, I am just saying that I am willing to talk about Larson but not my own Labyrinth."
Sierra hissed.

I'm merely pointing out that since you don't agree with these plans, then why not say?

"Well that you are Traditionalists and therefore the enemy so there is one reason, however fine I can tell you what I know about what Larson is planning."
She muttered sourly.

And no, it's not beautiful to want to annihilator your friends, loved ones, and even strangers that you don't know..." He glanced at her a moment as she began to speak and then back to keeping watch on how close they were getting to home.

"So you say but I think it is beautiful!"
Sierra said stubbornly.

Some of what she said he already knew but the context around it, the part about the qlippothic shard realm...his face paled even further than it already had from all the exertion. For a moment he couldn't even speak as he was digesting all of that and he shook his head. He took breath and asked, "Anything else...?" Not that wasn't too much already...

You noticed that your Mentor's shoulders where really stiff where he walked in front of you, he did not like what he was hearing either but he said nothing and left it up to you to try to get as much information out of the young Nephanda as possible. The Umbra around you where starting to look quite a bit like home, the road had the same color as Steelhaven's outside walls and the building where starting to look like the apartment buildings surrounding the Chantry.
"There is nothing more I have to say."
Sierra muttered.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Perhaps she picked you because she thought you could restore her - undo what your previous incarnation did."

"Do you think that is what she wants? To be restored?"
Kyle asked and looked at you.
"But how can I do that?"

He smiled wryly, "One may simply wonder what it is she sees at that time..."

"Yes...I do wonder what she thinks and feels...what truly she is."
The young widderslainte muttered.

He smiled, "There we are in agreement, then. I cannot deny her the right to choose to stay and fight, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let her simply get killed on the barricades, either. I would feel a lot better if she hid in the Umbra for the day and came back to help heal the wounded afterwards... but I don't think she'll be satisfied with that."

"Bee is a Verbena, she is not just a healer she is a war witch, she will protect her family no matter what, which means it will be our job to protect her."
Richard commented.
"She will stay and fight I am sure of it and we will make sure she make it to the point where she can help heal the wounded afterwards."

He frowned, "There's no 'safe' on the battlefield, believe me - the best we can do is stay alert and try to pick off all attackers, to run interceptions for her. But that might be enough..."

"I know, I know but the more people we have fighting, the more reinforcements we can get to help us, the grater the chance that our girl will stay safe, and everyone else at the Chantry as well."

He nodded, "Good... and coordinate with the Chief. As will I."

Richard nodded at that.

He nodded, "I am professionally pleased with the result, and she is very much so."

"I am glad to hear it."

He shook his head, "I don't necessarily we'd all melt from water, that's rather a silly weakness. I think there was this ridiculous aliens movie who did the same moronic twist, too... But that we all might have some strange, identifying trait - quite possible. Heh... I'm sure Adley would look quite dashing if he suddenly grew a great wizardly beard at work... in class."

"Well we have Miss Ravenblood who can not stand the touch of salt it burns her, those are Echos, and Verbena floating in water is not so uncommon, and i have met a mage who could not use their magick is someone spilled milk on them."
"Echos are likely to be more serious than beards my friend."

He shrugged, "I was under the impression we needed some starches in the diet, but yes, there are too many carbohydrate sources in most easily available food today... Hm, if I have the time to spare, I'd be glad to help translate."

"We do but we can find far less carbohydrate rich sources of it."
Richard said and frowned then he nodded.
"I appreciate the help with translation though."

He shrugged, "I don't know, honestly - I'd have to speak with the girl to see how it manifests."

"Off course, well we will see when we go to speak with them then."
The Akashic agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:36 pm

"Do you think that is what she wants? To be restored?"
Kyle asked and looked at you.
"But how can I do that?"
Colin smiled wryly, "Let's get back to that after the immediate crisis is sorted, shall we? It's complicated and uncomfortable, I'm sure - as is everything important."

"Yes...I do wonder what she thinks and feels...what truly she is."
The young widderslainte muttered.
He nodded, "You could try to talk to her, you know - see if she answers."

"Bee is a Verbena, she is not just a healer she is a war witch, she will protect her family no matter what, which means it will be our job to protect her."
Richard commented.
"She will stay and fight I am sure of it and we will make sure she make it to the point where she can help heal the wounded afterwards."
He nodded, "Good. Come what may, she'll be warned, she'll get to make her own decision, and we'll have her back."

"I know, I know but the more people we have fighting, the more reinforcements we can get to help us, the grater the chance that our girl will stay safe, and everyone else at the Chantry as well."
He nodded, "Who knows, we might even manage to get help from the lich I mentioned - she's a powerhouse, alright..."

"Well we have Miss Ravenblood who can not stand the touch of salt it burns her, those are Echos, and Verbena floating in water is not so uncommon, and i have met a mage who could not use their magick is someone spilled milk on them."
"Echos are likely to be more serious than beards my friend."
He nodded, "I know - sudden beard-sprouting is just as silly as being suddenly water-soluble. The real thing can be an actual security risk as well as a personal hazard. I wouldn't be surprised if there were Magi who could not work their magic if someone invoked Christ next to them, for example."

"We do but we can find far less carbohydrate rich sources of it."
Richard said and frowned then he nodded.
"I appreciate the help with translation though."
He grimaced, "That's part of why I cook from scratch. That bloody corn syrup is in everything... And you're welcome."

"Off course, well we will see when we go to speak with them then."
The Akashic agreed.
He nodded and glanced at his phone, "Hum, still a few minutes to go..."

((OOC: Huh, come to think of it, having Echoes that shut your magic down for the scene if someone invokes Christ would be a pretty hefty disadvantage...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next