Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am making a hunter need numina

2 posters

Go down

I am making a hunter need numina Empty I am making a hunter need numina

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:06 am

I am making a hunter character for another game, she is a New Ager and use orgonite, I want her to have the abilities that most of us crazy folk think orgonite have but I do not know if I want to go with hedge magic or numina for the actual system for her. Basically I need numina to let her:

Increase healing speed, no instant healing but increasing healing speed.

Light manipulation of the mind, so making someone feel better and less stressed. Perhaps with a very good roll restore willpower or have some other effects like it.

Cleansing of space.

Mild weather manipulation.

Slight protection as in perhaps making it harder to affect her mind but not by much.

Being able to decrease the diff for a magick user.

I want her to have some of these abilities or similar and I know some numina do this but there is allot of books, do anyone remember which one have good lists of numina powers?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I am making a hunter need numina Empty Re: I am making a hunter need numina

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:37 am

"Numina come in three types: Psychic Phenomena, Hedge Magic and True Faith. Numina must be bought with "Freebie Points" during character creation, but can be added to later with experience points. New Numina can be learned by a character during play only at the Storyteller's discretion"

[Project Twilight, page 18]

Now, if we accept this as canon, this means you can simply pillage your MtA books for Sorcerer paths and the like.

Non-MtA books...

Project Twilight: 18-20
Kinfolk: Unsung Heroes: 56-60

But as I have said - both of those books quite literally say 'for the last word on this, go and read MtA: Sorcerer'.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:41 am

Project Twilight is a good choice. Some existing sorcery paths at the first dot can work. Both Hunters Hunted and the Inquisition book have numina. I did not remember that there was any in Kinfolk Unsung Heroes though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:05 pm

I'd assumed you'd have already pillaged the Hunter books. The Inquisition book I've got seemingly only mentioned the True Faith variant [though it's a damn old 2nd-era one]. However, my quote does show that 'Hedge Magic' is a type of Numina...

Still feel the best bet is using Sorcerer Paths - either as a 'bolt on' or a material to jury-rig into 'HtR format'. It's the most comprehensive book, at very least. Though also asking that ST about it too is naturally your first port of call...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Yeah I went through both Hunter books, the Antagonists book for Minds Eye and the Inquisition book. It have true faith and the hedge magic SoL allow. It is 2 ed book.

The way I see it SoL Theurgy and Hunter Craft are numina while full Path hedge magic is not, a full hedge can match a supernatural for power.

ST says whatever I want is ok.

Might make a hedge path for this to get it the way I want.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum