Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of OOC reply

3 posters

Go down

Lots of OOC reply Empty Lots of OOC reply

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:34 am

This is replies from the IC thread where there was allot of OOC in some posts.

[Reading spider behaviour is possible, but how they reach that conclusion is a mystery to us. They're proper 'starfish aliens' in that respect.]

This is very true, they ar star aliens.

[I already said: Scent of the True Form (Level 1, Philodox) - and Kinfolk are an automatic success. It's also on several Fera lists, and many spirits can teach it. It's more a question whether the shifter thinks it's worthwhile casting the Gift in the first place.]

Yes they would have to have enough of a suspicion someone is kinfolk to want to cast their Gift to find out.

[Perhaps Strife and I should do a bare-bones playthrough of '2003', if only to avoid continuity errors. Plus, the question is; would Adley count as a Sleeper back then?]

The idea for the time trouble thing was always that Adley and Nicole would do some roleplay together so if both of you want to then that is a good idea. Yes Adley would be a sleeper back then.)

// Yes, they're both unawakened so they're Sleepers until they awaken. It might be that some higher up mages can sense they have a latent, rather strong avatar though iirc Hermetics do scout for things like that and since it's possible to gilgul an unawakened widderslainte. I forget the details but likely involves spirit and prime.

Indeed so.

I'll playthru if you want to, Nic & Anja but only if it contributes to story. It would be nice for the pair of them to be able to come to some kind of workable partnership in the near future and lay some groundwork for it.

I agree with this. I am game if it furthers the story.

[Heh... Nicole paraphrasing Pinhead. Who says 80s horror has no lessons to teach?]

I love 80's horror movies and parituclalry Hellraiser.

[That means that past-Adley can't see any magick. Past-Nick, on the other hand... all depends on whether Kinfolk count as "Awake" for the purposes of witnessing etc.]

Nicole is a kinfolk so she is never a sleeper but that do not mean she will be able to see magic unless Ratkin kinfolk can do that, she will then be just kinfolk and nto a mage yet.

[Nick's not in the mood to enlighten Adley - in fact she brought a book so she didn't have to talk to him (as she doesn't normally read, it's even more an insult...). However, I do think we need a basic 'write-up' of what happened in that event, as well as quick descriptions of their past-selves and so on. The very fact Nick lost her Genius and re-gained a limb for a couple of hours will be disconcerting at best.]

I will work on a write up, that I can do but as this whole plot was made as a last ditch effort to try to get the characters to share an experience and then be able to find some common ground so they can work in an Cabal together, I am not sure if playing through the events in the past is needed when you are not interested in this, and getting the game moving again had a higher priority than the write up. But I will get on it.

// in that case, the GM can write up what happened and we can make our reaction posts; I've been roleplaying as if Adley is fairly emotionally volatile regarding the affair, and feeling vulnerable, as well as upset over Nassa's disappearence and Beatrice's distress. Caring for others is a way to keep him on track, but he's having concentration issues and people that don't know him well might think he's acting strange, less composed. As for Nic insulting Adley by reading a book, he doesn't find that insulting, and he wouldn't know how much she chooses to read in her personal time or not to make some implication. He did notice she /had/ a book, since he's unlikely to have seen her with one generally and also he notices books. Her ignoring him outright /is/ insulting but not talking to him in general isn't, to him, if she doesn't have any reason to. Believe it or not he's not looking for slights on her part but he definitely noticed her ignoring him on purpose.

Yes that was the general idea to make a write up of what happens, and I have not gotten to it yet as I have had several face to face or rather discord gaming sessions over a fairly short span of time and had to prepare, and had to write logs for the sessions, so I got our game to where it was moving again and have put the write up on the to do list. I only see a reason to play through it if the two players with characters involved would want to do that for the roleplaying opertunity.

Re: enlightening Adley, or not - I'm saying that groundwork should be laid down at some point, and there's an opportunity now, if you want to make one. If not, then at some point in the near future they're going to have to get along better somehow. Feel free to PM me so we can think of working something out that makes sense.

Yes Nicole will have to find some way to work with Adley if she is going to function in the Cabal, and basically saying I hate him because he said something obscure to insult me, that I do not want to even inform him what is so he have any chance to apologize is not likely to look good at future Cabal meetings. They do not have to be buddy buddy friends but have to be able to work together if they are going to be in the same Cabal.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lots of OOC reply Empty Re: Lots of OOC reply

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:45 am

With the Gift, yes they'd have to have a good reason to activate it; how many WtA ST's have said 'no, 'Sense Wyrm' is not a 'Sense Evil'! You don't have to activate it every room you enter!' over the years?

I merely mentioned it 'cos you said something along the lines of 'it's difficult for shifters to tell'. It's not difficult, just that there's not that many reasons they'd activate it. Basically, 'security through obscurity'.

With the Sleeper-dom, I think I phrased it wrong. Past-Adley will count as a Sleeper, therefore any vulgar magick done in his presence would carry Paradox etc due to it. Past-Nicole will also be a Sleeper, but she's Kinfolk too. Question is; are Kinfolk 'supernatural enough' to count as 'NotSleeper' when it comes to witnessing vulgar magick?

This might be an issue too, as the infirmary is currently filled with Kinfolk...

As with the Adley-Nicole scene, the problem is that I'm fine with it, the character isn't. To simply go 'oh I forgive you, let's chat about private things' is completely unbelievable. At best, if he asked what he'd done she'd snarl back a variant of 'well, if you're so damn smart, work it out!' [though unless Adley *really* wishes to force the issue...]

Now, I'm not one who'd create a problem with no solution. She respects Colin enough that she'd spill to him if he approached her in the right manner [and time], and Serge got rather close on guessing [which is one of the reasons she does listen to him...]

However, while this plot might have failed the intended plan, it serves another. Making Nick go back to '03 means she'll have to spend an hour or three minus her Avatar, which even she might notice [as in, it not being there]. Which may jolt her out of her insistence that she's basically a 'badass normal'.

The other thing is basically, Nick never chose to be Nick. Others made her. Now she's being sent back to not only a time where she has a real arm again, but before those 'Others' made her. It's like a hardcore edition of when an obese person is shown the old photos of themselves all slim. She's not much done for introspection, but going through that will prompt some thinking.

So... in this case, I think this scene will be important in the respect of character-building, though perhaps not RP-wise...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:56 pm

With the Gift, yes they'd have to have a good reason to activate it; how many WtA ST's have said 'no, 'Sense Wyrm' is not a 'Sense Evil'! You don't have to activate it every room you enter!' over the years?

I merely mentioned it 'cos you said something along the lines of 'it's difficult for shifters to tell'. It's not difficult, just that there's not that many reasons they'd activate it. Basically, 'security through obscurity'.

It makes more sense to go for sense wyrm in every room you enter as a werewolf than to look for kinfolk, realistically there are going to be allot of kinfolk around. I do not remember how long it took to use the Gift but unless it is something that can just be activated at a thought with no cost what so ever there are no reason to use it unless you suspect a person being kindfolk.

With the Sleeper-dom, I think I phrased it wrong. Past-Adley will count as a Sleeper, therefore any vulgar magick done in his presence would carry Paradox etc due to it. Past-Nicole will also be a Sleeper, but she's Kinfolk too. Question is; are Kinfolk 'supernatural enough' to count as 'NotSleeper' when it comes to witnessing vulgar magick?

This might be an issue too, as the infirmary is currently filled with Kinfolk...

Kinfolk are considered by mages to be lesser Awakned along with ghouls, hedge wizards, mediums and so on. Remember mages call all supernaturals Awakened. Kinfolk are not a part of the consensus so they do not cause Paradox.

As with the Adley-Nicole scene, the problem is that I'm fine with it, the character isn't. To simply go 'oh I forgive you, let's chat about private things' is completely unbelievable. At best, if he asked what he'd done she'd snarl back a variant of 'well, if you're so damn smart, work it out!' [though unless Adley *really* wishes to force the issue...]

I still do nto see what it is that Adley have done that is so horrible that the two of them can not talk it out. But off course it is up to you and how you run your character. I am just saying that Colin will be in a bit of a dilemma as his Cabal is not functional when two members can not see eye to eye and one part of the conflict is not even willing to talk about it to try to find a solution. It also was less about talking about private things with the scene and more that they would be trapped in a dangerous situation together and that might give them some common ground.

owever, while this plot might have failed the intended plan, it serves another. Making Nick go back to '03 means she'll have to spend an hour or three minus her Avatar, which even she might notice [as in, it not being there]. Which may jolt her out of her insistence that she's basically a 'badass normal'.

Hum...yes that is a good idea, that can work and migth lead to character development.

The other thing is basically, Nick never chose to be Nick. Others made her. Now she's being sent back to not only a time where she has a real arm again, but before those 'Others' made her. It's like a hardcore edition of when an obese person is shown the old photos of themselves all slim. She's not much done for introspection, but going through that will prompt some thinking.

Yes that probably would be hard for her.

So... in this case, I think this scene will be important in the respect of character-building, though perhaps not RP-wise...

Well I can start an IC for the back in time scenes, perhaps as a seperate thread and we can run that alongside the regular IC thread if that work for the two of you who are involved in this plotline?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:24 pm

This isn't really what I'm suggesting though. I don't see them just right now figuring it all out or whatever. I'm suggesting some kind of event or underlaying groundwork that will allow them to bond better, at least in the near future. Pretty much anyone that Adley has become close to lately has been through traumatic events, which is not the healthiest way of bonding to people but probably not that unusual for a Flambeau. And yeah, it is getting to the point where he'd become more direct about it, he finds her constant, unprovoked sniping at him to be irritating and rude. But when it gets to be /boring/ he'll just stop caring altogether and that will be harder to come back from than if she just annoyed him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:32 pm

'Scent of the True Form' is more a general 'ID critter' power. Like Auspex's 'Sense Aura' which can reveal vampire, ghoul, shapeshifter and so on. Normally, I think a shifter would only activate it if they had grounds to suspect the person who's talking to them isn't vanilla human [or hopes they aren't].

With the time-travel thread, perhaps it could be done in a format similar to those old 'Chose your own adventure' books? That there's no direct RP, but the pair of us can at least have a bit of input in the write-up?

As for 'not caring'... Nick's gone over that bridge already. Which is why Colin's gonna need to sort it out.

Oh, I've PM'd you fully explaining why Nicole's being a bitch about this, Great One.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:44 pm

it's a different bridge when Adley doesn't care anymore he's done. He'll of course do his duties, because he's sworn to them but it will, as I said, be a lot harder for him to be able to get through their tiff. It's better actually when he's angry than not, it means he still gives a shit what she says.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:00 pm

'Scent of the True Form' is more a general 'ID critter' power. Like Auspex's 'Sense Aura' which can reveal vampire, ghoul, shapeshifter and so on. Normally, I think a shifter would only activate it if they had grounds to suspect the person who's talking to them isn't vanilla human [or hopes they aren't].

I am rusty on Werewolf so I do not remember how hard these Gifts where to pull of. Like I said if it is just something one can activate with hardly any effort or cost there is no reason to not do it, like a mage who Prime Scans everything, as some do, but if it takes some effort or time to pull off then they are not likely to use the Gift unless they already suspect, fear or hope the person they are talking to are more than a normal human being.

With the time-travel thread, perhaps it could be done in a format similar to those old 'Chose your own adventure' books? That there's no direct RP, but the pair of us can at least have a bit of input in the write-up?

I feel that would loose out on something and also be allot of effort for me, for something to to me would feel pretty dry and boring. I used to love those books and I wrote things like that for myself to as a kid and it can be rather time consuming to write out all of those options to just have a character dryly choose one.

As for 'not caring'... Nick's gone over that bridge already. Which is why Colin's gonna need to sort it out.

Oh, I've PM'd you fully explaining why Nicole's being a bitch about this, Great One.

I will have a look and see if I can make sense of it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:34 pm

No, I wasn't thinking you'd write up all the options for us to pick one. More that you'd first 'set the scene', then we'd write as much/little as a reply [what they'd do etc], you'd continue and so on. A form of 'fast-fire RP', perhaps? There *has* to be a way where a scene can be played without having to resort to full RP but not simply leaving you to write it up all by yourself...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 am

That I might be able to do, if Strife want that as well. I can write a scene let you respond then reply but that is pretty much the same as regular play by post.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:09 pm

If you want to go for something in between my suggestion of response post and full rp, what about break it into a few main parts? Maybe a start, mid, end chunk kind of deal and we'd throw out three reaction posts each to that?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:41 am

That I can do if the two of you want me to.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:46 pm

I'm game if the Great One and Strife are. After all, everything has to be done for the first time, right? If it works, your 'ST'ing options' will be wider as you'll know of a method to perform fast-RP for scenes which need player input, not not necessarily full RP....
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:41 pm

So then we are thinking writing up segments then and having general responces to those and then writing up the next segment? Sure i can do that, might take me a day or to to get it all set up but I can get on that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:24 am

sounds good

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:44 am

Where exactly would Adley and Nicole be when their future self merge witht heir minds? And I will try to get things written up. I have a log for a offline game to write first but I will get it done as soon as possible.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:31 pm

I sent you a PM : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:52 pm

Ok I will have a look at that right now, thank you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:47 am

Hmm...

If Nick's memory is right, she'd have been at her auto course at CCRI Liston. If she gets out at 4PM, she'd need to make the ~30 mins walk North, through Downtown to catch her bus up to Woonsocket at the RIPTA Terminal or one of the stops at Kennedy Plaza [the Plaza had a refit in '14, so Google not 100% accurate here]. So she'd be floating around the Plaza between 4.30 and 5.00 PM.

If a later time is needed, it's possible that Nick through accident/design has missed her bus and is waiting nearby for the next one after the rush-hour crush. In this case she may be nearby, browsing the shops Downtown, waiting in Burnside or lurking in a Dunkin's etc [if she had the cash]. Naturally, weather-dependent - if it's pissing it down she's more likely to make the dash straight home. Luckily, it doesn't get dark until around 8PM; even a teen-Nick would be a bit loathe to hang around the 'old' Kennedy at night, alone...

Lastly, there's always the possibility the enemy makes their move while Nick's en route. Google maps is your friend here.

[Did this here, to see from Strife if my idea is reasonable. After all, they know the place better than I ever would.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:26 am

That works well than I have everything I need. I will write up the thread as soon as I can. Iam having a bit of a flare up of my hormone issues so I am a bit slow right now, but I will do it as soon as I can.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down