Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tragedy Khalls Character

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tragedy Khalls Character Empty Tragedy Khalls Character

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:20 pm

Name: Tragedy Khalls
Age; 19, DOB; 29 February 1994
Nature: Deviant
Demeanor: Curmudgeon
Essence: Primordial
Affiliation: Verbena
Concept: Anthropology student at Boston University focus on Ethnomedicine
Bard rank,seer, priest, poet, historian, doctor,
Focus; Runes, Herbs Spirit Animal; Snake
Foci: Blood, offerings, scarification
Resonance: Fragrance of Hyacinth flowers, sound of bees buzzing
Sphere; Life
***********************************************************************************
Attributes
Physical
Strength  3
Dexterity  3
Stamina   4

Social
Charisma         2
Manipulation    2
Appearance     2

Mental
Perception    2
Intelligence   3
Wits              3

ABILITIES  13/9/5
Talents
Athletics       1
Awareness   2
Brawl            2
Dodge           2
Expression    2

SKILLS  (2 pts)
Meditation       2
Melee              3
Performance     2
Research         3 (-2 DIF)
Stealth             2
Survival            3

KNOWLEDGE  (10 points)
Academics (Anthropology) 2
Esoterica (Divination)_____1
Esoterica (Herbalism)_____2
Esoterica (Runecraft)______1
Medicine (Alternative Medicine)_3 (-2 Dif)
Science (Chemistry)__3 (-2 DIF)

Spheres (5+1)(7 pts in Freebies)
Life          3
Spirits      2
Forces     2

ADVANTAGES
Backgrounds (7 Points Freebies)
Allies      4
Avatar    4   (Regain Quintessence after meditation (Perception+Meditation DIF 7)
Library   3
Sanctum  2

Arete 3 (8 points  Freebies)
Willpower 7 (2 Points Freebies)
Health 7
Quintessence
Paradox

MERITS and FLAWS

Green Thumb (1-pt. Merit)
Flowers spring up in your footsteps and trees burst into bloom at your touch. Your hands are as warm as sunlight or stones from a cheery hearth. A common Merit among Verbena.

Ability Aptitude (1-pt. Merit) Research
Within your character's specific Aptitude, reduce all difficulties by two.  This Aptitude functions for one Ability, but it can be taken multiple times for a character who's a natural with, say, computers and technology.

Ability Aptitude (1-pt. Merit) Chemistry
Within your character's specific Aptitude, reduce all difficulties by two.  This Aptitude functions for one Ability, but it can be taken multiple times for a character who's a natural with, say, computers and technology.

Ability Aptitude (1-pt. Merit)  Medicine

Primal Marks (2-pt. Flaw) Snake
If the totem is an animal, she resembles what such an animal would look like in human form; Totem Animal, Coral Snake

Compulsion (2 Flaw)
2 points Never betray any emotion, (Joy, Anger, Sorrow, Anxious, Aroused, Scared, Melancholy, Threatened)  

Appearance; Tragedy stands about 5’6” tall, is skinny, she has glossy black hair that ends just above the shoulders. She has dark brown eyes.  Along the sides of her neck the skin resembles the scales of a snake with Black and yellow bands separated by red bands, normally associated with coral snakes. The scales flow to the shoulders and down to the lower forearm and down both sides of her torso.  She has long skinny fingers that narrow to pointed nails.  One week every month, the skin peels off, causing itching, reddish swollen skin, and sensitivity to the touch as a new layer emerges.  Tragedy wears black outfits according to her environment.  Conservative and plain clothing for school and Victorian styles for evening wear.  Around her waist are usually black dyed leather side pouches with silver and bronze rivets.

Background: Tragedy was abandoned when still a baby, left outside of the Department of Child services, she was quickly snatched up into foster care and adoption.  Her adopted parents were cruel and always made certain she knew that she was abandoned.  Tragedy ran away when she was ten years old and found a way to survive on the streets.  She was an active panhandler, working in certain areas where it was overlooking the child.  
She found herself hanging around the Gothic community with people that eagerly dropped coins her way to keep her fed.  One of the charitable souls was Agreshia Gaines, she was a 30-year-old who lost her child to DCS and was trying to get back on track.  Agreshia helped buy Tragedy suitable clothes and put her back in school and taught her about wiccan and pagan alchemy.  When Tra turned 16, she got her license with an old beater car.  When she was asked her name the official change turned into Tragedy Khalls.  Agreshia has spent less time in the Goth community because of her work and continued focus on plant medicines, but the two have dinner together sometimes and talk about the drama in their lives.  Tragedy chose to remain in the Goth community and begin selling different perfumes, liquid drops, and salves for minor ailments.  She has gained a reputation because of these medical alternatives and is popular within the community.    
Tragedy decided to test out of high school at 17 and enrolled into Boston University’s Anthropology department.  Tragedy has established a friendship with one of the professors and fellow ethnomedical practitioners, though not at a level qualifying as a mentorship.  She currently lives in an old 1979 Ford Econoline Camper and usually parks near the University.  She has built up a library of potions, plant compounds, and rare copies of ancient rituals, potions, and notes about spirits.  All of her copies have been written on the blank side of pop-tart and cereal boxes with flavors or brands separating the topics.  

Allies;
Agreshia Gaines; Social Worker and Wiccan practitioner
Dr. Xing Bu Wei; Alternative Medicine Doctor and Professor.

3 Freebie Points

Last edited by Tragedy on Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:31 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Add 10 bonus freebies)
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Tragedy Khalls Character Empty Re: Tragedy Khalls Character

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:46 pm

That work, take ten extra freebie points for her background.

There are three Verbena at Steelhaven your character might know them.

So was we thinking she had been taken to Horizon to be treated for severe Paradox and to give testimony for a run in with the Fallen?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:56 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:That work, take ten extra freebie points for her background.

There are three Verbena at Steelhaven your character might know them.

So was we thinking she had been taken to Horizon to be treated for severe Paradox and to give testimony for a run in with the Fallen?

Sounds great. I would need to know what information I witnessed in order to testify.
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:15 pm

You said the Nephandi had killed several of her friends, what if two people tried to infiltrate your character's group, when they where discovered to being up to no good they attacked, Your character being the only survivor, only a shell of an idea but if that work we can flash it out more.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:46 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:You said the Nephandi had killed several of her friends, what if two people tried to infiltrate your character's group, when they where discovered to being up to no good they attacked, Your character being the only survivor, only a shell of an idea but if that work we can flash it out more.

That sounds good, now how were they discovered? Did we walk in on them performing some forbidden magic, were they snooping into areas they weren't allowed to be in, or a spirit warned one of the group?

What kind of powers do they have that most of the Ascension wouldn't or wouldn't practice?
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:50 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:You said the Nephandi had killed several of her friends, what if two people tried to infiltrate your character's group, when they where discovered to being up to no good, they attacked, your character being the only survivor, only a shell of an idea but if that work we can flash it out more.

The infiltrators were trying to perform a Qlippothic magic to destroy reality.
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:08 pm

Yeah there have been two Labyrinths in Boston creating problems so they could be working with the Nephandi which have menaced Boston for the last two months, and now they wanted to recruit your character and her friends to help them with their ritual and a fight broke out when your character and the others refused perhaps?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:12 pm

You could have walked in on them performing Qliphothic magick, which you have to be Fallen to be able to do, or they might have streight up tried to recruit your character and her friends and it was docovered that way.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:24 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote: You could have walked in on them performing Qliphothic magic, which you have to be Fallen to be able to do, or they might have straight up tried to recruit your character and her friends, and it was discovered that way.

If they tried to recruit us, I would have attempted to gather more information as to how many they are associated with, where do they operate, what obligations we have. As if I were actually considering it.
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:34 pm

Then your character would have discovered that they worked for someone named Kallen, and indicate that he had bosses above them and that they wanted you to join the cause, they would not say much before your character agreed to join and went through the Caul.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:38 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Then your character would have discovered that they worked for someone named Kallen, and indicate that he had bosses above them and that they wanted you to join the cause, they would not say much before your character agreed to join and went through the Caul.

Which is where the fight would have started. The two fallen must have been powerful to wipe out a chantry, unless we were a new chantry with very little experience.

On a side note, I was reading about the markings associated with my spheres and I inadvertently used colors from each sphere when I described the scales on my arms and torso. Just thought that was cool.
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:45 pm

Which is where the fight would have started. The two fallen must have been powerful to wipe out a chantry, unless we were a new chantry with very little experience.

It was probably a new Chantry, that also fit with the five Chantries of Boston having been established so if this was a new Spring Chantry that was destroyed. Hum...the group have just had problems with Jodi Blake so she could actually have been involved she would be powerful enough to destroy a small Chantry.

On a side note, I was reading about the markings associated with my spheres and I inadvertently used colors from each sphere when I described the scales on my arms and torso. Just thought that was cool.

That is pretty cool.

It is fun when you get things like that. Like I went to a meeting with real life occultists, at a shopping mall named Horizon, meeting occultists at Horizon. Razz
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Tragedy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:48 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:

It was probably a new Chantry, that also fit with the five Chantries of Boston having been established so if this was a new Spring Chantry that was destroyed. Hum...the group have just had problems with Jodi Blake so she could actually have been involved she would be powerful enough to destroy a small Chantry.

That is pretty cool.

It is fun when you get things like that. Like I went to a meeting with real life occultists, at a shopping mall named Horizon, meeting occultists at Horizon. Razz

Sounds like we have a story going on here.
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:49 pm

As this seems to have bene overlooked, I'll repost here.

If I would be so bold to suggest a little backstory tweak? That on Awakening, she spent some time [somewhere, might have even been off-Earth] training with her Mentor(s); but it's now been decided it's time she went it alone, and so said mentors contacted Master Nassa to sort things out on both magickal and mundane fronts? [Staying at Steelhaven, enrolled at BU for a Jan '16 start]. If nothing else, it would immediately solve the RP/entry issue as Nassa is on Horizon with the PCs and Trad could have travelled to Horizon to meet him [and then they can meet the other PCs].

Just a thought.

Oh, and she doesn't actually own a snake, does she?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:01 pm

Nicole Bouchard wrote:As this seems to have bene overlooked, I'll repost here.

If I would be so bold to suggest a little backstory tweak? That on Awakening, she spent some time [somewhere, might have even been off-Earth] training with her Mentor(s); but it's now been decided it's time she went it alone, and so said mentors contacted Master Nassa to sort things out on both magickal and mundane fronts? [Staying at Steelhaven, enrolled at BU for a Jan '16 start]. If nothing else, it would immediately solve the RP/entry issue as Nassa is on Horizon with the PCs and Trad could have travelled to Horizon to meet him [and then they can meet the other PCs].

Just a thought.

Oh, and she doesn't actually own a snake, does she?

I'm sorry if I missed your post Nicole, I just scrolled up and still didn't see it. Was it possibly in another thread?
Right now it is just a totem spirit.

I like the mentorship thing and that could have taken place prior to this event.  I think Anji had an idea to use this introduction to add another plot line for the group.

Last edited by Tragedy on Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add a note)
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:03 pm

Yeah, you found it, but don't worry about it.

Taking a little look at the sheet etc you might need to do a little tweaking to fit this new backstory bit [plus, I'm not sure we use the Influence system here] but the ST has said they're okay with Background dots being effectively 'saved up' until later on. Plus, we ultilise the 'Well Skilled Craftsperson' rule, which means some Abilities can be bought repeatedly. And looking at your concept, perhaps should. Suggestions include 'Esoterica (Runecraft)', 'Esoterica (Herbalism)', 'Esoterica (Divination)' and 'Academics (Anthropology)' [Nicole has three 'Crafts']. If nothing else, the first three shall sharpen her rolls for Rotes using them. Lastly, you can take Secondary Abilities too, and would humbly suggest you consider taking Performance.

Nassa is a good opening to use here. From what I understand, not only is he a Master Verbena who is currently on Horizon, but he's both a Steelhaven Deacon and a senior in good standing in New England. I could imagine that even if Tragedy has no real intention to remain in Boston forever, having such a person as your teacher while at college I could imagine would seriously swing it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:09 pm

*Looks at character name*
*Does double-take*
*Looks at character sheet*
*Does triple-take*

You just might have come up with the character who can give Colin an apoplectic fit...

...What's Tragedy's stance on modern medicine?
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:30 pm

Warpmind wrote:*Looks at character name*
*Does double-take*
*Looks at character sheet*
*Does triple-take*

You just might have come up with the character who can give Colin an apoplectic fit...

...What's Tragedy's stance on modern medicine?

Only in the most extreme cases, things that can't be addressed by natural remedies. The unnatural cases like the 'C' word
But in most cases, natural remedies can do the same thing without becoming addicting.
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:36 pm

Nicole Bouchard wrote:Yeah, you found it, but don't worry about it.

Taking a little look at the sheet etc you might need to do a little tweaking to fit this new backstory bit [plus, I'm not sure we use the Influence system here] but the ST has said they're okay with Background dots being effectively 'saved up' until later on. Plus, we ultilise the 'Well Skilled Craftsperson' rule, which means some Abilities can be bought repeatedly. And looking at your concept, perhaps should. Suggestions include 'Esoterica (Runecraft)', 'Esoterica (Herbalism)', 'Esoterica (Divination)' and 'Academics (Anthropology)' [Nicole has three 'Crafts']. If nothing else, the first three shall sharpen her rolls for Rotes using them. Lastly, you can take Secondary Abilities too, and would humbly suggest you consider taking Performance.

Nassa is a good opening to use here. From what I understand, not only is he a Master Verbena who is currently on Horizon, but he's both a Steelhaven Deacon and a senior in good standing in New England. I could imagine that even if Tragedy has no real intention to remain in Boston forever, having such a person as your teacher while at college I could imagine would seriously swing it.

I would have preferred to have 'contacts' but I didn't see it in the book when I created the character.

I kept flipping on the Performance skill. I'll go ahead and tweak with those suggestions thank you.
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:43 pm

Tragedy wrote:Only in the most extreme cases, things that can't be addressed by natural remedies. The unnatural cases like the 'C' word
But in most cases, natural remedies can do the same thing without becoming addicting.

Ahh... Yeah, we've had some medical drama lately, and while no-one protests Enlightened Medicine, as it were (the resident physician is an Akashic Brother, as is his medical and magical mentor at another Chantry, and they use both modern and mystical practices where best suited), there was something of a kerfuffle around the issue of vaccines.

Colin's adopted daughter can't get shots, so we needed to make sure the rest of the Chantry was up to date on theirs, and there was a debate with a rather militant anti-vaxxer...

Long story short, everyone is up to date on their shots.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tragedy Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:49 pm

Warpmind wrote:
Tragedy wrote:Only in the most extreme cases, things that can't be addressed by natural remedies. The unnatural cases like the 'C' word

Ahh... Yeah, we've had some medical drama lately, and while no-one protests Enlightened Medicine, as it were (the resident physician is an Akashic Brother, as is his medical and magical mentor at another Chantry, and they use both modern and mystical practices where best suited), there was something of a kerfuffle around the issue of vaccines.

Colin's adopted daughter can't get shots, so we needed to make sure the rest of the Chantry was up to date on theirs, and there was a debate with a rather militant anti-vaxxer...

Long story short, everyone is up to date on their shots.

There are natural diseases and viruses. Usually whatever ailment is 'natural' it has a natural counter balance.
Then there are those diseases and viruses that humans decided to 'play God' with, those are unnatural and must create an 'unnatural' counter balance because nature never encountered such a thing before. If that makes sense.
Tragedy
Tragedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:53 pm

Anja wrote:There are natural diseases and viruses. Usually whatever ailment is 'natural' it has a natural counter balance.
Then there are those diseases and viruses that humans decided to 'play God' with, those are unnatural and must create an 'unnatural' counter balance because nature never encountered such a thing before. If that makes sense.
Hm, we can probably work with that...

I take it Tragedy was hard at work with the recent cybernetics plague? That shit was absolutely unnatural...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:53 pm

I would have preferred to have 'contacts' but I didn't see it in the book when I created the character.

Erm... what book are you using? It's there in 'Backgrounds' for both M20/4th and 3rd Cores. I can see you're using an older version than the one listed here because we don't have 'Dodge' [which was dropped in 4th-era WoD]. I would also argue 'Library' [of that size] may be a bit... difficult to immediately ship to Boston if she's coming from Horizon [though it's always possible that is shipped later, like much of Nicole's crap was from Detroit].

Performance makes sense in regards to her Bardic 'arts' [if that would be covered, which is a question for the ST]. The question is more a case of whether you'd like this to be a big enough element of the PC to warrant the spend [we all suffer from the fate of trying to pack simply too much 'character' into a single PC].

Hm, we can probably work with that...

Speak for yourself, Gurney. *smirks*

I take it Tragedy was hard at work with the recent cybernetics plague? That shit was absolutely unnatural...

It hadn't barely left the 'centres of infection' by the time it was nixed. Unless they were present in one of the key cities and were somehow connected [like knowing/treating someone with cybernetics], the chances are 'no'.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:08 am

I mean we could do both, she could have trained with Amadeus Nassa and now that she have been taken to Horizon to be treated for Paradox and give testimony it is naturally to contact her old teacher to get her home to earth.

That is correct Amadeus Nassa is a Verbena Master in good standing and a Deacon at Chantry Steelhaven Hall.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:25 pm

Personally, I don't really see the need to 'tie' Tragedy [or Meridian, for that matter] that hard or uniquely into Steelhaven. I mean, Nicole wasn't and it's worked okay, right?

In this case, Tragedy wants to go to College, and Boston is full of them. She needs a Chantry which has space, and Steelhaven is that. She needs someone to act as a Mentor/teacher while there, and Nassa can be that. This works fine. Like with making them Boston locals, it seems to be rather a lot of extra work which doesn't seem to offer much in the way of reward [example; making the PC and Nassa already know each other requires more cross-checking and ruins the chance of introduction RP with the char]. If the two new PCs desire to know each other from before, that's fairly easy to do too; they 'crossed paths' before in the past. And here on Horizon, they discover it's happened again and for different reasons have both been pointed towards the same Chantry...

Coincidence? Fate? Some unseen puppet-master? Who knows...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next