Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Adley Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:43 pm

"Off course Adley...stay safe." Narim said as you left and gave you a smile before he returned to addressing the concerns of the gathered magi

"You too," he added.

"Sure." Freddy said and she and Bruce fished out their phones to make sure they had one another's numbers. "I am ready to go when you are." Bruce informed you then he waited for for you to finish contacting Chief Morgan and get ready to go.

"Let's go. I will report to the Chief directly after this and contact you if there's anything to follow up," he said, leading Bruce over to Beatrice, her mentor and the Mercere. As they approached, he introduced him to the Mercere. "This is Mr King, my cabal mate. This is Mrs Florentine and Mr Gregario, of House Mercere. Please follow me," he said to them all, heading towards the stairwell, away from any lingering mages that might overhear him. He didn't want anyone downstairs to hear him either so as soon as he got to an area that was less populated or likely to carry to unwanted ears he would explain.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 22 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Colin nodded to Morgan and breathed evenly - consciously so - and rubbed his eyes with one hand.
"He is quite aware that we don't really have anything to go on outside of what we might glean from his phone... and he was quite adamant about refusing to aid us, about doing anything that Abigail asks of him, so she'll let his daughter live. Now, I can extrapolate a few reasonable guesses, however... He said he refused to say anything more than that his daughter was apprenticed - past tense - to Master Boz, and he thought she was in good hands there, but that there is something rotten in House Jannissary, suggesting that someone has managed to remove Master Boz, or at least his power and influence, and reallocated his apprentice. The bright spot, of course, is that he implied, consciously or not, that Liv is on Earth. Potentially even in Boston, though I doubt we're that lucky. When I suggested that Abigail would ditch Liv when the girl is no longer useful, in some convenient secluded place like an island off Horizon, that was when he said the threat involved turning her into a vampire... and that meant she would not need to travel to an exotic location like Horizon, since vampires are in every city around here."
He sighed, "I informed Mr. Bergen that he'd had his chance with me, and that the assault on the Mercere was one thing, but he had made an attempt at the lives and Avatars of the apprentices of two of the most powerful and senior Magi here... and that I'm sure you and Master Nassa would be all too happy to share him between you; Master Nassa to use his healing arts to keep him alive and conscious longer. I may have been losing my temper a bit at that point, I'll allow, but it might be a suitable intimidation factor present if you were to further interrogate him with Master Nassa as your chaperone. More importantly, Master Nassa, as a Verbena, might know just the trick to take a hearty - if you'll pardon the expression - sample of Mr. Bergen's blood to use as a focus for seeking out his closest relatives. With the aid of, ah, what was her name again... Ravenblood Dawn, I think? The Verbena lady with the rather... particular fashion sense. Oh, bloody hell, did we ever get a rescue mission set up to fetch miss Moya? Lady Ceris' friend?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:45 am

Adley:

"Let's go. I will report to the Chief directly after this and contact you if there's anything to follow up," he said, leading Bruce over to Beatrice, her mentor and the Mercere.

Freddy nodded.
"Sure just drop me a line or call me if you need me to do anything."
She said before you and Bruce left.

As they approached, he introduced him to the Mercere. "This is Mr King, my cabal mate. This is Mrs Florentine and Mr Gregario, of House Mercere.

Bruce gave both the Mercere a polite nod but he said nothing, he had never been one to talk allot.

Please follow me," he said to them all, heading towards the stairwell, away from any lingering mages that might overhear him. He didn't want anyone downstairs to hear him either so as soon as he got to an area that was less populated or likely to carry to unwanted ears he would explain.

The two Mercere, Bruce and Amadeus carrying Beatrice walk out of the crowded common room and towards the staircase leading to the basement, there are no one here, at the bottom of the stairs will be the two doors leading to the two sections of the basement, right here though there is no one but you and your charges and Bruce right now.

Colin:

Colin nodded to Morgan and breathed evenly - consciously so - and rubbed his eyes with one hand.
"He is quite aware that we don't really have anything to go on outside of what we might glean from his phone... and he was quite adamant about refusing to aid us, about doing anything that Abigail asks of him, so she'll let his daughter live.

"I can understand his fear, but the change that the child will be allowed to live after Mr Bergen now is arrested and no longer useful is minimal, these people set loose a island creature in the middle of a Chantry, I doubt they will have scruples about killing a child."
Jeffry said as he took a sip of his coffee.
"The only chance that girl have is if her father cooperate with us and tell us how to find her."

Now, I can extrapolate a few reasonable guesses, however... He said he refused to say anything more than that his daughter was apprenticed - past tense - to Master Boz, and he thought she was in good hands there, but that there is something rotten in House Jannissary, suggesting that someone has managed to remove Master Boz, or at least his power and influence, and reallocated his apprentice. The bright spot, of course, is that he implied, consciously or not, that Liv is on Earth. Potentially even in Boston, though I doubt we're that lucky.

"Hum...well if a vampire is involved that do indicate Earth they are rare to find in the Umbra and often do not do well outside of our reality, but I do not think we should jump to the conclusion that Liv Bergen is in this realm. Now yes chances are either someone have taken her from her mentor, or her teacher have given her to the kidnappers."
The old Hermetic said and sigh.

When I suggested that Abigail would ditch Liv when the girl is no longer useful, in some convenient secluded place like an island off Horizon, that was when he said the threat involved turning her into a vampire... and that meant she would not need to travel to an exotic location like Horizon, since vampires are in every city around here."

"Well that still do not give any hard or fast indication that the girl is on Earth Abigail could have found a vampire anywhere and brought him or her with her to another realm. But let us hope Liv Bergen is still in this realm or she will be much harder to find."

He sighed, "I informed Mr. Bergen that he'd had his chance with me, and that the assault on the Mercere was one thing, but he had made an attempt at the lives and Avatars of the apprentices of two of the most powerful and senior Magi here... and that I'm sure you and Master Nassa would be all too happy to share him between you; Master Nassa to use his healing arts to keep him alive and conscious longer. I may have been losing my temper a bit at that point, I'll allow, but it might be a suitable intimidation factor present if you were to further interrogate him with Master Nassa as your chaperone.

The old war mage grinned.
"Well not that I would go so far with a prisoner, there are lines one do not cross but the threat...well yes that might be quite effective."
He said and tapped the side of his coffee cup.
"And there is not that I am not angry enough to harm the man, and you know the temper of Master Nassa...as a way to intimidate him, yes we might not even need to lay a finger on him if we let that old bastard Verbena rage a bit at him."

More importantly, Master Nassa, as a Verbena, might know just the trick to take a hearty - if you'll pardon the expression - sample of Mr. Bergen's blood to use as a focus for seeking out his closest relatives. With the aid of, ah, what was her name again... Ravenblood Dawn, I think? The Verbena lady with the rather... particular fashion sense. Oh, bloody hell, did we ever get a rescue mission set up to fetch miss Moya? Lady Ceris' friend?"

"Yes I have considered that. Also we know the girl's name, Liv Bergen is not likely to be her apprentice name so I can scry for her and under the circumstances that would be legal, we should contact Miss Dawn and ask her help as well, the blood of a close relative is almost as good of an arcane connection as your own blood."
The old Hermetic said.
"If you would not mind calling up Riverside and ask for Miss Dawn's help Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"As far as I know Miss Maya is at the Labyrinth being kept prisoner, we will look for her when we eventually try to storm the place, plans for which I should do making instead of dealing with Mr Bergen's bullshit, however no we have not mounted a separate rescue mission, we just do not have the resources to do so to save a Marauder unfortunately."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:12 am

"Bruce, please keep an eye on Mrs Florentine, in the event she needs assistance," he asked. One of them would stay in front and the other in the rear. Keeping an eye out for anything off, he headed for the door where the node will be and towards that area. If it's safer to wait to talk till they're inside the room itself, given the protections, that's what he'll do.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:45 am

Bruce nodded and moved so he was next to the young Mercere woman ready to assist her if she should need it. Your group make it down into the basement and take the left door into the magickal parts of the Chantry with the ritual chambers, tass storage and the Node, entering that part of the Chantry though you hear that Beatrice is getting uneasy, she remembered all to well the last time she was in this part of Steelhaven, as you walk down the hallway her struggles get more desperate and suddenly she screams in fear. Amadeus stops as he is having trouble holding his apprentice still without using enough force to hurt her.
"Carrying Beatrice past the door to...that ritual room will be difficult."
He said in a concerned tone of voice.
"I can knock her out off course but I will not use violence against her before I know if this is absolutely necessary."
The old Verbena said as he was struggling to hold Beatrice from trying to flee away from the door to the room she feared more than anything right now, a door you will have to pass if you are going to get to the Node.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:49 am

Colin frowned, "I thought Moya's tooth pointed toward the marshes, over by Belle Isle? A separate location from the warded suburbs?"
He shook his head, "At any rate, yes, I can call up Riverside and ask for Miss Dawn. Do you have their number?"

((OOC: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t49p495-nephandi-saving-avatars-and-tradition-politics-ic-thread-3 says Moya's tooth pointed somewhere else than the fallen Technocrat's blood did - and we need better search indexing. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:12 am

Adley frowned, looking back as Beatrice gave a scream. He should have realised this would be upsetting for her. He gave a look around and if clear, explained to Amadeus, "I want to take you to the safest part of the chantry, a place that can be and is already defended the best," he explained. "Are you sure you'd need to use violence?" He didn't like that idea much, it was clear he did not want to cause her pain but also knew that she was scared. "I know that Duncan was able to render someone asleep but it would be only for a few moments...and right magick miht make things worse," he recalled. "I don't want to hurt her, just keep her and the Mercere safe." He looked at Beatrice and tried to get her attention, placing a hand over hers. "Beatrice, we're not going there, into that room. I promise. I am not taking you into there."

// it does get hard to remember all the details after so many pages and it gets harder to look up things for sure, for all of us. And I could do with a map of the chantry, even if I'm bad at reading them. I totally did not realise that the node and the ritual room were in the same area - though it makes sense.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:47 am

Colin

Colin frowned, "I thought Moya's tooth pointed toward the marshes, over by Belle Isle? A separate location from the warded suburbs?"

Jeffry sigh he flips open his little leather bound notebook and read a few passages then he sigh.
"You are right Mr Wainwright, you are right."
He said and shakes his head.
"All this craziness lately seam to addle my mind. In either case we will send someone to save the Maraduer, if we are able, but currently our resources are stretched thin and we might not be able to send someone to try to rescue a woman not of our own faction unless it benefit our cause, not before after we have dealt with the Nephandi."
The old Hermetic said.

He shook his head, "At any rate, yes, I can call up Riverside and ask for Miss Dawn. Do you have their number?"

Jeffry nodded and wrote up a phone number on a piece of paper and handed you.
"This is for their land line Mr Wainwright and thank you."
The Hermetic said as he handed the scrap of paper over.

Adley:

Adley frowned, looking back as Beatrice gave a scream. He should have realised this would be upsetting for her. He gave a look around and if clear, explained to Amadeus,

There where no one but your group in the hallway so yes it is clear.

"I want to take you to the safest part of the chantry, a place that can be and is already defended the best," he explained. "Are you sure you'd need to use violence?" He didn't like that idea much, it was clear he did not want to cause her pain but also knew that she was scared. "I know that Duncan was able to render someone asleep but it would be only for a few moments...and right magick miht make things worse," he recalled. "I don't want to hurt her, just keep her and the Mercere safe."

"I could use magick yes, it would still be more thing done to her, but it is perhaps better that leaving her scared."
Amadeus said and sigh.
"This is what I fear the most for her, not this time now where she suffers, that will pass and while it is bad it...will end, but I fear how damage her mind is, if every thing that reminds her of...if she will live in fear, or if she will become the same girl she was before."
The Verbena muttered.

He looked at Beatrice and tried to get her attention, placing a hand over hers. "Beatrice, we're not going there, into that room. I promise. I am not taking you into there."

Beatrice looked at you, she stopped screaming but tears welled up in her eyes.
"The memories will not stop...I...I do not want to be here."
She said shivering.
"The memories are here...and I think he is scared as well for I feel a deep fear inside me that is not mine, he do not want to be here either."
The blood witch sobbed, barely controlling her panic.

(OOC: Opps oh well I will run with it, even Jeffry makes mistakes at times.

OOC: I will try to draw up a map of the Chantry but it might be a few days, now before Christmas I have allot of errands to run, and visiting my mother I have less time to be online so I might reply to posts a little slower than usual but I will get to it as soon as possible.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:01 am

Colin pondered, "There's a likely tactical advantage to rescuing Moya... depending on one factor: Do Marauders cause Paradox on Magi and Nephandi when in a pocket realm outside Earth? I understand the Labyrinth is, well, dropped off outside Boston in more ways than one. If so, having Lady Ceris make an assault on our behalf to soften up their defenses before we rush in is a viable, if cynical strategy. If not, I believe she would make an invaluable asset to the strike team."
He accepted the note with the number, "It might be worth giving some consideration while I petition Miss Dawn's aid again. I'll be back in a few minutes."
He gave a quick bow, and stepped outside the office to make the call to Riverside.

((OOC: In Morgan's defense, it WAS a bit of an immediate crisis following that divination, what with a conviction of Judges rolling in to take out Beatrice...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Colin pondered, "There's a likely tactical advantage to rescuing Moya... depending on one factor: Do Marauders cause Paradox on Magi and Nephandi when in a pocket realm outside Earth?

"Yes they do, however what the Consensus is in such a real depends, for example on Horizon things like a fireball is common and do not cause Paradox, so it is unlikely that there will be much Paradox inside the Labyrinth if that is what you are thinking about, some probably since it is a pocket realm and not complete world of it's own, but not much, the Consensus in the realm will be different from the rest of the city."

I understand the Labyrinth is, well, dropped off outside Boston in more ways than one. If so, having Lady Ceris make an assault on our behalf to soften up their defenses before we rush in is a viable, if cynical strategy. If not, I believe she would make an invaluable asset to the strike team."

"Well the amount of mayhap a Marauder of Miss Ceris skill can cause would probably draw Paradox, even in a pocket realm and the Nephandi are sensitive to it. I do hesitate to take her with us for the strike though as the lady is quite insane, Marauders are unpredictable and I do not like unpredictable in my battle plans, on the other hand she is a Master of the Art and would be most useful, the problem is controlling her."
Jeffry said as he tapped the side of his coffee cup.

He accepted the note with the number, "It might be worth giving some consideration while I petition Miss Dawn's aid again. I'll be back in a few minutes."
He gave a quick bow, and stepped outside the office to make the call to Riverside.

"I will consider it Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and leaned back in his chair.

You call Riverside and after a while a man picks up the phone.
"Ehm hello this is Daniel Willman, who am I addressing?"
The man answered politely but reserved.

(OOC: Well it have been one thing after the other for our mages, when the current story arc is done and we go to some downtime I bet we will have some tired willworkers.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Colin nodded to Morgan and closed the door politely, "Ah, good day, this is Colin Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall. I'd like to speak with Miss Ravenblood Dawn bani Verbena, if she is available?"

((OOC: Yeah, I can picture a weary Jeffry Morgan stumbling into Deacon Dupre's office after the dust settles, grunting "The next crisis is yours, I'm going to sleep for a week," and then wobbling back home to bed." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:40 pm

"Ah yes I will get a hold of her, one moment Mr Wainwright."
Daniel said and then there was silence on the phone for a while before it was picked up again and you hear a woman's voice.
"This is Ravenblood Dawn bani Verbena, how may I help you Mr Wainwright, Daniel said you wanted to weak with me."
The woman asked.
"Is everything alright with Beatrice?"
The Verbena asked, she was probably worried that you where calling about her Coven sister.
"She is not worse is she?"

(OOC: Hehehe yeah I can see that. Oh and sorry if my posts today are not very good I am always pretty stressed out after I have been on a train and Christmas as worse than usual for there are people everywhere, but I figured you two would rather have posts than no posts even if they are not perfect.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Colin frowned, "Yes, Miss Dawn, we have some need of your services again - we need to try to find a missing person. As for Beatrice, she's... as well as can be expected, under the circumstances. I fear she'll remain traumatized for some time, but she seems to be recovering from... well, she's getting better, at any rate."
He sighed, "I'm afraid time is rather of the essence, so if you have a chance to get here quickly, we'd appreciate it."

((OOC: Well, yeah. I'll be headed to my parents tomorrow for the holidays; my posting rate will likely drop a bit for a few days, too... But some is better than none.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:06 pm

"Good, that she is not worse I mean, that she is getting better."
Ravenblood said and sounded relieved.
"Yes after something like that...I can not even imagine."
The Verbena said and sigh.
"I will be on my way over to Steelhaven right away Mr Wainwright."
Ravenblood said.
"I can be there in fifteen minutes."

(OOC: Some is always better than none and I guess we all will post when we have the time for it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Colin nodded, "Excellent - we'll have you showed in right away. Until later, then."

Hanging up, he peeked in at Morgan again, "She'll be here in fifteen minutes or so; shall I bring a good atlas to the meeting room before she arrives?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:04 pm

"This is what I fear the most for her, not this time now where she suffers, that will pass and while it is bad it...will end, but I fear how damage her mind is, if every thing that reminds her of...if she will live in fear, or if she will become the same girl she was before."

As much as he worried about that as well, it was hardly the time to bring it up. He gave Amadeus a worried look. "Can I try to see if she'll let me carry her by it?"

"The memories will not stop...I...I do not want to be here." She said shivering. "The memories are here...and I think he is scared as well for I feel a deep fear inside me that is not mine, he do not want to be here either." The blood witch sobbed, barely controlling her panic.

"Bee, do you think you will be okay at the node? It is the safest place. Your mentor will be there too. I will carry you across, I promise we're not going there and you won't have to look, just look right up at me. Have you ever played the game when you were a kid where you hold your breath going under a bridge?" If she couldn't handle even being near it, being at the node room wasn't going to help. They'd have to figure something else out...

// It's true though everyone's tired as hell IG so mistakes will happen, especially given the sheer amount of stuff that's gone down. And don't worry about anything here OC, I appreciate the effort when you get the time Anja but you got stuff to do I understand <3 I know holidays can be stressful trust me.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:29 pm

Adley:

As much as he worried about that as well, it was hardly the time to bring it up. He gave Amadeus a worried look. "Can I try to see if she'll let me carry her by it?"

Amadeus hesitated, he looked at the young Hermetic for a moment, then after a while he nodded.
"You may try."
He reluctantly agreed, his every instinct being to protect Beatrice from any harm but right now scaring her might be needed for her to be safe, it was not a situation he appreciated.

"Bee, do you think you will be okay at the node? It is the safest place. Your mentor will be there too. I will carry you across, I promise we're not going there and you won't have to look, just look right up at me.

"The Node...I...yes I think I will be okey there...I have been at the Node so often I...but I do not want to go near that door...I..."
Beatrice hesitated, she seamed scared and held onto your hand desperately looking fearfully in the direction of the ritual room.

Have you ever played the game when you were a kid where you hold your breath going under a bridge?" If she couldn't handle even being near it, being at the node room wasn't going to help. They'd have to figure something else out...

The young Verbena looks at you with a bit of a confused look.
"Y...yes I have played that game..."
She muttered hesitantly her eyes going towards the door she was so afraid of again.
"W...why do you ask?"

Colin:

"Very well I will call a taxi now. Until then Mr Wainwright."
Ravenblood said before you hung up on the call.

Jeffry looks at you and nods.
"Yes do bring an atlas, there should be some detailed map books in the library so that we can get more details if Miss Dawn finds anything."
The old Hermetic said and stood, brushing of his clothes.
"I shall go and get some blood from Mr Bergen, I might not be a doctor but a small sample of his blood I shall be able to obtain."

(OOC: I will make a map of the Chantry when I get the time, it will probably not be very good though as I am not good with maps but shoul hopefully give the general idea.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Colin grinned at Morgan, "So, find Master Nassa and have him hold Mr. Bergen while you extricate the sample? He might decide to volunteer more than blood if he thinks you both have murder in mind... Not sure where he is right now, though - I last saw him in the common room, and he wanted to bring Miss Alexander somewhere more quiet from there; I lent Mister Gregario my apartment key to calm himself and Miss Florentine down, rather than return to the third floor, but I'm not sure where Master Nassa decided to hide. But, yes, library. I believe there were a few atlases only a decade or so out of date; I'm sure they'd be no great loss, since they have countries that no longer exist, and lack some countries that do..."

((OOC: There are some nice, free floor plan generators for both gaming and architecture online - shouldn't be too hard. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Jeffry Shook his head.
"No I think Master Nassa will have to stay with his apprentice, I have sent Adley to get Miss Alexander and the Mercere to safety, just until we know how much danger they are in, so entertaining as it might be, I would rather have Master Nassa guarding Miss Alexander and our guests for now. I have sent them to the Node as that is the most protected room in the Chantry, just until we know more."
The old Hermetic explained.
"It is nice of you to offer to let the Mercere stay at your apartment Mr Wainwright, but right now I would rather have them safe. Now as for the maps, well yes not all of the ones in the library are up to date, we do need to replace them, so Miss Dawn's rather messy methods of magick should not be a problem as we can just burn them afterwards."

(OOC: I will have to look into that then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:45 pm

"The Node...I...yes I think I will be okey there...I have been at the Node so often I...but I do not want to go near that door...I..."

"Shhh, shh, I know...but I am taking you to the node, on the other side, where it is safe." Christ, he thought could not one thing happen without unintended consequences...he didn't want to upset her so much, trigger something so fresh in her and her avatar's remembrance. Well if this didn't work they'd go somewhere else. And then if it did, he'd have to figure out some way to make sure she could get out again without being upset.

The young Verbena looks at you with a bit of a confused look. "Y...yes I have played that game..." She muttered hesitantly her eyes going towards the door she was so afraid of again. "W...why do you ask?"

Confusion was better than terror, if it wasn't confused terror. "Because we're going to try something similar, if you are willing to come with me. I will carry you just as fast as I can go, and you're not going to look at that door at all, because we're not going in there but right straight past to the node. Like holding your breath when you go under a bridge - you're going to look at me, we're going to hold our breath together and get to the other side, just like if we went under a bridge in the game."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:52 pm

"Shhh, shh, I know...but I am taking you to the node, on the other side, where it is safe."

Beatrice looked terrified but she nodded.
"The Node...yes it should be safe there." she muttered but her eyes constantly went in the direction of the door to the ritual room.

Confusion was better than terror, if it wasn't confused terror. "Because we're going to try something similar, if you are willing to come with me. I will carry you just as fast as I can go, and you're not going to look at that door at all, because we're not going in there but right straight past to the node. Like holding your breath when you go under a bridge - you're going to look at me, we're going to hold our breath together and get to the other side, just like if we went under a bridge in the game."

"O...ok..."
Beatrice muttered she did trust you, trusted that you would not harm her or lie to her, but she was still terrified but she did nod. Amadeus looked worried but he handed his apprentice to you, she was so small and light that her weight was not a problem. Beatrice hesitated, she whimpered frightened but then she drew a deep breath and fixed her brown eyes on you, holding onto you with her bound hand tightly, frightened.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Colin nodded, "Had I known about the extent of Mr. Bergen's work at the time, I'd have suggested the Node, myself, but I'd only just handed Master Sharaya the phone at the time... Oh, well, I'll have to visit the Node myself, if I want my key back today. I'll see you in the council chambers, then."
Then he headed off to the library to fetch a few not-too-old atlases and maps, of the cheap and expendable variety.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:40 pm

"O...ok..."Beatrice muttered she did trust you, trusted that you would not harm her or lie to her, but she was still terrified but she did nod. Amadeus looked worried but he handed his apprentice to you, she was so small and light that her weight was not a problem. Beatrice hesitated, she whimpered frightened but then she drew a deep breath and fixed her brown eyes on you, holding onto you with her bound hand tightly, frightened.

"Master Nassa, or Bruce, please check the node room ahead of us before we come in through and whomever is left bring up the rear," he requested, since he couldn't do it himself now he had his arms full. If it was called clear, he cradled Beatrice close to him so that she wouldn't get much chance to move around to get a look a the door, just at him or his body. Then he nodded back to her, looking right at her. He took a deep breath right with her and keeping her view from the ritual room door he moved across it as quickly as he thought he safely could with her in his arms.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Colin:

"Very well Mr Wainwright. Oh and while you are down there if you could tell my apprentice to come with you to the Council chambers I would like to discuss this situation with you both seeing how involved the two of you have gotten in this, we need to formulate a plan of action. I will also have to call a meeting of the Deacons to discuss these matters and come up with a plan for how to attack the Labyrinth."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
"I will see you in a little while when Mr Wainwright."
He said as he dismissed you.

In the library you quickly find a atlas book, it is a few years old but still relevant but it is a pretty cheap copy, the ones you could get for 10 bucks at Amazon.

Adley:

Bruce nodded and hurried to check the Node chamber to see that all was clear while Amadeus made up the rear and made sure that Susannah who now just wandered aimlessly as she was lead by her mentor, and Micah followed along.
"All clear."
Bruce said as he took up position to stand guard until the Verbena and the Mercere where safely inside.

Beatrice shivered and her hands had a death grip on your shirt, but you made it across the door to the ritual room, the Verbena's frightened eyes never leaving yours. You made it to the door to the Node, it was a metal door with magic square charms engraved into it, the names used by every member of the Chantry was engraved into the old metal door as well, and only those who's names was marked on the door could enter without triggering the wards, unless they where formally invited by a Chantry member. There was dozens of names here, both current and former members of the Chantry marked, it was not the true names or birth names of most of the members, at least not the Hermetics, but the names they where known by in mage society, and it would do to identify the owner of the name to the wards on the door.

Beatrice held her breath until you drew a fresh breath then she shuddered though her grip on your shirt remained, she did seam to relax a bit through, her Avatar would feel the Node beyond the metal door now, yours sure did and it did calm down a little from it's rage though it was still very, very ticked of.
"Are we here...is that door behind us and gone?"
Beatrice asked weakly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Adley was glad to find himself at the door with Beatrice still aware enough to ask questions and that his avatar's internal sense of rage was somewhat placated at the feeling of being near the node. The listed names gave him a moment's pause, realising Bergen could have technically gotten inside and his name would still be on the door. That would have to change. "Yes, we're at the node room, Beatrice," he assured her.  

To Bruce he asked, just in case, "It was clear of any magick as well that wasn't supposed to be in there?" He added, glancing at Amadeus to include him in the plan," I want to make sure this place is entirely clean and stays that way. For now, anything coming in through it that is not on your person right now, check before being allowed in to those inside. I don't care if its roses from your own grandmother, check them for poisons, vampire blood, spiritual taints, magickal workings..."

// what resonance does the chantry node have out of curiosity?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next