Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

4 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Adley Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:44 pm

"It was a souleater...one of the most powerful Banes." Jeffry said and his eyes darkened a bit. "They take over their victims, slowly devouring their mind...soul and then body...in the meantime the host to their bidding...when not hiding in the flesh of some poor soul they are only surpassed by the Meajin themselves in the Bane hierarchy...this is concerning fili mi...very concerning..."

"Damn, no wonder Jane was having nightmares. Sounds like something the Nephandi would use," he said sounding disdainful. "That's awful...and I don't like the implications of it either if it was already inside for a while."

"We did a good thing mea filius, we could not let a being like that into the Chantry or let it leave to try again, even so I hate to use the Gift I have to see and communicate with Umbroods to rip them apart...it feels...wrong..."He muttered.

"Those things prey on us, I don't see we had much choice." He frowned. "It's hard to think such a thing exists naturally somewhere, but wherever that is, it's not anywhere near us."

"The traps have been picked apart, at least the ones we could find but with a Hagalaz...you can never be to sure..."
Jeffry said then he sigh. "The problem is that Banes are very much like our Inverted mages...they where regular spirits once, now corrupted and it is hard to tell a bane from another spirit without examining it closely and besides it was outside the wards...."

"So...that was once a normal spirit of some kind? Then it is unnatural, to an extent. I hope that's the last we've seen of them."

"I think having a look at Mr Bergen's chambers would be wise...and Mr Bergen himself...I want to make sure he is not infected by that thing..."

"How are we to tell? I know it is possible to sense if someone has been possessed but would be it harder, due to the perverted nature of it?"

"Yes your little friends seam to be quite useful fili mi...they did us a great service today."

He nodded at that and looked over at the group of jagglings. It would be hard to tell Harry...or any individual from the swarm but they were busy and it was useful work.

"It really depends a sweep of the Chantry will take time, I am considering where you will be the most aid, here or in Chicago mopping up that Abigail woman's Labyrinth..." The old mage said. "What is your opinion on the matter?"

"Well, if you want me to find out more about that person with the knife, it seems I need to go back. I haven't' gotten a chance to talk to the Deaconess either. But aside from that, there are reasons that fit on the pro-con list," he added. Then, he said "I think we should talk with Colin before deciding but right now do as much as we can."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 9 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:11 am

"Damn, no wonder Jane was having nightmares. Sounds like something the Nephandi would use," he said sounding disdainful. "That's awful...and I don't like the implications of it either if it was already inside for a while."

"Yes the little apprentice would have been a prime target for the foul thing and Miss Cole probably felt that."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"No I do not like it either...once we have a moment to catch our breaths and have dealt with the most pressing matters I am going to have to examine everyone at the Chantry and every Umbrood we have for the infections these being spread...I am worried fili me..."
The old Hermetic admitted and he did look quite concerned which was alarming since it was rare he let his emotions show like this.

"Those things prey on us, I don't see we had much choice." He frowned. "It's hard to think such a thing exists naturally somewhere, but wherever that is, it's not anywhere near us."

"Yes you are right fili mi, we did what we had to, and in a way what we did was a mercy for that spirit was a abomination, a twisted mockery of what it would once have been."
Your Mentor said sadly.

"So...that was once a normal spirit of some kind? Then it is unnatural, to an extent. I hope that's the last we've seen of them."

"It was...an Umbrood Lord once...you have met at least two of those fili mi...the Guardian that you are carrying a shard of in your very soul, and Truth...once that thing we fought would have been a manifestation of a high, noble concept then it was turned into a filthy thing that corrupt and destroy...it is...saddening..."
Jeffry muttered softly and looked at you for a moment.
"No let us hope there are not more of those foul things..."
He agreed.

"How are we to tell? I know it is possible to sense if someone has been possessed but would be it harder, due to the perverted nature of it?"

"It is hard to tell but possible, I can do some numerological charts for it...but it will take time so we have to deal with the Nephandi first, and we are going to have to find someone to examine me as well, just to be sure the man doing the examinations are not himself infected."

He nodded at that and looked over at the group of jagglings. It would be hard to tell Harry...or any individual from the swarm but they were busy and it was useful work.

The jagglings worked happily, they did not seam disturbed by what had just happened, if the tiny spirits had things that needed to be preserved and repaired they where fulfilling their purpose and they where pleased, they needled little beside that and they seamed to be quite contented.

"Well, if you want me to find out more about that person with the knife, it seems I need to go back. I haven't' gotten a chance to talk to the Deaconess either. But aside from that, there are reasons that fit on the pro-con list," he added. Then, he said "I think we should talk with Colin before deciding but right now do as much as we can."

"Hum...yes the man with the knife that would be useful to find out about...but I agree let us discuss this with Mr Wainwright as well, he should make his way back here once he have gotten the Choristers to safety so he should be back any moment and we can go to my office and I can set my imps at ease while we discuss the matter before we deal with Mr Bergen's chambers."
The old mage declared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:07 am

"Ah yes indeed...well there are some rumors that you and Miss Adlebloom have a good eye to one another, if you forgive me for bringing it up."
Colin chuckled, "Good grief, it seems that everyone else at the Chantry has known longer than I have..."

"Are you getting married Sir is there going to be cake?"
He smiled, "Patience, child... Patience."

The pillowcase was not ripped up and you got it away from Jareth while the bird started to eat the offering of meat with a delighted coo. There was not much that was disturbed in your bedroom, the pillow lay tossed on the floor, a chess piece had been picked up in a claw and played with and was was dropped on the bed and there where a couple of little, blackish brown nuggets on the floor.
He sighed softly and scooped up the nuggets to throw them out the window, "Well, it could have been worse... I could have befriended a wile dog or cat..."
He laid his pillow back on the bed and returned to the living room.

"I think the laws of physics disagree with you Mr Wainwright especially when the dog in question is a great dane and he try to sit on the lap of a nine year old girl."
He smiled and shook his head, "It's not an issue of whether the laws of physics agree with me or not - which they largely do, in fact - but whether a dog cares about them."

"Yes well the first problem is whatever or not the imp will relish getting leftovers, the other problem is if she will like the energy of the Saints I prayed to imbued in that candle now."
He nodded and set the candle down, and picked up a green one instead, "The former might not be a big problem, but the latter... is a very good point. Wouldn't want the little thing to seek out the chapel in the loft for a binge..."

"I have seen three of them Mr Wainwright, there is Curly, Poodle and Droplet..."
Jane said.
"Poodle and Droplets are boys and Curly are a girl."
"Hm, and Curly is the one who is... upset with me."

"Very well Mr Wainwright...thank you. I will stay here and watch over Jane...I will send a text to her Mentor as well and tell her where we are so she will not worry."
"Good. I should come for you soon enough - until then, try to keep Jareth out of trouble, will you?"

The owl looked at you and cooed happily, he knew he was cute he could get away with it, and he jumped around on the living room table joyfully.
He grinned at Jareth, "Oh I know you know you're too charming to stay mad at... I can still get upset at you."

He shook his head and headed back to Hildegard's room.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:40 am

"No I do not like it either...once we have a moment to catch our breaths and have dealt with the most pressing matters I am going to have to examine everyone at the Chantry and every Umbrood we have for the infections these being spread...I am worried fili me..."
The old Hermetic admitted and he did look quite concerned which was alarming since it was rare he let his emotions show like this.

"That is going to be a lot of work," he frowned. "I hope no one was affected by it, but you did kill it so would that mean they are safe now?" There were other implications as well, but for now it was bad enough that they had to check everyone. He did not like being suspicious of his own chantry members but with what had already occurred they had little choice but to make sure the thing had not harmed anyone else.

"It was...an Umbrood Lord once...you have met at least two of those fili mi...the Guardian that you are carrying a shard of in your very soul, and Truth...once that thing we fought would have been a manifestation of a high, noble concept then it was turned into a filthy thing that corrupt and destroy...it is...saddening..."

Adley understood a little better what they had done and shook his head. They had destroyed a higher umbrood, yes it had been malevolent but perhaps once it had not been. It was not so dissimilar, as he had said, to inverted avatars though of course avatars were a different manner of spiritual ephemera. Even so, there wasn't anything he could have seen to do differently. "Damned Nephandi...that is very saddening," he agreed.

"It is hard to tell but possible, I can do some numerological charts for it...but it will take time so we have to deal with the Nephandi first, and we are going to have to find someone to examine me as well, just to be sure the man doing the examinations are not himself infected.

"Time...always seems to be the hottest commodity."

"Hum...yes the man with the knife that would be useful to find out about...but I agree let us discuss this with Mr Wainwright as well, he should make his way back here once he have gotten the Choristers to safety so he should be back any moment and we can go to my office and I can set my imps at ease while we discuss the matter before we deal with Mr Bergen's chambers."

"Very well, pater," he said. He started to pace, examining the room for anything left over from the spirit while they waited. "Is there someone on patrol duty now that can start a cursory examination as they go through the rest of the chantry?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

Colin:

Colin chuckled, "Good grief, it seems that everyone else at the Chantry has known longer than I have..."

"Well everyone have probably seen how Freddy have been looking at you Mr Wainwright."
Dion said and grinned.

He smiled, "Patience, child... Patience."

"Yes Sir..."
Jane said and looked down obediently but seriously who want to wait for pretty dresses and cake?

He smiled and shook his head, "It's not an issue of whether the laws of physics agree with me or not - which they largely do, in fact - but whether a dog cares about them."

"No Corncob did not much care about the laws of physics really."
Dion said sounding amused.
"He never knew his size."

He nodded and set the candle down, and picked up a green one instead, "The former might not be a big problem, but the latter... is a very good point. Wouldn't want the little thing to seek out the chapel in the loft for a binge..."

"No we would not want that Mr Wainwright, it would be worse though if the resonances where not compatible that could anger the imp or hurt her."
Dion said and nodded.
"It is always best to keep one candle for one purpose."

"Hm, and Curly is the one who is... upset with me."

"Yes she played with your shoelaces and you kicked her Sir."
Jane said.
"That made her feel quite scandalized but she might have forgotten all about it by now she do not have a good memory."

"Good. I should come for you soon enough - until then, try to keep Jareth out of trouble, will you?"

"I will do so Mr Wainwright."
Dion said sounding amused and she patted the owl on the head and the large bird looked quite content.

He grinned at Jareth, "Oh I know you know you're too charming to stay mad at... I can still get upset at you."

Jareth turned his head almost completely around to the side the way owls can do and looked at you then gave an adorable coo looking very innocent.

He shook his head and headed back to Hildegard's room.

You find Chief Morgan and his apprentice there, both looking rather worn out but the disgusting presence is gone, what is worrisome though is that Chief Morgan looks rather concerned and he seldom let his emotion show like that.

Adley:

"That is going to be a lot of work," he frowned. "I hope no one was affected by it, but you did kill it so would that mean they are safe now?"

"It is going to be allot of work indeed fili mi but it will have to be done and no, if someone is infected that do not mean they are safe even if the souleater is destroyed, someone do not get well from a disease even if you kill the original carrier."

"Damned Nephandi...that is very saddening," he agreed.

"Yes damn them all, and they will pay...we will take down that Labyrinth."
Your Mentor said his eyes hard.

"Time...always seems to be the hottest commodity."

"Yes there seam to be just to little of it to go around."
Jeffry agreed in a tired tone of voice.

"Very well, pater," he said. He started to pace, examining the room for anything left over from the spirit while they waited. "Is there someone on patrol duty now that can start a cursory examination as they go through the rest of the chantry?"

"Yes there is I will contact them."
Jeffry said but before he got to say much more Colin came back into the room and Jeffry gave the Orphan a nod of his head.
"Mr Wainwright..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:03 pm

"Well everyone have probably seen how Freddy have been looking at you Mr Wainwright."
Colin smiled, "Indeed... if we hadn't been sent on a mission together, she might yet not have said anything... and I wouldn't, either, I'm afraid - it still feels a little... almost unseemly, with the age difference... I'm glad she decided to speak up, though."

"He never knew his size."
"Dogs never do."

"It is always best to keep one candle for one purpose."
He nodded, "Quite... So, do you recommend melting it down to cast a new candle from it, or just using it for plain illumination as means of disposal?"

"That made her feel quite scandalized but she might have forgotten all about it by now she do not have a good memory."
He flicked the green candle in his hand, "Still, a peace offering might come in handy."

You find Chief Morgan and his apprentice there, both looking rather worn out but the disgusting presence is gone, what is worrisome though is that Chief Morgan looks rather concerned and he seldom let his emotion show like that.
Colin glanced around, candle in hand, "You got the thing? Good... but from your expression, it's not over yet, is it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Colin smiled, "Indeed... if we hadn't been sent on a mission together, she might yet not have said anything... and I wouldn't, either, I'm afraid - it still feels a little... almost unseemly, with the age difference... I'm glad she decided to speak up, though."

"A mage can have a long life with the right kind of magick if one decide to extend it making a bit of an age difference not that important, and besides she likes you Mr Wainwright and you like her, is not that all that really matter?"
The young Chorister said and gave you a warm smile.

"Dogs never do."

Dion grinned at that.
"No they never do now do they."
She said in and amused tone of voice.

He nodded, "Quite... So, do you recommend melting it down to cast a new candle from it, or just using it for plain illumination as means of disposal?"

"I would use it for illumination but melting it down also works, especially if you cleanse it first. Knowing what to do with leftover candles is why I buy these tiny little candles at amazon, they call them spell candles and you get a bunch of colors in a pack and they are small enough that they generally do not last much longer than whatever working you light them for."
Dion suggested.

He flicked the green candle in his hand, "Still, a peace offering might come in handy."

"I am sure Curly will appreciate it Sir."
Jane said and gave you a smile.

Colin glanced around, candle in hand, "You got the thing? Good... but from your expression, it's not over yet, is it?"

Jeffry looked up as Colin entered the small room.
"Yes we got it...and I hope it is over but...this can still be bad, for now both of you what about if we reconvene in my office and discuss our next step and also talk over who is going back to Chicago."
The old Hermetic sand and sigh.
"Bloody thing invading my Chantry and scaring my imps..."
He grumbled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:17 pm

"A mage can have a long life with the right kind of magick if one decide to extend it making a bit of an age difference not that important, and besides she likes you Mr Wainwright and you like her, is not that all that really matter?"
Colin smiled, "Yes... yes, it is."

Jeffry looked up as Colin entered the small room.
"Yes we got it...and I hope it is over but...this can still be bad, for now both of you what about if we reconvene in my office and discuss our next step and also talk over who is going back to Chicago."
The old Hermetic sand and sigh.
"Bloody thing invading my Chantry and scaring my imps..."
He grumbled.
Colin nodded and held up the green candle, "Sounds good. By the way, a small peace offering for Curly... So, what the devil was that thing, anyway?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Colin smiled, "Yes... yes, it is."

"I wish for both of you good luck and happiness."
Dion said and smiled kindly.

Colin nodded and held up the green candle, "Sounds good. By the way, a small peace offering for Curly... So, what the devil was that thing, anyway?"

On the Chief's shoulder not that you could see it Curly begun to jump up and down and dance when she realized the candle was for her.
"Yes...yes my little one but you have to share with your friends."
Jeffry said then he turned to you.
"I am sure Curly will appreciate that Mr Wainwright but please do not let her bully you around...Curly can be quite demanding, like a spoiled child at times."
The old mage said fondly but then his smile faded.
"That was a souleater Mr Wainwright, a powerful bane spirit and now we have to figure out if it have infected anyone at the Chantry, though that process will take time so we are going to have to stop the Nephandi first, we are going to have to search the Chantry though to make sure there are not any more surprises anywhere."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:40 pm

"It is going to be allot of work indeed fili mi but it will have to be done and no, if someone is infected that do not mean they are safe even if the souleater is destroyed, someone do not get well from a disease even if you kill the original carrier."

"That's not good...is there some way that I can help discern who was affected? And can we combat the disease it brings if it has not fully...taken over? And can an infected person or spirit infect others? How quickly do these diseases progress, I mean...do we have time to wait?"

Colin glanced around, candle in hand, "You got the thing? Good... but from your expression, it's not over yet, is it?
"Yes we got it...and I hope it is over but...this can still be bad, for now both of you what about if we reconvene in my office and discuss our next step and also talk over who is going back to Chicago." The old Hermetic sand and sigh. "Bloody thing invading my Chantry and scaring my imps..."

"Colin, everyone ok?" he asked.

Adley gave a faint smile at the candle. "Spoiling her for misbehaving are we?" he teased a little. Then he shook his head. "Not a devil, not an infernal creature..."

"I am sure Curly will appreciate that Mr Wainwright but please do not let her bully you around...Curly can be quite demanding, like a spoiled child at times."

"They have a fascination with shoe laces," he said. "They look like candle wicks so they want to set them on fire..."

"That was a souleater Mr Wainwright, a powerful bane spirit and now we have to figure out if it have infected anyone at the Chantry, though that process will take time so we are going to have to stop the Nephandi first, we are going to have to search the Chantry though to make sure there are not any more surprises anywhere."

"You said it can infect spirits too, so we'll have to check out the regular spirits around as well..." He frowned. "Well, let's go to your office...maybe we'll think of something."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:57 pm

"Colin, everyone ok?" he asked.
Colin nodded, "They're fine - I left them in my apartment after miss Blackwell gave the place a clean bill of health. Should I go bring them back here before we proceed with matters?

"Yes...yes my little one but you have to share with your friends."
Jeffry said then he turned to you.
He grinned, "Not much risk of that happening so long as I can't see her."

"Spoiling her for misbehaving are we?"
"More like apologizing for kicking the puppy."

"They have a fascination with shoe laces," he said. "They look like candle wicks so they want to set them on fire..."
He arched an eyebrow, "I gather that's not something they can easily do, since I can't recall there ever being an epidemic of incinerated shoes on the premises?"

He grimaced, "How would it infect anyone... hum... I would recommend checking the prisoners first, then, just in case... and Master Steelhaven; he was concerned when I arrived several minutes after he'd expected - we thought it was because I've been several days in time bubbles today, but... best check, just in case."

"Well, let's go to your office...maybe we'll think of something."
He nodded, "At least there are some good news... Master Narim should be able to track down the fey vampire with the silver blade fairly soon, with the fellow's phone and e-mail address at hand."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Colin nodded, "They're fine - I left them in my apartment after miss Blackwell gave the place a clean bill of health. Should I go bring them back here before we proceed with matters?

"That's good. I gave a brief look over the room and didn't see anything here but perhaps Mrs Blackwell should double check. She should only sense a plethora of gafflings which are helping out," he explained.

"If Freddy gives me permission to hold your hand I can show you," he teased.

"More like apologizing for kicking the puppy."

He nodded at that. "Yes, she didn't mean to do harm."

He grimaced, "How would it infect anyone... hum... I would recommend checking the prisoners first, then, just in case... and Master Steelhaven; he was concerned when I arrived several minutes after he'd expected - we thought it was because I've been several days in time bubbles today, but... best check, just in case."

He looked concerned as the Primus was mentioned.

He nodded, "At least there are some good news... Master Narim should be able to track down the fey vampire with the silver blade fairly soon, with the fellow's phone and e-mail address at hand."

"Really? Well, good," he blinked at that. "Let's discuss details in the office please..." he cautioned.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:31 pm

"That's not good...is there some way that I can help discern who was affected? And can we combat the disease it brings if it has not fully...taken over? And can an infected person or spirit infect others? How quickly do these diseases progress, I mean...do we have time to wait?"

"The corruption these spirits spreads takes some time to manifest so we have some time but we should try to identify any victims if there are any as soon as possible. Yes once I identify any infected I should be able to remove the illness."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Yes one infected person can infect others...you might be able to help yes though finding such an infection is not that easy though it might show up in an afflicted person's Resonance, though like I said hopefully that things did not get any of us before we got it..."

Jeffry sigh and that and shook his head.
"I have been trying to get them to stop doing that but so far not to much luck."
The old mage said.
"Perhaps I can not bring myself to being stern enough with them..."
He muttered and indeed he did have a soft spot for those little imps and did spoil them rotten, especially Poodle.

"You said it can infect spirits too, so we'll have to check out the regular spirits around as well..." He frowned. "Well, let's go to your office...maybe we'll think of something."

"Yes the Umbroods are even more at risk that physical beings so yes we have to check every spirit at the Chantry and preferably also in the surrounding area...but yes let us go, this is anyway not the place to discuss this..."
Jeffry said and begun to lead the way towards his office.

"You can send Miss Blackwell a message letting her know this room is clear and let her have a look to make sure, but right now it have a greater priority to decide what we do next that to get the Choristers back into bed if they are in a safe location."
The Security Chief said.

"True enough..."
Jeffry said with a small smile.

He arched an eyebrow, "I gather that's not something they can easily do, since I can't recall there ever being an epidemic of incinerated shoes on the premises?"

"My imps are little more than gafflings Mr Wainwright it is hard for them to affect the physical world but that do not mean they do not try and they can tug at shoelaces and pieces of string and anything else they think are candle wicks and they do so quite a bit, I do apologize for it disturbing your working earlier."
The old Hermetic said.

"I am not certain, it is rare for these beings to come into contact with physical reality, but yes checking the prisoners are a good place to begin...hum...Master Steelhaven is not often off in his predictions...that is worrisome..."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Hopefully though that thing outside have not been able to cause any harm through the wards..."

Jeffry raised an eyebrow at that.
"How come he is able to do that Mr Wainwright? Have some new information come up that I am not aware of yet?"

The small group of magi made it down to the Chief's office, on the way you see Arn, Darrian's apprentice he was clearly on guard duty for Jeffry stopped the man for a moment.
"Mr Woodhouse please take extra care on your rounds and tell the others as well, and if possible search for spirits that are not supposed to be there, I will explain later."
He said and the young Solificato nodded and gave the old Hermetic a polite bow.
"As you wish Master Morgan."
He said before he left to continue his rounds, taking a glass bottle from his pocket and drinking it's contents as he did so before he begun looking around carefully.

Jeffry open the door to his office and show the two younger magi inside.
"Please take a seat."
He said and indicated the two chairs in front of his desk before he went and sat down in his own chair.
"Now Mr Wainwright you where saying about that fay vampire?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:05 pm

"You can send Miss Blackwell a message letting her know this room is clear and let her have a look to make sure, but right now it have a greater priority to decide what we do next that to get the Choristers back into bed if they are in a safe location."
"That's good. I gave a brief look over the room and didn't see anything here but perhaps Mrs Blackwell should double check. She should only sense a plethora of gafflings which are helping out," he explained.
Colin nodded, "After the meeting, then - so one of us can escort them here, just in case."

"If Freddy gives me permission to hold your hand I can show you," he teased.
"I don't rightly think she'll object to that. Though it might look a bit awkward if we were to do so in public places."

"Yes, she didn't mean to do harm."
He nodded, "Neither did I... but what's a fellow to do when some invisible little imp is meddling with his shoelaces?"

"Perhaps I can not bring myself to being stern enough with them..."
He sighed, "I'm going to have the same problem with Jareth, I think - the lovable scamp pulled the pillowcase off my pillow while I was out. Not a tear in the pillow or pillowcase, either."

"My imps are little more than gafflings Mr Wainwright it is hard for them to affect the physical world but that do not mean they do not try and they can tug at shoelaces and pieces of string and anything else they think are candle wicks and they do so quite a bit, I do apologize for it disturbing your working earlier."
He arched an eyebrow, "Hm, and do they have anything to do with the little energy balls I've seen bouncing around in the corridors every now and then?"

"I am not certain, it is rare for these beings to come into contact with physical reality, but yes checking the prisoners are a good place to begin...hum...Master Steelhaven is not often off in his predictions...that is worrisome..."
He nodded, "It does seem plausible enough, though, that Master Steelhaven's near miss was due to, well, the equivalent of white noise. At least he examined me under the influence of some of his own temporal magic and decided he could confirm me as an Adept early. He... is sympathetic to the why, as well; I felt it necessary to inform him."

"How come he is able to do that Mr Wainwright? Have some new information come up that I am not aware of yet?"
He grinned, "Yes, I was actually going to tell you when you intercepted my train of thought, Sir... Your office, though, not here."

"Now Mr Wainwright you where saying about that fay vampire?"
Colin sat down and took a deep breath, "Master Steelhaven cast a spell to try to coax out another of my visions, to see whether it's a matter of simple precognition, or something more complex - as appears to be the case, my future self is pinpointing me in moments of temporal disturbance, and there's some aspect of travel involved. At that time, I had a small hop onward to December, where I had brought Anna along to France for, well... a change of scenery and a playmate the Traditions wouldn't object to. There, a most charming, roguish fellow helped me recap a few details regarding the Kiasyd - the fey-blooded vampire - who will be of great help in navigating the Labyrinth here. You see, the fellow is quite desperate for a new blade, after the one he lost, and he called a silversmith to get a replacement. I'll give you three guesses as to which shop he called."
He grinned, "So, once I was back in the present, I went straight down to Master Narim and had him remote in on my answering machine - that seemed the quickest method - and lo and behold, there it was. So, Master Narim is tracking down the fellow by means of phone and e-mail address, and should probably have a result ready when I return from Chicago again."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:53 pm

"The corruption these spirits spreads takes some time to manifest so we have some time but we should try to identify any victims if there are any as soon as possible. Yes once I identify any infected I should be able to remove the illness." Jeffry said and nodded. "Yes one infected person can infect others...you might be able to help yes though finding such an infection is not that easy though it might show up in an afflicted person's Resonance, though like I said hopefully that things did not get any of us before we got it..."

"How does one infect another...if it's not one damn thing it's another. I wonder too if this tactic has not already been used elsewhere." He frowned.

"Yes the Umbroods are even more at risk that physical beings so yes we have to check every spirit at the Chantry and preferably also in the surrounding area...but yes let us go, this is anyway not the place to discuss this..."

"The problem is though that if we don't keep the ones we check from the ones we don't, then there is a risk of infection, or re-infection..."

"I don't rightly think she'll object to that. Though it might look a bit awkward if we were to do so in public places."

Adley gave a shrug at that. "With all that's going on, it would probably be the least weird thing happening at any given moment. But I take your point, since I rather don't feel like spending time explaining."

He nodded, "Neither did I... but what's a fellow to do when some invisible little imp is meddling with his shoelaces?"

"Most of the time, you wouldn't notice, perhaps you are becoming a bit more sensitive to spirits. Or Curly just really, really wanted you to play with her."

As they passed Mr Woodhouse and the Chief stopped to give him instructions, Adley nodded to him politely. Then as they got to the office, he shut the door behind him and took the proffered seat. He listened to Colin explain about the kisayd, noting down the vampire's type, and rubbed at his face with one hand. "All these temporal and spiritual conjunctions are getting to be...something extraordinary. Like some kind of nexus...it's frustrating. You hear yourself doing a thing that you did, but how do you know that's the outcome you want?" He looked at his friend, exasperatedly. "Kisayd, hrm? Well, that does rather spare me having to ask Carmon about it directly..." He pushed his hair out of his face tiredly and asked, "Is Narim alright? Every time I talk to that man I have to ask him to do something, without explaining nearly an iota of it. After he already saved my ass from my own stupidity."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Colin nodded, "After the meeting, then - so one of us can escort them here, just in case."

"Good thinking, having someone escort the Choristers back will be useful."
Jeffry agreed.

He sighed, "I'm going to have the same problem with Jareth, I think - the lovable scamp pulled the pillowcase off my pillow while I was out. Not a tear in the pillow or pillowcase, either."

"Who is Jareth I have not heard that name spoken before I think?"
The old Hermetic asked.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hm, and do they have anything to do with the little energy balls I've seen bouncing around in the corridors every now and then?"

"This is a apartment building full of mages Mr Wainwright there are likely to be energy phenomena everywhere but yes those balls might very well be my imps yes."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded, "It does seem plausible enough, though, that Master Steelhaven's near miss was due to, well, the equivalent of white noise. At least he examined me under the influence of some of his own temporal magic and decided he could confirm me as an Adept early. He... is sympathetic to the why, as well; I felt it necessary to inform him."

"It is the most plausible explanation that with all these temporal phenomena that have been going on around you that there is as you say white noise, but I do not like irregularity right now Mr Wainwright, even if that irregularity is not likely to be relevant."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Informing Master Steelhaven was the right thing to do...as for helping you get an early Adept degree that is good then."
He said and nodded.

He grinned, "Yes, I was actually going to tell you when you intercepted my train of thought, Sir... Your office, though, not here."

"Yes let us discuss this in private."
The old Hermetic muttered as he hurried towards his office.

Colin sat down and took a deep breath, "Master Steelhaven cast a spell to try to coax out another of my visions, to see whether it's a matter of simple precognition, or something more complex - as appears to be the case, my future self is pinpointing me in moments of temporal disturbance, and there's some aspect of travel involved. At that time, I had a small hop onward to December, where I had brought Anna along to France for, well... a change of scenery and a playmate the Traditions wouldn't object to.

"Hum...so you still have the Nephandi girl in captivity in December then Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry asked.
"So you have confirmed now that it is your future self that is the cause of these visions you have been having then? Well in either case they have seamed to help us, what did you learn this time?"

There, a most charming, roguish fellow helped me recap a few details regarding the Kiasyd - the fey-blooded vampire - who will be of great help in navigating the Labyrinth here. You see, the fellow is quite desperate for a new blade, after the one he lost, and he called a silversmith to get a replacement. I'll give you three guesses as to which shop he called."

"You have more luck than you are allowed to have young man but yes I have my suspicion about what silversmith shop this...what did you call him a Kiasyd called? Then at least if he have really called your shop we have a solid lead to find the man...though off course getting him to work with us is an other story entirely."

He grinned, "So, once I was back in the present, I went straight down to Master Narim and had him remote in on my answering machine - that seemed the quickest method - and lo and behold, there it was. So, Master Narim is tracking down the fellow by means of phone and e-mail address, and should probably have a result ready when I return from Chicago again."

"Good I am sure Master Sharaya will be able to find the man, he is quite good at his job that kid."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Keep me posted on that matter if you are so kind Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said as he stood and found a large copper bowls and some tea light candles to light for the imps.
"You had a candle for Curly?"
He asked.

"How does one infect another...if it's not one damn thing it's another. I wonder too if this tactic has not already been used elsewhere." He frowned.

"I do not know how the infection spread mea filius, I have to read up on it, like I said these creatures are rare on earth and yes we are going to have to warn the other Chantries about what have happened here so they can examine their own people and Umbroods as well."
Your Mentor said sounding frustrated.

"The problem is though that if we don't keep the ones we check from the ones we don't, then there is a risk of infection, or re-infection..."

"Yeah...it is all a bit of a mess mea filius, I am not sure how to solve this problem, but yes there is a chance of re infection...I just hope no one is infected....as getting rid of such infection is always hard."
The old magus said then he added a few choice words in Greek.

As they passed Mr Woodhouse and the Chief stopped to give him instructions, Adley nodded to him politely.

Arn gave you a polite nod back before he left.

Then as they got to the office, he shut the door behind him and took the proffered seat. He listened to Colin explain about the kisayd, noting down the vampire's type, and rubbed at his face with one hand. "All these temporal and spiritual conjunctions are getting to be...something extraordinary. Like some kind of nexus...it's frustrating.

Jeffry grunted in agreement as his student spoke of all of the things going on with Colin as frustrating while he was preparing candles in a copper bowl for the imps.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:02 pm

"Who is Jareth I have not heard that name spoken before I think?"
Colin grinned, "I seem to have befrended one of Duncan Ackerman's children - I found the little guy on my windowsill. I was allowed to name him, and picked the name of... a character in a movie."

"Most of the time, you wouldn't notice, perhaps you are becoming a bit more sensitive to spirits. Or Curly just really, really wanted you to play with her."
He shrugged, "Who knows... I'm apparently expanding my magical repertoire at an unprecedented pace this weekend."

"It is the most plausible explanation that with all these temporal phenomena that have been going on around you that there is as you say white noise, but I do not like irregularity right now Mr Wainwright, even if that irregularity is not likely to be relevant."
He nodded, "Indeed; I wouldn't even have bothered to mention it if you hadn't seemed concerned with some impairing spiritual infection. Best not take any chances..."

"Hum...so you still have the Nephandi girl in captivity in December then Mr Wainwright."
"So it seems - of course, that still depends on the goodwill of the Deacon Council, the poor girl's continued... poor health, and so on. Can't take it for granted."

"So you have confirmed now that it is your future self that is the cause of these visions you have been having then? Well in either case they have seamed to help us, what did you learn this time?"
"There were no otherplausible sources we could think of - plus, the fact that my future self would remember roughly when to look for those temporal disruptions seems a very strong piece of circumstantial evidence."

"You have more luck than you are allowed to have young man but yes I have my suspicion about what silversmith shop this...what did you call him a Kiasyd called? Then at least if he have really called your shop we have a solid lead to find the man...though off course getting him to work with us is an other story entirely."
"Indeed, though it is entirely possible he called others, as well - the man is desperate for a new blade, and left a message on my answering machine, so it would be folly to assume I'm the only one he tried to commission the work from. However, we might have a bit of a head start on any others, since most don't check their messages on Sundays."

"Keep me posted on that matter if you are so kind Mr Wainwright."
"Will do."

"You had a candle for Curly?"
He handed over the green candle, "Here, one of the finest in the dollar store's gourmand selection."

"All these temporal and spiritual conjunctions are getting to be...something extraordinary. Like some kind of nexus...it's frustrating. You hear yourself doing a thing that you did, but how do you know that's the outcome you want?" He looked at his friend, exasperatedly. "Kisayd, hrm? Well, that does rather spare me having to ask Carmon about it directly..." He pushed his hair out of his face tiredly and asked, "Is Narim alright? Every time I talk to that man I have to ask him to do something, without explaining nearly an iota of it. After he already saved my ass from my own stupidity."
He nodded, "It is extraordinary - yet oddly reassuring; things are coming around full circle from several points in the past and the future. If nothing else can be taken as gospel from it, this can: We can survive the weekend - there is a path, and the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. As for doing a thing that I did, and knowing the outcome... All I can say for certain is that I seem to be giving myself hints about what went right in the future, including quite a few causal loops that should have been giving me a headache."
"As for Narim, he's fine. He wanted to know how you were doing, and sends his regards. I do think he could do well with some informal get-together soonish."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:36 pm

"I do not know how the infection spread mea filius, I have to read up on it, like I said these creatures are rare on earth and yes we are going to have to warn the other Chantries about what have happened here so they can examine their own people and Umbroods as well."

"Sorry, I don't mean to be getting ahead of ourselves it just all hit me, what we were going to have to deal with now."

"Yeah...it is all a bit of a mess mea filius, I am not sure how to solve this problem, but yes there is a chance of re infection...I just hope no one is infected....as getting rid of such infection is always hard."

"I would appreciate it if you could show me how I can help when you get a chance."

He shrugged, "Who knows... I'm apparently expanding my magical repertoire at an unprecedented pace this weekend."

"I hear you," he said with a nod. "Congratulations on your new status," he added with a grin.

"So it seems - of course, that still depends on the goodwill of the Deacon Council, the poor girl's continued... poor health, and so on. Can't take it for granted."

Adley frowned a little but didn't say anything. It was confusing enough as it was, all these temporal loops. But what he had found out was useful, even if that troubled him somewhat.

He nodded, "It is extraordinary - yet oddly reassuring; things are coming around full circle from several points in the past and the future. If nothing else can be taken as gospel from it, this can: We can survive the weekend - there is a path, and the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. As for doing a thing that I did, and knowing the outcome... All I can say for certain is that I seem to be giving myself hints about what went right in the future, including quite a few causal loops that should have been giving me a headache."

"I suppose that is a difference between us, I don't think I would find it reassuring at all," he admitted. "I can't say I like some of the things that you have found out in these visions. It seems to me future you is going to be getting a headache too from paradox, I hope you are okay. It's weird, though...if you want to make the loop, you'll have to have these conversations all over again, to send them back to you now."

"As for Narim, he's fine. He wanted to know how you were doing, and sends his regards. I do think he could do well with some informal get-together soonish."

"Good," he said. "Informal get together...? Well, I think we all could probably, after we top up our sleep. And now I realise I'm hungry again, should have had something when I was talking to the Mercere. They're...not great. I brought them a sign language book so Mr Gregario could talk with his student and that seems to have helped some but they are in very, very poor shape after seeing the avatar manifest." He shook his head. "Speaking to that, pater you might consider locking up the library book log as it has signatures in it." He looked at Colin. "And now we can get to the part where you can try to talk me out of coming back with you. I promise I will listen, though taking a personal piece out of Abigail might be very satisfying it may not be wise..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:59 am

Colin grinned, "I seem to have befrended one of Duncan Ackerman's children - I found the little guy on my windowsill. I was allowed to name him, and picked the name of... a character in a movie."

"Ah yes one of the owl sentries now I understand, fine birds those."
Jeffry said and smiled.

He nodded, "Indeed; I wouldn't even have bothered to mention it if you hadn't seemed concerned with some impairing spiritual infection. Best not take any chances..."

"Like I said I do not think there is a problem but it is my job to consider any eventuality Mr Wainwright, so thank you for mentioning it."

"No off course you can not take it for granted Mr Wainwright but it is an indication."

"There were no otherplausible sources we could think of - plus, the fact that my future self would remember roughly when to look for those temporal disruptions seems a very strong piece of circumstantial evidence."

"Hum...it is a explanation which would cover what have been happening at least so I would agree it is a fairly likely one."
The old magus said and nodded in agreement.
"Even so it is a curios phenomena."

"Indeed, though it is entirely possible he called others, as well - the man is desperate for a new blade, and left a message on my answering machine, so it would be folly to assume I'm the only one he tried to commission the work from. However, we might have a bit of a head start on any others, since most don't check their messages on Sundays."

"Well it do not really matter how many others the man might have contacted what matters is that we now have a way, hopefully to find him, though I am a bit unsure as of yet as to what we should do once we contact him, I do not like to cooperate with vampires, the Massassa are tricky and dangerous."
The Hermetic said and frowned.

"Will do."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."

He handed over the green candle, "Here, one of the finest in the dollar store's gourmand selection."

Jeffry took the green candle and placed it with the others, light them and then placed the imps inside the bowl not that Colin could see exactly what he was doing but he was looking almost as if he was lovingly putting someone to bed.
"Here my little ones rest for now and get over that fright..."
He muttered as the little fire spirits joined with the candle flames.

"Well if your visions indicate we will win this thing Mr Wainwright I will take it, we could use some good luck."
Jeffry said and frowned a bit.
"We have so much stacked against us and even if your visions are no surefire omen of our victory, I will take a bit of added hope gladly."
He grunted as he finished up with the candles.
"Do any of you want any coffee gentlemen?"
He preceded to ask.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be getting ahead of ourselves it just all hit me, what we were going to have to deal with now."

"Yes we are in a bit of a mess, hopefully though it will all be a bit of work and nothing else but if it is more serious than that, well...one crisis at a time I guess."
Your Mentor said and briefly patted you on the shoulder.

"I would appreciate it if you could show me how I can help when you get a chance."

"I will do so mea filius."
The old mage said then he grinned.
"Which means there will not be much rest for any of us until we have gone through every member of the Chantry and every spirit...possibly several times. At least you will get some training out of it I suppose, and we will see how you do with extended spellcasting."

And now I realise I'm hungry again, should have had something when I was talking to the Mercere.

"I have a baguette I made but never had the time to eat mea filius...one moment..."
Jeffry said and opened one drawer and pulled out a plate with a cheese and ham baguette on it, it was nothing special and was an hour old but at least it would be filling.
"Here it is not the best but you should eat something."
He said and handed the bread to you before he went over to his coffee maker to brew a pot.

They're...not great. I brought them a sign language book so Mr Gregario could talk with his student and that seems to have helped some but they are in very, very poor shape after seeing the avatar manifest." He shook his head.

"I am glad you where able to help them Adley but I am concerned for their well being. After what they have been through to see what they did...and they came here for protection, it bothers me just how much we have failed them."
Your Mentor said sadly as he sat back down to wait for the coffee to finish brewing.

"Speaking to that, pater you might consider locking up the library book log as it has signatures in it."

"Yes books are signed out of the library...I am not sure I follow why I should check up on that though mea filius any particular reason?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:28 am

"Yes we are in a bit of a mess, hopefully though it will all be a bit of work and nothing else but if it is more serious than that, well...one crisis at a time I guess." Your Mentor said and briefly patted you on the shoulder.

He nodded at that. "The good thing is that the main one is gone...though I'm worried that anyone was affected by it. We should probably check over little Jane, though perhaps the imps would have noticed if she were infected. They really did not like it, they called it the grey bad spirit."

"Which means there will not be much rest for any of us until we have gone through every member of the Chantry and every spirit...possibly several times. At least you will get some training out of it I suppose, and we will see how you do with extended spellcasting.

He sighed. There was a likelihood that if he didn't get dumped on by paradox before then, it would happen with repetitive casting. At least if it happened at home though he could get help. Better than in a battle.

Jeffry took the green candle and placed it with the others, light them and then placed the imps inside the bowl not that Colin could see exactly what he was doing but he was looking almost as if he was lovingly putting someone to bed. "Here my little ones rest for now and get over that fright..."He muttered as the little fire spirits joined with the candle flames.

He smiled a little as his pater effectively all but fluffed pillows for the spoiled imps. "Where's their brother? I haven't seen him around, much lately actually..."

"Do any of you want any coffee gentlemen?" He preceded to ask

"Yes, please."

"I have a baguette I made but never had the time to eat mea filius...one moment..." Jeffry said and opened one drawer and pulled out a plate with a cheese and ham baguette on it, it was nothing special and was an hour old but at least it would be filling. "Here it is not the best but you should eat something."

"Thank you," he said, looking at the food as it appeared in front of him. He took one of the knives, stabbed one end of the loaf and used the other one to cut hunks of bread, then did similarly to the cheese and ham before skewering some of each.

"I am glad you where able to help them Adley but I am concerned for their well being. After what they have been through to see what they did...and they came here for protection, it bothers me just how much we have failed them."

"I know...so am I."

"Yes books are signed out of the library...I am not sure I follow why I should check up on that though mea filius any particular reason?"

"Not check up on so much as maybe put it somewhere for safe keeping. We've had infiltrators in here and if anyone got it into their head, they might be able to use it if they were inclined towards that sort of magick. Plus, Mr Darehill has signed his own books and we know he is already desired by the opposition."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:58 am

He nodded at that. "The good thing is that the main one is gone...though I'm worried that anyone was affected by it. We should probably check over little Jane, though perhaps the imps would have noticed if she were infected. They really did not like it, they called it the grey bad spirit."

"We are going to have to check over little Miss Cole and also the imps but yes I hope no one was affected by that thing and the souleater itself being gone do help things, but I am concerned mea filius, I am very concerned."
Your Mentor said and frowned.

He sighed. There was a likelihood that if he didn't get dumped on by paradox before then, it would happen with repetitive casting. At least if it happened at home though he could get help. Better than in a battle.

Jeffry gave you a light pat on the shoulder, he shared your worry but at least the situation was not completely out of hand anymore...well hopefully it was not.

He smiled a little as his pater effectively all but fluffed pillows for the spoiled imps. "Where's their brother? I haven't seen him around, much lately actually..."

"Right now he is in the attic I sent him there since we have several guests housed up there so I could keep an eye on things."
Your Mentor said when he was satisfied with the array of candles and went to fix coffee.
"No he is shyer than his siblings and less likely to cause mischief than these two little hooligans."

"Yes, please."

"I will put some on."

"I know...so am I."

Jeffry nodded he had a concerned look in his dark eyes.
"I hope they will get better."
Was all he said.

"Not check up on so much as maybe put it somewhere for safe keeping. We've had infiltrators in here and if anyone got it into their head, they might be able to use it if they were inclined towards that sort of magick. Plus, Mr Darehill has signed his own books and we know he is already desired by the opposition."

"You do have a point there mea filius, signatures can be used as arcane connections, good catch, I will look into it."
Your Mentor said and nodded, then he stood and filled three cups of coffee and handed them out before sitting back down again and sipping his own.
"Well then let us discuss Chicago gentlemen and who is going back there to help take out this Abigail's Labyrinth."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:11 am

"Ah yes one of the owl sentries now I understand, fine birds those."
Colin nodded, "Very much so. I think I'll have to get him a little house of his own; I suspect he'll be sticking around."

"No off course you can not take it for granted Mr Wainwright but it is an indication."
He simply nodded.

"Congratulations on your new status,"
"It's not official yet... he just got started on the paperwork, after all. Still, thanks."

"I suppose that is a difference between us, I don't think I would find it reassuring at all," he admitted. "I can't say I like some of the things that you have found out in these visions. It seems to me future you is going to be getting a headache too from paradox, I hope you are okay. It's weird, though...if you want to make the loop, you'll have to have these conversations all over again, to send them back to you now."
He smiled wryly, "I suppose I'll be playing the part of the Ghost of Christmas Future Imperfect Conditional, bringing news of what would have been going to happen, if I were not to have been going to change my ways... But more seriously, the fact that there are... unpleasant aspects of those visions seems to lend them credibility. A future without grievance or loss? Would you have believed that? But yes, I'll have to make those conversations again."

"Well it do not really matter how many others the man might have contacted what matters is that we now have a way, hopefully to find him, though I am a bit unsure as of yet as to what we should do once we contact him, I do not like to cooperate with vampires, the Massassa are tricky and dangerous."
"I would presume we make a very simple deal - he helps us navigate the Labyrinth, and we return his blade to him, and help him get out of town. Put him in touch with someone to help track down his pack, perhaps?"

"Do any of you want any coffee gentlemen?"
"Yes, please... Topping up the reserves should be good about now."

"Informal get together...? Well, I think we all could probably, after we top up our sleep. And now I realise I'm hungry again, should have had something when I was talking to the Mercere. They're...not great. I brought them a sign language book so Mr Gregario could talk with his student and that seems to have helped some but they are in very, very poor shape after seeing the avatar manifest."
"Essentially, have someone bring him along to game night at a sports bar, or something of that sort - something far removed from work, and no colocation allowed."
He frowned, "I hope the Mercere can get back on their feet after that one; that was a foolish mistake by mr. Karyak..."

"And now we can get to the part where you can try to talk me out of coming back with you. I promise I will listen, though taking a personal piece out of Abigail might be very satisfying it may not be wise..."
Colin nodded, "Alright, I only have a couple of appropriate arguments. First, you may suffer unfortunate flashbacks at the sight of Abigail... not necessarily likely, but your previous incarnation did have reason to carry a strong grudge against her. Second, she wants the Grimoire, does she not? On the extremely remote chance she should discover where it's hidden..."
He frowned, "And, of course, there's the matter of soothing Beatrice. You are uniquely positioned for that. And lastly, there's the matter of trying very damn hard to get Abigail alive - can you be quite certain you won't try your hardest to kill her instead of trying for a live capture?"

"Well then let us discuss Chicago gentlemen and who is going back there to help take out this Abigail's Labyrinth."
He nodded, "Well, I'll rather have to go... It would be rude of me not to, after I managed to conscript the aid of Deaconess Darnell as a... most graceful battering ram. That said, we should probably conserve a little of our own strength, for taking out our own little backyard infestation - and we might be able to recruit some out-of-town assistance for that, too."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:50 am

Colin nodded, "Very much so. I think I'll have to get him a little house of his own; I suspect he'll be sticking around."

"What do Mr Ackerman think about you adopting one of his feather clad relatives?"
Jeffry asked and raised an eyebrow.
"He is rather fond of them I understand."

"I would presume we make a very simple deal - he helps us navigate the Labyrinth, and we return his blade to him, and help him get out of town. Put him in touch with someone to help track down his pack, perhaps?"

"Pack, there is a whole pack of these things out there Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"Well I and Adley can not contact the man and ask for a deal, but there is nothing to prevent you from doing so or another non Hermetic at the Chantry, but there is always a danger in dealing with vampires there is a reason why the Order of Hermes outlawed it..."

"Yes, please... Topping up the reserves should be good about now."

Jeffry nodded at that as he fiddled with the coffee maker and filled it with water from a bottle he had on a shelf.

"Essentially, have someone bring him along to game night at a sports bar, or something of that sort - something far removed from work, and no colocation allowed."

"I think Master Sharaya would appreciate that Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He frowned, "I hope the Mercere can get back on their feet after that one; that was a foolish mistake by mr. Karyak..."

"Yes it was"
Jeffry said darkly.
"Hopefully something can be done to help the Mercere, if nothing else we can contact their House and have them cared for by their own..."
He muttered.

Second, she wants the Grimoire, does she not? On the extremely remote chance she should discover where it's hidden..."

Jeffry frowned at that and looked at his apprentice with worried eyes for a moment.
"Yes that would be unfortunate..."

He nodded, "Well, I'll rather have to go... It would be rude of me not to, after I managed to conscript the aid of Deaconess Darnell as a... most graceful battering ram. That said, we should probably conserve a little of our own strength, for taking out our own little backyard infestation - and we might be able to recruit some out-of-town assistance for that, too."

"You are using Deaconess Darnell's Primium body as a battering ram at the Labyrinth?"
"Yes at least one of you going back do make sense, as for our infestation yes perhaps getting help from the outside is a possibility but it have to be someone I trust and I have a very short list of those I trust enough to do that job right now."
He said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:21 pm

"What do Mr Ackerman think about you adopting one of his feather clad relatives?"
"He is rather fond of them I understand."
Colin smiled, "Adoption might be a bit too strong a term. More like having a couch available for a friend who'll stop by. He was there when we met, though; he did not seem to object to such a friendship."

"Pack, there is a whole pack of these things out there Mr Wainwright?"
He shrugged, "I have no idea, actually - the search is still going on in December."

"Well I and Adley can not contact the man and ask for a deal, but there is nothing to prevent you from doing so or another non Hermetic at the Chantry, but there is always a danger in dealing with vampires there is a reason why the Order of Hermes outlawed it..."
He frowned, "Yes, of course - the reason being that Tremere, for all his good deeds, did something incredibly daft. Why does it seem like a lot of Hermetic law is based around the principle of 'Let us not do that again'? No offense intended, of course, a lot of it seems to be well within the realm of the blindingly obvious, like the prohibition against Infernalism, but... it seems that most of those laws were only formalized after someone did something impressively foolish..."
He sighed, "Then again, I suppose even Magi aren't exempt from the old adage about humans being the only species able to learn from the mistakes of others - and showing an incredible reluctance to do so. Of course, considering who I used to be, I've no right to criticize anyone for doing something irretrievably stupid..."

"I think Master Sharaya would appreciate that Mr Wainwright."
"I think we all would... even if Americans pride their masculinity on wearing 40 pounds of armour to play rugby..."

"Yes that would be unfortunate..."
"On the bright side, it seems Abigail believes the Grimoire to be a physical book."

"You are using Deaconess Darnell's Primium body as a battering ram at the Labyrinth?"
He smiled, "Indelicately phrased, but yes - on the assumption the Fallen have another bloody Aegis there, we need someone capable of resisting whatever the Fallen can hurl at us in front, until we can pick the defenses apart. At which point... well, I'll get to see what I'm able to pull off in terms of weaponizing corrupt Nodes."

"Yes at least one of you going back do make sense, as for our infestation yes perhaps getting help from the outside is a possibility but it have to be someone I trust and I have a very short list of those I trust enough to do that job right now."
He pondered, "We could ask for assistance from the involved Chicago Chantries... and with Lady Ceris' ward safe, she might be persuaded to help us. She's insane, true, but hardly unpredictable... and she's a powerhouse."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:43 pm

Colin smiled, "Adoption might be a bit too strong a term. More like having a couch available for a friend who'll stop by. He was there when we met, though; he did not seem to object to such a friendship."

"Unless you try to limit the owl's freedom I doubt Mr Ackerman will object, so making friends with the young feathered fellow should probably be just fine."
Jeffry said with a little smile.
"Just remember that he was born free."

He shrugged, "I have no idea, actually - the search is still going on in December."

"Well one problem at the time then."
The old magus said and sigh.
"A whole pack...by the heavens we are drowning in Massassa."

He frowned, "Yes, of course - the reason being that Tremere, for all his good deeds, did something incredibly daft. Why does it seem like a lot of Hermetic law is based around the principle of 'Let us not do that again'? No offense intended, of course, a lot of it seems to be well within the realm of the blindingly obvious, like the prohibition against Infernalism, but... it seems that most of those laws were only formalized after someone did something impressively foolish..."

Jeffry gave an amused laugh at that.
"Well yes and no Mr Wainwright, most of the Code of Hermes was formalized by Bonisagues at the First Tribunal...well the Hermetic First Tribunal when the Order was formed, the Traditions formation was called the same, it is confusing I know. The point about contact with vampires was added due to the issues with Tremere yes. A few hundred years ago the Code was modernized some, and Adley have sworn to the modern oath which have the prohibition against dealing with vampires as a separate point the old wording though just assumed vampires under the heading of the infernal...which is a bit of a problem since infernalism is the most serious crime a Hermetic can commit."
Jeffry explained.
"But yes it is more Bonisagus the Founder taking a guess at what stupid things a magus could decide to do and outlawing the worst of it."

He sighed, "Then again, I suppose even Magi aren't exempt from the old adage about humans being the only species able to learn from the mistakes of others - and showing an incredible reluctance to do so. Of course, considering who I used to be, I've no right to criticize anyone for doing something irretrievably stupid..."

"I have seen some animals seam to learn from watching one another so I would assume they can learn from one another's mistakes, and yes I have suspicion that the Protocol worded Betray not your Chantry nor Cabal was added due to the actions of a certain someone."
The old Flambeau said and frowned.

"I think we all would... even if Americans pride their masculinity on wearing 40 pounds of armour to play rugby..."

"I am glad I am not American then, fencing have always been my sport of choice..."

"On the bright side, it seems Abigail believes the Grimoire to be a physical book."

"Hum...yes at least there are that, let us make sure that remain so and discuss the matter as little as possible, my office is secure but I can never be completely sure."
Jeffry said before he gave his apprentice a protective glance.

He smiled, "Indelicately phrased, but yes - on the assumption the Fallen have another bloody Aegis there, we need someone capable of resisting whatever the Fallen can hurl at us in front, until we can pick the defenses apart. At which point... well, I'll get to see what I'm able to pull off in terms of weaponizing corrupt Nodes."

"Well now that sounds like a crude but sound strategy, just remember that Primium is magick resistant but it is not immune the Deaconess Darnell will be in danger is the rotes used against her is to powerful...but yes it will be interesting to hear what you are able to do Mr Wainwright, just try not to blow yourself up in the process."
The old Hermetic said with a wry smile.

He pondered, "We could ask for assistance from the involved Chicago Chantries... and with Lady Ceris' ward safe, she might be persuaded to help us. She's insane, true, but hardly unpredictable... and she's a powerhouse."

Jeffry just gave Colin a level look for a while.
"The Chicago Chantries yes, they might be able to help us check for the souleater infestation and that is not a bad idea...but are you honestly suggesting I let a Marauder run around and examine the members of Steelhaven Hall for such taint? A bloody Marauder?"
He asked and raised an eyebrow.

(OOC: I went Christmas shopping today...ehm...yeah to many people...far to many people...brrr. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next