Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

4 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 13 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:15 pm

"Hmm...understandable but in retrospect I think it was a malignant spirit. Can you tell if Mundi sensed it move away from there? You said he growled at the window, did he for example run over to it, or try to chase at something, as if running it off or seeing where it went?

"Well he did bark at the window after he had growled at it and then run over to it putting his paws on the kitchen counter to look out then he settled down after a while so it could seam like he was chasing something away yes. now that I think about it."
Darrian said.
"Our wards should be able to keep any malignant spirits out should they not, though considering all that have been happening lately...you may be right that this needs to be reported to Chief Morgan."
The alchemist agreed.

Have you felt well, since then? These spirits do have a disturbing presence that can linger," he added, giving a closer examination of the window to see if the thing had come in.

"I feel fine Mr Roth Hicks and Mundi feels fine as well other than being a bit uneasy and on edge but that is to be expected with all that have been going on he is a spirit but in this form he is also a dog and react as dogs do."
The Solificato said. The window looked rather normal, it had white a blue spotted curtains, on a closer inspection though you see the spice plants in the windowsill probably kept there to be easy to reach for to use in cooking, had all withered into husks but if it was the spirit from before just it's presence outside could probably have an adverse effect on living plants.

"No, it isn't. Do take care when going out," hes said. "In fact if you do not mind I will check my own magick before I go out," he added.

"I will be careful, and no I do not mind."
The alchemist said and glanced out the window.
"At times like these we all have to be cautious."

"It is a difficult time," he agreed. He took the lead and looked down at Mundi. "I know he cannot speak with me or communicate as he does with you, but does he understand other people talking beyond what a dog normally would?"

"Yes and no, Mundi is more intelligent than a regular dog and can understand human speech, but he understand it from a point of view of a dog...you are used to dealing with Umbrood yes? Think of him like that, he is quite intelligent but he is also fundamentally a dog, that is his nature."
Darrian scratched his short, messy hair.
"I guess that explanation did not make much sense, he understand but he is still a dog and will process that information and react to it as a dog..."
He said and gave an apologetic smile.
"I do apologize that I can not make it any clearer than that..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 13 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:29 pm

"Perhaps Mr Wainwright but we will discuss that option further once I get a chance to speak with the Marauder and evaluate how stable she is myself."
Jeffry said and looked at you sternly for a moment.
"For now I will take that she managed to shut Diego up with thanks and we will leave it at that for the time being."
Colin nodded with a roguish grin, "Of course, Sir, but please, do let me imagine the faces of the Fallen at their realization of what we might unleash upon them."

"Good luck."
He smiled, "Thank you... Give... Kyle, was it? Give him my regards."

"Very well Mr Wainwright we are out here if you need us but I can not imagine Ulv will cause to much trouble, then again before today I would not imagine him to do what he did either so well...anyway we are right out in the hallway call if you need us."
He nodded, "I don't know that anyone else in the Chantry would have acted wiser. I would like to think so, but I can't simply assume everyone would show better fiber under such pressure as Mr. Bergen. At least I have good news for him."

"Hi.."
Colin leaned against the cell wall, looking sternly at Ulv, "Well, the Nephandi never intended to hand Liv back... there was no way they would just give up such a precious treat for the vampire they were dealing with..."
He paused only for a moment, then smiled, "We got her out unscathed, though. Not a scratch on her, and she should be sleeping like a baby upstairs now. I expect she'll be let in to see you in the morning."
He scratched his cheek, "Also, while I cannot do anything about your detestable crimes, I will do what I can to get you the best possible advocate, for her sake... As much as you may have earned harsh punishment, she does not deserve to lose you, as well... She knows her mother is forfeit, but you... you might yet be able to plea for the Council's mercy."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Colin nodded with a roguish grin, "Of course, Sir, but please, do let me imagine the faces of the Fallen at their realization of what we might unleash upon them."

"My my Mr Wainwright you have a devious mind."
Jeffry said with a small grin.
"Imagine away young man and we might go for such a solution but it all depends on how much of a risk I deem Lady Ceris to be and what the Deacon Council says."

He smiled, "Thank you... Give... Kyle, was it? Give him my regards."

"His apprentice name, it is common among the Order of Hermes for a teacher to give his student a new name, then once the apprentice pass his Gauntlet and become a full member of a House he get to choose his own Craftname."
Jeffry explained.
"And I will give him your regards if the boy is awake, though I do not want to disturb him if he is sleeping."

He nodded, "I don't know that anyone else in the Chantry would have acted wiser. I would like to think so, but I can't simply assume everyone would show better fiber under such pressure as Mr. Bergen. At least I have good news for him."

"I would hope not to sell my services to the Nephandi at least if I got into such a pickle."
Sylvester said sadly.
"Good some welcome news might help him rest."
He said and nodded.

Colin leaned against the cell wall, looking sternly at Ulv, "Well, the Nephandi never intended to hand Liv back... there was no way they would just give up such a precious treat for the vampire they were dealing with..."

Ulv paled at that and gave you a fearful look.
"I feared as much but...I could not take that chance..."
He muttered.

He paused only for a moment, then smiled, "We got her out unscathed, though. Not a scratch on her, and she should be sleeping like a baby upstairs now. I expect she'll be let in to see you in the morning."

"She is safe? Liv is safe?"
Ulv muttered in a whisper.
"Are you sure Wainwright? She is okey, they have not harmed her?"
He asked.
"Oh thank the gods..."

He scratched his cheek, "Also, while I cannot do anything about your detestable crimes, I will do what I can to get you the best possible advocate, for her sake... As much as you may have earned harsh punishment, she does not deserve to lose you, as well... She knows her mother is forfeit, but you... you might yet be able to plea for the Council's mercy."

"I...thank you..."
The Hagalaz rune mage muttered.
"So Liv knows about her mother? How is she taking that? Is...she alright? I wish I could have protected her from it all."
He muttered regretfully.
"Hum...so here I am, tied down to the wall and an Orphan is doing me favors trying to save my life and...more...well for what it is worth I appreciate it."
He muttered though he still grumbled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:19 pm

"My my Mr Wainwright you have a devious mind."
Jeffry said with a small grin.
"Imagine away young man and we might go for such a solution but it all depends on how much of a risk I deem Lady Ceris to be and what the Deacon Council says."
Colin grinned, "Perhaps I do..."
He turned more serious again, "Still, I should hate to see Lady Ceris pay the harshest price for being deceived by the Fallen as she was... I'd like to see her given a bargain of some sort; a spell barring her from ever getting close to Earth again, for example..."

"His apprentice name, it is common among the Order of Hermes for a teacher to give his student a new name, then once the apprentice pass his Gauntlet and become a full member of a House he get to choose his own Craftname."
He nodded, "I assumed that would be why his name was changed... It seems perhaps a little excessive to me, but I can't deny that you seem to have an excellent, smooth process for it. Would that Sleeper society was as efficient in its bureaucracy."

"I would hope not to sell my services to the Nephandi at least if I got into such a pickle."
He nodded, "We would all hope to have the strength to not cooperate with the Fallen, even with our loved ones at peril... but when they promise to return your child in exchange for your collaboration, it's very easy to forget they are lying through their teeth..."

"Are you sure Wainwright? She is okey, they have not harmed her?"
He nodded, "From what I can tell, not a hair on her head has been harmed. It seems they didn't want to risk insulting their vampire ally with damaged goods."

"So Liv knows about her mother? How is she taking that? Is...she alright? I wish I could have protected her from it all."
"She worked that one out on her own, actually - I guess she gets her cleverness from her mother's side. But yes, I think she'll come out of this one without any lasting trauma. She's sad, and she knows you are in legal trouble for this... but she also seems quite understanding of how you made your mistakes because you love her. And that... that just might prove your saving grace."

"Hum...so here I am, tied down to the wall and an Orphan is doing me favors trying to save my life and...more...well for what it is worth I appreciate it."
He nodded, "The same Orphan who bested you on your own doorstep, even... That aside, there might be something you can do to help yourself a little more. Earlier, you mentioned that there was something going on with House Janissary? I think elaborating that to Master Steelhaven might be a very wise move for you... especially if that rot you mentioned gives you concern for Liv's safety."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Colin grinned, "Perhaps I do..."
He turned more serious again, "Still, I should hate to see Lady Ceris pay the harshest price for being deceived by the Fallen as she was... I'd like to see her given a bargain of some sort; a spell barring her from ever getting close to Earth again, for example..."

"Hum it might be arranged to place Lady Ceris under some sort of spell or Geas to prevent her from breaching the Gauntlet ever again, again this is something I will have to take up with the Deacon Council but as the woman did not mean to attack us it is possible we can find a solution like that for her, though I am making no promises."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Well we should get going we do not have much time."

He nodded, "I assumed that would be why his name was changed... It seems perhaps a little excessive to me, but I can't deny that you seem to have an excellent, smooth process for it. Would that Sleeper society was as efficient in its bureaucracy."

"Well technically speaking by Hermetic law a Mentor owns his apprentice so giving one a new name is no more of a bureaucratic hassle then renaming your cat."
The old magus said and frowned.
"He would still need to use his birth name for dealings in sleeper society though."

He nodded, "We would all hope to have the strength to not cooperate with the Fallen, even with our loved ones at peril... but when they promise to return your child in exchange for your collaboration, it's very easy to forget they are lying through their teeth..."

"Yeah I can see how that would be a though spot to be in."
Sylvester said and frowned angrily.
"We are taking them down, we are not letting them get away with all the shit they have pulled on us."
He declared.

He nodded, "From what I can tell, not a hair on her head has been harmed. It seems they didn't want to risk insulting their vampire ally with damaged goods."

"I do not like my daughter being talked about as if she was merchandise to be bought and sold Wainwright."
Ulv grumbled.
"Fuck the Nephandi...that is exactly how they looked at her...fuck them all.."

"She worked that one out on her own, actually - I guess she gets her cleverness from her mother's side.

"Fuck you Orphan!"
Ulv said and glared at you he was not quite defeated enough to let a jest at his intelligence from someone with no Tradition go without a reply but there was little else he could do blocked from his magick and bound as he was but glare at you.

But yes, I think she'll come out of this one without any lasting trauma. She's sad, and she knows you are in legal trouble for this... but she also seems quite understanding of how you made your mistakes because you love her. And that... that just might prove your saving grace."

"Thank the gods, as long as Liv is ok, I can go to my death with few regrets..."
The Cultist muttered.
"Not that I do not regret betraying my Chantry, I do regret that..."
He added a bit more softly.
"I do love my child Wainwright, she is the most important person in the world to me."

He nodded, "The same Orphan who bested you on your own doorstep, even...

Ulv hissed at you angrily but said nothing more about it.

That aside, there might be something you can do to help yourself a little more. Earlier, you mentioned that there was something going on with House Janissary? I think elaborating that to Master Steelhaven might be a very wise move for you... especially if that rot you mentioned gives you concern for Liv's safety."

"It do give me concern...I am willing to speak with the Deacon Primus about what I know, but I have to admit that it is not much, just enough to know something rotten is going on but I do not have well...any of the details really, but I can testify what I know, however if Liv's Mentor gets into trouble and I get executed then suddenly she will be left with no one, and I do not want that, she is only ten years old, she needs a caretaker."
Ulv said in a concerned tone of voice.
"Not that I think Master Boz is in trouble he do seam like a honorable man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:44 pm

"Hum it might be arranged to place Lady Ceris under some sort of spell or Geas to prevent her from breaching the Gauntlet ever again, again this is something I will have to take up with the Deacon Council but as the woman did not mean to attack us it is possible we can find a solution like that for her, though I am making no promises."
Colin smiled, "You suggest that, and perhaps even Master Nassa will look at you with gratitude..."

"Well technically speaking by Hermetic law a Mentor owns his apprentice so giving one a new name is no more of a bureaucratic hassle then renaming your cat."
He grinned, "Clearly, you're not familiar with the outright insanity of purebreed cats these days..."

"We are taking them down, we are not letting them get away with all the shit they have pulled on us."
He nodded, "Good man."

"I do not like my daughter being talked about as if she was merchandise to be bought and sold Wainwright."
Ulv grumbled.
"Fuck the Nephandi...that is exactly how they looked at her...fuck them all.."
He nodded slowly, "At least the renegade Technocrat cyborg we found to help us could see her as a child in danger, rather than a philosophical enemy... A good man; I hope he can stay clear of the Union for a long time to come..."

"Fuck you Orphan!"
He shook his head, "Sorry, that was a low blow, and completely uncalled for."

"Thank the gods, as long as Liv is ok, I can go to my death with few regrets..."
The Cultist muttered.
"Not that I do not regret betraying my Chantry, I do regret that..."
He added a bit more softly.
"I do love my child Wainwright, she is the most important person in the world to me."
He nodded, "Sentence has not been passed yet... Your chances are slim, but they are not nonexistent. Let's hope for the best, and work toward that, shall we?"

"It do give me concern...I am willing to speak with the Deacon Primus about what I know, but I have to admit that it is not much, just enough to know something rotten is going on but I do not have well...any of the details really, but I can testify what I know, however if Liv's Mentor gets into trouble and I get executed then suddenly she will be left with no one, and I do not want that, she is only ten years old, she needs a caretaker."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I've had a few visions of the future - actually, more like visits to future points in my life - and in some twenty years, Liv will be a Janissary, forced to check in with the Security Office on Horizon due to the troubles with her House... I think whatever rot there is will not be enough to tear the entire House down, but there's going to be some upheaval... I think Liv will be fine, but I've got a friend who I might be able to ask to keep an eye on her, just in case."

"Not that I think Master Boz is in trouble he do seam like a honorable man."
He nodded, "From Liv's descriptions, he seems a wise and decent man; it does seem unlikely he'd be knowingly getting himself caught up in something so dangerous..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:04 pm

"Well he did bark at the window after he had growled at it and then run over to it putting his paws on the kitchen counter to look out then he settled down after a while so it could seam like he was chasing something away yes. now that I think about it." Darrian said. "Our wards should be able to keep any malignant spirits out should they not, though considering all that have been happening lately...you may be right that this needs to be reported to Chief Morgan."

"I see...that lends credence, yes I do think it was a malignant spirit trying to get inside, probably the same one already noted. Our wards are strong, however that does not mean nothing can ever get in, unfortunately. The Nephandi will try any tactic they can to gain an advantage..." He shook his head. "I think you and the Chief should talk, and do not go out alone. I know you are a Master magus, sir and I mean no disrespect, of course."

"I feel fine Mr Roth Hicks and Mundi feels fine as well other than being a bit uneasy and on edge but that is to be expected with all that have been going on he is a spirit but in this form he is also a dog and react as dogs do."

"Mmmm, these plants...I assume they were alive?" He gestured at the culinary herbs along the sill.

"Yes and no, Mundi is more intelligent than a regular dog and can understand human speech, but he understand it from a point of view of a dog...you are used to dealing with Umbrood yes? Think of him like that, he is quite intelligent but he is also fundamentally a dog, that is his nature."Darrian scratched his short, messy hair."I guess that explanation did not make much sense, he understand but he is still a dog and will process that information and react to it as a dog..."

"I believe I get the main idea, as yes I have worked with various Umbrood though sometimes it is challenging to translate concepts," he said with a nod. "At any rate if I cannot find anyone suitable, we might have to use the backyard for now until things calm I know he probably wants to patrol his turf but it truly is not safe out there, they might try to pick us off." With that he checked to see how he felt his current rote was going and if he thought it was going to fade soon.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:02 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "You suggest that, and perhaps even Master Nassa will look at you with gratitude..."

"Well now that would be the day."
Jeffry said with a small smile.

He grinned, "Clearly, you're not familiar with the outright insanity of purebreed cats these days..."

The old Hermetic raised an eyebrow.
"No...I can not say that I am no."

He nodded, "Good man."

Sylvester just gave you a solemn nod.

He nodded slowly, "At least the renegade Technocrat cyborg we found to help us could see her as a child in danger, rather than a philosophical enemy... A good man; I hope he can stay clear of the Union for a long time to come..."

"A what? You got a former Technocrat to help you save Liv? How in the world did you manage that?"
Ulv said his eyes wide.
"Well if he helped my daughter I wish him well even if he was once an enemy."

He shook his head, "Sorry, that was a low blow, and completely uncalled for."

The Hagalaz mage just grunted at that.

He nodded, "Sentence has not been passed yet... Your chances are slim, but they are not nonexistent. Let's hope for the best, and work toward that, shall we?"

"Agreed, though I am not getting my hopes up to much there are quite a few major Protocols I have broken."
Ulv said and sigh.
"But yes let us hope for the best. I am surprised you would help me though Orphan..."

He nodded thoughtfully, "I've had a few visions of the future - actually, more like visits to future points in my life - and in some twenty years, Liv will be a Janissary, forced to check in with the Security Office on Horizon due to the troubles with her House... I think whatever rot there is will not be enough to tear the entire House down, but there's going to be some upheaval... I think Liv will be fine, but I've got a friend who I might be able to ask to keep an eye on her, just in case."

"Future visions? And you are sure they are real Wainwright? And Liv is fine, and healthy?"
Ulv asked then he nodded.
"What friend is it that you say can keep an eye on her? In either case I...am willing to tell the boss what I know, whatever little that is."

He nodded, "From Liv's descriptions, he seems a wise and decent man; it does seem unlikely he'd be knowingly getting himself caught up in something so dangerous..."

"Yes Liv adore her Mentor, it is enough to make a man jealous but I guess it is the way it should be, a teacher do take over much of the parent role for their students. Hopefully he will not get himself in trouble and get her into hot water as well."
The rune mage said sounding worried.

Adley:

"I see...that lends credence, yes I do think it was a malignant spirit trying to get inside, probably the same one already noted. Our wards are strong, however that does not mean nothing can ever get in, unfortunately. The Nephandi will try any tactic they can to gain an advantage..." He shook his head. "I think you and the Chief should talk, and do not go out alone. I know you are a Master magus, sir and I mean no disrespect, of course."

"Hum...I see I will speak with your Mentor then, yes the Nephandi will certainly not give up any chance to harm us after this Chantry have done so much to stand in their way."
Darrian said and frowned then he gave you a small smile.
"I have been a Master for all of two months Mr Roth Hicks, and in either case such a rank do not make one impervious to attacks there is no need for apology I will try to heed your warning if I can, but Mundi do need his walks."

"Mmmm, these plants...I assume they were alive?" He gestured at the culinary herbs along the sill.

"Oh my, I had not noticed them...yes they where I used them to cook my dinner this evening..."
The alchemist said and walked over to his window and looked at his dead, decaying plants.
"Gah malignant spirit indeed..."

"I believe I get the main idea, as yes I have worked with various Umbrood though sometimes it is challenging to translate concepts," he said with a nod.

"Yes spirits have their own ways and it is not always easy to get them to understand ours."
Darrian agreed and nodded.

"At any rate if I cannot find anyone suitable, we might have to use the backyard for now until things calm I know he probably wants to patrol his turf but it truly is not safe out there, they might try to pick us off."

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks and thank you, safety first...Master Morgan would be devastated if something happened to you and I would be devastated if something happened to Mundi."
The Solificato said and returned to pat his large dog on the head.
"Now you be a good boy and do what Mr Roth Hicks says."
He told the familiar. Mundi just looked up at him and wagged his tail.

With that he checked to see how he felt his current rote was going and if he thought it was going to fade soon.

It was fading there was only slight hints of the magick left and your ability to see spirits and energies around you was slowly fading until it was cast again.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I fell asleep early on the sofa last night.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:26 am

"No...I can not say that I am no."
Colin grinned and shook his head, "Suffice to say, I've seen some of the edge of it, so to speak - apparently, some of those lineages have extremely complicated naming protocols. And those names can get quite... peculiar, as well."

"A what? You got a former Technocrat to help you save Liv? How in the world did you manage that?"
Ulv said his eyes wide.
"Well if he helped my daughter I wish him well even if he was once an enemy."
He grinned, "Luck, and a reminder from the future about how well it worked, mostly. An old friend will tell me in twenty years - now I just have to tell him the story, so he can remind me... It might seem insane, but it works, and apparently by my own doing at some future point."

"But yes let us hope for the best. I am surprised you would help me though Orphan..."
He shook his head, "Oh, don't get me wrong - you are still a difficult man to like, and you've done nothing to endear you to me; this is all for your daughter's sake. I guess I'm a big softie at heart. For now... I'd appreciate if you just called me Mr. Wainwright rather than Orphan, though."

"Future visions? And you are sure they are real Wainwright? And Liv is fine, and healthy?"
He nodded, "Not only am I convinced they are real, but Master Steelhaven is so convinced they are real, he is approving an early advancement for me - Adept of Time. And yes, from the statement in the vision, she was well enough to be amply frustrated by bureaucracy."

"What friend is it that you say can keep an eye on her? In either case I...am willing to tell the boss what I know, whatever little that is."
He scratched his head, "Well, now, that's a bit complicated, really... you're probably not going t obelieve me, but... remember the Technocrat Barabbus we brought in a few days? Him. We'll just have to see him get out of this alive first..."

"Yes Liv adore her Mentor, it is enough to make a man jealous but I guess it is the way it should be, a teacher do take over much of the parent role for their students. Hopefully he will not get himself in trouble and get her into hot water as well."
He nodded, "It would perhaps have been easier, had you lived closer to Master Boz, hmm?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 am

Colin grinned and shook his head, "Suffice to say, I've seen some of the edge of it, so to speak - apparently, some of those lineages have extremely complicated naming protocols. And those names can get quite... peculiar, as well."

"So Blackie or Felix will not do then Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well I guess keeping track of lineages is important, I will keep it in mind if I ever get the idea in my head to buy a pure bread cat."

He grinned, "Luck, and a reminder from the future about how well it worked, mostly. An old friend will tell me in twenty years - now I just have to tell him the story, so he can remind me... It might seem insane, but it works, and apparently by my own doing at some future point."

"I am a member of the Cult of Ecstasy even if the Hagalaz are a bit of a separate sect I have still heard quite a few such tales of time not being exactly linear before."
Ulv said and shrugged.
"Well as long as it works."

He shook his head, "Oh, don't get me wrong - you are still a difficult man to like, and you've done nothing to endear you to me; this is all for your daughter's sake. I guess I'm a big softie at heart. For now... I'd appreciate if you just called me Mr. Wainwright rather than Orphan, though."

The Cultist let out a snort then he shrugged.
"Well I guess with what you have done for Liv you have earned that much at least Orp...Mr Wainwright."
He grumbled.

He nodded, "Not only am I convinced they are real, but Master Steelhaven is so convinced they are real, he is approving an early advancement for me - Adept of Time. And yes, from the statement in the vision, she was well enough to be amply frustrated by bureaucracy."

"Well fuck me, and Adept, hell you will be outranking me Wainwright."
Ulv exclaimed and he did not seam pleased at the prospect.
"Yeah bureaucracy are bullshit, but that Liv was ok do fill me with hope for her."

He scratched his head, "Well, now, that's a bit complicated, really... you're probably not going t obelieve me, but... remember the Technocrat Barabbus we brought in a few days? Him. We'll just have to see him get out of this alive first..."

"What the actual fuck, you want a Nephandus to watch over my daughter and a Crat at that, have you lost your mind Wainwright?"
The Cultist said.
"And besides he will be toast as soon as the Council of Nine sit in judgment over him, I doubt he will be able to watch over anyone after they are done with him."

He nodded, "It would perhaps have been easier, had you lived closer to Master Boz, hmm?"

"Yeah that would have made things easier but sometimes you have to take up residence in whatever Chantry will take you."
Ulv grunted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:11 am

"Well I guess keeping track of lineages is important, I will keep it in mind if I ever get the idea in my head to buy a pure bread cat."
Colin shrugged, "Seems there's a lot of inbreeding there, though - you'd probably be better off with a more common mix."

"Well as long as it works."
He nodded, "As long as it works, indeed."

"Well I guess with what you have done for Liv you have earned that much at least Orp...Mr Wainwright."
"Thank you."

"Well fuck me, and Adept, hell you will be outranking me Wainwright."
"Indeed; not precisely the scenario I had expected when I got out of bed this morning... But then, a lot of unexpected things have happened today..."

"What the actual fuck, you want a Nephandus to watch over my daughter and a Crat at that, have you lost your mind Wainwright?"
The Cultist said.
"And besides he will be toast as soon as the Council of Nine sit in judgment over him, I doubt he will be able to watch over anyone after they are done with him."
He shook his head, "I know how it sounds, but... he's the one who told me about the cyborg, twenty years from now. If not for him, I might not be sitting here to deliver the good news. He's not an entirely lost cause - he's still a good kid, even if he's made a horrible mistake, and he's not yet conditioned by the Nephandi."

"Yeah that would have made things easier but sometimes you have to take up residence in whatever Chantry will take you."
He arched an eyebrow, "Difficulties finding someone to take you in?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:16 am

Colin shrugged, "Seems there's a lot of inbreeding there, though - you'd probably be better off with a more common mix."

"If I where to get a cat I would go to a shelter and find a kitten with no one to take care of it, I do not need a fancy pure bred cat."
Jeffry commented.
"But now is not the time to discuss cats."

He nodded, "As long as it works, indeed."

Ulv nodded at that.

"Indeed; not precisely the scenario I had expected when I got out of bed this morning... But then, a lot of unexpected things have happened today..."

"Yeah well I did not expect to spend the night tied up in the basement when the day started."
The Cultist muttered sourly.
"Adept eh...that means you can take apprentices...just what we need more baby Orphans..."

He shook his head, "I know how it sounds, but... he's the one who told me about the cyborg, twenty years from now. If not for him, I might not be sitting here to deliver the good news. He's not an entirely lost cause - he's still a good kid, even if he's made a horrible mistake, and he's not yet conditioned by the Nephandi."

"Yeah well color me skeptical most Nephandi I have met have been bastards of the worst sort, but I guess that if he survive some years down the line then the Council have seen something good in him, damned Nephandi though, I am not so sure I want him anywhere near Liv."
Ulv grumbled.

He arched an eyebrow, "Difficulties finding someone to take you in?"

"Yeah well not that it is any of your business but when Liv moved to her Mentor's Chantry I tried to get taken in by a Chantry in Turkey but none of the ones I sent letters to would take me in no, fuck them all, and fuck all of Turkey while you are at it!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:14 am

"Yeah well I did not expect to spend the night tied up in the basement when the day started."
The Cultist muttered sourly.
"Adept eh...that means you can take apprentices...just what we need more baby Orphans..."
Colin grinned, "Don't knock it until you've tried it. Seems Orphans can come up with some pretty brilliant surprises the more entrenched Traditions might not consider. Besides... perhaps the Traditions truly need a neutral presence, an idealist group not affiliated with any one Tradition more than the others..."

"Yeah well color me skeptical most Nephandi I have met have been bastards of the worst sort, but I guess that if he survive some years down the line then the Council have seen something good in him, damned Nephandi though, I am not so sure I want him anywhere near Liv."
He nodded, "I trust you've heard the opera enthusiast in the laundry room? But yes, most Nephandi I've met have been the worst sort... however, have you heard the saying that you don't need to find a thousand white ravens to prove that not all ravens are black, you just have to find one? Well, I've found two... Not widderslainte, but actual Nephandi, by definition of ones who have gone through the Caul in this incarnation. And then there's the... grey one... But I digress; if we're lucky, you can get your own measure of the kid - see if you might be able to trust him further than miss Alexander can throw him without magic..."

"Yeah well not that it is any of your business but when Liv moved to her Mentor's Chantry I tried to get taken in by a Chantry in Turkey but none of the ones I sent letters to would take me in no, fuck them all, and fuck all of Turkey while you are at it!"
"Not a big fan of the Presidential Pardon each Thanksgiving, then, I take it? No matter; you're right, it's not my business, I was merely curious. I suppose you could call it a character flaw, if you like."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Colin grinned, "Don't knock it until you've tried it. Seems Orphans can come up with some pretty brilliant surprises the more entrenched Traditions might not consider. Besides... perhaps the Traditions truly need a neutral presence, an idealist group not affiliated with any one Tradition more than the others..."

"Yeah no, get yourself some proper schooling then we can talk."
Ulv grumbled.
"That is the last thing we need, more bloody Orphans, a whole group of them even, as if the Hollow Ones was not bad enough."

He nodded, "I trust you've heard the opera enthusiast in the laundry room?

"Yeah I have heard him, if I had not been tied down I would have been tempted to rip out my own eardrums what about him."
Ulv grunted.
"You know I could sue listening to that bastard can probably be seen as cruel and unusual punishment. He have shut up now through perhaps he have finally gone to sleep so the rest of us can get some rest."

But yes, most Nephandi I've met have been the worst sort... however, have you heard the saying that you don't need to find a thousand white ravens to prove that not all ravens are black, you just have to find one? Well, I've found two... Not widderslainte, but actual Nephandi, by definition of ones who have gone through the Caul in this incarnation. And then there's the... grey one... But I digress; if we're lucky, you can get your own measure of the kid - see if you might be able to trust him further than miss Alexander can throw him without magic..."

"Yeah well perhaps, I guess not all of them are directly evil but it will take allot to convince me to let a Nephandus watch over Liv, though chances are I am not going to get much of a choice in the matter...how where you planning on getting that kid to survive Horizon though?"
The Cultist asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Ah yes...Miss Alexander I...am sorry about what I did to her, she have always been decent to me..."
He muttered and looked away.
"Are she okey?"

"Not a big fan of the Presidential Pardon each Thanksgiving, then, I take it?

Ulv looked at you for a few moments and blinked a couple of times before he got it but then he grinned.
"No fuck it, kill it and eat it those feathery assholes are delicious, if the bloody president want to pardon someone he should not make some mockery of it and rather just pick some poor man on death row, many of which are there for crimes they have not committed."
He said.

No matter; you're right, it's not my business, I was merely curious. I suppose you could call it a character flaw, if you like."

"There are allot of Hermetics and Choristers in Turkey apparently I was not polite enough, and some remember the time when some of the ancestors of my sub Tradition kept the Order out of Scandinavia so well that is that, so fuck those two Traditions as well."
Ulv declared, he seamed to share the same favorite word with Diego.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:13 pm

"Yeah no, get yourself some proper schooling then we can talk."
Ulv grumbled.
"That is the last thing we need, more bloody Orphans, a whole group of them even, as if the Hollow Ones was not bad enough."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, you could always ask Chief Morgan about how one can drain qlippothic quintessence from a ball of abysmal flame without getting one's Avatar exposed to Jhor..."

"Yeah I have heard him, if I had not been tied down I would have been tempted to rip out my own eardrums what about him."
Ulv grunted.
"You know I could sue listening to that bastard can probably be seen as cruel and unusual punishment. He have shut up now through perhaps he have finally gone to sleep so the rest of us can get some rest."
He grinned, "Indeed, it seems as though he's terrified we'll let an annoyed Marauder into his cell. Can't imagine where he got that idea."

"Yeah well perhaps, I guess not all of them are directly evil but it will take allot to convince me to let a Nephandus watch over Liv, though chances are I am not going to get much of a choice in the matter...how where you planning on getting that kid to survive Horizon though?"
"That's a complicated matter, but in short, he just might get a chance to prove his valor... and amidst all the merciless executions and flayings, that just might be enough to save him..."

"Are she okey?"
"No... not really. But that, at least, is not your fault; she'll recover fairly shortly, I expect."

"No fuck it, kill it and eat it those feathery assholes are delicious, if the bloody president want to pardon someone he should not make some mockery of it and rather just pick some poor man on death row, many of which are there for crimes they have not committed."
He smiled, "That would actually make for a far better gesture than a couple of birds, yes..."

"There are allot of Hermetics and Choristers in Turkey apparently I was not polite enough, and some remember the time when some of the ancestors of my sub Tradition kept the Order out of Scandinavia so well that is that, so fuck those two Traditions as well."
He sighed, "Well, that being as it may, you might wish to consider adjusting your vocabulary for a while. Right now, you're only marginally more verbose than the wretched singer in the laundry room; while I won't dispute the cathartic effect of a well pronounced fuck, it would probably be counterproductive until well after your trial. Just as a small piece of general advice."
He frowned, "Another old grudge that needs to be smoothed over, I suppose... Well, one thing at a time..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Yes, master. There are people from the traditions that were forced through the cauls so other wouldn't be tortured. I feel like this people are still not completely through all the changes of the Cauls, and i belive there is something that can be done for them. We can't abandon them, it's our responsability to look after them: they wouldn't have been in this situation if it wasn't because we couldn't protect them or the people they care about.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:02 pm

"I have been a Master for all of two months Mr Roth Hicks, and in either case such a rank do not make one impervious to attacks there is no need for apology I will try to heed your warning if I can, but Mundi do need his walks."

"Sure, but I would hazard he needs you and somewhere to walk as well...it is a battleground out there always, something harshly reminded me of that earlier this week an ever since but right now the chantry itself is seeing enemies at the gates. One wouldn't walk their friend through a minefield unless there was a sharp need. And just like well buried mines, spirits and other enemies too hide in the ordinary..." He shook his head

"Oh my, I had not noticed them...yes they where I used them to cook my dinner this evening..." The alchemist said and walked over to his window and looked at his dead, decaying plants. "Gah malignant spirit indeed..."

"Very well, I'm going to say it's likely that a particular bad spirit was outside, hopefully that is the last we've seen of it," he said with a frown. He gave a gesture to the alchemist as if to say 'excuse me a moment,' and cast the same rote as he had before, then gave a renewed glance around for signs of the spirit's resonance.

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks and thank you, safety first...Master Morgan would be devastated if something happened to you and I would be devastated if something happened to Mundi." The Solificato said and returned to pat his large dog on the head. "Now you be a good boy and do what Mr Roth Hicks says." He told the familiar. Mundi just looked up at him and wagged his tail.

"Safety first," he agreed. He punched in a note to Colin and kept it open so it would be easy to send, just in case. Then he checked his weapons to see if everything was in working order - after all, if the plants had withered he didn't want his weapons to have met a similar fate, not when he needed them. "Let's see if we can find someone in the kitchen hrm, Mundi?" he said, taking the lead. "Do you mind if I pet him or touch him?" he asked as he was about to head out.

// 3,5,8 to refresh the prime/spirit rote
//Sorry for slowness, been busy, holiday stuffs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:05 pm

Tane:

Yes, master. There are people from the traditions that were forced through the cauls so other wouldn't be tortured. I feel like this people are still not completely through all the changes of the Cauls, and i belive there is something that can be done for them.

"There are some tragic fates yes, that is the cruelty of the Nephandi for many of their members was coerced into trading the path of corruption, or they damned themselves under the best of intentions, not all Nephandi are mean or evil, but they all serve the forces of decay. I understand what you are saying Mr Karyak and you are not the first who have desired to save a Fallen mage, but none have so far succeeded, and in trying you might end up damning yourself as well, for their path can be a tempting one and you do not always know that you are about to fall before the ground give way under your feet."
George said softly.

We can't abandon them, it's our responsability to look after them: they wouldn't have been in this situation if it wasn't because we couldn't protect them or the people they care about.

The old Guernicus looked sad and he sigh.
"We can not help them Mr Karyak, not unless a method to turn them back from their inversion. Now I think showing mercy to those widderslainte that have their destructive impulses under control are a good thing, even if we then have to deal with them in their next life, they are innocent but a full blown Nephadus...there are reasons why the laws are what they are young man."

Colin:

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, you could always ask Chief Morgan about how one can drain qlippothic quintessence from a ball of abysmal flame without getting one's Avatar exposed to Jhor...

"Is that even possible? I mean fuck it working with destructive traps you can end up attracting some of that shit, not as badly as the Euthanatos but still, draining quintessence means drawing it into yourself right? And what do this have to do with your schooling Wainwright?"

He grinned, "Indeed, it seems as though he's terrified we'll let an annoyed Marauder into his cell. Can't imagine where he got that idea."

"Yeah well I don't blame him I would be terrified of that as well."
Ulv said and raised an eyebrow.
"No I can not imagine how he got that idea, not at all..."
He said and grinned.

"That's a complicated matter, but in short, he just might get a chance to prove his valor... and amidst all the merciless executions and flayings, that just might be enough to save him..."

"I see, well that is the reason I am not pissing myself right now. I know my crimes could give...that...as a punishment but in the middle of a bloody Nephandi uprising Horizon will get it's fill of Gilgul rather fast and not want to see a Traditionalist soul destroyed...or at least i fucking hope so...man she will be so pissed at me if I get her killed."
The Hagalaz muttered.

"No... not really. But that, at least, is not your fault; she'll recover fairly shortly, I expect."

"Good, I hope she do recover, old man Nassa will be as angry as a wasp dipped in Tabasco if something happens to his prize apprentice and you do not want to get the fucking Verbena angry, we work with them now and again with rune magic and shit and hell just do not get them mad."

He smiled, "That would actually make for a far better gesture than a couple of birds, yes..."

"Yeah find some poor sod that had a defense not worth shit and set him free and eat the fucking birds, better for everyone, well except for the birds that is."

He sighed, "Well, that being as it may, you might wish to consider adjusting your vocabulary for a while. Right now, you're only marginally more verbose than the wretched singer in the laundry room; while I won't dispute the cathartic effect of a well pronounced fuck, it would probably be counterproductive until well after your trial. Just as a small piece of general advice."

"Yeah well I will try not to piss of the mother fucking Council of Nine...they will be the bloody judges will they not since my crimes can give...well erhm...well yeah I will try not to piss them off to much...now I might not have the sweetest language in the world Wainwright but at least I do not sing in that cat murdering screeching bullshit the Fallen call a language."
Ulv grudgingly agreed.

He frowned, "Another old grudge that needs to be smoothed over, I suppose... Well, one thing at a time..."

"Well we are mages if it is one thing we do well it is hating one another's guts."
The rune mage said and shrugged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Adley:

"Sure, but I would hazard he needs you and somewhere to walk as well...it is a battleground out there always, something harshly reminded me of that earlier this week an ever since but right now the chantry itself is seeing enemies at the gates. One wouldn't walk their friend through a minefield unless there was a sharp need. And just like well buried mines, spirits and other enemies too hide in the ordinary..." He shook his head

"Yeah Mundi and I need one another."
Darrian said then he sigh and looked out the window.
"Right now we are in the middle of a crisis Mr Roth Hicks and so taking extra caution makes sense, but in everyday life, I know there are always dangers, we are in a war, but I will not be a prisoner in my own home because I fear the Technocracy and the Nephandi, once this crisis is over I will continue to take Mundi for his walks, I will rather live with the risk that I might be attacked and killed than sit in here not daring to go out while being safe, if I let fear rule my life I am dead already, but off course one have to take precautions, but I refuse to live in fear."
The alchemist said in a serious tone of voice.

"Very well, I'm going to say it's likely that a particular bad spirit was outside, hopefully that is the last we've seen of it," he said with a frown. He gave a gesture to the alchemist as if to say 'excuse me a moment,' and cast the same rote as he had before, then gave a renewed glance around for signs of the spirit's resonance.

Darrian nodded and was silent as you worked, as you gave your commands reality obeyed and you saw what lay underneath and to the side of physical reality again and your vision moved from Malkhut to Yeshod. You saw weak residue from the same spirit, it had probably tried to get in here as well but had failed, the ward had been chewed on for a lack of a better term but it was holding, there was nothing of that spirit in the alchemist's apartment at the moment though. You saw magick swirling around one of the cabinets in the master's kitchen, that was probably where he kept his materials, Mundi looked more elegant and more noble than he did when you looked at him with regular eyes, as if he was a manifestation of a loyal companion, a small earth elemental that looked like a little rock with legs lay sleeping on the living room table, it was inside of the wards so it was probably one of the spirits that served the alchemist who's apartment you where examining, other than that there was hints of magick here and there and off course Darrian himself glowed, all of which was normal and expected to find in a mage's home.

"Safety first," he agreed. He punched in a note to Colin and kept it open so it would be easy to send, just in case. Then he checked his weapons to see if everything was in working order - after all, if the plants had withered he didn't want his weapons to have met a similar fate, not when he needed them. "Let's see if we can find someone in the kitchen hrm, Mundi?" he said, taking the lead. "Do you mind if I pet him or touch him?" he asked as he was about to head out.

Your weapons seamed to be in working order. Mundi looked at you and wagged his tail enthusiastically now that he understood that he might be getting that walk after all.
"No not at all, Mundi like being petted, he is quite sociable."
Darrian said and smiled fondly as he looked over at the large dog.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:01 pm

"Is that even possible? I mean fuck it working with destructive traps you can end up attracting some of that shit, not as badly as the Euthanatos but still, draining quintessence means drawing it into yourself right? And what do this have to do with your schooling Wainwright?"
Colin smirked, "Actually, it has everything to do with my schooling, as such - I figured out how to make an effective proxy all on my own... It drastically reduces the risks of heavily resonated Quintessence, even in Tass form... but it has to be fueled into a spell right away; no saving it for later."

"I see, well that is the reason I am not pissing myself right now. I know my crimes could give...that...as a punishment but in the middle of a bloody Nephandi uprising Horizon will get it's fill of Gilgul rather fast and not want to see a Traditionalist soul destroyed...or at least i fucking hope so...man she will be so pissed at me if I get her killed."
He nodded, "Well... if it helps, my understanding of your case is that thanks to your... not actually succeeding at much of anything, your betrayal stands in a lot less disfavourable light than had you succeeded in harming anyone... As I understood Chief Morgan and Master Nassa, the most likely sentence for you would be execution. We... just might be able to negotiate our way a little further down than that, but I can't be too optimistic."

"Good, I hope she do recover, old man Nassa will be as angry as a wasp dipped in Tabasco if something happens to his prize apprentice and you do not want to get the fucking Verbena angry, we work with them now and again with rune magic and shit and hell just do not get them mad."
"Indeed. I've been on the internet long enough to guess what they can do with the potted plants in your window..."

"Yeah well I will try not to piss of the mother fucking Council of Nine...they will be the bloody judges will they not since my crimes can give...well erhm...well yeah I will try not to piss them off to much...now I might not have the sweetest language in the world Wainwright but at least I do not sing in that cat murdering screeching bullshit the Fallen call a language."
"A sincere display of penitence will probably be a lot more beneficial than defiance, you know... And yes, at least you do not sing in that cat-in-a-blender language..."

"Well we are mages if it is one thing we do well it is hating one another's guts."
"You're thinking of humans. Mages are good at doing the impossible. Subtle distinction, but possibly crucial."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:13 pm

Colin smirked, "Actually, it has everything to do with my schooling, as such - I figured out how to make an effective proxy all on my own... It drastically reduces the risks of heavily resonated Quintessence, even in Tass form... but it has to be fueled into a spell right away; no saving it for later."

"You made a rote like that? But...you are just a bloody Orphan!"
Ulv said sounding disbelieving.
"And it actually works?"

He nodded, "Well... if it helps, my understanding of your case is that thanks to your... not actually succeeding at much of anything, your betrayal stands in a lot less disfavourable light than had you succeeded in harming anyone... As I understood Chief Morgan and Master Nassa, the most likely sentence for you would be execution. We... just might be able to negotiate our way a little further down than that, but I can't be too optimistic."

"Yeah I sort of bungled that shit."
The Cultist admitted hesitantly.
"And now that Liv is safe that is probably a good thing, I mean I can live with an execution...well ehm no but you get my point, that is better than...other things that can come from cooperating with the fucking Nephandi...though if the sentence can be brought down further I will take it I am in now hurry to move on to my next life."

"Indeed. I've been on the internet long enough to guess what they can do with the potted plants in your window..."

"Yeah there is that but also every fucking one of them that I have seen carry knives on their person and they are not afraid to use them...bloody witches."

"A sincere display of penitence will probably be a lot more beneficial than defiance, you know... And yes, at least you do not sing in that cat-in-a-blender language..."

"I don't do bowing and scraping so fuck that!"
Ulv grumbled.

"You're thinking of humans. Mages are good at doing the impossible. Subtle distinction, but possibly crucial."

"Yeah we can do the impossible, but we prefer to hate one another, hate for everyone fucking marvelous!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:21 pm

"You made a rote like that? But...you are just a bloody Orphan!"
Ulv said sounding disbelieving.
"And it actually works?"
Colin nodded, "Not only that, I'm having it taught freely throughout the Traditions - its potential to clear up heavily resonated quintessence without greatly affecting the cleanup crew is too valuable for me to keep it a secret. Hell, another truckload of qlippothic Tass like the one confiscated from the Fallen, well..."

"Yeah I sort of bungled that shit."
The Cultist admitted hesitantly.
"And now that Liv is safe that is probably a good thing, I mean I can live with an execution...well ehm no but you get my point, that is better than...other things that can come from cooperating with the fucking Nephandi...though if the sentence can be brought down further I will take it I am in now hurry to move on to my next life."
He nodded, "We'll do what we can."

"Yeah there is that but also every fucking one of them that I have seen carry knives on their person and they are not afraid to use them...bloody witches."
He grimaced, "I'll take sudden evisceration by an expert with the knife over the pain and indignity of assault by a horticulture any day, really... Most likely quicker and less painful, for starters."

"I don't do bowing and scraping so fuck that!"
"Hm, you don't necessarily have to bow and scrape to show regret... In fact, if you were to suddenly start acting like that, they probably wouldn't buy it for a second."

"Yeah we can do the impossible, but we prefer to hate one another, hate for everyone fucking marvelous!"
He sighed, "All too often, we do both... very well in combination, and with little good reason, except we've been taught that 'the others' are different, and therefore evil... It's so rare to see someone rise out of the quagmire of old, inherited prejudices..."

He shook his head, "No matter. I've brought you the good news... now I have a couple of Labyrinths to bring to a sudden but inevitable end. Sleep well, Liv will probably be by to see you in the morning."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Colin nodded, "Not only that, I'm having it taught freely throughout the Traditions - its potential to clear up heavily resonated quintessence without greatly affecting the cleanup crew is too valuable for me to keep it a secret. Hell, another truckload of qlippothic Tass like the one confiscated from the Fallen, well..."

"Damn...well I can see how such a rote would be quite useful, fuck it is not something I would mind learning myself...though I am skeptical about something made by an Orphan, you have to education in magick after all."
Ulv said to proud to say he was interested in your rote without adding at least one jab in there.

He nodded, "We'll do what we can."

"Hum..well yeah...ehm...thank you."
The Cultist said and grimaced as if offering you gratitude physically hurt him.

He grimaced, "I'll take sudden evisceration by an expert with the knife over the pain and indignity of assault by a horticulture any day, really... Most likely quicker and less painful, for starters."

"Yeah I guess, you would not want to be literary fucked up by an animated cactus now would you, that would not be a good way to die."
The Hagalaz runemage said and grimaced again.
"So ehm, do not make the bloody Verbena pissed of."

"Hm, you don't necessarily have to bow and scrape to show regret... In fact, if you were to suddenly start acting like that, they probably wouldn't buy it for a second."

"Yeah we are going to have to see...I do regret it I do, though I would sell every one of you fuckers out if it meant keeping Liv safe."
He declared proudly.

He sighed, "All too often, we do both... very well in combination, and with little good reason, except we've been taught that 'the others' are different, and therefore evil... It's so rare to see someone rise out of the quagmire of old, inherited prejudices..."

"Was that a ever so cleverly hidden jab at my opinion of Orphans Wainwright?"
Ulv asked and raised an eyebrow.
"For if so fuck you, and you know what just for good measure fuck you anyway."
He muttered.

He shook his head, "No matter. I've brought you the good news... now I have a couple of Labyrinths to bring to a sudden but inevitable end. Sleep well, Liv will probably be by to see you in the morning."

"I ehm...appreciate you telling me that Liv is safe Wainwright I...ehm you might not be a total douche..."
He said and grimaced.
"Well sleep and sleep, have you ever tried to sleep while tied to some fucking old appliances in a bloody basement cut of from your magick? Though I guess I can try as long as Pavarotti von Cattorture down the hall do not start up his serenading again, you know him you can introduce to the bloody animated cactuses...cacti or whatever the plural of those fucking plants are!"
Ulv declared sounding frustrated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:12 pm

"Damn...well I can see how such a rote would be quite useful, fuck it is not something I would mind learning myself...though I am skeptical about something made by an Orphan, you have to education in magick after all."
Colin grinned, replying in kind, "Tell you what, you just try to come out of this with your head still attached to your shoulders, and we'll see if we can't teach you some real magic... We can work out the fee for instruction later, when we see what you have left."

"Yeah I guess, you would not want to be literary fucked up by an animated cactus now would you, that would not be a good way to die."
The Hagalaz runemage said and grimaced again.
"So ehm, do not make the bloody Verbena pissed of."
He nodded with a grimace, "Bad way to die. Worse way to live."

"Yeah we are going to have to see...I do regret it I do, though I would sell every one of you fuckers out if it meant keeping Liv safe."
"Well, I can hardly fault you for your fatherly affection, even if your judgment in this was poor - while you should have come to the Deacon Council as soon as you got word, I can't really say for certain that anyone else in the Chantry would have acted differently in your position... I'd like to think we all would, but, well..."

"Was that a ever so cleverly hidden jab at my opinion of Orphans Wainwright?"
Ulv asked and raised an eyebrow.
"For if so fuck you, and you know what just for good measure fuck you anyway."
He shook his head, "Actually I was thinking more of the Choristers and Hermetics regarding the Hagalaz, the Diedne regarding the Flambeau, the Traditions as a whole regarding the Solificati, and so on... There's a lot of bad blood, and much as the Traditions might like to think themselves a bastion against the Technocracy and the Nephandi, it's more like a poorly maintained old palisade with numerous highly experienced, grizzled veterans defending it..."

"I ehm...appreciate you telling me that Liv is safe Wainwright I...ehm you might not be a total douche..."
He grinned, "I'll take that as enthusiastic endorsement... and you are quite welcome."

"Well sleep and sleep, have you ever tried to sleep while tied to some fucking old appliances in a bloody basement cut of from your magick? Though I guess I can try as long as Pavarotti von Cattorture down the hall do not start up his serenading again, you know him you can introduce to the bloody animated cactuses...cacti or whatever the plural of those fucking plants are!"
He shrugged, "RAF veteran from Desert Storm, remember? I have slept in far worse places, while in constant fear of enemy attack or the bloody US Army pointing their artillery in the wrong direction... and I've had my magic suppressed, albeit by willingly entering a dampening cell to interrogate a prisoner. That was actually far less unpleasant than I'd expected. You would be amazed at how well you can sleep when you have to, really. As for Diego... I wouldn't introduce him to such affectionate flora - being the worst wretch of a Nephandus I've had the distinct experience of encountering, I suspect he'd enjoy it too much."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:02 am

"Right now we are in the middle of a crisis Mr Roth Hicks and so taking extra caution makes sense, but in everyday life, I know there are always dangers, we are in a war, but I will not be a prisoner in my own home because I fear the Technocracy and the Nephandi, once this crisis is over I will continue to take Mundi for his walks, I will rather live with the risk that I might be attacked and killed than sit in here not daring to go out while being safe, if I let fear rule my life I am dead already, but off course one have to take precautions, but I refuse to live in fear.

"Of course...and I wouldn't ask you to do that. That's just a different way for them to win, really isn't it? But as you said this is a crises. Maybe I am being a bit over cautious but I do like good dogs and good spirits," he said, adding a grin. But the smile faded quick as it came and was replaced by a look of hyper vigilance.

He wasn't trying to intrude on the Master's area or self but see if the wards had been chewed on and indeed they were. He made a discontented sound as he noted it. "Looks like there's a bit of fraying to note but it didn't get inside," he said to the Master. It looked like more work for Harry and friends...and indeed now he was wondering if all the windows were like that...subtle small cracks.

Your weapons seamed to be in working order. Mundi looked at you and wagged his tail enthusiastically now that he understood that he might be getting that walk after all. "No not at all, Mundi like being petted, he is quite sociable."

"Ah good, just a good habit to check first," he said, looking over the lead and collar and giving the familiar a scratch-pet on the side of his head. Then he gave the Master a nod. "Very well, we'll be back soon," he said, heading out of the apartment.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next