Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 18 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Colin and Adley::

Colin nodded, "Time is perhaps the oddest element in this entire chain of events - or rather, this set of circles."

"Yes well time is much more than we perceive at first glance but yes it certainly do complicate things."

He frowned, "I am... fairly certain the attack will not be an attempt at conquering the stronghold, but rather an assassination attempt or terror attack. The participants are... likely aware that it will be a one way trip... Perhaps it is to attempt to soften the Traditions for something worse later."

"I agree with your assumption for the goal behind such an attack Mr Wainwright what worry me more is that someone is able to get though Horizon's defenses to accomplish it."
Crexia said and frowned.

He pondered, "I would hazard that the stress of that attack may be what convinces Dr. Spence to step down and pass his Seat to the Admiral, actually - she'll be able to prepare better long-range warning and defense systems with, among other things, zeppelin carriers far above Horizon..."

"Well she have more combat experience than Dr Spence."
The old archmage commented.
"What might make the Seat of Matter step down though is hard to say."

He shook his head, "It was more of a rhetorical question - there's usually one or two seeds per scale, I think, and the number of scales to a pine cone depends on the size... The specific number of seeds is not relevant."

She just nodded at that.

He frowned, "That distrust... was mutual, and not all on either side has entirely managed to let it go, it seems..."

"Indeed it is still a point of conflict between the Order of Hermes and the Verbena and both sides have long memories..."
She said and frowned.

He nodded, "That's what I remember they did... She's strong and proud - even manages to stand up on her own after... well, she got up long enough to die standing; it was... clean and swift."

"Master Teomim did the same after...the Spirit Masters where done, they stood using a simple staff for support and stood as they where reduced to ash in the blink of an eye, a dignified death even if the Traditions had done what they could to demean them...I am glad this enemy warrior will manage to claim for herself the same dignity."
Udella said and Crexia nodded.
"That and hopefully it will remove her unborn...child...from the equation."

He nodded, "As sure as I can be about anything medical. He'll likely experience some discomfort from the contrast fluid injection, though, but not so much as to be directly painful..."

"Good and any such discomfort we can numb if he wish...I will let his Mentor know then, perhaps I need not have asked but I find that often I have problems relating to what others might find painful as my own sensations are...somewhat muted..."
Crexia said and sigh.

He nodded, "You've had a long time to know every part of your body - I expect you'll find little difficulty getting your blood pumping in a close enough approximation of a living heartbeat."

"Well as someone who was one Tremere I always prided myself more on my finesse than my raw power...My just raw magickal might while a result of studies and training is also due allot to talent and being born with a powerful Gift...my finesse though is all mine. I do thank you for your confidence though Mr Wainwright..."
Crexia said proudly and smiled.

He nodded, then frowned, "Hum, best perform that test before bringing Allison to have her head scanned, then - if the reaction is violent, testing someone still under the influence of the serum would be... unwise."

"Good point, I will get it done as soon as I end the time bubble, I do not think there will be a violent reaction but we might as well make sure."

He nodded, "A teleporter with atomic precision, able to pluck only living cells out of a volume of space while leaving the Primium bits behind... It would be difficult, I think, but possible."

"Well I do know of one Virtual Adept able to perform such a task."
Crexia said and smiled.
"But of course it would be a difficult task."

He nodded, "Hence why I would recommend Dr. Mossly - she's quite adept at both and will work with him to find and not stomp over his limits..."

"Good I will contact her and ask her if she will take the man on as her patient."
Udella said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "There's a saying, the most wonderful people are the ones who have been broken. I try to live up to that myself, and... she rather is."

"Well you are a good man Mr Wainwright, and from what you tell us about her your Avatar do seam to be quite a character."
Crexia said and Udella patted your arm slightly.

He nodded, "Yes, the names do sound familiar. She suggested I learn Enochian, but was a little more vague on where I could find a teacher..."
He pondered, grinning slyly, "Hum, I suppose I could try to ask Mia; that'd hardly be a violation of Hermetic Law..."

"You are not a Hermetic Mr Wainwright so your actions can not violate Hermetic law, if you get your Avatar to teach you Enochian or a Spirit the law can not punish you for it, the Order might scowl but that is also all we legally can do, we can punish a member of our Order for teacher you but can not stop you for finding a way to learn by yourself."
Udella said and smiled.

He nodded, "MECHA would likely be a safer place to gain more intel on the machine realm and the Computer than a direct assault on the machine realm itself..."
He smiled wryly, "And if we could take the whole place out somehow, that would be a delicious victory, as well..."

"Master Dante tried to do that once and he and his men saved quite a few magi from that horrid place but he was not able to take it down. I do agree it would be a place we might find the information we need or at least what we need to get further...and taking it out...while that would not be an easy task if it could be done yes that would be quite a victory."
Crexia said.
"What she means is that if you manage to come up with a plan to pull that off she will buy you a beer old friend."
Udella said and grinned and Crexia nodded and said wryly.
"I will buy him two."

He nodded, "Agreed - on the other hand, it will help protect her from more needles in the future, as well... poor dear."

"It will...but poor child, I suspect you are going to have to spend some time to get her over that one..."
Udella said sadly.
"I will teach you to make the child a gift that will cheer her up, it will not make things alright off course but it will cheer her up on the less."
Mia said in your head her voice sounding far away.

He frowned, "Indeed - flogging is... appropriate for certain offenses, I suppose, but being reduced to a lab animal is... somewhere past being merely unethical and cruel..."

"The problem is that often flogging is not given where it should but rather it is a way to punish young magi for stepping on the egos of their superiors. As for being sentenced to being a lab rat that is a fairly common punishment among the Sons of Ether for major offenses, and no I do not like it."
Udella said and frowned.

He grinned wryly, "I will gladly make every effort to avoid that."

Crexia nodded at that.

"Pardon, but did you say House Jerbiton? Hrm, I've heard vague rumours that something was happening in that House too...as to what I have no idea, other than what happened to the poor girl we rescued."

"Are you thinking about House Janissary Sodalis, the soldiers of House Guernicus rather than the diplomats of House Jerbiton? For as far as I know young Miss Bergen is the apprentice of Master Boz of House Janissary."
Crexia asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I would have said the same before that it is not pleasant, only I think...there is something to it. That these specific widderslainte are popping up around us, so to speak. I didn't consider that the ship has an avatar it might sense another...hrm..."

"Well there have certainly been an influx of young widderslainte with non corrupted minds."
Crexia said and counted them of on her fingers...your Mentor's new student, Miss Alexander, young Molly have I missed any, born Fallen like that are rare most are little monsters from birth..."
Crexia said and frowned.

"Yes, the avatar specifically requested that Matty be given the choice of what to do...after, which is allowed by law...I discussed it with one of you, though I suppose it seems you could not hear all of the conversation?"

"I could only hear your side of it Sodalis but as I gave my word in the Caul chamber I will keep it, the girl will be given the choice and I will go one further and make sure she is well tended to if she chooses to live, that a Mercere is talked into caring for her to give her the best possible chance at least someone should do right by her even if it is...so woefully little that can be done."
Crexia said and shook her head sadly.

"Yes, I did examine it. I also have...communicated with my avatar about it. It takes the form of Claire, trying to help me understand what to do, what it is for...what it is not for. Such as the...caul, I...at any rate, the Heart's Blood rote came to the Hermetics from the Diedne, either as one of us said, by a captured member during the War or before, when they helped us with spontaneous magic. So, as my amicus says, it isn't a bad fit. The version I know if it is a ritualized one, based on the tree of life. Trees are an important symbol to many magii. It represents children, and rebirth on the physical plane as well as finding and keeping paths...but yes, there are certain hints about which seeds are those that are viable."

"Well trees are important to the Verbena as well. We learned the Heart's Blood rote from captured Diedne and studying them in battle and made our own version, their House helped us develop spontaneous magick but they never shared that secret, you could say it is a spoil of war."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"Hum...perhaps I was wrong, perhaps the pine cone should not be studied by someone other that the two of you, perhaps it will guide you to it's mysteries and while I am quite curious should be left alone by others."

"It's something that needs to be kept discreet. The fewer people that know, the safer it likely will be; I hesitate as we're about to go into another battle but I would tell Colin the story of us, since his avatar does seem involved as part of our...soul family and I will have no better chance to tell him than now. May I borrow your tablet?" he requested to Crexia. He can decide how much he thinks is safe to disclose..."

"I certainly understand that decision Sodalis."
Crexia said and she took a tablet from her belt pouch, this one was made with a slightly darker wood though.
"No need to borrow mine I went and fetched this from my room before I came here I just forgot about it up until now...thank you for reminding me and I do hope you will find it useful."
She said and handed you the wooden handmade tablet and a stylus.
"I will write up the recepie I use for the wax later for when you need to change it."

"Banish it from her?" he speculated. "I don't know, but she should be given high protections against spirit, at least. No wonder she seemed...so confident."

"That was tried, it cause the prisoner great pain and distress but the seed of the infernal child was still there, as it is not yet fully formed it seam to have some protection against simply being banished."
Crexia said and frowned.

"Ah...yes, I have met them, then. I didn't realise...recall when I said that we needed assistance to return a Fallen avatar that was following us? Hrm, so I was talking to an avatar...she did say some strange things, none of them good." He frowned.

"What did she say Sodalis?"
Crexia asked and she raised an eyebrow.

He shook his head, "Not Jerbiton - Janissary. I don't know what the troubles there will turn out to be... but miss Bergen will be forced to check in at the Security Office with an irritating regularity."

Udella frowned at that.
"But House Janissary are the greatest supporters of House Guernicus and the Code."
She protested.
"How can they be involved in any trouble?"

He nodded thoughtfully, "Probably something learned earlier, before the Schism. Hm, I would not be surprised to learn Tremere himself was particularly interested in that Rote..."

"He was quite interested in it indeed, especially given that his Avatar was smaller than that of the other Founders, in retrospect though it might have given him a rather unhealthy fascination with blood."
Crexia said and frowned.

He looked up at Adley, "Master Nassa is the first name to come to mind. And... to be honest, there aren't any others that immediately spring up, as a matter of confidentiality and direct involvement. Sorry, Lady Crexia, but you're a... second tier candidate in this case, no offense intended."

"Non taken Mr Wainwright...non at all I completely understand."
The old archmage said and waved the notion away with her hand.

He smiled thinly, "She's actually terrified, but so very proud... She may be the fiercest, most courageous warrior I have met; I sincerely doubt her confidence was based on any pregnancy... Defiance, on the other hand, seems a far more likely root of that confidence. She'll not give us the satisfaction of seeing her afraid or weak... and I suppose that very thing is what rendered her vulnerable to my gentler approach."

"I agree when our people tried to banish her child, she would scream and trash on the floor and then get back up to stare them in the eyes, the woman is proud and defiant."
Crexia said and nodded.

(OOC Might be a good idea for I find I often then do do not have the time to post, we can go through the same material just parted into several posts as I often find myself unalble to go into details due to time restraints and again I have to come back to the other players.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 18 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Nicole:

"Well the Boston umbral port are in the Pen Umbral representation of the airport so it is pretty much in the middle of town...but it might be that Dry Dock's location was not ideal."
Renee said and nodded.
"Hum...yes Detroit have had some decay that is for sure..."
She muttered and frowned.
"Well ships are easier to sneak around in the Umbra than in fully manifested reality at least."

"Do not worry about it, until Mr Wainwright the man I am hired to teach to operate a ethership returns from Chicago I am free so I might as well show you the way and speak with Master Morgan myself about getting you a place there."
Renee said and stood.
"Do you need anything before we go?"

Serge:

"We may need an expert to comment on that. I'm afraid my knowledge of the Oracle's and even the Nephandi is somewhat limited." Serge admitted.

"Agreed. Well no one knows much about Oracles but the Nephandi that we might need an expert for. I suggjest we contact our security chief and see what he have to say about the topic..."
Cara said and scratched her head.

"Notifying your own Security Chief is probably for the best. The warning came from your chantry and we are allies so I see no reason to hide this information." Serge said.

"Thank you I appreciate it and perhaps the chief will be able to shed some light on this as well."
She said and smiled though she looked rather worried about the whole thing.

"As for Jodie Blake, I could not get much information about her from the prisoner. I know he was recruited by her. She seems to use her charm to attract potential recruits and then talks them into the Nephandi. The prisoner told me that he fell in love with her at a grocery store and eventually listened and agreed to what she said. I believe that was all he was willing to share." Serge said explaining what he had learned from Siege.

"Hum...this Jodi Blake might not be involved at all then, she might just be the recruiter who corrupted your prisoner, she might never have set foot in Boston for all we know."
The Criamon said.

"Have any of your mages skilled in Mind Magick attempted to probe through her mind?" Serge asked.

"That I do not know I am not a part of Chantry security so you would have to ask them."

"Of course the thought of peering into the mind of a powerful Nephandi does not sound pleasant. In fact it sounds outright dangerous. Still, if she is alive then she may hold valuable information within her mind."

"I agree on both counts but I am just someone living here, that you will have to discuss with the Security Chief."

"The goal of this invasion is to retrieve at three items from our chantry. A widderslainte, Lisa Larson's daughter, and a mage skilled in chronomancy. It would be incredibly difficult for one person or even a small team to get all of those items by themselves. Perhaps releasing the prisoners could be a small distraction while they try to retrieve the ritual items."

"It is possible, but it is also just speculation and I am not sure how much chaos a few prisoners can create depending on their number, never the less it might be worth mentioning your theory for Master Morgan who is the security chief of Steelhaven if I do not remember it wrong."
The Criamon said and nodded.

"Notifying the Security Chief is probably for the best. They can probably give us a more informed guess as to what the Nephandi might be planning. I also want to inform Master Morgan of what I've learned here." Serge said with a nod.

"Should I take you to Chief Joakim's office perhaps Mr Yager, he is pretty busy with all that have been going on, but he might want to hear about Meg's drawing and your theories around it."
Cara offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 pm

"Hum...this Jodi Blake might not be involved at all then, she might just be the recruiter who corrupted your prisoner, she might never have set foot in Boston for all we know."
The Criamon said.

"Yeah I'm starting to see that as well." Serge admitted, a little embarrassed that his slip of the tongue caused a bit of confusion.

"It is possible, but it is also just speculation and I am not sure how much chaos a few prisoners can create depending on their number, never the less it might be worth mentioning your theory for Master Morgan who is the security chief of Steelhaven if I do not remember it wrong."
The Criamon said and nodded.

"You're right. When I last saw him he was heading down to check on those prisoner's. I can call him and tell him what I've found and my wild theories." Serge said pulling out his phone.

"Should I take you to Chief Joakim's office perhaps Mr Yager, he is pretty busy with all that have been going on, but he might want to hear about Meg's drawing and your theories around it."
Cara offered.

Serge looked at Meg's drawing with a look of indecision on his face. He wasn't sent here to discuss the incoming trials and tribulation that Steelhaven would face with another Chantry's security chief. But looking back down at both the original drawing and his copy, Serge realized that he had no other ideas as to what the other pieces of the picture could mean.

"I was sent here to get some more insight into the drawing and then return back with our men who are resting here. If it provides us with greater insight into the drawing then I don't see the harm in meeting him. He may be able to explain how or why the Nephandi would betray the oracle's as well as other problems that we are facing. Let's go meet with your security chief." Serge decided.

"We may also need to alert our men who are resting here. They may wonder why a Steelhaven mage that they have never met before is wondering around at Chantry Morningstar." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Anja's Post:

'Explanations like that aren't ever easy. Part of it might be simply down that Detroit simply don't have the pulling power anymore. Back in say the 50's - it was at the top of auto and engine manufacture. Can imagine it was then a plum posting to any Scientist interested in that field; taking a peek at things like the Nucleon and Firebird, finding ways to slip a thing or two into the designs without the Mirrorshades any the wiser.' ending with a shrug. With the Scientist rising, Nicole did the same, stretched out lazily then brushed off the couple of crumbs from breakfast.

'No, I'm good. Wainwright... one of us, yes?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 pm

He shook his head, "Not Jerbiton - Janissary. I don't know what the troubles there will turn out to be... but miss Bergen will be forced to check in at the Security Office with an irritating regularity."
"Are you thinking about House Janissary Sodalis, the soldiers of House Guernicus rather than the diplomats of House Jerbiton? For as far as I know young Miss Bergen is the apprentice of Master Boz of House Janissary."

"That's right, slip of the tongue...I /am/ tired," he said, tapping at his head at his mistake.

"Well there have certainly been an influx of young widderslainte with non corrupted minds." Crexia said and counted them of on her fingers...your Mentor's new student, Miss Alexander, young Molly have I missed any, born Fallen like that are rare most are little monsters from birth..."

He frowned, "You think perhaps my future widderslainte child with be the reincarnation of one of the Fallen we've... killed this week? It's possible. In fact... I've entertained the notion it might be the reincarnation of Warden. Well, better her than Gabriel... I don't think the Serafina has an Avatar, though - more that my accidental temporal spell echoed a little; enough for Beatrice's... I mean, Claire's Avatar to notice..."

"I can't speculate on whom, exactly...I did briefly...see Warden's avatar, after that discussion, a great dragon, black but for a moment turned healthy and green. So, possibly? "

He shook his head, "I was rather... preoccupied with miss Carlyle herself at the time - she was quite distraught, and for good reason, poor girl..."

"Of course," he said with a nod.

He looked up at Adley, "Master Nassa is the first name to come to mind. And... to be honest, there aren't any others that immediately spring up, as a matter of confidentiality and direct involvement. Sorry, Lady Crexia, but you're a... second tier candidate in this case, no offense intended."

"Ah, that does make sense...though he doesn't like me much. A bit more than he used, but somehow I feel this news could bring him back to how it was before."

He arched an eyebrow, "You need that much added discretion, in here? Damn, this must be even more personal than I'd thought..."

"We are talking about our avatars...moreover, our personal relationships with them. For me, that is...about as intimate as one can get."
"I certainly understand that decision Sodalis."
Crexia said and she took a tablet from her belt pouch, this one was made with a slightly darker wood though.
"No need to borrow mine I went and fetched this from my room before I came here I just forgot about it up until now...thank you for reminding me and I do hope you will find it useful."
She said and handed you the wooden handmade tablet and a stylus.
"I will write up the recepie I use for the wax later for when you need to change it."

Oh! Thank you, that is /very/ welcome," he said, taking it from her with a smile. "I am sure this will come in very handy, you have no idea how many pieces of paper I have been burning up...well then, let me put it to its first use," he said picking up the stylus. "Cunieform is easier to write than english on such a thing," he teased, but starting inscribing it with the following to show to Colin:

'Lately, I recalled our story thus from when I was jarred from the depth of my temporary madness: the two avatars are in reciprocal relationship, there is a warrior with a sword of fire and a winged god of the forest that grows the cones. He holds a lantern whose light comes from the red warrior's flame. Towards the end of his natural course, when he had become tired and aged, he gives a cone to the ground and then he gives himself as well, to nourish it so that he can be reborn. It was the job of the warrior to take, or help make his sacrifice, to slit his throat. With his own blood, he nourishes the cone and it is his old body that becomes the fresh soil and so the place planted becomes the right place to grow anew. The warrior mourned his passing but waited until the new sapling appeared. This she took care of until they could again continue their walk together in eternity and the time came again for the renewal. That is the way that it should be - however, the cycle was broken when her avatar went through the caul. The forest god has become destruction and will no longer make cones nor become anew again and my avatar weeps. Yet he still has the lantern and Beatrice has told me that she feels it lit again. And you have found a cone for us to plant. We have found what Claire has saved for us. Perhaps that will aid in getting her back to the correct path, now that her lantern is lit and we have a cone, so all is not lost as you said. But there is more to it, as I was also told that it is for specific people, to be used by specific people. These specific people seem to be tied into our cycles.'

He smiled thinly, "She's actually terrified, but so very proud... She may be the fiercest, most courageous warrior I have met; I sincerely doubt her confidence was based on any pregnancy... Defiance, on the other hand, seems a far more likely root of that confidence. She'll not give us the satisfaction of seeing her afraid or weak... and I suppose that very thing is what rendered her vulnerable to my gentler approach."

"It is too bad she is Fallen...and a convicted one that that."

He frowned, "Oh, of course, the poor Avatar that had been, er, caught in a machine and was... poltergeisting Master Narim's office. I'd forgotten about that one..."

"Yes. I'm still not sure how I managed to spot it..."

"What did she say Sodalis?" Crexia asked and she raised an eyebrow.

"That there will be more screaming, before all this is through...something to that effect."

He nodded, "Her withered angel with void-like eyes... I have hopes we can help the poor fellow get some... life into itself again. Or was it another form it took at that point?"

"That is how I saw him first...however it is not as he was, I have...seen how he should be, as well."

// yeah, we should be about near wrapped up with much of this segment in the time bubble and so it will be easier to manage -  but don't worry, Anja just post as you can.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:03 pm

"I agree with your assumption for the goal behind such an attack Mr Wainwright what worry me more is that someone is able to get though Horizon's defenses to accomplish it."
Crexia said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "I don't know the defenses well enough to say for certain, but I surmise there's deception at work - like I said, a vessel flying under false flag, slipping past the defenses under the guise of an expected transport or somesuch..."

"Well she have more combat experience than Dr Spence."
The old archmage commented.
"What might make the Seat of Matter step down though is hard to say."
He nodded, "Personal combat experience might not be necessary for strategic leadership - but a commander who has seen friends and foes fall on the battlefield would tend to be better at keeping their forces as safe as possible..."

"Indeed it is still a point of conflict between the Order of Hermes and the Verbena and both sides have long memories..."
She said and frowned.
He nodded, "And some remember personally..."

"I can't speculate on whom, exactly...I did briefly...see Warden's avatar, after that discussion, a great dragon, black but for a moment turned healthy and green. So, possibly? "
He shrugged, "I don't know... Time will tell."

"Ah, that does make sense...though he doesn't like me much. A bit more than he used, but somehow I feel this news could bring him back to how it was before."
He arched an eyebrow, "Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it brought you closer, knowing that you and Beatrice have been linked since the Schism War... You... might want to be a little more sparing with the details of who you were at the time, but I think he will be quite accepting of the cycle you and Beatrice have always represented..."

"We are talking about our avatars...moreover, our personal relationships with them. For me, that is...about as intimate as one can get."
He nodded, "Touché."

Oh! Thank you, that is /very/ welcome," he said, taking it from her with a smile. "I am sure this will come in very handy, you have no idea how many pieces of paper I have been burning up...well then, let me put it to its first use," he said picking up the stylus. "Cunieform is easier to write than english on such a thing," he teased, but starting inscribing it with the following to show to Colin:
He nodded, grinning slyly at Adley, "If it helps you; I've always been told I look good in cuneiform, though I can't quite read it myself."

'Lately, I recalled our story thus from when I was jarred from the depth of my temporary madness: the two avatars are in reciprocal relationship, there is a warrior with a sword of fire and a winged god of the forest that grows the cones. He holds a lantern whose light comes from the red warrior's flame. Towards the end of his natural course, when he had become tired and aged, he gives a cone to the ground and then he gives himself as well, to nourish it so that he can be reborn. It was the job of the warrior to take, or help make his sacrifice, to slit his throat. With his own blood, he nourishes the cone and it is his old body that becomes the fresh soil and so the place planted becomes the right place to grow anew. The warrior mourned his passing but waited until the new sapling appeared. This she took care of until they could again continue their walk together in eternity and the time came again for the renewal. That is the way that it should be - however, the cycle was broken when her avatar went through the caul. The forest god has become destruction and will no longer make cones nor become anew again and my avatar weeps. Yet he still has the lantern and Beatrice has told me that she feels it lit again. And you have found a cone for us to plant. We have found what Claire has saved for us. Perhaps that will aid in getting her back to the correct path, now that her lantern is lit and we have a cone, so all is not lost as you said. But there is more to it, as I was also told that it is for specific people, to be used by specific people. These specific people seem to be tied into our cycles.'
He nodded sagely, "That... fits with what Freddy told me from the distant future. She specified a few names, rather than suggesting it would be a cure-all for all the Fallen..."

"Master Teomim did the same after...the Spirit Masters where done, they stood using a simple staff for support and stood as they where reduced to ash in the blink of an eye, a dignified death even if the Traditions had done what they could to demean them...I am glad this enemy warrior will manage to claim for herself the same dignity."
Udella said and Crexia nodded.
"That and hopefully it will remove her unborn...child...from the equation."
He smiled thinly, "No staff for miss Jerkins, I'm afraid - but all the same, she's got remarkable strength. And... yes, let us hope the child simply ceases to be at that point. I recall nothing else, in any case... Hum, I suppose I ought to bid her farewell before heading home."

"That was tried, it cause the prisoner great pain and distress but the seed of the infernal child was still there, as it is not yet fully formed it seam to have some protection against simply being banished."
Crexia said and frowned.
"I agree when our people tried to banish her child, she would scream and trash on the floor and then get back up to stare them in the eyes, the woman is proud and defiant."
Crexia said and nodded.
He grimaced, "In other words, daddy's keeping an eye on his little children..."

"Well I do know of one Virtual Adept able to perform such a task."
Crexia said and smiled.
"But of course it would be a difficult task."
He grinned, "After this weekend, I'm sure it will be a quite welcome kind of challenge..."

"Good I will contact her and ask her if she will take the man on as her patient."
Udella said and nodded.
He grinned, "I wonder what she'll say, being so warmly recommended by someone she hasn't met yet..."

"Well you are a good man Mr Wainwright, and from what you tell us about her your Avatar do seam to be quite a character."
Crexia said and Udella patted your arm slightly.
He chuckled, "From what you've told me of her, ah, career prior to becoming Heylel Teomim, I suppose she always was..."

Udella frowned at that.
"But House Janissary are the greatest supporters of House Guernicus and the Code."
She protested.
"How can they be involved in any trouble?"
He frowned, "I don't know what the trouble is, or why they are in trouble... but whatever it is will seemingly affect the entire House, not just... a few individuals like the D'Angelos of House Guernicus."

"You are not a Hermetic Mr Wainwright so your actions can not violate Hermetic law, if you get your Avatar to teach you Enochian or a Spirit the law can not punish you for it, the Order might scowl but that is also all we legally can do, we can punish a member of our Order for teacher you but can not stop you for finding a way to learn by yourself."
Udella said and smiled.
He nodded, "It was precisely the Hermetic teacher part that was a concern there."

"Yes. I'm still not sure how I managed to spot it..."
He smiled wryly, "I suspect it was much like a huntsman spots a deer - you noticed the tracks and subconsciously realized what you were looking for... and that made it easier to track."

"Master Dante tried to do that once and he and his men saved quite a few magi from that horrid place but he was not able to take it down. I do agree it would be a place we might find the information we need or at least what we need to get further...and taking it out...while that would not be an easy task if it could be done yes that would be quite a victory."
Crexia said.
"What she means is that if you manage to come up with a plan to pull that off she will buy you a beer old friend."
Udella said and grinned and Crexia nodded and said wryly.
"I will buy him two."
He chuckled, "I don't think I will be claiming that beer - at least, not without a lot more intel on MECHA itself. I might participate in such an operation, but I won't be the one taking the lead. Most likely, I will be doing something like air support."

"It will...but poor child, I suspect you are going to have to spend some time to get her over that one..."
Udella said sadly.
"I will teach you to make the child a gift that will cheer her up, it will not make things alright off course but it will cheer her up on the less."
Mia said in your head her voice sounding far away.
He frowned, then grinned, "Yes, well, Mia will teach me something to cheer the poor dear up, at least... She won't say what just yet, but I expect she will when the timing is right."

"The problem is that often flogging is not given where it should but rather it is a way to punish young magi for stepping on the egos of their superiors. As for being sentenced to being a lab rat that is a fairly common punishment among the Sons of Ether for major offenses, and no I do not like it."
Udella said and frowned.
He frowned, "So I am given to understand... Well, a headache for another day..."

((OOC: Quite; we should be almost done with the first half of the bubble...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:44 pm

Serge:

"Yeah I'm starting to see that as well." Serge admitted, a little embarrassed that his slip of the tongue caused a bit of confusion.

"Please do not feel bad Mr Yager, asking the question if Blake is involved when her name comes up is perfectly reasonable and we should mention it for our superiors as well."
Cara said in a friendly tone of voice.

"You're right. When I last saw him he was heading down to check on those prisoner's. I can call him and tell him what I've found and my wild theories." Serge said pulling out his phone.

"That should reasonable it is better to give those in charge of security for our Chantries to much information than to withhold something that turn out to be important later."
The Criamon said and smiled.

Serge looked at Meg's drawing with a look of indecision on his face. He wasn't sent here to discuss the incoming trials and tribulation that Steelhaven would face with another Chantry's security chief. But looking back down at both the original drawing and his copy, Serge realized that he had no other ideas as to what the other pieces of the picture could mean.

"I was sent here to get some more insight into the drawing and then return back with our men who are resting here. If it provides us with greater insight into the drawing then I don't see the harm in meeting him. He may be able to explain how or why the Nephandi would betray the oracle's as well as other problems that we are facing. Let's go meet with your security chief." Serge decided.

"Mr Yager my House's specialty are enigmas...puzzles and sometimes to solve a puzzle one need to seek out help."
Cara said as she lovingly patted her apprentice on the head.
"Very well, let us go...if you would follow me Sir."
The young maga said politely and turned to leave the younger willworker's room.
"Unless you had anything else to ask Meg before we left that is?"

"We may also need to alert our men who are resting here. They may wonder why a Steelhaven mage that they have never met before is wondering around at Chantry Morningstar." Serge said with a smile.

"Hum...yes that might be a good idea. I will ask around and see if anyone know where they are."
Cara said and nodded.
"What if we go back to the cafeteria then and look for them first before we go to speak with Chief Joakim?"
She suggested.

Nicole:

"That can be it, natural entropy it is a force found in all things after all, or it could be a influx of Nephandi or other beings of decay literary sucking the life out of the city, or hell just plain shift in sleeper fortune, then again entropy would cover that, in either case it is a shame what is happening to Detroit, it was a good place to be a scientist for a while I hear as you say."
Renee said as she nodded to the others in the room and begun to head out of the cafeteria.
"Yeah I have not met Mr Wainwright yet I think Master Morgan say he is an Orphan...you see Master Morgan is a technophobic old Hermetic who suddenly found himself in the possession of a ethership and now need someone at his Chantry trained to pilot it."
She replied as she headed to the cars parked outside of the Chantry.

Adley and Colin:

"That's right, slip of the tongue...I /am/ tired," he said, tapping at his head at his mistake.

"Well it have been one of those days."
Crexia said with an understanding nod.

"An Avatar returning to be the child of the man who killed his former incarnation...that is almost poetic."
Udella muttered.
"And yes that would be far better than if it was Gabriel, then again who knows who that man will be in his next life, but considering his actions in this one...I do not hold out to much hope."

"I agree with my Sodalis here old friend I would not be comfortable talking about my Avatar with just about anyone, I do not think I have discussed him openly with anyone but my Mentor and a few of my Cabalmates."
Udella said and glanced at Colin.

"Oh I did notice how many papers you where burning Sodalis which is why I thought about this tablet, I do not use it after I got my new one, the new one is slightly smaller which make it easier for me to handle as I have small hands, but you might enjoy slightly more space to write...and yes cunieform is easier to write on it."
Crexia agreed with a warm smile.

"That there will be more screaming, before all this is through...something to that effect."

"Well now that is...uplifting..."
Crexia said and frowned.
"Well there have been plenty of screams this day..."

"That is how I saw him first...however it is not as he was, I have...seen how he should be, as well."

Crexia and Udella looked at you for a moment as you spoke of Beatrice's Avatar but they said nothing.

Colin nodded, "I don't know the defenses well enough to say for certain, but I surmise there's deception at work - like I said, a vessel flying under false flag, slipping past the defenses under the guise of an expected transport or somesuch..."

"Disturbing but yes that can work..."
The old arhmage said and her frown deepened.
"It would be a suicide run but it could work."

He nodded, "Personal combat experience might not be necessary for strategic leadership - but a commander who has seen friends and foes fall on the battlefield would tend to be better at keeping their forces as safe as possible..."

"Miss Hastings begun her career as a combat pilot for fighters on board a Traditionalist warship if I do not remember it wrong, though she also work with electricity, she have taken an active part in the Asencion war so yes she have seen friend...and allies...and enemies die..."
Crexia said softly.

He nodded, "And some remember personally..."

"Yes let's just say that some of that guilt you spoke about Master Teomim having I carry the same..."
The archmage said softly.
"What we did to House Diedne saved the Order but...it was still a terrible thing..."

He smiled thinly, "No staff for miss Jerkins, I'm afraid - but all the same, she's got remarkable strength. And... yes, let us hope the child simply ceases to be at that point. I recall nothing else, in any case... Hum, I suppose I ought to bid her farewell before heading home."

"Miss Jerkins might appreciate a final visit...but yes she do sound like a strong woman, I agree with your Cabalmate it is a shame she is Fallen she would have made a good Tytalus...or a Flambeau..."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I guess she will have to be a respected enemy instead."

He grimaced, "In other words, daddy's keeping an eye on his little children..."

"That is possible I would have to speak with the magi who performed the attempted banishment to know for sure what went wrong."

He grinned, "After this weekend, I'm sure it will be a quite welcome kind of challenge..."

"It might not be as welcome for the one who's brain needs Primium removed by teleportation."
Udella muttered wryly.

He grinned, "I wonder what she'll say, being so warmly recommended by someone she hasn't met yet..."

"Well she might assume that you have heard good things about her works, I have heard great things about this tattoo artist on Horizon and might recommend him even if I myself have not sought out his services, I am to old for butterflies on my ankles."
Udella said wryly.

He chuckled, "From what you've told me of her, ah, career prior to becoming Heylel Teomim, I suppose she always was..."

"Ah yes she was, a street urchin who survived by the skin of her teeth and the power of her alchemical workings until Julius de Medici discovered her...quite a character indeed."

He frowned, "I don't know what the trouble is, or why they are in trouble... but whatever it is will seemingly affect the entire House, not just... a few individuals like the D'Angelos of House Guernicus."

"Hum...I do not like this...what can they be up to? Are you sure about this old friend?"
Udella asked clearly not happy about the news.

He nodded, "It was precisely the Hermetic teacher part that was a concern there."

"It is not illegal for a non Hermetic to learn Enochian nor for that mage to not say where they have learned it, the only thing that is illegal is for a Hermetic to teach a non Hermetic."
Udella explained.

He chuckled, "I don't think I will be claiming that beer - at least, not without a lot more intel on MECHA itself. I might participate in such an operation, but I won't be the one taking the lead. Most likely, I will be doing something like air support."

"Well such a mission would need skilled Umbral pilots. As for intel on MECHA at least some are available from Master Dante himself and from those unfortunates who where saved from that hell."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And we will see about that beer in the future Mr Wainwright."

He frowned, then grinned, "Yes, well, Mia will teach me something to cheer the poor dear up, at least... She won't say what just yet, but I expect she will when the timing is right."

"Practical Avatar you got there and good, perhaps a few rewards can the the child to feel a little better about the situation."
Udella said and smiled.

He frowned, "So I am given to understand... Well, a headache for another day..."

"That is very true, we have enough to concern ourselves with right now."

(OOC: What is so evil about bubbles. Razz But yes I do like long posts they show that allot of work and thought are put into the game and they are a joy but we should probably try to limit them to what can be replied to within the hour and split things up a bit more in the future over several threads to make them more practical to reply to.)

(OOC 2: I might be a bit slow for a few days I have hurt my elbow somehow and now it do not cooperate as it should hopefully it will get better soon but it will slow down my writing a bit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:14 am

"An Avatar returning to be the child of the man who killed his former incarnation...that is almost poetic."
Udella muttered.
"And yes that would be far better than if it was Gabriel, then again who knows who that man will be in his next life, but considering his actions in this one...I do not hold out to much hope."
Colin nodded, "It would not surprise me much, really... not since I picked up a... piece of Cotta in the Labyrinth. Specifically, a piece that remembered her love for Warden. Poetic indeed; the two promised to walk the Black Spiral together forever - it would only be too fitting that I be the one to drag Warden away from it now. And... I don't think I was the one who killed Warden."

"I agree with my Sodalis here old friend I would not be comfortable talking about my Avatar with just about anyone, I do not think I have discussed him openly with anyone but my Mentor and a few of my Cabalmates."
Udella said and glanced at Colin.
He nodded, "It is reasonable enough - it's an intimate subject, and... I suppose Mia is less troubled with intimacy as such, or she might have shushed me before now."
He smiled, "I won't pry on others, though."

"Disturbing but yes that can work..."
The old arhmage said and her frown deepened.
"It would be a suicide run but it could work."
He nodded, "It would indeed be a suicide run - but the tactic is sound; when warriors are at peace with their own death, when their victory is not dependent on their own survival... they're bloody unstoppable."

"Miss Hastings begun her career as a combat pilot for fighters on board a Traditionalist warship if I do not remember it wrong, though she also work with electricity, she have taken an active part in the Asencion war so yes she have seen friend...and allies...and enemies die..."
Crexia said softly.
He nodded, "She leads from the front... I remember, in twenty years, when the Nephandi attack Horizon, she leads the defense from her own ship... and even handles communications personally. It's a rare trait in a military officer, and even rarer in a political leader."

"Yes let's just say that some of that guilt you spoke about Master Teomim having I carry the same..."
The archmage said softly.
"What we did to House Diedne saved the Order but...it was still a terrible thing..."
He nodded with a frown, "And some Diedne remember what was done to them... A thousand years-old guilt, or a thousand years-old pain and indignity... which is more painful, I wonder?"

"Miss Jerkins might appreciate a final visit...but yes she do sound like a strong woman, I agree with your Cabalmate it is a shame she is Fallen she would have made a good Tytalus...or a Flambeau..."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I guess she will have to be a respected enemy instead."
He frowned, "She was Tytalus... she was snatched up by a member of your House and essentially blackmailed into doing his dirty work, or he would expose her as a widderslainte. When she learned that the longevity potions he had been feeding her had rendered her sterile, when she wanted to make a family with a man she loved... that drove her to the Fallen. She wouldn't give me his name, but she... might reveal it if she spots him in the crowd from the Sentencing Hall... I don't know if she will. All the same, yes, she will be a respected enemy."

"That is possible I would have to speak with the magi who performed the attempted banishment to know for sure what went wrong."
He nodded, "I'll leave that to you, then."

"Ah yes she was, a street urchin who survived by the skin of her teeth and the power of her alchemical workings until Julius de Medici discovered her...quite a character indeed."
He smiled thinly, "She was always the survivor, hmm?"

"Hum...I do not like this...what can they be up to? Are you sure about this old friend?"
Udella asked clearly not happy about the news.
He nodded, "It may have seemed like a throwaway comment at the time, but... even the throwaway comments seem to have surprising importance with the benefit of a little hindsight and foresight in combination."

"It is not illegal for a non Hermetic to learn Enochian nor for that mage to not say where they have learned it, the only thing that is illegal is for a Hermetic to teach a non Hermetic."
Udella explained.
He nodded, "That's what I meant. There are certainly a number of languages Adley could teach me, but not that one..."

"Well such a mission would need skilled Umbral pilots. As for intel on MECHA at least some are available from Master Dante himself and from those unfortunates who where saved from that hell."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And we will see about that beer in the future Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Well, I'll be getting some training from a capable Umbral pilot quite soon, so I suspect I would be pulling either air support or medevac duty. And win or lose, after such a battle, I expect a beer would be good in any case."

"Practical Avatar you got there and good, perhaps a few rewards can the the child to feel a little better about the situation."
Udella said and smiled.
He smiled, "She is, and it likely will."

((OOC: Nothing evil about bubbles - they make for great opportunities for rest & recaps. However, we might be able to save some time if we could keep the chronology a little straighter. There's a little back-and-forth that makes the threads a little hard to follow... ))

((OOC2: Owie! Get better soon, y'hear? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 am

"Mr Yager my House's specialty are enigmas...puzzles and sometimes to solve a puzzle one need to seek out help."
Cara said as she lovingly patted her apprentice on the head.
"Very well, let us go...if you would follow me Sir."

"Lead the way." Serge said unsure of how to feel about being patted on the head.

"The young maga said politely and turned to leave the younger willworker's room.
"Unless you had anything else to ask Meg before we left that is?"

"Meg has done plenty of work for us already. Lets let her a rest for now." Serge said with a smile as he glanced back towards the young sage.

"Thanks for your help Meg. If their's anything else you want to tell us don't be afraid to draw a pretty picture and show us. If I had the time I would have loved to draw some pictures with you." Serge said with smile as he waved goodbye to the young sage.

"Hum...yes that might be a good idea. I will ask around and see if anyone know where they are."
Cara said and nodded.
"What if we go back to the cafeteria then and look for them first before we go to speak with Chief Joakim?"
She suggested.

"That's sounds good. They deserve to know what's going on to. It may also help if they come with us. I'm completely new here so your Security Chief may be hesitant to listen or share information with me but I am sure he will listen to the team who helped you guys with the Nephandi. Not to mention that I kinda want to meet these guys myself after what I've heard about them." Serge said with a nod.

(((OOC: Hope your all right Anja. Get Well Soon!)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:11 am

He arched an eyebrow, "Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it brought you closer, knowing that you and Beatrice have been linked since the Schism War... You... might want to be a little more sparing with the details of who you were at the time, but I think he will be quite accepting of the cycle you and Beatrice have always represented..."

"Abstractly, he might...but as it is his apprentice..."

He nodded, grinning slyly at Adley, "If it helps you; I've always been told I look good in cuneiform, though I can't quite read it myself."

He gave a snort of laughter. "That was terrible..."

He nodded sagely, "That... fits with what Freddy told me from the distant future. She specified a few names, rather than suggesting it would be a cure-all for all the Fallen..."

He nodded, wiping the wax clean again carefully. He offered it out to him, "If you need to ask me anything else about it..." He nodded at the tablet.

He smiled wryly, "I suspect it was much like a huntsman spots a deer - you noticed the tracks and subconsciously realized what you were looking for... and that made it easier to track."

"That could be, but it is a little unusual...I did have some clues that something was going on, though I would not have guessed that consciously."

// @Anja - ouch, time for some hot/cold compress treatment. Hope you feel better, I hate when I strain my elbows. I found that sitting at certain table heights and typing made mine worse, not sure if that's the case for you but just to pass on a cause I hadn't thought of before I started working in a different space
@Warp - congrats on your 4 thousanth post Surprised

Let me know how you'd like to do these sorts of scenes in the future, next time we're in similar situation - I think though that Adley's all caught up unless Colin adds some questions. If not, then I will wait my turn over until Colin has caught up/rested etc, so that should shorten things!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:39 am

Colin and Adley:

Colin nodded, "It would not surprise me much, really... not since I picked up a... piece of Cotta in the Labyrinth. Specifically, a piece that remembered her love for Warden. Poetic indeed; the two promised to walk the Black Spiral together forever - it would only be too fitting that I be the one to drag Warden away from it now. And... I don't think I was the one who killed Warden."

"Perhaps I have lost track of who have killed who."
Crexia said and she had to smile at the absurdity of it all.
"Yeah I guess Warden's Avatar could be attracted to the piece of Cotta that is with you, that is quite possible."
The old Hermetic said and smiled slightly.
"And if you can somehow save that Avatar that would be a good thing."

He nodded, "It is reasonable enough - it's an intimate subject, and... I suppose Mia is less troubled with intimacy as such, or she might have shushed me before now."
He smiled, "I won't pry on others, though."

Udella nodded at that. Mia did not seam to be very troubled by intimacy really she just was and right now she was more troubled by being wrapped in cotton she did not appreciate that not one bit.

He nodded, "It would indeed be a suicide run - but the tactic is sound; when warriors are at peace with their own death, when their victory is not dependent on their own survival... they're bloody unstoppable."

"That is true enough, one can look at Flambeau the Founder and what he did for his final spell he took out an entire army but killed himself in the process, and the Verbena at times will sacrifice all of the Quintessence one of their members have to offer to create some damn powerful magick so yes someone willing to die for a cause...that cam be both powerful and dangerous."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And hard to defend against."

He nodded, "She leads from the front... I remember, in twenty years, when the Nephandi attack Horizon, she leads the defense from her own ship... and even handles communications personally. It's a rare trait in a military officer, and even rarer in a political leader."

"She is a fine woman and if your vision is true and she become the Prima of Matter I think she will do a good job, perhaps because she do not have a background as a politician."
She said and nodded.

He nodded with a frown, "And some Diedne remember what was done to them... A thousand years-old guilt, or a thousand years-old pain and indignity... which is more painful, I wonder?"

"I know...Lady Arden for example remembers being a Diedne who died after interrogation and torture at Tremere hands, sometimes it is hard to look her in the eyes...and which is worse, that is hard to say."
The old war mage sigh.

He frowned, "She was Tytalus... she was snatched up by a member of your House and essentially blackmailed into doing his dirty work, or he would expose her as a widderslainte. When she learned that the longevity potions he had been feeding her had rendered her sterile, when she wanted to make a family with a man she loved... that drove her to the Fallen. She wouldn't give me his name, but she... might reveal it if she spots him in the crowd from the Sentencing Hall... I don't know if she will. All the same, yes, she will be a respected enemy."

Crexia's eyes darkened.
"I understand that she do not want to give her captor's name he is in a whole lot of trouble if found, what you can try to tell her is that with all the captured Nephandi is is unlikely he would be Gilgulled, he would be Branded and executed...which the bastard deserves."
She muttered angrily.
"Whoever he is he is a disgrace to my House, and if he is captured later then there is nothing protecting him, and he will loose everything so if she have some twisted loyalty to him, it is better he is found now."
The Tytalus grumbled.

He nodded, "I'll leave that to you, then."

Crexia nodded at that.

He smiled thinly, "She was always the survivor, hmm?"

"Yes she always was, born to poverty and doing whatever she needed to get by, and at the same time, the way Heylel described her, having more nobility to her than the high born ladies with their fine dresses and lavish dinner parties."
Udella said and smiled warmly.

He nodded, "It may have seemed like a throwaway comment at the time, but... even the throwaway comments seem to have surprising importance with the benefit of a little hindsight and foresight in combination."

"I have to admit that this news really worry me..."
Udella said with a deep frown.
"House Janissary have been my House's greatest supporters for centuries, filling the void that was left when Tremere..."
She glanced at Crexia who sigh.
"When House Tremere ran of to become vampires."
She muttered bitterly.
"Come to think of it, did not some of what we we where told in the Labyrinth hint that Gabriel where a Janissary...well their proto House that became the Janissary probably completely irrelevant but still woth noting."
She commented.

He nodded, "That's what I meant. There are certainly a number of languages Adley could teach me, but not that one..."

Udella nodded at that.

He nodded, "Well, I'll be getting some training from a capable Umbral pilot quite soon, so I suspect I would be pulling either air support or medevac duty. And win or lose, after such a battle, I expect a beer would be good in any case."

"Trying to sneak beer even if you are not the victor now are you?"
Crexia said and grinned.
"Well I might get you one anyway..."
The archmage joked then she turned serious.
"Yes air or rather Umbral support and evacuation would be an important task in a Unbral battle."

He smiled, "She is, and it likely will."

Udella smiled at that.

(OOC:I admit to being lazy there and just replying to things as they are written. I am not sure how to organize such posts, I think perhaps when we have a number of questions on the table perhaps go through those conversation threads before moving on, though I do like long posts like I said it is a nice thing but if it get two long we can do what we do now and finish up what we have before moving on.)

(OOC 2: I will try that. I think I have managed to pull on the joint, my joints slip slightly out of position really easily and with hips and knees I can walk until everything snaps back into place usually with a bit of a loud click, elbows are a little harder. Thank you both it is not serious and will be better soon but it might slow down my writing as I am not able to sit with the computer for a long time at the time.)

Serge:

"Lead the way." Serge said unsure of how to feel about being patted on the head.

Cara nodded and left Meg to draw.
"You managed to get her to communicate with you at least Mr Yager that is quite impressive she can be shy."
She told you as she led you out of the room.

"Meg has done plenty of work for us already. Lets let her a rest for now." Serge said with a smile as he glanced back towards the young sage.

"Agreed, and if she have stopped adding information it might her visions have not shown her more, or she feels there is benefit in you figuring out the rest for yourself, she is not always easy to understand, even for me."
The Criamon said and stopped in the doorway to smile fondly at her apprentice.

"Thanks for your help Meg. If their's anything else you want to tell us don't be afraid to draw a pretty picture and show us. If I had the time I would have loved to draw some pictures with you." Serge said with smile as he waved goodbye to the young sage.

Meg looked up and held out a drawing towards you, she had drawn your face, and even if done quickly she had gotten some remarkable details, then she smiled and returned to her desk.
"You are welcome to draw with her once the current crisis is over Mr Yager I am sure she would appreciate it."
Cara said and smiled.
"She do not have to many friends since she do not talk."

"That's sounds good. They deserve to know what's going on to. It may also help if they come with us. I'm completely new here so your Security Chief may be hesitant to listen or share information with me but I am sure he will listen to the team who helped you guys with the Nephandi. Not to mention that I kinda want to meet these guys myself after what I've heard about them." Serge said with a nod.

"Chief Joakim will listen, he is not snobbish."
Cara said as she closed the door and left her apprentice to draw on her own and led the way back towards the dining hall.
"How much information he will give you though that is another matter."
She said.
"Meeting up with them is probably wise yes, so you are new at Steelhaven then? Just moved in?"

(OOC: Cara patted Meg on the head not Serge. Also thank you I will be fine my typing is just slowed down for a few days.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 am

"Perhaps I have lost track of who have killed who."
Crexia said and she had to smile at the absurdity of it all.
"Yeah I guess Warden's Avatar could be attracted to the piece of Cotta that is with you, that is quite possible."
The old Hermetic said and smiled slightly.
"And if you can somehow save that Avatar that would be a good thing."
Colin leaned back and smiled, "You weren't there - second-hand information gets muddied easily. And yes, if it is Warden reborn, trying to... bring her home will be a good thing. As well as another kick to the Nephandi."

"Abstractly, he might...but as it is his apprentice..."
He grinned, "I think perhaps you underestimate how well he realizes that Beatrice would be royally upset with him if he hurt you..."

"That is true enough, one can look at Flambeau the Founder and what he did for his final spell he took out an entire army but killed himself in the process, and the Verbena at times will sacrifice all of the Quintessence one of their members have to offer to create some damn powerful magick so yes someone willing to die for a cause...that cam be both powerful and dangerous."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And hard to defend against."
He pondered, "Downright impossible to defend against, perhaps, if your idea of defense is setting up a barrier against entry. However, knowing in advance that such an attack is coming, evacuating the area where the damage will be the heaviest and setting up an ambush... it won't prevent them from firing the first shot, but it sure as Hell can prevent them from firing the second."

"She is a fine woman and if your vision is true and she become the Prima of Matter I think she will do a good job, perhaps because she do not have a background as a politician."
She said and nodded.
He shrugged, "More to the point - her background isn't solely as a politician. The, ah, most beloved Seat of Forces is, as far as I understand, essentially a career politician only, whereas I believe the Seat of Life is an active healer as well as a politician, and the current Seat of Matter is as much an engineer as anything else - or even more so."

Crexia's eyes darkened.
"I understand that she do not want to give her captor's name he is in a whole lot of trouble if found, what you can try to tell her is that with all the captured Nephandi is is unlikely he would be Gilgulled, he would be Branded and executed...which the bastard deserves."
She muttered angrily.
"Whoever he is he is a disgrace to my House, and if he is captured later then there is nothing protecting him, and he will loose everything so if she have some twisted loyalty to him, it is better he is found now."
The Tytalus grumbled.
He arched an eyebrow, "You know, perhaps I should introduce the two of you - just for a chat. She might find your opinion of her experiences with your House inspiring."

He gave a snort of laughter. "That was terrible..."
He chuckled, "You started it - and you're welcome."

He nodded, wiping the wax clean again carefully. He offered it out to him, "If you need to ask me anything else about it..." He nodded at the tablet.
He nodded, "If anything comes to mind, certainly."

"Yes she always was, born to poverty and doing whatever she needed to get by, and at the same time, the way Heylel described her, having more nobility to her than the high born ladies with their fine dresses and lavish dinner parties."
Udella said and smiled warmly.
He nodded, "If you want to find someone who will help you when you are down, look to those who have experienced poverty themselves... I find the hereditary wealthy to be quite poor sorts."

"I have to admit that this news really worry me..."
Udella said with a deep frown.
"House Janissary have been my House's greatest supporters for centuries, filling the void that was left when Tremere..."
She glanced at Crexia who sigh.
"When House Tremere ran of to become vampires."
She muttered bitterly.
"Come to think of it, did not some of what we we where told in the Labyrinth hint that Gabriel where a Janissary...well their proto House that became the Janissary probably completely irrelevant but still woth noting."
She commented.
He frowned, "If Gabriel's origin with them is of any relevance, then there's a truly ancient rot in that House. They joined the Order at a much more recent date, didn't they? I would hazard the issues appeared closer to that time..."

"Trying to sneak beer even if you are not the victor now are you?"
Crexia said and grinned.
"Well I might get you one anyway..."
The archmage joked then she turned serious.
"Yes air or rather Umbral support and evacuation would be an important task in a Unbral battle."
He grinned, "Well, now, one must be allowed to buy one's own beer after a rough battle, mustn't one?"
He nodded, "With the exception of submarine battles and tunnel fights, air support and airborne medevac is always important..."

((OOC: Four thou... dayum. I never even noticed until you pointed it out. Shocked ))

((OOC2: Mostly, I try to just keep track of which comments are responses to what, and where that fit in the conversation order. It's a little hit-or-miss, though...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:43 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole fell into step beside Renee; occasionally pausing to avoid overshooting the smaller Scientist. 'How the hell do you simply "find yourself in possession of an Ethership"? she replied, a little incredulous. Then the large woman's eyes widened. 'Ah... and you're going to hint to him that it might be a good thing to have on the roll a certain gal to maintain the thing?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Colin:

Colin leaned back and smiled, "You weren't there - second-hand information gets muddied easily. And yes, if it is Warden reborn, trying to... bring her home will be a good thing. As well as another kick to the Nephandi."

"True I was not...well whoever your future child will be a reincarnation of I hope you are able to turn him or her back to the light as it where, both as a kick to the Nephandi and because it would be a good thing on it's own."
Crexia said and nodded.

He pondered, "Downright impossible to defend against, perhaps, if your idea of defense is setting up a barrier against entry. However, knowing in advance that such an attack is coming, evacuating the area where the damage will be the heaviest and setting up an ambush... it won't prevent them from firing the first shot, but it sure as Hell can prevent them from firing the second."

"That is a reasonable strategy I will bring it before the Council if you don't mind, ask them to evacuate the area on that given day, if you know the right day off course?"
The archmage asked.
"I might be able to get you a audience with the Council as well if you would rather put the information before them in person, though I do regret to say that they might listen more to a Hermetic archmage than to a young Orphan."
She said and frowned.

He shrugged, "More to the point - her background isn't solely as a politician. The, ah, most beloved Seat of Forces is, as far as I understand, essentially a career politician only, whereas I believe the Seat of Life is an active healer as well as a politician, and the current Seat of Matter is as much an engineer as anything else - or even more so."

"You would be correct on all points...the Seat of Forces is a career politician while Lady Quey is primary a healer and Dr Spence is an engineer preferring the company of his lab equipment to that of other people...they both have experience from real life then again that most beloved Housemate of mine have had a hard past, he should know better than to, if you excuse my language, be a dick towards others."
Crexia said and frowned.

He arched an eyebrow, "You know, perhaps I should introduce the two of you - just for a chat. She might find your opinion of her experiences with your House inspiring."

"That is not a bad idea...very well I would welcome you introducing me to Miss Jerkins."
The old Tytalus said and nodded.

He nodded, "If you want to find someone who will help you when you are down, look to those who have experienced poverty themselves... I find the hereditary wealthy to be quite poor sorts."

Udella nodded at that.
"Often that is true. My mother was a good person, she was kind and generous and she was of noble birth, but my father was not, he was a hard, not a bad man mind you he wanted to give me a full education even if I was a girl...and while hard I know he loved me but he also looked down on the lower classes and often did not help when it would cost him little to do so."
She agreed.

He frowned, "If Gabriel's origin with them is of any relevance, then there's a truly ancient rot in that House. They joined the Order at a much more recent date, didn't they? I would hazard the issues appeared closer to that time..."

"They joined a couple of hundred years ago but they started out as an order of their own in the middle east and then became a member of the Order under other Houses for a long time before they got a House of their own, yes they are quite ancient. They say they where originally House Ixoi a secretive Order said to work with Psychopomps to bring about Asencion, not much is known about them though."
Udella said.

He grinned, "Well, now, one must be allowed to buy one's own beer after a rough battle, mustn't one?"

Crexia grinned a little at that.

He nodded, "With the exception of submarine battles and tunnel fights, air support and airborne medevac is always important..."

"That is very true..."
The old archmage said and nodded.
"Though we did not have such things back when I was a military commander, though at times someone would figure out how to fly or recruit a magickal creature and bring it to the battlefield."

Nicole:

"I believe Master Morgan inherited the ship from an Etherite former Cabalmate, more than that I do not know but he mentioned as much to me when he asked me to train his pilot."
She said as she walked beside you, her head was level with your shoulder, when she gave a bit of a grin.
"Yes...it seams you have seen though my rouse, indeed I do intend to point out to Master Morgan that the Etherites he have are a hedge wizard chemist and an adventurer that are just a technomancer in name really and that he will need someone to maintain his ship if he want to keep it running..."
The pilot said and grinned.
"I assume you would not mind such a duty for the Chantry you live in?"
She asked as she reached a small black fiat which where clearly here car.
"What if I drive first and you follow my car and I will show you the way Nicole?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:11 pm

"That is a reasonable strategy I will bring it before the Council if you don't mind, ask them to evacuate the area on that given day, if you know the right day off course?"
The archmage asked.
"I might be able to get you a audience with the Council as well if you would rather put the information before them in person, though I do regret to say that they might listen more to a Hermetic archmage than to a young Orphan."
She said and frowned.
Colin pondered, "I don't know the date - but it will be on the day of Patrick Dale's sentencing. Whether that was by design or chance, I don't know, though it seems plausible the attackers were informed that the Nine would be in session at the time. And as you say, it seems more likely the Nine will listen to a venerable Archmage than an Orphan with only an early promotion to Adept to show to..."

"You would be correct on all points...the Seat of Forces is a career politician while Lady Quey is primary a healer and Dr Spence is an engineer preferring the company of his lab equipment to that of other people...they both have experience from real life then again that most beloved Housemate of mine have had a hard past, he should know better than to, if you excuse my language, be a dick towards others."
Crexia said and frowned.
He smiled wryly, "Unfortunately, it seems 'being a dick' is an inevitable side effect of securing one's power base - which is what career politicians invariably do..."

"That is not a bad idea...very well I would welcome you introducing me to Miss Jerkins."
The old Tytalus said and nodded.
He nodded, "So be it... I hope the magic suppression cell won't affect you too badly?"

Udella nodded at that.
"Often that is true. My mother was a good person, she was kind and generous and she was of noble birth, but my father was not, he was a hard, not a bad man mind you he wanted to give me a full education even if I was a girl...and while hard I know he loved me but he also looked down on the lower classes and often did not help when it would cost him little to do so."
She agreed.
He nodded, "That attitude is... well, suffice to say, the ideals of noblesse oblige have never held too strong among the wealthy families. I suppose you never learn the value of money if you've never truly had a tight budget. And then there's the Sam Vimes Boots Theorem of Economic Injustice..."

"They joined a couple of hundred years ago but they started out as an order of their own in the middle east and then became a member of the Order under other Houses for a long time before they got a House of their own, yes they are quite ancient. They say they where originally House Ixoi a secretive Order said to work with Psychopomps to bring about Asencion, not much is known about them though."
Udella said.
He frowned, "And again, the Psychopomps show up... Perhaps the link is there?"

"That is very true..."
The old archmage said and nodded.
"Though we did not have such things back when I was a military commander, though at times someone would figure out how to fly or recruit a magickal creature and bring it to the battlefield."
He arched an eyebrow with a wry grin, "What, you mean you never instituted a griffin domestication program? For shame."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well, it was a fairly obvious ruse. Though it's more "fair point" than an actual trick.' Nicole replied. 'Though will point out not to over-egg my abilities to actually maintain it... while I've done the basic theory stuff, not had hands-on. P'ticulary if it's a custom job.' On reaching the car, she gave a slightly raised eyebrow.

'Might be easier if I simply follow you in mine.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Colin:

Colin pondered, "I don't know the date - but it will be on the day of Patrick Dale's sentencing. Whether that was by design or chance, I don't know, though it seems plausible the attackers were informed that the Nine would be in session at the time. And as you say, it seems more likely the Nine will listen to a venerable Archmage than an Orphan with only an early promotion to Adept to show to..."

"That should be enough, at least if a date for the trial is set and it probably are...and yes even some of our enemies know that for a trial that can result in Gilgul the while Council have to be gathered for the trial, if the Council of Nine where the target there would be no better time to organize an attack to get at them all...the question is then how our enemies know when that trial is...I smell a rat and the scent is not plesant."
The old archmage said.
"Unfortunately status means allot in the Traditions, I wish it was not so but it is...I will put this information before the Council an be sure to mention your name so you at least get some credit."
She promised.

He smiled wryly, "Unfortunately, it seems 'being a dick' is an inevitable side effect of securing one's power base - which is what career politicians invariably do..."

"True enough I can not say I have always been able to take the high road in my own ascension to power, but our beloved Primus takes making insults to a whole new level, he did cost us a hundred Dreamspeakers and a whole Tradition that left due to his behavior, if it was up to me he would be banished to the Deep Umbra never to be seen again."
Crexia grumbled.

He nodded, "So be it... I hope the magic suppression cell won't affect you too badly?"

"It will not be comfortable to be sure but like I have said I am near indestructible I should be just fine."
Crexia said and smiled a little.

He nodded, "That attitude is... well, suffice to say, the ideals of noblesse oblige have never held too strong among the wealthy families. I suppose you never learn the value of money if you've never truly had a tight budget. And then there's the Sam Vimes Boots Theorem of Economic Injustice..."

"The problem is that when you have been told from birth that your family's name and position and yes wealth make you more than others, better it is hard not to believe that, and when human beings think they are better than another group of humans then injustice happens. Even for me it was quite a bit of a shock when I was apprenticed and one of my tasks where scrubbing pots with the kitchen maids at the Covenant...it was a valuable lesson though for I soon learned that while my dresses might cost more than theirs, I was no different from those girls."
Udella said and smiled fondly at the memory.
"My teacher knew what he was doing giving me such a mundane task...As for the book you mentioned I might have to find that one and read it."

He frowned, "And again, the Psychopomps show up... Perhaps the link is there?"

"I did not consider that but you are right...perhaps that is an avenue to look into...and perhaps a few questions should be asked of Master Boz when he comes to pick up his young apprentice...respectfully off course we have no indication that he is not a perfectly law abiding, respected member of the Traditions."
Udella said.
"The idea that something is rotten in House Janissary do disturb me though, hopefully it is not all of them."

He arched an eyebrow with a wry grin, "What, you mean you never instituted a griffin domestication program? For shame."

Crexia raised an eyebrow at that.
"You will find Mr Wainwright that Griffins are not easy to domesticate, they are proud, free creatures best left alone."

Nicole:

"Off course there might be things that can go wrong with the ship where Master Morgan have to hire an expert, but given who your teacher are I suspect that you have more than enough skills to do the day to day maintenance on the ship though."
Renee said and smiled.
"I did mean that you should follow me in your car."
She said as she got into her little black fiat.

(OOC: Sorry for the delay while I was writing a post Maude had a seizure, hopefully it is stress induced due to have to fight her to get her medication into her in which case she will be just fine but off course I am worried. Anyway a phone call to the vet later I am ready to post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:24 pm

"That should be enough, at least if a date for the trial is set and it probably are...and yes even some of our enemies know that for a trial that can result in Gilgul the while Council have to be gathered for the trial, if the Council of Nine where the target there would be no better time to organize an attack to get at them all...the question is then how our enemies know when that trial is...I smell a rat and the scent is not plesant."
The old archmage said.
"Unfortunately status means allot in the Traditions, I wish it was not so but it is...I will put this information before the Council an be sure to mention your name so you at least get some credit."
She promised.
Colin nodded, "There's likely a whole bloody nest of rats... as for the Council acknowledging me - I'm sure they'll have some curiosity at the very least once my Rote is published. But that may take a number of months..."

"True enough I can not say I have always been able to take the high road in my own ascension to power, but our beloved Primus takes making insults to a whole new level, he did cost us a hundred Dreamspeakers and a whole Tradition that left due to his behavior, if it was up to me he would be banished to the Deep Umbra never to be seen again."
Crexia grumbled.
He frowned, "Banishment to the Deep Umbra might be one way to be rid of him, but would you really wish his presence on, say, the Great Polyps?"

"It will not be comfortable to be sure but like I have said I am near indestructible I should be just fine."
Crexia said and smiled a little.
He nodded, "It was not your physical durability that worried me, but how it is linked to your Avatar..."

"The problem is that when you have been told from birth that your family's name and position and yes wealth make you more than others, better it is hard not to believe that, and when human beings think they are better than another group of humans then injustice happens. Even for me it was quite a bit of a shock when I was apprenticed and one of my tasks where scrubbing pots with the kitchen maids at the Covenant...it was a valuable lesson though for I soon learned that while my dresses might cost more than theirs, I was no different from those girls."
Udella said and smiled fondly at the memory.
"My teacher knew what he was doing giving me such a mundane task...As for the book you mentioned I might have to find that one and read it."
He nodded, "True strength can only be experienced by those who have known weakness... Ah, the theorem shows up in a Discworld book... Men At Arms, I think. Or was it Feet of Clay? Ah, no matter - the main principle is that a man who earns 38 dollars per month will be able to buy a pair of boots costing ten dollars, with maybe a year's use before needing replacement, while a wealthy man will be able to afford a pair of boots costing fifty dollars, and those boots will last a decade... so in ten years, the poor man has spent twice as much on boots as the rich man, and the poor man's feet are still wet..."

"I did not consider that but you are right...perhaps that is an avenue to look into...and perhaps a few questions should be asked of Master Boz when he comes to pick up his young apprentice...respectfully off course we have no indication that he is not a perfectly law abiding, respected member of the Traditions."
Udella said.
"The idea that something is rotten in House Janissary do disturb me though, hopefully it is not all of them."
He nodded, "Miss Bergen, I think, is as innocent as can be, but whatever the trouble is, it is widespread enough to make the whole House suspect..."

Crexia raised an eyebrow at that.
"You will find Mr Wainwright that Griffins are not easy to domesticate, they are proud, free creatures best left alone."
He smiled, "That seems to fit most of the descriptions I've read, alright. Though, if they're intelligent, I suppose an alliance could have been forged. Ah, well, water under the bridge and so on..."

((OOC: Ack, poor kitty! Hope it's nothing serious. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, then began to wander over the lot; Renee would see her clamber into the large, bull-barred sadan and fire it up.

[Poor kitty... have you tried wrapping the pill in processed ham? It's the only way I can pill mine.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "There's likely a whole bloody nest of rats... as for the Council acknowledging me - I'm sure they'll have some curiosity at the very least once my Rote is published. But that may take a number of months..."

"I fear you might be right Mr Wainwright that something is seriously wrong on Horizon."
Crexia said and frowned deeply then she nodded.
"I suspect the Council will be curious indeed. I will in either case see to it that you get the credit that you are do, you deserve that, we can not have a meritocracy and then worry more about linage than actual merit."
She said firmly.

He frowned, "Banishment to the Deep Umbra might be one way to be rid of him, but would you really wish his presence on, say, the Great Polyps?"

"True that might be cruel but who knows they are entropic beings perhaps they will find the beloved Primus' foulness refreshing."
Crexia said with a wry grin.

He nodded, "It was not your physical durability that worried me, but how it is linked to your Avatar..."

"My body and my Avatar is fused together permanently that is why entering that shielded cell will...be uncomfortable and communication with the prisoner might be difficult but I should be fine."
She said and frowned.

He nodded, "True strength can only be experienced by those who have known weakness... Ah, the theorem shows up in a Discworld book... Men At Arms, I think. Or was it Feet of Clay? Ah, no matter - the main principle is that a man who earns 38 dollars per month will be able to buy a pair of boots costing ten dollars, with maybe a year's use before needing replacement, while a wealthy man will be able to afford a pair of boots costing fifty dollars, and those boots will last a decade... so in ten years, the poor man has spent twice as much on boots as the rich man, and the poor man's feet are still wet..."

"Very true and while I do not think complete social equality will ever be achieved many forget how many things are insurmountable obstacles to the poor and easy to deal with for the rich."
Udella said and sigh.
"But yes to truly be strong perhaps one have to have felt what it is to be weak, at least once..."

He nodded, "Miss Bergen, I think, is as innocent as can be, but whatever the trouble is, it is widespread enough to make the whole House suspect..."

"That are most troubling news, I have to admit old friend that this time I hope you are wrong though off course we have to check it out, I really hope you are wrong."
Udella said in an uneasy tone of voice.

He smiled, "That seems to fit most of the descriptions I've read, alright. Though, if they're intelligent, I suppose an alliance could have been forged. Ah, well, water under the bridge and so on..."

"With an individual griffin yes, but enough for an army no that where more trouble than it was worth."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And as we are now allied with the Verbena perhaps it was a good thing we did not have an air force assisting us in the war eh?"

(OOC: I hope so to, she seam ok now but we do not know what is wrong hopefully it is just stress but I am concerned. Thank you though.)

Nicole:

Renee lead the way through the city, eventually you get to a fairly low rent district, from the number of young people around you suspect this is a popular place for collage students to rent apartments though you also see a few elderly people and some low income families around. You get to a red brick apartment building that looked rather ordinary on the outside and drive into a cellar garage. Renee park her fiat right next to a dark green hybrid and stepped out of her car and waited for you, as you drove into the garage again you got the feeling of passing through a ward or some such barrier.

(OOC: Ham, several types of cheese, jam, car food, special cat food intended to entice elderly cats to eat, sour cream, pizza dressing...and just about everything, we have tried everything the only thing that worked was the pizza dressing and she can not have much of that as it is onion in it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 pm

Cara nodded and left Meg to draw.
"You managed to get her to communicate with you at least Mr Yager that is quite impressive she can be shy."
She told you as she led you out of the room.

"Thank you. I used to be an extremely shy kid as well so I know what it's like." Serge admitted as he followed Cara out of the room.

Meg looked up and held out a drawing towards you, she had drawn your face, and even if done quickly she had gotten some remarkable details, then she smiled and returned to her desk.

Serge took the picture from Meg and smiled. "Thanks! I don't know what's more impressive. The amount of detail or how freakishly fast you managed to draw this."

"You are welcome to draw with her once the current crisis is over Mr Yager I am sure she would appreciate it."
Cara said and smiled.
"She do not have to many friends since she do not talk."

"I'd appreciate it as well. I need more drawing buddies." Serge said with a smile. "And I know what it's like not having any friends. I don't really want Meg to go through that."

"Chief Joakim will listen, he is not snobbish."
Cara said as she closed the door and left her apprentice to draw on her own and led the way back towards the dining hall.
"How much information he will give you though that is another matter."
She said.
"Meeting up with them is probably wise yes, so you are new at Steelhaven then? Just moved in?"

"Yes extremely new." Serge said following after Cara. "Like, I just moved in here this morning. I haven't even gotten a good look at my new room."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Anja's Post:

The car followed behind, the attentive tail all the way. In the basement garage, swung in to a space with some speed, a light squeal of brakes over the music leaking out. The slam of the door, locked it then Nicole turned to Renee with an "after you" look.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 pm

"I fear you might be right Mr Wainwright that something is seriously wrong on Horizon."
Crexia said and frowned deeply then she nodded.
"I suspect the Council will be curious indeed. I will in either case see to it that you get the credit that you are do, you deserve that, we can not have a meritocracy and then worry more about linage than actual merit."
She said firmly.
Colin nodded, "Thank you... though, it feels like thanking you should be superfluous to what ought to be the norm..."

"True that might be cruel but who knows they are entropic beings perhaps they will find the beloved Primus' foulness refreshing."
Crexia said with a wry grin.
He pondered for a moment, "I suppose it would be simpler to just have him share a cell with Diego for a few hours - let the two exchange pleasantries."

"My body and my Avatar is fused together permanently that is why entering that shielded cell will...be uncomfortable and communication with the prisoner might be difficult but I should be fine."
She said and frowned.
He nodded, "That's reassuring, at least. I noticed a sense of... isolation when I was in there - less nauseating than the serum, and more like someone put a fence between Mia and me, and less like she was wrapped up like a mummy..."

"With an individual griffin yes, but enough for an army no that where more trouble than it was worth."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And as we are now allied with the Verbena perhaps it was a good thing we did not have an air force assisting us in the war eh?"
He nodded with a grin, "Perhaps for the better... though the movie would have been an epic display."

((OOC: Have you tried looking for onion-free pizza dressing? ...Ugh, that stuff led to a farty kitty, didn't it? My mom's cat loved chili con carne, with lots of onion and garlic, and didn't understand why nobody wanted her on their laps a few hours later... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Serge:

"Thank you. I used to be an extremely shy kid as well so I know what it's like." Serge admitted as he followed Cara out of the room.

"That and Meg also see the future, have spiritual insights and can't talk, that makes it hard to make friends even among mage children, though she do lay a bit with one of the Deacon's apprentice Cindi."
Cara said as she left Meg's room.

Serge took the picture from Meg and smiled. "Thanks! I don't know what's more impressive. The amount of detail or how freakishly fast you managed to draw this."

The little girl did not reply she just smiled before she returned to her desk.

"I'd appreciate it as well. I need more drawing buddies." Serge said with a smile. "And I know what it's like not having any friends. I don't really want Meg to go through that."

"I worry about her sometimes, Meg have a friend in another little girl at the Chantry as I said but...even that do not always go well since my student only communicate with drawings and sometimes with a bit of body language, no one have ever gotten her to say a word."
The Criamon said with a worried frown.

"Yes extremely new." Serge said following after Cara. "Like, I just moved in here this morning. I haven't even gotten a good look at my new room."

"It seams you have arrived at a time of chaos Mr Yager."
Cara said and frowned.
"Hopefully things will calm down shortly."
She commented then she pointed at a girl sitting with a cup of coffee or tea at one of the tables in the crowded cafeteria, she was tall and slender with a cute face, pouty lips and ringlet curls that looked like they needed a comb, she wore a black skirt, black knee length socks and a green tshirt that did not fit her well so she had probably loaned it, the girl had one ring in her nose, two in her lip and one in her eyebrow and she looked like she had been through the wringer.
"That is Miss Mundis she is one of the party from Steelhaven."
Cara explained.

Nicole:

Renee raised an eyebrow at just how much of an...entrance...your car made then she led you in through a door and up into a clean but worn hallway with a dark red carpet on the floor, she stopped by one door and knocked on it, you saw no one else around right now though there where several other doors and a staircase leading up into further floors of the building. Once Renee got a response from the room she knocked on she opened the door and stepped inside.
"I am glad to find you at your office Master Morgan and I am sorry to disturb you I am here about the training you wanted me to give this Mr Wainwright, I thought we could finalize the contract, though I am aware that you must be busy with all that is going on..."
Renee said and bowed to whoever was inside the office.
"No I have a moment, please come in Miss Rembrandt..."
A man's voice responded and Renee said and indicated for you to step inside the office as well. Inside was a small office without a window, there where some shelves with books and folders as well as a coffee maker, two chairs, a old wooden desk and behind it sat a tall man of Arabic decent, he had a large hooked nose, intelligent dark eyes, slightly curly black hair dotted with white pulled back into a ponytail and he wore blue jeans, a white tshirt and a blue denim west. On one wall of the office was a painting of a mage blowing himself up along with an army.
"You brought a guest I see..."
The man behind the desk who seamed to have been filling out some paperwork.
"Yeah ehm this is Nicole Bouchard bani Sons of Ether Sir...I have promised her Mentor to find her a place at a Chantry and she is a good mechanic...something you will need to maintain your new shuttle."
Renee said and the dark haired man studied you for a moment.
"I see...I am Jeffery Amaris Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau...please have a seat Miss Bouchard..."
He said and indicated one of the chairs.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Thank you... though, it feels like thanking you should be superfluous to what ought to be the norm..."

"I appreciate your gratitude Mr Wainwright but no I agree such thanks should not be needed the norm should be that you are recognized for your words and deeds not your status or Tradition."
Crexia said and nodded.

He pondered for a moment, "I suppose it would be simpler to just have him share a cell with Diego for a few hours - let the two exchange pleasantries."

"Well now that is a brilliant idea."
She said and grinned.

He nodded, "That's reassuring, at least. I noticed a sense of... isolation when I was in there - less nauseating than the serum, and more like someone put a fence between Mia and me, and less like she was wrapped up like a mummy..."

"Yes the two disturb magick in slightly different ways. The cells prevent the flow of Quintessence between the Pool and your Avatar, while the serum dulls communication between Avatar and host..."
The archmage said and nodded.

He nodded with a grin, "Perhaps for the better... though the movie would have been an epic display."

"Yes it probably would have been...but once the movie ended there would have been allot more death."
She muttered.

(OOC: We have she did not want it enough to take her pills. No Maude did not get farty that would have been fine, but onions as poison to cats so she can not have allot of it...chilli might be worth trying though Maude loves chilli.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm

"Yes it probably would have been...but once the movie ended there would have been allot more death."
She muttered.
Colin nodded, "All too likely, yes... There are aspects the movie likely would have, well, glossed over..."

He finished up the complaint forms in triplicate, and signed them as indicated, then sighed, "Right, then the bureaucratic headache is out of my hands for a little while... I suppose it's time to get some sleep."
He gave Udella a thin smile and glanced toward the sleeping bags, "I'll let you have first pick... well, second pick, really. I'll look away if you need a bit of privacy."

((OOC: Chili's worth a shot, I guess. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next