Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 27 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Precisely... and my apprentice was not the only one put into mortal danger by extended use of the serum at that point, either."

"I see well the serum while somewhat costly to produce is still cheaper than other known methods to hold a mage's powers captive other than holding them directly and that takes constant time and effort which is a cost in itself, so the serum have been used quite a bit...but if it is proven to be dangerous that might change."
Harmony said and nodded.

He smiled sadly, "That's their loss, I suppose... Life is too short to be critical of others' private lives; indeed, I believe love in all its expressions should be encouraged. Provided, of course, the participants are willing and able to offer consent."

"Agreed, I wish more thought like you do Mr Wainwright, it is no one else's business how someone love as long as everyone involved are able to give their consent."
The Cultist said and nodded approvingly she even offered a slight smile.

He frowned, "Also, the strain each injection puts on the muscle is... ridiculously painful. And liable to cause lasting damage if one is not careful; one thing is in a large, full-grown, well-trained muscle, but she is... so young and slender; the risk of damage is so much greater."

Harmony frowned.
"Yes while I have never used that serum myself, from what I can guess at seeing such an injection prepared it vastly exceeds the recommended maximum for a inter muscular injection for a child, there are a few older forms of antibiotics we still keep on hand when the newer ones don't work, since they are not in regular use anymore most modern strains are not resistant to them, but the few times we have to give such a shot to a child we often see pretty bad bruising and damage to the muscle it is set in...unfortunately we at times see that with some vaccinations as well since this country's vaccination program further the wealth of drug companies more than the welfare of children, giving a child six shots at once will put a strain on their musculature, luckily most of the time it is three to five shots but even that is to many...so yes I have seen sun damage and I would not want your apprentice to be hurt."
The Cultist said she sounded frustrated with the current system.

He nodded, "With both cuffs on the same wrist, that should at least make it a little harder to escape, since the leverage is lost, but nevertheless..."

"She can use her other hand for leverage can she not?"
Harmony said and raised an eyebrow.
"She have fingers to grip with I assume."

He shook his head, "Master Adimari insisted on testing them before subjecting prisoners to them - her description of the pain they induced, far above and beyond what a few pinpricks should be able to do - was quite graphic and unpalatable."

"That it is indeed not something that a prisoner should be exposed to."
Harmony agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "I fully understand... All the same, I have to ask, for the sake of my apprentice. I... failed her in the past; I should very much like to avoid doing so in the future. But there's no obligation on you to help."

"I understand your sentiment I do."
The Cultist said and sigh.
"I...want to help but it is not a easy thing that you ask..."

He nodded, "I might be back later today, or at the very latest tomorrow, to bring my apprentice home after the fight is settled... And you do have my number; if you would give me a call once you've decided, I would appreciate it."

"I will talk it over with my wife and give you my answer."
Harmony said and nodded she seamed a bit conflicted about your request and glanced over at Heather.

He smiled, "The Umbrood Lord was reunited with her child - so that ended remarkably well in any case. The two of us have an accord."

"I am glad to hear it Mr Wainwright, even spirits deserve to be with the ones they love...and yes we do have an accord for now."
Harmony said and nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "Thank you. If you will excuse me, then, I must return to the fray. And if there's anything I can do for you, do let me know."
He smoothly collected his items, bowed to the women, and made his way back to Adley, Francesca and Serge.

"Very well and thank you, if I agree to letting you rent the collar I will think of a fair price to ask, I do not want to exploit the situation it would not be right."
Harmony said. Heather glanced at the monocles again and smiled to you.
"They are beautiful Sir."
She said and Heather gave her a stern look, clearly the blond Cultist was not allowed to speak without permission and Heather quickly looked down and she looked quite apologetic.

You got back to your Chantrymates, they seamed to be discussing whatever or not to get Adjan and who to ask to teleport you all back to Steelhaven.

Serge:

"I have no problem going although I still don't know anybody here and nobody knows me. It may be faster just to send one of you guys. The people her already know and trust you." Serge said.

"I can ask Master Harris, poor man he must be feeling like a taxi by now."
Francesca offered.

Serge looked back at Colin as he approached and smiled.

"Hey! My name is Serge Yager." Serge said introducing himself despite the dire situations. He had already experienced the trouble with not introducing yourself.

"It is polite to introduce yourself with your Tradition to a fellow mage."
Francesca whispered to you when you spoke to Colin, she was just reminding you in a friendly tone of voice about common courtesy among the Awakened she was not trying to embarrass you.

As your group stood there talking you saw a tall, quite beautiful woman with the greenest eyes you had ever seen long raven black hair hurry down the stairs. The woman was talking on the phone and she looked like she had just thrown a dress on, she had been in the shower and her knee length black hair was soaking wet behind here and dripping everywhere and she held two daggers in her sheaths in one hand, there where an urgency in her voice.
"No...do not back them into a corner just get down there and try to diffuse the situation...no staking them will not be easy, actually getting a piece of wood through the ribs of a fighting man intent on ripping your throat out is allot harder than it looks like on film, if you can hold them down with magick you can try if not then try to herd them into rooms and close the door...not the same room they might attack one another and it is not a good way for any of them to go...yes I will be there shortly I see the members of your Chantry right now Master Sharaya..."
She said as she hurried towards your group, looking very much the image of some fantasy sorceress with her long flowing hair and old fashioned dress.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 27 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Anja's Post:

On seeing the cryptid seemingly making another attempt to get past her, Nicole gave it a snarl and shook her head; hopefully making it clear it was not going to get though. If that didn't work, force it would have to be.

[Attempting Intimidation, then another Brawl roll if the former fails].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Francesca whispered to you when you spoke to Colin, she was just reminding you in a friendly tone of voice about common courtesy among the Awakened she was not trying to embarrass you.

"That is...very true. You'd think after 5 years I'd know those basics. Thanks for the reminder." Serge said with a nod.

Looking back at Colin, Serge held up his Cult of Ecstasy Ring and said, "Just FYI I'm from the Cult of Ecstasy."

As your group stood there talking you saw a tall, quite beautiful woman with the greenest eyes you had ever seen long raven black hair hurry down the stairs. The woman was talking on the phone and she looked like she had just thrown a dress on, she had been in the shower and her knee length black hair was soaking wet behind here and dripping everywhere and she held two daggers in her sheaths in one hand, there where an urgency in her voice.
"No...do not back them into a corner just get down there and try to diffuse the situation...no staking them will not be easy, actually getting a piece of wood through the ribs of a fighting man intent on ripping your throat out is allot harder than it looks like on film, if you can hold them down with magick you can try if not then try to herd them into rooms and close the door...not the same room they might attack one another and it is not a good way for any of them to go...yes I will be there shortly I see the members of your Chantry right now Master Sharaya..."
She said as she hurried towards your group, looking very much the image of some fantasy sorceress with her long flowing hair and old fashioned dress.

As the women walked towards the group, Serge spoke nervously to her saying, "Sorry I couldn't help but overhear your conversation and I couldn't help but hear mentions of wooden stakes, throat-ripping, and Master Sharaya. I'm probably not going to like the answer but somethings happened at Steelhaven hasn't it?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Colin smiled, "No apology needed... Hum, yes, I think I might be able to help you with that stiff upper lip; it's a matter of attitude more than anything else. We'll need to get you some proper suits, and wean you of that ghastly coffee in favour of some proper tea, though."
He laughed. "Well, I do have some suit jackets, you know the type, second-hand, patches on the elbows, standard professor attire. I doubt you would qualify them as belonging to a suit. Hell, I'll need an entire new wardrobe by the end of this anyway, the amount of clothing I've ruined. But a small concern, for now. I admit that usually, instant coffee tastes poorly, but fresh brew is nice...I'll tell you what, I'll drink some tea, if you try actually good coffee."
"Woah dude do you have, like, a shield around you?" Serge said pushing at the air around Adley. "Actually, forget I said that. Now is not the time to ask stuff like that."
The feeling, if Serge pushed gently and not as if an attack, was fairly negligible but the harder he tried to to touch him, there was a tingle of more resistance in turn. Adley raised an eyebrow at him, as if what he was asking was either obvious or answered by his own test.
"Just tell me where Adjan is and I can run and get him." Francesca said. "Mr Wainwright is right over where talking with those women that I think are Cultists." She said and pointed. "What if you get him and I get Adjan to speed things up?"
"Calling him would be faster, then we can all get to the gate room," he said. "Please ask him to come down here. I'd rather avoid us all running around and losing one another again."

"Which one of us should talk with a teleporter, we could send Mr Yager here..." The Euthanathos suggested. "Or I can drop by the computer room and look for Master Harris on my way to get Adjan..."
"I have no problem going although I still don't know anybody here and nobody knows me. It may be faster just to send one of you guys. The people her already know and trust you." Serge said.
He pulled out his phone. "I'll talk to the teleporters," he said.
(Colin) smoothly collected his items, bowed to the women, and made his way back to Adley, Francesca and Serge.
"Hey! My name is Serge Yager." Serge said introducing himself despite the dire situations. He had already experienced the trouble with not introducing yourself. "In case you didn't know, Steelhaven will be attacked and this is the picture that foretells it. Serge said quickly holding out his copy of the prophetic picture. "I don't have the time to go over it in detail. We should probably get the last member of your party and talk to a teleporter quickly so we can hurry back home while we still have a home."
"No...do not back them into a corner just get down there and try to diffuse the situation...no staking them will not be easy, actually getting a piece of wood through the ribs of a fighting man intent on ripping your throat out is allot harder than it looks like on film, if you can hold them down with magick you can try if not then try to herd them into rooms and close the door...not the same room they might attack one another and it is not a good way for any of them to go...yes I will be there shortly I see the members of your Chantry right now Master Sharaya..." She said as she hurried towards your group, looking very much the image of some fantasy sorceress with her long flowing hair and old fashioned dress
"Crap..." he said, as he saw Christina walking down and discussing vampires and also Narim, a look of worry passing over his face. Someone had unstaked the vampires and they were freaking out, that much was clear...he recalled Serge's picture with a scowl.
As the women walked towards the group, Serge spoke nervously to her saying, "Sorry I couldn't help but overhear your conversation and I couldn't help but hear mentions of wooden stakes, throat-ripping, and Master Sharaya. I'm probably not going to like the answer but somethings happened at Steelhaven hasn't it?"
"If we're 'ported into that, stay behind my shield and do not engage with the vampires unless you know some battle magick. What she just said is quite true," he said.

// alright, with a little juggling here and there let's see if we can get everyone together and ported lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Nicole:

The cryptid flat out ignored your attempt at intimidating him, clearly the fire in the corridor that was making the place rather smoke filled as this was in a basement, was far more scary to him than you where and he just flew at you, and while he was pretty small he where unnaturally strong and if he got a good punch in it would hurt not to mention that those teeth of his would do some harm, lucky for you though the creature was more scared than aggressive and he was just striking out to get you out of the way rather than with any intent to kill, if he even had any intent in that maddened state he was in.

(Manipulation plus intimidation 3 5 5 6. I can make an attack roll for you but you have to describe how Nicole try to attack the cryptid first.)

Serge, Adley and Colin:

"That is...very true. You'd think after 5 years I'd know those basics. Thanks for the reminder." Serge said with a nod.

Francesca looked like she wanted to remind you about the whole bani thing...but she apparently decided that what you said where good enough and left it at that.

The black haired woman took the phone a bit away from her ear for a moment and regarded you, she did not know you or if she could trust you then she sigh.
"Yes it did, someone set two panicked vampires loose in the basement and are using that as a distraction while holding another Chantry member hostage...but who are you Sir? Well no matter...we need to go now...how many should I tell Master Sharaya that are coming?"
She said and shook her head there where little time for introductions.

"Calling him would be faster, then we can all get to the gate room," he said. "Please ask him to come down here. I'd rather avoid us all running around and losing one another again."

"Yeah ehm...good idea..."
Francesca said and she fished out her phone out of her teddy bear purse and dialed a number.
"Hey yeah it is me...ehm we need to go now...oh you are coming down? Ok we are in the cafeteria...see you in a bit then..."
The Euthanathos said then she turned to you.
"He is on his way now Mr Roth Hicks..."

"If we're 'ported into that, stay behind my shield and do not engage with the vampires unless you know some battle magick. What she just said is quite true," he said.

"I am sorry if I am barking order but, well if those vampires are loosing control in a basement full of mages something have to be done fast or someone will end up dead, them included..."
Kristina said and nodded.
"Master Sharaya will teleport us as soon as I tell him how many are going he called me a few moments ago to ask for advice in this situation...once we get down where we need to assess the situation if there is something there adding to their fear, a open fire for example it need to be put out and everyone need to be pulled back...there is an added complication, someone have taken a hostage down there, the hostage being a man named Andrew...and we need to calm down these vampires and take out that hostage taker before things get completely under control."
The Verbena said then she looked at Adley.
"Can you grab them and hold them down with magick if need be, or create controlled flamed that could be used to herd them where we want them? I would like to do this without Karl I assume it is or the other vampire becoming to hurt..."
She said Francesca looked rather worried.
"This is happening now Mrs Knox? I have to say though a hostage taker, vampires freaking out that is allot of noise, do any of the rest of you get the creeping feeling all of that mess might be a distraction for something...worse?"
She asked and nervously pulled at one of her long curls then let it go so it bounced back into it's corkscrew shape.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:57 pm

He laughed. "Well, I do have some suit jackets, you know the type, second-hand, patches on the elbows, standard professor attire. I doubt you would qualify them as belonging to a suit. Hell, I'll need an entire new wardrobe by the end of this anyway, the amount of clothing I've ruined. But a small concern, for now. I admit that usually, instant coffee tastes poorly, but fresh brew is nice...I'll tell you what, I'll drink some tea, if you try actually good coffee."
Colin grinned, "I'll bring you along to my tailor when next I go - which will be tomorrow, if all goes well. And I do drink coffee on occasion - I've even had some quite excellent coffee on occasion, though I'm afraid the type served by Security Chiefs, or what Virtual Adepts make from dust don't quite make the cut."

"I see well the serum while somewhat costly to produce is still cheaper than other known methods to hold a mage's powers captive other than holding them directly and that takes constant time and effort which is a cost in itself, so the serum have been used quite a bit...but if it is proven to be dangerous that might change."
Harmony said and nodded.
He nodded, "While I will admit he serum is... expedient for taking prisoners, it would not be ethical to use it to hold them."

Harmony frowned.
"Yes while I have never used that serum myself, from what I can guess at seeing such an injection prepared it vastly exceeds the recommended maximum for a inter muscular injection for a child, there are a few older forms of antibiotics we still keep on hand when the newer ones don't work, since they are not in regular use anymore most modern strains are not resistant to them, but the few times we have to give such a shot to a child we often see pretty bad bruising and damage to the muscle it is set in...unfortunately we at times see that with some vaccinations as well since this country's vaccination program further the wealth of drug companies more than the welfare of children, giving a child six shots at once will put a strain on their musculature, luckily most of the time it is three to five shots but even that is to many...so yes I have seen sun damage and I would not want your apprentice to be hurt."
The Cultist said she sounded frustrated with the current system.
He frowned, "Yes, I've already had this discussion with... a nurse. It's a reckless method of doing it."

"She can use her other hand for leverage can she not?"
Harmony said and raised an eyebrow.
"She have fingers to grip with I assume."
He nodded, "That is so - but it's not the same leverage as if she were pulling her wrists apart while on an adrenaline rush. Meticulously twisting her hand free of two cuffs is a little more cumbersome work - especially if she has to unhinge her thumb for it - than yanking her hand free and breaking the thumb in the process. And it... rather takes a different sort of person to deliberately break their own thumb."

"I understand your sentiment I do."
The Cultist said and sigh.
"I...want to help but it is not a easy thing that you ask..."
He nodded, "Of course it isn't - if it weren't a matter of lifesaving seriousness, asking you to lend me your wedding band to control my apprentice would be outright preposterous."

"I will talk it over with my wife and give you my answer."
Harmony said and nodded she seamed a bit conflicted about your request and glanced over at Heather.
He nodded, "Thank you."

"I am glad to hear it Mr Wainwright, even spirits deserve to be with the ones they love...and yes we do have an accord for now."
He smiled, "No, I mean the spirit and I have... ah, thank you."

"Very well and thank you, if I agree to letting you rent the collar I will think of a fair price to ask, I do not want to exploit the situation it would not be right."
Harmony said. Heather glanced at the monocles again and smiled to you.
"They are beautiful Sir."
She said and Heather gave her a stern look, clearly the blond Cultist was not allowed to speak without permission and Heather quickly looked down and she looked quite apologetic.
He arched an eyebrow ever so briefly, then smiled back at Heather and nodded to Harmony, "I appreciate the praise - but aside from the fine sigils engraved where the glass meets the silver, these are quite plain, representative of the simpler functional end of my spectrum of commissionable pieces. But yes, custom Foci is certainly on the list, from silver Zippo cases to pendulums to, well, wands and rings with elaborate engravings."

"Hey! My name is Serge Yager." Serge said introducing himself despite the dire situations. He had already experienced the trouble with not introducing yourself.

Looking back at Colin, Serge held up his Cult of Ecstasy Ring and said, "Just FYI I'm from the Cult of Ecstasy."
He arched an eyebrow ever so slightly, then grinned broadly, the scars that looked as though someone or something had at some point torn most of his face on and sewn it back together with only Frankenstein movies as a guide stretching almost in an eerie manner, and he cast Francesca a mock-dirty look, "Well met, Mr. Yager. I'm Colin Wainwright. So you're the newest member of Steelhaven Hall, come to retrieve us, then?"

"Crap..." he said, as he saw Christina walking down and discussing vampires and also Narim, a look of worry passing over his face. Someone had unstaked the vampires and they were freaking out, that much was clear...he recalled Serge's picture with a scowl.
He frowned as he heard Christina's half of the conversation, "Oh, bugger... the attack has already begun... and a dirty trick, at that. How'd they get into... nevermind."

The black haired woman took the phone a bit away from her ear for a moment and regarded you, she did not know you or if she could trust you then she sigh.
"Yes it did, someone set two panicked vampires loose in the basement and are using that as a distraction while holding another Chantry member hostage...but who are you Sir? Well no matter...we need to go now...how many should I tell Master Sharaya that are coming?"
He frowned, "Bugger, I absolutely have to deliver... Shit, no time, I'll have to ask someone else for that... Mrs. Knox, can you point to someone trustworthy to deliver to documents to Master Min, and one to Lady Arden?"
He quickly scrawled out a message in his notebook, 'Master Min, I would have asked you this in person, but things became a little hectic before I could come by your office. Would it be legal for me to let you know that the Jade Demon regrets the pain he has caused you by taking Bi Ling into his household, and that he is willing to meet you on the field of honour, restraining himself to an even match in terms of what power he will field, and that if you should defeat him under such circumstances, he will accept whatever fate you decide for him? He did say that he repays his debts, be they in coin or blood.'
He tore out the note and took out two of the complaint forms he'd filled in, neatly folding the note into one of them, "The form with the note inside must go to Master Min, the other must be dropped off in Lady Arden's inbox..."

"I am sorry if I am barking order but, well if those vampires are loosing control in a basement full of mages something have to be done fast or someone will end up dead, them included..."
"Master Sharaya will teleport us as soon as I tell him how many are going he called me a few moments ago to ask for advice in this situation...once we get down where we need to assess the situation if there is something there adding to their fear, a open fire for example it need to be put out and everyone need to be pulled back...there is an added complication, someone have taken a hostage down there, the hostage being a man named Andrew...and we need to calm down these vampires and take out that hostage taker before things get completely under control."
"Can you grab them and hold them down with magick if need be, or create controlled flamed that could be used to herd them where we want them? I would like to do this without Karl I assume it is or the other vampire becoming to hurt..."
"This is happening now Mrs Knox? I have to say though a hostage taker, vampires freaking out that is allot of noise, do any of the rest of you get the creeping feeling all of that mess might be a distraction for something...worse?"
She asked and nervously pulled at one of her long curls then let it go so it bounced back into it's corkscrew shape.
He frowned, "Whoever is taking a hostage is almost certainly doing it to draw attention... The hostage taker isn't going anywhere while negotiations are happening - Chief Morgan needs to check on our other VIP rooms instead of sending reinforcements to the cellar. As for creating flames - I can make some fairly precise primal flames that look outright horrible, and which should be able to herd the vampires in the direction I so choose, though I should prefer not to cause them any further panic... What we need is a telepath to send them calming sensations, I think, rather than trying to use brute force. If memory serves, our vampiric guests are quite friendly and manageable when they're in full control of their faculties..."

((OOC: Okay, now I am momentarily at a loss here, but Colin shouldn't be... One of our vampires would be Mr. Lenoe, I believe? Adley's colleague, who'd accidentally begun poisoning his Mage protegé. Who's the other one at Steelhaven, again?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:06 pm

"Uh well if your included then six. Me, Miss Mundis, Mr Roth Hicks, Mr, Wainworth, Mr.Terach, and you. Unless their are more people here that I didn't know about." Serge said still reacting to the fact that Steelhaven was getting attacked.

Colin wrote:What we need is a telepath to send them calming sensations, I think, rather than trying to use brute force. If memory serves, our vampiric guests are quite friendly and manageable when they're in full control of their faculties..."

"I can calm down the vampires." Serge said sheepishly not sure if he should be offering to join the fight. "I'm a disciple of Mind and if those vampires were originally friendly than it shouldn't be too hard to bring back those emotions. In fact I think I can just use my ring for that sort of magic." Serge said toying with the ring on his finger.

"Flowers are always symbolic of happiness and lillies in particular symbolize friendship."

"Yeah I got that feeling as well. We already know that the Nephandi want three very specific things and I bet you anything that this is just a distraction to get those items. But if there is a hostage than we can't really take any chances can we?" Serge replied equally as nervous.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:49 pm

He nodded, "While I will admit he serum is... expedient for taking prisoners, it would not be ethical to use it to hold them."

"Agreed for taking prisoners or getting control over someone in a Quiet, as an emergency measure right then and there the serum is fine but it is not a humane way to keep a prisoner over the long run."

He frowned, "Yes, I've already had this discussion with... a nurse. It's a reckless method of doing it."

"Indeed, if I and Heather ever have children or if we take young apprentices that sort of bullshit is not going to happen, they will be vaccinated yes, but not that many and once and not over fifty vaccines at all, and if some school district insist then they can go and fuck themselves...if you excuse my language Sir."
The Cultist muttered angrily.

He nodded, "That is so - but it's not the same leverage as if she were pulling her wrists apart while on an adrenaline rush. Meticulously twisting her hand free of two cuffs is a little more cumbersome work - especially if she has to unhinge her thumb for it - than yanking her hand free and breaking the thumb in the process. And it... rather takes a different sort of person to deliberately break their own thumb."

Harmony nodded.
"If she have to hurt herself to get free that is one thing however many women and especially girl children are quite flexible."
She said and to demonstrate she held up her long, slender hand, folded the thumb in on the palm and just pressed a little, the widest part of the Cultist's hand was only marginally thicker than her wrist.
"It vary from person to person how thick the bone of their wrist is compared to the hand itself, but for me when having a go at the other side in clubs unless the top used multiple points point restraints I could always get free unless he or she fastened the ropes or cuffs tight enough to cut of circulation, with Heather though she have tiny wrists and plump hands so with her there is never any problem."
She said and brought said plump hand up to her lips to kiss them lovingly. Heather smiles a little but did not speak.

He nodded, "Of course it isn't - if it weren't a matter of lifesaving seriousness, asking you to lend me your wedding band to control my apprentice would be outright preposterous."

"I understand that Mr Wainwright and I also understand the difficult situation you are in, which force me to make a difficult choice, I just wish the situation was not what it is."
Harmony said and sigh.

He smiled, "No, I mean the spirit and I have... ah, thank you."

The two Cultists grinned a little at that.

He arched an eyebrow ever so briefly, then smiled back at Heather and nodded to Harmony, "I appreciate the praise - but aside from the fine sigils engraved where the glass meets the silver, these are quite plain, representative of the simpler functional end of my spectrum of commissionable pieces. But yes, custom Foci is certainly on the list, from silver Zippo cases to pendulums to, well, wands and rings with elaborate engravings."

"Hum...Heather is a rune mage of the Hagalaz group, I have considered getting her a set of runes inlaid with silver is this something you might be able to make Mr Wainwright?"
Harmony said and nodded appreciative that you where directing your attention to her and not to Heather and thanked her for the other Cultist's praise of your foci.

and he cast Francesca a mock-dirty look, "Well met, Mr. Yager. I'm Colin Wainwright. So you're the newest member of Steelhaven Hall, come to retrieve us, then?"

Francesca just grinned at you though worry over what was happening back home where casting shadows over her mood obviously.

He frowned as he heard Christina's half of the conversation, "Oh, bugger... the attack has already begun... and a dirty trick, at that. How'd they get into... nevermind."

Kristina looked at you and gave you a dark concerned look as she was on the phone.
"Yeah most of us are here now...we will try to find a way to diffuse the situation Master Sharaya."

He frowned, "Bugger, I absolutely have to deliver... Shit, no time, I'll have to ask someone else for that... Mrs. Knox, can you point to someone trustworthy to deliver to documents to Master Min, and one to Lady Arden?"
He quickly scrawled out a message in his notebook, 'Master Min, I would have asked you this in person, but things became a little hectic before I could come by your office. Would it be legal for me to let you know that the Jade Demon regrets the pain he has caused you by taking Bi Ling into his household, and that he is willing to meet you on the field of honour, restraining himself to an even match in terms of what power he will field, and that if you should defeat him under such circumstances, he will accept whatever fate you decide for him? He did say that he repays his debts, be they in coin or blood.'
He tore out the note and took out two of the complaint forms he'd filled in, neatly folding the note into one of them, "The form with the note inside must go to Master Min, the other must be dropped off in Lady Arden's inbox..."

Kristina nodded she waved over a pale girl with short pixie hair that was a shade of dark blond or light brown so it was hard to determine which it was, she was wearing a tshirt showing a cat looking at the moon, ripped jeans and an ankh on a chain around her neck.
"Codee can you deliver these documents from Mr Wainwright to my Mentor and to Master Min please, the one with the note go to Master Min."
The Verbena said before she listened to something else Narim had to say over the phone. The girl named Codee nodded and held out her hand.
"Yeah sure thing."
She said and glanced at you.
"I can do it right away Sir."

He frowned, "Whoever is taking a hostage is almost certainly doing it to draw attention... The hostage taker isn't going anywhere while negotiations are happening - Chief Morgan needs to check on our other VIP rooms instead of sending reinforcements to the cellar.

Kristina nodded darkly and relayed the message to Master Sharaya.

As for creating flames - I can make some fairly precise primal flames that look outright horrible, and which should be able to herd the vampires in the direction I so choose, though I should prefer not to cause them any further panic...

"Agreed I do not want to scare them more than they already are...and if the situation can be calmed down given the time of day they will likely fall back asleep when they no longer feel threatened, at which point they can be...secured again in as humane a way as possible however if we can not calm them down then we need to get them away from where they can end up hurting themselves and others."
Kristina told you and nodded.

What we need is a telepath to send them calming sensations, I think, rather than trying to use brute force. If memory serves, our vampiric guests are quite friendly and manageable when they're in full control of their faculties..."

"The man named Karl is at least, a most plesant fellow...hum well if their fear can be calmed down perhaps that will be enough to help them regain their reason enough that they can be talked down."
She said and nodded.

"Uh well if your included then six. Me, Miss Mundis, Mr Roth Hicks, Mr, Wainworth, Mr.Terach, and you." Serge said still reacting to the fact that Steelhaven was getting attacked.

"Thank you...ehm did you get that Master Sharaya, six, yes you can use my phone as the focal point for the rote but we are still one short."
Kristina said then she glanced at Serge.
"Yes I am coming along, I have some experience with vampires..."
She said politely.

"I can calm down the vampires." Serge said sheepishly not sure if he should be offering to join the fight. "I'm a disciple of Mind and if those vampires were originally friendly than it shouldn't be too hard to bring back those emotions. In fact I think I can just use my ring for that sort of magic." Serge said toying with the ring on his finger.

"Flowers are always symbolic of happiness and lillies in particular symbolize friendship."

"If they are enraged then perhaps bringing back the feelings of well if not friendliness then at least a modicum of trust however I suspect they are not enraged they are scared. Think of horses fleeing out of burning barn, what they need is to be calmed down enough they they can be talked to."

"Yeah I got that feeling as well. We already know that the Nephandi want three very specific things and I bet you anything that this is just a distraction to get those items. But if there is a hostage than we can't really take any chances can we?" Serge replied equally as nervous.

"We are going to have to do everything in our power to save Andrew yes, however if the choice is between one life and letting the Nephandi getting an advantage we might not have the luxury of choosing his life of the safety of everyone."
Francesca said as she pulled a rattle made of carved bone out of her teddy bear purse.
"But we certainly are going to try to save him and yes I do suspect this mess with the vampires are a ploy, I do hope something else is not going wrong somewhere else in the Chantry but I have a sinking feeling that they are."
The death magus commented sourly.

As you stood talking you saw Adjan come sprinting down the stairs, Crexia was right behind him and while running she managed to still look like a dignified queen. Ajan was a tall man with dust blond, shoulder length hair in a ponytail, steel gray eyes and a sharp face with thin lips, high cheekbones and kind if sad eyes he was wearing a long, back leather duster, a black turtle neck sweater and thorn and bloody black jeans. Crexia was a very short woman, she was elegant with a pretty, heart shaped face, large gray eyes, auburn hair in a complicated bun and wearing a long green dress, she looked like a queen and behaved like one as well.
"I heard...there is trouble..."
Adjan gasped as he reached your group.
"Explain later let us go now."
He said then he glanced at you, clearly wanting to ask who you where but there was little time for that as he drew his gun.
"Just tell me what I need to know please."
He asked.

Crexia walked over to Colin and handed him a medical tube with a bright blue liquid, she looked a bit nervous as she did so but she handed it over regardless.
"I will not keep you Mr Wainwright...but here and be careful with it..."
She said as she stepped a bit away so anyone targeting your group for teleporting would not get her as well.
"Good luck everyone and stay safe."
She said hastily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:58 pm

"Indeed, if I and Heather ever have children or if we take young apprentices that sort of bullshit is not going to happen, they will be vaccinated yes, but not that many and once and not over fifty vaccines at all, and if some school district insist then they can go and fuck themselves...if you excuse my language Sir."
The Cultist muttered angrily.
He smiled thinly, "I am originally British - and despite serving a tour of duty with the RAF in Iraq, the number of vaccines I've received was nowhere near fifty... and the number of injections even lower, owing to the higher rate of multi-purpose vaccines like the MMR shot. While I believe a solid vaccine regimen should be in place, the American way of doing it like on an assembly line is... well, it's the Union's methodology at its finest, I suppose."

Harmony nodded.
"If she have to hurt herself to get free that is one thing however many women and especially girl children are quite flexible."
She said and to demonstrate she held up her long, slender hand, folded the thumb in on the palm and just pressed a little, the widest part of the Cultist's hand was only marginally thicker than her wrist.
"It vary from person to person how thick the bone of their wrist is compared to the hand itself, but for me when having a go at the other side in clubs unless the top used multiple points point restraints I could always get free unless he or she fastened the ropes or cuffs tight enough to cut of circulation, with Heather though she have tiny wrists and plump hands so with her there is never any problem."
She said and brought said plump hand up to her lips to kiss them lovingly. Heather smiles a little but did not speak.
He smiled wryly, "Well, I certainly concede to your superior experience in the matter. Hum... perhaps a handcuff design with a loop to lock the thumb into place... but that, too, will take time to design and craft, and would be unsuitable for someone with at least a modicum of freedom."

"I understand that Mr Wainwright and I also understand the difficult situation you are in, which force me to make a difficult choice, I just wish the situation was not what it is."
Harmony said and sigh.
He nodded, "And I am sorry to put you on the spot like this. At the very least, I am glad to make your acquaintance."

"Hum...Heather is a rune mage of the Hagalaz group, I have considered getting her a set of runes inlaid with silver is this something you might be able to make Mr Wainwright?"
Harmony said and nodded appreciative that you where directing your attention to her and not to Heather and thanked her for the other Cultist's praise of your foci.
He nodded, "That should be quite easy... In fact, i think I still have a mold for the Futhark runes lying around in the workshop... I, ah, made a few sets for a Ren Fair a few years ago; made a pretty penny, too. Some of my Chantrymates might not quite understand the phenomenon, but it's an excellent opportunity for showing off my craft at, ehum, something of a markup, actually. The important question, of course, is what sort of material you would want for the framing - wood, stone, glass or other."

Kristina nodded she waved over a pale girl with short pixie hair that was a shade of dark blond or light brown so it was hard to determine which it was, she was wearing a tshirt showing a cat looking at the moon, ripped jeans and an ankh on a chain around her neck.
"Codee can you deliver these documents from Mr Wainwright to my Mentor and to Master Min please, the one with the note go to Master Min."
The Verbena said before she listened to something else Narim had to say over the phone. The girl named Codee nodded and held out her hand.
"Yeah sure thing."
She said and glanced at you.
"I can do it right away Sir."
He nodded, "Very good, miss Codee."
He handed her the documents, "It is important that Master Min receive the note, and that he... gets the time to think through the answer before he acts on it. Godspeed, miss."

"Agreed I do not want to scare them more than they already are...and if the situation can be calmed down given the time of day they will likely fall back asleep when they no longer feel threatened, at which point they can be...secured again in as humane a way as possible however if we can not calm them down then we need to get them away from where they can end up hurting themselves and others."
Kristina told you and nodded.
He frowned, "Worst case scenario, a headshot should stop them without lasting physical damage, though the emotional trauma might linger for some time... I should prefer to avoid that option, too..."

"The man named Karl is at least, a most plesant fellow...hum well if their fear can be calmed down perhaps that will be enough to help them regain their reason enough that they can be talked down."
She said and nodded.
He pondered, "The big question is whether they can be reached in their current state..."

"If they are enraged then perhaps bringing back the feelings of well if not friendliness then at least a modicum of trust however I suspect they are not enraged they are scared. Think of horses fleeing out of burning barn, what they need is to be calmed down enough they they can be talked to."
He nodded, "Good man - let's hope you can pull it off as quickly as necessary, then."

"We are going to have to do everything in our power to save Andrew yes, however if the choice is between one life and letting the Nephandi getting an advantage we might not have the luxury of choosing his life of the safety of everyone."
Francesca said as she pulled a rattle made of carved bone out of her teddy bear purse.
"But we certainly are going to try to save him and yes I do suspect this mess with the vampires are a ploy, I do hope something else is not going wrong somewhere else in the Chantry but I have a sinking feeling that they are."
The death magus commented sourly.
He frowned, "Depending on how the intruder tries to kill Andrew, I'd say there's a good chance of him getting out alive; most ways to kill someone takes up to several minutes, excepting massive brain damage, and if Master Nassa is in the Node chamber with Beatrice, he is one of the best and fastest working healers in Boston."

As you stood talking you saw Adjan come sprinting down the stairs, Crexia was right behind him and while running she managed to still look like a dignified queen. Ajan was a tall man with dust blond, shoulder length hair in a ponytail, steel gray eyes and a sharp face with thin lips, high cheekbones and kind if sad eyes he was wearing a long, back leather duster, a black turtle neck sweater and thorn and bloody black jeans. Crexia was a very short woman, she was elegant with a pretty, heart shaped face, large gray eyes, auburn hair in a complicated bun and wearing a long green dress, she looked like a queen and behaved like one as well.
"I heard...there is trouble..."
Adjan gasped as he reached your group.
"Explain later let us go now."
He said then he glanced at you, clearly wanting to ask who you where but there was little time for that as he drew his gun.
"Just tell me what I need to know please."
He asked.
He drew the gun he'd borrowed from Adjan and checked the magazine, slide and safety, "Intruder in the cellars, one hostage, and the vampires have apparently been unstaked and are frightened and confused... Likely a distraction from something happening elsewhere in the Chantry. Priorities would be to save hostage, sedate vampires and if possible, capture intruder alive."

Crexia walked over to Colin and handed him a medical tube with a bright blue liquid, she looked a bit nervous as she did so but she handed it over regardless.
"I will not keep you Mr Wainwright...but here and be careful with it..."
She said as she stepped a bit away so anyone targeting your group for teleporting would not get her as well.
She said hastily.
He frowned and nodded, slipping the vial carefully into his breast pocket, making sure it was stable and not pressed too hard against, "A little more padding would have been good... but i will protect it as best I can, and properly dispose of any remains. And thank you... I'll see you soon, I hope."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Colin grinned, "I'll bring you along to my tailor when next I go - which will be tomorrow, if all goes well. And I do drink coffee on occasion - I've even had some quite excellent coffee on occasion, though I'm afraid the type served by Security Chiefs, or what Virtual Adepts make from dust don't quite make the cut."
"I'll worry about my closet and bank account when we're not actively trying to save the world as we know it from destruction," he agreed with a nod. "On teacher's pay I can at least get you a good coffee, I owe you more than that, but it's a start."
"He's with us, apparently," he said.
"Yeah ehm...good idea..."
Francesca said and she fished out her phone out of her teddy bear purse and dialed a number.
"Hey yeah it is me...ehm we need to go now...oh you are coming down? Ok we are in the cafeteria...see you in a bit then..."
The Euthanathos said then she turned to you.
"He is on his way now Mr Roth Hicks..."
"Good."
"I am sorry if I am barking order but, well if those vampires are loosing control in a basement full of mages something have to be done fast or someone will end up dead, them included..." Kristina said and nodded. "Master Sharaya will teleport us as soon as I tell him how many are going he called me a few moments ago to ask for advice in this situation...once we get down where we need to assess the situation if there is something there adding to their fear, a open fire for example it need to be put out and everyone need to be pulled back...there is an added complication, someone have taken a hostage down there, the hostage being a man named Andrew...and we need to calm down these vampires and take out that hostage taker before things get completely under control."
"Uh well if your included then six. Me, Miss Mundis, Mr Roth Hicks, Mr, Wainworth, Mr.Terach, and you. Unless their are more people here that I didn't know about." Serge said still reacting to the fact that Steelhaven was getting attacked.
The Verbena said then she looked at Adley. "Can you grab them and hold them down with magick if need be, or create controlled flamed that could be used to herd them where we want them? I would like to do this without Karl I assume it is or the other vampire becoming to hurt..." She said Francesca looked rather worried.
He frowned, "Whoever is taking a hostage is almost certainly doing it to draw attention... The hostage taker isn't going anywhere while negotiations are happening - Chief Morgan needs to check on our other VIP rooms instead of sending reinforcements to the cellar. As for creating flames - I can make some fairly precise primal flames that look outright horrible, and which should be able to herd the vampires in the direction I so choose, though I should prefer not to cause them any further panic... What we need is a telepath to send them calming sensations, I think, rather than trying to use brute force. If memory serves, our vampiric guests are quite friendly and manageable when they're in full control of their faculties..."
"There could be three attacks based on that drawing to mask their real objective," he agreed, but there still needed to be someone to put out that fire and it looked like that was going to be them. He then looked at Serge as he suggested using magick on them. "These vampires have been staked and are scared; even if they were friendly before they are not in control of their emotions now If you can give them an idea of a safe place to go, such as an empty room or a blind end hall, that might work, then I can seal the door or end of the hall, or use magick to hold them," he suggested to him as Kristina explained the situation a bit more. As he saw Adjan and Crexia rocket down the stairs he nodded and stepped closer to Kristina to make room for everyone, ready to go as Colin gave them the rundown in a succinct manner.

// the other vampire is Karl, Tyler's childer

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:25 pm

She said and nodded.
Adley wrote:"These vampires have been staked and are scared; even if they were friendly before they are not in control of their emotions now If you can give them an idea of a safe place to go, such as an empty room or a blind end hall, that might work, then I can seal the door or end of the hall, or use magick to hold them," he suggested to him

"Yeah I should be able to do that. Give them calming thoughts to try and lessen the fear their feeling and give them ideas of safe places. If I put a bit of effort into it I could actually make them think that they are inside of an empty room, although that might freak them out even more. I'll focus on calming them down." Serge said opening his sketchbook and making a couple of rough drawings as to what exactly he wanted to do and thought about what emotions he wanted to evoke.

Colin wrote:He drew the gun he'd borrowed from Adjan and checked the magazine, slide and safety, "Intruder in the cellars, one hostage, and the vampires have apparently been unstaked and are frightened and confused... Likely a distraction from something happening elsewhere in the Chantry. Priorities would be to save hostage, sedate vampires and if possible, capture intruder alive."
She said hastily.

Serge simply nodded at the women and got together with everyone, not sure of what to say or think, he just concentrated on his magick and what he was going to do when face to face with a scared vampire.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:17 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole frankly couldn't give a shit how the cryptid felt. He wasn't leaving, and that was that. So as he came at her again, she swung her left fist into his chest, hoping to upset his balance...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:19 am

He smiled thinly, "I am originally British - and despite serving a tour of duty with the RAF in Iraq, the number of vaccines I've received was nowhere near fifty... and the number of injections even lower, owing to the higher rate of multi-purpose vaccines like the MMR shot. While I believe a solid vaccine regimen should be in place, the American way of doing it like on an assembly line is... well, it's the Union's methodology at its finest, I suppose."

"The problem is that USA vaccinate against illnesses that are not dangerous unless a person is extremely sick, as well as rare illnesses where group immunity really is not needed, not only do it cost parents allot, but we see the social effects of our nation have three times the rate of severely needle phobic children and adults than most other Western countries. Some of these vaccines are useful for someone like me who work in a big hospital, but are not worth the cost to include in general childhood vaccinations, at the same times important vaccines like the HPV often are not recommended as it gasp reminds parents that their twelve year olds one day will be having sex. Also most European researchers do not recommend three or more vaccines given at once other than some travel vaccines since it is not well enough documented that such an around do not overwhelm the patient's immune system, here in the USA the same people that sell us all of these vaccines are the same that tell us that many at once are perfectly safe."
Harmony said and snorted.
"The fox guarding the henhouse and selling chicken feed as well to fatten them up..."

He smiled wryly, "Well, I certainly concede to your superior experience in the matter. Hum... perhaps a handcuff design with a loop to lock the thumb into place... but that, too, will take time to design and craft, and would be unsuitable for someone with at least a modicum of freedom."

"Wider cuffs are better they are harder to sneak out of, but to be sure yes locking the thumb in place or also securing the elbows are really the only way to be sure, that being said someone restrained should be supervised and then one can see any such attempts as they do take a bit of time."
The Cultist said and smiled.

He nodded, "And I am sorry to put you on the spot like this. At the very least, I am glad to make your acquaintance."

"Likewise Mr Wainwright and I don't blame you I mean you have to do what you have to do to save your apprentice right..."
She said and nodded though she was clearly not happy about the situation.

He nodded, "That should be quite easy... In fact, i think I still have a mold for the Futhark runes lying around in the workshop... I, ah, made a few sets for a Ren Fair a few years ago; made a pretty penny, too. Some of my Chantrymates might not quite understand the phenomenon, but it's an excellent opportunity for showing off my craft at, ehum, something of a markup, actually. The important question, of course, is what sort of material you would want for the framing - wood, stone, glass or other."

"I love ren fairs they can be allot of fun and they often have some good quality handmade items on offer."
Harmony said then she leaned over to Heather and whispered a few questions to her before replying.
"Wood preferably black oak or ash would be best my wife tells me."
The Cultist said and nodded.

He nodded, "Very good, miss Codee."
He handed her the documents, "It is important that Master Min receive the note, and that he... gets the time to think through the answer before he acts on it. Godspeed, miss."

"I can not demand that Master Min react one way or another to the note Sir but I can deliver it to him."
Codee said and smiled.
"Bye Kristina see you later."
She said as she headed towards Min's office and Kristina nodded a little distracted.
"Yeah...later Codee thank you..."

He frowned, "Worst case scenario, a headshot should stop them without lasting physical damage, though the emotional trauma might linger for some time... I should prefer to avoid that option, too..."

Kristina shrugged at that.
"Staking is worse and they have already been going through that for some time now so it is a good enough solution though yes not an ideal one."

He pondered, "The big question is whether they can be reached in their current state..."

"They can, but it is not easy."
The Verbena healer commented.

He frowned, "Depending on how the intruder tries to kill Andrew, I'd say there's a good chance of him getting out alive; most ways to kill someone takes up to several minutes, excepting massive brain damage, and if Master Nassa is in the Node chamber with Beatrice, he is one of the best and fastest working healers in Boston."

"True that...I have myself experienced how Master Nassa can bring someone back to life with only the smallest hint of life remaining."
Francesca said bitterly.
"However I agree while keeping Andrew from harm is preferable if the situation can be ended quicker with for example shooting the intruder through him, he might be safer for it as Master Nassa will likely be able to save him."
She agreed.
"Beyond that though when it comes to stopping the Nephandi we are all expendable."

He drew the gun he'd borrowed from Adjan and checked the magazine, slide and safety, "Intruder in the cellars, one hostage, and the vampires have apparently been unstaked and are frightened and confused... Likely a distraction from something happening elsewhere in the Chantry. Priorities would be to save hostage, sedate vampires and if possible, capture intruder alive."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Got it..."
He said simply as he readied his weapon.

He frowned and nodded, slipping the vial carefully into his breast pocket, making sure it was stable and not pressed too hard against, "A little more padding would have been good... but i will protect it as best I can, and properly dispose of any remains. And thank you... I'll see you soon, I hope."

"There where little time to add more padding."
Crexia said simply and she frowned.
"Good luck, all of you."

"He's with us," he said. Hopefully that were true.

Kristina simply nodded at that.

"Yeah I should be able to do that. Give them calming thoughts to try and lessen the fear their feeling and give them ideas of safe places. If I put a bit of effort into it I could actually make them think that they are inside of an empty room, although that might freak them out even more. I'll focus on calming them down." Serge said opening his sketchbook and making a couple of rough drawings as to what exactly he wanted to do and thought about what emotions he wanted to evoke.

"No, an empty room will not freak them out more not in the condition they are in right now. Ok how to explain this...you know our Avatars right, some see them as our higher selves, our most advanced parts that see to bring us to enlightenment...imagine that vampires have exactly the same thing only opposite, a lower self, my husband describes it as a beast, an animal self concerned only with survival, when these being gets to hurt or desperate or are angered to much and especially when they come face to face with something that could kill them they can loose control, go into a berserk fight or flight mode where in one they will attack anything in sight in a mad, berserker rage and in the other they will flee out of control from the source of their fear, and just like a horse fleeing from a fire might run down a beloved rider, or run right of a cliff so can they end up hurting themselves or others in this condition and if they are led to belief that the threat is over, that they are safe, then eventually they will regain control and then we can talk them down the rest of the way."
Kristina explained quickly.

As he saw Adjan and Crexia rocket down the stairs he nodded and stepped closer to Kristina to make room for everyone, ready to go as Colin gave them the rundown in a succinct manner.

Serge simply nodded at the women and got together with everyone, not sure of what to say or think, he just concentrated on his magick and what he was going to do when face to face with a scared vampire.

"Let us provide cover for the kid...ehm sorry I did not catch your name...while he tries to calm the vampires..."
Kristina said...and then the world shifted and instead of the chatter of the cafeteria and exclaims about what was happening with your group...there where screams and chaos. Narim's teleportation was precise though off course it was still a bit of a jolt to suddenly be somewhere else. You stood in the small hub right outside the practical part of the basement, and there where just chaos inside the hallway. The closest thing you saw where a huge woman you had never seen before grappling with Mr Lenoe, the shy, little collage professor looking mad with fear, his fangs where out and he was making this sound, somewhere between a hiss and a scream that was really disturbing. A little further in Ty where slowly advancing on Karl, the latter was curled into a corner hissing at the large man black man who where trying to calm him down and he was just about ready to pounce. Both of the vampires had been burned and there was a raging fire in another corner of the corridor filling it with smoke. Darrian was there trying to calm his barking familiar down, the large black dog looked like he was just about to go berserk as well and the animal's mood clearly affected the alchemist who where backing away from the fire looking lost and rather useless at the moment. Helga was holding a gun aimed at a slender, handsome man. Serge will recognize him as the Nephandus he had spoken to just a little while earlier, now he was free and holding a teenager by the hair, pressing a knife to his throat, his freshly healed hand did seam to bother him but he looked rather confident at the same time. Kyle and Gloria where shouting from their make shift cells, asking what was going on one in English and the other in old fashioned Latin, and from Gloria's cell a young girl where crying. Diego where laughing manically from his cell though his gag and Ulv where demanding to be set free so he could help his Chantry. All in all the cacophony where overwhelming.

From the stairs Antonio, Ingmar, Anton and Dion came running looking rather confused.
"What in the love of fuck is going on?"
Ingmar demanded before he let out a series of curses in German, cursing always sounded best in German.

Nicole frankly couldn't give a shit how the cryptid felt. He wasn't leaving, and that was that. So as he came at her again, she swung her left fist into his chest, hoping to upset his balance...

The cryptid had a gaping chest wound and as you hit him in the chest full force some of the damaged ribs came loose and one side of his chest collapsed, the man howled in pain, he was still on his feet though but in his panicled state he wanted to get away from the pain and he rushed into the room again colliding with Helga so she loosed a shot at the roof before she tumbled to the ground with the maddened cryptid over her, hurt and desperate he sought to feed, whatever he needed to stay alive and the short haired woman had some hassle trying to keep the man from her throat.

(OOC: Strength plus Brawl: 3, 2, 7, 7, 7, 9 some back and forth with Mr Lenoe's soak you did four points of bashing damage to him, made worse by his pre existing stake wound. I do not feel like posting all the back and forth rolling though.)

(OOC 2: I am sorry for the late reply I had a bellyache and decided to take a break posting just to lay down for five minutes and woke up several hours later. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:54 am

"No, an empty room will not freak them out more not in the condition they are in right now. Ok how to explain this...you know our Avatars right, some see them as our higher selves, our most advanced parts that see to bring us to enlightenment...imagine that vampires have exactly the same thing only opposite, a lower self, my husband describes it as a beast, an animal self concerned only with survival, when these being gets to hurt or desperate or are angered to much and especially when they come face to face with something that could kill them they can loose control, go into a berserk fight or flight mode where in one they will attack anything in sight in a mad, berserker rage and in the other they will flee out of control from the source of their fear, and just like a horse fleeing from a fire might run down a beloved rider, or run right of a cliff so can they end up hurting themselves or others in this condition and if they are led to belief that the threat is over, that they are safe, then eventually they will regain control and then we can talk them down the rest of the way."
Kristina explained quickly.

Serge listened carefully as he doodled in his sketchbook. "I get what your saying. Right now their inner beasts have taken over and their in fight or flight mode and it won't stop until they think the danger is gone. If i can make them believe that the danger is gone and calm down their inner rage then they should go back to normal right?" Serge said finishing the small touches on his picture which seemed to be just a simple cube with two plain people in the middle of it. Although those two people did have noticeable fangs protruding from their mouths.

"Let us provide cover for the kid...ehm sorry I did not catch your name...while he tries to calm the vampires..."
Kristina said...and then the world shifted and instead of the chatter of the cafeteria and exclaims about what was happening with your group...there where screams and chaos.

Serge was about to say his name when the teleport happened. Although he was caught off-guard, Serge remembered the feeling and was able to get his bearings quickly. What he didn't remember was the chaotic screaming and a quickly look at his surroundings told him quite clearly why the prophetic drawing mentioned the lack of time.

Narim's teleportation was precise though off course it was still a bit of a jolt to suddenly be somewhere else. You stood in the small hub right outside the practical part of the basement, and there where just chaos inside the hallway. The closest thing you saw where a huge woman you had never seen before grappling with Mr Lenoe, the shy, little collage professor looking mad with fear, his fangs where out and he was making this sound, somewhere between a hiss and a scream that was really disturbing. A little further in Ty where slowly advancing on Karl, the latter was curled into a corner hissing at the large man black man who where trying to calm him down and he was just about ready to pounce. Both of the vampires had been burned and there was a raging fire in another corner of the corridor filling it with smoke. Darrian was there trying to calm his barking familiar down, the large black dog looked like he was just about to go berserk as well and the animal's mood clearly affected the alchemist who where backing away from the fire looking lost and rather useless at the moment. Helga was holding a gun aimed at a slender, handsome man. Serge will recognize him as the Nephandus he had spoken to just a little while earlier, now he was free and holding a teenager by the hair, pressing a knife to his throat, his freshly healed hand did seam to bother him but he looked rather confident at the same time. Kyle and Gloria where shouting from their make shift cells, asking what was going on one in English and the other in old fashioned Latin, and from Gloria's cell a young girl where crying. Diego where laughing manically from his cell though his gag and Ulv where demanding to be set free so he could help his Chantry. All in all the cacophony where overwhelming.

Serge was quickly overwhelmed by the chaos and looking around he began to see familiar faces clashing with unfamiliar faces. He could see Siege, Kyle, and even the black dog he had passed by earlier in the morning. He could feel his own self-loathing creeping up to him in the back of his mind. He was clearly out of place here. However the sight of the fangs on Mr. Lenoe reminded Serge of the one job that he had to do. Now was not the time to tense up in fear. He shook his head and tried to forget the small fact that he wasn't a fighter and went to work.

Standing behind Adley and his shield, Serge placed a hand on the small doodle he had made right before he was teleported. It depicted two fanged stickmen housed within a simple cube, an empty cube, with no threats and nothing for them to fear. Breathing in slightly, Serge conjured up thoughts of calmness and serene bliss within his mind. Pushing down harder onto the piece of paper, Serge let his emotions and intentions travel from his mind and into the page and from the page he looked up and directed them to the crazed vampires.

(((OOC: Using a Mind 3 Effect to try and Calm Mr Lenoe down by sending him calming thoughts as well as to sending him "the threat to you is over" vibes to by getting him to temporarily forget about his burns and the fire in the corner and anything else that he could perceive as a threat. I will spend 1 willpower point to get one automatic success and 1 point of quintessence to lower the difficulty of the roll by 1.

Arete roll: 7, 10, 5.

If we can use the optional  dividing Successes Rule and if Karl is within range I would like to spend 1 of my successes to target the other vampire with the same effect.)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 am

"I'll worry about my closet and bank account when we're not actively trying to save the world as we know it from destruction," he agreed with a nod. "On teacher's pay I can at least get you a good coffee, I owe you more than that, but it's a start."
He grinned, "To be honest, I could not straight up afford my tailor, either, but we have an arrangement regarding cuff links, tie clips et cetera. And I think you would do well in a Tweed three-piece suit; make you look more distinguished."

"The problem is that USA vaccinate against illnesses that are not dangerous unless a person is extremely sick, as well as rare illnesses where group immunity really is not needed, not only do it cost parents allot, but we see the social effects of our nation have three times the rate of severely needle phobic children and adults than most other Western countries. Some of these vaccines are useful for someone like me who work in a big hospital, but are not worth the cost to include in general childhood vaccinations, at the same times important vaccines like the HPV often are not recommended as it gasp reminds parents that their twelve year olds one day will be having sex. Also most European researchers do not recommend three or more vaccines given at once other than some travel vaccines since it is not well enough documented that such an around do not overwhelm the patient's immune system, here in the USA the same people that sell us all of these vaccines are the same that tell us that many at once are perfectly safe."
Harmony said and snorted.
"The fox guarding the henhouse and selling chicken feed as well to fatten them up..."
He nodded, frowning, "The US healthcare system is poorly named all over... But, there's little we can do to change that from this cafeteria. Unfortunately, without short of a subtle spree of fatal 'accidents' for the insurance industry lobbyists, there's little to be done..."

"I love ren fairs they can be allot of fun and they often have some good quality handmade items on offer."
Harmony said then she leaned over to Heather and whispered a few questions to her before replying.
"Wood preferably black oak or ash would be best my wife tells me."
The Cultist said and nodded.
He pondered, "Hum, about thirty tiles, roughly an inch by three-quarters, and a fifth thick... Might have to order in the wood for that; I will send you a quote within a few working days, if that's alright?"

"I can not demand that Master Min react one way or another to the note Sir but I can deliver it to him."
Codee said and smiled.
"Bye Kristina see you later."
She said as she headed towards Min's office and Kristina nodded a little distracted.
"Yeah...later Codee thank you..."
He smiled, "No, but you can suggest he take a deep breath before and after reading."

Kristina shrugged at that.
"Staking is worse and they have already been going through that for some time now so it is a good enough solution though yes not an ideal one."
He frowned, "The poor fellow I shot in the storm drain... He looked scared and paralyzed after I shot him; if the two are already scared and confused, that's only going to exacerbate their state of mind, I fear..."

"True that...I have myself experienced how Master Nassa can bring someone back to life with only the smallest hint of life remaining."
Francesca said bitterly.
"However I agree while keeping Andrew from harm is preferable if the situation can be ended quicker with for example shooting the intruder through him, he might be safer for it as Master Nassa will likely be able to save him."
She agreed.
"Beyond that though when it comes to stopping the Nephandi we are all expendable."
He frowned, "I'm not sure I have the firepower to shoot through someone... I would need a higher powder charge than the 9mm Para standard for that."

"There where little time to add more padding."
"Good luck, all of you."
He nodded, "I know... Thank you."

He nodded, "Good. Hum, artist? Interesting..."

"There could be three attacks based on that drawing to mask their real objective," he agreed, but there still needed to be someone to put out that fire and it looked like that was going to be them. He then looked at Serge as he suggested using magick on them. "These vampires have been staked and are scared; even if they were friendly before they are not in control of their emotions now If you can give them an idea of a safe place to go, such as an empty room or a blind end hall, that might work, then I can seal the door or end of the hall, or use magick to hold them," he suggested to him as Kristina explained the situation a bit more. As he saw Adjan and Crexia rocket down the stairs he nodded and stepped closer to Kristina to make room for everyone, ready to go as Colin gave them the rundown in a succinct manner.
He frowned, "Adley, when we get there, if the fire is still on, can you choke it out quickly? I know it seems antithetical to your House to stop fire, but all the same..."

Kristina said...and then the world shifted and instead of the chatter of the cafeteria and exclaims about what was happening with your group...there where screams and chaos. Narim's teleportation was precise though off course it was still a bit of a jolt to suddenly be somewhere else. You stood in the small hub right outside the practical part of the basement, and there where just chaos inside the hallway. The closest thing you saw where a huge woman you had never seen before grappling with Mr Lenoe, the shy, little collage professor looking mad with fear, his fangs where out and he was making this sound, somewhere between a hiss and a scream that was really disturbing. A little further in Ty where slowly advancing on Karl, the latter was curled into a corner hissing at the large man black man who where trying to calm him down and he was just about ready to pounce. Both of the vampires had been burned and there was a raging fire in another corner of the corridor filling it with smoke. Darrian was there trying to calm his barking familiar down, the large black dog looked like he was just about to go berserk as well and the animal's mood clearly affected the alchemist who where backing away from the fire looking lost and rather useless at the moment. Helga was holding a gun aimed at a slender, handsome man. Serge will recognize him as the Nephandus he had spoken to just a little while earlier, now he was free and holding a teenager by the hair, pressing a knife to his throat, his freshly healed hand did seam to bother him but he looked rather confident at the same time. Kyle and Gloria where shouting from their make shift cells, asking what was going on one in English and the other in old fashioned Latin, and from Gloria's cell a young girl where crying. Diego where laughing manically from his cell though his gag and Ulv where demanding to be set free so he could help his Chantry. All in all the cacophony where overwhelming.
He took in the scenario with a frown, then turned to the Nephandus holding Andrew hostage, "Well, then, Sir, you Fallen are certainly good at creating a mess. Unstaking the vampires and setting a fire before taking a hostage - you've done quick work, it seems, though whoever you are making a distraction for might find your efforts insufficient... I would recommend you drop the knife and let the boy go unharmed. The alternatives might be... unpleasant."

((OOC: Colin doing his best to be intimidating. Manipulation+Intimidate: 1,1,7,9,0... Well, one success is better than no successes... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 am

"Is it me you are referring to as one of those you will need at mid day Mr Karyak or is Mr Yager the other person you are talking about?"
It is you, you know her mentor, you go back at least more than i do. There's some things i have to confirm before i venture the solutions,
though.

Don't really remember the other one, but maybe a visit is due.
The other one i had to hurt. He said, clearly seeing the confusion Na, you go and do your thing, i have already taken enough of your time. I also have to stay here reading, so no harm done.

"Ehm is that my blood Tane should you not wipe it of or something? I mean ok the sword is wood and teeth so I won't rust but will it not eventually start to smell?"
Wood needs moistering to grow and be healthy. Teeth need calcium and something to break. And the sword of my ancestors needs power of the soul. That it gets from me, or from blood. Let it soak in the mana of the evildoers, and flourish with it's power.

It has no name of it's own, only a title. "Atonga taonga", Atonga's Gift, the sword of the ancestor's, a gift to protect and save
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:54 am

Morningstar Cafeteria:

He nodded, frowning, "The US healthcare system is poorly named all over... But, there's little we can do to change that from this cafeteria. Unfortunately, without short of a subtle spree of fatal 'accidents' for the insurance industry lobbyists, there's little to be done..."

Harmony gave a snort at that.
"Well it might be amusing, the problem is this pesky little rule about endangering sleeper, unless we can prove they are all working for the Nephandi."

He pondered, "Hum, about thirty tiles, roughly an inch by three-quarters, and a fifth thick... Might have to order in the wood for that; I will send you a quote within a few working days, if that's alright?"

Yes toughly thirty, there are twenty five for the elder futark but Heather might want a few of the runes that was often used but are not part of the standard system as well...probably best to say thirty five just to be sure. And yes sending me a quote should be good."
Harmony said and she fished a note book out of her pocket and jotted down her telephone number and mail address, which apparently was badassdeadduckling@gmail.com, on it and handed it to you.
"Here so you know where to reach me."

He smiled, "No, but you can suggest he take a deep breath before and after reading."

"I see that bad...well as we still count two Mercere at the Chantry, well two plus six guests I assume messenger shooting is not a typical hobby of the guy."
Codee said and grinned.

He frowned, "The poor fellow I shot in the storm drain... He looked scared and paralyzed after I shot him; if the two are already scared and confused, that's only going to exacerbate their state of mind, I fear..."

"Off course do not get me wrong, being shot is not a fun thing for their kind they feel just as much pain as we do they just survive it better, I am just saying that if staking them where an acceptable way to take them down then shooting them is far less bad for them."
Kristina muttered sourly.

He frowned, "I'm not sure I have the firepower to shoot through someone... I would need a higher powder charge than the 9mm Para standard for that."

"I was just making an example Mr Wainwright not suggesting you actually do that."
Francesca said and gave you a little smile.

He nodded, "I know... Thank you."

Crexia just nodded at that though she did look concerned.

Chaos in Steelhaven's basement:

Serge listened carefully as he doodled in his sketchbook. "I get what your saying. Right now their inner beasts have taken over and their in fight or flight mode and it won't stop until they think the danger is gone. If i can make them believe that the danger is gone and calm down their inner rage then they should go back to normal right?" Serge said finishing the small touches on his picture which seemed to be just a simple cube with two plain people in the middle of it. Although those two people did have noticeable fangs protruding from their mouths.

Kristina had to giggle a little at the drawing despite the seriousness of the situation she quickly recovered though and nodded.
"It is not an off switch, it will still take time for them to calm own but yes if they are made to believe that the danger is over then yes they should eventually settle down."

Standing behind Adley and his shield, Serge placed a hand on the small doodle he had made right before he was teleported. It depicted two fanged stickmen housed within a simple cube, an empty cube, with no threats and nothing for them to fear. Breathing in slightly, Serge conjured up thoughts of calmness and serene bliss within his mind. Pushing down harder onto the piece of paper, Serge let his emotions and intentions travel from his mind and into the page and from the page he looked up and directed them to the crazed vampires.

You begun to work your magick and the thin little man that looked like a teacher stopped trying to bite Helga and for a moment he looked confused, still terrified but confused he was in considerable pain and while your effect there calming him it was not overwhelming all of the panic. Karl as well seamed to calm a little he immediately fared up in a panic again though and Ty continued to advance on him and he lurched forward and impacted the larger man's midsection with his shoulder and more or less threw him over him back into the order he had been hiding in. The large black man managed to recover with surprising grace though and landed on his feet. Karl started fleeing in your group's direction clearly wanting to flee out the door to the corridor and get away.

He took in the scenario with a frown, then turned to the Nephandus holding Andrew hostage, "Well, then, Sir, you Fallen are certainly good at creating a mess.

"We do try Sir, after all a messy reality is a soon to be gone reality."
The Nephandus said with a little smile but he was concentrated on what he was doing he glanced over at Serge though and sigh.
"Why do you bring him here? I would prefer it if that child did not get hurt in this, send him away!"
He demanded.

Unstaking the vampires and setting a fire before taking a hostage - you've done quick work, it seems, though whoever you are making a distraction for might find your efforts insufficient... I would recommend you drop the knife and let the boy go unharmed. The alternatives might be... unpleasant."

"More unpleasant than what the Traditions will do to me? Doubtfully...oh and before you try to shoot me, I can see that weapon you carry have killed several not many hours ago...I reckon I will be able to at least nick this kid before I go down and those panicked vampires will come for the blood, his or mine, and unpredictable as they are well I might have bast a spell to ensure they do as much damage as possible, in this state they are little more than pinball balls, and bloody as they are if they kill the boy or I did, what do you think are the chance a drop of their blood fall in exactly the wrong place? Are you willing to risk that Sir?"
The Nephandus said not replying to whatever or not he was causing a distraction for someone else.

Tane and Serge earlier:

It is you, you know her mentor, you go back at least more than i do. There's some things i have to confirm before i venture the solutions, though.

Hildegard raised an eyebrow.
"I am not the girl's Mentor Mr Karyak, Mrs Danielson is her Mentor. I do know the girl since we are of the same Tradition though."

The other one i had to hurt. He said, clearly seeing the confusion Na, you go and do your thing, i have already taken enough of your time. I also have to stay here reading, so no harm done.

"The young man you captured when you, your custos and Miss Day went to the parking lot in the slums to look for Avatar shards."
Hiledgard reminded you.
"You brought in a man you had stabbed in the hand, it gave Master Nassa quite a bit of bother to heal him."

Wood needs moistering to grow and be healthy. Teeth need calcium and something to break. And the sword of my ancestors needs power of the soul. That it gets from me, or from blood. Let it soak in the mana of the evildoers, and flourish with it's power.

"That sounds like those trees that the Verbena keep, they feed them their blood so the bark grow red and the Coven's tree then give them power or something, I bet the witches would love your sword."
Cadence said still looking a little uneasy of the sword after she had been run through with it.

(OOC: Serge can do his spell as an extended roll and take some time with it. One success on each vampire calms them a little but is not enough to drag them out of the red fear.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:31 am

Harmony gave a snort at that.
"Well it might be amusing, the problem is this pesky little rule about endangering sleeper, unless we can prove they are all working for the Nephandi."
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, it's a fair bet they're on some level working for the Union, and the Union looks like it's got a serious problem with Nephandic infiltration, so... I'm sure a case could be made on circumstantial evidence."

Yes toughly thirty, there are twenty five for the elder futark but Heather might want a few of the runes that was often used but are not part of the standard system as well...probably best to say thirty five just to be sure. And yes sending me a quote should be good."
Harmony said and she fished a note book out of her pocket and jotted down her telephone number and mail address, which apparently was badassdeadduckling@gmail.com, on it and handed it to you.
"Here so you know where to reach me."
He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, I'm going to need an image of those extra runes, then. And yes, this would make for quicker communication than sending a Mercere to your Chantry."

"I see that bad...well as we still count two Mercere at the Chantry, well two plus six guests I assume messenger shooting is not a typical hobby of the guy."
Codee said and grinned.
He turned serious, "It's... not shooting the messenger I am worried he might do, but he might... run off to do something rash. Hum, if you could tell him I would be honoured to observe as his Second in that matter, I would appreciate it, but I must save Boston first."

"I was just making an example Mr Wainwright not suggesting you actually do that."
Francesca said and gave you a little smile.
He smiled thinly, "When your example is mechanically not viable, that ought to be pointed out."

"We do try Sir, after all a messy reality is a soon to be gone reality."
The Nephandus said with a little smile but he was concentrated on what he was doing he glanced over at Serge though and sigh.
"Why do you bring him here? I would prefer it if that child did not get hurt in this, send him away!"
He demanded.
He arched an eyebrow, "We'll have to fight you over the reality issue. One thing is believing Reality is so fundamentally broken that it has to go - which I dispute - but it's something entirely different when you actively try to break it beyond repair."
He glanced briefly in Serge's direction, "Actually, he brought us here. It seemed rude to leave him behind in a strange place."

"More unpleasant than what the Traditions will do to me? Doubtfully...oh and before you try to shoot me, I can see that weapon you carry have killed several not many hours ago...I reckon I will be able to at least nick this kid before I go down and those panicked vampires will come for the blood, his or mine, and unpredictable as they are well I might have bast a spell to ensure they do as much damage as possible, in this state they are little more than pinball balls, and bloody as they are if they kill the boy or I did, what do you think are the chance a drop of their blood fall in exactly the wrong place? Are you willing to risk that Sir?"
The Nephandus said not replying to whatever or not he was causing a distraction for someone else.
He frowned, "If you can see what a weapon has done, you might not want to look too closely at me. All the same, the vampires can be fended off quickly enough, though I would prefer not to have any bloodshed at all. Engrave, my friend, would you be so kind as to help protect the child here?"

((OOC: Well, Engrave said he would come if called, so Colin's gambling on that right now - the dear spirit won't have to hurt the Nephandus, just turn aside the knife. Razz ))

((OOC2: "The Red Fear" - sounds like McCarthyism. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:19 am

Chaos at Steelhaven

You begun to work your magick and the thin little man that looked like a teacher stopped trying to bite Helga and for a moment he looked confused, still terrified but confused he was in considerable pain and while your effect there calming him it was not overwhelming all of the panic. Karl as well seamed to calm a little he immediately fared up in a panic again though and Ty continued to advance on him and he lurched forward and impacted the larger man's midsection with his shoulder and more or less threw him over him back into the order he had been hiding in. The large black man managed to recover with surprising grace though and landed on his feet. Karl started fleeing in your group's direction clearly wanting to flee out the door to the corridor and get away.

Frowning slightly, Serge realized he calm both of them down without putting a bit more time into it. He took a quick glance at the two vampires in his drawing and then pulled out a pencil and began putting in details into them. Hair, clothing, facial features, anything to connect the two men in his drawings with the two men in reality. All the while he kept imagining the calm, serene bliss he intended to send to the two vampires.

He demanded.

Serge turned his head towards Siege and then looked at teenager he was currently holding hostage and actively threatening to harm. He raised an eyebrow in doubt, not sure what was so special about him in particular and then quickly looked back to his drawing and continued with his magick.

Tane and Serge Earlier:

It has no name of it's own, only a title. "Atonga taonga", Atonga's Gift, the sword of the ancestor's, a gift to protect and save

"Now that's a cool name!" Serge said with a dumb grin on his face as he continued looking at the intricacies of the sword.

"Damn your sword can absorb blood. That's such a classic sword ability. "Does it have any other cool abilities? Like, can it steal an opponents essence from them with every strike? I remember seeing a shark sword that did that on television."

Tane wrote:The other one i had to hurt. He said, clearly seeing the confusion Na, you go and do your thing, i have already taken enough of your time. I also have to stay here reading, so no harm done.
"The young man you captured when you, your custos and Miss Day went to the parking lot in the slums to look for Avatar shards."
Hiledgard reminded you.
"You brought in a man you had stabbed in the hand, it gave Master Nassa quite a bit of bother to heal him."

"Yeah, Avatar shard guy. He's the one." Serge said with a nod. "He's actually quite nice when he's chained down and watched. We talked a lot about 'Mr.Shark Sword' and how all of the shaman seemed to have the coolest magickal items. I should probably thank you. Thanks to the sword I was able to get him talking on length about his fight with you guys. Got a lot of information out of him."

((OOC: I didn't think I could make it an extended roll Very Happy. Awesome!

I will make it an extended roll. 2nd Arete roll: 4, 7, 9)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Morningstar Cafeteria:

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, it's a fair bet they're on some level working for the Union, and the Union looks like it's got a serious problem with Nephandic infiltration, so... I'm sure a case could be made on circumstantial evidence."

"Perhaps they are working for the Technocracy, it is quite possible, in either case their practice sucks and they deserve a good hard kick in the butt."
Harmony muttered angrily.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, I'm going to need an image of those extra runes, then. And yes, this would make for quicker communication than sending a Mercere to your Chantry."

"I can send you an image file to the mail address on your business card Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist agreed then she grinned.
"Yeah let us not give the Mercere more work than we need to shall we."

He turned serious, "It's... not shooting the messenger I am worried he might do, but he might... run off to do something rash. Hum, if you could tell him I would be honoured to observe as his Second in that matter, I would appreciate it, but I must save Boston first."

Codee looked rather confused but then she nodded.
"I am not sure I get what you are talking about Sir but I will tell Mater Min exactly what you told me and I hope he can make more meaning of it than me."
The young mage said.
"Anything else before I head off to his office?"

He smiled thinly, "When your example is mechanically not viable, that ought to be pointed out."

"My gun can shoot through a person, especially when helped with a little magick."
Francesca muttered and pouted.

He arched an eyebrow, "We'll have to fight you over the reality issue. One thing is believing Reality is so fundamentally broken that it has to go - which I dispute - but it's something entirely different when you actively try to break it beyond repair."

"Well it have been a point of conflict between our factions since the Renaissance or so, I do not expect that to chance anytime soon."
The Nephandus said and shrugged.
"I guess that conflict is not likely to end soon Sir."

He glanced briefly in Serge's direction, "Actually, he brought us here. It seemed rude to leave him behind in a strange place."

"I see, well he was kind to me when he came to talk to me and give me breakfast I would prefer if he was not injured."
The man grumbled.

He frowned, "If you can see what a weapon has done, you might not want to look too closely at me. All the same, the vampires can be fended off quickly enough, though I would prefer not to have any bloodshed at all.

"Your scars look like they have come from something most unpleasant and I am quite sure I would not want to experience that, however if I was terrified of getting injured should I not be cowering in my room in the local Labyrinth and not go out in the field...as for the vampires that is your chance to take."
The Nephandus said softly.

Engrave, my friend, would you be so kind as to help protect the child here?"

You felt the spirit's presence, usually summoning a spirit took more but he had sworn to come to your aid if called by name, the problem was that it seamed he was held back, probably by Steelhaven's wards.

Frowning slightly, Serge realized he calm both of them down without putting a bit more time into it. He took a quick glance at the two vampires in his drawing and then pulled out a pencil and began putting in details into them. Hair, clothing, facial features, anything to connect the two men in his drawings with the two men in reality. All the while he kept imagining the calm, serene bliss he intended to send to the two vampires.

Mr Lenoe stopped a few feet from your group, he looked rather terrified but now he also looked like he was struggling with himself.
"It burns...there is a fire I don't want to be here!"
He wept but at least now he had enough control to talk, he was shivering though and the slightest provocation would send him on a rampage again. Karl where still panicking and where fighting with Ty trying to kill the larger man who he saw as a threat all the while screaming and hissing.

Serge and Tane earlier:

"Damn your sword can absorb blood. That's such a classic sword ability. "Does it have any other cool abilities? Like, can it steal an opponents essence from them with every strike? I remember seeing a shark sword that did that on television."

"My essence are quite alright however the sword did hurt my patterns badly or so the healer they took me to said as he worked on me."
Cadence said and frowned.
"The thing is magickal that much is for sure."

"Yeah, Avatar shard guy. He's the one." Serge said with a nod. "He's actually quite nice when he's chained down and watched. We talked a lot about 'Mr.Shark Sword' and how all of the shaman seemed to have the coolest magickal items.

"Well don't get to attached to him young man the prisoners are..."
Hildegard looked at Cadence who sort of drew a bit back and shivered in fear at the older Chorister's words.
"Are going to Horizon for trial soon."
She said then she raised an eyebrow at your nicknames.
"Well I am glad you got some information out of the prisoner though."

(OOC: We should wait and let Strife reply before we continue with the fight scene.)

(OOC: Well red fear was faster to write than to check the spelling of Rötschreck.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:27 pm

The smaller vampire blocked; Nicole turned to see it attempting to chow down on the gun-toting woman when it seemingly decided to give it up, a frown of slight confusion on it seemingly deciding to act like a human for a moment.

She was unable to work out what exactly what was going on, but as the cryptid had paused in front of what was perhaps the reinforcements, saw a chance.

'Let it through - I'll keep guard.' she said to the newcomers, drawing herself up, fists clenching and un-clenching.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:36 pm

"Where should he be going? What are in the other corridor?"
A tall dark haired woman that looked like she had come right out of the shower as her hair was wet and dripping and her clothes where just thrown on asked.
"If there are some empty rooms there we can try to get him in there for now...the only other way to go would be up the stairs and that would kill him."
She said and she seamed concerned for the vampire as well.

A blond man with gray eyes wearing all black glanced into the room to see a wounded woman on the floor to the one room inside the main corridor where the door was open.
"Henrietta is done, Miss if you cover me I will go in and get her out..."
He said as he hurried into the corridor full of chaos, creams and noise.

The woman with the gun was back up now and was aiming her gun at the Nephandus again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:33 pm

He grinned, "To be honest, I could not straight up afford my tailor, either, but we have an arrangement regarding cuff links, tie clips et cetera. And I think you would do well in a Tweed three-piece suit; make you look more distinguished."
"Considering the jacket I have is second hand, shabby with holes and patches in it, that's quite likely," he said with a laugh. "I'll take your style advice, I've never been that good with fashion."
Francesca said bitterly.
She agreed.
"It would be better if we can keep Master Nassa where he is and bring others to him if we can, they are definitely after something or someone. And that could be those in that room, the safe, or any of the other guests."
"Yeah I should be able to do that. Give them calming thoughts to try and lessen the fear their feeling and give them ideas of safe places. If I put a bit of effort into it I could actually make them think that they are inside of an empty room, although that might freak them out even more. I'll focus on calming them down." Serge said opening his sketchbook
He nodded, "Good. Hum, artist? Interesting..."
"Good, thank you," he said as well, glancing at the notebook. He'd expected him to write, probably out of his own bias, but instead the young man seemed to be drawing.
He frowned, "Adley, when we get there, if the fire is still on, can you choke it out quickly? I know it seems antithetical to your House to stop fire, but all the same..."
"I can try, yes," he agreed.
There where little time to add more padding."
"Good luck, all of you."
"Thank you, ma'am, we'll need it."
Kristina said
Adley looked at Serge and then said, "The shield I have on should take a few blows. If you need to use it for cover, stand behind me, approximately, I will try to keep you covered but keep your own eye out."
the world shifted and instead of the chatter of the cafeteria and exclaims about what was happening with your group...there where screams and chaos. Narim's teleportation was precise though off course it was still a bit of a jolt to suddenly be somewhere else. You stood in the small hub right outside the practical part of the basement, and there where just chaos inside the hallway...All in all the cacophony where overwhelming.
It was an utter shitshow in the basement, people he didn't know that he didn't know if were friend or foe, fearful, hungry, panicking vampires, a Nephandi holding Andrew hostage, there was a lot going on. Somehow having been chucked around the universe enough times into firefights was starting to become easier to cope with, but all said the situation was not good. He began to form the spell to diminish and extinguish the fire, the source that was making the vampires panic.

// I made dinner and then a cake, finished it, ate it and was waiting for my comp to finish backing up and the internet to return and fell asleep! Sorry for the wait. I'll be out this afternoon finishing up some yardwork again but will try to respond again when I get back. Ah, fall, I love it.

OOC2: forces 2 (putting out the fire) and chuck in the WP we just earned: 2, 3, 7 (diff +2) - so I think that's only the WP success, let me know if he needs to try again and I'll toss another roll.

OOC3: lol@ the conversation about Tane's sword and it's 'classic' abilities xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 pm

"Considering the jacket I have is second hand, shabby with holes and patches in it, that's quite likely," he said with a laugh. "I'll take your style advice, I've never been that good with fashion."
Colin grinned, "Ever watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Giles almost always wore tweed in that series. It seems to be the go-to style for portraying academics in TV shows and movies; especially British ones..."

"Perhaps they are working for the Technocracy, it is quite possible, in either case their practice sucks and they deserve a good hard kick in the butt."
Harmony muttered angrily.
He nodded sagely, "I believe that sounds very much like what my apprentice would say about them... She is wise for her years, though her... choices in descriptors will require some work."

"I can send you an image file to the mail address on your business card Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist agreed then she grinned.
"Yeah let us not give the Mercere more work than we need to shall we."
He smiled, "Well, I suppose the House thrives on having missives, but even so, I'm sure they're no more keen on extra make-work than anyone else."

Codee looked rather confused but then she nodded.
"I am not sure I get what you are talking about Sir but I will tell Mater Min exactly what you told me and I hope he can make more meaning of it than me."
The young mage said.
"Anything else before I head off to his office?"
He shook his head, "Godspeed, miss, and hopefully, I'll be back fairly soon."

"It would be better if we can keep Master Nassa where he is and bring others to him if we can, they are definitely after something or someone. And that could be those in that room, the safe, or any of the other guests."
He nodded, "Depends on the situation - if there's a patient bleeding out on the floor, moving them is generally less advisable than getting the healer there."

"My gun can shoot through a person, especially when helped with a little magick."
Francesca muttered and pouted.
He grinned, "I don't have the necessary magic for that, so you've got an edge over me there."

"Well it have been a point of conflict between our factions since the Renaissance or so, I do not expect that to chance anytime soon."
The Nephandus said and shrugged.
"I guess that conflict is not likely to end soon Sir."
He shrugged, "I find that the likes of the Jade Demon are quite tolerable. If there were more of you with his particular outlook, you'd be less of a pain in the neck, really. Of course, when your lot is so unruly that someone like him decides to personally intervene, that does say something about how like a petulant, spoiled child you are acting..."

"I see, well he was kind to me when he came to talk to me and give me breakfast I would prefer if he was not injured."
The man grumbled.
He gave Serge an approving nod, "Well, that makes two of us, at least. Well, three, I expect the kid would prefer not to be injured, as well."

"Your scars look like they have come from something most unpleasant and I am quite sure I would not want to experience that, however if I was terrified of getting injured should I not be cowering in my room in the local Labyrinth and not go out in the field...as for the vampires that is your chance to take."
The Nephandus said softly.
He grinned ferally, "My scars were unpleasant to acquire... a bit of modern rocketry to the face. But that was several years ago, and unrelated. No, what I was referring to is that I eat Nephandi for breakfast... in a rather literal manner, in fact. Go ahead, ask your Avatar. And keep in mind... I'm quite adept at taking your lot alive; be it that idiot Diego, or Gilledian Abigail and her Labyrinth Keeper. Drop the blade, and I promise I will not hurt you. But spill a single drop of the boy's blood... and I will promise quite the opposite."

You felt the spirit's presence, usually summoning a spirit took more but he had sworn to come to your aid if called by name, the problem was that it seamed he was held back, probably by Steelhaven's wards.
He frowned, then carefully released a mote of his own Quintessence, muttering softly, "Take this; as I am permitted, my essence should extend access to you."

Mr Lenoe stopped a few feet from your group, he looked rather terrified but now he also looked like he was struggling with himself.
He wept but at least now he had enough control to talk, he was shivering though and the slightest provocation would send him on a rampage again. Karl where still panicking and where fighting with Ty trying to kill the larger man who he saw as a threat all the while screaming and hissing.
He glanced at Lenoe, voice softening, "Close your eyes and, er, breathe slowly. There's no fire that will reach you, just meditate and find your calm; put the Beast to sleep. You're among friends here."

((OOC: Passing a mote of Quintessence to Engrave... dunno of it really requires a roll, but since it's a stressed situation, the Arete roll comes to 8,8,0... Well, that works.))

((OOC2: If Colin finds out about that sword, still coated in the blood of Tane's enemies, there's going to be a storm of Mundane Silence blowing through the Chantry... followed by a very strict lecture about arcane connections. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 pm

He gave Serge an approving nod, "Well, that makes two of us, at least. Well, three, I expect the kid would prefer not to be injured, as well."

"Yes please....I would very much prefer that." Serge said returning the nod and continuing with his spellwork.

Serge was breathing heavily, not necessarily from the magick but from the utter chaos within the room. He had managed to calm down one of the vampires briefly but the other one was still panicking. He continued to weave his magick, this time solely focusing on Karl. On his sketchbook, more and more details began to form in his drawings and his connection between the vampires grew stronger.

(((OOC1: Can Serge continue the extended roll this time focusing on calming down Karl or will it have to be a whole new roll?

Either way if it does not interfere with the magick on Mr. Lenoe, Serge would like to continue using a Mind 3 effect to calming down Karl by sending him calming thoughts straight to his subconscious and getting him to ignore the things he perceives as a threat.  

Arete Roll: 5, 8, 2 )))

(((OOC2: LoL yeah, Serge grew up on pop-culture and works of fiction so he would be familiar with similarities between weapon abilities Razz. Fun fact: The other 'shark sword' that Serge mentioned seeing on TV was Samehada from Naruto])))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next