Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ic Thread Serge's Seeking

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ic Thread Serge's Seeking Empty Ic Thread Serge's Seeking

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:50 pm

You sat in a tavern one of many in this area, it smelled of sweat, cooked meat and wine, on a raised dais a pretty wnch where playing the flute, and several large breasted, chubby barmaids wheredelivering food and wine to the patrons, it was a shitty little tavern in a no name town, but at least it would offer a chance to sleep in real beds for a chance, as soon as you had cast a spell to drive the flees out, and you could get a good, hot meal and wine, your party needed a rest and after you had vanquised the warlord of Thune you had money to spend, Erissa the sorceress and the warrior Ivan where already quite drunk, Demar the dwarf still needed a few pints to even get tipsy though, even if he had already drunk more than the two others combined, only Sarah the noble elven cleric where abstaining from the drink, she had only enough wine mixed in her water to not get sick from drinking it, and she had porridge and not meat to eat, yes your party needed rest, it was time to celebrate for tomorrow would come nee adventure, perhaps you would save a princess or rescue a town from ogers whatever it was it would be grand and it would made your party's name even more known.

Laiza the buxom barmaid who had delivered your wine ealier came with your plate of food, venison, botatoes and corn, she put it on the table and winked at you, then she blushed giggeled and ran back to the kitchen, shy in the pressence of such a famous adventurer. You where just abut to settle down to eat your well earned dinner when the door to the tavern burst open, a man wearing a long black robe all but fell into the tavern.
"Help...oh please help, the lighthouse...they have attacked the lighthouse, they came in the twilight, took me wife and my kids, please help me!"
The candles in the tavern flickered, and it was suddenly colder as your two drunk party members suddenly sobered of and beautiful Sarah carefully set her bowl of porridge on the table and stood.
"We must do something."
She said in an allmost pleading tone of voice.
"We can not let this stand."

There was a tiny part of you that remembered....that this had not always been your world, but then that part where quieted down, and you where only Serge, the legendary and powerful swordsman and mage, savior of maidens and adventurer extrodanaire, travenling from town to town hunting adventure and gold with your band of loyal friends.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ic Thread Serge's Seeking Empty Re: Ic Thread Serge's Seeking

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:12 pm

"Of course we're gonna help!" Serge, the legendary mage swordsmen, declared feeling insulted that Sarah would ever think that he wouldn't help someone in need. He slammed his fist on the table and raised himself out of his chair to turn towards his party members. The broadsword strapped on his back began to glow slightly in response to the emotions of it's master.

"Get up ya drunkards. Didn't you hear the man! His wife and child are in need of rescuing! Vanquishing a warlord doesn't mean evil will take a day off so why should we?" he said, rallying his party members to sober up and prepare themselves for a fight.

"Besides what's a better way to celebrate vanquishing evil then by vanquishing more evil?" he added with a wry grin.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:46 am

"Of course we're gonna help!" Serge, the legendary mage swordsmen, declared feeling insulted that Sarah would ever think that he wouldn't help someone in need. He slammed his fist on the table and raised himself out of his chair to turn towards his party members. The broadsword strapped on his back began to glow slightly in response to the emotions of it's master.

"Thank you my friend."
Sarah said and smiled, her otherwordly pale face lighting up when she did so.
"We will get this man's family back and stop this evil...like we always do."

"Get up ya drunkards. Didn't you hear the man! His wife and child are in need of rescuing! Vanquishing a warlord doesn't mean evil will take a day off so why should we?" he said, rallying his party members to sober up and prepare themselves for a fight.

Erissa groaned and her staff, topped with a blue crystal glowed a little as she cast a spell on herself and Ivan to sober up.
"Right...right duty calls."
The sorceress muttered. Ivan just sigh he cut another slice of his meat with his dagger and ate it before getting up.
"Yeah lets go."
The dwarf grumbeled and grabbed a whole slice of meat to bring with him.
"Can't a man ever have a meal in peace...my sister was right I should have taken over pa's store."
He muttered under his breath as he grabbed his food and his axe.

"Besides what's a better way to celebrate vanquishing then by vanquishing more evil?" he added with a wry grin.

"Well I am not doing to turn down a quest, truth and glory and all that and gold of course..."
Denmar said around his food. Laiza the pretty barmaid who had caught your eye came running out of the kitchen again, blushing as she walked up to you.
"Wait...please proud adventurer take this with you, for luck."
She said and handed you a linnen hankercied with L.M embroidered in neat stiches in a corner, a young lady's token of favor to bring you luck in the upcoming fight. Laiza blushed again and looked down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:45 am

Erissa groaned and her staff, topped with a blue crystal glowed a little as she cast a spell on herself and Ivan to sober up.
"Right...right duty calls."
The sorceress muttered. Ivan just sigh he cut another slice of his meat with his dagger and ate it before getting up.
"Yeah lets go."
The dwarf grumbeled and grabbed a whole slice of meat to bring with him.
"Can't a man ever have a meal in peace...my sister was right I should have taken over pa's store."
He muttered under his breath as he grabbed his food and his axe.

"Come on guys! This is what we live for!" Serge exclaimed wanting to get his friends a little more pumped up. He had always been excitable, rushing headlong into adventure no matter the danger.

"Adventure, excitement, fame, protecting the weak, and saving the helpless. You won't get any of that in some boring store."

Laiza the pretty barmaid who had caught your eye came running out of the kitchen again, blushing as she walked up to you.
"Wait...please proud adventurer take this with you, for luck."
She said and handed you a linen handkerchief with L.M embroidered in neat stitches in a corner, a young lady's token of favor to bring you luck in the upcoming fight. Laiza blushed again and looked down.

Serge accepted the handkerchief and gave the barkeep a warm smile. "Thank you Laiza, for all that you've done for us in our brief stay here. I'm sure your gift will bring me great fortune on this quest just as your smile warmed my heart during my stay here." he said with an air of noble heroism that befit a man of his legendary status.

After his party members had sobered up and prepared their items, Serge walked over to the distressed man. "Lead us to where you saw the attack. And while we're walking tell us more about it. Do you know who or what attacked the lighthouse? Do you know where they might've taken your family?" Serge asked wanting to know more about what they were facing but not wanting to waste anytime saving the man's family.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:29 am

"Come on guys! This is what we live for!" Serge exclaimed wanting to get his friends a little more pumped up. He had always been excitable, rushing headlong into adventure no matter the danger.

"Well I also live for good food, wine and pretty maids."
Ivan complained.
"But I guess we have work to do."

"Adventure, excitement, fame, protecting the weak, and saving the helpless. You won't get any of that in some boring store."

"No but you find sweet mead and meat but yes let us rescue the lass and her kid and then get back to eating."
Your dwarf friend agreed.

Serge accepted the handkerchief and gave the barkeep a warm smile. "Thank you Laiza, for all that you've done for us in our brief stay here. I'm sure your gift will bring me great fortune on this quest just as your smile warmed my heart during my stay here." he said with an air of noble heroism that befit a man of his legendary status.

The barbaid smiled skyly and blussed, she hesitated and looked at you with big, brown eyes then she hurridly kissed you on the cheek before turning beet red and running to the kitchen.

After his party members had sobered up and prepared their items, Serge walked over to the distressed man. "Lead us to where you saw the attack. And while we're walking tell us more about it. Do you know who or what attacked the lighthouse? Do you know where they might've taken your family?" Serge asked wanting to know more about what they were facing but not wanting to waste anytime saving the man's family.

The lighthouse keeper took his hat of and bowed.
"Oh thank you for helping kid sirs and ladies."
He said as he got to his feet and begun to lead the way out of the inn.
"I do not know where they ahve taken me family Sirs, but I saw the face of their leader, bandits they are, lead by a terrible sorceress, sad tale that and I fear we in this village might be to blame for the poor lass turning bad."
The man said and shook his head sadly.
"Sad tale indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:12 pm

The lighthouse keeper took his hat of and bowed.
"Oh thank you for helping kid sirs and ladies."
He said as he got to his feet and begun to lead the way out of the inn.
"I do not know where they have taken me family Sirs, but I saw the face of their leader, bandits they are, lead by a terrible sorceress, sad tale that and I fear we in this village might be to blame for the poor lass turning bad."
The man said and shook his head sadly.
"Sad tale indeed."

Serge and his party followed the dark robed man as he listened to his tale. "Bandits eh. That shouldn't be too hard. We should be able to track them down. And I doubt that sorceress can stand our combined magickal might!" he boasted confidantly knowing that with Erissa and Sarah by his side their was no witch who could stand in there way.

"You said that the village turned her to banditry? That is a sad tale indeed. What did the village do to make her turn to the forces of evil?" the legendary swordsmen asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:57 pm

Serge and his party followed the dark robed man as he listened to his tale. "Bandits eh. That shouldn't be too hard. We should be able to track them down. And I doubt that sorceress can stand our combined magickal might!" he boasted confidantly knowing that with Erissa and Sarah by his side their was no witch who could stand in there way.

"I do pray you are right kind Sir."
The old lighthouse keeper said as he lead the way towards a path that lead to a small forest.

"You said that the village turned her to banditry? That is a sad tale indeed. What did the village do to make her turn to the forces of evil?" the legendary swordsmen asked curiously.

The lighthouse keeper looked down shamefully and sigh.
"It was about ten years ago, when the bandit sorceress was but a wee lass that the village where troubeled by a young gold dragon, we lost several children and allot of sheep, something had to be done, we learned that the dragon could be control if he was given an offering of blood from one magically gifted so we pooled our reasources up and bought a gifted child from a local slavetrader. We went about it all wrong, having really nothing to offer her we held her down and cut her palm and filled a goblet with her blood, this got the dragon off our back and we got the girl and apprenitceship in town with a local healer, but she never gorgave us just buying her and using her for her blood, she got increasingly dark and distant from us."
The old man sigh again.
"I wish that Tim had still been living with us at that time, a simple woodcarver he might have been able to entertain the child and make her a gift to take the sting out of what we did to her, but alast the boy had left to become an adventurer so we had no one to turn to to help the girl we bought."
He said and shook his head sadly.
"Tim might be a mighty and famous adventurer now but the simple task of carving a doll for a scared and lonely child might have spared us all this trouble."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:16 pm

The lighthouse keeper looked down shamefully and sigh.
"It was about ten years ago, when the bandit sorceress was but a wee lass that the village where troubled by a young gold dragon, we lost several children and allot of sheep, something had to be done, we learned that the dragon could be control if he was given an offering of blood from one magically gifted so we pooled our resources up and bought a gifted child from a local slavetrader. We went about it all wrong, having really nothing to offer her we held her down and cut her palm and filled a goblet with her blood, this got the dragon off our back and we got the girl and apprenticeship in town with a local healer, but she never forgave us just buying her and using her for her blood, she got increasingly dark and distant from us."
The old man sigh again.

"Well that's one way to get the eternal hatred of a young girl." Serge said with a frown. "Your right what you guys did was a mistake but what's done is done and their's no use worrying about it now."

"I wish that Tim had still been living with us at that time, a simple woodcarver he might have been able to entertain the child and make her a gift to take the sting out of what we did to her, but alas the boy had left to become an adventurer so we had no one to turn to to help the girl we bought."
He said and shook his head sadly.
"Tim might be a mighty and famous adventurer now but the simple task of carving a doll for a scared and lonely child might have spared us all this trouble."

"Was their no children in the village for her to be friends with?" Serge asked as he followed beside the lighthouse keeper. "Did no one try to keep her company or lend her some toys? What about the healer that was her mentor? Was she distant to all of them?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:09 am

"Well that's one way to get the eternal hatred of a young girl." Serge said with a frown. "Your right what you guys did was a mistake but what's done is done and their's no use worrying about it now."

"It was a mistake indeed but I guess you are right kind Sir there is little point in worrying about what have happened before, though we all bear the guilt of it."
The lighthouse keeper said.

"Was their no children in the village for her to be friends with?" Serge asked as he followed beside the lighthouse keeper. "Did no one try to keep her company or lend her some toys? What about the healer that was her mentor? Was she distant to all of them?"

"There where other children and they tried but by that time the girl already distrusted the village, after all we had bought her as a slave just to get that gold dragon to leave us alone, we had cut her and taken her blood, she did not trust much after that. As for her mentor the healer, he also tried but his older student had become badly injured during the fight with the dragon so for several days he could not spend to much time tending to the lass before his older student where well again and by that time, with no one to care about her she never learned to trust him."
The old man said and he shook his head sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:25 pm

"There where other children and they tried but by that time the girl already distrusted the village, after all we had bought her as a slave just to get that gold dragon to leave us alone, we had cut her and taken her blood, she did not trust much after that. As for her mentor the healer, he also tried but his older student had become badly injured during the fight with the dragon so for several days he could not spend to much time tending to the lass before his older student where well again and by that time, with no one to care about her she never learned to trust him."
The old man said and he shook his head sadly.

"If she already distrusted the village so much than why do you think Tim would've been able to make a difference?" Serge asked curiously. "From the sounds of things, it seems like she was dead set on hating you guys from the get-go. Was Tim special in any way?"

As he talked he made sure to keep a watchful eye on his surroundings. Bandits were notorious for laying down ambushes and a man of his status wouldn't be foolish enough to walk into one.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:43 pm

"If she already distrusted the village so much than why do you think Tim would've been able to make a difference?" Serge asked curiously. "From the sounds of things, it seems like she was dead set on hating you guys from the get-go. Was Tim special in any way?"

"Special and special, Tim was a talented woodcarver had he still been in the village he could have talked the lass into helping us, offering her a carved toy in payment for her blood. You can imagine it yourself kind Sir the difference between being held down and cut for your blood right after you had been sold as a fine milking cow, and if someone had offered you a gift for your help, perhaps spent some time with the girl while the rest of the village dealt with the dragon, amusing her and making her feel wanted for more than her blood, perhaps befriending her so during the days before her new teacher could fully tend to her she would not feel quite so lonely, I think with such a scenario the situation would have been quite differnt, yes indeed I do."
The lighthouse keeper said as he lead the way, the forest where quiet but it was an uneasy mood, as if the bandits spoken about would be ready to jump out of any bush you passed, or a monster.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:09 pm

"Special and special, Tim was a talented woodcarver had he still been in the village he could have talked the lass into helping us, offering her a carved toy in payment for her blood. You can imagine it yourself kind Sir the difference between being held down and cut for your blood right after you had been sold as a fine milking cow, and if someone had offered you a gift for your help, perhaps spent some time with the girl while the rest of the village dealt with the dragon, amusing her and making her feel wanted for more than her blood, perhaps befriending her so during the days before her new teacher could fully tend to her she would not feel quite so lonely, I think with such a scenario the situation would have been quite differnt, yes indeed I do."

"That would've been the ideal scenario." Serge said with a sigh. "But why did it need to be Tim? Why not any of the mother's in the village? Couldn't they have asked the girl for help? Surely Tim couldn't have been the only kind soul in the village."

The lighthouse keeper said as he lead the way, the forest where quiet but it was an uneasy mood, as if the bandits spoken about would be ready to jump out of any bush you passed, or a monster.

"Keep an eye out. This place gives me the creeps." Serge told his party as the strangely quiet forest made him suspicious....or paranoid.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 pm

"That would've been the ideal scenario." Serge said with a sigh. "But why did it need to be Tim? Why not any of the mother's in the village? Couldn't they have asked the girl for help? Surely Tim couldn't have been the only kind soul in the village."

"Tim could create things out of wood with a quick and steady hand, a bribe to offer the girl to get her cooperation so she would not go into it with a negative mind, and most of the goodwives where also out dealing with the dragon, I am afraid we are few enough that even the women have to help defend the village, before he left Tim would have helped the children of the village stay safe and keep them from getting scared in such a situation, but I guess he do work of grater glory now kind Sir."
The old lighthouse keeper said and sigh.

"Keep an eye out. This place gives me the creeps." Serge told his party as the strangely quiet forest made him suspicious....or paranoid.

"You are right my friend there is a foul feeling in the air..."
Erissa said and frowned.
"A...are we in danger here?"
The lighthouse keeper muttered nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:43 pm

"Tim could create things out of wood with a quick and steady hand, a bribe to offer the girl to get her cooperation so she would not go into it with a negative mind, and most of the goodwives where also out dealing with the dragon, I am afraid we are few enough that even the women have to help defend the village, before he left Tim would have helped the children of the village stay safe and keep them from getting scared in such a situation, but I guess he do work of grater glory now kind Sir."
The old lighthouse keeper said and sigh.

"I see...what a poor set of circumstances." Serge said with a frown. "It seems lady luck was not on your side that day."

"You are right my friend there is a foul feeling in the air..."
Erissa said and frowned.
"A...are we in danger here?"
The lighthouse keeper muttered nervously.

"Just follow the adventurer's motto." Serge said as he unsheathed his sword and stood close next to the scared lighthouse keeper. "Everything is out to get you and your always in danger."

"Keep your eyes peeled! If we are attacked our first priority is to keep this guy safe." Serge said pointing to the lighthouse keeper.

"From the sounds of things, this bandit witch isn't too fond of the villagers. That may be who she's targeting."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:51 pm

"I see...what a poor set of circumstances." Serge said with a frown. "It seems lady luck was not on your side that day."

"No Sir she was not."
The old man said and sigh.
"Just go to show eh that sometimes the small seamingly insignificant work are the most important."
He muttered.

"Just follow the adventurer's motto." Serge said as he unsheathed his sword and stood close next to the scared lighthouse keeper. "Everything is out to get you and your always in danger."

"I fear such mottoes are for adventurers and the young kind Sir I would never sleep a wink again in my life if I kept to such ideas."
The lighthouse keeper said nervously as he spied into the darkness of the woords.

"Keep your eyes peeled! If we are attacked our first priority is to keep this guy safe." Serge said pointing to the lighthouse keeper.

"From the sounds of things, this bandit witch isn't too fond of the villagers. That may be who she's targeting."

Your companions nodded in agreement as they drew their weapons and huddeled around the old man, suddenly there where a snapping sund from the forest before two, large green figures stormed out of the bushes towards you, they where both dressed in leathers and hald again as tall as a man, one where wielding an axe and the other a club, around their necks where iron collars.
"Orcs...the bandits around here capture them and train them to work for them!"
The lighthouse keeper gasped as he curled up and looked abolutely terrified.
"They will tear you limb from limb if given the chance."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 pm

"No Sir she was not."
The old man said and sigh.
"Just go to show eh that sometimes the small seamingly insignificant work are the most important."
He muttered.

Serge glanced at the man as he spoke those words. Words that seemed to resonant with Serge.

"I suppose. It can be hard to see the benefits of small insignificant work. Sometimes the rewards for such work take a while to see. If you ever get to see them at all that is. And so often those actions go unrecognized and forgotten that it feels frustrating to perform them. No one talks about the man who spoke a kind word to a stranger or took care of the village children. They talk about the heroes who vanquished their foes and save the realm!" he said striking a heroic pose with his sword held aloft.

Then with a sigh Serge added, "But I cannot deny that your right. Sometimes the littlest actions can have the biggest effects in the future. It takes a certain amount of wisdom to see those effects."

Your companions nodded in agreement as they drew their weapons and huddeled around the old man, suddenly there where a snapping sund from the forest before two, large green figures stormed out of the bushes towards you, they where both dressed in leathers and hald again as tall as a man, one where wielding an axe and the other a club, around their necks where iron collars.
"Orcs...the bandits around here capture them and train them to work for them!"
The lighthouse keeper gasped as he curled up and looked abolutely terrified.
"They will tear you limb from limb if given the chance."

"Not if we cut them to ribbons first!" Serge said as his grip on his sword tightened. He whispered a few words power and held his sword to the side as he took a battle-stance. Runic sigils on the blade began to glow one-by-one as his sword prepared itself for battle.

"Ivan with me! Take the one on the right and I'll take the one on the left. Erissa cover us and Sarah keep us alive. Demar stay here and protect the spell casters and civilian. Make sure their aren't any more of them coming from behind us."

With the orders given, Serge charged forward surprising speed with his sword at the ready, wanting to overcome the orc's strength with speed. He charged forward and attempted to slash the orc's leg in an attempt to hinder his movement.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Serge glanced at the man as he spoke those words. Words that seemed to resonant with Serge.

"I suppose. It can be hard to see the benefits of small insignificant work. Sometimes the rewards for such work take a while to see. If you ever get to see them at all that is. And so often those actions go unrecognized and forgotten that it feels frustrating to perform them. No one talks about the man who spoke a kind word to a stranger or took care of the village children. They talk about the heroes who vanquished their foes and save the realm!" he said striking a heroic pose with his sword held aloft.

Then with a sigh Serge added, "But I cannot deny that your right. Sometimes the littlest actions can have the biggest effects in the future. It takes a certain amount of wisdom to see those effects."

"Well kind Sir I am just a simple lighthouse keeper but I would say that if one is looking for recognition and to be sung as a hero, then being an adventurer and saving maidens in distress and vanquising foes will get you that, but sometimes the little things all over mean more, though yes often the little things mean toiling day in and day out with little recognition. I think perhaps the question is if you would rather have those around you see you as great and important, or if you can be content to just know in your heart yourself that you are important."
The old man said softly.

"Not if we cut them to ribbons first!" Serge said as his grip on his sword tightened. He whispered a few words power and held his sword to the side as he took a battle-stance. Runic sigils on the blade began to glow one-by-one as his sword prepared itself for battle.

"Ivan with me! Take the one on the right and I'll take the one on the left. Erissa cover us and Sarah keep us alive. Demar stay here and protect the spell casters and civilian. Make sure their aren't any more of them coming from behind us."

With the orders given, Serge charged forward surprising speed with his sword at the ready, wanting to overcome the orc's strength with speed. He charged forward and attempted to slash the orc's leg in an attempt to hinder his movement.

"You sure you would not rather have another by your side actually fighting I am sure Erissa can babysit well enough."
Demar grumbeled as Ivan rushed towards the two orcs together with you. Erissa created a protective blue barriar around herself, Sarah and the lighthouse keeper. Ivan swung at the orc but the beast moved to the side, the one you where attacking blocked your block with his club, then he snarled at you, the smell of his breath was not great and his large tusks where just inches from your face.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:02 pm

"Well kind Sir I am just a simple lighthouse keeper but I would say that if one is looking for recognition and to be sung as a hero, then being an adventurer and saving maidens in distress and vanquising foes will get you that, but sometimes the little things all over mean more, though yes often the little things mean toiling day in and day out with little recognition. I think perhaps the question is if you would rather have those around you see you as great and important, or if you can be content to just know in your heart yourself that you are important."
The old man said softly.

"Ya know your pretty smart." Serge complimented giving the lighthouse keeper. "Makes sense though. You are the lighthouse keeper. Your job is to guide people. Thanks to your work the lighthouse saves lives everyday yet I doubt your thanked for every ship you help guide. I'll make sure to remember your words. Also thanks for all of the work that you do."

As they walked Serge couldn't help but think about those words. "Am I content with myself? Do I think I'm important? Of course I do. I've helped so many people. Saved so many lives." Serge assured himself.

"But would I be OK if nobody recognized my actions? If everyone forgot my name and I was ignored and forgotten despite doing so much. If I was relegated to the background while some other people took the spotlight. I'd be OK....right?" Serge toiled with these thoughts as he and his party went forth on their quest.

"You sure you would not rather have another by your side actually fighting I am sure Erissa can babysit well enough."
Demar grumbeled as Ivan rushed towards the two orcs together with you. Erissa created a protective blue barriar around herself, Sarah and the lighthouse keeper. Ivan swung at the orc but the beast moved to the side, the one you where attacking blocked your block with his club, then he snarled at you, the smell of his breath was not great and his large tusks where just inches from your face.

Serge locked weapons with the vile orc and stared him right in the face, trying not to gag at the smell of his breath. "Tell me. What kind of training can the bandits give you to make you fight for them? Why would you work for the ones who captured you?"

He didn't expect an answer and before the orc could retaliate Serge took a leap backwards and then took another swing at the orc, this time trying to attack him from his side where it would be harder for him to block.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:54 am

"Ya know your pretty smart." Serge complimented giving the lighthouse keeper. "Makes sense though. You are the lighthouse keeper. Your job is to guide people. Thanks to your work the lighthouse saves lives everyday yet I doubt your thanked for every ship you help guide. I'll make sure to remember your words. Also thanks for all of the work that you do."

The old lighthouse keeper smiled and bowed his head.
"Ah you are far to kind Sir, I only do my job, like my father before me, and one day my daugther will marry and her husband will tend the lighthouse, and her children after her...I do not do it for praise but because it is a job that needs doing and I take pride in my work."
The old man said but worry could be seen in his eyes as he spoke about his kidnapped child.

Serge locked weapons with the vile orc and stared him right in the face, trying not to gag at the smell of his breath. "Tell me. What kind of training can the bandits give you to make you fight for them? Why would you work for the ones who captured you?"

He didn't expect an answer and before the orc could retaliate Serge took a leap backwards and then took another swing at the orc, this time trying to attack him from his side where it would be harder for him to block.

"They have good food."
The orc replied in a slurred, slow voice, he swung at you with his club but then you managed to hit him in the side and he roared in pain and swung wildly with his club to get you away from him.

Ican you saw where dancing around the orc with the axe, giving the large creature a cut in the leg and then in the shoulder.
"Be careful!"
Shara urged then she closed her eyes and prayed and you could feel the gods favoring your fight and blessing you with strength.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:19 pm

"They have good food."
The orc replied in a slurred, slow voice, he swung at you with his club but then you managed to hit him in the side and he roared in pain and swung wildly with his club to get you away from him.

"We have a food too!" Serge said as he continued his attack. "If you tell us where the bandits are we'll give it to you!"

With the divine blessing, Serge could feel newfound strength flowing through him and he circled around the orc knowing that his slow opponent would have an even harder time attacking him from his blind spot.

Once an opportunity presented itself, Serge took another swing at the orc.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:28 pm

"We have a food too!" Serge said as he continued his attack. "If you tell us where the bandits are we'll give it to you!"

"No, we kill you and take food, then we go back to the bandits and get food there as well so more food."
The orc said and shook his head as he swung his club at you again just bearely missing your head.

With the divine blessing, Serge could feel newfound strength flowing through him and he circled around the orc knowing that his slow opponent would have an even harder time attacking him from his blind spot.

Once an opportunity presented itself, Serge took another swing at the orc.

The orc was indeed slow and he had just begun to turn to follow you when you hit him in the shoulder with your sword.
"Human mean!"
He declared and now wounded he got more desperate to try to run around and reach you with his club.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:43 pm

"No, we kill you and take food, then we go back to the bandits and get food there as well so more food."
The orc said and shook his head as he swung his club at you again just bearely missing your head.

"Ahh but I got a better solution." Serge mused as he ducked, narrowly avoiding getting his head bludgeoned off.

"We can give you food and you tell us where the bandits are. Then we'll go and kill the bandits and then you can take their food yourself. That way you don't have to do any work." Serge said, not knowing why he was trying to reason with an orc. Perhaps a small part of him wanted to see if he could.

The orc was indeed slow and he had just begun to turn to follow you when you hit him in the shoulder with your sword.
"Human mean!"
He declared and now wounded he got more desperate to try to run around and reach you with his club.

"You attacked us first you hyprocrite!" Serge declared as he continued his aggravated assault. He continued slicing and dicing the orc as well as making sure that the orc was in line of sight with Erissa so that the sorcerer would have an easier time landing a spell.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:43 pm

"Ahh but I got a better solution." Serge mused as he ducked, narrowly avoiding getting his head bludgeoned off.

"We can give you food and you tell us where the bandits are. Then we'll go and kill the bandits and then you can take their food yourself. That way you don't have to do any work." Serge said, not knowing why he was trying to reason with an orc. Perhaps a small part of him wanted to see if he could.

"That is...allot of food."
The ord admitted and it seamed like to cogs in his head started turning.
"Ok, you give us our food and we take you to the bandits and we get their food as well, that is good trade!"
The large green creature said and he put his club down, his fiend who where deperatly fighting with Ivan looked confused.
"They say they will give us much food."
The one with the club said and his friend stopped fighting for a moment.
"Much food?"
He asked.

"You attacked us first you hyprocrite!" Serge declared as he continued his aggravated assault. He continued slicing and dicing the orc as well as making sure that the orc was in line of sight with Erissa so that the sorcerer would have an easier time landing a spell.

The Orc stopped his attack when you made an accpetable offer of food though he would start again if you continued to fight him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:54 pm

"That is...allot of food."
The ord admitted and it seamed like to cogs in his head started turning.
"Ok, you give us our food and we take you to the bandits and we get their food as well, that is good trade!"
The large green creature said and he put his club down, his fiend who where deperatly fighting with Ivan looked confused.
"They say they will give us much food."
The one with the club said and his friend stopped fighting for a moment.
"Much food?"
He asked.

Serge stopped his attack immediately as the orc's did. A hero such as himself would never attack an unwilling opponent. He glanced at his comrade and made an equally confused face not expecting that to have worked himself. "I mean, it would make our job much easier if we let these guys lead us to the bandits." he said with a shrug of his shoulder.

Looking behind him to the spellcaster and Demar. "Hey how many rations do we have? I assume we stocked up, when we were in town and some of you guys brought some food from the inn?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Serge stopped his attack immediately as the orc's did. A hero such as himself would never attack an unwilling opponent. He glanced at his comrade and made an equally confused face not expecting that to have worked himself. "I mean, it would make our job much easier if we let these guys lead us to the bandits." he said with a shrug of his shoulder.

Ivan grunted at that and stopped his attack as well.
"I guess it would make the bandits easier to find."
He agreed though he eyed the two orc suspiciously.
"And if all it will cost us are some rations then I am all for it Serge."
The dwarf though did not look happy about the prospect of giving these orcs the party's food supplies and he grubeled under his beard.

Looking behind him to the spellcaster and Demar. "Hey how many rations do we have? I assume we stocked up, when we were in town and some of you guys brought some food from the inn?" Serge asked.

"Aye so we did, we have rations, sour bread, cheese and dried meat for the entire group for seven days and some fresh fruit from the inn."
Demar said and frowned. The Orc with the club grinned at that.
"Much food."
He anounced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next