Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 16 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:59 pm

(Family Gathering)
Anja wrote:"I guess you are going to have to forgive me Colin for thinking that Oracles have more esoteric reasons for not acting than just that they would cause to much damage, so would Masters of the Art, let alone Archmages, but Oracles are more than us, they have their own reasons."
Beatrice protested.
Colin smiled, "Well, no-one is sayingthere's just one single reason for their noninterference..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Sometimes...I'm not sure if I'm becoming more myself or losing who I was; it's confusing. Except when it wasn't and that was the worst of times, because I was in Quiet." He sighed.
Anja wrote:"While it might be more distinct for you my brother, what you describe is something we all feel, we all bot become and die at the same time."
The young Verbena said softly.
S7trif3 wrote:"I suppose that is so."
He pondered, "To some extent, I suppose we need to know who we were, to understand who we are, to figure out who we can become... The Quiet was disconcerting, though, I will admit that - but we managed to get you out of it, and that's rather the important part."

Anja wrote:"Assault laws suck, some people need to be kicked, they just need to!"
Anna said and pouted.
He smiled wryly, "Well, those same assault laws do mean that people can't kick you, either, if you're misbehaving..."

Anja wrote:"No and those nurses did not have an exceedingly good reason to hurt Case, so they got kicked!"
Your apprentice declared.
He sighed, "But did she really deserve to be kicked hard enough to crack bone, Sweetie? There's a reason I've asked Dr. Lee to teach you less violent ways of stopping an attacker... You created a fair bit of trouble for me and Dr. Boudavich with that one, you know."

S7trif3 wrote:He laughed at that. "Oh, it is something that I have told my mentor's impish friends many times, as well," he teased.
Anja wrote:"I have seen the imps Sir they are very cute."
Anna said your meaning going right over her head.
He bit back a snicker, but his eyes glittered impishly.

Anja wrote:Anna nodded at that still pouting.
"I do not like either of them!"
She declared.
He nodded, "And you're quite right to do so. Just remember that disliking someone does not justify violence."

Anja wrote:The young Orphan considered for some tie then she sigh and nodded.
"Yeah she is a warrior, I could not do that, she lets Dino draw her blood and once she had these tubes in her arms and she lets them do it."
Anna muttered.
"She had bruises afterwards it was terrifying to see but she...she says she is just scared just as it happens, then she is fine and will come out of the examination roo to play, if it was me I would be hiding under my bed for days!"
She said with her eyes wide.
"I could never do what she do."
He smiled thinly, "Never is a long time, Sweetie... I believe you have it in you to conquer your fears like the fierce, if lazy, dragon you have inside. I won't try to rush you or anything, of course, and if you don't get to that point, that's fine, too, but I have faith in you."

(Nicole's Arrival)
S7trif3 wrote:He shrugged. "I didn't expect there to be a debate... he said to her with a sigh. He looked over at Colin. "What are you expecting to get out of a trip to the docks? We have to be very careful right now, of course you realize so things can't be shared with the enemy, for obvious reasons. And bending the rules or standing right up on top of them might be unwise. Just be careful, is what I'm saying."
Anja wrote:"Some days my brother all seam to be a debate."
The young Verbena said with a sigh.
He smiled wryly, "Fortunately, in this case I can pull rank and say that this is not up for debate at all. As for what I might hope to gain - the simple bit of information as to whether the Union is experiencing the same problems. I think I can fish for that information without letting them know we've got a bit of a scare ourselves - if it's affected Sleepers, then they would probably be more aware of that than we are right now."

Nicole wrote:'Wasn't saying not tell him.' Nicole replied stubbornly. 'I've spent 'bout an hour so far starting to put together some info to get to this point. For an issue, I'll point out seems to only be a threat to one member here. I'm more wanting to go over to Westchapel; think they'll be doing much of the heavy lifting on this, not us. In fact, might be an idea to simply go there anyway.'
Anja wrote:"I agree with Colin here the Chief need to know and this is not a either or question it is a both, yes we need to contact Westchapel but we also need to give the Chief a head's up, if Adley is not coming along with you guys it makes sense for him to talk with his Mentor while you contact our allied Chantry."
Beatrice said.
S7trif3 wrote:"It might be a good place to start," he said. "Still, you're a member;do you think he would casually disregard your wellfare because you are only one person?" he arched an eyebrow at her. "Or is it because he doesn't know about your arm, either?" he added.
Nicole wrote:'Is not going to care as much as I do, he isn't.' she replied, crossing her arms as she leant on a wall. 'Plus, this is not directly affecting his Tradition, or threatening the security of the Chantry as a whole. Do not ask for, or expect him to throw much my way to solve this.' tone making it clear while she was not really happy about that, fully accepted the logic of it.
Anja wrote:"The Chief have protected me when he had nothing personal to gain for it nor his Tradition."
Beatrice said.
"We are a Chantry, that only work if we protect one another. I am pretty sure the Chief would do all he could to keep you safe."
S7trif3 wrote:"That is a wide array of suppositions, some baseless and some bordering on insulting. We may have tight resources but that doesn't mean he would not care or that you should not keep him in the loop in case something comes his way. Also, people in the mystical traditions use other types of enchanted limbs, it might be worthy to see if those are affected and do a contrast against why they are, or are not affected by what ever this is that's going on."
He frowned, "The Chief will care. I'm but an Orphan, but when my shop was robbed a few years back - my mundane little shop away from the Chantry - he helped track down the thief and made his life extremely unpleasant with some liberal application of targeted misfortune... My shop's never been robbed again, for some strange reason. And that was not even a threat to Chantry security. This situation... is; pragmatically speaking, if you're taken ill by this strange phenomenon, that's going to put another strain on the Chantry's resources and deprive us of tactical strength. Also, it's liable to weaken the Chantry's allies, which will be a both strategic and tactical burden. Besides, I would be sorely surprised if there are no Hermetics with medical implants - Hell, I would not be surprised if there were a few pacemakers and insulin pumps in every Tradition. And then there's the potential issue with other prostheses; if there's a discernible similarity or distinction to be found, that might make for a way to stop the problem..."

S7trif3 wrote:He puffed out a breath of air, clearly irritated suddenly but not at Colin. "I can't bring weapons inside the airport, but I could have them come out to greet me," he said more to himself. Then he snapped a look to Colin. "Look, why don't I drop in on the Chief, tell him what's going on, while you see if AJ can take you across. If there's room in the car and you decide you need me, text me to come to the garage. Otherwise I will be on standby and try to arrange a backup just in case. It's your decision now, I'm not going to waste your time arguing," he said and patted Colin on the shoulder as he tried to head straight past him and Nicole and out the door.
Nicole wrote:'Before we all run off, let me call Westchapel. See what they're up to. No point going to the Port to squeeze intel out of Mirrorshades if somebody else has already done it, no?' pulling out her phone.
Anja wrote:The young Verbena nodded.
"Seams reasonable enough."
S7trif3 wrote:"Good idea."
He nodded, "Very well. The BMW can seat five, if I remember correctly, so if you're only picking up one guest, that should be enough."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 16 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:01 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Was Master Nassa here with a job for you? Are you going to draw plants from the Umbra?"
Kyle asked.
"Sounds like a fun job."
He added.
"And getting credits in a book is good."

"Yeah. I have to improve those sketches for his guide book." Serge said gesturing to the sketches he had placed on top of his laptop.

I've always wanted my name in a book. Although I'd prefer author rather than illustrator. Ideally both." Serge admitted sheepishly, "But I am an artist and I've always wanted my art to be featured in a book so I'm not complaining."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:44 am

[Serge]

"Yeah. I have to improve those sketches for his guide book." Serge said gesturing to the sketches he had placed on top of his laptop.

Kyle got up from the floor and he looked at the sketches.
"These are some cool plants."
He said and smiled.

I've always wanted my name in a book. Although I'd prefer author rather than illustrator. Ideally both." Serge admitted sheepishly, "But I am an artist and I've always wanted my art to be featured in a book so I'm not complaining."

"You will be a full author one day Serge you can do anything, but this is a great start."
The young mage said and smiled.
"You should call your Mentor and tell her, I am sure she will be proud of you."

[Family Meeting]

"To give you a perspective, the universe and world would shrink for having lost you, and that happens each time we lose another avatar to the Fall. Small drops form an ocean, and raise the risk of drowning. You might not think one avatar should matter so much, but you do, and you do to me."

"I am what I am Adley I am Fallen I want to Descend."
Beatrice begun then she looked into your eyes.
"But you are right my Avatar is not just mine, part of him is yours now and the two of them belong together, I still want to Descend but if you wish I will try, to continue the cycle, continue walking the path with you for future lives, but for now this is not something I am able to want for myself, but I can do it for you because I love you as a brother and my Avatar loves yours."
The young blood witch said softly.

"I suppose that is so."

Beatrice just nodded at that.

Colin smiled, "Well, no-one is sayingthere's just one single reason for their noninterference..."

"That is true I suppose."
The blood witch agreed.

He smiled wryly, "Well, those same assault laws do mean that people can't kick you, either, if you're misbehaving..."

"Well yes that is true I suppose it would be chaos if everyone went around kicking one another if they did not like one another."
Anna said and sigh.

He sighed, "But did she really deserve to be kicked hard enough to crack bone, Sweetie? There's a reason I've asked Dr. Lee to teach you less violent ways of stopping an attacker... You created a fair bit of trouble for me and Dr. Boudavich with that one, you know."

"I never meant to really hurt her, only get her to let go, I had to act fast and hard, I am smaller than an adult and three of them plus whoever they would call would be to many to fight with my magick bound down, so I had to act with enough force to shock and stun so I could get Case and run, it was tactics."
Anna said simply.

He nodded, "And you're quite right to do so. Just remember that disliking someone does not justify violence."

"Okey...okey I won't kick them ok."
Anna said and she folded her arms over her chest and pouted.

He smiled thinly, "Never is a long time, Sweetie... I believe you have it in you to conquer your fears like the fierce, if lazy, dragon you have inside. I won't try to rush you or anything, of course, and if you don't get to that point, that's fine, too, but I have faith in you."

"But I don't understand how Evelyn can just...do it. I mean perhaps...possibly I could get to the point where I can accept treatment if the alternative was dying...but it would be horrible, but she...we can sit playing a game or something when I am at the hospital and a nurse will come and get her and she just go with them and then she comes back, she try to hide the needle marks form me but I see them and sometimes there are tears in her eyes but she just continue playing, how can she do that?"
Anna asked looking down. Beatrice spoke up looking at the little girl.
"She is not afaid of needles themself child, not like you are, so she might be apprehensive when she knows something will hurt or cry a little afterwards but she do not fear more than that. It is like if I am doing complex magick that involve deep cuts, I feel apprehensive of the pain, or when I go to the deep massage therapist that have been working out the knots in my shoulders, shit but those treatments hurt but I am not afraid of them beyond being apprenhensive of pain. I am terrified of everything that numbers six though. If there is six cookies on my plate I can not eat them, if I am in a room with six others I panic, I can not understand how others do not find it terrifying. But such fear can be overcome child."
She said and she patted Anna on the hand, the little girl looked from her to you for a moment then she nodded.
"Yeah...I suppose but I...don't want to."
She said nervously.
"I want to talk about something else."

(Nicole's Arrival)

"That is a wide array of suppositions, some baseless and some bordering on insulting. We may have tight resources but that doesn't mean he would not care or that you should not keep him in the loop in case something comes his way. Also, people in the mystical traditions use other types of enchanted limbs, it might be worthy to see if those are affected and do a contrast against why they are, or are not affected by what ever this is that's going on."

"I know that you do not know Master Morgan well yet Nicole but he is a good man, he took me in when no one else would, a widderslainte. Now off course there might be nothing he can do to protect you but even if it is just one Chantry member who would be in risk of something bad happening to them he would want to know."
Beatrice said softly.

He smiled wryly, "Fortunately, in this case I can pull rank and say that this is not up for debate at all. As for what I might hope to gain - the simple bit of information as to whether the Union is experiencing the same problems. I think I can fish for that information without letting them know we've got a bit of a scare ourselves - if it's affected Sleepers, then they would probably be more aware of that than we are right now."

"Just be careful please."
Beatrice said then she nodded.
"That is why we have a leader."

Hell, I would not be surprised if there were a few pacemakers and insulin pumps in every Tradition. And then there's the potential issue with other prostheses; if there's a discernible similarity or distinction to be found, that might make for a way to stop the problem..."

"If it is metal that is the problem then there might even be others at the Chantry. My Mentor tells me he got badly wounded with Primium many years ago and he have three steel pins which was used to hold his right leg together while he was healed."
Beatrice said and frowned.
"The thing is we do not know the scope of our problem yet, and it is our problem, not just yours Nicole ours as you are one of us now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:59 am

[Colin's Apartment]

Adley's Post:

'For fuck's sake, back to the super-prickliness?' the large woman replied, rolling her eyes. 'Did not say he "would not care" or "would do nothing". Just that it is natural for me to care more about it that him as it's about me and as the Chief he has to think about the wellbeing of everyone here and one of the nasty bits of leadership means sometimes you have to make the tough calls which could or sometimes will lead to someone ending up bagged. And what the fuck is up with you keep on seeing things all black-and-white? "Oh, Nick said he's not give 110% on this which clearly means she said he'd not even give 1%"'

Colin's Post:

'Which is why I asked Richard to ask quietly around work today. See if he can hear about any malfunctioning pacemakers and shit.' pulling out her phone. 'Now, am going to call my contact at Westchapel...' going through her contacts looking for Professor Haderman's number...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:01 am

[Colin's Apartment]

'For fuck's sake, back to the super-prickliness?' the large woman replied, rolling her eyes. 'Did not say he "would not care" or "would do nothing". Just that it is natural for me to care more about it that him as it's about me and as the Chief he has to think about the wellbeing of everyone here and one of the nasty bits of leadership means sometimes you have to make the tough calls which could or sometimes will lead to someone ending up bagged. And what the fuck is up with you keep on seeing things all black-and-white? "Oh, Nick said he's not give 110% on this which clearly means she said he'd not even give 1%"'

Beatrice clearly got uneasy as the shouting begun but she still spoke in a soft tone of voice.
"I can understand Adley here Nicole, the way understood your words to it sounded like you said there was no point in telling Chief Morgan that something is happening since it would just affect you so he would do nothing, which I also think is unfair but I also understand your belief in this as you do not know the man like we do. Now yes off course if he had to choose between you dying and ten Chantry members dying he would have to choose the good of the many over the good of the few, but as it do not seam to be the case if he can help you can be sure that he will."
The Verbena said and sigh.
"Master Morgan is a good, honorable man who care about this Chantry and who would give his life to protect it."

Which is why I asked Richard to ask quietly around work today. See if he can hear about any malfunctioning pacemakers and shit.' pulling out her phone. 'Now, am going to call my contact at Westchapel...' going through her contacts looking for Professor Haderman's number...

You found the elder Etherite's number on your phone. Beatrice stood.
"Well as I can not help much with this, I think I will go and check on Anna."
She said clearly wanting to get away from the arguing.
"In case she needs anything, I will talk with you later Adley if nothing else then for dinner, and good to see you Colin...Nicole...if you will excuse me."
She said and she waited to see if anyone had something to say before she headed for the Orphan apprentice's small room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:59 pm

(Family Meeting)
Anja wrote:"I never meant to really hurt her, only get her to let go, I had to act fast and hard, I am smaller than an adult and three of them plus whoever they would call would be to many to fight with my magick bound down, so I had to act with enough force to shock and stun so I could get Case and run, it was tactics."
Anna said simply.
Colin sighed, "Well... true. Hopefully, you'll learn some of Dr. Lee's less impactful methods soon, though..."

Anja wrote:"Okey...okey I won't kick them ok."
Anna said and she folded her arms over her chest and pouted.
He smiled, "Well, good. Tell you what, after I'm back from Horizon, we can start working on manipulating luck, alright? Setting karmic conditions on people; a biit of the good old 'what goes around comes around', like I bestowed on Case's mother at the hospital..."

Anja wrote:"But I don't understand how Evelyn can just...do it. I mean perhaps...possibly I could get to the point where I can accept treatment if the alternative was dying...but it would be horrible, but she...we can sit playing a game or something when I am at the hospital and a nurse will come and get her and she just go with them and then she comes back, she try to hide the needle marks form me but I see them and sometimes there are tears in her eyes but she just continue playing, how can she do that?"
Anna asked looking down. Beatrice spoke up looking at the little girl.
"She is not afaid of needles themself child, not like you are, so she might be apprehensive when she knows something will hurt or cry a little afterwards but she do not fear more than that. It is like if I am doing complex magick that involve deep cuts, I feel apprehensive of the pain, or when I go to the deep massage therapist that have been working out the knots in my shoulders, shit but those treatments hurt but I am not afraid of them beyond being apprenhensive of pain. I am terrified of everything that numbers six though. If there is six cookies on my plate I can not eat them, if I am in a room with six others I panic, I can not understand how others do not find it terrifying. But such fear can be overcome child."
She said and she patted Anna on the hand, the little girl looked from her to you for a moment then she nodded.
"Yeah...I suppose but I...don't want to."
She said nervously.
"I want to talk about something else."
He smiled and reqched over to lightly squeeze Anna's hand, "No-one is demanding you go toe to toe with what scares you, Sweetie. For now, we'll take the time we need to go around it."

(Nicole's Arrival)
Anja wrote:"I know that you do not know Master Morgan well yet Nicole but he is a good man, he took me in when no one else would, a widderslainte. Now off course there might be nothing he can do to protect you but even if it is just one Chantry member who would be in risk of something bad happening to them he would want to know."
Beatrice said softly.
Nicole wrote:'For fuck's sake, back to the super-prickliness?' the large woman replied, rolling her eyes. 'Did not say he "would not care" or "would do nothing". Just that it is natural for me to care more about it that him as it's about me and as the Chief he has to think about the wellbeing of everyone here and one of the nasty bits of leadership means sometimes you have to make the tough calls which could or sometimes will lead to someone ending up bagged. And what the fuck is up with you keep on seeing things all black-and-white? "Oh, Nick said he's not give 110% on this which clearly means she said he'd not even give 1%"'
Anja wrote:Beatrice clearly got uneasy as the shouting begun but she still spoke in a soft tone of voice.
"I can understand Adley here Nicole, the way understood your words to it sounded like you said there was no point in telling Chief Morgan that something is happening since it would just affect you so he would do nothing, which I also think is unfair but I also understand your belief in this as you do not know the man like we do. Now yes off course if he had to choose between you dying and ten Chantry members dying he would have to choose the good of the many over the good of the few, but as it do not seam to be the case if he can help you can be sure that he will."
The Verbena said and sigh.
"Master Morgan is a good, honorable man who care about this Chantry and who would give his life to protect it."
He frowned, "Alright, tempers, everyone. And I mean everyone. Nicole, if you want a good picture of the Chief, speak with your own Traditionmate, Mr. von Hess. For now, we've got a budding crisis, it seems, so we're dropping the squabble. That's an order."

Anja wrote:"Just be careful please."
Beatrice said then she nodded.
"That is why we have a leader."
Nicole wrote:'Which is why I asked Richard to ask quietly around work today. See if he can hear about any malfunctioning pacemakers and shit.' pulling out her phone. 'Now, am going to call my contact at Westchapel...' going through her contacts looking for Professor Haderman's number...
Anja wrote:You found the elder Etherite's number on your phone. Beatrice stood.
"Well as I can not help much with this, I think I will go and check on Anna."
She said clearly wanting to get away from the arguing.
"In case she needs anything, I will talk with you later Adley if nothing else then for dinner, and good to see you Colin...Nicole...if you will excuse me."
She said and she waited to see if anyone had something to say before she headed for the Orphan apprentice's small room.
He nodded, "Very good, we'll call Richard once we're approaching the airport..."

Anja wrote:"If it is metal that is the problem then there might even be others at the Chantry. My Mentor tells me he got badly wounded with Primium many years ago and he have three steel pins which was used to hold his right leg together while he was healed."
Beatrice said and frowned.
"The thing is we do not know the scope of our problem yet, and it is our problem, not just yours Nicole ours as you are one of us now."
He frowned, "If it goes so far as to affect surgical pins and screws, that's going to be a lot more trouble... let's hope it is more limited than that. Of course, we should really hope it is indeed only limited to the few isolated incidents we've heard of... but I don't think we're that lucky..."
He checked his pocket for his wand, dagger, and glasses, "Very well, shall we go, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:43 pm

[Family Meeting]

Colin sighed, "Well... true. Hopefully, you'll learn some of Dr. Lee's less impactful methods soon, though..."

"Yeah he is teaching me some good tricks dad."
Anna said and smiled.

He smiled, "Well, good. Tell you what, after I'm back from Horizon, we can start working on manipulating luck, alright? Setting karmic conditions on people; a biit of the good old 'what goes around comes around', like I bestowed on Case's mother at the hospital..."

"Ok I admit that is better than kicking them."
Anna said and smiled.
"I hear that after that happened Case's mother bit down on a hard piece of corn and had to go to the dentist which she hate which is just dessert for what she did to Case."
The young mage declared and grinned.

He smiled and reqched over to lightly squeeze Anna's hand, "No-one is demanding you go toe to toe with what scares you, Sweetie. For now, we'll take the time we need to go around it."

"I appreciate that dad and I have learned how lucky I am at that for many of the kids at the hospital, bot hospitals don't get a choice, their parents force them if they say no to a treatment."
Anna said and frowned deeply.
"I am thankful you don't do that to me."
In fact you had gotten a bit of a reputation in the two children's wards for being very good at talking kids into going along with treatments they did not want, and talking parents out of forcing their children where treatment where a good idea but not immediately necessary and rather work on getting their kids to go along with it willingly.

(Nicole's Arrival)

He frowned, "Alright, tempers, everyone. And I mean everyone. Nicole, if you want a good picture of the Chief, speak with your own Traditionmate, Mr. von Hess. For now, we've got a budding crisis, it seems, so we're dropping the squabble. That's an order."

"Yes off course, forgive me."
Beatrice muttered.
"Let us focus on the matter at hand."

He frowned, "If it goes so far as to affect surgical pins and screws, that's going to be a lot more trouble... let's hope it is more limited than that. Of course, we should really hope it is indeed only limited to the few isolated incidents we've heard of... but I don't think we're that lucky..."

"We are seldom that lucky."
Beatrice said.
"Let us just hope it is not as bad as it could be."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:34 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:Kyle got up from the floor and he looked at the sketches.
"These are some cool plants."
He said and smiled.

"Plants from the spirit realm. Umbral plants." Serge informed Kyle. "They probably have some super cool magickal properties to them."

Anja wrote:"You will be a full author one day Serge you can do anything, but this is a great start."
The young mage said and smiled.
"You should call your Mentor and tell her, I am sure she will be proud of you."

"Call my mentor? I think she's working around this time. Might not be the best to disturb her. In case she's in the middle of talking with a patient." Serge said pulling out his phone despite what his words. "I'll send her a message instead."

If Kyle had no objection he would quickly type up a quick text message to his mentor and send it:

"Hey Ange! I know your busy but just wanted to let you know that Master Nassa asked me to improve on some art for his book! He said he would credit me in the book. I'm gonna have my name in a book!!! Isn't that cool!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:23 pm

(Family Gathering)

"I am what I am Adley I am Fallen I want to Descend."
Beatrice begun then she looked into your eyes.
"But you are right my Avatar is not just mine, part of him is yours now and the two of them belong together, I still want to Descend but if you wish I will try, to continue the cycle, continue walking the path with you for future lives, but for now this is not something I am able to want for myself, but I can do it for you because I love you as a brother and my Avatar loves yours."

"Your avatar was never just yours, or any of its hosts, it belongs to the universe, it just forgot that. We are part of them, we care for them and they us, and we learn together, though and we are together with them, and in that way parts of us are eternal. So, your job is a bit harder, you have to help your avatar, for it has forgotten something important, it wants to Descend now and you feel that too because of it. But if that happens, you take a part of me with you, forever, a part that will never return. Please...I can't make you want to do whatever it takes that might be done, that is the hardest thing, you will have to want to try - but I can be with you, and help you, and keep the torch lit. You did this thing out of love, and out of love we're going to have to find our way out..."

He pondered, "To some extent, I suppose we need to know who we were, to understand who we are, to figure out who we can become... The Quiet was disconcerting, though, I will admit that - but we managed to get you out of it, and that's rather the important part."

"Yes, even got some...wisdom from it, if hard earned. There is just so much change, so fast and more to come, I need to find a good footing."

"Damn..."

(Nicole's Arrival)

"Good."

"What is up with you just deciding how the Chief of Security is going to act without even telling him what is going on? I get it, you don't like or think much of us. That's become clear. But you're the one painting in broad strokes; you can't call me out because I am looking at the picture you painted for us."

He put up his hands. "I wasn't trying to argue, I just wanted to help. If you don't want help from your own cabalmate, fine. I'm not trying to make more problems."

'Which is why I asked Richard to ask quietly around work today. See if he can hear about any malfunctioning pacemakers and shit.' pulling out her phone. 'Now, am going to call my contact at Westchapel...'

He sighed and shook his head. "Anything else you've been up to regarding this issue?"

He nodded, "Very well. The BMW can seat five, if I remember correctly, so if you're only picking up one guest, that should be enough."

He shook his head. "It's not just one. I didn't think we'd be there that long but perhaps we would be. Well, let me know if you need me, I can bring my car like you said, if you have need of me I will gear up and meet you. Just text me when you figure out what's going on, I'll be standby and tell the Chief what you guys are discussing."

"Alright, I'll check in with my brother if I get a moment, too." He gave her a wave, Colin a nod and then left, heading over to his Narim's room first since it was on the way downstairs. He muttered something to himself in Greek in irritation, then shook his head before knocking on his door.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:46 pm

[Serge]

"Plants from the spirit realm. Umbral plants." Serge informed Kyle. "They probably have some super cool magickal properties to them."

"Umbral plants eh, that is pretty cool, I wonder how they look in real life."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Call my mentor? I think she's working around this time. Might not be the best to disturb her. In case she's in the middle of talking with a patient." Serge said pulling out his phone despite what his words. "I'll send her a message instead."

"It is probably best not to disturb the good doctor, a message should be fine though and I am sure she would like to know something good happening with you."
The young Hermetic said as he continued drawing on his car.

If Kyle had no objection he would quickly type up a quick text message to his mentor and send it:

"Hey Ange! I know your busy but just wanted to let you know that Master Nassa asked me to improve on some art for his book! He said he would credit me in the book. I'm gonna have my name in a book!!! Isn't that cool!"

You got a reply back from Ange after a little while.
"That is wonderful Serge I am so proud of you. By the way since you are going to Horizon tomrrow would you like to have lunch today."

[Family Meeting]

Your avatar was never just yours, or any of its hosts, it belongs to the universe, it just forgot that. We are part of them, we care for them and they us, and we learn together, though and we are together with them, and in that way parts of us are eternal. So, your job is a bit harder, you have to help your avatar, for it has forgotten something important, it wants to Descend now and you feel that too because of it. But if that happens, you take a part of me with you, forever, a part that will never return. Please...I can't make you want to do whatever it takes that might be done, that is the hardest thing, you will have to want to try - but I can be with you, and help you, and keep the torch lit. You did this thing out of love, and out of love we're going to have to find our way out..."

"I am not sure I can want to not Descend Adley, the spiritual need in me are for non existence, I can not just flip a switch and want something else, however I am willing to try to walk a different path and change that for you though I am not sure if I can manage it."
Beatrice said then she sigh.
"But I can try."

"Damn..."

"I am good at kicking Mr Roth Hicks."
Anna said and she grinned.

(Nicole's Arrival)

"Alright, I'll check in with my brother if I get a moment, too." He gave her a wave, Colin a nod and then left, heading over to his Narim's room first since it was on the way downstairs. He muttered something to himself in Greek in irritation, then shook his head before knocking on his door.

Beatrice gave you a warm smile before she knocked on Anna's door and then headed into the small bedroom to talk with the younger mage.

You got to Narim's room, the Adept opened the door and gave you a smile when he saw you.
"Good morning Adley, do you want to come in, I have been baking to are some fresh bread."
He offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:41 pm

[Family Meeting]

"I am not sure I can want to not Descend Adley, the spiritual need in me are for non existence, I can not just flip a switch and want something else, however I am willing to try to walk a different path and change that for you though I am not sure if I can manage it."
Beatrice said then she sigh.
"But I can try."

"I never said it would be easy, or like flipping a switch, because it will not be anything like that at all. But, concentrating on why you don't want to end things now is a start, that more is possible than being doomed, ending your eternal avatar, or reincarnating into something worse. After all, how many times have I heard a Fallen say, well, let's end it all, but later? Quite a few Fallen were upset that their leader's later was their now, weren't they? And that kind of thinking is unbalanced, isn't it? After getting to use, participate and learn from the entire universe as much as you like or feel you need, then you want to end it all, regardless that there could be another generation that could experience things, or learn with you, or wish things to continue. Granted, with the Fallen most often times what they want is quite awful, but that's not the case for you and a few others. There's a difference, and that's why we have hope. Because the spirit is eternal, it's up to us with our human limitations to remind him that there is more possible. You don't have to achieve that right this second, adelfi, but just believe that there is a possibility. That is the start. Otherwise...if the torch cannot show you another way because you don't feel the need to look or to try, we cannot jump that gap for you and I will lose you. You can't know how sad that thought makes me feel...but we have something together we must do together, adelfi and I think that will help us. Something I'm not sure that I'm ready for yet either, but something important."

"I am good at kicking Mr Roth Hicks."

"Indeed."

[Narim's room]

You got to Narim's room, the Adept opened the door and gave you a smile when he saw you.
"Good morning Adley, do you want to come in, I have been baking to are some fresh bread."
He offered.

Despite himself he was looking a bit cross still at first when Narim opened the door. Then the smell of baked bread hit him and his boyfriend's smiling face and it was all gone, just like that. "I would love to, but I can't stay too long unfortunately," he said, and went inside his room. "That smells amazing!" he said, and suddenly wished he could stay there, all day, with warm bread and Narim and...well, he couldn't. He sighed. "I came to ask if you knew where my pater was, right now? Also, if you wanted to have dinner with me and my family and Bee later tonight. And...one more thing, kind of more important. You don't have any implants, do you? I'm not judging, I'm just worried..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:20 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"Umbral plants eh, that is pretty cool, I wonder how they look in real life."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Got some written description over there as well if you don't mind imagining things." Serge replied. "Master Nassa also said he'd take me on a trip to see the plants. You should join us."

Anja wrote:"It is probably best not to disturb the good doctor, a message should be fine though and I am sure she would like to know something good happening with you."
The young Hermetic said as he continued drawing on his car.
Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Ange after a little while.
"That is wonderful Serge I am so proud of you. By the way since you are going to Horizon tomrrow would you like to have lunch today."

He quickly sent a message back, "Sure thing! I can have it whenever your free. Did you have anywhere in mind?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:39 pm

[Adley]

"I never said it would be easy, or like flipping a switch, because it will not be anything like that at all. But, concentrating on why you don't want to end things now is a start, that more is possible than being doomed, ending your eternal avatar, or reincarnating into something worse. After all, how many times have I heard a Fallen say, well, let's end it all, but later? Quite a few Fallen were upset that their leader's later was their now, weren't they? And that kind of thinking is unbalanced, isn't it? After getting to use, participate and learn from the entire universe as much as you like or feel you need, then you want to end it all, regardless that there could be another generation that could experience things, or learn with you, or wish things to continue. Granted, with the Fallen most often times what they want is quite awful, but that's not the case for you and a few others. There's a difference, and that's why we have hope. Because the spirit is eternal, it's up to us with our human limitations to remind him that there is more possible. You don't have to achieve that right this second, adelfi, but just believe that there is a possibility. That is the start. Otherwise...if the torch cannot show you another way because you don't feel the need to look or to try, we cannot jump that gap for you and I will lose you. You can't know how sad that thought makes me feel...but we have something together we must do together, adelfi and I think that will help us. Something I'm not sure that I'm ready for yet either, but something important."

"Perhaps there is a reason the sliver of your Avatar turned out to be a torch...and not some other form, perhaps the forest god have turned into the Hermetic and that torch will guide his path."
The young Verbena said and she smiled slightly.
"I want non existence but at the same time, perhaps I do want to follow that path, with you perhaps there is hope that I can return to light. And no I am not ready to let the forest god become ash and then a new seed, not yet but one day he will want that so he can start his cycle again, if I can abandon the path of screams that it."
Beatrice said.
"The problem is that is a hard path to leave, it is a path of horrors and once it have it's claws in you. I am confused brother...so confused I don't know what I want but I can try to walk in the light of the Hermetit's lamp.

"Indeed."

Anna gave a proud grin at that.

Despite himself he was looking a bit cross still at first when Narim opened the door. Then the smell of baked bread hit him and his boyfriend's smiling face and it was all gone, just like that. "I would love to, but I can't stay too long unfortunately," he said, and went inside his room. "That smells amazing!" he said, and suddenly wished he could stay there, all day, with warm bread and Narim and...well, he couldn't. He sighed. "I came to ask if you knew where my pater was, right now? Also, if you wanted to have dinner with me and my family and Bee later tonight. And...one more thing, kind of more important. You don't have any implants, do you? I'm not judging, I'm just worried..."

"Let me get you one of those to go, if you get hungry later."
Narim said and he took a napkin and went into his kitchen where he picked up one triangle slice of the nan bread he had just been making and wrapped it in the napkin the bread smelled of spices and garlic.
"I make these in the oven rather than traditionally in a pan, it gives a harder crust and fluffier inside."
He said as he headband you the bread.
"Yes I do actually I am talking with your Mentor right now in his office, I have been informed of some...problems I had to talk to him about and due to your question I suspect you are aware of these problems. I can inform you though that I have no implants of any kind, not even a tooth filling."
The Virtual Adept said then he smiled.
"I would love to have dinner with you and your family and Miss Alexander, just tell me when."
He said warmly.

[Serge]

"Got some written description over there as well if you don't mind imagining things." Serge replied. "Master Nassa also said he'd take me on a trip to see the plants. You should join us."

"That would be pretty cool, to go and see them, if y Mentor agree and let me go."
Kyle said and he smiled as he picked the papers up and started reading.
"Oh wow listen to this one, the flower grow on green blue, transparent stalks, with small blue transparent leaves, the flower itself is blue and let of a dull, ghostlike luminescence, now that is a flower."

He quickly sent a message back, "Sure thing! I can have it whenever your free. Did you have anywhere in mind?"

"What about at 12, you know that cafe next to that bookstore where we went for art supplies last month."
You got as a reply from your Mentor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:51 pm

[Family meeting]

"Perhaps there is a reason the sliver of your Avatar turned out to be a torch...and not some other form, perhaps the forest god have turned into the Hermetic and that torch will guide his path...The problem is that is a hard path to leave, it is a path of horrors and once it have it's claws in you. I am confused brother...so confused I don't know what I want but I can try to walk in the light of the Hermetit's lamp.

He nodded. "Yes, it is hard. But we can't let them win, can we? BIf you try, and want to truly try, then that is the best way to get back what was lost as ever could be."

[Narim's room]

"Let me get you one of those to go, if you get hungry later." Narim said and he took a napkin and went into his kitchen where he picked up one triangle slice of the nan bread he had just been making and wrapped it in the napkin the bread smelled of spices and garlic.
"I make these in the oven rather than traditionally in a pan, it gives a harder crust and fluffier inside."
He said as he headband you the bread.

He took the bread with a bit of a stunned look on his face then smiled at him. "Is it later yet?" he said with a grin and a sudden feel of happiness. It was stupid, maybe, it was bread, but it was fresh bread and it was given to him and he hadn't felt so happy in a long time. "You truly are amazing."

"Yes I do actually I am talking with your Mentor right now in his office, I have been informed of some...problems I had to talk to him about and due to your question I suspect you are aware of these problems. I can inform you though that I have no implants of any kind, not even a tooth filling."

He looked relieved that Narmi didn't have any sort of implants and his expression turned more serious. "Ah, yes. Wait, that means you're..." He made sort of a gesture with his hands, and then raised an eyebrow. "Please be careful..." he said. Then he grabbed a pen and paper out of his bag.

"I would love to have dinner with you and your family and Miss Alexander, just tell me when." He said warmly.

He nodded. "I'm not sure just when yet, but I'll let you know."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:41 am

[Family Meeting]
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, even got some...wisdom from it, if hard earned. There is just so much change, so fast and more to come, I need to find a good footing."
Colin pondered, "Wisdom... and intel, too. But I would, of course, not recommend it as a go-to source of knowledge."

S7trif3 wrote:"Damn..."
Anja wrote:"I am good at kicking Mr Roth Hicks."
S7trif3 wrote:"Indeed."
Anja wrote:Anna gave a proud grin at that.
He sighed, "Yes, Richard said something about a Tae Kwon Do red-belt equivalent, though he didn't quite explain what that means. I suppose I ought to read up on that..."

Anja wrote:"Ok I admit that is better than kicking them."
Anna said and smiled.
"I hear that after that happened Case's mother bit down on a hard piece of corn and had to go to the dentist which she hate which is just dessert for what she did to Case."
The young mage declared and grinned.
He grinned, "Well, just keep in mind that tampering with luck does have a tendency to create backlashes - not quite as severe as Paradox, but all the same... luck may not be a zero-sum game, but there is an approximate balance to it."

Anja wrote:"I appreciate that dad and I have learned how lucky I am at that for many of the kids at the hospital, bot hospitals don't get a choice, their parents force them if they say no to a treatment."
Anna said and frowned deeply.
"I am thankful you don't do that to me."
In fact you had gotten a bit of a reputation in the two children's wards for being very good at talking kids into going along with treatments they did not want, and talking parents out of forcing their children where treatment where a good idea but not immediately necessary and rather work on getting their kids to go along with it willingly.
He smiled thinly, "It is very rare that it's truly necessary to treat a child without taking the time to explain to them why they might need it. Unfortunately, parents can often be more stubborn than a toddler - which for parenting in general is a good thing, but when it comes to reasoning with a scared child... not so much. I think I might be making a good example at the children's wards recently, though... It only takes a few minutes out of my time when I'm there, and the nurses get to deal with a lot less screaming and kicking... even if the kicks are lighter than yours."

[Nicole's Arrival]
Anja wrote:"Yes off course, forgive me."
Beatrice muttered.
"Let us focus on the matter at hand."
S7trif3 wrote:He put up his hands. "I wasn't trying to argue, I just wanted to help. If you don't want help from your own cabalmate, fine. I'm not trying to make more problems."
He nodded, "It's not about the help, Adley. It's about seeing my Cabalmates getting on each others' nerves in my living room, especially when one of them is exhibiting signs of picking up his Mentor's... quirks. I'm looking at the thermometer, and it is moving."

S7trif3 wrote:He shook his head. "It's not just one. I didn't think we'd be there that long but perhaps we would be. Well, let me know if you need me, I can bring my car like you said, if you have need of me I will gear up and meet you. Just text me when you figure out what's going on, I'll be standby and tell the Chief what you guys are discussing."
He nodded, "I will keep you posted, then - ideally, we won't need backup."
He frowned, "Bugger, I forgot to ask, could you ask Narim to send me that little app that gets me reception at the Umbral Port? Just in case."

Anja wrote:"We are seldom that lucky."
Beatrice said.
"Let us just hope it is not as bad as it could be."
He nodded darkly, "Yes, let's..."

He gestured for the door, ushering Nicole outside, "Well, then, you will likely find your phone signal better outside the apartment. Shall we?"

((OOC: Home again. How good to be in front of a computer with brackets on the keyboard. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:02 am

[Family Meeting]

He nodded. "Yes, it is hard. But we can't let them win, can we? BIf you try, and want to truly try, then that is the best way to get back what was lost as ever could be."

"A warrior's challenge eh?"
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"I will try Adley, but that is all I can promise you that I will try."

He sighed, "Yes, Richard said something about a Tae Kwon Do red-belt equivalent, though he didn't quite explain what that means. I suppose I ought to read up on that..."

"I do not know what it is called dad, all I now is that Dr Lee is teaching me ways to defend myself in ways that restrain the opponent or get them to the ground but which at most leaves some bruises, it is pretty neat though I still think a good kick is the way to go at times."
Anna said and nodded.

He grinned, "Well, just keep in mind that tampering with luck does have a tendency to create backlashes - not quite as severe as Paradox, but all the same... luck may not be a zero-sum game, but there is an approximate balance to it."

"Why do you think that is dad, that there are a price to pay for such magick?"
The young mage asked accepting your words on the matter.

He smiled thinly, "It is very rare that it's truly necessary to treat a child without taking the time to explain to them why they might need it. Unfortunately, parents can often be more stubborn than a toddler - which for parenting in general is a good thing, but when it comes to reasoning with a scared child... not so much. I think I might be making a good example at the children's wards recently, though... It only takes a few minutes out of my time when I'm there, and the nurses get to deal with a lot less screaming and kicking... even if the kicks are lighter than yours."

"I don't get how you do it, I mean one thing is that little boy last time we where there who did not want to have his legs checked in the MR machine, that do not hurt he was just scared of the noise but you have talked some of the kids into more scary things as well."
Anna said and frowned.
"But yeah I sort of get it if it is life and death, especially if the kids are to young to make that choice, but when it is not then parents should accept it if a kid do not want to have something done."
Anna said ad she looked down.

[Narim's Room]

He took the bread with a bit of a stunned look on his face then smiled at him. "Is it later yet?" he said with a grin and a sudden feel of happiness. It was stupid, maybe, it was bread, but it was fresh bread and it was given to him and he hadn't felt so happy in a long time. "You truly are amazing."

"If you wish to have it now Adley go ahead I can wrap up another slice for you for later, I have made more than enough."
Narim said happily.
"Why thank you, I am glad you appreciate my cooking."
He said with a big smile.

He looked relieved that Narmi didn't have any sort of implants and his expression turned more serious. "Ah, yes. Wait, that means you're..." He made sort of a gesture with his hands, and then raised an eyebrow. "Please be careful..." he said. Then he grabbed a pen and paper out of his bag.

"Yes I am indeed colocating."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I will be careful but within the Chantry such reality manipulation is generally fairly safe."

He nodded. "I'm not sure just when yet, but I'll let you know."

"Thank you, I am very glad you invited me, I am looking forward to it."
Narim said, his hand hovering near yours but not quite touching since you did not like being touched, still he enjoyed being near you and you could feel the heat from his hand.

[Nicole's Arrival]

He nodded, "It's not about the help, Adley. It's about seeing my Cabalmates getting on each others' nerves in my living room, especially when one of them is exhibiting signs of picking up his Mentor's... quirks. I'm looking at the thermometer, and it is moving."

"Indeed it was the temperature had risen by two degrees since the argument started.

He nodded darkly, "Yes, let's..."

Beatrice just nodded at that a worried look in her eyes.

(OOC: Poor little unloved Mac.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:35 am

[Family Meeting]

"A warrior's challenge eh?" Beatrice said and she smiled a little. "I will try Adley, but that is all I can promise you that I will try."

"I have faith that you can do it, if you want to; so if you try, you can succeed."

"Why do you think that is dad, that there are a price to pay for such magick?"
The young mage asked accepting your words on the matter.

"There will always be a cost - you might change who pays it, but it costs all the same." He frowned.

[Nicole's Arrival]

"Sorry." He took a deep breath and began to count backwards from one hundred in various languages.

He nodded, "I will keep you posted, then - ideally, we won't need backup." He frowned, "Bugger, I forgot to ask, could you ask Narim to send me that little app that gets me reception at the Umbral Port? Just in case."

"Certainly, I will stop in."

[Narim's Room]

"If you wish to have it now Adley go ahead I can wrap up another slice for you for later, I have made more than enough." Narim said happily. "Why thank you, I am glad you appreciate my cooking."

"I appreciate you, in general."

"Yes I am indeed colocating."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I will be careful but within the Chantry such reality manipulation is generally fairly safe."

"I know but you must still have a load to work off, please be careful, tragoúdi stin psychí mou. I admit, that there are two of you must seem...convenient. " He gave him a grin, then bit the bread, holding onto it as he and wrote out something. Then he asked Narim, "Can you please send him this message?" He held out the paper to him and put the notebook away. Then he took a bite of the bread, and then another.

"Thank you, I am very glad you invited me, I am looking forward to it." Narim said, his hand hovering near yours but not quite touching since you did not like being touched, still he enjoyed being near you and you could feel the heat from his hand.

"It's ok...go ahead," he said, then put out his hand. "Oh, and one more thing, Colin asked if you could send him that program...the one that lets him get phone reception in realms. That sounds pretty useful, actually..."

// Flambeau come with their own radiator capabilities, just add irritation and agitate. Save energy! Annoy a Flambeau xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:50 am

[Family Meeting]

"I have faith that you can do it, if you want to; so if you try, you can succeed."

"I have always been told I am damned that there is no hope for me...but yes you are right, I am a mage after all I create my own reality."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"I promise I will try brother."

"There will always be a cost - you might change who pays it, but it costs all the same." He frowned.

"Hum...that makes allot of sense Sir..."
Anna said and nodded thoughtfully.
"Hermetics are really smart, probably because they read all the books."

[Nicole's Arrival]

"Sorry." He took a deep breath and began to count backwards from one hundred in various languages.

The temperature went back down...a little.

[Narim's Room]

"I appreciate you, in general."

"I appreciate you as well Adley...and having you enjoy my cooking, that is kind of nice."
Narim said happily.

"I know but you must still have a load to work off, please be careful, tragoúdi stin psychí mou. I admit, that there are two of you must seem...convenient. " He gave him a grin, then bit the bread, holding onto it as he and wrote out something. Then he asked Narim, "Can you please send him this message?" He held out the paper to him and put the notebook away. Then he took a bite of the bread, and then another.

"I have some of my regular duties but it is not to bad today, it is practical though but there is not two of me, that would require quite a bit of advanced magick in completely different areas of reality. I am in two places at once."
The Virtual Adept corrected then he looked at what you had written and nodded.
"I have told him, Jeffry want to talk with you, if you have the time."

"It's ok...go ahead," he said, then put out his hand. "Oh, and one more thing, Colin asked if you could send him that program...the one that lets him get phone reception in realms. That sounds pretty useful, actually..."

Narim gently, tenatively trouched your hand, you felt his long, strong fingers, his hand was smooth and you smelled the cent of spices and floral soap, he held your hand gently as if holding a most preciousl jewel.
"Touching you feels nice."
He said with a warm smile then he nodded.
"Off course I will do so right away and yes it is a useful little app if I may say so myself."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:06 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"That would be pretty cool, to go and see them, if y Mentor agree and let me go."
Kyle said and he smiled as he picked the papers up and started reading.
"Oh wow listen to this one, the flower grow on green blue, transparent stalks, with small blue transparent leaves, the flower itself is blue and let of a dull, ghostlike luminescence, now that is a flower."

"Well that's certainly going to be an interesting one to draw. I can already imagine it in my head. Ghost flower! Imagine the potions you could make with that." Serge said with a grin. " I bet you could make some eerie glowing potions. That causes whatever you pour it on to glow similarly to the plant."

Anja wrote:"What about at 12, you know that cafe next to that bookstore where we went for art supplies last month."
You got as a reply from your Mentor.

"Sure thing. Meet you there at 12." Serge sent back to his mentor.

"Hey what time is it?" Serge asked Kyle right after he sent the message.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:43 am

[Family Meeting]

"Hum...that makes allot of sense Sir..."
Anna said and nodded thoughtfully.
"Hermetics are really smart, probably because they read all the books."

"Oh...that one I didn't learn from a book. I may have read something along those lines, but I didn't know what I was reading."

[Narim's Room]

"I have some of my regular duties but it is not to bad today, it is practical though but there is not two of me, that would require quite a bit of advanced magick in completely different areas of reality. I am in two places at once."

"Which is also quite a bit of advanced magick, to be fair." His handwriting looked awkward since he had bread jammed into his mouth and had written on whatever handy surface: Thought you'd like to know Ncl has put some feelers out on the situation. She's got Richard at his work keeping an eye and is asking around local chantries. Cln and Ncl may go to the U-docks to gather intel, possibly with AJ. Said I would go, if they needed backup, so on call.' The note then was folded up so that he could destroy it when he got downstairs.

"I have told him, Jeffry want to talk with you, if you have the time."

"Thank you, tell him I'll be down in a couple minutes, please." He took another bite of the bread.

Touching you feels nice." He said with a warm smile then he nodded.

He blushed. "I'm not glass, I won't break so easily," he said but he was smiling as he said so and gave his hand a squeeze. "But...yes...it does."

"Off course I will do so right away and yes it is a useful little app if I may say so myself."

"Thank you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:38 am

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Adley's Post:

Colin's Post:

'This ain't no squabble. I just demand the right to be shot for words I actually fucking said, not folk jumping overboard on shit.' Nicole replied, giving an annoyed look.

Adley's Post:

'Learning that it was an issue big enough to bring to here?'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Giving a nod to Beatrice, Nicole let herself be ushered out of the door and went to call Haderman.

[She didn't actually shout, though was... heated.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:54 pm

[Serge]

"Well that's certainly going to be an interesting one to draw. I can already imagine it in my head. Ghost flower! Imagine the potions you could make with that." Serge said with a grin. " I bet you could make some eerie glowing potions. That causes whatever you pour it on to glow similarly to the plant."

"Hum...says here it can be used to dissolve spiritual attachment and help against aching feet, stomach issues reflux...and it tastes a bit like mint, I bet you can make glowing, transparent muffins with this."
Kyle said and grinned.
"We should get Miss Alexander some I hear she love baking."

"Sure thing. Meet you there at 12." Serge sent back to his mentor.

"See you then."
You got back as a reply.

"Hey what time is it?" Serge asked Kyle right after he sent the message.

Kyle fished out his phone and checked.
"Let me see it is 8 46 in the morning right now."

[Family Meeting]

"Oh...that one I didn't learn from a book. I may have read something along those lines, but I didn't know what I was reading."

"How did you learn it Sir?"
Anna asked then she smiled.
"One can learn allot of things from books though, I like books."

[Narim's Room]

"Which is also quite a bit of advanced magick, to be fair." His handwriting looked awkward since he had bread jammed into his mouth and had written on whatever handy surface: Thought you'd like to know Ncl has put some feelers out on the situation. She's got Richard at his work keeping an eye and is asking around local chantries. Cln and Ncl may go to the U-docks to gather intel, possibly with AJ. Said I would go, if they needed backup, so on call.' The note then was folded up so that he could destroy it when he got downstairs.

Narim read the the note, squinting when your handwriting got hard to read then he nodded.
"I will inform him, and yes it is fairly advanced, I co located the fist tie to prove that I had the skill to be known as an Adept."
He said.
"Even so though making a copy of yourself and then fill it with a mind, or a copy of your own mind, that is harder."

"Thank you, tell him I'll be down in a couple minutes, please." He took another bite of the bread.

"I will let him know, he says he will put on more coffee."
Narim said and smile.
"The man sure do enjoy his coffee."

He blushed. "I'm not glass, I won't break so easily," he said but he was smiling as he said so and gave his hand a squeeze. "But...yes...it does."

"No Adley you are not fragile, but you are precious and what is precious and beautiful one handle with gentleness and care."
The Virtual Adept said and he blushed as well as he looked into your eyes, his thumb gently stroking over the skin of your hand.

"Thank you."

"Not a problem the app is ready to be sent at any time so it is no trouble."
The technoancer said.

[Nicole]

'This ain't no squabble. I just demand the right to be shot for words I actually fucking said, not folk jumping overboard on shit.' Nicole replied, giving an annoyed look.

"Perhaps what we have here are a bit of a misunderstanding. I have to admit to hearing what Adley clais but since you say this is not what you have said Nicole perhaps we are all misunderstanding one antoher, we should sit down and discuss this over tea when we have a chance to without a potential crisis on the way."
Beatrice said calmly.

Giving a nod to Beatrice, Nicole let herself be ushered out of the door and went to call Haderman.

The verbena gave you a wave of her hand as you left.

You got out of Colin's apartment and called Westchapel's Deacon Primus, after a few rings he replied.
"Haderman speaking."
He said simply.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply we had a visitor so I had to be social...on the plus side I got a late Christmas present so now I have a huge teacup with cats all over it. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:07 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Good morning sir; Bouchard here. Sorry if I'm disturbing you, but I think we've got a problem. Have you heard about cybernetics failing?'

[Will hold off the other bits for the other PCs]

[You saying you can't just ignore the visitor? Or is this something which is only done by the grumpier end of my family? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:16 pm

[Nicole]

"So you have heard about that to."
The Deacon Primus said he sounded concerned.
"I have gotten some disturbing rapports, cybernetics that stop working and then the owners get sick. I have heard of cases in Chicago, Detroit and London...ehm...yes and good morning yes..."
He added the last absent minded.

(OOC: She is a nice person, my mother's childhood friend but I do not have that much to talk with her about so there is allot of talk of the weather and other such things. I did have my tablet and was watching something on netflix with the sound of during the visit though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:24 pm

[Phone Call]

Anja's Post:

'London as the one in Europe?' Nicole replied, mainly asking for Colin's benefit. 'Who's organising the reaction to this in Boston, sir? Clearly this could become a serious issue with both us and the Adepts if it spreads further.'

[Heh heh... reminds me when I was a kid, being forced to "hang out" with random kids in which we had nothing in common with.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next